Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Walking Dead Season 9

Premieres Sunday October 9 on AMC, and it actually looks good now that Gimple is gone.

Daryl and Maggie turn on Rick.

Carol and Ezekiel hook up.

Tons of new people.

Rick dies.

And if I'm not mistaken... the zombies start to talk. Watch the very end of the trailer, and I think that the show is going to pay homage to George Romero, with thinking and talking zombies. That should be VERY interesting.

Looks like Walking Dead is going BALLS TO THE WALL for season 9. Could be epic!

by Anonymousreply 214Last Tuesday at 10:02 AM

It actually premieres on Sunday, October 7.

by Anonymousreply 109/21/2018

Will Carol come out this season?

by Anonymousreply 209/21/2018

The talking zombie thing is the worst idea I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 309/21/2018

They are not talking zombies. They are a new group of enemies disguised as zombies dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 409/21/2018

It's totally ridiculous R3, especially given the "canon" that was established in season one by Jenner at the CDC. He said that the victims are still dead, and that the virus stimulates only the body functions of needing to feed, but not the brain activity or the "who we were" part of our humanity.

It flat out established what the zombies could and could not do, which is why Kirkman said that he regretted having the group go to the CDC in season one.

However, I think that they are just throwing all of that out the window, especially given that #1) ratings are down, and #2) Rick is leaving. They needed SOMETHING to give the show new life.

by Anonymousreply 509/21/2018

Did you watch the trailer, DUMBASS at R4?

Did you ever see George Romero's "Land of the Dead?"

Perhaps you should do your research before engaging in name calling.

by Anonymousreply 609/21/2018

R6 LOL stop embarrassing yourself. There are no 'talking zombies' in TWD. They are called 'the whisperers' who are humans disguised as zombies. I have no idea why you feel the need to refer to another film. Again. DUMBASS.

by Anonymousreply 709/21/2018

Then you should have said that in the first place, ASSHOLE R4/R7. Not everybody reads the comics or works for AMC.

[quote] The Whisperers are a mysterious group of survivors who disguise themselves with roamer skin to blend in with them and not get noticed.

[quote] Pre-Apocalypse: Nothing is known about the Whisperers before or as the outbreak began, except that most of them may have lived in or near Washington, D.C..

[quote] Post-Apocalypse:The Whisperers are first seen following Marco and Ken. Later, Marco tells his fellow survivors that the undead are whispering to him, and his cohorts do not take him seriously. Later, after a search party is sent to look for Ken, Whisperers ambush Dante and two more men of the search party. They brutally stab the two men to death and keep Dante hostage.

"You came into our land. Killed our kind. Now we explore your land, learn about your people. You will see many of us. You will know us. You will fear us." —Alpha, the leader of the Whisperers

There. Now was that so hard, you condescending PRICK?

by Anonymousreply 809/21/2018

First five minutes of the new season is REVEALED!

by Anonymousreply 910/01/2018

Rick is looking hot as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 1010/01/2018

Is Aaron hitting on Hay Soos at the 3 minute mark at R9?

by Anonymousreply 1110/01/2018

Walking Dead marathon starts on Tuesday October 2.

Every episode in order, starting with Season 1, on AMC. (The best season)

Check your local listings.

by Anonymousreply 1210/01/2018

So what happened last season, I totally stopped watching because it was boring as fuck. Did they kill that guy?

by Anonymousreply 1310/01/2018

Negan is in prison.

Maggie and Daryl are pissed at Rick because he didn't kill Negan. So they are at odds, coming into season 9. They're also mad at Michonne, because she helped Rick save Negan.

Carl died.

The one thing we know for sure in season 9, is that Rick will die.

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2018

[quote] Negan is in prison. Maggie and Daryl are pissed at Rick because he didn't kill Negan.

Shocker.

Soooo glad I stopped watching this shitshow two years ago. Guys, do the same, you won't regret it, honest!

by Anonymousreply 1510/01/2018

r14? Prison? say what? Did civilization start up again, who guarding the prison? Makes perfect sense that the guy who bashed peoples heads in gets prison time in the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 1610/01/2018

[quote] Soooo glad I stopped watching this shitshow two years ago. Guys, do the same, you won't regret it, honest!

I think this season will be different. I could tell from the previews, there's a different vibe.

Scott Gimple was fired as showrunner, and there is a new one this season.

The colors are different, the scenery is different, and the writing should be better.

Gimple is fucking up Fear the Walking Dead, but thankfully he's not on this show anymore.

I'm going to give it one more shot and see how the new show runner does. Plus it's Andrew Lincoln's final season, so I'll watch just for sentimental reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1710/01/2018

R16, I'm guessing Negan is being held in that stupid prison cell that Morgan was building in Alexandria? Like that didn't foreshadow "Negan behind bars" from the first fucking split second I saw it!

R17, I agree that Scott Pimple is the one who ruined the show, though it was already stupid and boring before that. But he just went too far with the ridiculousness, like Glenn's death fakeout and the entire episode where the gang is herded into their confrontation with Negan. Not to mention the only reason there needed to be a confrontation was because they fucked up in the first place by immediately killing his men instead of, like, grabbing a brain and thinking about possible consequences. And those fucking Garbage People literally infuriated me, I fucking hated that fugly cunt leader and her ridiculous way of speaking.

So yeah, but no, I've made up my mind and will never ever come back to this shitshow. I watch tv to be entertained, not infuriated.

by Anonymousreply 1810/01/2018

R18, I'll keep you posted on this thread.

I really have a feeling that it won't be as ridiculous as it has been for the past four or five seasons that Pimple ran the show.

The execs know that fans have been tuning out in droves, so they also know that they need to change the direction of everything that's been going on for the past five years.

I truly believe that it's going to be different this season.

by Anonymousreply 1910/01/2018

After viewing the trailer, I think someone has been watching too many episodes of Little House On The Prairie.

Little Carrie sure has grown.

by Anonymousreply 2010/02/2018

Who's Carrie?

by Anonymousreply 2110/02/2018

Carrie was the youngest seldom seen daughter on "Little House On The Prairie".

Carrie = Judith.

by Anonymousreply 2210/02/2018

I stopped watching after season 2. The show had major plot holes and the zombies weren't even a real threat. They were slow as fuck and when they were destroyed, it looked like they were made out of paper mache.

by Anonymousreply 2310/02/2018

You mean this shit show is still on?

by Anonymousreply 2410/02/2018

Why does Maggie's hair grow longer, but Carole's doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 2510/02/2018

And so is SNL, r24. Time to get a new meme.

by Anonymousreply 2610/02/2018

Why would they put Carol together with King Ezekiel?

They had 8 seasons to hook up Carol and Daryl, which makes a hell of a lot more sense.

C & D would have been perfect together.

Carol doesn't strike me as the type to go for guys with dreadlocks.

by Anonymousreply 2710/02/2018

Do you think that Maggie or Daryl will end up killing Rick?

I do.

by Anonymousreply 2810/02/2018

Carol is a lesbian. Why would she go with a man?

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2018

R27 I wonder if the two actors really get along behind the scenes.

Whenever there is a group of TWD actors together she seems distant to him & prefers the company of others while trying to be "diplomatic".

The blind items about him imply that he is a drunk jerk who will have sex anywhere with a woman (not always the one he is committed to).

I wonder if she is repulsed by his behavior or had rejected him early on. She might have been on good terms with several of his exes.

by Anonymousreply 3010/02/2018

Are you talking about Norman Reedus / Daryl, R30?

Or Khary Payton who plays Ezekiel?

by Anonymousreply 3110/02/2018

I'll admit, I liked the idea of Carol and Daryl together, but it was also kinda creepy cuz she was more like his therapist or mom than a gf.

But Daryl and Beth would've made total sense, until the dumb bitch went for the wrong cop.

by Anonymousreply 3210/02/2018

[quote] Daryl and Beth would've made total sense, until the dumb bitch went for the wrong cop

You mean Dawn? Rofl.

I still love that character, especially because she loved slapping people in the face.

Beth got smacked twice, and I fucking loved it!

by Anonymousreply 3310/02/2018

I love this cast interview where Andrew Lincoln says the following:

"It feels like the show I fell in love with nine years ago, and it feels like we're making that again."

Damn, if that's not a dig at Scott Gimple, then I don't know what is. I guess that even the cast hated him and his direction for the show.

by Anonymousreply 3410/04/2018

Avi Nash (Siddiq) is super cute. Hope he sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 3510/04/2018

Avi Nash. HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 3610/04/2018

R36 hell to the nah nah nah

by Anonymousreply 3710/05/2018

R36 gross

by Anonymousreply 3810/05/2018

Was Rick killed off in the comic ?

Obviously, it is a zombie apocalypse show ..... but for me, killing off the lead character I've been rooting for for eight years just jumps the shark. The loss of Rick will create a big gaping hole.

by Anonymousreply 3910/05/2018

I agree, R39.

The entire Grimes family will be gone from the show, except for Judith who we know nothing about.

It's funny because Rick and Carl are still alive in the comic book. However, since stupid Gimple ruined the show by firing Chandler Riggs, and making the storyline stupid and boring as possible, that's why Andrew Lincoln is leaving as well.

I think that Lincoln would have left anyway, having done the show for nine years, but I have no doubt that Scott Gimple and the terrible direction he took the show in, had a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 4010/05/2018

I thought Chandler quit, to go to college?

by Anonymousreply 4110/05/2018

An insider here on an old thread, mentioned that they decided to fire Chandler before he turned 18, because they would have to had paid him much more money, according to SAG rules.

If you look it up, he was blindsided by his firing, because he had just bought a house in Georgia (thinking that he would be there a while), and his father was extremely pissed. He said some not so nice stuff about Gimple and AMC.

I have a feeling that a lot of these things contributed to AMC putting Gimple off the show.

by Anonymousreply 4210/05/2018

The show really jumped the shark with the "garbage people."

Their ridiculous outfits and the even more ridiculous way that they spoke, was just too stupid for words.

It was embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 4310/05/2018

Is anyone watching the Walking Dead marathon?

I forgot just how much I hate Negan.

by Anonymousreply 4410/06/2018

Almost every character on this show has had sex except Darryl - 9 years he has been a monk

Maybe he is asexual?

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2018

I think that the closest Daryl ever came to having sex, was with Beth in the cabin during season 5.

They were all alone together in a mountain cabin, and totally drunk off of moon shine. There was the slightest hint that Daryl wanted to have sex with her, when he said "lets go inside," or something like that. However, Beth said that she wanted to burn down the cabin instead, and that was that.

I don't know if there was some allusion to Daryl and Merle being molested by their drunken father, but it also seems likely. That's why they were both so fucked up at the beginning of the series.

So Daryl could indeed by asexual, perhaps because he was molested when he was younger.

Personally, I always thought that Aaron had the hots for him, and vice-versa. Too bad they didn't explore that angle. Aaron never really seemed that much into Eric. It was all about Daryl.

Later versions of Daryl are kind of gross to me, but season one Daryl was HOT AS FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2018

The evolution of Daryl's hair, lol.

by Anonymousreply 4710/06/2018

The Rick & Michonne romance is totally unbelievable - it would make more sense, and drive up the ratings, if t hey paired Carol up with Michonne. That is a more realistic pairing.

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2018

I agree.

Rick and Jessie were the perfect couple. I never cared much for Lori, because she was such a bitch.

But Jessie was totally Rick's type. Sweet and feminine, with big tits. They had chemistry the instant I saw them together on screen. Like, he literally wanted to bang her when she started cutting his hair!

I never bought the Rick and Michonne romance, because she's just too masculine for him. Rick is such an alpha man, that his type of woman would be very feminine.

Killing off Jessie was a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2018

Here's (hopefully) a larger Rick/Jessie photo.

by Anonymousreply 5010/06/2018

It's all about the body language...

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2018

Wow, there are some VERY observant people on the internet.

This was posted on youtube, and it seems to be a plausible theory as to how and who kills Rick.

Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled. It's not for certain, but the person who made the video seems to be on point.

by Anonymousreply 5210/06/2018

about now

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2018

So they are going pair Jesus and Aaron as a couple?

by Anonymousreply 5410/07/2018

i would love to see that, r54!

although daryl and paul rovia would be much hotter

by Anonymousreply 5510/07/2018

[quote] i would love to see that

Well that seems to be where things are going with Aaron & Jesus - hopefully they will show some skin

by Anonymousreply 5610/07/2018

Tonight's TWD is so boring hardly anyone is commenting on this thread...

by Anonymousreply 5710/07/2018

i didn't watch it yet. was it really that boring?

by Anonymousreply 5810/07/2018

[quote] i didn't watch it yet. was it really that boring?

Dancing with the Stars Junior is much more exciting than TWD tonight

by Anonymousreply 5910/07/2018

They surely cast an Amerasian kid for Maggie. How very appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 6010/07/2018

They have added Brett Butler to the cast as a recovering alcoholic and drug user

Why would they cast her in a part like that?

by Anonymousreply 6110/07/2018

[quote] They surely cast an Amerasian kid for Maggie. How very appropriate.

Probably because the showrunner is now an azn.

Personally, I would have preferred Denise Huth as showrunner. She has been on Talking Dead quite a few times, and she seems very cool.

by Anonymousreply 6210/07/2018

Why wouldn't Herschel be Amerasian?

And why would you name a baby Herschel?

by Anonymousreply 6310/07/2018

Because it was her father's name. Dumb name, but at least there's a reason

So glad they killed Gregory. He needed to go almost as much as Negan.

by Anonymousreply 6410/07/2018

Actually R64, Xander Berkeley's character was one of the best things about the show.

His acting brought some much needed levity to Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 6510/07/2018

I thought it was a good show with some mercifully interesting plot lines. Yes, an actual fucking plot finally.

by Anonymousreply 6610/07/2018

Daryl is actually using full sentences this year. Look at that!

Once Rick is dead and Daryl takes his place they might throw him a love interest. Next season at the earliest. Won't be Carol. The time for that was season three at the prison. At least Ezekial treats her well.

I like Rick and Michonne together. Who gives a shit if she's not as feminine as other women on the show. She was a badass and their relationship makes total sense. I bet we'll see less of her once Rick is gone, as well.

by Anonymousreply 6710/07/2018

Eugene is rocking the full ponytail. Looks much better than the mullet

That big guy at the Sanctuary is going to be a problem for sure. He's obviously still loyal to Negan.

It's been a year and a half since Eric died- that should be plenty of time for Aaron to be ready to hook up with Jesus. That needs to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6810/07/2018

They actually threw in some walking dead this episode. That'll probably be good for three or four episodes.

by Anonymousreply 6910/07/2018

Again why would they cast Brett Butler as the resident Drunk of the Hilltop?

by Anonymousreply 7010/07/2018

[QUOTE]She was a badass and their relationship makes total sense. I bet we'll see less of her once Rick is gone, as well.

Or maybe Daryl will just slide right into Michonne. I bet he can hit that better than Rick ever did.

by Anonymousreply 7110/07/2018

They are all in an awfully good mood for losing an important member of the cast yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 7210/07/2018

Carol is looking awfully mannish with that hair cut. She isn't fooling me at all.

by Anonymousreply 7310/07/2018

[quote] She isn't fooling me at all.

Obvious she is struggling with her sexuality, as she is leading on Ezekiel. Using him as beard while she is in denial

by Anonymousreply 7410/07/2018

Are the zombies colored? What part of town do they live in?

by Anonymousreply 7510/07/2018

I'll miss Rick. I'm not looking foward to seeing him die- he's a good guy.

Do you think they killed off Carl because Andrew Lincoln wanted to leave and they didn't want to have Carl without Rick? Or did Lincoln decide to leave after they killed Carl?

I think its the first one. Lincoln's probably been wanting to leave for a couple years and move back to England.

by Anonymousreply 7610/07/2018

Corral is alive in the comics. I bet Corral is mad as a wet wasp now that Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 7710/07/2018

Carol is actually wearing makeup this season! She looks good.

by Anonymousreply 7810/07/2018

The Talking Dead had to be pre-taped to not mention Scott Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 7910/07/2018

Seriously??? It's fucking god knows how hot in that shit hole and they are wearing leather jackets?

by Anonymousreply 8010/07/2018

Just saw that guy on talking dead, man, he looks like shit! he didn't even comb his hair!

by Anonymousreply 8110/07/2018

Jeffrey dean Morgan looks pretty hot on Talking Dead. He looks skinny and sickly as Negan.

by Anonymousreply 8210/07/2018

Jesus is gay in the comics, right?

by Anonymousreply 8310/07/2018

New opening credits, eh? Not sure I like it. Too much animation.

by Anonymousreply 8410/07/2018

What about Scott Wilson, R79?

by Anonymousreply 8510/07/2018

R76 Word is they killed off Carl because they were sick of the actor's parents being pains in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 8610/07/2018

He’s dead, R85.

by Anonymousreply 8710/07/2018

You just know the entire time Carol was kissing the king she was actually thinking about Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 8810/07/2018

Oh man, I'm bummed that Scott Wilson died. I had no idea.

So why would the survivors want Rick dead, before Negan? It makes no sense if people are gunning for Rick, but not Negan.

So dumb.

by Anonymousreply 8910/07/2018

Is Melissa mcbride a lesbian in real life? She's pretty for an older lady.

by Anonymousreply 9010/07/2018

Maggie and that cute young Savior make a good looking couple.

Everybody seems to be hooking up this season. Yeah, baby!

by Anonymousreply 9110/07/2018

I love the Brett Butler character. She reminds me of Kenny's mom on South Park.

Brett's a comedian, and the irony of her playing a drunk isn't lost on her. But I love the grittiness and the realness of her character.

It's such a nice departure from the ridiculous characters that have appeared in the past, like the "King" and the garbage people with their phony way of speaking.

by Anonymousreply 9210/07/2018

I started rewatching the show from season one, I’m currently on season 3. Here are my thoughts:

I forgot how much I hated Lori

I wish Shane was never killed off

I only got through half of season three when I stopped watching the first time. I just couldn’t get past the plot holes in the storyline and the walkers didn’t seem threatening, they were pretty slow and seemed really easy to kill.

Anyway, I’m so bummed they are killing off Rick and I agree a romance between him and Michonne seems forced and unnatural for Rick’s character.

by Anonymousreply 9310/07/2018

It's ridiculous that the Saviors are being catered to like a bunch of helpless invalids. Let brainiac Eugene mastermind some plans that help them work together to farm some land, grow some crops, so that they can sustain themselves instead of sitting in that warehouse waiting for Rick to bring them supplies. Rick should have advised them that he'd help them for X time, then they'd have to make a new plan - stay together, split up, find new outposts.

by Anonymousreply 9410/08/2018

I was bored. Killing Gregory was stupid, he was an interesting character and a good villain. And as some one said, a good actor. Ezekiel and Carol make less sense than Rick and Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 9510/08/2018

[quote] Killing Gregory was stupid

They followed the same storyline that was laid out in the comic books.

by Anonymousreply 9610/08/2018

So what? If they followed the same storyline in the comics Carl would be alive and Rick wouldn't be about to die. And Daryl wouldn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 9710/08/2018

When did Maggie become such an evil bitch?

I have a feeling that Ezekiel is not going to last much longer. Anyone who gets close to Carol, ends up dead. Except for Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 9810/08/2018

I see the show is still cheap as fuck. still just filming around the fucking woods and shit. It's the same old shit every season. ZZZZZZZzzz

by Anonymousreply 9910/08/2018

[quote] still just filming around the fucking woods and shit.

The production company bought a plot of land, and just film the same woods scenes over and over and over again It saves a ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 10010/08/2018

[quote] It saves a ton of money

Well perhaps they should reconsider this strategy, seeing as how the ratings are in the toilet.

But hey, they have to pay those FIVE or SIX Executive Producers on the show, somehow. Right?

Funny how they spare no expense paying Gimple, Tom Luse, Greg Nicotero, Gale Ann Hurd, and that other lady.

Do they REALLY need that many EP's?

by Anonymousreply 10110/08/2018

Maggie served up some wild west justice. They should have killed that asshole last season.

by Anonymousreply 10210/08/2018

[R49] Lincoln likes blondies. His wife is blonde as well , very look alke , i suppose

by Anonymousreply 10310/08/2018

R101 I was surprised when I saw how many EPs this show has. Is that normal?

by Anonymousreply 10410/08/2018

Did they ever resolve the lady who plays Maggie's salary dispute situation? She's back, so obviously something was settled. Is she here long term?

by Anonymousreply 10510/08/2018

She's still leaving R105 but they said that her story isn't done so it seems like they'll leave the window open for her to return.

by Anonymousreply 10610/08/2018

R106 my guess is that Maggie goes on a power trip, and at the end she gets exiled.

by Anonymousreply 10710/08/2018

Ezekiel's definitely a goner.

So far, the people who have been killed while in Carol's proximity:

Season 1 - her husband, Season 2 - Sophia, Season 3 - TDawg, Season 4 - the two people she killed at the prison, Season 5 - Beth, Season 6 - Too many Alexandrians to count, Season 7 - Sam and his whole family, Season 8 - The Tiger, Season 9 - Ezekiel.

Carol really should live alone.

by Anonymousreply 10810/08/2018

R108 you forgot about the two little girls that Carol was mothering in season 5

by Anonymousreply 10910/08/2018

Lol that's right, R109.

Mika and Lizzie.

by Anonymousreply 11010/08/2018

Carol story-line in season 7 was about her being a killing machine. She killing people at the drop of a hat, going left right & center. Inside, outside and around. No matter if she was using a gun or a knife, she offed people like she was doing a manicure.

by Anonymousreply 11110/08/2018

Yes, I can see Ezekiel’s death coming a mile away, now that he and Carol are in a relationship. His close demise last night was foreboding.

by Anonymousreply 11210/08/2018

I was thrilled as fuck to see that Maggie went through with hanging that conniving Republican POS Gregory. He has deserved to swing for several seasons now.

Daryl looked terrible though. Worse than usual.

by Anonymousreply 11310/08/2018

Daryl (Norman Reedus) is going to be 50 next year, and he smokes heavily.

Interestingly, he was in his early 40's when he started the show, but looked much younger than that.

by Anonymousreply 11410/08/2018

I used to LOVE this show and I find it so boring now. It does feels very Little House on the Prairie. Only thrill was seeing Brett Butler doing a very good job with her role.

by Anonymousreply 11510/08/2018

Daryl's magical crossbow with its unlimited arrows pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 11610/08/2018

Will Maggie and Daryl hook up? Maggie hasn't gotten dick in two years and Daryl hasn't had sex ever.

by Anonymousreply 11710/08/2018

This show is still on? People actually watch it?

by Anonymousreply 11810/08/2018

[quote] Maggie hasn't gotten dick in two years

She could have had it. That very cute Savior "Alden" is crushing hard on her, and he obviously wants to hook up.

He's also a really great singer. When he sang at the dead kid's funeral, it was so beautiful.

The actor Callan McAuliffe is a bit young for her, though. He's only 23.

by Anonymousreply 11910/08/2018

I tuned out pretty much all of last season as i couldn't take any more Negan and the relentless sense of hopelessness (I did tune back in for Carl's death, which seemed short sighted in regards to story). But I watched the season premiere and I'm back in for a while. I liked the stories and would be just fine never seeing Negan again (although I know he comes back next episode - or at least, soon).

by Anonymousreply 12010/08/2018

What do executive producers actually do? I thought that producers deal with funding and hire and fire and dictate to the writers snd directors. What does that leave for executive producers?

On another note, I do like the Ezekial character. His backstory where he was a zookeeper who did community theater and that's how he got to be a king with a tiger amuses me. The actor who plays him is uninteresting when on the Talking Dead which indicates to me that he's doing a good job with the role.

I miss the cgi Tiger, as improbable as she was. I wonder if cgi has reduced the need for those professional wildlike handlers and their trained animals. Maybe that's gone the way of hand drawn cel animation where they need a few of the genuine article as models for the computers.

by Anonymousreply 12110/09/2018

I wonder if they will do on TWD what they did on FTWD and get rid of most of the original cast for a reboot around a different headliner. I've been posting for a while that I read an article several years ago that said JDM had a long term contract, Lincoln wanted to leave, and everything was moving toward Negan mending his ways and being the leader. It looks like that is what us happening, although I don't think they expected the hate for Negan's character and JDM's portrayal of him. Daryl and Carol might be the only originals left when they are finished because I don't think they can kill them off with the way people feel about Negan. I don't expect Michonne to stay on the show or Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 12210/09/2018

I loved surly badass Michonne when she was first introduced. Now that she's loving sweet girlfriend Michonne I don't particularly care about her fate.

I thought she was doomed by hooking up with the lead. His romances tend to end with extreme prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 12310/09/2018

There was a very noticeable difference in the show on Sunday. Yeah, new intro, 1.5 years time jump, etc. but at least it had shit happening. The show was so fucking boring the past few seasons. I hope it continues to pace through some story/action vs. those miserable, character centric episodes that made me want to rip my eyeballs out. I liked the first episode of this new season. Never thought I'd say that, especially on the verge of giving up on it.

by Anonymousreply 12410/09/2018

How can Negan become the leader? Everyone but Rick and Michonne want him dead. I didn't even recognize Jadis, she cleans up good. Whoever did her makeover needs to get a hold of Daryl, he's rough.

by Anonymousreply 12510/09/2018

I'm glad they're letting Rick go while he still has his gorgeous looks. Can't wait to see what he does next. He'll be sexy do it, that much is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 12610/09/2018

I just don't see how this show can go forward without Rick.

by Anonymousreply 12710/09/2018

I know, his eye-candy was often the only reason I watched.

by Anonymousreply 12810/09/2018

Absolutely, nothing to look at after he leaves. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 12910/09/2018

Norman Reedus looks awful. Although he did manage to burp up more than a word or two in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 13010/09/2018

Daryl probably spoke more in this premier than he did all last season. I laughed when Chris Hardwick on Talking Dead said Daryl talked in 'grunts and snarls' the last couple of years because it's true.

I also don't get how Negan will be the leader. Except for a few in the Sanctuary, who would follow him? Maybe he does something heroic to try and save Rick and that changes people's opinions of him. But I wouldn't be unhappy if someone offed the fucker.

by Anonymousreply 13110/09/2018

Who the fucks makes a floor out of glass so fragile it can’t handle the weight of a plow?

The Gregory plot was so mechanical and obvious.

Not promising. They better bring some major fresh blood. The show can’t survive losing Corral, Rick and Maggie. Daryl isn’t strong enough to be a lead.

by Anonymousreply 13210/09/2018

So the show jumped ahead a year and a half ? Shouldn't most of the dead have completely decomposed by now ?

by Anonymousreply 13310/09/2018

Is that Norman's real hair?

by Anonymousreply 13410/09/2018

[quote] Who the fucks makes a floor out of glass so fragile it can’t handle the weight of a plow?

That is the actual Museum in Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 13510/09/2018

Daryl’s hair has no part. It’s like an old fashioned toupee. The fuck? And why is he never shirtless anymore? I will miss Rick. I already miss his shaggy sweaty hair.

by Anonymousreply 13610/09/2018

Reedus looks terrible. He must be doing some serious drugs or drink.

by Anonymousreply 13710/09/2018

Any word how Rick gets it? A noble death fit fir a hero or jut bit and buh bye?

by Anonymousreply 13810/09/2018

The premiere was the lowest rated in the series’ history. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 13910/09/2018

The garbage leader women now has a perm and is talkative

by Anonymousreply 14010/09/2018

I'm sick of zombies, a new horror hit needs to put the final nail in WD's coffin. It had its run, time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 14110/09/2018

Some people think Daryl will kill Rick, I'm not buying that, no way.

by Anonymousreply 14210/10/2018

I don’t get who the show’s lead will be when Rick goes. Negan is the closest to a lead character, but he’s too unlikeable at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 14310/10/2018

The garbage lady isn't "Jadis" anymore.

At the end of last season, she told Morgan to call her "Anne." Thankfully, she lost the stupid garbage-speak. It was ridiculous.

The actress is Pollyanna McIntosh, and she's really cool.

by Anonymousreply 14410/10/2018

She is Grant Show’s ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 14510/10/2018

Really R135. I thought it was the Georgia State House. In any case, glass floors are built to take a lot of weight, especially those at the base of a staircase in a public building. They are not window-pane thick. I don’t care how much the king has been stuffing his pie-hope, he could jump on it without breaking it.

by Anonymousreply 14610/10/2018

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT-

The theory doing the rounds is that Daryl stabs Rick, Rick gets bitten by a Walker, Maggie puts him out of his misery and Michonne kills Maggie for being in on it with Daryl. There's a video up thread that looks pretty convincing but wouldn't be surprised if it's a red herring by the writers/producers.

by Anonymousreply 14710/10/2018

I'm not buying the Carol/Ezekiel romance. Carol kissed him like she was being held at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 14810/10/2018

147 I saw that video. It did look convincing. The hate for Daryl and Michonne would be off the charts, if this happened.

by Anonymousreply 14910/11/2018

[quote] I see the show is still cheap as fuck. still just filming around the fucking woods and shit. It's the same old shit every season

And yet you keep watching it. That’s why they don’t put more money into the show. Because people will watch the same old shit over & over for 9 years. If you ask me, they’re pretty smart not to invest any money into it.

by Anonymousreply 15010/11/2018

R148 he's definitely more into her than she is into him. So obvious. It wouldn't surprise me if she stayed at the Sanctuary for a while just to get away from Ezekiel for a bit. And his marriage proposal.

by Anonymousreply 15110/11/2018

R147 that'd be a shitty way to treat the long time characters. Have Daryl and Maggie kill Rick? After all theyve been through? C'mon, they can do better than that.

And r149 for sure everyone would hate Daryl and Michonne. And if Daryl is supposed to be taking over the lead role, I can't imagine the show runners would want him coming in with ricks death on his hands and all that ire from the fans. We already have Negan to hate.

I hope this isn't true. Maybe the Whispers get Rick and Daryl does the mercy killing. That I can believe.

by Anonymousreply 15210/11/2018

I think that they're trying to deflect the hate from Negan, on to other characters.

They are basically forcing Negan down our throats, whether we like it or not.

Even in the promotional ads, they have Negan saying, "You think you're making a new world? You're just getting it ready for ME."

That wouldn't be in the ad, if the producers didn't purposely want it to be there. It's pretty clear that Negan is going to take over the show, whether we like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 15310/11/2018

The premiere numbers are bad since everyone knows Rick has only 6 episodes. That doesn't bode well. Even the ratings for FTWD shot up a bit in the episode where Madison died.

by Anonymousreply 15410/11/2018

Maggie seems to be on a power trip, so don't be surprised if Hilltop turns on her, and she gets exiled (as a way to write her out)

by Anonymousreply 15510/11/2018

Norman Reedus cannot carry this show.

by Anonymousreply 15610/11/2018

Agree, Reedus doesn't have the acting chops. No matter what they stated publicly it will be Megan. That was always the plan.

by Anonymousreply 15710/11/2018

#FuckMegan

by Anonymousreply 15810/11/2018

Why can't Maggie or Daryl just go to Alexandria and kill Negan?

by Anonymousreply 15910/11/2018

Agree, who's going to stop them. Just go down in that dudgeon, walk up to his cell and shot him in the head.

by Anonymousreply 16010/12/2018

Daryl and Aaron discuss fatherhood.

by Anonymousreply 16110/14/2018

Norman Reedus was a Gap model in 2002!

by Anonymousreply 16210/14/2018

His son is also a model.

by Anonymousreply 16310/14/2018

Norman also modeled for Gap in 1993.

Here he is with our short-lived retro Bell Bottoms in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 16410/14/2018

Even when hes clean he looks dirty, like in r162

by Anonymousreply 16510/14/2018

His kid looks like a perfect mix between his mother, Helena Christensen, and a young Rutger Hauer.

by Anonymousreply 16610/14/2018

If Aaron and Jesus hook-up, who will bring up if condoms should be used? PrEP is non-existent at the moment

by Anonymousreply 16710/14/2018

All the condoms would be too degraded to use.

by Anonymousreply 16810/14/2018

Don't you fucking squish Aaron you sob's!

Oh great, now he's losing an arm.

Couldn't they leave the hot gay alone?

by Anonymousreply 16910/14/2018

If they have to kill a gay it should be Tara.

by Anonymousreply 17010/14/2018

Aaron was bit and they are chopping off his arm!?

by Anonymousreply 17110/14/2018

Theres a lot of swearing in this episode. I counted at least two 'shits' and an 'asshole'. Groovy.

Daryl should just kill that guy. And was it me or was Anne/Janis putting the moves on father Gabriel? Think he'll go for it?

by Anonymousreply 17210/14/2018

R171 I don't think Aaron was bit, his arm was crushed by the log and the bone snapped maybe and was bleeding out? I think something like that.

Maybe he'll get some tlc from Jesus now.

by Anonymousreply 17310/14/2018

Aaron is a top. I bet Jesus is versatile.

by Anonymousreply 17410/14/2018

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 17510/14/2018

Damn Anne is just going right for the dick! Good for her.

I didn't know episcopalian priests can have sex. I learned something new today.

by Anonymousreply 17610/14/2018

Was that a shooting star or a plane that Ann saw?

by Anonymousreply 17710/14/2018

Maybe it was the helicopter

by Anonymousreply 17810/14/2018

I don't get ricks reasons for keeping Negan alive. He says hell never let him out of the cell,so what's the point? Why not just kill him? He wants to keep telling him how awesome everyone is doing on the outside? That doesn't sound like a good idea...

And who cleans Negan's shit bucket? Or is there a toilet in the cell?

by Anonymousreply 17910/14/2018

Tom Payne has gorgeous hair but he kind of has a squished face like Gizmo or a furby.

by Anonymousreply 18010/14/2018

So who was in the woods, the kid?

by Anonymousreply 18110/14/2018

So did i miss it, The Talking Dead never even mentioned Scott Wilson passing last week?

by Anonymousreply 18210/14/2018

[quote] Tom Payne has gorgeous hair

Absolutely. He's one of those beautiful men with feminine features.

I'll bet that he could turn many a straight guy. Or at least make them feel funny.

by Anonymousreply 18310/14/2018

Hey, I just noticed that the sex addict with the big dick from "Shameless" (Zach McGowan) is one of the Saviors.

He appeared in the premiere episode.

by Anonymousreply 18410/14/2018

He was also in Black Sails.

by Anonymousreply 18510/14/2018

R182 they just did a little tribute to Scott.

by Anonymousreply 18610/14/2018

R181 I think it was the ex Saviour who likes Maggie. I can't think of his name at the moment, but he sang at the funeral at hilltop last week. Young, cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 18710/14/2018

They did the tribute this week, I mean. You're right there was nothing last week.

by Anonymousreply 18810/14/2018

Do we see the dick in shameless r184?

by Anonymousreply 18910/14/2018

It's in the Shameless thread, R189.

I've linked it for you because it's too damned long to scroll through, so you can try to find it. lol

by Anonymousreply 19010/14/2018

Tom looks very pretty with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 19110/14/2018

R190 just googled him. Good dick. Incredible ass!

by Anonymousreply 19210/14/2018

So far, Brett Butler is the best thing about season nine for me.

She has really upped the ante as far as the acting goes on this show. Her portrayal of the character is so gritty and raw, and I love how she doesn't try to pretty herself up like dumbass useless Rosita does.

Brett just goes without makeup, and lets it all fly. I'm so happy she joined the cast. It's a very pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 19310/14/2018

r170 has Tara been shown? What about Rosita?

by Anonymousreply 19410/14/2018

WTF? That was a helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 19510/14/2018

The fact that "Father Gabriel" is Episcopalian means that he can marry, but it DOES NOT mean that he can have sex before marriage.

He's not married to Anne/Jadis, so he's already breaking his vows. Plus, he's killed tons of people already.

He needs to just give up his "Father" title, and say fuck it. He's still going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 196Last Monday at 1:13 AM

Holy smokes, the zombie apocalypse makes for some strange bedfellows.

by Anonymousreply 197Last Monday at 10:15 AM

R194 rosita was in last night's episode. She blew up some rocks with the short haired Saviour lady. She seriously could just walk into the woods and disappear and no one would give a shit. Pointless character.

by Anonymousreply 198Last Monday at 11:19 AM

Totally agree r193 butler has been great. I loved the scene with Jesus when she wanted to see her husband in the jail and she was like 'i'll wait. I have nowhere else to be'. I felt for her. I also appreciate the no makeup 'natural' look

by Anonymousreply 199Last Monday at 11:24 AM

Maggie has a rice fetish.

by Anonymousreply 200Last Monday at 12:43 PM

[quote]Tom looks very pretty with long hair.

Honestly looks even better up close and in person.

by Anonymousreply 201Last Monday at 2:08 PM

I wish someone would give Father Gabriel an eye patch. That eyeball is freakin me out. Carl had one, he's not using it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 202Last Monday at 3:06 PM

They need a third wheel to throw a wrench in the upcoming Aaron/Jesus relationship

by Anonymousreply 203Last Monday at 3:10 PM

Three interracial relationships? Overkill much AMC?

by Anonymousreply 204Last Monday at 3:25 PM

The Aaron/Jesus storyline in the comic.

by Anonymousreply 205Last Monday at 3:30 PM

[quote] Three interracial relationships? Overkill much AMC?

This is the end of the world, there are only so many couplings they can do, Not many options to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 206Last Monday at 3:32 PM

Daryl Dixon cat is prepared to step up when Rick goes.

by Anonymousreply 207Last Monday at 5:02 PM

Anyone notice Carol eyeing those two lesbians at the start of the episode? It appears she was almost licking her lips.

by Anonymousreply 208Last Monday at 7:45 PM

[quote] I wish someone would give Father Gabriel an eye patch. That eyeball is freakin me out. Carl had one, he's not using it anymore.

The Governor had the original eye patch, then Coral.

Having Father Gabriel wear one, would be redundant.

by Anonymousreply 209Last Tuesday at 1:03 AM

Welp, I guess we’re back to the show being a snooze fest. People at each other’s necks over nothing. Rinse, repeat. I think the saviors guy who looked like a Bradley Cooper star is born wanna be was killed by a whisperer wearing a saviors skin mask.

by Anonymousreply 210Last Tuesday at 4:36 AM

R207 That wig looks better on the cat.

by Anonymousreply 211Last Tuesday at 7:40 AM

I really want to see Shane return. It should be interesting how they incorporate him back into the show.

by Anonymousreply 212Last Tuesday at 9:44 AM

Shane died in season 2. He'll be in a flashback I assume when Rick dies.

by Anonymousreply 213Last Tuesday at 9:51 AM

Spoilers for episode 3.

by Anonymousreply 214Last Tuesday at 10:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!