Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do You Think Marilyn Monroe Was Murdered?

After watching a few documentaries on Marilyn Monroe's death, the most suspicious details are that she died in the guesthouse and her body was moved into her bedroom. The position of her body appeared posed. She died around midnight, but no one was called for over three hours. Her housekeeper, Eunice Murray, was doing laundry at 4am when police arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2019 2:23 AM

No. I think she was like every other druggie...she over did it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2018 12:34 AM

No pills in her stomach either. She was given a hot dose in her enema. Was it an accident? or un purpose?

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2018 12:42 AM

The doctor was careless, he probably did not know what else she had in her system. Marilyn and Michael Jackson, similar deaths.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2018 12:49 AM

Marlon Brando claimed that she was murdered (that's what he told Illeana Douglas, she writes about it in her memoir).

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2018 12:53 AM

The same people who did Marilyn did Dorothy Kilgallen. Again with the unnatural body pose. It’s like they knew one bad technique.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2018 12:53 AM

I think Robert Kennedy distracted the housekeeper,which probably wasn't very difficult, while Peter Lawford or whomever went with Marilyn to the guest house and gave her the enema

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2018 12:56 AM

After 56 years I don't think we'll ever know. Very sloppy with her personal life (drugs, booze) but became an enemy of the Kennedy brothers.

In her last movie, "The Misfits", she told co-star Montgomery Clift that he was the only person she had met who was in worse shape than her.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2018 1:12 AM

Hot off his big success of Ben Hur, Charlton Heston was offered the male lead in "Let's Male Love" with Marilyn Monroe, but Lawrence Olivier told him she was a nightmare to work with, so instead he did a big production play directed by Olivier which flopped and closed in less than a week's time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2018 1:18 AM

No. Don't be silly.

She'd been dependent on pills for years and years, that's what happens to pillheads.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2018 1:19 AM

r8 tell me more about "Let's Male Love"...

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2018 1:20 AM

YES.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2018 1:27 AM

Interesting breakdown of the last hours of Marilyn's death on Hard Copy from 1992

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2018 1:27 AM

Monroe and Montand did in fact make love. Yves(Really Ivo as he was originally from Italy)was the father of Monroe's baby.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2018 1:29 AM

Without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2018 1:30 AM

Overdose on Nembutal and Chloral Hydrate. She may have tried to phone for help but the toxins had overtaken her.

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2018 1:32 AM

Fidelity ain't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote] but became an enemy of the Kennedy brothers.

You spelled enema wrong.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2018 1:43 AM

R10 Charlton Heston was seriously considering doing the Let's Make Love movie with Monroe and then he had a meeting with Lawrence Olivier who told him that he worked with Monroe in The Prince And The Showgirl and was terrible to work with. He then very quickly decided to turn down the movie and do a play which Olivier offered him the lead in. Although the play was a flop he learned a lot from the great actor Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2018 1:44 AM

Sounds like a lot of crazy shit went on in Lake Tahoe, where it seems like she was probably drugged and gangbanged.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2018 1:45 AM

Joseph Kennedy had her rubbed out because she threatened to spill the beans about having sex with President Kennedy and Robert Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2018 3:25 AM

No I dont. The people that were proven to be with her on Saturday the 4th of Aug were Pat Newcomb, Dr Greenson, and Eunice Murray her housekeeper. Pat left at 5 00 PM, Greenson said he left around 7 00 pm.......Mrs Murray was spending the nite. Eunice gave conflicting stories about that night for the rest of her life and was never under oath.

I believe the theory that Greenson prescribed a chloral hydrate sleeping medication to put Marilyn into a deep sleep. She had gotten no sleep friday nite, despite oral medications for sleep. TO guarantee sleep, it had to administered either by injection or another means, directly into the bloodstream. Greenson NEVER gave the medications directly. Her internist was unavailable that night so Greenson chose an enema with the chloral hydrate in the mixture as the method. He wasnt going to administer this directly obviously to a female patient, so he gave precise instructions to Murray to do it after his departure.

SHe either got the doseage wrong or the doseage interacted badly with the nembutal Marilyn had been taking all day long off and on to calm her nerves. It was an extremely emotional day as it was Murrays last day on the job and MM was also terminating her therapy with Greenson. Greenson apparently missed the fact his patient was somewhat already under the influence of the nembutal and the 2 drugs have a terrible interraction as together they increase the effects dramatically. So it was an accident due to lack of communication and extreme carelessness and probably malpractice on the part of Greenson/

The Kennedy s had nothing to do with it and no motive. Marilyn s life was on the upswing. She had been re assigned to somethings got to give and also signed for a follow up movie with fox for A LOT more $. SHe was rumoured to be about to remarry Dimaggio. She had just bought a new house and was almost done rehabbing it. SHe wasnt depressed. It also wasnt an accident on Marilyns part. She had an acute knowledge of sleeping medications as well as medications in general, and she knew perfectly her tolerance for medications. She probably didnt know about the potential deadly interractions of nembutal and chloral hydrate however. I dont know that she even thought the enema being given was anything but a normal enema she took upon occasion.

Eunice doing laundry at all hrs that nite probably makes sense as the enema was expelled as Marilyn was dying in bed and there was probably a huge mess to clean up and staging to do. Eunice was doing the laundry to destroy evidence and the police couldnt be called until the crime scene was cleaned up.

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2018 3:57 AM

The Kennedy's had a BIG MOTIVE to silence her. If she spilled the beans about the Kennedy brothers fucking her it would have ruined their political careers.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2018 4:24 AM

The pictures of her house taken that day show that her house was sparsely furnished.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2018 4:26 AM

R21, No motive?! MM had taken to calling RFK at his office! She had threatened the brothers with an imminent press conference to tell all!

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2018 4:37 AM

no. i think she had a borderline personality and killed herself either intentionally or accidentally.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2018 4:39 AM

All of her interviews reveal her to be very insecure and introspective. It's hard to believe she would actually have gone through with a press conference talking about having sex with a married President of the United States and his brother, while sandbagging her own career and reputation. She may have made a comment or threat, but doubtful she had any real intention of saying anything and bringing upon herself a crushing media avalanche.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2018 4:43 AM

Practically every documentary about her death references the days before she spent with Frank Sinatra, Peter Lawford and other men in Lake Tahoe, being the only women.

Does anyone have details about what went on there?

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2018 4:47 AM

She was a fat slut who got what she deserved, murder or not.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2018 4:58 AM

The Kardashians are fatter sluts than she was.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2018 5:00 AM

Photos of Marilyn's house taken the day she died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2018 5:03 AM

I don't think it was suicide or murder but a terrible tragic accidental death, like most drug addicts eventually have.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2018 5:03 AM

Who got her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2018 5:04 AM

It's like JFK's death--the evidence never adds up, there are too many sleazy, lying people involved....certainly the Kennedy's were somehow involved--the autopsy samples and her "little red book" (her diary) that vanished, the way her housekeeper and her pal Pat Newcomb--who both knew what really happened--were whisked off for a two-month vacation to Europe, paid for by the Kennedys...She was messing with Bobby Kennedy, and no one would want to tangle with him. It certainly wasn't suicide. R21 has a plausible scenario, but why the clumsy--though successful--efforts to hide evidence and shut people up?

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2018 5:08 AM

My very good friend is a massive MM fan, goes to conventions, etc. I asked her for her theory of MM's death and she says it was an accidental overdose, like r21 says. In fact, if r21's first initial is E. I believe him (I met an E. who guided us on a tour and gave us a "Hometown Girl' tour booklet; we posed for pics outside the 12305 5th Helena property).

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2018 5:13 AM

There is a lot of evidence that Robert Kennedy did visit her home the night she died, and it is mentioned in every documentary on her death.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2018 5:17 AM

whether she intended to yap about the kennedys has NO bearing on the possibility someone would have her murdered to make she she never spoke about them......

I always felt she was taken out for sure...... there were just too many odd things about her death, the scene, how long was waited before the so called authorities were called ( too long) and lots of other things.......

I don't know if Michael was murdered per se but that idiot so called MD was definitely at fault for his death....guy was an irresponsible asshole who had no biz being his or anyone's MD.

Tragic losses, both.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2018 5:21 AM

Bizarre that Marilyn's house was so close to Nicole Brown Simpson's.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2018 5:34 AM

Oh please! Back then ladies did not talk and even if they did, no one would print it. The Kennedy's had nothing to fear from Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2018 5:54 AM

You Republicans never stop making up lies.

Deal with your own scandals, there are many.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2018 5:55 AM

Monty was a mess. How can one person be so crazy?

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2018 5:57 AM

Yes, I think she was..... a horrible loss.

A life too short......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2018 6:05 AM

[quote]Who's Naive, Kay?

When I read that, my brain immediately superimposed Marilyn's face on Diane Keaton's body, and now I am stuck with an image of Pacino emoting at the hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2018 6:13 AM

Some people actually think that Marilyn Monroe had lesbian encounters with First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy. Bizarre, right?! Well, let’s explore the line of reasoning just for fun.

It’s a fact that Marilyn Monroe had an affair with JFK, and his brother RFK. Many think that Jackie was a poor victim in all of this. But in reality, she had extramarital affairs as well and partook in drug use courtesy of the infamous Dr. Feelgood. So some people like to believe that Jackie hopped into bed with Marilyn as a revenge hook-up against JFK. Others think that Marilyn seduced Jackie to spite JFK, or simply because she has a penchant for bedding beautiful, famous women. It has been reported that the two women did have secret meetings, so who’s to say what really went on behind closed doors? After all, Jackie was known for being frosty toward men. She and JFK didn’t share a bedroom in the White House. And she didn’t even kiss second husband, Aristotle Onassis, during their wedding ceremony. So who knows what little Miss Prissy was really into?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2018 6:38 AM

[quote]Her housekeeper, Eunice Murray, was doing laundry at 4am when police arrived.

Why on earth would someone need to do laundry at fucking 4:00 in the morning?

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2018 7:01 AM

R44 when your client is dead in the other room

by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2018 7:10 AM

The simplest and likelieat explanation I ever heard is from a biographer who did some research and found that two of the meds she was taking at the time can cause lethal arrythmias if taken together, send that this was not known at the time.

Funny how this scenario never gained any traction with her fans and conspiracy theorists, people would literally rather believe she was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2018 7:22 AM

Monroe is one of many celebrity figures, before and after her death, that overdosed on barbiturates. Some are suicides, others are accidental. I tend to believe Monroe's demise was basically accidental, and she was too impacted by what she had already consumed throughout the day and early night, her judgment lost count and she became completely careless. As noted in earlier posts, mixing significant amounts of Chloral Hydrate with the major amounts of Nembutal in her system, proved fatal. Her psychiatrist and internal medicine physician are more than just partly responsible for the tragic outcome.

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2018 6:48 PM

Those old-school barbituates like Nembutal and Seconal were often lethal. Lots of people overdosed on those back in those days.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2018 6:52 PM

Too bad she didn't catch Ronald Reagan when he dated her.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2018 7:27 PM

She was a mentally-ill, drug-addled movie star who accidentally overdosed. She was never delusional enough to believe Robert Kennedy would ever marry her...and she had been friends with JFK since the early 50s...She would never have exposed her relationships with them....So why would anyone want to kill her? Who in their right mind would share privilaged information of any sort with an unstable entertainer? Mafia men? The Kennedy's? No one. If anything, all her friends just said "Oh, Marilyn, knock it off" the one time they should have rushed right over.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2018 7:50 PM

Her uglier twin sister did it and planned on taking her place! Except her twin was born with a penis and couldn't sing.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2018 7:59 PM

R21’s breakdown makes the most sense.

Some (well, very few) conspiracy theories are believable, this Marilyn Was Murdered one isn’t.

Sad story, though.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2018 8:06 PM

The site you linked to R43, too funny. I'm not going to take the word of a site that is not reputable.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2018 10:09 PM

Nowadays young actors, musicians and celebrities die all the time at home in bed.

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2018 8:40 AM

No. You don't have to murder someone who routinely mixes pills and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2018 9:02 AM

They work quicker, r55.

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2018 9:29 AM

There are so many strange, questionable deaths in the 60s

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2018 3:55 AM

In 1962, would anyone have actually reported that the president was having an affair with a movie star (or anybody else)? I thought there was a code of silence about stuff like that at the time, at least as far as the White House was concerned.

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2018 4:10 AM

I do.

But I think she would have overdosed on her own within the next few years, anyway.

She was not a well woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2018 4:51 AM

[quote]r23 The pictures of her house taken that day show that her house was sparsely furnished.

She had bought it not long ago. And she'd been busy filming a movie, mostly, during her time in it.

She wasn't an overly materialistic person, in that she didn't have big collections of furniture, art, and jewelry. She had books and clothes.

This interior of her Connecticut farm with Arthur Miller isn't overly "done." either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote] Why on earth would someone need to do laundry at fucking 4:00 in the morning?

Perhaps because it's cooler

[quote] Do You Think Marilyn Monroe Was Murdered?

How could you think a good friend of Joe and Roy would do such a thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2018 5:23 AM

That's not Roy Cohn. Anybody know who it is?

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2018 4:51 PM

Yes, of course. She was an illuminati sacrifice. Just like Superman, Pier Angelli, and countless others. Henrix. Janis Joplin. Brittney Murphy.

Let's hope Ryan Gosling is next on the illuminati hit list!

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2018 5:45 PM

She would have major security today and everything would have been captured on cellphones

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2018 4:35 AM

As a matter of fact I do, AND I know exactly who did it.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2018 4:52 AM

They interviewed the ambulance doctor who arrived at the scene first, he maintained she was offed.

I think the Kennedy's did her in because she wanted to spill the beans about their affairs with her.

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2018 5:08 AM

R38, OMG, how naive can you BE?! Marilyn was not exactly a stable personality at that time! "Ladies...."? This was the start of the Swinging 60s!

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2018 5:29 AM

Marilyn Monroe. Say it.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2018 5:52 AM

[bold]#TrustNoBitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2018 6:16 AM

Frank Sinatra and Joe DiMaggio broke into the wrong apartment searching for Marilyn at 8122 Waring at Kilkea in West Hollywood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2018 6:21 AM

Was that the night Frank yelled 'They're all a bunch of lesbians.'

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2018 8:07 AM

This is a pretty good documentary with eyewitnesses and evidence placing Marilyn's psychiatrist Ralph Greenson, and Robert Kennedy at the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2019 3:53 AM

Yes. She was murdered. Those were the days when women were expendible. Just make them look totally crazy, then off them. The mess of THE MISFITS was blamed on her, when really it was John Huston's gambling and Arthur Miller's failed writing and rewriting that sank the production. Joe Kennedy would have done it and had the connections. Anything to protect his boys and the legacy Joe wanted.

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2019 4:07 AM

Yes but I don't know whodunnit. Some lackey paid an acceptable sum, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2019 4:09 AM

Her sister is still alive. She just turned 100 a couple of months ago.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2019 4:27 AM

I would never, ever have wanted to see Marilyn at 100.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2019 4:30 AM

No. But Do YouThink Marilyn Munster Was Adopted?

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2019 8:35 AM

I don't think she was murdered. You'd count on an enema to do the job? A bit like thinking you just had to chase a Mercedes into a tunnel.

On the other hand I do think Marilyn Munster was adopted and I'm not ashamed to say it.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2019 10:02 AM

No she overdosed as chronic drug users often do. And I don't believe she was the philosopher many of her ardent fans make her out to be either. A moderately intelligent woman but mentally ill and not particularly insightful. The Marilyn obsession continues to baffle me. Nothing about her image, personality or life is particularly fascinating to me. It seemed in the early to mid 2000s , a different biopic was being released about her weekly. There were so many truly fascinating and glamorous stars of the classic Hollywood era who haven't been given one biopic . Why does Monroe need dozens?

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2019 10:10 AM

The Death of Marilyn Monroe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2019 2:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!