Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Admiral McRaven, Who Oversaw Bin Laden Raid, Dares Trump to Strip His Security Clearance, Too

The architect of the Osama bin Laden raid said Thursday that it was a badge of honor for former CIA Director John Brennan to have his security clearance stripped by President Donald Trump.

"I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2018 10:24 PM

Trump is the one who needs to have his security clearance revoked. He's a clear and present danger to the United States.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2018 9:41 PM

I'm still a firm believer that Bin Laden was under house arrest by the Pakistani government and that the U.S. government didn't magically find him. He'd been living off the grid for decades in remote mountain areas and we're to believe that he's going to build a house that stands out from others in an area that is less than a mile away from the Pakistan Military Academy? It just doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2018 9:51 PM

I’m waiting in anticipation for the military Coup d’ètat.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2018 9:52 PM

[quote] the U.S. government didn't magically find him

Of course they didn't. Don't you have a QAnon thread somewhere to read?

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2018 9:57 PM

Why aren't more people brave? Why don't more Americans speak out against this monster?

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2018 9:58 PM

The Bush family was protecting him but Obama said, no more.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2018 9:59 PM

The menace in the White House needs to realize that most people despise him. Republicans have no morals and we know what they are made of but there are still some good people in this country, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2018 10:02 PM

"The menace in the White House needs to realize that most people despise him."

Link please, or you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2018 10:04 PM

r2 So what? Even if that were true, and you have no proof that it is, Obama still "smoked 'em out" and killed them, fulfilling an undertaking that Bush could only feebly promise.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2018 10:47 PM

"the U.S. government didn't magically find him"

Really, genius? You conclude that after nearly a decade to hunt him down it wasn't magic that led to him?

Thanks for the insight.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2018 10:52 PM

We need more people with his credentials to start openly defying the White House like he is. I admire him for that.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2018 11:38 PM

So do I. R11.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2018 11:43 PM

R7 writes,

[quote]The menace in the White House needs to realize that most people despise him.

Then beat him in 2020 legitimately—with an authentic Democratic challenger who has truly progressive policies which offer a different and preferable vision for the county going forward.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2018 12:09 AM

What if McRaven himself runs for the Democratic nomination? My might have a new darkhorse on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2018 12:18 AM

I thought the Mc Raven was on the dollar menu! Now I find out it's a REAL person. The world is SO mysterious.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2018 12:24 AM

[QUOTE]We* might have a new darkhorse on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2018 12:25 AM

At least this might get the Trumptards attention. Briefly - and it will be blocked out by some,thing else. But at least someone in the military is standing up to this idiot who is risking the country’s safety. A military coup would be great - Rethuglicans love the military so they wouldn’t object.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2018 12:27 AM

As far as they’re concerned, McRaven worked for Obama and is apart of the “Deep State.” This won’t get their attention.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2018 12:30 AM

R18 Right you are because up is down and wet is dry in this brave new world.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2018 12:40 AM

How long before Twitler starts trashing the general?

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2018 1:04 AM

Shorter McRaven: Bring it on, bitch

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2018 1:14 AM

r20 Don't worry, the Russians are on it.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2018 1:17 AM

"I like war heroes who didn't take ten years to catch Bin Laden."

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2018 1:25 AM

Can you imagine that someone who couldn’t be bothered to go to Vietnam because of his “bone spurs” is taking away security clearances from people who have dedicated their lives to serving our country?

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2018 1:35 AM

Russian bots are overrunning twitter today about McRaven. He scares the shit outta Putin obviously.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2018 3:54 AM

McRaven might be just the man we need to destroy Putin. That could be a big part of his campaign for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2018 4:08 AM

I was having a fairly good week until the John Brennan thing happened, that and all the other American patriots Putin's psycho-puppet is threatening. Pull Mueller's team's clearances too? Why not!

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2018 4:24 AM

R26 McRaven retired as Chancellor of the University of Texas system because he is suffering from leukemia.

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Well that’s awful to hear.

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2018 2:19 PM

[quote]As far as they’re concerned, McRaven worked for Obama and is apart of the “Deep State.”

Yep:

Rick Wilson: A friend sent some screenshots from /r/greatawakening, the Reddit Q board.

Apparently they now believe McRaven is part of a conspiracy in which Bin Laden wasn't killed by SEAL Team 6, but 6 was murdered by McRaven and Obama to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2018 2:29 PM

[QUOTE]At least 13 former senior intelligence officials in a joint statement on Friday blasted President Trump for his decision to revoke former CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance — and for his warnings that other former officials could meet the same fate.

[QUOTE]“We all agree that the president’s action regarding John Brennan and the threats of similar action against other former officials has nothing to do with who should and should not hold security clearances — and everything to do with an attempt to stifle free speech,” they write, according to a copy of the statement obtained by The Hill.

[QUOTE]The officials said they issued the statement because they felt compelled to respond to the president's “ill-considered” remarks and actions.

[QUOTE]“We have never before seen the approval or removal of security clearances used as a political tool, as was done in this case,” the statement continues, calling the president’s move this week a “signal to other former and current officials.”

[QUOTE]The signatures include 12 former CIA directors and deputy directors as well as one former director of national intelligence (DNI). The tenures of the former CIA chiefs who signed the statement span across every administration starting in 1987.

[QUOTE]The letter is signed by former CIA Directors David Petraeus, Leon Panetta, Michael Hayden, Porter Goss, George Tenet, Robert Gates and William Webster; former CIA Deputy Directors David Cohen, Avril Haines, Michael Morell, Stephen Kappes and John McLaughlin; former DNI James Clapper.

[QUOTE]CNN reported Friday that former DNI Dennis Blair, who served during the Obama administration, and former Deputy CIA Director Bert Calland also added their names to the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2018 5:52 PM

R31 that’s a formidable list. Interesting to see Patraeus and Robert Gates on there.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2018 5:59 PM

Oh shit, I missed Bob Gates’ name. One of my favorite statesmen.

A good middle finger to Trump, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Fuck this guy and fuck Obama. Of course bin laden was just siting there waiting for us to grab him. Why didn’t they bring bin Laden to the states for trial instead of giving birth to dozens of new conspiracy theories. One reason was it was probably part of the deal we made.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2018 6:12 PM

I'm not clear how this is an example of "bravery". Worst case scenario is he loses his clearance and gets a regular gig as a MSNBC commentator. That's not quite the gulag.

As for a coup, the Perfumed Princes probably are willing but the trigger-pullers might be a problem The SEAL who actually put the bullets into UBL replied to the notion that McRaven was the point person in taking down Usama.

Robert J. O'Neill ‏Verified account @mchooyah

Robert J. O'Neill Retweeted Ben Rhodes

Actually, @brhodes , 23 conservatives went after UBL. No offense, in case you were wondering.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2018 6:43 PM

R34, get help before it’s too late for you.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2018 7:07 PM

R36 it's already too late...

Russian bots are all over twitter going nuts about McRaven, inventing bullshit. Looks like Putin knows who McRaven is.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2018 7:23 PM

R35 O'Neill who is a dumbass Trump supporter did tweet this about McRaven:

Robert J. O'Neill ‏Verified account @mchooyah 24h24 hours ago

I have nothing but respect and love for ADM McRaven. Yes I’ve seen this. We simply disagree.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2018 8:43 PM

McRaven is a very handsome daddy. I've crushed on him for a while

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Unlike other critics of Trump, McRaven has avoided the spotlight, doesn't go on TV shows, isn't anybody's correspondent. He was Chancellor of the University of Texas system but didn't renew his original contract because of his health and he was fed up with getting harassed by the rightwing teabagger assholes in the Texas legislature.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2018 11:15 PM

it doesnt really matter if Trump has the clearance or not, he apparently cant or wont even read them (daily briefings) anyway. Most in the white house consider him illiterate

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2018 12:55 AM

By now, they probably turned the PDB isn’t something with lots of pictures and bullet points so he could understand it.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2018 3:51 AM

[quote] Admiral McRaven, Who Oversaw Bin Laden Raid, Dares Trump to Strip His Security Clearance, Too

No, he doesn't. As usual, OP, you misrepresent the story in your thread title. You have the credibility of a proven drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2018 3:57 AM

The Russian bots are still trying to take McRaven down on twitter. Quoth McRaven: nevermore..

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2018 8:38 PM

Oh I hope the military and the intelligence community starts kicking his ass up and down Pennsylvania Avenue. Between this and Omarosa’s tape library, I love this week. Brennan is now going to go completely crazy on Trump with the full support of the CIA behind him.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2018 11:29 PM

[quote] Brennan is now going to go completely crazy on Trump with the full support of the CIA behind him.

yeah that will be a big change from the last two and a half years.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2018 11:46 PM

Well the last two and a half years have seen Trump’s approval rating mired in the low 40’s. We need to keep things on that path if we’re going to defeat him in 2020. The less normal he looks, the better. Especially if anything bad happens to the economy. His goose will be cooked. Nobody will be looking at him as a force of stability, precisely because of shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2018 12:01 AM

McRaven 2020?

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote] Especially if anything bad happens to the economy. His goose will be cooked.

Oh look, the Fake Democrat Concern Troll at R47 has dropped another turd.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2018 12:35 AM

Give it a rest ^ would you puh-leeze? It gets old. I didn’t interpret that post like that one single iota.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2018 5:00 AM

I think McRaven is not interested in pursuing a career in politics or as a TV 'advisor'. Obviously they all tried to get him on the news shows yesterday and nope, a no show.

He's teaching at UT Austin this fall and I guess he's just going to keep up his role as an academic.

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2018 3:05 PM

[QUOTE]Oh look, the Fake Democrat Concern Troll at R47 has dropped another turd.

What the fuck are you talking about? I’m the OP.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2018 3:08 PM

OP, it's a Trump troll. This story is driving the bots crazy.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2018 6:27 PM

Did you see that Trump was urged by his lunatic advisers to revoke Obama’s security clearance? Obama has been very low profile, but it’s still too much for the big baby President.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2018 12:31 AM

Trump denies it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2018 12:12 PM

McRaven is a handsome guy

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2018 2:09 PM

McRaven is 62 years old so is probably not going to be running for office in the future.

Calling out cheeto is something that should be beyond partisan politics and is certainly not the basis for voting for anyone in any case. More current and former officials should be taking a stand.

If our institutions are strong, then the US can survive the reign of any one president. The problem is that we're allowing this president to undermine and dismantle the institutions systematically.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2018 3:18 PM

I saw a video on YouTube of an interview on CBS This Morning when McRaven's book came out. Gayle King at one point asks him to take his shirt off to see his SEAL muscles. He was very embarrassed.

McRaven does have a form of chronic leukemia which apparently is not fatal but is also on ongoing issue. I would imagine that would exclude him from a political career, not to mention the thing he hated about being Chancellor of UT was dealing with the rightwing assholes in the Texas legislature. He's pretty apolitical which is why his attack on Trump is so striking.

People on twitter are promoting him for 2020 but I doubt he'll take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2018 7:36 PM

Fairly decent looking guy while you and seems to have remained fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2018 7:50 PM

Love it in his Make My Bed speech when he talks about how SEALs have to do night swims off San Clemente island and the commanding officers explain to them in sadistic detail all the different species of shark which patrol those waters. And how you don't try to swim away from a Great White Shark, you have to punch them in the snout.

He just punched Trump in the snout.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2018 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!