Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Has NY Fashion Industry SNUB Jaclyn Smith & Her Fashion Line?

She has been a fashion designer for over 30 years yet...

NY Fashion week refuses to give her a show

Council of Fashion Designers of America has snubbed her for over 30 years, not even nominating her for any award

Her clothes has never gotten a fashion spread in any magazine

So is the Fashion industry SNOBS because Jackie sells her line at KMART?

Watch video, then vote and comment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 7:21 AM

It’s more like she’s been selling her name and limited notoriety for 15 years. I doubt she’s really “designing” anything other than maybe throwing the odd “I like this don’t like that” review of the work of actual “ghost designers”.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 5:13 AM

She should launch a couture line called Bootsie Gumdrops.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 5:20 AM

This is an interesting question as I sit on my JACLYN SMITH sofa.....I do think she designs more than most people think within the Kmart and Sears guidelines and that's probably the issue. But the "designs' are for mass market apparel and that's not really a part of NYFW.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 5:24 AM

She’s sadly a deplorable. But she still looks amazing .

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 5:35 AM

snobbery

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 2:32 PM

My first cat was a shelter cat. I named her Bootsie Gum Drops.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 5:14 PM

My first pet was a shelter can named Bootsie Gumdrop and was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 5:15 PM

My first cat was a shelter cat. I named her 'Bootsie Gum Drops'.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 5:15 PM

Sometimes people are mean to me, because I'm beautiful.

You know who else was beautiful - my first cat, I got her from a shelter and I named her Bootsie Gumpdrops.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 5:17 PM

My first pet was a cat from the shelter that I named Bootsie Gumpdrop.

Sometimes I spell it Bootsie Gumdrops', because I don't know what that ' thing really means.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2018 5:19 PM

Pure snobbery

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 12:40 AM

I got a cat from from the shelter once. Her name? Bootsy Gumdrops.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 1:00 AM

FASHION!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote]She’s sadly a deplorable. But she still looks amazing .

She has absolutely NO upper tooth show. She practically looks toothless in that video. This is the result of general ageing, yes, but also from overfilling lips that are not anatomically capable of supporting filler. She could have a lip lift to reduce the amount of space from her top lip to her nose but there must be a reason why her surgeon has not suggested it. It is one of the easiest, most youthening surgeries out there for older women and some men.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 2:35 AM

Fashion shows and awards are not about mass-market clothes for average folks.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 2:39 AM

I thought the same thing while watching that vid, r14==WHERE ARE HER UPPER TEETH?

A billion $$$ and she can't get good teeth?

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

I think I heard once that her first cat was from a shelter. Does anyone know if this is true, and what the cat's name was?

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2018 2:59 AM

If Ralph Lauren ca be HONORED with an award by the council of fashion designers or America, why Jaclyn as well.

She has been just as successful as he has. But again it is that snobbery of the elites, who turn their nose at the thought of honoring someone who sells her line at KMart

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2018 3:16 AM

Are there still K-Marts around? I live in Dallas and haven’t seen one in over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 3:45 AM

Ralph Lauren had many lines and especially fashion ambitious and very expensive women's lines, resort lines, etc etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 3:48 AM

^ but did he have a shelter cat named Bootsie Gumdrops? Because I did.

I used to call her Bootsie Gumdrops.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 3:51 AM

[quote]She could have a lip lift to reduce the amount of space from her top lip to her nose but there must be a reason why her surgeon has not suggested it. It is one of the easiest, most youthening surgeries out there for older women and some men.

Don't I know it! People mistake me for 16 ALL the time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 3:54 AM

She looks good.

And yes, she should get honored by the NY Fashion Industry.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 3:58 AM

That interview is several years old. Who gives a shit?

Be careful clicking on OP's video link. OP is one of the more notorious doxxers on this site.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 4:02 AM

atrocious grammar as well

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2018 4:06 AM

She’s not a legitimate designer.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2018 4:06 AM

That's Joyce Meyers R22, one of the worst examples of plastic surgery around. To me, the photo you posted is not the effect of a lip lift. She's just making an odd shape with her mouth. HOWEVER, Joyce has the worst case of what we call Joker Mouth around, which means that her face has been pulled so tight that it has elongated her lips.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2018 5:33 AM

You crazy gurls...it's GUMDROP, not Gumdrops. There was only ONE of me!

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!