Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mad Men fans, what was up between Betty and Glen?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 9:56 PM

Ten years too late OP

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 2:28 PM

She was emotionally stunted, and Weiner’s fat kid needed a role.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 2:32 PM

He doesn't look fat in this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 2:41 PM

No, R3, he's anorexic in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 2:43 PM

I don't know, but that was the weirdness that ultimately turned me off the show.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 3:48 PM

Jesus Christ, Betty. Just pay him off!

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 3:55 PM

Betty was starting a neighborhood gigolo service. She had the hausfrau clientele, she just needed the workers.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 4:10 PM

I have no idea

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 4:14 PM

It was just a little weird plot padding. If this show hadn't been filled with "oh my, can you believe they're smoking while pregnant?" And "look, didn't Aunt Mary have that same kitchenette?" Nobody would've watched.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 4:20 PM

She is emotionally stunted, trapped in the age at which her father molested her - about 12, Glen's age. She resents having to perform being the perfect (adult) woman, and seeks refuge in the emotionally and sexually undemanding company of an adoring soulmate - who's similarly sad about his dad (who his mother Helen has divorced for unknown reasons) and actually about 12. Glen is the only person who knows her inner self. She ends up bitterly resenting him for that, and for 'abandoning' her, for her own daughter, Sally.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 4:20 PM

Betty's father molested her? Didn't hear about that.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 4:23 PM

Oh hunny. Try reading between the lines some time.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 9:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!