Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steve Bannon Pushing Michael Avenatti to Run for President, Calls Him ‘Fearless’

[QUOTE]“If Bernie Sanders had an ounce of Avenatti’s fearlessness, he would have been the Democratic nominee and we would have had a much tougher time beating him,” Bannon said Friday. “He’s got a fearlessness and he’s a fighter.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2018 3:20 PM

He's playing to Avenatti's ego to manipulate him into being a third party candidate. He believes, probably rightly, a third party candidate will split the Democratic vote. (No way the deplorables will vote for Stormy's lawyer.)

It's like the Republican political consultants confiding to reporters they fear a Biden candidacy. It probably means they don't. If they say they don't want Biden, they do for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2018 3:00 PM

You’re conflating two separate issues. The Republican operatives who say they fear Biden the most do it under anonymity. Reporters tell us because it comes from multiple sources, off the record, and they’re confident that it’s the truth. And frankly it makes sense—who better to hold the states Hillary won while turning a state like Pennsylvania blue again than Joe Biden? You honestly think Trump would’ve lost PA to Joe Biden?

This, however, is an entirely different thing.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2018 3:14 PM

What R1 said.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2018 3:25 PM

“He poses the biggest threat by far,” said Susan Del Percio, the Republican strategist, who contends that Warren and Sanders are too far to the left to defeat Trump in the general. “They're very left and the country is very middle.”

Shermichael Singleton, another Republican strategist,, said he can’t see anyone beating Trump except for Biden “because of his ability to connect with blue-collar and middle-class voters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2018 3:25 PM

Two MSNBC contributors, neither of whom are fans of Trump and are probably labeled RINOs by Deplorables. And they want to throw us off track by lying and pushing a Democrat they feel Trump can easily defeat?

Again, I don’t equate them with Bannon at all. Steve Bannon is a man who’s on the record as saying he’ll be out there in 2020 fighting to help Trump get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2018 3:35 PM

So Bannon is in sync with Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2018 3:36 PM

Who cares what some old drunk who licked Trump’s ass and still got kicked to the curb? The man is a pathetic caricature who lacks the self awareness to be in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2018 3:44 PM

He’s got dirt on him. Wants him to run, only to then unleash the scandal that will do him in (ie Clinton’s emails), and will ensure Trump’s win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2018 3:44 PM

Whatever Bannon wants or encourages, find the literal opposite and do that.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2018 3:46 PM

And to think some idiots in this site are pushing for avenatti to run. He probably has his own metto which the republicans will use against him or fraud allegations.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2018 3:47 PM

My favorite Bannon quote from the Wolf book: “Ivanka is a dumb as a brick”

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2018 3:51 PM

Avenatti doesn't seem stupid enough to fall for this shit. He's got an ego, anyone can tell, but he's been firmly against these bastards from the beginning. He's a shark, but he's OUR shark.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2018 3:52 PM

Sharks aren’t devoted to anyone or anything but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2018 4:04 PM

Sharks aren’t devoted to anyone or anything but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2018 4:04 PM

So truthful I had to say it twice.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2018 4:05 PM

Steve is manipulating Michael, I see.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2018 4:10 PM

At least Avenatti's self interest chimes better than Trump's or Bannon's R13/14/15

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2018 4:10 PM

Biden has too many issues and is too old.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2018 4:11 PM

You’re right, R17. I don’t mind Michael Avenatti as a lawyer. But I damn sure don’t want him as the Democratic nominee for President. I don’t even want him to enter the race—that alone can cause irreparable harm.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2018 4:13 PM

I don't want to believe any of the shit that falls out of Bannon's mouth, but somehow I have no trouble believing that the quote at R11 is both correctly attributed to him and an accurate assessment of her.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2018 4:14 PM

You know what else is as dumb as a brick? Finding out the one person your boss actually seems genuinely fond of and then telling a reporter that this person is as dumb as a brick.

It's a real good way to get fired.

Bannon is not an evil genius. He looks like one when standing next to the rest of those clowns, but in truth he's just a flabby porker who struck it rich. Minus the dough he'd be any given foul-smelling drunk in a dive bar in Sheyboygan.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2018 4:21 PM

Steve Bannon needs to be wiped out. Let’s start a GoFundMe page now. This man is a danger to world peace and anything remotely resembling humanity and decency.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2018 4:24 PM

He just wants a strong 3rd party contender to split the vote. As if that fucking Jill Stein and Bernie weren’t bad enough. I’m sick of this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2018 4:30 PM

[quote]Biden has too many issues and is too old.

Do you realize how ignorant that sounds when Trump just won? Nobody in history had more "issues" than Donald Trump and he is now the president.

Democrats overthink everything and it's paralyzing us. Republicans don't give a shit and just do what they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2018 4:31 PM

R22 Totally agree. Steve needs to be put under government surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2018 4:44 PM

Joe Biden is a three time loser, who would only lose again. He's far too old. If Democrats nominate him for 2020 we're doomed.

That goes quadruple for Bernie. Of course, he'd never win a Democratic primary, let alone a general election. But he will do his damnedest to serve as a spoiler and help elect more Republicans, because that's what he fucking does.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2018 5:14 PM

[QUOTE]Democrats overthink everything and it's paralyzing us.

Exactly. Quit worrying about his age. How many fossils will be in the voting booth? You think they give a damn about his age?

We only need the guy for eight years. I think Joe will make it.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2018 6:29 PM

he is one of those people about whom i truly believe there is nothing good at all.

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2018 7:27 PM

Avenatti/ Allred 2020

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2018 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2018 8:54 PM

By which I mean Bannon, not Biden.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2018 9:11 PM

Avenatti/ Allred 2020

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2018 2:20 PM

He is hoping that Avenatti enters the race for the Democratic nomination. As much of an attack dog he is against Trump, he will also do that to his Democrat competition. And if he wins the nomination Bannon knows that a strong third-party will appear.

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2018 2:32 PM

Yeah it’s a win/win. All they have to do is get Avenatti in the race. Even if he loses, he’ll go down in flames and bring the party down with him.

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2018 3:15 PM

R34 and he has already said that he will run if Trump is on the ballot

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2018 3:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!