Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul is a Creep

Confirmed yet again.

“We were filming a segment, just kind of chatting, and then the camera went down for a moment.

“I turned to RuPaul and I said: ‘Oh my God, I just want to say thank you so much. It is such an honor to be here, such a pleasure to meet you – you have no idea what this…’ just giving her everything I want to say to her.

“And she turned to me and she said: ‘Nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling.’ And that broke my spirit.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 13, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]“And she turned to me and she said: ‘Nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling.’ And that broke my spirit.”

What a little snowflake. It's call doing showbiz.

Ony kiss their asses when there is a camera around. The little bitch thought he was winning Ru by kissing his ass. No hon, the secret is to stroke their ego where everyone can see it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2018 6:35 PM

"A creep"? That's an odd word choice.

Maybe a bitch would be more appropriate for that anecdote. Nothing about it is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2018 6:35 PM

[quote ‘Nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling.’ And that broke my spirit.

Good!

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2018 6:40 PM

I don't think Ru meant it in the way it was taken. But honestly, this guy tried to score points by kissing ass and it didnt work.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2018 6:47 PM

Ru is trying to make the best reality show they can, that's his job, the cameras need to be rolling.

The contestants are actually instructed to never talk to each other off camera, if they have something to say, then do it on camera.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2018 6:52 PM

"My breakfast latte is mostly FOAM! I've been looking forward to it all morning! My spirit... it is broken!@$#"

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2018 6:56 PM

Drag is just as much show biz as art. Show biz is the most cut throat around. Respect to Rupaul

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2018 6:57 PM

Can you imagine how fuckin' BORED Ru must be by this endless parade of wannabes?

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2018 7:17 PM

Wake up, Pearl! Wake UP!!.... but only while the cameras are rolling.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2018 7:22 PM

OP is a homophobe, so ofc her go-to insult against gay men is "creep".

Drag queens embody sassiness, which is just a funny word for witty, unapologetic unlikability. So, what is supposed to be so odd - let alone creepy - in this story?

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2018 7:26 PM

I'm so disillusioned...disillusioned

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2018 7:31 PM

I suspect it is more Ru's race that presents an issue for the OP r10

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2018 7:32 PM

I can't believe a drag queen would playfully endorse the primacy of perfomativity over authentic emotions in show business! is nothing sacred anymore?

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2018 7:34 PM

"‘Oh my God, I just want to say thank you so much. It is such an honor to be here..."

When her lips started moving to share that dribble, I thought immediately about repurposing my tuck duct tape.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2018 7:34 PM

R10 sweetheart just because someone doesn't like a particular individual doesn't make them a homophobe, but cute try!

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote] OP is a homophobe, so ofc her go-to insult against gay men is "creep".

Don’t you have a college campus to burn down?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2018 7:52 PM

Ru is hated beyond belief by everyone who’s met him. He’s a phony fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2018 7:53 PM

Don’t forget that Ru is the one that got an entire generation to believe that a tranny threw the first brick at Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2018 7:54 PM

Girl.....you have something on your face.

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2018 8:12 PM

RuPaul is a jerk. It's pretty well known. But he doesn't edit the show or even decide the winner anymore. I will watch All Stars 4 for Manila Luzon and this FREAK, but the show sold out to its young white gender-fluid tween base and the contestants now play more and more to them too. They are more interested in selling merch than being decent performers. The more old school they are, the sooner they're eliminated. The bitches who play nice and look fishy can make a lot of $$$. It's not a good show anymore and sure ain't subversive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2018 5:36 AM

RuPaul is not looking for BFFs while shooting the show and is not into meet and greets as well. I am sure the show is on a tight schedule that can stress out anyone and different people react differently to stress.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2018 5:53 AM

[quote]It's not a good show anymore

When was it good?

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2018 12:13 PM

‘Nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling.’

Actually that's a great line. Very old-school Diva. Very Bette Davis.

The kid could have a fun story to tell at dinner: "gee what a dope I was fawning like that".... "....what a perfect zinger" "...oh well, that's "show biz"!"...

No, instead he makes it all about his hurt feelings and what a meanie RuPaul is.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Matt is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 24August 18, 2018 12:53 PM

Violet fucking Chachki!! Toots and Boots. I'm in love with that dude/girl. He and Miss Fame are something altogether different from the Drag Race girls. World wide fashion phenoms. Katya is there too, looking sober. Season 7 represents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2018 8:50 AM

Did you watch the entire Hey Kween interview with Pearl? That mess doesn't go five seconds without complaining or blaming someone else (Ru, her manager, her fans, the world) for her problems. Fact of the matter is, Pearl is a spoiled brat who has never had to struggle for anything. Any pushback she received on the show was probably a culture shock.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2018 9:42 AM

I loved Ru back in the '90s and then around 2005 (way before Drag Race started & while Ru had nothing going on career-wise) I found his email address somewhere and decided to send him an email saying how much I loved him & that it would be incredible if he'd simply reply. I know it sounds stupid but I was young and it really would have meant a lot to me at the time. He could have simply replied with "Thanks" and it would've made my life at the time. He never replied though & I've always kind of disliked him since.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2018 10:53 AM

R27 hope you have found a life purpose since then because of that hurt your feelings then this life may not be for you lol. Get over it it’s show business.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2018 3:54 PM

R27, it's possible that that email address is no longer valid (and hasn't been for years) or, if still valid, perhaps he no longer uses it and therefore hasn't checked it in eons. Not just trying to find excuses for him but just saying you have no real way of knowing if that email actually ever reached him.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2018 4:02 PM

[quote] hope you have found a life purpose since then because of that hurt your feelings then this life may not be for you lol. Get over it it’s show business.

There was no show business for him in 2005/2006...he was pretty much a '90s has-been when I emailed him. I think I may have gotten his email from his website (not positive, it was a long time ago now). I remember being pretty certain that my email was going to get to him though. I wouldn't say it hurt my feelings that he didn't respond, it was more like an "Eww" feeling. You know like when you do something nice for someone and they don't even acknowledge it?

Anyway, enough about me.

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2018 4:30 PM

When oh when will these bitchy old farts realize that “sassy bitch” is not acceptable in show biz anymore. This show is idiotic, nobody cares about drag, and Rupaul is so over he could be an egg.

by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2018 4:37 PM

This gender appropriation bullshit was ALWAYS tired. It belongs in the bars. Trannys are tiresome freaks with low impulse control and low IQ.

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2018 4:56 PM

That comment could have been made a few different ways. Ru could have been joking.. maybe not. More likely trying to keep the queens focused..

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2018 5:00 PM

You couldn't be more wrong R31, as far as mainstream acceptance. RuPaul has won two Emmys in a category where Heidi Klum still has none. Drag race is nominated for 12 Emmys this season. Ru was awarded as star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, undreamable for a drag queen. He's on every major talk show and most magazine covers.

Bianca Del Rio, Adore Delano are millionaires. Shangela, Trixie and Katya are not far behind. Shangela has worked with SJP, Gaga and Bradley Cooper and many others in drag and as himself. She hosted the July 4, Macy's parade this year. Drag Race alumni are regulars on Entertainment Tonight and that show with Andy Cohen. Even the girls who didn't become big stars are making major money and being booked around the world. Their clothes are custom made or top designers.

Miss Fame, Violet and Milk all walk runways for the major fashion houses and do lots of editorial modelling for major magazines. IN drag.

I don't think this is all great. Something is lost about the old school MC lip synching bitch in too many sequence. (sic) and a bad platform shoe. But to say that Ru or his show are over is a complete falsehood. Gay men are not even the majority of the fan base. If anything the show has become too mainstream and very much a part of the gender conversation/conversion collective.

Even an old slut like Willam now claims that he is sexually fluid when he really means his ass is full of cum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2018 6:12 PM

R23 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2018 6:19 PM

RuPaul actually used to be genuinely nice back in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2018 6:31 PM

Too harsh. Someone like Dolly Parton could have been just as blunt but mixed it with humor. and good naturedness. Bette Davis would have done it to a fellow actor. I doubt she would have pulled it to a fan or someone "lower" on the film set. True diva behavior is knowing when to whip it out or reign it in. Otherwise you start intruding on Faye Dunaway, Lauren Bacall territory.

by Anonymousreply 37August 19, 2018 6:49 PM

Woe is the young gayling, a professional entertainer is not ACTUALLY his new best friend.

by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2018 6:51 PM

I would hardly call Pearl a "gayling" R38 but yes, your point is well taken. All of these younger entertainers are snowflakes for the most part. They need to be toughened up. Ru is just doing his job.

by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Ru does seem a little off. He was on Trevor Noah's The Daily Show awhile back and his answers to Trevor's very basic questions were very odd and off putting. For some reason Ru was very unpleasant to Trevor, Trevor was his usual informed charming smiling self. It was obvious the problem was definitely with Ru, not Trevor.

Ru was very rude to Trevor and it was not because the questions were prying or personal. It was one of the oddest interviews I'd ever seen in my life. Could be Ru was having a bad day, if that was the case, he should have cancelled.

Ru kept going on about only doing something if he got paid. Almost every answer to Trevor's question was about Ru getting paid and "my money". "Honey it's ALL about the money! If I don't get paid..." was basically the answer to almost every question!

At first, Trevor was taken back by Ru's rudeness. When Trevor realized the response would be the same to all his questions, Trevor just laughed, then simply went to the next question knowing full well Ru would give the same bizarre response.

Ru was acting extremely weird and it did appear he was high. As I don't much about Ru and don't watch his show, I have no idea if he uses drugs, but his appearance on Trevor's show was beyond bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2018 7:08 PM

It wouldn't have killed Ru to say "Thank you." Enjoy the bad press, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

No one would take useless pearl’s side if it was butt ugly.

by Anonymousreply 42August 19, 2018 7:15 PM

I hope to God Pearl didn't repeat everything to her once the cameras came back on. I love the thought of the cameras coming back on and Ru waiting for Pearl to kiss her ass like "Did you have something you wanted to say to me?" only to be left hanging.

by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2018 7:19 PM

Never meet your idols.

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2018 7:20 PM

No he's not just doing his job. Unlike other reality competition shows RuPaul claims to be these contestants mother and mentor. That is a real thing in drag communities. But it's not who Ru is. He doesn't even remember their names, though he continues to profit off of them after they leave the show. Even that is normal enough. But he doesn't speak to them as real people when he is being "himself." It's all for show and so many of these contestants idolize him. The many many comments made post Drag Race by contestants indicate that RuPaul is a cold man and very cutthroat with "his girls." He has his favorites and sometimes does promote them - they are never the winners of course, but for the most part he doesn't even remember their names. Sorry, but that is not normal behavior. Simon Cowell or Heidi Klum can remember most of the contestants and something more about them from their years on reality judging shows, and they both are DIVAS too. They never claim to take on the role of mentor at all, but they can tell you things about each of hundreds of contestants.

RuPaul is a weird new age faker. But it keeps him sober and "sane." When he had Jinkx Monsoon on his podcast, at one point he said to her - " I don't remember what season you were on but I think you did pretty well in the competition." Michelle Visage gets very quiet and Jinkx said, "yeah, I won." To her credit she laughed and laughed. They know who they are dealing with. They know nothing about RuPaul either.

Raven and Delta now do Ru's hair and makeup on the show. I am sure he interacts with them, he can be quite pleasant. But they know nothing about him and he doesn't care about them. He's not a superstar, he's a cold removed human being who spouts new age nonsense and is only concerned with his personal brand. Fine. But that is not the part he plays on his own show for more than 10 seasons now. Only the brave alumni call him out on his deliberate distance and lack of support, because he has banished the ones who were most vocal. Yes he can do what he wants. But even back in the 90s when he still had to do guest appearances in clubs, he was a known asshole, even for tips.

If Ru was truly evolved he would give it up. He hates being in drag and has enough money.

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2018 7:22 PM

Pearl has a lovely cock, but Team Ru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2018 7:27 PM

r27 I know what you mean. And I agree with r44. If the meeting isn't perfect and you're the slightest bit sensitive it's really easy to get turned off by them completely by some weird look or comment or anything really. And the worst is when you're just flat-out ignored. I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of anyone but people you may feel generally good towards, think they are funny or whatever, and then you find out they're not, can be very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2018 7:40 PM

A friend who loves RuPaul and Drag Race went to his Walk of Fame ceremony and was so disappointed that Ru didn't interact with the fans or sign autographs.  I was surprised my friend didn't know Ru's rep. That didn't surprise me at all after seeing how Ru acts on Twitter.

I guess his attitude is why the only celebrity in attendance was Jane Fonda and that was because Fonda was going to be a guest host on Drag Race. Compared that to when John Stamos got his star and his Garry Marshall, Jack Klugman and his costars from General Hospital and Full House were in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 48August 19, 2018 7:51 PM

He was whiny and too pure for this world on the show too. But lashing out at Ru years later, for something so trivial, shows what a dickhead he is.

by Anonymousreply 49August 19, 2018 7:59 PM

r40 that right there is what I despise about the fanbase of Drag Race as well as a lot of the generation that buys into it. It's the "get yo money honey!" philosophy that is 100% self-focused and self-centered. And that's what they're teaching everyone through that show. It's a validation of selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 50August 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Yes, phony sanctimony is far more preferable.

by Anonymousreply 51August 19, 2018 8:05 PM

They HAVE phony sanctimony. The shows reek of it. They're all faux concern and "I love you my sisters!!!" and all this, and then something will happen and one of them will be like, "Well, she had to get her money!" and they all nod in agreement and that's that. The fake bullshit is there covering up their real reasons.

And if you think the choices are only between fake sanctimony and blatant displays of selfishness, then that's kinda saying more about you than you may realize.

by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2018 8:07 PM

No sane person becomes enraged by the existence of RuPaul's Drag Race. You're a humorless freak, sorry to inform you.

by Anonymousreply 53August 19, 2018 8:09 PM

Ru presents himself as a gay Oprah. He’s so full of shit his eyes are brown. His interviews on shows are all about spirituality and believing in yourself and pearls of wisdom. He’s as big a phony as that other bullshitter Mya Angelou.

by Anonymousreply 54August 19, 2018 8:16 PM

And interestingly, everyone mentioned is black, hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 55August 19, 2018 8:17 PM

r53 no idea who you are speaking to. No one is "enraged" here, although your comment is pretty obnoxious. Have you considered self-immolation?

by Anonymousreply 56August 19, 2018 8:18 PM

No one here has become enraged R53. RPDR is due for some examination. It happens minorly on DL, only because y'all are so old. Elsewhere people are either super stans or very much seeing clearly. RuPaul is his own dinosaur and often embarrassing out of drag. And he's back on the shit. You sound like a shill dude. "Sorry to inform you" is the kind of teenage girl talk the show encourages. But it's supposed to be just for fun.

Oprah does tremendous good in this world, as tedious as she can be. Ru just spouts new age nonsense and cashes checks.

by Anonymousreply 57August 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Who's to say that RuPaul, in saying "it doesn't matter", wasn't just playing his projected public persona's role and doing exactly what you'd EXPECT a sassy, fierce drag queen to do?

Now, if RuPaul were out of drag, at somebody's birthday party, and acted like that... THEN that would be different. But when he's filming the show, he's "in character" and putting on a real-world performance as much as anyone else is.

by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2018 8:22 PM

[quote] Actually that's a great line. Very old-school Diva. Very Bette Davis.

Can you go five seconds without being a stereotype? The world is not a fucking Bette Davis movie. I can smell the shit on your breath from here.

by Anonymousreply 59August 19, 2018 8:22 PM

Openly gay celebs have always attacked here, don't fool yourself you're doing anything unique.

by Anonymousreply 60August 19, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote] Who's to say that RuPaul, in saying "it doesn't matter", wasn't just playing his projected public persona's role and doing exactly what you'd EXPECT a sassy, fierce drag queen to do?

Because he’s like this off the show. He’s an asshole to everyone around him. He’s the gay male Ellen DeGeneres. He plays up this nice persona and is the nastiest cunt around.

by Anonymousreply 61August 19, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote] Openly gay celebs have always attacked here, don't fool yourself you're doing anything unique.

Ru’s here attacking us? Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 62August 19, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote]‘Nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling.’

It's a great line. Could be right out of "Sunset Boulevard".

One day when the kid is older and a little more sophisticated he'll understand the joke.

by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2018 8:25 PM

I was agreeing with your comments until the "y'all are so old" remark, r57. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2018 8:25 PM

Ru is bitter because he knows his show has absolutely destroyed drag, however, the money and fame is too good for him to give the show up.

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2018 8:28 PM

this show, like the Wendy Williams show, needs to revamp the format. Ru's become a robot reciting the same old lines and the competition categories aren't meaningful and tired

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2018 8:32 PM

They should look to Big Brother UK for examples. They need to do things to get the drag queens embarrassed and doing stupid shit.

If I have to watch another badly-written "Rusical" or skit where someone announces they're gay I'm going to vomit and mail it to WOW productions.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2018 8:35 PM

Hopefully Pearl learned a little more about show biz. She should be grateful. It's s reality show. Save it for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2018 8:36 PM

He can't be all bad. The B-52's member love him. He is in at least two videos of them (Love Shack, Funplex). And Fred Schneider did backing vocals for one of Rupaul's early tracks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2018 8:43 PM

That was back before she became the drag Oprah and started annoying everyone with the pop psychobabble.

by Anonymousreply 70August 19, 2018 8:45 PM

How has the show destroyed drag? By making it more mainstream?

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2018 8:53 PM

I think it's made it formulaic and less secret. It's like a private club that used to be exclusive that everyone is suddenly going to and talking about. It makes it feel less special and interesting for those who knew it before it blew up.

Like how places nowdays are getting ruined by over tourism.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2018 8:56 PM

I'm failing to see the creepiness.

by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Some people do think that when niche things become mainstream that it ruins them. Superhero comic books / graphic novels, fetish sex, drag, etc.

by Anonymousreply 74August 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Warren Beatty? Truth or Dare?

by Anonymousreply 75August 19, 2018 9:02 PM

RuPaul, like 80% of the gay planet at that moment, found Matthew James Lent wildly attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2018 9:05 PM

I hope Ru doesn't become bitter, hateful, and nasty on a Jerry Lewis level. That would suck.

Snap out of it!

by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2018 9:06 PM

I wish Rupaul WOULD EXACTLY become like Jerry Lewis level nasty! That would be heaven!!!!

by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2018 9:31 PM

Alex_c4 has a bigger cock and is cuter anyway

by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]Oprah does tremendous good in this world

Promoting, legitimizing and enriching anti-gay preachers makes her a huge shitstain on humanity. Not to mention a huge hypocrite considering what her "true self".

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Drag queens are tired and passé.

by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2018 9:40 PM

He very well be an asshole now, or maybe always, but my cousin spent a fair amount of time with him over a couple of years, and she had nothing but good things to say about him. This would have been early 2000s. They had mutual friends in LA. She's totally not Hollywood, not in the "biz"..just an outdoorsy, granola, seems-like-a-lesbian-but-isn't type. She kept wanting to introduce me when I'd visit her in LA, but it never worked out.

She doesn't live out there anymore and hasn't spoken to him in years. This was pre-Drag Race and all his "guru" bullshit, so maybe he's gotten nastier since she knew him.

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Who's the beauty at R20?

I thought the La Toya Jackson nostril look went out 30 years ago.. Can't believe PS hasn't evolved past that triangular shit.

by Anonymousreply 83August 19, 2018 11:00 PM

[quote]Drag queens are tired and passé.

Please take that anti-homosexual, gender theory bullshit elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 84August 19, 2018 11:02 PM

I remember when RuPaul had his talk show on VH1 twenty years ago, he made a point of not seeing his guests until they made their entrance on air. I think he thought it made better television.

by Anonymousreply 85August 19, 2018 11:06 PM

All drag Queens including RuPaul are damaged people.

by Anonymousreply 86August 19, 2018 11:14 PM

I liked the early seasons of Drag Race, but ultimately that more-soft-focus-than-Lucy-as-Mame, as well as the fomulaic nature of teh show.

by Anonymousreply 87August 19, 2018 11:16 PM

R86 the early seasons had drag queens with actual talent now its just a bunch of boring try hards

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2018 11:17 PM

I like when Ru fake "cries" on the show by making her voice quiver with an immobile, frozen face. So real!

by Anonymousreply 89August 19, 2018 11:26 PM

Oh Pearl can fuck right off the dull little drugged up bore. That is a great line from Ru and shame the sulky little cunt didn't get it. Drag Race jumped the shark at season 7 when they got dull little fucks like Pearl and Violet on, famous for makeup but little to no talent for anything.

by Anonymousreply 90August 19, 2018 11:32 PM

R89 that’s not as bad as when she fake laughs and pretends the boring try hards they have casted since season 6 are remotely funny or clever.....

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2018 11:37 PM

I can only imagine the thousands of times people have tried to kiss up to him like that. Even IF the OP was sincere, how naive to think he was going to get a warm fuzzy back. Ru has to be able to survive and this is his JOB. He probably literally doesn't have the energy to give attention to everyone who fawns over him. Being "nice to fans" is one thing. But c'mon. And what he said wasn't wrong, either. Sure, he could have said "thanks," yes, but celebs are people just like anyone else. Perhaps he was just not in the mood, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 92August 19, 2018 11:41 PM

I think Ru has a bit of dementia/Alzheimers creeping in. If you listen to his podcast he can barely remember anything that didn't happen in the 70s/80s. Plus the whole concept of the show seems a bit old fart now in this age of gender fluid me, me bullshit. Even that's no longer much of a drawcard on social media anymore.

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2018 11:52 PM

This thread is proof of the peoples’ general Self-loathing and jealousy for those that are successful. Ru is not bothered by any of you or your opinions. And that’s why he is successful. His actual representation inside Hollywood (where it counts) is stellar. But haters will hate and continue to project and be bitter. Have fun with that (most of you).

by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2018 12:05 AM

R95 I presumed they were gender fluid or some such fantasy crap to make them feel special cause Daddy wouldn't molest them...but I am harsh

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2018 12:16 AM

Initially, a small part of my internal monologue was “oh, Ru ...” I personally admire Ru for being forthright, honest, caring and an all round sweetheart. Then, I wondered, was it Ru’s honesty speaking and responding to someone being disingenuous, and a sycophant? Yep. It’s a competition, and brown nosing isn’t an admirable quality. Particularly when a contestant is doing it in a weak attempt to further themselves. Mamma Ru has seen it all. One of the comments (paraphrased) in the article, said that Ru would likely prefer respect over being idolised.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2018 1:36 AM

(Sorry, wrong thread.)

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2018 3:36 AM

Jesus, R27 - how the fuck do you cope in life? You must spend every day in your grease stained mu mu in a foetal position in your dank basement. I’m guessing life has been ‘cruel’ to you.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2018 3:36 AM

Ironically, my post at r97 ended up in the wrong thread here...

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2018 3:37 AM

R40 - perhaps because Trevor is a complete and utter cunt crust?

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2018 3:40 AM

R57 - yes, Oprah is not at ALL patronising, condescending, insincere and she does SO much good for the planet (“you get a car! You get a car! And none of it comes out of my pocket”) Oprah sets up shoddy schools where children are physically and sexually abused. It’s not like she’s made any coin out of all of her enterprises *eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2018 3:50 AM

R91 - “casted”??

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2018 3:53 AM

Creepy Ru creepy Ru......

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2018 11:44 AM

RuPaul is a scorpio and he openly admits that he is asocial and aloof with strangers. As long as he doesn’t pretend to be a snuggle bunny when cameras aren’t rolling, I don’t hold this against him. In full disclosure, I would feel the way Pearl said he felt if a hero ever spoke to me that way. It would ruin that person for me. I interviewed Sarah McLachlan, whom I had loved in the 90s, in the 2000s and she told me that she is actually a happy, bubbly person but she writes melancholy songs because (something like) “that’s what the fans pay me for,” and with that comment I really lost all interest in her evidently inauthentic music. But they say don’t meet your heroes for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2018 1:45 PM

Is Rue Paul gay or Trans?

by Anonymousreply 105August 20, 2018 1:47 PM

Most Drag Queens are somewhere between male- trans. No real man needs a bra.

by Anonymousreply 106August 20, 2018 1:48 PM

Gay R105 and kind of semi-intolerant of trans people. He just had Lady Bunny on his podcast, and LB was defending RuPaul about trans people, saying that LB and RuPaul hung out with drag queens who were always trans and thought they were the most interesting people. So, Bunny said, trans people who think RuPaul is transphobic really don’t understand RuPaul’s perspective. And RuPaul immediately responded with something like, “some people are just always looking for a fight with someone, looking for enemies, and that’s who those people are. There’s nothing you can do about it. They make you the enemy. I really don’t care about those people. You just ignore it and keep going.” (That’s paraphrased but it is the gist.) He basically cut off Lady Bunny’s attempt to defend him and changed the subject.

by Anonymousreply 107August 20, 2018 1:52 PM

The issue is a simple one. Ru started from shit and worked his ass off. I remember an appearance on Geraldo when he was doing a show on the club kid scene. I think Ru doesn't understand this generation of 20 year old baby-children, where everything is a slight and an offense and they need to be held and hugged every five seconds. Millennials can be fucking exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 108August 20, 2018 1:55 PM

[Quote]Gay [R105] and kind of semi-intolerant of trans people. He just had Lady Bunny on his podcast, and LB was defending RuPaul about trans people, saying that LB and RuPaul hung out with drag queens who were always trans and thought they were the most interesting people. So, Bunny said, trans people who think RuPaul is transphobic really don’t understand RuPaul’s perspective. And RuPaul immediately responded with something like, “some people are just always looking for a fight with someone, looking for enemies, and that’s who those people are. There’s nothing you can do about it. They make you the enemy. I really don’t care about those people. You just ignore it and keep going.” (That’s paraphrased but it is the gist.) He basically cut off Lady Bunny’s attempt to defend him and changed the subject.

He's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2018 1:57 PM

R108 I agree that there must be a major worldview disconnect there. RuPaul was drugged out of his mind, homeless, fighting to stay alive and to make himself into some grandiose vision of a superstar he had in his mind when he was Pearl’s age. Pearl seems like he is from a gated community where his mommy brushed his golden locks and told him one day his prince will come. I do think RuPaul could certainly be gracious to people who look up to him. That’s just a sort of basic quality of goodness. But it is showbiz, kid. Pearl will fall over dead when he finally sees the movie Chicago, which I suppose would be an Old Hollywood classic film to him.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Does Ru still make music? I don't give a shit about this Drag Race stuff. But I did like his music quite a little bit back in the '90s. I wonder what my family was thinking when I bought his cassette tape in the 8th grade and made them play it everywhere we went.

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2018 2:19 PM

r110 he also cured polio while he was living in the streets turning tricks. Now THAT is incredible!

He's not going to die, when he decides he's bored with life. He will simply ascend to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 113August 20, 2018 10:45 PM

Drag Race used to be a fun, strange show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2018 3:57 AM

LOL. "IntoMore" took time out from writing about trans outrage to cover this Very Important News. They make it even More Dramatic:

[quote]That statement devastated Pearl, who explained that her apathetic performance during the early weeks of season 7 was due to this initial encounter.

She was DEVASTATED. Her entire world was shattered. Her puppy was eaten. Her best friend got supercancer. She discovered she had bacne. She sold Amazon at $13.00 because she needed the cash and lost out on millions. She shorted Tesla stock right before Elon Musk posted his tweet about "funding secured". It was EXACTLY LIKE THAT!

They went and interviewed everyone that they knew had a beef with RuPaul, who unsurprisingly agreed that RuPaul is a monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2018 4:19 AM

R115 Hilarious, the biggest non story EVER. Pearl is such a fucking dreary zombie, and all the queens bitching are the ones who complained about their 'edit', but they said the shit that makes them look like wankers

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2018 4:46 AM

Pearl was the illiterate one who didn't know who Shakespeare was.

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2018 6:48 AM

R111 Yes he does, but mostly for RPDR.

When was the last time RuPaul actually performed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2018 7:11 AM

R117 He was also the boring and talentless one.

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2018 7:11 AM

Pearl only made the top 3 in Season 7 because of how "hot" she is as a boy. How she won her first LSFYL is beyond me, and her second one should have been a double elimination but the following challenge needed a specific amount of queens so a winner had to be declared.

She's become a Drag Race punchline for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2018 7:15 AM

I think Pearl did an okay job on Snatch Game as Big Ang.

Season 7 was when the show, if you'll excuse me for using an old expression, "jumped the shark."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2018 7:18 AM

You don't have to much digging to discover RuPaul isnt very "sisterly". There's more than one interview out there where she comes off as quite nasty and rude. She's only nice to people like Oprah.

To be honest, I hope this awful sounding Netflix show of hers is a bomb..."AJ and the Queen". It sounds god awful; more Ru worshipping at the altar of shitty 70s/early 80s pop culture.

Bitch has no taste. Mathu was the one who really created "the Supermodel" RuPaul.

She can't even do her own make up.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2018 7:23 AM

Take the compliment, say say thanks and move on. It's not that hard to be gracious.

by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2018 9:06 AM

[quote]Does Ru still make music?

RuPaul released an album in 2017 called American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 21, 2018 9:23 AM

Rupaul is a queen of illusion and I respect that. These cry babies who are so wrecked over her not being their best friend or motherly therapist just need to deal with it and grow up. She doesn't have to live up to their expectations. That's on them. Reality tv has fucked up a lot of things. Like building expectations that there is anything real about it.

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2018 10:30 AM

Ru's temperament and the way the contestants are manipulated is the gay/drag version Tyra Banks and ANTM. And Ru's pop psychology blatherings are more trite and obvious.

by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2018 10:47 AM

[quote]Don’t forget that Ru is the one that got an entire generation to believe that a tranny threw the first brick at Stonewall.

Hardly. From nearly the very beginning, trans people were upset at their contributions to the movement being downplayed by the media and gay men. As the decades wore on, the story went from trans being responsible for continuing the protests after the first night, to being responsible for the very first night of riots and even for throwing the brick.

RuPaul may believe it, but he's not even close to the person who started it.

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2018 10:56 AM

RuPaul went on Hey Qween. Not many on his level would do that.

I got sick of hearing about the Matrix and Ru's memory is rather foggy, which affects his ability as an interviewer, so I stopped listening to the podcast long ago... but he's quite transparent in the podcast about not being a people person.

Pearl's "tea" was not revelatory.

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2018 11:10 AM

I learned about RuPaul’s podcast here and I have listened to it since then. He is very transparent about who the real RuPaul Charles is and what his perspectives are. He says that the real version of him is an aloof introvert who does not like being around people, and that he knows how to “turn it on” for showbiz, but that that is not the real person. He doesn’t pretend otherwise except as the drag character. He’s very New Age-y and spiritual about life lessons, and sees himself as a graduate of the school of hard knocks, and he feels like hard-won life lessons are the best life lessons because life is neither fair nor nice. So in short, he lives up to the stereotype of a Scorpio.

He also has said a lot on the podcast that he can’t keep all the contestants on Drag Race straight in his mind, he doesn’t remember all of them, he doesn’t know what seasons most of them have been on, and he doesn’t socialize with them because he doesn’t socialize with many people, including his husband, as they spend a lot of time living apart because of RuPaul’s travel schedule. He makes it clear that he has a professional relationship with Raven because Raven does his makeup, and he respects some of the contestants but not all of them. He has no patience for the ones like Pearl who expect RuPaul to personally befriend and nurture them and promote them, and who do not understand that being cast on this show in the drag world is an opportunity to build a personal brand—and that making good on that opportunity is up to them, and whatever comes of it is a life lesson.

RuPaul sees his drag as a business. That’s one of the points of contention with trans people; he isn’t transgender, and he sees his drag as a costume that is a pain in the ass to put on and which he won’t wear unless he is being paid well to do so.

RuPaul is entrepreneurial and money focused. He talks on the podcast about money incessantly. About millions—about how once a million dollars was a dream, and now five million doesn’t seem like much, and he’s got his sights set on fove hundred million. He says this explicitly ans frequently. All he is doing is running a company, and he sees the drag race contestants as employees of a kind who need to grow up and act like adults and professionals, not drugged-up children who are desperate for an adoptive parent in padding.

I have had bosses I’ve looked up to and wanted to learn from. I’ve never had a boss cuddle me and pet me and tell me that I am their favorite little creative genius and become my best friend, and I’ve never cried or run around trashing that boss for not filing adoption papers to get custody of me and bathe me in parental adoration. That’s insane. Pearl is a pretty, vacuous little prick who IMO demonstrates RuPaul’s perspective of either getting it or not getting it, and of dealing with reality and taking control of one’s own fate. Pearl feels abandoned by someone who was never his friend, set adrift by someone he was never docked against, professionally devastated by someone who was never responsible for his career. It’s like if I got a job, came to work half drunk every day, typed random gibberish into a computer, and was offended that my boss reprimanded me for showing up unfit for work.

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2018 11:16 AM

Didn’t that other drag queen Madonna already mention this in Truth or Dare? Warren Beatty: [after Madonna declines to talk to her doctor off-camera] She doesn't want to live off-camera, much less talk. There's nothing to say off-camera. Why would you say something if it's off-camera? What point is there existing?

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2018 11:22 AM

R130 I kind of thought in those terms as a young child. I don’t know where the idea came from, but I developed a hypothesis that I was sort of the camera of my life experience, and when people are away from my presence, I thought that they might somehow shut off, having nothing to do. So I would hide inside of or behind or under things—closets, tables, anything, as still and quiet as I could and wait for my parents and grandparents to become inanimate. And then eventually I would get bored and figure they somehow knew I was there, and so I would jump up and scream and scare the life out of them. I eventually relayed this theory to them and they were worried for my mental health. I always argued it was just a healthy imagination and curiosity-driven approach to life. It’s a typical kind of childish narcissism that most people grow out of and some clearly do not: all of life is a grand, bankable performance, except the private internal calculations about how to reinvent the next on-camera appearance to be novel. RuPaul and perhaps Madonna translate it into business.

by Anonymousreply 131August 21, 2018 11:39 AM

[quote]RuPaul claims to be these contestants mother and mentor

Nah, that's what some needy people project onto her.

[quote]Does Ru still make music?

Did she ever?

by Anonymousreply 132August 21, 2018 11:55 AM

RuPaul did not invent drag, either her original punk kind or her glamazon kind. One thing he does deserve credit for is creating his very own genre of music. It’s gay, it’s camp, it’s drag, it’s its own thing, and despite not being an extraordinary singer, RuPaul has made more hits that have entered the mainstream than one would have thought could be possible. Supermodel was a legitimate song average people had a hard time not liking; it’s as much a part of pop culture history as YMCA is. Back to My Roots wasn’t as mainstream, but it is a part of the now-dead legitimate gay subculture of its time. And while it’s true that more recent songs are popular only because of his TV show, the show is a mainstream hit, and it has made songs like Sissy That Walk, Kitty Girl, The Realness, Champion commonly recognized songs, and every one of them is a mainstream gay drag song—a genre that I believe RuPaul truly invented. And it begat an industry. From Purse First (which amuses me to no end) to whatshisname’s country music about girls who are boys, RuPaul is both the innovator and the master of his own distinct genre.

by Anonymousreply 133August 21, 2018 12:03 PM

You have to consider all the people Ru Paul has been forced to deal with during her career. I'm more than sure she has had her fill of wannabes, hangers on, sycophants, crazies, weirdos, and god only knows what other type of nut case desperate for stardom. I don't blame her for keeping it strictly business when she's working. The same people who crawl all over each other to get at her only do it because they think she can do something for them. If she wasn't Ru Paul they wouldn't give her the time of day and Ru knows it so she's not going to indulge their various schemes to benefit from being associated with her.

by Anonymousreply 134August 21, 2018 12:08 PM

Pearl gave himself away in the interview. He said twice that he thought getting close with the judges was the only way to win, and so he tried to get close to RuPaul and RuPaul rejected him and he was “devastated.” Was he devastated that his insincere strategy failed? It’s like hearing a person say he tried to get close to an heiress because it was the best way to tap into her trust fund, and was then devastated when she rejected his advances. Well? What did you expect, you opportunistic predator? If you expect sympathy from me, you need to rethink how you think life works.

by Anonymousreply 135August 21, 2018 12:13 PM

Who styles RuPaul when she makes her big entrance at runway? I can understand camp and over-the-top, but a lot of the time she just looks tacky and bad. Are her roots in pageant?

by Anonymousreply 136August 21, 2018 10:37 PM

[quote] RuPaul is entrepreneurial and money focused.

That reminds me of Kathy Griffin. RuPaul sees himself as brand and he is very careful to get the most (money & worth) out of his brand.

I know it's silly, but I am always a bit bummed out when celebs are (too?) honest and say "I'm doing this for the money and I wouldn't do it otherwise" instead of "I am the luckiest bitch in the world, because I'm getting paid for what I love!".

by Anonymousreply 137August 21, 2018 10:53 PM

R137 RuPaul really does say e is lucky and grateful for being able to do what he loves—but what he loves pisses off a lot of guys here. RuPaul has this elaborate psychedelics-influenced theory that all of life is illusory and can be manipulated and dreams can be made real with the right focus and discipline. That’s too New Age-y for many people here and they complain about him talking about “the matrix,” etc. But that is the basis behind his love of drag and pop culture and pop art. Drag to him isn’t being fabulously girly and bitchy; it’s telling cultural norms of a false reality to fuck themselves. It’s funny to me that he is so very honest and straightforward about his motivations, and people thumb their noses at his motivations and perspective and also hold it against him that he doesn’t have the more conventional perspective—I love to dress up like a girl!—that people want him to have. It kind of proves his point about his own subversiveness despite being mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 138August 21, 2018 11:01 PM

r138, his New Age beliefs are part of his brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 21, 2018 11:08 PM

I don't watch Drag Race but I started listening to his podcast recently and I actually like it. When there is a guest that Ru can kiki with or reminisce about old New York, he's engaging and quick to laugh. He admits he has a horrible memory for facts and isn't very social. In fact, he and Michelle have often said they don't talk outside of the podcast so that they have fresh conversations to record.

I agree with above that when they start talking about money or visualization it makes me want to barf. He is someone who has been through a lot and expects everyone else to do the same. And he wasn't shutting down Lady Bunny when they were talking about being anti-trans, he was correct that you can't fight with those people so he doesn't waste the effort.

by Anonymousreply 140August 21, 2018 11:11 PM

r139 I'm so sick of the lines and phrases that people (usually young) repeat from the show like mantras, especially that one. RuPaul tries to market every little thing and is so shameless about it that it's off-putting. It's this Dr. Phil/Oprah-esque type of thinking that simplifies psychological issues into catchphrases and marketable tidbits and in the process completely devalues them. That phrase specifically is RuPaul's entire philosophy because it speaks directly to selfishness when you look at how she uses it. Basically, it can be rephrased as "me first, everyone else second, if at all" when you look at it critically.

by Anonymousreply 141August 22, 2018 1:08 AM

Agree R141. And the poster who goes on and on about Ru's spiritual beliefs guiding his honest principles - Nah. RuPaul changes principles to suit a situation ($) and then calls it spiritual. The show has made a lot of queens well known and very successful. I would argue that many of them are more popular than RuPaul. He is the host. The nonsense puns and endless obsessions, his "guidance" and wisdom mean nothing. He's a HIV+ very lucky ex party boy who is loyal to his sycophantic friends and memories. He's no where near as creative as many of the contestants on Drag Race, but like Madonna he did come up with something that others created for him and made it his own. So many gay men remember and categorize everything and Ru is proof of that. He remembers words and phrases and nonsense that amused him or were popular 35 years ago. He does make some of it funny and weird, but he is not able to draw a distinction between the superficial and the important and the profound. He has dedicated himself to no cause but his own. If you follow Ru you know he is very much in love with Taylor Dayne and Jody Watley and Miss Ross still. They are more real to him than anything going on in the world. He loves to compile playlists and promote his own crap products. Nothing wrong with that - he's an old man. But the contestants and fans of his show are considerably younger and he sells out his own standard to crown a winner that keeps it going. He has very little integrity as a drag queen and zero as an activist. That's show business. His lack of caring about others is not spiritual, although it may be necessary for him to pretend it is. He could have stood for something in the last few years, but he just fell in line. He even spiritually supported the election of Trump as some collective lesson until it became an embarrassment to not see the real human damage. Ru is on a spiritual journey until something goes wrong or he gets caught. Much like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 142August 22, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote] Basically, it can be rephrased as "me first, everyone else second, if at all" when you look at it critically.

Oh please. Even to this day there are still gays in the closet out of fear of being rejected by others. They value other people's approval over their own. What do you call them, heroes for not being so damn selfish? RuPaul's mantra is literally about loving you enough to accept yourself and let that decide your future instead of self hate.

RuPaul's New Age beliefs ring very true to me, because they are about self acceptance and self empowerment. Something not that many gay kids grow up with.

by Anonymousreply 143August 22, 2018 6:05 AM

R143 Thanks for articulating how I see it. The very-different interpretations show how subjective everything is. “If you don’t love yourself...” is a platitude to be sure, but it is founded in gay history of repression, self-deprivation, disappointment in oneself and one’s life circumstances, etc. That’s the point: if you are who you are and the world rejects that based on its rules, you have the ability to reject those rules, love yourself, and then share the love. People who can’t understand this interpretation in a way are like white people who can’t wrap their minds around institutional racism because they don’t experince it, like men who can’t understand how constantly women are harassed and denigrated because that’s not their own experiences, etc. It may not be your experience, but you should really try to temper yourself before batting down another person who shares their experiences honestly.

by Anonymousreply 144August 22, 2018 9:35 AM

r142 he is not hiv+ -- and you have no proof of that. You shouldn't be spouting that off arbitrarily just saying....

by Anonymousreply 145August 22, 2018 9:58 AM

How can a person be a cre^pe?

by Anonymousreply 146August 22, 2018 9:59 PM

I met him early 90s at ZoneDK which was a gay after hours sex club but that night featured Ru in a dance band called Now Explosion. I didn't like their first song but was getting into their second when one of their amps exploded thus ending their set. I'm now thinking it was planned.

by Anonymousreply 147August 24, 2018 12:04 AM

R145 do you have proof he isn't? I mean, if you are so sure about it.

by Anonymousreply 148August 24, 2018 12:26 AM

You've probably seen the vid Pearl put up on his youtube channel. My question is: can he remove those caps? They've given him a speech impediment.

by Anonymousreply 149August 24, 2018 12:27 AM

yummy

by Anonymousreply 150September 1, 2018 4:46 AM

"don't follow leaders/watch your parking meters. "- b. dylan. "you know you're shallow when you discover "the meaning of life" in the lyrics of a popular song."- (paraphrasing) fran lebowitz

by Anonymousreply 151September 1, 2018 6:51 AM

RuPaul is now a three time Emmy winner as best host of a reality show. Heidi Klum, Ryan Seacrest and Cat Deeley can't compete with his Eleganza. Delta Work (whatever his dude name is) also won an Emmy for best hairdressing last week!! Ru's wigs looked better on Season 10 than 9, but MA is sorely missed. David Petrushka (Raven) didn't win for his much better makeup skills. Ru has a lip implant that's fucking everything up with the recognizable proportions of his face. There was some jaw shaving, a low pull and some fillers along the way. He's not a freak yet but the lip implants are WRONG.

Meanwhile Krazy Katya and the low key no fucks to give but gorgeous Violet have been killing Fashion Photo RuView!!! They're funny and bitchy - not mean like raja and raven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2018 12:17 AM

WTF? Trixie Mattel and Larry King? Welcome to the show huuunnnny. Larry is pretty cute about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 23, 2018 4:57 AM

I don't get why Drag Race is celebrated so much. Those queens are under awful contracts where they don't get to keep a huge chunk of the money they make. DragCon is a selling literal trash for horrendous prices. World of Wonder willingly attracts white females over gay men, because that audience is bigger, so they have more money to drain. Nevermind RuPaul is ever promoting her shitty music and whatever other garbage she can make money off.

by Anonymousreply 154September 23, 2018 5:16 AM

How dare RuPaul earn money from showbusiness! She's a politician for chrisakes!

Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2018 6:25 AM

World of Wonder productions is owned by the two guys who performed their original songs as the Pop Tarts. I saw them at Danceteria and their songs weren't good and neither were they. After a couple of years at this, with no interest from record companies, they started working as DJs at Danceteria where they played such innovative new dance songs as "Maniac" from "Flashdance" - Danceteria had a reputation as a cutting edge music type of club so I went and protested during said song. Their response was "Maniac is a good song!"

by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2018 7:21 PM

You sound tedious AF

by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2018 7:49 PM

Look it's fine to acknowledge that the show is a meat grinder. But don't fake the "everybody say love" bullshit. Rupaul is a televangelist and should be treated as such.

by Anonymousreply 158September 23, 2018 8:32 PM

I just randomly looked up club kids on YouTube in a moment of nostalgia and found this episode of Gerlado...RuPaul (whom Geraldo calls “Ruball”) is just sitting up there with the rest of them like she is no one special!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 25, 2018 1:02 AM

Only because she should do Drag Race and now is queen of TV. Creep by the amazing Kelly Clarkson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 25, 2018 3:31 AM

Really Ru? Yes, really.

Then if that's true you are some ignant bitch from poor side of Atlanta whose momma is a fucking asshole, whose daddy is a fucking asshole who fucked you mamma in the fucking asshole and some cheap trick fucker who doesn't know how to take a compliment.

Roll cameras, Mr. Charles.

by Anonymousreply 161September 25, 2018 3:52 AM

On Twitter today Bob the Drag Queen went on a rant and said he "hated ALL white people, yes ALL of them!"

Of course his terrified white fans all cheered him on and many APOLOGIZED! Some weren't so delighted and told him off for his racism, telling him it wasn't very attractive and he blew them off.

I know him a little. He was always very self-impressed, but now he's turned into a real monster. I was going to ask him to remind his mostly white audiences how much he hates them and their whiteness before taking their money, but he's kind of crazy now. Getting into pissing contests with drag queens is a poor use of my time.

by Anonymousreply 162September 25, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote]the boring try hards they have casted...

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 163September 25, 2018 6:35 AM

I'm guessing most of this is coming from that fat failed drag queen who thought he was going to make millions on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 164September 25, 2018 8:48 AM

R162 that bitch is so unfunny . this show has really gone downhill since the alaska/jinxx season.

by Anonymousreply 165September 25, 2018 8:54 AM

The Vixen is gorgeous at DragCon and everywhere else lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 29, 2018 8:21 PM

She's ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 29, 2018 8:22 PM

How does what he said to Pearl make him a creep?

Nice try FUCKIN' TROLL

When Pearl gets off his lazy, tardy, and unprofessional ass and makes an empire like Ru, he will have my respect.

Until then, he's the creep.

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2018 12:52 AM

Shangela was having a full on Diana Ross moment at the UK premiere of A Star is Born.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2018 9:48 PM

More RuPaul dirt please

by Anonymousreply 170November 11, 2018 11:06 PM

RuPaul is a new agey, Oprah-lovin’ devotee of Eckhart Tolle. They both sound a bit cultish and certainly are fanatical, but it also seems to work for them in terms of material gain and public adoration.

by Anonymousreply 171November 12, 2018 10:30 AM

Was Johnny Carson all sweetness and light?

by Anonymousreply 172November 12, 2018 12:09 PM

God Vixen is so hard looking. Not just the harsh facial features and bony body...she has absolutely no softness in her photographs. She's about as feminine as a bear trap.

by Anonymousreply 173November 12, 2018 3:19 PM

I watched my dvd of Wigstock over the weekend and it, like the drag stars in it, has not aged well. they all come off as shallow money-hungry wannabes with very little talent. I found the East Village scene scary and pretentious; I also participated in it and was fascinated by it. HK has none of the energy and creativeness it had. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 174November 13, 2018 9:14 PM

It's work honey, and you gotta keep to the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 175November 13, 2018 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!