Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lawrence is OUT!

She parts ways with CAA. Is it because Weinstein's cock is no longer available to give her starring roles and Oscars?

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 23, 2018 8:24 PM

You mean the Fan Bingbing of America?

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2018 5:14 PM

Dunno, but her eye make-up looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2018 5:20 PM

The guy who used to be her agent until this news broke is dating an acquaintance of mine. I wonder if I could get anything out of him?

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2018 5:33 PM

R3, oh please get us some good gossip!

by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2018 5:39 PM

She could play that white trash Emily Slattery if “Gone With The Wind”’ is remade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2018 6:25 PM

Her face is starting to look like that of an older woman (perhaps Sally Struthers). I don't think she is going to age well.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2018 6:28 PM

Lol, [R5]!

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2018 6:29 PM

She's signing with WME and Adam Venit, who also reps her girlfriend, Emma Stone?

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2018 6:30 PM

I wondered about this too; it seems odd that she left them so suddenly after so long.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2018 6:30 PM

I smell a meltdown coming...

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2018 6:32 PM

[quote] I wonder if this was caused by “Mother!”

Leave her out of this.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2018 6:33 PM

She's not attractive. She's not talented. She has an awful personality.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2018 6:34 PM

She has the kind of looks that degrade quickly after 30: pale coloring and no bone structure. Sally Struthers is a good comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2018 6:38 PM

OMG Pie Face is fucking Leo.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2018 6:38 PM

Wait, what, [R14]? She’s screwing Leo D.?

I haven’t heard that anywhere...

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2018 6:42 PM

IF she's smart she would take her $$$$$ and go do something else. Nothing against her but what a grind/land of diminishing returns for an IT girl as she ages. Julia Roberts = exhibit A

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2018 6:42 PM

R9 I heard that Mother was so fucking terrible, it was laughable. And whatever her spy/ballerina (AS IF!) movie was also bombed. Ruh-roh! Seems like someone can't put their money where their mouth is. All hype, no follow through.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2018 6:42 PM

Something about her chin bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2018 6:43 PM

[R12], that is the opposite of what we hear about her all the time in the media.

Tell us more!!

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2018 6:43 PM

Good riddance

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2018 6:44 PM

[R20], tell us more! Is Jennifer a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2018 6:45 PM

[quote]—Need gossip—what is her reputation like in Hollywood (for real)?

Pretty much what people on DL think her reputation is... a smug, awful, talentless, bitch who fucked for roles.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2018 6:45 PM

Wow, [R22]? For real?!

She was supposed to be America’s Sweetheart and *so* down to earth!

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2018 6:48 PM

R22 Can you or someone here refresh my memory? What, if anything, did she have to say about Pig Weinstein? Oh let me guess, she never heard about it either? I know she came out with some bullshit story of being put in a naked line up or some shit, but it had nothing to do with him. Deflect much?

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2018 6:49 PM

Is this decline in industry popularity and career changes Harvey related?

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2018 6:49 PM

She's also been known to hold up shoots so she can finish episodes of Real Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2018 6:50 PM

I never thought she was a great actress. I though she had some talent that could have been developed with acting classes. But the accolades came so early in her career that she suffers from the same thing that many not so great talents do - she never tasted struggle and tried to improve and grow as an actor.

Add to that that she has very little education, an annoying personality and a shapeless face (made only worse by a bad nose job), and you have someone who is going to have a hard time figuring her career in her 30s.

She should have a talk with AnnE Hathaway who was another Hollwyood darling in need of toning it down.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2018 6:50 PM

Can you share some details, R12?

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2018 6:51 PM

And everyone knows she's terrified the truth about her background will come out.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2018 6:52 PM

I think she is a good actor, I am surprised she went to a different agency.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2018 6:55 PM

Like Julia Roberts, she's a personality not an actress.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2018 6:56 PM

R29 What is her background? Stripper? Hooker? (not that surprising as it seems all actresses are hookers one one level or another)...

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2018 6:57 PM

I’ve been surprised how much I dislike almost every JL performance after Winter’s Bone. Shocked. I agree with R27. Another wasted talent.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2018 6:59 PM

Details on her mysterious past, [R29]?

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2018 7:01 PM

Winter’s Bone was by far and away her best acted role. Everything after has been downhill really. I don't think that she is a bad actress by any means, she just isn't a great actress. I agree with the above posters that she was given too much, too soon. She will always be loaded, but her star will fade quickly.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2018 7:03 PM

For the love of GOD!!!!!! What about her terrible past!!!!!!! I must know!!!

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2018 7:06 PM

I would love to know about her past also, but the secret might not be terrible at all. Likely, she is just super privileged or something and had absurd connections at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2018 7:12 PM

She comes from a privileged background but it's not a secret.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2018 7:15 PM

I thought it was that she lied about dropping out of high school at like 14. So, stage parents and uneducated, like Britney?

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2018 7:21 PM

Yep, just Googled it. Dropped out at 14 but is "self-educated." Ok hun. You really seem like an intellectual giant. What's the last book you read, R.L. Stine?

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2018 7:25 PM

It sure wasn't Red Sparrow. If it was it wouldn't have been a shock how poorly it was received.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2018 7:28 PM

MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2018 7:29 PM

Just an averagely pretty girl next door who most likely voluntarily did whatever was required with whatever powerful man to make it. Never accused Weinstein or any man of anything but dissed a woman who discussed her sexual attractiveness during an audition.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2018 7:56 PM

In just about every film I've watched her in, I simply see a very young woman ACTING. Like, high school drama class ACTING. Not immersed, not convincing, not lost in the character, not even adequately doing her job. Just going through her fucking lines and pretending. I recently caught "Joy" on TV and found myself talking out loud, saying things like "Jesus Christ, this is awful" and "What is this shit?" Yes, I live alone. Yes, I drink alone.

Having said that, I am apparently the only person on earth who actually liked Mother! and she was not awful in it. *ducks all the flying produce hurled in my direction*

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2018 8:08 PM

Yes! R44. That’s it! ACTING.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2018 8:11 PM

Christian Bale made her look like an amateur in American Hustle.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2018 8:13 PM

She's also really close friends with the Kardashian family too. Especially Kris Jenner.

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2018 8:20 PM

I’m almost positive that she is older than she claims. I was casting something in Cincinnati in the early oughts and an agent suggested her and then pulled back saying she was a little too young. The role was for someone of her type but in her early to mid-twenties; JLaw would have been about 13 at the time, if she was really born in ‘90, and there’s no way a 13 year old would have been thought of for the part.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2018 8:22 PM

R43 I've seen Red Sparrow. In my defense, I watched it for Joel Edgerton. There's a point in the film where the spies in training are taught to use sex to get what they want. I thought this is exactly what little Jenny did to get her breakout and award winning roles. She's basic in all regards. You can't tell me she didn't trade pus for parts.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2018 8:28 PM

OMG, she was just on Medium. I couldn't be sure because she looked so young. Apparently she did another episode as well playing young Alison. Sooo young. Then again, that was 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2018 8:31 PM

R50 I loved the show Medium. I can't believe I don't remember her on it.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2018 8:33 PM

She's had her iPhone hacked & pics leaked, yes?

She's fucked for roles (up to and including Harvey), yes?

What more don't we know about her that we'd hope to find out?

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2018 8:34 PM

Sometimes women can be decent cocksuckers, but it doesn't happen much.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2018 8:40 PM

Someone post the hilarious anus closeup from the thread about her perfume! Her petina was frightful.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2018 8:50 PM

After the fappening and Weinstein’s scandal, she has seemed off track. Spielberg and McKay (sp?) dropped her from projects. Isn’t it common knowledge she had sex with Harvey and DOR? Would not be surprised to find out she was a hooker before being “discovered.” And her recent movie track record shows she needs new representation. She is already being replaced by Margot Robie as IT girl.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2018 9:06 PM

She was miscast in the films she made for David O. Russell. Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle & Joy all called for slightly older actresses who could also play a character with life experiences, something that was beyond JLaw. Sure she was charismatic but she wasn't believable - she was like a teenager playing dress-up.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2018 9:07 PM

This is her on today's episode, r51. Her character works in her mother's bridal shop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2018 9:16 PM

R56 I agree about her being miscast and too young to play some of her roles - she tries to make up lack of life ecperience with cocky confidence which makes these characters very shallow

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2018 9:25 PM

I always thought she was remarkably unphotogenic for a major film actress. Big forehead, chubby cheeks, stubby nose, pointy chin, dead eyes, lots of moles, thick legs...

She does little to hide her arrogance, ignorance, and crass demeanor in interviews and public appearances, so I can’t say the backstage stories are a surprise. But the media almost never calls her out for bad behavior—everything she does is spun to be quirky, down to earth, and relatable.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2018 9:50 PM

R59 Crass?? Just because I'm really proud of how fast I can piss on the shitter and constantly mention it in interviews? How dare you! Don't you know I'm American's sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2018 9:59 PM

I always heard that she was extremely ambitious and determined to be a top actress from a very early age, as in sleeping with anyone and everyone who could possibly help her work her way up after she dropped out of school.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2018 10:03 PM

She did an interview for CBS's Sunday Morning. She seemed very self-conscious about her lack of education.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2018 10:10 PM

[quote] She's had her iPhone hacked & pics leaked, yes? She's fucked for roles (up to and including Harvey), yes?

Yes. During frapgate there was one set of photos that was quite obviously her, naked while giving a blow job. The dick was widely assumed/alleged to be Harvey's.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2018 10:30 PM

Who is DOR?

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2018 10:36 PM

David O. Russell

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2018 10:37 PM

Tag team?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2018 10:39 PM

Why are Jews so fucked up?

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2018 10:44 PM

Why do so many of you hate round faces? I don't like Jlaw either and I have always known she was lying about her past. Personally I think those leaked pictures were some she took for Weinstein. You'll notice in some pictures she looks relaxed while other she looks posed and uncomfortable. **Is hating round faces a (white) gay man thing because that seems to be said a lot about different actresses as well. It's like you all just favor high cheek bones and angular faces. I do agree she had dead eyes but that's because she's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2018 10:59 PM

The fappening shots of her was a warning to her to fall in line. Her attitude did change after.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Red Sparrow really showed how reviews are 100% bought: i remember reading so many reviews saying it was an absolute mesmerizing movie. Then it was released: zero buzz, no awards or anything, and totally ignored by the public.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2018 11:23 PM

R70 that's a total lie!!!

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2018 11:27 PM

Nicholson never had an agent and he did just fine. Lawrence probably not so much.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2018 11:32 PM

W&W for R1. Hilarious thread cross-reference!

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2018 11:46 PM

Her casting as Mystique threw that whole series out of whack. Her character was better as a noir fatale. Instead they wasted time on making her sympathetic because Lawrence's star blew up. Good for business but bad for the series.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2018 12:02 AM

The blowjob photos r63 refers to were not "obviously" her but you'll never convince people of it. All you could see was forehead and eyes and they didn't even look like her.

Lots of the F*ppening pics were lookalikes mixed in with real photos. Some of the fakes were even identified and the originals linked to.

The pics which were obviously JL showed her looking upset and crying. I think she's a shit actress but she didn't look like she was some hardass schemer.

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2018 12:15 AM

[quote]it seems all actresses are hookers

Who is even coming to DL these days?

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2018 12:16 AM

I thought she was good in Silver Linings Playbook - and she looked better with dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2018 12:21 AM

Bitch is ovah. Maybe Fan Bingbing is on her way to steel her career.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2018 12:25 AM

She looks more and more like a trailer park whore with each passing day. Just like Johnny Depp the Kentucky always catches up to you.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2018 12:26 AM

R78 We can't even find Bingbing! Where's Bingbing?

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2018 12:27 AM

I think she’d be a great actor if she had gone to drama school somewhere between, say, The Burning Plain and Winter’s Bone.

She has too many bad habits thanks to her favourite directors encouraging her sass on screen. I cringe everytime she screams like an hysterical silent film actress. I remember in the second Hunger Games film she practically went out of character to upstage Jena Malone in their shared scenes, and I kind of started to mistrust her on screen at that point.

And then one time at the Oscars in the background of someone else’s interview when Kristen Stewart hobbled down the red carpet looking frail on crutches, Jennifer prowled is to her like a panther ready to destroy her (crash her shot).

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2018 12:59 AM

Jen loves doing that:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2018 1:05 AM

R81, I remember liking her performance in Winter’s Bone very much.

8 years later, it seems like a fluke. I think winning an Oscar for a nothing special performance in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and almost winning a second for her terrible accent work in ‘American Hustle’ dampened any desire she may have had to push herself to grow. She has clearly bought into her own hype (she referred to herself as “an artist” in an interview with Charlie Rose back when Joy came out), and thinks she can do whatever she wants without it influencing her respect in the industry, status as an Oscar perennial, popularity with the public, etc.

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2018 1:18 AM

I have seen her in a few good roles...I liked Winter Bones and American Hustle the best.

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2018 1:24 AM

In several of those fappening pics it seems like she is awkwardly posting for a producer or casting agent.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2018 1:30 AM

But I gotta Oscah bitches!

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2018 1:55 AM

Isn't she famous for being in kids movies?

by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2018 1:56 AM

I would be shocked if she ever came back as a big star. She peaked way too young with Hunger Games and an Oscar. And she seemed too greedy, even saying she wants to be the #1 actress who is paid the most etc. She’s not very bright or talented.

by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2018 2:03 AM

I think Julia Roberts is a better actress and a star, for all her limitations. She can play bitter and cruel or sensible and ordinary with less of a fussy, “look at me!” style.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2018 2:22 AM

And you earned it, Jen at R86... on your back...

and with your mouth...

and with your eyes sealed shut!

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2018 2:24 AM

I don't know how she read her spy, BALLERINA! RUSSIAN!-accented script and was like, "Sure, I can do that! It won't hurt my career or make me a joke at all!"

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2018 2:24 AM

Jennifer needs to figure out a role that will make her a hit with audiences again. They kept putting her in things like Red Sparrow or mother! that did not work for her. And I don’t like Julia Roberts but they definitely figured out how to market her for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2018 2:25 AM

There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and declaring your ambition. JLaw likes being a movie star. There is something wrong with making statements like that and going the tired, tired, TIRED route of going after that ambition by "learning" from old fart men thirty years older than you are. That is STUPID. That is DUMB. They don't KNOW shit about someone your age, you're just going to be their little misogynist fantasy with a pretentious coating. Everything she says about her career goes down the shitter when you look at her taste in directors. Old men. Very retro.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2018 2:27 AM

I think Julia Roberts had a whole lot better idea of what made her commercial and what scripts would work for her.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2018 2:28 AM

She could make a comeback. She definitely has some talent in the right role. She just was suddenly in everything, and then in a bunch of roles she wasn't right for (mostly too young), and then hit media saturation. But if she goes away for a while and comes back with a few strong lead roles in small films and some strong supporting roles in bigger films, she'd be fine.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2018 2:29 AM

This was the beginning of the end. I remember the tone in that room... Hollywood was over them both. They were besties who were gonna take Hollywood by storm with some script that never really came to fruition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2018 2:31 AM

Jack Nicholson did so have an agent (that's the Nicholson you're talking about, right). Sandy Bressler. Never left him. I know this because I wanted to find out what happened with a soap actor who suddenly quit his show, and I asked a friend who was in a position to find out that sort of thing. The funny thing was when she asked Bressler's office about the soap actor, his office goes, "He's on a soap!" and my friend goes, "No, he quit! Weeks ago! Do you know what happened?"

Nope.

My friend just shrugged and said Bressler had represented Nicholson for so long he probably never even paid attention to his (few) other clients. He knew Nicholson would be with him for the duration (at that point, Nicholson already had been) and was rich because of it.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2018 2:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2018 2:34 AM

Isn't Nicholson said to be permanently sidelined with an onset of dementia at this point?

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2018 2:36 AM

I remember that, too, R96. I liked them both at the time fine, but when they sashayed on stage with that schtick, I changed the channel. I was just OVER them. They had their heads up their ass and thought they were much funnier than they were. They weren't being funny. They were sort of playing the part of two big stars sending themselves up, while skipping the whole "You have to be funny when you do that" part. They were self-amused and didn't pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2018 2:37 AM

R99, I'm the one with the Bressler story. MY story goes back to the 90s. Bressler was already rich from Nicholson by that point. Practically a one man shop, but HUGE client he'd had for years. I was just posting it in response to someone posting that Nicholson didn't have an agent but he did alright. He did have an agent. Bressler.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2018 2:39 AM

JLaw does seem to have figured out that unless you're actually promoting something, best thing to do is just stay under the radar. Let the public miss you between projects. That's what Sandra Bullock does. Julia Roberts finally figured it out too.

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2018 2:41 AM

Julia is in a new Netflix show and Ben is Back.

Sandra is 50 and limited by her recent bout of plastic surgery.

I don’t think they have figured out a new role for Katniss. Is she a romantic lead? An action star? A comedian? I don’t get her gameplay leaving CAA.

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2018 2:46 AM

Didn't Sandra just have a summer sleeper with Ocean's 8?

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2018 2:48 AM

Yes. But her face is too jacked for other roles.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2018 2:49 AM

Remember when she scratched her butt on the sacred rocks in Hawaii? She sure is hoot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2018 2:52 AM

Of course there's been no formal announcement, r99, but that's the story that's been going around for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2018 2:52 AM

*a hoot

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2018 2:53 AM

The first and last impression I had of JLaw was from American Hustle, and she was SO miscast. Bale and Adams were FANTASTIC, and Adams was/is a much better actress (hell, even loved her in Drop Dead Gorgeous) but the woman seemed like she was in her early 30s in that movie. Not sure if that was the intention, I'd imagine not but she was ridiculous and looked like a bird was perched on her head throughout most of it.

Also saw Joy, thought the original QVC Joy was more interesting and engaging at 4am on a Sunday morning that Lawrences character in that.

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2018 2:59 AM

Yeah I never got why they kept putting her in roles she was obviously way too young for. She wasn't / isn't a good enough actress to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2018 3:01 AM

Now, both Amy and JLaw have been launched into sun. Bye, bye girls!

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2018 3:05 AM

Amy Adams is well and good, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2018 3:08 AM

Oh, you mean Schumer. Never mind, haha.

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2018 3:08 AM

I think Jennifer will land on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2018 3:11 AM

At 28, she seems old which is weird. Way too much overexposure. I get why she wants to shake things up but aren’t the recent choices her fault? She will probably land at another agency that can give her more attention.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2018 3:13 AM

[quote] I think Jennifer will land on her feet.

Or on her back. On some director's/producer's bed.

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2018 3:13 AM

I think she'll land on her knees.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2018 3:13 AM

Is she still with Aronofsky?

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2018 3:16 AM

She's an Oscar winning actress. And Hunger Games made a fortune. There is a bright future for Miss Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2018 3:18 AM

No. She has a more age appropriate boyfriend now.

Streep STARTED at age 28. I didn’t realize Jennifer was with CAA from age 18 until now. With Harvey, nude pix and recent misfires, this little filly needs a new start.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2018 3:21 AM

Some studio is developing a series of action movies for her to star in.

by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2018 3:24 AM

Agree. She could line up a Marvel film and also a couple of projects with Oscar winning indie directors. She should dump Amy Schumer and follow the advice here for free.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2018 3:31 AM

She already has a Marvel film lined up. The next X-Men film is being released next year.

by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2018 3:33 AM

And she's starring in the Barbarella movie.

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2018 3:34 AM

She is still playing Mystique? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2018 3:36 AM

When Lindsay Lohan calls you out on fucking for roles, gurl, you know you've got a problem...

by Anonymousreply 126September 19, 2018 3:37 AM

R90, Can you please explain your "eyes wide shut" comment?

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2018 4:33 AM

Shouldn't someone like actually pretty play Barbarella?

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2018 4:33 AM

I can't find any news online about Lawrence playing Barbarella.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2018 4:35 AM

Ariana Grande is remaking Red Sonja with Bryan Singer directing. I would think J Law might be a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2018 4:38 AM

She’s 28? I thought 42!

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2018 5:10 AM

I've never liked her she's too try hard.

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2018 5:15 AM

She wasn't born in 1990

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2018 6:10 AM

after mother! and Red Sparrow in a row she should just change her name, dye her hair and become a librarian in Ohio or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 134September 19, 2018 9:48 AM

I really liked her in "Passengers". (*ducks from the veg produce*). She was well-cast. The scene where she was hurling a big sledgehammer to open a door was basically her Kentucky self in a nutshell.

"Serena" could have been a good movie vehicle for her too. Again, close to her Kentucky state roots (riding horses, felling trees with an axe like a lumberjack). But that film unraveled towards the end.

She's an actor who is good in roles where she plays herself: tomboyish, in-your-face, haughty, loud, guffawing.

by Anonymousreply 135September 19, 2018 10:59 AM

I've always thought she looked old for her age, which is probably why she kept getting cast as older characters.

by Anonymousreply 136September 19, 2018 11:31 AM

God Red Sparrow sucked anus so hard

by Anonymousreply 137September 19, 2018 11:37 AM

When I saw the title of the thread I misinterpreted it. I thought " who's her girlfriend?"

by Anonymousreply 138September 19, 2018 1:00 PM

Jennifer is so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 139September 19, 2018 2:21 PM

I just watched Winter's Bone last night. It was a good movie, but her performance was just meh. Even when she was crying she had no expression on her face. I thought Dale Dickey (the scary cousin who hacks off Jessup's hands) waaaay out-acted JLaw. Those clips of her and Amy Schumer up thread are nauseating. SOOOO pleased with themselves. No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 140September 19, 2018 2:24 PM

Jennifer is so out, she's in again.

by Anonymousreply 141September 19, 2018 2:31 PM

Yes, she was born in 1990. It’s called math.

by Anonymousreply 142September 19, 2018 2:36 PM

Serena was the biggest bomb of this century. Joy was such an epic disaster that after years i still can make sense of why it was green lit, produced and distributed.

by Anonymousreply 143September 19, 2018 2:37 PM

She has a tarted up white trash look about her.

by Anonymousreply 144September 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Yeah, she kind of looks like a Kentucky interstate lot lizard after a Dillard's cosmetics counter makeover.

by Anonymousreply 145September 19, 2018 2:43 PM

LMFAO R145!!!! Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 146September 19, 2018 2:46 PM

I want to check out the leaked pics, but I can't access them without a gazillion instant pop-ups of what is apparently an endless supply of girls near me who want to fuck. I feel like my phone is probably infected now, and I need a Silkwood shower.

by Anonymousreply 147September 19, 2018 2:54 PM

After the next X-Men film she only has one project in development (the silicone valley true story “Bad Blood”) that won’t be released for a couple of years at least. If it’s good, that kind of movie could right the ship for her.

by Anonymousreply 148September 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Outside of Hunger Games, hasn’t she bombed as a lead in all her non-Katniss films? I don’t get her or why she was so overpai.

by Anonymousreply 149September 19, 2018 3:11 PM

J'adore Jennifer Lawrence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 19, 2018 3:17 PM

Dear God American Hustle was awful. Lawrence was bad enough, but did you catch Elizabeth Rohm as the wife of Jeremy Renner's character? One of the worst screen performances ever.

by Anonymousreply 151September 19, 2018 3:21 PM

R127 the post your referring to says sealed not wide.

by Anonymousreply 152September 19, 2018 3:28 PM

R149, Silver Linings Playbook did well, but it was a slow burner saved by awards season attention. American Hustle did well (although she wasn't a lead). Joy was maybe borderline. Red Sparrow and Passengers actually did OK because of international box office, but not nearly what was expected. Serena and Mother! were undeniably flops.

by Anonymousreply 153September 19, 2018 3:37 PM

mother! will become a cult camp classic. And J-Law will rebound.

by Anonymousreply 154September 19, 2018 3:42 PM

R147 Probably on celebjihad but not sure. I remember they were all over twitter and one thing that I unfortunately cannot unsee was her on the sofa and a pair of men's shoes on the floor. And another where only thing I remember was two wine glasses and a men's coat that looked to be in size XL.

by Anonymousreply 155September 19, 2018 3:50 PM

I also strangely remember the art and framed pictures on the wall.

Nature, birds and such....like old people's homes type of art/ pics.

by Anonymousreply 156September 19, 2018 3:56 PM

hmmm interesting.

by Anonymousreply 157September 19, 2018 3:58 PM

Brie Larson's naked pics were leaked too during the Fappening. And they were all boringly pretentious just like her.

by Anonymousreply 158September 19, 2018 4:19 PM

R153, those are all movies I would never see or watch again. LOL

by Anonymousreply 159September 19, 2018 4:31 PM

R158 Yuk. I'd rather see JLaw nude any day than that sanctimonious bitch Larson.

by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2018 5:58 PM

J-Law said that Harvey never acted out of line with her and was a "fatherly figure".

So EVERY SINGLE MODERATELY ATTRACTIVE WOMAN this guy ever came across he tried to fuck, forced himself on, and raped .....some 200 accusers at this point .... but not even remotely interested in a pretty blond southern gal with sass and ass and tits and a great body?????

He had a meeting with a computer nerdy gal and in the recent video she recorded, Harvey tried to put his hand up her dress in the first 10 seconds of the meeting lol ..... but never wanted to fuck Jennifer Lawrence? That's a little odd, dontcha say?

Someone please explain that to me.

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2018 6:44 PM

[quote]Someone please explain that to me.

In three words:

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2018 6:48 PM

I'm not carrying water for JLaw or anyone else, but you have to be careful with presumptions like that R161. "But he didn't do it to her!" isn't a defense, and it shouldn't be used as an offense against someone who doesn't claim to be a victim either.

Maybe she's lying, maybe she acquiesced, maybe she doesn't want it publicly known (I know I wouldn't), maybe she was super lucky in that she was well protected and family/managers never allowed her to be alone with him. Harvey was also a savvy motherfucker. By the time she did a Weinstein film, she already had an Oscar nom, X-Men and Hunger Games and huge buzz. Meanwhile his power was waning. Maybe he bided his time thinking there would come a time when she was desperate for a role and would pounce then.

According to Uma, Harvey went after her not before or around the time of Pulp Fiction, but after when they'd already had other projects lined up. Until then she said they had a good working relationship. If Harvey had been exposed after Pulp Fiction but before he would have attacked Uma, would you assume she was lying?

by Anonymousreply 163September 19, 2018 7:08 PM

I kind of doubt she got that far with Harvey and DOR because they thought she was a nice girl. She put out for parts and quickly rode the pole to Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 164September 19, 2018 7:21 PM

Anything's possible, but by the time she got to Weinstein and DOR, she was already next level. Remember the Sony leak--she was the absolute it girl. They were centering American Hustle promo around her and Pascal even suggested giving her Cleopatra and dumping Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 165September 19, 2018 7:31 PM

LOL R126. It wouldn't surprise me if JLaw has fucked for roles, but unlike La Lohan, she got success and fortune out of it. What does Lohan have to show for all her years on her back and on her kness?

by Anonymousreply 166September 19, 2018 7:31 PM

I have no doubt that she was shining Harvey's pole well before she starred in one of his projects. You have to pay your dues before reaping the rewards.

by Anonymousreply 167September 19, 2018 7:33 PM

This was my favorite J-Law nudie. I actually have it saved on my laptop, because it makes me giggle everytime I see it - it's just so hilariously unsexy. She looks like a slutty milkmaid waiting to drop a big turd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 19, 2018 7:43 PM

R160, the sanctimonious bullshit will kill their careers faster than anything else. J. Law's SJW virtue signaling hurt the box office of her last two movies and will probably make a huge dent in the profits for Captain Marvel. People don't want to pay money to be lectured by pampered millionaires.

by Anonymousreply 169September 19, 2018 8:36 PM

Frau at r163: Harvey wouldn’t have propositioned Jennifer because she was Mystique! And was the latest in a long line of ingenue Oscar nominees! She was waaayyy to powerful for him!

by Anonymousreply 170September 19, 2018 8:37 PM

As evidenced by the many nudes on her phone, her power was handing over her body to whatever man could give her the best opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 171September 19, 2018 8:41 PM

Just to remind everyone, I have yet to make a comment on Harvey Weinstein and my interactions with him .....

(even though I've been photographed several times with him in NYC, and as you already know, worked with Harvey as well).

by Anonymousreply 172September 19, 2018 9:00 PM

[quote]LOL [R126]. It wouldn't surprise me if JLaw has fucked for roles, but unlike La Lohan, she got success and fortune out of it. What does Lohan have to show for all her years on her back and on her kness?

As someone with some knowledge on this I thought I would respond, R166.

Fucking for roles got Lohan nowhere... because she never fucked for roles (she didn't have to). She fucked for cash.

Lohan can be indignant and angry and throw shade at Lawrence because she didn't do the same things for stardom and she thinks she's better than that.

Obviously in her mind being a Yacht girl is much more respectable.

by Anonymousreply 173September 19, 2018 9:05 PM

She will be fine. CAA has been loosing a lot of clients this past year. I even read that Shirley MacLaine left....

People in the comments section at variety.com act like they know what they’re talking about and said there was an accident is there but I can’t remember for what reason.

by Anonymousreply 174September 19, 2018 9:06 PM

R170, you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 175September 19, 2018 9:06 PM

R175, go back to ONTD.

by Anonymousreply 176September 19, 2018 9:12 PM

R172 God she is the blandest bowl of oatmeal ever on screen

by Anonymousreply 177September 19, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote]People in the comments section at variety.com act like they know what they’re talking about and said there was an accident is there but I can’t remember for what reason.

What else do you remember, r174?

This is why I miss Deadline in the Finke days. There was soooo much dirt.

by Anonymousreply 178September 19, 2018 9:20 PM

LOSING. The work is LOSING. Not LOOSING. Loosing is not a word.

by Anonymousreply 179September 19, 2018 9:26 PM

^^^WORD jfc.

by Anonymousreply 180September 19, 2018 9:27 PM

R168 I've never seen that photo before - it's hilarious. J-Law should have used it to promote her 'Joy' perfume.

by Anonymousreply 181September 19, 2018 9:28 PM

[quote] Loosing is not a word.

Unless it's applied to JLaw's vagina.

by Anonymousreply 182September 19, 2018 9:28 PM

Again the fappening pics of Jen wasn't a hack and release. It was a warning.

Think of the photos that were released. None of the photos, like the one at R168, would have been on her own phone.

by Anonymousreply 183September 19, 2018 9:30 PM

I don't think anybody would choose Lohan's fate over Lawrence's. Unless she goes Johnny Depp stupid, which is certainly possible, Lawrence will be rich until she dies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 19, 2018 9:30 PM

r173 Lohan was a child star with a horrific family, who are sadly not unusual in LA. I cut her a lot of slack because of that. I'm not saying I'd want to do a project with her, but child stars are a different category.

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2018 9:31 PM

R185 what's your point? I wasn't bashing Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 186September 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Lohan had shitty parents who used her as an ATM. This is absolutely true. But at a certain point, a shitty childhood isn't an excuse anymore. She could choose to cut ties and get her ass deep therapy, but she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 187September 19, 2018 9:38 PM

Strange, R184 doesn't show up for me.

by Anonymousreply 188September 19, 2018 9:41 PM

[quote]Lawrence will be rich until she dies.

Don't be so sure about that.

by Anonymousreply 189September 19, 2018 9:42 PM

I did say "unless she goes Johnny Depp stupid" R189

by Anonymousreply 190September 19, 2018 9:45 PM

Blind Gossip claims she has been choosing her own roles over her agents' advice and that they're not sad to see her go cause of her personal antics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 19, 2018 9:51 PM

Omg!

by Anonymousreply 192September 19, 2018 9:53 PM

R183 in that case (and I agree with you) it was a warning to many actresses. Jlaw wasn't the only one who was "hacked". Brie larsen was another one.

by Anonymousreply 193September 19, 2018 10:17 PM

I'm aware, but I'm also aware that there was a reason for warning Lawrence. The rest was collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 194September 19, 2018 10:29 PM

Why do I think the “source” for that blind item is Reese Witherspoon? LOL

by Anonymousreply 195September 19, 2018 11:28 PM

I think she was hoping Aronofsky would be her new Harv, getting her choice roles even if they weren't in his films.

by Anonymousreply 196September 19, 2018 11:44 PM

R194 What was the reason behind that warning? What did she do that forced execs to release those pics?

by Anonymousreply 197September 19, 2018 11:50 PM

An agency like CAA is good for franchises and good for packaging. Most of the time the packaging isn't right for a particular star. She needs an agent who will get her, who will keep her away from pushing-fifty male directors who cast her in roles too old for her and are sleaze-adjacent. Sparrow and Mother did her no favors but she also had to claw past her David Russell vehicles like Selena and fucking JOY. The Oscar nom for Joy was b.s. - a back-scratching deal, like in the era of Weinstein. At this point she is at the stage of an actress twenty years older clinging to her position. She has to re-set. Brie Larson took over her "Glass Castles" role and ALSO has a franchise, is about the same age, an Oscar winner, and still feels a whole lot fresher than Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 198September 20, 2018 12:32 AM

[quote]past her David Russell vehicles like Selena and fucking JOY.

Serena wasn't a DOR film.

by Anonymousreply 199September 20, 2018 12:58 AM

I thought the pics were released because she backed out of some films that she had promised to do.

by Anonymousreply 200September 20, 2018 3:15 AM

She's fresh. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 201September 20, 2018 3:16 AM

Serena was so tragic that I was literally shocked that either Lawrence or Cooper signed up for it. Honestly, it was SO BAD that no editing could help. The story was awful, the screenplay - terrible, the acting - terrible.. Mother! was fine. Not great, but not nearly the embarrassment that Serena was. I liked Passengers - sue me. It was very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 202September 20, 2018 3:21 AM

She makes no bones that she plays the game, talks about how important it is that her movies open, how her job is to present herself in such a way that her movies sell. She explained how she didn't make sure she was paid on par with the guys in American Hustle because she felt secure in her career, having 2 franchises as her safety net. BUT, for a major movie star and Oscar winner, I think she plays the game badly. Too many bad scripts. How did she let Glass Castles go? That could have been a Winters Bone 10 years on for her. The directors she works with or attaches herself to seem demeaning to me - oh please much older male auteur, I am clay for you to mold. Like that is savvy or something.

by Anonymousreply 203September 20, 2018 4:05 AM

If her career ended tomorrow it would be greater than the vast millions of struggling actors, the small handful of very successful TV actors, the even smaller handful of Hollywood's elite... So literally, she could quit and still be at the top of her game. Oscar win, multiple Oscar nominations, huge franchise, plenty of critically acclaimed films, Hollywood's IT girl, the list goes on.. She likely does need new representation as her star is now dimming, but who cares? In the grand scheme of things, she has pretty much scaled K2.

by Anonymousreply 204September 20, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote]she has pretty much scaled K2.

But that's not enough, is it? I'm sure she wants more.

by Anonymousreply 205September 20, 2018 4:24 AM

And by K2 did you mean Harvey Weinstein’s fat penis?

by Anonymousreply 206September 20, 2018 4:26 AM

I still can’t believe she won an Oscar for this. What were they thinking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207September 20, 2018 4:30 AM

Sure, R205... she has all that along with the knowledge that she earned it on her knees.... and the knowledge that all her peers have that knowledge...

by Anonymousreply 208September 20, 2018 4:32 AM

R205 - same can be said for Goop. We're judging on the curve for movie stars, not for struggling actors. As happens with most actors who "make it", JLaw began with advantages not shared by plenty of struggling actors - starting with her face and body. That already pushes her to the next level. Next, even for her, where it's reported she was giving very impressive auditions at 14 (no euphemism intended) her mother took her out of school and was with her in NYC taking her around, meeting everyone, really laying the groundwork. There aren't many parents in a position to do that for their fourteen year old aspiring movie star when you live nowhere near NYC. Even Sarah Michelle Geller and her mama were New Yorkers. It actually amazes me that she had the baby face and the woman's body, she had height, energy, not afraid of the camera, could act (not Tony award winning stuff, but could act with a certain ease and facility/relaxation and freedom), and was young, and STILL needed the extraordinary good fortune of a mother who would invest that kind of time living on a temp basis with her kid in New York. You'd think that wouldn't be necessary, but it is. If she were someone's daughter or had some other connection, it would have gone just as quickly for her, but absent any show business background, I think it needed her mom's availability and willingness to do that at 14 that set her up for the rest.

by Anonymousreply 209September 20, 2018 5:00 AM

... and she had sex for parts.

by Anonymousreply 210September 20, 2018 5:01 AM

It’s too bad Joy was not a great movie. That is the kind of role she should play. Smart young woman with moxie.

by Anonymousreply 211September 20, 2018 5:03 AM

R210 - that is a great backstory! Thank you for sharing. Yeah, I have met many, many kids and stage mothers here in LA. None of them turned out a "movie star" like JLaw did, but many were on Disney shows and whatnot. Sadly, the mothers (in some cases mothers and fathers) who really could not afford to never work and live with their young stars inevitably would quickly grift off of them. The child star starts supporting an entire family (his siblings try to become actors also and usually fail) and after his one big break - he is no longer very marketable. Of course the bills need to paid somehow, but in my anecdotal experience - years later the kids were suing the parents for improperly "managing" them and often by then no more paychecks were rolling in anyway and the entire family was displaced and broke. It really is a business for children of wealthy parents (at least one who does not work and can spend a fortune living in another city part-time with the kid).

by Anonymousreply 212September 20, 2018 5:16 AM

[quote] How did she let Glass Castles go?

Letting Glass Castles go was a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 213September 20, 2018 6:25 AM

R208 lmfao!!

by Anonymousreply 214September 20, 2018 11:55 AM

Been waiting for the piece of trash’s 15 minutes to be over with. We all knew she never had staying power. Go back to the trailer park, whore. 😘

by Anonymousreply 215September 20, 2018 1:07 PM

She'll show everyone when Barbarella comes out.

by Anonymousreply 216September 20, 2018 4:07 PM

217 Nobody can top Jane Fonda's Barbarella!

by Anonymousreply 217September 20, 2018 4:13 PM

Oh, that clip at r208.

She was AT LEAST 10 years too young to play a widow who lost interest in sex before her husband died.

Better casting would haven Marisa Tomei or Renee Zellweger in trash mode.

by Anonymousreply 218September 20, 2018 4:15 PM

Jennifer Lawrence is a likeable girl.

by Anonymousreply 219September 20, 2018 5:04 PM

[quote]Jennifer Lawrence is a lickable girl.

by Anonymousreply 220September 20, 2018 5:06 PM

J-Law is coming back in a very BIG way. Several projects in the works. Gonna be BIG!

by Anonymousreply 221September 20, 2018 5:51 PM

A few years ago J-Law was listed as the only female star since Julia who got every script first --- EVERY SINGLE SCRIPT --- that might have a part for a female lead. Just like Leo still has, apparently. Leo wants Steve Jobs, then he gets it. Etc. He backs off it, then others have a chance (as is what happened with Fassbender eventually getting the lead).

My question is does J-Law still rule the roost in this way? Is she still at the top of the hierarchy? I mean, two years ago she was in the top 40 of the 100 power list, the only female actress in the top 100!

You think Michelle Williams or Mila Kunis get parts over her? I can't imagine so. There is a clout and order though. Rooney Mara got bumped by Portman in the Vox Lux movie, bigger star, bigger name, no comparison.

Has Robbie surpassed Lawrence? Stone? They don't open films. Then again, J-Law's been bombing for 4 straight.

Any insiders have the word on the top of the food chain these days?

by Anonymousreply 222September 20, 2018 5:57 PM

If she still sells overseas, she's still on top.

by Anonymousreply 223September 20, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote]If she still sells overseas, she's still on top.

Jennifer Love Hewitt was big overseas too.

by Anonymousreply 224September 20, 2018 7:22 PM

[quote] If she still sells overseas, she's still on top.

Well, she may start selling herself overseas soon. Just ask Lindsay and Tara Reid what the going rate is.

by Anonymousreply 225September 20, 2018 7:27 PM

Oh, and whether she will be on top will be determined by the buyer.

by Anonymousreply 226September 20, 2018 7:28 PM

So many, many actresses of all ages, even pre-teen ones, will aggressively proposition anyone and everyone who can get them acting roles. I've seen the most gorgeous model-type girls go after the very obviously gay low-level crew members, not realizing they weren't at all interested. So was J Law just very lucky in that regard? Can't just be a question of her BJ skills, right?

I mean how did Joan Crawford really get her start IF there were so many other starving actresses doing the exact same thing sexually?

by Anonymousreply 227September 20, 2018 7:34 PM

She's charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 20, 2018 7:40 PM

[quote]Has Robbie surpassed Lawrence?

Was she nominated last year? I would think whichever young star is nominated that year, that's where the scripts are pouring.

by Anonymousreply 229September 20, 2018 8:38 PM

^ she = Margot Robbie

by Anonymousreply 230September 20, 2018 8:39 PM

She has nice boobs

by Anonymousreply 231September 20, 2018 8:54 PM

I would say JLaw is on top only if the studio is willing to pay top dollar. It’s why she ended up in Red Sparrow as a Russian sex spy. Studios are probably less likely to give her that big money now. They can go to any number of women like Robbie who are much easier to work with. I’m still not convinced JLaw can carry a movie on her own unless it’s a franchise.

by Anonymousreply 232September 20, 2018 10:34 PM

Variety said Jennifer was paid $15 million for Red Sparrow and Anne Hathaway was also paid $15 million for Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 233September 20, 2018 10:40 PM

Jennifer Lawrence is over.

by Anonymousreply 234September 20, 2018 10:43 PM

NO TALENT CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 235September 20, 2018 10:43 PM

Isn’t that why she left CAA? No one will pay her fee anymore.

by Anonymousreply 236September 20, 2018 11:45 PM

Jennifer Lawrence is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 237September 20, 2018 11:59 PM

I bet women in the industry hate her, but all the pervy men will still want to hire her because she will literally let them do anything to her for a role.

by Anonymousreply 238September 21, 2018 12:03 AM

I can’t imagine there are many actors or directors who are dying to work with JLaw. She doesn’t seem well liked. She seems like the kind of person everyone is waiting to fail with their knives out....

by Anonymousreply 239September 21, 2018 12:04 AM

Her brand is done.

by Anonymousreply 240September 21, 2018 12:26 AM

R239, What exactly is "anything"? Know DOR set up cameras in her private trailer to watch her 24/7. So he got to watch her pee and fuck her boyfriend. What else super kinky would a director or producer want to see?

by Anonymousreply 241September 21, 2018 1:32 AM

[quote]What else super kinky would a director or producer want to see?

Cleveland Steamer

by Anonymousreply 242September 21, 2018 1:40 AM

The whole country has seen just as much of her as her gynaecologist (thanks to Fappening) so what is there left for some kinky producer or a director to see?

by Anonymousreply 243September 21, 2018 1:43 AM

R208 It's actually Cooper who is terrible in that clip. She has nothing to play against, He's literally reading lines like they just gave him the script 5 minutes before they shot the scene.

by Anonymousreply 244September 21, 2018 2:39 AM

Bradley seems like he is acting, I think her yelling is not very convincing. I hated all the yelling in that movie and will never watch it again.

Would she do a penetration scence? That’s all Kim Khardashian did. I feel with Jennifer that she has so much potential but is not handled correctly.

by Anonymousreply 245September 21, 2018 2:46 AM

I think they're both bad in that clip, but helped by good editing (probably).

by Anonymousreply 246September 21, 2018 2:49 AM

R243, Thank you for your post. Checked out Urban Dictionary. STRANGE fetish.

Well it's not as bad as being a port-a-potty for a group of men, or having a huge dead fish which might cause internal damage & bleeding shoved in all 3 holes.

by Anonymousreply 247September 21, 2018 3:53 AM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Wasn’t it odd that Colbert and Ellen literally fed her rum? Streep, Roberts, Bullock.. all these women held it together. She seems like a wreck with dead eyes in Dior ads. I wish her the best in her recovery and extended time off.

by Anonymousreply 249September 21, 2018 4:56 AM

What's with the new trend of actresses with porcine faces?

by Anonymousreply 250September 21, 2018 5:24 AM

[quote]I agree with the above posters that she was given too much, too soon.

I hope I don't end up like her.

by Anonymousreply 251September 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Bingo @ R56. She was shockingly miscast in Silver Linings. That part was for a jaded, world weary young widow in her mid-late 30's. She looked ridiculous in the role and it was very distracting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 252September 21, 2018 8:01 AM

R243. DIRTY SANCHEZ!

by Anonymousreply 253September 21, 2018 2:55 PM

I think this is why she won. Though De Niro's the best part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 21, 2018 3:03 PM

R253 - I actually disliked everything about Silver Linings. Why any part of that movie was Oscar-worthy is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 255September 21, 2018 3:15 PM

Jennifer Lawrence #65 of 100 on The Hollywood Reporter Powerful People in Entertainment 2018 List

“Her past two films underwhelmed — 2018's Red Sparrow grossed $151 million, 2017's Mother! $44 million — but the 28-year-old Oscar winner (and top earner, with a reported $18 million per film) has X-Men: Dark Phoenix coming in 2019 and will star in Adam McKay's Theranos drama.”

by Anonymousreply 256September 21, 2018 3:16 PM

That Adam McKay movie doe’s even have a script. It seems like another Joy, swapping mops for a blood testing company. She’s no Julia or Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 257September 21, 2018 3:24 PM

She played older when she was young so she hasn't had the typical ingenue career trajectory of playing more grown up roles, so it makes her seem older.

by Anonymousreply 258September 21, 2018 3:28 PM

Call me crazy, but I really liked Red Sparrow. She looked stunning, and the story was intriguing. She had true star power in it.

by Anonymousreply 259September 21, 2018 3:49 PM

I liked it too R260 but I see how it would not have mass appeal.

by Anonymousreply 260September 21, 2018 4:26 PM

In 3-5 years she'll be doing TV.

by Anonymousreply 261September 21, 2018 4:28 PM

is it true that she goes full frontal in Red Sparrow?

by Anonymousreply 262September 21, 2018 4:39 PM

She's had dead eyes in every ad and every red carpet appearance for the last couple of years--ever since The Fappening, actually. I think having all of that come out broke something in her that will never be fixed. Audiences can sense it, and her relatability is gone. Doesn't mean she can't have a career, but the roles will have to be quite different.

by Anonymousreply 263September 21, 2018 10:05 PM

R213 - like Kiernan Shipka (Sally on Mad Men). Shipka's parents are grown-ups with real jobs - or at least her dad had a real job. House, comfortable life, etc., but not in L.A. She began getting local commercials and as the steady work continued, the entire family upped and moved to L.A. for KIERNAN. Who was a child. That, to me, is bizarre. JLaw's parents own their own business - some kind of camp - horses and water are involved. If successful, it seems to me that's the ideal sort of set up for one parent to take off half a year and do the big push for her kid at too young an age, in New York City. Nobody has to leave their 9-5 or their company, income is not lost, the day to day can be delegated and the overall management handled remotely, and on the time table of the owners, who are J Law's parents.

Saoirse Ronan is a wonderful actress, but it is her non-star DAD who paved the way. By the time he'd advanced to featured and character parts in movies, she was a child and if his project needed a kid, he could offer his own kid. That gave her invaluable camera time at a young age, where she watched her father be free in front of the camera so she had no inhibitions. IMO it's almost impossible to "make it" the old fashioned way unless there is a strong connection there or money. It's just impossible for people to support themselves since pursuing acting is a full time job, and if one is not a commercial type, it's going to take even longer, if work happens at all.

I admire Emma Thompson, but often wondered how she made it so young-ish considering she's not stereotypical. Was it because she was British or what? Come to find out she comes from a working theatrical family and her sister Sophie works constantly. Not a star, but constantly.

by Anonymousreply 264September 22, 2018 12:21 AM

Did Emma Thompson make it young-ish?

She was 28 when she was in a mini series called Fortunes of war. And 33 when she made Howard's End.

by Anonymousreply 265September 22, 2018 2:06 AM

With those Brits it seems like all of them have a relative in the business, even if it was just some working actor no one's ever heard of. Cumberbatch's parents are both actors.

by Anonymousreply 266September 22, 2018 2:14 AM

I wonder if Emma Watson is the notorious “woman in red”? Compared to Jennifer she is a scientist and is advancing using her mind. Jennifer needs some tough talk.

by Anonymousreply 267September 22, 2018 2:51 AM

Also, a new champion who will feature her well. Leo has been so smart by letting professionals steer his career to Spielberg and Scorsese. Jennifer could be great but she would have to eat a big piece of humble pie.

by Anonymousreply 268September 22, 2018 2:56 AM

boob job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 22, 2018 8:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 22, 2018 8:59 AM

nose job botox and more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 22, 2018 9:06 AM

Make-up Miracle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 22, 2018 9:10 AM

Where are all the JLaw insiders from the beginning of the thread??

Guys? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 273September 22, 2018 10:31 AM

Working on it. I'm in Toronto, my acquaintance is in LA.

by Anonymousreply 274September 22, 2018 10:34 AM

Where is R273's left picture from?

by Anonymousreply 275September 22, 2018 10:36 AM

Thanks, [R3]/[R275]!

by Anonymousreply 276September 22, 2018 10:39 AM

With her former face. And did young Nicolas feel good in the holes? Did he taste yummy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 22, 2018 11:13 AM

She really benefits from mascara and eyeliner, like julie chen

by Anonymousreply 278September 22, 2018 11:52 AM

It's time she learnt that giving up her HOLES to pig Weinstein would have an impact on her appeal sooner or later, she's a tacky bitch who never really deserved her roles/acclaim. Back to Kentucky!

Miss the days when Nicole was hollywood's it-girl, she didn't deserve her Oscar either but at the very least had given an incredible performance in To Die For, where she was perfectly cast, unlike Jello who was playing a loose cannon, saggy tits frau at 22.

by Anonymousreply 279September 22, 2018 7:17 PM

J'adore J-Law.

by Anonymousreply 280September 22, 2018 7:26 PM

I'm curious to know what will happen to actresses who gave it up to Harvey, because eventually he will absolutely positively release the names. I for one want to see the confirmed list so to speak.

J-Law, Olivia Wilde, Mila, Rooney Mara ... or whomever he names ... for example, what will be their fate if the public learns about them sexing Harvey?

Will they be forced to retire, shunned, what the heck will they do? Surely they can't go around promoting their next movie and be taken seriously or without certain humiliation. I suppose they will lie and deny it, like Gretchen Mol supposedly did.

by Anonymousreply 281September 22, 2018 9:01 PM

It's all good.

by Anonymousreply 282September 22, 2018 9:04 PM

R282 They'll deny it. Though I imagine in some cases Weinstein has proof. Besides those "JM" emails, I imagine he videotaped some of the encounters.

by Anonymousreply 283September 22, 2018 9:09 PM

Has Mila Kunis ever commented on HW? He seemed obsessed by her, in some of the reportages his victims say his to go line to lure them in his room was "You'll be the next Mila Kunis", or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 284September 22, 2018 9:27 PM

We'll forgive them.

by Anonymousreply 285September 22, 2018 9:42 PM

What would happen if Harvey outed some of them?

He wouldn't.

But if he did?

Nothing.

How can you fault someone if they deny it or claim they had no other choice? They were coerced into it? It would most likely get turned into a situation where people need to examine the difficulties women have in the film industry if they want to make it.

by Anonymousreply 286September 22, 2018 9:45 PM

Is Harvey bi?

by Anonymousreply 287September 22, 2018 9:53 PM

I guess that I don't really care which female stars slept their way to stardom because I already assumed that they all did - this game is as old as the silver screen. As for the hot men who bottomed to land a role - now THAT I WOULD like to hear about..

by Anonymousreply 288September 23, 2018 12:10 AM

Factor out her obnoxiousness, is she a distinct talent, a moderate talent or somebody who got lucky? I've never seen much of her work but I find all the publicity around her really tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 289September 23, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote]As for the hot men who bottomed to land a role - now THAT I WOULD like to hear about..

Please don't look at me... please don't look at me (but I know I'm hot!)

by Anonymousreply 290September 23, 2018 12:19 AM

It only counts if we bottomed, right?

by Anonymousreply 291September 23, 2018 12:22 AM

She only has (had) a career due to fucking Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 292September 23, 2018 12:22 AM

^ you'd kinda think so. I just don't see the special in her, personally.

by Anonymousreply 293September 23, 2018 12:26 AM

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 294September 23, 2018 12:27 AM

Never have I ever!

by Anonymousreply 295September 23, 2018 12:31 AM

What R291 said!

by Anonymousreply 296September 23, 2018 12:32 AM

I wonder if Jennifer is the first star to be so big and burn out so fast. I actually hope she signs with a company that will put her in a star vehicle that works. It’s a little weird she has taken off nine months and does not have a film lined up for actual shooting. McKay farmed out that script to someone who has yet to write it.

by Anonymousreply 297September 23, 2018 12:44 AM

I think Nicole is legend. I hope she gets the AFI.

by Anonymousreply 298September 23, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]is she a distinct talent, a moderate talent or somebody who got lucky?

She has some discernable raw talent, but like others have posted, she didn't really make an attempt to flesh it out more. Plus the over the top PR did not help matters. If you're going to be labelled as the New Streep, you're going to have prove it. Making umpteen movies with Bradley Cooper and DOR wasn't going to cut it.

Say what you want about Lindsay Lohan, but she went to work for Robert Altman and acted alongside the likes of Streep and Jane Fonda. Had she not had so many issues and been more career focused, I think she would have been one of the few kid actors to achieve a successful transition into adult roles.

by Anonymousreply 299September 23, 2018 12:52 AM

I've seen it argued a lot by people in the Industry that Lohan was actually a good actress (before she got lazy and before she let the addictions become a priority).

by Anonymousreply 300September 23, 2018 1:00 AM

Lohan was a competent child actor who got by doing cutesy, precocious stuff. She never evolved into adult acting because she never bothered to learn any other techniques. IMO, of course.

by Anonymousreply 301September 23, 2018 1:17 AM

I don't know about that R302. If you watch her scenes in Bobby there's talent there.

And I'd say the reason she could act is because she learned early on (because of her family) how to manipulate.

by Anonymousreply 302September 23, 2018 1:26 AM

I wonder who she fucked for Hunger Games. I remember the frontrunner and fan favorite at that time was Hailee Steinfeld who is a pretty good actor, more age appropriate for the role, had just been nominated for an Oscar at that time and actually looked the part physically as described in the books. I remember the initial fan uproar at casting a pale blonde for the role of a girl who is olive skinned with almond shaped eyes. The PR interns must have worked overtime to calm the pitchfork wielding masses because nobody remembers that now.

by Anonymousreply 303September 23, 2018 2:32 AM

Alicia Vikander and jlaw can both enjoy their breaks.

by Anonymousreply 304September 23, 2018 4:37 AM

R304 - Actually she was perfect for Hunger Games. It was one of her better roles really; Jennifer pretty much killed it (she channeled her character Ree Dolly from Winter's Bone and brought a determined desperation to Katniss). I'm not sure that Hailee would have pulled off what Jennifer did rather effortlessly. Hunger Games (trilogy) and Winter's Bone were the films that JLaw's skill-set was made for. Her performances in the DOR films seemed really weak to me in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 305September 23, 2018 5:24 AM

Isabelle Fuhrman should have gotten the lead in The Hunger Games. Looked the part, great actress and age appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 306September 23, 2018 12:34 PM

I don’t give Lawrence shit for fucking Weinstein for roles. I have whored around for fun and for free at her age, and I didn’t end up with millions as a result.

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 307September 23, 2018 1:02 PM

R255 posted the single most poorly performed scene in SLP.

by Anonymousreply 308September 23, 2018 3:12 PM

306 I've heard pretty much the same argument for Hailee because of her True Grit role. Jennifer Lawrence was good in Hunger Games but more then her casting made the movie a success. After all, people thought that Serena was going to be her best role because of Winter's Bone too, and that became a mess.

by Anonymousreply 309September 23, 2018 4:22 PM

Read somewhere that she was a whore back home and was fucking everything and everyone starting in middle school. She got her big break on MTV'S Super Sweet 16, whom she thanked in her Oscar speech. I'm sure she fucked for that role like she did for everything else.

About HW, she said he came on to her a couple of times with inappropriate comments and she told him to knock it off and let's get back to business. And he did as he was told!

by Anonymousreply 310September 23, 2018 4:47 PM

Life took a turn after we all saw her bung hole pix.

by Anonymousreply 311September 23, 2018 5:26 PM

[quote]She got her big break on MTV'S Super Sweet 16, whom she thanked in her Oscar speech. I'm sure she fucked for that role like she did for everything else.

Wow... she even sucked in that.

Well, she also ends up taking a facial and also ends up on her back in those commercials. Says a lot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312September 23, 2018 6:09 PM

It would be sensational if the 1 and 1A current American actresses were in love and dating, I have to admit. So I hope she and Emma are in a lesbian relationship.

Has Emma sucked and fucked her way to the top also? i know she was kind of a teen performer singing and trying to be a pop star and came to Hollywood when she was 18. Has she blown the hog as they say, on the couch?

by Anonymousreply 313September 23, 2018 9:14 PM

With 3 you get egg roll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 23, 2018 9:21 PM

She's such a "flat" actor. You can see it in that clip at R255.

by Anonymousreply 315September 23, 2018 9:23 PM

BUMP FOR THE FAPPENING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 25, 2018 3:49 AM

Wait so why did they release her crotch selfies? Was the release of the pictures a punishment or a warning of something worse to come? Who'd she piss off?

by Anonymousreply 317September 25, 2018 4:10 AM

Yes, R317 looks exactly like the kind of photo someone has of themselves on their own phone!

by Anonymousreply 318September 25, 2018 3:32 PM

Gross!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 319September 25, 2018 4:18 PM

OK. After playing the game of telephone between Toronto and LA for a few days, here's what I've heard: "Creative differences, and she also thinks she needs to rehaul her entire image after the HW scandal." Also mentioned in more cryptic terms that she got too difficult as a client so they weren't too heartbroken to see her go. Make of that what you want - I'm sure that the agency is being diplomatic and nobody wants to burn any bridges for good.

by Anonymousreply 320September 25, 2018 4:34 PM

The next X-Men movie was originally due November 2018 (and its spin-off, New Mutants, April 2018) but they will likely not see the light of day since the Fox/Disney deal. Marvel will want to rest X-Men and Fantastic Four before introducing the two properties into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As a fan of X-Men, thank God. The movies need a shot in the arm and Lawrence was never right for Mystique. She was awful in the role and one can’t help but feel she is giving slightly less than her all in these performances. She looks bored, dead eyes, etc.

Personally I never got her acclaim. Never saw Winter’s Bone and wasn’t interested in Hunger Games. She looked laughably wrong for her next most famous roles and Passengers and Red Sparrow look like over-produced snores. I associate her most with SJW-ing with fellow potato-person, Amy “Who” Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 321September 25, 2018 4:52 PM

What happened to Spielberg's Lynsey Addario biopic with Jennifer? I'm guessing either there is no role for Mark Rylance, or Stevie doesn't want to work with a trollop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 25, 2018 5:47 PM

R317 And to think the Academy gave an Oscar to that over the luminous and classy Emmanuelle Riva.

by Anonymousreply 323September 25, 2018 5:53 PM

R322 When they were making Passengers apparently Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence and the director thought they were making something destined by Oscar consideration!

To be fair it did receive a nomination for some technical category.

by Anonymousreply 324September 25, 2018 6:07 PM

I was very sad to see that Dark Phoenix (release date Feb 14, 2019) is already completed prinicipal photography in October 2017. I really really hate Jennifer as Mystique. But I am interested to see Jessica Chastain.

by Anonymousreply 325September 25, 2018 8:00 PM

They're releasing it in February? It must be a real turkey.

by Anonymousreply 326September 25, 2018 8:11 PM

Jennifer Lawrence reveals how she deals with body shamers and when she feels most ‘powerful’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327September 26, 2018 11:04 AM

Jennifer Lawrence reveals her secret social media presence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 26, 2018 11:04 AM

Jennifer Lawrence furious with Bradley Cooper for casting Lady Gaga in A Star Is Born?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329September 26, 2018 11:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 26, 2018 1:05 PM

I misread the link at R331 as, "The 2018 Concordia Anal Summit..."

And thought it sounded appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 331September 26, 2018 1:54 PM

20th Century Fox just announced the X-Men: Dark Phonenix trailer is debuting tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 26, 2018 3:08 PM

She has the stank of Harvey, Darren, Bryan and DOR! The four cretins of the apocalypse.

Was anyone else disturbed by Stephen Colbert petting a dog in Emma Stone’s lap while she wore a short dress? It was very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 333September 26, 2018 3:25 PM

r317 There it is! Every time I see it I instinctively reach for a wet wipe.

by Anonymousreply 334September 26, 2018 3:47 PM

The Colbert interview was so fucking odd and awkward. Stone, who usually lights up the stage on the talk shows with charm and natural easy-going comedy and good vibes, couldn't even move her mouth at times. Maybe too much cocaine, I don't know. She came on stage in a fucking skirt sooooooo short it was shameful. Actresses promoting a show -- that they mentioned for 1 minute of the entire 9 minute interview -- have to wear such little clothing. Her cunt was literally coming out of the dress.

Why he kept putting his hand on the pooch on her lap mystified me.

Ive never seen her so "not on" in an interview in the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 335September 26, 2018 6:03 PM

R317 She looks like she has had more than cocks in both holes.

by Anonymousreply 336September 26, 2018 7:37 PM

R321 I love you !

by Anonymousreply 337September 27, 2018 4:58 AM

Dark Phoenix | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338September 27, 2018 6:29 AM

I miss Rebecca Romijn as Mystique.

by Anonymousreply 339September 27, 2018 12:40 PM

The reason she left her agency is because they have been discouraging her from this whole "I'm in love with Emma Stone and we should have babies" routine.

J-Law is gay. And her agents aren't happy about it. Or they weren't. So she walked.

She doesn't understand that she can't go all K-Stew and Portia De Rossi.

by Anonymousreply 340September 28, 2018 4:56 AM

I liked MOTHER!

I even liked her performance.

(ducking)

by Anonymousreply 341September 28, 2018 4:59 AM

Jennifer gay? Now come on...

by Anonymousreply 342September 28, 2018 5:24 AM

R342, I agree. Mother! was not a "bad" movie and certainly she did not give a bad performance. It was just a weird screenplay - odd -nothing more, nothing less. I have seen FAR worse and this applies to many Oscar contenders.

by Anonymousreply 343September 28, 2018 7:06 AM

R344, I think it's a very good film. The filmmaking is masterful. But, yes, the screenplay goes where Aronofsky's scripts always go - to an extreme that does not serve the story. In addition, any humanity gets shoved to the side.

by Anonymousreply 344September 28, 2018 7:10 AM

R341 Have you seen all those nude shots of her? A couple with cocks and some with cum all over her face. She may have a desire to dabble with women but I think she is way more on the straight side.

by Anonymousreply 345September 28, 2018 7:52 AM

One of these crazy old nights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 28, 2018 8:27 AM

[quote] I admire Emma Thompson, but often wondered how she made it so young-ish considering she's not stereotypical.

Wasn't she part of that artist acting troupe with other members like her former husband Kenneth Branagh, Hugh Laurie, and Stephen Fry?

by Anonymousreply 347September 28, 2018 8:51 AM

347 That's the same slip JL wore in the taking a dump pic.

by Anonymousreply 348September 28, 2018 8:53 AM

This thread promised so much gossip (“What *really* led to her bolting from CAA?!?), but then....

by Anonymousreply 349September 28, 2018 8:59 AM

Not really gossip. More facts. Her status is gone, her films have bombed, her shtick has worn dry, people don't look at her as the young funny bombshell anymore ... other actresses have risen. Combo of all these things.

J-Law made the choices -- her script selection is poor. She wanted dramatic leads that paid $10 million and would get critical success for her acting ability ... and that has failed. She blames her agency, where in reality, it's her doing.

She's passed on some crucial roles, that's the key thing. Because she has been getting the offer of every script for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 350September 28, 2018 8:21 PM

What is so crazy r351, is that she is making/made tons of money with Dior, Hunger Games and X-men although X-men is stealing for her lackluster, non performances. Take a lower paycheck for quality roles when you can get big paychecks elsewhere. Veteran actors talk about that all the time when asked about longevity. Nor does every movie have to be potential Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 351September 28, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote]She's passed on some crucial roles, that's the key thing.

Which ones?

by Anonymousreply 352September 28, 2018 10:01 PM

I did wonder what she could have done with The Rosie Project.

by Anonymousreply 353September 29, 2018 2:24 AM

R348, not Kenneth Branagh. You're thinking of the group that started performing at Cambridge together, including Fry and Laurie, and went professional after. I think Sandi Toksvig and Tony Slattery were also part of it. Branagh was not a Cambridge guy. I don't know where he and Emma Thompson met, but it was later.

by Anonymousreply 354September 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Branagh and Thompson met on the set of Fortunes of War.

by Anonymousreply 355September 29, 2018 3:03 AM

She really has messed up Mystique. No one is asking for a stand alone Mystique movie. That says alot.

by Anonymousreply 356September 29, 2018 3:04 AM

What are you expecting? Multiple people have said she left CAA because they can't find her jobs. They have the same problem with Jessica Lange (only Ryan Murphy will work with her).

by Anonymousreply 357September 30, 2018 10:06 PM

I'm trying to watch [bold]mother![/bold] for the 4th time. Does it ever get engaging? They're having a weird funeral service for the son of the uninvited guests who won't leave. I don't understand anything.

by Anonymousreply 358September 30, 2018 10:10 PM

No. Mother! is a piece of poop.

by Anonymousreply 359September 30, 2018 10:13 PM

Harvey's done. She'd done.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 360September 30, 2018 10:47 PM

^^ Harvey's done; she's done.

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 361September 30, 2018 10:48 PM

Mother! wasn't as bad as everyone insisted. The performances are really good (including JLaw's) and there are some excellent elements to the story and directing. But when the film goes off the rails, it goes SO FAR off the rails that it's hard to remember anything else about it.

by Anonymousreply 362September 30, 2018 11:01 PM

She's being beaten by the cannibal mob now.

by Anonymousreply 363September 30, 2018 11:04 PM

SPOILER ALERT for (the awful!) “Mother!”:

JLaw and her boyfriend at the time must have been *high* to think people would eve warm to a movie where her baby gets eaten by people at the end.

by Anonymousreply 364September 30, 2018 11:06 PM

mother! is great. I think it's rather cathartic. Christians eat Mary's baby every time they take communion. This film just visualizes it in an absurdly dark and literal way.

by Anonymousreply 365September 30, 2018 11:11 PM

Wait, why did she wake up with a different face?

by Anonymousreply 366September 30, 2018 11:12 PM

Uh, no R366.

The movie is horrible and not half as “deep” as it wants the audience to believe.

The acting is also all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 367September 30, 2018 11:15 PM

R367 Javier's game is cyclical. In his simulation, he needs to be loved unconditionally, despite the inevitable destruction. That crystal allows him to perpetuate the process with a different woman each time. The fiery face we see at the beginning of the film isn't Jennifer Lawrence's, indicating that this has been going on for some time.

R368 I never said it was deep. Aronofsky's been pretty blunt and obvious with his filmmaking. He's not subtle with his metaphors in mother! I don't think that was ever his intention. And people walking out of the film is far from surprising. It's an unsettling film and not at all what it was marketed to be.

by Anonymousreply 368September 30, 2018 11:18 PM

Oh, as an atheist, I missed any references to jeebus. I thought it was an allegory about fame.

by Anonymousreply 369September 30, 2018 11:20 PM

Oddly, most of the film (a surprise amount) is actually about Lawrence’s character remodeling the house she shares with Javier Bardem.

by Anonymousreply 370September 30, 2018 11:26 PM

*a surprising amount

by Anonymousreply 371September 30, 2018 11:26 PM

R370 It can easily be understood as an allegory about fame. I think Darren's definitely analyzing his own ego and his relationship with his audience as well as his lovers. There's a shit ton of Biblical imagery involved as well, so my Christian-raised mind picked up on that.

R371 Yeah. There's also the environmental/mother earth aspect of it. She's just trying to keep their garden pure, but he keeps allowing these destructive humans in. "THE SINK'S NOT BRACED!"

by Anonymousreply 372September 30, 2018 11:28 PM

In dreams, different rooms and floor of houses are supposed to represent different areas of the psyche.

by Anonymousreply 373September 30, 2018 11:28 PM

Will they eventually show this on HGTV?

by Anonymousreply 374September 30, 2018 11:30 PM

r375, they should. They should do a series adaptation.

by Anonymousreply 375September 30, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]Which ones?

Not a “crucial” role but she was offered a role in McQueen’s latest film Widows, that later went to Elizabeth Debicki. The film’s more of an ensemble, and the role isn’t a lead but those types of roles and movies have been her most critically acclaimed. The Debicki role is juicy- a trampy blue collar girl. Would’ve been right in Lawrence’s wheelhouse and she’d get to work with McQueen, Davis, Colin Farrell, etc.

by Anonymousreply 376September 30, 2018 11:39 PM

She was foolish to pass that up R377.

She would also have received maximum critical acclaim for miminial work in that scenario.

by Anonymousreply 377September 30, 2018 11:45 PM

Off-topic, but can smn please explain how she got that Dior gig?

She's fine by me, whatever - but Lawrence and Dior are pretty much cultural oxymorons. I can buy her as the face of a drugstore makeup brand or even an athletics brand (e.g. North Face). But DIOR?

Between JLaw repping Dior and KStew repping Chanel, I think I live in a parallel universe now.

by Anonymousreply 378September 30, 2018 11:45 PM

Is it true she passed on a role in the upcoming star filled Tarantino movie “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”?

(Or did he pass on her for a role?)

by Anonymousreply 379September 30, 2018 11:46 PM

Tate's family wouldn't give Tarantino their blessing for the film if QT gave the role of Sharon to JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 380September 30, 2018 11:48 PM

Quentin's been interested in working with her since Hateful Eight. I believe she was up for Jennifer Jason Leigh's role.

by Anonymousreply 381September 30, 2018 11:49 PM

r379, on DataLounge, we spell out two syllable words.

by Anonymousreply 382September 30, 2018 11:51 PM

Okey-dokey, R383.

by Anonymousreply 383September 30, 2018 11:58 PM

R381, I don't think she was ever up for the role Tate.

(And let's please not wake up the Sharon Tate troll.)

by Anonymousreply 384October 1, 2018 12:00 AM

[quote]Not a “crucial” role but she was offered a role in McQueen’s latest film Widows, that later went to Elizabeth Debicki.

That's too bad. Debicki stinks. Almost as much as Olivia Wilde.

by Anonymousreply 385October 1, 2018 12:19 AM

Debicki is getting very good reviews from the festivals where Widows has played.

by Anonymousreply 386October 1, 2018 12:46 AM

R385. Jlaw was the first name I heard for the Tate role. I’m not surprised QT would be anxious to work with her considering her rep for doing anything for her directors.

by Anonymousreply 387October 1, 2018 1:36 AM

R381 I don't think the Tate family has given their blessings to Margo Robbie. Her sister doesn't want the movie made.

by Anonymousreply 388October 1, 2018 2:14 AM

She has a bad nose job. Her nose is still wide in the middle, and whatever they thought they were doing with the rest of it---probably "refining the tip"---was a mistake. She was fine before. Now she has this potato-ey nose that pinches in to a point. And I could live without seeing that fake-ingenue smile anymore, as shown in the OP. I really liked her at first and thought she was a good young actress, but she quickly wore out her welcome.

by Anonymousreply 389October 1, 2018 3:08 AM

Tarantino behind closed doors was mildly obsessed with Jennifer Lawrence during her peak with SLP and American Hustle and O Russell. Huge hard on for her.

He compared she and Russell, ludicrously in my opinion, to Bette Davis and William Wyler (she also got heavy nominations under Wyler's direction).

by Anonymousreply 390October 1, 2018 5:06 PM

r390 I can never really tell if her nose is surgical or contouring. It looks different image to image to me. Her teeth are what I find weird. Sometimes they look like a typical phoney made in a mold hollywood smile and other times they look super dingy and tipped inward at a weird angle.

by Anonymousreply 391October 1, 2018 5:12 PM

R379 Stewart is pretty even without make up but Lawrence is ugly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 1, 2018 5:28 PM

Jennifer Lawrence is definitely a more compelling film presence than Stewart. She has more talent, too.

by Anonymousreply 393October 1, 2018 5:31 PM

Stewart looks like a teenage Appalachian mother of three with a pill habit and a handsy father.

by Anonymousreply 394October 1, 2018 5:35 PM

I do prefer Stewart as an actress to overrated Lawrence and she's been great in many movies

by Anonymousreply 395October 1, 2018 5:36 PM

R394 = Uncle Harvey

by Anonymousreply 396October 1, 2018 5:37 PM

Haha, not Harvey, but I recently watched Lawrence in Mother! and was pleasantly surprised at her ability to carry the entire film; not only is she in every shot, the story is told from her character's point of view. I think she holds the film together. And the cinematographer managed to light her well; her face didn't look as shapeless as it normally does.

by Anonymousreply 397October 1, 2018 6:26 PM

She donated her face bones to a children's charity! She's an American hero!

by Anonymousreply 398October 1, 2018 6:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 2, 2018 11:04 PM

How'd she meet the Cookster anyway?

by Anonymousreply 400October 3, 2018 2:24 AM

C'mon. Give the girl a break.

by Anonymousreply 401October 3, 2018 2:25 AM

R399 LOL!! Spot on. Her face looks like a potato dumpling in that pic. With beady pig eyes.

by Anonymousreply 402October 3, 2018 4:55 PM

I thought she was out years ago??

by Anonymousreply 403October 3, 2018 5:27 PM

Has she signed with anyone yet? Does she have any movies coming out or in production?

by Anonymousreply 404October 3, 2018 7:37 PM

I'm in Europe at the moment and there are ads for some perfume called Joy with her everywhere. The picture of her in water is heavy photo shopped.

by Anonymousreply 405October 3, 2018 8:04 PM

Triangle alert: Swift-Stone-Lawrence.

It's getting good behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 406October 4, 2018 10:27 PM

R393 is that the level now on the DL: Kristen is pretty but Jenny is ugly.

Can't anyone come up with intelligent and compelling reasons why they prefer one actress over the other?

by Anonymousreply 407October 4, 2018 10:35 PM

R404 Robbie is a closet case too

by Anonymousreply 408October 4, 2018 10:42 PM

Well, tell more 407.

by Anonymousreply 409October 7, 2018 2:03 AM

Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is taking a break from the big screen and turning her focus to politics. She spoke Tuesday at #Concordia18 about her push to pass statewide anti-corruption laws and increase voter turnout.

"It's more important than ever to get out there"

In a newly released video, actress Jennifer Lawrence says Memphians are about to get blindsided after politicians put dishonest questions at the bottom of #Memphis ballots (regarding instant runoff voting & term limits).

"Tell the politicians they work for us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 19, 2018 7:19 AM

Joy would’ve been bigger if they’d gone with the original script title, MOP WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 411October 19, 2018 9:30 AM

What's the deal with her and Emma Stone???????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 412October 21, 2018 5:51 PM

Is Jennifer still #1 actress in the pecking order and did her last few movies flop resulting in her "status" dropping?

Surely she's still one of the biggest stars around and people want her to be in their movies i would imagine.

by Anonymousreply 413October 23, 2018 6:14 PM

She's America's Fan Bing Bing! She's the reigning Sweetheart! She farts in her sleep!

by Anonymousreply 414October 23, 2018 6:41 PM

She has white trash face for days.

by Anonymousreply 415October 23, 2018 6:44 PM

"Emma Stone is the love of my life"

And she said a week later she wishes Emma and her could have babies together.

Errrrrm, am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 416October 23, 2018 7:03 PM

R416 She really does.

by Anonymousreply 417October 23, 2018 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!