Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just checking in: Do we still hate Kevin Spacey?

Are we glad the ol' leechy self-loather is gone baby gone.

by Anonymousreply 286September 26, 2018 7:43 PM

Meant to have a poll but I sent it too soon.

YES--BYE, FELICIA! NO--I love the ol' molester!

Anyway, my answer: yes. And I'll keep tally:

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2018 6:40 PM

Yep, we still hate anyone who's a creeper. Thanks for checking.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Is a creeper worse than a sex pest? Or is a creeper worse?

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2018 6:43 PM

Is a creeper worse than a sex pest? Or is a sex pest worse?

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2018 6:44 PM

Ask the mouse in your pocket

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2018 6:46 PM

I think there is something to be said of the fact that he hasn't been formally charged with a crime. The Metoo movement seems to be losing steam due to certain people militarizing it. I doubt Spacey would have faced the same career repercussions if those allegations surfaced now. Many of the allegations were also eyeroll worthy. People were just out for blood after Weinstein. Les Moonves is still sitting pretty.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2018 6:51 PM

"Les Moonves is still sitting pretty."

Good point, r6. And so is Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2018 6:55 PM

Hating him would mean that there were some emotions between myself and Mr. Spacey. And since I'm not a 15 year old boy, there aren't any.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2018 7:59 PM

r8, he groped, verbally harassed and leeched on men a lot older than 15. They often had to work for him.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2018 8:40 PM

Oh R9 what do you know ? I think its died down alot at the moment. But the word on the street is he is still not coming back...

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2018 11:51 AM

We have a couple psychos who defend him and every other sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2018 12:42 PM

We even had a couple of psychos who insisted that Spacey is straight until the very end.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2018 12:57 PM

People were sick of Spacey anyway. His acting so stylized and over-hyped - and he so overbearing and obnoxious. His day has come and gone and he was teetering for a fall and people enjoyed watching him eat a little shit. Most people glad he's gone and no one misses him - no residual goodwill.

I suppose this is a PR thread wondering if Spacey's numbers are getting better but I'm guessing not even close.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2018 1:16 PM

I never liked him. It had nothing to do with his pervitude. It had everything to do with his hairline.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2018 1:18 PM

I'm just really sad he won't be a part of the last House of Cards.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2018 1:22 PM

I'm glad he won't be part of House of Cards. They should have offed him instead of Meechum. That was when I hated Kevin Spacey. Long before #gaytoo.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2018 1:24 PM

Was actually just going to post in the Spacey is FUCKED thread and say he isn't missed. I just don't like him. To me, he simply cannot play a good person. Playing a villain is easy and "fun," ask any actor.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2018 1:28 PM

He had a good run of several decades. I won't miss him. He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2018 1:32 PM

Agree with someone up-thread. His hair always to ugly it was annoying to look at him. He was in the entertainment business could have had the best. Why the ugly hair??

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2018 2:01 PM

Our pig of a president is no worse than Spacey. At least Spacey can act.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2018 2:16 PM

R15 I'm so glad he won't be part of the last season. I really hated his acting (and accent) in the show. The show itself was fine, but he was a negative.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2018 3:36 PM

[quote]Our pig of a president is no worse than Spacey.

Actually, he's a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2018 3:40 PM

R21 I don't know how anyone could have enjoyed the show without enjoying Spacey. I actually wanted him to kill Claire at the end of last season.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2018 3:51 PM

I never liked him before all of this talk about sexual assaults.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2018 3:56 PM

His inability to effectually communicate who and what he is and his slippery take on accountability are what did him in in my book. I think he’s a sociopath. And his brothers testimony supports this. Broken guy.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2018 4:00 PM

I will forever have him in the “hate” column because of his passing off a faux courageous coming out statement as defense against hitting on underage boys. He did the gay community a huge disservice by doing that. Oh NOW you “come out”? No thanks, we don’t want you. Prick.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2018 4:01 PM

Plus, he has the worst skin...being the toxic person that he is, no one should be surprised. He’s an odious excuse for a man, for all of the reasons people have mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Pear clutchers, unite.

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2018 4:08 PM

creepy creeps

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2018 4:10 PM

R26 Just because he never officially released a statement doesn't mean he wasn't out. He hosted the Tony's. What more evidence did you need?

[quote] His inability to effectually communicate who and what he is and his slippery take on accountability are what did him in in my book.

What, exactly, should he have said? There was nothing he could do but disappear after the allegations. The public were not interested in any nuance.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2018 4:10 PM

R23 I'm the exact opposite - I wanted him dead by the end of Season 1, and hoped Claire would be elevated in some way.

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2018 4:12 PM

[quote]eeeek, he hit on people!

Anthony Rapp was FOURTEEN years old.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2018 4:13 PM

His brother certainly is an odd bird. If what he says is true, and it seems so, he's a strong survivor. Either the mom or dad likely abused Kevin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2018 4:25 PM

He was electrifying in "Wise Guy." After that, meh. Alternating between mawkish (David Gale, Pay It Forward) and mustache-twirling sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2018 4:26 PM

Course, OP.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2018 4:31 PM

Anthony Rapp was FOURTEEN years old and nothing happened to him. There, fixed it for ya'.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2018 4:33 PM

I thought ARapp hit on him.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2018 4:33 PM

Fatty Arbuckle was falsely accused of raping Virginia Rappe. The judge apologized to him for the case having been brought.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2018 4:39 PM

What’s your point, R38

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2018 4:42 PM

I never liked him in the first place, so it's neither here nor there for me.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2018 4:51 PM

Point? Point? I don't have to show you no stinkin' points!

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2018 4:57 PM

Glad I'm not in his shoes!

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2018 5:09 PM

Yeah, he's still dead to me. I like his older stuff, though, which sucks. Especially The Usual Suspects.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2018 5:09 PM

R20

I used to think that and then I saw Billionaires Boys Club. He was so horrific in that film that future employment was questionable even w/o the scandal

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2018 5:17 PM

He has alot of fans out there still, on Instagram and twitter. He's 59 now, not as goodlooking as he once was, that frank sinatra toupee look didn't really suit him. He didn't seem to have much wise counsel in last few years, performing Darrow in the tennis court was beyond odd. There was no need for him to host the Tonys. He was established master actor why humiliate himself ? Very odd situation.

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2018 5:29 PM

The usual suspects was so bad, it's impossible to blame any single person.

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2018 8:06 PM

I could never hate the true love of my life!

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2018 8:09 PM

You know DL is bored when a Spacey thread pops up.

by Anonymousreply 48August 10, 2018 1:30 AM

What happened to Anthony Rapp was his older delinquent brother Adam but that was already hashed out in an older thread.

by Anonymousreply 49August 10, 2018 1:59 AM

I don't believe the Rapp situation was sexual. The Huffington Post has an article by Danny Lanzetta that features Spacey lifting up a young Lanzetta in a moment of harmless horseplay It's my opinion that a drunk Spacey lifted up Rapp n the same non-sexual manner and, being drunk, lost his balance and they both fell onto the bed.

The anonymous 14-year-old accuser in E. Alex Jung's Vule article stated as an aside that Spacey dated Jennifer Jason Leigh in the 1980's, and had photographs of her in his apartment. I don't think Spacey ever dated her, just was photographed witer at some parties for publicity more recently. Awfully suspicious article to incl something so unlikely to be true.Anyone here believe Spacey ever really dated a woman??? Should we believe the Dianne Dreyer / Helen Hunt stories next?

by Anonymousreply 50August 10, 2018 6:56 AM

Yeah, no sexual abuse actually happened with Rapp even by his own admission. But he just had to "be brave" and go to the press anyway. Which is why I hate Rapp. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51August 10, 2018 5:30 PM

By Rapp's account, Spacey would be charged with an assault but not a sexual assault. But the statute of limitations on that assault expired over a decade ago and Rapp's account would be difficult to prove.

R50 - As for the Vulture account, Vulture really did practice bad journalism. The story is too anonymous & they did not publish one confirmed name in the story. If a publication is going to publish such a serious accusation, its journalistic prudence that you provide at least one confirmed name. Notice in most of the other accusations against Spacey and other big names that went down in the scandal, the press always had a confirmed name as part of the story. The fact that Vulture didn't makes me have to doubt the validity of the story. But this is the problem with internet based media; they can get away with stuff like that unless you have knowledge of what good journalism is & its proper practices. I still find it very odd that Spacey was labeled this big "pedophile" by social media but there's no trail of men that were abused as children by him. We've seen it with other abusers (Larry Nassar, Cardinal McCarrick, Gary Goddard, James Levine).

by Anonymousreply 52August 10, 2018 10:42 PM

Hated to see him gone, would love to see him come back.

by Anonymousreply 53August 10, 2018 11:15 PM

Who put out to him to advance their career?

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2018 3:01 AM

OP, why do you suggest he is 'self-loathing'? Do you have any shred of evidence?

He is oblivious to the silly twittering of the scandal-mongering twitterverse.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2018 3:11 AM

I don't hate him at all.

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2018 3:28 AM

I hate him for thinking being gay was so bad to admit he lied and said he was straight. And then when he thought saying he was gay would provide him with sympathy, he said he was gay. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2018 3:32 AM

There’s no word on the street, R10. Has someone been encouraging you to step off the sidewalk?

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2018 3:53 AM

Let’s recap his offenses, so I can decide. I need to have a refresher course in order to make an educated decision.

DL Secretary, I humbly ask for your assistance.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2018 4:04 AM

I just saw that the comment I left earlier is full of typos; the device I'm typing on is a piece of crap. It should have read: I don't believe the Rapp situation was sexual. The Huffington Post has an articleby Danny Lanzetta that features Spacey lifting up a young Lanzetta in a moment of harmless horseplay. It's my opinion that a drunk Spacey lifted up Rapp in the same non-sexual manner and, being drunk, lost his balance and they both fell onto the bed. The anonymous 14-year-old accuser in E. Alex Jung's Vulture article stated as an aside that Spacey dated Jennifer Jason Leigh in the 1980s and had photgraphs of her in his apartment. I don't think Spacey ever dated her, just was photographed with her at some parties for publicity more recently. Awfully suspicious article to include something so unlikely to be true. Anyone here believe Spacey ever really dated a woman??? Should we believe the Dianne Dreyer / Helen Hunt relationship stroies, too?

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2018 5:40 AM

I do not hate Spacey. I hate no-one.

Our lives are too short to harbour hatred.

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2018 5:48 AM

Does anyone know why CNN was so much more vicious in its coverage on Spacey than anyone else? None of the stories they peddled proved to be true almost a year later.

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2018 5:58 AM

Meh. I don't like him or hate him. Frankly, I think American society puts an over emphasis on condemning sexual misbehavior when verbal abuse, physical abuse, poverty and bullying do WAY more damage. A couple gropes don't ruin anybody's life. People go through way worse than that and don't receive any social support. Look at those kids who wind up committing suicide because they are bullied. No one commits suicide because someone touches them inappropriately once .Im not saying we should give no support to victims of sex harassment but I am tired of this Victorian cultural mentality that their suffering is automatically worse than anyone else who experiences adverse events just because it involves no no parts. I see this alot among young millennial women.

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2018 6:52 AM

R62 Spacey ,who gropes everyone, turned down Anderson Cooper. Thus, the angry tone to the CNN coverage.

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2018 7:25 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2018 1:44 AM

R52, well he played gay in "Midnight..." So there you are!

by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2018 4:18 AM

Wow, the pervert defenders are out in force. "There's nothing wrong with lifting a 14-year-old boy up like a bride and resting him on a bed! Besides, they didn't even go all the way! Anthony probably came on to him!"

Sickos all. Probably lust after underage teens yourselves. Glad that nothing you say will bring his career back.

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2018 4:48 AM

R60 "non-sexual manner "

Hahahahahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2018 5:48 AM

Yes - Spacey is lecherous and revolting.

by Anonymousreply 69August 12, 2018 6:10 AM

The NY theatre impresarios should be funding that sad 14-year-old victim's career as some kind of compensation for having an Academy-Award-winner's penis in his rectum.

by Anonymousreply 70August 12, 2018 7:28 AM

Clutch those pearls, frauen.

by Anonymousreply 71August 12, 2018 5:09 PM

r71 the only one clutching their pearls in every single thread about Spacey is you, can't you move on? No amount of pointless defending that you do is going to change the fact that he's a creep who did more than just hit on people. Find someone else to stan.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2018 1:45 AM

Just because the thread is about whether he is tolerated or not, doesn't mean some actual dirt can't be contributed. WTF has happened to the DL?

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2018 9:39 AM

I hate Spacey as a self-loathing queer and a sociopath who was the lowest of the low with his years lying about being straight because he didn't want the taint of being queer; meanwhile he hit on practically every man he worked with or who worked for him, which made it a toxic situation for those men. I'm glad he's gone.

I also dislike Anthony Rapp as a douche because he actually said he was "standing on the shoulders" of all those women "who came before him" when he decided, decades after Spacey propositioned him, when it was the height of publicity for the #metoo movement, to capitalize on what I firmly believe was free publicity for him while making himself a victim over what was essentially in this case a non-event. And he's a lousy actor on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2018 1:35 PM

I don't know if Rapp used the Spacey thing to take advantage of the press during the height of #MeToo, but either way he's the one that opened the floodgates that should have been opened decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2018 9:21 PM

R75 - actually it was Heather Unruh and unfortunately she'll never get credit for it.

When Unruh made her statement on Twitter after the Weinstein story broke, that's when stories about Spacey's behavior began to be shared via social media. Once those stories were being posted, that's when Rapp decided to go public. There was a two week period between Unruh's statement & Rapp's. In that two weeks, that's when the House of Cards & Old Vic stories were being reported to news outlets. So even if Rapp never went public, the HoC accusations were going to be reported by the media. This is why I think Rapp really doesn't deserve as much credit as he gets.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2018 10:22 PM

At least he's finally out, came out just in time to make gay men look bad, thanks Kev. I suppose he could be a great actor, but there was always something off putting about him at the same time. I can't say I hate him, but I don't mind that he's been disgraced, and if he never makes a comeback? (*shrug*)

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2018 10:27 PM

I'll always love him!

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2018 10:39 PM

R60 In his "I now choose to live as an openly gay man" statement, he said he dated both men and women in the past. I believe he probably did when he was younger. Not Dianne, though.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2018 10:42 PM

R60 Didn't a woman claim he harassed her too?

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2018 10:44 PM

280 Yes.

Kate Edwards, now a performing arts teacher in London, claims Mr Spacey made advances towards her when she had been a production assistant on Broadway show Long Day's Journey Into Night in 1986.

Ms Edwards, who was 17 at the time, said she had been alone in a lift with the 27-year-old Mr Spacey when he had invited her to a "James Dean birthday party" in his flat.

When she had arrived, she said, there had been no-one else there.

Ms Edwards said she had consensually kissed Mr Spacey, but then had started to feel uncomfortable and asked when others would arrive..

"I said I want to go home and change. I felt pressured, and it became quite clear that his intention was to have sex with me. He became cold and said, 'Find your own way.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2018 2:29 AM

I dont really think the me too movement is fading ..........Spacey never really registered on my radar so not really into it, but there were so many allegations that I think his career is over. I believe he is going to be facing criminal charges. I hope his and Bryan singers careers are forever dead and other people in positions of power may start thinking twice before making unwanted advances.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2018 2:53 AM

Bryan Singer's career doesn't look like its ending anytime soon. He's still producing the X-Men movie and still has projects in the making.

MeToo isn't fading but it looks as if the media & public attention is - particularly with the downturn in social media usage. The fact that the Les Moonves story didn't get more traction shows how low the attention span is at the moment for any MeToo accusations. He is really one of the biggest names to get accused yet his story barely lasted two days in the media cycle.

by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2018 10:19 PM

Bryan Singer also isn't an actor, he can feasibly maintain whatever he's doing behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2018 2:28 AM

R84, John Lassiter wasn't an actor either but his career is just about done. This is one of the problems with MeToo/TimesUp... its hypocritical in who they go after. If you're still popular enough then you get to keep your career.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2018 11:02 PM

I have always admired him and I will never hate him.....and I'm suspicious about all these rumours about him because an extraordinary artist can't be so "creepy" or, at least, I don't want to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2018 9:07 PM

Oh, hi, Dianne @ R86!

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2018 9:14 PM

r86, I advise you to Google any number of "extraordinary" artists. Start with Caravaggio who, while not creepy, was an actual killer. Then maybe go to Picasso; he'll keep you busy for a while. Then maybe check out Polanski's movies, and read up on him. Shall I go on? Because I could...for hours.

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2018 9:40 PM

(R88) How can you judge Pablo Picasso, Roman Polanski (and all the others) ???? oh yes, I know, you "Google".... well I advise you to judge by yourself, if it's possible, and not by the social medias, because what it is said is not always objective and it 's just a "cliché". As for Picasso he was a lady's man and at that time it wasn't a crime and to me it is still not. Roman Polanski has always been attracted to young girls, and so what ? like the vast majority of straight men and at least they both were found of women, which is a quality nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2018 10:00 PM

I never hated him.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2018 10:04 PM

Yes Spacey is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2018 10:05 PM

R86 not creepy ! I remember watching spacey being interviewed with Richard Dreyfus upstairs at Old Vic and i was bizarrely creeped out by Spacey couldn't understand why at the time.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2018 10:06 PM

R91 revolting is quite a strong word. Creepy yes unfortunately but why revolting ?

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2018 10:14 PM

But why should we hate someone who have done nothing wrong to us ???? And all this crap because he "allegedly" pursued the annoying Anthony Rapp 30 years ago and nothing happened, that's the American tragedy/pathetic.....

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2018 10:23 PM

I think “despise” is probably a better word OP.

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2018 10:33 PM

(R91) Charles Manson was revolting, abject and beyond all these adjectives. NOT KEVIN SPACEY, he is not more of a "predator" than any of other males.

(R88) Let me tell you something regarding PABLO PICASSO AND ROMAN POLANSKI : men don't have to be told how to behave by women, teenagers and all these hypocrites (male or female).

by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2018 10:36 PM

I still like his work but I'm not blinded by what he's accused of. He definitely sexually harassed men.

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2018 2:07 AM

He CAME ON to men. Hardly a crime. We are so going backwards -- and this is coming from people who should know better.

by Anonymousreply 98August 19, 2018 4:33 PM

R96 You sound like a sociopath. "men don't have to be told how to behave by women, teenagers and all these hypocrites (male or female)."

Let me tell YOU something. My body is the only thing keeping me alive on this planet. People don't get to touch it without permission. If people are going to have sex with it they'd better be fucking nice about it. And yes, when it comes to their bodily autonomy people- of any kind, get to "tell men how to behave."

You utter fuckcunt.

by Anonymousreply 99August 19, 2018 4:45 PM

r98, Coming onto people when you are their boss is sexual harassment because their is a major power imbalance. But you go ahead and keep making excuses. I would bet that many of Spacey's defenders are sexual harassers/pedophiles themselves.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2018 4:47 PM

He's a major freak. A friend of mine worked at the Old Vic and said he was pathological.

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2018 4:47 PM

"Power imbalance." There we go again. Talk about pathetic.

GOT to be a woman. Men know how to take care of themselves in situations like this. Easily.

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2018 4:53 PM

R102 Yeah, that would explain why he has so many complaints against him eh? Why do I get the feeling you have charges pending for grabbing someone's ass at work?

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2018 5:03 PM

I'm perfectly happy for him to spend the rest of his life and his millions in seclusion.

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2018 5:06 PM

R102 No man has ever been fired, or had their career negatively impacted for not fucking Kevin Spacey I'm sure. I'd love to we you wriggle out of such a 'situation'. Easy Peasy.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2018 5:07 PM

Did it many a time and it wasn't that tough. And your mentality is pure McCarthyism, the old "If you won't go along with the program, you must be one of them" Fuck you. Sad goddam people still on this planet.

Never harassed a soul but am surrounded by aspiring actors every day so I know their games. And I'm nowhere near Kevin Spacey in terms of acclaim. I can see him thinking they are interested and then being rebuffed. And maybe even getting hurt by it. But these guys running to the press over it are assholes, including Rapp. Just like that bitch who tried to belittle Sarah Jessica Parker for yelling at her son videotaping her -- when there wasn't anything resembling a yell. So many people love being victims and, even better, taking down the more powerful in the process.

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2018 5:28 PM

I never loved him!

by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2018 6:03 PM

[quote] Coming onto people when you are their boss is sexual harassment because their is a major power imbalance. But you go ahead and keep making excuses. I would bet that many of Spacey's defenders are sexual harassers/pedophiles themselves.

If this were true, surely something would have come out of it by now. When these claims were first being reported on CNN, the staff and showrunner himself denied witnessing any workplace harassment. Spacey was simply admonished for unprofessional conduct which included a series of lewd jokes. Moreover, none of the alleged behavior at the Old Vic rose amounted to young actors who said he gave off a creepy vibe. Despite being within the statue of limitations, none of these accusations have risen to the level of criminal conduct according to those who have been investigating these claims for nearly a year now.

It's perfectly acceptable to hate on Spacey for his arrogance and assholery, which has been well documented in the past, but that is entirely different from lending credence to allegations of criminal conduct which, at this point, are unlikely to be proven. Personally, I only have disdain for those who play the homophobic card to target gay men, even if they choose to be in the closet. Being in the closet is not something I recommend, but I don't think it's my, or anyone elses' imperative, to force people out, especially if they are living an honest life outside the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote] Moreover, the alleged behavior at the Old Vic only amounted to young actors who said he gave off a creepy vibe

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2018 6:28 PM

They had to stop production on The Usual Suspects because he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2018 6:28 PM

(R99) wa wa wa wa wa bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla..........

(R106) : EXACT. And I think "they' did an over kill job on Spacey (like I said on another thread). He is a scapegoat, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2018 6:29 PM

R108 and R111 sound like a dash of sanity in a sea of pearl-clutching fraus (male and female).

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2018 6:32 PM

It bothered me that he refused to come out when people knew he was gay but I do not hate him for that. I do not believe he raped anyone.

I hate people like Vince Vaughn because he is Trumpaneez, like the hateful misfit, Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2018 6:36 PM

I am truly starting to believe that this is one more way for sad failures to get "Power" when they weren't able to in any other area of their lives, including the so-called "so many charges" against Spacey, not of which have gone anywhere criminally. You'll notice the one successful actor rumoured to have been a victim of Spacey's aggression, Rupert Graves, hasn't said a word; he doesn't need to, he gets plenty of attention. These other wannabes that didn't get far (so it must be Spacey's fault) seem to be the norm. And I guarantee there was some heavy flirting going on from their end.

For the record, does anyone REALLY believe that Mira Sorvino's career ended because Harvey Weinstein made it happen? Please. It was her own bad choices in projects and a lack of interest from the public, most of whom still don't know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2018 6:37 PM

His latest film made under $100 on opening weekend, so there might be your answer.

by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2018 6:37 PM

Why do gay guys always hate gay guys? Gays never support their own and I am thinking it is a weird flaw in the gay population.

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2018 6:37 PM

Yep, big time, R116. I always think back on my college days when at least once a year, someone would want to bring up in chapter that "gay sex" was going on in the house (or they had been hit on or whatever). We'd always talk them out of it but they really wanted to ruin some gay guy's life, take that power. And the odd thing is it was NEVER the redneck from South Georgia or the religious one or the good looking athlete who really was being lusted over; it was ALWAYS a fucking closet case who later came out and (when confronted by me) giggled it away like a funny anecdote.

I never forgave them nor wanted anything to do with them again. And, yeah, you see a lot of that on these boards too -- and it sure isn't Redneck Rightwingers writing it either. It's gay guys and women.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2018 6:46 PM

R117 Except what has Spacey done that was so anti gay? He's been inching his way out of the closet for more than a decade now and was part of the gay representation in his film and tv work. People should be more accepting about how one chooses to live their lives, whether they be gay or straight. Marriage is not for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2018 6:53 PM

Huh? I wasn't berating Spacey, I was berating the ones who keep enjoying his decline. Guess it wasn't clear; the gay ones in college would go after other gay ones and try to out them while the straight redneck ones didn't care one bit.

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2018 6:58 PM

Saw LA Confidential recently. His performance in that is still so compelling. One of the best death scenes ever.

by Anonymousreply 120August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

[R117] Except what has Spacey done that was so anti gay?

He declared I was the love of his life in front of the whole world, and I'm thinking, "Who is this guy?"

by Anonymousreply 121August 19, 2018 7:19 PM

PR working overtime... It's funny, actually. This guy's "peers" are conservative, no one's getting any younger, and he's become a major liability. He's just lucky he's not in jail and should enjoy that.

by Anonymousreply 122August 19, 2018 7:19 PM

What R115 said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 19, 2018 7:46 PM

Come on, that means nothing. A bad movie released on VOD and then in theaters, what did anyone expect? It was more suited to be a TV movie as it was in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 124August 19, 2018 7:57 PM

I am not conservative in any way. I am a Spacey fan and just because he made a pass at a cute guy, does not make me clutch my peals! It is usually pretty simple, if ssome fucker made a pass at you and made you unhappy...go get a lawyer, DON'T FUCKING WAIT 10 YEARS AND THEN GET ALL WHINEY!

by Anonymousreply 125August 19, 2018 8:01 PM

Very funny article from the Hollywood Reporter, thank you for that

by Anonymousreply 126August 19, 2018 8:12 PM

the heart wants what the heart wants. In this case, this guy's forgotten already.

by Anonymousreply 127August 19, 2018 8:21 PM

R101 Pathelogical in groping ?

by Anonymousreply 128August 19, 2018 8:49 PM

R111 I agree with you on Spacey being scapegoat and the 'elite' turning against him for some reason. This latest nail in his acting career reeks of setup to me. 10 cinemas in whole of USA, no publicity. Wall to wall news about how its only taken so little money relayed all around the world. Their letting him know, sending the message to him. He's gone underground never to be seen again, if ever. we will never know the full story.

by Anonymousreply 129August 19, 2018 9:07 PM

Audiences are fickle.

by Anonymousreply 130August 19, 2018 9:16 PM

He, like Harvey, has a book in there. I'd sure as shit read it. Hope he brings down some of those hypocrites that are enjoying this too much.

by Anonymousreply 131August 19, 2018 9:43 PM

R128 Pathological in manipulative games. He liked having people distressed.

by Anonymousreply 132August 19, 2018 9:45 PM

OK so let me get my head around this. The facts as they stand: On one hand we have 30+ complaints made against Kevin Spacey by men of unknown character.

On the other we have a statement about one complaint from Spacey saying, essentially "I don't remember the incident but that does sound like me."

Has he ever denied anything outright?

by Anonymousreply 133August 19, 2018 9:48 PM

r108, it doesn't matter that sexual harassment may not be considered a jailable offense. It is still a disgusting act. And if someone has committed that act repeatedly, they should be prevented from being hired in the future. Spacey's been accused by over a dozen people (including underage boys), yet you keep dismissing that volume as if it's no big deal. If Weinstein should be ostracized, so should Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 134August 19, 2018 9:52 PM

R123 No one is saying that Ansel Elgort or Taron Egerton's careers are dead. I don't buy the media's narrative that people hate Spacey so much, they wouldn't see a the film they ordinarily would have just because Spacey plays a small supporting role. The film was basically dumped on VOD and no one even knew it went to theaters.

by Anonymousreply 135August 19, 2018 11:41 PM

The film got more publicity from the scandal than it would have had from actual marketing.

by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2018 11:49 PM

That new movie is going to be a really juicy tax write off.

by Anonymousreply 137August 20, 2018 12:53 AM

Of course the movie did horribly at the box office, but that's because you don't need to see it at the theater. Its been on VOD since last month and everyone who wanted to see it saw it then.

R111 - The media is just kicking a man that's already down. But I'm actually glad that we're all witnessing this because it just another example of how horrible Hollywood really is. I don't think I'll ever view that industry positively ever again.

I'm with R134. Spacey lost his career because he was a serial sexual harasser, not because of what happened with him & Rapp 30 years ago. And we all need to really understand that. The nails in the coffin of his career were the Old Vic & House of Cards accusations because those were professional & recent in years. All the other stories were just dirt being thrown onto the coffin.

R108 - Groping is not as serious as Rape (he's no Weinstein or Cosby), but it is a sexual assault and it is a crime. And we have multiple police investigations regarding his behavior. But in order to get a conviction, you need evidence. With cases like this they're hard to prove. The Los Angeles & Nantucket investigations look like they aren't going anywhere. So that leaves London with six accusations but none have been referred to prosecutors so far. I'm giving that until the end of the year. Scotland Yard is going to need a pretty good case if they're going to opt for an extradition. So we'll have to wait & see.

R98 - Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they're sickos or pedophiles. Please stop being intellectually lazy.

R104 - This is the one thing that I am happy about. Unlike some of the other accused, Spacey got the picture & just went away. I'm actually appreciative of that. He's not trying to come back. Too many of the other #metoo cretins are trying to sneak their way back in and they need to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 138August 20, 2018 12:59 AM

This is probably old news to all of you but... Fuck a duck! That.... Just... If even half of its true...MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 20, 2018 1:40 AM

Word in London is that Spacey is planning a return engagement on the West End next year. On va voir.

by Anonymousreply 140August 20, 2018 2:38 AM

R106 agree with everything you said. Social media lynchmobs creep the fuck out of me. So many narcissistic cunts(like the bitch you mentioned who claimed SJP yelled at her) will go running to the media over the slightest incident. And of course social media outlets will take their word as the absolute, unwavering truth . The mob mentality is something out of a medieval village. And Im sick of this Victorian attitude that there is nothing worse in this world than an unwanted advance. Society lionized every idiot who gets groped at a bar as some sort of hero. Has this generation ever picked up a newspaper or history book?

by Anonymousreply 141August 20, 2018 3:13 AM

"Has this generation ever picked up a newspaper or history book? "

NOPE! And that's part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 142August 20, 2018 3:20 AM

R142 Rhetorical

by Anonymousreply 143August 20, 2018 3:26 AM

"Except what has he done that's so anti gay?

Um, maybe the fact that he straight up lied in multiple interviews about his sexuality because he thought it would reflect badly on his career. Remember when he told Playboy that he let women who think he's gay "turn" him?

"There are a few women who think the article might be true. For them, it's a challenge," Spacey says. "They want to be the ones to turn me around."

"[And] I let them."

Meanwhile he's literally sucking dick in the middle of a public park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 20, 2018 3:53 AM

R132 i dont like the sound of that. Sounds a bit Nazi cruel behaviour playing mind games. He sounds overall to have been rarther mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 145August 20, 2018 5:36 AM

R140 I would re check your 'word' from London on that dodgy news.

by Anonymousreply 146August 20, 2018 5:38 AM

He's a tortured soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 20, 2018 6:34 AM

Damn it! I have been told I look just like him several times. Now that look is going to work against me. And, its not like I can grow more hair, I am pretty much stuck with the same hair style. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2018 6:38 AM

R148 shave ur head ! If you've got brown eyes as well dont go to London, theyll freak out !

by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2018 6:51 AM

WHO??!!

by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2018 6:56 AM

I have a morbid curiosity about where Spacey is these days......

Is he even in the country anymore? Some tiny town in Europe? A private island? SOMEONE has to have spotted him somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 151August 21, 2018 10:13 PM

If he's anything like other serial sex offenders, he's probably been sent to a new parish with access to a children's hospital by now.

by Anonymousreply 152August 21, 2018 10:56 PM

Damn, that brother of his is seriously fucked up. He wrote a book called "A Moment in Time," and I'm glad Amazon has a refund policy.

by Anonymousreply 153August 23, 2018 7:03 PM

He deserves everything he gets, especially for using his perceived influence to divide and conquer, intimidate and exploit guys he wants to fuck.

Plus the most offensive part of it all is how he vehemently denied being gay for decades in the press and then "came out" when he got busted.

Another self loathing loser

by Anonymousreply 154August 23, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote] Plus the most offensive part of it all is how he vehemently denied being gay for decades in the press and then "came out" when he got busted.

It's baffling to me that this is what people are most outraged about.

by Anonymousreply 155August 23, 2018 7:14 PM

The brother decided the perfect time to release his "book" about how much he hates Kevin and tried to protect him from sexual abuse was when the press started hounding Spacey about the allegations. Says he hasn't seen his brother (or any of his family) for decades. Says he took the anal rape from his father to protect Kevin from undergoing the same fate. He's currently a cab driver in Boise. Thinks he looks like Rod Stewart and is often asked for autographs. ("Rod! What are you doing driving a taxi in Boise?!")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 23, 2018 7:18 PM

Kevin is/was one of the most interesting actors working. Seven years before The Usual Suspects he impressed the hell out of me on Wiseguy. The lesson here is don't fall in with bad company, your reputation never recovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 23, 2018 8:45 PM

I agree. Spacey is great. I thought he was amazing in American Beauty. Never saw him in Usual Suspects.

by Anonymousreply 158August 23, 2018 8:57 PM

I thought the whole fiasco where he was replaced in the Getty movie was fucking insanity . It was like something out of Stalinist Russia. And note, the shrieking hypocrites didn't give two fucks about the fact that the movie featured Mark Wahlberg, who never gave restitution to his victim. Only in this freak show society would permanently disabling someone be considered less offensive than groping someone at a bar. I'm tired of this nonsense that the minute a misbehavior involves sex, it's automatically worse. Bullshit. The Europeans for all their faults,are less hysterical about geese types of things. Can you imagine the Clinton impeachment happening in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 159August 23, 2018 9:09 PM

r155, what exactly baffles you? Unless you think it's perfectly okay that for decades he didn't just say nothing but pretended he was straight because he thought that being gay was the worst thing you could be. And when it turned out it was worse to be jumping on a minor, suddenly being gay was not only NOT the worst thing but some kind of explanation for the Rapp episode--as if being gay was something that would now protect him because being gay wasn't the stigma he thought it once was.

He's a worm in every way.

by Anonymousreply 160August 23, 2018 9:19 PM

Exactly r160, he didn't like the gay label until it suddenly became better than the label of being a sexual predator. He's an idiot for putting out that statement as if anyone doubted his sexuality in the first place, and his PR people are stupid for not seeing how it would completely backfire on him. It was a completely horrendous way to come out and it did nothing but harm for the gay community. It's not a shock that people are still mortified by it.

by Anonymousreply 161August 23, 2018 9:27 PM

Ugh, Rapp. Who else has taken the rap for Rapp? He said he was 14 when he went to Spacey's apartment in 1986 (when Spacey was 26). I don't believe much of what he says. Obv. Spacey has a problem. Gay men still don't come out in Hollywood for the simple reason that women want to believe their idol might one day show up in their neighborhood Stop N Shop and sweep them off their feet. And producers know this. Faustian Bargain. Gary doesn't Pay.

by Anonymousreply 162August 23, 2018 9:30 PM

Gay doesn't pay.

by Anonymousreply 163August 23, 2018 9:31 PM

I never liked him.

by Anonymousreply 164August 23, 2018 9:35 PM

Gay men and women can come out MUCH easier and with MUCH less fallout today, no thanks to scum like Spacey.

As for Rapp, I don't like him either and I think his motives are totally suspect and that he rode the coattails of honest women (excepting McGowan and Argento). But Spacey deserves his fall. Big time.

by Anonymousreply 165August 23, 2018 9:35 PM

It is kind of interesting to think about how different Spacey's career would have been had he come out back then. He wouldn't have gotten his two iconic roles (Keyser Soze and Lester Burnham).

by Anonymousreply 166August 23, 2018 9:38 PM

I don't know, Rapp seems to have been retelling his Spacey story for decades. In the original Buzzfeed article, the writer interviewed his friends and family members that all maintained that he had told them the same story years before. Why lie about something so random for decades? I believe the Rapp/Spacey story but like a lot of others I don't think it's the most serious one. It's just the one that gave the okay for others to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 167August 23, 2018 9:46 PM

"He wouldn't have gotten his two iconic roles (Keyser Soze and Lester Turnham)."

You can swear to this, r166? And who said he needed to come out? Many big actors simply said nothing. They didn't fucking LIE and then hit on every guy in the business.

by Anonymousreply 168August 23, 2018 9:52 PM

He actually did flat out lie about being gay in a Playboy interview. I can only imagine he felt the need to lie about it because it would influence the roles he got.

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2018 10:31 PM

It's not like he was ever a romantic hero material.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2018 10:33 PM

Also, I didn't say I thought he should have come out. I was just commenting on how his career might have been different if he did and how that might be the reason he lied. I agree that flat out denying and then groping guys is scumbag behavior.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2018 10:34 PM

Spacey's Bob in Arbitrage in Working Girl is who he is, finally, version homo. I don't mind a sleaze ball but he needs to have a big fat cock and be good in bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 23, 2018 11:19 PM

All that time he was just like Chris Cooper's character in American Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 173August 23, 2018 11:58 PM

Yes we still hate him and he is STILL fucked.

by Anonymousreply 174August 24, 2018 1:36 AM

R151 When i posted where i think spacey is, it got deleted !! I think he is still in usa, same state as walts castle.....mickey and minnie...

by Anonymousreply 175August 25, 2018 7:38 AM

So R172 how do u know? You saying spaceys not good in bed ??

by Anonymousreply 176August 25, 2018 7:41 AM

(R166) = It would be interesting to think about how different Marilyn Monroe's career would have been if she wouldn't have played "iconic" roles in "Seven years itch" or "Men prefer blondes". If Clark Gable wouldn't have played in "Gone with the wind", if if if if............Shall I go on ????? because it will take a few days....

by Anonymousreply 177August 25, 2018 10:33 AM

American Beauty is neither an iconic film nor is Stacey's character iconic.

by Anonymousreply 178August 25, 2018 9:51 PM

I meant Spacey, but I thin I prefer Stacey after all.

by Anonymousreply 179August 25, 2018 9:52 PM

American Beauty is a tragic comedy, nothing else and SPACEY is excellent.....like always.

by Anonymousreply 180August 25, 2018 10:25 PM

Always excellent? Did you see "Pay It Forward," r180?

by Anonymousreply 181August 25, 2018 10:58 PM

I still like his work as an actor. I find the over the top negativity more revealing about the posters than about Spacey. there appear, at times, to be higher expectations for a gay man than a straight man.

He's just human and just as big a fuck up as anyone else. The assaults are indefensible, but they are not made worse by being male actors instead of females. Hollywood's near lionizing of roué conduct isn't new. For decades, the gossip rags have made fortunes celebrating this very behavior.

Suddenly deciding it's wrong and therefore it was always wrong is Orwellian.

by Anonymousreply 182August 25, 2018 11:29 PM

"there appear, at times, to be higher expectations for a gay man than a straight man."

In what way, r182? I might remind you he denied he even was gay until he felt exposed as a sex offender.

"He's just human and just as big a fuck up as anyone else."

No, he'a a bigger fuckup. I don't know any gay man in my circle who's ruined himself the way he has.

"Suddenly deciding it's wrong and therefore it was always wrong is Orwellian."

Who's suddenly deciding it's wrong? Suddenly?

by Anonymousreply 183August 25, 2018 11:36 PM

r182 the expectations whether you're gay or straight are the same: Don't abuse your power to coerce anyone to have sex with you, and don't force yourself on anyone. It's not difficult.

The argument that the public's reaction would have been less severe if he had been straight is more than tired at this point. It's not homophobia that made his downfall so quick and serious, it was him and him alone. If 30 women came forward with the same allegations as Spacey's victims and accused a straight actor, that actor would be finished.

by Anonymousreply 184August 25, 2018 11:43 PM

When he is really old Hollywood will love him again like they did with Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 185August 26, 2018 8:47 PM

Kevin Spacey is not remotely on the level of iconic like Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 186August 26, 2018 8:50 PM

Come on, be fair, growing up it was just expected that one of the perks of being a Movie Star (and, even more so, a Rock Star) was that you got laid a lot. Just from people wanting a piece of you. Somewhere along the line you know that happened to Spacey and more than once. His so-called "crimes" are still minor; he just caught up in that ridiculous MeToo bullshit. If accusations came out now instead, he'd still be working. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 187August 26, 2018 8:50 PM

"Nobody cares."

Apparently, r187, people do.

by Anonymousreply 188August 26, 2018 9:08 PM

(R187) MeToo is going to be very negative, the varnish is cracking up : see Asia Argento and her recent "problem".....and I think it's only the beginning, that movement have had a big audience and publicity in 2018 but is going to "deflate"sooner or later (probably sooner).

by Anonymousreply 189August 26, 2018 9:47 PM

Spacey's career was down the shitter long before #MeToo. He was such a liability to have on set no one would work with him. Its why he went into theatre in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 190August 26, 2018 9:51 PM

R186 i never said he was on same level as Chaplin. I said it could be likely hollywood will recognise spacey when he is really old like they did with frail old chaplin at the Oscars in 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 191August 26, 2018 9:52 PM

I have zero empathy for Spacey. Forget Rapp. Even taking him out of the equation, Spacey made a second career out of sexually harassing underlings, hitting on other actors constantly...he was a nuisance and a sex pest. A week into moving to NYC, my then 19-year-old nephew was cruised and propositioned by Spacey.

Quite apart from #metoo, he was unprofessional and lecherous. Bye gurl.

by Anonymousreply 192August 26, 2018 9:54 PM

R190 rings true because Spacey himself admitted in newspaper interview that he did not get offered much during his time at Old Vic.

by Anonymousreply 193August 26, 2018 9:55 PM

R192 was your nephew an actor ? No excuses if he was.

by Anonymousreply 194August 26, 2018 9:58 PM

Everyone working on House of Cards knew it was just a matter of time before someone complained about him publicly. He couldn't even remain professional with crew on set. He was compelled to make any young , pretty twink in the vicinity feel scared of losing their job. He'd scream at them on top of his lungs about how lousy and incompetent they were, and that he could get them fired. Then find any excuse to get them alone. Deserved what he got and more.

by Anonymousreply 195August 26, 2018 10:04 PM

R192 = exactly the problem. He CRUISED your nephew? Eeek!!!! Gay panic with that celebrity edge so also makes a good anecdote. Bullshit pearl-clutchers.

by Anonymousreply 196August 27, 2018 12:46 AM

"An extraordinary artist...can't be that creepy."

Right on, R86!

by Anonymousreply 197August 27, 2018 1:25 AM

Sad that even after winning an Oscar he struck out so many fucking times...why couldn't he just be content with the ambitious and/or the star-fuckers who *would* put out? Or weren't there any?

by Anonymousreply 198August 27, 2018 2:17 AM

r196--you're full of shit. It wasn't until recently I even remembered my nephew telling me that story. To my nephew it was more like an anecdote--something sleazy and pathetic Kevin Spacey did.

No, my two huge objections I have for him are lying for years about being straight while trying to nail every guy who walked by, and then using finally coming out gay as a safety net now that it's officially okay to be so, just to beat a pedo charge.

It's not about my nephew or Anthony Rapp. It's about the thousands of other guys who were leched on and still had to deal with him.

And r194, my nephew was an actor at the time, but the incident was literally just off the street soliciting by Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 199August 27, 2018 3:20 AM

R190 His career was on the upswing. He had the final season of House of Cards, an upcoming movie where the actor who replaced him got an Oscar nom, an upcoming biopic about Gore Vidal, Billionare Boys Club which would have likely gotten a wider release, plus he was still doing television specials. His fame may have peaked in the 90s, but his career was on the right track after a series of flops in the early 2000s (although he did do some good work in little seen films). He likely would have come out on his own terms after the premiere of Gore, which could be a masterpiece for all we know. He may have even gotten an Oscar nominated for All the Money in the World.

by Anonymousreply 200August 27, 2018 7:35 AM

^And during all that he'd still be pretending he was straight.

by Anonymousreply 201August 27, 2018 12:54 PM

Oh no R195 that sounds awful. I've heard of Spacey screaming before in mens faces. He sounds cruel and manipulating. Joan crawford with her coat hanger cruel. He also sounds seriously mentally ill. I carn't believe i thought he was a 'good guy'. Shows how dangerously talented he is.

by Anonymousreply 202August 27, 2018 8:44 PM

R200 How could he EVER have come out sucessfully on his own terms when he literally has scattered 'victims' of varying degrees from varying decades all over the world ??????

by Anonymousreply 203August 27, 2018 8:57 PM

r203 raises a good point. No gay man, however previously closeted, could ever come out without fallout if he left as many victims in his wake as Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 204August 27, 2018 11:53 PM

Another episode of The Pearl Clutchers... tonight on DL!!

by Anonymousreply 205August 28, 2018 12:06 AM

Another episode of The Spacey Apologists... tonight on DL!!

Fixed that, r205.

by Anonymousreply 206August 28, 2018 12:52 AM

Baffling how many R206s there are on a gay site. "Hang him high!"

by Anonymousreply 207August 28, 2018 12:57 AM

Actually, cunt r207, I'm against Spacey's revolting denial of being gay until it suited him. It's called throwing people under a bus. Maybe that's something you're just too stupid to understand.

by Anonymousreply 208August 28, 2018 12:59 AM

He must be pretty repellent in the flesh to strike out so fucking much. Someone that famous would usually just lie back and let the admiring plebs throng them.

by Anonymousreply 209August 28, 2018 5:42 AM

Spacey has said in newspaper interviews over the years that his "whole life he has been walking a tightrope" I used to find that description baffling, as im not aware of other famous actors using that description. They usually talk of their fight, uphillclimb, sheer luck or harwork to fame. Maybe it was the closest Spacey has ever got to the truth of his life. Now we know, the tightrope is over a sea of 'victims' and the general public finding out is Spacey falling off his tightrope.

by Anonymousreply 210August 28, 2018 6:30 AM

[r 183] Robert Wagner is still working 40 years after his wife's convenient death with only 2 people onboard. In the same era, Americian and British politicians were outed and their careers ruined - no death involved: just dick.

Any actor has denied any hint of homosexuality for this reason: it's a career ender. Some camped it up, like George Hamilton did in "Zorro the Gay Blade". Other than Fatty Arbuckle, what straight male actor's career was shut down by a sex scandal prior to #metoo?

by Anonymousreply 211August 28, 2018 6:49 AM

R209 from the sound of things he wasn't into being charming or appealing ( which would have been easy for him) because he wanted them scared and coerced. He was turned on by that power dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 212August 28, 2018 11:03 AM

'I'm a Roman' Spacey would announce to minions, such was his conviction he could behave how he wished. He didn't just 'come on' to guys as his defenders here claim, he would choose those socially inferior and therefore vulnerable to his 'power', isolate them and apply constant unwanted pressure, their lack of interest was immaterial to him and his relentlessness was OCD level. If this didn't work he would cry uncontrollably, he was often found huddled in corners of the Old Vic in this state, the man is a pathetic and poisonous closet case and the mention of his name in the theater has long evinced grimaces. Those here scoffing at 'pearl-clutchers ' appear to be admirers of Spacey and what they see as his harmless wooing techniques, but his techniques mark him as a predatory loser who either got kicks from forcing himself on guys who had zero interest in him, or the closet had made him so twisted that furtive and unwanted groping was the only way he could express himself. If he was comfortable with himself, a man of his accomplishments and general appearance would find willing sexual partners aplenty, the fact he lived how he did reveals a very sad man. His fans here are fine with him because his non-stop sex pestering fell short of rape, happily society is moving away from that old time attitude.

by Anonymousreply 213August 28, 2018 12:14 PM

r211, there's a difference between not saying anything about your sexuality and lying about it and pretending you're straight and pretending you're dating women. And it's NOT a career ender anymore and hasn't been for years.

by Anonymousreply 214August 28, 2018 12:50 PM

Do we have a diagnosis? Or diagnoses? The picnics on the stage thing sounded kinda crackers...

by Anonymousreply 215August 28, 2018 1:03 PM

Is the Gore Vidal thing in the can? I'd like to see it if it is.

by Anonymousreply 216August 28, 2018 1:10 PM

Gore Vidal had a thing for young twinks as well.He used to spy on his younger neighbor who would sunbathe naked.

I imagine Spacey playing that guy wouldn't go over well.

by Anonymousreply 217August 28, 2018 11:17 PM

Amazing how the sjw twitter mob demanded that spacey be erased out of the Getty movie, as if this were Stalinist Russia. But they say nothing about the casting of the psycho Mark Wahlberg, who never gave restitution to his victim. Only in American freak show culture would spaceys actions be considered worse.

by Anonymousreply 218August 29, 2018 12:01 AM

R218 - that's because Americans are the descendants of Puritans.

Sex - TABOO!! Violence - YAY!!

by Anonymousreply 219August 29, 2018 12:39 AM

R213 Thank you for sharing, its very tragic situation. He clearly needed rehab decades ago. Why didn't his close associates family ?or minions get him in rehab ? I worked in theatre years ago, to think Spacey was huddled in corners of the Old Vic crying is very shocking to me. It must have been hell for employees. He sounds worse than Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 220August 29, 2018 7:03 AM

r218/r219, I never thought Wahlberg deserved a pass for what he did. Your sweeping statement about "America" is tired.

by Anonymousreply 221August 29, 2018 12:25 PM

R213 - Where the hell do you get this crazy information from? It doesn't make any sense. If anyone was that far gone they wouldn't have been able to cross the road unsupervised, let alone be artistic director of a major theatre company.

by Anonymousreply 222August 29, 2018 12:37 PM

R22 He was.... Not good at his job.

by Anonymousreply 223August 29, 2018 5:02 PM

r220 When you have enough money it's easy for people to look past bad behavior. They'd rather see the dollar signs.

by Anonymousreply 224August 29, 2018 10:37 PM

Who can I bribe at Netflix to leak the Gore film?

by Anonymousreply 225August 29, 2018 10:38 PM

The filming of Gore was finished, but the editing never was. So its an incomplete movie.

by Anonymousreply 226August 29, 2018 11:12 PM

R213 i believe you ! R222 A spacey minion ?

I can totally believe ceasar Spacey saying 'im a roman'.

by Anonymousreply 227August 30, 2018 5:56 PM

Robin Wright just went on the record saying Spacey deserves a second chance.

by Anonymousreply 228August 31, 2018 6:07 PM

R228 i think something is going on behind the scenes..... Spacey has recently changed his official website ...... then this.....

by Anonymousreply 229September 1, 2018 8:11 AM

Just hitting on someone in a social setting is one thing, but to add in threatening their career/livelihood to the mix in an effort to intimidate them? Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 230September 1, 2018 10:27 AM

R230, here's the problem.... I still haven't heard anyone say they got fired or demoted because they rejected his advances. I understand people don't like him but we need to stop projecting what we think and go by what we know for a fact.

by Anonymousreply 231September 1, 2018 1:38 PM

R231 The woman made the same claim against George Clooney which no one verified. At least she risked public scrutiny by coming forward publicly. Most of Spacey's accuser's have simply slinked back into their holes.

by Anonymousreply 232September 1, 2018 4:18 PM

R231 is right. All this yack, still no proof of ANYTHING. Dangerous times.

by Anonymousreply 233September 1, 2018 5:14 PM

Well, the last woman who spoke out against Nespresso boy was shot and killed by police, so.

by Anonymousreply 234September 1, 2018 5:54 PM

I have a theory that he's in a country where paparazzi are against the law. Dubai maybe. How has he not been spotted anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 235September 1, 2018 10:51 PM

Rumour is that he is returning to the London stage during 2019

by Anonymousreply 236September 1, 2018 11:01 PM

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.......Kevin SPACEY will come back as if nothing happened, it's a question of time.

by Anonymousreply 237September 1, 2018 11:18 PM

Don't be so sure .

"Prosecutors in California are reviewing a second sexual assault case against the actor Kevin Spacey that includes allegations he attacked a man in Malibu."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 2, 2018 12:17 AM

Lots of "investigating", nothing coming out of it. This MeToo movement is such bullshit. And, let's face it, there is still an underlying belief that men can/should be able to take care of themselves in such situations. So the "attack in Malibu" seems like one more pussy wanting victim status. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 239September 2, 2018 5:00 PM

He'll never see a judge for any of this. There's no way to verify the events took place even though they most certainly did. Regardless, he won't be back.

by Anonymousreply 240September 2, 2018 5:36 PM

Maybe he should drop the rug now.

by Anonymousreply 241September 2, 2018 5:40 PM

I don't really give a fuck. If he stars in a decent movie, I will see it. I thought the way he was erased from the Getty movie was the height of fucking retardation. Americans will happily buy a new device every month made in sweatshops by Vietnamese children but wag a puritanical finger over the antics of movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 242September 2, 2018 5:44 PM

Maybe he should just drop dead. We won't miss him then, either.

by Anonymousreply 243September 2, 2018 7:09 PM

(R24) "WE" won't miss him then, either.

Speak for yourself, "we" is not necessary, you only represent yourself. I miss him since the beginning of all these "stories" about Kevin SPACEY....and I'm tired of all that bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 244September 2, 2018 9:25 PM

R238, the count so far in investigations is 9 - 6 in London, 2 in Los Angeles and 1 in Nantucket. Its obvious that Spacey did something. However, the fact that he's not been arrested, particularly when we are nearing the 1 year anniversary mark of the #metoo reckoning. The lack of an arrest can mean that (1)there is little evidence to prove a case and/or (2)he committed a lower level sex crime which has to be prosecuted within a year of the incident or else its thrown out. The most recent accusations from 2016 came from Nantucket & Los Angeles. If it was just simple groping, then the period of time to prosecute those crimes is over.

by Anonymousreply 245September 3, 2018 2:22 AM

I'm still laughing at the rich Frau newsanchor who had a meltdown over Spacey coming onto her precious snowflake adult son. I've experienced unwanted advances as an adult and wouldn't dream of calling my mother to whine. She sure did seem to like the attention though.

by Anonymousreply 246September 3, 2018 2:43 AM

246 - She was unemployed at the time and I think she got a job out of it.

In 2013 Unruh helped to establish Stand With Everyone Against Rape (SWEAR), a non-profit organization promoting speaking out against rape.

I suspect the kid went out with false ID, came home drunk and then used the old "someone touched my no-no" as a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 247September 3, 2018 12:33 PM

R247, I'm from Worcester, MA and I know who Heather Unruh is. She's still unemployed. However she's still a presence at a few charity functions around Boston.

I dont think Spacey's innocent, but I still feel that whatever happened that night at the Club Car Restaurant may have been mixed signals between the young man & Spacey. The Club Car wasn't an official gay spot, but it was definitely known as a gay meeting place for dinner & drinks. And the way she tells the story, I could understand if Spacey thought her son was hitting on him.

by Anonymousreply 248September 3, 2018 5:53 PM

You're being naive R222, there are many functioning ( after a fashion ) sex addicts in all walks of life. As I said Spacey has had a terrible reputation in theatrical circles for many years and stories of his heavy-handed ways are very commonplace among theatrical professionals. It may sound crazy to you but sadly many well appointed figures are less that decent and often not suited for their position.

by Anonymousreply 249September 3, 2018 6:29 PM

I don't think Spacey is or was a sex addict. I think he wasn't getting enough after being single practically his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote] I don't think Spacey is or was a sex addict. I think he wasn't getting enough after being single practically his whole life.

Spacey is not hideous looking but it's probably harder for him to be in a relationship since he's not attracted to people close to his age.

by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2018 6:41 PM

I think he's just a fucked up freak with no idea what mutual consent really is on account of his pedophile, Nazi father.

by Anonymousreply 252September 3, 2018 6:50 PM

This is going to be a really lousy finish to a pretty good show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 6, 2018 6:58 AM

yes, for all eternity!

by Anonymousreply 254September 6, 2018 7:24 AM

Is KEVIN SPACEY really attempting a come back ? (persistent rumours in Europe).

by Anonymousreply 255September 22, 2018 2:30 PM

I never liked him. After subjecting myself to the shitfest known as The Usual Suspects, I avoided everything he was in except American Beauty and House of Cards (which I stopped watching when they killed Meechum).

by Anonymousreply 256September 22, 2018 2:33 PM

Still fucked.

by Anonymousreply 257September 23, 2018 5:03 PM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 258September 23, 2018 5:05 PM

"I'm still laughing at the rich Frau newsanchor who had a meltdown over Spacey coming onto her precious snowflake adult son. I've experienced unwanted advances as an adult and wouldn't dream of calling my mother to whine. She sure did seem to like the attention though."

You clearly don't know much about her. She's a very nice person and not a famewhore. And sticking your hand down someone's pants isn't just "unwanted advances" - it's adult. Only a sociopath would defend Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 259September 23, 2018 5:07 PM

"Amazing how the sjw twitter mob demanded that spacey be erased out of the Getty movie, as if this were Stalinist Russia."

What twitter mob? It was Ridley Scott who wanted to erase him from the movie, because he thought it would hurt the movie's bottom line. You have to have a very low IQ to think editing someone out of a movie is "Stalinist" or that disapproving of child molestation and sexual assault makes someone an "sjw"

Using "sjw" as a slam pretty much guarantees that you are a Trumpster with a low IQ

by Anonymousreply 260September 23, 2018 5:10 PM

He's not coming back , he was let go from public consciousness very easily , he doesn't have the kind of fans Woody Allen and Michael Jackson does, those stans are determined to keep their beloved's names clean if they can. The debate here seems more about DL oldsters defending their own clumsy and unwanted advances, that mixed with the 'PC gone mad', 'SWJ' stuff that endlessly winds them up, debates here are often clouded in that way. Times change, sometimes drastically, and the social changes we are living through presently are sweeping old school values aside, call it PC or SWJ but it's really about respect, Spacey had none for his targets and his reputation is in the toilet as a result.

by Anonymousreply 261September 23, 2018 5:25 PM

No - I don't hate Spacey anymore. Throw him a few crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 262September 23, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote] What twitter mob? It was Ridley Scott who wanted to erase him from the movie, because he thought it would hurt the movie's bottom line. You have to have a very low IQ to think editing someone out of a movie is "Stalinist" or that disapproving of child molestation and sexual assault makes someone an "sjw"

The Twitter mob is relatively small. They use outrage to cause waves but the country is going through outrage fatigue at the moment and their attacks are becoming less and less consequential. if you factor in the opinions of average people, most either will continue not to care about Spacey, or think that these accusations are overblown. Notice that all the people piled on Spacey never liked him even during his career peak. Scott made the decision to cut out Spacey not because of any Twitter mob but because he works in Hollywood and has to play by their rules.

The Twitter mob gets outraged over everything. They wanted Scott to replace Christopher Plummer as well after he made a statement that showed empathy toward Spacey and his alleged victims. Christopher Plummer is in good standing in Hollywood so that gained no traction in the media.

by Anonymousreply 263September 23, 2018 5:49 PM

Still hate him, yeah. Always have, always will.

by Anonymousreply 264September 23, 2018 6:25 PM

(R264) Is he the only actor that you hate ??????

by Anonymousreply 265September 23, 2018 8:11 PM

Just caught him at the end of "Se7en" and was reminded of his genius. He'll be back. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 266September 23, 2018 8:15 PM

Yup.

Still hate him.

by Anonymousreply 267September 23, 2018 9:06 PM

r265 other actors annoy me but Spacey I actively dislike.

r266, you see "Pay It Forward"? I hope he never comes back.

by Anonymousreply 268September 23, 2018 9:08 PM

R218 but Wahlberg has great abs!

by Anonymousreply 269September 25, 2018 12:45 AM

Why the hate? Like we all don't troll for cock? Ok...the minor thing (Adam Rapp) was wrong, but I doubt he knew how old he was as he was drunk and coked up........ Besides, what parent let's their 14 year old go to a mans appartment for a party....not an excuse, but just the facts.

by Anonymousreply 270September 25, 2018 12:52 AM

Never hated him though I probably would if I knew him personally. He seems like a real son of a bitch, which might explain why he always plays that sort of role so brilliantly. Kev will be back. It's like the old Universal horror movies. Every time you think the monster is dead, a new sequel comes out with the horrible beast's return.

Still enjoy his films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 25, 2018 1:26 AM

I'm guessing he's checking in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 25, 2018 1:58 AM

Yes OP we still hate Spacey. He's a filthy, predator pig and is getting exactly what he deserves.

The only thing I keep wondering is how the fuck did Byran Singer manage to escape unscathed because we all know there is mucho pedofile nasty stuff lucking there...

by Anonymousreply 273September 25, 2018 4:32 AM

Because Spacey was caught up in the bad timing of MeToo at its most hysteric. He's still being persecuted for hitting on men. Which is an odd thing to cheer on a (mostly) gay site. Annoying maybe but far from the mess it has become for him.

by Anonymousreply 274September 25, 2018 3:54 PM

He's an ass for not coming out until he was accused of being a pedophile

by Anonymousreply 275September 25, 2018 4:14 PM

r274, it was the Rapp thing that did him in. I personally have no time for Anthony Rapp and how he went about glomming on #metoo and riding the backs of others before him who have real stories to tell. But Rapp was what did him in. Rapp was a teenager. That, and the fact that for decades after that Spacey constantly preyed on crew people and others who had to work with him. Oh, and there was another story involving someone young guy, maybe legal age...bottom line, it's his overall leechy and unprofessional behavior that did Spacey in, and Rapp lit the match.

by Anonymousreply 276September 26, 2018 5:54 PM

R274 I wonder why out of all the people they could have targeted during the metoo craze, why would they go after such low hanging fruit like Spacey? Especially if we are going to persecute people for crimes that are decades old. Rock musicians from the 60s and 70s especially, had impressionable groupies at arms length whenever they wanted sexual gratification. If someone would bust open that door, that whole industry would collapse.

by Anonymousreply 277September 26, 2018 6:06 PM

I'm not convinced that the people who hate Spacey now didn't already hate him before these allegations became public. Most people either don't have an opinion or still support him.

by Anonymousreply 278September 26, 2018 6:08 PM

Which is a problem for most of these guys who made enemies along the way. MeToo has become a convenient way to bury them. You'll never convince most guys give a shit about this stuff especially the treatment of women (in the movie business anyway).

by Anonymousreply 279September 26, 2018 6:10 PM

R275 He had no choice but to come out in wake of the allegations considering all his alleged victims were male. His only other choice was to not speak up at all, which is what he's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 280September 26, 2018 6:10 PM

Yes, r278, I for one have said here that I absolutely hated him before, because of his harassment of men I knew or knew about. And his lying about being straight. So frankly I could care less how it went down for him, as long as he's down.

by Anonymousreply 281September 26, 2018 6:12 PM

In other words, r278: bad timing for him, but it couldn't happen to a bigger prick.

by Anonymousreply 282September 26, 2018 6:13 PM

He alienated a lot of people in the industry, not so much fellow actors but those behind the scenes, since his predatory behaviour on sets was legendary and disruptive. And, no, I'm not referring to something I read here or another gossip board but what a TV producer told me personally. She also mentioned another gay predator with a questionable taste in men whom we often discuss here (no prizes for guessing who it is - too easy.)

by Anonymousreply 283September 26, 2018 6:17 PM

R283 Hugh Jackman?

by Anonymousreply 284September 26, 2018 6:18 PM

No, a director.

by Anonymousreply 285September 26, 2018 6:25 PM

Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 286September 26, 2018 7:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!