Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does everyone hate Julia Roberts?

Is she hated because she is hideous, or is she hideous because everyone hates her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 9, 2018 2:58 AM

A LOW Vera!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2018 7:09 PM

"Pretty woman"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2018 7:11 PM

Hide your kids!! The Julia Monster is coming to eat them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2018 7:11 PM

She is hated on DL because she is the kind of actress fraus just adore.

by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2018 7:16 PM

I love my life

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2018 7:20 PM

The second one, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2018 7:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2018 7:26 PM

I loved her when she was impersonating herself in Ocean’s 12. Also thought she did ok as the cranky wheelchair-bound doctor in The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2018 7:32 PM

Too much fame too fast can turn a good ole southern girl to the dark side

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2018 7:32 PM

I never particularly liked her movies, but I don't dislike her at all. I remember the first time I liked her was some movie she did with Denzel Washington as a professor, her his student, and she challenged him on a question of gay rights. She and her pro-gay side won the debate.

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]Is she hated because she is hideous, or is she hideous because everyone hates her?

Watch her during an interview and you'll understand why everyone hates her.

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2018 7:37 PM

Denzel Washington is an ass and so is Julia. Two cunts in one pod.

by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2018 7:38 PM

She's buddy buddy with homophobic douche Clooney the lilliputian dickless troll as well.

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2018 7:40 PM

"I remember the first time I liked her was some movie she did with Denzel Washington"

She got creamed critically in that movie but I thought she was great in it. She looked like she was really reacting to what was going on around her, not glib about people dying and impending danger. She looked freaked out.

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2018 7:41 PM

Because she's got a stupid face!

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2018 7:41 PM

George Clooney of all people, homophobic? Time to put down the meth pipe.

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2018 7:42 PM

Her poor sister.

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2018 7:45 PM

A couple of reasons:

1) While she's a fine comedic actress, she is an absolutely horrible dramatic actress who conveys emotion by angrily shouting (like Jonathan Rhys-Meyers). So she ruins any dramatic movie she's in.

2) She is insanely self-centered and narcissistic even by Hollywood celebrity standards, which is REALLY saying something. She infamously spoke dismissively and condescendingly to the highly respected Bill Conti when he was conducting the Oscar orchestra the year she won Best Actress and hew as trying to play her off the stage for speaking too long, and addressing him as "Mr. Stick Man." The next year when she announced Best Actor and the winner was her friend (and former lover?) Denzel Washington, after she opened the envelope she obnoxiously said, "Wow--I LOVE my life!" as if it were all about her. So the geenral estimate in Hollywood and among gay men is as she was depicted on "Family Guy":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 25, 2018 7:47 PM

I like her. She was pretty much the biggest movie star in the world during 90's and early 00'. That level of insane fame would change anyone. Everyone constantly wanting a piece of you..

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2018 7:48 PM

But is she a bigger cunt and homewrecker than Claire Danes? Hmmm, inquiring minds...

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2018 7:50 PM

OP, only a few elder gay bitches hate her. Otherwise she is beloved everywhere. Probably the last actor who could sell a movie on her name alone. They don't make like them anymore.

Just get this. Even 30 years after her breakthrough, she is considered as a massive box office draw.

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2018 7:51 PM

[quote] Otherwise she is beloved everywhere.

Ha! Silly cunt. Just ask any waiter/waitress/serviceperson who had to deal with her in the 90s what they think of her!

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2018 7:52 PM

She tries in every single interview to have a reason to do that manic laugh of hers. She has always tried to pull off that "I'm just normal" vibe like JLaw. And it ain't working for either!

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2018 7:55 PM

I really liked her when she first started out (Steel Magnolias, Sleeping With the Enemy, Pretty Woman, Hook). She had a vulnerable, introverted quality to her performances. Her beauty was also delicate with the pale skin and thick, reddish hair. I now find her brash and overpowering in movies. She seems to play every role with a snarling , angry tone.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2018 7:59 PM

She should have apologized for "Stick Man" which sounds like Burt Reynolds dud.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2018 8:02 PM

She is generally despised on movie sets for being an insufferable cunt. The only people who can stand her are the "below the line" help she fucks, which is how she met her husband, who was married to another woman at the time.

She is also an actress (using the term loosely) without subtlety or nuance. She's coasted on her looks and star appeal and not much else.

To the poster above who lauded her performance in playing herself in that Ocean's movie, she couldn't even get that right. And it was the height of lazy screenwriting to have a character resemble a famous actress that same famous actress is playing. Simply execrable.

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2018 8:05 PM

She's not a great actress, and she is just so fake.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2018 8:07 PM

The next year she said she was glad Tom Conti wasn't there, the Scottish actor. Hey, her world doesn't revolve around Bill Conti, mine doesn't either, it's a minor squabble that doesn't bother me in the least.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2018 8:07 PM

Fraus do not like her. She lost them when she screwed a married man, and mocked his wife, and said fat people are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 29August 25, 2018 8:12 PM

I once met a woman who was a paparazzi photographer in nyc. Interesting job, I asked her who was the worst. She said without a doubt Julia Roberts was the biggest butch in the world. This sweet little Hispanic lady said that Julia once grabbed her camera and threw it. She just said the rumors are beyond true, that she was an evil bitch

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2018 8:13 PM

George Peppard recommended Bill Conti to write the theme song before he was fired..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2018 8:14 PM

There is nothing nice about Julia.

by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2018 8:17 PM

She probably has some sort of mental illness that we (and her) are not aware of.

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2018 8:23 PM

On youtube a watched a cast reunion of Mystic Pizza (1988). The cast was shown a scene from the movie with Julia Roberts character from the movie and J R smiles and says I was as cute as a button in the movie!- eww

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2018 8:29 PM

Julianna Margulies was a waitress -- here's what she had to say about waiting on Julia Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2018 8:40 PM

I would love to Julianna and Julia work together.

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2018 8:46 PM

Julia Roberts really did go to summer camp with Liz Phair (according to her song "Chopsticks") and Phair says they were friends when they were younger but drifted.

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2018 8:51 PM

She went to summer camp with Julia Roberts (cited in Whip-Smart’s “Chopsticks”) when she was 13. “She was tall and bossy and fun. I always had tall, bossy friends.” Alas, the friendship waned. “We stopped speaking because she was always calling me collect, and it pissed me off. I’m like ‘What are you fucking calling me collect for? Your parents are rich enough.’ She only did it a few times, but she was enough of a power player. Tall, bossy friends get you in the best kind of trouble, though.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2018 8:53 PM

[quote]A couple of reasons: 1) While she's a fine comedic actress

She hasn't one funny bone in her whole body.

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2018 8:57 PM

[quote]Just get this. Even 30 years after her breakthrough, she is considered as a massive box office draw.

Just get this. Donald Trump won the election.

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2018 8:59 PM

Don't dare go against the DL tide! Some Stan balance would be nice, any Juliabots out there?

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2018 9:12 PM

I've heard that Julia was the best part of that Osage county movie.

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2018 9:17 PM

That whole movie was shit, Roberts most of all.

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2018 9:19 PM

cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt!

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2018 9:19 PM

Yeah, the A Low Vera incident. I can't stress enough how it sealed the hate for her among straight women in their 30s and older. They turned on a dime. A close friend who was in her late forties would babble on about how much she loved her, her bubbly personality, her films blah, blah,. Roberts always grated on me so the worship cracked me up. My friend inferred her RL personality from her interviews and screen characters. And then, WHAM! it became spitting hate. "What a bitch. I can't believe I used to like her!" which cracked me up even more. I encountered similar reactions from female coworkers. (Funny aside: This friend also LOVED Princess Diana and was crushed when she died. She wanted me to accompany her to the British Consulate in Chicago so I could take a picture of her laying flowers on the sidewalk. I made an excuse. She asked at least one other person, but I don't know if anyone agreed.)

I wonder if it impacted her later box office when her films as she aged and too on more "mature" female roles that were supposed to appeal to women like my friend and coworkers. Didn't Eat, Pray, Love tank as well as most of her later films? August Osage County did well, but it was a large ensemble cast headed by Streep.

About her bitchiness to crew. I met a woman socially on a few occasions who worked a camera when My Best Friend's Wedding filmed in Chicago. She said Roberts was an imperious bitch on set. IIRC correctly she didn't bother to show up to the after party. Cameron Diaz, on the other hand, was well-like among the crew and had thoughtful gifts for crew members.

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2018 9:40 PM

r45 Eat Pray Love was a massive hit you dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2018 9:45 PM

^TOOK on more "mature" female roles

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Sorry cunty gash at R46, I don't follow your frau films. Is that your only critique of my post or do you want to express your bitterness further? Does your dried out vagina make sandpaper noises when you walk?

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2018 9:50 PM

Eat Pray Love was a financial success, grossing $204.6 million worldwide against a $60 million budget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote]George Clooney of all people, homophobic? Time to put down the meth pipe.

*puts a gay marriage sticker on the back of your car*

by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2018 10:04 PM

Thought she treated Lyle Lovett like shit. Saw her interviewed recently and she seems genuinely nice. But I always tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2018 10:26 PM

It just took her 20 years to learn how to 'play' nice.

by Anonymousreply 52August 25, 2018 10:36 PM

What's the story behind the break up with Benjamin Bratt? He was certainly the most attractive of the guys she dated. The story I remember is that he wanted her to cut back on her work so they could settle down and start a family, but she married Moder the following year. I assume it was her PR at work and she had already moved on to Moder.

by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2018 10:46 PM

She is grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2018 10:57 PM

My understanding is she’s basically a monster.

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2018 11:04 PM

She could eat an apple through a chain-link fence.

by Anonymousreply 56August 25, 2018 11:05 PM

[quote] OP, only a few elder gay bitches hate her. Otherwise she is beloved everywhere.

Hi, Julia!

by Anonymousreply 57August 25, 2018 11:16 PM

Because we all want to be an insufferable bitch and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2018 11:17 PM

[quote] That level of insane fame would change anyone. Everyone constantly wanting a piece of you..

The poor darling!

by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2018 11:18 PM

I can't fuming stand her R4.

by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2018 11:25 PM

^fucking (R60)

by Anonymousreply 61August 25, 2018 11:25 PM

Elder gays hate her cause she got all the dick they fantasized about in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 62August 25, 2018 11:29 PM

I know fraus that still worship her. But she is more beloved within the industry than outside now. She gets special attention in every room she enters because she was once the queen bitch.

by Anonymousreply 63August 25, 2018 11:31 PM

She's lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 26, 2018 12:21 AM

Julia Roberts was a $100 million dollar budget , two page ad in the new york times type of actress.

by Anonymousreply 65August 26, 2018 12:36 PM

Just watched Pretty Woman last night and was struck by her charm, beauty and innocence. She was actually way better than I remembered.

by Anonymousreply 66August 26, 2018 1:13 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 26, 2018 1:36 PM

OP, I’m not a fan of JR, but DL is full of trolls. That’s your answer.

by Anonymousreply 68August 26, 2018 1:50 PM

2 things I like to point out in these threads. She hand embroidered that t-shirt. A marker scrawled shirt would be crazy, sitting there for hours stitching and stewing? Psychotic. She went on a date with some basketball player back in high school and still stalked him years and years later..

by Anonymousreply 69August 26, 2018 1:51 PM

Only a miscreant would steal another’s husband and publicly taunt the wife. She is contemptible. And that signature scream/laugh should forever be met with a cream pie to the face...

by Anonymousreply 70August 26, 2018 1:59 PM

...hated her...

by Anonymousreply 71August 26, 2018 2:00 PM

[Quote] Funny aside: This friend also LOVED Princess Diana and was crushed when she died. She wanted me to accompany her to the British Consulate in Chicago so I could take a picture of her laying flowers on the sidewalk. I made an excuse. She asked at least one other person, but I don't know if anyone agreed.

Lmao

[Quote] I don't like Eric or Emma Roberts either - the whole family seems rotten to the core.

Emma's a mess. I'm surprised she's still with Evan Peters.

by Anonymousreply 72August 26, 2018 2:48 PM

The Industry doesn’t hate her that’s for sure. She’s gotten good material and ended up with Oscar and Emmy noms the last few years. She’s the last of one of the few female stars that can open a film, even though her best days are behind her. I enjoy watching her. The A Low Vera shit was beneath her, but we’ve all had things we regret doing. Hopefully she does by now.

by Anonymousreply 73August 26, 2018 2:55 PM

Yeah, R73, please tell us a little more about her "Oscar and Emmy noms in the last few years."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 26, 2018 3:16 PM

It’s the horse teeth.

by Anonymousreply 75August 26, 2018 3:18 PM

You bitches are hateful. You don't even know her.

by Anonymousreply 76August 26, 2018 3:33 PM

I don't know her. But I know that I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 77August 26, 2018 3:34 PM

R76 Lol why would that make a difference on this site?

by Anonymousreply 78August 26, 2018 3:35 PM

If I didn't go the the movies or download music from people that I didn't like and/or were assholes, I never see or hear anything.

by Anonymousreply 79August 26, 2018 3:44 PM

She's an equine goddess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2018 3:50 PM

R76, you do know where you are, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2018 4:00 PM

Bratt went from gushing that she was a "goddess" to inferring that she was a phony and a cheater. She left him for Moder. Who was married at the time. So was Bratt when she took up with him if I'm not mistaken. She had one great role and that was playing someone who was in many ways just like her. Except for being a person who could empathize with people who were being fucked over and wanted to help them get justly compensated for their pain and suffering.

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2018 4:07 PM

She was the biggest star in the world. A guaranteed hit maker. So when she showed up with the A Low Vera t-shirt, I wondered what did Vera do to draw such hate. I assumed she was holding out for more money that Julia paid out. You would thought Vera roasted kittens and puppies for the the guaranteed opening weekend box office champion movie star of the world to unleash that t-shirt to the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2018 4:09 PM

She absolutely broke Kiefer Sutherland. Among many others.

by Anonymousreply 84August 26, 2018 4:14 PM

R84 Broke him how??

by Anonymousreply 85August 26, 2018 4:15 PM

Bratt accompanied her to the Oscars the year she won and she went on and on about how much she loved gay Steve what's his name who hosted a show on E! that featured hollywood news and interviews with the "stars". Bratt stood behind her and smirked and rolled his eyes. The first inkling that something was wrong in the relationship. They broke up shortly after that and she went public with the Moder relationship. She's a whooor.

by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2018 4:16 PM

[quote]So was Bratt when she took up with him if I'm not mistaken.

Unless you can dig up a secret wife, he wasn't married prior to Talisa Soto.

Not even a "nice try!"

by Anonymousreply 87August 26, 2018 4:17 PM

[Quote] he wasn't married prior to Talisa Soto.

Lucky guy.

by Anonymousreply 88August 26, 2018 4:27 PM

I wrote that I might be mistaken, r87. Not looking to add to the many unflattering TRUTHS about her. She broke off the engagement to Sutherland and ran away with his BEST FRIEND. A whoor.

by Anonymousreply 89August 26, 2018 4:29 PM

She’s just a cunt...bulldozing into someone else’s marriage because she wanted the husband...cunty behavior towards fans and co-workers...shitty attitude. And as an actress, not as deep as people say she is. I’m pretty weary of her.

by Anonymousreply 90August 26, 2018 4:29 PM

She had great hair once...

by Anonymousreply 91August 26, 2018 4:34 PM

Yes, a true lady would have sent a polite note to said spouse requesting the services of said husband, with terms and conditions of such usage clearly stated. So yes, rude behavior.

by Anonymousreply 92August 26, 2018 4:34 PM

There's nothing wrong with her, its just that like many stars she gets too much publicity and too much attention so you begin to hate them.

by Anonymousreply 93August 26, 2018 5:04 PM

No, it’s her hateful behavior, not too much exposure.

by Anonymousreply 94August 26, 2018 5:57 PM

Both. She is mean to behind the scenes staff and a serial cheater. Now she looks like a walking cadaver and Father Time is wearing away at her looks. Ugly Woman.

by Anonymousreply 95August 26, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote] Both. She is mean to behind the scenes staff and a serial cheater. Now she looks like a walking cadaver and Father Time is wearing away at her looks. Ugly Woman.

This would be a great plot sequel to "Pretty Woman!"

Ugly Woman could be the title.

by Anonymousreply 96August 26, 2018 6:04 PM

Yeah, she's okay, I guess. But she's always been a bit too fucking happy and throwing it in people's faces, which is rather insensitive. Julia Roberts doesn't realize it or doesn't care. She's a bit too self-indulgent and self-aggrandizing. The speech Julia Roberts she gave at the Academy Awards announcing Denzel Washington as Best Actor was so obnoxious and all about her, which was so wrong, was enough to turn you off to her for a long time. And she doesn't work enough nowadays to redeem herself. We remember as we saw her in a major public setting at the Oscars, and it was rather sickening.

by Anonymousreply 97August 26, 2018 7:04 PM

She was the Donald Trump of her time (the 90’s). She can no longer carry a film as a lead, and has been relegated to mom roles.

by Anonymousreply 98August 26, 2018 7:23 PM

Despite all the negative press stuff, I still love My Best Friend's Wedding and I liked Julia in it but Cameron Diaz stole the movie. She is just too famous and too familiar. That's my issue with her. You never forget you are watching Julia Roberts act in a movie, and maybe that means she is a mediocre talent, like Pitt, Clooney and Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 99August 26, 2018 7:32 PM

R99, paired with her box office returns, I would say she's a good star, not an actress.

by Anonymousreply 100August 26, 2018 7:46 PM

Her career really evaporated after her Academy Award win. Not every Oscar winner has the talent or versatility to have a susscessful career into their late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 101August 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Danny Moder's sister is/was good friend's with Vera and she resents Julia. Julia treated her and still treats her like shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 26, 2018 7:58 PM

" He'll cheat on you too!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 26, 2018 8:31 PM

I bet her pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 104August 26, 2018 8:37 PM

I totally forgot she's Eric Roberts' sister. Did they ever make up?

by Anonymousreply 105August 26, 2018 8:39 PM

She's good at picking roles. When that romcom she did with Clive Owen bombed, she was smart enough to realize that her days playing those kinds of roles were over and started playing moms in things like Wonder and took on supporting parts in things like The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 106August 26, 2018 8:41 PM

R105, supposedly Julia Robert's stepdad is a pedophile and raped a young boy when she was growing up. I've heard Eric alleged their stepfather raped or molested Julia too but she refused to acknowledge the accusations one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 107August 26, 2018 8:43 PM

[quote] and started playing moms in things

She's far too old to be playing 'moms.' Grandmoms is more like it!

by Anonymousreply 108August 26, 2018 8:44 PM

The only movie I ever liked her in was Mystic Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 109August 26, 2018 10:43 PM

She lost her golden touch almost 20 years ago. Now she plays moms and is on Netflix. I never thought she was a good actress- just a big mouth with a lot of hair.

by Anonymousreply 110August 26, 2018 10:53 PM

It’s Amazon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 26, 2018 10:56 PM

Too squeaky clean

by Anonymousreply 112August 26, 2018 10:58 PM

Can anybody tell more about her heroin addiction in the early 90s?

by Anonymousreply 113August 26, 2018 11:01 PM

Or her long affair with Dermot Mulroney.

by Anonymousreply 114August 27, 2018 12:04 AM

Her brother Eric Roberts has really done some crazy things, has also been homophobic, and can be difficult in general which is probably why his career never really got big. The whole family seems to have issues including nasty and fickle Julia.

by Anonymousreply 115August 27, 2018 3:54 AM

Julia is going to be 51 this October.

The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be...…...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 27, 2018 3:58 AM

Julia with no make- up or glamour. Looks just like another frau in a supermarket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 27, 2018 4:05 AM

But she was lovely when young. She had the most beautiful hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 27, 2018 4:18 AM

She looks beat but more natural than plastic surgery star Sandra Bullock who has facelifts and Botox.. I think Julia has always been a selfish sexual animal because she herself survived sexual abuse? Her whole sunny demeanor seems like an act because I know people who have worked with her and she can be awful.

by Anonymousreply 119August 27, 2018 4:20 AM

Bad actress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 27, 2018 4:24 AM

Bad actress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 27, 2018 4:26 AM

Kmetko

by Anonymousreply 122August 27, 2018 4:30 AM

I thought she was great in Closer as well. No one has mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 123August 27, 2018 4:41 AM

She was good in Pretty Womam and Erin Brockovich but as that reel shows - most of her output was trash.

by Anonymousreply 124August 27, 2018 4:45 AM

Julia is trash.

by Anonymousreply 125August 27, 2018 9:06 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 126August 27, 2018 9:06 PM

Only good in Mystic Pizza

by Anonymousreply 127August 27, 2018 9:29 PM

To know her is to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 128August 28, 2018 1:39 AM

This thread set the world record for putting all her secrets out in under 130 posts. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 129August 28, 2018 2:19 AM

As I said earlier in this thread-Julia Roberts was a 100 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, TWO PAGE AD IN THE NEW YORK TIMES- type of actress.

by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2018 2:21 AM

Perhaps she mellowed with age? Almost everyone on DL thinks she’s a first class cunt. Does she have any good qualities?

by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2018 2:31 AM

She made or starred in a documentary about Mongolian nomads that I liked, and it was uncharacteristically not all about her. That's about all that I've ever liked her in, R131, and the best I can say about her.

by Anonymousreply 132August 28, 2018 2:34 AM

Love her or hate her she gives you something to talk about...

by Anonymousreply 133August 28, 2018 2:48 AM

She didn't deserve her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 134August 28, 2018 2:54 AM

That husband always looks miserable, seemingly walking on egg shells afraid not to set her off and like he just had his ass chewed for playing video games in the basement alone with a bottle of whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 135August 28, 2018 2:59 AM

Jennifer Lawrence reminds me of her. In the future people will look at her work and not understand why she was so popular. The 90’s stars - Julia, George, Sandra, Keanu - all bad or mediocre at best.

by Anonymousreply 136August 28, 2018 3:01 AM

Why did she fall so hard for Moder, to the point of psychotic public behavior? (the shirt)

Benjamin Bratt was a lot hotter!

She and husband always look unhappy together. Are they still together?

by Anonymousreply 137August 28, 2018 3:06 AM

I know someone who swears Benjamin Bratt was a publicity beard, like Leo and Brad and their “girlfriends.”

by Anonymousreply 138August 28, 2018 3:35 AM

Miss Julia is the biggest female movie star of all time and she knows it. So what? You'd be a cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 139September 1, 2018 4:23 AM

R136 The difference is Julia was a legitimate superstar in the 90s. Jennifer Lawrence is a media created superstar whose last 4 movies have flopped badly.

by Anonymousreply 140September 1, 2018 4:29 AM

I mentioned Closer in another thread r123. She's actually excellent in it. On first viewing I felt it to be stunt casting by having America's favorite actress talking about the taste of cum. But on a later viewing I saw that there was real acting going on. Playing the character as a cunning, spiteful Woman not above playing with a partner to control a relationship. It's actually a good performance.

by Anonymousreply 141September 1, 2018 5:13 AM

Julia has always used her sexuality to manipulate and humiliate men. Bratt was too smart and too tough to be her victim. Now she is too old and nasty to be a vixen or a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 142September 1, 2018 6:35 AM

Not nice, I hear.

by Anonymousreply 143September 1, 2018 6:46 AM

She is a stalker by nature. Julia was obsessed with Daniel Day Lewis . They had a brief thing going and when he moved on, she flipped out and followed him to London. There was some kind of intervention by her handlers at this point.

Rumours swirled at he time of her break up with Sutherland that she was addicted to heroin and he couldn’t cope with her any more. Shortly after that, she hooked up with Jason Patrick bit that ended badly too. There were heaps of blind items about her on Movieline mag, anyone remember that? An excellent magazine full of great dish. Ahh, the good old days!

by Anonymousreply 144September 1, 2018 6:46 AM

The best story about Julia is that she took on four guys at once when she was young. Insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 145September 1, 2018 3:56 PM

La Roberts got every dick she could while iron was hot. DDL cheated on a pregnant Isabelle Adjani to get that movie star ass.

by Anonymousreply 146September 2, 2018 2:08 AM

R141, Roberts is excellent in it. Roberts CAN act, despite what some people here say. You know who can't act who was also in Closer? Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 147September 2, 2018 7:54 AM

Oh yawn. This old slut again.

by Anonymousreply 148September 3, 2018 1:08 AM

She fucked every actor every Frau and gay wanted to fuck between 1990 and 2005. Sometimes you end up hated for it.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2018 5:06 AM

My interest in Julia Roberts begins and ends with "Mystic Pizza." Everything she has done since has been affected by her rising fame and inflated ego.

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2018 5:17 AM

BFF Brad Pitt said it himself. You do not wanna cross Julia. You know that he knows.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2018 5:21 AM

Since this thread exists..I just saw "Eat Pray Love" recently and she gives a HORRIFIC performance, cringeworthy bad. Throughout the entire movie, she acts like she does in her Lancome commercial, like America's Sweetheart Princess invited to set from her double wide trailer.

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2018 5:35 AM

Wow, shocking to hear she's such a dirty whore and has been fucked by every actor in the guild.

She must have very bad puss-puss.

I'm sad now and I will cry.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2018 5:37 AM

R152 she is America's sweetheart princess. What actress has been more beloved in 50 years? I don't get it either.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2018 5:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2018 5:41 AM

[quote] Is she hated because she is hideous, or is she hideous because everyone hates her?

Isn't that the song the prince sings in Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella"?

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2018 5:42 AM

She was pretty back in the 90s, even with her humongous oral cavity.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2018 5:46 AM

The A-LOW-VERA thing is enough to despise her forever.

Her performance in "Larry Crowne" is laughably bad. She phones it in and seems to be aware the movie is a piece of shit. She was a diva for real on set and acted like a queen while the movie was filming. But Tom Hanks played into being a member of her court.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2018 5:46 AM

Hanks is her close personal friend. This bitch has everyone in her back pocket. She has to be a fucking great Jollywoof politician. She got so much power fast and she knew just how to use it.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2018 5:50 AM

Another thread mentioned she got Bruce Willis and I noticed he was a guest at her wedding. Miss Julia got all the dick.

by Anonymousreply 160September 16, 2018 5:54 AM

I really do think she is The Last Movie Star. I know all the crappy stuff about her, she's very limited in what she can do--she's one of those actresses who can be extremely effective in the right role ("Pretty Woman," "Eric Brockovich," "Notting Hill," "My Best Friend's Wedding," "Charlie Wilson's War, this new one "Ben Is Back," for which I'm sure she'll be nominated.) She can do those things really well and give a Full On Movie Star Performance.(I don't even know if that's acting, precisely, but whatever it is, it's extremely enjoyable to watch.) Then she can be awful, with her flat, untrained voice and lack of skills--she couldn't even have fun as the evil Queen in that Snow White movie, she doesn't have the chops for that, the style. But good or bad, whatever else she is, she IS a star, and can flip that switch. No one else can.

by Anonymousreply 161September 16, 2018 5:54 AM

Well said R161. There is a lot to criticize but the woman is a big fat juicy movie star. There's no way to explain it. She just has IT.

by Anonymousreply 162September 16, 2018 5:59 AM

But are you willing to accept the challenge and note any redeeming aspect of her performances in Eat Pray Love or Larry Crowne?

by Anonymousreply 163September 16, 2018 6:04 AM

R163 I can't. Other than its Julia Roberts. Larry Crowne is beyond reproach. An obvious favor to dear friend Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 164September 16, 2018 6:09 AM

I love my life!!!

by Anonymousreply 165September 16, 2018 6:10 AM

She's such a nasty bitch. But I love that she is an unabashededly nasty movie star like those that came before her.

by Anonymousreply 166September 16, 2018 6:13 AM

To the posters upthread,,

She referred to Bill Conti as "The Man With the Stick".

Not "The Stick Man".

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2018 6:15 AM

She won the People's Choice for almost a decade as Favorite Female Movie Star and still gets nominated to this day I think.

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2018 6:19 AM

She seems to be a size queen. Moder must be hung big...

by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2018 1:17 PM

When Oprah interviewed her, she offered her the chance either to explain or to apologize for the "A Low Vera" shirt and she refused to do either. She said she stood by wearing it.

What a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 170September 16, 2018 3:25 PM

to r157,

Here is the actual Academy Award acceptance speech.

She does indeed call him "Stick-Man."

[quote] Oh, thank you, thank you ever so much. I'm so happy. Thank you. I have a television, so I'm going to spend some time here to tell you some things. And sir [speaking to music conductor Bill Conti], you're doing a great job, but you're so quick with that stick. So why don't you sit, 'cause I may never be here again.

[quote] I would like to start with telling you all how amazing the experience of feeling the sisterhood of being included in a group with Joan Allen and Juliette Binoche and Laura Linney and Ellen Burstyn for these last weeks has been. It's just felt like such a triumph to me to be in that list. My name starts with "R" so I'm always last, but I still love the list. But I can't believe this, this is so [looking at the Oscar]... this is quite pretty.

[quote] I want to acknowledge so many people that made "Erin Brockovich," "Erin Brockovich" -- but let me make my dress pretty [adjusts the train of her dress]. Universal, everybody at Universal, Kevin Misher and Stacey Snider and Stacey Sher -- and I can't believe I'm remembering everybody's name. Jersey Films, Danny DeVito, and everybody over there. Everyone I've ever met in my life. This movie was sinfully fun to make, and Albert Finney is my friend and my pleasure to act with. And Aaron Eckhart and Scotty and Gemmenne and Brittany and Ashley, all the wonderful actors that played my children. And Marg Helgenberger -- and turn that clock off, it's making me nervous. Greg Jacobs, everybody on our crew that was so great. And, well, just a few other people... But really, the main person -- well, Richard LaGravenese and Susannah Grant who wrote such a nice script.

[quote] Steven Soderbergh -- hi, there you are -- you truly just made me want to be the best actor that I suppose I never knew I could be, or aspire to. And I made every attempt -- [bold] Stick-man, I see you.[/bold] So I thank you for really making me feel so... [laughs!] I love it up here! Yeah, anyway, I start working for him again in two days, so I can get to you later. But Benjamin Bratt, my sister Lisa, my brother-in-law Tony. Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, who's been my agent since God was a boy. Jeff Berg. My mom! And just Frances* and Marcus and Mike and everybody who's watching at home. Kelly, Emma, everybody. I love the world! I'm so happy! Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 16, 2018 3:29 PM

Never liked her much as an actress, never thought she was that pretty, and "a low Vera" really sealed the deal.

by Anonymousreply 172September 16, 2018 4:00 PM

But she did used to have good hair...

by Anonymousreply 173September 16, 2018 4:07 PM

Lover her. Not the greatest actress around but in the right roles she soars.

by Anonymousreply 174September 16, 2018 5:14 PM

She ALWAYS has been a bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 175September 16, 2018 5:33 PM

She should have referred to "Bill Conti" as "Academy Award Winner Bill Conti" who had his much more deserved Oscar before she ever got her non-deserved Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 176September 16, 2018 6:01 PM

Well, here is what sticks out to him about the situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 16, 2018 7:15 PM

Apparently, at her first on screen moment in "Ocean's 12", when Matt Damon says something about her appearance being the highlight of his day, audiences laughed. I think she was coming down some stairs and was very awkward doing it.

When she walks across the stage (at the Oscars, for example), she clomps.

by Anonymousreply 178September 16, 2018 7:36 PM

You queens do realize she is the last beloved actress in the world? Jennifer is not truly beloved. She's just very famous.

by Anonymousreply 179September 22, 2018 4:16 AM

I love the lyrics to this song.... A horse is a horse, of course of course...

She used to ride the white horse, and now she has become a horse... There are several DL POSTS about her 1990s heavy drug usage Circa...Hook and her role as Tinkerbell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2018 12:02 PM

R180 That's a great photo of Sarah Jessica Parker on the right. Her beauty pales next to that of Queen Julia.

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2018 12:21 PM

In terms of beloved but powerful, I think Sandra Bullock is miles beyond her even though Bullock, too, isn't a particularly talented actress. Bullock, OTOH, has a likable persona and apparently isn't too much different in real life.

Roberts is a typical glamor star---male or female, they have little range. Often they are good in light, romantic comedy, playing the foil or a self-parody of their usual roles, but they lack the depth for most of their dramatic roles. Some of these types make an effort to stretch with varying degrees of success--think Marilyn Monroe in the old days or Michelle Pfeiffer more recently. If they're lucky, they age into character roles that capitalize on their initial appeal---even in old age, Lana Turner's bullet bra was always going to lead you to trouble and Ava Gardner was wonderful in "Night of the Iguana" in this kind of older character role.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2018 12:21 PM

Julia's cuntiness is at least far more glamourous than Sandra's awe shucks fake pandering schtick. I'll take bitchy over begging to be liked anyway.

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2018 12:13 AM

The five or six gay men or women that run the tabloids and magazines like People, Star, In Touch adore her. There's a list of about 50 people they care about - and everyone else in Hollywood can just suck it. They've been pushing her for the past 30 years - so she's been covered too much, like the Kardashians - people get tired of seeing her on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 184October 1, 2018 12:00 PM

Ben is Back review – Julia Roberts can't save middling addiction drama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 1, 2018 12:24 PM

That interview at R177 is hilarious. Bill knows how to drop some shade.

by Anonymousreply 186October 1, 2018 6:31 PM

Duh. She got all the dick everyone on this site has jerked off to.

by Anonymousreply 187October 20, 2018 7:01 AM

R187 She hasn't dated or married anyone that is appealing, even douchebags like Jason Patric.

by Anonymousreply 188October 20, 2018 4:27 PM

Nonsense. Jason Patric in his prime was a total stud. Lost Boys? Come on now. Sexy as fuck.

Matt Damon, an expert on gay HEAT, said he had two posters on his wall growing up: Jason Patric and Mickey Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 189October 20, 2018 6:03 PM

Julia only dated/married closet cases she's a closet case herself too

by Anonymousreply 190October 20, 2018 6:40 PM

Julia is a dyke??? I know she was dating Susan Sarandon for a while and Goop and her had a fling too.

by Anonymousreply 191October 20, 2018 7:09 PM

Roberts dated Sarandon? Sarandon is obviously in closet and her ex hubby Tim Robbins is gay

by Anonymousreply 192October 20, 2018 7:16 PM

Jason Patric is a pretty boy actor

by Anonymousreply 193October 21, 2018 3:20 AM

She was was goods in her biggest hit movies. Never knew much about her personally. Apparently she's a bitch. She didn't seem any more self involved than the average Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 194October 21, 2018 3:42 AM

Why does everyone hate her?

She's one of the most poisonous, vile, disgusting, toxic, venomous, stuck up, arrogant, cruel, wicked and self-engrossed human beings in the history of existence.

by Anonymousreply 195October 21, 2018 5:53 PM

Matt Damon liked the heat of Jason Patric, huh?

by Anonymousreply 196October 21, 2018 6:02 PM

She's pretty, but everyone can instinctively sense what a total bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 197October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I don't know if anyone "hates" her but I do know that I was part of the backlash when Hollywood and the media kept shoving her down everyone's throats as the most beautiful and beloved woman in the history of the universe. The love for her both has been so over the top that she was named the most beautiful woman in the world by People Magazine again in 2017 for the fifth time since 1991. She literally hasn't been relevant in 18 years (her last hit movie was Erin Brockovich) but she was given that title again as if it was still the year she broke out after Pretty Woman.

And she's never been that "gorgeous" anyway. She has classic horse face, a funky nose, stretched out lips and too much teeth. Don't get me wrong--she's no SJP (thank goodness) and is above average in attractiveness but not this drop dead, legendary beauty in the league of Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor or Ava Gardner. She's sort of like Beth Ostrosky Stern--attractive on first glance but then the horsiness takes things down a notch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 21, 2018 7:26 PM

Julia Roberts is a hasbeen

by Anonymousreply 199October 21, 2018 7:54 PM

I don't like her. She has never looked clean to me. She looks like she smells really bad.

by Anonymousreply 200October 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Did she pay off Vera? Where is she?

by Anonymousreply 201October 23, 2018 11:47 PM

dyke

by Anonymousreply 202October 23, 2018 11:51 PM

Oh come on, she's known as the biggest whore since Joan Crawford ... Julia Roberts dyke???

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2018 5:36 PM

I always think of seeing that clip on DL. She was very young, promoting "Steel Magnolias" and was on Letterman and she was so fucking charming and pretty and delightful you could see what all the fuss was about. I remember I had just moved to NY and Liz Smith mentioned her all the time. And she had only done "Mystic Pizza". Magnolias hadn't even come out yet. I kept thinking - who is this chick?

Anyway -- yes, she does seem like a pretty awful person but if you watch that Letterman clip (I'll try to find it) you can see she really did have something once.

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2018 6:44 PM

About 10 years ago, part of my sales territory was Taos Nm, Julia Roberts owned a couple of poperties there and was a part time resident. SHe was not well liked by the regular townspeople that waited on her. I dont know why, I guess unfriendly maybe.

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2018 11:23 PM

R199 I see her face plastered all over the city with her new show. I'm sure most people would love to be that kind of a has been. A hot show with excellent reviews and on the short list for the Oscar for Best Actress nomination. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 206November 3, 2018 5:43 AM

She also got Daniel Day Lewis to leave a pregnant Isabelle Adjani at his prime Last of the Mohicans hotness.

by Anonymousreply 207November 3, 2018 5:50 AM

I watched two episodes of her new show and she is amateurish as ever. The show is suspenseful but Julia was always a TV level actress. Her wigs don't fit well and I am not getting her as a middle aged woman.

by Anonymousreply 208November 3, 2018 5:53 AM

Funny how all the reviews give her raves. Maybe you need to see more than two half hour episodes. There's little doubt she will clean up most TV awards.

by Anonymousreply 209November 3, 2018 5:56 AM

She's a fucking whore, she fucked her way through Hollywood, just like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 210November 3, 2018 5:57 AM

I pray you don't think Julia is a good actress! She and Sandra Bullock are terrible!

by Anonymousreply 211November 3, 2018 5:58 AM

Much of it will be on name alone but like Kidman before her Roberts is gonna sweep her way through the Golden Globes, SAG and Emmys. The great reviews will only push what Amazon has planned.

by Anonymousreply 212November 3, 2018 6:03 AM

yawn...Julia who? Julia Boring...

by Anonymousreply 213November 3, 2018 6:04 AM

R33, she’s definitely aware of it, as are a few others.

by Anonymousreply 214November 3, 2018 6:20 AM

She never let a guys marriage get in her way. I think she canceled her marriage to Keither a couple of days before it would happen but that was probably because he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 215November 3, 2018 6:35 AM

R215 and ran off with his best friend Jason Patric at the time the next day. Julia always gets her dick. Ask Catherine Keener who she fucked Dermont Molroney away from her and now took her role in Homecoming from the podcast. You gotta love this crazy slut.

by Anonymousreply 216November 3, 2018 6:41 AM

I can't believe that stud Mulronry ever married that mannish homely Keener much less ever enjoyed fucking her. As soon as he got that movie star pussy he bolted.

by Anonymousreply 217November 3, 2018 6:43 AM

Oh please. Jason Patric even in the Rush years would have every queen here on her knees just walking into the room. He was fucking beautiful in Lost Boys. You lie.

by Anonymousreply 218November 3, 2018 7:03 AM

Jason Patric is OK looking, he's too short for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 219November 3, 2018 7:06 AM

She got a hot young Ethan Hawke too. There's pictures of them leaving a club holding hands too. That's when tabloids were all over her.

by Anonymousreply 220November 3, 2018 7:06 AM

So does Keifer and Jason Patric still talk? are they still buddies?

by Anonymousreply 221November 3, 2018 7:07 AM

She fucked Liam Neeson. Her hole must be the size of grand canyon.

by Anonymousreply 222November 3, 2018 7:08 AM

You judgemental fucks. Julia got a lot of dick so what. You cheap sluts have had way more. Anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 223November 3, 2018 7:09 AM

She can’t act. She smiles and giggles her way through performances. She is a bitch on set. We don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 224November 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Daniel Day Lewis was smoking when he dickmatized her too. She went nuts for that huge dick. That's when they were tabbed to do Shakespeare In Love.

by Anonymousreply 225November 3, 2018 7:12 AM

Gee, I wonder if she fucked Robin Williams? They were in a movie together?

by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2018 7:17 AM

R224. Please bitch. She's no Meryl Streep thespian. But she can act. Her appeal is different than disappearing into roles. Part of her appeal is her persona but she's as capable as any other legendary film actress. She's a decent actress but above average because of her special something. Which is what makes her her a movie star first, actress second no matter what she does. She can't disappear because part of her appeal is that she's larger than life. It's always gonna be a hindrance or asset depending how you look at it.

by Anonymousreply 227November 3, 2018 7:19 AM

Because both in her films and in real life, she is vulgar and brash. Also I hate her wide clown mouth.

by Anonymousreply 228November 3, 2018 7:29 AM

Looks fake.

by Anonymousreply 229November 3, 2018 7:32 AM

[quote]Part of her appeal is her persona [bold]but she's as capable as any other legendary film actress. [/bold]

Having seen her dailies I can tell you that you are 100% wrong.

by Anonymousreply 230November 3, 2018 7:35 AM

PJ Hogan said different. He said once he turned the camera on he saw why she is who she is. Said he'd never seen anything like it. She knows just what to do and the camera does the rest.

by Anonymousreply 231November 3, 2018 7:42 AM

Bitches judging her for being slutty are assholes. Like you wouldn't do the same. Same with JLaw. Who isn't even ashamed to be a slut. Queens can be so judgey and hypcrtical.

by Anonymousreply 232November 3, 2018 7:52 AM

Jealous queens.

by Anonymousreply 233November 3, 2018 7:53 AM

eric roberts had the looks and the talent in that family. he used his influence to get his little sister, julia her first film roles. you dont hear about this in her version of her story.

by Anonymousreply 234November 3, 2018 7:54 AM

Yet who became a screen legend

by Anonymousreply 235November 3, 2018 7:57 AM

Oh please, she is past her prime, she isn't a great actress like Meryl, who is a great actress. Julia can't even do accents. Please don't make me laugh..."she's as capable as any legendary actress" lol.

She was pretty and was box office gold for a while and they rewarded her with all kinds of BS covers (most beautiful in the world) and an Oscar.

I won't spend a dime to see her in anything. I agree with the above poster, her mouth is too big, I keep wondering how many cocks she can fit into her mouth when I see her picture.

by Anonymousreply 236November 3, 2018 8:00 AM

[quote]Part of her appeal is her persona but [bold]she's as capable as any other legendary film actress. [/bold]

I have seen her dailies and I have seen Meryl Streep's dailies, and I can still tell you that you are 100% wrong.

[quote]PJ Hogan said different. He said once he turned the camera on he saw why she is who she is. Said he'd never seen anything like it. She knows just what to do and the camera does the rest.

Yes, and what has that to do with YOUR claim that "she's as capable as any other legendary film actress," which is what I was responding to earlier.

Besides, what do you expect a director to say about his star, back in 1997 no less?

by Anonymousreply 237November 3, 2018 8:05 AM

hold on a sec, r235. i dont hate the woman but ive never understood her appeal. her brother eric got her those first jobs she needed to begin an entertainment career. eric roberts is a contemporary of mikey rourke, both men pissed away their opportunities with bad behavior and poor choices.

by Anonymousreply 238November 3, 2018 8:13 AM

Because she's always like, How wonderful I am!

by Anonymousreply 239November 3, 2018 8:28 AM

R237 obviously there is something there that is capable of becoming the biggest movie star of her era. Meryl Steep despite her talent never reached her level fame or adoration. You are obviously blinded by your own opinions. No one has ever claimed she is a great actor. But she is certainly a legend and in the history books. She's not a bad actress no matter how much you wanna wish it so. She's no thespian but I don't think anywhere in her 20 million dollar a film fame has it ever been claimed. She's every frau's favorite actress and is respected by almost anyone in Hollywood. I think she'sdone just fine for herself. I doubt you andyour phantom dallies have ever accomplished anything in the neighborhood. Neither have I which is why I've never had the urge to badmouth a legendary career.

by Anonymousreply 240November 3, 2018 8:29 AM

Can we get back to Jason Patric's hotness in The Los Boys?

by Anonymousreply 241November 3, 2018 8:36 AM

I liked her. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 242November 3, 2018 8:53 AM

That fabulously bitchy interview at r177 should cement Bill Conti's status as a DL icon!

by Anonymousreply 243November 3, 2018 9:41 AM

Burstyn was robbed. Julia did not deserve that fucking Oscar that year, and EVERY ONE knew that Burstyn deserved it, yet Julia got it.

Unbelievable.

I don’t have any personal feelings regarding her. She grew up pretty comfortable, but in a home filled with dysfunction, and I get that.

Julia found out how to stay in the game early on. You have to toughen up in order to get to that level.

She did well picking Moder, except for the little “still married” detail. But she probably figured out that it was simpler, and wiser, to marry a civilian. Look at the long term HW marriages between actors & civilians. It’s difficult to keep something going, when you’re both in demand, and constantly working in different locations.

And I have zero hate for her getting all of the good dick she could, while she wanted it and still could. I did the same thing, & I have no regrets. I think gay men don’t realize how bad in bed most straight men are. You have to go through a bunch, before finding one that knows exactly what he needs to do and how to do it. And that’s the one you prefer to keep, because there’s usually unbelievable chemistry.

Just being frank. 98% of straight men do not know how to fuck, and need a detailed anatomy chart, with precise instructions. And even when you show them, plenty get lazy, & revert back to their self worship of their own dicks.

by Anonymousreply 244November 3, 2018 1:12 PM

I saw Julia Roberts on a red carpet for an awards show years ago and she wasn't up for any awards that night she was only presenting. When the interviewer asked her about the great films that year she said "We can just talk about my fabulousness and how fabulous I am, can't we?" and laughed and so did the interviewer. She was trying to be funny but it wreaked of gross insides and how decayed her soul must be. It wasn't funny and she seemed like such a crappy human across the board.

Having said that, she's the last great female movie star and nobody has come close. She's iconic and I'm not sure who is up next.

by Anonymousreply 245November 3, 2018 6:29 PM

She turned down both The Proposal and The Blind Side, back to back, cause they wouldn’t pay her the $20 million she wanted per film. After that they both went to Bullock and they were massive for her and her career.

I remember during awards season that year while Bullock was nominated for every award interviewers were asking her about her turning down the role and she was so snobby and rude at times. You can tell she thought she was too good and Bullock should be thanking her for turning them down.

by Anonymousreply 246November 3, 2018 6:34 PM

I fully believe her negative reputation, but she was something special when she was at her peak and really earned her star status. She was especially magical to watch in the late 80s/early 90s and made otherwise mediocre films a bit better. I loved her the most in 'The Pelican Brief', but she was great in 'Flatliners' and 'Sleeping With The Enemy' and of course 'Mystic Pizza' and 'Steel Magnolias. She also kind of sparkled in 'Satisfaction', much more so than Justine Bateman. Her late 90s resurgence was due in part to all of the good will she had accumulated from moviegoers of her earlier films and it helped that she returned to rom-coms, which made her the star that she was. She was definitely the last "movie star".

by Anonymousreply 247November 3, 2018 7:17 PM

She has some bombs too. She tried to do an English accent but failed, I can't remember the name, she was awful. English accent is not even hard!

by Anonymousreply 248November 3, 2018 7:30 PM

No matter what you think about. She is the last great movie star. Which is why she is considered legandary. Like all the stars before her. She took a lot of dick. Don't hate. Don't think Grace Kelly, Liz, Joan, Bette and Kate didn't do the same.

by Anonymousreply 249November 4, 2018 5:33 AM

Just finished Homecoming. She's actually really good in it. But she will win everything including the Emmy on name alone. She's really good in this though. Julia is and has never been a bad actress. She a movie star. But she's also a capable actress in the right part.

by Anonymousreply 250November 4, 2018 5:41 AM

Julia's a cunt but I like her. She owns her shit and doesn't play a helpless, girlish victim all the time. At least she states and pursues whatever it is she wants. So many women will do things they don't want to, and then whine afterwards. We need more women like her.

by Anonymousreply 251November 4, 2018 5:49 AM

R195. Tell us what you really think.

by Anonymousreply 252November 4, 2018 5:49 AM

wow, I think her PR is posting in this thread. Never been a bad actress? Ever seen Mary Reily or whatever the fuck that was?

by Anonymousreply 253November 4, 2018 7:08 AM

r249 Kate was a lesbian. She was married for a few years, but she took as little dick as possible.

by Anonymousreply 254November 4, 2018 8:03 AM

It cracks me up that she flew across the pond to rip Daniel Day Lewis out of Adjani’s pregnant, plump, litte hands. Now THAT, takes a combination of balls, self confidence, and complete delusion, to do. Love it.

That’s the kind of mindset one needs to become a fucking movie star.

by Anonymousreply 255November 4, 2018 10:03 AM

Hey, when the dick is good..

by Anonymousreply 256November 4, 2018 5:33 PM

Slut.

by Anonymousreply 257November 6, 2018 10:24 PM

Her half-sister Nancy Motes said that Julia got her a job as a PA on Glee, an also paid for her weight loss surgery. Then Julia told her, " I pay thousands of dollars for you to have weight loss surgery and you're going through a McDonalds drive thru? Life is fascinating. "

She said that's what set off her depression. How cunty can you be? Maybe she was just getting a diet Coke!

by Anonymousreply 258November 6, 2018 10:46 PM

Sorry gays, I love her. She even shows up in my dreams once in a while and each time I’m like “OMG, I’m friends with Julia Roberts!”

by Anonymousreply 259November 7, 2018 12:20 AM

R257 = Jennifer Lawrence, projecting.

by Anonymousreply 260November 8, 2018 3:27 AM

Her performances in "Eat Pray Love" and "Larry Crowne" are Bad Movie Acting 101.

by Anonymousreply 261November 8, 2018 3:57 AM

A paycheck role and a favor one to Queen Tom Hanks. She's said s couple of times La Hanks is a great gossip.

by Anonymousreply 262November 8, 2018 3:59 AM

Wow I am watching the kitty kelley reels Julia Roberts right now and I can't believe what a witch of a human Julia is!

Man eater, bratty with Spielberg, no morality, called Moder's wife and said "Your husband is yummy I'm sitting on his lap right now I want him and i'll give you 200k to divorce him" ... jesus what a total waster of a person!

by Anonymousreply 263November 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Entitled, moves around from man to man at light speed, wretched on movie sets ... lol ... fame and superstardom never improves human beings: FACT.

Spielberg said he would never work with her again and nicknamed her TinkerHELL haha

by Anonymousreply 264November 8, 2018 6:54 PM

Oh man it's getting worse now they're talking about her behavior to her sister and the "maybe" she fucked Clooney because her history says she sleeps with ALL of her co-stars LMAO.

What the hell is wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 265November 8, 2018 6:59 PM

What judgey little queens. Everyone knows she likes her dick. That miserable husband included. Like you don't.

by Anonymousreply 266November 9, 2018 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!