Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AMC, FXM, and TCM

When it comes to movies—including the classics—what is your opinion of these cable networks?

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2018 2:39 AM

AMC is tops right now, followed by FX.

On AMC I watch Walking Dead, Talking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Preacher, Humans, The Terror, and Lodge 49.

On FX I was American Horror Story, used to watch The Strain, and the Versace Assassination.

On TNT I watch The Alienist and Animal Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2018 1:45 AM

TCM hasn't been the same since Robert Osbourne died.

The movies suck, and there's no rhyme nor reason behind what they show.

Nor is any history given about them.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2018 2:01 AM

How are you liking Lodge 49, R1? I thought I would give it a chance and it's not bad. Quirky. And Wyatt Russell is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2018 2:09 AM

TCM is the only one still somewhat worth watching but now that AT&T owns it (and the other Turner channels) I don't think it has a bright future. I think AT&T will relaunch it and get rid of the commerical free movies. Similar to what happened when American Movie Classics became AMC and became a shell of its former self.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2018 2:19 AM

I like it, R3.

I agree that Wyatt is cute, and he's a pretty good actor.

I'm still trying to figure out what the lodge is, though.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2018 2:33 AM

I've been a cinephile since childhood; mainly because of the old b&w classics. I like to refer to TCM as the love of my life. I can't get enough of this station. I actually make sure my TV is turned to TCM when I turn it off so as it's the first station I see whenever I turn my TV on. AMC use to be like TCM but haven't for years. Not familiar with FXM.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 2:37 AM

Christ, R1, you didn't even bother to read the OP's question. He was asking about MOVIES, not TV shows. You are worse than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 3:40 AM

I enjoy watching Dave Karger trying to act like a big boy on TCM. He's adorable, but always comes across like a high school freshman doing the weather on the school TV station.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 4:38 AM

I think Dave Karger is quite attractive. Something about his mouth is sexy as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2018 5:17 AM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2018 1:04 AM

[quote]I think AT&T will relaunch it and get rid of the commerical free movies.

Oh shit. Is FilmStruck done for too?

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2018 1:12 AM

What’s FilmStruck, precious? What FilmStruck?

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2018 1:13 AM

Is your Googler broken r12?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2018 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!