Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have the end of summer, back to school blues

Even though I don't have to go back to school.

Is that some thing that gets in your brain at a young age and stays there?

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 8:20 AM

I have it, too!

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Part of it can be attributed to the many years of Jerry Lewis Telethons.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 1:23 AM

Me three. Every year I get it and I’m 52.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 1:28 AM

It was my favorite time of year. I hated summer.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 1:36 AM

Of course I never had the delusion that when I came back I'd be popular, liked, or loved. But I looked forward to the schoolwork.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 1:37 AM

Ive been wondering about this all day... every year at this time I feel a little down. But the Jerry Lee Lewis telethon was torture to live through, so glad they cured MS.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 1:39 AM

R4, me too. Summer was lonely. And too much sunlight.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 1:50 AM

I occasionally remember the feeling of dread that summer was over and school was starting soon. It was like an ache in my stomach. Thanks OP for reminding me.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 1:55 AM

I loved taking classes at college. The professors were much more relaxed, and the social scene was at the swimming pools at apartment complexes and the outdoor decks at the bars. In the fall, there was a whole new set of young men to look at on campus, with their nudity in the community showers, the locker room at the rec center, and at my fraternity house. Yeah, we made the pledges get naked, but we got naked, too, (it was totally heterosexual...) I loved to guess the color of their bushes, and how bushy they were.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 2:00 AM

I love this time of year. The pace quickens, the routine sets in, the humidity disappears and I want to go back to school.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 2:05 AM

Exact opposite for me. I love that summer is ending. Can't wait for the first brisk autumn day. I'm even looking forward to winter.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 2:05 AM

I particularly liked looking at their junk in the showers..new meat to go after.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 3:48 AM

Move to LA. It’s hot through October (at least).

When I see all the back to school supplies, I breathe a sigh of relief that I’m not the one going back.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 4:59 AM

Fortunately, I love fall. Can't stand winter, though. I get so depressed starting the day after Thanksgiving. Worst time of the year.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 8:07 AM

Me too r13, once I was liberated from that shit I never looked back. The guys who say it's the best time of your life should be kicked right square in the ass. They're usually heterosexual and are these former football stars who yearn for the good old days drinking canned beer and enduring bad marriages.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 8:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!