Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay married & muscled doctor/nurse couple part II

Time for a new thread about DL's new favorite medical muscle couple!

thanking an instagram page that recently featured him (he thanks all the ones with a lot of followers)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 14, 2018 4:20 PM

the original thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 10:31 PM

most recent thought-provoking fb post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 10:34 PM

Congrats guys, you've made it!

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 10:36 PM

Where is the FB post our Dear Steroided Jake referenced DL?

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 10:41 PM

R4 is the link not working? He wrote:

[quote] Ted: shows me article "couples who argue love each other more" Me: is this a trap? #marriage

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 10:57 PM

He looks ridiculous in that picture with the polo. Roid body is not proportioned AND, of course, there is the stethoscope, hanging uselessly. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 11:04 PM

Gayface, worst haircut ever, thin lips. Yuck. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 11:25 PM

Well, if he didn't sport the stethoscope, one might forget that he's a DOCTOR, and not just some common, everyday, self-absorbed Instagram ho

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2018 1:18 AM

There's no way on earth that his body is not chemically enhanced. Zero possibility.

Ted really was on the very edges of that Montreal Pride pic, barely a part of the group. After seeing that video they posted, Ted comes off as a very nelly, needy bottom. Does anyone here really think that Jake - who obsesses about himself 24 hours a day and is most likely also dreaming about his body - is really giving the attention that Ted's ass requires in the bedroom?

This will end with Ted either stepping out on Jake for another top/tops or a murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2018 1:39 PM

His eyes betray his profound existential sadness.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2018 6:00 PM

This couple doesn't deserve a second thread

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2018 7:08 PM

Oh, but everyone must remember that Jake is fully evolved now since he apologized to his family members for being gay. He is the picture of mental, physical, and emotional health with the picture perfect husband and career.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2018 8:01 PM

^So I guess he won't feel the need to post anymore shirtless selfies or self-reverential monologues?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, right!

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2018 8:28 PM

jakejacob01It’s been over a week since I called my family to become complete with the past. In that week I have felt more internal peace than I have ever felt in my life. However that peace pales in comparison to the outpouring of love and support I have received from friends, family, and even strangers.

Since my last post I have received message after message of encouragement. Some identifying with similar experience in their life, and some even used the post as a catalyst to call their own families, to come out, and/or to reconnect.

I’m reminded that we are all striving towards the same goals, to find happiness, joy, belonging, acceptance, purpose. I look at strangers and friends in a new light. I see a powerful but fragile person wanting to find connections and be heard and seen for who they are, and to bring out their best potential. Everyone wants to be their best, and be seen as their best self.

I’ve learned the best way to tell if I’m truly happy is when I want everyone around me to find that same peace and happiness. Reminds me of one of my favorite analogies: love is not pie, there are not limited slices to give to those around you, love has an endless supply, and increases the more you give it to others.

#love #growth #adulting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 22, 2018 4:50 PM

back from Montreal last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2018 4:52 PM

The haircut is tragic, and doesn't hide the fact that he's balding.

by Anonymousreply 16August 22, 2018 5:14 PM

So in his latest soliloquy he's taking credit for other people coming out to their families. Nice.

Have to say, if some of his followers take their cues from the actions of a tragically delusional narcissist, they have worse problems than their family lives.

by Anonymousreply 17August 22, 2018 5:32 PM

“we are all striving towards the same goals, to find happiness, joy, belonging, acceptance, purpose”

and 28-inch waists and 18-Inch arms and 8-pack abs, and lots of nearly identical rich white male friends, without which life is simply not worth living.

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2018 9:30 PM

Someone needs to introduce these guys to Gio and Tommy

by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2018 9:32 PM

Been there, fucked that, R19

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2018 9:34 PM

Boy if these guys only knew how much I really wanted to live their lives. I mean they LOOK so happy.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2018 9:38 PM

Great looking with perfect body hair making himself freakish, with steroids and hours in the gym. Why don’t guys like this just work out and stay fit? I guess that’s not “enough”. He’s going to have all kinds of problems after 50 if not earlier.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2018 9:53 PM

R22, I think that's my problem with him, too. It's not enough that he is a nice-looking guy, but he has to blow himself up like a balloon? It's not enough that he's a doctor, but he's got to share his idea of profundity to try to save humanity? He's married to "the man of his dreams" but he needs to go to every circuit party in the world to fuck hot guys? There's a hole in him that will never be filled, no pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2018 10:02 PM

R19 Gio and Tommy wouldn't give these two Flyoverstan queens the time of day. They are NYC elites, not part of the local B-List city Muscle Mary brigade.

That's the thing with the gay world. There's always someone there to remind you that they are better than you. Richer than you. Prettier than you. Fitter than you

Better to blend in and be happy for you and not to prove your worth to others.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2018 10:33 PM

R24 at least Jake and Ted have real jobs unlike Tommy though.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2018 10:36 PM

R24, thank you for so ardently defending the honor of two shallow gay queens you'll never meet!

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2018 10:36 PM

He looks like a cartoon character in that Facebook photo at the OP. Popeye! Those arms are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2018 10:46 PM

R26 You've got to have someone to believe in. Besides, Tommy and Gio I'm pretty sure and younger.

You can get richer, buffer, smarter, prettier, but you can never get younger...

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2018 10:49 PM

Someone needs to introduce Jacob to an interior designer. In that photo at R15, that sofa and window treatment are hideous!

I wonder how much adulting he did while whoring it up in Montreal?

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2018 11:42 PM

Oh, and Tommi would want nothing to do with Jacob. He couldn't advance Tommi's march toward stardom. In 2 short years, Gio has helped Tommi become the co-host of the Rachael Ray show, AND book countless nationwide speaking engagements.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2018 11:43 PM

Huh, they live in my city and seems to travel alot. These two also seem to know lots of other "instahoe", which makes me wonder if there is a secret society, lol. I occasionally see both on Grindr and Scruff looking for 3rd, if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2018 12:14 AM

Teddy gave Jake some dessert while studying! Good to know he eats that from time to time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2018 3:17 AM

What is he studying? Isn't he a doctor??

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2018 3:23 AM

he's studying for some board certification

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2018 3:28 AM

Seems a rather poor decision to jet off to Montreal Pride if he has boards coming up.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2018 12:21 PM

Isn’t he a rehab doctor? There’s not much to studying to do.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2018 2:13 PM

I guess I would go to him if it was a real emergency.

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2018 2:30 PM

from this past weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2018 5:04 PM

Oh god. He is not a celebrity! Maybe in his own mind.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2018 5:27 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2018 5:29 PM

Can you imagine if you were in a real medical emergency and THIS person was responsible for saving you? He would probably be checking out the lighting in the ER operating room to make sure he looked good in it. And had the right size scrubs on that accentuate the size of his ass and bicep size.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2018 5:40 PM

Excuse my beauty, but it's selfie time!

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2018 5:46 PM

R41, a well-choreographed life saving science doctor performance is so much more than anything you've done for me. I might have to start taking up that hashtag nonsense the interneters use to torture you. Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2018 5:49 PM

I wouldn’t go near a doctor who looked like that in a million years. Utterly preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2018 6:02 PM

R41, I would be afraid to have him touch me. He would probably give me an STD.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2018 6:08 PM

He and all his friends look like they'd reek of meth and body spray.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2018 6:48 PM

Yet, they are still willing to save your life after you've shit your pants, R46. Because they're givers and when you're in an accident, you're just a pants shitting taker of medicinal magic.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2018 6:53 PM

Fangurl alert @ 47!

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2018 6:58 PM

I've dated someone who was this into their body and, honestly, it's just exhausting. He was a former fattie who had become a very hot personal trainer. Too much discussion of how many calories everything on the table had and he was constantly unavailable to do stuff because of workout schedule and his clients. I started to feel like just another client, so I ended things. These kind of people can really only date themselves. They should remain single and just have a series of fuck buddies or something.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2018 7:01 PM

They renew my faith in a younger sluttier life saving generation.

It's like I'm gathering an online flock of "That Girl"s - they're sexy, they're smart, they're goofy, and they probably have a dad who appreciates Cleveland Steamers somewhere in the background.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2018 7:03 PM

How ironic, a doctor and nurse who look diseased.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2018 7:05 PM

R47, Jake will never fuck you, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2018 7:12 PM

R52, these posts are like cat videos on the internet. I don't want a cat, but it sure is fun looking.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2018 7:22 PM

I don't think they look diseased. Jack is obviously obsessed by his body and is willing to put lots of chemicals in it to make it grow.

Yes, men obsessed with their bodies talk about nothing else--it's only about their workout schedule and meals. Once I was in the middle of sex with one such guy and he actually said, "Can we hurry this up? My gym just got new equipment and I want to check it out."

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2018 7:26 PM

R43 is taking this so personally it makes me wonder if Jake is checking up on his threads here and maybe experiencing a little roid rage. I mean, why else would anyone care that much?

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2018 8:15 PM

Right? I mean, the world is full of caring, life-saving professionals whose lives outside work do NOT revolve around the gym, meal prep, and Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2018 8:59 PM

^ And hooking up with other insta-whores at Pridefests and circuit parties.

by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2018 9:55 PM

So Jake answered on instagram story that he's studying for specialty boards.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2018 3:40 AM

Ugly fucking haircut

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2018 3:46 AM

What is Jake's specialty? STDs? Steroids? PrEP? Self-adoration?

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2018 4:09 AM

I respect the fact that the guy is educated and, I'm assuming, taking his profession seriously. I'm also assuming that he is an expert at time management to be able to juggle his demanding job, additional reading/studying, exercising, diet plan, a relationship, a home, errands, etc., while still spending so much time on looking for hookups, exposing himself on social media and his endless soul searching/self-aggrandizement.

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2018 4:21 PM

R60 Lesbian Studies

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2018 4:28 PM

jakejacob01Yesterday was a hard day. It gave me pause because I don’t usually have “hard days” anymore, but every aspect of my life seemed to be up in the air without much solid ground to stand on. To make matters worse I already felt emotionally compromised and a bit defeated as the day started.

In the past I would fall back on self pity and anger, excusing away my emotions making other people to blame, but today was different. I owned every moment. I owned my heartache, I owned my mistakes, I owned my life right now, every part of it. Without anger or blame to get in the way I was only left with the decision to push through and simply exist in the moment, to celebrate it, even if it was not a great moment for me. I felt the disappointment and pain surge through me, and allowed myself to feel that disappointment and pain without making excuses. I simply let myself be exactly as I felt without self blame, self pity, or self defeat. I didn’t ask about the why and how things happened, things I couldn’t change, I simply lived in the present.

This was a new place for me to be. I may not be able to control how I felt at the moment but I could decide where to focus my efforts and attention. I could break out of the cycle of despair that I went down so often before. I realized there is nothing wrong with me as I am, life just happens sometimes. I decided to control the things within my power. I went to the gym and had a great workout, not to distract me from my problems and concerns, but to continue in my emotions while I worked productively. I ended up leaving feeling content and accomplished. I had no more control of my life than before, but I felt more at peace with the life I have right now.

This is not to say I’m unhappy. I love my life, but sometimes I can feel overwhelmed and anxious with myself and circumstances. I am not a victim or prisoner to my emotions and old habits. I’m happy that instead of reacting to situations, I can choose to be the person I want to be. I am happy to learn to wade through the hard times just as much as I enjoy the great times.

#gymspiration #innerpeace #chesthair #selfcare #communication #booty🍑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2018 5:34 PM

Total clickbait. Wants his followers to tell him how wonderful he is and to provide moral support even though he's given no clue about what's bothering him. Probably got turned down by another insta-whore he was trying to hook up with at the upcoming Southern Decadence so that's a tragedy to him. But of course posing shirtless makes it all better. What a piece of work!

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Yeah that is some vague booking bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2018 6:19 PM

Synthroid. Look it up. His deltoids are pumped with them. I respect bodybuilders, years of hard work and discipline. This? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2018 6:21 PM

It's weird how he doesn't have a six pack. I'll bet that keeps him up at night. Maybe because he's so short?

I doubt he uses synthesis, it looks lumpier or weirder than that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2018 6:23 PM

Synthroid ^

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2018 6:23 PM

His abs look great to me. If that's not a six-pack, what is it?

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2018 6:33 PM

R64 read it totally correctly. The vague "crisis," and shirtless pic = PLEASE tell me how fabulous I am!!!

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2018 12:39 AM

Chest day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2018 2:46 AM

R71 jesus without instagram filter he’s kind of hideous.

by Anonymousreply 72August 25, 2018 2:52 AM

Seems the type that would take a shirtless selfie with an unconscious patient in the background if he thought he was having a particularly "pumped" looking day.

by Anonymousreply 73August 25, 2018 3:36 AM

The only correct response to r63:

M A R Y !

by Anonymousreply 74August 25, 2018 6:47 AM

What was his "crisis"? Did he fail his board certification exam?

by Anonymousreply 75August 25, 2018 8:40 AM

#adulting.

Really ?

And all that pretentious ‘feelings’ shit. How he looks at strangers and friends in a different light because he came out ? ‘ Love is not a pie ‘ ?

This is a fourteen year old girl trapped in a grown man’s body. Maybe that’s why he is so driven about working out.

by Anonymousreply 76August 25, 2018 1:59 PM

I just can't figure out that hairstyle he's sporting

by Anonymousreply 77August 25, 2018 3:25 PM

^ "Futilely trying to divert attention away from his dwindling follicles"

by Anonymousreply 78August 25, 2018 5:31 PM

Roids

by Anonymousreply 79August 25, 2018 5:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2018 3:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2018 3:20 PM

R69 his stomach is flat but there's no clear lines where his abs are that would indicate a six pack. There's some weird outlines but he likely can't get the traditional six pack which is why he cuts himself.

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2018 3:22 PM

Above poster is right. He has profound sadness in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2018 6:41 PM

6 pack is mostly about diet. It's hard to gain muscle while staying ripped at the same time as it's inevitable you'll pick up a bit of fat along the way

by Anonymousreply 84August 26, 2018 7:29 PM

He has lots of shoulder acne in the pic at R80 which is another sign of steroid use.

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2018 2:24 PM

I'm sure he's working out extra hard this week and making sure the husband does, too. Southern Decadence is this weekend and there are dates for threesomes and orgies and gangbangs to be made.

by Anonymousreply 86August 27, 2018 5:07 PM

So Ted is a fan of Colton Haynes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2018 5:14 PM

Ted is a fan of double penetration.

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2018 5:17 PM

OMG a gay guy does NOT want to be wearing a jacket with huge letters "D.P.!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2018 5:20 PM

I think Jake's more depressed sounding Instagram posts as of late might be a result of visiting here daily to see what we're saying about him. A real narcissist would never be able to resist coming to this thread at least bi-weekly.

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2018 5:27 PM

I'm sure Jake would tell himself, repeatedly, we're all just "jealous haters" because we aren't him.

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2018 5:31 PM

I was following him on Instagram and had to stop because all I wanted to do was slap the fuck out of his puppy dog face.

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2018 5:32 PM

Same here, R92, It got tiresome rather quickly.

by Anonymousreply 93August 27, 2018 5:34 PM

R80 he looks repulsive there

by Anonymousreply 94August 27, 2018 5:42 PM

Eh, I'd still do him.

by Anonymousreply 95August 27, 2018 5:44 PM

Jake's Instagram is just extremely self-indulgent. It's a curated version of who he would LIKE to be, not the Jake of reality-ville. And this is not unique. Many people create an image on social media that is far from reality. Just look at the pyramid scheming Colorado mom who regularly paraded around her hot husband and two children on Instagram as representing her ascension to the top of the straight pyramid, only to be murdered by said husband and buried in a shallow grave on his worksite.

All that glitters is not gold. I would guess that the Jake and Ted relationship is much more tenuous than is being portrayed on social media and made more so by Jake's "All About Me" attitude. Ted has most likely found side tops that are not within the bounds and rules of their relationship. Ted might end up being a "starter marriage" for Jake who is obviously still working through his damaged familial relationships and might not be able to make this thing work in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 96August 27, 2018 5:45 PM

I feel a little sorry for Jake. He obviously had a difficult experience with his family when coming out and now feels the need to be the best little boy in the world: the best doctor, the best husband, the best instagam philosopher, the best body builder, the best circuit party whore. It must be exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 97August 27, 2018 8:51 PM

If “The Velvet Rage” is ever updated, basically the whole book could be a case study of him.

by Anonymousreply 98August 27, 2018 8:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 27, 2018 9:59 PM

^ not a lot of happiness in that face

by Anonymousreply 100August 27, 2018 10:02 PM

He looks sad/dead inside maybe , Think he will get a hair transplant or embrace the bald?

by Anonymousreply 101August 27, 2018 10:03 PM

Nothing matters to this guy but getting more social media followers...and finding other whores to hook up with. Does he even go one day without self-aggrandizement?

by Anonymousreply 102August 27, 2018 10:06 PM

For a doctor he sure has a lot of free time

by Anonymousreply 103August 27, 2018 10:14 PM

He's dead in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 104August 27, 2018 10:58 PM

He sounds loathsome, but his hairy chest is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 105August 27, 2018 11:18 PM

He's not even goodlooking. And wearing his hair in that manner emphasizes the receding line and six-head.

by Anonymousreply 106August 27, 2018 11:27 PM

He should let it grow, comb it forward, flip it to the right, spray it, tease it, build a pyramid, and then swoop it down to the left. Very presidential.

by Anonymousreply 107August 28, 2018 12:23 AM

R102 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 108August 28, 2018 12:45 AM

He has a large nose.

by Anonymousreply 109August 28, 2018 1:43 PM

Are puffy eyes a side effect of steroids?

by Anonymousreply 110August 28, 2018 2:18 PM

You're all just jealous hates. He's got 110 replies on thread, that's 110 times someone has thought of him. He is winning in life.

by Anonymousreply 111August 28, 2018 5:06 PM

I can guarantee you he is thinking, "Only 110 replies? What do I have to do to get more? Whatever it is, I'll do it! "

by Anonymousreply 112August 28, 2018 5:09 PM

R111 sounds like a loser if he thinks being a discussion thread on Datalounge means you’re “winning.”

by Anonymousreply 113August 28, 2018 5:11 PM

R111 sounds like he’d walk by a horrifying crash and the first thing he’d think: these guys are winning! They are gonna be all over the news and social media. Everybody is gonna be talking about them.

by Anonymousreply 114August 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Jake has made the fatal error of trying too hard. Everything about him just screams of insecurity: the overworked body, the overwrought prose, the overeager attempts to be hot so more "personal trainers" will fuck him at all the pride fests he feels compelled to attend.

by Anonymousreply 115August 28, 2018 5:25 PM

R111 is one of Jake's acolytes.

by Anonymousreply 116August 28, 2018 5:36 PM

I do like muscular guys and I like Jake's body a lot. His overly long posts are weird though. The pairing of hardly any clothes with introspection is definitely unusual lol

by Anonymousreply 117August 28, 2018 5:43 PM

[QUOTE]I like Jake's body a lot.

So does Jake!

by Anonymousreply 118August 28, 2018 5:56 PM

I ran across Jake on instagram and started to follow him because I loved that hairy chest, (I'm shallow that way) but as soon as I saw some of those posts, even I found him to be so insincere and phony I dropped him almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 119August 28, 2018 6:04 PM

R118, I doubt he loves his body. He could be the second hottest man in history and he’ll be bitter and consider himself ugly for not being number one. These narcissist know they’re ugly deep down so that’s why they try to overcompensate with steroids and gym. In NYC, the higher up you go, the more insecure they are. I imagine it’s the same in smaller cities.

by Anonymousreply 120August 28, 2018 6:46 PM

San Antonio, not much competition. Kansas City I can see some but still not enough. They used to be Miami circuit goers, Jake made a long post about how he doesn't really do that anymore...lol

But I do wonder what their pecking order in Miami was.

by Anonymousreply 121August 28, 2018 7:23 PM

They were at Montreal Pride whoring it up. If they went to Montreal, they probably go to to just about every major city to party to see what other anonymous lunkheads they can fuck with. The sad thing is, it will never be enough. Jake will hit his dreaded 40s soon enough, and then he'll be just another over the hill circuit boy having to settle for 5s and 6s instead of 7s and 8s.

by Anonymousreply 122August 28, 2018 7:53 PM

He is the exact person you picture when you think of a person who needs to take a "social media break."

by Anonymousreply 123August 28, 2018 8:13 PM

So many of you can't find stop finding ways to knock them down at every chance you get. Don't you folks get it, in 2018 - the more you're talked about, the more you are doing it right.

In today's social media mindset, the more you dig at someone the more it reflects on your own insecurity and jealousy. People like Jake are giving his followers want they want. What do you have to give? Not nearly as much no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 124August 28, 2018 8:54 PM

R124 = Trump voter

by Anonymousreply 125August 28, 2018 9:00 PM

R124 = Jake

by Anonymousreply 126August 28, 2018 9:07 PM

I think it might be Ted, actually. The post isn't nearly long enough to be Jake's.

by Anonymousreply 127August 28, 2018 9:11 PM

R124 = minor Kardashian

by Anonymousreply 128August 28, 2018 9:13 PM

Do we think Ted is that well-written? He looks a bit "special".

by Anonymousreply 129August 28, 2018 9:13 PM

No wonder Jake needs to remind himself of how well he's doing and how far he's come.

Even in the year 2018, so may gay men reared in self-loathing and hate from repression. Here is a successful, fit, and open gay man celebrating his journey and 99.6% of the posters are tearing him to shreds. Don't get mad at the fundies and Republicans, just look to yourselves for the hate the gay community still faces.

If any of you had a body building, charismatic, doctor come to your door I' like to see the first one of you to turn him away.

Gay men love having something to gawk and gossip over - but heaven forbid it be someone who has succeeded more than they ever will.

Hypocrites all of you.

#TeamJake

by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2018 9:22 PM

R130, you're obviously Jake. No one else could possibly feel so compelled to defend your particular brand of narcissism. Let us clue you in: the only reason you have supporters is because some people find your hairy torso attractive, if somewhat cartoonish. They're not liking your posts because of any significant insights you share, which are shallow and self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2018 9:39 PM

Jake comments on the circuit party fight video that went viral on the internet today, saying he never saw such behavior at all the events he's gone to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 28, 2018 9:48 PM

I would breed Teddington though and then have him head home to Jake with no cleanup.

I see Jake as "white and Latino only" while his husband takes black dick on the DL. Just a feeling not sure if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 133August 28, 2018 9:58 PM

R132 that's because they are on the Drugs and don't see anything but naked torsos and dancing flesh!

by Anonymousreply 134August 28, 2018 10:08 PM

That tells you where his priorities are at if Jake felt compelled to take time away from his busy schedule to assure us all that in his vast experience with circuit parties, there hasn't been much bitch slapping going on. Thank you, Jake! We were really worried about your safety!

by Anonymousreply 135August 28, 2018 10:17 PM

Jake's circuit parties are all black tie affairs with twelve course meals and butlers! He doesn't condone this wanton hedonism that occurs at "lesser" parties with "those" people!

by Anonymousreply 136August 28, 2018 10:24 PM

He looks like Popeye on that photo at R135.

by Anonymousreply 137August 28, 2018 10:25 PM

You have to laugh at that footage of a couple of gaybots slapping each other around in a sea of shirtlessness. But Jake feels compelled to reassure us that he's never witnessed such happenings at similar events. Why? Who the fuck cares? He's probably just sorry he wasn't able to go. All that potential for anonymous sex with lookalike humanoids, gone!

by Anonymousreply 138August 28, 2018 10:49 PM

R132 weird hands

by Anonymousreply 139August 29, 2018 12:19 AM

In all of his long-winded posts, has Jake ever once said what compelled him to be a doctor? That he enjoys working with patients? Helping them heal?

by Anonymousreply 140August 29, 2018 1:13 AM

Now that you mention it, R140, no, he has not. He never takes the time to mention anything about the actual healing of sick people at all. It’s all MEMEMEMEMEMCHESTMEMEMEMEMEGYMMEMEMEMESTETHOSCOPEMEMEMEME

by Anonymousreply 141August 29, 2018 2:43 AM

In fairness, a good number of doctors only went into it for money - like Jake probably. This is basically any Asian doctor and they could give two shits about their patients.

It’s also a good idea to leave professional details at a minimum on social media, just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 142August 29, 2018 2:52 AM

oh boy lol DL is going to love this. Jake just linked another doctor/model/trainer's instagram in his stories. This guy is from Venezuela but living in Australia. I assume they've dm'ed each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 29, 2018 2:58 AM

his instagram account...he has an onlyfans page linked...I don't have an account there so can't see. What kind of onlyfans content does he post? lol isn't that usually for nude models and porn? I can't see a doctor doing that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 29, 2018 2:59 AM

Dr. Oscar is *SO* much hotter than Jake. Good god. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 145August 29, 2018 3:17 AM

How soon before Jake is posting photos from Australia?

by Anonymousreply 146August 29, 2018 3:32 AM

A doctor with a "fans only" page. Christ, now I've seen everything. Total fucking whore. And obviously, extremely needy in terms of attention. Another "Jake" with a hole that will never be filled no matter how many times he gets fucked. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2018 2:21 PM

Do these men not have any friends that are just regular guys?

by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2018 2:29 PM

I asked that same thing upthread, R148. Jake is never pictured with anyone who is less than about an "8" (except Ted, of course). You know that he doesn't have an "average Joe" type friends because he pities people who are not Instagram models or have a visible six-pack.

Even his one "charity friend" who is in a wheelchair is extremely hot.

by Anonymousreply 149August 29, 2018 2:39 PM

R149 Yeah, you're right. Well...that puts him on my shit list. What a pathetic existence he must have.

by Anonymousreply 150August 29, 2018 2:42 PM

Jake has a hard fall coming when the hair really starts going and middle age hits. His ego will not allow him to age gracefully and he'll become even more of a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 151August 29, 2018 4:48 PM

From Jake's Facebook:

Walking out of the Montreal Pride festival with 3 of my friends Man angrily shouts: “you are the epitome of being white!” Me: you’re not wrong... but what does that mean?

Yes, I'm so sure that he shouted, "You're not wrong!" Does every single thing he posts have to be so annoying? Who were the 3 friends and why was Ted not mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 152August 29, 2018 5:17 PM

R151, he’s the next ME!

by Anonymousreply 153August 29, 2018 6:01 PM

This gay doctor from Spain is much hotter ( and normal)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 29, 2018 6:32 PM

OMG, wow, R154. Fucking gorgeous. Much hotter than Jake.

by Anonymousreply 155August 29, 2018 6:34 PM

And he only asks for 15$ per month to see his cock !

by Anonymousreply 156August 29, 2018 7:21 PM

R156 So normal.

by Anonymousreply 157August 29, 2018 8:20 PM

The Spanish doc at R154 only has 93 posts! And in lots of them, he has clothes on! And he's not blimped out on roids! And he's not sharing his deep thoughts! What the hell is wrong with him?!?

by Anonymousreply 158August 29, 2018 10:00 PM

Ted's response to Jake's fb post:

[quote] Ted Teddington That was an odd observation. I don’t think any of us figured that one out.

by Anonymousreply 159August 29, 2018 10:45 PM

R148 I do often wonder how they make friends. DM'ing each other on Instagram is not how to be friends.

It is strange that all of his "friends" are Instagram models from other states and countries. And not an ugly in sight! Word to the smart models Jake, they have a Designated Ugly Fat Friend so they aren't shown to be totally vapid.

by Anonymousreply 160August 29, 2018 10:56 PM

R160 Well I guessed Teddington would count

by Anonymousreply 161August 29, 2018 10:58 PM

Omg!

by Anonymousreply 162August 29, 2018 10:59 PM

Damn! The gay doctor from Spain is so fine! He’s making me thirsty without revealing his pathetic neediness. He’s also very hot without trying, doesn’t look like he’s on steroids.

Jake should take notes.

by Anonymousreply 163August 29, 2018 11:18 PM

Why did Jake feel the need to share that story? Does he imagine any banal thing that happens in his life is FASCINATING??

And poor Ted. He's now just a "friend." And by friend, I mean someone Jake fucks around with, like his other "friends."

by Anonymousreply 164August 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Jake has noticed he's starting to get some gray hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 30, 2018 12:51 AM

R164 has he noticed his forehead is a few inches bigger also?

by Anonymousreply 166August 30, 2018 12:56 AM

I'm surprised that they weren't in Mykonos with the other Circuut gays.

by Anonymousreply 167August 30, 2018 1:54 AM

R167, he was but he’s NOT that kind of gay. He’s a lover not a fighter. He was at the gangbang.

by Anonymousreply 168August 30, 2018 2:18 AM

You guys are acting like a bunch of scorned middle school girls.

“Yeah, let’s find someone else who’s on the same level as that girl we hate and then fawn all over the new girl to make our enemy feel worse...”

You do know these obvious attempts to undermine Jake are actually complimenting him right? He knows that he’s done his part of getting you to notice and feel his presence enough to keep coming back here..:

You all need to grow boobs and start your periods now.

by Anonymousreply 169August 30, 2018 4:20 AM

Hi Jake! Good to see you here. Now, let's chat about that hair...

by Anonymousreply 170August 30, 2018 12:32 PM

Jake, you're obviously primping for Southern Decadence, so can we just have a word about your hairstyle? It just accentuates everything that's wrong with your face. Better to go for a buzz cut and grow the beard a little longer.

And remember, the event is not a failure just because some hot guys don't want to fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 171August 30, 2018 1:47 PM

Not Jake but enjoy fooling yourselves that you’re deflating his ego. Pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 172August 30, 2018 2:00 PM

Oh god. It's actually even more pathetic that you're NOT him, R172.

Jake strives for perfection in all things (that "Best Little Boy in the World" post was spot-on). So, yes, this thread is absolutely bothering him contrary to the army of admirers' (which probably include Jake himself) protestations. Especially some of the very on-point and helpful psychological assessment.

Frankly, we've saved Jake several therapy sessions by diagnosing his various problems right here for free - rather easily, I might add.

So, you're welcome, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 173August 30, 2018 2:27 PM

"Ted just ordered a pineapple, beef, and chicken pizza. WTF?"

by Anonymousreply 174August 30, 2018 2:41 PM

Ted is such a frau.

by Anonymousreply 175August 30, 2018 3:23 PM

R173 You should really be on Instagram right now, following Jake's every move. Since your daily well-being depends on his next steps.

You should send Jake a DM to thank him for giving your days purpose. He may even write a post about you:

"So, I don't spend too much time online, as I find it distracts me from my work, fitness, friends, and most importantly - loving husband Ted. One of my many (THANK YOU xoxo) followers told me about this one website people go to, I hear its been around since the beginning of the internet or something like that. Hard to believe I was still a kid essentially when it started. Many of the regulars are our older generation who admittedly have been spending the last 3 or 4 decades of our lives fighting for the rights we (myself life included) are getting to enjoy so much today. Gotta love the older generations who came before us. But I digress. Apparently I have become a subject of one of the threads (if that's the correct thing to call it, I really don't know and since most of my friends are on Instagram they don't know either). Of course, as is common in our society, the tone of the posts is not positive. Not to say they are jealous of me, because I am sure many of these men have spent many many many many many many years finding their own happiness and have so much to be thankful for (I hear many of them are still in their NYC rent-controlled apartments paying a little more than what they got it for in 1979 - can you imagine living in the same little studio walk-up in Manhattan for almost 40 years ?!?!!??). That's just insane. Anyway, apparently my choices and lifestyle is being HOTLY debated. Ok fellas, slight pun intended there :) This gives me the perfect opportunity to reflect. While it saddens me that some find it necessary to criticize, bash, hurt, and denigrate, I choose to be happy. I choose to live for myself. I choose love. The same love I feel when I read your comments. The same love I feel when I'm on the dancefloor where all of us come for the same reason. The same love I feel when I walk out of the office, or gym, knowing I did the best I could. I may not be perfect. I may be damaged. I may be vulnerable. I may be never enough. BUT, I am me and today I choose to be happy. To those on Dataroom, may you find the peace that is the key to your happiness as well. Thank you Databoard, you have reminded me what I have lost and what I have won."

by Anonymousreply 176August 30, 2018 3:24 PM

SHIRTLESS STUDYING!

jakejacob01Studying like this: it’s how I’ve been living my life for the past 10 years, pouring over books, lectures, journals, articles, reviews. Same position, sitting, staring at a computer screen trying to get all the information in front of my eyes to soak into my brain. I guess it could be kind of depressing to look at life that way, but I’ve been lucky enough to have so many life altering experiences on this journey.

I’ve experienced the miracle of birth, delivering a child into my own hands, in all of its magnitude. I cried as I held my first delivery in my hands and passed the precious new life to the mother to hold for the first time. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room.

Like many others, I’ve seen death up close, even fought against with split-seconds decisions to change outcomes. I’ve helped families welcome death as a peaceful ending for their loved ones. I’ve watched people I’ve grown to love slowly slip away from cancer and other illnesses while doing everything I could to aid in their comfort.

I like to take mental snapshots of who I am at given points of time. I’ve learned to look back at these memories to appreciate who I was, and more importantly who I have become. Even more exciting is the possibility of the future. 25 year old Jake couldn’t pretend to comprehend what 35 year old Jake has become. Now I’m excited to see who and what I will become over the next ten years. That will only happen if I allow myself to have new experiences and as anyone who knows me can attest, I say “yay to new experiences!”

To say I am a different person than when I started grad school is an understatement, and I’m not talking about the new gray hair and wrinkles (which I love). I may be sitting in the same position, hunched over a book or computer but the man looking back at me has been transformed. The more I learn the more I realize how much I don’t know. The more I see the more I want to experience. The more I experience the more I become and understand, and the more I realize how much I don’t know. It’s a beautiful cycle of growth and progress. Life is truly an amazing adventure.

#lifetimelearner #chesthair #physician #doctor #studytime #gratitude #growth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 30, 2018 8:05 PM

Just think if he decided to use his power for good...instead of everything being me me me.

by Anonymousreply 178August 30, 2018 8:57 PM

R178 How do you know that he is not? He's a doctor, right? What exactly is required to "use his power for good?" Devote his whole life to other causes but himself? I'd venture to say most DLers come nowhere near that standard.

by Anonymousreply 179August 30, 2018 9:38 PM

Glad that Jake could spare a moment from his heavy study schedule to snap a shirtless selfie. Thanks Jake! Oh, and get real. If Jake was doing good works, there is no possible way he wouldn't humble brag about it on his social media.

by Anonymousreply 180August 30, 2018 9:58 PM

I’m sure the posters here will be the first to report of Jakes good works post. Admit it or not, they can’t let go of him. His presence is undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 181August 31, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote]It’s 650pm, I’veworked a full day, lifted, and am walking around looking at furniture when I break into a cold sweat and my brain shuts down. Turns out I forgot to eat today... #selfcarewhat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 31, 2018 2:35 AM

" I had the worst headache. And then. . .the world went dark.

Turns out. . .I forgot to breathe."

by Anonymousreply 183August 31, 2018 2:58 AM

Ugh. If only.

And no way he forgot to eat. To maintain a body like that you KNOW he meal preps once a week and has it all planned out down to the last detail.

by Anonymousreply 184August 31, 2018 3:03 AM

He's full of shit. Guys with bodies like his are fanatical about what they eat and when they eat.

by Anonymousreply 185August 31, 2018 3:04 AM

This guy is such a narcissist that when he described delivering a baby for the first time, it was all about him. The tears in those eyes weren't about you, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 186August 31, 2018 2:08 PM

An unbelievably boring person and not half as hot as he thinks he is. Some of those hashtags alongside each other (#chesthair #studytime) are just ridiculous and embarrassing.

There’s also no way that the people coming on here to defend and laud him are anyone other than Jake himself, possibly Ted.

by Anonymousreply 187August 31, 2018 4:20 PM

Instead of the do-it-yourself therapy Jake essays whenever he sits down at the keyboard to share his deep thoughts with us, I wish he would find a qualified counselor who would help him deal with his pathological neediness. Of course, it might mean he wouldn't then need to keep artificially inflating his body and seeking anonymous sex at circuit parties, so Ted would probably go by the wayside.

by Anonymousreply 188August 31, 2018 4:26 PM

You keep at it, Jake! For all the naysayers who claim your vapidity, stupidity, and vanity, you are definitely getting noticed and discussed. Your life is talk-worthy, even if criticized. It's one thing to shrivel away in embarrassment and shame, but that is not your style as your story has demonstrated.

As they say, he who laughs last laughs loudest. I'm sure you'll be laughing and smiling and whatever else (wink) all the way through the weekend!

by Anonymousreply 189August 31, 2018 4:50 PM

Well, we can at least be assured that Jake will spend the weekend thinking about himself and snapping selfies.

by Anonymousreply 190August 31, 2018 4:54 PM

I'm sure Jake is New Orleans-bound for Southern Decadence, like all of the other sluts I know.

by Anonymousreply 191August 31, 2018 5:02 PM

He's probably penning his latest paean to himself on the plane, right now!

"Dear Diary: How I overcame the fat person sitting on the seat next to me. I set an example for her so she would know you could be healthy and NOT fat, and someday she might even look as good as myself! When I was young, I often wished for a role model like myself now so I knew what could be accomplished. I am somewhat envious of this fat person, who has me to look to as her shining example of what could be. I expect she will thank me as I exit the plane, and I will chuck her on the chins and say, "You go, girl!"

by Anonymousreply 192August 31, 2018 5:12 PM

R191 Those must be Flyoverstan sluts. Kansas City, Dallas, Atlanta, Jacksonville. All the A-Gay Sluts are returning from Mykonos.

Southern Decadence is nothing but a bunch of country hicks getting together in the swamp.

That's one real dig at Jake. He's really B/B- list at best. Still better than the not on the list crowd here who hates him with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 193August 31, 2018 6:05 PM

R187, the people defending him are his fans from Instagram who are deluded enough to think Jake would stomach being around them in real life. I actually think Ted is probably making fun of him as well.

by Anonymousreply 194August 31, 2018 6:48 PM

[Quote]Like many others, I’ve seen death up close, even fought against with split-seconds decisions to change outcomes.

😐😦😧😲😳🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

by Anonymousreply 195August 31, 2018 7:02 PM

doughnut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 31, 2018 7:05 PM

The quote in r195 juxtaposed against r196 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 197September 1, 2018 12:42 AM

That haircut is awful.

by Anonymousreply 198September 1, 2018 12:43 AM

A bald + beard look would suit him. And the beard would help cover those thin lips. Do it Dr J!

by Anonymousreply 199September 1, 2018 1:23 AM

He'll be bald soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 200September 1, 2018 1:35 AM

R200 he can afford a rug

by Anonymousreply 201September 1, 2018 1:41 AM

I immediately thought of Jake and this thread when I saw this on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 1, 2018 2:18 AM

R193 Most guys here would have made the list if not now then 20 years ago and standards were better and more restrictive then. Lots of gatekeeping and not a lot of gays to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 203September 1, 2018 10:20 PM

I can't post a video link but it looks like based on his insta story that Jake and Ted have moved into a high-rise in KC. Jake thanked their friend who is in pharmacy school for helping them with the move:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204September 1, 2018 11:07 PM

well, a quick scan of the friend's instagram reveals him to be a douche and a republican.

by Anonymousreply 205September 1, 2018 11:12 PM

R205 but as long as he's hot, all is forgiven. Gays that co-sign and don't check that shit deserve whatever they get coming. Just don't whine about on Instagram

by Anonymousreply 206September 2, 2018 3:09 PM

But he's not hot. A very bland white bread Republican.

by Anonymousreply 207September 2, 2018 3:13 PM

Jake spent all day yesterday moving to the high rise so revealed on his story that he had no time for the gym!!!!

and here's his latest fb:

[quote]Why context is important: The only difference between men and women’s nipples is the 3 lbs of fat underneath, unless the man has boobs, then there’s no difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 2, 2018 5:26 PM

R207 True but all you need to be is white and athletic and you're instantly on the #1 list according to most gays. Str8 gets bonus points. This dude looks like your typical fratmen/Gayhoopla/hotguysfuck model. They all are coincidentally Trumpsters. Y'all getting pulled so easily and Mr Jake encouraging the worship and following

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 2, 2018 6:17 PM

Does Miss Flyover really think she is all that??

by Anonymousreply 210September 3, 2018 10:53 PM

jakejacob01It’s a Selfie Self-Reflection kinda day

The month of August was whirlwind of amazing new adventures. I moved to a new city (then moved again in the same city), started a new job. I called my family and spoke to them for the first time in years, revamping my entire outlook on relationships and life. I had some amazing and powerful conversations with special people, many life changing.

I finally learned how to better address my emotions, stop reacting and assuming and start assessing and processing. To take fear and hurt out of the equation and see my pain for exactly what it is, pain, knowing that I’m a human and I’m allowed to feel pain but it does not have to dictate how I act.

I learned how to take loving myself the next step further, to forgive myself and let go of angers and frustrations that only affect me. I learned to be alone in my pain and frustrations and not expect others to fix problems for me, and in doing so makes those who continue unwaveringly to stay by my side all the more precious to me.

I learned the power of choosing to be genuinely happy despite stressors and even anguish. That doesn’t mean ignoring how I feel, it simply means I don’t have to linger and wallow in it, I simply acknowledge it, give my pain the respect it deserves.

Most important I’ve learned to smile with confidence, and be my best self to those around me. I use to think being energetically happy took too much... energy. Counterintuitively I’ve learned that effort begets effort, life begets living. I thrive most when I see others for who they are, simply good people trying to do their best in this world. Here’s to another great month full of great adventures.

#selfworth #liveyourlife #beyourbestself #growth #lifelessons #gymselfie #chesthair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 3, 2018 11:34 PM

#chesthair? really???

by Anonymousreply 212September 3, 2018 11:36 PM

So she's Republican? Not surprised. #notsurprised #chesthair #whores

by Anonymousreply 213September 3, 2018 11:37 PM

Jake and Ted aren't. The guy who helped them move into their new place might be though

by Anonymousreply 214September 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Might be? He posted a quote from Putin, and some cartoon bashing Obama, asking why should people be penalized for being successful.

by Anonymousreply 215September 3, 2018 11:40 PM

R215 OK I didn't go through his posts. Not surprising though given he's in KC. Jake & Ted probably just care that he's mildly attractive and fit

by Anonymousreply 216September 4, 2018 12:09 AM

Where is Jake's stethoscope in R211. I thought he woke up with it around his neck everyday. Isn't that what he told us?

by Anonymousreply 217September 4, 2018 1:05 AM

I am a big ole queer. I love to look good and be looked at. But this level of narcissism-as-lifestyle shit is ABSURD. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 218September 4, 2018 1:09 AM

a real medical dr who uses roids?????

odd

by Anonymousreply 219September 4, 2018 1:21 AM

He missed a few hashtags. #narcissism #velvetrage #mememememe #heylookatme #noreallylookatme #pleaselookatme #steroids #bacne #microballs #worldsbesthumblebragger #isaidLOOKATME

by Anonymousreply 220September 4, 2018 1:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 4, 2018 10:23 PM

Why is Jacob so sad?

by Anonymousreply 222September 5, 2018 2:56 AM

#chesthair

by Anonymousreply 223September 5, 2018 1:24 PM

#flyoverqueen #bigfishsmallpond #RHOKC #wannabe #poser #BList #proudofit #owningit #lovethelifeyoulive #livethelifeofyourdreams #now #serenity #THRIVE

by Anonymousreply 224September 5, 2018 10:04 PM

r215 all signs of a Republican and a Trump supporter. I bet he thinks people on welfare are just lazy. After all, he went to school and became a doctor, so why can't Those People just do the same? It's so easy!

by Anonymousreply 225September 6, 2018 4:14 AM

R224, you forgot #marriedbutlooking, #betterthanyou. #thingsyoucandowithastethoscope, #youmustloveme, #supplementcity, #doctorswithoutboundaries, #donthatemebecaueimbeautiful, #hairthereandeverywhere

by Anonymousreply 226September 6, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]In the Dallas Medical Journal regarding the gender wage gap in medicine.

[quote] Doctors take a specific oath including Autonomy, Beneficence, Nonmaleficence, and Justice. One could argue this falls under Justice: Treat others equitably.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227September 6, 2018 4:48 AM

[quote]Ted (runs in while I’m studying): our new apartment has a gas range and a convection oven! [quote]Me: 😶🤨 [quote]Ted (running out of room): I’m cooking thanksgiving dinner! [quote]#itsthelittlethings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 6, 2018 4:50 AM

ugh let's try that again

Ted (runs in while I’m studying): our new apartment has a gas range and a convection oven!

[quote]Me: 😶🤨

[quote]Ted (running out of room): I’m cooking thanksgiving dinner!

[quote]#itsthelittlethings

by Anonymousreply 229September 6, 2018 4:51 AM

[quote] Mattress shopping is the best and the worst ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230September 6, 2018 4:52 AM

[quote]Gays demanding tolerance and acceptance yet publicly tearing down gay culture subsets because it doesn’t fit into theirs.

[quote]- Is that irony or just sad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 6, 2018 4:53 AM

Well, if that gay culture "subset" is massive egotism and narcissism, it's open season as far as DL is concerned. Let's not pretend Jake is anything more than he is: someone who wants to convince everyone how sensitive he is while showing the results of his efforts in the gym. One doesn't happen without the other. As they say, he's a mile wide but an inch deep.

by Anonymousreply 232September 6, 2018 1:28 PM

I just find that "Popeye" picture so physically revolting. His arms and biceps are cartoonish and almost freakishly disproportionate. It's not hot and actually makes me think he has body dysmorphia.

by Anonymousreply 233September 6, 2018 1:37 PM

Sadly enough, he seeks validation from young gay Instamen who aren't going to do anything for him. No doctor who cares about his professional reputation would make the choices he is making - steroids, partying, sharing every thought that comes to mind. His peers probably consider him a hot mess.

You'd best believe he'll continue bouncing from job to job and ultimately be out of practice within 5 years - if not 3 (or doing something medical-related, but not be practicing). The profession is too much of a commitment in more ways than one. Of course, that will allow him to be a true 40 something circuit boy... because

#40isthenew20 #worktolivenotlivetowork

by Anonymousreply 234September 6, 2018 4:18 PM

omg why would he post this

jakejacob01Probably my favorite candid moment from our trips this summer: eating cold spaghetti, getting caught stealing Teds food early in the morning.

Of all the experiences and locations I had the chance to visit, I cherish the little moments I spent with the people I love and the new friends I connected with so well. I cherish little moments like this, unplanned, unsolicited, getting teased, feeling loved.

During this trip I got really sick but I refused to accept it or slow down because I didn’t want to be a burden on anyone. My friends finally looked at me and said “Jake stop trying to control everything, let us help you.” It was humbling, but such a great lesson in allowing other people to serve me. I can’t have connections with people if I don’t allow others to love and serve me, if I don’t allow myself to be vulnerable. Tearing down those walls is scary, but living inside those walls is lonely. It doesn’t always work out but it’s worth the risk.

This little incognito video was taken by Ted on my first morning I could tolerate food. I was starving and I thought Ted was asleep. He apparently wasn’t and I got caught. It’s a silly moment but it’s turned into one of my favorite memories because it represents so much. It’s a reminder of my husband caring for me. A reminder that even during hard times there’s humor and love. A reminder to not take myself seriously. A reminder that I thrive with new experiences. A reminder of how human I am, I steal food, I get sick, I need help, I need love, I need to be valued, I need to be dependent on others at times.

My New Years resolution this year was to stop visiting places and start visiting people. I have loved building my relationships with the friends and family I have developed, and deepening my connections with them by having adventures and new experiences. I’ve also loved that I’ve been putting myself in vulnerable situations by getting to know new friends and seeking out authentic connections. Now I am excited to continue this journey in a new home, with new friends, and new exciting adventures, even if they are just little moments like this.

#candid #throwback #caughtintheact #whatsmineisyours #marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 6, 2018 7:19 PM

^And people think I'M a douche?!

by Anonymousreply 236September 6, 2018 7:36 PM

#candid my ass

by Anonymousreply 237September 6, 2018 7:40 PM

I'm sorry, R235, but that is one of the most ridiculously stupid posts he's ever crafted. One of these new friends needs to take him aside and tell him that less is more. He comes off like a self-indulgent idiot.

This is an actual quote: "I can’t have connections with people if I don’t allow others to love and serve me"

by Anonymousreply 238September 6, 2018 8:03 PM

#heyguysimnude, #youknowyouwantapiece, #dontyouwishyourboyfriendwashotlikeme, #nonoofcoursethiswasntplanned, #shamelesswhore

by Anonymousreply 239September 6, 2018 10:03 PM

Whenever I see a picture of him now I hear the opening of True Colors: "You with the sad eyes..."

by Anonymousreply 240September 6, 2018 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 6, 2018 11:11 PM

OutDaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 242September 6, 2018 11:16 PM

I can't handle it. I love how he was standing in the kitchen with his dick carefully hidden behind the cabinets so this "candid" moment in the kitchen would be presentable to be shared on IG. What person would even share that? I mean, some intimate things are just that...intimate. Private. Like standing in the kitchen nude and eating a plate of cold spaghetti first thing in the morning...after you have been sick in the days before...

by Anonymousreply 243September 7, 2018 1:00 AM

That whole post was crafted to elicit comments like "OMG even when sick you look amazing!!!" And yeah, the love and serve me comment was probably more revealing that Jake intended

by Anonymousreply 244September 7, 2018 1:19 AM

[quote]I can't handle it. I love how he was standing in the kitchen with his dick carefully hidden behind the cabinets so this "candid" moment in the kitchen would be presentable to be shared on IG. What person would even share that? I mean, some intimate things are just that...intimate. Private. Like standing in the kitchen nude and eating a plate of cold spaghetti first thing in the morning...after you have been sick in the days before...

I could never go to doctor who was such a fame whore and attention seeker. Sounds like he more than a few screws loose. Another tedious attention whore, quelle surprise!

If he can't keep away from social media and over sharing, you have to wonder what the fuck he says about his patients. He must gossip about all of them.

by Anonymousreply 245September 7, 2018 2:11 AM

He probably gets no patients hence the move to new city. Watch he will move again in the year.

I would never go to doctor that poses THAT much of himself. Ain’t no Republican in San Antonio or Kansas City doing so either. And he’s gay.

I wouldn’t even go with an insurance broker that acts this way.

by Anonymousreply 246September 7, 2018 4:29 AM

He looks old and not that cute in R241. His forehead is mammoth and that haircut does not do him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 247September 7, 2018 1:41 PM

Imagine him in 20 years. He’ll be nothing but gristle and steroid sweat.

by Anonymousreply 248September 7, 2018 2:26 PM

R248, that’s generous.

This bitch is entering suicide territory. The older he gets the less likely he can keep up the delusion then boom he’ll kill himself even though he’ll still be better off than most people in this world.

by Anonymousreply 249September 7, 2018 2:58 PM

And he'll still convince himself he's better than 98% of the population!

by Anonymousreply 250September 7, 2018 3:09 PM

I predict a murder-suicide.

It won't be Ted who will have been dumped by then.

by Anonymousreply 251September 7, 2018 4:03 PM

Nah. He'll be in his 40s/50s, probably all roided and leathered up (literally and fashionably), selling "pharmaceuticals" obtained with his medical degree to other old circuit queens in Fort Lauderdale and/or Palm Springs.

He will have abandoned his Instagram and all his "reflections" and adopt a persona and mindset that reads "I'm just here to use and be used. I'm dead inside already."

Of course, he and aforementioned leathery roid queens will convince themselves they won at life because they still go to circuit events and are surrounded by the crème de la crème of the gay totem pole. By osmosis, they are at the top too.

In this way, he'll still be the cliché he so strives to be.

by Anonymousreply 252September 7, 2018 4:50 PM

R252 he'll also be soliciting the young fit minority crowd on the apps because the young white boys will want nothing to do with him since he's short and not really good looking in the face

by Anonymousreply 253September 7, 2018 5:43 PM

I also feel like, at some point, he's going to try to shop a memoir of his gay Mormon years and his "struggles" with attaining "self-love" and his family drama. The gay version of "The Glass House" with a shot of "Boy Erased." He'll befriend some gay niche publisher somewhere and might even manage to get it published, yet no one will read it because it'll sound exactly like his Instagram posts which are long-winded and unoriginal in content.

It might even be a memoir + self-help (bodybuilding) hybrid. Because Jake has expertise all over the place!

by Anonymousreply 254September 7, 2018 5:44 PM

The sad loser fanbois who vomit praise all over his IG posts will buy his book. If only to lust after the pictures therein.

by Anonymousreply 255September 7, 2018 6:01 PM

What is this "book" you speak of?

by Anonymousreply 256September 7, 2018 6:10 PM

This guy reminds of a more successful Seth Fornea, who used to write long, flowery posts about how wonderful the gay community was, and was some sort of a chemist or researcher, then abandoned it all to be a go-go boy and "influencer," and now is living in some latin American country and making Onlyfans content.

by Anonymousreply 257September 7, 2018 7:21 PM

He also reminds me of me, when I was his age.

by Anonymousreply 258September 7, 2018 7:40 PM

30something? You were carrying on like a teenage girl then?

by Anonymousreply 259September 7, 2018 7:52 PM

R257 -- and bottoming bareback on videos. Did not understand that trajectory at all.

by Anonymousreply 260September 7, 2018 8:17 PM

Trajectory is not surprising whatsoever. Little boys taught to feel less than their whole lives. Manage to find their looks and physiques actually get them somewhere in the gay world in their 20s. Get self-esteem/validation from that. Incredible confidence boost for the little boy within...

Fast forward to that little boy realizing his looks have essentially turned him into an object. Not a person with emotional wants and needs. Just another conquest among conquests.

Still, being valued for something is better than being nothing. Self-destruction ensues as ego submits to what he's "good" at not really meaning much and not even filling all his needs. Further self-destruction to capitalize on that good while he's still young as the day expiration date is quickly quickly quickly coming. If that self-destruction goes too far (i.e., health, career, meaningful relationships), oh well, not much lost anyway.

Some lucky men realize this is their path and quickly change course - even if it is the hardest thing they have ever done. Others just give in and you see them in their 50s and everything about them just wreaks of lack of self worth.

Live long enough in any city with sizeable gay scene (I mean SCENE - not just a gay bar or two) and you will see this prototype.

by Anonymousreply 261September 7, 2018 9:03 PM

And some of us just give up before we have to face the reality of being 50. Nicely written, r261.

R259, do you even know who I was?

by Anonymousreply 262September 7, 2018 9:45 PM

I think we can all understand how some gay men have a streak of insecurity a mile wide, but it doesn't necessarily account for a college-educated professional like Seth Fornea giving it all up and doing bareback porn. He was probably queen of any party scene he wanted to be in when he first started showing up at events, but now he's just another nude model/porn star. Does he escort as well?

by Anonymousreply 263September 7, 2018 10:38 PM

teddington_01Wednesday night was date night for Jake and I in our new hometown. So to celebrate, we went to the Kansas City Symphony performance of Harry Potter. We loved it, and I was so happy to see Jake enjoy himself. A wonderful night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264September 8, 2018 2:46 AM

He’s already writing the memoir, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 265September 8, 2018 3:14 AM

Yo bitches. This is my post. Go discuss that south of the border living la vida loca pornstar discussion elsewhere.

This post is about me. A good old All-American doctor with my All-American life.

Thanks, Jake #mytime #shine #tome #forme #byme

by Anonymousreply 266September 8, 2018 3:27 AM

Ted writes as if Jake enjoying himself is a rare occurrence

by Anonymousreply 267September 8, 2018 4:04 AM

That struck me, too R267.

by Anonymousreply 268September 8, 2018 4:49 PM

R264 Jake enjoyed himself there in concert?

by Anonymousreply 269September 8, 2018 6:21 PM

Do we think he beats Ted? He seems sort of whipped. Perhaps Jake is a cruel master behind closed doors. If you read his posts where he's talking about overcoming adversity and apply it to an abused husband, they make more sense. He's using the posts as a warning to Ted or explaining to Ted why he beats him so cruelly. Not on the face though (that looks bad enough).

by Anonymousreply 270September 8, 2018 8:19 PM

When will he get a shitty sleeve tattoo?

by Anonymousreply 271September 8, 2018 8:29 PM

With Jakes's want/need/expectation to be served, loved, listened to, and put first, you can imagine what a high-maintenance diva he is. How does Ted put up with it?

by Anonymousreply 272September 8, 2018 8:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 9, 2018 3:05 AM

r272 I'm guessing Xanax or some sort of prescription medication. It makes him calm when Jake beats him, so the pain isn't as much.

by Anonymousreply 274September 9, 2018 4:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 9, 2018 4:44 PM

Don't post the Instagram image directly - use the URL for the post. Otherwise we can't see the comments and the cached images expire after awhile.

by Anonymousreply 276September 9, 2018 4:51 PM

the instagram photos are posted from instagram. The instagram STORY photos are posted directly as that's the only way to post them.. As often as Dr. Jake posts on instagram, he postes even more instagram stories

by Anonymousreply 277September 9, 2018 4:56 PM

I see. They're kind of boring without context then.

by Anonymousreply 278September 9, 2018 4:58 PM

I spotted that too, r267. "I was so happy to see Jake enjoy himself" makes it seem like it's not the norm. What I also find interesting about Jake's posts is that each one has a feel of "NOW I'm really happy because NOW I know how to connect to people", etc. It doesn't jive because at no point does he ever mention feeling confused or unhappy. It's constant happiness, but his next post makes it sound like he wasn't happy the month prior (when he claimed to be overjoyed and in love with life). It's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 279September 9, 2018 5:10 PM

All I know is that I'm exhausted just reading about Jake and his awesome life and his awesome insights into everything. What must it be like to live with all that awesomeness on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 280September 9, 2018 5:28 PM

Mormons tend to place a lot of importance on the outward appearance of happiness. I wonder if Jake still has that mentality even though he's now a jack Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 281September 9, 2018 5:56 PM

He just posted a great diatribe about masculinity and has apparently just discovered that language is subjective--and that some words mean different things to different people.

by Anonymousreply 282September 9, 2018 6:53 PM

jakejacob01Throwback to the first friend I met in our new city. Once again, the gym comes through for socializing 😂🤣.

Been thinking a lot about masculinity “masc” lately. I love challenging my own perceptions and paradigms. I think of how I’ve defined being masculine compared to other people or other cultures. I don’t think there’s a solid primary definition, and because of that I have realized it’s an incredibly poor and flawed descriptor. My definition is likely much different than the guy standing next to me, so using the word doesn’t actually carry a common understanding.

Masculine definition: “having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with men, especially strength and aggressiveness.” It’s so vague. I can be strong in so many ways, both physically and emotionally. I can be aggressive in so many ways. I can aggressively pursue my goals, my future, my own mental health. I’ve seen so many strong and aggressive women. Does that make them masculine? Personally I don’t think so. The definition itself is dependent on the culture that you decide to identify what a “man” is.

I consider a man comfortable crying and showing emotions masculine. I consider showing empathy and kindness masculine. I consider being vulnerable and taking chances on new ideas and relationships masculine. I consider self confidence and charity masculine.

One of my favorite cultural changes that I see is allowing the rigid and vague definitions of gender roles and identities to soften. To allow individuals to start defining themselves however they want to without adhering to the constraints of historical “rules.”

I love exploring my own feminine qualities, even trying to comprehend what that means because just like “masculine” the word is incredibly subjective. I’m reminds me I’m not defined by other people’s words, judgements, or assumptions. I am defined by my hopes, my dreams, my actions, my compassion, my energy, my love, my present and my future possibilities.

#masc #fem #loveyourelf #gymbros #chesthair #gymselfie #paradigms #growth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 9, 2018 7:50 PM

here's the instagram of Dr. Jake's first friend in KC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 9, 2018 7:51 PM

His first fuck friend in KC, how touching.

by Anonymousreply 285September 9, 2018 8:06 PM

Jake really likes his bottoms butterfaced.

by Anonymousreply 286September 9, 2018 8:08 PM

Of course that would be Jake's first friend.

by Anonymousreply 287September 9, 2018 9:26 PM

How do you know that they don't have tons of stuff in common???

by Anonymousreply 288September 9, 2018 9:39 PM

I'm sure they both love to have sex in the steam room.

by Anonymousreply 289September 9, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote]Ted and I got our first nice mattress, my first ever. Verdict: aside from feeling like a thousand angel hands holding up my body, we both fell asleep watching a movie within seconds. #success #worthit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 9, 2018 10:33 PM

would be hilarious if he decided to grow his hair out and sport one in the future

[quote]Unpopular opinion: I LOVE me a good manbun. #donthate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 9, 2018 10:35 PM

R284 did they meet organically in a gym or something? Judging by his number of followers and his Instagram whoring the answer is obviously no.

Jake scoped him out before he became "friends" because why friend people that don't have at least 5,000 followers by posting themselves half naked everyday

by Anonymousreply 292September 9, 2018 11:41 PM

There were photos of him and Jake working out while Jake was visiting KC. Seems pretty obvious Jake scoped him out on Instagram before moving. Just hope the new fuckpiece has been fully briefed on all it takes to keep Jake happy.

by Anonymousreply 293September 9, 2018 11:44 PM

These people make me throw up in my mouth a little bit...Jake, Ted AND the new friend. Self obsessed and looking ridiculous as every single post is pics of themselves. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 294September 10, 2018 4:08 AM

Yet you're on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 295September 10, 2018 4:17 AM

His friend does look annoying (I guess that makes me judgmental since I never met the guy), but his body is pretty ideal.

by Anonymousreply 296September 10, 2018 10:59 AM

I’ve finally remembered whose Jake weird looking long chest reminds me of: Goro from the Mortal Kombat video games. Jake’s chest is so long he has room for an extra set of arms.

by Anonymousreply 297September 10, 2018 12:21 PM

teddington_01My baby @jakejacob01 studying his 🍑 off for his next round of boards. The man is amazing, and brilliant, and adorable (he hates when I call him that), and supportive, and caring. A heart as big as his chest and a brain to match. He has worked so hard to meet his goals and provide for the life and adventure that we are embarking on. I am, as always, so incredibly proud of him, proud to call him my spouse, and humbled to have him in my life. Study hard boo bear, I love and believe in you. 😘❤️‼️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 10, 2018 4:27 PM

My god, does absolutely everything these two post have to be so over-the-top? Nothing is ever average or fine; it's all "best husband EVAH!" "Most caring and smartest!" It must be exhausting having to interact with them.

They're both incredibly desperate to be seen by the outside world as a perfect, hot couple living their best lives. The problem is: people who need this much validation from strangers (and followers) are not happy people. They're actually quite Trumpian in their venal need for congratulation and validation.

I bet the memoir post on this thread actually made Jake think of starting to write one. I almost guarantee it.

R295: Are you one of Jake's KC fuck toys?

by Anonymousreply 299September 10, 2018 5:02 PM

In this link, they’re chests look the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 10, 2018 5:11 PM

Ted's post at R298 reminds me of a college acquaintance whose social media is almost always all about his husband and how perfect, amazing, strong, and intelligent he is. In almost every caption he refers to his husband as "my man" or "my husband". It's no less obnoxious than when heterosexual couples do it. And R299 is correct in that the constant need to show just how wonderful everything is points to something not being quite right. I wouldn't be surprised if the photo at R298 was staged to the hilt and selected after 40 others were taken.

by Anonymousreply 301September 10, 2018 5:59 PM

Not necessarily limited to these two, but nothing is more nauseating than hearing grown gay men turn into Charlotte from Sex and the City.

There is a certain subset of gay men who turn into driveling fraus whenever their marriage is concerned. Its like they have been around fraus all their life and now that we have some level of gay marriage acceptance here in the US they get to cash in on the same slop as their BFFs (Best Frau Friends).

My best friend's husband is this way. It's so not my best friend's style, and in fairness to his husband - hubby is actually quite nice and popular. However, I can never escape the social media carrying on: "Ted and I had the most AMAZING date night today. We perched ourselves on the lovely West Elm couch that all upwardly mobile 30something females have, opened up a sparkling bottle of Rose, and talked about our dreams for the future. All my years of growing up an dating and I never imagined that one day I too would be looking my knight in shining armor in the eye. I literally had to pinch myself because here I am, Jake, just a simple old guy with a dream to love and be loved, and I thought to myself, can I get any luckier than this? I always looked at my Mom growing up and wondered, will I ever have what she has? There in that moment, as we sipped on the rose, I just knew that there was so much more in store on this our wonderful lifetime adventure. As we reached over to our Room and Board coffee table, the one I insisted on an Jake surprised me with on my birthday, to open our Chipotle take out, I just whispered to myself that there was no place I'd rather be. No other man I'd rather be. No other beautiful soul to be with..."

Uggh.

by Anonymousreply 302September 10, 2018 7:29 PM

Cheap furniture alert at R298.

by Anonymousreply 303September 10, 2018 9:33 PM

In all fairness R301, they had to wait until the lighting was just so. I'm just surprised that Jake is wearing a shirt. My question is, why couldn't Ted just say those things to Jake instead of making an instagram post? Do they only communicate through social media?

by Anonymousreply 304September 11, 2018 12:58 AM

R304 in their world it doesn't mean anything unless it's shouted to the world and all their friends. Methinks they doth protest too much, however... Maybe they think if they say it out loud/to people it will be true in real life. Sort of how some people tell others they are on diets so they get policed and verification.

by Anonymousreply 305September 11, 2018 1:41 AM

The memoir is definitely coming. Any title ideas?

by Anonymousreply 306September 11, 2018 1:56 AM

R301 I know right so insufferable. "My husband/boyfriend is so masc, muscular, smart, perfect" makes me barf they think so highly of themselves when not a while ago they were being vapid whores at some circuit party or white gay gathering

by Anonymousreply 307September 11, 2018 4:48 AM

This guy’s chronic navel-gazing and discovery would make me think that he would be happy and excited.

But his eyes don’t reflect that. They are sad and desperate. Drugs?

Also, I just realized what looks so strange about his body. He has no lats! It’s like there’s a straight line from his armpits down to his waist. . He has huge shoulders and arms, like he’s only working out what will show in a selfie.

by Anonymousreply 308September 11, 2018 5:09 AM

I have to think that Jake tells Ted what to write in his posts. "Yeah, make sure you mention how smart, hot and adorable I am when you post that picture of me. Also, how I'm an incredible husband and provider, and a benefit to all of mankind. Didja get all that?"

by Anonymousreply 309September 11, 2018 2:38 PM

r309 please, as if Jake would risk Ted making a typo! He types out what he wants Ted to say and then emails it to him every morning. If Ted doesn't do as he commands, he gets beaten.

by Anonymousreply 310September 11, 2018 2:42 PM

R176, is just perfect! I’m just loving the image of the poor bitch who has just given birth and looks up to see Dr Doeverybody crying, because it’s all about him.

by Anonymousreply 311September 11, 2018 6:51 PM

Sorry, the post above is referring to r177, not r176.

by Anonymousreply 312September 11, 2018 6:53 PM

So I was reading some of the comments from the R235 post. Yesterday someone with the username mangezbien posted similar comments to what are in this thread, criticizing Dr. Jake for seemingly only having other muscled friends and craving constant attention. I looked again today and those posts have been deleted.

btw whoever the guy is, his pastries look amazing. If you are a DLer, hook us up lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313September 11, 2018 7:09 PM

Sorry, undying fealty from muscle hunks in Speedos only.

by Anonymousreply 314September 11, 2018 11:52 PM

Who here actually believes Jakes hates being called adorable? Just another not-so-subtle plea to be flooded with compliments

by Anonymousreply 315September 12, 2018 12:42 AM

That definitely didn't have the ring of truth to me, R315.

by Anonymousreply 316September 12, 2018 7:23 PM

oh boy I wonder how this post is going to go in this thread lol

jakejacob01Culmination of the last few weeks. On the move, progressing, studying, relocating, growing, learning, improving. Finally taking a minute to rest.

This was taken by @teddington_01 as he stood on the counter just before jumping on the other side, launching me into the air.

I arrived home from work yesterday to our little apartment. Ted was was busy standing on the counter trying to open the vents in the ceiling. The air-mattress substituting for a couch in the unfurnished living room. In true fashion, an article of clothing came off with each step away from the door and I collapsed onto the softly deflated bed, echoes sounding off the walls supplying the perfect white noise to trail off as my body shrugged away the tension of the day and I drifted off in seconds. Ted saw his moment to seize the day. I can’t blame him.

I heard somewhere that for relationships to be successful you have to have 4 good interactions for every bad interaction. My question is, what constitutes good and bad? I had a choice as I was jolted awake with a thud next to me causing my body to lift off the bed. I could choose to be annoyed that I was disturbed, angry that I was so suddenly startled, or I could choose to see how incredibly hilarious and unexpected the entire scenario is. I could choose to enjoy the thrill of surprise and the laughter afterwards. I chose to take that moment and make it into a “good” interaction. I chose to laugh along with Ted as he hysterically cried with his signature laughter as I shot off the mattress, my arms and legs shooting out like a startled baby.

Happiness and beauty are subjective, a choice. Even the most sincere good intentions can be misconstrued as offenses at times. Sometimes we only have a split second to decide how we’ll react, who we’re going to choose to be, to decide if we’re offended, to shrug it off, or to view the moment as beautifully abnormal.

Happiness is truly a choice, sometimes easier to make than others. That’s not to say I haven’t learned. I’ll be keeping a strong eye out for potential launching opportunities when someone least expects it.

#happiness #choices #love #humpday #marriage #booty🍑 #practicaljoke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 12, 2018 10:30 PM

I love how dear Jake makes a blog entry of every Instagram post. The gays thirsting at your instagram are going to like the ass pic and move in. It's not that deep, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 318September 12, 2018 10:56 PM

Gotta love the "candid" shot that looks posed to the nth degree. And what a paragon! Jake laughed at a practical joke. And Ted! What a daredevil to drop himself on a softly deflated air mattress - with enough force to launch the solidly built doctor into the air! What hijinks will those two get up to next?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 319September 12, 2018 11:27 PM

ROFL at r317.

He comes home, disrobes, collapses on the bed and falls asleep in a second (who does this?) and Ted bounces on the bed. Jake passive-aggressively writes about how he COULD have been annoyed at fucking Ted for doing that, but instead he made it into a POSITIVE experience, rather than beating Ted an inch from his life, the way he wanted to. Then he writes an Instagram post about it like it was a pivotal moment for their relationship, when in reality it's a warning to Ted couched as a "cute" story.

Jake is such a giving soul #givingsoul #booty #warning #relationship #pivotalmoment #blackeye #dieteddie #promoted

He is SUCH a passive-aggressive CUNT! He must be EXHAUSTING. Always storing up slights and insults and then unleashing them on you when you least expect it.

by Anonymousreply 320September 12, 2018 11:33 PM

Based on that apartment shot juxtapose and window type and height above the ground @ R298 , they must live at the apartments at the Commerce Tower. Sleuthing for you, you're welcome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 12, 2018 11:57 PM

How soon will they rename it the Jake Jacobs Tower in honor of its most famous resident?

by Anonymousreply 322September 12, 2018 11:59 PM

R321 wow impressive that you figured it out.

by Anonymousreply 323September 13, 2018 12:46 AM

R317, I scroll past the long paragraphs and go right to the hilarious hashtags. #booty indeed.

by Anonymousreply 324September 13, 2018 12:55 AM

Wow, just when I thought their posts couldn't get any more ridiculous or smarmy…they prove me wrong!

by Anonymousreply 325September 13, 2018 6:41 AM

"An article of clothing came off with each step"? I'm surprised Jake is that much of a slob.

by Anonymousreply 326September 13, 2018 8:19 AM

Jake has Ted to pick up after him.

by Anonymousreply 327September 13, 2018 12:25 PM

None of that happened.

by Anonymousreply 328September 13, 2018 1:32 PM

Exactly, R328. The two of them decide which of Jake's "assets" they want to feature and then devise a story around it for Jake to pontificate about.

by Anonymousreply 329September 13, 2018 2:24 PM

It's funny how even though it may be a fake story, it's still passive aggressive slam against Ted and praising Jake for his mental fortitude (and booty of course).

Just remember he's like 5'3"!

by Anonymousreply 330September 13, 2018 2:26 PM

I agree with the poster that this was reallya "coded" message to Ted disguised as something else. The slow walk to the inflatable bed with an article of clothing dropped with each step? Honey, work on your verisimilitude. This has only ever happened in a late 80s movie and it's a working woman taking of her heels and then maybe her blazer before heading straight to a bar cart to pour herself a glass of red wine.

This post is as close as Jake will get to berating Ted in public. I'm sure that privately, he is one of those "picker" type boyfriends. He picks on something about his partner constantly. Ted is never good enough and is really just serves the function of "documentarian" of Jake's life as well as the occasional reactor. But, again, I think much of what Jake writes in these posts is a complete fiction.

I'm a little freaked out by how quickly their apartment building was identified. You know that is going to send Dr. Jake into a tailspin when he sees that on this thread (Hi, Jake!) "Some of my fans are trying to stalk and murder me! Post coming soon about this. In underwear only."

His estranged siblings must laugh their asses off about his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 331September 13, 2018 2:34 PM

They probably Pray for his Soul, r331!

by Anonymousreply 332September 13, 2018 2:36 PM

Let's think about this for a moment: Ted is conveniently standing on a counter in the kitchen when Jake comes in. Jake strips and plops down on the partially deflated air mattress, which is right next to the counter even though there's no other furniture in the apartment. I'm assuming Ted is a male of normal weight, so maybe 175 lbs. You're going to tell me Ted is going to jump onto an air mattress from the counter and not think that it would blow out the seams? And if it were not fully inflated, there's no way Jake would go bouncing in the air. It's not a fucking trampoline. The whole story is bogus.

by Anonymousreply 333September 13, 2018 2:38 PM

I'm thinking they may not even HAVE an inflatable air mattress and probably are just pretending to be poorer (note "little apartment") so they seem frugal.

I wonder what Ted thinks about Jake lying so much?

by Anonymousreply 334September 13, 2018 2:41 PM

He makes Ted sound like a laughable buffoon and an idiot. And this isn't the first time. Remember him posting that video of Ted screaming like a mincing queen while they watched Animal Planet? What's really pathetic is that Ted doesn't care and willingly participates in his own mockery.

by Anonymousreply 335September 13, 2018 2:52 PM

I think Ted may be "special" - his mongoloid face kind of gives it away. He may not realize that Jake actually despises him and wishes he were dead.

by Anonymousreply 336September 13, 2018 2:54 PM

Jake is the strong, virile husband and Ted is the daffy, adoring little wifey that Jake belittles so he can feel better about himself. He serves the same purpose that the disabled guy Jake works out does: show the world how good Jake is to put up with his inferiors.

by Anonymousreply 337September 13, 2018 4:14 PM

Yet the disabled guy is about ten times hotter than Jake. But, agreed, I'm sure that Jake automatically sees him as his inferior.

by Anonymousreply 338September 13, 2018 4:33 PM

Commerce Tower must be where all the A-gays in Kansas City live! That earlier shot with the view was to let you all know this without tagging the location, the subtle, classy way to address drop.

Reminds me The Verve in Toronto. Seriously I follow at what feels like 20 guys in Toronto who all live and post (tagged) from there, with major pride to ensure their *A*ddress is known.

Gotta love Flyover Queens who need to let you know they are at the Flyoverstani A-List address.

You never see LA, NY, SF, DC or even Chicago guys do that. More like Texas: "Heritage Heights an Sutton Ridge Ranch;" "La Espala at Bellavista Plaza," "Allure Modern Residences at Uptown Yard." LOL.

by Anonymousreply 339September 13, 2018 4:57 PM

R339 the gym he works out at (based on IG shots) is actually adjacent to the trendier high rise, One Light, as it is new construction and quite a bit more expensive. I think the thing is with fly-overstan cities is these new high rise apartment options now springing up that in LA, SF,etc. would only be affordable to the 1percenters or celebrities , but in FO-stan your average professional can live like royalty, so to speak

by Anonymousreply 340September 13, 2018 5:06 PM

R340 Nah, it's the F O mentality. You can take the girl out of SLC, but you can't take the SLC out of the girl.

by Anonymousreply 341September 13, 2018 5:10 PM

My experience in Utah homes (when I used to stayed with families while attending high school summer running camps) was that their home furnishings and furniture were all very basic and unadorned. Cheap-looking and homey, nothing high-end.

That dining set that Jake was sitting at in the "look at my baby studying!" post was the sort of clearance item you'd see. Whatever is below West Elm.

by Anonymousreply 342September 13, 2018 5:43 PM

[quote] I dreamed I was popping a zit and it shot in my mouth... WTF brain?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 13, 2018 6:02 PM

The "zit" is Ted's tiny penis. The rest is...you know.

by Anonymousreply 344September 13, 2018 6:06 PM

Nothing wrong with having a small apartment, but why the hell do they not have any furniture? Jake probably has student loans to pay off, but nurses generally make really good money. Unless Ted isn't an RN...

by Anonymousreply 345September 14, 2018 1:41 AM

R345 Nomad life. Jake seems like a perennial goal chaser. "I'll show them when I become a doctor," "I'll show them when I pass my board in X, Y, Z states," "I'll show them..."

The "them" is an illusion: he will never be enough. Ted will never be enough.

That's why no furniture. No roots.

Gotta be ready when the next thing comes along, because then THAT will be enough.

by Anonymousreply 346September 14, 2018 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!