Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ASMR videos

those relaxing videos of folks getting facials or chiropractic treatment. ever watched them? better than ambien.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2020 11:11 AM

I'm watching one right now! I love them.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2018 1:52 AM

The Turkish barber/massage videos can also be quite relaxing & help with insomnia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2018 1:57 AM

I don't understand what's the purpose of these videos??

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2018 2:22 AM

I belive in chiropractic and it helped me to reduce pain. There are plenty videos out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2018 2:22 AM

The linked video is pretty simple but asmrsurge is one of the more inventive people doing asmr. I genuinely get that tingling vibration from some sounds but not all of them, especially tapping which leaves me cold.

Also, R3, you need to listen to them through headphones or the sounds don’t have the same effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2018 12:19 PM

I'm going to suggest these vids to my partner, OP. He has been having insomnia lately. Maybe it will help!

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2018 2:13 PM

Wow, I never knew about these, I will check them out. Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2018 2:33 PM

All I got from the video at r2 was all the water running into the guy's face. If he had shampoo bowls like they have a US salons, his neck would be supported and the water would not be in his face. Oh well...

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2018 3:20 PM

Try to stay awake during this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2018 5:52 AM

I think these things are for people who have been so media saturated throughout their lives that they are unable to quiet their own minds or even hear them in the first place. They are, quite literally, unable to be alone with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2018 6:27 AM

Tap.......tap......tap......tap.....tap....

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2018 12:58 AM

ASMR videos can just be relaxing, but for some people who get the ASMR response it's like a brain orgasm. All these videos are designed to trigger that sensation, that is unique to some people, I've gotten it in the past, but not so much recently.

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2018 5:43 AM

Thanks R5. I have started to get these now. The ones I'm digging right now are crunchy food eating sounds.

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2018 5:49 AM

This is a good one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2018 5:55 AM

I've known about them for about a year and they really do work. It's like white noise 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2018 5:57 AM

I follow a bunch of male ASMR artists, might as well have a hot guy whispering in my ear at night. Fred does some great work, some of his oldest are his best, and he looks like Thor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2018 6:17 AM

There's some cute guys in ASMR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2018 6:18 AM

Whispering, to me, is worse than nails on a chalkboard. I find the sound unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2018 6:20 AM

I'm with R18. These videos have exactly the opposite effect on me. Can't stand them. Especially the ones where people are eating and all you hear are lip/mouth smacking and chewing.

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2018 6:25 AM

Boy, R18, I have the complete opposite reaction. My boyfriend whispers to me when I can't sleep and it's better than Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2018 6:25 AM

I think it's like cilantro - you either love it or hate it. No in-between.

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2018 6:26 AM

This is how cults start.

by Anonymousreply 22September 3, 2018 6:31 AM

R22 Well, GentleWhispering - the #1 ASMR channel - is run by Maria, a Russian...

Maybe she's putting subliminal messages in her videos.

by Anonymousreply 23September 3, 2018 6:34 AM

Lulz, r21...I was just reading to the end of the thread to say: "what are the odds that the weirdos who listen to this also claim that cilantro tastes like soap?"

by Anonymousreply 24September 3, 2018 7:17 AM

I'm pretty sure most male ASMRtists are gay.

"ASMR Requests" is the best ASMRtist, but she rarely uploads anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2020 11:01 AM

I was watching ASMR Katy Yup. There's rumors that she's a hostage somewhere. Or she's just simply very hungry.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2020 11:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!