Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Walking Dead Season 9

Premieres Sunday October 9 on AMC, and it actually looks good now that Gimple is gone.

Daryl and Maggie turn on Rick.

Carol and Ezekiel hook up.

Tons of new people.

Rick dies.

And if I'm not mistaken... the zombies start to talk. Watch the very end of the trailer, and I think that the show is going to pay homage to George Romero, with thinking and talking zombies. That should be VERY interesting.

Looks like Walking Dead is going BALLS TO THE WALL for season 9. Could be epic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 25, 2019 7:56 AM

It actually premieres on Sunday, October 7.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2018 9:17 AM

Will Carol come out this season?

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2018 9:20 AM

The talking zombie thing is the worst idea I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2018 9:20 AM

They are not talking zombies. They are a new group of enemies disguised as zombies dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2018 9:27 AM

It's totally ridiculous R3, especially given the "canon" that was established in season one by Jenner at the CDC. He said that the victims are still dead, and that the virus stimulates only the body functions of needing to feed, but not the brain activity or the "who we were" part of our humanity.

It flat out established what the zombies could and could not do, which is why Kirkman said that he regretted having the group go to the CDC in season one.

However, I think that they are just throwing all of that out the window, especially given that #1) ratings are down, and #2) Rick is leaving. They needed SOMETHING to give the show new life.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2018 9:29 AM

Did you watch the trailer, DUMBASS at R4?

Did you ever see George Romero's "Land of the Dead?"

Perhaps you should do your research before engaging in name calling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2018 9:30 AM

R6 LOL stop embarrassing yourself. There are no 'talking zombies' in TWD. They are called 'the whisperers' who are humans disguised as zombies. I have no idea why you feel the need to refer to another film. Again. DUMBASS.

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2018 9:38 AM

Then you should have said that in the first place, ASSHOLE R4/R7. Not everybody reads the comics or works for AMC.

[quote] The Whisperers are a mysterious group of survivors who disguise themselves with roamer skin to blend in with them and not get noticed.

[quote] Pre-Apocalypse: Nothing is known about the Whisperers before or as the outbreak began, except that most of them may have lived in or near Washington, D.C..

[quote] Post-Apocalypse:The Whisperers are first seen following Marco and Ken. Later, Marco tells his fellow survivors that the undead are whispering to him, and his cohorts do not take him seriously. Later, after a search party is sent to look for Ken, Whisperers ambush Dante and two more men of the search party. They brutally stab the two men to death and keep Dante hostage.

"You came into our land. Killed our kind. Now we explore your land, learn about your people. You will see many of us. You will know us. You will fear us." —Alpha, the leader of the Whisperers

There. Now was that so hard, you condescending PRICK?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2018 9:48 AM

First five minutes of the new season is REVEALED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2018 5:04 AM

Rick is looking hot as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2018 5:07 AM

Is Aaron hitting on Hay Soos at the 3 minute mark at R9?

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2018 5:13 AM

Walking Dead marathon starts on Tuesday October 2.

Every episode in order, starting with Season 1, on AMC. (The best season)

Check your local listings.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2018 5:35 AM

So what happened last season, I totally stopped watching because it was boring as fuck. Did they kill that guy?

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2018 6:12 AM

Negan is in prison.

Maggie and Daryl are pissed at Rick because he didn't kill Negan. So they are at odds, coming into season 9. They're also mad at Michonne, because she helped Rick save Negan.

Carl died.

The one thing we know for sure in season 9, is that Rick will die.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote] Negan is in prison. Maggie and Daryl are pissed at Rick because he didn't kill Negan.

Shocker.

Soooo glad I stopped watching this shitshow two years ago. Guys, do the same, you won't regret it, honest!

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2018 6:28 AM

r14? Prison? say what? Did civilization start up again, who guarding the prison? Makes perfect sense that the guy who bashed peoples heads in gets prison time in the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2018 6:29 AM

[quote] Soooo glad I stopped watching this shitshow two years ago. Guys, do the same, you won't regret it, honest!

I think this season will be different. I could tell from the previews, there's a different vibe.

Scott Gimple was fired as showrunner, and there is a new one this season.

The colors are different, the scenery is different, and the writing should be better.

Gimple is fucking up Fear the Walking Dead, but thankfully he's not on this show anymore.

I'm going to give it one more shot and see how the new show runner does. Plus it's Andrew Lincoln's final season, so I'll watch just for sentimental reasons.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2018 6:33 AM

R16, I'm guessing Negan is being held in that stupid prison cell that Morgan was building in Alexandria? Like that didn't foreshadow "Negan behind bars" from the first fucking split second I saw it!

R17, I agree that Scott Pimple is the one who ruined the show, though it was already stupid and boring before that. But he just went too far with the ridiculousness, like Glenn's death fakeout and the entire episode where the gang is herded into their confrontation with Negan. Not to mention the only reason there needed to be a confrontation was because they fucked up in the first place by immediately killing his men instead of, like, grabbing a brain and thinking about possible consequences. And those fucking Garbage People literally infuriated me, I fucking hated that fugly cunt leader and her ridiculous way of speaking.

So yeah, but no, I've made up my mind and will never ever come back to this shitshow. I watch tv to be entertained, not infuriated.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2018 6:41 AM

R18, I'll keep you posted on this thread.

I really have a feeling that it won't be as ridiculous as it has been for the past four or five seasons that Pimple ran the show.

The execs know that fans have been tuning out in droves, so they also know that they need to change the direction of everything that's been going on for the past five years.

I truly believe that it's going to be different this season.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2018 7:06 AM

After viewing the trailer, I think someone has been watching too many episodes of Little House On The Prairie.

Little Carrie sure has grown.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2018 9:35 AM

Who's Carrie?

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2018 9:42 AM

Carrie was the youngest seldom seen daughter on "Little House On The Prairie".

Carrie = Judith.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2018 9:59 AM

I stopped watching after season 2. The show had major plot holes and the zombies weren't even a real threat. They were slow as fuck and when they were destroyed, it looked like they were made out of paper mache.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2018 10:10 AM

You mean this shit show is still on?

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2018 10:49 AM

Why does Maggie's hair grow longer, but Carole's doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 25October 2, 2018 10:50 AM

And so is SNL, r24. Time to get a new meme.

by Anonymousreply 26October 2, 2018 10:55 AM

Why would they put Carol together with King Ezekiel?

They had 8 seasons to hook up Carol and Daryl, which makes a hell of a lot more sense.

C & D would have been perfect together.

Carol doesn't strike me as the type to go for guys with dreadlocks.

by Anonymousreply 27October 2, 2018 5:48 PM

Do you think that Maggie or Daryl will end up killing Rick?

I do.

by Anonymousreply 28October 2, 2018 5:49 PM

Carol is a lesbian. Why would she go with a man?

by Anonymousreply 29October 2, 2018 6:07 PM

R27 I wonder if the two actors really get along behind the scenes.

Whenever there is a group of TWD actors together she seems distant to him & prefers the company of others while trying to be "diplomatic".

The blind items about him imply that he is a drunk jerk who will have sex anywhere with a woman (not always the one he is committed to).

I wonder if she is repulsed by his behavior or had rejected him early on. She might have been on good terms with several of his exes.

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2018 10:11 PM

Are you talking about Norman Reedus / Daryl, R30?

Or Khary Payton who plays Ezekiel?

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2018 3:13 AM

I'll admit, I liked the idea of Carol and Daryl together, but it was also kinda creepy cuz she was more like his therapist or mom than a gf.

But Daryl and Beth would've made total sense, until the dumb bitch went for the wrong cop.

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2018 6:11 AM

[quote] Daryl and Beth would've made total sense, until the dumb bitch went for the wrong cop

You mean Dawn? Rofl.

I still love that character, especially because she loved slapping people in the face.

Beth got smacked twice, and I fucking loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2018 6:24 AM

I love this cast interview where Andrew Lincoln says the following:

"It feels like the show I fell in love with nine years ago, and it feels like we're making that again."

Damn, if that's not a dig at Scott Gimple, then I don't know what is. I guess that even the cast hated him and his direction for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2018 4:03 AM

Avi Nash (Siddiq) is super cute. Hope he sticks around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 5, 2018 4:09 AM

Avi Nash. HAWT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2018 6:28 AM

R36 hell to the nah nah nah

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2018 2:22 PM

R36 gross

by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2018 2:22 PM

Was Rick killed off in the comic ?

Obviously, it is a zombie apocalypse show ..... but for me, killing off the lead character I've been rooting for for eight years just jumps the shark. The loss of Rick will create a big gaping hole.

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2018 3:04 PM

I agree, R39.

The entire Grimes family will be gone from the show, except for Judith who we know nothing about.

It's funny because Rick and Carl are still alive in the comic book. However, since stupid Gimple ruined the show by firing Chandler Riggs, and making the storyline stupid and boring as possible, that's why Andrew Lincoln is leaving as well.

I think that Lincoln would have left anyway, having done the show for nine years, but I have no doubt that Scott Gimple and the terrible direction he took the show in, had a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 5, 2018 4:33 PM

I thought Chandler quit, to go to college?

by Anonymousreply 41October 5, 2018 4:39 PM

An insider here on an old thread, mentioned that they decided to fire Chandler before he turned 18, because they would have to had paid him much more money, according to SAG rules.

If you look it up, he was blindsided by his firing, because he had just bought a house in Georgia (thinking that he would be there a while), and his father was extremely pissed. He said some not so nice stuff about Gimple and AMC.

I have a feeling that a lot of these things contributed to AMC putting Gimple off the show.

by Anonymousreply 42October 5, 2018 4:45 PM

The show really jumped the shark with the "garbage people."

Their ridiculous outfits and the even more ridiculous way that they spoke, was just too stupid for words.

It was embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2018 4:46 PM

Is anyone watching the Walking Dead marathon?

I forgot just how much I hate Negan.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2018 7:01 PM

Almost every character on this show has had sex except Darryl - 9 years he has been a monk

Maybe he is asexual?

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2018 7:04 PM

I think that the closest Daryl ever came to having sex, was with Beth in the cabin during season 5.

They were all alone together in a mountain cabin, and totally drunk off of moon shine. There was the slightest hint that Daryl wanted to have sex with her, when he said "lets go inside," or something like that. However, Beth said that she wanted to burn down the cabin instead, and that was that.

I don't know if there was some allusion to Daryl and Merle being molested by their drunken father, but it also seems likely. That's why they were both so fucked up at the beginning of the series.

So Daryl could indeed by asexual, perhaps because he was molested when he was younger.

Personally, I always thought that Aaron had the hots for him, and vice-versa. Too bad they didn't explore that angle. Aaron never really seemed that much into Eric. It was all about Daryl.

Later versions of Daryl are kind of gross to me, but season one Daryl was HOT AS FUCK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2018 7:10 PM

The evolution of Daryl's hair, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2018 7:11 PM

The Rick & Michonne romance is totally unbelievable - it would make more sense, and drive up the ratings, if t hey paired Carol up with Michonne. That is a more realistic pairing.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2018 7:16 PM

I agree.

Rick and Jessie were the perfect couple. I never cared much for Lori, because she was such a bitch.

But Jessie was totally Rick's type. Sweet and feminine, with big tits. They had chemistry the instant I saw them together on screen. Like, he literally wanted to bang her when she started cutting his hair!

I never bought the Rick and Michonne romance, because she's just too masculine for him. Rick is such an alpha man, that his type of woman would be very feminine.

Killing off Jessie was a big mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2018 7:20 PM

Here's (hopefully) a larger Rick/Jessie photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2018 7:21 PM

It's all about the body language...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2018 7:22 PM

Wow, there are some VERY observant people on the internet.

This was posted on youtube, and it seems to be a plausible theory as to how and who kills Rick.

Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled. It's not for certain, but the person who made the video seems to be on point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2018 7:54 PM

about now

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2018 12:59 AM

So they are going pair Jesus and Aaron as a couple?

by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2018 1:05 AM

i would love to see that, r54!

although daryl and paul rovia would be much hotter

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote] i would love to see that

Well that seems to be where things are going with Aaron & Jesus - hopefully they will show some skin

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2018 2:06 AM

Tonight's TWD is so boring hardly anyone is commenting on this thread...

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2018 2:10 AM

i didn't watch it yet. was it really that boring?

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote] i didn't watch it yet. was it really that boring?

Dancing with the Stars Junior is much more exciting than TWD tonight

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2018 2:15 AM

They surely cast an Amerasian kid for Maggie. How very appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2018 2:21 AM

They have added Brett Butler to the cast as a recovering alcoholic and drug user

Why would they cast her in a part like that?

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2018 2:28 AM

[quote] They surely cast an Amerasian kid for Maggie. How very appropriate.

Probably because the showrunner is now an azn.

Personally, I would have preferred Denise Huth as showrunner. She has been on Talking Dead quite a few times, and she seems very cool.

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2018 2:34 AM

Why wouldn't Herschel be Amerasian?

And why would you name a baby Herschel?

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2018 2:39 AM

Because it was her father's name. Dumb name, but at least there's a reason

So glad they killed Gregory. He needed to go almost as much as Negan.

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2018 2:52 AM

Actually R64, Xander Berkeley's character was one of the best things about the show.

His acting brought some much needed levity to Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2018 2:55 AM

I thought it was a good show with some mercifully interesting plot lines. Yes, an actual fucking plot finally.

by Anonymousreply 66October 8, 2018 2:56 AM

Daryl is actually using full sentences this year. Look at that!

Once Rick is dead and Daryl takes his place they might throw him a love interest. Next season at the earliest. Won't be Carol. The time for that was season three at the prison. At least Ezekial treats her well.

I like Rick and Michonne together. Who gives a shit if she's not as feminine as other women on the show. She was a badass and their relationship makes total sense. I bet we'll see less of her once Rick is gone, as well.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2018 2:57 AM

Eugene is rocking the full ponytail. Looks much better than the mullet

That big guy at the Sanctuary is going to be a problem for sure. He's obviously still loyal to Negan.

It's been a year and a half since Eric died- that should be plenty of time for Aaron to be ready to hook up with Jesus. That needs to happen.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2018 3:01 AM

They actually threw in some walking dead this episode. That'll probably be good for three or four episodes.

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2018 3:01 AM

Again why would they cast Brett Butler as the resident Drunk of the Hilltop?

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2018 3:01 AM

[QUOTE]She was a badass and their relationship makes total sense. I bet we'll see less of her once Rick is gone, as well.

Or maybe Daryl will just slide right into Michonne. I bet he can hit that better than Rick ever did.

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2018 3:02 AM

They are all in an awfully good mood for losing an important member of the cast yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2018 3:02 AM

Carol is looking awfully mannish with that hair cut. She isn't fooling me at all.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote] She isn't fooling me at all.

Obvious she is struggling with her sexuality, as she is leading on Ezekiel. Using him as beard while she is in denial

by Anonymousreply 74October 8, 2018 3:13 AM

Are the zombies colored? What part of town do they live in?

by Anonymousreply 75October 8, 2018 3:13 AM

I'll miss Rick. I'm not looking foward to seeing him die- he's a good guy.

Do you think they killed off Carl because Andrew Lincoln wanted to leave and they didn't want to have Carl without Rick? Or did Lincoln decide to leave after they killed Carl?

I think its the first one. Lincoln's probably been wanting to leave for a couple years and move back to England.

by Anonymousreply 76October 8, 2018 3:14 AM

Corral is alive in the comics. I bet Corral is mad as a wet wasp now that Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 77October 8, 2018 3:17 AM

Carol is actually wearing makeup this season! She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 78October 8, 2018 3:25 AM

The Talking Dead had to be pre-taped to not mention Scott Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 79October 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Seriously??? It's fucking god knows how hot in that shit hole and they are wearing leather jackets?

by Anonymousreply 80October 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Just saw that guy on talking dead, man, he looks like shit! he didn't even comb his hair!

by Anonymousreply 81October 8, 2018 3:31 AM

Jeffrey dean Morgan looks pretty hot on Talking Dead. He looks skinny and sickly as Negan.

by Anonymousreply 82October 8, 2018 3:31 AM

Jesus is gay in the comics, right?

by Anonymousreply 83October 8, 2018 3:33 AM

New opening credits, eh? Not sure I like it. Too much animation.

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2018 3:36 AM

What about Scott Wilson, R79?

by Anonymousreply 85October 8, 2018 3:37 AM

R76 Word is they killed off Carl because they were sick of the actor's parents being pains in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 86October 8, 2018 3:38 AM

He’s dead, R85.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2018 3:39 AM

You just know the entire time Carol was kissing the king she was actually thinking about Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 88October 8, 2018 3:56 AM

Oh man, I'm bummed that Scott Wilson died. I had no idea.

So why would the survivors want Rick dead, before Negan? It makes no sense if people are gunning for Rick, but not Negan.

So dumb.

by Anonymousreply 89October 8, 2018 4:07 AM

Is Melissa mcbride a lesbian in real life? She's pretty for an older lady.

by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2018 4:16 AM

Maggie and that cute young Savior make a good looking couple.

Everybody seems to be hooking up this season. Yeah, baby!

by Anonymousreply 91October 8, 2018 4:26 AM

I love the Brett Butler character. She reminds me of Kenny's mom on South Park.

Brett's a comedian, and the irony of her playing a drunk isn't lost on her. But I love the grittiness and the realness of her character.

It's such a nice departure from the ridiculous characters that have appeared in the past, like the "King" and the garbage people with their phony way of speaking.

by Anonymousreply 92October 8, 2018 4:41 AM

I started rewatching the show from season one, I’m currently on season 3. Here are my thoughts:

I forgot how much I hated Lori

I wish Shane was never killed off

I only got through half of season three when I stopped watching the first time. I just couldn’t get past the plot holes in the storyline and the walkers didn’t seem threatening, they were pretty slow and seemed really easy to kill.

Anyway, I’m so bummed they are killing off Rick and I agree a romance between him and Michonne seems forced and unnatural for Rick’s character.

by Anonymousreply 93October 8, 2018 5:09 AM

It's ridiculous that the Saviors are being catered to like a bunch of helpless invalids. Let brainiac Eugene mastermind some plans that help them work together to farm some land, grow some crops, so that they can sustain themselves instead of sitting in that warehouse waiting for Rick to bring them supplies. Rick should have advised them that he'd help them for X time, then they'd have to make a new plan - stay together, split up, find new outposts.

by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2018 3:04 PM

I was bored. Killing Gregory was stupid, he was an interesting character and a good villain. And as some one said, a good actor. Ezekiel and Carol make less sense than Rick and Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote] Killing Gregory was stupid

They followed the same storyline that was laid out in the comic books.

by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2018 5:33 PM

So what? If they followed the same storyline in the comics Carl would be alive and Rick wouldn't be about to die. And Daryl wouldn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2018 7:24 PM

When did Maggie become such an evil bitch?

I have a feeling that Ezekiel is not going to last much longer. Anyone who gets close to Carol, ends up dead. Except for Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2018 11:16 PM

I see the show is still cheap as fuck. still just filming around the fucking woods and shit. It's the same old shit every season. ZZZZZZZzzz

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote] still just filming around the fucking woods and shit.

The production company bought a plot of land, and just film the same woods scenes over and over and over again It saves a ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote] It saves a ton of money

Well perhaps they should reconsider this strategy, seeing as how the ratings are in the toilet.

But hey, they have to pay those FIVE or SIX Executive Producers on the show, somehow. Right?

Funny how they spare no expense paying Gimple, Tom Luse, Greg Nicotero, Gale Ann Hurd, and that other lady.

Do they REALLY need that many EP's?

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2018 11:23 PM

Maggie served up some wild west justice. They should have killed that asshole last season.

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2018 11:24 PM

[R49] Lincoln likes blondies. His wife is blonde as well , very look alke , i suppose

by Anonymousreply 103October 8, 2018 11:35 PM

R101 I was surprised when I saw how many EPs this show has. Is that normal?

by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2018 11:36 PM

Did they ever resolve the lady who plays Maggie's salary dispute situation? She's back, so obviously something was settled. Is she here long term?

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2018 1:12 AM

She's still leaving R105 but they said that her story isn't done so it seems like they'll leave the window open for her to return.

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2018 1:14 AM

R106 my guess is that Maggie goes on a power trip, and at the end she gets exiled.

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2018 1:15 AM

Ezekiel's definitely a goner.

So far, the people who have been killed while in Carol's proximity:

Season 1 - her husband, Season 2 - Sophia, Season 3 - TDawg, Season 4 - the two people she killed at the prison, Season 5 - Beth, Season 6 - Too many Alexandrians to count, Season 7 - Sam and his whole family, Season 8 - The Tiger, Season 9 - Ezekiel.

Carol really should live alone.

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2018 1:18 AM

R108 you forgot about the two little girls that Carol was mothering in season 5

by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2018 1:21 AM

Lol that's right, R109.

Mika and Lizzie.

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2018 1:24 AM

Carol story-line in season 7 was about her being a killing machine. She killing people at the drop of a hat, going left right & center. Inside, outside and around. No matter if she was using a gun or a knife, she offed people like she was doing a manicure.

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2018 1:28 AM

Yes, I can see Ezekiel’s death coming a mile away, now that he and Carol are in a relationship. His close demise last night was foreboding.

by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2018 1:30 AM

I was thrilled as fuck to see that Maggie went through with hanging that conniving Republican POS Gregory. He has deserved to swing for several seasons now.

Daryl looked terrible though. Worse than usual.

by Anonymousreply 113October 9, 2018 3:30 AM

Daryl (Norman Reedus) is going to be 50 next year, and he smokes heavily.

Interestingly, he was in his early 40's when he started the show, but looked much younger than that.

by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2018 3:47 AM

I used to LOVE this show and I find it so boring now. It does feels very Little House on the Prairie. Only thrill was seeing Brett Butler doing a very good job with her role.

by Anonymousreply 115October 9, 2018 3:54 AM

Daryl's magical crossbow with its unlimited arrows pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 116October 9, 2018 4:09 AM

Will Maggie and Daryl hook up? Maggie hasn't gotten dick in two years and Daryl hasn't had sex ever.

by Anonymousreply 117October 9, 2018 4:13 AM

This show is still on? People actually watch it?

by Anonymousreply 118October 9, 2018 4:23 AM

[quote] Maggie hasn't gotten dick in two years

She could have had it. That very cute Savior "Alden" is crushing hard on her, and he obviously wants to hook up.

He's also a really great singer. When he sang at the dead kid's funeral, it was so beautiful.

The actor Callan McAuliffe is a bit young for her, though. He's only 23.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 9, 2018 4:44 AM

I tuned out pretty much all of last season as i couldn't take any more Negan and the relentless sense of hopelessness (I did tune back in for Carl's death, which seemed short sighted in regards to story). But I watched the season premiere and I'm back in for a while. I liked the stories and would be just fine never seeing Negan again (although I know he comes back next episode - or at least, soon).

by Anonymousreply 120October 9, 2018 5:02 AM

What do executive producers actually do? I thought that producers deal with funding and hire and fire and dictate to the writers snd directors. What does that leave for executive producers?

On another note, I do like the Ezekial character. His backstory where he was a zookeeper who did community theater and that's how he got to be a king with a tiger amuses me. The actor who plays him is uninteresting when on the Talking Dead which indicates to me that he's doing a good job with the role.

I miss the cgi Tiger, as improbable as she was. I wonder if cgi has reduced the need for those professional wildlike handlers and their trained animals. Maybe that's gone the way of hand drawn cel animation where they need a few of the genuine article as models for the computers.

by Anonymousreply 121October 9, 2018 2:48 PM

I wonder if they will do on TWD what they did on FTWD and get rid of most of the original cast for a reboot around a different headliner. I've been posting for a while that I read an article several years ago that said JDM had a long term contract, Lincoln wanted to leave, and everything was moving toward Negan mending his ways and being the leader. It looks like that is what us happening, although I don't think they expected the hate for Negan's character and JDM's portrayal of him. Daryl and Carol might be the only originals left when they are finished because I don't think they can kill them off with the way people feel about Negan. I don't expect Michonne to stay on the show or Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 122October 9, 2018 4:03 PM

I loved surly badass Michonne when she was first introduced. Now that she's loving sweet girlfriend Michonne I don't particularly care about her fate.

I thought she was doomed by hooking up with the lead. His romances tend to end with extreme prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2018 4:10 PM

There was a very noticeable difference in the show on Sunday. Yeah, new intro, 1.5 years time jump, etc. but at least it had shit happening. The show was so fucking boring the past few seasons. I hope it continues to pace through some story/action vs. those miserable, character centric episodes that made me want to rip my eyeballs out. I liked the first episode of this new season. Never thought I'd say that, especially on the verge of giving up on it.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2018 4:35 PM

How can Negan become the leader? Everyone but Rick and Michonne want him dead. I didn't even recognize Jadis, she cleans up good. Whoever did her makeover needs to get a hold of Daryl, he's rough.

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2018 4:50 PM

I'm glad they're letting Rick go while he still has his gorgeous looks. Can't wait to see what he does next. He'll be sexy do it, that much is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2018 4:50 PM

I just don't see how this show can go forward without Rick.

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2018 4:53 PM

I know, his eye-candy was often the only reason I watched.

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2018 4:54 PM

Absolutely, nothing to look at after he leaves. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2018 5:02 PM

Norman Reedus looks awful. Although he did manage to burp up more than a word or two in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2018 5:09 PM

Daryl probably spoke more in this premier than he did all last season. I laughed when Chris Hardwick on Talking Dead said Daryl talked in 'grunts and snarls' the last couple of years because it's true.

I also don't get how Negan will be the leader. Except for a few in the Sanctuary, who would follow him? Maybe he does something heroic to try and save Rick and that changes people's opinions of him. But I wouldn't be unhappy if someone offed the fucker.

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2018 6:10 PM

Who the fucks makes a floor out of glass so fragile it can’t handle the weight of a plow?

The Gregory plot was so mechanical and obvious.

Not promising. They better bring some major fresh blood. The show can’t survive losing Corral, Rick and Maggie. Daryl isn’t strong enough to be a lead.

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2018 6:27 PM

So the show jumped ahead a year and a half ? Shouldn't most of the dead have completely decomposed by now ?

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2018 6:31 PM

Is that Norman's real hair?

by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2018 7:51 PM

[quote] Who the fucks makes a floor out of glass so fragile it can’t handle the weight of a plow?

That is the actual Museum in Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 135October 9, 2018 7:52 PM

Daryl’s hair has no part. It’s like an old fashioned toupee. The fuck? And why is he never shirtless anymore? I will miss Rick. I already miss his shaggy sweaty hair.

by Anonymousreply 136October 9, 2018 10:39 PM

Reedus looks terrible. He must be doing some serious drugs or drink.

by Anonymousreply 137October 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Any word how Rick gets it? A noble death fit fir a hero or jut bit and buh bye?

by Anonymousreply 138October 9, 2018 10:50 PM

The premiere was the lowest rated in the series’ history. ☹️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 9, 2018 11:36 PM

The garbage leader women now has a perm and is talkative

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2018 2:30 AM

I'm sick of zombies, a new horror hit needs to put the final nail in WD's coffin. It had its run, time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2018 2:37 AM

Some people think Daryl will kill Rick, I'm not buying that, no way.

by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2018 3:49 PM

I don’t get who the show’s lead will be when Rick goes. Negan is the closest to a lead character, but he’s too unlikeable at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2018 10:45 PM

The garbage lady isn't "Jadis" anymore.

At the end of last season, she told Morgan to call her "Anne." Thankfully, she lost the stupid garbage-speak. It was ridiculous.

The actress is Pollyanna McIntosh, and she's really cool.

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2018 11:13 PM

She is Grant Show’s ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2018 11:16 PM

Really R135. I thought it was the Georgia State House. In any case, glass floors are built to take a lot of weight, especially those at the base of a staircase in a public building. They are not window-pane thick. I don’t care how much the king has been stuffing his pie-hope, he could jump on it without breaking it.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2018 11:16 PM

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT-

The theory doing the rounds is that Daryl stabs Rick, Rick gets bitten by a Walker, Maggie puts him out of his misery and Michonne kills Maggie for being in on it with Daryl. There's a video up thread that looks pretty convincing but wouldn't be surprised if it's a red herring by the writers/producers.

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2018 11:23 PM

I'm not buying the Carol/Ezekiel romance. Carol kissed him like she was being held at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 148October 11, 2018 4:32 AM

147 I saw that video. It did look convincing. The hate for Daryl and Michonne would be off the charts, if this happened.

by Anonymousreply 149October 11, 2018 3:25 PM

[quote] I see the show is still cheap as fuck. still just filming around the fucking woods and shit. It's the same old shit every season

And yet you keep watching it. That’s why they don’t put more money into the show. Because people will watch the same old shit over & over for 9 years. If you ask me, they’re pretty smart not to invest any money into it.

by Anonymousreply 150October 11, 2018 4:18 PM

R148 he's definitely more into her than she is into him. So obvious. It wouldn't surprise me if she stayed at the Sanctuary for a while just to get away from Ezekiel for a bit. And his marriage proposal.

by Anonymousreply 151October 11, 2018 5:26 PM

R147 that'd be a shitty way to treat the long time characters. Have Daryl and Maggie kill Rick? After all theyve been through? C'mon, they can do better than that.

And r149 for sure everyone would hate Daryl and Michonne. And if Daryl is supposed to be taking over the lead role, I can't imagine the show runners would want him coming in with ricks death on his hands and all that ire from the fans. We already have Negan to hate.

I hope this isn't true. Maybe the Whispers get Rick and Daryl does the mercy killing. That I can believe.

by Anonymousreply 152October 11, 2018 5:29 PM

I think that they're trying to deflect the hate from Negan, on to other characters.

They are basically forcing Negan down our throats, whether we like it or not.

Even in the promotional ads, they have Negan saying, "You think you're making a new world? You're just getting it ready for ME."

That wouldn't be in the ad, if the producers didn't purposely want it to be there. It's pretty clear that Negan is going to take over the show, whether we like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 153October 11, 2018 5:33 PM

The premiere numbers are bad since everyone knows Rick has only 6 episodes. That doesn't bode well. Even the ratings for FTWD shot up a bit in the episode where Madison died.

by Anonymousreply 154October 11, 2018 7:27 PM

Maggie seems to be on a power trip, so don't be surprised if Hilltop turns on her, and she gets exiled (as a way to write her out)

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2018 7:29 PM

Norman Reedus cannot carry this show.

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2018 7:52 PM

Agree, Reedus doesn't have the acting chops. No matter what they stated publicly it will be Megan. That was always the plan.

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2018 8:14 PM

#FuckMegan

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2018 8:54 PM

Why can't Maggie or Daryl just go to Alexandria and kill Negan?

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2018 11:21 PM

Agree, who's going to stop them. Just go down in that dudgeon, walk up to his cell and shot him in the head.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2018 3:43 PM

Daryl and Aaron discuss fatherhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2018 10:42 PM

Norman Reedus was a Gap model in 2002!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 14, 2018 11:08 PM

His son is also a model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 14, 2018 11:10 PM

Norman also modeled for Gap in 1993.

Here he is with our short-lived retro Bell Bottoms in 1993.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 14, 2018 11:12 PM

Even when hes clean he looks dirty, like in r162

by Anonymousreply 165October 15, 2018 1:20 AM

His kid looks like a perfect mix between his mother, Helena Christensen, and a young Rutger Hauer.

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2018 1:35 AM

If Aaron and Jesus hook-up, who will bring up if condoms should be used? PrEP is non-existent at the moment

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2018 1:39 AM

All the condoms would be too degraded to use.

by Anonymousreply 168October 15, 2018 1:40 AM

Don't you fucking squish Aaron you sob's!

Oh great, now he's losing an arm.

Couldn't they leave the hot gay alone?

by Anonymousreply 169October 15, 2018 1:42 AM

If they have to kill a gay it should be Tara.

by Anonymousreply 170October 15, 2018 1:44 AM

Aaron was bit and they are chopping off his arm!?

by Anonymousreply 171October 15, 2018 1:44 AM

Theres a lot of swearing in this episode. I counted at least two 'shits' and an 'asshole'. Groovy.

Daryl should just kill that guy. And was it me or was Anne/Janis putting the moves on father Gabriel? Think he'll go for it?

by Anonymousreply 172October 15, 2018 1:46 AM

R171 I don't think Aaron was bit, his arm was crushed by the log and the bone snapped maybe and was bleeding out? I think something like that.

Maybe he'll get some tlc from Jesus now.

by Anonymousreply 173October 15, 2018 1:48 AM

Aaron is a top. I bet Jesus is versatile.

by Anonymousreply 174October 15, 2018 1:51 AM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 175October 15, 2018 1:53 AM

Damn Anne is just going right for the dick! Good for her.

I didn't know episcopalian priests can have sex. I learned something new today.

by Anonymousreply 176October 15, 2018 2:00 AM

Was that a shooting star or a plane that Ann saw?

by Anonymousreply 177October 15, 2018 2:11 AM

Maybe it was the helicopter

by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2018 2:18 AM

I don't get ricks reasons for keeping Negan alive. He says hell never let him out of the cell,so what's the point? Why not just kill him? He wants to keep telling him how awesome everyone is doing on the outside? That doesn't sound like a good idea...

And who cleans Negan's shit bucket? Or is there a toilet in the cell?

by Anonymousreply 179October 15, 2018 2:20 AM

Tom Payne has gorgeous hair but he kind of has a squished face like Gizmo or a furby.

by Anonymousreply 180October 15, 2018 2:36 AM

So who was in the woods, the kid?

by Anonymousreply 181October 15, 2018 2:40 AM

So did i miss it, The Talking Dead never even mentioned Scott Wilson passing last week?

by Anonymousreply 182October 15, 2018 2:41 AM

[quote] Tom Payne has gorgeous hair

Absolutely. He's one of those beautiful men with feminine features.

I'll bet that he could turn many a straight guy. Or at least make them feel funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 15, 2018 2:47 AM

Hey, I just noticed that the sex addict with the big dick from "Shameless" (Zach McGowan) is one of the Saviors.

He appeared in the premiere episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 15, 2018 2:49 AM

He was also in Black Sails.

by Anonymousreply 185October 15, 2018 2:51 AM

R182 they just did a little tribute to Scott.

by Anonymousreply 186October 15, 2018 2:59 AM

R181 I think it was the ex Saviour who likes Maggie. I can't think of his name at the moment, but he sang at the funeral at hilltop last week. Young, cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 187October 15, 2018 3:01 AM

They did the tribute this week, I mean. You're right there was nothing last week.

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2018 3:02 AM

Do we see the dick in shameless r184?

by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2018 3:03 AM

It's in the Shameless thread, R189.

I've linked it for you because it's too damned long to scroll through, so you can try to find it. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2018 3:05 AM

Tom looks very pretty with long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2018 3:34 AM

R190 just googled him. Good dick. Incredible ass!

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2018 3:46 AM

So far, Brett Butler is the best thing about season nine for me.

She has really upped the ante as far as the acting goes on this show. Her portrayal of the character is so gritty and raw, and I love how she doesn't try to pretty herself up like dumbass useless Rosita does.

Brett just goes without makeup, and lets it all fly. I'm so happy she joined the cast. It's a very pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2018 4:25 AM

r170 has Tara been shown? What about Rosita?

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2018 6:58 AM

WTF? That was a helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2018 7:51 AM

The fact that "Father Gabriel" is Episcopalian means that he can marry, but it DOES NOT mean that he can have sex before marriage.

He's not married to Anne/Jadis, so he's already breaking his vows. Plus, he's killed tons of people already.

He needs to just give up his "Father" title, and say fuck it. He's still going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2018 9:13 AM

Holy smokes, the zombie apocalypse makes for some strange bedfellows.

by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2018 6:15 PM

R194 rosita was in last night's episode. She blew up some rocks with the short haired Saviour lady. She seriously could just walk into the woods and disappear and no one would give a shit. Pointless character.

by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2018 7:19 PM

Totally agree r193 butler has been great. I loved the scene with Jesus when she wanted to see her husband in the jail and she was like 'i'll wait. I have nowhere else to be'. I felt for her. I also appreciate the no makeup 'natural' look

by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2018 7:24 PM

Maggie has a rice fetish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 15, 2018 8:43 PM

[quote]Tom looks very pretty with long hair.

Honestly looks even better up close and in person.

by Anonymousreply 201October 15, 2018 10:08 PM

I wish someone would give Father Gabriel an eye patch. That eyeball is freakin me out. Carl had one, he's not using it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 202October 15, 2018 11:06 PM

They need a third wheel to throw a wrench in the upcoming Aaron/Jesus relationship

by Anonymousreply 203October 15, 2018 11:10 PM

Three interracial relationships? Overkill much AMC?

by Anonymousreply 204October 15, 2018 11:25 PM

The Aaron/Jesus storyline in the comic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 15, 2018 11:30 PM

[quote] Three interracial relationships? Overkill much AMC?

This is the end of the world, there are only so many couplings they can do, Not many options to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 206October 15, 2018 11:32 PM

Daryl Dixon cat is prepared to step up when Rick goes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 16, 2018 1:02 AM

Anyone notice Carol eyeing those two lesbians at the start of the episode? It appears she was almost licking her lips.

by Anonymousreply 208October 16, 2018 3:45 AM

[quote] I wish someone would give Father Gabriel an eye patch. That eyeball is freakin me out. Carl had one, he's not using it anymore.

The Governor had the original eye patch, then Coral.

Having Father Gabriel wear one, would be redundant.

by Anonymousreply 209October 16, 2018 9:03 AM

Welp, I guess we’re back to the show being a snooze fest. People at each other’s necks over nothing. Rinse, repeat. I think the saviors guy who looked like a Bradley Cooper star is born wanna be was killed by a whisperer wearing a saviors skin mask.

by Anonymousreply 210October 16, 2018 12:36 PM

R207 That wig looks better on the cat.

by Anonymousreply 211October 16, 2018 3:40 PM

I really want to see Shane return. It should be interesting how they incorporate him back into the show.

by Anonymousreply 212October 16, 2018 5:44 PM

Shane died in season 2. He'll be in a flashback I assume when Rick dies.

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2018 5:51 PM

Spoilers for episode 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2018 6:02 PM

No comment on tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 215October 22, 2018 3:54 AM

Snoozefest. Though I did like Maggie and Daryl letting the oceansiders kill Arat. Gotta be done.

Only 2 Rick episodes left. Aww. From the preview It does look like Daryl has a hand in whatever happens to Rick. But maybe Jadis kidnaps him and trades him. He's gotta be an 'A'

by Anonymousreply 216October 22, 2018 4:00 AM

So far this season is definitely stronger than the last few.

What is Anne/Jadis up to with the "A" & "B" stuff?

by Anonymousreply 217October 22, 2018 4:03 AM

Could A be for alpha/B for beta? Some new group that's focused on repopulating the planet and are picky about who they accept?

by Anonymousreply 218October 22, 2018 4:09 AM

I was thinking alpha beta, too, but aren't two of the upcoming Whisperers named Alpha and Beta? I think I read an article that said that.

They might not want to use the same terms. it is the obvious answer, though.

by Anonymousreply 219October 22, 2018 4:34 AM

Does Aaron have a baby? I just saw a TWD commercial and there was a framed photo of him holding an infant, and then in last weeks ep he was talking to Daryl about changing a baby's diaper. When did that happen? Who is the mother?

by Anonymousreply 220October 22, 2018 5:11 AM

This was a good episode.

The girl who plays Cyndie is a good actress. I actually felt something during her monologue before killing Arat, which is unusual for this show, since the actors aren't usually very convincing.

Her real name is Sydney Park. Is she part Korean?

by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2018 5:17 AM

Rick was raiding a Saviour compound looking for guns. He killed a man who was trying to stop him from looking into one of the rooms. Turned out there was a baby inside who was now orphaned. Thanks Rick! Aaron adopted the baby.

by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2018 5:17 AM

I don't read spoilers but my guess is Rick will die because he defends Negan, maybe this will be what makes Negan repent and change. Michonne will be pregnant with Rick's child which will be a boy.

by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2018 7:31 AM

Are they really going to kill off Rick, I have no idea, but it seemed last night the garbage lady needs a "A" to get out of there and maybe she kidnaps Rick and he is flown away on the helicopter to never to be seen again. Well until the finale when he finally finds his way back to end the show. That's how I'd write it. Do fans really want to see Rick die? I don't, especially if Negan is involved.

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2018 11:34 AM

Yes, Sydney's dad is Korean. She was fun on Talking Dead. Also, I'm a goldstar, but Pollyanna Mcintosh was doing something to me on TD last night.

by Anonymousreply 225October 22, 2018 1:05 PM

Yeah, Pollyanna's a very cool chick. I like her a lot. And she actually looked her age (39) last night on Talking Dead. She looks a lot older on the show.

Rick is dead, dead dead. His final two episodes are coming up.

The writing has gotten much better, but I am still annoyed at all of the forest scenes. They really need to change it up.

by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2018 4:30 PM

R224, I'm hoping for such an exit as well. No need to kill him off with absolute finality. I am hoping for MIA exit, where everyone knows he's still possibly alive, but definitely out of the picture for the foreseeable future. And I have to wonder, wouldn't Negan be an A? She had a pact with him before, so why wouldn't he be her choice to get them both out of there? If they are going to kill off Rick, that would be the time. He intercepts and they fight to the death. Negan wins, escapes and it all out war again. My question is, was Anne talking to the helicopter people? And whatever happened to the LP lady who gave them the plans/manuals?

by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2018 9:07 AM

R227 I agree, Rick doesn't need to die. He just disappears. This leaves an opening for him to return. What about Maggie? She is supposedly leaving to, how will they deal with her and the baby?

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2018 4:07 PM

R228, Damn. Maybe Maggie winds up being the A? She and Daryl are on their way to "see" Negan. We know that isn't going to end with cupcakes and glitter.

by Anonymousreply 229October 25, 2018 1:41 AM

When Rick is killed - I am Done. Rick is what drew me in during the first episode and his character is what kept me watching so far. I am not even motivated to watch knowing he will be killed in a few episodes. Like Shiva, I will read how he died to prepare. Watch the missed episodes until his demise. Then throw in the towel. I am sure many other viewers feel the same...

by Anonymousreply 230October 25, 2018 1:56 AM

“'Walking Dead' Ratings Have Fallen Faster and Harder Than Those of Other Long-Running Hits”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Yup, when Rick is gone Negan will be back and I hate that fucker. I'll watch until ricks gone, then I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 232October 25, 2018 2:25 AM

I don't understand why they spoiled Rick's departure, why didn't they keep it a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 233October 25, 2018 3:21 AM

I think rating sank because after they killed big Red and Glenn the show and seeing Negan win was too depressing, after living in the new Trump world nobody wants to see that shit on tv too.

by Anonymousreply 234October 25, 2018 3:24 AM

The show got boring as fuck after the emergence of Negan. Car chases, gun fights and the same cat and mouse over and over. I keep hoping I'll be excited about the show again like I used to be. But they pretty much spun as much out of this as they can. End it.

by Anonymousreply 235October 25, 2018 4:03 AM

That article at r231 doesn’t offer a reason for the steep ratings decline.

by Anonymousreply 236October 25, 2018 1:31 PM

I liked this episode but the most unbelievable line was the dyke saying that Justin killed her "Husband". As if...

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2018 2:50 PM

Lol R237. That's Bea!!

When she said "they killed my husband," I let out a "Pfffffft!!!!" hahahhaa

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2018 3:00 PM

It was the best laugh that I had all day.

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2018 3:07 PM

R237 That was ridiculous. There are to many characters to keep track of. The show was so much better when it was just the small original group.

by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2018 5:08 PM

I agree. They should have had the original group leave the community and hit the road years ago. But the author was hell-bent on following the comic, if it was logical for the medium of television or not. Like having a CGI tiger eaten by walkers, or knowing to attack enemies only and leaving alone people in his own community. Including newbies.

by Anonymousreply 241October 26, 2018 6:57 PM

Rick is crying in about every scene. He's dying next episode, I guess is why.

Negan misses his bat. Misses it Bad. Ham-fisted symbolism, I guess is why.

by Anonymousreply 242October 29, 2018 1:56 AM

Rick jumps on a horses, and Daryl stares at him longingly, then says, "Hey, be safe!" Daryl never stares at Rick longingly, and he never says stuff like your mom says to you when you leave the house. Rick's about to die, I guess is why.

by Anonymousreply 243October 29, 2018 2:07 AM

Rick is zombie lunch.

by Anonymousreply 244October 29, 2018 2:55 AM

It was Daryl's fault. That fucker!

by Anonymousreply 245October 29, 2018 3:13 AM

I told you all that Rick was going to die. How could you possibly think that he wouldn't, when Andrew Lincoln made it abundantly clear that he wanted to be off the show, for good? Rick is toast. Although from the preview, it seems that he extracts himself from that iron bar, and mounts the horse to escape the hundreds of Walkers coming at him. Of course. *rolling eyes*

This episode was good. I love the scenes between Rick and Carol, and Rick and Darryl. Very touching. However, I hated the scenes with Michonne and Negan. You can just tell that they're trying to soften him up and make him "nicer" and more likable. Sorry.... too late! Everyone hates Negan, and he will never be a show favorite.

And it looks like "the gang" is back to war again with the Saviors, because of the Oceanside people. More guns. More fighting. In the woods. Oh, joy.

The next episode does look good, though. Lots of flashbacks and dream sequences. The hospital scene, scenes with Shane, etc. I love the scene of him walking amongst thousands of dead bodies. It looks very cool and otherworldly.

I don't think I'll be tuning in after Rick's demise. The show WAS Rick Grimes.

by Anonymousreply 246October 29, 2018 3:04 PM

I don't imagine him getting off that rebar pole. That would be even too far-fetched for TWD. My guess is he becomes zombie food but they cut to flashbacks and dream sequences right before he's bitten. Maybe at the end is when Maggie finds him turned, twitching on that cement slab, and does the mercy killing.

by Anonymousreply 247October 29, 2018 4:43 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping his getting away on the horse and leading the walkers across the bridge, etc. isn't just a dream sequence he has while dying, but it probably is. He's going to die on that concrete slab all alone. That would be a shitty end for Rick.

The only reason I think that might not happen is because Rick is a fan favorite, the hero, the star of the show and fans would be pissed if the writers did him dirty like that. (and they know they need to keep all the fans they can, esp. with rick leaving). He deserves to get back to Alexandria and say goodbye to Judith, michonne, and whoever else is left of his friends. He'll probably arrange a visit with Negan and tell him to be good or some shit. Pass the leadership torch to him.

It might be incredibly implausible, but I hope he gets a peaceful death at home. And I don't want to see him turn into a walker.

by Anonymousreply 248October 29, 2018 5:42 PM

Season 10 would be a good place to end the show. A nice round number of seasons. Viewers are already bailing and I imagine it's going to get worse after next weeks episode. Daryl can't carry this show and Negan sucks.

Let it end

by Anonymousreply 249October 29, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote] Season 10 would be a good place to end the show. A nice round number of seasons. Viewers are already bailing and I imagine it's going to get worse

That surely hasn't stopped "Supernatural" from going on 14 seasons and counting! rofl

by Anonymousreply 250October 29, 2018 8:01 PM

I wonder how far the ratings will drop after next weeks episode? I thought I saw something where Kirkman said 10 seasons would be enough. I agree I don't want to see Rick turn into a walker. Maybe he could just jump on his white horse and ride off into the sunset. The end.

by Anonymousreply 251October 29, 2018 8:12 PM

Does Aaron still live in Alexandria? Or did he move to Hilltop or elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 252October 29, 2018 11:02 PM

I guess Heath is a loose end that will probably never be tied up... unless he somehow became part of Georgie's enclave but didn't bother letting his old group them know that he was safe there.

by Anonymousreply 253October 29, 2018 11:21 PM

Heath is one of those characters from the comic books, that Kirkman insisted he be on the show.

And then they realized that his character was pointless, so he mysteriously disappeared.

That's how idiotic the writers are.

by Anonymousreply 254October 30, 2018 4:30 AM

That scene where Rick pulls Daryl out of the pit was a callback to season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 30, 2018 5:33 AM

Steven Yeun hated playing good hearted Glenn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 31, 2018 8:00 PM

‘The Walking Dead’ Is the Second Most Dangerous Show to Pirate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 4, 2018 3:33 AM

I hope the helicopter takes Rick away

by Anonymousreply 258November 4, 2018 4:42 AM

Well, here we are. Rick's "Last Day on Earth."

I'm bummed. I've followed this character since day one, when the show premiered on October 31, 2010. Since that day, I was hooked on the show, and the Rick character was a huge part of it.

I know that a lot of people say this, but I honestly might stop watching after he checks out. The show just won't be the same.

by Anonymousreply 259November 4, 2018 1:27 PM

So why would Maggie and Daryl have a change of heart about killing Negan, from this point on? Especially after Rick's death? And especially now that Rick won't be "guarding" Negan anymore?

I'm curious what LAME ASS excuse Maggie and Daryl will now give, for keeping Negan alive.

It's not that I care. I'd just like to see what further stupidity in the writing, ensues.

by Anonymousreply 260November 4, 2018 6:52 PM

I can’t imagine how anyone would think the show will be worth watching after tonight.

by Anonymousreply 261November 4, 2018 9:11 PM

It won't be. Been watching for nine years, after tonight I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 262November 4, 2018 9:56 PM

I've enjoyed these past five episodes, I think they've been a lot better than the previous couple years, but like you all, I will find it hard to watch this without Rick and probably won't. I've always liked him.

However implausible, I'm hoping jadis' damn helicopter will come and save Rick and take him away someone. I want that deus ex machina on tonight's episode!

But, I know he's a goner. Lincoln probably wants to shut the door on Rick forever. I do wonder of any surprise cameos will show up (mainly Carl) in addition to Shane, Hershel, and Sasha.

by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2018 12:15 AM

I read that Shane makes an appearance; hope that Carl and Lori show up too.

by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2018 12:57 AM

Damn, I teared up when Shane showed up onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 265November 5, 2018 1:27 AM

Rick making a crack about Shane's nose was gold. That thing is messed up.

by Anonymousreply 266November 5, 2018 1:35 AM

I wonder if Rick 'finding his family' (that he keeps repeating) is going to be him seeing Carl and Lori as he dies.

by Anonymousreply 267November 5, 2018 1:38 AM

Aww Hershel. I miss that guy

by Anonymousreply 268November 5, 2018 1:39 AM

Maggie should've killed Negan. Who gives a shit if he was crying and asking to die.

by Anonymousreply 269November 5, 2018 1:44 AM

They filmed Hershel's scenes just before the actor died.

by Anonymousreply 270November 5, 2018 1:46 AM

So they're all going to see Rick die. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 271November 5, 2018 1:55 AM

At least that was better than him dying alone on the side of the road and turning into a walker. I'm satisfied with this.

by Anonymousreply 272November 5, 2018 1:56 AM

No fucking way. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 273November 5, 2018 2:03 AM

JUMPED THE SHARK!!

by Anonymousreply 274November 5, 2018 2:08 AM

So now we jumped like 6 years in the future? I can already tell Judith's voice is going to annoy the piss out of me. I hope they use her sparingly.

by Anonymousreply 275November 5, 2018 2:08 AM

I had no idea but I called it 10/22/2018

by Anonymousreply 276November 5, 2018 2:12 AM

All I can hope is that Jesus and Aaron are a couple in the future.

by Anonymousreply 277November 5, 2018 2:12 AM

I bet they will hook up. At least they were together in the preview, that's something.

Not sure I dig Aaron with a beard though.

by Anonymousreply 278November 5, 2018 2:15 AM

Thought Dan Fogler had a nice movie career going, why is he slumming here?

by Anonymousreply 279November 5, 2018 2:19 AM

So what happened tonight? Some of us don't have cable

by Anonymousreply 280November 5, 2018 2:19 AM

I didn't hate it.

On Talking Dead, Gimple just said they're going to be making "AMC feature films" about RIck and other characters.

by Anonymousreply 281November 5, 2018 2:21 AM

R280 Rick didn't die. He got off the rebar, got on the horse and rode away. He had various hallucinations (inc. shane, hershel, and sasha) who all told him to wake up. He led the walkers to the bridge, he was bleeding out, his friends all came to help, but he shot some dynamite (?) and blew up the bridge and presumably himself to stop them from getting to hilltop.

Later Jadis sees him on the riverbank and radios the helicopter to help him. They land and take him away. He'll survive.

He's a 'B' by the way.

by Anonymousreply 282November 5, 2018 2:27 AM

R282 ok thanks - and I'm reading on twitter that the series has no skipped 6 years, and Judith Grimes is running things?

by Anonymousreply 283November 5, 2018 2:29 AM

Also there's a scene after Ricks exit where a new group of people are surrounded by walkers and a little kid rescues them. They ask her name and she puts on Carl's sheriffs hat and says 'Judith Grimes'. She's about 10

by Anonymousreply 284November 5, 2018 2:30 AM

So basically Rick just walks away and leaves Judith behind.

by Anonymousreply 285November 5, 2018 2:32 AM

R283 yeah she had a machine gun, a sword and Carl's hat. So she's supposed to be a little badass now. Doesn't look anything like the former Judith.

by Anonymousreply 286November 5, 2018 2:33 AM

[quote]So basically Rick just walks away and leaves Judith behind.

No, he was hurt, unconscious and was flown away in a helicopter, he could be half way around the world. He didn't voluntarily leave Judith. He'll probably show up on the series finale after having spent years trying to get back.

by Anonymousreply 287November 5, 2018 2:42 AM

Do we know when Maggie is leaving?

by Anonymousreply 288November 5, 2018 2:46 AM

The 6 year time jump would've been a perfect excuse to give Daryl a haircut. But he looks the same shaggy mess.

And the wig on carol is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 289November 5, 2018 3:01 AM

r258 was me. I was kidding about the helicopter but I actually called it!

by Anonymousreply 290November 5, 2018 3:02 AM

They mentioned it enough times that that was a plausible guess. I'm glad they did it. Rick blowing himself up would've been a good end, but Madison just did that on Fear The Walking Dead, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 291November 5, 2018 3:09 AM

Someone raised Judith right.

by Anonymousreply 292November 5, 2018 3:25 AM

Movies now???? When the show is past its prime?

They are beating this into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 293November 5, 2018 3:32 AM

The producer said that some of the "movies" will concern the backstories of characters that had previously died.

So, Shane!

by Anonymousreply 294November 5, 2018 3:38 AM

I didn't quiet get what Gimple said about the movies. Did he say Rick will come back in one of them? So we'll get to see him after he's flown off?

And why is he doing this? I don't think we need back stories on dead characters. Interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 295November 5, 2018 3:45 AM

[quote] And why is he doing this?

I think it's a way to keep Lincoln's participation. Offer him AMC movies, which Gimple said would be high-quality, indistinguishable from a real feature film. Plus it's limited in time commitment. You get to keep him and let him go on to do other stuff.

It's essentially recognition of how important Andrew Lincoln still is to the franchise. The producers will take whatever limited participation Lincoln is willing to give. And he's doing AMC feature films now! Gimple said so!

by Anonymousreply 296November 5, 2018 3:52 AM

Does this mean Ann/Jadis is gone?

by Anonymousreply 297November 5, 2018 4:29 AM

"I’m so bummed they are killing off Rick and I agree a romance between him and Michonne seems forced and unnatural for Rick’s character."

Blah blah blah blah blah MIXED RACE!!!! blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 298November 5, 2018 5:22 AM

Andrew Lincoln for James Bond?

by Anonymousreply 299November 5, 2018 5:28 AM

The heart-tugging music playing and Rick’s friends rushing to save him made me cry and I don’t cry. Daryl doing his best to keep the walkers away from Rick did me in.

by Anonymousreply 300November 5, 2018 5:39 AM

It's because they were accused of killing off every black character on the show even if they were fan favorites. Count me in as someone else who just didn't like/buy the Michonne and Rick romance because they were more like brother and sister who formed a little family unit with Carl and Judith. Jesse was a better match for him. He really connected with her on an emotional level. Despite all the lovey-dovey moments between Rick and Michonne there is no real passion. She always struck me as the real lesbian in the group anyway and would have been much more believable than Tara.

by Anonymousreply 301November 5, 2018 6:50 AM

I think the show lost a lot when they killed Glen and Abraham. I really enjoyed their characters. And their deaths were extremely brutal. I’ll miss Rick.

by Anonymousreply 302November 5, 2018 6:55 AM

I want to add that Michonne had a deeper emotional connection with Andrea than Rick and I totally bought into the idea that part of her dislike for the Governor was jealousy because Andrea was clearly taken with him. And vice versa. Unrequited love and lust. Carl was the son she hoped Andre would have grown up to be.

by Anonymousreply 303November 5, 2018 7:11 AM

Maybe lesbian Carol has been pretending King Ezekiel is Michonne, now those two lesbians can be together ;)

by Anonymousreply 304November 5, 2018 8:37 AM

[quote] JUMPED THE SHARK!!

Agreed. Just read what R282 wrote:

[quote] Rick didn't die. He got off the rebar, got on the horse and rode away. He had various hallucinations (inc. shane, hershel, and sasha) who all told him to wake up. He led the walkers to the bridge, he was bleeding out, his friends all came to help, but he shot some dynamite (?) and blew up the bridge and presumably himself to stop them from getting to hilltop. Later Jadis sees him on the riverbank and radios the helicopter to help him. They land and take him away.

More Scott Gimple ridiculousness. I didn't think that the writers would be so brazen as to develop this ludicrous storyline for Rick's survival, but as usual, they out did themselves.

The blood loss alone, would have killed him in about 10 minutes. Never mind the THOUSANDS of walkers chasing after him, breaking the wooden wall of the cabin, getting up and off the horse repeatedly, killing walkers in the camp and then on the bridge, and finally SURVIVING the bridge blast and being rescued by Jadis in the helicopter.

That's as stupid and far-fetched as Glenn's fakeout death under the garbage dumpster.

Are we sure that R262 doesn't work for the show? That person seemed to get every single detail of the finale, before it aired.

I really don't know where the show is headed, but I'm not sure if I'll stick around to see it. I hate Negan, Maggie has been neutered by the writers (just for the sake of saving Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character), and Daryl still doesn't seem to have a place on the show.

With the addition of tons of new characters, I just don't see myself as having the patience to get invested in them.

by Anonymousreply 305November 5, 2018 9:03 AM

I think the interest in the show is waning yet they are going to make movies of it? Maybe Andrew Lincoln wants to be home more and must be he is not getting better offers. I would think he would want to cut bait and move on.

by Anonymousreply 306November 5, 2018 10:25 AM

You “think” the interest in the show is waning? Honey, the ratings are dropping off a cliff and have been for the past three seasons.

by Anonymousreply 307November 5, 2018 10:27 AM

I cannot handle the braying donkey Chris Hardwick but I watched a few minutes of the after show out of curiosity, Gimple thinks he is a damn genius.

by Anonymousreply 308November 5, 2018 10:31 AM

Wow they’re still letting rapey Hardwick host things? AMC is fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 309November 5, 2018 10:33 AM

[quote] More Scott Gimple ridiculousness.

I thought Gimple was fired? Why is he still running the show?

[quote] The blood loss alone, would have killed him in about 10 minutes.

Haha. Lori lost more blood during childbirth than Rick did by un-impaling himself off the rebar, and yet Lori died in less than a minute.

Lame.

by Anonymousreply 310November 5, 2018 11:26 AM

The six year time jump is most likely to allow time for Negan to have rehabilitated his image.

Now he can be "nice" Negan, and everyone will love him. Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 311November 5, 2018 11:35 AM

Was Negan using reverse psychology with Maggie and totally playing her? Seemed like fake tearless crying to me. Or was that bad acting by JDM?

by Anonymousreply 312November 5, 2018 11:38 AM

[quote] That's as stupid and far-fetched as Glenn's fakeout death under the garbage dumpster.

I guess you can only suspend your disbelief with dead people eating people.

[quote]So why would Maggie and Daryl have a change of heart about killing Negan, from this point on? Especially after Rick's death? And especially now that Rick won't be "guarding" Negan anymore?

Easy, Jeffrey Dean Morgan has a multi-year signed contract.

by Anonymousreply 313November 5, 2018 11:42 AM

I also felt duped by Rick’s non death. All the build up that ‘Rick dies’ this season then he has some last minute save straight out of Days of our Lives.

I was betting he’d die and would become the lead walker in that mass, much to the horror of the camp that greets him.

by Anonymousreply 314November 5, 2018 11:45 AM

Movies, featurettes, online content and other stuff "not able to be described" for the Walking Dead "Universe." WTF? Is there an audience for all this?

by Anonymousreply 315November 5, 2018 12:39 PM

Viewers may be more interested in a Netflix type limited series than a network show. I think the movie idea is smart and may gain new fans who never even watched the original show.

by Anonymousreply 316November 5, 2018 12:53 PM

Norman Reedus signed for 3 more years in a Universal Deal for any show in the Walking Dead universe.

Melissa McBride (Carol) did the same.

[quote]Sources say the pacts will cover three years of the franchise as a whole, meaning if their characters are written off of the flagship and relocated to another property in the Walking Dead franchise — or depart completely — they would continue to get paid.

Danai Gurira (Michonne) is currently still in negotiations because she's now part of the Marvel Universe and at the least has 2-3 more movies coming up she'll be part of. Plus her play she wrote, "Eclipse" got nominated for a Tony.

I expect her to be the next to go. She doesn't need it anymore.

Andrew Lincoln's "tv movies" in the Walking Dead universe start production next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 5, 2018 1:29 PM

That’s a hell of a gamble for a failing show.

by Anonymousreply 318November 5, 2018 1:39 PM

[quote]I also felt duped by Rick’s non death. All the build up that ‘Rick dies’ this season then he has some last minute save straight out of Days of our Lives.

Who said he dies? Not the anyone connected to the show or AMC. It was all fan speculation. All they said was it was his last episode, and for now, it is.

by Anonymousreply 319November 5, 2018 4:25 PM

"Last" is not a flexible word. If he's still alive, it won't be his last episode.

by Anonymousreply 320November 5, 2018 4:31 PM

He won’t return to the TV series. They will show him in movies set wherever the helicopter is going. This frees Lincoln to do other things and not live in Atlanta for months at a time.

by Anonymousreply 321November 5, 2018 4:38 PM

Michonne looked (and acted) quite butch in the previews for next week. It almost seemed like she took over the Negan role, with everyone a bit scared of her. She even made Aaron shake in his boots.

Maybe she'll shack up with a woman, from now on. It IS six years into the future, and maybe she's changed. I think that would be awesome.

Imagine having an out lesbian as the leader of the Walking Dead universe. That would blow peoples' minds.

by Anonymousreply 322November 5, 2018 7:55 PM

I guess when you've had Rick no other man will do.

by Anonymousreply 323November 5, 2018 8:54 PM

Damn straight.

by Anonymousreply 324November 5, 2018 10:00 PM

I like that this wasn't the mid season finale. We have three more episodes before the break to get used to a Rickless TWD world. The cliffhanger will probably be the introduction of the Whispers.

Was this Maggie's last episode as well? It wouldnt make much sense for her character to stick around for the 6 year time jump and then leave in the next episode or two.

by Anonymousreply 325November 5, 2018 10:10 PM

I liked the little girl who plays nine year old Judith but they can't possibly think we will buy a kid running things. Even if she is Michonne's mini-me. Negan seems to be a mentor as well. Christ, what a fucked up childhood.

by Anonymousreply 326November 5, 2018 10:44 PM

Carol looked gloomy and worried in the preview for next week's episode. Is Ezekiel dead? Had to clean house to make way for more characters we won't care about I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 327November 5, 2018 10:47 PM

[quoteIs Ezekiel dead? Had to clean house to make way for more characters we won't care about I suppose.

Does anyone really care about Ezekiel?

by Anonymousreply 328November 5, 2018 11:55 PM

I could buy Rick supposedly making it through everything he did last night until the explosion. Lying on the riverbank with all of his limbs still attached made me just shake my head.

I think Gimpel is insane if he thinks people want to see WD movies, etc. at this point. I don’t care if they include Lincoln or any dead characters. It’s too late at this point.

by Anonymousreply 329November 6, 2018 12:02 AM

And the idea of zombies does not make your head shake?

by Anonymousreply 330November 6, 2018 12:07 AM

R326 - Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 331November 6, 2018 1:28 AM

R329 they're going to be tv movies, no? I'll watch a 2 hour movie on tv about Rick's adventures with the helicopter people. It'll be weird seeing him with a whole new group, but I want to know what 'A' and 'B' mean!

Jadis will probably be there so at least he'll have one friend.

I don't really see the point of having dead characters' back stories shown, however. Maybe one with Merle and Daryl would be interesting, but Daryl looks old now so they'd have to cgi de-age him.

by Anonymousreply 332November 6, 2018 1:46 AM

THIS WAS THE LAMEST EPISODE IN ALL OF TELEVISION.

One dumpster fire after another. One Braveheart speech after another. Every minute was painful to watch. I wanted to slap everyone who came onscreen.

What an ego trip. The show is full of itself and that self is shit.

The supposed "blood" on the white horse was more in line with "Sharknado" than "the #1 show in the world."

Rick being able to get on/off the horse after pulling himself off the pole was ridiculous. Rick awake after the bridge explosion (not to mention alive) also lame.

This show doesn't seem to know or care about the phrase "plot armor".

According to blind items, "Little Andrew" knocked up a couple of women in the area & wifey wants to put him on a tighter leash.

I laughed at a little girl saving the group at the end & didn't realize it was Judith because the girl cast doesn't resemble her at all. I could care less about her as a sniper or a character.

Everyone on YT looks like they loved this "masterpiece". I think Glenn, Lorie, Carl & Abe were smart not to come back to this mess.

I like the idea of the Whisperers but might bail before the end of the season. I can't take much more crap from AMC.

Here's hoping Maggie laughs in Mrs. Stinkface Grimes for now ending up in the same widowed mom boat (one of the few juicy character points to look forward to).

It was just an unbelievable episode from start to finish & NOT in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 333November 6, 2018 2:14 AM

At least Aaron and Jesus will be a couple.

by Anonymousreply 334November 6, 2018 2:16 AM

R334 Couples only exist on the show to be ripped apart for "dramatic effect".

"Jaron" won't last.

If Jesus doesn't want to exit the show for other roles then they will just off Aaron for "shock value".

by Anonymousreply 335November 6, 2018 2:19 AM

They might last. I'll be optimistic with this one.

by Anonymousreply 336November 6, 2018 2:30 AM

Lori was actually in the episode. She's the one who says "What's your wound?" right before Shane appears.

by Anonymousreply 337November 6, 2018 3:57 AM

i saw a scene. it was so fucking unreal. Like Rick will be able to pull himself off of the rod. LMAO.

So he dead or what?

by Anonymousreply 338November 6, 2018 4:02 AM

He would have bled to death when he pulled out the rod.

by Anonymousreply 339November 6, 2018 4:08 AM

They should have coughed up the money to have Coral on the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 340November 6, 2018 5:32 AM

Yeah, no Caaarl! He probably told them to eat shit. Yuen is badmouthing his character. Hated playing emo Glenn. Whue knew? So much for the "one big family" bullshit. Career is going nowhere so badmouth the one well paying gig you had? Smart.

by Anonymousreply 341November 6, 2018 9:15 AM

Whoever left that dynamite lying around on the bridge needs to go on a Health and Safety in the Workplace refresher.

by Anonymousreply 342November 6, 2018 9:36 AM

[quote]He would have bled to death when he pulled out the rod.

Please it was barely a scratch.

by Anonymousreply 343November 6, 2018 9:41 AM

[quote] Lori was actually in the episode. She's the one who says "What's your wound?" right before Shane appears.

Abraham, too. I had my captioning on, and one of the random background voices was listed as "Abraham."

[quote] He would have bled to death when he pulled out the rod.

[quote] Please it was barely a scratch.

I agree. Especially with the literal FOUNTAINS of blood that they kept showing, GUSHING from his stomach.

Rick's face didn't even go pale after losing all that blood. He still looked tan, and as fresh as a daisy.

You would think that with all the money the show spends on makeup and special effects, they could have at least put some makeup on his face, to account for all the blood loss.

To riff off of a Datalounge meme, "This is why we hate the show."

by Anonymousreply 344November 6, 2018 1:33 PM

O come on, guys... Haven't we all at some point extracted ourselves from being impaled on a metal spike through the abdomen to then climb up on a horse and ride away while losing a huge amount of blood?

by Anonymousreply 345November 6, 2018 1:36 PM

R333 where did you see that blind item about Little Andrew? Our badass Rick Grimes is a pussywupped husband?

by Anonymousreply 346November 6, 2018 1:47 PM

[quote]I think Gimpel is insane if he thinks people want to see WD movies, etc. at this point.

I would much rather watch Rick in a brand-new environment for two hours than yet another season of these idiots running around in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 347November 6, 2018 1:58 PM

I was wondering who asked Rick, 'Whats your wound?' . Thanks, fellas!

Never would've thought Lori. I forgot about her, actually. I miss Abraham. He was a character worth keeping.

by Anonymousreply 348November 6, 2018 2:13 PM

But we are going to see Aaron & Jesus get HOT N HEAVY under sheets

Isn't that what we gays have been waiting for? Less Rick means MORE Jaron!

by Anonymousreply 349November 6, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote] Less Rick means MORE Jaron!

Not necessarily. It could mean more Judith.

Also, Andrew Lincoln mentioned that there is going to be a whole new cast of characters, with his exit. He also mentioned that there would be a lot of "powerful females."

In this age of #metoo, I think that AMC and Walking Dead are going to jump on the bandwagon of female empowerment.

by Anonymousreply 350November 6, 2018 2:37 PM

Daryl is gay and Rick was the love of his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 6, 2018 2:38 PM

So, whatever happened to Robert Kirkman? Was he fired?

He's not listed as an Executive Producer anymore. I guess the powers that be, finally got sick of his attitude.

by Anonymousreply 352November 6, 2018 2:38 PM

Little Judith is Shane and Lori's kid. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, just like Rick. I think I read where Maggie would be on the show until episode nine. Which would be the mid-season finale.

by Anonymousreply 353November 6, 2018 4:21 PM

Lori was a slut. I doubt Shane was the only dick she jumped on.

by Anonymousreply 354November 6, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote]Little Judith is Shane and Lori's kid.

So will that be the justification for Rick not spending every waking moment getting back to her?

by Anonymousreply 355November 6, 2018 5:01 PM

What if he's in Maine or Canada or somewhere far away from Virginia? Is he just supposed to hitch a ride down I-95 to get back to Alexandria?

I think it's going to be established quickly in his movie that getting back to VA won't be possible. That'll probably happen in his third movie years down the line.

I do think he'll eventually reunite with Judith, Daryl, and michonne if she's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 356November 7, 2018 2:17 AM

R346 I read all the gossip sites on the net. I can't recall which ones but the one safe bet is AGC Webpages.

I recall one of the blinds happened after it was announced that Rick would be exiting the show (the last 4-6 months perhaps?).

by Anonymousreply 357November 7, 2018 3:06 AM

Did you see buff Eugene killing walkers in the previews? WTF

by Anonymousreply 358November 7, 2018 3:15 AM

I didn't see a buff Eugene, but I did notice he got a haircut. Still looks a little shaggy, but it's no longer a mullet or pony tail length. That's exciting.

by Anonymousreply 359November 7, 2018 3:50 AM

Rick’s “death” got barely a blip in the ratings. AMC was expecting a big jump from return viewers. Nope. This show is done. Expect all those projects to never see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 360November 7, 2018 10:11 AM

I don't get why Lincoln is leaving now. I read that he only got ~80K per episode for most of the seasons. He and Reedus renegotiated their contracts last(?) season and he was finally making close to a million per episode. Why would he leave when he is finally getting paid top dollars? For a TV movie? I don't get it. He has been living in Atlanta for the last 10 years. Just stick around for one more year if they are paying you that much money.

And he needs more time for other projects? The only other projects he will get are conventions and posing for photos for rhe rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 361November 7, 2018 10:47 AM

R361 TWD has taken up all of his time for so many years he's probably sick of it and wants to do something else. He's already famous in the UK as Egg on This Life. TWD has raised his profile well beyond anything he could have ever achieved by staying in Britain. Now he's so well known he can do anything, and getting out of Atlanta is probably a large part of his motivation.

He's jumping ship while ratings continue to fall and his character has been developed far beyond what it probably should have been.

by Anonymousreply 362November 7, 2018 11:19 AM

R361 he obviously decided that it's not about the money: he wants to leave. I bet even if they threw a million an ep at him he'd still go. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 363November 7, 2018 12:18 PM

Hmm R363, if someone offered me 10 million for a couple of months work in Atlanta, I would take it. Can't be worse than my current life. But actors and millionaires obviously have different priorities.

by Anonymousreply 364November 7, 2018 12:48 PM

R364 - He's already earned more than he would have ever thought possible. The ratings continue to fall so he probably wants to do other things now. He had steady work in the UK doing more 'respectable' work. Despite the huge pay checks, he probably sees TWD as 'slumming it'.

by Anonymousreply 365November 7, 2018 1:08 PM

Yeah, I think regular people wouldn't mind it at all, but for him it's different. 1. He's already made money and has to be quite comfortable. 2. His wife and kids live in another country and he's missing them. 3. He's tired of doing the show. He talked about wanting to quit last year, but wasn't quite ready so he's got the walking dead fatigue. Good on him for walking away before he gets too burned out.

by Anonymousreply 366November 7, 2018 1:10 PM

[quote]TWD has taken up all of his time for so many years

There are only 12 episodes a year, Dear.

by Anonymousreply 367November 7, 2018 2:20 PM

R367 - Those twelve episodes didn't take just 40 mins each to film, babe. He's said being away from his family for so long was part of the reason he decided to leave.

by Anonymousreply 368November 7, 2018 2:40 PM

Haha yes R367, and work usually has the side effect of taken up all of your time for many years. For everyone. Poor Andrew.

R368 They usually shoot one episode in 8 work days. With 12-15 episodes per season, he still has a couple of free months a year. Also, they often focus on different characters or groups each episode, so most of the leads do not even appear in every episode. Actors on network shows have a hard job. 24 episodes and 12-14 workdays are though. But they are also well compensated for it. All the PAs have the same schedule and make a lot less money - and they can't relax in comfortable trailers between takes.

by Anonymousreply 369November 7, 2018 2:55 PM

I also saw that BI on agc. It wasn't the first BI I have seen on his messing around, including actresses on the show but I can't remember which ones. This was the first one I read where he got someone pregnant.

I will watch the movie about Rick to see what is going on, but I don't care about movies on the backstory of dead or even alive characters. This looks like a money ploy to bleed whatever they can out of the series as it starts to spiral down. They should worry about the writing on the original show.

OMG. Judith. She is already annoying me. She is going to annoy like Carl.

by Anonymousreply 370November 7, 2018 3:33 PM

[quote]Haha yes [R367], and work usually has the side effect of taken up all of your time for many years. For everyone. Poor Andrew.

And not everyone stays at the same job for 8/9+ years whether they are actors or people who are not actors but [italic]I'm sure you knew that.[/italic]

[quote]They usually shoot one episode in 8 work days. With 12-15 episodes per season, he still has a couple of free months a year.

He leaves his family (in another country) for [bold]seven months[/bold] out of the year.

Furthermore, if he wanted to work on anything else, it would have to take place outside of that seven month period or not overlap that seven month period.

TV shows provide steady work for actors but they also block them off from playing other roles because of time and/or contractual obligations. That's fine if you're someone like Pauley Perette who was comfortable playing the same role for 15 years on NCIS but not someone like Kerry Washington who was happy to be done after 7 years with Scandal.

He's also 45 years old and I'm sure he doesn't want to get stuck as the guy who is only known as playing Rick Grimes on "The Walking Dead." Sure, it's a paycheck but there are other opportunities to be had, especially coming off of a successful tv show which he headed for years.

I believe he left for exactly the reasons he said he left. Money isn't everything for some people, especially when you've already made quite a lot of it. Creative people also like to be creative and it gets hard to do that doing the same thing over and over again for years upon end.

by Anonymousreply 371November 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Andrew Lincoln is handsome and a decent actor. He should have no problem finding other work. The other actors that left the show are doing well. Norman Reedus on the other hand, will probably not be as lucky.

by Anonymousreply 372November 7, 2018 7:46 PM

Norman will be Daryl Dixon forever and he's happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 373November 7, 2018 8:07 PM

[quote]He leaves his family (in another country) for seven months out of the year.

Sorry, it doesn't take seven months for an actor to make 12 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 374November 8, 2018 9:58 AM

I rarely watch the after show because it just is a suck up fest, but I watched some of it this week out of curiosity. The blackactress who acts like this show is her life interviewed Andrew Lincoln and shaved and cleaned up he is still quite handsome. He looked so much better than he does as Rick.

by Anonymousreply 375November 8, 2018 10:09 AM

They start filming in April and finish in September. I don't know anything about the school year in England but surely they get some summer vacation or other holidays and could spend a few weeks or a couple of months in the states. Would it be such a hardship for the kids to spend time with their father in another country? Atlanta is hardly a back woods dump. It seems to be a thing with the wife that she stays in GB.

by Anonymousreply 376November 8, 2018 10:26 AM

Has anyone seen Andrew Lincoln’s wife? Go ahead, Google. I’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 377November 8, 2018 1:50 PM

Andrew Lincoln's wife is named Gael Anderson, and she looks a bit like Melissa McBride. Well the haircut, at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378November 8, 2018 2:03 PM

Andrew and wife in swimsuits, at the beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 8, 2018 2:05 PM

He's not handsome. Does he think he can succeed as lead actor in movies now? I'm not feeling sorry for him. It's fucking money and more money than majority of actors in hollywood will make. Suck it up buttercup!

by Anonymousreply 380November 8, 2018 2:21 PM

Have you seen the UK detective series thread here on DL? Who says there’s no work for AL back at home??

by Anonymousreply 381November 8, 2018 2:35 PM

[quote]Sorry, it doesn't take seven months for an actor to make 12 episodes.

I'm not sorry at all R374. That came directly from Tom Payne who said that he [Lincoln] is in Atlanta for seven months a year shooting. He was interviewed about Lincoln's exit.

[quote]They start filming in April and finish in September.

This season they started filming in May (April 30th actually) to finish in November. They're there before that, though.

[quote]I don't know anything about the school year in England but surely they get some summer vacation or other holidays and could spend a few weeks or a couple of months in the states. Would it be such a hardship for the kids to spend time with their father in another country?

You'd think. Who knows? Maybe she didn't want to keep flying over there every summer. If her life is over there why should she have to? It was obvious the show wasn't going to end anytime soon so maybe she had enough? We'll probably never know other than his explanation that they kids aren't as "mobile" as they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 382November 8, 2018 2:35 PM

Yes it's hard for the family but dad is making money providing for your comfortable lifestyle so what's the big fucking deal? You can face time and talk and shit.

But I don't blame him for wanting to get the fuck out. Show is boring as fuck! I don't watch but my partner does and I catch bits and pieces of it when he's watching.

by Anonymousreply 383November 8, 2018 2:42 PM

The shooting schedule for WD is over seven months of 16-18 hour days, sometimes longer, R374. Most TV shows are like this. I’m not sure why you’re having so much difficulty understanding this. Your willful ignorance notwithstanding, it’s how TV works, period. Let me guess, you’re a Trump voter and don’t like facts?

Andrew Lincoln has zero to do with the shooting schedule and has no control over it. He’s tired of it. Frankly, I’m shocked he’s lasted this long. He’s an English actor, and they loathe anything over two seasons of six episodes, no matter how much it pays.

by Anonymousreply 384November 8, 2018 9:21 PM

"Let me guess, you’re a Trump voter and don’t like facts?"

Well, that certainly settles the argument about Andrew Lincoln leaving the show.

Did you skip debate 101 classes?

by Anonymousreply 385November 8, 2018 9:47 PM

Christ, it might take seven months to do a season of 12 episodes but that includes, casting, costume design and fabrication, set designs and fabrication, make-up designs but actors aren't involved in that and aren't in front of the camera for 28 weeks for 12 weeks of film.

by Anonymousreply 386November 8, 2018 9:58 PM

THERE IS NO “DEBATE.”

YOU.

ARE.

WRONG.

Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 387November 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Let’s see... live in London, or live in a backwater shithole filled with backward rednecks like Georgia. There is no comparison. Why are you people so invested in his schedule? He’s leaving the show. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 388November 8, 2018 10:05 PM

Andrew's wife's mother and father are loaded. Very wealthy. and interesting. Why would she want to live and raise her kids in Atlanta when she can raise them in London and rural elite England.

That is a no brainer.

by Anonymousreply 389November 8, 2018 10:10 PM

It's wild how Melissa McBride (Carol) went from an unemployed, 40-something actress to now earning tens of millions in her 50s.

by Anonymousreply 390November 8, 2018 10:27 PM

R390 - "Tens of millions"??

by Anonymousreply 391November 8, 2018 10:34 PM

[quote]Andrew's wife's mother and father are loaded. Very wealthy. and interesting. Why would she want to live and raise her kids in Atlanta when she can raise them in London and rural elite England.

His wife's father is the lead singer/song writer/performer in Jethro Tull. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin both came to their wedding years ago. That's the kind of crowd she ran with even before Andrew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 8, 2018 10:40 PM

R391 ok, maybe a dramatic way of saying it. She is about to sign a new deal for $20 million over 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 393November 9, 2018 1:08 AM

Interesting r392 I did not know that

by Anonymousreply 394November 9, 2018 1:22 AM

I am truly impressed that AL's father-in-law is in Jethro Tull. Aqualung is one of the greatest concept rock albums of all time. My ex did a very entertaining Aqualung impression. Had that hawkish Brit look to him that fit the character. I still miss that motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 395November 9, 2018 9:30 AM

Based on the pictures here, his wife may not be very good looking, but she has a good figure. And the spiky hair tells me she has a bit of a personality as well. I bet she not a typical, boring rich girl.

And having Ian Anderson for a father in law would be cool.

by Anonymousreply 396November 9, 2018 1:15 PM

Saw this on another site - I didn't notice it when watching the episode: Jadis was driving an RV and apparently it's the RV that Heath and Tara were using a couple seasons ago when they visited Oceanside. The theory is that Jadis captured Heath back then, took the RV and "traded" Heath to the helicopter folks. Unfortunately that still doesn't explain the A/B crap...

by Anonymousreply 397November 9, 2018 4:02 PM

I might be a little bit slow, but why do you need to trade people in this universe at all? I mean you can basically just grab whoever you like off the streets and no one will care. Everyone who is still alive at this point is also probably a skilled and fit individual. So what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 398November 9, 2018 4:43 PM

R397 If the writers really expect viewers to make that connection, they are probably the biggest lunatics on this planet. I watch the show regularly and I find it hard to keep track of all the characters names and whereabouts. I mean, I totally forgot that Heath character even existed and now we're getting a whole bunch of new characters after the time jump. These writers and showrunners are such idiots. Just get a core group of characters that people actually care about and stick with them. Most of the viewers don't give a fuck about 98% of the people on this show and that is why the ratings are constantly declining.

by Anonymousreply 399November 9, 2018 4:52 PM

What R399 said times ten. I read that one of the Rick movies may reunite him with Heath because of the RV. Am I really supposed to be interested in that? That was like 5 years ago and 100 other Netflix series away. I can’t keep track of all this shit.

by Anonymousreply 400November 9, 2018 5:22 PM

It's getting worse than American Horror Story in that you need an encyclopaedic knowledge of previous seasons and characters in order to keep up with what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 401November 9, 2018 6:27 PM

[quote] It's wild how Melissa McBride (Carol) went from an unemployed, 40-something actress to now earning tens of millions in her 50s.

This is precisely why she won't quit like Andrew Lincoln did. They'll have to fire Melissa, to get rid of her.

Melissa knows exactly how hard it is to get a good, steady paycheck in Hollywood. And she doesn't take that for granted.

Unlike Lincoln, she hasn't gotten regular acting gigs in the past, and she doesn't have a wealthy spouse.

I'm sure that there were other actors who have been killed off on this show, who like Melissa, would have kept the gravy train going for as long as it has. Fortunately for her, she's the only one who has lasted from the beginning.

Reedus, however, is a different story.

He has had acting gigs in some big movies in the past, so he doesn't really "need" this job, per se. I think he just likes it, and the fame that came along with it.

by Anonymousreply 402November 9, 2018 7:54 PM

spoiler

The Walking Dead Wrote Maggie Out So Badly You Didn't Even Notice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 10, 2018 8:17 PM

They don’t really know if Cohan is gone. If her new ABC series is a hit, she won’t return to TWD as a regular, but if it’s quickly cancelled, she may just be away for half a season.

by Anonymousreply 404November 10, 2018 8:25 PM

Carol was supposed to be killed in the second season but Lincoln and Reedus went to TPTB and fought to keep the character.

by Anonymousreply 405November 10, 2018 8:33 PM

I'm curious to see if the ratings will take a major plunge this week, now that Rick's gone.

by Anonymousreply 406November 11, 2018 3:48 PM

AMC is having yet another Walking Dead marathon from the first episode of season nine, all the way up until the current episode.

They must be getting desperate for ratings, but it's not helping at all.

by Anonymousreply 407November 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Bet none of you noticed this.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 12, 2018 12:40 AM

Oh snap Rick and Michonne had a kid! They had to keep the male Grimes DNA on the show I guess.

Think his name is DeAndre or Carlito or Ricky?

I vote for Andrew. Has there been an Andrew on the show yet?

by Anonymousreply 409November 12, 2018 2:26 AM

Carol's wig is laughably bad.

As was the cgi birds.

How much of the 1 hour 20 minute running time was commercials? Had to be at least 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 410November 12, 2018 2:30 AM

Ok so are Aaron and Jesus now living together as a couple, now that we have jumped years?

by Anonymousreply 411November 12, 2018 2:35 AM

How stupid to climb down from a water tower wher you are completely safe, and safe from being seen, to be on the ground with an approaching herd of walkers. Rosita should have climbed up too.

by Anonymousreply 412November 12, 2018 2:46 AM

I think their son is Rick Jr.

by Anonymousreply 413November 12, 2018 2:57 AM

Looks like we get some Aaron and Jesus next week r411 so they will hopefully let us know their situation.

Aaron is still at Alexandria, and idk if Jesus would leave the Hilltop, so they might not be living together. They at least better be banging.

by Anonymousreply 414November 12, 2018 3:42 AM

R413 They should call him R.J. then.

by Anonymousreply 415November 12, 2018 3:43 AM

The new group of people seem lame! And I’m not interested in reading subtitles.

If I were living there, I’d be out with Daryl where there is less routine and more excitement. I’d want him to be my boyfriend shaggy and greasy be damned.

And thank god for Carol. I’m so glad she’s still bad-ass.

by Anonymousreply 416November 12, 2018 7:40 AM

What is up with Carol's hair? After all those years with short hair, which was practical and looked good on her, they gave her a long ratty weave that makes her look like a crazy homeless person? Her husband is black and wears his hair in dreads. Unlikely that he wouldn't teach her how to braid it so it at least looked neat and less likely to get tangled up in walker guts. All the new hairdos to telegraph a time jump is so unnecessary since all of the kids are quite a bit older. How can that kid be Rick's when the current season has fast forwarded six years? The baby looks to be around 2 years old. Those idiot Saviours didn't know Carol by now? And why take her wedding ring? To justify killing them? Taking their stuff would be sufficient grounds since supplies are scarce. So many freaking plot holes. Can't even get into the Rosalita/Eugene nonsense. Hate the female prisioner. She's got to be a whisperer mole.

by Anonymousreply 417November 12, 2018 8:01 AM

Too many precocious kids... ugh

by Anonymousreply 418November 12, 2018 9:34 AM

[quoye]And why take her wedding ring? To justify killing them?

She clearly said why she threw the match.

by Anonymousreply 419November 12, 2018 9:40 AM

An awful lot of stupid behavior.

by Anonymousreply 420November 12, 2018 9:54 AM

Maybe the kid isn’t Rick’s?

by Anonymousreply 421November 12, 2018 10:13 AM

The kid seemed too small to be around 5

by Anonymousreply 422November 12, 2018 10:16 AM

With our luck the kid will be Negan's, they will do anything to keep that shitty character on the show

by Anonymousreply 423November 12, 2018 10:17 AM

She said it was because they threatened her son, r419. I was half asleep by that time. But that still doesn't explain why he took the wedding ring. And he could have killed Henry but he let him live. Stupid motivations. Stupid dialogue. Stupid everything about this episode. Only new character with any potential is Dan Fogler's.

by Anonymousreply 424November 12, 2018 11:55 AM

All the new hooking up is kind of icky. Rosita and da Fadda? Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 425November 12, 2018 11:56 AM

They had to give Rosita something to do. She's pretty pointless. So now she's Gabriel's girlfriend.

Eugene- will he ever get laid? He's not hideous and is basically a good guy. Surely some women is horny enough to sleep with him/date him, no?

by Anonymousreply 426November 12, 2018 2:57 PM

The kid looked to be about four. I'm sure when we see him longer and in the daytime he'll look five.

Judith though, she looks seven. She's super tiny.

by Anonymousreply 427November 12, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote] I was half asleep by that time.

Says it all.

by Anonymousreply 428November 12, 2018 3:09 PM

Judith looks like Lori.

by Anonymousreply 429November 12, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote]They had to give Rosita something to do. She's pretty pointless.

I still don't know why Rosita is alive and Denise is dead. At least she always came off as very different from the other actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 430November 12, 2018 11:06 PM

Six years have gone by. If Rick were still alive and/or an important part of whatever group he was taken by then he surely would have asked them to take the rest of his group. Assuming that the people who took him and Ann are good then why wouldn't they take his word that the people in Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom all have something to contribute. I can see how these mini-movies might be more entertaining than the show. The Saviours are gone and Negan could be left all alone as the ultimate punishment.

by Anonymousreply 431November 12, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote] Assuming that the people who took him and Ann are good then why wouldn't they take his word that the people in Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom all have something to contribute. I can see how these mini-movies might be more entertaining than the show. The Saviours are gone and Negan could be left all alone as the ultimate punishment.

The theory is that when Jadis/Anne was calling people "As" or "Bs" she meant "Before" or "After" being turned.

Gabriel was originally a "B" but when he threatened to tell Rick what was going on she decided he was an "A" and was about to turn him.

She said Rick was a "B."

Maybe, finally, they're getting back to the idea of a group of scientists trying to find a cure for the virus which caused all of this which would, of course, be a cause for secrecy. I don't think the idea of a cure has been discussed since a group of them killed themselves in the CDC explosion years ago.

by Anonymousreply 432November 13, 2018 6:23 AM

So are the dead that were speaking "Whisperers" or actual evolving zombies?

by Anonymousreply 433November 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Thats a good theory r432. Makes sense and I like it. I would like to see some people trying to find a cure.

I guess Pollyanna Macintosh was messing with us when she called Chris Hardwick an A on the talking dead. Such a Jadis thing to do!

by Anonymousreply 434November 13, 2018 3:20 PM

How did Judith get Rick's gun? He used it to blow up the bridge. I assume it went into the river with him.

by Anonymousreply 435November 13, 2018 3:54 PM

Wouldn't they have seen the helicopter arriving to take Rick away?

by Anonymousreply 436November 13, 2018 4:54 PM

Carol looks like she's wearing Jamie Lee's wig from Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 437November 13, 2018 5:46 PM

What was Jadis trying to do with her pet zombie that she almost used on Gabriel? Was that to turn B’s into A’s, or before into afters?

by Anonymousreply 438November 13, 2018 5:54 PM

Can someone explain the Whisperers to me? What's the point in pretending to be zombies when you'd be so much quicker and mobile not pretending to be undead?

by Anonymousreply 439November 13, 2018 6:49 PM

Melissa and Jamie Lee could be sisters. Wouldn't it be dangerous to walk around pretending to be a walker when someone with a gun, or bow and arrow, or really quick with a knife could kill you before you could yell I'm just pretending! And who would want to walk around covered in walker goo all the time? Isn't that how the Fadda lost his eyesight?

by Anonymousreply 440November 14, 2018 12:19 AM

So the A's are going to be research subjects who have turned and the B's are humans with skills that can be utilized by the group with the helicopter? And weird Jadis was tasked with making the decision of who would be an asset in exchange for supplies for her people? So who will be their new contact?

by Anonymousreply 441November 14, 2018 12:26 AM

[quote]Wouldn't it be dangerous to walk around pretending to be a walker when someone with a gun, or bow and arrow, or really quick with a knife could kill you before you could yell I'm just pretending!

If you're in a herd of walkers it seems like people would run the other way to avoid you or if they're attacking the herd they'll attack the ones at the front so all you'd have to do is stay in the middle or back. There's way more dead than people at this point.

Also here's a pretty good article on the A & B theory with examples of the times Jadis used it.

I also just realized that Jadis said she was a teacher so that would prove to be useful to a group of scientists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442November 14, 2018 12:38 AM

So there's this group of scientists who have the means to support themselves all this time (and run a helicopter) but they can't catch their own walkers or living people?

by Anonymousreply 443November 14, 2018 12:06 PM

Good point about people pretending to be walkers getting shot and walking slow. And why you have to be careful turning comics into a series watched by people other than 13 year olds. Now the whole thing just sounds stupid. Like Negan.

by Anonymousreply 444November 14, 2018 9:28 PM

I've a feeling the Whisperers pretending to be Walkers will be somehow related to the theory about Jadis and the Helicopter People looking for healthy test subjects so they pretend to be Walkers to evade capture.

I used to love this series so much but it's become almost unrecognisable.

by Anonymousreply 445November 14, 2018 9:47 PM

Heres hoping for some Aaron and Jesus this episode!

by Anonymousreply 446November 19, 2018 1:10 AM

I like Judith. I like the Dan Fogelman character. They have replaced Carl with an AA teen. And found a replacement for Sasha. I don't think the prison chick is going to last long. Tara was almost unrecognizable. Where is Maggie that she's writing letters to Hilltop? Hermit Darryl is a mess. Carol's hair is hideous. What is the point of giving her that stupid hairdo? So Aaron doesn't have to have a cgi amputated arm? Cool.

by Anonymousreply 447November 19, 2018 1:25 AM

The guy DJ who is riding with Michonne is hot. Is he a former saviour?

by Anonymousreply 448November 19, 2018 1:38 AM

Maggie went with the lady Georgie. The one who wanted records. I think we've only seen her once.

by Anonymousreply 449November 19, 2018 1:40 AM

The kid who plays Henry is the brother of the actress who played Sophia.

by Anonymousreply 450November 19, 2018 1:42 AM

Is Rick dead yet? I haven't watched for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 451November 19, 2018 1:51 AM

R450 he's also the older brother of the kid who used to play Henry.

by Anonymousreply 452November 19, 2018 1:58 AM

Was that fucking C. Thomas Howell on that horse?

by Anonymousreply 453November 19, 2018 2:01 AM

Yes. I saw his name in the opening credits, but totally forgot about him. Thanks for the reminder!

by Anonymousreply 454November 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Three of the four Lintz kids have now played Carol's kids on TwD. Neat.

by Anonymousreply 455November 19, 2018 2:05 AM

I'm still trying to get used to the feel of the show... it's very different w/o Rick (and Maggie?). The tension seems to be gone.

by Anonymousreply 456November 19, 2018 2:07 AM

R451 no ricks not dead. He was injured and helicoptered off the show and won't be back.

But he's getting some tv movies about Rick in the next few years.

Rick Grimes lives.

by Anonymousreply 457November 19, 2018 2:08 AM

Dan Fogler doesn't look like a 'Luke' to me. Should've just been called Dan.

The brown and white horse that either jesus or Aaron was riding was gorgeous. I want to see him every episode.

by Anonymousreply 458November 19, 2018 2:15 AM

The kid that plays Henry was screamingly gay on Talking Dead. He’s cute too.

by Anonymousreply 459November 19, 2018 4:48 AM

That was boring. I have watched every episode but this episode was just boring.

by Anonymousreply 460November 19, 2018 7:16 AM

[quote]Was that fucking C. Thomas Howell on that horse?

Michael Cudlitz who played Abraham and now the father in "The Kids Are alright" made his directorial debut with this episode. He is good friends with CTH and asked him to do the scene. Howell agreed as long as he didn't die so he could possibly come back.

To comic readers...do the walkers start to talk?

by Anonymousreply 461November 19, 2018 9:15 AM

Carol's hair is not fooling me. She is still a lesbian under all of that mess.

by Anonymousreply 462November 19, 2018 3:23 PM

C. Thomas Howell starred in Southland with Cudlitz. Both were excellent in the under appreciated and overlooked series.

by Anonymousreply 463November 19, 2018 3:48 PM

Why are there so many zombies 7-9 years into the apocalypse? Shouldn’t they be dying off now?

by Anonymousreply 464November 19, 2018 5:12 PM

I am surprisingly loving this season, and I totally did not expect to. Funny, when you lower your expectations.

The story is making a big difference, because there's a ton more dialogue, and less guns and fighting. Plus, there IS an actual story, which gets back to the roots of the show.

The only thing I'm not liking is that Daryl still doesn't have a personality. If he's going to be the lead for the show, he needs to give more. Or his character should be given more, I should say. I know that he's a much better actor than what he's showing, because I've seen him in other things, and he doesn't suck. Even in real life, he is much more engaging than he is on the show.

As for Carol's hair, I like it. Michonne's too. Just these slight changes have given the show a different feel, which I think was necessary.

[quote] The guy DJ who is riding with Michonne is hot

Yes! Yes! Yes! I need to give DJ a BJ. He is so hot. I would love to see them expand his character. For some reason, this show never gives the really cute guys more air time. I don't know why.

[quote] The kid that plays Henry was screamingly gay on Talking Dead.

That's surprising. He must be a really good actor, then, because he doesn't give off a gay vibe at all, on the show. Except when he was checking out Daryl undressing in the woods... lol. *wink, wink*

by Anonymousreply 465November 19, 2018 5:13 PM

This episode made me sad. The show is really off the rails and filled with characters I could give zero fucks about.

by Anonymousreply 466November 19, 2018 8:17 PM

Dang, when they had the scene of Jesus and Aaron sparring in the woods, I was thinking that we were gonna see them make out but NOTHING. I would have even settled for a quick peck on the lips. Maybe next week, and at least before the mid season break, please!

by Anonymousreply 467November 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Same. I was expecting to see them getting frisky.

And later when Jesus was talking with Tara on the stairs, I thought she would tease him a bit about having secret rendezvous with Aaron in the woods, and he'd be adorably flustered about it, but nothing.

by Anonymousreply 468November 19, 2018 9:06 PM

Kind of a boring episode, but I appreciate the lack of Negan. Any Jesus scenes are good, too.

Tara did look different when we first saw her. Was it because her hair was down, maybe? Took me a sec to realize it was her.

Siddiq's little ponytail is hilarious.

Daryl would definitely name his dog, 'dog'.

by Anonymousreply 469November 19, 2018 9:12 PM

Yeah it was a boring episode.

Why were Jesus and Aaron so chaste?

by Anonymousreply 470November 19, 2018 9:20 PM

More Jesus and Aaron, please. They are the best thing about this show. Carol's little gay son is cute.

by Anonymousreply 471November 19, 2018 9:28 PM

Holy shit this episode was dull.

by Anonymousreply 472November 19, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]Why are there so many zombies 7-9 years into the apocalypse? Shouldn’t they be dying off now?

Zombies are already dead. What would be they be "dying" from?

by Anonymousreply 473November 19, 2018 10:45 PM

Starvation?

by Anonymousreply 474November 19, 2018 10:48 PM

The zombies are decaying over time. Eventually, you’d think they’d fall apart. Of course, applying logic to zombies is a fool’s errand.

by Anonymousreply 475November 19, 2018 10:49 PM

Has it been established that they need "food" to survive?

by Anonymousreply 476November 19, 2018 10:50 PM

You might as well ask if zombies piss or shit.

by Anonymousreply 477November 19, 2018 10:52 PM

I wish we still had Coral. I wonder if the producers got rid of him to make it easier to swallow that Rick is off having adventures elsewhere. Judith was 1) just a baby and 2) not actually his child, so he might convince himself she doesn’t need him if she’s got others (esp. Michonne). But if Coral were alive, there’s no way Rick would not move heaven and earth to get back to him.

by Anonymousreply 478November 19, 2018 10:54 PM

They seem VERY food motivated.

by Anonymousreply 479November 19, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]Dang, when they had the scene of Jesus and Aaron sparring in the woods, I was thinking that we were gonna see them make out but NOTHING. I would have even settled for a quick peck on the lips. Maybe next week, and at least before the mid season break, please!

It's AMC not FX and their fans would revolt.

by Anonymousreply 480November 19, 2018 11:44 PM

Aaron kissed Eric before onscreen, didn't he? I seem to remember that.

Did they ever show Tara and Denise kissing?

by Anonymousreply 481November 20, 2018 12:22 AM

People in the VA area have been killing zombies for 7 years now. So I’m questioning why there are so damn many after all this carnage.

R478 I wonder if it was the other way around - once Coral was gone, Andrew Lincoln was outta there.

by Anonymousreply 482November 20, 2018 1:02 AM

We saw Aaron and Eric kiss. They were a terrible match, Aaron needs a hottie like Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 483November 20, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]People in the VA area have been killing zombies for 7 years now. So I’m questioning why there are so damn many after all this carnage.

And all in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 484November 20, 2018 2:14 AM

Howcome nobody wants to see Aaron and Daryl get together?

I thought that it was significant that Daryl took a liking to Aaron from way back in season five, when Aaron managed to get Daryl to eat spaghetti at his house.

Then Aaron followed Daryl into the woods to go hunting with him, and when they got stuck in the midst of a horde of Walkers, Daryl offered to sacrifice his life, so that Aaron could make it out.

And more recently, when Aaron got injured by the logs and had to get his arm cut off, Daryl was by his bedside.

To me, they make more sense as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 485November 20, 2018 1:47 PM

We're all about Daryl and Henry now.

by Anonymousreply 486November 20, 2018 1:53 PM

R485 Daryl's not likely to have any romantic partner, especially not a man. The fanboys would Not like Daryl being gay. Wasn't there backlash a few years ago when someone associated with the show hinted that Daryl might possibly be gay? Especially now that he's the new Rick, Daryl has to be hetero to not lose any more viewers. Shame, because I could see him with either Aaron or Jesus.

I'm hoping for an Aaron/Jesus relationship because it could actually happen. And I think they're both cute.

Though, has it been mentioned on the show that Jesus is gay?

by Anonymousreply 487November 20, 2018 2:25 PM

[quote]Though, has it been mentioned on the show that Jesus is gay?[quote]

In season 7, Jesus was talking to Maggie and mentioned something about a boyfriend (before the zombies). No more details than that.

by Anonymousreply 488November 20, 2018 2:31 PM

The talking walkers freak me the fuck out. Are they really zombies or, like mentioned, are they people hiding among the walkers?

by Anonymousreply 489November 20, 2018 2:31 PM

Jesus/Aaron's play fighting was pure suggestion of a sexual relationship. Either we're being gaybaited or they're supposed to be fucking.

by Anonymousreply 490November 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Why would anyone want to get NEAR Darryl let alone have sex with him? Imagine the ticks you would have to pick off him and the green toenails from the fungus growing on them, crotch rot, leech lesions, lice, crabs living in that smelly bush. Let me at him.

by Anonymousreply 491November 20, 2018 3:00 PM

Sophia grew up to be a hottie. She's charming too. They should create a role for her on the show. She would definitely be more interesting than the mopey "nurse".

by Anonymousreply 492November 20, 2018 3:04 PM

Daryl did wash his hands in this episode. Thats the first time I've seen him wash anything in nine years. What a pig.

by Anonymousreply 493November 20, 2018 3:50 PM

For what it's worth. But at least it's being addressed in the mainstream media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494November 22, 2018 9:21 AM

I knew he'd be called R.J.. Little Rick Grimes jr. That's cute.

by Anonymousreply 495November 26, 2018 1:34 AM

Jesus' neck sweat is getting me quite hot and bothered. Mmmm.

by Anonymousreply 496November 26, 2018 1:39 AM

The whisperers are live people who wear zombie skin and guide the zombies to do their dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 497November 26, 2018 1:46 AM

How long before Henry's new douchebag friends get killed? Not the girl- they will keep her around for Henry's new gf (especially since Enid is taken (lucky bitch, Alden is hot))

Is the old blacksmith the guy who was married to Brett Butler's character? Or is he new to us?

by Anonymousreply 498November 26, 2018 1:54 AM

Whhhhhyyyyyyy!?! Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 499November 26, 2018 2:07 AM

WTF. Why kill Jesus and not Eugene? If they had to kill someone.

We finally got a potential hot gay hookup and now it's over. Not even a make out session.

Though, I saw Jesus breathing on the ground so...maybe he's not dead?

There wasn't any reason for Jesus to stay behind for those extra 30 seconds to fight.

by Anonymousreply 500November 26, 2018 2:08 AM

Tom Payne looks fine as hell on Talking Dead. Nice shiny hair and tan skin. Yum.

Fuck all the TWD writers!!

by Anonymousreply 501November 26, 2018 2:11 AM

Bury your gays.

by Anonymousreply 502November 26, 2018 2:14 AM

Damn, I decided to stick with the show after Rick left because I 100% thought Aaron and Jesus would now get together. Guess that won't be happening. This sucks.

by Anonymousreply 503November 26, 2018 2:23 AM

They killed Jesus? Gay Jesus? I’m glad I stopped watching years ago.

by Anonymousreply 504November 26, 2018 2:30 AM

This article just posted in the Hollywood Reporter has an interview with showrunner Angela Kang. She says that Aaron and Jesus were never going to be a couple, they were just great friends.

She also said that they talked about the cliche of "Bury your gays," but killing him off was just something they needed to do. The article is fuzzy about whether actor Tom Payne asked to get out of the series and that's part of what happened. Tom Payne has told the Hollywood Reported that the exit was a "mutual decision".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 26, 2018 2:30 AM

Also-

[quote] 'They knew I was a bit unhappy': 'The Walking Dead' star says he was frustrated and bored with his role on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 26, 2018 2:37 AM

If he was bored what better way to spice things up than with a hot new romance?

Or they could have let Tom have a more action packed role and let him do karate and shit whilst fighting the whispers.

by Anonymousreply 507November 26, 2018 2:48 AM

Yup world ends, all the living people gather and one gay couple and one lesbian - they kill the lesbian's gf, kill the gay's husband and if you even hint at being gay - you get bit, or stabbed or killed.

by Anonymousreply 508November 26, 2018 2:50 AM

So we lose Jesus and get Negan back. Wonderful /s/.

by Anonymousreply 509November 26, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote] Why kill Jesus and not Eugene? If they had to kill someone. We finally got a potential hot gay hookup and now it's over. Not even a make out session.

We've got a BINGO!

Tom was bored, why wouldn't he, he had nothing to do, be but he didn't want to go. FYI Tom Payne is even more pretty in real life and those eyes are amazing in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510November 26, 2018 3:10 AM

God damn it.

I was ready for Aaron and Jesus to spit roast Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 511November 26, 2018 3:23 AM

When Michonne brought the new group to Hilltop and was talking to that fat cunt Tara, why didn't she ask about Maggie's whereabouts? Not even curious? I might have missed this in another episode, but aside from hearing that Maggie went away when Tara and Jesus were talking, were there any other details about why she left and where? I take it they left it open for her to return, in a film---like Rick.

Shame about Jesus dying...there is just no one I give a shit about now. I say kill everyone off now and let's put an end to all the nonsense. Such a good beginning but now a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 512November 26, 2018 3:26 AM

Tara or Jesus mentioned that Maggie went with Georgie- the lady who was in an episode one or two seasons ago (I can't remember) and gave the hilltop the manual to help them build for thefuture. I think it was called The Key. Georgie wanted records in exchange. She also had those butch female twins who wanted pickles and cheese or something.

So we know where maggie is (or at least who she is with). Why she left we don't know, but it might have something to do with whatever fractured the groups. She wanted to get away from all the old drama and start fresh.

From what it seems like, Michonne was real unreasonable/unhelpful after Rick died and wouldn't help anyone but Alexandria.

by Anonymousreply 513November 26, 2018 3:44 AM

Damn - the thing I was most interested in with this 'reboot' was Jesus and Aaron. I could never figure out why they introduced Jesus, who had so much potential to be a cool character like Micchone was, and they just ... placed him in the background like a prop most of the time. No wonder the actor was bored. He saw the comics and saw how cool his character was and yet on the show, he was a glorified extra most of the time. Then they finally give him something to do, showing the potential the character should have had all along, just so the audience would care more when they killed him off. I actually think the show was making some improvements this season but this was another short sighted decision.

by Anonymousreply 514November 26, 2018 3:47 AM

R512 next season would be a great time to end it. season 10. They could do the whispers this season and part of next if they have to, and then focus on all the groups getting alone for the future. Maybe get back to the cure angle. Leave it on a positive note.

Or...drop a nuke on them all.

What's going on currently in the comics? How far ahead are they from the whispers? What's the next big bad villain?

by Anonymousreply 515November 26, 2018 3:57 AM

Henry reminds me of Smalls from The Sandlot.

by Anonymousreply 516November 26, 2018 4:00 AM

Ratings of the show continue to plummet despite the reboot.

Interestingly despite the ratings nosedive, AMC continues to talk about TWD spinoffs and movies. Deck chairs on the Titanic?

by Anonymousreply 517November 26, 2018 4:07 AM

Thanks for filling in the details, R513.

by Anonymousreply 518November 26, 2018 4:54 AM

They got called out for killing off the characters who happened to be black, no matter how popular they were, so they went for the gays. Did you see the look on Fattie's face when the conversation on Talking Dead turned to speculation as to whether Aaron and Jesus had ever hooked up? Hardwicke did and quickly changed the subject.

by Anonymousreply 519November 26, 2018 6:50 AM

Pubescent Henry is already a bore. As are his new "friends". Replay of Caaarl, Enid, and Jesse's older son teenaged angst. Do they really think we don't notice how often they repeat plot lines?

by Anonymousreply 520November 26, 2018 7:32 AM

Aaron and Jesus are together in the comics, which Kirkman writes, so I don't think he'd have a problem with them dating on the show

by Anonymousreply 521November 26, 2018 7:45 AM

I am really loving this season. It's the first time in two years that I have actually watched an episode more than once. In fact, there were episodes last season that I didn't even bother to watch, because it was so Negan heavy, and full of just stupid gunfights and Saviors.

The suspense and the scariness are the best parts about this season, followed by the story. I'm actually invested in the story, which hasn't happened for me in years.

Henry's character is actually likable. I adore the relationship that he has with Carol. You can really feel the love and emotion between them.

There is more substance to Henry in this one season, than Carl had in eight seasons on the show.

I'm waiting for Henry's twink friends to die. Bunch of assholes.

[quote] I could never figure out why they introduced Jesus, who had so much potential to be a cool character like Micchone was, and they just ... placed him in the background like a prop most of the time. No wonder the actor was bored. He saw the comics and saw how cool his character was and yet on the show, he was a glorified extra most of the time. Then they finally give him something to do, showing the potential the character should have had all along, just so the audience would care more when they killed him off.

You nicely summed up the problem with the showrunners for the past three seasons. They just make the WORST decisions ever, in terms of storyline. And then they try to make amends for it in one episode, which makes the viewers even angrier.

I just wish that they would get their act together, because despite the bad decision making, the show has actually taken a turn for the better.

by Anonymousreply 522November 26, 2018 10:41 AM

The biggest problem with the show right now, is AMC network interference.

During Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick actually had to read this bizarre statement about Lauren Cohan. It said something to the effect that Rick's last episode was her last episode for season nine, but that they "hope she will return for either the 'big show' or in some of the spinoffs." Then Hardwick said how much he loves Lauren Cohan, and she will be missed.

Again, what a bizarre announcement, coming in the middle of Talking Dead. She hasn't even been written off the show. Her character is basically in limbo, pending whatever she or AMC decides.

What that tells me, is that something is obviously wrong with how the show is being run. The actors are very unhappy, what with Cohan's salary negotiations, Tom Payne openly complaining about his character (and then being immediately written off the show), and Andrew Lincoln leaving.

The actors always used to rave about the camaraderie on the set of Walking Dead, but that really doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

AMC is a real shit network, because it treats the actors like absolute crap.

by Anonymousreply 523November 26, 2018 10:47 AM

Interesting bit of trivia:

Matt Lintz who plays "Henry" on Walking Dead, also played one of the boy whores (Stevie) in "The Alienist" on TNT.

I had no idea, until I looked him up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 26, 2018 11:34 AM

Whoops, correction.

The character of "Stevie" wasn't one of the boy whores. He was Dr. Kreizler's apprentice on The Alienist. He was just pretending to be a boy whore, to trap the killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 26, 2018 11:45 AM

How come that walker they'd trapped in the hole in the ground had survived an arrow to the brain?

by Anonymousreply 526November 26, 2018 1:20 PM

It looked like a playing dart to me. The assholes were throwing darts at the walker for fun.

by Anonymousreply 527November 26, 2018 4:02 PM

Matt was good in the Alienist. I liked Stevie. I hope we get a season 2 of that show.

I guess Tara will now become the leader of Hilltop?

Who was the lady who went back to the Kingdom with Carol? I don't know her name, and who did she want to see there? Jerry?

by Anonymousreply 528November 26, 2018 4:05 PM

This season has been better than I expected. Not amazing, but better.

by Anonymousreply 529November 26, 2018 4:06 PM

How much substance did you expect from Carl when the character, and the actor who played him, was just a little kid when the show started? I thought he had plenty of substance. He went from a typical kid who chafed at the bit of the limitations placed on him on as to where he could go and what he could do because of the danger they faced from Walkers. He stole Darryl's gun, tormented the walker that ultimately got loose and killed Dale, he had to kill his own mother before she turned after delivering his little sister, he killed the kid who was trying to surrender in cold blood. That, along with how dismissive and hateful he was to his father because he didn't kill the Governor when he had the chance, even voicing out loud that he wished he would die, was quite a character arc for an inexperienced kid actor to play. I thought he was one of the best actors on the show. Henry will have no such chance to prove himself.

by Anonymousreply 530November 26, 2018 5:27 PM

Sounds like Cohan and AMC couldn't agree on a new contract and they told her to have a nice life. But left the door open if she changes her mind and accepts less money. Cheap bastards. Isn't Payne playing Spock on the reboot of Star Trek on CBS All Access?

by Anonymousreply 531November 26, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote] The assholes were throwing darts at the walker for fun

Plus the asian kid "Rodney" was pissing on the walker, which is why Henry got mad.

by Anonymousreply 532November 26, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote] Isn't Payne playing Spock on the reboot of Star Trek on CBS All Access?

It looked like it during a commercial preview of the movie, which aired during Walking Dead.

In fact, there are two WD alums. Payne, and Sonequa Green who played Sasha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 26, 2018 5:39 PM

Cohan has a network pilot. Her future probably depends on whether it is picked up.

by Anonymousreply 534November 26, 2018 5:42 PM

They killed Jesus? And was the TV version of the character an out gay man? I fast forwarded through so much of this show during the past two years and have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 535November 26, 2018 7:24 PM

[quote] Who was the lady who went back to the Kingdom with Carol? I don't know her name, and who did she want to see there? Jerry?

I forgot her name, but she was originally from the Kingdom with King Ezekiel and Jerry. She was mainly in the background in the past seasons, but she had a couple of short scenes and had a line or two. She was part of the crew when that Savior was yelling at Ezekiel for shorting them on melons, the day Morgan lost his mind.

by Anonymousreply 536November 26, 2018 7:27 PM

Thanks for the link r505. So kang says that even though we won't get a Jesus/Aaron pairing, it's okay because Magda and Yukimo are lesbians who represent the LGBTQ fans and will even kiss! Joy! Two people we don't give a shit about are in a relationship, but two guys we actually know and like are 'just close friends'. Totally lame.

I would've thought Tom Payne would have been for the pairing, but from what I've read, he didn't want Jesus and Aaron together. Said it was lazy to put the two gay guys together.

What I think is lazy is pairing up rosita and Gabriel just because neither character (especially rosita) is important or has shit to do.

by Anonymousreply 537November 27, 2018 3:13 AM

They may end next season but they plan on doing three movies for it - bringing Rick back. God I hope Negan gets killed ..I cannot stand another 59 episodes about him.

by Anonymousreply 538November 27, 2018 3:17 AM

[quote] (Tom Payne) Said it was lazy to put the two gay guys together.

I think he meant the pairing was not justified by any of the writing to date. There was no relationship build at all in the story. He also was correct that his character was completely under-developed and ignored by the writers. I was excited that Jesus was joining the story, but quickly realized the writers didn't care about the character at all. Instead of a kick-ass fighter, he seemed more like Maggie's confidante or hairdresser. (She cut her hair after they got close.) Total waste of a great character in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 539November 27, 2018 3:26 AM

Rosita, Enid and Tara are all annoying as fuck. Why haven't any of them been offed by now? Yet they kill Jesus? And it was such a quick kill, too---the writers couldn't be bothered to give him a decent send-off scene.

And that little idiot, Henry, makes me want to puke--such a bland and gullible kid. Has he learned nothing growing up? I hope Carol sees him as a walker as she did Sofia (since the writers can't write new and interesting material) and that she has to put him down.

by Anonymousreply 540November 27, 2018 3:28 AM

The actors said on Talking Dead that given six years had passed, their characters probably got together.

by Anonymousreply 541November 27, 2018 3:29 AM

Jesus seemed too cool to me to actually be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 542November 27, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote] The actors said on Talking Dead that given six years had passed, their characters probably got together.

And yet in the scenes where Aaron and Jesus were alone and practicing fighting, you get almost Zero indication that there was anything else going on there. I'll go with the showrunner's observation that they were just great friends. That's how it was written and played as far as I could see. Why does there have to be secret subtext in this comic book show, a deeper relationship that is never seen, never spoken of, never acted, but assumed to be there? Oh yeah, to shut up the whiny gay fans, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 543November 27, 2018 3:35 AM

R533 Payne is not playing Spock. The actor who’s playing the role is named Ethan Peck.

by Anonymousreply 544November 27, 2018 5:26 AM

[quote] (Tom Payne) Said it was lazy to put the two gay guys together.

[quote] I think he meant the pairing was not justified by any of the writing to date. There was no relationship build at all in the story.

You're right about that. In fact, Tom mentioned on Talking Dead, that he and Ross Marquand had barely worked together before that. He said that they didn't really have any scenes together, prior to this season, so why would they all of a sudden be together as a couple?

That's when Chris Hardwick asked the "most asked question" by viewers, if those two had ever hooked up in the six year interim, and Tom Payne said. "Probably. Sure, why not?" And he just laughed.

by Anonymousreply 545November 27, 2018 4:48 PM

Tom also seemed annoyed at being fired, so it wasn't "a mutual decision."

He said that he was with his girlfriend one day and got a phone call from Angela Kang. And he joked with his gf that, "oh, I think it's 'the call.'"

Then he said he was only kidding, but it really WAS "the call" that he was being fired. So he seemed shocked by it.

He also grumbled that it took him three years to grow out his hair for the character, and then boom... he gets fired.

Lastly, when Chris Hardwick asked him at the end of the show if he had anything to say to his fans, he said the usual blah blah blah stuff, and added that there were "ups and downs, and times where he got frustrated" (with the show).

He really didn't hold back. He basically told the truth, which completely contradicts the "official statement" from AMC.

by Anonymousreply 546November 27, 2018 4:51 PM

This show is still on?

by Anonymousreply 547November 28, 2018 3:14 PM

No, it isn't. Don't worry yourself about it. We're just role-playing.

by Anonymousreply 548November 28, 2018 4:10 PM

This is what pisses off fans, when they kill off characters that fans like and keep on Tara and Rosita. Jesus started off great, then was just forgotten. It was nice to see him in the mix again, but it ended up it was just to kill the character. And Kang should just admit that 14 year old boys (and men who act like them) don't want to see men kiss but think it's "cool" when chicks do.

by Anonymousreply 549November 28, 2018 8:28 PM

So the showrunners/writers have taken a (popular?) gay couple from the original comics and killed one of them off and made them Not Gay in the television series?

How the fuck can they get away with that? Giving us those stupid sign language lesbians ain't no compensation either.

by Anonymousreply 550November 28, 2018 8:34 PM

I lost interest when they killed off Abraham and Glen. What was the point? Glen had been there since the beginning. Abraham was a bad-ass. Both likeable.

by Anonymousreply 551November 28, 2018 8:37 PM

All the hooking up, first Gabriel and AnnE, and then Gabriel and Rosita?, Enid and the used to be hotter blacksmith, Carol and Ezekiel, Jerry and the fat Muslim chick, and soon Magda and Yamaguchi, is she the one with the barely concealed brit accent?, seems out of character for the show. What are the women who can still bear children using for birth control? Not a lot of rug rats running around.

by Anonymousreply 552November 28, 2018 10:35 PM

who cares if they had no scenes together, it is a 6 year time jump - the only two (that we know of) gay guys? someone's getting cornholed.

by Anonymousreply 553November 28, 2018 11:41 PM

The Walking Dead season 9 has already unveiled Whisperers leader Alpha but you’ve probably missed it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554November 29, 2018 9:42 PM

In one of the preview scenes from the second half of season 9 a short white woman with a shaved head was moving with a purpose but she was shot from the back so we couldn't see her face. I assumed that she was Alpha. If she was covered in walker goo then I wouldn't recognize her in that crowd. They only moved like humans when they attacked the group in the creepy cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 555November 30, 2018 2:37 AM

The comment about putting Aaron and Jesus together being "lazy" really pissed me off. As r552 says, look at all the pairings of all of the other main characters. There are only so many speaking/named roles, and those romantic pairings came from that pool of characters. What would be the odds of that happening, instead of them hooking up with any number of other citizens of Alexandria/Hilltop/The Kingdom? How is putting Jesus and Aaron together any lazier than that? I think they just don't want to alienate young male viewers who may find gay men together icky but approve of lesbians. My hope is that since they keep giving the bearded ex-Savior, D.J., more air time, maybe he could be a love interest for Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 556December 4, 2018 10:02 PM

Just have Daryl come out, once & for all

by Anonymousreply 557December 4, 2018 10:50 PM

I'm 100% on board for Aaron and DJ. Plus they both live in Alexandria, so that's helpful. (at least i think dj lives there). But we haven't seen them interact much so that would be a 'lazy' pairing, right? *eyeroll*

Daryl will never ever ever come out. Especially now that he's the new Rick.

In five, ten, fifteen years or whenever this show ends maybe Daryl will end up with carol. I think they'll be the last ones standing. And we know Reedus and Mcbride aren't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 558December 4, 2018 11:24 PM

Dayum, Michael Cudlitz isn't holding back!!

"You All Know That Sucked!"

Former The Walking Dead star Michael Cudlitz has slammed Rick Grimes' attack plan against Negan and the Saviours, claiming that the storyline "sucked".

The actor famously played Abraham on the AMC series before his character was killed by the bat-wielding Negan at the start of season 7.

However, it's fair to say he hasn't held back in slamming the way the Rick handled the retaliation against Negan and co, even suggesting that Rick should have been the one to die because of his actions.

"Let’s be real clear, if he was gonna kill anyone other than me and I had a choice, it would be Rick," Cudlitz said at Walker Staler Con Atlanta (via ComicBook.com). "Because how many more people was that asshole gonna get killed?

"'Hey, I got a plan, let’s show up to where all the Saviours are with 500 weapons, have them step 15 feet out into the balcony unarmed, and shoot the windows out above his head.' You all know that sucked."

Rick eventually fought back against the Saviours with the help of Maggie and King Ezekiel in season 8, though it seems Cudlitz wasn't exactly a big fan of it.

"It was like the A-Team showed up," he continued as he imitated Negan. "He’s right there! He’s right there! He walks out the door. It’s not even like he peeks out. He’s like 'Well, Rick! Ha ha ha! We better run!'"

Eugene star Josh McDermitt was also in attendance and was more diplomatic, saying: “I disagree, only because I’m still on the show and like my job. I thought it was great.”

Cudlitz admitted that his criticism was from a place of love, adding: “It’s like one of those things where you’re so into something and then you’re like, ‘really, guys?’ I get pissed off because I love it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559December 16, 2018 9:56 PM

This is what Ross Marquand said when asked about a future relationship for Aaron:

[quote]“I feel like at this stage in the show and in the apocalypse, I don’t know if finding love is a really critical thing at this point. I feel like we’re all like, ‘You know what? It’s not working out for the lovers, maybe we just get through each day and eat our food and plant crops and maybe we make that our focus,’” Marquand said at Walker Stalker Con New Jersey. Because now you’ve got the Whisperers, you’ve got all these other things you’ve got to worry about. I don’t think he’s worried about finding love or other things." Marquand added Aaron is focused instead on raising adopted daughter Gracie (Anabelle Holloway). “He’s already got baby Gracie, he’s got to take care of her,” Marquand said. “I feel like that’s where he’s putting all his unrequited love.”

It's similar to Tom Payne's shrugging and dismissing possible relationships, saying that putting Jesus and Aaron together would be "lazy", while heterosexual couples are being put together left and right. As for Ross' comments, every character on the show is dealing with the same apocalypse and yet the heterosexuals still try to be whole, loving human beings AND try to get through each day, provide for the community and protect each other. The gay men are the only ones being neutered.

by Anonymousreply 560December 25, 2018 1:43 AM

t Chilling Trailer For The Walking Dead Season 9B Teases Alpha

As you may have heard, season 9B will give the Whisperers a leader in the shape of Alpha, as played by Fantastic Beasts star Samantha Morton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561December 31, 2018 7:20 AM

I'm still amazed they got Morton to do this. I know she's not exactly a big name in America, but she is a two time Oscar nominee and a respected actress. She's either a big fan of the series or in need of a steady paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 562December 31, 2018 7:29 AM

I'm watching the WD marathon, and I'm starting to see where the show jumped the shark. And then over, and over, and over again.

One turning point was Glenn's fakeout death. That was lame.

Second was Abraham and Glenn getting their heads bashed in. Too gross.

Third was the garbage people Ridiculous way of speaking and ridiculous ritualistic and coordinated movements.

Fourth was the excessive violence of Negan. His character is just so fucking awful. From bashing people's heads in, to burning their faces with an iron, to tossing them in the furnace, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Negan is one of the worst characters on television, and it's no wonder people started tuning out after he joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 563December 31, 2018 11:03 AM

Spot on, R563.

by Anonymousreply 564December 31, 2018 11:27 AM

I want to start to watch this show because of Samantha

by Anonymousreply 565December 31, 2018 11:54 AM

This show is now directionless, esp when compared to the first few seasons. They just seem to be drifting from one ep to the next & making it up as they go along.

But AMC is going to milk it for all it can, for as long as possible. I think its the only really profitable show in their stable.

by Anonymousreply 566December 31, 2018 12:11 PM

I'm watching the marathon now, and Negan sucks!

He is so over-the-top, like some sort of cartoon character. Just fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 567December 31, 2018 7:03 PM

The CGI Tiger was ridiculous, as well.

by Anonymousreply 568December 31, 2018 9:09 PM

poster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569January 24, 2019 9:30 AM

The TV spot that aired during the SAG awards was legit great.

by Anonymousreply 570January 28, 2019 5:31 AM

when is it coming back on tv?

by Anonymousreply 571January 28, 2019 5:42 AM

February 10, R571.

by Anonymousreply 572January 28, 2019 10:15 AM

The Walking Dead showrunner shares intel on new villain Alpha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573January 29, 2019 12:53 PM

t The Walking Dead replaces Game of Thrones as the most torrented TV show of the year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Renewed for Season 10.

Reedus and McBride getting massive raises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575February 4, 2019 10:21 PM

Don't miss the return tonight.

by Anonymousreply 576February 11, 2019 1:21 AM

Will Negan turn bad guy again?

by Anonymousreply 577February 11, 2019 1:23 AM

Did anyone watch the episode yet?

by Anonymousreply 578February 11, 2019 3:16 AM

Boy, Rosita's just a big old slut, isn't she?

Is there anyone in camp that she HASN'T slept with?

by Anonymousreply 579February 11, 2019 5:25 AM

R563 is correct

by Anonymousreply 580February 11, 2019 7:59 AM

The new hairdos given the women are ridiculous and obvious wigs. Having a 9 or 10 year girl as a gun toting bad ass is beyond stupid. AMC renewed this shit for a tenth season ??

by Anonymousreply 581February 11, 2019 8:25 AM

So, Eugene is in love with Rosita, who is screwing Father Gabriel and is pregnant with Siddiq's baby. Yeah, let's hear again how it would be "lazy writing" for the writers to have put Aaron in a relationship with Jesus. Or let's hear Ross Marchand say Aaron isn't in a relationship because he doesn't have time for that, because it's the Apocalypse and he has a small child to look after.

by Anonymousreply 582February 12, 2019 1:47 PM

"'We really didn't feel that we had built up that relationship to that point in our show,' Kang told INSIDER when asked whether or not fans are supposed to interpret Aaron and Jesus as a couple."

This really pisses me off. Like they "built up" the relationship between Father Gabriel and Rosita? Or Siddiq and Rosita? Or Enid and Aiden? There was no build-up at all with these relationships, they just sprang them on the viewers. It's a double-standard for the gay men on the show.

by Anonymousreply 583February 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Norman Reedus is a terrible actor. They've killed off anyone with any acting ability and left us with a bunch of dopes.

by Anonymousreply 584February 12, 2019 6:47 PM

R582 and R583 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 585February 12, 2019 6:55 PM

I wanted to see last night’s rating. It had to be a new low.

by Anonymousreply 586February 12, 2019 8:19 PM

I DVR'ed it and just had to fast forward through most of it. It's really gotten bad.

by Anonymousreply 587February 15, 2019 2:19 AM

So the Whisperer girl that the Hilltop people caught - is she the Alpha's daughter?

And of course, she would be locked up next to big mouthed Henry, who told her every last detail about how to get to the Kingdom.

Now she can get loose, tell the Whisperers about the Kingdom, and murder them all.

Who didn't see that coming?

by Anonymousreply 588February 15, 2019 10:45 AM

r588, And of course, she would be locked up next to big mouthed Henry...horny teenaged Henry who is brooding over having lost Enid to Alden.

by Anonymousreply 589February 16, 2019 4:18 PM

That Alpha lady is scary looking. Like, really scary.

Her husband - on the other hand - is HAF!!!

Who's the the actor that plays him? I need to keep my eyes open for him.

by Anonymousreply 590February 18, 2019 10:20 PM

I didn’t like last night that 80% of the cast wasn’t on.

by Anonymousreply 591February 18, 2019 10:26 PM

I have watched every episode and participated in online forums discussing them. I am the type who keeps watching a series to the finish (still watching Shameless for example) But last night I think was it for me, I just don't care about these characters any more, with Rick and Carl gone it just is not the same.

by Anonymousreply 592February 18, 2019 11:28 PM

Agreed, R592. It’s no longer the same viewing experience.

by Anonymousreply 593February 19, 2019 1:15 AM

It's just confusing and boring now.

by Anonymousreply 594February 19, 2019 6:32 PM

"The Walking Dead" recorded its lowest ratings ever Sunday. Previous low in viewers was for its second-ever episode in 2010.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 20, 2019 4:24 PM

R595 Hardly surprising. Were they expecting a load of comic book geeks to tune in screaming "OMG SAMANTHA MORTON!"?

by Anonymousreply 596February 20, 2019 4:29 PM

It’s criminal how underrated Samantha is.

by Anonymousreply 597February 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Samantha would have been good with Rick around. I wonder if they will use Negan to go against Alpha as a way to redeem his character and make him the leader.

by Anonymousreply 598February 20, 2019 5:09 PM

They should wrap it up in Season 10.

The show has had a good run. A long run. They should go out with some dignity, and end with a bang.

Unfortunately, this won't happen. Especially with all of the mini-series things they have in work with Andrew Lincoln, and others.

AMC is going to work the fandom for every last penny. After all, those 10 executive producers have got to get PAID!

by Anonymousreply 599February 20, 2019 6:36 PM

So where are these Whisperers supposed to have been for the past six years?

by Anonymousreply 600February 25, 2019 7:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!