Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BernieBro and Farrakhan apologist Keith Ellison accused of harassment.

His ex GF and their son say he was physically and mentally abusive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2018 1:43 AM

Where us the proof? Did you see it, OP. The accusations without evidence are suspiciously timed. Fuck you OP.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2018 3:47 AM

^is, not us

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2018 3:49 AM

He’s always seemed abusive in public, so not surprising he acted out at home.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2018 3:59 AM

R3 can you link the tapes or recordings of him acting out at home? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2018 4:04 AM

R1/R3 seems triggered.

Ellison is running for attorney general in Minnesota. Smarmy disingenuous phony, I hope this ends his career in politics.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2018 4:16 AM

R5 remains a shit stain in all of his threads. He has provided zero evidence this occurred. He NEVER has evidence. Just words.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2018 4:20 AM

I believe the woman. She had contemporaneous conversations about it with friends.

It’s better to know these things about people before we put too much trust in them. Strong vetting of personal character is a must for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2018 4:25 AM

Let's see the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2018 4:27 AM

Keith Ellison has two abuse allegations against him. He’s toast!

Karen Monahan: Three friends of Monahan told CNN she confided the alleged incident of physical abuse in the months following it, after she had moved out from Ellison's apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2018 4:28 AM

[quote] CNN has asked to view the video, but Monahan said she could not produce it.

Where's the evidence??

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2018 4:31 AM

I expect Gillibrand will be demanding his resignation ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2018 4:32 AM

Ha R11! You still can't prove it or show any evidence. My work here is done.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2018 4:34 AM

Black. Muslim. He gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2018 4:35 AM

Amy Alexander's own very detailed record of Ellison’s harassment of her that you're not addressing. She says that in May 2005, Ellison entered her home uninvited and she called the police.

In 2006, Amy L. Alexander wrote that Keith Ellison:

—made advances not caring that he was married —was a “little dictator” —belittled her weight —ostracized her from the community —called her a “bitch” when he felt he couldn’t control her —caused her to seek a restraining order

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2018 4:35 AM

That's not evidence, R14. It's click bait, but not evidence. Please shut up until you have audio or visual proof.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2018 4:38 AM

The abused woman is a progressive activist Iranian immigrant. Since he's Muslim she's lucky Ellison didn't cut off her head. It may happen yet.

[quote] This is not the first time Ellison has come under fire for abuse. In 2006, another one of Ellison’s former girlfriends, Amy L. Alexander, wrote a piece in The Wright County Republican in which she claimed “he could explode in a tirade at any moment. He was a little dictator.”

[quote] “He grabbed me and pushed me out of the way. I was terrified. I called the police,” Alexander wrote. “Keith began a smear campaign against me that very day … I feared for my life and for the safety of my daughter.”

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2018 4:39 AM

How does one tell if there was real abuse or just a bitter Ex who's looking to fuck up the career of the one that left her. It's very suspicious that this tape can't be produced and these so-called abusive texts don't add up to what she said.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2018 4:41 AM

I was wondering if this thread was being pushed by the anti-Muslim freaks or the anti-Bernie freaks. R16 makes me think it's the anti-Muslim freaks.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2018 4:41 AM

R16 loves propaganda. That's all he uses for his threads. You should have finished high school, R16.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2018 4:42 AM

Wow, and you are the same people all believing Mia Farrow's claims of "abuse" with even less evidence. Ok, got it!

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2018 4:53 AM

r20 Who are you talking to? I have no opinion on that matter because I've never cared about Mia Farrow/Woody Allen drama.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2018 4:59 AM

R1 left half of the comments in this thread.

I hope the allegations end his career. Never liked him.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2018 8:04 AM

I have no love for mainstream Democrats, but I’m getting sick of this. Call the damn cops and file a complaint. Don’t come around months or years after a breakup to destroy someone’s life.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2018 8:07 AM

R1 reminds me of a situation I witnessed on a bus stop a few months ago. A Muslim couple were arguing and the guy aggressively made his GF or wife (I don't know) take back a statement she apparently made earlier on. He was in her face literally, pushy, aggressive, threatening.

I have no problem believing this story, esp since he's been accused of harassment before by another woman. He seems incredibly shady, had connections to the Muslim Brotherhood, made racist remarks in the past against Jews. He's got Islamist written all over him, just like cockroach Sarsour, always happy to push her agenda, Islam. A guy like Ellison should never be attorney general, never!

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Sad story.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2018 12:50 PM

OP links to that bastion of real news, The Blaze.

No thanks, shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2018 12:53 PM

It would not shock me if it is true but there are some red flags, largely the timing of the story. It is also weird the son just happened to stumble upon the video, and now for some reason it is no longer on the computer. Also, the way the scene was described -- who would have made the video tape? Her long statement also comes off as if she is reading it from a hypothetical in a psych text book.

Still he does seem like he could be controlling and is really out for himself (such as disrupting the AG race and his congressional district race last minute), and best case scenario, if he was not abusive he has some lack of judgment when it comes to relationships.

At this point it is too early to really give a good judgment of what happened.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2018 1:11 PM

I never liked him.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2018 1:13 PM

The Blaze?

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2018 1:14 PM

I believe the ex & her son.

BernieBros = misogynists.

Hillary’s policies were an extension of Obama’s.

Bernie voted against Russian sanctions. His campaign manager was a witness in the Manafort trial because he worked for the oligarchical dictator.

Bernie supporters helped Trump get in the WH.

Time to clean house on the left. Get rid of all the misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2018 1:19 PM

ThinkProgress and the NY Times have the story too. An unfriendly source is OK too. At least you know they aren't whitewashing the matter as some mingy. I always try to get the story from both viewpoints. Helps keep things honest.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2018 1:24 PM

Of course it’s true. To defend him just because he’s a Democrat is vile and no better than trump defenders

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2018 1:29 PM

R31: There are no "both viewpoints". There's legitimate press and garbage propaganda. Right wing outlets are garbage propaganda. Get with it.

R32: Of course you don't know and neither do any of us. Be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2018 1:30 PM

Bernie bros = misogynists.

They really fucked up EVERYTHING because they have such a hard on for being shit to women. That should not be excused or tolerated much less defended. Especially now after what they did.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2018 1:31 PM

Of course it's primary election day here in Minnesota and he is on the primary ballot as he is running for MN attorney general. THE TIMING ALONE IS INCREDIBLY SUSPICIOUS. So this is democracy? and yes I AM VOTING FOR HIM.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2018 1:43 PM

His religion allows him to beat them as punishment. We must tolerate it.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2018 1:46 PM

Then why not link to the NY Times, r31? I don't consider The Blaze in any a credible source.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2018 1:47 PM

R34: Shut up PUMA. Sanders ran against her in the primary, he had every right. We, his supporters, voted for her in the general. She lost in a fluke in 3 states. These are facts. She didn't loose because of him or his supporters who are not misogynist.

This has been another episode of sane people correcting lying PUMAs. Stay tuned for further episodes as needed.

R36: No it doesn't, and you can blow it out your ass, hate monger.

R37: Because OP is a stupid Nazi troll who reads that garbage and hates everything we stand for here. They're so fucking obvious.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2018 1:49 PM

R38 = go away.

Bernie is connected to Russia.

His supporters called HRC a corporate whore & Bernie said nothing.

Bernie got paid to write a rape fantasy in his 30s.

Sorry you can’t handle the truth, but unless you’re a Putin troll, you got played.

And you helped Trump get elected.

You are as unhinged & brainwashed as the zombie deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2018 2:32 PM

[quote]Because OP is a stupid Nazi troll

The only one who is a Nazi is Ellison, he defended Farrakhan, a known racist, a Hitler apologist and Trump fan.

You BernorBusters are nothing but hypocrites, fauxgressives, virtue signalling morons.

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2018 2:43 PM

UPDATE: This is a record of a 911 call from May 16, 2005. The caller reported she was assaulted by Keith Ellison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2018 2:43 PM

Another crypto-islamist bites the dust

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2018 3:13 PM

Is he a member of the NOI or is he a traditional Muslim? So many NOI men are freaks and women beaters.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2018 3:53 PM

Bernie Bros were out there throwing fake dollar bills and money on the street when Hillary went to LA for a fundraising event. I remember that. It was ugly, mysogynistic, and foul.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2018 4:04 PM

After more than 72 hours of silence, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) weighed in Tuesday evening on domestic allegations against deputy chairman and Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison.

“These allegations recently came to light and we are reviewing them. All allegations of domestic abuse are disturbing and should be taken seriously,” the DNC said in a statement to NPR.

The DNC’s statement didn’t go far enough, according to former DNC communications director Luis Miranda.

“The party has no choice but to suspend him at a minimum until they figure out what’s going on,” Miranda told NPR. “Frankly, it would be malpractice not to. We’ve made it clear we’re going to take these accusations seriously, at a minimum. We set too high a standard not to take this seriously.”

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote] An unfriendly source is OK too. At least you know they aren't whitewashing the matter as some mingy. I always try to get the story from both viewpoints. Helps keep things honest.

Mingy?

And fuck your fake fair and balanced bullshit. The Blaze passes off lies and propaganda and news. You're a complete moron if you think The Blaze "keeps things honest."

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2018 5:03 AM

Minnesota state Rep. Ilhan Omar will likely become one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress after winning a heated Democratic primary in Minnesota’s Fifth Congressional District on Tuesday.

Omar, a 36-year-old Somali refugee who immigrated to the United States as a teenager, beat a packed field of six candidates in the race to fill current Rep. Keith Ellison’s seat. Ellison decided to run for Minnesota attorney general rather than return to Congress; he faced allegations of domestic abuse in the last days of his campaign.

In 2012 she tweeted “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel", she also voted against the Anti-Israel Boycott Bill and against a bill that stiffens penalties for parents that make their daughters undergo FGM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2018 6:09 AM

[quote] Minnesota’s Fifth Congressional District on Tuesday.

Otherwise known as Little Mogadishu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2018 6:43 AM

Wow, the BernBro at R1 is desperate to derail this thread. Keith Ellison is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2018 7:05 AM

I live in the fifth district of Minnesota which is Minneapolis and 1st ring suburbs. Yes we USED TO BE 99% of the whitest whites imaginable. We are now 2/3 caucasian and have a large immigrant population from Somalia, Liberia, Mexico, Vietnam and Laos. We are a thriving and progressive metropolis with a booming economy. People get along with each other so you haters can fuck off. Keith Ellison has served us well in congress and I'm sure Ilhan Omar will do the same. This is how diversity works in practice.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2018 7:25 AM

Someone is very invested in Ellison on this thread.

Look, I know it’s distressing to learn something awful about someone you admire. I’ve seen my heroes fall too. It’s too bad, but it’s always better to know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2018 3:33 PM

R41: Follow up, dear. That case resulted in HIM getting the restraining order against the crazy woman.

Here's the thing, CNN asked the son for the tape or the text message files for independent verification. The kid said he doesn't have them anymore. So we don't know what's going on. Not to mention it's really weird that something like that would be recorded. Who recorded it?

AS it is, he won the primary with 48% of the vote and is the DFL nominee for state Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2018 4:06 PM

and because he is a Muslim he will be the target of smears and dark money flooding the thugs election coffers.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2018 7:45 PM

[quote]Keith Ellison has served us well in congress and I'm sure Ilhan Omar will do the same

So why the hell is she against the anti-FGM bill?!

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2018 8:14 PM

Because she is from Somalia where over 95% of girls get cut.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote] We are a thriving and progressive metropolis with a booming economy

Progressive for whom, r50? For the young somali girls whose only hope of avoiding having their clitorises ripped off without anaesthetic is to smuggle cutlery in their underwear en route to the airport? Or perhaps for the equally underage girls who dread the coming of summer vacations as they may be forced to married an illiterate middle aged man?

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2018 9:23 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that a hijab wearing woman calls herself 'progressive'.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2018 9:26 PM

The Clintons smell blood.

𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗥𝗼𝗯𝗯𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗗𝗲𝗺𝘀: 𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗞𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻

by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2018 12:48 AM

He has a very shady past, his associations with the NOI, his defense of Farrakhan, there were numerous rumors that he has links to the Muslim Brotherhood. He came across as very pushy, smarmy and I never believed for a second he was the person he pretended to be.

But because he was a BernieBro, the fauxgressives never questioned his motives.

Hopefully this will be the end of Keith Ellison.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2018 12:59 AM

Suck it R59.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2018 1:15 AM

[quote]The Blaze is an American conservative news and entertainment network available on television, radio, and the Internet that was founded by talk radio personality Glenn Beck, based in Irving, Texas.

I'm sure OP and Glen Beck are laughing at the traffic they are receiving (and getting paid for) by posting on sites like DL.

Do we really need to know anything more?

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2018 1:17 AM

[quote]Suck it [R59].

Doesn't matter, Nixon also won a second term while Watergate was already underway. Ellison is toast and I couldn't be more happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2018 1:32 AM

Ellison, in his “Morning Joe” interview, implied he had had no association with Farrakhan since 2006. His spokesman flatly said he had “no additional involvement.” But new evidence suggests these statements are false.

The Facts There are at least three recent cases in which Ellison and Farrakhan appear to have crossed paths and may have even spoken.

2010-2013: In a YouTube video uncovered by the Daily Caller, Ellison is seen chatting with a group of men that includes Farrakhan during a function at the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va. The two men are not seen talking directly to each other, but they are just feet apart. The date of the event is unclear, but it was between 2010 and 2013. The video was uploaded in 2013, and Farrakhan is seen hugging Mahdi Bray, national director of the American Muslim Alliance, because Bray had recovered from a stroke that he suffered in 2010.

2013: Ellison attended a dinner for Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sept. 23 with at least 30 other U.S. Muslim leaders, including Farrakhan. The Wall Street Journal first drew attention to this dinner, which is documented on the websites of the Nation of Islam and the Islamic House of Wisdom. From the photographs, it’s unclear how close Ellison and Farrakhan are seated, but it was a setting for a formal discussion, with microphones, so Ellison would not have been able to miss Farrakhan’s attendance. Ellison told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he did not know in advance who would be attending and that he went to the dinner to press for a peaceful resolution of the nuclear standoff with Iran and for the release of former U.S. Marine Amir Hekmati, who was detained in Iran on spying charges. (He was released in 2016.)

2016: Ellison met privately with Farrakhan. Shortly after Ellison wrote his Washington Post article, Farrakhan posted an interview on his Facebook page in which he said the “deceitful” op-ed was the result of “Jewish control of politics, economics, Hollywood, music, media.” He also said that Ellison and Rep. André Carson (D-Ind.), the only other Muslim member of Congress, had recently met with him and had a private chat. “Both of them, when I was in Washington, visited my suite and we sat down talking like you and I are talking,” Farrakhan told his interviewer, Munir Muhammad. “But evidently, the enemy has made me the litmus test for all black people who want to rise in their world.”

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2018 1:38 AM

Carson, in a statement to The Fact Checker, did not address the circumstances of the meeting but confirmed he had met with Farrakhan:

“I’ve spent my life fighting discrimination in every form, from anyone. As a Member of Congress, I have met with a diverse array of community leaders, including Minister Farrakhan, to discuss critical issues that are important to my constituents and all Americans. While many of these leaders have long track records of creating positive change in their communities, this does not mean that I see eye to eye with them on all beliefs or public statements. Racism, homophobia, islamophobia, anti-Semitism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance have no place in our civil discourse. This is part of my responsibility as a Representative to the diverse constituency I represent. As public officials, we must all recommit ourselves to simultaneously advocating for our communities while fostering a more inclusive, tolerant society.”

Ellison’s staff initially indicated they would offer a response but failed to do so. Ellison, asked by CNN’s Wolf Blitzer about the meetings on Feb. 22, did not address them. He said he had “no relationship” with Farrakhan and “my political opponents keep pushing this out there in order to smear and distract from the key issues.”

The Pinocchio Test Ellison repeatedly has danced around the question of his association with Farrakhan, including whether they have crossed paths since he publicly cut ties with the Nation of Islam in 2006. But he needs to provide a better explanation for what he was doing in Farrakhan’s hotel suite in 2016 and what they discussed. He cannot claim to have “disavowed” Farrakhan more than a decade ago while moving in the same circles and apparently having a friendly chat behind closed doors.

Carson at least acknowledged he met with Farrakhan to discuss issues related to community concerns. Ellison is trying to have it both ways, publicly distancing himself while privately doing something else. He earns Four Pinocchios for suggesting his interactions with Farrakhan ended in 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2018 1:41 AM

Glen Beck's Fantasy Site is not a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2018 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!