Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NBC's Manifest

Here is the official thread. This looks like some good shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 12, 2021 7:20 AM

Agree with reservations. It appears to be the only new network show that looks interesting, but what are the odds they settle for making it into "Lost" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2018 1:18 AM

I will probably check it out, but it is most likely something that works better as a mini-series or two shorter seasons. On a superficial level, I don't suppose they can somehow work it so Dallas is wearing his old Prince Charming costume or at least leather pants (although his non-Charming pants/jeans were usually pretty tight as well..

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2018 1:28 AM

This isn't one of those shill threads, is it?

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2018 1:34 AM

I hope they have a plan and stick to it. And Josh Dallas better be naked.

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2018 12:27 PM

Looks good for maybe two, three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2018 5:12 PM

They just said "goddamn" on NBC. Don't recall any of the big 3 networks going there before.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2018 2:25 AM

I'm watching "The Good Doctor." How is "Manifest"? Is it worth catching up with later?

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2018 2:29 AM

Can you imagine disappearing in 2013 and then landing in 2018 to having Trump as your president, having racists run amuck and being the bitch of the Russians? Talk about harsh.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2018 2:31 AM

5 years? That's it?

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2018 2:31 AM

So how was it?

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2018 3:02 AM

I haven't watched it yet and I will watch it on On Demand this week. But it seems like a ripoff of Lost. I hope it is not that complicated. It would have been better if they had been flying around for 50 years though.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2018 3:02 AM

I think they're also repeating it on Friday night.

Seems just like an extended episode of "Twilight Zone." Not saying it's not good (I haven't watched it yet) but don't know how they're going to stretch this out over a whole season, let alone five years should it be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2018 3:12 AM

First episode was interesting. I won't spoil it but it's not really like lost. There weren't any flashbacks to the life before. You find out about everyone's past real time and it's pretty straightforward that they return a bit changed.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2018 3:13 AM

I watched it...I think it was the Greys.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2018 3:17 AM

The pilot was pretty good. But they always have a hard time sustaining these types of shows.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2018 3:21 AM

I’m not sure where it’s heading. It’s not the happiest of the shows, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2018 3:25 AM

[quote]The pilot was pretty good. But they always have a hard time sustaining these types of shows.

The networks have tried so many of these high-concept shows over the years, most of which crashed and burned after about a half-season ("Flash Forward," "The Invasion," "The Event," to name but a few) but it only takes one to finally hit big (like "Lost") to make all the duds worth the effort.

When you think about it, though, it's actually a good thing -- there are only so many doctor, cop and lawyer shows one can watch before you start to desire something completely different.

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2018 3:32 AM

If they commit to a show like this, it should be a short, tight season. Not 20+ episodes.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2018 3:42 AM

They have a Bible quoting mother? Did I stumble on Christian Broadcasting by accident?

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2018 3:53 AM

Networkso are greedy. 22 episodes. It they could they would program even in the summer r19

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2018 3:54 AM

Remember “The Dome”?

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2018 4:03 AM

Yes I do R21. I was trying to remember what TV show this reminded me of and bingo, The Dome.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2018 4:51 AM

There's not enough spooky stuff.

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2018 5:39 AM

After that failed 4400 rip-off, The Crossing, I am surprised they try another one of these type of family drama, mystery sy fy shows.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2018 7:55 AM

Looks like a LOST ripoff. I give it a season.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2018 12:34 PM

It does remind me a lot of The Dome, which I felt had a strong start but then got lame. Hopefully when they pitched this, they had more substance for future seasons.

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2018 2:01 PM

Reviews have been awful.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2018 2:03 PM

The Dome started off fantastic but then went downhill.

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2018 2:30 PM

I thought t had a good story line but I can see it is going to be dragged out. I kept looking at the time to see if it was almost over. I agree that it would have been great as a short mini series where we know we are eventually going to find out what happened instead of waiting several seasons or it just ending because no one is watching.

I love programs like the The Sinner because you know the end is coming in the 10 episodes. Then a different story line starts but with some of the same characters. Also when a good program is coming to the end you don't want it to end so having a new story keeps it going. I find that these short stories hold my attention far better than these dragged out, season after season programs.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2018 2:40 PM

I like the premise, but I was unimpressed with the execution.

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2018 2:46 PM

Any reson why the former fiance cop would have two different last names? On the show he's called Jared Vasquez, on the show's site he's listed as Jared Williams and on IMDB as both. Just sloppiness?

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2018 3:04 PM

No thanks. I didn't even bother. So dumb. Why do they waste money and shit like this?

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2018 3:06 PM

Well the show is considered a ratings winner based on overnights.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2018 3:11 PM

The production quality is pretty low. Some bad continuity issues here and there. Just overall disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2018 3:14 PM

I started laughing out loud when the sister chick kept whipping around that junkyard lot every time she heard "Set them free!" Also, anyone who didn't see that she was going to find the missing girls from about a mile away...

I'll stick with it for a couple of episodes to see where things are going. I want to see the sister confront her former best friend who is now married to her former fiancé.

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2018 4:00 PM

Yes the case of the week with the missing girls was far too obvious and a bit of a waste of a pilot storyline. I assume each episode will feature one of the different 191 passengers as a guest star, while the main family and the doctor remain the focus?

I thought the premise was promising and glad the didn’t stay in government holding for long. I will easily continue watching.

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2018 7:56 PM

At least this garbage is a relatively fresh idea and not a rehash like Magnum PI and Murphy Brown and Will and Grace and the rest

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2018 8:17 PM

I don't know if that's saying something about Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory (which I saw before the first episode of Manifest) but I the biggest laugh I had today was watching the show in the scene where the leading lady reacts to the news of her mom being dead.

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2018 5:38 PM

Magnum was really bad, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2018 5:42 PM

I don't get the ending of the pilot. They were all called to the hanger to watch their plane explode?

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2018 11:56 PM

Just watched it. Thought it was interesting, maybe worth another couple of viewings, but doubt I stick with it after that.

I agreed with one critic's assessment, which is that out of a plane filled with almost 200 passengers, the series is only going to focus on this boring brother and sister every week? Perhaps not (we'll have to wait and see) but so not a smart choice if that ends up being the case.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]I hope they have a plan and stick to it. And Josh Dallas better be naked.

Naked? On prime time network TV?

This must be a joke. Though, it was pretty funny today, MSNBC tried to keep censoring Janelle Monae's singing "fuck" every five seconds in a few on her songs she performed at the Global Citizen concert. It was hilarious, no sooner they *bleeped' out a 'fuck', there was another one right behind! Janelle's performance was great. In fact, the entire show has been quite entertaining. It's still on in case anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2018 12:57 AM

Mmm, yes, I am definitely down for some naked Josh Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2018 12:59 AM

This is the dopest concept for a primetime show I've seen in some time. Melodrama and all, this shit looks good. I will be tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2018 1:15 AM

r11, Nah I disagree. I think that amount time would make the show too sci-fi and the emotional punch would be lost because so much what have to be focused on how much of the world has changed. 5 years is perfect because it introduces aa supernatural or sci-fi twist while still rooting it in reality.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2018 1:18 AM

The NBC voiceover is crowing that the show got the highest ratings of the week. Good for them - now just make sure you keep the show interesting enough so viewers want to keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2018 9:04 PM

the guy from magnum is sexy but i still won't watch it

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2018 4:46 PM

The actress playing the lead is really unattractive -- especially those caterpillar eyebrows. And I haven't heard of a single person in the cast. A show like this needs at least one fairly well-known actor/actress--even if it's just in a supporting role.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2018 11:01 PM

So how was the second episode?

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2018 5:03 AM

R48, Josh Dallas is a big star. You somehow missed those 134 eps he did of OUAT?

The second episode was decent. A problem I have is that you can predict everything involving the case of the week a million miles away. The ongoing mystery stuff is much better.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2018 11:04 AM

r50 Yes, I missed every single one of them. OUAT was never a huge pop-culture success.

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2018 4:22 PM

Manifest is a wild sex club in Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2018 4:26 PM

Still not spooky. Just tedious.

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2018 4:37 PM

How many episodes until Daddy gets it on with son's cancer doctor?

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2018 10:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing R54. I'm actually enjoying the show, but I don't know how long they can go with the premise. I hate when something seems unfinished and it did with the dogs and the girls. Why did he kidnap the girls? The dogs obviously were docile, what happened to them?

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2018 2:55 AM

R55, you can’t get hung up on the details of the case of the week. Just like this week’s case, we never found out much about the son who robbed the jewelry shop. Why did he do it? Wouldn’t he inherit the store anyway? Was he in financial trouble and needed money ASAP?

None of it matters. You solve the case of the week and move on to next week’s.

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2018 3:59 AM

Hopefully they will resolve the issues I had R56 in later episodes. I know what you are saying, but, like I said it is unfinished. I just don't see them revisiting. Maybe I need to step back and look at the picture they are trying to paint.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2018 4:07 AM

[quote]Hopefully they will resolve the issues I had in later episodes.

SPOILER ALERT: They won't.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2018 12:29 PM

I hope we find out that there's a really stupid reason why the plane disappeared for 5 years.

I enjoy the sassy black flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 59October 5, 2018 10:17 PM

Of course is a network show. It's trite and jejune. Could've been cutting edge TV back in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2018 10:25 PM

So when is it on?

by Anonymousreply 61October 5, 2018 10:34 PM

I give it til December.

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2018 10:50 AM

I didn't hate it, which surprises me. I couldn't stand Lost, and probably didn't bother with any of the other shows you're citing.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2018 11:03 AM

Josh Dallas's voice sounds just like some other actor's. Does anyone know who I mean?

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2018 11:05 AM

So where were they?

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2018 11:21 AM

Great premier but believe it has already run out of steam. Reminds me of how Salvation began quite strong, then just fizzled out. I may watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2018 11:31 AM

Josh Dallas is so hot. Shirtless scenes please.

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2018 11:33 AM

There are also some elements of Sens8, or should I say Sens828.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2018 8:44 AM

[quote]Any reson why the former fiance cop would have two different last names? On the show he's called Jared Vasquez, on the show's site he's listed as Jared Williams and on IMDB as both. Just sloppiness?

I doubt it’s sloppiness, especially on IMDB, and I have a feeling we will find out in future episodes.

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2018 9:49 AM

Who is playing the role of Grace's new boyfriend/husband? I hope he is as hot as Josh Dallas and Jared.

by Anonymousreply 70October 8, 2018 10:48 AM

They all wear too much makeup. Even the men are rouged and lipsticked like they are doing Moliere in community theater.

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2018 1:17 PM

Are we ever going to meet him, r70, or will he be tossed away like yesterday’s newspaper?

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2018 1:22 PM

I have a solution: throuples -tons of them! The brother and sister leads couldn’t possibly have been the only ones in that whole flight who got replaced by their spouses or significant others.

Another thing we could see from space was that it was not going to end well for that obnoxious woman who demanded sodium-free snacks. They worked so hard at making her unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2018 1:25 PM

COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC because they handed out peanuts on the plane. Airlines don't do that anymore! I lost all sense of belief at that point.

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2018 12:56 AM

Well R74, they boarded 5 years ago and they served peanuts then.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2018 1:30 AM

It’s true that in 2013 an airline could still have been serving peanuts. The show is taking place in the present, not five years in the future.

by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2018 1:33 AM

They probably threw that line in as a cue to a different era, like a restaurant hostess asking if someone wants “smoking or non-smoking”.

by Anonymousreply 77October 9, 2018 1:33 AM

Yeah, I got that after they revealed the flight was actually in 2013. Was a jarring detail. Although it would have been funny if the children had suddenly developed deathly peanut allergies because they didn't exist in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2018 1:50 AM

I thought last night was better than the second episode. The case of the week was more integrated into the ongoing plot, but the reveal that it was the housekeeper was especially disappointing. Also, why throw in that the husband was running businesses with illegals and abusing them, only to have no resolution?

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2018 1:39 PM

The twin kid with the disease is a terrible actor.

The brother dad is super cute.

by Anonymousreply 80October 9, 2018 3:49 PM

Is this show the most interracial thing ever or is it just me? Every couple seems to be mixed race.

by Anonymousreply 81October 9, 2018 3:49 PM

Wait, the cop in the flashback from 5 years ago said she was calling UBER! But Uber wasn't around in 2013, at least not that widespread. BAD WRITING! FLAW!!! Illusion ruined!!

by Anonymousreply 82October 9, 2018 3:53 PM

Uber was founded in 2009, and it was certainly already thriving in New York by 2013.

by Anonymousreply 83October 9, 2018 8:52 PM

Illusion ruined!!!!

by Anonymousreply 84October 9, 2018 8:56 PM

It’s turning into a cop procedural with a dash of sci-fi.

by Anonymousreply 85October 9, 2018 9:10 PM

Interesting premise but seems like it'd play itself out very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 86October 9, 2018 9:19 PM

Pilot episode was quite well done. Very intriguing premise. I enjoyed it a lot. However, I could also easily have dropped it right there and been satisfied.

But since it is the best new series I've seen this year, I figured I would give the second episode a shot. It was rather dull. And very dark, both in terms of tone and lighting. I was fairly bored, but made it through to the end of the episode.

Had already scheduled the third episode to record, so I have that in my DVR. Was planning to delete it, but someone upthread said the third episode was better than the second. So, maybe I'll give it a try.

As many have said, I don't see how this premise can sustain itself over a 22 episode season. Seems like it should have been done as an 8 or 10 episode miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 87October 10, 2018 5:30 AM

I like the show so far. I won't miss it if it gets cancelled but I'll keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 88October 10, 2018 5:32 AM

[quote]The twin kid with the disease is a terrible actor.

There’s terrible acting pretty much all around. The lead girl and her Julia Roberts wannabe trembly voice to indicate upset, The Dallas Posturing, the wife’s permanent wince, Jared’s frozen soap opera acting techniques (he even has a cliché soap name!), ... only the older daughter gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 89October 10, 2018 9:15 AM

It’s all about the interesting premise, acting and writing be damned.

by Anonymousreply 90October 10, 2018 9:16 AM

Episode three was good, but Astronauts could see whodunnit. Still good enough intrigue that’s not gonna win any major awards.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2018 11:16 AM

I am enjoying it. I never like shows like this. The fact that I want Josh Dallas to cum in my mouth may have something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2018 11:43 AM

So the mystery of where they were is supposed to last four or five seasons or more?

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Yes - the mystery of the week might be the weakest, most contrived part of the show, but think they are doing a better job showing the fall-out of being gone 5.5 years and the family members moving on. They have been pretty even-handed at showing the wife being in a no-win situation and paint all sides being more victims of the situation then good or bad guys, and simply showing how Cal's old friend was so much bigger than him and outgrown him was simple and effective. While I cringed a bit at the daughter/sister;s reaction to her Mom's death, I thought she did a good job today. Dallas also did a good job with his scene at the end, and shows he can act when they have him do more than be a cardboard hero.

Once Upon a Time largely sidelined him and his wife once she became pregnant in the third season, but he had some moments of princely hotness the first season, and in his last season he had a breakdown with Hook.that was more interesting than watching Regina continue to whine about being a hero now or seeing Rumpelstiltskin go through his tenth redemption while continuing an abusive relationship with Belle which was disturbingly meant to be seen as romantic.

Onice might have been a huge hit, but it did have a following when it was first on although that devolved into a rather crazy fanbase by the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 11, 2018 12:02 PM

This short might have given Dallas more to do than Once did in most of episodes his last three seasons (he usually got one episode a half a season where he was more heavily featured). It is actually pretty well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 11, 2018 12:13 PM

NBC never knows how to handle high concept. It will never make it to a second season.

by Anonymousreply 96October 11, 2018 12:39 PM

The ratings don't suck (for 2018).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 11, 2018 12:43 PM

I think it will get a second season and then will start to run into problems of maintaining the concept.

It is not the best written show, and for all the high concept premise, it has an old-school network TV feel to it. and can be a bit cheesy. However, that might be part of the reason I like it. It is like some comfort food -- escapism that does not require a lot of thought while watching it with a competent cast that provides enough real moments to keep it watchable.

by Anonymousreply 98October 11, 2018 12:51 PM

[quote] escapism that does not require a lot of thought while watching it

I don't want a shitload of detail that doesn't make much sense. That's why I gave up on Lost.

by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2018 12:53 PM

I loved Kings about 10 years ago and NBC didn't know what to do with it. I predict a similar fate for this show.

by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2018 1:00 PM

[quote]So the mystery of where they were is supposed to last four or five seasons or more?

Well, some of it is rearing its head, What with the mystery stroke protein in their bloods. Of course, the single renegade doctor gets to find it while the bumbling NSA medical and investigative staff of dozens of professionals who tested all the passengers are busier treating them like aliens, staring at their navels, and chasing their own tails by saying things like “that’s impossible!”

by Anonymousreply 101October 11, 2018 1:31 PM

I loved Kings! How many episodes is Manifest? Are they shooting for the whole 23 episode season? Or will it be a shorter season show?

by Anonymousreply 102October 11, 2018 2:23 PM

Right now they have not picked up a back 9. They may not get a full 9, but maybe a few extra eps and a season two pick up. New Amsterdam, NBC’s other new drama, did receive a back 9, as did The Resident on FOX.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2018 8:41 PM

What’s a back 9?

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2018 8:49 PM

[quote]Of course, the single renegade doctor gets to find it

In fairness, that would make the most sense. How many of the other passengers would have had a complete blood workup within a relevant time period — both the more critical before and as quickly after arriving back after the time jump — so that the investigators would have had the data to compare?

But yeah, overall, not a good show. There are plot points so obvious that not even Helen Keller could miss them.

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2018 9:01 PM

In general, most new network shows are only given an initial 13 episode order; this is changing more and more, but traditionally it was the case and is for Manifest and New Amsterdam. If a show does well in the ratings the network will order the “back 9” episodes for a full 22 episode season. While this isn’t a guarantee of a renewal for season two, it’s usually a strong indicator this will happen. Conversely, if a show does not receive a back 9 pick up and simply plays out the initial 13 episode order, that usually means cancellation is in store.

The Resident was a mid-season replacement last year and when it got picked up for season two they only order 13 episodes. FOX was happy with the first three weeks of ratings and gave it the back 9 for a full season.

Lethal Weapon only got 13 eps ordered with their new cast reboot. News of Damon Wayans quitting after the 13 eps all but guarantees the show will be canceled with no back 9 or subsequent seasons.

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2018 10:03 PM

Thanks r106. Good information there.

by Anonymousreply 107October 12, 2018 12:29 PM

Sorry, but IMO, if you waste a lot of time and energy into this show, you're kind of a fool. I don't mean people watching it with a passing interest or out of intellectual curiosity, but getting heavily invested in it.

This is another b.s. "mystery/conspiracy" series in which the writers have no real end game, will wing the "mystery" as they go along and then come up with an explanation that has zero payoff or will be a cheap cop out. Every show of this type has played out this exact same way, even the critically acclaimed The Prisoner. Even if this were the first show in the history of TV to have a decent payoff, NBC will cancel the show years before it gets the chance to resolve the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2018 1:50 PM

I like the show even though it has a filmed in Canada feel, but I think they shoot in New York. The mystery intrigues me. The issue with shows like this is that they are better suited for cable where you have shorter seasons and can keep the story tight. The 22 episode network seasons, mean you're going to have filler episodes that don't really advance the plot.

I hope they have a plan and know what all the answers are. I'm sticking with it for now. Like I said, the only real issues I have are the "Canada feel" and I think some of the actors are miscast. Josh Dallas should have a hotter wife and be shirtless more.

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2018 1:59 PM

[quote] Josh Dallas should have a hotter wife and be shirtless more.

It would not shock me if he ended up with the doctor.

I have heard Daniel Sunjata has been cast as the wife's boyfriend, so kind of a win-win situation for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2018 2:10 PM

How is that wife pulling such hot guys?

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2018 2:14 PM

Because it is a TV show R111. BTW, Daniel Sunjata believes 9/11 was planned by our government.

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2018 2:17 PM

I think a 22-episode count for Manifest would be deadly too, R109. I think the reason NBC hasn’t picked up further episodes is because they are negotiating with the creators on what to do. This is Us and Empire both do 18-episode orders in an attempt to trim some of that padding and I think Manifest will aim for something similar.

Lower counts are worse for syndication deals, but better for quality. Outside procedurals and half hour comedies, the networks are slowly adapting to shorter, more cable-like seasons. It just means they have to create more shows to fill in the scheduling hours, like Good Girls, which ran for 10 episodes on NBC last season and was picked up for another 10 episode second season to air this spring.

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2018 2:30 PM

Another Kings lover!

I love good scify but in the long term as a series it tends to jump the shark when they start showing the aliens, or get to involved in the science at the risk of the characters. Or else it starts to get too complicated. The first seasons of Revolution, Zoo, and Under the Dome were great. Then they just got stupid and you couldn't suspend belief. One series i like a lot that seems to balance this out and just be silly fun is The 100. I am liking Manifest but expect it will spiral into stupidity too. Sometimes in these series tgey need to just keep it simple. I also like Colony, but if they ever show the aliens they risk jumping the shark, too.

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote] BTW, Daniel Sunjata believes 9/11 was planned by our government.

And? Given how much was discovered about the attack since then this is almost commonly accepted knowledge. Most of us have moved on and are now more concerned about Hillary's Emails than what Donald Trump comes up with while sitting on the toilet twittering his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2018 3:12 PM

No it is not commonly accepted R115.

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2018 3:18 PM

I agree with R115. It is commonly accepted.

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2018 3:21 PM

r116, shouldn't you keep looking for GWB's Weapons of Mass Destruction instead of wasting your time on DL?

by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2018 3:22 PM

Oh look, another conspiracy nut at R118.

by Anonymousreply 119October 12, 2018 3:27 PM

R115 now we know Ms Alex Jones posts here. Please go to Stormfront where you belong and post elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2018 3:28 PM

r120, Is Breitbart down or something? Is that why you are here and disappointed that there are no new contributions in the presenting hole threads you have tagged in your thread watcher and this thread was the next best thing?

by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]I agree with [R115]. It is commonly accepted.

The DL does not dispute your claim to be "common".

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]I have heard Daniel Sunjata has been cast as the wife's boyfriend, so kind of a win-win situation for her.

I'd rather he'd have been cast as Josh Dallas's lover, which would be a win-win for me.

by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2018 11:26 PM

I enjoy the concept and the show so far, but I wish that they wouldn't even green light one of these shows without the writers having to have the last two episodes of the show written up front. It's the Twin Peaks and Lost syndrome of just wandering around and having no finish line planned out.

Oh, and the lantern-jawed chick playing the sister/cop is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 124October 12, 2018 11:45 PM

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the show since the first episode. So far is it only about the brother and sister and their family? What about all of the other people that were on the plane? Have none of them come into the story at all?

by Anonymousreply 125October 12, 2018 11:55 PM

R125, if you watch you will see that the main family will be the central focus of the series, but another passenger will step forward each week (or so it appears) to be the case of the week. The passenger from ep 2 was not in ep 3, and third passenger will not feature in the fourth episode.

by Anonymousreply 126October 13, 2018 12:03 AM

Ah, okay. Interesting. Thank you, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127October 13, 2018 1:47 AM

R125, we’ve been discussing precisely what r126 said throughout the thread. You didn’t read it, did you?

by Anonymousreply 128October 13, 2018 4:40 AM

The main reason Lost worked was because the cast for that was distinctive looking and most were such good actors. Everyone in Manifest, like in so many other high concept shows, look totally generic and are mediocre actors. Tick the box casting. Awful. The show doesn’t deserve a full season order.

by Anonymousreply 129October 13, 2018 6:38 PM

Lost’s backstories were well-written.

by Anonymousreply 130October 13, 2018 6:44 PM

[quote] I enjoy the concept and the show so far, but I wish that they wouldn't even green light one of these shows without the writers having to have the last two episodes of the show written up front. It's the Twin Peaks and Lost syndrome of just wandering around and having no finish line planned out.

Agreed. "Lost" ruined it for these kinds of shows. That finale was so tremendously dreadful that I no longer believe anyone can sustain this concept over a full season, not to mention a full series. Knowing that it can all go so wrong makes me unable to watch or invest in it.

by Anonymousreply 131October 13, 2018 6:47 PM

How many passengers were there. If we're going to get one a week that show will be on forever.

by Anonymousreply 132October 14, 2018 2:16 AM

I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet that even though the plane was coming from Jamaica none of the passengers were tanned. The pilot was shot in March. It’s fun to watch the two subsequent episodes, which were shot in July. In scenes like the one in Times Square the extras right next to the main actors are wearing outerwear but if you look closer the “real people” are in summer clothing. In the storyline it’s November.

by Anonymousreply 133October 14, 2018 4:08 AM

FBI has also gotten a back 9. Still no word on Manifest. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 134October 14, 2018 4:44 AM

They have been missing for 5 years R133? Where do you think they have been, sunning on a Jamaican beach?

by Anonymousreply 135October 14, 2018 6:33 AM

[quote]]FBI has also gotten a back 9. Still no word on Manifest. Hmmmm.

The live ratings have been strong,and it is also picking up a lot of additional numbers with the seven day ratings. I think unless it suddenly falls off a cliff, it will get the back 9. Although it would probably be better for the concept of the show, if they renewed it but kept a shorter season.

by Anonymousreply 136October 14, 2018 12:31 PM

How big an idiot ARE you, R135? They weren’t tanned at Montego Bay Airport in the opening scenes, either. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 137October 14, 2018 3:30 PM

Your ignorance is noted R137.

by Anonymousreply 138October 14, 2018 3:44 PM

R135/138, YOUR ignorance is monumental.

Most of the airplane passengers were coming back from a vacation in JAMAICA. You know, where it’s sunny and hot even in April (when the scene was set). But not one of them, in the airport lounge or airplane) looked sunburnt or tanned.

If you can’t process logic I can’t help you, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 139October 14, 2018 5:49 PM

R139, I'm not R135 or R138, but have you not heard of sunscreen? And is your biggest beef with the show that they don't have tans yet you are willing to suspend your disbelief that they were on an airplane that disappeared for five and a half years and they were unaware as well?

by Anonymousreply 140October 14, 2018 6:09 PM

Yeah, I wondered about why none of them looked like they've been on an actual vacation. At first I thought that there would be a twist, but then remembered LOST and that I am way overthinking this and it's just writers being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 141October 14, 2018 6:14 PM

Well R139 they weren't on the vacation for 5 1/2 years. Despite what you think tans fade.

by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2018 6:22 PM

Maybe you don’t understand the premise, R142, but all of their bodies are exactly the same. If they had had tans in Jamaica, they would still have the tans now. By your logic their hair would have grown for 5.5 years, as well as their fingernails and toenails. Nothing about them has changed. They were frozen in time.

Jamaica was a poor destination to choose. Even if the core family didn’t have a tan, it would be crazy to think that a certain percentage of the passengers wouldn’t be tan. Also, while I’m sure most of the passengers could be written off as tourists, there should have been a certain percentage of Jamaican/Caribbean residents on the plane who were visiting New York.

Having the plane originate somewhere like Denver would have solved all these problems.

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2018 7:54 PM

With all the mystery surrounding the passengers somehow I doubt that they came back with no tan will be a big plot line. Maybe they all used the world's best sun block.

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2018 11:22 PM

True, R144, this is totally nit picky, and really something more worthy of the hate on A Million Little Things Thread, but the fact remains that the writers chose for the flight to depart from Jamaica and no one on the flight looks likel they are traveling home from a Jamaican vacation. Why introduce a detail if you aren’t going to follow through on it?

Regardless of where they departed and even accounting for the 2013 start date, none of the passengers were in sweatpants or hoodies. Have none of these writers/costume department people been on a plane in the past decade- especially one returning from a Caribbean vacation? People are slobs and even New Yorkers would not be dressed up like these passengers. They should have been PINK sweatsuits instead of jeans and leather jackets- at least a good half of the passengers at least.

by Anonymousreply 145October 15, 2018 12:03 AM

The fact that really remains, r145, is that no one gives a shit about their tans except you.

by Anonymousreply 146October 15, 2018 12:05 AM

Their tans? Priceless.

I love high-concept shows. I’m still in mouring for Resurrection, Awake, Now and Again, Eli Stone and Flashfoward, just to name a few!

But this show? I’m not a big fan of the actress playing Michaela. But I guess I will keep watching. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 147October 15, 2018 1:48 AM

Quite possibly one of the stupidest premises ever for a show. I will NEVAH watch!!!

by Anonymousreply 148October 15, 2018 1:57 AM

THANK YOU, R143.

R135/R138/R142, you are beyond obtuse. NONE of the white passengers looked like they’d spent a minute under any sun, much less a day or more in fucking Jamaica. That’s my last word on this, I just needed to berate you one more time for your ignorance and sheer stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 149October 15, 2018 2:16 AM

More stupid "Event" shows..all the same. Under the Done, The Event, Flashforward...no wonder Netflix is doing so well.

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2018 2:37 AM

LMAO who fucking cares about the tan?

by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2018 2:38 AM

R147. I loved Resurrection. It was one of my all time favorite shows. I'm still heartbroken that they took it off, just like that! Bastards. I fear Manifest, which I am enjoying will meet the same fate.

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2018 2:40 AM

Not to pile on (which I guess is what I'm doing) I love people who watch these supernatural type shows and can suspend disbelief about a plane missing for five years, but the deal breaker is the lack of tans.

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2018 2:43 AM

And yet R149 a lot of people are point out you and your stupid tan obsession.

by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2018 4:31 AM

Episode 4 was easily the best yet, and we got not one, but two LGBTQ characters this week. Glad they brought up the homophobia in Jamaica. Olive’s gay bff was fun too. I hope we see him again.

I think the lead actress is getting better too.

by Anonymousreply 155October 16, 2018 9:25 AM

Regarding the tan issue (passengers leaving Jamaica on a plane). First impression is everything. When such an issue (like the tan situation) is occupying viewers' minds in the pilot you are off to a rocky start. With all this entertainment around people rather look for excuses NOT to watch a show than get emotionally invested in another one.

by Anonymousreply 156October 16, 2018 9:41 AM

Plus we got a Tony Kushner shout out! There have to be some gay guys in the writers room.

by Anonymousreply 157October 16, 2018 9:44 AM

This show is bad. I couldn't even finish the last episode. Not even Josh Dallas' hotness can save the show.

by Anonymousreply 158October 16, 2018 1:01 PM

I know this show is not going to be racking up a lot of acting awards, but I thought Dallas did a nice job with his reaction shot seeing his daughter with the boyfriend. It was a nice touch that instead of showing the jealous husband you saw the heartbroken Dad who realized he had been replaced as a father figure. He briefly looked like he had been kicked in the gut, but they did not go all melodrama with the scene while he regained his composure.. You saw everything you needed to by the look on his face without any dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 159October 16, 2018 1:26 PM

The 10/15/18 episode was very good. I think the lead actress is doing a fine job. I just love everything about this show and can't wait for each new episode.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2018 12:19 AM

I like it, too. Kqwitcher bitchin, cuntsquad.

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2018 3:57 AM

Tan-related but I'm not sure why it was so important that they had been in Jamaica of all places. It didn't really matter where the flight took off, unless it did? Maybe the mystery is Bermuda Triangle related.

by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2018 5:48 AM

“Thomas may not know New York? But he sure as hell knows Tony Kushner.”

God, the writing on this show is almost as horrible as most of the actors. But the leading lady, the flight attendant and the NSA chief are all awful.

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2018 2:25 AM

R157, the episode was written by two women.

by Anonymousreply 164October 18, 2018 2:26 AM

You cunts still haven't gotten me to hate it. A Tony Kushner/Bethesda Fountain reference on network TV is okay by me. And Josh Dallas is divine. "Bliss," as the blisscunts might say.

by Anonymousreply 165October 18, 2018 4:12 AM

I’ve noticed that the leading girl frequently employs the Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) acting technique of nervously exhaling through her mouth to denote angst, tension, or pathos.

The whole deep breath reality check. Really amateurish. It gets old.

by Anonymousreply 166October 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Three more episodes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 18, 2018 6:19 PM

R164, it may have been credited to two women, but these shows are written by committee. I’m sure some gay guy in the writers room threw out that line.

by Anonymousreply 168October 18, 2018 10:53 PM

No, R168, that’s not how it works. Only storylines are pitched in the writers room.

by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2018 11:04 PM

3 more episodes than what? Was last week supposed to be the last episode? I wish it was like the old days when shows ran 39 weeks out of the year, at least for the shows I love and Manifest is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 170October 19, 2018 12:53 AM

It is one of the highest rated new shows, so I am thinking that the creators think a shorter season would be better for the premise. Then NBC can also have a show like Black List fill the second half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 171October 19, 2018 1:22 AM

The third episode just aired, R170. There will be a total of sixteen episodes.

by Anonymousreply 172October 19, 2018 1:35 AM

Actually, r172, it is the fourth episode that aired on 10/15/18.

by Anonymousreply 173October 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Except R171 that is rarely how it goes. I remember when you had, at most, a three month gap during the summer until new episodes. For some shows you have a fall schedule and then with the holidays you don't see any new episodes until the spring. Network ratings are down because the networks have shortened the number of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 174October 19, 2018 5:18 AM

[quote]Network ratings are down because the networks have shortened the number of episodes.

This.

by Anonymousreply 175October 19, 2018 8:22 AM

[quote]Network ratings are down because the networks have shortened the number of episodes.

HTGAWM lost me forever the first time they went away between what was it, mid-November and the February sweeps. I realized how stupid the storytelling was, and I could never watch it again. Lost's scheduling had a similar effect on my watching. I was willing to play along for a while, but once they put months between episodes, creating these seasonettes, I was gone.

by Anonymousreply 176October 19, 2018 8:24 AM

So, where were they?

by Anonymousreply 177October 20, 2018 3:32 PM

Abducted by Secret Lesbians

by Anonymousreply 178October 20, 2018 4:24 PM

r108, Lost would have been great. But the producers got greedy and forced out 2 more seasons, that contradicted previous storylines and facts introduce in the series. The ending was crap. Commercialism truly hurts good tv.

by Anonymousreply 179October 20, 2018 4:56 PM

It’s their job but it must be difficult to write series like that not knowing how many seasons or episodes to write and have everything wrapped up at the end.

by Anonymousreply 180October 20, 2018 7:07 PM

Speaking of tans, Josh Dallas could really use one. He should really be a lot hotter.

by Anonymousreply 181October 20, 2018 8:17 PM

Yeah, I don’t get the appeal of Josh Dallas at all. He’s a decent actor but OK looking at best. He’s far from a hunk or a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 182October 20, 2018 10:18 PM

He's very bland. An Everyman.

by Anonymousreply 183October 20, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote]So, where were they?

IN CONNECTICUT, ROSE!

by Anonymousreply 184October 21, 2018 5:59 AM

Dallas is a poor man’s Justin Hartley. And nowhere near as beautiful as Matt Lanter. He’s very meh.

by Anonymousreply 185October 21, 2018 5:57 PM

I like him more than either, r185.

by Anonymousreply 186October 22, 2018 1:20 AM

Latest ep was a tad “This is Us” with all the time jumping.

by Anonymousreply 187October 23, 2018 6:17 AM

The latest ep was more Lost than This Is Us with the series of flashbacks. In fact, this was the Lost-iest of the episodes yet and the imitation worked well. Best episode since the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 188October 23, 2018 2:16 PM

I'm enjoying the series except I cannot stand Melissa Roxburgh. Can't act for shit..

by Anonymousreply 189October 23, 2018 2:30 PM

And I DESPISE those eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 190October 23, 2018 5:16 PM

And that lantern jaw. Utterly prehensile.

by Anonymousreply 191October 23, 2018 6:37 PM

Her underbite and lack of expression kill me every week. How did she even get this role?

by Anonymousreply 192October 23, 2018 6:37 PM

Lead actress sucks and that Dallas guy is generic looking but his acting is fine. I am enjoying it but wince every time a character (usually the deceased mom) starts in on the faith stuff. I hope this isn't about God and his angels and a faith based program hiding behind scyfi. I already had to endure the crappy finale to Lost.

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2018 9:19 PM

I did not like this episode as much as the last but I think they wanted to get the rest of the back story of the relationships established. I was relieved the scene of the boyfriend hugging the wife and daughter was a flashback and they were not stupid enough to be doing that in the present when Dallas could do a cliched walk in on them. I appreciate how they are painting all sides sympathetic and that the boyfriend was part of the family for the last three years, but also think the boyfriend was a little self involved for whining about how he could not be with the family he had been with the last two to three years and not really considering that Dallas had lost five years, but this was his wife and kids for over ten years prior. You should really let them along and see if they can reconcile and let her call you if it does not work out. I do think they have done a decent job of showing that the sons illness had put strains on the family prior to the disappearance without overplaying it.

The Mom was a little too good to be true. Most people I know who have been terminally ill have not been the smiling peacefully accepting their fate while drinking tea in a rocking chair that you tend to see on TV.

I like the clean-cut pretty boy look, so have no problems with Josh's generic factor, plus I do think he is a decent actor. He might not be Justin Hartley buff (I don't watch This is Us - I am assuming he is still ripped), but he has some nice arms chest, and legs (as seen in the Olive flash-back with him in the T and green jeans). I don't know if there have been any shots of it on this show, but he also has a nice ass. I think his dynamic with his daughter is probably the most interesting right now. It is kind of humorous how they have him wear "smart guy" glasses when he is doing math.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2018 9:40 PM

Manifest (NBC), 12.3 million viewers and 2.7 rating. Boosted by its lead-in from The Voice, the mystery drama is the fall’s biggest new show. NBC has ordered a total of 16 episodes which will represent a full season.

From Entertainment Weekly

by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2018 7:58 PM

The boy seeing the bright light at the end of this episode reminds me of The Final Countdown time warp. Anyone else remember this movie?

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2018 8:16 PM

So 16 episodes is what they're calling a full season now. A full season used to be 39 episodes and those episodes had half the commercials. The people involved in shows really had to work way back when.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2018 10:20 PM

R197 I’m totally fine with 16 episodes. The show runners aren’t going to give us a bunch of episodes with filler. We should have a fairly tight season where every episode and every scene has a purpose. Too often networks get greedy with hit series and try to stretch them out to 22 episodes and run them into the ground. I’m happy that NBC is letting Manifest breath and can hopefully continue the series 3-4 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 198October 27, 2018 4:49 PM

I think it's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 199October 27, 2018 4:55 PM

The last episode was SO BORING. Nothing much happened except near the end. I hope it's not aliens.

by Anonymousreply 200October 27, 2018 5:03 PM

New ep starting now...

by Anonymousreply 201November 6, 2018 2:00 AM

About time! Why did they skip a week?

by Anonymousreply 202November 6, 2018 2:02 AM

The Wicked 15th anniversary special played last week. Maybe they wanted to play that Halloween week.

by Anonymousreply 203November 6, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]Why did they skip a week?

Because they're assholes.

by Anonymousreply 204November 6, 2018 2:07 AM

There isn't any chemistry between them but I suspect McKayla and ex-fiance Jared will wind up back together.

by Anonymousreply 205November 6, 2018 2:36 AM

Yes - I could see Ben and his wife go either way, but do think McKayla will end up with Jared.

by Anonymousreply 206November 6, 2018 2:49 AM

Ben's wife wanted to call her old boyfriend just now when Cal woke up and she was alone. She should have. I don't like her and Ben together. They need to split up so Ben can get with the pretty cancer doctor.

by Anonymousreply 207November 6, 2018 2:59 AM

Ugh - of course a breakdown in the privacy of the bathroom would include collapsing on the floor against a wall - cliche number 43 - missing only the shower and running water.

Even though the direction, acting and writing are mediocre, I’m still drawn to the show - not unlike one of those “callings”- because of it’s fascinating premise. Still on board.

by Anonymousreply 208November 6, 2018 3:03 AM

So what do we think happened to the plane? At this time I think that the government has discovered/been given alien technology and they made the plane disappear. Those passengers in captivity are being used for experiments, those in the wild are being observed like a control group.

by Anonymousreply 209November 6, 2018 3:08 AM

I think they were kidnapped by Secret Lesbians and forced to work in their pubic mines.

by Anonymousreply 210November 6, 2018 3:11 AM

I understand why the wife is upset, but I am not sure she has ever really giving thought to what her husband is going through. It is always how her life with was disrupted and what she went through - never that he actually lost five years of his life and missed his daughter growing up. She seems like someone who is always going to find the blame on the other party and minimize her blame.

As heavy handed as the show can be, I think they have done a decent job of showing how a child's illness can cause strain on a marriage and how these issue go back preflight.

by Anonymousreply 211November 6, 2018 3:30 AM

The wife is becoming insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 212November 7, 2018 6:35 PM

R209, the villain is the corporation, not the government, though I suppose with a big military contractor the difference can be overstated.

by Anonymousreply 213November 7, 2018 6:37 PM

What is wrong with Melissa Roxburgh’s face? Why do the want to make us look at it?

by Anonymousreply 214November 7, 2018 6:41 PM

Next week looks good. I think this plane was sent into a wormhole (or some other time-traveling alien technology) so they could be analyzed by whatever Big, Bad Government Agency is behind this. It was all planned.

by Anonymousreply 215November 7, 2018 6:46 PM

R214, They are not making you do anything. If you don't like looking at her, close your eyes or don't watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 216November 7, 2018 9:09 PM

The wife annoyed me last night. I know she's worried about her child, but this is the same universe where a plane went missing for 5 years and people came back not having aged a day. But she has trouble believing that her husband and child are getting some kind of telepathic callings is a stretch too far? Come on lady.

by Anonymousreply 217November 7, 2018 9:13 PM

The wife is a little whore and annoying as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 218November 7, 2018 9:56 PM

And she’s a Greek-Canadian which makes her just as bad as Nia Vardalos.

by Anonymousreply 219November 7, 2018 11:16 PM

The show is losing me a little. The characters just aren’t compelling enough. I liked the mystery in LOST (at first anyway), but I truly enjoyed the characters and learning their backstories. They were interesting and surprising people.

The premise and mystery here is good, but I don’t care what happens to this family.

by Anonymousreply 220November 7, 2018 11:21 PM

I've already watched more episodes of Manifest than I could of Lost, and I still like it.

by Anonymousreply 221November 7, 2018 11:22 PM

Such wit, r216. I doubt I could keep up with you. For the sake of argument though, let’s just accept, for a moment, that one might choose to watch a show and still find one or more of its actors unattractive. Is not Datalounge just the place to express irritation at the casting of a misshapen monster in a lead role? If not, I will, as you suggest, stop watching, and I’m very sorry to have taken up your time.

by Anonymousreply 222November 7, 2018 11:51 PM

Josh does turn me on. Been tivoing the show but only watched first two. Any lingering shirtless Josh scenes I can fast forward to? Once Upon A Time never provided that for me and I tivod every week in the hopes I'd see his nips.

by Anonymousreply 223November 8, 2018 12:12 PM

I don't think he has a good body, at least not one producers want to show off. He seems sort of soft to me. There has to be a reason he's clothed most of the time in his shows. Could he have a third nipple or some sort of hideous absorbed twin head?!

by Anonymousreply 224November 8, 2018 12:54 PM

There you go. Not crazy about the shaved/greased look, but there’s no question he’s fit enough.

Unless he’s doughed up since this pic was taken...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 8, 2018 1:04 PM

What did he box in?

by Anonymousreply 226November 8, 2018 1:06 PM

I don't remember Once ever showing anyone shirtless.

I don't think he is like instangram model ripped but he is in good shape and has some nice arms, legs, and ass that has been shown off in short sleeve shirts and tight jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 8, 2018 1:06 PM

Ew, that is still a pretty blah body. It might be ok for a househusband in the suburbs but not for TV.

by Anonymousreply 228November 8, 2018 1:07 PM

He's so pretty, JNGASP about his lovely-if-not-flawless body.

by Anonymousreply 229November 8, 2018 1:09 PM

[quote]NBC's Manifest

I prefer NBC's "MANIMAL" with the late, very sexy and handsome Simon McCorkindale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 8, 2018 1:10 PM

The gratuitous ass shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 8, 2018 1:11 PM

He has a pretty face but it's still bland. He always reminds me of some other actor whose name I can't remember. Who never existed, because it's sort of a blank canvas.

If he were ripped with abs, they'd be showing off his body, but I can't imagine him that way.

by Anonymousreply 232November 8, 2018 1:11 PM

I don't think his abs are ripped - but he is in good enough shape where he looks pretty good in some snug fitting clothes. Unless the guy is in his twenties, I think most of the time people look better with a touch of body fat and not being ultra defined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 8, 2018 1:20 PM

I'm still in with the show, but it really does have a high percentage of awful actors.

by Anonymousreply 234November 8, 2018 1:56 PM

Josh Dallas is 39.

by Anonymousreply 235November 8, 2018 2:07 PM

Agree with 220. After Lost jumped the shark I stayed with it until the end because if the characters. That, and looking at Josh Holloway. I don't feel that way about any of these characters.

by Anonymousreply 236November 8, 2018 2:54 PM

Ugh. The mother is so annoying. Josh needs to slap her repeatedly in an episode while she's standing near an open window ten stories up.

"But MY SON!!! Don't leave me alone when I need YOU!"

"He's MY son TOO, you WHORE!@!" *SLAP SLAP SLAP*

*She screams in rage, stumbles and falls out the window to her doom*

"Hooray! Now I can go gay!" *Quickly installs Grindr on his phone*

by Anonymousreply 237November 8, 2018 8:59 PM

This last episode was awful. Josh Dallas is a bargain basement Justin Hartley, the wife is incredible annoying and bland at the same time, the NSA guy is an awful actor, the leading lady’s overbite is far from camera ready, the daughter is a cookie cutter young Winona Ryder and I want the little kid to die, already. The only one I can stand is the doctor/scientist/whatever. She’s good.

by Anonymousreply 238November 8, 2018 9:52 PM

The wife character is really starting to piss me off.

by Anonymousreply 239November 8, 2018 9:57 PM

[quote]Josh Dallas is a bargain basement Justin Hartley

I like Josh a million times more than Justin.

by Anonymousreply 240November 8, 2018 9:59 PM

I’m out after this last episode. The sister annoys me trying to one up a woman who’s husband asked her for a divorce after she got off the plane and is living in a motel. Meanwhile she’s surrounded by her family, received a promotion at work, appears to have some new highlights and is in the process of breaking up her former fiancés marriage to her former best friend. Can’t stand her. The wife is annoying as well. Agreed she lives in a world where a plane disappears for 5 years but can’t buy into her husband and son hearing voices. I’ll read the recaps here but no longer a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 241November 9, 2018 12:13 AM

What was with that translator woman being bumped into by some random stranger when she was having a conversation with the sister? I thought for sure she’d drop dead by the end of the episode but nope.

by Anonymousreply 242November 9, 2018 12:18 AM

Here’s the thing: if you’re not going to make the characters be interesting, then you need to keep the plot compelling and very fast paced. It needs a lot more action.

When Michela and he cop-ex found that off the books lab, they should have snuck back and infiltrated the building, discovering another piece of the puzzle. The plot should be bonkers, but instead it’s slow and boring.

by Anonymousreply 243November 9, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote]Ugh. The mother is so annoying. Josh needs to slap her repeatedly in an episode while she's standing near an open window ten stories up.

Yes, dear. I agree with you but your desire to get rid of Eyebrow Teefs just so you can have Josh Dallas all to yourself is very obvious and I applaud you for it. Other than that, your post was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 244November 9, 2018 1:11 AM

So did I, r242

by Anonymousreply 245November 9, 2018 2:50 PM

It’s a top 5 show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 13, 2018 6:14 AM

This last ep wasn’t great. They just can’t make the mystery interesting enough.

The case of the week with the heart transplant recipient was fine, but nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 247November 13, 2018 1:59 PM

The Hispanic kid in the last episode seems to be going for the Oscar. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHYYY!!!!!"

I don't feel sympathy for him and I just want to slap him repeatedly.

This show is boring and the writing is shitty. I'm starting to lose interest in it and mainly watching it now to see what the big mystery is.

by Anonymousreply 248November 13, 2018 5:36 PM

That’s why everyone is watching and why it’s such a big hit, silly goose at r248 - the premise. And, just like that critic says, if they manage to keep audiences interested throughout the weak writing and mediocre acting (by revealing bits and pieces about “the big mystery” episode by episode), they might just have a winner with “This Is Us - Lost in the Law and Order of the X-Files.”

by Anonymousreply 249November 14, 2018 8:08 AM

I, got one, liked the last episode, because they revealed enough information, tug at our hearts with a donated heart, and now we see that Vance is “not a bad guy anymore.” Apparently they’re delegating major reveal responsibilities to the little sick kid.

by Anonymousreply 250November 14, 2018 8:12 AM

I continue to watch and enjoy.

Ben Stone, take off your shirt.

by Anonymousreply 251November 14, 2018 8:14 AM

R246 It is not. Manifest has already lost half of the audience compared to the first episode and it will continue to drop because the show sucks. There will be a second season but it will probably be moved to Friday.

by Anonymousreply 252November 14, 2018 8:23 AM

R250 how many drinks did you quaff before sitting down to watch?

by Anonymousreply 253November 14, 2018 12:13 PM

R231 Do you think his ass crack have hair?

by Anonymousreply 254November 14, 2018 12:36 PM

That little boy is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 255November 14, 2018 12:38 PM

I hate it when characters just give up after doing CPR for 15 seconds. I get that it's done because of time limits and drama, but it still annoys the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 256November 14, 2018 1:01 PM

Where are you getting your information from R252?

From Variety

[quote]The mystery of “Manifest” is proving too much for viewers to resist.

[quote]According to Live+7 data through week 5 of the current broadcast season, the freshman NBC drama is averaging a 1.8 rating lift in adults 18-49 thus far, an improvement of 106% over its Live+Same Day haul in that measure. In total viewers, the show is averaging more viewer growth than any other broadcast show this season. It is, on average, adding 7.2 million viewers per episode in delayed viewing for 15.4 million viewers total.

[quote]For the week of Oct. 22, “Manifest” grew 114% in the demo to a 3.0 and 87% in total viewers to 13.6 million.

by Anonymousreply 257November 14, 2018 1:07 PM

The NSA character has been completely overhauled from the first eps where all he did was yell. New writers?

by Anonymousreply 258November 14, 2018 1:28 PM

The "connected" bit is channeling Sense 8. But the episode to episode storylines and tension are so SLOW and plodding and snoozeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 259November 14, 2018 2:40 PM

R257 Scroll slightly down to see the table. I'm not saying DVR ratings are not important but looking at the live ratings gives you a better picture of whether the show is doing well or not. I can tell you the show is collapsing fast, especially when you consider it has The Voice as a lead in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 14, 2018 2:53 PM

Oh please, face it. Whether you think it’s a good show or not, it’s a hit. Whether or not it is following the footsteps of “A Different World,” “Night Court,” “Family Ties,” “Newhart,” and many other mediocre shows who were blessed to be sandwiched between great shows, is yet to be determined, but it doesn’t make any of those shows, or Manifest for that matter, less of a hit.

I just hope they don’t milk ll “it’s all connected” to a frothy pulp, because the show may all then be “disconnected” too soon.

by Anonymousreply 261November 14, 2018 4:20 PM

[quote]That little boy is unbearable.

He reminds me of Brick Heck. I keep expecting him to whisper to his feet every time he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 262November 14, 2018 4:54 PM

r261 sure, that's what the Secret Lesbians WANT you to say.

by Anonymousreply 263November 14, 2018 5:02 PM

OK you lost me with “the Secret Lesbians.” Not even interested in finding out WTF that means.

by Anonymousreply 264November 14, 2018 5:29 PM

I’d bet the farm the little boy will be kidnapped soon.

by Anonymousreply 265November 15, 2018 11:39 PM

Yeah that seems likely r265. They have to create false urgency.

by Anonymousreply 266November 15, 2018 11:41 PM

The show is dragging. I’m still not not invested in any of the character except for Daniel Sunjata’s David. They’re trying hard to tug at the heart strings but failing miserably imo. Couldn’t they have picked better actors? Talk about a badly cast show.

by Anonymousreply 267November 16, 2018 12:02 AM

It's also getting to where you have to follow it very closely to know WTF is going on. I like the show but really don't like to have to pay such attention. I like to be on the computer while I watch TV. I don't want a show to become like studying for the SATs.

by Anonymousreply 268November 16, 2018 12:35 AM

I'm only watching for that Josh guy. HAWT to death!

by Anonymousreply 269November 16, 2018 12:36 AM

I suspect I am only watching for Josh Dallas, too. If he weren't there, would I be there? I can't say for sure.

by Anonymousreply 270November 16, 2018 6:12 AM

I probably wouldn't, but then I mostly watched 'Once Upon A Time' to see him in those tight Prince Charming costumes.

by Anonymousreply 271November 16, 2018 2:50 PM

Why is the boring girl who can't act given top billing? At least boring Josh Dallas can act.

by Anonymousreply 272November 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Josh's PR or agent must be posting in this thread. He's nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 273November 20, 2018 7:31 PM

The wince of pain on the kid’s face as the guy was being jolted by an electric shock was unintentionally hilarious. God, this show is bad.

by Anonymousreply 274November 21, 2018 12:27 AM

I wouldn’t call it hilarious but the kid did smirk like Seinfeld and Ben Seaver used to do when delivering punch lines.

I did think it was very sweet of all of the kid’s school friends to ask him to join them at the lunch table. Them they all regressed and shared as if they were back in fifth grade.

by Anonymousreply 275November 21, 2018 7:29 AM

He still looks like fifth grade, r275. When you take him and his twin sister together, he is the living emblem of what happened on that plane.

by Anonymousreply 276November 21, 2018 4:47 PM

[quote]I did think it was very sweet of all of the kid’s school friends to ask him to join them at the lunch table. Them they all regressed and shared as if they were back in fifth grade

The scene on paper probably was a little contrived, but it was pretty effective in both showing the passage of time, what he had lost, and how he had been part of that group. The dialogue discussing little every day things like lunch swapping traditions helped make it seem real and the day player kids did a good job making it believable.

Promos can be misleading, but it looks like some things will come to a head next week for the holiday break.

I do like the partnership between the irritable Vance and the earnest Ben. Vance is most likely suppressing an urge to smack him on the side of his head (or you never know - throw him over his knee). Ben's boss clearly would like to see him thrown over his lap.

by Anonymousreply 277November 21, 2018 4:54 PM

Vance is so much better as a friendly adversary rather than a characterless government goon.

by Anonymousreply 278November 22, 2018 3:25 PM

The boy was happy, so something horrible has to happen to him in order to show him that you must never, ever be too happy.

by Anonymousreply 279November 22, 2018 3:45 PM

That goes without saying, r279, especially since the boy himself has foreshadowed it to his dad.

by Anonymousreply 280November 22, 2018 4:12 PM

On the telecast of the parade today various NBC “stars” spoke of what Thanksgiving meant to them. Of course Dallas and Lantern Jaw represented Manifest. It was a tad unfortunate, though, that Justin Hartley immediately went after Dallas because it exposed Dallas as the Poor Man’s Justin Hartley that he is.

by Anonymousreply 281November 22, 2018 10:23 PM

He isn't the "poor man's" anyone, nor anyone's "Justin Hartley."

by Anonymousreply 282November 23, 2018 12:26 AM

Who is Justin Hartley? Never heard of him. And no, I don't have Google where I live.

by Anonymousreply 283November 23, 2018 12:56 AM

Hartley is the hunky one on This is Us.

Pay attention, R282. Dallas IS the poor man’s Justin Hartley. He’s being pushed as the hunk of Manifest and he is nowhere in Hartley’s league. Or even Ryan Eggold from New Amsterdam.

by Anonymousreply 284November 23, 2018 2:59 AM

I like Josh Dallas SO much more than Justin Hartley, if they were to recast Hartley, I would not offer a word of objection. I'd probably enjoy it more. The only Kevin I've liked is the one with the cast on his leg.

I like Ryan Eggold more than Hartley, too, but not as much as Dallas. Sorry, "pay attention" queen.

by Anonymousreply 285November 23, 2018 6:17 AM

Justin Hartley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286November 24, 2018 9:22 PM

Josh Dallas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 24, 2018 9:23 PM

I’m sorry all you Negative Nancies can criticize the show all you want - and you are mostly right (the acting and the dialogue are pretty bad)- but the plot is getting better and better. It thickens and twists.

And really? This is 2018, and the Black Guy had to be the first character with over 20 lines to get killed?!

by Anonymousreply 288November 27, 2018 12:47 PM

Well, it's got to be the black guy, or the white guy background character who suddenly gets a sympathetic spotlight out of nowhere. Or the lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 289November 27, 2018 12:54 PM

Or the gay man commits suicide. Recently I’ve been watching a lot of gay short films whose previews look sweet, and to this day they are still producing a lot of garbage with tragic endings caused by the fact that they are gay.

by Anonymousreply 290November 27, 2018 1:00 PM

I’m sad they killed Vance, but this fall finale was pretty exciting. The rescuing of the patients was thrilling; the one thing that bogs down the show is Grace (Dallas’ wife). I hope there is a twist where Vance is still alive. We never saw a body.

by Anonymousreply 291November 27, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote] I hope there is a twist where Vance is still alive. We never saw a body.

This would not shock me. I hope this is the case, I liked his prickly partnership with Dallas -- his skeptical sometimes eye-rolling reactions were a good counter to Ben's impulsiveness.

I thought it was a decent episode and agree Grace could go on the back burner and I would not be sad.

It would not surprise me if Fiona (professor/research lady) ended up bad - or at least shady. I also can see the mole end up having an attack of conscience and switch sides.

by Anonymousreply 292November 27, 2018 1:34 PM

Good episode, but I'm really starting to hate the whiny wife - he should have smacked her and taken both kids.

by Anonymousreply 293November 27, 2018 1:54 PM

Starting, r293?

by Anonymousreply 294November 27, 2018 4:01 PM

They need to visit Pamplona for some reason during the running of the bulls. The shrew wife will be whining and complaining about "her needs" and how Josh Dallas's character isn't there for her and she will gesture dramatically, signalling the bulls to stampede. She'll be horribly maimed and disfigured and they can replace her with a less obnoxious actress after "extensive plastic surgery". Or, just let her die so Josh can date men and get some of that BBC he so obviously desires.

by Anonymousreply 295November 27, 2018 4:06 PM

The actor who played Vance was awful. I hope he stays dead.

by Anonymousreply 296November 27, 2018 4:17 PM

[quote] We never saw a body.

Lantern Jaw said she saw Vance being carted into an ambulance, implying he was still alive - hmmmmmm. And the last thing Vance was told was “you don’t know who you’re desling with” - hmmmmmmm.

You may be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 297November 27, 2018 4:53 PM

Well, Ben told Grace about the callings and, so far, everyone who’s been told about the callings has died (except for Jared and only because LJ talked back to the “callers”).

So there may still be hope she will be out of our lives soon, or at least be taught a lesson with a close call so nasty, that she can shut her yap (“don’t you act like you know what losing a son is!!!”), believe Ben and Cal, and follow their lead.

I mean, that little kid has saved the day at least twice with his drawings. Isn’t it time people paid attention?

by Anonymousreply 298November 27, 2018 4:59 PM

This will end up like Lost.

by Anonymousreply 299November 27, 2018 5:39 PM

Bless you, r295

by Anonymousreply 300November 27, 2018 5:45 PM

I thought the episode was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 301November 28, 2018 6:35 AM

Why was this ep any more ridiculous than any other?

by Anonymousreply 302November 28, 2018 9:31 AM

To the Justin Hartley queen: I saw him in a Cold Case rerun yesterday, in which he played yet another prettyboy, and it occurred to me why I don't like him as much as Josh Dallas. "Prettyboy" is all Justin has, whereas Josh is playing a character who's equally brainy and beautiful. Can't call Kevin Pearson brainy by any stretch.

by Anonymousreply 303November 28, 2018 9:49 AM

Is Josh Dallas considered a "Pretty boy"? He's certainly attractive, but I wouldn't refer to him as a pretty boy. Hartley is the epitome of a pretty boy--even though I think he looks like an extraterrestrial, personally.

by Anonymousreply 304November 28, 2018 10:23 AM

I didn't refer to Josh Dallas as a "prettyboy." I said he was equal parts brains and beauty. And I mean that about his performance in Manifest, which is all I've ever seen him in.

Justin Hartley, OTOH, I've seen in lots of shows, and "prettyboy" is about it, in terms of characters he plays.

by Anonymousreply 305November 28, 2018 10:27 AM

They've made the wife unbearable on this show. She's as hateble as Connor was on Angel. Her lack of empathy for what's her husband and child are going through is ridiculous at this point.

by Anonymousreply 306November 28, 2018 12:12 PM

[quote] She's as hateble as Connor was on Angel.

I don't know if that's even possible. She's going to have to sped a couple more seasons being completely insufferable first.

by Anonymousreply 307November 28, 2018 12:28 PM

I think Dallas is a bit of a pretty boy, but can pull off the vulnerable everyman and can really pull off the concerned father which is probably why he was cast. I have not seen This is Us or really seen Hartley since Smallville, so am not sure he could bring that to the role.

Connor --- I had blocked him out. Strangely, he was likable in the one episode they brought him back for at the end. He was like the ultimate annoying kid out of nowhere that was brought on to shows near the end of their runs in the 70's and 80's. He even had a bit of a bowl cut.

I think the wife really started to annoy me when she yelled at Ben for not telling her about the shoplifting, not bothering to ask the circumstances and completely ignoring the fact that her husband just found his daughter with a father-figure that had replaced him or how painful that might have been for him. It did not help that Dallas did a good job of subtly showing how he had been kicked in the gut when he saw his daughter with Danny.

by Anonymousreply 308November 28, 2018 12:36 PM

[quote]Why was this ep any more ridiculous than any other?

Deadly gun battle. Exploding oxygen. Kill the incredibly valuable test subjects after recklessly torturing them. I get that there is a sci-fi premise, but this went off the rails in terms of logic and internal consistency. I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 309November 28, 2018 12:42 PM

[quote]I’m out.

Good.

by Anonymousreply 310November 28, 2018 12:47 PM

I haven't watched Monday's episode, but the wife is clearly being written in a way where she is slowly coming to the realization that her life was better when the husband and the sick son were thought to be dead. She had a loving and attentive man, her daughter liked him and was close to him, and she was doing okay in life.

The premise is a plane disappeared for 5 years and returned and none of the passengers haven't aged a day and the "deadly gun battle. Exploding oxygen. Kill the incredibly valuable test subjects after recklessly torturing them" is the part where you think it goes off the rails? I'm not sure why some people even get started with these shows, if they are not going to be able to just go with it. If you can't take the leap, then stay away from high concept supernatural/sci-fi shows.

by Anonymousreply 311November 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Grace just wants mah dik. Not that nasty Josh Dallas' dong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312November 28, 2018 12:56 PM

R311–obviously I can take the sci-fi leap. None of what I describe is sci-fi or remotely logical behavior for the ordinary humans involved.

by Anonymousreply 313November 28, 2018 1:15 PM

They have to make the wife hated so they can have Josh and the lady doc get together. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 314November 28, 2018 1:23 PM

That whole Connor season does not hold up well. I mean...it was REALLY dumb. And they didn't explain why he was so angry. It's odd that he's married to the forehead from Gilmore Girls.

by Anonymousreply 315November 28, 2018 2:26 PM

Vincent Kartheiser went on to play Pete Campbell in Mad Men which just floored me. He must have played Connor to be as unsympathetic as humanly possible, because I hated every second he was on screen, but Pete Campbell was great. Good actor.

by Anonymousreply 316November 28, 2018 2:35 PM

Ok enough about Connor and back to Man-o- fest (and it IS a man fest, lest you forget hunk-cum-daddy bear Daniel Sunjata, and of course Jared and Dallas).

I thought all the patients/subjects had made it out and gone with British Lady. Some people here are saying “kill the incredibly valuable test subjects” and I’m getting confused.

And yeah, complaining about the bullet shower and fire is like buying into Star Wars but then saying the gun battles are fake.

by Anonymousreply 317November 28, 2018 3:39 PM

I don't think killing the test subjects, whom you're guilty of kidnapping and torturing, is so strange, nor are exploding oxygen tanks when there's a fire.

by Anonymousreply 318November 28, 2018 3:42 PM

It looked to me like the test subjects got out, but the "scientists", the head creep, a couple of soldiers and Vance didn't.

by Anonymousreply 319November 28, 2018 6:05 PM

Oxygen feeds a fire, but doesn’t explode like hydrogen.

by Anonymousreply 320November 28, 2018 6:13 PM

Just to wrap up the Connor thing. Connor was stolen and lived in a hell dimension with someone who hated Angel. That person raised Connor to hate Angel.

Now back to Josh Dallas and Daniel Sunjata and that wife who isn’t hot enough for either one. And why does this show have that shot in Canada look when it is filmed in New York?

by Anonymousreply 321November 28, 2018 6:23 PM

R321, because most of it is shot on Long Island and in Westchester which looks like Canada.

by Anonymousreply 322November 28, 2018 7:38 PM

[quote]Just to wrap up the Connor thing.

Really, enough already.

by Anonymousreply 323November 29, 2018 12:07 AM

No comments on the latest episode (12/7/19)?

It was pretty confusing, I know.

by Anonymousreply 324January 9, 2019 8:07 AM

The guys in the black SUVs 🚙 at the end were pretty spooky. The good news is more previous “bad guys” have been turning “good.”

by Anonymousreply 325January 9, 2019 8:10 AM

Show had an interesting concept but the "mystery" is getting so tiresome I'm on the verge of removing it from my recording list.

I'm afraid we have another "Flashforward".

by Anonymousreply 326January 9, 2019 8:49 AM

Yeah they should have focused more on the story and less on the characters, because the characters are tedious and boring. And the story isn't being advanced fast enough to make me want to continue watching - I never saw the last episode and keep skipping over it in my list when it shows up.

by Anonymousreply 327January 9, 2019 5:16 PM

The wife is making this show hard to watch. They've made her and a hateable character because the audience knows the husband and son are correct and that she's wrong and she seems unreasonable. The fact that she has a boyfriend brings up images of infidelity which technically isn't true makes her more hateable.

by Anonymousreply 328January 9, 2019 10:10 PM

You're right r327 I don't care About the wife or the daughter or the boyfriend. Advance the damn story I want to know why these people were on the plane what connection they have to each other how and why they disappeared for 5 and a 1/2 years.

by Anonymousreply 329January 9, 2019 10:14 PM

In a sort of meta moment, r328, the character finally came to terms with her dislikeability in the show:

“No matter what I do I’m the bad guy in this, so I can’t do it anymore. I’m out” (or something to that effect).

Hope it means we’ll be seeing less of her🤞.

by Anonymousreply 330January 10, 2019 10:13 AM

A friend of mine was at the wrap party last night. They finish Season 1 on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 331January 21, 2019 1:37 AM

The Event! So popular, it lasted a whole season!

by Anonymousreply 332January 21, 2019 12:53 PM

r331 really? Anything to report from the party? Did the horrible wife actor fall down an open elevator shaft after whining about not having any diet Chablis option?

by Anonymousreply 333January 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Hah hah, R333. No. He said it was a veritable lovefest.

by Anonymousreply 334January 21, 2019 4:20 PM

The sister gave an interview which makes it sound like Dallas has helped set the tone for a good working environment.

[quote]He’s such a wonderful and down-to-earth guy, so he’s always willing to tell me what’s good and bad. But the thing that’s kind of caught me by surprise is just what it takes to not only keep your energy up but to give your energy to other people. Because it is your job and other actors’ jobs to be friendly to everyone, to be courteous, to keep morale up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 21, 2019 4:36 PM

Amusing because he's the most low-energy actor ever. His blandness is the most notable thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 336January 21, 2019 6:25 PM

God, if possible, the mother is becoming even more insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 337January 22, 2019 3:13 PM

The Major looked familiar but I couldn't think of the name

by Anonymousreply 338January 22, 2019 4:25 PM

That's Elizabeth Marvel r338

by Anonymousreply 339January 22, 2019 4:36 PM

ah the president sabotaged on Homeland by the russians and fbi. thank you.

by Anonymousreply 340January 22, 2019 4:48 PM

OP, I found this guide that lists some gay events in San Juan by the week. It looks both helpful and hopeful. You can update it as your week approaches.

Too bad you won’t be here this weekend. There’s gonna be some Winter Pride theme weekend that will include April Carrion at one of the bars on Saturday.

Also, it looks like Temptation does feature some drag entertainment during the week. One of my friends just told me that Drag Bingo on Tuesdays is fun ... and he’s actually young!

Good luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 22, 2019 9:58 PM

Wrong thread sorry

by Anonymousreply 342January 22, 2019 9:58 PM

I like this show, it's kinda addictive. I don't trust Zeke though.

by Anonymousreply 343February 8, 2019 4:11 PM

I'm not sure whether I trust Zeke or not, although the actor playing him is easy on the eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 8, 2019 6:07 PM

Zeke seems to be a potential love-interest for Michaela.

by Anonymousreply 345February 8, 2019 6:18 PM

[quote]Zeke seems to be a potential love-interest for Michaela.

Yes - have a feeling Lourdes is gone for good and he is going to be the new third in a triangle. It seems like they might have dropped the Danny/Grace/Ben triangle and are going to keep Ben and Grace as a couple. I know people thought Ben might end up with the doctor, but those vibes seems to have dropped even with his rescue of her last week.

by Anonymousreply 346February 8, 2019 6:41 PM

Zeke can share a cave with me any day

by Anonymousreply 347February 8, 2019 7:20 PM

What I never get about bombers is why don’t they purposely switch the color of the wires to foil the bomb squad from diffusing the bomb. Seems like a foolproof way to outsmart them.

by Anonymousreply 348February 15, 2019 3:05 AM

I’m watching the latest episode and I’m wondering why Daniel Sunjata and Elizabeth Marvel are on this show in such negligible parts; they aren’t even second tier. Perhaps their parts blossom in season 2?

by Anonymousreply 349February 19, 2019 8:56 PM

I'm thinking they tried a story line with Daniel and it really went nowhere. Doubtful he will be in season two. Elizabeth is working on another series so she either doesn't return or very limited.

by Anonymousreply 350February 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Well, season 1 has ended and I'm still willing to follow to season 2 - but this has to be the biggest collection of no-talent actors of any show on TV

by Anonymousreply 351February 20, 2019 2:42 PM

So is Manifest coming back in April or not until the fall or not at all?

by Anonymousreply 352March 2, 2019 3:32 PM

They had their season finale - so if it is coming back it won't be until fall. My guess is that it will be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 353March 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Who will even remember what the final was about 6 months later. It's awful that they do this with shows these days.

by Anonymousreply 354March 2, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote]Who will even remember what the final was about 6 months later. It's awful that they do this with shows these days.

They do this with so many series, on cable as well as broadcast channels. Shows sometimes come back over year after the first season. At that point, you have to re-watch the entire series OnDemand or you completely forget to watch the second season.

I forgot "American Gods" was coming back on STARZ. The previews got bad reviews, one critic said this new season will be more confusing than last season.

by Anonymousreply 355March 2, 2019 8:23 PM

Manifest has been renewed for a second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 15, 2019 8:52 PM

YAY!!!

by Anonymousreply 357April 15, 2019 9:07 PM

R357 Yeah - They did a good job of creating a cliffhanger. I'd at least like to know some sort of resolution.

by Anonymousreply 358April 15, 2019 9:14 PM

This show needs to end, storytelling-wise, not go on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 359April 15, 2019 9:54 PM

just binge watched the first season. I Like Josh Dallas, but his "Waaalt! Waaalt! Where are you? HE IS MY SON!" Lost drama antics were ridiculous. For some reason the show seems to get a kick out of hiring the most unknown (and untalented?) actors. Without Josh I don't think I'd know a single one of them (except Daniel Sunjata and Marc Menchaca from Ozark).

Then the whole premis they stuck with from start to end. A calling happens and ALWAYS the initial guess is the wrong one. But 'til the end they are following that initial guess anyway and remain convinced it's the right one.

by Anonymousreply 360May 24, 2019 9:53 AM

I can’t tell are they saying “calling” or “culling?”

by Anonymousreply 361January 15, 2020 11:44 PM

The whole series is on Netflix now. This show really deserves being binge watched instead of one episode per week.

However, I will say it’s paced too fast. The pacing for attention deficit people who watch network tv just for the background noise has gotten out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 362June 12, 2021 7:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!