Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Soon-Yi Previn eviscerates 'vengeful, neglectful and abusive' Mia Farrow as she breaks decades of silence to defend ' Woody

“I was never interested in writing a Mommie Dearest, getting even with Mia — none of that,” Soon-Yi tells me quietly but firmly. “But what’s happened to Woody is so upsetting, so unjust. [Mia] has taken advantage of the #MeToo movement and paraded Dylan as a victim. And a whole new generation is hearing about it when they shouldn’t.”

Not for the first time will it occur to me how different Soon-Yi is from the person whom Farrow more than two decades ago described as slow, even dim — and who was dismissed as Allen’s brainwashed mouthpiece when she did speak up, in August 1992, in a statement to Newsweek: “I’m not a retarded little underage flower who was raped, molested, and spoiled by some evil stepfather — not by a long shot.” Over a series of conversations that began in May and continued intermittently through June and July, Soon-Yi, a voracious reader with a slightly quirky sense of humor, is articulate and self-aware. “Woody says I can make jokes but I don’t get them — I’m always looking deeper for the meanings,” she says.

'Mia was so volatile. I understand she would be angry — don't get me wrong, she had every right to be. But she was like a sinkhole taking everything down with her,' Previn said in the new interview.

Moses Previn, who is now a therapist, is the only of Farrow's 11 surviving children who spoke out in the article to support Previn's claims.

Moses described Farrow's parenting style as a 'total breakdown of your spirit, to ensure that you would do what she wanted you to do.'

'It's the honeymoon when you're first adopted, then the veil gets pulled back and you start seeing Mia for who she is,' he said. Farrow adopted Moses in 1989, when he was two.

Previn claims that Farrow asked her to make a tape about her origins, detailing how she'd been the daughter of a prostitute who beat her - but Previn had no memory of such a past, and refused.

She also describes Farrow's borderline abuse as she tried to adapt to life in a new country with an unfamiliar language.

'She tried to teach me the alphabet with those wooden blocks. If I didn't get them right, sometimes she'd throw them at me or down on the floor. Who can learn under that pressure?'

Previn claims that Farrow would hold her upside down 'to get the blood to drain to my head. Because she thought — or she read it, God knows where she came up with the notion — that blood going to my head would make me smarter or something.'

She also describes being slapped across the face and spanked her with a hairbrush by Farrow, who she says called her 'stupid' and 'moronic.'

In statements, Dylan Farrow and Ronan Farrow blasted the article as inaccurate and biased.

'The idea of letting a friend of an alleged predator write a one-sided piece attacking the credibility of his victim is disgusting,' said Dylan Farrow. 'Woody Allen molested me when I was seven years old.'

'As a brother and son, I'm angry that New York Magazine would participate in this kind of a hit job, written by a longtime admirer and friend of Woody Allen's,' wrote Ronan Farrow, Allen's purported biological son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 19, 2018 9:49 PM

"[Mia] has taken advantage of the #MeToo movement and paraded Dylan as a victim. And a whole new generation is hearing about it when they shouldn’t."

You know, that's not actually a denial, or a declaration that Woody Allen is innocent.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2018 4:06 AM

I could have done without the extreme close-up.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2018 4:16 AM

Good. If Dylan gets to tell her side, so does Sun yi. Though I am sure Dylan is logging into twitter as we speak to whine.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2018 4:33 AM

She should have left her there.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2018 4:33 AM

[quote]'As a brother and son, I'm angry that New York Magazine would participate in this kind of a hit job, written by a longtime admirer and friend of Woody Allen's,' wrote Ronan Farrow,

So, just to clarify, Dylan's stories about Mia are 100% accurate, but Soon-Yi's stories about Mia are completely false.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2018 4:41 AM

The whole bunch of them are loons

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2018 4:55 AM

[quote] Though I am sure Dylan is logging into twitter as we speak to whine.

And so she did.

Dylan Farrow has blasted the connection, dismissing the article as full of 'multiple obvious falsehoods' and reiterating her allegation that Allen molested her as a child.

'The idea of letting a friend of an alleged predator write a one-sided piece attacking the credibility of his victim is disgusting,' said Dylan Farrow. 'Woody Allen molested me when I was seven years old.'

And Ronan also:

As a brother and a son, I'm angry that New York Magazine would participate in this kind of hit job, written by a longtime admirer and friend of Woody Allen's.

As a journalist, I'm shocked by the lack of care for the facts, the refusal to include eyewitness testimony that would contradict falsehoods in this piece, and the failure to print my sister's responses. Survivors of abuse deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2018 5:02 AM

Woody can’t get his most recent film for Amazon released and nobody’s funding any new film for Allen so Soon Yi must be getting worried the money’s going to dry up.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2018 5:05 AM

R8 He still has 3 movies left on his Amazon contract so he doesn't have to look for funding.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2018 5:07 AM

Can someone please point out any time other than the single, disputed "molested in an attic" incident where Woody behaved badly?

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2018 5:09 AM

Hey, as much as I love the work, isn't THREE threads at the same time about Soon-Yi et al a tad too much?

Well, as long as I'm here...MIA is BITCH

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2018 5:11 AM

This is about legacy

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2018 5:20 AM

I believe her. Her running off with him just wasn't normal. Plus Mia had 3 kids who died, one by suicide, that's isn't normal either. HOWEVER Woody Allen's is no saint. He knew Soon Yi when she...was about 1O/12 yeas old. Dating and fucking Mia. He was like a father figure and would often be seen going out together as a family with the kids. So many people have said "well she's adopted"....as if that's ok. That same dick that went in Mia is now going in her. WOODY DID THIS TO HIMSELF. Woody and Mia are THE MOST SELFISH PEOPLE. For all the movies Woody has made where HE IS THE OLDER man who is worldly and the very younger women and underage girls (see Mariel Hemmingway AND MORE) WANT HIM?. It doesn't matter how innocent this man could possibly be.....he is reaping WHAT HE HAS SOWED. The evidence of who he is and where his thoughts go are in the bulk of his work. Oh and don't think Ronan is outing the scum vermin of Hollywood because he "cares", gay men aren't THAT concerned about hetero woman shit on THAT level. Oh no, I suspect he's doing it because he wants Mia's approval and it adds legitimacy to Dylan's sex abuse (whether it happened or not). The caring brother. CHAMPION of women. MY ASS!

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2018 5:34 AM

R7 Ronan and Dylan are such hypocrites when they talk about bias. The only reason thus story got dredged up was that Mia got her personal friend Nicholas at the new york times to print Dylan's accusations. In all seriousness, what the fuck do the Farrows want at this point? The guy is in his eighties and probably doesn't have much time left anyway. Is Dylan going to spend her entire life as an aggrieved, outraged victim over something that might not even have happened?

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2018 5:36 AM

The Mia is Bitch troll is truly ready for her closeup.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2018 5:37 AM

R6 is correct

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2018 5:38 AM

The kicker for me was when Mia asked, after accusing Woody of abuse, "What time do we meet on set"?

She wanted to work with Woody until he had to pull her aside and explain their working relationship was over.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2018 5:39 AM

R10, Both Mia & Woody Allen have behaved horribly. What mother would talk trash her daughter in public, worse that she knows media will pick up her accusations? Evil.

Woody Allen is equally a horrible parent for not at least acknowledging the fact that his daughter, Dylan's badly hurting emotionally. He's evil as he's unbelievably self-centered.

Ronan Farrow comes across as mature and sensible.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2018 5:51 AM

I think Ronan has issues. I heard Terry Gross's interview with him.

He referred to Mia as a single parent. Nope. Allen didn't marry her, but he was her partner.

Ronan spent large parts of his childhood on a family farm, so he wasn't around Mia and his sibs.

He is extremely vested in Mia's vision of him as some sort of genius.

Soon li gets a pass from me. Victimized by Mia, victimized by Allen.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2018 5:58 AM

This thread will have 600 posts by tomorrow and will go on for for at least 10-15 thread series, of not 20.

And yet it will be the same 3 posters who have been arguing about this subject on DL since it first started.

Get comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2018 6:09 AM

God, so many nutcases on this thread.

Okay, I'm going to have to slam some heads together and repeat: IF MIA IS CRAZY, THAT DOES NOT MAKE WOODY ALLEN INNOCENT OF BEING A CHILD-TOUCHING PERV. BOTH THINGS CAN BE TRUE, AND TO REPEAT ONE ACCUSATION DOES NOT DISPROVE THE OTHER.

Because it seems absolutely certain that Mia is a few sandwiches, a six-pack, and a whole hill full of ants short of a picnic, and that Woody has a creepy pervy interest in young girls.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2018 6:12 AM

R21, Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2018 6:19 AM

R19 On the family farm with her convicted pedophile brother who looks quite a bit like Ronan(as well as Mia,)

I have long suspected that the brother is somehow in the middle of all this, an that is including Dylan,

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2018 6:30 AM

R13, There are a lot of gay men who care about girls being molested and raped, in part because it also happens to a lot of boys who are then equally traumatized. Guarantee you would be shocked by the number of kids of both sexes who've been sexually abused at least one time in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2018 6:35 AM

Her eyebrows are horrifying and I'm blocking this thread on principle.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2018 6:48 AM

Mia's father and brother were both drunken kiddie diddlers! Look no further for the cray cray with that one!

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2018 6:49 AM

The Post has the best headline writers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2018 8:50 AM

[quote]Because it seems absolutely certain that Mia is a few sandwiches, a six-pack, and a whole hill full of ants short of a picnic, and that Woody has a creepy pervy interest in young girls.

Lots of evidence of Mia being abusive and crazy. What makes you "certain" that Woody did it, when two different investigations (three, really) decided there was no evidence of such?

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2018 10:12 AM

Yep the eyebrows. She desperately needs some brow work, maybe a transplant.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2018 10:56 AM

r9, all signs point to Amazon buying Allen out of the contract with three films remaining. He's damaged goods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2018 12:12 PM

Will Mia's children ever realize that they have been manipulated by their adopted mother? Any therapists out there?

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Dylan Farrow is like The Manchurian Daughter.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2018 12:22 PM

R7, doesn’t it seem like The Farrows are prone to exaggeration? I mean, do they really feel these things? If you were truly in shock would you bother tweeting about it hours later or would you go lie down for a while? I mean, it’s not like they haven’t been pursuing this for decades - is it some great surprise that Soon Yi, of all people, is #TeamWoody?

Plus, I thought Dylan was 4 when it supposedly happened?

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2018 12:26 PM

That is truly the question, R14. And how does her story even resonant with other victims? “I remember one day, I didn’t wear any underwear all afternoon. I was 4.” How do survivors you’ve been gang raped by Asad’s soldiers and watched their families be murdered empathise with that?

“He put his head in my lap.” Survivors of human trafficking must find that appalling.

Dylan Farrow is white privilege personified. To a sickening degree.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2018 12:32 PM

R18, I believe Woody Allen reached out to Dylan publically in response to her NYT article.

Ronan Farrow always seems like Mia’s stormtrooper to me.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2018 12:35 PM

So one of Furrows kids killed himself, one died of HIV, what did the third kid die from?

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2018 12:44 PM

He fucked his stepdaughter when she was a vulnerable young girl and hid it from the mother of his children and lover, Mia Farrow. What else do you need to know? There is only one villain here. Wake up for Fucks sake, it doesn't matter what you think of Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2018 12:50 PM

Why do you people keep calling Soon Yi a victim? She is onviouslly a very strong woman with a mind of her own. You idiots get something stuck in your brains and when the truth comes out, you can't accept it.

I think there are a lot of young women here, who probably don't recognize a woman with a backbone and a plan.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2018 12:52 PM

Mia should have left her in the orphanege. Soon Yi was happy there and did not want to share her space with a celebrity who sucked all of the air out of a room.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2018 12:55 PM

Mia IS Daisy Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2018 12:57 PM

I guess she was.

Woody never treated the adopted kids as his children. They had no father daughter relationship. He was the mother's boyfriend, Soon Yi already had her own father. Obviously she was an orphan and always took care of herself, even as a five year old. FOR CHRIST SAKE, SHE WAS NOTHING LIKE YOU LITTLE PAMPERED MIDDLE CLASS GIRLS. Stop judging everyone by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2018 1:06 PM

r33, no, Dylan was not 4 when it happened. She was 7 years old. A lot of kids are in second grade at that age, reading and writing and doing math. I know I was. The age of reason. I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Just because it's not Syrian gang rape doesn't mean his behavior wasn't wildly inappropriate, R34. Do you make such pointless comparisons every day, and throw in a little "white privilege" for good measure? Dylan had legitimate complaints that needed to be examined and taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2018 1:13 PM

Julie Chen, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2018 1:18 PM

R34: there are different levels of abuse, and one person's horrific experiences do not de-legitimize another person's "merely" disturbing ones.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2018 1:20 PM

r41, Allen did not treat Mia's children as his children. But for the three children they shared, Dylan, Moses, and Satchel/Ronan, a NY Times profile from 1991 noted that "not many fathers spend as much time with their children as Allen does. He is there before they wake up in the morning, he sees them during the day and he helps put them to bed at night." So he was over at Mia's house daily, looking after his children, and Soon Yi was their sister. It was a familial relationship

Allen also came to stay in the house in Connecticut with all the children and Mia many times, and every summer the whole gang took a two-week vacation in Europe en famille, on Woody's dime. That's a lot of togetherness, more than a lot of children get with their fathers.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2018 1:22 PM

Abusive parents of multiple children more often than not have children who end up on opposite sides of the facts. Most abusers have one common trait. They usually make sure they have a certain number of people close to them they treat well in order to always have allies if their terrible treatment of others gets found out. And it's not just family abusers who do this. It's the same for people who abuse/mistreat friends, co-workers, and yes, other people they don't even know on chat boards.

I believe firmly there is no doubt that Mia Farrow both mentally and physically abused Soon-Yi, and is a classic manipulator. Mia has displayed behavior for many years that makes it more than obvious she is to some degree mentally deranged.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Ah...the story was examined again and again. There were no charges at all against Woody. So innocent until proven guilty.

The point for me is that Soon Yi was not manipulated by Woody...more than likely he was manipulated by the little Artful Dodger.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Again and again, Soon Yi said that they were both "consenting adults."

I know that by the time I was 12, I knew if I wanted to have sex and I knew how to say no. I believe Soon Yi knew early on what she was willing to do to hook Woody.

What did the third kid die from?

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Always with the binary thinking with the debating of this family of nuts.

Is it possible that a man who interferes with his child can also write and direct some amusing comedy dramas? - Yes

Is it possible that a shrill, emotionally unstable, borderline personality woman could have a child who is molested? - Yes

Is it possible that a child could be persuaded by an unstable mother to invent a story of abuse by her mother's partner? - Yes

Is it possible that the child could maintain that exact narrative for decades, despite widespread support by a raft of A List internationally known stars for the man she has accused of abuse, and despite most abuse victims preferring not to keep repeating the details of their abuse, especially to a global audience? - Yes, but on balance I'd say that's improbable, and I therefore give Dylan the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2018 1:55 PM

[quote]r49 I know that by the time I was 12, I knew if I wanted to have sex

Hopefully not with your stepdad...like Miss Tokyo Rose, here.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2018 1:55 PM

[quote]Yes, but on balance I'd say that's improbable, and I therefore give Dylan the benefit of the doubt.

What I mean here is - I think Dylan is motivated at this point by the fact that she was molested by Woody, not by some continuing need to placate Mia Farrow by repeating lies to please Mia.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2018 1:58 PM

I'm not too sure Dylan knows WHAT the truth is by now. All these years of brainwashing have to take a toll.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2018 2:02 PM

Woody was not her Dad. He never thought of those kids as HIS kids. Sometimes women don't even mother their stepkids, I know for a fact, most men do not go out of their way to act fatherly to kids that don't belong to them. Many biological dads don't act fatherly to their own kids. I can give you many, many examples. These things are so easy to see, over and over again but for some reason you wish to ignore the truth. Obviously Soon Yi knew that Woody was not her father. She wanted a husband, not a father. Why not accept that fact?

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2018 2:05 PM

From what I have read, Mia put ideas in to Dylan's head. She was just a little girl...maybe she was trying to please her mother? I had read that Woody was obsessed with Dylan and went to therapy to deal with that issue.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2018 2:11 PM

It would be incredibly creepy if a man who was a family friend and only saw the children of a family a few times a year ended up sleeping with a girl he met when she was 10 once she turned legal. Would you remain friends with someone if they did that? The situation with Allen is 10000x worse than the hypothetical described. Mia being an abusive mother has nothing to do with the immorality of Woody Allen's actions.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2018 2:11 PM

For Christ sake! Does everyone have to play by your rules? As I said, most men are flawed, you can lead them around by their dicks. How many centuries before this truth can be acknowledged? Soon Yi picked out Woody. It would give her security and hurt Mia. To be honest, I am just an observer...human beings are often mean to each other. With this interview maybe Mia will learn something she needs to know. She thought Soon Yi was stupid, she is not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2018 2:22 PM

So, would one basically say Woody Allen is a chicken hawk?

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2018 2:42 PM

The fact that anyone would defend Allen just boggles the mind. Seriously, you've got to be pretty fucked up yourself to do that.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Having read the accounts of both sides, I'd say this is one fucked up family. I've seen this type of dysfunction before and it happens because everyone believes that what's going on - abuse, neglect, predatory behavior, is normal until they grow up.

Mia had good intentions and was overwhelmed by them in trying to raise a large group of children. Woody was a sexual predator who took advantage of the situation and occasional neglect by Mia.

If both Dylan and Soon-Yi had been properly supervised this shit wouldn't have gone on. The evidence is clear. TWO girls in that family had been targeted and he got the one who wanted revenge on her 'abusive and neglectful' mother.

They grow up and the finger pointing starts and the lines are drawn. One member of the family accuses and others can choose to believe it or not depending on their experience of the abuser...who does this purposefully to shield themselves from these accusations. "See, your brother/sister says I'm just fine."

These dynamics are well known.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2018 2:54 PM

I am not defending anyone but why act so outraged about it? Not one of these people is an innocent and I still feel like Soon Yi did what was good for her...that seems good to me.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2018 3:00 PM

I never run into ANY of these people in my watering holes, so I REALLY DON'T CARE! DO YOU?

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2018 3:03 PM

Soon Yi never had a fucking chance to figure out what she wanted, let alone what was good for her, R61. I'd rather hear what she has to say when he's been dead 10 years.

Both parents failed her. She needs some space and healing to finally grow up and stop blaming others.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2018 3:09 PM

Mia was a talented actress. Woody was an amusing director. Personally, I found her shrill most of the time, and found his work to be repetitive.

Mia is almost certainly crazy. Woody is almost certainly crazy. Mia is almost certainly an abusive parent. Woody is almost certainly a predator.

The kids are the ones most fucked up by all this, as evidenced by their warring words of conflict and accusation the last years.

But make no mistake: the fact that there are two warring factions led by Woody and Mia doesn't make one right and one wrong. Plenty of wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2018 3:16 PM

[quote] IF MIA IS CRAZY, THAT DOES NOT MAKE WOODY ALLEN INNOCENT

Of course Mia's credibility and her motives to lie matter. That is the crux of it. I see in Mia all the characteristics of someone who fabricated heinous false allegations against a man she wanted to punish and ensure she took his children away from him. She started raging against him before the dynamite accusation and it escalated into this. Sadly this is a more common scenario than some of you realize.

I can't think of much worse to do to your ex not to mention making and encouraging your child to believe they had been molested. In addition to putting this psychological burden on that child and stoking it every chance you get throughout her life, you rob this child of her father. Mia is a hypocritical POS.

I cannot believe people still can't see through Mia and her Amen choir.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2018 3:18 PM

The intersection with Ronan Farrow here is quite fascinating but if he values his newfound credibility as an investigative journalist, he would be wise to steer clear of the whole situation and avoid further comment.

Because if it turns out that Dylan Farrow is lying (or if public opinion solidifies around the point of view that she is lying), the fallout will wreck Ronan's credibility as the primary author of the #MeToo movement.

And I personally am starting to think Dylan is either lying or brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote]r66 Because if it turns out that Dylan Farrow is lying (or if public opinion solidifies around the point of view that she is lying), the fallout will wreck Ronan's credibility as the primary author of the #MeToo movement.

That is never going to happen. Despite how much you wish it.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2018 3:35 PM

Why now?? So what's the story? Woody must be in some new trouble.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2018 3:45 PM

The story is that the Amazon contract with the three remaining movies is about to be cancelled, and Woody is finished as a working director, unless some angel investor like Jeffrey Epstein is going to finance his work. That's the new trouble that he's trying to wriggle out of.

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2018 6:43 PM

How much do you all want to bet, that Mia will extend an olive branch toward Soon-Yi, as soon as Allen drops dead?

Don’t piss your pants if Mia recents her story after Allen’s death, or mumbles something more than “Rosebud”, as she crosses over to wherever over privileged, blonde pixies go.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2018 6:47 PM

R69, Woody should hang it up, already. He’s a very old man. His best work is behind him. I don’t see anything that fucking spectacular in the horizon. How many more Woody Allen films do we have to endure?

He should sit down and write THE book. Best way to wrap it all up is the tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2018 6:51 PM

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow have ruined these children, and neither one is wired to see it or feel any responsibility.

Woody and Mia are very much alike.

Woody on having sex with a sixteen year old GIRL: "The heart wants what it wants."

Mia befriending Dory Previn showing up in her little hippy girl outfit with a flower, and Dory realizing too late she was only there to steal her husband.

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2018 7:04 PM

R38 yep. Millennial women can never see women as anything other than helpless victims floating through life, unable to say no to any man ever. Ironically, it's usually the most coddled and privileged women who are themselves this way. Personally, I like women who own their own lives and choices. For what it's worth, Sun yi seems happy with her life. I'm glad she was given an outlet to speak. It's completely fair, given how often we have to hear from Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2018 7:06 PM

R73 here. I meant to write "see themselves this way "

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2018 7:07 PM

R41 agree with everything you said. Many of these "fierce, woke feminists " are the most passive and childish people you will meet. They can't even manage their own dating and intimate lives. They don't seem to understand that an Asian orphan who had to look after herself might experience life differently than a suburban middle class waspy girl heavily coddled by society.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2018 7:10 PM

R34 I agree

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2018 7:11 PM

That sounds like it r69. If he does not clear his name his producers will not come back.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2018 7:13 PM

I’m gonna give all of these kids the benefit of the doubt.

If Woody did not molest Dylan, which I am personally unsure of, AS ARE ALL OF YOU, then she went along with the story and spin, that was drilled into her head by Mia.

Soon-Yi is also off the proverbial hook. She was starving for validation, and Woody, being the highly intelligent man he is, capitalized on that need.

Both of these people failed as parents. The fact that Mia took it upon herself to write all of her children a letter, detailing Soon-Yi’s and Woody’s affair, is mind blowing. She didn’t even have enough presence of mind to realize what a HUGE burden that was on her children. And Woody’s just as bad. No way did he not know that fucking Soon-Yi wasn’t going to blow up in his face, and deeply damage his children.

Ronan, has been given the role of the “White Knight”, defending his mother’s and sister’s honor in perpetuity, elevating him to defender of all abused women.

Bad parenting all the way around. Both shitty people who fucked over all of their kids, royally.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2018 7:14 PM

R65 yes, I am so tired of the argument that it doesn't matter if Mia is crazy. Of course it fucking matters. Because, it would increase the likelihood of her concocting a false allegation.

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2018 7:15 PM

R70 lol to "rosebud ". The most ridiculous part of this whole thing is that Allen doesn't have much time left anyway. What do the Farrows fucking want at this stage? And somebody needs to tell Dylan to log off twitter and get a hobby. There are refugees from warzones with less self pity than this girl

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2018 7:18 PM

crazy freaks and monsters

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2018 7:19 PM

Eviscerates is the most DL of all words.

I wonder if this will put a dent in Saint Mia's chassis. Well overdue IMO.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2018 7:24 PM

What do you think Woody does now that Soon-Yi no longer looks like a prepubescent child? Can he even get it up?

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2018 7:27 PM

R80, the Farrows wanted a leg up. The only way to get that was to chip away at Woody. Create outrage, and then: BOOM! Ronan starts setting off bombs.

Woody’s predilections gave Ronan the perfect foundation to make himself a hero. All of these pigs needed to be taken down, and I’m glad #metoo happened, but think about it. Who better than Ronan Farrow, to take these men down?

Ronan IS Woody’s son, and wryly enough, Woody’s living and breathing legacy.

Fuck, Allen couldn’t have written this out better himself, even if he tried.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2018 7:30 PM

[R83]

He has at least two adopted daughters. Who knows how that turned out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2018 7:32 PM

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow have much in common. They are both narcissists who have destroyed their children. Rotten parents.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2018 7:32 PM

r84, Ronan is Woody's son legally, but not biologically. Woody Allen has no natural children. I kind of like that he's sterile, and that his genetic heritage will die with him. Let Letty Aronson's kids carry the Konigsberg DNA into the future. And Moses and Soon Yi will inherit all the money.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2018 8:24 PM

Woody Allen is a creep, no doubt, but Mia Farrow is definitely an angry, embittered psycho who clearly used her children as pawns. It says a lot that whenever you start ranting about your ex on social media, your adult children immediately jump into the fray like programmed robots.

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2018 8:33 PM

Is it soon yi that wants to get even with Mia or is it Woody? Damn woman she plucked you out of a life of hardship!

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2018 8:35 PM

R89 Yes, to beat, neglect and verbally abuse her. That's not so much better than being in an orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2018 8:38 PM

R87, no inherited money for the daughters he adopted with Soon-Yi?

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2018 8:39 PM

R87, you have no proof of this. You’re stating your belief, not the truth. Ronan is more than likely Woody’s biological son. Ronan lucked out that his mother’s genes prevailed as far as his looks are concerned.

I have one sister and two brothers. All share the same genetic DNA. I land the baby of the family, my youngest brother, look Hispanic. My sister looks like Winona Ryder, and my younger brother has blond haire, and blue eyes, like our Cuban grandfather did. Everyone thought we were adopted. We were not. I have brown skin and Caucasian features. Actually, we all have Caucasian features, however, I ended up with the thick, black wavy hair, which I love.

And I am SO, SO fucking grateful that I did not end up with my father’s nose. But I was shorted in the height department, since my sister is 5’9, and by youngest brother is 6’4, and my younger brother 6’2.

You win some, you lose some.

Both my parents were very attractive, but a girl would have been devastes with his nose, which fortunately, neither of us girl had his nose.

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2018 8:41 PM

r91, I just meant that Moses and Soon Yi would be the only ones to inherit from their generation of siblings, for obvious reasons. Of course, Soon Yi's kids and Moses's kids will inherit in their turn.

by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2018 8:42 PM

Sorry but something is seriously wrong with Dylan, and no I don't believe her. Why the fuck are the Farrows on twitter all day and every day?

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2018 8:42 PM

Why was the other thread closed?

by Anonymousreply 95September 17, 2018 8:46 PM

r92, it's been known for awhile that Woody Allen has no biological children. He is sterile. He's been married three times and has had many girlfriends, but no pregnancies with any of them.

Check out the scene in "Hannah and Her Sisters" in which Mia's and Woody's characters go begging to a friend for sperm because Woody's character is infertile. In Woody's work, art usually imitates life, which is why a number of his movies have a main character who has committed terrible crimes and never had to pay for them.

by Anonymousreply 96September 17, 2018 8:48 PM

R96, how do you know that there weren't pregnancies with other girlfriends or in his marriages? There might have been and maybe they ended in abortions.

by Anonymousreply 97September 17, 2018 9:32 PM

New York magazine is getting eviscerated by other journos on Twitter for running this.

Theme seems to be that letting a good fried of Allen and enemy of #MeToo write this is just bad form.

by Anonymousreply 98September 17, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote]r85 He has at least two adopted daughters. Who knows how that turned out?

Is Soon-Yi [italic]barren??[/italic]

Or did Woody want young girls in the house that weren't biologically his (just as she had been?)

by Anonymousreply 99September 17, 2018 9:44 PM

R98 of course they are. Yet they seemed to have no problem with Mia's friend Nicholas at the new york times or Maureen Orth printing her story. In their minds, only one side is allowed a voice.

by Anonymousreply 100September 17, 2018 9:49 PM

[quote]I believe Woody Allen reached out to Dylan publically in response to her NYT article.

He didn't address Dylan. He spent the entire interview trashing Farrow. He's too much of a coward to take Dylan head on, and he would NEVER go into Ronan. Ronan would wipe the floor with his ass in two seconds and he knows that.

This article is the same bullshit. Clearly Allen's hand is up her ass. And what fucking brass to go into Dylan like that. Dylan has only addressed the abuse that she has suffered. Soon Yi entitlement and lack of boundaries is not helping her cause.

by Anonymousreply 101September 17, 2018 10:15 PM

R101 lol, you realize if he had directly adressed Dylan, the media would have gone into full on histrionics and claimed that he was attacking her or something. Sun yi has done a couple of interviews in about 20 years. If you want lack of boundaries, look at the Farrows. They spend their entire lives logged onto twitter "calling out" anyone who ever walked by Allen in a hallway. I'm surprised they haven't gone after his mailman or accountant at this point. Sun yi is perfectly within her rights to tell her side.

by Anonymousreply 102September 17, 2018 10:25 PM

Sigh; why can't these people hate each in private like other families?

God, I'm sick of that self-aggrandizing drama queen Ronan. If he's such a hot shit investigative journalist, dissect the article and explain why it's incorrect rather than whining about some "hit job." I'm not interested in Soon Yi's side anymore than I'm interested in Dylan's, but she has a right to tell her "truth" and defend herself when Mia has basically called her retarded for years.

It would seem that Ronan would be better served by simply saying he still loves Soon Yi and wishes her the best, rather than dredging up something that NO ONE wants to hear anymore.

by Anonymousreply 103September 17, 2018 10:30 PM

What a Jewy trick to kill the thread that shows Woody is a pervert and why Mia's behavior has nothing to do with this proof.

by Anonymousreply 104September 17, 2018 10:34 PM

antisemites are such creeps.

by Anonymousreply 105September 17, 2018 11:12 PM

She looks old. At least no one would confuse them as father and daughter any longer.

by Anonymousreply 106September 17, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]you realize if he had directly adressed Dylan, the media would have gone into full on histrionics and claimed that he was attacking her or something.

If he had addressed Dylan personally about her claims and went through them step by step, and not spouted the obligatory mumbo jumbo, he might have more credibility.

And Soon Yi is free to talk about herself. What she doesn't get to do is belittle others claims of abuse.

by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2018 11:31 PM

Unless, of course, she was there in person to see who the REAL abuser was.

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2018 11:46 PM

I believe her. We know woody Allen is a perv who obviously lists after teen girls but I don’t think he’s a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 109September 17, 2018 11:48 PM

I wish the best of luck to Daphne Merkin. Already the deranged character assassination has started. Perpetual knight in shining armor Yashar Ali is now posting that she's an awful person who said something mean to his feminist documentary friend at a party once (IE dared to disagree with princess ). I hope the twitter mob doesn't successfully bully publications into not printing her future work. Evidently, the Allen's are supposed to be perpetual public whipping boys who should never deign to defend themselves, while the Farrows mouth off on twitter 24 7. I will laugh so hard when Yashar eventually gets his own me too allegation from one of his feminist friends who this little simp is desperate to get a pity fuck from.

by Anonymousreply 110September 17, 2018 11:49 PM

R107 she didn't belittle anyone. However, I have seen plenty of belittling towards the Asian children's claims of abuse. She has the right to tell her side. Just because Princess Dylan has the media on her side doesn't make her account true.

by Anonymousreply 111September 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Dylan is a lying whore. She takes after uber bitch and lying lunatic Mama Mia.

by Anonymousreply 112September 17, 2018 11:58 PM

I hate to ask this, but what is it exactly that Dylan claims happened? Did Woody rape her, or did he insert is fingers in her v, or did he take photos?

What on earth is it that Allen did, in an attic that he allegedly never set foot in, but popped his head through in order to keep an eye on his daughter?

I’m not trying to be gross or to elicit sick details. However, I’m a little confused as to how he molested her, if he was allegedly standing on a fold out staircase or ladder.

by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2018 12:04 AM

Woody fans are wackadoodles.

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2018 12:07 AM

I believe Soon Yi and Moses. Mia Farrow is an unhinged, vengeful narcissist who indeed had a caste system within her unwieldy hoard of kids. If the adoptees were not sufficiently “grateful” for being saved by Saint Mia, they would feel her righteous holy wrath. Previn’ biological children came first, they had the intellect/genes and recourse to Previn and his money. Satchel and Dylan were adopted or born later, were white, and got somewhat better treatment as well. I know this because I’ve met both families - Woody is a total creep but didn’t molest that girl. The Allens and Aronsons have been holding back vocally and legally. They prefer to forget all about her but respond when the Farrows’ attacks become too much. Woodys made a fortune in real estate. With little in the way of big money and greatly diminished status, Mia will go down swinging until she’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 115September 18, 2018 12:09 AM

Wasn't Soon yi the kid that Mia took who was wandering the streets? No one knew where she came from or her age... So although Soon yi claims woody and herself were consenting adults when he took all those dirty pictures of her, she may actually be younger (or older) than she believes.

by Anonymousreply 116September 18, 2018 12:15 AM

The 3rd Farrow child to die was Tam, of heart disease.

What relationship does Woody even have with Soon-Yi? Don't they have separate residences and separate lives, other than the occasional photo ops?

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2018 12:15 AM

R116 Nice to see Woody's PR agent posting here. You come across as a complete fucking shill for that old pervert.

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2018 12:24 AM

R115 I agree with you . What disgusts me to no end is the mentality among many that Allen and Sun yi shouldn't dare defend themselves. The Farrows can enlist their friends at the New York Times and Vanity fair to tell their side, but twitter goes into histrionics if a SINGLE publication dares to interview Sun yi. And keep in mind the Farrows are constantly bringing this up on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2018 12:31 AM

R112 I get the sense that both women have learned that they will receive unending validation and adoration by playing the perpetual victim. And they're not wrong. Already twitter is playing the chivalrous knight in shining armor coming to rescue the Farrow women. Interestingly these chivalrous and woke knights don't hesitate to insult Sun yi in the most vile ways.

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2018 12:35 AM

Mia never fooled me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2018 12:39 AM

R118 - you come across as desperate to defend people who to this day haven’t proven anything.

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2018 12:50 AM

What you folks are missing is that Soon Yi is implying that she might have been an illegal adoption, in that she was "pulled off the street", i.e. taken away from her poor family and adopted out from under them. Completely believable, happened all the time for decades. That wouldn't look good for Mia.

Also she had a father, his name was Andre Previn, she has his name. Was he neglectful? Did he go along with it all to humor Mia? Could be. Doesn't change that fact that he adopted her legally and gave her his name. He was he father, not Woody. Maybe father means neglectful and distant to her and Woody represented something different

Oh and Woody s going to outlive both Mia and Dylan. Those Konisbergs have longevity. He's got another 20 years.

Dylan will have a weird tragic death at a young age after failing to carve out a career.

by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2018 12:57 AM

R123 evidently Andre previn disowned sun yis and refused to pay for her college when he found out about the affair. Great parenting. Both Mia and Dylan are textbook histrionics and those types tend to do immense damage to the people around them, whatever their life span. Dylan seems almost pathologically addicted to victimhood, I do wonder what will happen when the public bores of her. One thing that I can't figure out is what exactly the fuck the Farrows want at this point. No one will work with him and the public appears to be on The Farrows side. What more do they want? A public stoning?

by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2018 1:03 AM

She’ll probably off herself, like the other two who shot themselves and the other one ODed on a suicide cocktail, which they chose to claim was heart failure, while another one went into full blown AIDS. Let’s look at this number. 5 kids, all Asian, either dead, or banished from Mia’s life. Previn’s bio kids stayed with him, and Soon Yi eventually ended up with Allen.

What was this lady thinking? You can runt around, plucking highly damaged children from all over the freaking place, and save them all.

She may have started with good intentions. But why so many? 10 FUCKING kids?

Something is off in the psyche of a person who collects kids. We can save them all, sweetheart.

Woody is an idiot for hooking up with this nut job. She completely ruined her career, turned his children against him, and this will now be the thorn in his side until he kicks the bucket.

What a ridiculous legacy after some very very fine work.

by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2018 1:10 AM

[quote]Ronan would wipe the floor with his ass in two seconds and he knows that.

Oh please. Ronan would issue some elegantly worded statement that would lull all but the most active readers to sleep. The boy knows how to advance an indirect allegation. Let's not mistake that for scrappiness.

by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2018 1:12 AM

R125 the irony is that those kids that Mia "saved " probably had a better chance at survival where they were. And when Allen kicks it, every journalist will be forced to rehash the allegations when discussing his work, or risk being eviscerated by the shrieking social media mob. Just look at the reaction on twitter today to new york magazine 's article.

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2018 1:16 AM

Mia is a classic case of borderline personality disorder. Angelina Jolie is another borderline and child collector. Anyone with common sense can see Mia is venomous and vindictive. She told Woody: You took away my daughter, now I'm going to take yours. It beggars belief that red flags and alarm bells don't go off for people knowing that she sent a psycho card to Woody with daggers pointing at the family. What normal person does that? Also, what's the probability that it's random chance that Dory Previn, her former best friend from whom she stole Andre, happened to have a song about "Daddy in the Attic"? What is the probability that a good, kindhearted mother would raise multiple children who corroborated abuse? The abuse allegations against her are corroborated, the molestation allegations against Woody are not and multiple investigations concluded there was no evidence of molestation. The shrink who interviewed Dylan said the kid had been coached and sounded like she was reciting a script. Plus, her story kept changing. Any rational person would have to conclude that the molestation accusations are the work of a woman scorned.

by Anonymousreply 128September 18, 2018 1:29 AM

My hot take: blame Soon-Yi.

I believe Soon-Yi had a horrific childhood in Korea of neglect at best and probably forced child prostitution at worst.

I think she acted out with Woody, who is super weird and perverted, and sees/saw life as as "play or get played" game.

I think she targeted her mother's man and probably was/is unable to love anyone in the normal sense.

I don't believe for a second she would or could protect her own daughters from Woody.

by Anonymousreply 129September 18, 2018 1:36 AM

Woody must be in trouble?? Some of you sound like deplorables, insisting that Hillary will be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 130September 18, 2018 2:48 AM

I wonder how soon the grooming of Soon-Yi began. It's just all so disturbing from every angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 18, 2018 2:59 AM

R129 and yet, Mia the deranged child collector and abuser is blameless in your eyes. It's all Sun yis fault, lol.

by Anonymousreply 132September 18, 2018 3:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 18, 2018 3:09 AM

R37 Oh for god's sake. Even Dylan herself NEVER said or implied that Woody fucked her. Go back to your Pizza Gate friends and fantasies and leave the grown ups alone. There is a world of difference between having psych issues and eroticizing subjects in a fashion which would be taboo if acted upon. I do not applaud it, nor do I understand it, but there are as many men out there who whack off to child porn and child porn fiction as there are men who DO act on it. And guess what Alice, that is not illegal.

And before you make assumptions, I am not a gay man who is justifying anything. So leave them alone.

by Anonymousreply 134September 18, 2018 3:16 AM

R132 STFU, seriously. Farrow's a mess who meant well. She has explained the adoption thing. As a child with polio, she was kept in a big room with many children. Most of the children were from poor families, and never having been exposed to poverty, she was deeply affected by their stories. So she wanted to 'save' everybody, never wondering if she was really qualified to save anyone.

Woody is a pedophile who glommed on to a woman who wanted a lot of kids around. Big difference from Farrow's mess.

by Anonymousreply 135September 18, 2018 3:17 AM

R134 Ummmm, NO, a lot of men do not look at child porn. The FBI needs to check out your IP address.

by Anonymousreply 136September 18, 2018 3:18 AM

Some crazed Woody defender has clearly found this thread.

Let's just forget "Manhattan" and the fact that Marial Hemingway says he came on to her while filming. Or that he 'dated' a teenage girl who he claimed was 17, but was really 15. Or that people have come forward saying that he wrote letters to little girls expressing an interest in 'getting to know them'. All completely 'normal', I guess.

by Anonymousreply 137September 18, 2018 3:24 AM

R137 Huh?!?

by Anonymousreply 138September 18, 2018 3:31 AM

R137 And I quote “There was nothing salacious or inappropriate about the letters between me and Woody Allen. He was a kind and inspiring friend. ” -Nancyjo Sales

Do you even have a dog in this race? Or do you just love stirring the pot because you’re life is boring? You can’t just go fabricating shit left and right and expect to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 139September 18, 2018 3:48 AM

The whole Woody Allen business is so unsavory, I can't watch any of his post-Soon Yi stuff (though when that relationship really began is hard to pinpoint) . . . and when his abuse of his daughter Dylan came to light it all went from bad to worse worse worse.

There's a miniseries or something of his on Amazon Prime I can't bring myself to open...no matter how thin my watch list over there becomes.

Even watching his older stuff with the fixation on young girls feels creepy-crawly. Practically the only stuff that's untainted is the escapist stuff like THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO and BULLETS OVER BROADWAY, which are more fantastical, and removed from his real life. Somehow it's easier to divorce him from those.

by Anonymousreply 140September 18, 2018 4:46 AM

Why do some of you keep insisting Soon Yi is a victim? She was trying to tell you she knew what she was doing, she had a plan, she is a sensible young woman and she knew what she wanted. How do you dummies not get that? Have you never in your life met a woman with a backbone? Learn something. Women are not all weak willed little flowers. Soon Yi is perhaps a woman that we can teach our daughters about...she had a goal and she reached it.

by Anonymousreply 141September 18, 2018 4:54 AM

Her "plan"?

Didn't the intimacy begin when she told Allen she wanted to be a teen model, and he took naked pics of her with her legs splayed open?

Neither of them come off well in [italic]that[/italic] scenario.

by Anonymousreply 142September 18, 2018 5:01 AM

R141 I agree with you . there seems to be a widespread belief among many "feminists " nowadays that when it comes to sex, women are essentially children. In their minds women are always, unquestionably helpless in their intimate lives. You can see this in the weekly whiny articles in many liberal publications. Always some young middle class to affluent woman wailing about how she slept with a man and now regrets it . I respect women who own their own choices and lives

by Anonymousreply 143September 18, 2018 5:02 AM

Most rapes are actually rapes and not women "regretting" sleeping with someone.

by Anonymousreply 144September 18, 2018 5:03 AM

You can be a strong person and still victim to predation, before during and after. Woody being a predator was only further confirmed by this profile, he'd been saying for years that SHE made "the first move" on him. And the emphasis on her being super mature as a teenager is obvious spin to downplay how creepy the age difference and circumstances of the start of their relationship was and is. It's a classic move for people who date way too young, it's even in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 145September 18, 2018 5:05 AM

Meh. "Dating too young" is a relative term.

Soon-Yi was an adult when they started fucking. Was she too young for him? Yep. Oh fucking well. They've been together for 25 years and have two kids. There has never been another accusation of child sexual assault against Allen nor had there ever been one before he and Mia split up.

Seems clear enough what happened here.

by Anonymousreply 146September 18, 2018 5:20 AM

Mia never kept a man for 25 years!

Mia only kept a few of her children that long!

Mia is JEALOUS!

by Anonymousreply 147September 18, 2018 5:26 AM

R147 she doesn't seem capable of any sort of long term relationship does she?

by Anonymousreply 148September 18, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote] Why was the other thread closed?

Perhaps because this one has a classier title.

𝙀𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨

by Anonymousreply 149September 18, 2018 5:33 AM

It is an interesting example of how we're affected by people's looks and public persona. None of us really know either of them at all. But Mia is gorgeous and gentle looking while Allen looks like a cretinous troll (who abused on daughter and married another.) So that gives her the edge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 18, 2018 5:34 AM

Unsure about gay men, but plenty of women viewed Allen as a sex symbol and countless other ugly men owe their careers to being a Woody Allen "type". Look at the attractiveness of the women he's dated compared to him, even his first wife (the 16 year old) before he was world wide famous.

by Anonymousreply 151September 18, 2018 5:37 AM

Women appreciate humor in a man. Nothing feels better in life than laughing. That was his strong suit.

It's impossible to laugh with him now, though.

by Anonymousreply 152September 18, 2018 5:41 AM

R150 what's notable is how much support mia has even after multiple abuse allegations from her adopted children and a history of mentally unstable behavior. I really think the fact that she's attractive plays a huge role in the knights in shining armor in the media running to her defense . This isn't PC but I suspect people would look at this case very different if the looks ( or even ethnicities) of the main players were reversed . The idea pushed by the media that this case was an unequivocal slam dunk by the prosecution is just blatantly untrue.

by Anonymousreply 153September 18, 2018 5:42 AM

R137 I insist that you explain precisely where you dreamed that I stated that a lot of men look at child porn,

There is something really, really wrong with you. You literally cannot even read a paragraph without twisting and changing the meaning to suit your psychological disorder. I would be more than amenable to sharing my ISP with the FBI or any Federal agency because there is nothing wrong with me.

YOU on the other hand is clearly obsessed with child sex and "grooming." You see it everywhere you look. If you don' see it, you make it up just as you did with my words. You are one sick ticket.

by Anonymousreply 154September 18, 2018 5:52 AM

Moses said Tam really died of longtime depression and a pill overdose.

by Anonymousreply 155September 18, 2018 6:06 AM

Yes, I believe Soon Yi saw which door could be opened to give her what she wanted and just maybe, Woody excels at love making?

Why do you silly school girls have to insist that a girl can not have a thinking brain with a desire to seek out her own security? Trust me, after living in serious poverty, you are interested in security. You sound so pampered and washy washy, as if some lowlife priest could talk you into sex...free of charge. Soon Yi is obviously smarty than that and she wanted to secure her futures and if she hurt Mia at the same time, so much the better.

by Anonymousreply 156September 18, 2018 6:17 AM

Woody ruined their lives.

by Anonymousreply 157September 18, 2018 6:17 AM

[quote]r156 You sound so pampered and washy washy,

No tickee, no washy washy!

by Anonymousreply 158September 18, 2018 6:21 AM

I agree, R154, the "pedo around every corner" paranoiac is one of the most disturbing posters on the Datalounge. Her 24/7 raging, her obsessive sexualizing of children and demonizing of innocent adults is a pathology screaming for a treatment team (if not the FBI).

She reminds of the crazy guy who believed that "Q Anonymous" fantasy about Hillary and Podesta running a child sex ring in a pizza parlor. One day R137 will show up at a diner with a gun, looking for pedos that never existed. God help them when they have no idea what she's ranting about.

Obviously people who are seriously mentally ill can't have regular jobs or careers but surely we can find something for them to do. Spending all day and night online, feeding their sick pedophile and violence fantasies can't be what a doctor would recommend.

by Anonymousreply 159September 18, 2018 6:22 AM

They can hold down a job for awhile then they go off their meds.

That was suppose to be wishy washy...or spineless,. I am just saying, Soon Yi seems like a strong, thoughtful woman. And I do not believe for a minute that Woody used her against her will.

In the culture she grew up in, everyone was spreading their legs, she wanted to use her assets, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 160September 18, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote]r160 In the culture she grew up in, everyone was spreading their legs, she wanted to use her assets, IMO.

But why did her step father allow her to procede, and take the pictures?

Did Allen ever even forward them to a modeling agency?

by Anonymousreply 161September 18, 2018 6:39 AM

What are you saying? Korean women are prostitutes? Korean orphans are prostitutes? R160 tell me more about this hyper sexualized asian culture.

Mia and woody have kept this war going a long time. Dylan, Soon Yi, Moses, Ronan, all the kids are victims of two whinny rich people with emotional boundary issues,

Children in your care are not friends, support systems or fuck buddies. They are developmentally not adults.

by Anonymousreply 162September 18, 2018 6:50 AM

He was NOT her stepfather.

by Anonymousreply 163September 18, 2018 6:51 AM

R163, doesn't fucking matter. At all. He's the partner of her mother- her caretaker.

Try this- your best friend in junior high and high school and college fucks your mom.

Got it? Both Mia and woody were adults. They used the kids to satisfy their emotional needs.

by Anonymousreply 164September 18, 2018 7:02 AM

Mia used the kids (also as servants in the cast of the non-white ones). Woody didn’t. He wasn’t interested in them at all.

by Anonymousreply 165September 18, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote]r163 He was NOT her stepfather.

I thought when the courts were looking into custody, they came to the conclusion Allen was for all intents and purposes the childrens' stepfather.

He sure as hell wasn't the building super.

by Anonymousreply 166September 18, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote]victims of two whinny rich people

Whiny. Whinny is what a horse does.

by Anonymousreply 167September 18, 2018 7:11 AM

[quote]r165 Mia used the kids (also as servants in the cast of the non-white ones). Woody didn’t. He wasn’t interested in them at all.

Oh, he was VERY interested in at least ONE non-white one.

by Anonymousreply 168September 18, 2018 7:11 AM

[quote]But why did her step father allow her to procede,

She didn’t have a stepfather. Woody and Mia would have had to be married for that. Woody had absolutely no interest in Mia’s kids with Previn at all. Mia went over to Woody’s to fuck or spend the night, so they hardly ever saw Woody.

by Anonymousreply 169September 18, 2018 7:14 AM

[quote]Oh, he was VERY interested in at least ONE non-white one.

Not according to Soon-Yi. Since she was there and you weren’t, I’ll take her word for it over someone like you,

by Anonymousreply 170September 18, 2018 7:16 AM

[quote]Didn't the intimacy begin when she told Allen she wanted to be a teen model, and he took naked pics of her with her legs splayed open?

Wrong. Their relationship began when Soon-Yi was 19 and Mia suggested Woody take Soon-Yi to the ballgame, because Mia hated sports and hated to go to games with him. It was at that game that Woody realized what a lie Mia had sold him about Soon-Yi being “slow” or “stupid.”

by Anonymousreply 171September 18, 2018 7:23 AM

How did the nude/legs splayed "modeling shoot" happen between them? I assume Mia was not present?

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2018 7:26 AM

I believe Soon-Yi (seriously, people! Her goddamned NAME is at the top of the thread, why is it so hard to spell?). I think she wanted to A: get away from Mia, and B: get some revenge. The moment I read about Mia stealing another woman's husband, I knew what had happened. Men fight, women go to WAR with each other. This was an elegant revenge against her 'mother.' Do to mom what mom did to someone else? Classic!

Of course, Woody is a creep who threw away his relationship with his other children over this, but here was an investigation, and no evidence was ever found of him molesting that girl, and, as pointed out, pedos don't stop at one. Dylan is a victim of her batshit crazy mother, but at some point, you have to want to move on with life, and she doesn't. I imagine this gives her attention and power she wouldn't have otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2018 8:10 AM

The court released the nude/legs splayed photos Allen took of Soon-Yi.

They've been sealed for a long time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2018 8:22 AM

Why do you constantly lie on this thread, r174? There were no "legs splayed" shots. And you know it. You're just determined to root for team Crazy Mia, no many how many lies you tell in service to her evil highness. How very Trump-like of you. But also rather loony.

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2018 10:47 AM

Woody was not her stepfather and I have no idea why you can not get that through your head. Why in the world do you make so much of some nude pictures? Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2018 11:38 AM

Some of you are very thick. I was not talking about crotch shots or vulgar pictures. I was talking about bedding someone so she could get what she needed. Soon Yi did not have to go out looking for that person, her mother had provided her with someone.

For some reason our culture likes to ignore the practical side of life. Trust me, smart people who have lived through hardship are not going to ignore opportunity. As I said, I admire Soon Yi.

by Anonymousreply 177September 18, 2018 11:47 AM

I am sure Soon-Yi isn't mentally retarded enough to reject hush hush money for keeping her mouth shut about Woody's sexcapades with young girls.

To hell with child abuse when you can live in luxury, right Soon-Yi.

by Anonymousreply 178September 18, 2018 1:11 PM

The Farrows are so angry, so filled with hate!

by Anonymousreply 179September 18, 2018 1:47 PM

For the uninformed r175

[quote]Farrow—who, contrary to Allen’s subsequent assertions that their relationship was nearly over by January, still thought they would be spending the rest of their lives together—made the discovery of Allen’s affair with Soon-Yi when she found a stack of Polaroids taken by him of her daughter, her legs spread in full frontal nudity. Woody would later say publicly that the pictures had been taken because Soon-Yi was interested in modeling.

talic]iVanity Fair

by Anonymousreply 180September 18, 2018 6:32 PM

R110: Yashar Ali is gay from space so it's unlikely any women will be making #MeToo allegations against him.

by Anonymousreply 181September 18, 2018 6:42 PM

All his defenders here are just as guilty of the very same thing they are accusing others of doing, who don't trust Allen, they are doing. Lots of ignorance about sexual abuse and an uncomfortable amount of defending of predatory behavior going on as well.

No other reported victims, no legal accountability, etc., does not mean sexual abuse couldn't have happened. That's a load of crap and unintentionally or not, spreading false information about what sexual abuse looks like.

If they understood anything about predators, they'd know how manipulative they are, how they teeter the line between abuse and "accidental touching", slowly crossing boundries. They'd know that research on offenders shows there can be dozens or more victims , no one knows about, before they were caught. They'd know abusers can continue abuse without it being reported again. They'd know there's still cases in this day and age, that aren't prosecuted, despite admitted guilt, or undeniable evidence. They'd know the "false memory" theory was heavily pushed by pedo apologists to make victims look like liars. They'd also know predators purposely choose to pursue victims that would be seen as less credible.

Most women against sexual abuse aren't saying women and girls are childish, but that grooming, gaslighting, etc., are common problems. The problem isn't believing that a teen may choose to engage in sexual activity with an adult; the problem is an adult taking advantage of that.

Don't care what the opinion of Allen is, just enough with the fucking excuses for predators and enough with the downplaying of sexual abuse to support your position. Try using the actual facts, instead of spreading ignorance about abuse. You know, like the people who are suspicious of him are doing (at least until the next comment from a defender moves the goal posts.)

For fucks sake, there's a post trying to make child porn use sound reasonable! True colors really show when defenders start derailing about how all women are, and downplaying sexual abuse as normal...

by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2018 7:43 PM

Enough with #MeToo.

by Anonymousreply 183September 18, 2018 8:14 PM

Leaving whatever he did to his daughter Dylan aside, what Mr. Allen did with his de-facto stepdaughter Soon-Yi is gross.

Basically, he knew this girl since she was 10, and was in a 12-year relationship with her mother. If true love blossomed between the old man and the teen at some point...he could have broken up with the mom, having a talk with her about where he and her daughter's feelings were headed. OR, he could have curtailed the relationship with the daughter, saying it was just too complicated and didn't feel right, and looked for someone else outside the family.

Instead, Allen felt comfortable sleeping with and photographing his partner's daughter in the nude...and only was willing to deal with the situation honestly after they were found out.

Whether the two illicit lovers ended up together in the long run is immateriasl: It's just a scuzzy situation neither of them can be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2018 10:20 PM

She doesn’t even try to make her face look less scary. She’s on the Yoko Ono beauty program.

by Anonymousreply 185September 18, 2018 10:46 PM

R182 Rather than making a vague accusation, please elucidate exactly how a commenter sought to normalize child pornography. Exactly including quotes.

by Anonymousreply 186September 18, 2018 11:11 PM

R185 - she’s rich as fuck and gives zero fucks.

by Anonymousreply 187September 18, 2018 11:22 PM

r19, if you're still around can you explain your comment that Ronan spent large parts of his childhood on a family farm, not with Mia or his siblings? What farm, and who was caring for him? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 188September 18, 2018 11:55 PM

This bizarre interview/profile of her raises more questions than it answers. And not all necessarily in a good way for her and Woody. These people are seriously fucked up.

R184 "Instead, Allen felt comfortable sleeping with and photographing his partner's daughter in the nude...and only was willing to deal with the situation honestly after they were found out."

Not even. After Mia learned of the affair, Woody and Soon Yi lied and led her to believe it was over. Mia forgave Soon Yi, let her come back home, and was working out a custody and support arrangement with Woody. Then Soon Yi left to work at a camp for the summer, she was then fired because Woody was calling her there constantly (using a fake name). After she was fired, Soon Yi lied to Mia and told her she'd quit, then disappeared for a few days. Mia learned the affair was not only back on but had continued throughout when the camp sent her a letter about the firing and the calls.

Even though Soon Yi publicly stated at the time of the custody case that Mia had abused her and she was willing to testify, she never testified in the custody trial.

by Anonymousreply 189September 18, 2018 11:57 PM

Mia lied about what was in the pictures. She wanted to make them sound as dirty as possible. In reality, she was mortified because Woody had turned down her own offer to pose for nudies.

by Anonymousreply 190September 19, 2018 12:10 AM

Mia has lied about everything in this situation. She's an insane, screeching, evil bitch who treats people terribly, and none more terribly than her Asian "children," whom she treated like servants.

by Anonymousreply 191September 19, 2018 12:12 AM

Yeah, Mia should have done what pseudo-Daddy did. Take nudie pics of them and have sex with them.

by Anonymousreply 192September 19, 2018 12:16 AM

I wonder if Woody shared the nudie pics with his friends. Like Jeffrey Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 193September 19, 2018 12:17 AM

I'm not going to doubt Soon Yi's (or Moses') allegations of abuse by Mia. But this interview/profile of Soon Yi is very misleading in some significant ways. The author leaves open too much of her narrative and doesn't challenge her on some serious mischaracterizations. Soon Yi tries to claim that Mia short-changed her education because she erroneously dismissed her as hopelessly "retarded." But Soon Yi got enough of a fundamental education to enroll in college right after leaving Mia's home and get an advanced degree at Columbia. Her exaggerated self-aggrandizement makes clear she wants people to believe she managed that due to some innate genius instead. She clearly tries to insinuate that Mia had separate tracks for her bio and adopted children, but Moses, Lark and Daisy all had elite private school educations. Summer, Quincy and Isaiah also all went on to college. Thaddeus, despite being paraplegic from childhood polio, became a mechanic and became or was training to become a police officer before his death.

It's also telling that while the author keeps interjecting Moses' allegations of abuse by Mia towards himself as well as other siblings, Soon Yi herself says nothing about them. In fact, she says almost nothing about any of her siblings--no emotional connections, no missing any of them, no feelings at all about being cut off from them. Moses supposedly reconciled with Woody, but Soon Yi makes no mention of having any relationship with him. That may be the fault of the author for not including or asking her about it, but it's still pretty odd. And for all the insistence that Woody was not a father figure to her and that she already had a father, she has nothing at all to say about Andre Previn. Her whole mind seems to be occupied with hating Mia and defending Woody.

by Anonymousreply 194September 19, 2018 12:18 AM

That is because Soon-Yi is all kinds of fucked up and incapable of love. She probably has reactive attachment disorder.

by Anonymousreply 195September 19, 2018 12:21 AM

R190, fuck off with YOUR lies. The judge from the custody trial described the pictures in his decision: "She is posed reclining on a couch with her legs spread apart."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 19, 2018 12:21 AM

R195, given her horrible childhood even before Mia adopted her, it's very possible she has such a disorder. If she was abused by Mia and later groomed by Woody, that would only make it all worse.

by Anonymousreply 197September 19, 2018 12:24 AM

[quote]r196 LEGAL FINDING OF FACTS...Mr. Allen took 6 photos of young Soon-Yi "posed on the couch with her legs spread apart."

Surely this is how [italic]every[/italic] guy bonds with his longterm partner's daughter ? ?

Why the rucus ? ! ? !

by Anonymousreply 198September 19, 2018 12:31 AM

It's possible Woody used his influence to buy Soon-Yi an advanced degree to make her look more independent and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 199September 19, 2018 12:34 AM

I doubt Sooner would have been accepted into any rigorous program, anywhere, without the names of Farrow, Previn and Allen behind her.

by Anonymousreply 200September 19, 2018 12:37 AM

R199, maybe. That would also explain why she didn't testify in the custody trial, because it would expose just how vulnerable she was. But given how much Mia clearly valued education and that all of her children benefited, it's more likely that Soon Yi was given a good an education but just didn't feel appreciated enough. She clearly thinks highly of her self-described genius and may have resented feeling pitied or patronized by Mia because of her learning disability and emotional issues. Or maybe Mia's abuse leaves her unable to acknowledge anything Mia did for her.

In the article there's a link to Soon Yi's statement to Newsweek in 1993. It's basically a shorter version of this interview. She hasn't matured or moved on in any way at all since then.

by Anonymousreply 201September 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Soon-Yi is a bitch. Mia saves her from a shitty life as an orphan and she pays her back by fucking her perv husband. And worse than that, she stayed with him for decades.

by Anonymousreply 202September 19, 2018 12:46 AM

R135, please provide evidence that Woody molested Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 203September 19, 2018 12:49 AM

I really do wonder how Soon-Yi was as a mother. Also, would she want her own daughters to have Woody-type boyfriends?

by Anonymousreply 204September 19, 2018 1:05 AM

If a 55-year-old man really loved a 20-year-old woman, he'd encourage her to look for a relationship with a man her own age. A 35-year age gap, especially when one of the parties is that young is just gross. He's a vampire who stole her youth from her.

by Anonymousreply 205September 19, 2018 1:15 AM

R205 he seems to like underage girls so he probably outgrew her pretty fast but had no choice but to publicly stick with her. Besides, it would be easy for him to run around on someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 206September 19, 2018 1:19 AM

R204 - I’ve met them. Their adopted daughters are normal and well adjusted. Soon-Yi is a good mother, or at least not a bad one.

by Anonymousreply 207September 19, 2018 1:38 AM

R205, according to her it wasn't serious at first and he was telling her that she'd find someone her own age. Then when they were discovered it magically became "the heart wants what it wants" and she discovered he loved her only after he announced it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 208September 19, 2018 1:38 AM

R204 do you think she would approve of her daughters having Woody-type boyfriends of their own? Or no, you don't think Soon-Yi would be the type to be okay with it?

/

by Anonymousreply 209September 19, 2018 1:40 AM

R207 do you think Soon-Yi would approve of her daughters having Woody-type boyfriends of their own? Or no, you don't think Soon-Yi would be the type to be okay with it?

by Anonymousreply 210September 19, 2018 1:42 AM

You would think Woody Allen and his coyote ugly wife would have the sense to just shut the hell up. Because every time they come out with an article or interview raking Mia Farrow over the coals or rhapsodizing over their wonderful life together they get the inevitable articulate and negative response from Ronan and Dylan Farrow. They've done this again and again and the outcome is always the same. And no matter how hard they try to make it seem like they are "good" and Mia Farrow is "bad" they invariably come across as self-serving liars, truly repugnant human beings. How can they not see that? They must be totally delusional and/or REALLY stupid.

by Anonymousreply 211September 19, 2018 1:50 AM

This chick is married to her almost/virtual stepdad.

by Anonymousreply 212September 19, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote] Because every time they come out with an article or interview

Soon-yi has been silent for twenty five years. During that period how many times have Ronan, Mia, etc attacked them. Nobody is under obligation to be a perpetual punching bag.

by Anonymousreply 213September 19, 2018 2:07 AM

R205 types female .

by Anonymousreply 214September 19, 2018 2:11 AM

Mia was done wrong. Look at the report document above.

by Anonymousreply 215September 19, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote]You would think Woody Allen and his coyote ugly wife

What does her physical appearance have to do with anything? So, what--you're on the side of a woman who's been acting like a deranged lunatic for decades because she's good looking?

How stupid and shallow are you?

by Anonymousreply 216September 19, 2018 2:18 AM

Woody and Mia are both awful people.

I think it's kind of sad that Ronan is pushing people to listen to Dylan's accusations against Woody, but yet he doesn't want to people to listen or read about Soon-Yi and Moses's accusations against Mia. It's possible that Woody is a child molestor and Mia physically and emotionally abused some of her children.

by Anonymousreply 217September 19, 2018 2:22 AM

This has no merit whatsoever. But I saw them last year on a quiet street in LA. Those two were in love. No doubt. I have no others news. And I HATE Woody Allen movies. Except Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 218September 19, 2018 2:24 AM

Soon Yi is certainly not slow but seems cold and distant,

by Anonymousreply 219September 19, 2018 2:30 AM

"What does her physical appearance have to do with anything? So, what--you're on the side of a woman who's been acting like a deranged lunatic for decades because she's good looking?"

It's the truth. Soon-Yi is a dog. And you're the one who sounds like "a deranged lunatic."

by Anonymousreply 220September 19, 2018 2:37 AM

"Those two were in love. No doubt."

Judging from countless photos of them together your hypothesis is laughable. Even when they're trying REALLY hard to show the world how much in love they are it seems fake and forced. Like they're putting on an act. And no doubt they are.

by Anonymousreply 221September 19, 2018 2:41 AM

They may be "in love" in the sense that they have a mutual understanding and reliance upon each other. They definitely seem to have an us against the world mentality. Whether that includes real intimate passion and romance is another thing. I don't think it's coincidence that Woody "settled down" into his longest relationship beginning in, what, his 60s? Whatever pervy sexual relationship they started with may have now evolved into comfortable longtime companion type roles.

by Anonymousreply 222September 19, 2018 2:46 AM

I don't know what to think about any of the involved parties here, I think they all sound fucking nuts. There's no way in hell Woody and Soon-Yi's daughters can be "well-adjusted," I do suppose they were raised by a nanny, however.

Where the hell is Andre Previn in this situation? We know mother Mia was fucking Woody or whatever, but where the fuck was her father?

People who adopt large quantities of children are always nuts, why is that?

by Anonymousreply 223September 19, 2018 3:10 AM

R223, Andre Previn and Mia divorced sometime after adopting Soon Yi. He disowned her after her relationship with Allen was uncovered.

by Anonymousreply 224September 19, 2018 3:17 AM

R224 Did he have any sort of relationship with her before he disowned her?

by Anonymousreply 225September 19, 2018 3:23 AM

[quote]r223 People who adopt large quantities of children are always nuts, why is that?

I think one factor in Farrow adopting many kids is she came from a large Irish Catholic family, herself...being 1 of 7 children.

That's what family meant to her, growing up...even if it meant they all ended up looking a little like the Von Trapp Family Singers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 19, 2018 3:36 AM

R216 in all honesty, the earlier comment pretty much summed up the mindset of alot of the defenders of nutty Mia and her still tied to the apron strings son Ronan. I think 90 percent of the hyperagressive ,often venomous defense of Mia is due to her being attractive. She's a good actress and probably meant well in the beginning but there are consistent abuse allegations from her by the adopted children, which the public studiously ignore. It isn't PC but if the looks (or even ethnicities ) of the main players were reversed, I suspect the popular opinion would be very different. Note all the comments insisting that Son must be a terrible mother, even though there is no evidence. While no one cares about the abuse alleged by Mia's adopted children. Perhaps gender plays a role as well, as one of the children who has been most vocal against Mia is male.

by Anonymousreply 227September 19, 2018 3:38 AM

R210 - R207 here, her daughters hopefully won’t have to find a guy like Woody, they’ll be incredibly wealthy when that time comes. Soon-yi, like every other young woman who married an old man, did it for security and freedom.

by Anonymousreply 228September 19, 2018 3:40 AM

[quote]People who adopt large quantities of children are always nuts, why is that?

A neighbor of mine is a retired lawyer and she practiced family law and also helped with adoptions. She said some of the people who adopted large quantities of kids had an unhealthy savior complexes. She said that some of the people might have had good intentions in the beginning by adopting children from bad countries or children with special needs. But, some people can't accept that there is limit to how much they can do for kids coming from difficult situations.

by Anonymousreply 229September 19, 2018 3:53 AM

Of course, THIS is required viewing for ALL:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 19, 2018 3:54 AM

[quote]It's the truth. Soon-Yi is a dog. And you're the one who sounds like "a deranged lunatic."

Were you in Special Ed as a kid? I'm asking because I'm having a hard time believing that an adult of average intelligence would have this hard a time separating someone's physical appearance from their behavior and personality.

Do you literally think "beautiful people=good", "ugly people=evil?" This is a concept that most children grow out of at some point.

by Anonymousreply 231September 19, 2018 3:56 AM

R231 many Americans never outgrow that viewpoint. Good looks are naturally favored in most societies but Americans are obsessed with the idea that beauty(particularly fair beauty ) equals inherent goodness. Another contributing factor to the public perception is the fact that the Allen's are Jewish /korean while the Farrows are blonde. It's amusing to see all these self righteous knights in shining armor somberly declaring that they will never see another Allen film. Meanwhile, no one bats an eye (no pun intended )over Mark Wahlbergs career after he blinded a man .

by Anonymousreply 232September 19, 2018 4:06 AM

[quote]r231 Do you literally think "beautiful people=good", "ugly people=evil?"

Well, some people DO believe that beautiful people are that way because it's all the inner goodness seeping out to the surface.

"Ugly As Sin" may be the reverse of that.

by Anonymousreply 233September 19, 2018 4:07 AM

She’s fug. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 234September 19, 2018 4:29 AM

Wasn’t one of Mia’s brothers arrested for molesting boys?

by Anonymousreply 235September 19, 2018 4:33 AM

Lots of mental illness and abuse in the Farrow family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 19, 2018 4:38 AM

I know one brother died young.

The Farrow family was Catholic. If another one became a molester, it's probably because a priest got his hands on him very young, and warped him : (

by Anonymousreply 237September 19, 2018 4:39 AM

[quote]She's a good actress and probably meant well in the beginning but there are consistent abuse allegations from her by the adopted children, which the public studiously ignore. It isn't PC but if the looks (or even ethnicities ) of the main players were reversed, I suspect the popular opinion would be very different. Note all the comments insisting that Son must be a terrible mother, even though there is no evidence. While no one cares about the abuse alleged by Mia's adopted children. Perhaps gender plays a role as well, as one of the children who has been most vocal against Mia is male.

A former nanny said during the custody battle back in the 90s that she saw Mia slap Moses. I might be wrong, but I don't think Ronan has ever addressed that part. Some people have came out in support of Moses and Soon-Yi's allegations against Mia. Now, it's possible that these people are huge Woody Allen defenders. But, some of the people who have supported Moses and Soon-Yi may feel that the nanny's testimony is enough to see that Mia might be guilty of horrible things too.

Mia doesn't come off as normal in other ways. Several of her kids' names have been changed multiple times. IIRC, she claimed that the kids would change their names on their own. I can maybe believe that one kid asked for name change. But, not multiple kids changing their names. Moses has alleged that the daughter who died actually committed suicide by overdosing on pills. Also, Mia and Ronan initially claimed that Thaddeus died from car accident injuries. But, it was revealed that he shot himself while driving. They have to be hiding certain things

by Anonymousreply 238September 19, 2018 4:39 AM

Mia can't choose her siblings. But Woody chose his friend Jeffrey Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 239September 19, 2018 4:40 AM

I was slapped one or twice as a child. I don't really consider it abuse...it's not like my jaw was dislocated or I chipped a tooth.

Frankly, I was being a brat.

by Anonymousreply 240September 19, 2018 4:43 AM

^^ In fact, thinking on it, probably more kids should be slapped on occassion.

Look around. They're awful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 19, 2018 4:59 AM

I always thought Mia's adopting so many kids was kind of a hoarding situation.

Wonder what finally made her stop.

by Anonymousreply 242September 19, 2018 5:07 AM

She comes from a family of 7 kids, and has 8 kids.

What's so strange about that?

by Anonymousreply 243September 19, 2018 5:15 AM

R243 Actually, she has a total of 14 children (11 living), with 4 of them being biological and 10 adopted.

People with large adopted families are odd to me and maybe I'm an asshole for thinking that. I used to work at a school where there was a Jehovah's Witness family that probably had maybe 6 adopted children, some with profound disabilities, and a rotating door of foster children. I'm sure their heart was in the right place, but the children of theirs that attended our school were some of the most filthy unkempt children I've ever seen. If you're going to adopt so many damn kids, why not give them a fucking bath every once in a while or wash their clothes? Why not take care proper care of them?

by Anonymousreply 244September 19, 2018 5:30 AM

[quote] r244 People with large adopted families are odd to me and maybe I'm an asshole for thinking that.

I would say it's different in every case, and furthermore it's a rather rare family dynamic. Certainly I've never met anyone who's from a huge family of adoptees. Most can't afford it.

In Farrow's case, she had a very large rent controlled apartment in NYC as well as a country house outside the city, so the children were not starved for space. She had her own mother who lived with her, as well as hired help. She gave the children excellent educations and sufficient material possessions.

I do think in a single family that large it might be difficult to give each child the individual attention that would be ideal...but on the other hand it's hard to argue they'd have done better starving on the streets of Calcutta or Bangkok, or wherever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 19, 2018 6:26 AM

R232, Americans set the beauty standard. All best traits taken from every race. Otherworldly and stunning.

by Anonymousreply 246September 19, 2018 7:00 AM

R184 just recently there was a thread about David Duchovny (57) dating a twenty-something daughter of his longtime pal. It went mostly unnoticed but the comments were mostly positive. That’s what most straight men want. The only weirdness in this case comes from Woody’s relationship with Mia which was truly bizzare.

by Anonymousreply 247September 19, 2018 11:42 AM

Those women who collect children, I do not trust them. I always feel sorry for tube kids because you know the dimwit mothers have no idea what is coming down the road.

by Anonymousreply 248September 19, 2018 12:05 PM

Regarding Soon-Yi and Woody: so fucking what? Yes, it was wildly inappropriate, but they were both adults. I honestly couldn’t care less, at this point.

And I don’t know if Woody touched his daughter’s vagina when she was seven. I think it’s disgusting that Mia made that shit public, and I also think this entire family is nuts for rehashing this over and over.

There is no more to do about it. She got full custody of her children, and she got PAID. She ruined his career, and forever tarnished his legacy. What more do these people want? Do they want him dead? Well, that’s coming right up, because Allen is old as dirt.

Leave it alone already. No one but these screeching frauen on DataLounge and iVillage give a flying fuck.

JFC. This is fucking ridiculous already.

by Anonymousreply 249September 19, 2018 12:59 PM

What r249 said.

by Anonymousreply 250September 19, 2018 1:15 PM

To the poster(s) obsessed with Soon-Yi being "ugly" or "fug", do you think that Woody is a "hot piece"?

by Anonymousreply 251September 19, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]women viewed Allen as a sex symbol

No, dear.

by Anonymousreply 252September 19, 2018 1:45 PM

Mia is a beauty? I think both mia and soon-yi are equally attractive.

When they were younger they had youth on their side and now they are your average middle aged and older women.

by Anonymousreply 253September 19, 2018 4:14 PM

Mia was breathtaking in her teens and twenties. And her bone structure has been her friend into old age (what is she, 70, 72?).

Soon-yi, barely pretty.

by Anonymousreply 254September 19, 2018 4:23 PM

Mia was STUNNING. One of those rare faces that look ruined with makeup. Like ruining a perfect canvass. One of the most beautiful women ever. And unlike many others, she was actually born with that face. Didn’t pay for it.

Too bad she’s nuts. I guess physical perfection came at another type of price.

by Anonymousreply 255September 19, 2018 4:31 PM

R139 = resident pedo

by Anonymousreply 256September 19, 2018 5:10 PM

R249 Actually, his career is pretty mu ch over. So most people care.

by Anonymousreply 257September 19, 2018 5:11 PM

[quote]r249 Leave it alone already.

We're reacting to what is in the news.

by Anonymousreply 258September 19, 2018 5:35 PM

Hasn't it passed from the news cycle already? (I haven't been on twitter). There were one or two editorials, the most recent vilifying New York and the author, which I don't understand at all.

by Anonymousreply 259September 19, 2018 5:41 PM

Well, this thread has been kept alive by the misguided things some Woody Allen fans post. So then people respond to those.

People don't think about Mr. Allen much now...but then when his name comes up, that scandal was all so sickening that this huge ick factor kicks in all over again.

by Anonymousreply 260September 19, 2018 5:54 PM

I have no dog in this fight. After hearing from Moses, who comes off much more credible than anyone in this mess, including Ronan, I very much doubt that Woody molested Dylan. That is not to say Woody is any kind of hero. What he did back in the '90s with Soon Yi was not ok. But, the fact is they've been together for nearly 30 years now. Whatever they had back then was genuine, not just some fetish.

I'm not saying Dylan doesn't actually believe it. It really sounds like Mia ran a dysfunctional, sick home, and Dylan was victim of it. I feel very badly for her.

Cue the hysterical Mia-stans who TYPE IN CAPS AND SAY "SOON YI WAS A RETART!" Those people are so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 261September 19, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote]r261 But, the fact is they've been together for nearly 30 years now. Whatever they had back then was genuine, not just some fetish.

Well, he's not going to divorce HER, considering the news impact that could have, and given anything unsavory she could say if she were angered by a divorce would dig him deeper....and she seems to have no need to divorce HIM, as she enjoys a comfortable life within his circle. So I don't know that the fact they're still together proves anything.

by Anonymousreply 262September 19, 2018 6:50 PM

R262, your post even dehumanizes her and takes away her agency. You see her as a Lena than capable woman, with her own Amgen you, thoughts and feelings. You also imply that Allen could never divorce this ugly little rat from Korea, because she’d destroy him with more nefarious secrets

Your a true blue cunt.

You know what? They’re in love with each other. They’ve made a home for themselves, and are in a committed marriage. I have a feeling that your feelings regarding this would be less venomous, had Soon-Yi been a gorgeous, NY socialite, like Mia.

You’re really just a jealous bitch, who cannot fathom that a wealthy playwright a filmmaker like Woody Allen, ran off with the ugly maid, even if he himself, looks like an elderly cabbage patch doll. He’s rich and famous. How dare the lowly Asian woman snag a rich and famous American?

The nerve!

by Anonymousreply 263September 19, 2018 8:17 PM

Oh, calm down, r263. And learn about the comma.

by Anonymousreply 264September 19, 2018 8:18 PM

Correction:

[R262], your post even dehumanizes her and takes away her agency. You see her as a less than capable woman, with her own agency , thoughts and feelings. You also imply that Allen could never divorce this ugly little rat from Korea, because she’d destroy him with more nefarious secrets

by Anonymousreply 265September 19, 2018 8:21 PM

r263 I'm not saying they're not happy together...I'm disagree with your statement:

[quote]they've been together for nearly 30 years now. Whatever they had back then was genuine, not just some fetish.

They may be happy, they may not. That they're still together doesn't mean they're happy, or that the relations would have lasted so long had there not been individual pressures to not look bad (and take a financial hit) by capsizing the whole relationship.

As I said, [italic]"I don't know that the fact they're still together proves anything."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 19, 2018 8:40 PM

^^ Also, just looking at his past behavior, Allen might not have wanted divorce because that would mean Soon-Yi could take the nubile young adoptees away with her.

by Anonymousreply 267September 19, 2018 8:56 PM

R267, you are grasping at straws. Straws filled with more holes than the usual two holes each straw comes with.

You are making up a narrative that paints this woma in an evil light, by implying that their two adopted daughter are their for Allen’s sexual proclivities, and nothing else.

Lady, I gotta tell you something: you are sick. You are a horrible person. Who do you have in your life? How many people have you pushed you histrionics onto? Man, just the stay the fuck out of my way, because I’m lawyer up quick, and do not play games with mentally defectives and crazy cunts, such as yourself.

Someone should have put you in an institution LONG ago. You need help badly. I’ve seen some sick people on DL, but I must say, you take my breath away, because you are absolutely insane and could be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 268September 19, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote]You’re really just a jealous bitch, who cannot fathom that a wealthy playwright a filmmaker like Woody Allen, ran off with the ugly maid, even if he himself, looks like an elderly cabbage patch doll. He’s rich and famous. How dare the lowly Asian woman snag a rich and famous American? The nerve!

You deduce all that from a single post by an anonymous poster? You do realize you're just filling in the blanks, right?

by Anonymousreply 269September 19, 2018 9:44 PM

R268, just shut up, you lunatic. You embarrassed yourself with that post.

by Anonymousreply 270September 19, 2018 9:48 PM

[quote]R269 You are making up a narrative that paints this woma in an evil light, by implying that their two adopted daughter are their for Allen’s sexual proclivities, and nothing else.

I said that could be HIS agenda. I didn't say it was hers, or anything she would even be aware of.

You seem very apt to fly off the handle.

[quote]r269 Lady, I gotta tell you something:

I am not female. Don't know why you would conclude that.

by Anonymousreply 271September 19, 2018 9:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!