Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biting Gnats, Midges, No See Ums

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2018 5:53 AM

The bugs are fucking terrible this year. It was dry for the last 2-3 weeks here and there were still mosquitoes everywhere, and they seemed aggressive as hell. Now that we've fucked the climate up so much we're not getting the long, deep cold winters and all these damn bugs are migrating here from further south. Sucks. The latest around here...stinkbugs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2018 12:40 AM

Yeah, every autumn I find a stink bug in the shower. Lady bugs dry up on my windowsills. The first time I was bitten by a lone star tick I looked them up online and was told they are harmless and don’t spread disease.

We never had these little biting gnat fuckers when I was growing up

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2018 12:51 AM

I hate Midges, too!

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2018 1:07 AM

Try Avon Skin So Soft dry skin oil. The original one. I don’t know if the others work but that definitely keeps the flying terrors at bay.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2018 1:09 AM

Here in the Georgia coastal low country we are currently experiencing our second infestation of love bugs this year. We never had them here until they were brought up by the hurricane last year from Florida, and it looks like they're here to stay. I have to pressure wash the entire outside of my house once a week because the bricks are covered with their dead carcasses, always 2 of them joined in coital embrace, doggy style at that. The ones still alive are swarming like crazy. They literally fuck themselves to death.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2018 1:15 AM

This is exactly what they look like. They lock up like two horny dogs and fly around like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2018 1:17 AM

I was bitten to death by no seeums in Florida last summer. We rented a condo on the ocean and they were able to fly up to the 3rd floor balcony and bite the shit out of me. DDT does NOT protect you from them. And the bites itch like motherfuckers for over a week.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2018 1:27 AM

No see ums. Little buggering bastards!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2018 1:32 AM

It due to the excessive rain that fell in the last few months. Especially where there is a lot of grass or moist foliage.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2018 1:33 AM

I was trying to use a thread to tie a monarch chrysalis to a leaf because it had fallen to the ground. I was trying not to jiggle the chrysalis too much and having difficulty tying the thread when three of these fuckers landed on me. Argh! I was in the middle of making a knot and had to gingerly tie the damn knot while getting bitten.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2018 1:42 AM

There is a gay resort in middle Georgia, but it's below the gnat line.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2018 1:58 AM

I've read about populations of mosquitoes being eliminated by scientists introducing genetically altered sterile mosquitoes into the population. It sounds like a godsend, but is there any ecological downside to this? Is there an unknown downside to removing mosquitoes from existence?

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2018 5:33 AM

I wondered that too r12. Is there anything that relies on mosquitoes as a food source?

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2018 12:52 PM

re 13 bats?

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2018 1:11 PM

At Iguassu Falls, we were plagued by what seemingly were flying fire ants. Looked like mosquitoes but left a pustule like a fire ant.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2018 1:15 PM

R15

Those were fire ants. The males fly I think.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2018 3:55 PM

I fucking, fucking hate them. I’ve got 10 more bites today.

I have a covered front porch and in the past week I’ve become horrified by the mold/mildew on my house shingles. They seemed fine until a few days ago. We’ve had drenching rains and withering humidity on and off for 2 weeks and the weathers like spinach to these gnats

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2018 3:07 AM

Where in Creation do you people live, having to put up with all of this vermin I've never seen in my life? Are you all swamp-dwellers or something?

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2018 3:16 AM

The Hamptons

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2018 3:53 AM

OMG R6, a true flying fuck.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2018 5:13 AM

I read that Queen Victoria didn't approve of smoking, but did occasionally indulge at times as a way of repelling midges.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2018 5:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!