Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Voice Makes Me Cringe

Do I really have “internalized homophobia” if I just cannot be attracted to a guy with gay voice?

I started chatting with a good looking, tall, fit guy, early 30’s, on Grindr last week while he was visiting my city from the east coast. We had a lot in common and really hit it off.

We even talked about our dating preferences! But when we spoke on the phone, I was immediately turned off by his voice. He sounded VERY gay, and n matter how Gardner I try, I just immediately lose interest in any guy who sounds like that.

I’d much rather date an average looking guy who speaks normally, than an hot/above average looking guy who sounds like a 14-year old valley girl.

by Anonymousreply 177August 25, 2018 5:18 PM

AGREED 100%. I like men, they don't have to be giant, butch, testosterone monsters, but fem queen girls - are not men. If I'm gay, why would I want a female-adjacent?

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2018 5:59 PM

Yes, OP, you have internalized homophobia. Can you answer the question “Why aren’t you attracted to them?”

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2018 6:02 PM

Makes me cringe too. It’s an affect like vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2018 6:03 PM

I agree OP. And I'm a top.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2018 6:04 PM

It's a dick wilter for me too OP, but DL is probably not the place to bring that up.

And when the visual doesn't go with the audio, it seems like one of those Freaky Friday movies where someone wound up in the wrong body.

Some guys have had that voice since birth, others seem to acquire it when they come out.

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2018 6:06 PM

R1 is a horrible person. I’m a “normal sounding” guy, and it’s interesting how many guys over the years have felt comfortable saying similar things to me that OP and R1 said.

Those guys don’t get second dates with me. I’d much rather date a nelly queen who’s secure in himself than a self-loathing douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2018 6:06 PM

I made an effort after I came out to date extremely femme men - just to challenge my internalized homophobia. Glad I did because it did help me face that cringing sensation and understand what drives it. I developed a great respect for femme queens as I saw how much more directly and harshly they are exposed to homophobia. As a “masc” gay man, I realized being able to “pass” made my life much easier - but also prevented me from being truly out and proud.

With that said, I did end up with a semi-masc guy - but one who is a total theater queen and very gay in certain ways that I am not. If I had not learned to challenge my “cringe” response, I may not have been open enough to date him - and he is the love of my life for 20+ years.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2018 6:08 PM

I'm gay and I've known so many gay men. I lived in San Francisco and New York - lots of gay voice. I like gay men and gay voice just seems part of the package. That's me. I do understand. Different things work for different people.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2018 6:10 PM

Yes, you do. And you make me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2018 6:12 PM

[quote] nelly queen who’s secure in himself

That sounds like the most repulsive person I can imagine

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2018 6:14 PM

It is not an “affect.” It is just how some of us talk.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2018 6:15 PM

[quote] guy who sounds like a 14-year old valley girl.

I don't mind if a guy has a slightly effeminate speaking voice, but the guys who camp it up and start using teenage girl expressions and buzzwords, I get so turned off. I saw a guy standing in line with his friends at the movie theatre. In his 30s, very muscular, with a beard and all. I thought he was good-looking until he opened his mouth and started sounding like some chick from the movie "Clueless." He was using the same dialogue and affectations as a high school girl and saying "Right?!!" in response to everything his friend was saying.

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2018 6:15 PM

I love dick, and I love ass. I love my dick in a guy's ass, and his dick in mine. I love so suck, and I wish my mouth was full of cum every day. However, the super fem gay voice - ugh, such a huge turnoff. I'm zero homophobic, I guess it's just a personal preference thing.

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2018 6:15 PM

There are as many "gay voices" as there are gay men on Earth, so the premise of the question doesn't work for me. There are gay voices that make me cringe, gay voices I don't mind and gay voices I like.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2018 6:16 PM

If you open your mouth and a sparkly, rainbow purse falls out, keep walking. I don't care how hot you are - unless you're cool duct-taping your mouth shut while we fuck.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2018 6:17 PM

gurl, playze - many of the queeny types I've known over the years have BFs and lots of friends, whereas the totally butch str8 seeming gays are often lonely.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2018 6:28 PM

[quote]There are as many "gay voices" as there are gay men on Earth ... there are gay voices that make me cringe, gay voices I don't mind, and gay voices I like.

r14 gets it right for me. Gay men come in all stripes and flavors.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2018 6:32 PM

Totally agree r17

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2018 6:35 PM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2018 6:47 PM

[quote]That sounds like the most repulsive person I can imagine

I’m just going to take a wild guess here, but you’re still in the closet, aren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2018 7:21 PM

[quote]I'm zero homophobic

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2018 7:22 PM

[quote] Sure, Jan.

This is exactly the type of queeny thing that wold have been overheard in the conversation that made me cringe. It's not so much the voice, it's the things you say.

by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2018 7:51 PM

100% R22. Guys who sound "gay" but who are otherwise intelligent and chill are not the problem. It's the ones who feel the need to act like gay minstrels/caricatures of teenaged girls who are the dick wilters.

They're the ones who post "gurl. please" and "Miss Bradley Cooper" on DL.

They're like a completely different species. I meet guys like that and have no idea what to say to them.

Though I get that many DLers feel the same way about straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2018 8:00 PM

Imagine growing up a South Sider with gay voice. Yeah. I'm your Irish Cat-tho-lic Aunt Bea with Tourette's Syndrome.

When I tell you to eat a bag of dicks, it sounds like a dinner invitation!

by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote]the ones who feel the need to act like gay minstrels/caricatures of teenaged girls

I live in a large city and go to lots of gay bars and I know lots of gay people but I almost never encounter the type of gay person r23 references. There's all kinds of freaky people in this world and gays certainly have their share - but it seems like r23 is trying very hard to finds something not to like.

Whatevers - I'm up next at the gay minstrels just behind all the gay valley girls. ..

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2018 8:13 PM

South Sider?

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote] I live in a large city and go to lots of gay bars

No one goes to gay bars anymore. They're dying.

And I suspect that if you're the type who does go to gay bars, then your bar for "gay minstrel" is so high the rest of us need binoculars to see it.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2018 8:15 PM

If you're gay, you have a gay voice. Use it for something other than to tear down others.

by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2018 8:17 PM

When I was in my 20s and living in West Hollywood, I strived for a gay voice. And sassy gay way of talking. And cliché gay expressions.

When I moved back to SF, became a professional, and traveled the world I realized it caused people to stereotype me and think less of me.

I've lessened it more and more and kinda agree with the OP now. Nothing more grating that hearing some queen babble on and on about Slaying This and Slaying That.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2018 8:19 PM

The gay bars are filling up again because everyone is sick of Grindr and relying they don’t work for finding someone special who isn’t just looking for a hook up. At least that’s what I’m seeing in NYC after years of decline.

I seem to see gay minstrels in LA and some small towns more. Not sure why. It seems like a self-defensive act in some cases.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2018 8:20 PM

My little niece exhibits cattle competitively. There is this one man who judges the cattle at a few shows where she's competed. He's breaking ground, as you can count the number of out gay livestock judges on one hand. But he is SO femme, and has "gay voice" to the 10th degree. When he selected the grand champion steer at one show, he blew a handful of glitter on it! If you knew the amount of work it takes to get a show steer's hair just right, you'd be very pissed lol.

However, the kids enjoy his flamboyant style of judging, much more than some adults. And it's a good sign for the future of agriculture and the livestock world that the kids today are perfectly fine with a openly gay man working in their industry.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]No one goes to gay bars anymore. They're dying.

Don't be bitter r27 ..

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote]the kids today are perfectly fine with a openly gay man working in their industry.

The more acceptance in society the less gay voice there will be. Gay voice is really gay-ghetto voice.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2018 8:36 PM

"Looks like Tarzan, sounds like Jane.:"

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2018 8:40 PM

Tell that to the little theater queens in any high school today, r33.

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2018 8:40 PM

Would you classify that David Bromstad guy from HGTV to have extreme gay voice? Is IT offputting to you? "Too" gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2018 8:41 PM

Went to a gay car club showing a movie at a drive in. There were mostly old gays in their 50s and 60s. I think when gay men reach a certain age they just don't care what other think. I overheard some old screamer prattling on about Penny Pingleton and Hairspray in his gay voice. The gays love pop culture references.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2018 8:43 PM

r36 I think that David Bromstad is really hot and I love to hear him talk and I love his laugh. I think sometimes he's a little over the top but he's an entertainer and it's fun to watch ...

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2018 8:45 PM

In my experience, gays with stereotypical gay voice are much more upfront and aggressive when it comes to picking up guys.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2018 8:46 PM

Agree with R6.

All of you with your SO manly, butch voices can't really hide your glaring insecurities. "And I'm a top", indeed.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2018 8:52 PM

Ross Matthews has a gay voice. Tim Gunn's gay voice is from stretching out the vowels.

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2018 8:55 PM

R12/R22, I hope you realize that the things you say make me cringe at least as much as the things I say make you cringe.

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2018 9:00 PM

The worse is when a “dominant top” comes over and he has gay voice UGH!

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2018 9:04 PM

Most people don't know what they sound like. A close friend for 20 years has no idea of his gay voice, but makes fun of others who sound, as he says "like screaming queens."

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2018 9:08 PM

The way to get rid (if you want) of gay voice is to "sink in" your chest when you speak. Maybe that'll make sense. I had a lisp, and other speech impediments and my speech therapist taught me that trick when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2018 9:12 PM

Thanks r45

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2018 9:14 PM

Serious question: since for many gays, "gay voice" begins in early childhood, has the medical community ever figured out why that is, e.g., why do some gay men have gay voice from birth and others never do?

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2018 9:18 PM

Although I hear plenty of young people with gay voice I think it's more common with older gays. The experience in being gay has changed enormously since WW2 and mannerisms have changed as well.

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2018 9:18 PM

[quoet]The experience in being gay has changed enormously since WW2 and mannerisms have changed as well.

Much the way DL has changed over the years. The things people talk about. How they write. Expressions have changed. It's very different now from 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2018 9:20 PM

r49 - I totally agree. DL is a good barometer ..

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2018 9:23 PM

There are several actors who have gay voice and it has worked for them. John Malkovich being one of them.

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2018 9:25 PM

I think it's always interesting when a straight guy has a gay voice. Very intriguing .

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2018 9:26 PM

Is gay voice a worldwide phenomenon? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2018 9:38 PM

R53, yes.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2018 9:40 PM

No, it is not homophobia. A feminine voice on a masculine body is like tuna fish with peanut butter. It doesn’t mean you don’t like tuna fish or peanut butter because you dislike them together.

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2018 9:41 PM

R45 is correct. I had a slight lisp and a gay accent as a teenager. I got rid of it with a few voice lessons and lots of breathing practice. Speak from the chest, don't get anxious and fast talking and don't allow your face to animate all your thoughts. My profession requires me to be an adequate speaker that can impart information attractively.

I think gay voice is both cultural and an unconscious mimicking of the feminine from quite a young age. It can be unlearned. But it doesn't have to be. It was important to me, but I find all kinds of guys attractive. Vicious queen is not a vocal sound, it's a state of being. I avoid them. But there are lots of masculine, handsome men with great bodies who are still obviously gay. To dislike someone for being who they are is homophobic.

Gay mannerisms are a different thing. I've never called another man girl or she and I'm not a drag queen or a flamboyant circuit dude. I do think when men get more comfortable with each other some of the protective hyper masculinity often drops and that can be comforting and sexy. I don't really think it is generational, go on youtube There are lots of 14 years olds with gay voice. I also don't believe that gay voice is a barometer of how masculine you are.

That said many vocal affectations and even vocal timbre can be changed if it bothers you sufficiently.

by Anonymousreply 56August 8, 2018 9:44 PM

[quote]I've never called another man girl or she

Gurl, at the same time, we mustn't lose our sense of humor and get too serious.

Being butch doesn't mean being a dull bore.

by Anonymousreply 57August 8, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote] Is gay voice a worldwide phenomenon? Curious.

r53 I've also wondered this. I think may aristocrats in the French Court had gay voice. I'm sure many early popes had gay voice. Maybe Caligula or Nero too .... or maybe I've just seen to many movies. !!

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2018 9:55 PM

[quote]Being butch doesn't mean being a dull bore.

Unless of course you are a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 59August 8, 2018 9:56 PM

R53 yes Nearly all the men in the phillipines have gay voice and they Love their Pageants..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 8, 2018 9:58 PM

r56 - Lovely and thought post !!

by Anonymousreply 61August 8, 2018 10:00 PM

Thoughtful too !!

by Anonymousreply 62August 8, 2018 10:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 8, 2018 10:59 PM

A female friend of mine who used to work as a phone sex operator back in the 80s and early 90s said that a large percentage of her co-workers (who were also phone sex operators) were gay men because they could mimic older and dominate female voices so well. It made me laugh to think that some straight guy getting his rocks off on the other end would have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 64August 8, 2018 11:10 PM

Gay voice is fine and can even be euphonious with its characteristic sibilance and high pitch. It's when gay voice is combined with upspeak, vocal fry, and a teenage lexicon while spoken at an inappropriately loud, attention-seeking volume that makes me want to slap the purse right out of a guy's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 65August 8, 2018 11:38 PM

Calm down girl r65 !! Do you also feel like pulling his shirt off if it's too gay? and maybe slapping him around a little just to get his attention? Sort of like Joan Crawford? "I told you no upspeak !! Whap "And no vocal fry you attention seeking whore !!" Whap whap !!

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2018 12:57 AM

I'm going out tonight and it's a big date. I'm so nervous I'm going to practice my euphonious voice with its characteristic high pitch sibilance. But what shall I wear? Hmm .. these white go-go boots are fun and they go well with with my favorite fringed vest and fishnet t-shirt. Yay Yay I am Gay !!

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2018 1:06 AM

R29 spelled it out in an undeniable manner and the rest of you promptly ignored him. Take a lesson from him, ladies. There's a guy at the local grocery store who's so screamingly nasal and loudband fem that it's literally painful to the ears whenever he makes an announcement over the store's PA system . Gay Voice exists and it needs to stop unless your intended career is drag queen or as replacement for Richard Simmons . Nobody wants to hire or fuck that.

R60 reminds me of one more reason why Asians are such dick wilters.

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2018 1:16 AM

r68 - florists and wedding planners too ...

But you got the Asian part wrong you're sort of nasty so I'm sorry -your contract isn't being picked up. We need someone more youthful with a better personality ...

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2018 1:24 AM

Is gay a choice?

Is gay voice a choice?

Are gay mannerisms a choice?

Is dressing gay a choice?

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2018 1:25 AM

I have that stupid voice from being exposed to too many females while growing up unlike normal gay guys who were around more men like straight men typically are. I'm thinking about therapy to fix the problem.

It's not a gay thing. It's a being fucked over and isolated from you male peers and ONLY allowed to be around fucking girls thing.

Fucking stupid and annoying and ruined my life.

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2018 1:27 AM

You hung around dumb straight women obsessed with hair, diets, nails and men, R71. Find smarter women to consort with. There are a few hidden gems among the lesbians, although DL with a few exceptions tends to vilify the dykes.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2018 1:40 AM

r70, r71 Yes - gay voice can be modified. I went to a speech therapist and just like the posters up thread when I started speaking from my chest cavity and not my throat I sounded a lot better. Just that one thing ... r56 made several good points. If you Google "gay voice" tons of interesting things.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2018 1:41 AM

r72 - you are so right. I wish my mother has been a lesbian with a nice deep voice !!

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2018 1:42 AM

Gay voice is artificial. Nothing you are born with. I know some boys speaking normal but since the first time they went to a gay club start speaking gayish. I guess people with gay voice think they have to do it just because other do it. Reminds me of parrots. It is for show, nothing they have to.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2018 1:43 AM

Sucking dick is artificial but I enjoy ...

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2018 1:48 AM

Sucking dick is natural

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2018 1:50 AM

Oh good - I enjoy it even more !!

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2018 1:51 AM

When your good looking enough,gay voice doesnt mean diddly squat. I was as femme and gay voiced as they come,and I promise you judgemental bitches this,I got more dick in my life than most of you could ever dream of. I still get called ma'am on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2018 2:12 AM

Lol at r79 - bless your heart

Gay voice is the same as upspeak and vocal fry. You can control it. You sound ridiculous. Every person around you mocks you. There are videos using you as an example of how not to sound.

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2018 2:29 AM

R79 crossdressing sluts don’t count!

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2018 2:33 AM

It’s definitely a learned behaviour. It does nothing for me.

Yesterday, a young gay guy walked past me yakking with his fag hag. Every time he opened his mouth, he started with: “And I was like....”

Ten steps, and he’d already said it 25 times. Picture the other learned behaviour that went with it. That was him, and he was annoying as hell. Shoo.

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2018 2:36 AM

Oh you bitches. Just attend one of my exclusive gay voice removal and butch elocution sessions for $299. Your voice will sound as deep and masculine as mine.

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2018 2:38 AM

R82 did he have ugly dark drawn in eyebrows? gay voice and those seem to go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2018 2:38 AM

Sure you got some dick R79 they wanted you to shut up

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2018 2:41 AM

"I have that stupid voice from being exposed to too many females while growing up unlike normal gay guys who were around more men like straight men typically are. I'm thinking about therapy to fix the problem."

Nonsense, straight guys spend just as much time around females as gay men - it's not like they don't have moms or sisters. I know plenty of very macho straight guys who were raised by single moms and had no brothers. They don't talk like girls.

by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2018 2:45 AM

[quote]You sound ridiculous. Every person around you mocks you. There are videos using you as an example of how not to sound.

r80 But an ugly personality like yours is a LOT more repulsive and I assure you people mock you and avoid you.

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2018 2:50 AM

Find nothing wrong with Queens!

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2018 2:53 AM

The sound is not learned. What is said and the tone, maybe, but not the actual resonance. You can’t learn that any more than you can learn how to make your eyes blue. You can learn to alter it, but you are what you are.

by Anonymousreply 89August 9, 2018 3:36 AM

[QUOTE]Gay voice is artificial. Nothing you are born with.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 90August 9, 2018 3:48 AM

Just like Kim Kardashian's voice is "natural" - mm hmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 9, 2018 3:56 AM

Please, gay voice exists in all cultures

by Anonymousreply 92August 9, 2018 3:58 AM

You need to get out and meet new gays, r91, perhaps older ones. What you're whining about is the way young people speak, not gay people. Especially if you must perseverate over the "I was, like..." phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 93August 9, 2018 4:00 AM

My best friend and I sling the gay voice at each other 100% of the time, because we love the humor of it. I lead meetings at work without a trace of it (I think), Seems like a learned thing to me gurl.

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2018 4:04 AM

I have a gay voice. I had a few sessions with a speech therapist. My voice still sounds gay but it not at much., But the main thing for me is it sounds stronger. Before I was doing everything with my throat and my voice sounded weak. If I talked louder it had a shrill sound. Now it has a deeper more forceful resonance. I sounds stronger and has more depth. I don't need to talk louder. I still sound gay but I sound more manly if this makes sense. Before people would do a double-take when I started talking because I'm not a fem guy. I don't see this anymore.

by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2018 4:07 AM

r94 - gay voice can come from a lot of different causes - and not all gay voice is the same.

by Anonymousreply 96August 9, 2018 4:10 AM

People are just talking past each other because no one has the same voice in mind when they say "gay voice." 7 billion definitions.

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2018 4:16 AM

Gay voice has always seemed like a put-on to me. Like they are purposely talking like stereotypical women the same way MtTs act like stereotypical women. So, honestly, I always get the feeling that the internalized homophobia belongs to those presenting themselves with out of control gay voice. They can switch right into normal male voice at the flick of a switch, so it's not biological due to higher estrogen levels affecting their vocal chords or anything like that. Most gay boys don't start sounding that way until puberty, even the flaming ones that you can tell are gay from birth.

by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2018 4:17 AM

Gay voice usually doesn't bother me, I figure live and let live. But if you're around a group of guys with gay voice, the same male tendency to outshout each other in a heated discussion as with straight guys comes into play. Ten minutes of steadily shrieking campy voices sends one running for the door.

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2018 4:30 AM

r98 - I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think gay voice can become an unconscious habit and internalized the same you do a lot of other body movements. Also I think people really don't know what they sound like unless they have reason to listen to their recorded voice (like a performer). We listen to ourselves all day long but we do it with a filter. we don't hear the "real" us. And finally, yes, gay voice can be changed if there is a reason - I don't think it's as easy as flicking a switch (I mean we can all sound like someone else for a few minutes) .. but long-term results are achievable. Read all the previous comments. I lot of people have gay voice and they hate it. If they could just flip a switch they would for sure.

by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2018 4:30 AM

Hater!

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2018 6:30 AM

Wow, yet another self-loathing bullshit thread.

Not going to miss this either

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2018 6:40 AM

"Self-loathing" is DL's all purpose insult. Means nothing. On the same level as "die in a grease fire." Sometimes they are combined together !!

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2018 8:08 AM

"Means nothing" is actually not the magical incantation you think it to be.

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2018 8:13 AM

r104 but why would think anything you have to say has significance. You're obviously a troll and just spouting negativities

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2018 2:07 PM

Does it really matter what someone sounds like? As long as they are kind and loyal and genuinely care about you?

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2018 4:24 PM

I don't care any more. Gay voice generally means more brains.

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2018 4:31 PM

There are degrees of gay sounding voices; I prefer the soft spoken. Yet, I can laugh with the campy ones. If a hot man has a gay voice and a hot, willing ass, I’d be happy to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2018 4:56 PM

"[R104] but why would think anything you have to say has significance. You're obviously a troll and just spouting negativities"

It's like you walked right into it---not a single thought in your head apparently. And you left out a word so you were clearly worked up and everything.

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2018 8:51 PM

Wrong comparison, R91. There's nothing natural about Kim. But, she did say that all her best friends are gay so I guess we should be nice to her.

by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2018 11:52 PM

R60 - LOL! I have never seen that before.

That's awesome!

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2018 12:06 AM

R41 - I feel mixed about "gay voice" (it depends on the heart of the guy, frankly), but whatever voice Tim Gunn has, I LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2018 12:08 AM

A Gay Voice is nasal and high-pitched. Both of these can be corrected by working with a speech therapist. Why would someone purposefully set themselves to be judged before anyone can get to know them.?

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2018 12:23 AM

Carson Kressley has a gay voice and makes it worse by camping it up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2018 12:23 AM

R41 - Watch the video at R63. It explains a lot in under six minutes.

I used to feel like you when I was younger...rueing the fact that I felt influenced by so many women vs. men in my early life, etc. Please don't let that get you down. None of that shit matters. Forgive yourself and your voice for being a product of your environment and just let it go. Censuring yourself feels repressive and it can't be good for you.

Now getting rid of any vocal fry you might have picked up...THAT I'm in favor of! FOR ALL OF THE INHABITANTS OF THIS EARTH!

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2018 12:25 AM

[quote]r31 My little niece exhibits cattle competitively.

This is so far from my rhelm of experience, I had to read it many times, trying to figure out if there was some typos or autocorrect involved.

I was thinking, "Should this mean. '[italic]My little niece exhibits cattle-like behavior, compulsively[italic]'?" [bold] : o [/bold]

However, reading further, I have seen the LIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2018 12:39 AM

^^ aaaaannnndddddd....I cannot do HTML markup effectively.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2018 12:41 AM

[quote]R55 No, it is not homophobia. A feminine voice on a masculine body is like tuna fish with peanut butter. It doesn’t mean you don’t like tuna fish or peanut butter because you dislike them together.

Well said.

It's like seeeing women wearing pants. Very offputting.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2018 12:47 AM

I CHOOSE TO USE MY GAY VOICE FOR GOOD!

I want on the Santorum Space Force and I need a fucking lisp like you wouldn't believe. I have the head nod, the eye roll, and the phrasing. I also have jeggings and killer legs.

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2018 12:57 AM

This guy has gay voice and is hot as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2018 5:29 AM

His name is Daniel Rice and this is his Instagram page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2018 5:30 AM

Gays and straights despise gay voice the world over feels annoyed when inflicted by it. You just think of the person as frivolous, petty and small.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2018 9:26 AM

Readers the world over despise hate-filled cunts like r122, who, in addition to being a homophobic asshole, can't write a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2018 9:47 AM

Cringe at this gay voice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2018 10:15 AM

I didn't hear any voice, r124. Just a little shrieking and screeching. But no voice.

by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2018 10:17 AM

R120, are you kidding me? This guy’s voice is an automatic boner killer. That voice does not go with the worked out body this guy has. I’m not attracted to him at all.

by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2018 3:27 PM

I wonder how attracted any of us would be to r126. Not saying I wouldn't be. But who knows for sure?

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2018 3:42 PM

How it must gall most of you to know that even with R124's voice,he turns down more offers in a day than you'll get in a lifetime. hes gorgeous,no ones going to give a rats ass about his voice.Scurry back to your corners and chew on your bitterness Gurls.Shoo !

by Anonymousreply 128August 11, 2018 4:17 PM

R128, there is nothing wrong with any voice I hear in r124. No need to say "even with..."

by Anonymousreply 129August 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Gay men have normalized effeminate and girly behavior, and so many see nothing inherently “gay” about the voices in R124. Whereas to most people, these guys sound like a gaggle of queens.

by Anonymousreply 130August 11, 2018 7:42 PM

R130 so much word

by Anonymousreply 131August 11, 2018 9:49 PM

R47, the answer is: Hysteria. n. exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement

by Anonymousreply 132August 11, 2018 11:34 PM

That wasn't High Queen, r131. Nope. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 133August 11, 2018 11:48 PM

And the guys at R124 are STILL drowning in quality dick and ass, which is a gay man’s raison d’être, so who’s really losing?

by Anonymousreply 134August 12, 2018 1:54 AM

More trade secrets: Most guys with gay voice are super insecure about it. So if they're being dicks, you just kind of sheepishly ask them if they're trans. When they act shocked/offended, you mumble something about "well, you know, your voice ... I wasn't sure."

Most will do whatever you want after that.

by Anonymousreply 135August 12, 2018 2:01 AM

I've acquired a gay voice over the years and it's getting real cringeworthy. I recently heard myself talk in an interview and I think even a blind man can tell I'm gay even i didn't fondle him.

I'd like to stay in the closet. What can be done? Is all lost?

by Anonymousreply 136August 12, 2018 2:16 AM

R136 ask Ursula the sea witch to steal your voice.

by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2018 2:17 AM

Poor, unfortunate souls....

by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2018 3:04 AM

[quote]... because they could mimic older and dominate female voices...

It's "DOMINANT" for Christ's sake! DOMINANT!!

"Dominate" is a VERB, and even if you pronounce it "dominit", it does NOT make it the ADJECTIVE "dominant"!

by Anonymousreply 139August 12, 2018 3:57 AM

Sixteen Candles

by Anonymousreply 140August 12, 2018 3:58 AM

^ Oops, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 141August 12, 2018 3:59 AM

R139 is a submissive lispy screamer. Not young. So his hole has been empty for years. Thots and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 142August 12, 2018 4:01 AM

The guys at R124 are very likely bottoms, R134, so I doubt there’s much “drowning” in ass. Drowning in cum is more accurate. And even then, with those voices, probably lots of pump and dumps.

by Anonymousreply 143August 12, 2018 4:07 AM

R124 good god Sean Daniels limp wrists and his “oh my god” are the gayest thing ever if anyone ever wondered if he was a bottom , know their answer now

by Anonymousreply 144August 12, 2018 4:14 AM

Maybe you want nobody to know that you’re gay . A wee bit in the closet maybe ?

by Anonymousreply 145August 12, 2018 6:30 AM

No, R145. I just genuinely find “the voice” off putting and unattractive. It has nothing to do with staying closeted.

Announcing to EVERYONE, immediately, by the way you speak, that you like dick, is not really something I want to put myself through.

Look, I get that some guys will naturally sound softer, but the whole gay voice is a put-on, in my opinion, and it really does cause instant judgment from the larger homophobic society. It also makes people uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 146August 12, 2018 7:14 AM

You make me uncomfortable, r146. I hope I don't know you IRL.

by Anonymousreply 147August 12, 2018 7:19 AM

I wholeheartedly agree there are many types of "gayvoice". It generally doesn't bother me or turn me off unless accompanied by the valley teen-speak with vocal fry and uptalk. I have a friend I've gotten it on with who is so masculine in a natural boyish sort of way (interests, not prissy, not affected, authentic, strong and kind) but has a unique gayvoice, not high, not lisping, but gay. If it weren't for his voice, I would never have known he was on our team. I love the combination of his easy going attitude with his confident gay sound. He is an artist, and very well educated. I don't mind deep but slighty nasal gayvoice either. Ruthless mean nellie bully-queens are the worst IMHO, especially when superficial, dumb, and abjectly cruel.

by Anonymousreply 148August 12, 2018 10:53 PM

What type of queen was Elijah on GIRLS? He had MAJOR gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 149August 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Hed did R149

But Jack on Will & Grace and Cam and Mitch on Modern Family are even more affected in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 150August 13, 2018 2:05 AM

I'm grateful that I was born really masculine with a really masculine voice. Because that's what really masculine men want is someone who is really masculine like I am.

by Anonymousreply 151August 13, 2018 8:53 AM

R151 is turning out to be The Tovey Troll: dumps his cookies QUITE often.

by Anonymousreply 152August 13, 2018 11:40 AM

The biggest celebrity queen of the last 120 years is without a doubt RICHARD SIMMONS!

by Anonymousreply 153August 13, 2018 7:34 PM

You're all BITCHES. Love me, love my voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 13, 2018 8:01 PM

Guurrrllll, sthop it, sthop it right now, like oh my gawd!

by Anonymousreply 155August 13, 2018 9:10 PM

r153 -- too funny - so true !!

by Anonymousreply 156August 13, 2018 9:29 PM

Only effeminate gay boys say: He's a hottie!

by Anonymousreply 157August 13, 2018 10:19 PM

Not

by Anonymousreply 158August 16, 2018 10:53 AM

Great thread !!

by Anonymousreply 159August 16, 2018 3:41 PM

The Queen of this thread returns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2018 5:18 AM

Mmmmmmm, lavenderrrrrrr!

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2018 5:56 AM

I like my men masculine and manly. If I wanted a fem I would be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2018 5:59 AM

I really have to watch it. I think I'm developing a gay voice. I just heard myself in a recording.

What happened? I admit I've been sucking more cock the last couple of years. You think that is doing it?

Can it be undone. I know I can't unsuck so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2018 6:07 AM

Hanging around fem guys can influence your voice and mannerisms

by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2018 6:16 AM

R164 watching too much of that rupaul race shit will as well

by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2018 6:32 AM

Well of course. That’s a given

by Anonymousreply 166August 18, 2018 6:33 AM

Some of these voices can shrivel wood, but many don't equate to feminine if other more masculine traits are present. I recently watched video of Tim Tebow on the "Which Male Athletes Other Than..." many posters went on and on how femme he sounds/is... Although he indeed sounds gay, his voice during the interview just made me want to fuck him all the more. I'd like to fuck the Christ out of him, and know I'd enjoy each and every minute.

by Anonymousreply 167August 19, 2018 7:09 AM

More sexy gay voice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 22, 2018 4:36 AM

R167, what a vile, blasphemous thing to say. Evil. Watch yourself.

by Anonymousreply 169August 22, 2018 12:15 PM

…"what's all this talk about Goy Vases?..I think its great that Christian families have all these nice flower arrangements through out their homes"

GAY VOICES!

.."nevermind!"

by Anonymousreply 170August 22, 2018 12:21 PM

Guys with gay voice can be super MASC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 22, 2018 1:35 PM

R168 That's a good gay voice, I think. There are all different kinds of gays and gay voices. We have barely touched on lesbian vocal patterns. Not all lesbians exhibit cane voice, with its hard Rs and matter-of-fact delivery. Still, it doesn't engender the same negative feelings as gay voice.

I was embarrassed when I was sent to the school speech therapist when I was 10. After the fourth time of repeating the word "Sssssstove" I corrected it, as I was terrified to be called out of class again. I began to accumulate a mental list of things that seemed to be very natural for me but for some reason weren't allowed; how to cross my legs, why I couldn't take my "disguise kit" (consisting of an old purse, one of my mom's scarves, and sunglasses) to my aunt's house when we visited, not covering my mouth when I laughed, etc. I can't imagine what it would be like to have grown up without feeling like I needed to hide things that seemed to come so naturally.

Nearly everyone had some childhood cross to bear, I now realize.

I have two older brothers and they did have some influence on my knowing what was perceived as masculine behavior: slow down, drop pitch, de-animate face, be more monotone, act like you're trying to put people to sleep instead of wake them up. Decades later, I actually do "pass", but I regularly catch my purse falling out of my mouth. I feel like I'm a pretty authentic version of myself, in spite of some of those repressed behaviors. I now proudly bring my disguise kit everywhere. :p

by Anonymousreply 172August 22, 2018 9:32 PM

R169 Mary! Calm the fuck down, it was a figure of speech. I'm not evil just because I don't believe in your Jeebus.

by Anonymousreply 173August 22, 2018 9:37 PM

Nobody rushes to tell an anonymous board about their hatred of a certain trait simply because it’s ‘just a preference’

by Anonymousreply 174August 23, 2018 5:39 PM

[quote]act like you're trying to put people to sleep instead of wake them up.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 175August 23, 2018 5:42 PM

See Tarzan hear Jane makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 176August 25, 2018 5:12 PM

R176 = Ronnie Raygun’s ghost

by Anonymousreply 177August 25, 2018 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!