Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

And now, from Times Square

A violinist who is a refugee from Venezuela is joined by some amateur dancers who decide to join him. The violinist has a painful history back in Venezuela. I thought this was fun and uplifting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 4:11 AM

This video is a great response to those who feel New York is no longer thrilling. You’d have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by this.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2018 2:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2018 3:15 AM

Someone needs to forward this video to Gustavo Dudamel. Give this kid a break.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2018 3:25 AM

Well, so far, I've never bumped my own thread before (I've never had much success starting threads). But I'm going to do it this evening.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2018 1:38 AM

I’d like to bump him for about an hour.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2018 1:43 AM

Sitting here with a big grin on my face. Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2018 1:44 AM

The Venezuelan refugee crisis is incredibly sad. So many are all over Colombia just trying to get by, working under the table jobs. Seems a lot are trying to make their way over to Ecuador since they use the US$1 dollar and that goes a long way in providing for relatives back home.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2018 2:05 AM

Can he please have a chat with Bernie Sanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2018 2:36 AM

Thanks OP, that was beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2018 2:37 AM

A Latin refugee and a group of African-American guys came together to create something beautiful, spontaneously. When our country works, it can work really well, and I can once again feel some pride in it. I haven't felt much pride since 2016.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2018 3:12 AM

We only gravitate to negative stories. If this was about the kid being assaulted by those men, the thread would have 200 posts.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2018 11:34 AM

Everyone should break out in song and dance, once a day. It's better than a daily multi-vitamin.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2018 12:03 PM

Thanks, OP. I needed an uplift.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2018 12:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 4:09 AM

And one of the dancers recorded (I don't know how the DM tracks people down).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 4:10 AM

And another dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 4:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!