Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's post our solutions to famous mysteries

Lizzie Borden killed her father because he was molesting her. The stepmother knew about it.

Jonbenet wet the bed so Patsy hit her with a Maglite and staged the rest of the scene.

Jack the Ripper was a nobody whose identity will never be known.

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2019 2:47 AM

LHO got a lucky shot and killed JFK

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2018 5:08 AM

Patsy did set up the scene.

JFK was killed by an angry CIA or FBI...sent by Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2018 5:23 AM

Bigfoot sightings are actually bears walking upright, usually in dense wooded areas.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2018 5:34 AM

Agree, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2018 5:39 AM

Lizzie Borden had hit her limit. Abby had caught Lizzie with the maid and said that she couldn't wait to tell the father. setting everything into dead mode.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Marilyn was hysterical after RFK's visit to end all communication with Kennedy brothers so her doctor ordered the nurse to give her an enema with chloral hydrate not putting into consideration how much narcotic Marilyn had already consumed. Marilyn either lost her bowels or the corpse was cleaned out to rid it of drug residue. The maid was washing linens at 5 am once the police arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2018 5:51 AM

The night before she drowned Natalie Wood and the skipper left the yacht to stay the night ashore in separate rooms at an inn leaving the two bisexual men alone for the night. Walken had come without his wife. The following night after lots of boozing Natalie & RJ had a fight that become physical and she either fell into or was pushed into the ocean. RJ was so bombed that he honestly cannot remember all of the events that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2018 5:58 AM

Tom Cruise is actually a self aware hemmroid who once hung from the anus of actor Marty Allen.

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2018 5:59 AM

Karyn Kupcinet was murdered by Hope Lange's brother David who lived downstairs from her. Lange had been out on a date with Natalie Wood that evening, arrived home drunk and horny. He woke up Kupcinet looking for a little nooky and proceeded to rape and strangle her. Her body was discovered 3 days later by her good friend Marcia Rogers Goddard and Marcia's husband, actor Mark (LOST IN SPACE) Goddard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2018 6:02 AM

Burke Ramsey unintentionally murdered his little sister by hitting her in the head after she took some of his pineapple slices. Mom and Dad set the stage to appear like a kidnapping because smirking Burkey was just a child and they weren't going to lose both of their babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2018 6:05 AM

Mary Pinchot Meyer was not murdered as part of any conspiracy regarding her relationship with the late JFK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2018 6:09 AM

D. B. Cooper and Ted Kaczynski are the same person. After Cooper/Kaczynski hijacked the plane and got away with the cash, he retreated to his remote cabin in Montana.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2018 6:25 AM

Actually r6 sounds plausible

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2018 6:34 AM

R10 The blow to the head didn’t kill her, it was her being strangled.

But yes Burke obviously did it and the parents covered it up so they wouldn’t lose their son too.

Burke was like 10 when it happened, strong enough to accidentally (or not so accidentally) hit a younger girl and knock her unconscious. He hit Jonbenet before in the head with a golf club, though IIRC they insisted it was an accident (swinging back and not knowing JB was there). He was in boy scouts so he could tie knots just fine. Burke’s Boy Scouts knife was found nearby despite the housekeeper saying she took it away from him for leaving wood shavings around. Both of the children showed signs of sexual abuse (frequent UTIs in JB, smearing feces, peeing at night at their age, etc). Children who are sexually abused can manifest it by sexually abusing other children and being hyper sexual in general. There was a book about troubled kids. Burke froze when asked about the pineapple. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2018 6:52 AM

The blow pretty much split her skull in two. She would have died anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2018 7:25 AM

R10 I agree with you. I used to believe that Patsy killed Jon Benet but I've changed my mind. I think Burke killed her because she ate the pineapple. He beaned her on the head w/ the flashlight that was on the kitchen counter.

Burke was jealous of Jon Benet. He did things like poop in her box of chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2018 7:55 AM

Judge Crater fell into one.

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2018 8:09 AM

Conversations With Dead People: A Medium’s Session With Marilyn Monroe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2018 8:14 AM

Amy: So… there was some dark stuff. Going on. In this [redacted,] with these [redacted.] People in high positions. Nobody’s innocent. And… Patsy… someone’s on their hands and knees. An adult. It feels… ritualistic. And… nasty. And dark. And…

I’m not seeing, clearly, um, the level of involvement over — what is happening — but I feel, I’m being shown who killed her. So… from what I am seeing…

JonBenet being offered. And the people that I see present are [redacted.] It’s dark stuff. I see, uh… a, a, an interruption. A hysteria. Um, yelling. Mostly Patsy. I see a snap. I FEEL a snap. HAVE to, um, there’s just so much. I can’t even… it’s a feeling of, um, betrayal. Jealousy. Evil. What is viewed as evil. Nauseous…

She… saw JonBenet as a demonic… evil… thing. That at that moment, needed to be… annihilated

And… there’s… a big cover-up. Like, I see, big players? And by players, I say [redacted] or [redacted] or whatever… you know. The people that… were trying to get to the bottom of what happened, that were not involved in the… situation? Could only take a step forward before they were knocked back. By… someone. Who was protecting… the situation.

She would get in trouble, and punished. But it had nothing to do with that night.

Something I read in Steve Turner’s book was that habitual bedwetting or soiling of the bed is actually a response to sexual abuse — that children will do this in an attempt to make themselves less desirable to a predator. It’s a very biological way to look at it, but it makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2018 8:25 AM

Rosebud was a sled.

Kilgallen was a kite.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2018 8:40 AM

Another possibility is that after JonBenet wet the bed, Patsy got pissed cleaning her up in the bathroom and struck her, causing her to fall back and strike her head on the corner edge of the vanity or the tub faucet.

But, yeah, I certainly don't rule out Burke, especially knowing that that summer he had hit her in the face with a golf club and the only account we have of it is what Patsy told the ER doctor. Who knows what actually happened?

The trouble with her case is that are too many plausible possibilities but no concrete evidence to prove anything. I don't even rule out completely the accusations she was being pimped out to a group of John's local pedophile friends.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2018 8:58 AM

Patsy was so concerned that being hit in the face might derail Jonbenet's pageant career that she took her to a plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2018 9:03 AM

I've wondered if JonBenet's last words were "I'm going to tell."

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2018 9:06 AM

We know what happened to the two princes.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2018 9:21 AM

^'Henry VII

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2018 10:58 AM

Asha Degree was lured out of the house by an adult she knew the night she disappeared, under the guise that they were planning a special surprise for her parents' wedding anniversary. When she realized they didn't have the best intentions and wanted to hurt her, she tried to escape and almost succeeded. She saw the car lights of people who could have helped her and thought it could be her abductor so she ran and hid. Unfortunately they caught her again.

Later the culprit left her backpack where they knew it would be found, either to brag about what they did because they knew they'd never be caught or to throw investigators off the right track completely.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2018 11:26 AM

Who is Asha Degree?

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2018 12:30 PM

Famous true crime case, r27. Little girl who left her house in the middle of the night during a rainstorm and disappeared, Not so many years ago. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2018 12:35 PM

Wiki on Asha Degree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2018 12:49 PM

To be honest, Asha was black so her case never got the mainstream interest at the time it would have had she been white. That doesn't seem to matter as much anymore to crime aficionados and the unusual/not easily explained aspects of her case just continue to gain interest these years later.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2018 1:03 PM

Something like 9/11 will never happen again, proving it was all orchestrated. Now I don't fully know what happened, but the "official story" we're being fed is bullshit. I think part of the orchestration factored in the advance in technology that was coming as far as social media and all the "sharing" that goes on now. With that inevitable advance, things had to "get done" now, as there will never be another opportunity like this. Imagine if we had the technology we have now back then in 2001. People would've been live streaming from the towers and probably the planes. Too much evidence, wouldn't happen today.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2018 4:37 PM

The "Black Dahlia" killer was

Mickey Rooney

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2018 4:45 PM

R10, You seriously think that the Ramsay parents would perform sexual assault on JonBenet's corpse just to protect Burke?

The parents killed the little girl, but Burke was too jealous of his sister to care.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2018 4:51 PM

R29, I like to think she was adopted by wolves and is having a great time.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2018 4:54 PM

I think the Asha theory is correct. I think the dad sexually abused both Burke and his sister, and Burke killed his sister. Great thread.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2018 5:06 PM

I think Burke was probably a little psycho and did the strangling too. The "garrote" doesn't really look that complicated. The parents did the rest of the staging but I can't see them doing that part if she was still technically alive.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2018 5:09 PM

Burke and the whole family were pretty fucked up and dysfunctional. Aggressive fecal smearing aside, if you view some of the interviews with Burke as a child, he seems to enjoy the attention being given to him. He was very likely jealous of his sister due to Patsy giving all her attention and effort into JonBenet's pageants and JonBenet getting attention in pageants in general. Both children had terrible bathroom habits that would come and go, with JonBenet seeing the doctor frequently for UTIs. I would not be shocked if Burke was sexually abusing her and causing all those UTIs.

The parents likely didn't give a shit about their children as actual individuals and were more worried about their image.

And can those kind of people imagine anything worse than the general public and their friends finding out about their son accidentally or not so accidentally killing their daughter and then molesting her? And then finding out that they tried to cover it up because they worried about their family's image?

John is so narcissistic that he said on Dr Phil that the real story wasn't JonBenet being murdered, it was what happened to them afterward.

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2018 1:34 AM

Ted Kennedy and a famous politician's wife got drunk at Chappaquiddick and drove off with a passed out Mary Jo Kopechne in the backseat. They went off the bridge and got out and didn't know Mary Jo was in the car. At the party cottage, they found out Mary Jo was missing from the party. But, everyone at the party was too shit faced drunk to come up with a decent cover up story.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2018 1:50 AM

Kirk Douglas killed Jean Spangler and buried her body in a desert.

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2018 1:56 AM

Amelia Earhart crashed her plane because she was a piss poor pilot.

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2018 2:17 AM

Patsy found John molesting JonBenet, took a swing at his head with the flashlight or threw it and hit JonBenet instead. Burke was sent off with family friends that day. If he had something to do with it, wouldn't they keep him at home and under their own control? Seems like the parents would have a reason to cover for each other though.

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2018 2:19 AM

Lizzie Borden killed her father because he was going to change his will. leaving everything to his wife. She killed him for his money. Sexual molestation? Not in THAT repressed, uptight family.

by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2018 2:21 AM

Michael Jackson was killed by AEG Live so that they wouldn't have to pay him, plus: "After Jackson's death, AEG Live offered either refunds to ticket holders or a special "souvenir" ticket designed by Jackson. The cancelled shows, record-breaking ticket sales and potential for a world tour led to This Is It being termed 'the greatest concert[s] that never happened.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2018 2:23 AM

Brittany Murphy and her husband were poisoned by her mother.

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2018 2:23 AM

I believe that too, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2018 2:33 AM

R41 Burke was home. His fingerprints were on the pineapple bowl, he went down to open presents, and on the 911 call you can hear them telling Burke to shut up and fuck off.

Also it was more likely that Burke or Patsy were sexually abusing her based on what we know. A housekeeper said Burke and JB had played doctor before, and it was said that the children's bedwetting/poop smearing would start up when Patsy chose one of the children to focus on and then it would stop after she left them alone. Burke himself showed signs of sexual abuse, and if he had molested his sister that would only strengthen the argument that Burke was abused too since abused children may act out what happened to them on others. Also the children's medical records were sealed and that would show if Burke had behavioral problems and why he had behavioral problems.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2018 2:47 AM

MH370 landed on the moon.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2018 2:57 AM

Kurt Cobain was going to divorce Courtney so she checked herself into rehab for an alibi and had him murdered.

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2018 3:05 AM

Lucy thought Mame would be a good career move.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2018 3:20 AM

The coroner said Jon Bennett was strangled first and the victim of on going sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote] Ted Kennedy and a famous politician's wife got drunk at Chappaquiddick and drove off with a passed out Mary Jo Kopechne in the backseat. They went off the bridge and got out and didn't know Mary Jo was in the car.

That Muriel Humphrey was such a whore!!!

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2018 3:29 AM

J. Edgar Hoover ordered the death of Dorothy Kilgallen.

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2018 3:38 AM

Aristotle Onassis was behind RFK's death.

by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2018 3:40 AM

Aliens.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2018 3:40 AM

r46 Where did you read evidence that Burke showed signs of sexual abuse. New one on me, and I want to learn more. Thanks! (I totally believe that little psycho birthed from two psychos was a huge part of this myself)

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2018 4:05 AM

At least my little Jonbenet never knew the pain of having cancer or the shame of having a pint size Jezebel for a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2018 4:28 AM

Nah, #53- it was Jimmy Hoffa who ordered the hit on RFK- who had been really nasty to him. But the Kennedys got even when they had Hoffa kidnapped later on and turned him into fish chum.

by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2018 4:30 AM

R42, repressed families are why molestation happens.

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2018 5:14 AM

I once heard an interesting theory about Chappaquidic, in which Ted and Mary Jo were having a sexual tryst in Ted's car, when the cops pulled up behind them. Ted, who was considering a presidential run in '72, didn't want to be found in such a compromising position, so he jumped out of the car and Told Mary Jo to drive away. Because she was so unfamiliar with the area, she ended up driving off the bridge. (Many who knew Ted have doubted that, even after a few drinks, he would have made such a mistake, as he knew those roads so well.) After she drowned, the story goes that Teddy decided that (as absurd as this sounds) "leaving the scene of an accident" (the crime with which he was charged) would be less damaging to his career than admitting that he'd been boinking a 22-year old "Bobby for President" campaign volunteer in the backseat of his car. Sounds really screwey, but it would explain some of the inconsistancies of the "official" story.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2018 5:53 AM

R46, Do you have a source for the claim that Burke "showed signs of sexual abuse"? I've read all the major books on this crime (not John's) and don't recall this assertion.

Or do you refer not to his body but to the excrement smearing?

by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2018 6:54 AM

R59, That's the theory I believe. It totally explains why Ted seemed unruffled back in the house: he didn't know MJK had drowned.

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2018 6:57 AM

"Do you have a source for the claim that Burke "showed signs of sexual abuse"? "

Isn't the whole point of this thread is to exhort people to make up their own fake news?

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2018 7:01 AM

R59 that does cover a lot more of the inconsistencies in the official story which made Ted K out to be a ruthless, callous schemer.

MJK wasn't wearing underwear when she drowned, wonder why? And did the windows smash when the car went into the water?

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2018 7:33 AM

R38

No. That whole theory about her being asleep in the rear didn't even surface until years after the fact.. Why did Ted then to have dove down to the car immediately afterwards if he didn't know she was inside ?

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2018 2:14 PM

R64 Obviously he didn't dive down at all if the theory is to be beleived

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2018 2:19 PM

R65

The theory with the other poster lends that several of the men, Turd Kennedy included dove down half hour afterwards once they found Kopechne missing from the party. Why would they immediately think she must've been in the backseat of a car however makes little sense.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2018 2:21 PM

The rumors of Mary Jo being asleep in the Chappaquiddick car have been going on since the 70s. This article from 1974 brings up the rumor about Rosemary Keough being in the front seat.

Some of the Chappaquiddick party goers had inconsistent statements. For example, Esther Newberg did interviews after the incident where she claimed that the gathering was a quiet dinner where they are ate steaks and only had a couple of drinks. A neighbor disputed that and said it was noisy and kept him until 1 or 2 am. Newberg also initially claimed that nobody at the party was keeping track of time and they didn't know when Ted and Mary left and Newberg said that her Mickey Mouse watch wasn't' working. Newberg testified at the inquest and said she had a large watch on that night and Ted and MJ left at 11:15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2018 2:39 PM

Vanity Fair posted an excerpt of Joe McGinniss' book The Last Brother years ago. McGinniss points out the problems Esther Newberg's statements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2018 2:42 PM

Not really mystery about Chappaquiddick. Turd knew damn well Kopechne was in the car when it went off the bridge. His main concern was himself and his political career. I had no use for him after that.

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2018 2:43 PM

Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2018 3:36 PM

Heather O'rourke was murdered by pedophiliac Hollywood types after they "inserted" something in her and ruptured her bowels. Steven Spielberg may or may not know something about this.

by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 21, 2018 4:46 PM

Come on bitches, we got some work to do!

List of people who disappeared mysteriously: pre-1970

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 21, 2018 6:27 PM

List of people who disappeared mysteriously: post-1970

Where is Leo Burt!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 21, 2018 6:28 PM

The man claiming to be Joseph Newton Chandler III was the zodiac killer.

by Anonymousreply 75September 21, 2018 6:46 PM

Joseph Newton Chandler III/Robert Ivan Nichols is responsible for the murders of the Sumter County Does

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Jodi Huisentruit was kidnapped and killed by a deranged fan who watch her on the news.

by Anonymousreply 77September 22, 2018 4:11 AM

R76, That's an odd story. The police find the gun used to kill 2 people on someone but they can't arrest him because of "insufficient evidence"?

by Anonymousreply 78September 22, 2018 4:20 AM

Bermuda Triangle is all about hexagonal clouds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 22, 2018 4:26 AM

Stonehenge was an amphitheater for Keith Richards first band (The Standing Stones).

by Anonymousreply 80September 22, 2018 6:18 PM

5 unsolved mysteries caught on video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2018 6:53 PM

Brian Shaffer. I wonder if he fell into the construction site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2018 7:12 PM

Brian Shaffer: Based on what I've read, I think he was killed in the club that night and his body wasn't removed until later.

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2018 7:51 PM

The bar that Brian Shaffer had various cameras. None of the cameras showed him leaving.

by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2018 8:12 PM

With the Jodi Huisentruit, the police have suspected for a long time that the older guy that she was friends with killed her.

by Anonymousreply 85September 22, 2018 8:13 PM

Joan Risch went to a new dentist that morning because she knew he was performing illegal abortions on the side. After returning home she began to bleed heavily and called the dentist. He came over and got Joan into his car maybe telling her he would take her to the ER. She either died on the way or he killed her and disposed of the body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 22, 2018 8:19 PM

Jodi Huisentruit: the toilet seat was up in her apartment when the police searched it. She was a single woman who lived alone. Maybe she was cleaning or maybe the police made a mistake, but likely she had a man in her apt that night, one who likely killed her.

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2018 8:34 PM

Shelly Miscaviage is dead

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2018 8:53 PM

Michael Peterson's wife was killed by an owl. Homophobia swayed the jury to convict in the first trial.

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2018 9:40 PM

Brian Shaffer: what would have been the motive for killing him?

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2018 10:13 PM

Neither Woody nor Frank is Ronan's bio dad.

by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2018 1:22 AM

Mia has always been good friends with Roman Polanski. Wouldn't it be a kick if he was the dad?

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2018 1:25 AM

R92, or Sinatra...his family says not possible, but Ronan looks a lot like him.

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2018 3:52 AM

Did Mia really remain friends with Polanski after his scandal? In one of those other Ronan/Mia/Woody threads, someone said that Mia was hypocrite because didn't denounce Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2018 4:05 AM

Mia testified on his behalf when he sued Conde Nast for libel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2018 4:09 AM

R87 The police found several of Huisentruit's car key and a few of her belongings on the ground near her car in the parking lot of her apartment building. Their theory was that she was attacked or taken from the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2018 4:10 AM

Mia Farrow was a witness in the Conde Nast libel case because she was at the lunch written about in Vanity Fair -- VF reported per witnesses that Polanski, just days after Sharon's murder, was already flirting with other women. Polanski sued VF for the story. Mia testified (via video camera, apparently, she didn't even travel to the UK for it) that she had no recollection of him flirting with the women, but rather getting irritated at them for intruding on his lunch.

The lunch was years before he raped the girl. The testimony had nothing to do with the rape, and there is NOTHING showing Mia supporting him with regard to the rape.

The only other time she was ever linked with him post rape was a Rosemary's Baby interview and commentary track and she recorded hers separately, without him around, though does say he was a "genius."

At this late date, the people who try to say she's defended Polanski are deliberately misleading you.

by Anonymousreply 97September 23, 2018 11:23 AM

A dingo ate the lindbergh baby.

by Anonymousreply 98September 23, 2018 11:25 AM

With the Brian Schaffer case, isn't it true that there is video of him talking to girls outside the bar at 1:55am but no actual video of him going back in after that?

by Anonymousreply 99September 23, 2018 11:25 AM

The theory that the idiot kidnapper dropped the Lindbergh baby when climbing down the ladder, killing him accidentally, has always made sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 100September 23, 2018 11:27 AM

"Wouldn't it be a kick if he was the dad?"

R92, well RP did make Rosemary's baby.

by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2018 11:49 AM

Brian Schaffer disappearance is fascinating. How can someone just disappear in this day and age? How could a murderer have got his body out of the bar? Is he buried in the construction site? Have you used scanners on it to look for a corpse?

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2018 12:17 PM

After Polanski was accused of rape Mia wrote a letter to the LA county prosecutor vouching for his good character. Also she did testify in person at the libel trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 23, 2018 1:40 PM

I remember that case well R86. I was just a kid but everyone in the surrounding area was talking about it and I eavesdropped on my family's discussions. That is one freezing cold case.

by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2018 2:02 PM

R99 - video surveillance video starts at 3:15 with him first entering the bar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2018 3:56 PM

The way the bar was set up once you exit you go down an escalator. Brian was last seen heading towards the bar's entrance. There was no where else he could have gone.

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2018 4:01 PM

Brian was handsome. It's so creepy to watch the footage and have him just disappear forever in that one frame. Any news yet about the search of the bar now it's closed down?

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2018 4:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2018 4:20 PM

That girlfriend of Brian's is suspicious to me. She blinks and looks down every time when answering questions. Maybe she knew he was playing around and got jealous, hired someone to do something. Either that, or a serial killer got him.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2018 4:22 PM

Brian was chatting up girls on his night out.

by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Yep, and the girlfriend knew he was like that before. I think she dissolved his body in a container in a storage unit, and then rinsed the slurry down the storm drain. I saw it in a movie once.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2018 6:17 PM

The link says no such thing, r103.

Many people sent letters of support back in 1977, including Angelica Huston who said the girl looked older so therefore Polanski was innocent, and Ruth Gordon who said Polanski shouldn't be punished at all. Mia asked for general leniency and said he and Sharon were both very kind to her.

But your link does remind me that it was Polanski who testified via video, not Farrow. I stand corrected on that.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2018 9:20 PM

Why does Brian Shaffer hold his right hand in such a weird way in both photos with his parents? Is he making devil horns or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2018 8:04 AM

This story is local to me: a young man went missing during a night out with friends. A year later, his mummified body was found wedged between two walls in the nightclub; it was only discovered due to the stench, after smoking was no longer allowed inside public buildings.

Why did he go between the walls? I think he'd left something behind there, maybe a small drug stash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 24, 2018 8:13 AM

Jonestown was a CIA mindcontrol experiment that went off the rails. Jones was an CIA asset that they lost control of and they probably had agents working alongside.

by Anonymousreply 115September 24, 2018 8:22 AM

This is one of my favorite threads. Thank you. I have a question about Brian Shaffer. The wiki says he apparently went into the bar. The camera shows him moving off camera, apparently to re enter. Maybe the camera doesn't show him leaving because he never re entered?

by Anonymousreply 116September 24, 2018 8:31 AM

A lot of the bodies in Jonestown seemed a little too staged, most are facing down and conveniently in rows. From what I've read about cyanide is that it's not a pleasant way to die. You just don't drink it and go lay down and "die". I think they were all gassed, and then the bucket of koolaid was conveniently put out with some cups and syringes strewn about.

by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2018 8:56 AM

This thread is slowing evolving from solutions to conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2018 10:39 AM

R117, you're an ignoramus.

Here's the actual audio of the "suicides" in Jonestown. Yes, the victims were murdered, but not by gas: they were forced to drink the Flavor-Aid, and those who refused and tried to run away were gunned down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 24, 2018 11:23 AM

Some victims were shot from above. There were many reports of a helicopter in the area. Consider those healthy enough to run who tried to get away into the surrounding areas. There have been multiple reports of what really happened, including from a current policeman in HI who lost his entire family.

by Anonymousreply 120September 24, 2018 11:48 AM

To R116, the way the building is set up, when coming up the escalator, on the left is a multi-screen cinema and on the right is the entrance to the Ugly Tuna. The only way to leave is either back down the escalator or out a back way from either establishment (e.g., emergency exits from the cinemas, which I think they would have, though I can't remember for sure as it's been awhile since I've been there). The most likely way he left that night (alive or dead) was through the construction area of the bar that is mentioned in the video at R81, though cameras in the area didn't show that as happening. Of course, someone could have stashed the body and moved it out days later.

by Anonymousreply 121September 24, 2018 12:16 PM

Jon Benet hated her parents and so she staged her suicide to look like a murder and land them in jail. Sadly for her she was young and naive and didn’t understand yet that the worse adults are, the better they tend to fare in the living world.

by Anonymousreply 122September 24, 2018 12:18 PM

😔 ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 123September 24, 2018 1:17 PM

What I find most damning to the parents in the JonBenét case is the ransom note demanding $118,000 - the EXACT amount her father had received for his end-of-year work bonus.

I’m not a true-crime buff, but all these years later, that number has stuck with me, and I didn’t have to look it up. The probability of a kidnapper asking for that very amount has to be statistically impossible.

by Anonymousreply 124September 24, 2018 1:19 PM

No, r62. Read the posts.

by Anonymousreply 125September 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Patsy Ramsey wrote that ransom note, I don't think anyone doubts it.

But there is evidence she did so not because SHE killed JonBenet, but because she was covering up for the real killer.

There's always the possibility she assumed her son had done it and her husband just let her think that.

by Anonymousreply 126September 24, 2018 2:14 PM

Natalie Woods Death:

Solution one: Christopher Walken hit her with a cowbell and she fell overboard.

Solution two: A dingo pushed her overboard.

by Anonymousreply 127September 24, 2018 2:18 PM

R127. Solution one is a excellent. He probably hit her once and Wagner said, "MORE COWBELL" and that was the end of her.

by Anonymousreply 128September 24, 2018 6:19 PM

Are we getting reward $$$$$$ for this OP?

by Anonymousreply 129September 24, 2018 6:25 PM

[R127]

That whole SNL cowbell skit was one big dark in-joke.

Don't Fear The Reaper indeed.

by Anonymousreply 130September 24, 2018 6:25 PM

Thanks for the fuller explanation, R121.

by Anonymousreply 131September 24, 2018 6:27 PM

R[128]

Thanks for ignoring solution number two on Natalie Wood's death.

I eat one baby, and I get blamed for everything now.

I have feelings too!

by Anonymousreply 132September 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Stonehenge was actually a marketplace for trading goods. People love to place mystical import on ancient dwellings but most reality is prosaic.

by Anonymousreply 133September 24, 2018 6:39 PM

Brian sounds like was doing a lot of shots. He probably fell into a body of water. His gf should not be in med school with a case of vocal fry like that. Egads!

by Anonymousreply 134September 24, 2018 6:49 PM

The dingo was also responsible for the Dyatlov Pass incident.

by Anonymousreply 135September 24, 2018 6:58 PM

[R135]

Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 136September 24, 2018 7:42 PM

If it wasn't the Dingo to blame, then who really killed that Australian baby?

For those who believe in CDAN, he updated the Robert Wood - Christopher Walken story today.

YouTube's got a video of a confession of a high up LE/Judge-type, essentially his death bed confession re JBR.

by Anonymousreply 137September 24, 2018 8:05 PM

[R137]

By a strange twi-light zone coincidence, the confession came from the honorable Judge Dingo.

by Anonymousreply 138September 24, 2018 8:49 PM

Crop Circles. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 139September 24, 2018 8:55 PM

Crop circles are boring. It’s been revealed how easy it is to do one overnight.

by Anonymousreply 140September 24, 2018 9:03 PM

What did happen at the Dyatlov Pass? Nuke testing? Aliens?

by Anonymousreply 141September 24, 2018 10:29 PM

I have a feeling that Brian's death had to do with money...also the hand signals he is doing in the pics...really weird and I did not notice them myself.

by Anonymousreply 142September 25, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote]Crop Circles. Discuss.

Stupid people who just post a topic and order us to discuss it, probably thinking they’re cute.

Discuss

by Anonymousreply 143September 25, 2018 3:17 AM

Jim Jones sounded a lot like Truman Capote in Murder By Death, the only time I ever heard him talk.

by Anonymousreply 144September 25, 2018 3:23 AM

Richard Cox is the only cadet to go missing from West Point. I think he eloped with his mysterious friend George to live as a gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 25, 2018 4:43 AM

R144, Did you ever see the vid of Jim Jones leading the singing of the national anthem of the USSR in SF? Most at that political rally would have been horrified at the extreme racial prejudice and homophobia that existed in Russia at that particular time period.

by Anonymousreply 146September 25, 2018 4:57 AM

R146, Didn't think I could still find the video I described.

Jim Jones quickly left the Mid West to avoid arrest for serial sexual, physical, and emotional abuse of underage congregants. He publicly whipped anyone he deemed "immoral."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 25, 2018 5:00 AM

The truth about crop circles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2018 9:42 AM

R124 Maybe someone who worked with her dad knew they amount of the bonus?

by Anonymousreply 149September 26, 2018 12:46 PM

It was weird Jones thought the USSR was some paradise for him and his followers. They were racist and homophobic, just as they are today. I believe there were plans in place to go there before they all killed themselves.

by Anonymousreply 150September 26, 2018 12:55 PM

The Brian Shaffer case is so bizarre. How the hell did that guy just disappear in a crowded bar with security cameras all over the place? Something obviously happened to him, but how?

by Anonymousreply 151September 26, 2018 1:01 PM

R160, Re The People's Temple, Recall this was soon after CA Governor Reagan agreed to release involuntarily committed mentally ill from hospitals. So SF Bay Area became a haven for the lost who weren't entirely self-sufficient. Liberal policies and the rep as a hippie/flower-children haven has always meant the lost from across the USA flocked to SF particularly if they were minorities.

Conservative business interests in SF and surrounding areas complained. about the likely growing detriment to local upscale restaurants and bars. Jim Jones support of USSR's Communism only fueled their desire to get rid of the "undesirables" by pushing all of them off on Guyana. Perhaps they were seen as welfare leeches. Not fair.

CIA recruited the fittest and bravest to fight as mercenaries undercover in various African countries, leaving a preponderance of elderly, disabled, sick and young single mothers with babies and kids. How Jim Jones thought they could tame the Guyana jungles to grow sufficient food, cope with the difficult climate as compared to SF, and prosper without sufficient medical care available to them is pure insanity. Maybe he really was running a "death cult."

by Anonymousreply 152September 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Adnan is innocent. Don did it.

by Anonymousreply 153September 26, 2018 1:38 PM

R145, that's the first I've heard of that case but I agree with you. The two of them most likely went off together and changed their names.

by Anonymousreply 154September 26, 2018 2:12 PM

Kyron Horman wandered away to look for tree frogs and got lost. His stepmother had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 155September 28, 2018 4:16 AM

The FBI grilled Richard Cox's roommates at to whether they saw any signs of homosexuality. They even took them to several gay bars in NYC hoping to find Richard.

by Anonymousreply 156September 28, 2018 5:05 AM

Wait, some guy's parents named him Richard Cox?

As in Dick Cock?

What asshole parents!

by Anonymousreply 157September 28, 2018 6:38 AM

Betty and Barney Hill were dosed with LSD by the government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 29, 2018 3:27 AM

Bobby Flay is the father of January Jones' son.

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2018 12:17 AM

R158, WHY do you say the Hill's were dosed with LSD? The vid shows that they were separately hypnotized.

by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2018 12:37 AM

Betty and Barney Hill were the first alleged alien abductees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2018 2:20 AM

R161, I know but do you believe their story? He sounds more honest but went along with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2018 2:29 AM

I think they believed it really happened.

by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2018 2:40 AM

Michael Peterson’s wife was attacked by an owl but that wasn’t what killed her. The owl injured her and escaped. Michael Peterson found his injured wife, took advantage of a job half done by what he legit thought was a human attacker and did the rest himself.

by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2018 7:38 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2018 10:05 PM

Even if Richard III didn't murder the two princes, both would be dead by now so who cares really ?

by Anonymousreply 166October 1, 2018 2:43 AM

The Phoenix Lights were really the military testing out aircraft.

by Anonymousreply 167October 1, 2018 3:54 AM

The Tara Calico case- She was accidentally hit and killed by car while riding her bicycle and her body was buried somewhere by the person responsible for her death.

by Anonymousreply 168October 1, 2018 4:19 AM

R79 didn't get the memo re: Bermuda Triangle

Huge extant underground volcanoes spewed metallic lava. Shifting of the tides results in huge whirpools and water spouts emanating from the mouth of volcanoes. Crowds of seaweed glut the ocean waters in the Sargasso sea crippling any vessel in their midst. The mystery was solved over 30 years ago but uneducated morons eat up myths and fodder.

In the link R79 provided regarding clouds, mention of a ship that recently went down because a dim caption thought he could withstand a hurricane is used as an example of the mysterious Bermuda Triangle.😂

by Anonymousreply 169October 1, 2018 4:49 AM

r59 That theory is from "The Bridge at Chappaquiddick" written by Jack Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 170October 1, 2018 5:00 AM

R81's link annoyed the fuck out of me. Sophomoric idiot pronunciation of "Eye-rack". Stupid millennial speak.

by Anonymousreply 171October 1, 2018 5:01 AM

[quote] that does cover a lot more of the inconsistencies in the official story which made Ted K out to be a ruthless, callous schemer.

[quote]MJK wasn't wearing underwear when she drowned, wonder why? And did the windows smash when the car went into the water?

Back in the 90s, a journalist Kenneth Kappel wrote a book on Chappaquiddick and he had the theory that the damage on the car wasn't from the water but from a previous accident that injured Mary Jo and that the damaged car was pushed off the bridge to cover up the previous accident. It is a crazy theory, but it's not the only crazy Chappaquiddick theory. There are theories that Nixon and the FBI set up the accident and attempted to frame Teddy. JFK conspiracy theory researchers believe Chappaquiddick had a link to the JFK's assassination because Mary Jo was a tenant of LBJ's corrupt crony pal Bobby Baker. Some researchers believed that MJK and Baker's secretary mistress Nancy Carole Tyler leaked political info they got from Florida senator George Smathers to LBJ about JFK replacing him as VP for the '64 election sometime before the Dallas trip.

by Anonymousreply 172October 2, 2018 3:53 AM

Regarding JonBenet, I think the father (with the mothers connivance) were pimping their kids to high powered pedos. And probably one of them got too rough with the girl and killed her. Fecal smearing is a sign of sexual abuse in children. Also an elder daughter of the father had died in an "accident" some years before 1996. All too suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 173October 2, 2018 4:23 AM

When I read these mentions of Jim Jones' abuse, NPD, and love of the U.S.S.R. I get my hopes up and fantasize some echoing event involving fentanyl. Then I'm bemused whether it's a good thing or a bad thing three traffickers were caught and charged with 100 kilos of fentanyl analogues and heroin.

by Anonymousreply 174October 2, 2018 4:27 AM

Maybe a link would be good r169, instead of being a complete cunt. While volcanoes and whirlpools may explain some things, what about all the planes that have disappeared? If you respond, please dial back the cuntiness if you can. I understand you live a sad and lonely life and your whore of a mother didn't properly toilet train you, but that's no reason to take it out on others. Sad

by Anonymousreply 175October 2, 2018 5:31 AM

Bruno Hauptmann wasn't involved in the kidnapping and murder of the Lindbergh baby.

by Anonymousreply 176October 2, 2018 9:12 PM

We know, r176. There was a thread about it recently. Credible books have been written in the last 20 years casting blame on both Anne Morrow’s crazy sister, and on Nazi-loving Lindbergh himself.

by Anonymousreply 177October 2, 2018 9:27 PM

There is a video on YouTube with a confession form a high level LE re JBR's murder. Every single time I try to post evidence of an alternative theory to MSM I get my posting privileges on DL restricted. Therefore I'm reluctant to post the link. Too many on DL are narrow-minded to the extreme IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 178October 2, 2018 11:33 PM

DIA, it's choice of location on a sacred Native American burial ground, why it went 2 Billion over budget, why even low level construction workers and truckers have to sign extremely strict confidentiality agreements just to work on the property, why mountains of dirt have been trucked out, etc, etc, etc, multiple mysterious surrounding it.

by Anonymousreply 179October 2, 2018 11:36 PM

Bigfoot & similarly-named creatures are not supernatural.

They're merely a very rare species within the ape family, which developed in isolation.

by Anonymousreply 180October 3, 2018 12:48 AM

The Sodder Children didn't burn up in the fire. They were kidnapped by enemies of their father & placed , probably individually, with new families, far away. Possibly even in Italy, where the Sodders originated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 3, 2018 12:51 AM

Those kids look like they do not have happy home lives.

by Anonymousreply 182October 3, 2018 12:55 AM

Literally 1000s of children & young women go missing from the US alone, each year, never found. They are not individual, random instances., but deliberate patterns.

They're kidnapped & smuggled out of the country, by organized human traffickers, for prostitution, sold adoptions, slavery & who knows what else.

Those same organizations of kidnappers are doing the same in reverse, from Latin America, Asia, Africa & the Mid East, to Europe & North America, mainly.

by Anonymousreply 183October 3, 2018 12:59 AM

The Phoenix Lights was a government experiment

by Anonymousreply 184February 9, 2019 3:48 AM

R98 R100 R176 Lindbergh killed the Lindbergh baby.

"What we know about Lindbergh’s character,” Gardner says, “is his desire to spread his healthy genes and his belief in the eugenics movement, which goes hand-in-hand with his pro-German feelings before the war. His secret affairs starting in 1957 with three women in Germany, two of them sisters, which led to seven children besides the six he had with his wife, are reminiscent of an experiment.”

At the same time, the author says there is “pretty good evidence” that little Charlie was not perfect. Although the child’s health and physical condition at the time of his abduction were downplayed – even hidden from a curious public and law enforcement by Lindbergh and the boy’s doctor – he appears to have been afflicted with a rickets-like condition that affected the development of strong bones. He required mega doses of Vitamin D and daily exposure to a sunlamp kept cribside. He also had hammertoes on his left foot, a too-large cranium and unfused skull bones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 9, 2019 4:02 AM

The Lindbergh Kidnapping: Did Charles Lindbergh Murder His Own Son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186February 9, 2019 4:04 AM

Stanley Kubrick died before Eyes Wide Shut was completed. The final film was cobbled together by producer/assistant director Brian Cook, editor Nigel Galt and writer Fred Raphael, which is why the ending feels like a labored imitation of a Kubrick film.

UFOs are all experimental military aircraft: Area 51=Nellis AFB, Roswell=Walker AFB.

JFK was a mob hit.

by Anonymousreply 187February 9, 2019 4:24 AM

Nichol Olsen and her daughters were murdered by the rich boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 188March 3, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]Bigfoot sightings are actually bears walking upright, usually in dense wooded areas.

This is also what I believe. I've never heard of an "up close" Bigfoot sighting, they're always at some distance.

by Anonymousreply 189March 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Brian Shaffer is probably the most baffling disappearance I've ever heard of. How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 190March 3, 2019 12:23 PM

R190 They recently pulled that bar apart where Brian was last seen, "The Ugly Tuna Saloona" and found nothing. He must have gone out the back way (a construction site) for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 191March 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Tammy Lynn Leppert was murdered by a crazy stalker who knew she was trying to break through as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2019 2:49 AM

We aliens are partying with Amelia Earhart, Judge Crater, and Jimmy Hoffa in the chamber under Oak Island.

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2019 6:13 AM

That's about as plausible as any of the other Oak Island theories, r193!

by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2019 12:28 PM

The way I understand it, there was only one other exit from the Ugly Tuna Saloona, which was also covered by a security camera, and there was no footage of Shaffer from that camera or the other ones on the street. It's like he just vanished into thin air inside the bar.

by Anonymousreply 195March 9, 2019 8:05 PM

Jon Benet was murdered by somebody in that house.

The note is the give away.

O.J. was present at the Rockingham murders. I'm still not sure what happened. There should have been a ton of blood in his truck. There wasn't. He walked through the carnage and there's no blood on the trucks' carpet?

The Bruno Magli shoes were the give away.

There is no such thing as "Bigfoot". If this thing actually existed, there would be a dead one.

JFK and RFK I have no idea. They were both killed by powerful forces. LHO was a patsy.

And UFOs. They are real.

by Anonymousreply 196March 9, 2019 8:49 PM

John Huston was the Black Dahlia killer.

by Anonymousreply 197March 9, 2019 8:54 PM

I think most Bigfoot sightings are bears walking on their hind legs, as another poster stated. I've never heard of a Bigfoot sighting happening up close, they're always at some distance. It's possible that bears on their hind legs, when seen from a distance, could be confused for Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 198March 9, 2019 8:55 PM

Dorothy Kilgallen either accidentally overdosed or committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 199March 9, 2019 9:03 PM

Marilyn Monroe, mob hit, ordered by the CIA - Gianacana Mob, to be specific. Nembutal up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 200March 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Brian Shaffer was very cute, So weird he just vanished. Maybe one day they will find his bones out back.

by Anonymousreply 201March 9, 2019 10:15 PM

I believe Brian Shaffer just sat some important exams for his 2nd year of medicine, he disappeared whilst out partying to celebrate end of exams. I would be interested to know how he did in them. If he flunked out it might give a little more credence to him disappearing intentionally. Still very weird though.

by Anonymousreply 202March 9, 2019 10:21 PM

Brian Shaffer is one of those cases that just stay on your mind. How a 6'3", 26 year-old man in peak physical condition could just disappear in a public place with people milling about everywhere and security cameras is just incredibly strange, and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 203March 9, 2019 10:48 PM

Who fucking let the dogs out?

by Anonymousreply 204March 9, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote]John Huston was the Black Dahlia killer.

I think it was him or his pal George Hodel. It's interesting how the rumors/stories of Huston and Hodel having orgies and sexually assaulting young women get ignored in the #metoo era. I'm guessing the Hustons find ways to keep certain things on down low.

by Anonymousreply 205March 10, 2019 4:27 PM

Philadelphia Jane Doe was Brianna Maitland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2019 10:56 PM

JFK - the CIA ordered it (pissed off about Bay of Pigs), Texas oilmen financed it (pissed that the oil subsidy was being reduced or eliminated) and the Mob carried it out (pissed off that they didn't have JFK in their pocket like they thought they would). The answer is known - Caroline had information frozen for another 50 years, Trump vowed to release the answer and then didn't - so whatever the truth is - it's big and there would be ramifications if known in our time.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2019 11:17 PM

Suzanne Lyall, the SUNY Albany student who disappeared in the late 90s, was killed by her boyfriend who she was about to break up with. He hid her body and it's never been found.

by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2019 11:19 PM

R149, And that worker had no family who would have noticed his absence on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning.

He parked...where? Wouldn't matter so much if his plan was to murder (and hang around writing a treatise on Patsy's tablet) and leave alone, but to carry a child without being seen would probably call for parking at the house. When would he have arrived?

Every moment an intruder spent in the house (hiding, luring, killing, finding things to use, writing, staging, walking, exiting,....) risked his life.

Occam never owned a sharper razor.

by Anonymousreply 209March 14, 2019 1:02 AM

One big thing about the Jonbenet case that's always stayed with me is that the cellar window that "the intruder" entered from was broken from the inside of the house, and not the outside. Also, the window had cobwebs on it that were undisturbed. If you've ever watched Forensic Files, this is usually when the cops are through playing games and basically drag the homeowner(s) by their collars down to the station to force a confession out of them.

The cops on that case were fucking unbelievable in their kid-glove treatment of the Ramseys.

by Anonymousreply 210March 14, 2019 1:25 AM

R181 If the Sodder kids were kidnapped but not harmed, why did none of them ever attempt to contact their parents or siblings? They were old enough (6-14) to know they had a family. Not one of the five reached out in the 40+ years that their mother remained alive and actively searching for them? That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 211March 14, 2019 11:12 AM

Okay, that Brian Shaffer case has driven me to a MARY! moment. I want to know where he is and why he isn't safe and throbbing in my arms. Maybe a shirtless picture of this ravishing vanishing woof will inspire a DataLounge sleuth to get on the hunt and help me find out what happened to Brian and his glorious nipples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 14, 2019 2:37 PM

you people only care about Brian Shaffer cause he was good looking, if he were ugly we wouldn't be talking about him

by Anonymousreply 213March 14, 2019 3:49 PM

Wasn’t there another, similar case to Brian Shaffer where a young man working at a bar was seen on security camera going to the basement, where there was no exit to the street, to check or change a keg and never seen again? Or am I conflating different mysteries?

The one mystery that creeps me out is Maura Murray. Whatever was going on with her that drove her make up the lie about a family death to head off skiing, I don’t think had anything to do with her disappearance. I think when her car broke down, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think she was grabbed and God knows what she suffered after that.

by Anonymousreply 214March 14, 2019 5:02 PM

Unfortunately, I think you're right r214. Some sicko just happened to be driving by, saw a crime of opportunity and grabbed her. Must've been somebody local because that road was really off the beaten path, it wasn't a main route.

by Anonymousreply 215March 14, 2019 5:18 PM

Patsy accidentally killed Jonbenet, probably there was a slip and fall situation in the bathroom. Not sure why no one ever discusses the father's military history and elite MIC job - he is EXACTLY the type to stage the scene like a salacious crime novel, these MIC guys all think they're masters of the universe and narrative control is their lifeblood. He was a darling for Lockheed at the time, he was one of the most successful tech entrepeneurs of the early tech era, which make no mistake, has always revolved around the DoD. The garotte and window and ransom note was pure theater. He was protecting his wife and his business, which was a billion dollar company at the time. The whole thing sounds directed by him, even though Patsy may have physically written the note.

Burke had no idea what was going on that night - big house, two determined parents covering up their big booboo. These stupid edgy new documentaries about "old" mysteries are turning everyone's brains to mush.

Oh and Adnan did it. I reckon the interest in this podcast can be distilled to millennial idiocy and naivete, of the same sort that had girls sending Dzokhar Tsarnaev love letters because he was so "dreamy". Anyway I watched all of those docs about Adnan. He comes across as a little playboy narcissist. The notes he wrote Hae in courtship are ludicrous in their faux-flattery. Hae was way too sheltered and thirsty to pick up on his game. When she realized he didn't really love her, they broke up. But no one breaks up with Adorable Adnan. This is a kid who has lied and used his charms to get ahead since he could talk, probably. He protesteth WAYYY too much, saying he never had a reason to kill/harm Hae. The reason is ego, always. He probably cheated on her or something banal like that. Isn;t it interesting that he has never expounded on the actual reason for the breakup, just that they had difficulties w/ their familys' acceptance? Which was bullshit bc Hae started dating some other dude right away(Hae was down for whatever, obviously, with this Don character, who I doubt would be passionate enough about her yet to strangle her in a rage).

by Anonymousreply 216March 14, 2019 5:51 PM

John composed the ransom note, Patsy penned it.

>>>>Written in block letters with a black felt-tip pen, the note had some major oddities. The author knew of John's business activities and a recent huge bonus he had received. The amount demanded for ransom was $118,000, the identical amount to his bonus. The money, the note said, was to be in $100,000 in $100 bills and the rest in $20 bills, placed in "an adequate size attaché case" (the note had an accent mark on the e for attaché, just as there is on the second e of JonBenét.) The note had details of Mr. Ramsey's career in the Navy, describing a year he spent in the Philippines at Subic Bay, called in the note the SBTC, as though the writer referred to the place often by those initials. It also had phrases such as "The delivery will be exhausting," "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter," and "we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics," the kind of jargon popular in military memos. Finally, the note referred to him as "John" 3 times in the last paragraph, but only as Mr. Ramsey in the formal opening. Based on this evidence, it was clear that the writer of the note was a sophisticated person with a military background and intimate knowledge of John Ramsey's life.

by Anonymousreply 217March 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Adnan's family has turned him into some sort of religious martyr, and it's nauseating. I'm glad his trial was just denied.

by Anonymousreply 218March 14, 2019 6:06 PM

Burke killed JonBenet and the parents covered it up.

The McCanns killed Maddie by accident and covered it up.

Kirk Douglas killed Jean Spangler.

"Joseph Newton Chandler III" was the zodiac killer.

Brianna Maitland was the Philadelphia Jane Doe (2017).

The Somerton man was killed by the husband of the nurse he had had an affair with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 16, 2019 12:31 AM

I don't think Brian Schaffer ever reentered the bar. My understanding is the tape shows him near the entrance and people assume he went in. I think he lingered, talking to the women shown in the tape. Then he left to catch up with his friends. Then something happened. I think his friend, the one who refused to cooperate with cops, killed him.

by Anonymousreply 220March 16, 2019 1:02 AM

If he had left he would've been seen on the CCTV camera.

by Anonymousreply 221March 16, 2019 1:11 AM

A two-bit, gold digging hooker became Vairst Leddy of the United States because 62,984,828 people woke up stupid the morning of November 8, 2016.

by Anonymousreply 222March 16, 2019 1:28 AM

Broke and desperate Steven Koechner was filming a gay for pay porn scene with a sinister and now defunct studio that was located mere blocks from his last cell phone pings. Something went wrong, they may have pressured him into doing something he didn’t want to do, and he ended up dead. The website had a reputation of being creepy and especially exploitative towards its performers and was shut down very shortly after koechner’s disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 223March 21, 2019 8:57 AM

Amy Bradley was moving around drunk on her small cruise ship balcony and accidentally fell overboard. Her body was never found because...vast ocean. The photos thought to be her were strong coincidences with a hooker with similar features and makeup that dates back to before Amy vanished.

by Anonymousreply 224March 21, 2019 5:58 PM

Any theories on these:

1.) George Smith - hot husband disappeared on honeymoon cruise in Mediterranean

2.) Aeryn Guillern - gay man last seen running screaming from a Vienna bathhouse

3.) Lars Mittank - British tourist last seen on CCTV running in a panic from airport in Bulgaria

by Anonymousreply 225March 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Aeryn Guillern: Drug induced panic attack, fell into the river and died.

Lars Mittank was a german tourist, not british.

by Anonymousreply 226March 21, 2019 9:03 PM

R226 - that’s my gut on Aeryn as well, though if you read up on his disappearance there is enough out there to pull you down some serious rabbit holes.

And thank you for the correction - you are 100% right, Lars was German. Not sure why I typed British?

by Anonymousreply 227March 21, 2019 9:11 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 228March 26, 2019 8:53 PM

What happened to some people in the clip at R81 - the British woman found hanged and the young German guy who was running without his bag?

by Anonymousreply 229March 26, 2019 10:09 PM

r1 are you an idiot? Everyone knows Joan Crawford killed Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 230March 26, 2019 10:10 PM

There are rumous that Aeryn's death wasn't investigated properly because he had hooked up with a (closeted) politician at the sauna before his disappearance R225.

by Anonymousreply 231March 26, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]Betty and Barney Hill were dosed with LSD by the government.

Before or after the UFO sighting?

by Anonymousreply 232March 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Betty and Barney Hill came from a party where they - a mixed-race couple - evidently felt some hostility from the other guests. The shared delusion was based on a nightmare that one or the other had and then became something that seemed real to them both. Barney at one point screamed that the aliens' eyes were everywhere looking at him - which sounds like a subconscious panic at the idea of the scrutiny that he faced in social life.

by Anonymousreply 233March 27, 2019 4:05 AM

I do think UFO abduction stories are just very vivid nightmares, or what are also called night terrors.

by Anonymousreply 234March 27, 2019 5:13 AM

James Dean could have avoided the death if Wütherich hadn’t had given him a bj in the car when Jame was driving. James died but Wütherich survived the crash.

by Anonymousreply 235March 27, 2019 5:23 AM

The Lindbergh baby was ashamed that his father was a fascist geek and that his rich mother wrote drippy inspirational pieces and had thrown herself away on the first fascist geek to come her way. So the baby set up its own kidnapping, and flung itself from Haputmann's arms in an act of suicide as Hauptmann climbed down the ladder, just to make the parents more depressed.

That was one evil little baby.

by Anonymousreply 236March 27, 2019 5:55 AM

R93 He also looks like Mia, who like Frank Sinatra, has soft features and blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 237March 27, 2019 7:56 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 238March 27, 2019 4:20 PM

There was an old rumour that the real reason Mia and Frank divorced was because Frank found out he is her bio dad ( he allegedly had an affair with Mia's mother in the 1940s). R237

by Anonymousreply 239March 27, 2019 5:31 PM

Lizzie Borden's father might have molested her, but he gave her enough motivation to kill him without that. His extreme frugality despite being rich. He made his family eat rancid soup that had been sitting out for days, they showed that in the tv movie. Both he and the stepmother clearly mistreated Lizzie until she snapped and got her revenge.

by Anonymousreply 240March 27, 2019 6:07 PM

The TV movie shows Mr. Borden and second wife Abby chowing down on that spoilt mutton broth. If Bridget (or Maggie) the maid felt crappy that hot day, she probably ate it, too. I don't think anyone was [italic]made[/italic] to eat it, though.

by Anonymousreply 241March 27, 2019 6:24 PM

Grandma ate the last slice of the Texas sheet cake.

by Anonymousreply 242March 27, 2019 7:13 PM

Harvey Levin is Mr.Fister (Chris Burrous case).

by Anonymousreply 243March 29, 2019 12:52 AM

R243 Donald Trump is Mr Fister!

by Anonymousreply 244March 29, 2019 6:01 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]Asha Degree was lured out of the house by an adult she knew the night she disappeared, under the guise that they were planning a special surprise for her parents' wedding anniversary

But her father saw her in bed at 12:30 am. How could an adult, even one she knew, lure her out of the house between 12:30 and 6am?

by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2019 10:26 PM

The Lindbergh baby was killed by Anne Morrow Lindbergh's crazy sister Elisabeth. Lindbergh staged the “kidnapping” to protect the family, and let an innocent man die.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2019 10:30 PM

Lindbergh killed the baby himself because and blamed it on the german guy.

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2019 10:32 PM

Charles Lindbergh killed Lizzie Borden’s parents.

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2019 2:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!