Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Linda Evangelista

I saw this interview with Linda Evangelista on House of Style in 1992 once and still remember her responses.

She had a timeless look that put her into the top tier of all-time best models.

What do you think of Linda Evangelista?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601September 8, 2018 1:33 PM

George Michael and Linda Evangelista during the 'Too Funky' video shoot circa 1992 in Paris, France

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2018 6:24 AM

Her mystique was initially blown when Unzipped came out, and she was shrill and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2018 6:25 AM

I always thought she was ugly and strange-looking - big nose and horrible gummy smile.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2018 6:25 AM

She said that Joan Severance was a big inspiration for her to get involved with modeling.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2018 6:27 AM

At the risk of receiving the wrath of DL I will say she was not my favorite of the 90's supermodels, her face is homely

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2018 6:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2018 6:30 AM

R5 BANNED!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2018 6:31 AM

She regretted that impulse purchase of a front row seat at Blue Man Group

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2018 6:35 AM

More interesting and versatile than Naomi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2018 6:42 AM

After the way she enabled her rapist ex-husband Gerald Marie, I'm surprised the MeToo movement hasn't caught up to her ass. She knew he was harassing, molesting and raping underage girls under their roof, and she didn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2018 6:43 AM

Linda WAS striking and really encapsulated the look and attitude of the "supermodel" phenomenon that occurred a hot minute before 1990 and ended rather abruptly 6 or 7 years later (of the supermodels, Kate was the only survivor really) . Personality-wise, she left a lot to be desired; I suppose that was part of her bitchy appeal. I do not follow her closely these days, but the last pictures that I saw were of a very frumpy middle-aged woman who looked nothing like her heyday. I do not fault her for getting old and fat - it happens to most of us.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2018 6:57 AM

I always thought she looked like Sophia Loren, an odd combo of beauty and off kilter features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2018 7:11 AM

Sophia looks great here, there is definitely a resemblance. Dishevelled yet sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2018 7:14 AM

[quote]After the way she enabled her rapist ex-husband Gerald Marie, I'm surprised the MeToo movement hasn't caught up to her ass. She knew he was harassing, molesting and raping underage girls under their roof, and she didn't give a shit.

I find it hard to believe someone who looks like this is a creep:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2018 7:15 AM

Male/Female Linda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2018 7:15 AM

Androgynous Linda and Cindy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2018 7:16 AM

She was amazing and literally looked like she was glowing.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2018 7:18 AM

Linda today, yiiikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2018 7:18 AM

Who was your favourite, r5?

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2018 7:19 AM

YIKES r18

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2018 7:20 AM

R18, if she lost the weight she'd still be beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2018 7:21 AM

r19 I liked Christy Turlington and Cindy Crawford

and those she wasn't as popular I thought Vendela used to be quite beautiful in her prime

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2018 7:22 AM

I like how she has retired from modelling and seems content to be an older. less glamorous version of former herself.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2018 7:23 AM

Why does she look so sloppy, has she just given up? She's 53, not exactly ancient by today's standards.

Just because she's no longer modeling that's no reason to stop caring about your appearance. Her hair looks dirty and disgusting, she doesn't even appear to have lipstick on.

It seems she's also lost her facial bone structure, her chin is gone too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2018 7:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2018 7:28 AM

Remember Emme the zaftig model? DL probably thought she was a cow. ;)

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2018 7:29 AM

I can never understand how models or actors can destroy their looks via food, alcohol, drugs or hideous tattoos. It's not just their looks or health, it's their livelihood.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2018 7:34 AM

She looks worse than George Michael.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2018 7:36 AM

Especially Linda "I never get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day" Evangelista, surprised she would let herself go like that

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2018 7:38 AM

OMG! Lypsinka looks AWFUL!

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2018 7:45 AM

Cindy Crawford looks like Caitlyn Jenner she always seemed mannish

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2018 7:49 AM

Emme Aronsen last year, she looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2018 7:55 AM

Emme Aronsen looks like Helen Hunt if Hunt put on some weight

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2018 8:01 AM

all that photoshopping, why didn't they slim her down a bit? Fatso!

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2018 8:07 AM

RIP DL's classic and sorely-missed "SAVE US, LINDA EVANGELISTA" thread. Datalounge at her glorious best!

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2018 8:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2018 8:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2018 8:28 AM

I loved Linda. Even the "ugly" shots were compelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2018 10:17 AM

Had no idea she dated Kyle McLaughlin.

This if from some gossip forum: "My wife and I shared an elevator with Kyle McLaughlin and Linda Evangelista in Tahoe when Showgirls was filming. Actually, shared a Blackjack table with Linda on a really fun night. We were all too drunk and/or too cool to out her. She won a box of chocolates for not busting on a triple 7 21. There was table talk about being a great present and such, and I chimed in with "you can always give 'm to your mom", which elicited a snicker and rolleyes."

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2018 10:33 AM

My favorite of the great models now is Kristin McMenamy. She was always weird looking, but recently she went gray and stopped smiling and looks like a glamorous vampire, I love it.

I was obsessed with Linda in college but disappointed when Unzipped came out. She was so whiny and airheaded. I rewatched recently and she was actually quite funny, pulling camera time and annoying Mizrahi. She knew exactly what she was doing. Maybe she is a brat in real life but that performance was OTT on purpose I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2018 10:55 AM

Models are never more entertaining than when they fall left and right on the runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2018 11:41 AM

She was my favorite of all the models. Someone described her looks "as off kilter" that describes it perfectly. Beautiful and I love her nose. She is middle aged and living a regular life now big woop.

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2018 11:49 AM

The Face of NorthPark Center here in Dallas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2018 12:00 PM

1992 at NorthPark in Dallas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2018 12:01 PM

NorthPark Center in Dallas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2018 12:01 PM

The weight looks like coke bloat to me. Same thing that happened to Debby Harry and a lot of late 70s/80s icons. George Michael, too.

Even if you stop later in life, early chronic coke use really does a number on your metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2018 12:21 PM

Could be karma since she was such a cunt

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2018 1:01 PM

R4, She resembles Joan Severance quite a bit!

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2018 1:13 PM

DL is nothing but this one OP writing short posts about some semi-random topic, then asking us all what we think about it.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2018 2:10 PM

Bitch doesn't pay her condo fees.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2018 2:59 PM

She was magnificent in her time. Fabulously interesting face and gorgeous body. She knew how to move and how to make a shoot move along smoothly. She has health issues presently.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2018 3:27 PM

Sweet photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote] Just because she's no longer modeling that's no reason to stop caring about your appearance.

Of course it is. She's no longer a public figure and so can dress and wear makeup (or not) just to please herself.

She owes you nothing.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2018 4:04 PM

Models have to starve themselves. I can understand not wanting to do that into middle age.

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2018 4:34 PM

My best friend's sister went to a Catholic high school in St. Catherine's, ON with Linda. She has nothing bad to say about her. Apparently, she was a pretty low key girl and nobody there had ever thought she would become one of the biggest models ever.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2018 4:47 PM

[quote]Could be karma since she was such a cunt

Did you know any of them not be, esp., during those days? They were treated like rock stars.

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2018 5:01 PM

She was the David Beckham of modeling. Attractive until she opened her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 57September 2, 2018 5:19 PM

Have more people become aware of her recently due to "Pose?"

by Anonymousreply 58September 2, 2018 6:22 PM

I think Nikki Taylor is aging the best out of the group. Always seemed the most down to earth too.

by Anonymousreply 59September 2, 2018 6:35 PM

Cutting her hair short and dying it all sorts of colors was career making move for her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 2, 2018 7:04 PM

R59

To me Cindy "The Face" Turlington gets my vote.

She was my favorite back then & IMO she's the most beautiful still. Just gorgeous.

It's a fucking miracle Nikki Taylor survived that car accident.

by Anonymousreply 61September 2, 2018 7:12 PM

Linda must have enough money to be set for life, so she no longer gives a shit. She's like "fuck it, I've got enough money in the bank. I don't need to starve myself anymore."

by Anonymousreply 62September 2, 2018 7:41 PM

^ She has money from Salma Hayek's spouse, who fathered Linda's son. She definitely fucked the right guy.

And although her UNZIPPED "performance" may have been exaggerated somewhat for the cameras, that was essentially who she was. I knew somebody who worked with her (he worked the shows behind the scenes) and he told me that she was even worse when not "acting". Her success went to her head.

by Anonymousreply 63September 2, 2018 7:52 PM

I would normally not point out anything to do with spelling, but I've always loved how Niki Taylor spelled her name and with one K.

by Anonymousreply 64September 2, 2018 7:56 PM

I don’t care what Aja says, Linda Evangelista is no Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 65September 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Totally unappealing with that huge nose and the awful screechy personality. She was so obviously flawed I don't really get how she made it. She sure looked fucked up standing next to Naomi and Cindy.

As for Nadja Auerman, she has wonderful bone structure and was a goddess back when, but she has many, many extremely deep wrinkles all over her face. It is tragic. Really exaggerated aging. I wonder if there is something she could have done to stop that or slow it down?

by Anonymousreply 66September 2, 2018 8:13 PM

She was an incredible model in her time. Also, she knew how fortunate she was. She came from buttfuck CA and knew what the odds were of her achieving her success.

by Anonymousreply 67September 2, 2018 8:14 PM

Eat?

by Anonymousreply 68September 2, 2018 8:14 PM

Does anyone have tea on her relationship with Gerald Marie?

by Anonymousreply 69September 2, 2018 8:18 PM

Does anyone remember Trish Goff? She was my favorite after Christy Turlington. She's now a real estate broker in NYC and still looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 2, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote]As for Nadja Auerman, she has wonderful bone structure and was a goddess back when, but she has many, many extremely deep wrinkles all over her face.

That is the curse of he Aryan. I’m Finnish, blonde/blue, and had crow’s feet in high school. White man’s burden.

by Anonymousreply 71September 2, 2018 8:23 PM

I adored Karen Mulder. Her fall broke my heart. I'm afraid to Google her because every time I do I read about some new tragedy in her life.

by Anonymousreply 72September 2, 2018 8:28 PM

Whenever someone mentions Nadja Auermann, I think of this cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 2, 2018 8:31 PM

My mom used to confuse Linda Evangelista and Angie Everhart.

by Anonymousreply 74September 2, 2018 8:31 PM

She was my least favorite model ever, aside from that redheaded alien McMenamy (sp?) creature. Hated Evangelista's nasty teeth; she looked like a walking gingivitis commercial.

by Anonymousreply 75September 2, 2018 8:38 PM

I think my favorite was Helena then Cindy just based on their looks. I liked Beverly Peele but she didn’t stick around long

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2018 9:01 PM

Joan Severance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2018 9:03 PM

@R25 - Those two definitely have a history together, although an 'indirect' one, yet still related:

Christy: Bono; Helena: Ali

by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2018 9:10 PM

Christy and Linda, fabulous -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 2, 2018 9:14 PM

Did anyone watch the Versace SS18 show a year ago, which was a tribute to Gianni Versace? The show ended with 5 supers and Gianni favourites stepping out from behind the curtain - Naomi, Cindy, Helena, Claudia and Carla. Christy couldn't make it because she was running a marathon the next day. Linda didn't make it because she is no longer the Linda she was. Neither are the others exactly who they were, but they still make sure to keep in good shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 2, 2018 9:21 PM

I thought she looked like a goddess in the George Michael video. I loved her blonde look the most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 2, 2018 9:25 PM

@R80 - Claudia was a last-minute fill-in since Christy and Linda were no-shows.

(Claudia didn't have 'It' to make it into the GM video. Claudia was 'Commercial'/ retail ads; whereas, the other ladies were 'Art' / Couture.)

by Anonymousreply 82September 2, 2018 9:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 2, 2018 9:37 PM

Linda was a great model, but she was unable to cross over to another career in the public eye because she has a horrible voice and she isn't very intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 84September 2, 2018 9:46 PM

I think you're a bit confused r82, Linda was never going to turn up and Christy was booked from a long time before, it's not as though they had to find a replacement at the last minute. Gianni loved Claudia, she was quintissential Versace and the face of Chanel. I think you're confusing Claudia with Heidi Klum.

The reason Claudia wasn't in the GM video is because she wasn't on the January 1990 British Vogue cover featuring the five supermodels, as they came to be known (although I'm not sure Tatjana Patitz is really a supermodel).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 2, 2018 9:47 PM

The famous FW1991 show featuring masses of supers and where Linda, Cindy, Christy and Naomi walked down the runway arm-in-arm singing George Michael's Freedom - except that bit's been edited, so no Freedom and no supers with arms locked.

Still, you can see: Linda Evangelista; Karen Mulder; Cindy Crawford; Claudia Schiffer; Stephanie Seymour; Helena Christensen; Christy Turlington; Yasmeen Ghauri; Naomi Campbell; Marpessa Hennink; Gail Elliott; Gurmit Kaur; Nadege Bospertus; Emma Sjöberg; Angelika Kallio; Heather Stewart-Whyte; Anna Bayle; Carla Bruni; Claudia Mason; and Yasmin Le Bon.

Truth be told, the walks were awful back in those days and the runway is chaotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 2, 2018 9:51 PM

Salvaged clip of Linda, Cindy, Christy and Naomi walked down the runway arm-in-arm singing George Michael's Freedom. Linda is awesome, this is such a beautiful moment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2018 9:52 PM

R59, Niki Taylor is not a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2018 9:58 PM

R88 BANNED!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2018 10:05 PM

I was loving this thread...relishing the intense nostalgia...and then my eyes fell upon those horrible 90s baby-doll dresses in [R87]'s link ...Yuck barf gag! What a bubble-burster. Such boring, tame runway wear. Those dresses would never fly today as high fashion. Maybe it really WAS a simpler time.

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2018 10:09 PM

Z and N

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2018 10:11 PM

Looks like Nadja Auermann--who some one upthread nominated as their fave supermodel (as was she one of mine)-- also put on some significant weight a few years back. Thankfully, more recent pics show her looking more svelte , like an older version of her old self. She was made of magic in her heyday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2018 10:16 PM

R92 here, this is a recent pic of Nadja, looking gorgeous. Wonder what was up with her in 2010? Health issues? Boozing? Anyway I love her flapper 'do in this recent pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2018 10:19 PM

Cindy was never a good runway model nor a good couture model. She was only good for print work.

Christy, Naomi, Linda could do couture, runways & print work.

It's phenomenal that Naomi is still doing runways. That is such a rarity but she's still got it.

Christy could still do the runways because she still looks amazing but she's retired except for the occasional print or ad work.

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2018 10:20 PM

Damn, I wish I would have kept/stored all those early-mid 90's Vogue magazines I assembled back in the day! My bookshelves were overflowing with Vogue/Harpers magazines at the time.

Prior to the 90's Supers, there was Avedon's infamous portrait of Natasha Kinkski wrapped by a Boa. Wish I'd kept that 1981 copy as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 2, 2018 10:20 PM

Cindy Crawford + Christie Brinkley - 10 years = Niki Taylor

by Anonymousreply 96September 2, 2018 10:21 PM

Just because Naomi walks like an entitled bitch doesn't mean she's good.

by Anonymousreply 97September 2, 2018 10:24 PM

Cindy Crawford didn't have to kill herself flying around pursuing runway jobs, she was making the big money doing national campaigns. Also she was a little curvier than the designers wanted their girls to be on the runway, she was a true size 8 in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 98September 2, 2018 10:26 PM

Christy Turlington is on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 2, 2018 10:26 PM

Another recent Nadja pic with her two children, posing in Burberry. I'm not seeing the deep, deep wrinkles that were mentioned upthread. She looks wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 2, 2018 10:30 PM

Linda is my hero!

So beautiful, both -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 2, 2018 10:31 PM

Nadja's daughter isn't model material. Nor is this elfin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 2, 2018 10:33 PM

As 'The Elfin' matures, her body will become proportionate with her maturity. Can't same the same about her face.

She got RG's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 103September 2, 2018 10:37 PM

R103, her mother needs to step in with her weight. She's insanely thin. Imagine what she looks like in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 2, 2018 10:40 PM

R104 Her legs are terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 105September 2, 2018 10:43 PM

The Elfin is only 16 yo. Her body is too immature and too thin to be hosting such mature 'enhancements.'

by Anonymousreply 106September 2, 2018 10:44 PM

I never got Carla Bruni? She seems rather wan and plain. Claudia definitely could not walk at the link above ..wow she wasn't even trying. Print model.

by Anonymousreply 107September 2, 2018 10:45 PM

R86

Thank you for that! It amazes me that those models can do 10-12 costume changes in a 16 min show & still walk the runway without being disheveled or out of breath.

Those Versace clothes could hit the streets now with very little alterations.

Christy T was just sheer perfection & my vote for most beautiful Yasmeen Ghuari was in that clip. She was my idea of physical beauty.

I remember being a young gayling watching the Fashion Channel non stop.

She walked away from modeling after only a couple years & married some bug wig guy in finances. Still married to him with kids.

by Anonymousreply 108September 2, 2018 10:54 PM

She wasn't my favorite either. I know what she was selling; I just wasn't buying. I think she was selling that classic, exotic beauty with fabulous bone structure, but even though I couldn't put my finger on it, she was "eh" to me.

by Anonymousreply 109September 2, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote]bug wig

Ewww. What kind of bugs?

by Anonymousreply 110September 2, 2018 11:02 PM

Carla Bruni was decadent. And according to one of the models in "Unzipped" she and Naomi Campbell had the best bodies in the business.

by Anonymousreply 111September 2, 2018 11:02 PM

Shalom Harlow was my ABSOLUTE favorite. Just massively, stunningly beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 2, 2018 11:03 PM

The perfect face. Timeless beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 2, 2018 11:06 PM

Shalom Harlow. Her name means "Peace," she's Canadian, she devotes her time to charity work. And she was discovered by a model scout at a goddamn Cure concert. Definitely the coolest of her generation of models.

by Anonymousreply 114September 2, 2018 11:19 PM

Don’t get Shalom. She’s pretty but unremarkable to me. Same with Stella Tennant, who is a little cyclopean with her too close together eyes but at least has a (mildly) interesting androgyny. I was just looking at pictures of Stella. She looks like a cleaned up Tig Notaro now. I think Stella and Shalom got big around the same time.

Kate Moss and the waif aesthetic killed the supermodels, correct? I remember Linda going waif for awhile at the time, and she was gorgeous. She really was the best model of all time IMO, she could do anything.

The September issues are out. I bought Harper’s and Vogue and have only looked at Vogue so far. Maybe I’ve changed, maybe it’s changed, probably both, but it just didn’t intrigue. I suppose these things go in cycles now, but we seem to be directionless at present. Lots of murky, confused campaigns, not even offensive or ugly so much as boring. Maybe Harper’s will be better, it usually is. But Bruce Springstein is on the cover, WTF?! It looks like an issue of Guitar Monthly so I’m not hopeful.

Devon Aoki is gorgeous. She’s in a few campaigns now.

by Anonymousreply 115September 3, 2018 12:09 AM

You should get the September issue of Vogue Italia if you can r115, Elfin Gerber's girlfriend is on the cover. The girlfriend also has an editorial in your September American Vogue - "She's Electric". Vittoria Ceretti she's called, Italian, one of the best new models with the most campaigns this season. She opened the Versace SS18 show, as seen in the video at r80. And I'm not kidding about her being Kaia's girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 116September 3, 2018 12:33 AM

I remember Yasmeen Ghuari. It must have been at least 20 years ago, saw her in my blockbuster store and she was sooo thin! She was always in Victoria Secret catalogs

by Anonymousreply 117September 3, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote] It's phenomenal that Naomi is still doing runways. That is such a rarity but she's still got it.

I keep in shape by regularly flinging phones at assistants!

by Anonymousreply 118September 3, 2018 12:50 AM

R116

Cindy's daughter is a lesbian & has a girlfriend who's also a model?

Isn't Cindy's kid only 14-15 y/o? That's how olde she looks in her pics.

by Anonymousreply 119September 3, 2018 12:55 AM

R119, Cindy's daughter is 17 tomorrow. Yes, the girlfriend is also a model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 3, 2018 12:59 AM

Linda had an extremely versatile face made for photos and print.

The camera loved her.

by Anonymousreply 121September 3, 2018 12:59 AM

Yes r121, the camera loved her and she was radiant. If she lost a few pounds she would still be beautiful. Naomi, Cindy, Christy and Claudia never stopped modelling, that's why they can still do it. Linda just quit.

by Anonymousreply 122September 3, 2018 1:03 AM

Linda doesn’t need to still model. She has mega-$$$.

by Anonymousreply 123September 3, 2018 1:05 AM

Kaia's ig post for the girlfriend's birthday in June. If you look closely you can see that Kaia is wearing Vittoria's name on her necklace and Vittoria is wearing Kaia's name.

Also, the caption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 3, 2018 1:08 AM

I still have my vogues from the late 80’s and 90’s. A friend offered me 500 bucks for Claudia’s first UK Vogue! He reckons he can sell it on eBay for even more. Remember when Claudia was linked to Prince Albert? They came close to marrying but she freaked and ran for some reason. Instead, she hooked up with David Copperfield. Jesus, Albert must have been bad if she settled for that creepy magician instead.

by Anonymousreply 125September 3, 2018 1:08 AM

Linda Evangelista could rock a bob. I always loved this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 3, 2018 1:12 AM

Niki Taylor was one of the few named checked in RuPaul's "Supermodel"

by Anonymousreply 127September 3, 2018 1:14 AM

Linda tried for a comeback in the 2000s. She made the cover of September Vogue while pregnant in 2001.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 3, 2018 1:14 AM

R125 Angie Everhart dated Prince Albert too. And Prince Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 129September 3, 2018 1:15 AM

Linda doesn't need to model for money r123, but doesn't she miss it and the whole fashion scene? To get to the level she did must mean she loved it and had a great passion for it. Did all that die suddenly? She doesn't need to still model but she doesn't even go to shows, fashion events, etc. It's like she's cut herself off.

by Anonymousreply 130September 3, 2018 1:19 AM

R130... she realized it was all bullshit, and she realized she was hungry... for food.

She can always google pictures of herself.

by Anonymousreply 131September 3, 2018 1:23 AM

R88, Niki Taylor was absolutely a supermodel. She did high fashion, beauty and commercial (swimsuit). And I was going to note the Rupaul supermodel reference but someone did. She was VERY in demand but she wasn't into the whole partying scene as she had said in interviews. She's a small town girl. And whoever listed Beverly Peele...yuck. She's a hood rat. Got arrested post modeling career for stealing someone's credit card number and being dumb enough to have to purchases delivered to her home!

by Anonymousreply 132September 3, 2018 1:29 AM

WORST timing for a comeback R128, amiright?

Linda actually modeled relatively recently. I think this was within the last few years, I can’t find a date on the cover. This spread was the first time I saw her do nudity; she used to be strict about not doing that. I don’t think she’s hurting for money so something else must’ve changed her mind. She wore a clear vinyl top with pointy boobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 3, 2018 1:30 AM

Actually I don’t think she’s nude, I think it’s a painted top. There’s another of her fully “nude” that is obviously a body stocking. This was W’s ART issue so the clothes don’t beed to be attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 3, 2018 1:33 AM

R125, Claudia never actually dated David Copperfield, it was all fake just for showbiz, he paid her. nothing actually happened between the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 135September 3, 2018 1:36 AM

This was the cover that made me obsessed with Linda. I saw it by chance as a freshman in college and went from utterly fashion ignorant to a devoted to reading everything I could about it for awhile. It was a converaion experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 3, 2018 1:40 AM

I miss fashion magazine covers with models, instead of flavor-of-the-month actresses.

by Anonymousreply 137September 3, 2018 1:42 AM

She looks good, r133. She was also in an editorial on supermodels old and new in last year's Vogue September issue, but that was just a small photo with a little profile.

by Anonymousreply 138September 3, 2018 1:45 AM

Compare the photo in R136's post to what passes for a "supermodel" today - the likes of Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, or what have you... Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 139September 3, 2018 1:46 AM

What do we think of Yasmin Le Bon? I didn't used to favor her back in the day, but as I got older I've begun to realize that she really was quite beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 3, 2018 1:58 AM

Turlington has no personality and a wonky eye.

by Anonymousreply 141September 3, 2018 1:59 AM

Linda was my fave model of the Supermodel era. She never got the endorsement deals that Christy or Cindy got. Maybe the inconsistent hair fucked her shot, or her cunty attitude. She can't play the sweetheart which seems mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 142September 3, 2018 2:11 AM

That was it, r142. Linda wasn't a relatable "Sweetheart" type. Christy and Cindy were like girls you could've gone to school with. Linda's image was too "elite" for lack of a better word.

by Anonymousreply 143September 3, 2018 2:24 AM

R94, Cindy did plenty of runway shows and the designers kept booking her.

by Anonymousreply 144September 3, 2018 2:24 AM

R75, she was praised for her gums!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 3, 2018 2:26 AM

I don't think she ever was good looking in a classical sense. She just was very photogenic, confident in front of the camera and could pose very well and in a very versatile way. She also had a great body. I am surprised she let herself go like this.

by Anonymousreply 146September 3, 2018 2:33 AM

Linda and Kyle MacLachlan were an incredible-looking couple. He was such a priceless catch, inside and out. Wonder what broke them up? I don't have hard proof, but I just feel like she was never the same after losing Kyle. Her life took a series of unhappy turns and she lost her mojo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 3, 2018 2:36 AM

R1 Christ George looks hot in that. Apparently she made pass at him on the set of Too Funky (circa 1992).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 3, 2018 2:43 AM

"In turn, after six years, he and Evangelista split up. "We just drifted away from each other," he says. "I didn't really want to get married as I couldn't see the point and the relationship wasn't really going anywhere."

"A year after splitting up with Evangelista he met his future wife, Desiree." --OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 149September 3, 2018 2:46 AM

Yoo hoow, r86! Ay eem in zher toow...sumvher...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 3, 2018 2:47 AM

Linda’s pretty gums

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 3, 2018 2:50 AM

The bobs are meh, always preferred her as a blonde

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 3, 2018 2:54 AM

Two supes lookin’ fab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 3, 2018 2:59 AM

If Linda were a young model today, she'd have to get major dental work/veneers to fix that gummy smile. Everybody has to have the exact same teeth these days.

by Anonymousreply 154September 3, 2018 3:00 AM

Really r154? Coulda fooled me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 3, 2018 3:04 AM

R83, see R63.

Yasmeen Ghauri (who modeled for significantly longer than “only a couple years”), Nadege du Bospertus, and Eve Salvail were among my favorites of the time because nobody else had their rather striking individual “look”. While I was less familiar with Yasmin Le Bon, I agree that she was a beauty, and the linked ELLE cover is my favorite of hers.

The model I didn’t get at the time was Karen Mulder, who I thought was unattractive. Whenever I saw her, I thought, “Huh? Really?”. It was years later when I began to appreciate her in retrospect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 3, 2018 3:28 AM

Who are these two R153?

by Anonymousreply 157September 3, 2018 3:51 AM

Kristin McNemamy was the one I could not connect with at all. Now I can see that her bone structure is exquisite, and her androgyny was fresh. Models like her added dimension, character, and artistic merit to the mags' fashion spreads. All of which is sorely lacking in today's models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 3, 2018 3:52 AM

Linda is undoubtedly the greatest print/editorial model of all time. She tells a story in every photo, there is a whole movie playing. So versatile, so gorgeous, so deliriously elegant and perversely pretty.

by Anonymousreply 159September 3, 2018 3:55 AM

I loved that Barneys campaign R147. That is something Linda had that many other models at the time (or this time) do not. She could do that mannequin-like ‘50s Dovima/ Suzy Parker/ Dior ideal look, highly polished and elegant.

One current model who really makes me laugh is that one with the caterpillar eyebrows. I saw her in a Chanel show (on Youtube). She is hilarious! And she’s great on the rumway, brings great drama and attitude. Glad she’s around.

by Anonymousreply 160September 3, 2018 3:57 AM

Meisel and Evangelista were fantastic together. My favorite photos of Linda ever were from a spread she did with Meisel for Harper’s. She was wearing a lot of leather and some of it was shotnin what looked like a hangar. She never looked more androgynous and gorgeous. I can’t any pics online sadly.

by Anonymousreply 161September 3, 2018 4:01 AM

Picture, r160? There’s several with those brows.

Nadja and Claudia r157

by Anonymousreply 162September 3, 2018 4:01 AM

I loved Kristen Mcmenamy. So unique looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 3, 2018 4:02 AM

Claudia Schiffer is pretty in the same way that Bridget Bardot is, but she never says anything interesting, she's not versatile and is BOR-ING!

by Anonymousreply 164September 3, 2018 4:03 AM

She seems kind of off-kilter in middle age, R163

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 3, 2018 4:03 AM

She looked exotic and like a cat. I think she was unique.

Christie Turlington hasn't had any work done or even botox. She still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 166September 3, 2018 4:04 AM

Iris Palmer, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 3, 2018 4:08 AM

Shana Zadrick was a blend of Linda and Cindy Crawford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 3, 2018 4:13 AM

I think R160 means Cara Delevingne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 3, 2018 4:23 AM

Yep that’s her. To be fair, cholas were doing that way before Cara but she does it well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 3, 2018 4:31 AM

Linda always looked manly to me, like a drag queen

by Anonymousreply 171September 3, 2018 4:34 AM

R170 Sorry but Cara D's eyebrows are extremely unattractive. There is no way to reason with or rationalize them. They are crazy-looking.

by Anonymousreply 172September 3, 2018 4:35 AM

Loved Sandra Zatezalo! Never quite hit supermodel status but managed to snag lots of magazine covers and editorial work. I think they featured her in 3 separate Revlon " most unforgettable...." campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 173September 3, 2018 4:45 AM

Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Paulina Porizkova

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 3, 2018 5:00 AM

I was never a big Tatjana Patitz fan. Thought she was plain. But again, looking at these models now in hindsight, she's clearly very pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 3, 2018 5:10 AM

R175, nothing plain about Tatjana. She may not be everyone's cup of tea but she's anything but plain. The most unique looking of all the supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 176September 3, 2018 5:36 AM

[quote]Of course it is. She's no longer a public figure and so can dress and wear makeup (or not) just to please herself. She owes you nothing.

Are you insane? No one here said Linda E owes anyone anything.

Most women, who are not models and who don't even work in fashion or creative fields, wouldn't face the world with disgusting dirty looking flat hair and without even a smidgen of lipstick. At least not in NYC.

No one is asking that she wear a full face of makeup, but a bit of lipstick and maybe blush, something so she wouldn't look so sickly and dowdy. Not to mention her clothing, she looks like she should be working on a loading dock!

Not one woman I know, and that includes the lesbians, goes out looking like they partied hard the night before. Even my less femme lesbian friends would not be caught going outside wearing clothes which look like Goodwill wouldn't even accept them.

There is no reason for a woman who was a model, of all things, to look so awful.

by Anonymousreply 177September 3, 2018 6:08 AM

R177, I don't think she looks that bad. And excuse me the majority of lesbians don't dress half as nice as what Linda is wearing. At least she carrying a purse and sporting a wallet in her back pocket. Sure the hair looks a bit scruffy but maybe she just left a yoga class.

by Anonymousreply 178September 3, 2018 6:26 AM

Most 90s supermodels have flooded their faces with botox, filler, lip injections and have put on weight.

Christy Turlington does yoga for 20 years and looks better than all of them.

by Anonymousreply 179September 3, 2018 6:32 AM

Renee Simonsen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 3, 2018 6:50 AM

r59 About 7 years ago I ran into NT at a Publix in Nolensville Tennessee. She was still pretty but frauey. She had/has a clothing boutique at the time in Williamson county which is southern frau/cow central.

by Anonymousreply 181September 3, 2018 7:27 AM

In the video linked at r86, the couture from 91/92 is so much better than what Versace has put out for the last ten years, maybe even since Gianni died.

by Anonymousreply 182September 3, 2018 7:51 AM

"It amazes me that those models can do 10-12 costume changes in a 16 min show & still walk the runway without being disheveled or out of breath."

R108, I think the shows back then were at least half an hour. The video has been edited. Today a 16 min show would be on the long side.

I was too young to really remember these models but looking at the videos now I'm struck by her odd their walks were - despite the usual cliches about how runway models today are terrible and it was so much better back in the 90s. Models today are instructed to have serious expressions and not make the show about them but to leave the focus for the clothes, apparently in reaction to how the supers ended up being more famous than the designers and the clothes.

by Anonymousreply 183September 3, 2018 8:37 AM

I disagree r182. Gianni's clothes were great and many of the pieces he designed can still hold up today - but he was a brilliant designer and we shouldn't expect anything less. But, as r90 said, some of the dresses just would not fly today, even though they were probably radical for the early 90s, and some of the designs, patterns and colours are rather cheesy for today.

The Versace SS18 show was an update of many of the designs from the FW91 show and I like what Donatella did, refreshing the colours, finessing the tailoring, modernising some of the styles. Donatella Versace is a great designer and an amazing woman. This interview with her is a must-read for all DLers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 3, 2018 8:48 AM

Dwight Yoakum dated Joan Severance.

by Anonymousreply 185September 3, 2018 8:51 AM

Of THE supermodels, I thought she was not only the prettiest, but she was the best at presenting clothes on the runway. Naomi is known for having the best walk, but it was so over-the-top it would detract attention from the clothes. But Linda—her walk was so graceful and she knew how to drop a jacket and spin around better than anyone. In a lot of ways she was the best overall model.

Unfortunately, she didn’t have Cindy’s work ethic, unfailing politeness or sobriety. She was dependent on a handful of designers and editors who could overlook her nasty personality. I could’ve seen her having Cindy’s career if she’d been more of a team player. Now she’s overweight and refuses to be photographed while all of her cohorts are gorgeous, trim society women.

by Anonymousreply 186September 3, 2018 10:01 AM

What did Anna Wintour make of Linda and the other 90s supers?

by Anonymousreply 187September 3, 2018 10:13 AM

My fab back in the day was Yasmeen Ghauri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 3, 2018 11:09 AM

R174 photo is kind of interesting as Paulina is easily the most beautiful. You are immediately drawn to her. Cindy who?

by Anonymousreply 189September 3, 2018 1:22 PM

Re: Anna and the Supers

Anna went out of her way to remake Vogue in her vision, which started with overhauling the cover. She veered away from tight shots of models’ faces and stopped using a lot of the girls favored by her predecessor. She really had a hand in curating the roster of girls who became supermodels...her favorites were Cindy Crawford, Tatijana Patiz, Claudia Schiffer, Nikki Taylor and Amber Valletta, but she supported Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington and Naomi Campbell. The one she had little time for was Stephanie Seymour.

by Anonymousreply 190September 3, 2018 1:38 PM

I thought that Wintour’s great contribution was putting celebrities instead of models on the cover. What a bore she is.

by Anonymousreply 191September 3, 2018 1:45 PM

What made Linda unique is that she was a chameleon-the other supers pretty much looked like themselves.

I lived for the two Yasmeen/Yasmin because they were the "exotic"models. Yasmeen had the craziest waist:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 3, 2018 1:46 PM

Anna did start to favor celebrities, but she did have models she liked to promote. That’s why Cindy, Amber, Nikki, Claudia and Kate Moss managed to break Vogue cover records under Anna’s reign.

by Anonymousreply 193September 3, 2018 1:52 PM

R192

Waist? Look at her amazing legs!

by Anonymousreply 194September 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Cannot stand Cara what’s-her-name…terrible actress, and not even close to Brooke Shields’ beauty.

by Anonymousreply 195September 3, 2018 2:04 PM

And, this is the highest paid model of today? Kendall had to buy her way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 3, 2018 2:08 PM

R190 I believe it. As big as she was, Seymour only had a single Vogue cover.

by Anonymousreply 197September 3, 2018 2:09 PM

Jean Shrimpton was the best.

by Anonymousreply 198September 3, 2018 2:12 PM

R88 is full of shit. Niki Taylor is among the top 10 models with the most number of American Vogue covers (even though her career spanned a relatively short amount of time due to her age and a horrible car accident). She also had a lucrative cosmetic contract (Cover Girl) and walked all the biggest shows.

by Anonymousreply 199September 3, 2018 2:15 PM

R193, that was true for the 90s but Anna is still reigning at Vogue and that's why we almost never see models on the cover and the few we do see are usually nepo/reality/insta models. It's been a long time since there were real models on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 200September 3, 2018 3:44 PM

‘Cindy "The Face" Turlington’? No.

Yasmeen Ghauri was sublimely gorgeous, always my fave.

Helena Christensen is/was gorgeous, but those gigantic nipples kill it for me. Should have never done topless work.

by Anonymousreply 201September 3, 2018 3:47 PM

R196, she's the model with the highest income but that doesn't mean she's the highest paid model because the income includes what she gets paid from her reality shows, investments, etc.

by Anonymousreply 202September 3, 2018 3:47 PM

Niki Taylor hit the ground running.

In a short period of time, she had a major Cover Girl contract, did runway for John Galliano, McQueen, Lagerfeld, appeared in Unzipped and magazine covers around the world, and made it onto the 100th anniversary Vogue cover with top models who had been around for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 3, 2018 4:11 PM

Anna Wintour proved herself to be a FDA grade cunt in The September Issue when she demanded more fur to be put in every issue, eliminating editorial spreads which didn't have any.

by Anonymousreply 204September 3, 2018 4:21 PM

Linda was always my favorite, but she no had no sex appeal whatsoever. Naomi, Cindy, Niki, Claudia, Yasmin, even Christy left her in the dust in that category.

Linda always looked cold, aloof, untouchable to me. That's why she never got any big contracts.

by Anonymousreply 205September 3, 2018 4:25 PM

R203

I'm just never drawn to blondes.

My eyes go immediately to Yasmeen, Christy T., Naomi, & Linda.in that pic.

Those 4 are my faves

by Anonymousreply 206September 3, 2018 4:27 PM

No photoshop or filter needed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207September 3, 2018 4:45 PM

She’s heading into Lara Flynn Boyle territory these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 3, 2018 4:47 PM

nobody mentioned Tyra Banks? Naomi Campbell hated her and tried to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 209September 3, 2018 4:53 PM

Yasmeen is not tall, she is short...for a model but she does have a tiny waist

by Anonymousreply 210September 3, 2018 4:54 PM

r210- not tall? She's reportedly 5' 10",

by Anonymousreply 211September 3, 2018 5:03 PM

These bitches are starting to annoy me. I think they’re done now.

by Anonymousreply 212September 3, 2018 5:44 PM

R209, I always thought Tyra was more commercial than high fashion but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts on the 2000s Slav invasion of the modelling world?

by Anonymousreply 213September 3, 2018 5:51 PM

It's hard to believe there was a time when Tyra Banks was legit. She's so dorky. But I know she used to be a legit high fashion model, because I lived it. Still, now it's like thinking about Oprah having been a runway model.

by Anonymousreply 214September 3, 2018 6:27 PM

Everyone in R174's picture, except Paulina, and especially Turlington, looks ridiculous. What was the photographer thinking?

by Anonymousreply 215September 3, 2018 6:48 PM

How did Cindy and Paulina manage to turn their heads that way? It’s physically impossible when I try to replicate it...

As for Tyra, she was indeed a high fashion model who was popular in Paris but not so much New York or Milan. I was watching one of Todd Oldham’s shows on YouTube recently and Tyra was walking with Linda, Naomi, Stephanie, Helena, Cindy, Tatijana, Kate, Amber, Shalom and the rest of the top models at the time. I think she’s viewed as commercial because in high fashion she was overshadowed by Naomi, Veronica Webb and Beverly Peele. However, she had personality and a body which worked in her favor when public interest pivoted to the Victoria’s Secret “angels” and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models.

by Anonymousreply 216September 3, 2018 7:05 PM

Veronica Webb, another mystery. She was one of the smartest of the models but her face was plain IMO, and not the kind of “blank canvas” plain the you can make gorgeous with makeup. It just stayed plain to pretty. It must’ve been the body?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 3, 2018 7:30 PM

Naomi prevented Tyra to be hired. She would threaten to quit do the show if they hired Tyra. well known fact. She wanted to be the only black girl or best looking black girl, nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 218September 3, 2018 7:34 PM

Out of supermodels who ruled the '90s, Cindy had the most beautiful face. Claudia Schiffer had the best bod. Naomi was/is/and always has been the queen of catwalk. Kate Moss is so OVERRATED.

by Anonymousreply 219September 3, 2018 7:43 PM

[quote]Everyone in [R174]'s picture, except Paulina, and especially Turlington, looks ridiculous. What was the photographer thinking?

They look like the photographer just told them they're gonna have to eat carbs for lunch

by Anonymousreply 220September 3, 2018 7:47 PM

R218. Naomi also pulled that shit on Beverly Peele.

by Anonymousreply 221September 3, 2018 8:07 PM

Naomi was just a bitch. With some prodding, Cindy revealed in an interview that Naomi would arrive at shows and demand to switch outfits with other girls if she liked their clothes better. Cindy didn’t fight back when it happened to her, but she used it as an example while explaining why she hated doing runway compared to shoots.

by Anonymousreply 222September 3, 2018 8:16 PM

^ Linda did the same thing, per the guy I knew (my ex's friend) who worked the shows. And when she did not get her way, she would whine.

by Anonymousreply 223September 3, 2018 8:27 PM

R222/r223, if that's true of Naomi and Linda's behaviour then that's why the fashion industry eventually tried to rein the models in and try to prevent those diva situations from happening.

by Anonymousreply 224September 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Even though she's a far cry from the supermodels of yesteryear, I find Cara Delevingne far more interesting than the generic looks of the girls like Hadid or Jenner. The latter two look like they were plucked out of suburban LA malls, with nothing unique or interesting about them. I see Cara more in the line of non-standard, "something's a bit off" yet intriguing looking UK models like, say, Erin O'Connor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 3, 2018 8:39 PM

Yasmeen is Muslim who was discovered as a teen, while working at McDonald's. She's now married to a Jewish billionaire.

I always thought she was the most beautiful of all the super models.

by Anonymousreply 226September 3, 2018 8:55 PM

Agree r219, Kate Moss is totally overrated. Uggh.

by Anonymousreply 227September 3, 2018 9:07 PM

Never understood Evangelista’s appeal or look. I thought she, Christy Turlinggton and Naomi Cokehead were all fug.

I thought Cindy, Helena Christensen and Jasmine G. We’re the most beautiful.

Kate Moss was so blah I find her career baffling.

by Anonymousreply 228September 3, 2018 9:31 PM

Stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 3, 2018 9:32 PM

Winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 3, 2018 9:46 PM

In the book Model: The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women by fashion writer Michael Gross, Linda comes off really badly. Gross interviewed model Christine Bolster, who was Gerald Marie's longtime girlfriend before Linda. She called Linda a "dog" and said that she slept her way up, first with photographer Andre Rau, then Gerald Marie.

Christine Bolster has been married to right wing character actor Robert Davi for over 20 years and has 4 children with him, but they are currently separated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 3, 2018 9:50 PM

In 1990, People published "A Night with the Cover Girls," which chronicled a night with Linda, Naomi, Christy and Steven Meisel. It's gloriously catty, and in Model: The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women, Christy said she never wanted to do it and regretted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 3, 2018 9:55 PM

The best as far as I'm concerned. Even Naomi & Cindy said Christy was the most beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233September 3, 2018 10:01 PM

I always wondered about Christy's relationship with Roger Wilson. He was her first boyfriend. She supposedly started dating him at 18, and he was in his 30s and divorced.

by Anonymousreply 234September 3, 2018 10:02 PM

[quote]Gross interviewed model Christine Bolster, who was Gerald Marie's longtime girlfriend before Linda. She called Linda a "dog" and said that she slept her way up,

Bullshit.

Linda had a face made for print.

Age 17:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 3, 2018 10:03 PM

No one served neck like Linda. Here is an example, but I couldn’t find the example I really wanted. It’s a gorgeous black and white profile. My roommate couldn’t look at is because it freaked him out so much. Her neck looked a foot long.

BTW if you’ve noticed that Linda usually models with her mouth slightly open, it’s because a photograper (Meisel I think) told her that she had a weak chin. And it’s true. Close-mouthed, she’s beautiful. Mouth slightly open, she is perfection down to the millimeter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 3, 2018 10:10 PM

Her face was stunning. You barely noticed her body.

by Anonymousreply 237September 3, 2018 10:14 PM

R235 I think Linda's gorgeous, but that's what she said. She made bitchy comments about Linda's nose too.

Christine Bolster claims that Marie blackballed her from the industry after she left him for cheating on her with Linda. She downplays the fact that Marie was married (to Lisa Rutledge) when she started sleeping with him.

Rutledge is mentioned in Bitten Knudsen's interview in the book. She recalls how they saw Jack Nicholson who invited them to a "party." Said "party" was Roman Polanski and a room full of "thirteen year old blondes." She smoked pot that was laced with something and passed out.

by Anonymousreply 238September 3, 2018 10:18 PM

I remember reading an article back in the 90's where linda said she still ate ben&jerrys and cheese burgers. People would tell her to stop, that it would eventually make her fat even if her metabolism was high now. At the time I thought she was bullshitting but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 239September 3, 2018 10:19 PM

Never understood the love for bland Turlington. And she married bland Burns.

by Anonymousreply 240September 3, 2018 10:22 PM

This was Linda doing waif. It’s Vogue UK 1993, the year Kate Moss got the Obsession campaign, heroin chic ascended, and glamor died. I think she looks gorgeous. My friend said she looked like a broken doll, a good description.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 3, 2018 10:24 PM

R218, Naomi denied that on Tyra's tv show (remember it existed). She said something along the lines of "you are mistaken"...several times.

by Anonymousreply 242September 3, 2018 10:28 PM

[quote]linda said she still ate ben&jerrys and cheese burgers. People would tell her to stop, that it would eventually make her fat even if her metabolism was high now.

I believe this. She seems like someone who lived in the moment.

And now that she’s gained some weight, in her 50s... she doesn’t give a fuck and refuses to diet.

by Anonymousreply 243September 3, 2018 10:29 PM

R241, she was a real chameleon and could pull off any look.

by Anonymousreply 244September 3, 2018 10:31 PM

I don't even pay much attention to fashion mags but Linda always made me stop and look. She is THE FACE and she could pose like an Avedon model of the fifties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 3, 2018 10:31 PM

Actually her weight yo-yos. Years ago someone caught her while quite heavy and wearing, like, a... um, I’m not sure how to describe it...like a large, shapeless empire waist denim smock and a straw hat with a sunflower on it, like Mayim Bialek (I’m not looking up how to spell her name) wore on Blossom. I think I’m remembering it correctly. Anyway, it was Linda doing Quacker Factory, and I thought, well, she had a nice run, and now she can eat all the KFC she wants. Then she came back in fighting form for a few campaigns and looked beautiful. Don’t count her out.

by Anonymousreply 246September 3, 2018 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 3, 2018 10:47 PM

R226, she was discovered coming out of a hair salon. Always thought the bottom half of her face was too heavy. Her jawline is slightly masculine.

by Anonymousreply 248September 3, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote]Linda always made me stop and look. She is THE FACE and she could pose like an Avedon model of the fifties.

^THIS.

If Elle McPherson was known in the modeling world as “The Body”... then Linda is truly “The Face”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 3, 2018 10:51 PM

All women have to adjust their intake once they go thru menopause. It messes up their metabolism.

If they don't adjust they're unwilling to lower their caloric intact then they need to increase their exercise up to maintain their weight.

This obviously hasn't been an issue with Christy because she's out there running marathons & practicing yoga

by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2018 10:52 PM

R249

No.......

In the industry Elle was known as the Body. Christy was known as The Face and Linda was known as The Chameleon.

by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2018 10:55 PM

This is what you call “pretty face”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252September 3, 2018 10:57 PM

[quote]This is what you call “pretty face”

R252, WRONG!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 3, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote]Christy was known as The Face

Christy is bland, dull, plain, and boring. I’d rather look at paint drying.

Linda, on the other hand...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 3, 2018 11:08 PM

I have to admit that Linda face is mediocre at best. Sorry Christy and Cindy are much prettier

by Anonymousreply 255September 3, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote]I have to admit that Linda face is mediocre at best. Sorry Christy and Cindy are much prettier

LOL!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 3, 2018 11:13 PM

[quote]This is what you call “pretty face”

No, R252, that what you call “closeted dyke face”!

by Anonymousreply 257September 3, 2018 11:21 PM

Truth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 3, 2018 11:29 PM

Captivating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259September 3, 2018 11:31 PM

Recap on Christy Turlington’s early career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 3, 2018 11:32 PM

Iconic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 3, 2018 11:32 PM

My face can sell anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 3, 2018 11:36 PM

Naomi, Christy, and Gisele in the Versace Spring/Summer 2018 campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 3, 2018 11:37 PM

This fool calling Christy or any of the Super Models much less any of The Trinity bland or boring ....you need your head examined.

by Anonymousreply 264September 3, 2018 11:39 PM

R263... all fugs. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 265September 3, 2018 11:39 PM

If I were Linda.., I’d sit at home eating KFC and Bon-Bons... while Googling pictures of myself.

by Anonymousreply 266September 3, 2018 11:40 PM

Christy Turlington in InStyle magazine September 2018 issue editorial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267September 3, 2018 11:41 PM

I like her look. But Christy Turlington (Burns) is my fave.

by Anonymousreply 268September 3, 2018 11:41 PM

What was the model's name who married one of the big male models?

IIRC she was from a Slavic country & was in Donna Karen's campaigns among others.

She was beautiful but only had a short career.

by Anonymousreply 269September 3, 2018 11:43 PM

I thought Christy “Horseface” Turlington almost died in childbirth or something?!

Too bad the doctors didn’t take her “facial situation” into consideration and let her die peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 270September 3, 2018 11:44 PM

Esther Cañadas...she was married to Mark Vanderloo

by Anonymousreply 271September 3, 2018 11:44 PM

Turlington did a massive editorial a few years ago for W Magazine.that was scorching. It was very BDSM.

She was in her 40s and looked killer.

by Anonymousreply 272September 3, 2018 11:46 PM

Linda didn't just have the face, she had an aura that could draw you in. That's what makes a great model, not just conventional beauty.

by Anonymousreply 273September 3, 2018 11:46 PM

R271

Thank you! The name escaped me.

I never understood why her career ended so fast. She was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 274September 3, 2018 11:47 PM

R160 the eyebrows you are thinking of belong to Cara Delevingne... and you’re right, she may not be a perfect beauty, but has a lot more personality that shines through on the runway or in print than most of her bland peers like Hadid and Jenner.

She’s the first girl out in this Chanel show and has an “it” factor lacking in most of the other models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 3, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]Linda didn't just have the face, she had an aura that could draw you in. That's what makes a great model, not just conventional beauty.

Amen, R273!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 3, 2018 11:51 PM

How true R266. That's exactly what she should do. Linda conquered that world - and there are tens of thousands of images to prove it. NOW - drink and eat and enjoy life's other pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 277September 3, 2018 11:56 PM

A comment about eating - Jane Birkin was one of the slimmest, most boyish models ever. In a relatively recent interview, she said she still watches what she eats, because even with her build, if she doesn't, she gets a big stomach. When I read that, I suddenly felt better about having to keep an iron grip on my food consumption to avoid gaining weight. Apparently it happens to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 278September 3, 2018 11:58 PM

R275, Cara Delevingne is an annoying nepo model and isn't really a model anymore.

That was a great show though, and the campaign for it was gorgeous too - featuring Kaia Gerber's girlfriend and her then girlfriend or, more accurately, her girlfriend when they signed the contract but had just split up by the time it came to shoot the campaign. Still beautiful though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 4, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]I suddenly felt better about having to keep an iron grip on my food consumption to avoid gaining weight. Apparently it happens to everyone.

Those of us who have self-confidence and a sense of self-identity beyond our waste size... don’t generally care about such things.

by Anonymousreply 280September 4, 2018 12:04 AM

Wish this video was available it’s entirety... great comments from Iman about walking the runway “it’s about having a presence, so I don’t know what it means to teach someone how”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281September 4, 2018 12:06 AM

R277, text me!

by Anonymousreply 282September 4, 2018 12:12 AM

R269 and R271 They got divorced and Vanderloo aged horribly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 4, 2018 12:29 AM

>>>>those of us who have self-confidence and a sense of self-identity beyond our waste size... don’t generally care that we are obese blobs.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 284September 4, 2018 12:35 AM

Pretty Hurts. High Fashion Linda E. Italian Vogue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 4, 2018 12:35 AM

Does anyone remember Bridget Hall? She became famous while still in high school as a sexy mainstream Cindy Crawford-type model. Her career floundered (I remember reading that the Maybelline was annoyed that they signed her to a big contract early on when her career didn't take off). Then she got a comeback in 2000 as a high fashion model, but it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 286September 4, 2018 12:37 AM

I also want to know what happened with her and Gerald Marie.

by Anonymousreply 287September 4, 2018 12:39 AM

Really liked Bridget Hall in Ralph Lauren campaigns. Also loved Kristin Holby, another RL model.

by Anonymousreply 288September 4, 2018 12:40 AM

I know how to have a good time. Pay Attention, you queers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289September 4, 2018 12:42 AM

@R263 - Get rid of the poseur on the right; she doesn't deserve to be there.

by Anonymousreply 290September 4, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]Does anyone remember Bridget Hall?

[quote]I also want to know what happened with her and Gerald Marie.

[quote]Also loved Kristin Holby, another RL model.

This is a Linda thread! Let’s stay on track!

Nobody care about any of these other nobodys and wannabes!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 4, 2018 12:50 AM

Ruling the World!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 4, 2018 12:55 AM

I don't know what happened between Linda and Gérald Marie r287, but there are plenty of insiuations about what a sleazebag Marie was in the Netflix documentary on John Casablancas, founder of the Elite model agency, called The Man Who Loved Women.

by Anonymousreply 293September 4, 2018 1:13 AM

Fun thread! Linda was more than the sum of her parts. Like Lisa Fonssagrives from decades before, she completely inhabited whatever role she needed to for the camera. They share a cool elegance and belong in their own category of models, in my mind.

As The Chameleon, she contributed to hair color's acceptance as a changeable accessory and was subsequently the face of Clairol Ultress in the mid 90s.

Her face appears to be slightly, but disproportionately smaller than her neck. Hugh Jackman is the male version of this. A few too many Twinkies and your head can turn into a thumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 4, 2018 1:15 AM

Y'all should follow Linda's instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295September 4, 2018 1:18 AM

lindaevangelista ♥️♥️♥️ Made it to Heaven! ♥️♥️♥️🙏🏻 @iamcardib 🙏🏻♥️♥️♥️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 4, 2018 1:20 AM

I had a smallish poster-sized version of this pic up for a long time. I think that “fierce” is an overused adjective, but it’s the first to spring to mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 4, 2018 1:21 AM

Proud of her Vogue Spain covers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 4, 2018 1:22 AM

lindaevangelista New batch of Erasa XEP 30. My first filter! @erasaskincare

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299September 4, 2018 1:23 AM

Completely agree about Linda being much more than the sum of her parts. She was incredibly charismatic. In some photos, she looks like Sophia Loren or Gina Lollobrigida in their primetime.

by Anonymousreply 300September 4, 2018 1:25 AM

Oh and b t dubs, Linda really does know how to play the accordian, she learned it growing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 4, 2018 1:25 AM

Let this one sink in. You have to open it to appreciate it fully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 4, 2018 1:30 AM

It's interesting that Linda talks about how much from as far back as she could remember, since when she was just a little tot, she wanted to be a model and loved fashion and yet when her career ended relatively early she was never really involved much with the industry. Cindy and Naomi in particular are still right in the thick of it and they support the industry, designers and younger models and I admire them for that.

by Anonymousreply 303September 4, 2018 1:31 AM

Good one, r302. Apparently she would do anything to get the picture right.

by Anonymousreply 304September 4, 2018 1:32 AM

R302 That entire editorial was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 305September 4, 2018 1:37 AM

R238 Gerald Marie never married Lisa Rutledge, but he does have a child with her. A daughter named Cookie, of all things. Linda Evangelista is the only woman that he ever married.

R291 What happened between her and Marie IS on topic. I recall Linda saying that she didn't believe he would ever get married so she was shocked when he proposed.

by Anonymousreply 306September 4, 2018 1:42 AM

Linda in Vogue last year, celebrating its 125th birthday. Without the weight she's still very beautiful. If she could take more care of herself she'd also feel a lot more comfortable in her skin. I get the impression she's not comfortable with how she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307September 4, 2018 1:49 AM

Something may be happening with her Thyroid. Doesn't take much to burn out this crucial metabolic gland.

by Anonymousreply 308September 4, 2018 1:53 AM

She looks to have alcohol bloat IMO

by Anonymousreply 309September 4, 2018 2:17 AM

[quote]If she could take more care of herself she'd also feel a lot more comfortable in her skin. I get the impression she's not comfortable with how she is.

She has an incredible face that will always look good and photograph well. Whether she maintains her body and weight is up to her. She’d probably like to... but like every other 50-something formerly attractive person, she sproably seriously considering “is it worth the effort??”

by Anonymousreply 310September 4, 2018 2:18 AM

If she decides to let herself go... she should just fade into obscurity and never let herself be photographed publicly again.

We’all always be able to Google her. Take a lesson from Madonna... quit while you’re ahead and don’t go out like an elderly sow gasping for its last breath in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 311September 4, 2018 2:21 AM

Leave it alone. She's gained a fair amount of weight but she's a tall woman and she's not fat. She's over 50. Linda may not look comfortable being photographed anymore but that doesn't mean she's not comfortable in her body or her life. Why do (some) gay men not get that these "super" models had to practically starve themselves even when they were young with fast metabolism? The body demanded of them is not the body that many women have. Always 10 to 15 lbs less than their thinnest. So yeah coke and cigarettes and genetics and the best people in the world advising you on how to stay THIN, not necessarily healthy. That's one reason Naomi was such a sensation on the Catwalk. Her body was out of sight, the smallest waist and the longest legs but with beautiful thighs and slender arms with definition. That highwater ass & her lovely neck and long limbs. Impossibly glowing with health and strength but delicately pretty too.

Love the glamor of it all but it's a young dames game and those who still want to prove they can do it at 50, 60, or later are more entrenched in a pretty ridiculous game than admirable. Linda is the best editorial model of all time and maybe the greatest muse. She's maybe not as unhappy as some here think. Out of the light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312September 4, 2018 2:24 AM

Imo the best of the Supermodels

by Anonymousreply 313September 4, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote]Why do (some) gay men not get that these "super" models had to practically starve themselves even when they were young with fast metabolism?

We get it. She’s not SUPER anymore... she’s just an average person.

Good on her for embracing it... not trying to ridiculously hang onto it like Hagdonna.

by Anonymousreply 314September 4, 2018 2:55 AM

Ok this thread has convinced me that Linda Evangelista was the greatest model of her generation. Hands down.

by Anonymousreply 315September 4, 2018 3:00 AM

One crazy fan has made over two hundreds posts in this thread about her. This is crazy. I hope you are not a lonely loser or stalker

by Anonymousreply 316September 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Good on you, R315. Totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 317September 4, 2018 3:03 AM

Naomi still has a great body but bad work has ruined her once-beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 318September 4, 2018 3:04 AM

It's not just that she's aged...she looks very, very haggard, like she is a heavy drinker. She looks "worn out." I bet she never had to exercise when she was young and isn't a very active person. What R303 said is right on the money, I know she had a child, but so did most of the models and they have found ways to stay in the game and support it. Where did you go, Linda?????? Modeling was supposedly the whole purpose of her life.

by Anonymousreply 319September 4, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]One crazy fan has made over two hundreds posts in this thread about her.

And you’re such a loser that you appointed yourself hall-monitor and diligently researched who was posting in a thread about a 90s Supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 320September 4, 2018 3:05 AM

Focus, people . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 4, 2018 3:07 AM

[quote]A comment about eating - Jane Birkin was one of the slimmest, most boyish models ever. In a relatively recent interview, she said she still watches what she eats, because even with her build, if she doesn't, she gets a big stomach.

Jane Birkin was on steroid injections a couple of years ago. I don't know what for, but she had that steroid bloat and a big gut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322September 4, 2018 3:10 AM

Linda seemed like she was from another era. She didn't fit in with the flannel, grunge, waif looks of the 90s..

Kate Moss and Niki Taylor (who is one of my favorites) were very of the moment. With Linda, you always had to determine if it was a recent photo and not a throwback from a different time.

by Anonymousreply 323September 4, 2018 3:16 AM

R259 She looks good, but you can see the botox there.

by Anonymousreply 324September 4, 2018 3:19 AM

And then there was Kirsty Hume. Remember her? I guess she was more of a Super Waif than a Supermodel. She is still totally ethereal and gorgeous with a lookalike daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 4, 2018 3:19 AM

Kirsty and her daughter Violet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326September 4, 2018 3:22 AM

Models who have uninteresting faces and personalities are Elle Macpherson, Gisele Bundchen, Claudia Schiffer (one look), Rachel Hunter. I'd include Naomi as well, but I know a lot of you like her.

by Anonymousreply 327September 4, 2018 3:24 AM

Claudia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 4, 2018 3:27 AM

Actual Linda quote: "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000.00."

by Anonymousreply 329September 4, 2018 3:29 AM

Claudia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 4, 2018 3:31 AM

Throwbacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 4, 2018 3:35 AM

One minute shows why Linda is one of the greatest models as she maintains her masculine character better than Cindy, Tatiana and Naomi from 1:45-2:45 in Peter Lindbergh's film "Models"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332September 4, 2018 3:38 AM

throwback

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 4, 2018 3:43 AM

Wasn't Veronica Webb involved with DeNiro at some point.

Kara Young fucked Trump, how disgusting. I never got Trump's appeal. As a New Yorker, I always knew he was an illiterate fool and blowhard. Even when young, he was disgusting, that smug ugly face alone is a turn off. I don't even want to stand anywhere near him let alone fuck that beast!

What some women will do for money and 'status'. I don't get it, especially as Kara was a fairly successful model, she was on major fashion magazine covers and did ad campaigns for major cosmetic companies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 4, 2018 3:50 AM

Helena had charisma, depth, soul and knock-out good looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 4, 2018 3:51 AM

I don't think models or celebs in general should do Instagram and all that. Where's the mystique anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336September 4, 2018 3:54 AM

Kara Young and her husband, a NYC based Greek shipping magnate. He's a billionaire. Quelle surprise! Secure the bag!

He looks like a bloated country western singer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337September 4, 2018 3:55 AM

Ah, those were the days - Linda, Christy, Naomi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338September 4, 2018 4:03 AM

Yeah we know you LOVE Linda, but she sure wasn't the only super model!

by Anonymousreply 339September 4, 2018 4:05 AM

This linda fanatic is behaving like a teenage who has posted hundred times in this thread. She was a supermodel but certainly was not the prettiest one, the most famous one or the top earning one.

by Anonymousreply 340September 4, 2018 4:12 AM

R340 so why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 341September 4, 2018 4:20 AM

Amber Valetta was gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342September 4, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]This linda fanatic is behaving like a teenage who has posted hundred times in this thread. She was a supermodel but certainly was not the prettiest one, the most famous one or the top earning one.

Do you think the Linda Troll is a gay man or a lesbian?

I'd rather hear the behind-the-scenes dirt, how all these women battled each other for lucrative contracts and other bitchiness. Modeling became a huge business in the 80s and 90s, that's when so many models became extremely famous. In the past, people knew models such as Jean Shrimpton, Twiggy, Naomi Sims (one of the first famous black models) and Lauren Hutton etc, but the era of the' super model' was when the general public became more aware of models. Models became as ubiquitous as actors, actresses and musicians.

by Anonymousreply 343September 4, 2018 4:25 AM

Ah, but Linda was the best one, the most iconic and the most talented model of her time and arguably anytime. She created the most memorable photos and poses and changes and still managed to provide a subtext in the midst of the chaos and fantasy of a shoot and career. She could deliver a beauty shot anytime, but resonates with so much more. She did all the things that Tyra Banks always talks about on her fake show: Smize, know your angles, hide your faults, give variation, find the light, think about who you are portraying, what's closest to the camera looks biggest, the ugly pretty, remember your neck and sell the damn clothes. Linda surpassed many of her photographers, SHE is the image.

The Troll had a thread on Christie Brinkley before. He posts from more than one device to keep the thread going, often using opposing points of view. He's obsessed with models and plastic surgery. He loves that junkyard dog Gia but has oddly kept her out of this conversation. Thanks for whatever reason.

He's definitely not a lesbian - these are gay man fantasies about how beautiful women should act and look. That's why he's so much into how rich the men are they fuck and how well they keep up their appearance. A lesbian would have a lot more understanding, a bit more desire and way less envy in her comments, ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 4, 2018 4:44 AM

R344 you are THE troll pretending to be another poster. Your posts are creepy. I’m not sure if you are mentally challenged or just simply crazy.

by Anonymousreply 345September 4, 2018 4:54 AM

FUCK YOU ALL.

NIKI TAYLOR WAS NOT A SUPERMODEL.

She was basically a skinnier Anna Kournikova.

by Anonymousreply 346September 4, 2018 4:57 AM

I kind of love R344.

by Anonymousreply 347September 4, 2018 4:58 AM

Linda was the new Capucine.

by Anonymousreply 348September 4, 2018 4:59 AM

R344 is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 349September 4, 2018 5:35 AM

some of my favorite fashion pics

Guinevere van Seenus

Photographer: Mario Sorrenti

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 4, 2018 5:42 AM

Linda is arguably the most important top model of the "supermodel" era - she really was the face/body of that time and honestly was the best that modeling has ever seen to date. By luck or skill, she was the top of the charts when that meant something. Kate Moss is the only one who survived the short period in time ("supermodel") and then killed it for an additional 2 plus decades. Kate wins the model wars of the last 30 years; love or hate her - the world decided to love her and she dominated the runways and contracts.

by Anonymousreply 351September 4, 2018 5:42 AM

Delfine Bafort

don't know who the photographer is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 4, 2018 5:45 AM

R344 told the truth and that's why you are so upset. Answering yourself from another device again? Anyone else can isolate my posts and see that I am far from insane. Sexy and charming and insightful, I am. A dude.

by Anonymousreply 353September 4, 2018 5:46 AM

Guinevere Van Seenus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 4, 2018 5:48 AM

R344 you need an RX for some serious drugs......oops, it appears that you are on serious drugs currently. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 355September 4, 2018 5:50 AM

R345 - He is a Borderline Personality Disorder drama queen. Just read his posts..

by Anonymousreply 356September 4, 2018 5:53 AM

You should stop using CAPS r355. It makes your posts too easy to identify queerdo. The closest you've ever been to a woman is a magazine. Now fuck off before I have to make life more difficult for you.

R356 is responding in support of R345!?! Self to self. Borderline is a strange accusation. Seems a bit like projection on your part, not sure how it applies to a real man. All the posts here but a few are from the same sick weirdo I outlined in R344. Some wimpy old fag obsessed with models and plastic surgery. I'm tired of it now. Speak ONLY about what you are permitted. Capisce?

by Anonymousreply 357September 4, 2018 6:04 AM

LMFAO.....R357. You have lots of issues.

by Anonymousreply 358September 4, 2018 6:06 AM

................but please keep it up, freak.

by Anonymousreply 359September 4, 2018 6:09 AM

This is interesting. It’s from the Wiki article about Linda. I’ve been a huge fan for a long time and knew she was excellent, but how can you be a talented model? Isn’t it just looking into a camera? This describes a little of how she excelled. She was a performer. BTW it would be really nice if this thread could stay focused on LE instead of the ad hominem poster attacks. If someone is obsessed (and maybe it’s me you’re attacking for it, I’ve posted several times here), so what?

[quote]In his book Face Forward, the late makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin said of Evangelista, "I first worked with Linda in the early eighties and have yet to meet another model who was more involved in every aspect of her work. Her specialties were knowing what was best for her hair, makeup, styling, and lighting -- and Linda was always right. It was mind-boggling. Many of the unforgettable images of this haunting beauty were, in great degree, due to her involvement." A sentiment echoed by fashion stylist Paul Cavaco who described Evangelista as "the greatest collaborator of all time."

by Anonymousreply 360September 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Fashion among the Tulips

Lisanne de Jong by Viviane Sassen for Dazed and Confused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 4, 2018 6:45 AM

Oh. R360 - that would be that you have posted TONS of crazy on all of the "model" DL forums. Anyone who knows how to use DL can figure that out in seconds your crazy posts. Seek help or keep looking like a freak. Post away!! I’ve posted several times here, so what? I'm a psycho freak, so what???? yes Looney Tunes, freak - we are asking for you to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 362September 4, 2018 6:45 AM

the "so what" is a pun on his emails..

by Anonymousreply 363September 4, 2018 6:47 AM

R360, modelling is about creating a character and playing that role. It's about attitude and style, presenting a fantasy. If a model can do that, then she's a great model. That's exactly how Linda understood her job.

by Anonymousreply 364September 4, 2018 7:25 AM

So Linda’s name means The Beautiful Lady Evangelist in Italian. But is she more beautiful than Jan Crouch? The answer is no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 4, 2018 7:47 AM

R283

Holy Christ!!

Did Mark Vanderloo never use any sunblock or moisturizer in his life?

I have a hard time believing that photo is not doctored.

by Anonymousreply 366September 4, 2018 8:16 AM

Re Jane Birkin - OMFG. Poor woman.

Re Linda collaborating with staff and crew on her shoots - it's pretty obvious that without the right makeup, angles and lighting, she could look monstrous.

by Anonymousreply 367September 4, 2018 10:08 AM

R334 No, Naomi Campbell dated him. I remember the gossip stories at the time about them. She dated Stallone right after too.

by Anonymousreply 368September 4, 2018 11:00 AM

Nikki Taylor is absolutely a supermodel. She appeared on the cover on Vogue multiple times and had multiple multi-year campaigns with major companies like Cover Girl and Liz Claiborne.

Via Wikipedia: Taylor's first magazine cover was an issue of Seventeen (August 1989) at 14. The following year, at 15, she was photographed for the cover of Vogue, becoming the second youngest person to appear on the cover of the magazine, after Brooke Shields.

In 1991, at the age of just 16, Taylor became the youngest person ever to be featured as one of People magazine's Most Beautiful People, wearing a bright-orange one-piece bathing suit with long lime-green gloves in the photo spread which accompanied the article, taken on a Miami beach. The following year, Taylor became the first spokesmodel younger than 18 to sign a major contract with CoverGirl, and she became a feature in their national advertising campaign. Some of her other ad campaigns have been for Thierry Mugler, Escada, Liz Claiborne, Jean Paul Gaultier, Versace, Versus, Anne Klein, L'Oréal, Gap, Lee Jeans, and Pantene. Taylor remains the only person to simultaneously have six enormous billboards in NYC's Times Square, three of which displayed her image continuously throughout the entire year.[2]

In May 1996, Taylor appeared on the covers of the six major American women's fashion and fitness magazines in the same month: Allure, Vogue, ELLE, Marie Claire, Self, and Shape. A first in history, this was named the 'Niki Six'.[3] She appeared in the 1997 and 1998 editions of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and was the cover-model of the 1998 Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar. "Sports Illustrated" released three video segments of her photo-shoots, for the years 1997, 1998 and 1999. The '97 segment was with one other model, Naomi Campbell, the '98 segment was with two other models, and the '99 segment was dedicated to her alone.

While the number of magazine covers she has been featured on is now over 400 she also still holds the record of the most ever Allure magazine covers, with 11 covers of her in the US edition of Allure alone.[4]

by Anonymousreply 369September 4, 2018 11:06 AM

I absolutely adored Carolyn Murphy's pixie cut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 4, 2018 11:43 AM

Anyone like Daria Werbowy?

by Anonymousreply 371September 4, 2018 11:49 AM

Linda's face is editorial. Made for high fashion. She does not have a weak chin either.

by Anonymousreply 372September 4, 2018 11:51 AM

"It was so much more wild then" Video interview with Kate Moss for Vogue Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373September 4, 2018 12:21 PM

I've heard from reliable sources that Carolyn Murphy is one nasty piece of work. Just ask her ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 374September 4, 2018 12:23 PM

R374 OH NO! I've never heard anything about that. That's too bad.

by Anonymousreply 375September 4, 2018 1:13 PM

Just an FYI, R374: "...And Schroeder, a heavily-tattooed, self-described entrepreneur, has returned to his surf camp in Costa Rica where they'd met, leaving Murphy to care for the couple's 11/2-year-old daughter, Dylan.

Sources say Schroeder never really took to family life, and the increasing strain on Murphy to present a picture of domestic bliss proved too much to bear. Sources say Murphy, who supported Schroeder with her Lauder millions, had to settle some money on him to get him to leave...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 4, 2018 1:26 PM

Carolyn can afford a good press agent. But the truth is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 377September 4, 2018 1:35 PM

Sorry R374, but Carolyn Murphy's surfer ex, Jake Schroeder, is a complete POS. Seems her biggest flaw was marrying and having a baby with a druggie loser.

"ATTLEBORO - An Arizona man who once did prison time after trying to sell a sex tape he made with his supermodel ex-wife was arrested on fugitive charges this week on Interstate 95 North at the Attleboro weigh station.

Jake Schroeder, 38, was stopped by state troopers for a motor vehicle violation around 2:35 a.m. Wednesday, then they discovered he had a fugitive from justice warrant outstanding from California.

Schroeder, who gave Massachusetts and Arizona licenses and whose car had Virginia license plates, was wanted on a parole violation relative to a drug charge, according to California authorities.

In a 2006 case unrelated to his current arrest, Schroeder attempted to sell a sex tape he made with his ex-wife, Estee Lauder model Carolyn Murphy, during the couple's honeymoon.

In that case, Schroeder was charged with extortion and grand theft, with his original bail of $33,000 put up by the Internet Commerce Group, a company trying to sell the video, according to published reports at the time.

According to California court records, the extortion charges were dropped and Schroeder pleaded guilty to grand theft charges.

He was ordered to spend 90 days in jail and assessed five years of probation.

He later served three years in prison after violating his probation in the case on five occasions, according to court records.

Following his arrest this week in Attleboro, Schroeder was held without bail following his arraignment Wednesday on fugitive charges in Attleboro District Court, according to Gregg Miliote, a spokesman for Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter.

Miliote said Schroeder signed a rendition waiver, allowing authorities to transfer him back to California to face charges there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378September 4, 2018 1:36 PM

^^^^ BTW, this was from 2012, R377 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 379September 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Well, the truth is R377, that Carolyn was just guilty of marrying a totally deadbeat surfer dude loser. She became infatuated with him while spending a lot of time in Costa Rica during her own discovery of the surfing world.

They had a kid and she finally woke up to the fact that he was a shitty dad that couldn’t be trusted with responsibility. She was caught up in what he seemed like while riding a wave, living on the beach, etc. and that didn’t match what you need for a good partner in day to day life when you aren’t on a surf board.

She asked for a divorce and he flipped out, tried selling sex pics of her to tabloids, etc.

She may or may not be a diva, but he IS a piece of shit. And she was incredibly stupid for getting involved with him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 380September 4, 2018 1:42 PM

Sorry R378 covered this well, but I was posting simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 381September 4, 2018 1:46 PM

Compilation of a few of Carolyn’s 1999/2000 runway bookings. All of these are from Milan with the exception of two Versace couture shows held at the Ritz Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382September 4, 2018 1:53 PM

^^^^ fabulous music beginning about 1:40 mark in that video!

by Anonymousreply 383September 4, 2018 1:56 PM

I miss Fashion Television...

Carolyn Murphy was the only good host of Project Runway All Stars - much better than whoever the first woman was and Alyssa Milano.

by Anonymousreply 384September 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Alyssa Milano had no business being on that show. She was horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 385September 4, 2018 2:01 PM

I agree R385

by Anonymousreply 386September 4, 2018 6:50 PM

I always wondered what happened to Murphy's ex. Both Murphy and her now teenage daughter are on Instagram, and her daughter uses the name Murphy, but sadly looks like the ex.

by Anonymousreply 387September 4, 2018 8:17 PM

Enty had a long blind revealed as being about Murphy, but his unsophisticated readers had mostly never heard of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 4, 2018 8:20 PM

I'll never understand what Carolyn Murphy saw in that surfer dude.

by Anonymousreply 389September 4, 2018 8:23 PM

Carolyn Murphy went on a date with a Marine or something to some event in DC a while back? I can't recall but it was a nice gesture. I saw her in the airport. Her ass looked like a 2x4 board.

by Anonymousreply 390September 4, 2018 8:52 PM

I also remember when Carolyn Murphy dated Brandon Boyd the singer from Incubus. They were a hot couple.

by Anonymousreply 391September 4, 2018 8:55 PM

She's a little bit rock n roll and a little bit of a hippie chick. She made a power-play for Brandon Boyd from the band Incubus within moments of breaking up with the ex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 4, 2018 8:56 PM

R391 Jinx! lol

by Anonymousreply 393September 4, 2018 8:56 PM

Is it true Linda gets $47k a month in child support from the billionaire now married to Selma Hayek?

by Anonymousreply 394September 4, 2018 9:34 PM

Carolyn Murphy is not a nasty piece of work. Her career has endured over 3 decades and she seems well-regarded by many. Plus she’s good friends with someone whose considered one of the nicest people in the fashion industry, Amber Valletta.

by Anonymousreply 395September 4, 2018 9:45 PM

[quote]Is it true Linda gets $47k a month in child support from the billionaire now married to Selma Hayek?

Yes, it’s true. It’s a good sum, but not quite the $10k daily she expects.

by Anonymousreply 396September 4, 2018 10:18 PM

You want cheekbones?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 4, 2018 10:54 PM

R388 that CDAN item is woefully ill informed. Carolyn was and still is A list with a decades long Estée Lauder contract and select editorials and advertising with top photographers and stylists. She was perhaps never a “super” but she’s still in that tippy top echelon of models that can pick and choose from from primo bookings when she wants them.

She also didn’t move around trying to lose the loser husband. She’s was always pretty much LA based until the kid was ready to start school and then moved to NYC so it would be easier to work a little bit without being away from home.

The money she’s made on the Estée Lauder deal alone has meant that she was financially set for life a long time ago. So it’s not all that plausible she was gold digging with her love life. Her last boyfriend was a restaurateur... it’s not like she’s Naomi chasing after sleazy Russian oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 398September 4, 2018 11:22 PM

Models.com profile page for Carolyn Murphy... she falls into the “Icon” and “Money” categories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399September 4, 2018 11:27 PM

Linda’s recent photos look like she may be on steroids for a medical issue.

by Anonymousreply 400September 4, 2018 11:41 PM

What was the really popular model from the 1970's whose husband convinced her to get an unneeded nose job?

She was everywhere in the 70's

by Anonymousreply 401September 5, 2018 12:17 AM

I think that what makes Linda so appealing to us gays is that even tho she could be stunningly beautiful in her feminine shoots (specially her blonde ones), in her masculine shoots she almost can pass for a very handsome/pretty man. Personally when I think of a supermodel, I think of her in her 1990-93-ish shoots. Such high fashion, glamour and beauty and that's why George Michael decided to use her twice for his videos.

by Anonymousreply 402September 5, 2018 1:15 AM

I love “La Linda”. Such a chameleon, I love all her Peter Lindbergh and Meisel editorials and the ones with Christy Turlington too, two amazing beauties.

by Anonymousreply 403September 5, 2018 1:29 AM

R401 Was it Kelly LeBrock? Her nose always looked very small to me.

by Anonymousreply 404September 5, 2018 1:33 AM

R 401 Karen Graham ?

by Anonymousreply 405September 5, 2018 1:45 AM

Karen Graham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 5, 2018 1:45 AM

Ten years ago, pre-Harvey W and B. Cosby, Carre Otis outed Evangalista's ex-husband very clearly in her memoir, she described their encounter as not consensual.

Around the same time, Karen Mulder had a public meltdown while being interviewed during a European talk show panel where she described being raped all during her career and included Mr. Marie in her accusation (who later paid for a portion of her mental health treatment)

Evangelista had the looks, stamina, and all the connections to make the cover(S) of every leading magazine and every leading editorial and yet she still had to service a slobbering pig ( Mr. Marie) AND look the other way while he rutted and fornicated with other women in order to "make it".

So what does that tell you?

Pay to play is how these things work, talent be damned!

by Anonymousreply 407September 5, 2018 1:58 AM

R402 "us gays?" You are ripe for a friendship wirh Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 408September 5, 2018 2:00 AM

The first paragraph of R344 are perhaps the most symphonic words ever written on Datalounge. R344 is to be commended for the vividness of his prose.

by Anonymousreply 409September 5, 2018 2:25 AM

R409 enough with the circle jerk

by Anonymousreply 410September 5, 2018 2:28 AM

If Naomi Campbell turned down Project Runway, Linda Evangelista must have been offered the job. She is much more qualified than Heidi Klum, who is nowhere near as interesting and versatile as Linda.

by Anonymousreply 411September 5, 2018 2:37 AM

Who was that blond NYC based model, she had a loft in Soho, she was also very popular during the super model era, but wasn't considered one.

I think she had a small gap between her teeth, she always wore her blond hair shoulder length and wavy. Think her last name was Morgan? She seemed so cool and hip, not conceited and self-absorbed at all, she probably didn't become a super model because she didn't push herself as much as the other models. Yet she was consistently working.

I saw a TV interview with her during the time she was popular. She was interesting, yet didn't seem to take her career seriously, probably because she knew most models careers are sort lived. Hope she didn't OD or something. She appeared very focused and not a heavy duty partier at all. Think she was dating a famous musician, not a surprise!

Wish I could remember her name, she looked like a cross between Carolyn Murphy and Amber Valetta, but less sophisticated, with a quirkier look than Carolyn and Amber.

by Anonymousreply 412September 5, 2018 3:28 AM

At least R409 qualified "the first paragraph", because the nelly queen he is referencing is certifiable ("officially recognized as needing treatment for a mental disorder").

by Anonymousreply 413September 5, 2018 3:40 AM

@R412 - Yes, can't place her name either; but I do remember her face. The rumored musician was either Bono or Clapton. Story is 'he' set her up quite nicely; hence the laissez-faire attitude about modeling. In BIs she was described as the 'Blonde Bookish Model.'

by Anonymousreply 414September 5, 2018 3:48 AM

This was one of the photos that ran alongside the People magazine article posted from the 90s that introduced Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell as "the trinity."

Christy has probably the least flattering hairstyle she could have, and looks like an 80s college girl at her first lesbian bar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415September 5, 2018 4:04 AM

R414, I don't think her musician BF was as famous as Bono or Clapton, think he was American.

During the interview I saw, she talked about buying her Soho loft when it was very low cost, she also worried about being able to remain. She didn't seem like a kept women. She was very pragmatic, she seemed so much more intelligent than the average drug and alcohol fueled models of that era.

I'm going to try looking her up. Problem is, her last name might not be Morgan!

by Anonymousreply 416September 5, 2018 4:07 AM

R412, Rachel Williams? For all you lesbians, I think she plays for your team now.

by Anonymousreply 417September 5, 2018 4:13 AM

Niki Taylor was on an incredible amount of magazine covers

"Niki Taylor became the first spokesmodel younger than 18 to sign a major contract with CoverGirl, and she became a feature in their national advertising campaign. Some of her other ad campaigns have been for Thierry Mugler, Escada, Liz Claiborne, Jean Paul Gaultier, Versace, Versus, Anne Klein, L'Oréal, Gap, Lee Jeans, and Pantene. Taylor remains the only person to simultaneously have six enormous billboards in NYC's Times Square, three of which displayed her image continuously throughout the entire year. In May 1996, Taylor appeared on the covers of the six major American women's fashion and fitness magazines in the same month: Allure, Vogue, ELLE, Marie Claire, Self, and Shape. A first in history, this was named the 'Niki Six'. She appeared in the 1997 and 1998 editions of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and was the cover-model of the 1998 Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar. "Sports Illustrated" released three video segments of her photo-shoots, for the years 1997, 1998 and 1999. The '97 segment was with one other model, Naomi Campbell, the '98 segment was with two other models, and the '99 segment was dedicated to her alone." - wikipedia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418September 5, 2018 4:13 AM

Hahaha! You are totally on point with Christy's hair. Still, all three look phenomenal - those faces alone! Models were never more glamorous than during that finite supermodel era. All of the moons and stars aligned - MTV (no one cares about music videos, but back then they were gold and they glamorized supermodels), meteoric salaries (models may never command as much ever again), very strong publications (barely hanging on by a thread now, but incredibly cash rich then - magazine sales were astronomical), a lack of movie star-power (I have no idea why, but this was considered the scenario at that time and the supermodel became far more powerful).... These women were VERY lucky and were certainly iconic. Linda, Naomi, Christy, Cindy, Kate (in no particular order)....these names will forever be iconic. I am not sure that we will ever see this phenomenon again.

by Anonymousreply 419September 5, 2018 4:17 AM

Christy Turlington has such an elongated horseface. And terrible hair.

I really do not understand her appeal at all.

She looks like any average girl you’d find on a college campus.

by Anonymousreply 420September 5, 2018 4:19 AM

@R417 - No, wasn't Rachel. Rachel, very exotic, no matter what she wore; and Yes, a 'team player.'

The blonde in question during her 'off' time, one would ever know she was a model.

by Anonymousreply 421September 5, 2018 4:20 AM

^^ That is, one would never know . . .

by Anonymousreply 422September 5, 2018 4:22 AM

R412, must be Sonja MORGAN lol

by Anonymousreply 423September 5, 2018 4:23 AM

I don't understand why a multitude of models, past and present, haven't clamoured to get on the #MeToo bandwagon. Modeling is, was, and probably always will be pay for play, for both males and females. And it's not hidden; pretty much any book or film about the modeling industry describes how exploitative it is, and sex is nearly always one of the weapons of choice. There might be a few exceptions, if a model is predicted to be huge, and will make the agency a fortune, and if she is well protected by her parents.

by Anonymousreply 424September 5, 2018 5:02 AM

R412 was it Kristy Hume?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 5, 2018 5:02 AM

Yeah, righhht R420... college campuses are just loaded with girls that have this face and this type of body. Just your average coed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426September 5, 2018 5:08 AM

R412 / R425 Kristy Hume was married to Donovan’s son, although he himself was not a musician.

Saying she lived in Soho narrows it down to practically every model living in NYC during the 80s or 90s... there and TriBeCa were the epicenters of supermodel habitation. LOL

Maybe you are thinking of Elaine Irwin who married John Cougar Mellencamp? Although she doesn’t really have a gap tooth. She was an early pioneer in TriBeCa real estate, I think in the same building as JFK Jr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427September 5, 2018 5:21 AM

Another pic of Elaine...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 5, 2018 5:25 AM

R414, I found the model. It's ANNIE MORTON. I was close, I thought it was Morgan.

In some photos she looks like a less voluptuous Rebecca Romijn. She did covers for ELLE, Euro editions of American fashions mags and Mademoiselle. Plus, a nude series for top fashion photographer Juergen Teller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 5, 2018 5:27 AM

One thing I notice is that many female models actually are very masculine-looking especially around the jaw. Gisele Bundchen and Stella Tennant are extreme examples.

By the way, it's Kirsty not Kristy Hume.

by Anonymousreply 430September 5, 2018 5:31 AM

Man, I really do not remember her at all, R429. Definitely obscure.

by Anonymousreply 431September 5, 2018 5:33 AM

Yes Kirsty, damn auto correct. Whoa, never would have remembered Annie Morton! :-)

by Anonymousreply 432September 5, 2018 5:34 AM

[quote]Kirsty Hume was married to Donovan’s son, although he himself was not a musician.

Actually Donovan Leitch was a musician, a singer, as well as an actor and model.

I saw his band Camp Freddy at a cancer benefit gig along with Dave Navarro, the late Lou Reed, The Roots, Jerry Cantrell and the fabulous Gina Gershon, singing, yes she has a great voice. The concert was at Irving Plaza about 10 years ago.

Donovan's sister is actress Ione Skye. Their father, the British folk singer Donovan, had initially denied them being his kids.

Donovan and his current wife actress Libby Mintz, never heard of her. I see he likes blondes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 5, 2018 5:36 AM

Was never familiar with Annie Morton’s career, but she sounds like a lovely person per her Wikipedia entry.

My next guess after Elaine Irwin was going to be Beri Smither, who sadly ended up having some problems with drugs but I think is recovered and sober now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 5, 2018 5:39 AM

How 'obscure' could Annie Morton have been if she got major fashion mag covers?! She stood out for me because she came across as normal and 'real' during interviews.

She sure wasn't a Macy's catalog model. I work in the fashion business. I guess that's why I remember the lesser known semi-famous models.

The general public only seems to know the extremely famous super models and the models who have now gone on to work in other fields such as Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and all the other models who no longer model yet have still remained relevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435September 5, 2018 5:42 AM

I don't think that anyone is throwing shade at all R435 - but those of us who live and work outside of the fashion world are not as familiar with talent as you are. Also, after the "supermodel" era ended - I would say that the general public as a whole stopped keeping track all that much. I am sure that Annie is just lovely, but the lay person on the street doesn't know her from Adam.

by Anonymousreply 436September 5, 2018 5:48 AM

R435, sorry she's pretty obscure. Even Sandra Zatezalo who is one of my favs is obscure but not nearly as Annie Morton.

by Anonymousreply 437September 5, 2018 5:50 AM

Annie's husband is a man named Michael Morpurgo, I wonder if he's the same Michael Morpurgo, who is British and a "Sir'.

The British Michael Morpurgo is 74! Secure the purse, I suppose!

by Anonymousreply 438September 5, 2018 5:50 AM

Just remembered, the interview I saw with Annie Morton, where she talked about her loft in Soho etc, was on MTV's very popular "House of Style".

Not sure if Cindy Crawford, Shalom Harlow or Todd Oldham was the host at the time, but Annie couldn't have been all that obscure if she was interviewed on such a popular highly rated TV series.

by Anonymousreply 439September 5, 2018 5:54 AM

Yeah Annie definitely had a good run... not sure why I never noticed her.

There were a lot of girls with somewhat of an Amber/ Carolyn look in the mid to late 90s and I guess they all blended together in a way: Annie M., Jacquetta Wheeler, Beri Smither, Angela Lindvall, Trish Goff, Bridget Hall... they all had very good careers even if most people wouldn’t remember them since they never quite reached the level of Amber and her ilk.

by Anonymousreply 440September 5, 2018 5:56 AM

Speaking of popular yet no longer "name worthy" models - Carolyn Murphy (who was born in Panama City, FL - a few hours from my hometown) was a huge earner and a VERY recognizable face. That said, primarily fashion circles know her by name - unlike Kate Moss who EVERYONE with a pulse knows (even the youngest teens included). I think that the fall of the supermodel comes into play here. After the mid 1990's, few people cared much anymore outside of a few obvious exceptions (Gisele Bündchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, etc.).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441September 5, 2018 6:03 AM

I love that here nose is the way it is. As mentioned, she had something really powerful she conveyed. Call it charisma, presence, whatever. She always was the most striking in the group photos.

by Anonymousreply 442September 5, 2018 6:04 AM

Bravo R440 - you mentioned Carolyn before I posted! LOL And I do remember Bridget Hall being discussed as being the next big thing, but that really never happened for whatever reason (the camera did seem to add ten pounds to her with literally every month of her career).

by Anonymousreply 443September 5, 2018 6:08 AM

R438, if you'd just bothered to look it up rather than wonder, you'd discover that Annie Morton's husband was in a 90s grunge band, so around the same age as her, while the British Sir Michael is married to a woman called Clare.

by Anonymousreply 444September 5, 2018 6:10 AM

When was Heidi Klum ever a supermodel, r435?

by Anonymousreply 445September 5, 2018 6:16 AM

Marpessa... never a “super” but definitely a “top” model in the early to mid 90s... was always a favorite of mine. A classic Dutch beauty with a killer body.

She’s still very close friends with Naomi, Carla Bruni, and Helena Christensen. Her Instagram is fun to follow.

And here is her 90s walk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446September 5, 2018 6:16 AM

LOL No, in fact she was not R445.. :-) NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 447September 5, 2018 6:25 AM

Weht Rachel Williams?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 5, 2018 6:34 AM

[quote][R438], if you'd just bothered to look it up rather than wonder, you'd discover that Annie Morton's husband was in a 90s grunge band, so around the same age as her, while the British Sir Michael is married to a woman called Clare.

No reason to be so nasty, but its DL, so, par for the course.

Morpurgo, is a VERY unusual last name, what are the chances two people with such odd last name, would have the same FIRST name, Michael? Plus, the name sounded African, I expected her husband to be black. I just went through three pages of 'Michael Morpurgo', not one was a grunge musician. All were for the British author.

Don't be upset that this thread has veered away from your idol Linda E, that would explain your childish response.

by Anonymousreply 449September 5, 2018 6:44 AM

R448 she quit the biz and went to Columbia for architecture in the early 1990s, then worked again a little bit here and there. But her look was so strong, athletic, and even borderline Amazonian that she wasn’t necessarily right for what the industry wanted in the mid to late 90s. She was in a Prada campaign a few years ago that featured models in their 40s such as herself and Christy Turlington.

And she’s a lesbian... a hot, sexy, femme lesbian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 5, 2018 6:59 AM

Absolute Rachel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451September 5, 2018 7:02 AM

R441 I'm from DeFuniak Springs. Where are you from?

by Anonymousreply 452September 5, 2018 7:50 AM

This is hysterical, it's about Carolyn Murphy:

"FACE cream-flogging vixen Carolyn Murphy has turned into a real maneater since her divorce from surfing entrepreneur Jake Schroeder. When Calvin Klein muse Jessica Miller brought her new boyfriend Brandon Boyd, lead singer of post-grunge band Incubus, to Vanity Fair’s Oscar party, they ran into Murphy, who’s a big Incubus fan. Not long after, Murphy made sure the much younger Miller was out of the picture and has been bedding down with Boyd ever since."

The surfer dude did not go away quietly though - as Pagesix.com reported on May 16th 2003: MODEL, EX IN CUSTODY STRUGGLE - SUPERMODEL Carolyn Murphy's ex-husband says the Estee Lauder beauty is a "snobby little bitch" who won't let him see their kid. But her side claims he's the one who hasn't lived up to his obligations, and she's hired a lawyer to protect her rights. Murphy, who sprang out of a trailer park in the Florida panhandle to become one of the industry's top-earning models, and Jake Schroeder, a self-styled entrepreneur she divorced a year and a half ago, have a 21/2-year-old daughter, Dylan Blue.

They met in Costa Rica where Schroeder operated a surfing camp and lived in upstate Ulster County after they married. As part of the divorce settlement, Schroeder, who moved back to Costa Rica, got $1 million in cash and real estate. Murphy has moved to Los Angeles where she's been dating Brandon Boyd, frontman for neo-grunge band Incubus.

Schroeder recently remarried. Under the terms of his divorce from Murphy, he has custody of Dylan every other weekend, plus three months in the summer and holidays in even-numbered years. While living in Costa Rica he only saw her on sporadic visits, but he says he just moved back to Washington state to be closer to his daughter — only to find that Murphy won't let him near her.

"She's not letting him see his kid," a friend of Schroeder told PAGE SIX. "She's pretty much telling him he's only a sperm donor, not a father. All he wants to do is see Dylan."

The pal says Murphy, who was just honored at the 25th annual Outstanding Mother Awards, isn't the same woman Schroeder married. "She's turned into a snobby little bitch, dating a rock star, driving a $90,000 Jaguar and living in a $2 million house in Santa Monica," he fumes."

Such DRAMA!

by Anonymousreply 453September 5, 2018 9:42 AM

R453 Someone has an entire blog of those stories about Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 5, 2018 10:29 AM

Murphy is very good in the Barry Levinson film Liberty Heights. She got good reviews too, so I always felt it was odd that she never did another movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455September 5, 2018 10:33 AM

Carolyn Murphy, Jake Schroeder and their daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456September 5, 2018 10:35 AM

Brandon Boyd follows Carolyn Murphy's daughter on Instagram, but not her.

by Anonymousreply 457September 5, 2018 10:39 AM

Yes! Karen Graham was who I couldn't remember.

by Anonymousreply 458September 5, 2018 10:42 AM

R450, I though Rachel Williams had a relationship with Alice Temple but was married to or in a relationship with a man after that, with whom she had a daughter. Don't know anything about her subsequent relationships, if she's not still with the father of her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 459September 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Does anyone follow any of the younger models who are active today? And I don't mean Gigi, Kendall, etc.

by Anonymousreply 460September 5, 2018 11:12 AM

R429 Thanks for finding Annie Morton! I had remembered and loved her look for many years, and that she was definitely an elite but not a very well known model. She came on the scene around the same time as Sharon Stone and Courtney Love were huge and could kind of move effortlessly between the glossy chic and the grunge look.

by Anonymousreply 461September 5, 2018 11:37 AM

[quote][R453] Someone has an entire blog of those stories about Murphy.

That's where I found it, I was trying to remember the cheesy rocker Carolyn was fucking, Brandon Boyd, from that awful band Incubus! I always saw him as the poor man's Chris Cornell! RIP Chris!

Ironically, this dude's father is a former model!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462September 5, 2018 11:42 AM

Carolyn Murphy has a sex tape?! WTF?

by Anonymousreply 463September 5, 2018 11:44 AM

R463 I've seen it. She does this weird naked dance in it where she looks like she's having a seizure and her husband's cock won't stay in her vag when they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 464September 5, 2018 12:01 PM

Which husband, the surfer dude? Didn't she marry some other guy after she broke up with Brandon Boyd? I don't think she married Boyd.

by Anonymousreply 465September 5, 2018 12:04 PM

Bella, Gigi and Kendall are social media models. While Gigi is a good model, she would be more of a Rachel Williams type in the days of the Super. Super adjacent?

Linda was the best of the period. She was just an excellent model, her looks were chameleon like. One moment she could look really Italian/Latin va-va voom and another moment she could look lady of the manor born.

by Anonymousreply 466September 5, 2018 12:18 PM

I was at a fashion event about 15 years ago and Linda was there. Even at that time she had put on a lot of weight and was very out of shape. The weight hadn't yet shifted to her face so in photos she still looked slim. I remember they were discussing a brand of jeans and Linda admitted she couldn't fit into them. I liked her frankness. She also had great hair and skin that was incredibly smooth without a tonne of makeup.

by Anonymousreply 467September 5, 2018 12:26 PM

Bridget Hall had a serious drug problem for a few years. She disappeared to deal with it and her modeling career never really bounced back.

So many of these girls come from poor uneducated families and don't have a life skills to deal with the industry. They are also very young when they're thrown into a world of money, drugs, travel, glamour .... Trish Goff, Bridget Hall, Carolyn Murphy are all described as having come from trailer park or lower middle-class families though they all look like they're from an estate in Greenwich, CT.

by Anonymousreply 468September 5, 2018 1:10 PM

R466, Gigi is a goodish model but certainly not 90s supermodel quality. As you say, she would have been more of a 2nd- or even 3rd-tier model back in the day. The problem with Gigi, in my opinion, is that she tries too hard and she's too derivative - you can literally see her trying to be like Linda Evangelista. Bella is slightly more original but I don't find her physically appealing (I don't mean good looking, but she doesn't have that model aura).

There are plenty of better young models today, but we're never going to have a late 80s/90s supermodel situation again because the whole attitude to what it means to be a woman today is very different from then (e.g. women today are meant to be empowered, not sexy).

by Anonymousreply 469September 5, 2018 1:11 PM

R465 The surfer dude is the only guy Carolyn Murphy ever married. She was with Boyd longer, but never married him. When they were together, she always referred to him as her "partner," rather than "boyfriend."

She dated a photographer a few years ago. I have no idea if they're still together.

by Anonymousreply 470September 5, 2018 1:24 PM

R453 My favorite part: October 6 1999 - Bridal Shower. Boho babe Carolyn Murphy is as flaky as ever. The model-turned-actress married Jack Schroeder in Costa Rica last week, barefoot and in the rain. Presiding over the ceremony was Murphy's spiritual advisor, Aleta St James, whom the model-turned-actress met while swimming with dolphins. No word on which of Murphy's Flipper friends caught the bouquet.

by Anonymousreply 471September 5, 2018 1:26 PM

This is the model, Jessica Miller, Brandon Boyd left for Carolyn Murphy.

She was supposedly a Calvin Klein 'muse' I don't remember her at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472September 5, 2018 1:59 PM

Linda' E's face & girth look to be due to alcohol not steroids as someone suggested.

Steroid use gives you a distinctive moon face & her face doesn't have that.

by Anonymousreply 473September 5, 2018 2:01 PM

R468 Amy Wesson spearheaded that mid-Nineties white trash beauty aesthetic that Kendall and Gigi seem to aspire to. The difference seems to be this newer bunch of models are fueled by the desires and obsessions of their psycho, wealthy pageant moms. Wesson was never taken very seriously as a model though worked plenty and on many prestigious projects in the Nineties, also seems filled with regrets about the choices she made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474September 5, 2018 2:03 PM

R471, that's hysterical. Carolyn sounds like a total flake and seems more than just a little off.

Here's she with her ex-husband and their daughter posing at Kurt, Courtney and Frances Bean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475September 5, 2018 2:04 PM

R474, I found three mugshots of Amy Wesson online.

Apparently she had a very bad coke habit. Tho, in one arrest photo she seemed to have the kind of face scabs crackheads have. I cannot link the mugshots. I get an access denied message.

by Anonymousreply 476September 5, 2018 2:10 PM

R476 I wondered if you just found someone with her same name, but, those are definitely her.

by Anonymousreply 477September 5, 2018 5:01 PM

R472 She was famous for about 5 seconds in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 478September 5, 2018 5:02 PM

Is it the same 3 eldergays who shart the same ol' crap about the same ol' models on a new and long thread every 2 weeks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479September 5, 2018 5:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 5, 2018 5:21 PM

I didn't like her looks; that sneered brow, sort of like Nancy Grace. Oh, and she appeared in that awful George Michael video.

by Anonymousreply 481September 5, 2018 5:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482September 5, 2018 5:25 PM

I get that everyone has different tastes and preferences but it’s pretty obvious to anyone that Linda is top of the tops. Not just her face - it’s her style, presence, overall appeal, and what she represents. She Has IT. End of.

by Anonymousreply 483September 5, 2018 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484September 5, 2018 5:28 PM

Kendell looks like a girl who might win ANTM or come second.

by Anonymousreply 485September 5, 2018 5:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486September 5, 2018 5:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487September 5, 2018 5:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 5, 2018 5:37 PM

I'm more shocked Leila Goldkuhl was on ANTM, not so surprised she was kicked off early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489September 5, 2018 5:38 PM

Pizza face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490September 5, 2018 5:38 PM

frankenmodel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491September 5, 2018 5:44 PM

She actually looked much prettier before the makeover. No model, but she could have been a pretty actress.

by Anonymousreply 492September 5, 2018 5:47 PM

Linda Evangelista = Turnoff

by Anonymousreply 493September 5, 2018 5:59 PM

R476, face scabs is Meth, they scratch themselves.

by Anonymousreply 494September 5, 2018 6:23 PM

There are plenty more young models than these but it's really hard for any of them to get on the cover of American Vogue. I guess this cover will end up as a kind of classic. Of the seven, only three are, in my opinion "real models" (1, 6 and 7).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495September 5, 2018 6:23 PM

Fun interview with Paulina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496September 5, 2018 6:50 PM

Cute extra clip from above interview where Paulina does her “bad impressions” of models of her era... including Linda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497September 5, 2018 6:53 PM

^^^^ love the “Brooke Shields by Avedon Vogue cover”. LOL

by Anonymousreply 498September 5, 2018 7:08 PM

Can we please get back to REAL models & leave the GiGi & Kendall's in the trash heap where they belong.

by Anonymousreply 499September 5, 2018 7:15 PM

I agree r499. How about talking about today's real models, because if we only think of the 90s models as real models and only Gigi, Kendall and Bella as the ones who do modelling today, then we're not helping new real models emerge. Plenty exist.

by Anonymousreply 500September 5, 2018 7:17 PM

For me the issue with Gigi is she isn't womanly. She looks like a teenager dressing up in mom's stuff.

by Anonymousreply 501September 5, 2018 7:22 PM

The current top 50 ranked by number of prestige campaigns in the past 12 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502September 5, 2018 7:23 PM

Paulina is funny there. Obviously does not like Linda. The others are generous caricatures.

by Anonymousreply 503September 5, 2018 7:27 PM

Why are people acting like Bridget Hall never quite caught fire as a model? She dated Leonardo DiCaprio, she had lucrative endorsement deals (including Pepsi), and she landed the cover of the September issue of Vogue when the era of the supermodel had officially been declared dead (2000).

by Anonymousreply 504September 5, 2018 7:28 PM

Interesting R502, thanks

Sorry but Naomi’s walk looks ridiculous now. It looks as mannered and outdated as the old style “floating,” slow style of the ‘50s. I’m kind of embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 505September 5, 2018 9:38 PM

I am Iman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506September 5, 2018 9:48 PM

How sweet r502, Kaia is number 2 and her girlfriend is number 1. Kris Grikaite at number 6 is also a lesbian. Adwoa is a joke.

There's a handful more lesbians and a transwoman in the top 50.

by Anonymousreply 507September 5, 2018 9:55 PM

I fucking love that Iman clip from Sandy. She kills me

by Anonymousreply 508September 5, 2018 10:36 PM

Those Hadid girls should be wearing burkas 24/7... they are so fucking ugly.

And Kendall is the ugliest and most boring of the Kardashi-Jenner whores.

by Anonymousreply 509September 5, 2018 11:06 PM

The Carolyn Murphy tape is still easy to find on line. I'm amazed she or Lauder haven't sued to get it taken down.

by Anonymousreply 510September 5, 2018 11:23 PM

Leonardo dated a lot of random models - not too many supermodels.

Like Kristen Zang:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511September 5, 2018 11:30 PM

R508 do you know the whole bit? It's quite snarky and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 512September 5, 2018 11:49 PM

Leo is a 'modelizer'....and a closet case!

by Anonymousreply 513September 6, 2018 12:08 AM

Here you go R12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514September 6, 2018 12:09 AM

Any model with name recognition was referred to as a supermodel in the early 90s. Good models, but not necessarily super like Elaine Irwin, Jill Goodacre, Carol Alt. Frederique Van Derwal, Rachel Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 515September 6, 2018 12:33 AM

I found her odd looking. But at least she was no Gisele Bundchen.

by Anonymousreply 516September 6, 2018 1:29 AM

Naomi has a walk that’s flawless and timeless...haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 517September 6, 2018 1:36 AM

Yes R512 I actually mistakenly put Iman on my spotify running mix but left it there. I'm the one on the stair mill laughing my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 518September 6, 2018 1:42 AM

I never got the appeal and success of Gisele Bundchen, at all.

First off, she has an obvious nose job. You can see her original nose in her early modeling photos. She has no curves, shapeless legs, not model material at all. How was she ever considered a model, because she's tall? Super models like Linda and Naomi, while thin, still had curvaceous sexy bodies. Linda even had boobs!

Gisele Bundchen has zero sex appeal and hard masculine large jawed face. Not to mention her general bitchy attitude, who did she fuck to make it? She's awful. Were people forced to hire her? Did her Nazi family have dirt on them?

She's as bland as the day is long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519September 6, 2018 1:49 AM

Just because Annie Morton got an interview doesn't NOT make her an obscure model (and I'm well aware of my double negative). House of Style did an entire profile on Leilani Bishop who had a great career but still relatively obscure. Even someone like Roberta Chirko who had a better career than this Annie Morton chick is fairly obscure.

by Anonymousreply 520September 6, 2018 1:52 AM

Gisele used to boast about her supposed curvy body. She’d thrust out a bony hip and deem herself curvaceous...if she were a socialite or a businesswoman I’d call her attractive. But as a model, she’s so much smoke and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 521September 6, 2018 1:55 AM

Loved Patricia Hartmann. Worked steadily in the 90s on runway and print. German but very “versatile”/canvas/chameleon face that works so well in the business - could go girl next door to quite exotic. Did all the major shows with big names.

by Anonymousreply 522September 6, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote]Gisele Bundchen has zero sex appeal and hard masculine large jawed face. Not to mention her general bitchy attitude, who did she fuck to make it?

That’s the million $ question.

She certainly didn’t get a modeling career based on her looks.

by Anonymousreply 523September 6, 2018 2:07 AM

Carla Bruni also grabbed onto the bumper of the supermodel scene for as long as she could

by Anonymousreply 524September 6, 2018 2:12 AM

Just watch the YouTube for Versace’s Spring 1994 show. Clearly the height of the era, I really miss that decade. All the names above were there, Helena even rocked the safety pin dress.

by Anonymousreply 525September 6, 2018 2:17 AM

Naomi’s walk is not timeless or flawless. It worked when she was wearing clothes that conveyed strength and raw sexuality, but she always drew attention away from the clothes and on to herself.

As for Gisele, it was always hilarious when people proclaimed she represented a return to the curvy look (she was skin and bones with relatively large breasts). However, THE supermodels were in the size 5-6 range. Kate Moss ushered in a wave of girls who were size zero, so Gisele was technically curvier at a size 4. Also, in an industry full of bitches and backstabbers, people underestimate how far a professional attitude can carry someone. Gisele, Cindy Crawford, Lauren Hutton, Karli Kloss....none of them were the most beautiful in their era of models. But they were easily the most successful because they’re team players who looked at modeling as a profession, not an entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 526September 6, 2018 8:15 AM

Can someone tell me who the model with the pixie hairstyle is in this clip?

I've been watching lots of videos today & she did all the big name shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 6, 2018 8:36 AM

New York Fashion Week started with the Tom Ford show last night. Some gorgeous models.

by Anonymousreply 528September 6, 2018 10:28 AM

The model with the pixie haircut is Nadège du Bospertus.

Not super models, but they were always working: Georgina Grenville, Debra Shaw, Trish Goff, Chandra North, Claudia Mason, Michele Hicks, Veronica Webb and Kylie Bax.

Tish Goff did have some major ad campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 6, 2018 11:02 AM

Leila Goldkuhl is top 50 and Tyra can't take any credit, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 530September 6, 2018 5:13 PM

"Naomi’s walk is not timeless or flawless. It worked when she was wearing clothes that conveyed strength and raw sexuality, but she always drew attention away from the clothes and on to herself."

R526, this was what ended up being the "problem" with the supermodels, that they became the focus and not the clothes. This is why designers these days want models basically to be clothes hangers (in the nicest possible way) on the runway and not glamorous sex bombs who draw all the attention on to themselves.

This is why I don't like Gigi Hadid on the runway, because she often has this knowing smile and walks in what she thinks is a seductive way, as though she's trying to draw attention to herself. You can't switch off and think of the clothes because you can only see Gigi, whereas even with my favourite models, because they are good, I focus on the clothes.

Designers cast Gigi in shows though because she brings publicity. They should support real models to develop and become famous too (which is not the same as a celebrity).

by Anonymousreply 531September 6, 2018 10:22 PM

The Tom Ford show from yesterday. Beautiful, except for Gigi at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532September 6, 2018 10:24 PM

Tom Ford sucks cocks in hell.

by Anonymousreply 533September 6, 2018 10:28 PM

R519, the "before" pictures of GB look so much like young Claire Danes.

by Anonymousreply 534September 7, 2018 12:42 AM

I always thought Linda looked her best as a blonde or a red head…she had the most beautiful eyes and eyebrows. Though, Brooke Shields had the better eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 535September 7, 2018 12:46 AM

I think Linda Evangelista looks like Sophia Loren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536September 7, 2018 12:50 AM

R529, she looks so much like Phoebe Cates.

by Anonymousreply 537September 7, 2018 12:54 AM

Chameleon-like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538September 7, 2018 12:56 AM

R503, the second Modelina clip at r497 with Paulina talking about her discovery is good too. Shows lots of her shots, and, in her day, that she was the most beautiful....she’s funny and down to earth too...

by Anonymousreply 539September 7, 2018 1:11 AM

I loved the post-supermodel group even more than the supermodels. Maggie Rizer was my favorite..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540September 7, 2018 1:13 AM

Maggie was the model whose, IIRC, step-father robbed her blind. Sad tale.

by Anonymousreply 541September 7, 2018 1:52 AM

R540, ugh, the second 'model' on your Maggie Rizer linked page looks like Lena Dunham. Vomit!

by Anonymousreply 542September 7, 2018 1:54 AM

This thread is all about Linda looking fab!

So take the discussions about all these other nobodies and never-beens to a different thread!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 7, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote]This thread is all about Linda looking fab! So take the discussions about all these other nobodies and never-beens to a different thread!!

You are OBSESSED. Do you have endless photos of Linda all over your walls and furiously masturbate to them?

You must be new around here. DL threads ALWAYS veer a bit off course from the thread's subject.

by Anonymousreply 544September 7, 2018 2:31 AM

I remember Trish Goff still doing the shows well after most of her contemporaries had been put out to pasture. That said, never got her appeal. She was very Ann Taylor (and not the good years).

by Anonymousreply 545September 7, 2018 3:05 AM

R541 Maggie's father was gay and died of AIDS. By her own admission, she harbored a lot of anger and resentment towards him and refused to have a relationship with him for many years. They made peace before he died and she became friends with his partner and is now involved in AIDS related charity work.

I've always suspected that her stepdad played off her father issues.

by Anonymousreply 546September 7, 2018 3:09 AM

And you seem to dense to get the point that we are making, R92. We all KNOW that she has #1 albums, sells tons of tickets, is beautiful and has a rabid fan base. She is hyped beyond belief and is VERY successful. These points are not being debated. What she does NOT have much of are recognizable HITS. In order to drive the point home (I am not sure why it is so confusing) - forget any other comparisons and stick with just Rihanna. Most any person, who lives in any country, who is any age between 12 and 60 yoa can sing along to like 20 or more of her songs. Beyonce has maybe 3 or so that would qualify. Destiny's Child doesn't count (and many of those giant hits are all but forgotten now anyway).

by Anonymousreply 547September 7, 2018 4:59 AM

R547, WRONG thread dearie.

Unless model Nadja Auermann suddenly became a pop singer!

by Anonymousreply 548September 7, 2018 5:10 AM

I agree that Yasmeen Ghuari should have been bigger, part of the Trinity even. She was stunning, and her catwalk was one of the best.

by Anonymousreply 549September 7, 2018 5:11 AM

I always thought it was strange that the era of supermodels ended, but we can't seem to get rid of personal trainers as celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 550September 7, 2018 5:24 AM

R549, face was too big and manly.

by Anonymousreply 551September 7, 2018 5:33 AM

Thank you to whomever gave me the name of model Nadege du Bospertus.

I am now obsessed with her. It's really rare for a woman with a pixie to hold her own against bombshells like Linda, Christy, Naomi, etc..

She's now 50 and is still gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 552September 7, 2018 6:40 AM

R552, I posted Nadège du Bospertus' name. I remembered her.

According to Wiki: "Nadège married an Italian businessman in Milano, where she was scheduled to walk at Milan fashion week. Nadège is friends with fashion designers Azzedine Alaia and Christian Lacroix, who did her wedding dress. Best friend and fellow model at the time, Carla Bruni was her maid of honor at her wedding. Nadège now lives in Milan, and works only on special modeling assignments."

I always wonder if the men these beautiful models marry are good looking. Most models seem to marry very wealthy but unattractive men because they know they have very short lived careers, they seem to marry any rich man. Looks don't seem to be important. Most of these women started modeling so young they never attended college. Many don't have much to fall back on, they make sure to marry some rich guy.

Here she is with her Italian husband. As I expected, he's not much of a looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553September 7, 2018 9:17 AM

He's not that bad looking r553. It's just one of those unfortunate snaps when a paparazzo suddenly jumps out and sticks a camera in your face when you weren't expecting it.

by Anonymousreply 554September 7, 2018 12:33 PM

Met Bridget Hall. Very shy and sweet but surrounded by loud obnoxious types.

by Anonymousreply 555September 7, 2018 12:40 PM

R553

The article you posted has a picture of her husband from when they first met. He was a good looking man back in the day. He's not hideous now. Just older & not in fighting shape.

He legs in those pics are still amazing. I look at current pics of her at 50 and after 3 kids and Turlington in her late 40s after 2 kids and they have obviously exercized religiously & eaten healthy. Their faces are also still beautiful without plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 556September 7, 2018 12:58 PM

Her legs not he legs

by Anonymousreply 557September 7, 2018 12:59 PM

Don’t understand the Naomi haters...she was awesome and although at 48 she’s hit the wall and had stupid, unnecessary plastic surgery, her body is still exquisite.

And Evangelista looks nothing, nothing like Sophia Loren. Her face isn’t nearly as luscious as Sophia’s. And she certainly doesn’t have the voluptuous body.

And Gisele resembles a horse 🐴

by Anonymousreply 558September 7, 2018 5:08 PM

Did Lucky Blue or Sean O'Pry walk for Ford?

by Anonymousreply 559September 7, 2018 6:08 PM

Naomi gets haters because she’s a hater who went to lengths to thwart the careers of others. Karma says she deserves all the bad will she has engendered....

by Anonymousreply 560September 7, 2018 6:41 PM

I believe Maggie Rizet married a very rich man so she’s doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 561September 7, 2018 6:48 PM

In fact, Maggie’s husband, Alex Mehran is very, very, very rich. He’s a great grandson of Thomas Watson, founder of IBM on his mother’s side and an Iranian mogul on his father’s side.

Maggie lives outside SF now and has 4 kids.

by Anonymousreply 562September 7, 2018 7:29 PM

Yasmeen G. is married to a billionaire.

He wasn't one when they first married though.

by Anonymousreply 563September 7, 2018 7:37 PM

No r559, Tom Ford only uses good or currently active models, so neither of those two.

by Anonymousreply 564September 7, 2018 8:35 PM

R553, Nadege and her husband actually seem like a loving couple with a happy home and a nice family. Strange, I know. Their son is pretty cute too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565September 7, 2018 9:03 PM

Because this thread will end soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566September 7, 2018 9:05 PM

Upthread fan loves her so much can't spell her name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567September 7, 2018 9:08 PM

Sandra Bernhard must live in the same building as Linda. She said there is an ex supermodel living in the penthouse who doesn't pay her condo fees. Then she said, she use to be paid 10K just to get out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 568September 7, 2018 9:11 PM

Yasmeen in 2015! Held up beautifully. She had such a lovely hourglass figure. She was a HUGE runway model and very important print campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569September 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Christy Turkingron Burns has indeed had a very subtle facelift . Just not a lot of other obvious work and blown out fillers . She also had a very obvious nose job in the beginning of her career . She’s super healthy and fit and very friendly and down to earth . She’s done very well . Most models have had minor tweaks . Usually nose work or a chin implant, and in later years almost all of them have mini lifts , eyes , Botox, etc . Lots of cheek implants too . It’s just done very well and subtly unlike , say, a Kardashian. The only unfortunate one I can think of is poor Karen Mulder. I know there’s mental illness there too but I don’t blame her for wanting to kill her plastic surgeon .

by Anonymousreply 570September 7, 2018 10:06 PM

^ * Turlington Oops !

by Anonymousreply 571September 7, 2018 10:07 PM

Turlington is fug!

by Anonymousreply 572September 7, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]The article you posted has a picture of her husband from when they first met. He was a good looking man back in the day. He's not hideous now. Just older & not in fighting shape.

I didn't see a photo of the Nadege's husband when he was younger. The older pic of Nadege with the two men, neither was her husband. Sue me, I don't find him attractive. He has a typical boring 'European' face, the type of face I see on Italian and French men.

Her son looks like her.

by Anonymousreply 573September 7, 2018 10:58 PM

Turlington's face reminds me of a turtle face. There's just something weird about it.

by Anonymousreply 574September 7, 2018 11:01 PM

Nadege even looked good with hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575September 7, 2018 11:03 PM

R570

If Christy's had a face lift then I want the doctor's name b/c it's the most natural one I've ever seen.

I watched a recent interview with her on YT & she had on the bare minimum of makeup & her face looked untouched.

by Anonymousreply 576September 7, 2018 11:46 PM

Silly question-

When did the couture houses quit ending their shows with a wedding dress?

Do any of them still do?

by Anonymousreply 577September 7, 2018 11:48 PM

Most of you must realize model look much different in person than in photos and in film clips of their runway work.

Models are much smaller than they look on photos and incredibly thin. I worked on photo shoots, I was mortified at how thin some of these women are in real life. If you think they look slim in photos, they are veering into anorexic territory in real life.

Most models are not naturally thin, Before the shots they'd be sitting around puffing away on cigarettes. I remember one photographer complaining about the smoke, he wasn't a smoker and was extremely annoyed. Many of these models did get into taking drugs to stay so thin. Sure they make great money, get to travel, wear gorgeous clothes, meet interesting people, but a lot of them are not happy.

by Anonymousreply 578September 7, 2018 11:52 PM

If Turlington had a nose job, it’s not a very good one. Evangelista could have used a subtle rhinoplasty...

by Anonymousreply 579September 7, 2018 11:55 PM

Is Nadege biracial or is she just well tanned? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 580September 8, 2018 12:02 AM

Didn't you mean "Evangebeasta?" It's far more fitting.

by Anonymousreply 581September 8, 2018 12:07 AM

[quote]If Turlington had a nose job, it’s not a very good one. Evangelista could have used a subtle rhinoplasty...

WRONG!

Linda’s nose shape is distinctive and adds considerably to the character of her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 8, 2018 12:09 AM

Turlington’s nose, on the other hand... is meh.

It’s dull and boring, like everything else about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 8, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote]Is Nadege biracial or is she just well tanned? Asking for a friend.

I think she's part African.

by Anonymousreply 584September 8, 2018 12:17 AM

That French article about Nadege refers to her as an “ancien mannequin.” That seems a but harsh! “Here’s your coat, you ANCIENT MANNEQUIN!”

by Anonymousreply 585September 8, 2018 12:27 AM

Evangebeasta has unevenly shaped nostrils (one much larger than the other) with a huge, down-hanging tip. She owes it to her parental Italian ancestors. At least, she's "talented" enough to hide the asymmetry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586September 8, 2018 12:31 AM

Christy claimed to have the bump on her nose due to a sports accident. The tip does look slightly shaved but like Linda it just adds to her sculptured look. Naomi IRL is something unreal - the body is insane.

Gisele was discovered by Jon Casablancas if you’re wondering who she slept with to become an overnight success .

Linda was the shit back in the day. You would buy harpers and Vogue just to see what she’d done. What her hair colour would be. I don’t think it’s a coincidence the decline in buzz around the industry and magazines sales. It’s ridiculous to say they distracted from the clothes. We’re still talking about Versace shows from decades ago due to the supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 587September 8, 2018 12:36 AM

Oh, dear god. ! And the hideous down hanging tip... She has fucking elderly Uncle Luigi's nose! She could practically be a hook-billed parrot that could crack walnuts with that beak! And it's only going to get worse as she ages, as cartilage in the nose, ears, and feet grow with age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588September 8, 2018 12:36 AM

I disagree, r582. Her other features are so good as to compensate for her nose. In my opinion, her overall look would be improved from a subtle nose job. That said, she was good at disguising it with angles. (Or the photographer was)

by Anonymousreply 589September 8, 2018 12:39 AM

R589, wrong. Her look would be generic and dull with an “altered” nose. Much like Turlington’s.

by Anonymousreply 590September 8, 2018 12:48 AM

Nadege is still a very attractive woman but she needed to moisturize a lot more. Her skin is wrinkly and dry looking. Her body still looks amazing but her age does show in her face. Wonder if she was/is a smoker, smokers always age poorly. Wrinkles over the lips are another tell-tale sign of smoking.

by Anonymousreply 591September 8, 2018 1:00 AM

Linda's nose is actually small, a nose job might give her dreaded the skeleton nose. She simply has a very odd tip, which actually made her look unique. She's extremely photogenic and that's what it's all about in modeling. Most people would be shocked to see what these models look like in person.

It would take truly amazing plastic surgeon to tweak her nose to fix the odd tip and large nostrils.

btw, Linda is 100% Italian. Her Italian parents emigrated to Canada. I worked with a moron who argued, "She must be part Irish, German or British, Italians aren't that good looking." This guy was so damn ignorant he had no clue there were actually blue/green eyed and light haired Italians and Hispanics! H was utterly clueless.

by Anonymousreply 592September 8, 2018 1:06 AM

How many people help each model change clothes for a runway show.

I watched a Valentino show this afternoon. Christy & Naomi each wore 12 outfits in a 33 minute show.

These weren't simple changes either = shoes/boots, stockings, jewelry, purse, dress, coats.

Then they saunter in the runway mere moments later w/o a hair out of place & calm, cool & collected

WTH??

by Anonymousreply 593September 8, 2018 1:47 AM

Contemporary Chanel shows have one model per outfit. The shows ends with the entire collection parading down the runway. It’s nice, actually. You get to see each piece individually, then everything together.

by Anonymousreply 594September 8, 2018 2:36 AM

I love a Roman nose. Linds has a perfect one.

by Anonymousreply 595September 8, 2018 2:46 AM

She’s fab! George Michael obviously thought so back in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 596September 8, 2018 3:10 AM

“That French article about Nadege refers to her as an “ancien mannequin.” That seems a but harsh! “Here’s your coat, you ANCIENT MANNEQUIN!””

I think it means “former” model.

by Anonymousreply 597September 8, 2018 3:22 AM

Hat for days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598September 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Tilberis chose Linda's best covers, whether at UK Vogue or US Bazaar.

by Anonymousreply 599September 8, 2018 3:39 AM

5,832 views of this thread in only eight days. Bravo, OP!

by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2018 3:42 AM

r527, the exotic Nadège du Bospertus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601September 8, 2018 1:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!