Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paulina Porizkova

Paulina Porizkova is a perfect example of someone who can create a beautiful still image, without possessing the same appeal when speaking.

What do you think of Paulina?

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2019 4:20 AM

Paulina looking very Helena Christensen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2018 4:35 AM

To me she was always the most classically beautiful of the supermodels.

That cackling voice, tho! Yeesh.

She also gets the prize for being the one whose looks have held up the best.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2018 4:40 AM

Do we have any supermodels nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2018 4:41 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2018 4:42 AM

I had seen so many pictures of Paulina and her boobs in the 80s, but didn't realize that she was the one in The Cars "Drive" video the first time I saw it. Her flat dark hair in that video really changed her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2018 4:45 AM

"Your Dads, brothers, straight friends, cousins, co-workers, neighbors, and every guy you've ever seen at the gym WANT TO FUCK ME!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2018 4:49 AM

Sports Illustrated Model, Kathy Ireland: the epitome of a beautiful woman who should keep her mouth shut and not speak.

No mercy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2018 4:49 AM

This was a popular Kathy Ireland jerk-off photo from Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in 1984

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2018 4:58 AM

She could be sexy in photos but it disappears in interviews and I’d imagine real life.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2018 5:12 AM

Blonde Androgyny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2018 3:48 PM

Prob the most beautiful of all the supermodels.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2018 4:21 PM

Kathy Ireland was good friends with Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2018 9:45 PM

I thought Paulina and Kim Alexis were unbelievably beautiful.

Kathy Ireland had voice lessons to address her terrible speaking voice. So if you think her voice is awful now just thing of how bad it was when she was just an Avon model.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2018 9:56 PM

She looks like a real life doll.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2018 5:38 AM

Kathy Ireland was in some movie and wore glasses. Her voice drilled a hole in my head. That’s her real voice too.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 5:42 AM

R13, used to think Kim Alexis was so beautiful but now when I look back at her photos, she's not all that striking or beautiful. Paulina still was and is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2018 2:50 AM

I hate little girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2018 4:14 AM

I love that she not only married Ric Ocasek, but they've stayed together and are very happy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2018 4:18 AM

Kathy Ireland is gross.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2018 4:18 AM

R18 they separated in 2017

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2018 4:33 AM

I follow a lot of the mid-80s to late 90s Supermodels on IG, and Paulina is one of the few who doesn’t seem to be on good terms with any of them. She follows them, but none of them follow her or mention her. It’s strange...

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Cindy Crawford seems to be on good terms with all the supermodels, from her former peers to their successors.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2018 4:36 AM

I used to wait on her and Ric Ocasek in the late 80s early 90s.

They were both charming.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2018 5:44 AM

R21, could be that when the true phenomenon of supermodel status took off, Paulina had already peaked. When Cindy, Christy, Naomi etc really took off Paulina had signed that huge Estée Lauder contract for 5 years and tried to move into film. The others sort of rode the wave together which might explain why they are closer. They all did the shows together but by then Paulina had "moved" on from modeling.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2018 5:49 AM

I saw her and Ric at an airport and she was stunning. They stood out both being quite tall as well.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2018 5:58 AM

Yeah, Paulina was a bit 'before' the canonical Supermodels: Turlington, Evangelista, Campbell, Crawford, though I think she's about the same age as them. As a gayling in the early '90s who followed all that stuff, Paulina wasn't a part of it. She made that film with Tom Selleck in the late '80s and was then primarily doing just Estee Lauder and Sports Illustrated.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2018 11:01 AM

Paulina is a bitch, Cindy isn’t . Cindy was always the nice one everyone from linda, Tyra or Naomi liked.

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2018 11:17 AM

I’ve never seen a more beautiful and elegant face than Paulina’s. She will always be the ultimate model for me.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2018 11:34 AM

I've always thought that Carol Alt was the best of the lot during that era. Recent pic. She's 58.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2018 12:08 PM

The greatest and most beautiful of all the supermodels, and did not give a shit about modeling. Still gorgeous, unlike Cindy who looks like Caitlin.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2018 12:14 PM

I believe she was a 'politcal orphan' of sorts, as her parents (or parent) defected from Czechoslovakia when she was a girl and I think at first she was not allowed to join them in the West or something like that. She eventually was allowed to come over and was a top model by 14 years old. Not a very normal childhood.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2018 1:53 PM

Paulina names her two favorite models and takes a quick jab at Naomi Campbell in this spot with Tim Gunn on Alexandra Wentworth’s show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2018 2:10 PM

I read Paulina’s book “A Model Summer”, and I actually enjoyed it very much. She is definitely not a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2018 2:22 PM

She seems like one of the smarter - or more intellectual - ones. Saw her on a doc about models and she was really insightful, pragmatic and clearly had more going on than just her looks. Harsh Eastern European demeanor which contrasts with the fluffy, pleasant All-American personalities of Kathy Ireland or even Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2018 2:50 PM

She’s gorgeous and was an insightful judge on America’s Next Top Model. There was a bitchy, mediocre plus size model who the other judges pushed for a token win, and Paulina dismissed her as a “ham.”

Wendy Williams had Paulina on her talk show after she got the boot from Top Model. She recounted having dinner with Tyra a few years earlier; Wendy asked what Tyra talked about, and Paulina responded, “herself.” She also said Tyra was habitually late and did not talk to her when the cameras weren’t rolling.

That sort of candor is awesome from an audience’s perspective, and I give her credit for it, but it may explain why she may not be loved by her supermodel peers.

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2018 3:00 PM

I grew weary of her early in her career when she constantly complained about how boring modeling was. Bitch was getting paid boocoo amounts of money and she was complaining...it got tiresome. I’ve noticed that about many Eastern Europeans of the female persuasion. They’re some of the whiniest cunts you will ever meet. Sour, humorless, complaining cuntrags.

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2018 3:05 PM

She's Czech, they're known to be whiners...Martina Navratilova even admitted as much

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2018 3:57 PM

Yeah -it’s an Eastern European thing. One step better than Russian - but not a happy bunch.

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2018 4:32 PM

I always liked her. I used to see her around town when she was just becoming big. She is stunning in person. I had not thought about her in years and I was riding the subway and who should I see sitting by herself in one of those two seater benches but herself. This was more or less in the last ten years and yes she was beautiful still. I did not want to stare but besides her beauty there was something definitely going on behind all the outside beauty , I guess you would call it depth. I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2018 4:44 PM

Paulina is only 1 year older than Cindy Crawford. Her first of several US Vogue cover only came a few months before Cindy’s, and for a while they alternated months. Too bad she got distracted by a film career...she could’ve easily joined the class of models who came to define THE Supermodels (Linda, Naomi, Cindy, Christy et al). Being an alleged mega bitch certainly didn’t help matters.

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2018 5:00 PM

For someone who was everywhere in the 80s - with a hot body, great tits and dominating the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue - she is rarely mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2018 5:46 PM

There were a few commenters on a recent Daily Mail article who claimed they'd knew or worked with her and she was very unpleasant. One said something like she was like sandpaper on tits. On the other hand, I knew a man who'd had dinner with her and claimed she was one of the most fascinating people he'd ever met, and he'd met a lot of globally prominent people.

She really seems up herself in the articles she writes, always going on about beauty and not being beautiful anymore, or is she still beautiful, or how she had so much beyond beauty, blah, blah, blah. I think that being so stunning and then aging did a number on her, same with Cindy Crawford, even though they both claim to be so much more than a beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2018 6:08 PM

She posed for nude pics in GQ Magazine back when nudity was strictly for magazines like Playboy and Penthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2018 2:24 AM

GQ Magazine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 22, 2018 2:25 AM

R42 when flat asses were in style.

by Anonymousreply 44August 22, 2018 2:26 AM

Yes before Kim Kardashian and Nickie Minaj came and showed us how awful flat white asses are.^^^

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2018 12:59 AM

"Drive" by The Cars is actually sung by the bassist Ben Orr, not Ric Ocasek.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2018 4:21 AM

"My body screams...please make love to me!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2018 4:34 AM

R45 fake asses are just as awful mary

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2018 4:46 AM

Paulina was drop dead gorgeous and really stunning in photos, but those of us who were too young to have known much about her during her rather short heyday have very little clue. My dad had the hots for her and she starred in some terrible straight to video movie that he watched often - that was really the only context that I had concerning Paulina. I assume that she was also some sort of Sports Illustrated model like Christie Brinkley? The supermodel wave kicked off a bit after her "time in the sun" (or so I am told) and every lay person on the street knew Linda, Naomi, Cindy and Christy by name. A few years later Kate joined the group and then basically took over for 2 decades plus as the only "supermodel" that had any staying power. The supermodel era was quite short in hindsight. Kate was either very fortunate or a marketing genius - maintaining fascination from the general public and the fashion world both. Her face was undeniably beautiful but her personality was perhaps as dry as Cindy's - and that is saying A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2018 5:05 AM

Cindy Crawford has a hot body, but she is boring and never says anything interesting.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2018 5:09 AM

SO true R50! Her acting was miserable and she didn't look nearly as mesmerizing on film as she did in print (and even in the Pepsi TV commercials).

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2018 5:15 AM

Paulina's film debut was in the small art house flick 'Anna' which earned her co-star Sally Kirkland an Academy Award nomination. The nomination gave the film some prestige, some of which probably rubbed off on Porizkova in the mind's of Hollywood execs, allowing her one or two high profile projects, before it became evident that she had no acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2018 1:10 PM

I thought she and Ric Ocasek would be one of the only rock and roll model couples that would stay together.

by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2018 3:31 AM

There was that movie where she literally raped Aaron Eckhart. I think that's the only time I've ever seen a movie scene where a woman rapes a man

by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2018 3:38 AM

"You're the ... object...of my desire" "oh, baby, ignite my fire!"

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2018 3:53 AM

She was a swimsuit model and did high end jewelry and cosmetic ads.

by Anonymousreply 56August 26, 2018 6:01 AM

She would have made a great silent film actress before the talkies cleared the deck.

by Anonymousreply 57August 30, 2018 9:39 PM

She was one of the great Estee Lauder faces. aFterwards, they seemed to really go for more of the personality than great beauty. Liz Hurley was sort of pretty, but not stunning, and we all know what we think of Goop. Isn't Blank Face Jenner, the most boring model of all time, a Lauder face now?

by Anonymousreply 58August 30, 2018 9:47 PM

Linda Evangelista would also have been very good before the talkies.

by Anonymousreply 59August 30, 2018 9:51 PM

I thought the video for "Drive" was and remains disturbing and one of the earliest views of what appears to be bipolar disorder I can remember seeing.

by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2018 9:59 PM

Paulina is known for being incredibly intelligent and her sense of humor is known for coming off as abrasive.

I remember the film she did with Tom Selleck, "Her Alibi." A babysitter of mine made us watch it. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 61August 30, 2018 10:22 PM

She wasn't a terrible actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 30, 2018 10:24 PM

I thought she represented the ideal beauty of her time. Classy and also sexy.

by Anonymousreply 63August 30, 2018 10:26 PM

R18 They split up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 30, 2018 10:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 30, 2018 10:32 PM

Something you boys may not know is that she's an expert knitter, top notch. I think she's also designed patterns, but her skills are undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 66August 30, 2018 10:34 PM

I thought that was Deborah Norville??

Or is it Vanna White??

by Anonymousreply 67August 31, 2018 12:06 AM

Paulina made it okay for Kate Moss and Posh Spice to never smile and keep their mouths closed every time they are photographed.

by Anonymousreply 68August 31, 2018 3:54 AM

She could have transitioned into the 90s group of models also, Cindy Crawford and Linda Evangelista were around in the 80s too.

by Anonymousreply 69September 2, 2018 4:24 AM

I really liked her for the two weeks she was on Dancing with the Stars, long ago (2006?) Her party was the hottie Alec Mazo, which is why I was watching. She was smart and funny.

by Anonymousreply 70September 2, 2018 4:32 AM

* party should have been partner - I have brain rot - too much DWTS probably

by Anonymousreply 71September 2, 2018 4:32 AM

You never hear any druggy/slutty stories about Kathy Ireland. She skated through that predatory world and came out unscathed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 2, 2018 4:37 AM

Paulina imitates Jerry Hall, Brook Shields by Avedon on the cover of Vogue, Christie Brinkley, Linda Evangelista

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2018 7:13 AM

The Early Days with Ric

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2019 3:17 AM

She used to spell her name Polina Porizkova, but I guess changed the spelling to sound less eastern European.

[quote] Paulina made it okay for Kate Moss and Posh Spice to never smile and keep their mouths closed every time they are photographed.

At some point, she got her teeth worked on. I think she avoided smiling before she got her teeth worked on.

Kathy Ireland and Kim Alexis were more pretty (extremely) than beautiful, IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2019 3:35 AM

Don’t forget Stephanie Seymour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2019 3:41 AM

I do think Stephanie Seymour is underrated and not mentioned very often with the rest of the models, and she had the hottest body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote]Paulina Porizkova is a perfect example of someone who can create a beautiful still image, without possessing the same appeal when speaking.

Oh, you mean like fashion models?

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote]I love that she not only married Ric Ocasek, but they've stayed together and are very happy.

So sad about Ric. Poor Paulina.

I used to wait on them in the late 80s at the peak of their fame and they were both charming. I didn't expect that. They also let us put them at crazy out-of-the-way tables people generally didn't care for, but I think they enjoyed a little more privacy that way. Nobody ever seemed to recognize them, they had a low-key energy, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2019 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!