Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Demi Moore's career go straight down the shitter?

It wasn't from a lack of once getting paid more than any other actress in Hollywood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 15, 2020 6:03 PM

Striptease maimed her career. GI Jane killed it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2018 4:31 AM

Being a horny cougar and pawing after Ashton Kutcher was not a cute look for her.

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2018 4:33 AM

And it wasn’t for lack of self-promotion either...

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2018 4:36 AM

She can't act.

She was a starlet, not an actress.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2018 4:37 AM

This punk could have ruined even a bag of oreos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2018 4:38 AM

Drugs. Hooker too.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2018 4:39 AM

Ashton Kutcher is the kiss of death for former girlfriends...

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2018 4:41 AM

She has no talent or charm but she got to fuck Ashton in her $45 Million Dollar penthouse at The San Remo. She should be grateful even though she's severely Dickmatized. If her cunt could speak, it would be whining "Where is Ashton's big cock? Why isn't it in meeeee?!"

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2018 4:41 AM

These are the gayest threads on DL. LOVE THEM. Keep 'em coming, sisters!

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2018 4:43 AM

She can't satisfy her man the way I can.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2018 4:43 AM

R10 BINGO! 😉

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2018 4:44 AM

R8 Ashton famously has micro meat.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2018 4:44 AM

Ashton Kutcher's trail of death:

A dead ex-GF at the hands of a serial killer.

A former Hollywood A-list actress with a dead career.

Mila, you in danger,girl.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2018 4:45 AM

Mila's career s already dead.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2018 4:47 AM

Mila who?

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2018 4:50 AM

She set herself up to fail with that desperate Mrs Kutcher shit on Twitter. Ashton was halfway out the door while she was tweeting alone in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2018 4:55 AM

The chick in that movie called the Spy Who Dumped Me.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2018 4:56 AM

Umm excuse me. Can we please get back to discussing why my career went straight down the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2018 4:56 AM

Plastic Surgery

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2018 4:57 AM

Age,hollywood,etc.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2018 4:58 AM

Aaron Carter stole Bruce away from her. That killed her career.

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2018 5:01 AM

WHAT career. She was in maybe 3 films considered hits.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2018 5:03 AM

Her ugly daughters didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2018 5:06 AM

OP, Did you have to pick such a horrid photo of her?

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2018 5:09 AM

Jules suicide attempt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2018 5:12 AM

Because it would not be pointlessly bitchy to choose a hot one. Remember your DL etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2018 5:12 AM

She got old...why do you think?

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2018 5:13 AM

Well said r26

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2018 5:13 AM

Here is a much more dignified and alluring photo of Demi Moore for you, R24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2018 5:15 AM

You can take the girl outta the trailer park, But ....

(Didn’t her estranged alcoholic Mother get charged with arson at said trailer park.)

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2018 5:23 AM

Demi looking like a man here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2018 5:23 AM

Hooking up with Ashton drew too much attention to her age. She thought it would make her look young and desirable but it had the reverse affect

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2018 5:25 AM

It was discovered that she couldn't act and was no longer married to Willis. She's acceptable in A Few Good Men and Ghost because her leading men were feminine. Oh, and she was a ginormous asshole. Almost as stupid as Mel Griffith. She demanded private planes for takeout deliveries, nannies for her nannies, assistants to watch her assistants and the best hair, makeup and wardrobe in the world. Then she forgot to be on time or give a performance.

Her voice was attractive for one half of a movie before it started to grate and she had one pretty eye that the other one didn't know about.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Ok so what is this about aaron carter?

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2018 5:31 AM

I think that a segment of teen/college boys did find her very hot and desirable during the Ashton phase (she was the textbook "cougar" after all), but those of us in our 30's, 40's, etc. found it a bit pathetic. She is a gorgeous woman and pretty much always has been - but it looked ridiculous. Anna Nicole in reverse. Of course that did not kill her career - she is worth a fortune, but her career was over decades ago - long before Ashton entered the picture. As far acting, she was never anything to speak of - sexy voice for sure, but a genius actor NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2018 5:32 AM

“she had one pretty eye that the other one didn't know about.”

I love you r33.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2018 5:32 AM

R34 - it is rumored that Bruce Willis was fucking Aaron doggie from one side of the mansion to the other for years..

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2018 5:34 AM

Because nobody can pronounce my first name to my satisfaction!

by Anonymousreply 38August 16, 2018 5:35 AM

She should have never been a big thing. Her looks are boring, her acting is boring-er.

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2018 5:36 AM

r25 Jules, y'know, honey... this isn't real. You know what it is? It's St. Elmo's Fire. Electric flashes of light that appear in dark skies out of nowhere. Sailors would guide entire journeys by it, but the joke was on them... there was no fire. There wasn't even a St. Elmo. They made it up. They made it up because they thought they needed it to keep them going when times got tough, just like you're making up all of this. We're all going through this. It's our time at the edge.

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2018 5:42 AM

'Cause that's the way I roll, Bub. Straight down the shitter. I like the shitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2018 5:46 AM

Leslie, this is the 80's. I'll bop him for a few years, get his job when he gets his hands caught in the vault, become a legend, do a black mink ad, get caught in a sex scandal and retire in massive disgrace, write a huge best seller and become the fabulous host of my own talk show.

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2018 5:48 AM

What a minute, Spy Who Dumped Me flopped and is a failure?

Can someone confirm. I thought Mila was going to do well with this after the success of the bad moms movies.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2018 5:48 AM

It was one of the reasons my husband left

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2018 5:49 AM

R41 You messed up our quoting flow for that?! You forced me to Google “Demi Moore tooth,” and I am sorry I did.

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2018 5:51 AM

Rumor is that Bruce Willis was fucking A. Carter left and right while married with Demi, R34.

But you didn't hear that from me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2018 5:52 AM

In all seriousness, she had two back to back bombs with Striptease in 1996 and GI Jane in 1997 which were starring vehicles for Demi. After that she took time away from Hollywood to let people forget or just stopped getting offers cause she moved up to Hailey, Idaho (that town that she and Bruce Willis bought) and raised her kids away from the Hollywood spotlight when they were younger. She didn't do another film for six years and tried her "comeback" with the Charlie's Angel's sequel in 2003. She still looked hot and years younger than her actual age, but she was still over the hill for Hollywood by that point.

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2018 5:54 AM

Why did her career go straight to the shitter?

Nobody named Demi turns out well.

by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2018 5:55 AM

Best take-down evah r33.

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2018 5:58 AM

R33, please post many times on this site, and use a [italic]nom de post[/italic] so we know it's you.

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2018 5:59 AM

R45, it was an apostrophe, not a quote. Or at least the closest thing to an apostrophe that I can type on my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2018 6:01 AM

Has Demi’s enormous pelt of pubes gone entirely gray by now?

by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2018 6:04 AM

When did 'the shitter' make its way back into popular usage?

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2018 6:06 AM

She used to be demmy then started going by dem-ee accent on the end . Hoe pretentious ...drugs did her in

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2018 6:07 AM

I believe the correct hep cat lingo is shitta

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2018 6:10 AM

R51 No, I was just kidding you haha. The post before you made a St. Elmo’s Fire quote, and I followed up with another, but I took too long,and you posted in between us. So I was teasinf you about that and about me having to Google the behind-the-story of the picture you posted. I had no idea there were any photos with Demi and missing teeth. She’s mess.

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2018 6:13 AM

R26 nice response, I’ll accept that.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2018 6:26 AM

She made her money enough to live on for the rest of her life. Who the hell wants to keep on working?

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2018 6:30 AM

R58 truth, I wish that was my life.

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2018 6:33 AM

Mila's "lost her pretty" as they say in the south when a woman doesn't look a beautiful as she did before having kids.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2018 6:42 AM

R52

That was not Demi's real pubic hair in that nude pictorial. She was wearing a merkin to cover her pubes. Unfortunately, the stylist grabbed Marv Albert's toupee at the wigmaker's studio by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2018 6:47 AM

Mila was a beautiful little girl in "Gia" and bacame a bankable tv star in That '70s Show. She hit her pinnacle with Black Swan. She might not be over but she is far from being in demand. Her best bet would be another tv show lead that against all terrible odds lands her in the spotlight once more. Demi had a far greater career than Mila will likely ever see.

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2018 6:48 AM

Mila is doomed. Death is in her aura.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2018 6:49 AM

There were a lot of people who weren't sorry to see "Gimme More" sink

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2018 7:01 AM

Demi's taste in men reflects her taste in scripts.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2018 7:09 AM

Young and dumb, R65?

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2018 7:10 AM

She just did a roast with Bruce Willis. A surprise guest, yeah, sure whatever. The thing is, I didn't recognizer her. Not because of her looks, still has the same long hair trying to look 20, it was her personalty. Very different from when she was young. It was very bitter ex-wife, see me now, kind of attitude. There was nothing charming, appealing, or humble about her. A typical bitter, bitchy expired self promoting movie star. The one quality she portrayed on screen of being down to earth, humble, self deprecating was long gone. You cant fake that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2018 7:14 AM

She took a break, and when she came back (in Charlie’s Angels) she was over 40, so it was too late. On top of that, she took another break after Charlie’s Angels.

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2018 7:20 AM

She got too much press for being overpaid. And stopped playing relatable female characters. And stopped looking relatable with her turbo tits and muscle build. I actually thought she was hot and fun in the Charlie’s Angels sequel but those movies are weirdly derided and underrated. (They’re candy colored pop culture art if you watch with the right frame of mind).

by Anonymousreply 69August 16, 2018 7:22 AM

R69 is totally on the money. Straight guys did not want to watch the hardcore ball-buster Demi and the women only related to her in the movie Ghost. It's a if she couldn't give you a break from the "I'm Wonder Woman, hear me roar" bit and it cost her fans. Disclosure was really the beginning of the end for Demi. Sharon Stone could have pulled off that role, but audiences just did not buy Demi as a scheming, man-hating mega-bitch. They loved her as the soft, beautiful, feminine underdog (addict, sexual arrangement, etc.) - and she stopped playing that ever again.

by Anonymousreply 70August 16, 2018 7:37 AM

I told the gurl she was in danger.

by Anonymousreply 71August 16, 2018 7:42 AM

Her fake tits and that Striptease movie did her in. I remember her coming on Letterman in a bikini promoting that movie, she seemed so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 72August 16, 2018 7:45 AM

I don't think Striptease was a flop. It was a moderate hit in cinemas but it made huge amounts of money when it came to video. And I was 6 when it was released but even I remember all the hoopla surrounding it. Even my mom and her teacher friends went to see it one night, to see Demi's new boobs.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2018 7:57 AM

No offense but your mom paid to see that movie in the theater r73?

by Anonymousreply 74August 16, 2018 7:59 AM

Wasn’t just striptease and GI Jane - seem to remember she was in a version of The Scarlet Letter - that was epic in both its awfulness - and the first big public outing of how much of a diva she was and how bad her behaviour was - we’re talking Madonna levels of difficult here!

I avoided seeing it cos it looked so bad. But did see GI Jane - which wasn’t totally dreadful! - lots mancandy too! - but I think she was charging obscene, Liz Taylor-sequel amounts to be in these films that just didn’t perform well enough at the box office to justify it. Plus - her behaviour....

I saw her in that later film around her comeback time about the middle-aged diamond thief - the one with Michael Caine - and it wasn’t too badly done - but didn’t much like her in it. Skin pulled too tight, personality likewise. She just wasn’t likeable in what should have been a sympathetic role. Suspect several other actresses of similar age could have given it much more appeal. Disappointing to those who remember the appealing Demi of those early years....

She’s also really a good example of that maxim of how once a woman hits her forties she has to make a choice between face or ass. She chose ass - and her face just got harder and more hatchet-like and masculine. She really turned into her trailer park mother looks-wise as she got older.

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2018 8:19 AM

She was good as the stone cold bitch in that movie Disclosure with Michael Douglas, probably was playing more to her type

by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2018 8:37 AM

Carl Hiaasen's Strip Tease was a good book with a completely different tone than the awful movie. The movie was all about Demi's angry march down the stage and ripping open her clothes so you saw the new big implants.

It reminded me a bit of how the original screenplay for Pretty Woman was a dark tale. Gary Marshall turned into syrup w/ the insufferable Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2018 8:47 AM

One the one hand she is not a good actress - but on the other she has a pretty eye.

LOL still laughing R33

by Anonymousreply 78August 16, 2018 2:15 PM

She aged, she took a break. Hollywood has a very short memory. Some of those bad movies from the 1990s didn't help either.

Nevertheless she has developed into a very capable character actress and has done some excellent work in recent years in ensemble pieces and supporting roles in films such as Mr. Brooks, Another Happy Day & Happy Tears were should more than holds her own opposite Parker Posey.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2018 2:34 PM

She was great in Disclosure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2018 3:29 PM

OP's photo answers his own question.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2018 3:31 PM

R13 don’t forget Brittany Murphy

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2018 4:09 PM

[Quote] don’t forget Brittany Murphy

It's creepy how she died and so did her husband not long after.

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2018 4:13 PM

R29 Dying over here at that picture! It looks like she’s trying to seduce Lenny, who can barely contain his laughter

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2018 4:14 PM

Shw could have made a good Joan Crawford in Feud, good hair/make up she certainly would have looked more convincing than Lange. Acting wise, I think she could have pulled it off.(just about)

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]A typical bitter, bitchy expired self promoting movie star.

We have a part for her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2018 5:53 PM

She will never be America's Sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2018 4:56 AM

She really did have a great run at things though - didn't she? She certainly didn't have a career that anyone would sneeze at.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2018 5:04 AM

[quote]Shw could have made a good Joan Crawford in Feud, good hair/make up she certainly would have looked more convincing than Lange. Acting wise, I think she could have pulled it off.(just about)

Lange was awful. Really bad. Especially next to Sarandon's Davis.Anyone would've been better. A better Joan Crawford was sitting right in front of them: Judy Davis. There's even a resemblance between her and latter day Joan. Lange must know where Ryan Murphy hidden a dead body. Plenty of actresses would've done it better, even Moore. She would've looked more convincing too (unlike Lange who looked like Caitlyn) with that hard face. But while she *might've* worked I don't think she'd be anyone's first choice. She just isn't that good of an actress.

Which probably explains why her career is the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2018 2:13 PM

[quote]She really did have a great run at things though - didn't she? She certainly didn't have a career that anyone would sneeze at.

She was lucky. Once you get to her age though, you can't coast on luck as much. Meryl Streep is still successful (moreso than ever actually) because she doesn't need luck; she has an insistent talent, an ability to play anything that makes getting work is much easier. Not Moore though. But the sad thing is that she's seems to really want to be young. Streep, even if she was a high school English teacher, strikes me as someone really seems as capable as anyone to deal with the hardship of getting older. It's not easy.

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2018 2:23 PM

Has she much work done? She looks to have more the '00s Botox look than the '10s filler look. Guess she's still stuck in the past there too. But mostly she just looks as though she has low body fat for a woman her age. She doesn't look scary or unrecognizable like Dunaway or Lang or Griffiths.

by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2018 2:30 PM

A special guest star role in a CHARLIE'S ANGELS sequel doesn't sound like a great comeback vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2018 2:31 PM

Sharon Stone, Judy Davis, Glenn Close, or even someone wild like Stephanie Beacham would've been better as Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2018 2:34 PM

Despite her pretensions and the reams of PR bullshit written about her back in the day, she was nothing more than trailer trash that got lucky. She parlayed her looks and voice and zeal for self-promotion into stardom -- for a few years. But there was nothing there to back it up. No intelligence or sensitivity or class. Or warmth or heart, for that matter. I would say it's lucky for those girls that none of them are competition for her looks-wise.

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2018 2:36 PM

I don't think she was that good lucking. She had a dignified handsomeness when she was bald, I suppose. But never stunning like Basinger or Sharon Stone or Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2018 2:42 PM

Remember when she was posting on Twitter and wearing those huge hipster glasses.

She reeks of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2018 2:43 PM

She never managed an Oscar nom even in the '90s desert that was Best Actress: Wins for Jessica Lange, Helen Hunt, GOOP.com?!

She's no less talented than anything of those bitches.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2018 2:48 PM

Remember when she saved a girl from killing herself? I guess it's a good thing she's spending so much time on twitter after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2018 2:49 PM

Okay. I'm gonna do it!

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2018 2:50 PM

Her sister Julianne stole all her roles.

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2018 2:51 PM

[Quote] A special guest star role in a CHARLIE'S ANGELS sequel doesn't sound like a great comeback vehicle.

Despite all the pr she got from that role. I didn't think she looked that great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2018 2:53 PM

Because she’s a very mediocre actress and bland personality.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2018 3:00 PM

She looked great Charlie’s Angels. Very hot.

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2018 3:02 PM

She's forty in that bikini photo.

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2018 3:46 PM

She’s no Meryl Streep, is she? Most of her better films were ensemble pieces. She wasn’t that good...certainly not good enough to carry a film. She rode the wave long enough with her limited acting ability...I’ll give her props for that.

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2018 4:25 PM

Meg Ryan's cutesiness obviously had its expiration date, but Moore can't use that excuse.

She took a break after GI JANE and never got back.

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2018 4:36 PM

We're talking about why it went down the shitter; but we haven't mentioned if it deserved to go down the shitter.

I mean did anyone like her? Is there anyone who misses her?

by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2018 4:38 PM

Cant act like a real actress ala meryl streep or viola davis for the legit roles, and got too old for the casting couch to get the megan fox type roles.

by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2018 5:05 PM

I don’t miss her too much. Her performances lack staying power.

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2018 5:23 PM

Didn't she in the mid-nineties demand everyone pronounce her name 'Duh-mee' rather than 'Dem-ee'?

by Anonymousreply 110August 17, 2018 5:27 PM

People tire of that sort of thing quickly.

by Anonymousreply 111August 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Demi Moore is one of those unbelievably bad actresses who is still a joy to watch on the big screen. Melanie Griffith is another one of those. They both have zero acting talent but they definitely had the "it" factor.

by Anonymousreply 112August 17, 2018 5:37 PM

She could never act. She got old, the kiss of death in Hollywood. Pawing all over that dopey Kutcher didn't help. Hanging out with that potato headed daughter of hers, trying to act young and hip.

by Anonymousreply 113August 17, 2018 5:46 PM

She took time off to raise her kids, and unlike Michelle Pfeiffer, didn't have the ability to get back in. Sorry girl.

And the fact that all 3 of her girls have admitted to being addicts of some kind...maybe you should've focused on the career.

by Anonymousreply 114August 17, 2018 5:59 PM

I think her main problem like many actresses (and actors) is taking herself too seriously. If she'd gone the comedy route and played the aging once hot superbitch for laughs people would lap it up and love her again.

by Anonymousreply 115August 17, 2018 6:04 PM

She kinda did that here [R115]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 17, 2018 6:11 PM

She was fun in the Beavis and Butthead movie. I preferred the cartoon version of her.

I remember watching Letterman once with the sound down and a stripper comes out and I said out loud, "Couldn't they find a prettier stripper in NYC?" And then was horrified to see it was Demi.

But she does have one great moment in the "Striptease" trailer that I'll always love -- the angry look as she pulls off her shirt to ZZ Topp's "LaGrange". It's not as good in the movie though.

by Anonymousreply 117August 17, 2018 6:20 PM

Is this thread part of an ongoing theme? Who's next? Winona Ryder? Alicia Silverstone?

by Anonymousreply 118August 17, 2018 6:40 PM

Isn't there some 911 call where she is high off of something and calling about someone else being high too?

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2018 9:09 AM

She still looks better than her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2018 10:01 AM

It's all downhill after Viggo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2018 11:49 AM

GI Jane

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2018 12:55 PM

So, we've all decided that red-string kaballa shit didn't happen? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2018 1:11 PM

[Quote] So, we've all decided that red-string kaballa shit didn't happen?

Is that still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2018 3:02 PM

At least Duh-mee never started talking like Bay City was in Buckinghamshire.

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2018 3:04 PM

[quote]So, we've all decided that red-string kaballa shit didn't happen? Seriously?

Oh, yeah. I forget all about that. Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2018 3:05 PM

She can always go back to General Hospital!

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2018 3:27 PM

I liked Striptease but I was also an 11 year old gayling who loved Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 128August 20, 2018 6:03 AM

" Acting wise, I think she could have pulled it off.(just about)"

You have a tremendous amount of optimism.

Massive amounts.

Infinite amounts, even.

by Anonymousreply 129August 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Far from ideal, yes, but better than Lange, R129.

by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2018 8:37 AM

Moore in "Flawless" 2007. She sorta has the look of Joan here, With proper hair/makeup...as for acting, why not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 24, 2018 11:26 AM

Pedo Demi Moore caught sexually assaulting a boy in throwback video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 24, 2018 11:38 AM

I think she could have been a good actress though. She definitely had good performances, with About Last Night and Mortal Thoughts. But she decided to go the Star/Sex bomb route which didn't really work out.

by Anonymousreply 133August 24, 2018 11:43 AM

scarey old bitch nobody wants to work round...

by Anonymousreply 134August 24, 2018 11:53 AM

R75

Yes, but the controversy of Scarlet Letter (1995) was far worse than simply being a bad movie (which it is), the ending of the movie differs from the book and when asked about it, she famously replied (basically) "its not like people have read the book"

In 96, she and Bruce Willis essentially treated the Atlanta Olympics like a VIP party - which was very unsettling to a lot of people. This was followed by back to back failures (GI Jane & Striptease). Add to this - the emergence of Sandra Bullock as a major star, and Julia Roberts returning to type (Best Friend's Wedding) and that was pretty much it for her career.

by Anonymousreply 135August 24, 2018 12:27 PM

Kyle Richards stole her look and did it better.

by Anonymousreply 136August 24, 2018 12:58 PM

She was gorgeous in Ghost. I remember seeing that movie the weekend it came out and it turned out to be a huge sleeper hit. I thought the movie was kind of ridiculous but I remember being hypnotized by her beauty in that flick. Half the female population in their 20s got the Demi Moore Ghost cut once the movie came out.

by Anonymousreply 137August 24, 2018 1:10 PM

1. Never a great actress. 2. Sex kitten appeal - short shelf-life. 3. Got married and had kids. 4. Rumored to be difficult. 5. After Ghost, her price tag went sky-high, and then... 6. She had three flops back to back. 7. After flops, moved to Idaho and didn't work for years. 8. Hit 40. 9. Divorced. 10. "Came back" in a small role in a mediocre movie.

Any one of these might have killed a movie career. She had all ten.

by Anonymousreply 138August 24, 2018 1:42 PM

R138, excellent. But for her personally - it’s not her aging out of Hollywood that made her turn to more booze, drugs, and young men. It was the realization that none of her daughters inherited ANY good qualities from either her or Bruce - talent or looks. In fact, they got the worst. Enough to make any mom depressed and run off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 139August 24, 2018 2:11 PM

[138] Agreed. I know it sounds awful but those girls were well and truely hit with the ugly stick and no amount of plastic surgery can change that.

by Anonymousreply 140August 24, 2018 2:14 PM

I can’t read all this shit. But OP, I can tell you why in two words.

Thin.

Lips.

by Anonymousreply 141August 24, 2018 2:19 PM

Rumored to have serious mental issues, some of which started during her marriage to Willis. Speculated to have put her career "on hold" for awhile because she was in an in-patient facility, not because she couldn't get roles or wanted a break. Remember her doll house collection housed in a mansion in Idaho (I believe)? Nothing in the mansion but the collection. Also said to have had plastic surgery amounting to around $100k, including a full-body surgery where everything was pulled up and tightened. Her manic desperation to hold onto her youth is painfully obvious and off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 142August 24, 2018 2:44 PM

I liked her in Flawless. R140 yes, unfortunately the girls got everything that is ugly in both Demi and Bruce. Such bad luck!! And all 3?? Jesus. Demi made an utter fool of herself in Hollywood after the Ashton breakup. Caught in the act in that embarrassing Lenny Kravitz pic. And rumors of her trying to seduce Zac Efron, going to all the young Hollywood parties and doing synthetic drugs to the point where she lost her mind and had to go to rehab. Synthetic drugs are THE DEVIL and she is lucky to have kept (ish) her sanity.

by Anonymousreply 143August 24, 2018 2:53 PM

[quote]It was the realization that none of her daughters inherited ANY good qualities from either her or Bruce - talent or looks. In fact, they got the worst. Enough to make any mom depressed and run off the rails.

I'd have thought that would've been easier for her, than coming to terms with the fact that one day her daughter(s) will be more desirable to men than she is like most women have to go through.

by Anonymousreply 144August 24, 2018 3:24 PM

R144 That is a good point, although no one really wants ugly children.

by Anonymousreply 145August 24, 2018 3:29 PM

Rumor has a good voice...I am trying to be nice. But she does.

by Anonymousreply 146August 24, 2018 3:33 PM

No fifty year old sexpot movie star wants people eyeing her fifteen year old daughter instead of her.

I think most people want a wholesome, intimidating prettiness.

The Moore-Willis girls aren't just plain, they're ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 147August 24, 2018 3:37 PM

R142 I would think all that would cost well over 100k, actually.

by Anonymousreply 148August 24, 2018 3:40 PM

Demi is closer to 60 than50, and while it's true that some women especially the type Demi is, are threatened by their young daughter's beauty as they come of age, nobody, and I mean NOBODY is proud to have ugly kids.

by Anonymousreply 149August 24, 2018 3:41 PM

Her nickname in some Hollywood circles was “Gimme Moore” because she asked for too many freebies in her rider or whatever they call it. And don’t forget the abortive remake of THE SCARLET LETTER with that horrible tacked on ending.

by Anonymousreply 150August 24, 2018 3:55 PM

Hard to believe the salary she was commanding in the mid-nineties. Gimme Moore is right.

by Anonymousreply 151August 24, 2018 3:56 PM

A good friend of mine had a son with her 1st husband who turned out very good looking and a daughter with her 2nd husband that looks like a russian peasant. Squat,fat and woefully ugly. My friend is actually attractive,and though I know she tries to hide it,she obviously prefers her son. R149 is correct!

by Anonymousreply 152August 24, 2018 3:57 PM

She always was, and always will be, pure white trash. Can’t she just die in a fiery car crash?

by Anonymousreply 153August 24, 2018 4:30 PM

Was she really truly a trailer park hooker working with her mom?

by Anonymousreply 154August 24, 2018 4:38 PM

R154 Yeah, I want to know too. I remember hearing way back in her General Hospital days that she came up by way of the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 155August 24, 2018 4:48 PM

Those huge chins on the daughters. Law, law. That'll break any H'wood mother's career.

by Anonymousreply 156August 25, 2018 5:02 AM

It must kill her that Bruce's daughters with his new wife are (so far) adorable

by Anonymousreply 157August 25, 2018 11:45 AM

She's not a nice person, nor intelligent. No one wants to work with her. Even with her limited abilities, if she had been decent on set, she would still have some semblance of a career, but no. Karma.

Plus, everyone knows she's entirely plastic so they don't buy her as is and wouldn't even know how to cast her.

by Anonymousreply 158August 27, 2018 2:26 PM

What was that movie she did with Robert Redford? She was a married woman and he was a rich guy who paid her a huge amount for a night of sex.

by Anonymousreply 159August 27, 2018 7:14 PM

Exquisite Proposal?

by Anonymousreply 160August 27, 2018 9:35 PM

Indecent Proposal. Is it worth hate watching, I've never seen it?

by Anonymousreply 161August 28, 2018 5:01 AM

R161 no it’s actually incredibly boring. Not even a guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 162August 28, 2018 5:21 AM

Actors who are unreasonable and named Gimmie More, are forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 163August 28, 2018 5:41 AM

She was very popular and she could act. Her attitude turned Studio heads off.

by Anonymousreply 164August 28, 2018 5:45 AM

R8 "Where is Ashton's big cock? Why isn't it in meeeee?!"

It would be more like "Where's Ashton micropenis? Why isn't it all the way to the lips of my vulva?" (Hint: Ashton is notoriously tiny)

by Anonymousreply 165August 28, 2018 5:55 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 166September 27, 2018 5:45 PM

F&F r166

by Anonymousreply 167September 27, 2018 5:48 PM

Actually - if we’re gonna look at another possible reason her career tanked - how could we forget about the Vanity Fair curse??

Legend had it for a while there that everytime VF would do a cover tie-in to some star with a movie to shill on the cover - the movie would flop. They had that happen a lot - to the point of being a thing that got talked about - though mostly in jest.

And Demi was their all-time fave cover star. She had - what - four or five covers during that period? And her films all began tanking...

Spooky!

by Anonymousreply 168September 29, 2018 4:12 AM

Her body was amazing in Charlie's Angels, but her face was beginning to look less than youthful. Too lean there, made her look old. And harder than '50s Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 169September 29, 2018 7:46 AM

who is she?

by Anonymousreply 170September 29, 2018 1:26 PM

Demi was great in Mr. Brooks. She plays a cop and in the best scene she is kidnapped and placed in a van and fights her way out. Her long black hair looked particularly fabulous and gave a memorable performance.

by Anonymousreply 171September 29, 2018 2:26 PM

Her comedies sucked too...remember NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, R117?

by Anonymousreply 172September 29, 2018 3:16 PM

She has a great body for her age.

by Anonymousreply 173September 29, 2018 4:35 PM

[Quote] Demi was great in Mr. Brooks. She plays a cop and in the best scene she is kidnapped and placed in a van and fights her way out. Her long black hair looked particularly fabulous and gave a memorable performance.

Some of her scenes in that movie were unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 174September 29, 2018 5:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 9, 2018 3:03 PM

It was the drugs, eating disorders, and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 176November 9, 2018 3:07 PM

Because if she can't just be a Full Moore, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 177November 9, 2018 3:16 PM

Remember when she stuck her feet into a webcam just to get some attention from fetishists? That was a red flag that she was desperate for attention -- what A list actress does THAT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 9, 2018 3:30 PM

She was obnoxias to people and in Hollywood, it catches up to you.

by Anonymousreply 179November 9, 2018 3:38 PM

No. Ashton does both have micro meat...he is a gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 180November 9, 2018 3:41 PM

I liked her in a movie called The Joneses with David Duchovny (2009). I'm pretty sure it went straight to video though. Did Bruce Willis ever give any kind of explanation for buying Aaron Carter a million dollars worth of gifts? I know it became public during Aaron's lawsuit with his mother, so Bruce HAD to have been asked about it. Anyone have the skinny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 9, 2018 3:44 PM

She has no shape to her body whatsoever...like Gisele Bundchen.

by Anonymousreply 182November 9, 2018 4:29 PM

I agree with the posters above about "Disclosure". Its the only interesting performance she's ever turned in. "Ghost" was Swayze's movie all the way. And "Indecent Proposal" was a 2-hr. bore. Even a on-the-way-to-wizened Robert Redford could have found a better way to spend a mil.

She's also the weakest part of "St. Elmo".

She should be extremely thankful she had the career she did

by Anonymousreply 183November 9, 2018 5:16 PM

She was replaced by Julia Roberts.

How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 184November 9, 2018 5:17 PM

I love her. GI Jane rules.

by Anonymousreply 185November 9, 2018 5:44 PM

[Quote] Remember when she stuck her feet into a webcam just to get some attention from fetishists?

No, i don't. I'm glad to have missed that one.

[Quote] She was replaced by Julia Roberts.

Would they have been competing for the same kind of roles?

by Anonymousreply 186November 10, 2018 12:40 PM

I remember in the Nineties reading lots of articles in Movieline and Premiere Magazine about how greedy and demanding and egomaniacal she was.

by Anonymousreply 187November 10, 2018 1:54 PM

I think she jumped before she was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 188November 10, 2018 1:57 PM

The British movie with ghosts was great

by Anonymousreply 189November 10, 2018 1:59 PM

She's in a lesbian relationship now with a NYC-based stylist, originally from Serbia, and helping her raise her baby. Apparently, they were seen all over Belgrade last summer, being very intimate with each other, with the said baby in tow.

by Anonymousreply 190November 10, 2018 2:05 PM

What R190 said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 10, 2018 2:06 PM

Wow! Her street cred just went up a little

by Anonymousreply 192November 10, 2018 6:52 PM

G.I. Jane was actually a great film and Demi turned in a great performance but it got lost in all of the Striptease hype. Perhaps if Demi hadn’t become the highest paid actress in Hollywood at the time with Striptease, $12.5M she might have stood a better chance. Like some have said above I don’t think she was nicest person or had the best reputation. As the old saying goes be nice on the way up because you never know who you might run into on the way down. Someone like Sandra Bullock has a great reputation, actors and crews love her. Good will takes you a long way in a biz of pit vipers. The good ones will always have the other good ones looking out for them. Someone like Sandra who has had commercial success can afford a few bombs and people will forgive her because people LIKE her and she’s EASY to work with.

by Anonymousreply 193November 10, 2018 7:58 PM

R191 Demi looks very pretty and happy here. Good for her! She also deserves the chance to raise an attractive child poor thing already has 3 Strikes against her.

by Anonymousreply 194November 10, 2018 8:01 PM

[Quote] Perhaps if Demi hadn’t become the highest paid actress in Hollywood at the time

I'm never going to forget this lol

by Anonymousreply 195November 11, 2018 2:54 PM

I think she priced herself out. This happens a lot. An actor becomes a hot property and they command big paychecks. These big budget movies don't all make a ton of money. No one wants to pay those big fees for someone who doesn't put asses in seats. The actor could just start doing less prominent parts for less money, but that's a little embarrassing considering what they used to make. Sometimes the actor will spin it as an artistic choice. Sometimes they just retreat for a while and hope for a good comeback vehicle to put them back on top. I think actors are better off alternating between comercial films and interesting indies. That way if the big budget films dry up they can sell the indie only thing as a choice. It's also better for their craft and prevents type casting.

by Anonymousreply 196November 11, 2018 7:14 PM

With her now being a lesbian and Bruce's rumors about being gay and in love with Aaron Carter or whoever ... was Ashton and Demi a real marriage or publicist pairing and bearding?

I read Demi was a prostitute before she made it in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 197November 12, 2018 6:17 AM

She's a lesbian and banging Prince Andrew all in the same week? (According to some random gossip site I've never heard of)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198November 12, 2018 6:45 AM

[Quote] I think actors are better off alternating between comercial films and interesting indies.

That's what most of them seem to be doing these days.

by Anonymousreply 199November 12, 2018 2:25 PM

I still like her

by Anonymousreply 200November 12, 2018 2:42 PM

No way. Prince Andrew likes them either underage or hooker socialite daughters of Central Asian dictators.

by Anonymousreply 201November 12, 2018 4:07 PM

It wasn't from lack of invites to royal weddings of lesser importance either.

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2019 7:56 PM

I remember way back (in the Dark Ages) when G.I. Jane first came out and it was being touted in ads and on TV that this would be the death knell to her career. It just sounded so.....dreadfully uninteresting. Such a horribly bad career move. Demi all buffed up with her hair buzz cut? What, was she wanting to appeal to the "substantial lesbian audience" or something? I remember thinking she should have frikkin' fired her agent, her publicist and most people who were steering her career decisions.

by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2019 8:06 PM

That pic of her at R101 is awful. There's a point that women get to when they lose all curves and just look like boys. There is too toned IMO but then I'm partial to the curvier hour glass figures of past years.

by Anonymousreply 204November 15, 2020 1:47 PM

OP it was her Step-monster's doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 15, 2020 1:53 PM

she was great in the Peacock series "Brave New World"

by Anonymousreply 206November 15, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote] I remember in the Nineties reading lots of articles in Movieline and Premiere Magazine about how greedy and demanding and egomaniacal she was.

No, that's Salma Hayek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 15, 2020 1:59 PM

Demi has been doing some good work but it hasn't been getting much attention. For example The Joneses was very well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 15, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote]R33 she was a ginormous asshole. Almost as stupid as Mel Griffith. She demanded private planes for takeout deliveries, nannies for her nannies, assistants to watch her assistants and the best hair, makeup and wardrobe in the world. Then she forgot to be on time or give a performance.

I heard from people in the industry that she was insufferable. It all peaked with STRIPTEASE, and studios discovered she wasn’t necessarily a draw for audiences. There were other actresses who could do her job just as well if not better, and with less grief for all concerned, so producers turned to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 15, 2020 3:45 PM

If anyone ever wants to see a good performance from her, though, they should watch MORTAL THOUGHTS (1991)

She’s really secure in it, playing a Jersey hairdresser. It’s directed by Alan Rudolph who also did two other movies I like a lot, CHOOSE ME and AFTERGLOW. He’s good with actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 15, 2020 3:54 PM

Her ugly children. I blame everything on ugly children.

by Anonymousreply 211November 15, 2020 4:40 PM

She was great in The Joneses

by Anonymousreply 212November 15, 2020 5:14 PM

I remember she was just EVERYWHERE. Her and Bruce. Every magazine. Spy magazine every month. It was Demi, Bruce and Trump. It became insufferable. All you read about is her rich lifestyle. Her perfectness. Bitch,please. Then, after some time went by, and her pr quieted down a little, I watched some of her films. It was the out of control PR about Striptease, the military bent of the shaved head movie topped off with a completely unbelievable and unwatched Scarlet Letter.

by Anonymousreply 213November 15, 2020 6:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!