Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Photographer Accuses Bill Murray of Slamming Him Against a Door at Martha’s Vineyard Restaurant

Actor and comedian Bill Murray was accused of slamming a photographer against a door at a restaurant in Martha’s Vineyard.

According to a police report picked up by The Boston Globe, on Wednesday photojournalist Peter Simon was taking pictures of the restaurant band for his weekly feature in The Martha’s Vineyard Times. Simon is the brother of the band singer Carly Simon, and when he stepped away from the dance floor at one point to inspect the shots he took, someone allegedly grabbed him from behind, slammed him up against a door, and threatened to have him thrown out.

Simon claims that the person who grabbed him swore multiple times and threatened to cause him bodily harm.

“He looked like he was ready to strangle me,” said Simon. “He treated me like the scum of the earth.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2018 1:46 AM

but did he grab your pussy?

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2018 3:27 PM

What does Peter Simon look like?

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2018 3:46 PM

I believe it. He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2018 3:50 PM

He is an asshole, so the guy should go to the police but if the police won't do anything, then he will havevto find Bill and punch him in the face, he deserves it many times over. Seriously, why am I reading about this little tiff?

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2018 3:55 PM

What did he say to Bill Murray that upset him?

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2018 3:57 PM

He said nothing, he just tried to take his picture. Bill acted like a cranky guy and the guy acted like a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2018 4:03 PM

yeah Murray is known as a real douche

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2018 4:15 PM

i hate murray. one has heard all about his assholery and douchbaggery

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2018 4:18 PM

Little girl-little girl or Rhoda Penmark-little girl, r6?

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2018 4:24 PM

I hate Bill Murray. I wish someone would beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2018 4:29 PM

Bill Murray has been doing shit like this for years. During the filming of What About Bob? he threatened a producer and threw her in a lake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2018 4:36 PM

"Murray came by his table and poured water on him and his camera."

It was like water over the DAMN!

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2018 4:37 PM

Bill Murray likes to think he's so cool and awesome.

Actually, he is a passive aggressive asshole.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2018 4:38 PM

Was Bill singing? Badly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2018 5:10 PM

It's interesting that the article goes out of its way to not mention the name of the restaurant. That is probably because they want to keep it a secret to residents, and avoid the stampede of tourists, hoping to catch a glimpse of the celebrities. I'm surprised that Carly Simon is performing as a house band. A gig like that would be for the sole purpose of enjoying performing, but she famously does not like to perform. Maybe was a special event and a favor to a friend?

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2018 5:37 PM

You misread the article r15. The photographer is Carly Simon's brother and he was taking pictures of the house band. It does not say Carly was in the house band.

I'd love to hear of someone clocking Murray in the face, as he seems to deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2018 8:07 PM

Bill Murray has a mean streak. Ask anyone who worked on one of his films, particularly in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2018 8:09 PM

I hate that Murray is considered a lovable, quirky character beloved of indie directors. He’s an ass. A friend of mine used to work in the film industry. He told me that Murray was shooting a film and slapped a woman because she told him they’d have to do reshoots and he didn’t want to. Murray has a truly smirky, punchable fave.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2018 8:23 PM

R16. I don't think I misread it. The article says "Carly is the band singer." That would lead me to believe that she was the band's singer. If they were just referring to her as a point of reference, the article would have said something more along the lines of "singer songwriter Carly Simon..." I could be wrong, though.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2018 8:36 PM

R18 I believe it. He seems to have issues with women. There are endless stories about him hitting or groping women on set. I'm shocked he even agreed to work with Sofia Coppola.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2018 8:40 PM

His ex-wife accused him of beating her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2018 8:42 PM

The restaurant was Lola's R15.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2018 8:44 PM

really surprised we didnt have a #metoo shit storm about Murray

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2018 9:09 PM

R23 There are lots of actors, directors, producers and musicians whose histories of abuse are open secrets, but weren't called out during the #metoo frenzy. The only explanation I can come up with is that they make too much money for a lot of people, so they're protected.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2018 9:29 PM

R23 . I don't think Murray is a sexual predator, which is what the MeToo movement is mostly about. Rather, he is just an asshole who disrespects women and treats everyone like shit. That doesn't fall under the MeToo umbrella. I have heard stories -- and have seem him enough in person to know he is not the nicest guy on the block -- but I think that kind of disrespect and self centeredness allows him to create the "Bill Murray" character. He isn't tethered to normal social graces. If he were, he might not be as out there as his performances are lauded for. I'm not excusing his bad behavior, but I am proposing it is what helps him get the performances he gets. I think it's amazing that everyone thinks he's such a nice guy because he crashed a few weddings.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2018 10:20 PM

he's a dumb fuck. i hate him!

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2018 10:35 PM

Bill looks like something that the cat dragged in and forgot to drag back out again. He has never been a handsome guy, and as he ages, Yuk!

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2018 10:41 PM

No plastic surgery here...……...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2018 10:44 PM

R25 I think verbal abuse,physical abuse, and bullying do more damage to the psyche than a groping or unwanted advance. The people who suffer the former are the ones who wind up really fucked in the head and often get no support from society . I think the latter just gets more attention because of Americans puritanical mentality. There is nothing Americans love more than hearing a pretty affluent blonde whine about how some guy hit on her and it ruined her life. If you suffer other types of abuse your expected to shut up and deal . Bill Murray sounds like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2018 10:48 PM

R29 he’s probably every bit as much of an asshole as Chevy Chase and yet Chase’s reputation is a thousand times worse. I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2018 10:50 PM

R30 My guess is that Murray kissed up or befriended the right people. Or perhaps he is a confident asshole while Chevy is an insecure asshole. I have noticed people are more accepting of assholes if they come across as confident.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2018 11:13 PM

I think Chevy is more reviled because he is emblematic of a type that is reviled in general: rich, privileged, blue blood, etc. Murray is more salt of the earth, so, although he might be a dick, his type is not automatically disliked the way Chevy's is.

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2018 11:19 PM

R32 that was my first thought too...I think that’s most likely it.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2018 11:25 PM

R24 You're right. Michael Bay is said to have the most infamous casting couch in Hollywood. I waited for #metoo to come for him, but they never did. His movies make too much money.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote]According to a police report picked up by The Boston Globe

[quote] the guy should go to the police

Confused much r4?

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2018 11:31 PM

R31 Murray was smart/lucky getting cast in indie films by up and coming directors like Sofia Coppola and Wes Anderson. It a hot young director (or two!) had put Chase in a critically acclaimed movie that won awards, he'd have a much better reputation, no matter how much of an asshole he is.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2018 11:32 PM

R34 Yeah, the mob is very selective about who they go after. I remember how outraged many female journalists were over a somewhat unwise but harmless Wonder Woman movie review by David Edelstein. Meanwhile, Matt Taibbi, a psychopathic fratboy who engaged in severe abuse of women kept his job. These "feminist " journalists have yet to go after Taibbi. And don't forget Gillibrands ousting of Franken and betrayal of the Clinton's . The puritanical outrage mob are a bunch of stinking hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2018 11:36 PM

Bill and Richard Dreyfus came to blows on the WHAT ABOUT BOB? Movie set. I saw it on Nicki Swifts YouTube channel. I’m disappointed to hear about this...I genuinely think that Murray is one of the most gifted actor/comedians ever...the less we know about our heroes, the better.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2018 11:41 PM

I can see I am late with the news that “the loveable comedian” is actually a violent total asshole that knocks women around.

I wish Colbert, Kimmel, Seth Meyers would call him out - but they prob fear he would never come on the shows again. No Jimmy Fallon SHOULD do it since his show totally sucks and he will never be able to live down normalizing pos grifter.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2018 11:43 PM

I never have liked him, nor have I ever found him to be funny. His reputation certainly leaves much to be desired. After reading several interviews, decided a long time ago he was a major creep.

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2018 11:54 PM

R39 Fallon's whole bit is being neutral and dull. He'd never do anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2018 1:46 AM

Years ago his Ex wife accused him of physical abuse

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2018 1:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!