Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Insatiable - new Netflix series

There's been some controversy about it, but I just watched the first episode and I am in. Anybody else watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2020 2:52 PM

The trailer makes me NOT want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2018 8:35 AM

Her best friend is a lesbian who lusts after her

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2018 8:39 AM

[quote]The trailer makes me NOT want to watch.

The music is too much. That's what is bothering me.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2018 8:46 AM

Hmm...at first I was like "The fuck?" but then I was like "Okay. Maybe." Is there actual killing or dismemberment of these people or just face slapping?

I'll only watch it if there's killing or maiming...

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2018 9:19 AM

I keep getting her confused with Selena Gomez.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2018 2:07 PM

There is something really unlikable and unappealing about the lead actress. She is more suited to playing a bitch or a mean girl (like in Life of the Party) than the lead.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2018 2:08 PM

[Quote] She is more suited to playing a bitch or a mean girl (like in Life of the Party) than the lead.

Yeah she's good at playing bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2018 2:45 PM

On episode 3, and, thus far, it's exceeded expectations. I like the lead but not enough to keep watching. I'm enjoying the rest of the cast much more than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Binge watched the whole season. It gets pretty wild. I thought it was worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2018 8:26 PM

R8 here, R9's right. Finished episode 8 and it went off the hook. Somehow it manages to be campy -and- sincere. And I'm still much more invested in the rest of the cast than the lead. She's kinda annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2018 9:27 PM

Somehow it manages to be campy -and- sincere.

Apt assessment, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2018 9:32 PM

I was let down. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2018 11:39 PM

I felt let down, too, R12. I enjoyed it until near the end of the final episode. It's one of the few times I want a season 2 so that they can change some of the emotionally unsatisfying ways they ended things.

So many interesting characters left in limbo. Still annoyed at the female lead.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2018 1:10 AM

Loving it, up tp episode 5

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2018 1:14 AM

Straight columnists are freaking out about it. saying it's awful and a trainwreck.

They don't get it.

Well, The New Yorker gets it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2018 4:58 AM

Is this series a love letter to the morbidly obese like my beloved classic "Shallow Hal"?

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2018 5:24 AM

I love Bob (Dallas Roberts) and all his nicknames for Bob Barnard.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2018 7:02 AM

bitch outs a gay guy.

DL: omg i luv it <3

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2018 5:46 PM

It has like 17% for it's score at Rotten Tomato.

That said, I enjoyed it until the last episode. Every character had depth beyond his or her stereotype; otherwise, yeah, it would have been an offensive train wreck. The outing's more complex than described, R18, but to discuss it would require spoilers.

I suspect it will be a cult classic someday. Then again, I'm definitely not the pulse of the nation for entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2018 6:09 PM

People Are Calling Out 'Insatiable' Over This Problematic Bisexual Quote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2018 4:01 AM

Clip of gay actor and YouTuber Jason Caceres on Insatiable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2018 4:11 AM

Add m to the list of those who thoroughly enjoyed the banality until I hit the last 20 minutes of the last episode.

But you know what you’re getting when I can safely say that the best actor in the whole thing is ... Alyssa Milano.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2018 8:41 PM

Hi Jason at [R21]

Never heard of you.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2018 8:45 PM

Ian Marilyn Chambers in it?

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2018 8:50 PM

Gorham was so hot and he's exactly what DL loves, straight acting gay.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2018 8:56 PM

It's not that bad at all, but it should have probably been made 20-30 years ago. People are so goddamn sensitive these days. It seems like every movie or TV show has something "problematic" in it. Isn't that the whole point of watching a movie, reading a book, seeing a TV show, and going to a play? Do people expect every character to be a role model? Can't we have stories told featuring awful people doing awful things? Maybe they learn from it and maybe they don't (the movie Young Adult comes to mind), but it's fiction.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2018 9:00 PM

Quick question: wtf happened to Beverly D’Angelo’s lower lip? It’s kind of paralyzed. Stroke? Bad fillers? Surgery? Disfiguring accident? Booze/drugs?

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2018 9:13 PM

Yes R27! I didn't even recognize her at first.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2018 9:21 PM

For some reason the sixth episode was a huge slog for me. I think it's because it most closely follows the tropes of a CW teen soap opera and all of it's bad cliches, but I'm glad I waded through.

I actually liked the last episode and I think there is some kind of connection between the Roberts character and the girl. Although Roberts is the one doing the heavy lifting in their scenes together.

I also thought Alyssa Milano and and Gorham were great, especially playing off Roberts. It was very nice to see two middle aged gay men playing what was basically the central romantic relationship in the series. Even if one of them was involved with a woman as well. That and the lesbian couple made me feel this is not like just about every other show where gay people are not really a part of the narrative.

I do liked the fucked up humor. I also like the fact that to some degree, many of the characters, especially the lead, are either psychotic messes, or drawn to psychotic messes.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2018 10:07 PM

The guys Brick (awful name) and Christian are gorgeous. So is the hot DILF Bob. Haven't seen it all. Who gets outed? How does the last episode disappoint?

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2018 11:22 PM

I'm about halfway through. It reminds me a bit of a second rate GCB. What I do like is that everyone is flawed, but you see a bit of humanity coming through. I think the outrage over the show is misplaced. The writer herself was a fat girl who became thin and still had the same demons. What better person to write this? I don't understand the outrage.

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2018 1:36 AM

This proves that outrage culture has jumped the shark. This show is harmless fun. I enjoyed it.

Am I the only one who thinks Dallas Roberts looks like John Ritter on this show? I'd never put the two together, but there was something about his look on this show and kept screaming John Ritter to me.

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2018 2:14 AM

R32, when I first started watching, I googled the show’s cast to see if the main character was being played by John Ritter’s son.

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2018 2:07 PM

This looks horrible.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2018 3:14 PM

Acting is third rate, writing sophomoric, lead actress unlikeable. Waste of time. Not campy or clever, just low rent and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Not great, but loving seeing Gorham gaying it up. I crush on him big time.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2018 5:31 PM

The House of Flowers is better, even with the acting and camp factor, but Insatiable is still not a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2018 6:22 AM

Christopher Gorham is so gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2018 7:39 AM

Yes, R32, I think he looks like John Ritter too! I'm really enjoying this show. And what's Christopher Gorham's diet?

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2018 2:32 PM

Are the blond kid and the lean Bob fucking off camera?

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2018 1:01 PM

Watched it, loved it (mostly)...several of the characters were thoroughly enjoyable. No spoilers here, but I have a doubt as to whether a season 2 would ever be a possibility for so many different reasons. I have a feeling that with each plot twist, and there were so many, that I sank to a lower level of humanity WITH the characters. I wonder what, if anything, will become of this camp fest marvel of a show.

Dirty, guilty, fun fun fun.

by Anonymousreply 41August 19, 2018 2:07 PM

Why did it get massacred by the critics? I wouldn't have even noticed there was anything offensive about it, if I'd never heard about the outrage. It's not the best thing I've seen, but it's involving enough to binge. Up to episode 8 with my Netflix free trial.

by Anonymousreply 42August 19, 2018 7:51 PM

Yeah, I didn't get th controversy either. I've seen way more offensive series.

by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2018 9:17 PM

Fatties will find any reason to complain.

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2018 9:26 PM

In this day and age, for some ungodly reason, people seem to want their art to reflect a better place where everyone's nice and there's zero conflict. Characters can't be fatphobic or suicidal or racist or homophobic because 3 people in the world might think that makes it ok to be like that in real life. So idiotic. Don't these idiots understand that without conflict there's no story?

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2018 9:34 PM

It gets a dismal 23% on metacritic, but upper 90s from the user critics. So the public rebelled and made it a success anyway. The critics revealed themselves to be embarrassing cowards, unable to deal with anything but an ultra-PC approach to sensitive topics. Netflix would probably renew it, but I guess the story doesn't set itself up for continuing seasons, from what people have said.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2018 2:43 AM

Through five episodes, I adore this show. To me, it is Popular meets The Help meets GCB meets Drop Dead Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2018 6:39 PM

What's GCB?

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2018 6:44 PM

R48

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2018 6:46 PM

Um, you forgot Mean Girls, r47.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2018 11:20 AM

Patty = Cady

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2018 11:22 AM

AND “The Girl Most Likely To ...” (1973), with a pre-Grease Stockard Channing

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2018 11:25 AM

Yep, Girl Most Likely, as Sordid Lives, since it's southern.

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2018 11:34 AM

as = also

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2018 11:37 AM

I found it a bit meh.

While I did enjoy how gleefully un-PC it was and the camp aesthetic, I just didn't find it that more than mildly amusing and the slightly cartoony characters and situation called for belly laughs rather than an occasional smile. So I don't think it really works.

I also got to episode 8 before I realised that the wife who I kept thinking "she really looks like Alyssa Milano" whenever she came on the screen was, in fact, Alyssa Milano. I also got to the end before I realised that Charlene Tilton was actually Beverly D'Angelo.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2018 3:37 PM

[quote] I also got to episode 8 before I realised that the wife who I kept thinking "she really looks like Alyssa Milano" whenever she came on the screen was, in fact, Alyssa Milano

I was surprised that Milano was even in this since she is ultra PC in real life.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2018 3:50 PM

So am I, and if the show was genuinely offensive, it would've bothered me too. It isn't, sheesh, some people just don't get camp. The show does end with an extreme cliffhanger, but it does set up for further seasons. And it might get at least one, since it was a surprise hit and that over-the-top cliffhanger begs to be resolved.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2018 5:23 PM

House of Flowers also made a radical last episode left turn out of nowhere into an extreme cliffhanger, hitting us blindsided but definitely begging for some resolve.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

I, too, was surprised Milano took this on if she'd thought it was offensive. I actually think it's some of her best work and I'm thrilled that she hasn't apologized for being in the show and is telling everyone to give it a shot.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2018 6:20 PM

There could be a million resolutions to the current plot that would flip everything into perfect PC order so, even though I don’t judge a show on correct moral content (yours is different from mine), for those of you in need of perfect pulcritude and correctness, there’s still many roads that can lead to that.

However, is it that funny or that engaging? Only at times. House of Flowers is better.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2018 6:24 PM

I binged the series in 2 days which is remarkable considering it took me months to finish season 2 of 13 Reasons Why, which ultimately had no payoff.

I agree that Dallas Roberts reminded me a lot of John Ritter but with a pinch of Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2018 6:39 PM

I found Alyssa Milano’s casting surprising. I believe she’s doing a good job with the material, but is not a natural fit for the role.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2018 8:12 PM

This is the only thing I've seen Alyssa in I've liked, aside from hosting Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2018 8:18 PM

I love the tan girl from Christmas with The Kranks in this.

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2018 10:14 PM

You mean Arden Myrin?

Why don’t you just say the girl from MadTV? That’s what she’s best known for:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2018 10:24 PM

Because that's what I know her from, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2018 1:29 AM

I didn't know she was from Mad TV either, and I did love Mad TV during its turn-of-the-century glory years. She must've come after I started ignoring it. I agree Arden was fab.

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2018 1:35 AM

Arden always looks EXACTLY like Adam Scott in drag to me. Are they related at all?

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2018 1:35 AM

Who keeps plugging House of Flowers? I downloaded it on someone's recommendation on this thread and I just can't get through the terrible acting.

I watched two episodes and I was out.

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2018 2:18 AM

R69, House of Flowers is a telenovela! (dark comedy but still a telenovela, nonetheless). If you approach it the way you would Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

It starts with lots of cliches and sprouts (pardon the pun) from there. But to each his own. And lots of eye candy and talented drag queens. Again, if you’re looking for OITNB, then yes, by all means, move on... but insatiable is even worse. No eye candy, no good acting, save Milano.

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2018 2:27 AM

I think people complained not because of fat-shaming, but because it really is a genuinely terrible series.

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2018 3:57 AM

Show is pretty bad but Michael Provost is damn cute. Especially shirtless, though can't find any pics or gifs of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2018 4:34 AM

I just watched the first three episodes and so far am loving it.

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2018 7:34 AM

Only on episode 4. Is ugly Bob supposed to be a in a glass closet of just an effeminate straight guy?

by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2018 11:49 AM

You’ll need to keep watching r74. It would be a spoiler for you to have that question answered.

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2018 12:20 PM

Just finished the season. God help me. They need to do a second season!

by Anonymousreply 76August 26, 2018 4:30 AM

Because of this DL thread I became aware of the show and, as usual, DL doesn't disappoint. The show is right up my alley. To me the standout, from the character progession point of view, is the lesbian sidekick. I think she had a great overall story arc (it's a bit unfortunate that she got sidelined in the last few episodes). Love Alyssa Milano in it. But OMG! Arden Myrin is over the top hilarious in it. Love the dark humor with her stage mom character. Same goes for Irene Choi playing her daughter (that fight on the Wiener mobil!). And Michael Provost is dreamy!

The female lead didn't make much of an impression until the final scene of the birthday episode. Call me Mary! but that final scene was some 13 Reasons Why drama (as in good). I think that was the only time I really noticed-noticed the female lead.

I love how the show kind of comically drew so much attention to some of the castmembers missing in some episodes with elaborate exposition about them not being around. At least that's how it come off to me.

But the only thing I didn't care much about was the "throuple" subplot in the final episoses, because I knew it would turn into some serious Lifetime "these things never work out!" drama (and I was proven right by the end of episode 12).

Love the show and I do hope it comes back.

by Anonymousreply 77August 26, 2018 7:41 AM

[quote]I love how the show kind of comically drew so much attention to some of the castmembers missing in some episodes with elaborate exposition about them not being around. At least that's how it come off to me.

You lost me here. Could you explain by means of an example?

by Anonymousreply 78August 26, 2018 7:53 AM

Cora Lee (Alyssa Milano) was missing a couple of episodes, because she was furious about finding out about Bob's affair.

by Anonymousreply 79August 26, 2018 7:56 AM

I thought they would go there and introduce Tony Danza as Coralee's dad. Maybe in the second season?

by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2018 8:03 AM

Oh I thought maybe you meant the actress who is also in American Housewife - who plays Hot Bob’s wife - who all of a sudden was MIA and they explained it lamely.

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2018 8:03 AM

I liked the show.

But I found Gorham's "Georgia" accent so community theater. It was really irritating.

And Milano's accent wasn't much better. And her fingernails screamed New Jersey mob wife, not Atlanta Junior League.

Dallas's acting carried the show.

by Anonymousreply 82August 29, 2018 12:05 AM

Bob 'Backdoor' Barnard

by Anonymousreply 83August 30, 2018 4:53 PM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 84August 30, 2018 5:12 PM

Any word on a season 2?

by Anonymousreply 85August 30, 2018 10:17 PM

Dallas Roberts is AMAZING. That last WHAT.THE.FUCK. scene cracked me up.

I loved the series up until they turned Patty into a murderer. That made no sense. As it didn't make sense for her to try and cover her tracks since she let Magnolia go free and Mags is a witness to the whole Xtian mess.

by Anonymousreply 86September 1, 2018 4:10 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 87September 2, 2018 12:40 AM

I like everything except the lead actress. I can't understand why someone thought she would be right for the role? She ruins it.

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2018 12:52 AM

Beverly D'Angelo used to be a beauty. I was surprised by her hardened look and gravelly voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2018 12:59 AM

D'Angelo has twins with Al Pacino but unfortunately she fucked him after he lost the hotness

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2018 3:30 AM

D'Angelo has had A LOT of face work done. It does not look good.

by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2018 4:45 AM

Yes, Beverly D'Angelo was "hot" or whatever 30 plus years ago, as we all were.

by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2018 5:02 AM

Patty and Bob are soulmates; I wonder if they'll go there if there is a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2018 3:38 PM

For a show that does "over the top" pretty well, the last episode was an unnecessary attempt to shock by going too far.

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2018 3:42 PM

Agree that he looks like John Ritter, like a cross between Ritter and David Duchovny. I thought the Asian daughter looked way too old and I agree that Patty is very unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 95September 4, 2018 9:25 AM

Wonder if it will get renewed...

by Anonymousreply 96September 4, 2018 10:05 AM

Why is Netflix OBSESSED with lesbians? Seriously, I don't get it. They have lesbian characters on all their shows yet hardly any gay males. Wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 97September 4, 2018 11:13 AM

R22 So true. That ending was so fucked up and ruined the whole show for me. Too bad because it was good up till then.

by Anonymousreply 98September 7, 2018 3:50 PM

R26 I agree. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 99September 7, 2018 3:51 PM

[Quote]There could be a million resolutions to the current plot that would flip everything into perfect PC order so, even though I don’t judge a show on correct moral content (yours is different from mine), for those of you in need of perfect pulcritude and correctness, there’s still many roads that can lead to that.

I agree. I don't want to spoil anything, but I think the truth is the opposite of what Patty thinks, if that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 100September 7, 2018 4:01 PM

R77 The female lead is the weakest link on the show. The other characters are more interesting than her (also less annoying).

by Anonymousreply 101September 7, 2018 4:07 PM

[Quote]But the only thing I didn't care much about was the "throuple" subplot in the final episoses, because I knew it would turn into some serious Lifetime "these things never work out!" drama (and I was proven right by the end of episode 12).

Same. I liked the gay storyline up to that point. I was surprised at how well done it was, considering the show is campy and bad (at least according to the critics). They wrote the storyline with so much sensibility. I feel they threw it all away with that stupid throuple shit. I also had a feeling one half of the couple only did it because he thought it was what the other one wanted. All the time I thought to myself, this won't work, all of them are not on board with it. Turns out I was right.

by Anonymousreply 102September 7, 2018 4:13 PM

[Quote]I loved the series up until they turned Patty into a murderer. That made no sense.

Same. It was a stupid plot twist. I know we are supposed to believe Patty is "evil" or whatever. I know she is capable of doing many mean things, but to turn her into a murderer? Nah. They jumped the shark there imo. Then again... maybe she isn't a murderer? I have a feeling all is not what it seems. I don't think anyone died, they just made it seem that way.

by Anonymousreply 103September 7, 2018 4:17 PM

R88 Same! The ONLY thing I didn't like was the lead actress. Maybe it didn't help that her character was mostly just annoying. I should have enjoyed the camp factor, but the character was the most cringe worthy on the entire show. All the other characters were immensely more fun and interesting than her.

by Anonymousreply 104September 7, 2018 4:20 PM

Insatiable is, or should be, the Bob Armstrong/Dallas Roberts show. Making it the Patty Bladell story is what ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 105September 7, 2018 5:09 PM

Did anyone else feel a slight jab at Todd Chrisley with this? I totally did, I wonder if he watched it.

by Anonymousreply 106September 7, 2018 5:13 PM

Brick and Christian threesome please.

by Anonymousreply 107September 8, 2018 10:47 AM

Totally R106

by Anonymousreply 108September 8, 2018 1:24 PM

Looks like Netflix will renew anything

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2018 2:25 AM

They better make her likable now r109, I really can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2018 2:27 AM

michael provost is super hot

by Anonymousreply 111October 4, 2018 6:49 PM

Michael should show off that hot body of his more

by Anonymousreply 112October 4, 2018 6:52 PM

Any Atlanta guys have him while he was there filming?

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2018 2:55 AM

On Shameless, the guy who wanted Carl to shoot him because he didn't want to go to the military academy, just figured out it's Bob's son from this show.

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2018 9:54 AM

piece of pure shallow shit.

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2018 10:03 AM

I’m loving it so far. Campy as fuck.

The lead looks much too old, however. What’s done is done.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2018 10:23 AM

I love the dark humor. That's what Glee should been. A dark, campy comedy about teen angst and teen ambition ... and some old folk drama.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2018 10:31 AM

It would have been nice if something supernatural really had happened...

by Anonymousreply 118October 6, 2018 8:42 PM

is it just me that thinks this series is awesome really i wish the two male actors were hotter but i mean at least there's hot bob who really isn't hot but

by Anonymousreply 119October 11, 2018 5:11 PM

I still have no idea what anyone saw in definitely not hot Bob.

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2018 2:19 AM

He's confused and half straight. DL loves anything that is straight.

by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2018 2:23 AM

I liked how it danced gleefully and unapologetically over the edge of bad taste and back again. I liked that the lead actress has a strong unlikeable stripe. It reminded me of The Opposite of Sex. I also loved the discussion of male bisexuality that moved beyond chaste tokenism to actually show MMF love scenes, discussions of polyamory, warts and all.

If there is a season 2, I hope they don't mellow out due to social criticism. Go harder, get more outlandish, and find your tribe, Netflix!

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2018 2:31 AM

There is going to be a season 2 R122

by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2018 2:41 AM

Will season two come to Netflix next year?

by Anonymousreply 124December 4, 2018 4:24 AM

Unless they're going to pull a Stranger Things and wait a year a half when people will have forgotten and moved on, I'd imagine we will see another season next year.

by Anonymousreply 125December 4, 2018 11:48 AM

I love that they held strong and didn't react to idiotic SJW Twitter/Tumblr complaints about a show they hadn't even seen. I wish more people would do that and just say "shut up! We don't care what you think" and not pull any punches. It seems like they found their audience in the process. I hear a lot of people talking about it. Seems like a nice little cult hit.

Filmmakers/writer/actors/etc., let this be a lesson to you all - these Twitter idiots don't have the power to tank a show. Don't give them that power.

by Anonymousreply 126December 4, 2018 6:10 PM

Openly gay actor Vincent Rodriguez III from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend to recur in season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 11, 2019 3:40 PM

That's great news R127. I think VRIII is adorable

by Anonymousreply 128March 11, 2019 4:33 PM

Dallas Roberts plays queeny REALLY well.

by Anonymousreply 129March 12, 2019 7:10 AM

They need to strike now with season 2 while the iron is still lukewarm from season 1. I almost forgot about this show.

by Anonymousreply 130March 12, 2019 7:39 AM

r127 that is a bad picture of him

by Anonymousreply 131March 12, 2019 7:51 AM

I just discovered this and binged all of it. Started out pretty bad but I find Dallas Roberts sexy as hell so I kept watching just for him. Season 2 was better I think.

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2019 8:53 AM

I tried watching it, but found the writing too over-the-top. The sexuality fluidity of two of the characters is a bit too convenient and the show had a disturbing pattern of always disposing of love interests who were not white (the guy's wife, the lesbian friend's girlfriend and one or two others), which made it seem like those characters were thrown in temporarily just to meet a quota.

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2019 9:22 AM

A Ryan Seacrest Production

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2019 9:53 AM

this was worth binging again in the pandemic

by Anonymousreply 135December 5, 2020 9:29 PM

doppelgängers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2020 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!