Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Train Passenger Drags Man Having A Seizure Onto Platform and Leaves Him There So He Won't Be Delayed

He's a Datalounger, isn't he?

A white man in California is being accused of dragging a black man suffering from a seizure off of a train so that he could get home quickly, reported ABC 7 News.

In a video recorded by another passenger, the businessman is seen dragging the man — who appeared to be unconscious — onto the platform then pulling up his pants before reentering the train car.

“So this dude is passed out on the train and this motherf*cking white boy is doing the motherf*cking most,” the man said in the video. “This motherf*cker just yanked him off the f*cking train so he won’t have to stop and miss his f*cking ride.”

According to the witness, none of the other passengers complained about having to wait for the paramedics.

“That’s that bullsh*it white people do because y’all feel y’all can get away it,” the man filming the incident added.

Later in the video, the white passenger is seen trying to help the man he just dragged onto the platform.

“Don’t try and act like you give a f*ck now. You the one who dragged him out here,” the witness said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 9, 2018 7:47 PM

Please, please please someone find out who this guy is and publish all his social media and other personal/professional information.

I would really be interested what kind of people think this guy is a good employee.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2018 2:58 AM

And the guy videoing the whole thing is helping in what way?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2018 3:00 AM

As an epileptic, I find this very troubling.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2018 3:02 AM

So the one videoing the whole thing did what? How did he participate in helping the situation, other than stand there complaining the "mother fucking white boy" wasn't doing enough?

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2018 3:03 AM

So 2 replies is far too many to read, R4?

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2018 3:06 AM

Wow, talk about missing the point.

People were waiting for the paramedics to come. You know, because they weren't trained medical professionals and who knows what kind of injuries the man with the seizure had?

But you think the guy who just dragged the man off the train was just being efficient?

Well, let's hope he's around to push you out of his way when you have a medical emergency.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2018 3:08 AM

Well, if you watch the whole video, the guy videoing says he wasn't even aware of what transpired until the other passengers told him what happened. He just started recording because he saw something going on. I'm not sure what more he or anyone could have done once the guy was on the platform. He probably shouldn't have been moved or touched to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2018 3:09 AM

So is anyone saying this hurt the guy having the seizure? At least the paramedics will get to him sooner on the platform then on the train.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2018 3:09 AM

Yes, but it was awfully nice for the man taking the video to make it all about race.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote] “So this dude is passed out on the train and this motherf*cking white boy is doing the motherf*cking most,” the man said in the video. “This motherf*cker just yanked him off the f*cking train so he won’t have to stop and miss his f*cking ride.”

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF*CKING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERF*CKING PLANE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2018 3:12 AM

Wouldn't the paramedics have done the same?

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2018 3:12 AM

"Yes, but it was awfully nice for the man taking the video to make it all about race."

Because that white guy would have given a white seizure victim the same lack of consideration?

What little bubble of Fox News reality do you hide yourself in, dear? Is it the one where is Santa is white goddamnit?

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2018 3:14 AM

We're sliding down the slippery slope to become India.

"Dang beggar just HAD to starve to death on my doorstep! How long will I have to step over this body before sonebody comes and takes it away?"

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2018 3:15 AM

I am having a major sissy fit!!!

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2018 3:15 AM

You know, R12, maybe the guy is just an asshole and would have done the same to a white victim. It's just the sort of thing an asshole would do.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2018 3:16 AM

I agree with R15. This guy would have done the same if it was his own mother.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2018 3:20 AM

And it's DEFINITELY the sort of thing a racist asshole would do.

When you hear hoof beats, I guess it could be a zebra.

But it was just a racist horse in this case.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2018 3:20 AM

The video was doing what everyone else (except the fucking white boy) was supposed to do: WAIT. The fucking white boy couldn't wait. He wanted the guy off the train so that he could get home.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2018 3:24 AM

Oh God the forever victims. They walk through life with blinders on. God help them. It's not always because your black. Perhaps the guy doesn't give a fuck about anyone. Or his trying to get to see a dying parent before it's too late. Or his own kid got hit by a car. On his way to a hot fuck. Who the hell knows what's going through the guys head? It's not his fault the guy went into a seizure.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2018 3:27 AM

"Oh God the forever victims. They walk through life with blinders on. God help them. It's not always because your black. Perhaps the guy doesn't give a fuck about anyone. Or his trying to get to see a dying parent before it's too late. Or his own kid got hit by a car. On his way to a hot fuck. Who the hell knows what's going through the guys head? It's not his fault the guy went into a seizure."

Apparently said without irony.

Apparently said to defend the asshole's actions.

You, sir, have a future in unintentional comedy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2018 3:29 AM

OF COURSE it’s California trash doing this.

The average Californian is the most miserable, psycho, unsocialized, and ass backward person you will ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2018 3:30 AM

Nice try there, Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2018 3:31 AM

Maybe the asshole just assumed it was yet another junkie overdosing and is sick of dealing with it. He stood a great chance it was yet another overdose.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote]OF COURSE it’s California trash doing this

Most of the people in LA come from out of state, so the trash most likely is your typical red state deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2018 3:41 AM

[quote]The average Californian is the most miserable, psycho, unsocialized, and ass backward person you will ever meet.

Nice, try.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2018 3:43 AM

R25, before you make fun of how trashy Florida is, learn to use a comma.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2018 3:52 AM

Yes, California is full of deplorables. Many of them are from Okie families who have been here a while.

If you are not acquainted with this type of hillbilly, count yourselves lucky. The most hateful and sociopathic people you will ever meet, and none too bright.

For example, this dumbass did this shit ON CAMERA and in front of witnesses. I GUARANTEE he was held for questioning, thus delaying his commute. Plus, the train wasn’t going anywhere anyway. Yet he is too stupid to do a cost/benefit analysis before he acts.

Total moron. The kind of moron that makes every day in Southern California a chore. People going out of their way to do stupid shit that doesn’t even benefit them.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2018 3:53 AM

That guys was from Long Beach. And for those who don't know its often celled Iowa by the Sea because it had a huge influx of white people from Iowa decades ago. That guy is old enough to be part of that group. I knew it was a Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2018 3:56 AM

MTGA. Is it confirmed it was a seizure or was he just passed out, maybe smelling heavily of his most recent Colt 45?

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2018 4:03 AM

It was in Orange County so of course he's a Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2018 4:04 AM

The thing about light rail and the subway in LA is that only Delplorables, criminals, low income and people under 30 ride that train. Its not like Paris, Italy or NYC where everyone of all types find a use. LA and OC are the most car centric city in the US. Freeways were invented there. Anyone with a decent job has a car. Its rear to meat someone who does not.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2018 4:07 AM

He was described as wearing a medical/hospital wristband and having staples in his scalp indicating recent medical treatment, r29.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2018 4:08 AM

Geezus Christ! I've spent plenty of time on public transportation. If a fellow passenger had a medical emergency, I hope I would act appropriately, to try to protect them until medical personnel could arrive. I don't have the training to make medical decisions myself, but I've heard, many times, that moving a person having an emergency is often the worst thing that can be done. How the hell does this guy in a suit think he can actually physically drag some very ill person out of a train, and stay within his rights? You don't have any business putting your hands on strangers. Asshole in a suit treated the sick passenger like he was less than human. He'll be outed and shamed: good.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2018 4:17 AM

Why does EVERYTHING for some people have to be about a "white man" doing it? It's really hypocritical to cry "racism" at the drop of a hat but then to pepper your speech with "white man" every chance you get. I mean, christ.

And fuck the people on this thread wanting to know the name of the man so they can ruin his life, get him fired, etc. - fuck mob justice and fuck you. There's laws for this shit and Twitter justice is not real justice, it's just emotional savagery and not anything that should be in a modern, functioning society. Get off your bloodthirsty wagon.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2018 4:30 AM

Oh, and for the guy talking about how this country's getting to be like India - you may be correct, except not the way you intended - it's the reactionary side where social media messages can get innocent people strung up and killed because someone starts a rumor. That's mob justice in action, do you really want more of that shit here? You're getting your rocks off on Twitter mob justice, how long until it moves into the real world and people start getting lynched?

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2018 4:32 AM

If that man is riding the train at that age in a suit, trust me, he already has a shitty low paying job.

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2018 4:34 AM

Sad. Is there anything the white man can be charged with besides being an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote] treated the sick passenger like he was less than human

And quite rightly. We have authoritative information that The thing about light rail and the subway in LA is that only Delplorables, criminals, low income and people under 30 ride that train.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2018 4:39 AM

If you’re going to be a sociopath, at least be CLEVER about it!

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2018 4:42 AM

He might be considered to have interfered with receiving medical assistance, r37.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2018 4:42 AM

The Blue line is an armpit. Full of criminal activity and Deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2018 4:44 AM

r73, I'd hope so, but I doubt this asshole will face any kind of legal punishment for his reprehensible actions actions. Who knows, maybe he'll have a heart attack on a train and a fellow passenger will show him the same compassion and chuck him off onto the platform so everyone's plans aren't delayed.

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2018 4:54 AM

If no one on the train was helping him I kinda get taking him out, what's the difference if he's on or off?

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2018 4:55 AM

The difference is R43, you are not supposed to touch someone who is incapacitated unless you are a trained professional. If they fell its very possible they might have a fractured vertebra or spinal injury and moving them could cause them become a quad or paraplegic.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2018 5:00 AM

R21 Marylanders are the same way. Narrow minded parochial assholes who are liberals in name only.

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2018 5:02 AM

R44 it's sad that you even have to explain that to a deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2018 5:03 AM

This cretin saw a brown person passed out and probably assumed he was a common vagrant who was passed out drunk or OD’d - didn't notice the guy’s nicely groomed hair, hospital bracelet and prescription glasses. The unconscious guy very likely suffered some soft tissue injuries from being dragged so violently off the train... civil suit is on the way.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2018 5:08 AM

I like how this fucker barked at people to HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR HIM!

See what I mean about irredeemably stupid?

There’s no hope for him. He’s too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2018 5:12 AM

Better there than at one of the line ups at Disneyland. I hate when that one happens.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2018 6:33 AM

What do you mean, R49--random white men actually dragging off customers in line ahead of them, leaving them in the greensward, then assuming their place in line?

Mickey, say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2018 7:53 AM

Who is he? Anyone find anything out??

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2018 9:22 AM

Enough of this white hate. Cherry picking stories. Let's get up to what black people do, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2018 9:52 AM

Enough of the envious black people looking fir any excuse for not taking responsibility for themselves. Stop being childlike.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2018 9:55 AM

Well if black people joined together and upped the ante, they'd get respect, right? Why focus on some white dirtbag for your problems. So tired of this.

by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2018 9:58 AM

Stop the white people witch hunt. Look at home for solutions, if you dare.

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2018 10:01 AM

I was always taught to make sure they are safe, then leave them alone, they will be ok. What should be done?

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2018 10:09 AM

It was a clean, smooth drag. The body wasn't crushed, folded or bent.

It was no more traumatic than when two professional ambulance men lift a comatose patient onto a scoop stretcher.

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2018 10:10 AM

Who are you R57 a doctor?? Paramedics check cretin things before they move someone. They dont just scoop them up and throw them on a stretcher. Sometimes they have to stabilize them first. Its standard procedure. Didn't look like this guy was concerned about that at all and there was no way he had any medical training.

by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2018 10:13 AM

I think the patient would have better luck being outside the train than inside the train. The train can't just set on the tracks waiting for an ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2018 10:17 AM

Oh that poor man... I do hope he managed to get home on time

by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2018 10:17 AM

Sorry, right or wrong, he was not cruel and I assume he called 911 for the guy. I know a hundred guys who would do the same thing. After all, he was no doctor, what was he going to do?

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2018 10:19 AM

I really can not see what you guys are having a fit about? The man acted in the way many people would act. I have seen people walk past a fallen man on the street and do absolutely nothing, when I lived in a large city it was normal and no cell phones. I think most of you are freaks who would have just ignored this mans seizure.

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2018 10:30 AM

You people are just silly, I cry race a lot but this was clearly just a guy, acting like a guy.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2018 10:32 AM

[quote]Sorry, right or wrong, he was not cruel and I assume he called 911 for the guy. I know a hundred guys who would do the same thing. After all, he was no doctor, what was he going to do?

Wrong, he did not call 911, your assumption is wrong. Secondly, two wrongs dont make a right, dosent mater if there are other shit heads that would do the same thing, doesnt excuse his actions at all. What do you mean what was he going to do? Were you raised in a barn? Everyone with a high school education knows you are not supposed to move someone and call for help. They can hold the train, its not the end of the world.

Seriously, how do you not know the basics of an emergency? You don't move anyone unless they are going to be in even more danger like a car is on fire and its about to explode.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2018 10:39 AM

You goddamn idiot, he needed to move the guy and trust me, I have seen paramedics do worse. How do you know he did not call paramedics? I think moving the guy off the train was best. I would have done the same, called 911 and stayed with the guy but I am not a guy. I am a woman but I know how most guys think. I imagine the guy thought, he would be OK and that there was nothing he could do. Of course the fucker should have caledd 911 but weren't there other people calling? Maybe the guy knew someone already called it in? You silly finger pointers start screaming before you even know the full story.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2018 10:53 AM

R65, why did he need to move the man?

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2018 10:58 AM

I was on the NYC MTA and a girl collapsed, hitting her head on the floor like a brick just when the train pulled into the station. Rather than move her, I pulled the emergency brake to stop the car- and literally the ENTIRE group of commuters started yelling at me that they’d be late. I didn’t want to touch her because I don’t have training and didn’t want to get sued.

Go figure, you’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. It’s possible the guy’s adrenaline kicked in and he wasn’t thinking straight or the camera distracted him mid-way or someone off to the side called it in.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2018 10:59 AM

Lesson to white people:

Do not touch POC, ever. Do not look at them. Do not speak to them. Cross the street if you see them coming. Just pretend they don't exist and go about your business. It's best for all concerned. Also, if you limit your use of public transit, you limit your risk of an encounter.

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2018 11:15 AM

R68, that’s just stupid.

I want to know why the man had to drag the other person out of the train? You don’t touch a person who collapses unless there’s immediate danger or if you need to perform CPR and need to move them to a flat surface. Doesn’t seem to be the case here. Regardless of the racism aspect, the man had no reason to move the collapsed person.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2018 11:36 AM

R67--"I was on the NYC MTA..."

Please explain that mode of transportation because I am unfamiliar with your awkward phrasing. TIA

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2018 11:45 AM

I'm epileptic and have had a seizure on a packed commuter train in London.

For someone coming round from a fit, the best thing you can do is give them some space and some air as it's a terrifying experience. There's memory loss involved and having a trainload of people gawping at you will only add to the anxiety, as well as the physical pain of just having had your entire body convulse.

People often don't know what to do when someone has a seizure. It's a scary thing to witness. The man did the right thing by getting the convulsing man away from others where he could have some space to recover. I'm not sure if his intentions were solely about not being delayed but I think he'd have done the same thing if the man having the seizure was white.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2018 11:50 AM

R71 As a fellow epilleptic, I do see your point about sparing him the worst of the aftermath, but still not sure I would have been pleased if I were moved. My seizures are brief, and I'm usually fine afterward, so I might feel miffed someone had removed me. My worst experiences are when well-meaning people try to ring 911 or insist on ringing for an ambulance. Unless a head injury has been sustained, many of us who have been suffering these fits for decades do not consider them medical emergencies. I do not seek help or new brain scans each time I seize. I would be bankrupt if I did. That being said, he obviously had other problems with his head incision, etc. Hope you are doing well with yours.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2018 12:20 PM

If only blacks were called out on their behavior like this guy.

If a black guy did this they would have robbed the seizure sufferer them kicked them in the head. Business as usual. A white guy does anything, everyone's up in arms and blacks are full of indignation. The guy with the phone camera was a tag along as he filmed it all and did NOTHING but yammer.

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2018 12:29 PM

I think black people get called out on their bad behaviour often R73... at least here in Chicago they do. I think it would have been best if the man had stayed with the victim until help had arrived. If I had taken it upon myself to remove him, it is what I would have done. I think there would be little reproach and second guessing his intentions if he had.

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Sure, a black persons would have robbed the man and kicked him in the nuts, R73. You’re an idiot. And obviously racist.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Our resident Nazis cunts have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2018 12:45 PM

R72 - If your biggest concern is feeling 'miffed' after a seizure then you're very lucky and I'm envious. But as you said, the people who called an ambulance or possibly overreacted at your seizure were well-meaning - they weren't to know you're used to them and can just carry on.

I've had only a handful in my life but each one has been pretty big, long-lasting and not something I could just continue on my journey after. As well as the confusion I've mentioned before, there's a period of semi-consciousness in a lot of cases. If I saw someone have a seizure in front of me I'd help them off that train where they could get help if it were needed, and if all I could do was drag them off, I'd do it.

I'm in the UK where perhaps we don't have the same fear of litigation but if someone has a grand mal, you need to get them somewhere more practical - in this case it was the station platform.

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2018 1:09 PM

R73 I guess you never take the subway. In Chicago, blacks behave like animals EVERY DAMN DAY. This isn't racist, it's truth.

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2018 1:09 PM

R78 what's your point? All over the country whites behave like animals, in fact, world wide.

by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2018 1:18 PM

Mary! 🐒

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2018 1:29 PM

R77 I meant I would be miffed someone had removed me from the train car...not miffed over the fit. I just had one last friday, and ground my forehead into my friend's deck. It currently resembles mince. I grew up in London, and yes I think we do not fear frivolous lawsuits as Americans do. Considering mine are brief, I guess I am guilty of being in too much of a hurry, as I would have not wanted to miss my stop, but just get home as swiftly as possible. Some of mine have lead to worse things, but after resting for ten minutes or so, I am capable of walking, thankfully. This bloke seems to be in a much different predicament though, considering the story.

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2018 1:30 PM

R78 I take the subway quite often. You apparently aren't even aware whom you're responding to. (R72, not R73 here) Of course I take the subway, as epilleptics are not allowed to drive here in Illinois, unless they've been seizure-free for two years, and currently not taking anti-seizure meds. How I get around this city is irrelevant, as you are still a racist.

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2018 1:40 PM

R77 I have to say agree. After watching the video, placing him on the platform was while the train was out of motion was probably the most sensible thing to do. I'm not saying the motivations of the guy who moved him were 100% honorable, but in the heat of the moment many things could have happened to make matters worse, such as the train pulling away and the guy missing out on medical treatment because of it. Time can be of the essence in an emergency.

by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Please, please, please - think before dragging an unconscious person anywhere. They may have suffered a concussion or spinal injury when they lost consciousness, and the best thing to do is wait for paramedics who know how to properly immobilize their body before moving them. Even if you suspect they are an undesirable mentally ill person, drug addict, or alcoholic who (YOU think) deserves to be permanently disabled or die for being what they are, don’t try to be an amateur EMT or subway vigilante. If you just don’t give a shit about others, then think of the criminal negligence or lawsuit you will face for injuring or killing them.

by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2018 7:46 PM

Why would a white guy want to actually touch the dirty guy with head staples at all?

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2018 8:14 PM

Please, there is no excuse for him to pull a body off a train and throw the guy’s belongings out the door too. He was selfish and possibly harmed the man he dragged out. I hope he is sued.

by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2018 9:28 PM

He's not been identified yet?

by Anonymousreply 87August 4, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]He's a Datalounger, isn't he?

Was he overheard saying "Move it along, toots?"

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Let's play pick the suited ass clown's profession.

Lawyer

Doctor...yes, Doctor.

Silicon Valley internet company, general piece o' shit category.

Landlord with many properties.

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Financial planner

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2018 9:44 PM

The white guy is supposedly a 65 year old veteran who lives in a senior apartment complex in Long Beach, and is a “regular” on the train according to other commuters. Still waiting to for I.D. of the passed-out man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2018 9:46 PM

[quote]placing him on the platform was while the train was out of motion was probably the most sensible thing to do.

If you're not a medical person, taking a person in need off the train is probably the instinct most people would have. The platform seems like a better place to treat a person than on a cramped train. I agree that people shouldn't be moved though until they have been assessed.

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2018 9:47 PM

He seems like someone who wears a suit but doesn’t have a job. He’s not in ‘Nam

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2018 9:57 PM

I guessed he was a doctor too, R89 - but it looks like that’s not the case, unless he was an Army medic or something else in the military. It’s strange that doctors, of all people, would be capable of this behavior. Maybe thick skin grows over empathy due to all the exposure to human suffering. First thing I thought of was this guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2018 9:57 PM

Can they charge the white guy with anything?

by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2018 10:00 PM

The only thing I can see him charged with is doing the best thing for someone suffering a grand mal in the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2018 10:07 PM

Did you miss the part where the guy was fully unconscious, R96? Seizure was over.

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2018 10:11 PM

There appears to be no law against what he did.

It is a civil matter

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2018 10:15 PM

California is an incredibly litigious state, so him saying “There are a lot of people on this train that want to get home” on camera was incredibly stupid. It shows what his mindset was. No doubt the other guy will lawyer up with an ambulance chaser and claim soft tissue injuries. They’ll just end up suing Metro if the old retiree has no $$$

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2018 10:24 PM

R97 - The man had had a major seizure and suffered the lack of consciousness that often follows. I don't understand your point - you move someone AFTER they've finished convulsing. It's not recommended to move them or interfere with them in any way while they're still convulsing.

I'm the epileptic from upthread. I'm also a doctor. Come at me.

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2018 10:32 PM

Do we get to see the passed out guy’s cock??? I don’t like that it was blurred out. Was he cut? Is it thick? Did he have a nice bush or did he trim??? Attention must be paid.

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2018 10:34 PM

[quote]Who is he?

Mussolini.

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2018 10:45 PM

Ah, crap, R100. I meant to say NOT fully conscious. Sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2018 10:46 PM

The guy that moved him looks like a self-important loser. He obviously doesn’t work yet he rides the train all the time wearing a suit... This is the type of self absorbed asshole who never minds his own business. I’ll be you anything he’s bullying interfering cunt who has caused trouble in the past.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2018 10:52 PM

R104 - spot on. Willy Loman meets Travis Bickle.

by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2018 11:00 PM

And in such a hurry, too.

by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2018 11:03 PM

R58 This sacred rule about NOT moving the body has only arisen in the last 50 years.

And that arose from the frequency of humans being smashed by motor cars. I guarantee you that this person on the train was NOT smashed by a motor car.

The Samaritan gave a clean, smooth drag. The body wasn't crushed, folded or bent.

by Anonymousreply 107August 4, 2018 11:11 PM

He will tell a white jury that he was triggered and they will acquit him.

by Anonymousreply 108August 4, 2018 11:35 PM

How different a situation this would have been had he dragged the man off the train and then stayed with him until help arrived.

by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote]It was in Orange County so of course he's a Deplorable.

Long Beach is not in Orange County. None of the LA Metrorail system goes to Orange County.

[quote]That guys was from Long Beach.

If he's going HOME and starting in Long Beach, it's likely that he lives somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2018 11:49 PM

R110 The Bile-Flingers don't care about facts. They only care about flinging bile on anyone they can label as 'deplorable'.

by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2018 11:55 PM

I'd think the best thing to do with a person who's having an unknown medical issue on a train which is about to resume barreling down the tracks at 50 or 60 miles an hour is to get him off the train. Why bother calling a 911 when on a moving train? Come help we're moving along at 60 mph and I don't know where the hell we are or where to tell you to meet us? But I suppose now we as white people know to just not get involved and just stay the hell out of it, doomed if you do. Better to just turn my ass, step over the person and get to work. Notice how the black dude with the camera did nothing to help.

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2018 6:10 AM

[quote] I think moving the guy off the train was best. I would have done the same, called 911 and stayed with the guy but I am not a guy. I am a woman but I know how most guys think.

You lost me at "I am not a guy. I am a woman but I know how most guys think."

You sound like a rough Bull dyke.

by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2018 7:32 AM

[quote]You goddamn idiot, he needed to move the guy and trust me, I have seen paramedics do worse. How do you know he did not call paramedics?

Read the article posted by R91 Honey. "the man was repeatedly told by other passengers to stop." "Meanwhile, one passenger called for medical help." " Another went to the conductor to stop the train."

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2018 7:38 AM

[quote]This sacred rule about NOT moving the body has only arisen in the last 50 years.

Yes because our knowledge of medicine has change since then. We also didn't have MRI or CT scans back then. Arguing that we didn't do that 50 years ago show your lack of basic knowledge. The last thing YOU should do is give advice.

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2018 7:48 AM

[quote]I'd think the best thing to do with a person who's having an unknown medical issue on a train which is about to resume barreling down the tracks at 50 or 60 miles an hour is to get him off the train. Why bother calling a 911 when on a moving train?

Trains stop all the time, they are not run by robots. The logical thing to do, which someone did was go find the conductor. Cars and people always crossing the track illegally, they stop for them all the time. 911 response time is about 5 minuets in a major city like L A.

by Anonymousreply 116August 5, 2018 7:56 AM

I take this train. Im currently in South America but would love to know more about this asshole and his identity.

by Anonymousreply 117August 5, 2018 8:23 AM

[quote]r11 Wouldn't the paramedics have done the same?

Well, they wouldn't have DRAGGED him. And they're trained professionals.

With a fallen, injured person you do NOT move them (there could be broken bones that will rupture organs, or snap entirely), but you do cover them with a blanket or your coat to keep them from going into shock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 5, 2018 8:43 AM

No r113 - gay women don't pretend they know how men think. That's something only straight women believe.

by Anonymousreply 119August 5, 2018 2:19 PM

Drunk, drugged out homeless people fall off of busses or trip and fall off of curbs in front of MUNI trains all the time in San Francisco. This guy was simply a commuter who was sick and tired of being late for work just this one time. Compassion fatigue is at an all time high.

by Anonymousreply 120August 5, 2018 3:31 PM

So true R120

by Anonymousreply 121August 5, 2018 4:28 PM

R100 "cOmE At Me"

by Anonymousreply 122August 5, 2018 5:01 PM

Junkies are always on the train. They are always falling over, or demanding money. The black guy with the camera is a ghetto cartoon. Bitching while doing nothing but jacking up the situation. Maybe he should have gotten off his ass.

by Anonymousreply 123August 5, 2018 5:04 PM

I hope the gentleman who had the seizure is okay but on a more frivolous note, I will need a gender-swapped TV movie of this starring Katherine Heigl as the Late For Work white person, who over the course of a crazy transit day, finds love and learns the value of stopping to smell the roses.

by Anonymousreply 124August 5, 2018 5:36 PM

[Quote]Seriously, how do you not know the basics of an emergency?

Seriously, how do you not know the basics of spelling and grammar taught in elementary school?

by Anonymousreply 125August 5, 2018 5:59 PM

[Quote]I didn’t want to touch her because I don’t have training and didn’t want to get sued.

For those worrying about being sued, you needn't. There's something called a Good Samaritan Law, wherein, as long as you were acting in good faith to help the sick or injured party, you're not liable for injuries possibly sustained by them. An example would be someone stepping into the street in front of a moving bus. You grab that person and yank them to safety, but while doing so, their arm gets broken. You genuinely were acting in good faith to prevent the pedestrian's certain demise.

I doubt this guy was acting in good faith, but those afraid to act in a medical emergency for fear of being sued shouldn't worry. You may save a life.

by Anonymousreply 126August 5, 2018 6:17 PM

I feel sorry for the white boy, I can only imagine the diseases and infections he got from touching the homeless man.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2018 6:29 PM

did he viciously slap him?

by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2018 6:32 PM

R126 that's not exactly true though.

Each state carries a Good Samaritan Law, however the laws are all different in what they do and do not cover.

In California for instance, up until December of last year, someone could still be sued for helping because of the way that the law was written. Basically it stated that you couldn't be sued if you were helping someone in an "emergency" situation and for "medical," reasons. The conflict here was what constituted an Emergency and what constituted "medical," reasons.

A man was sued for moving a driver out of a burning car. Passenger ended up becoming paralyzed. The argument was that "moving" someone to a "safer location," did not constitute a "medical care," and therefore the Good Samaritan law did not cover him.

California recently rewrote the law but it still allows for someone to get sued because it is now worded:

[quote]"no person who in good faith, and not for compensation, renders emergency medical or nonmedical care or assistance at the scene of an emergency shall be liable for civil damages resulting from any act or omission other than an act or omission constituting gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct."

Which means you most likely can't get sued.... unless you really, really, screw up.

by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2018 6:33 PM

what was the seizure guy doing riding a train unaccompanied with a hospital bracelet still on? he should've been at home resting. and the jackass filming with his phone is just race baiting stupid idiot - blacks are their own worst enemy by always blaming the whites - get an education, get a job and quit being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2018 6:55 PM

R130, because blacks are not educated, don’t have jobs, and are stupid in your view? Who did you vote for last November? Never mind.....

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2018 6:58 PM

One does not pursue this type of activity within the purview of recording devices. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2018 7:09 PM

R131 = Jewish monitor, looking to rub his dick on someone

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2018 8:37 PM

Someone should have performed CPR on the ill person and then checked to see what was wrong with him.

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2018 9:20 PM

R126 If the suit man had said “let’s get him on the platform - he needs more air” instead of “there are people on this train who want to get home,” this story wouldn’t have gone viral. Be careful what you say, white people! Especially if some guy named “Billion” is recording you with his cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2018 9:29 PM

[Quote]Which means you most likely can't get sued.... unless you really, really, screw up.

Uh, kinda what I said.

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2018 10:19 PM

R136, Actually, that's not what you said at all.

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2018 10:24 PM

The scene of the heinous crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2018 1:50 AM

So apparently Police have found the man, questioned him and may question him again.

They won't release his name.

Additionally, news organizations were able to find out that he's a 65 year old man who lives in a retirement apartment complex. The people in the building identified him, said he lived there, but again, no one would give out his name.

I'm surprised about that.

by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2018 1:54 AM

^ That is SO frustrating!

Because we wanted to drag this 3 day old storm-in-a-teacup into a full-scale Twitter War with violent Hate Rallies in the street.

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2018 2:00 AM

That really wasn't my point R140. I'm genuinely just surprised that not a single person who knows him has given out his info.

by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2018 2:16 AM

R141 Why are you 'genuinely surprised'?

Normal people have better things to do that join vigilante witch-hunts.

by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2018 2:24 AM

What is happening?

Has the black man died?

Has the white man been charged?

by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote]Paramedics check cretin things

Tru dat!

by Anonymousreply 144August 7, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote]Good Samaritan Law, wherein, as long as you were acting in good faith to help the sick or injured party, you're not liable for injuries possibly sustained by them.

In some states, you are only protected if you don't exceed the level of training your First Aid/CPR/AED card specifies you've received.

If you're going to remove anyone from a train, at least have the decency to wait with them until paramedics come.

by Anonymousreply 145August 7, 2018 6:34 PM

Next on news at 8: "Black man dies on train as white people look on and did nothing"

by Anonymousreply 146August 7, 2018 6:58 PM

R145, that's not what I'm referring to. I was referring to those who, due to lack of any training, opt to do nothing for fear of being sued.

You're referring to something different in the form of negligence and misfeasance. If you act outside the scope of your training, that's a completely different thing than not being trained in, say the Heimlich maneuver, but as a layman recognizing someone is choking and acting in good faith to help, attempting to do it.

If you are not trained in, for example, intubating a patient, but try to do so anyway, causing damage to the patient's vocal cords, you will be responsible since, as a reasonable person trained in emergency medical situations,, you should know enough to know you haven't been trained in how to do it properly and shouldn't attempt it.

That's a HUGE difference from someone who has no knowledge of emergency medicine, yet was genuinely trying to help and acted as a reasonable person would.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't be sued, because we all know people can sue for anything. It's whether you'd prevail.

by Anonymousreply 147August 7, 2018 10:11 PM

In Arizona you cannot be sued helping someone in a dangerous situation. If you move them to help them, you are immune from any lawsuit. That being said though, in this case, just moving someone for the fuck of it...

by Anonymousreply 148August 7, 2018 10:30 PM

I'd like to kick you black racists in the teeth. Get your life together, old losers!

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2018 10:15 AM

[quote]Next on news at 8: "White man dies on train as black people look on and did nothing.....except steal his watch and wallet"

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2018 10:56 AM

So tired of blacks holding white people responsible for their lot in society. Man up, blacks.

by Anonymousreply 151August 8, 2018 11:13 AM

[quote] This cretin saw a brown person passed out and probably assumed he was a common vagrant who was passed out drunk or OD’d - didn't notice the guy’s nicely groomed hair, hospital bracelet and prescription glasses.

This is it. White guy assumed the guy was a nobody, worthless, homeless castout -- because he was black. If another white guy passed out on the train this same White guy wouldn't have assumed the guy was homeless and probably would have worried that there's be consequences for dragging him off the train. That is the truth of it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 152August 8, 2018 12:35 PM

Are there a lot of examples of black people stopping to help out white people who are in need?

by Anonymousreply 153August 8, 2018 11:51 PM

R153 one famous example

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 10, 2018 4:02 PM

There was also that truck driver who got the badly beaten Reginald Denny to the hospital at the start of the 1992 LA riots.

by Anonymousreply 155August 10, 2018 6:26 PM

Like Minny helping Miss Hilly become a better person through pie.

by Anonymousreply 156August 10, 2018 6:30 PM

Ah California. More and more stories like this from California of late.

by Anonymousreply 157August 10, 2018 9:17 PM

Yeah, if I have a seizure on the train, I would totally want someone to drag me across the dirty floor, ripping my pants off and exposing my junk in the process and then throw all my stuff on top of me. It's just common courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 158August 10, 2018 9:43 PM

Remember this story from about a year ago? A heavy-set, middle-aged black woman was discovered unconscious in the lavatory of an airplane.

Paramedics dragged her down the aisle of a plane with her underpants still around her knees and the skirt of her dress riding up—in other words, exposing her entire lower half to the other passengers on the plane. None of the paramedics even considered asking one of the flight attendants for a blanket to cover her up. The woman was later declared dead at the hospital, although she was likely already dead when she was removed from the lavatory (and the paramedics realized this).

Once again, these were the lauded so-called "medical professionals" dragging a half-exposed, dead/dying woman down the plane aisle. And if you think they would've treated a white woman the same way, you're kidding yourself.

by Anonymousreply 159August 10, 2018 9:59 PM

California is the new Florida.

by Anonymousreply 160August 10, 2018 11:04 PM

Don't be shocked R156 but when the qualified medical professionals arrive to treat you they will have a cotton blanket to cover parts of you. But they will also have large scissors to cut through your clothing in order to expose parts of your body.

You will need to buy new shirts and jeans because they will likely to be in shreds.

by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2018 2:51 AM

[Quote]Once again, these were the lauded so-called "medical professionals" dragging a half-exposed, dead/dying woman down the plane aisle. And if you think they would've treated a white woman the same way, you're kidding yourself.

As a medical professional, I don't give a fuck what of my patient is exposed, nor to whom, if they're in life-threatening jeopardy. And cardiac arrest, as the woman in your (attempt at race-baiting) story was obviously in qualifies.

If you're ever in that position, I doubt you'd want the EMTs to stop attempting life-saving techniques because you're not clothed properly and, therefore, don't look good. You idiot.

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2018 1:46 PM

[quote]That's a HUGE difference from someone who has no knowledge of emergency medicine, yet was genuinely trying to help and acted as a reasonable person would.

Not in Southern California, land of the lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2018 3:52 PM

The first rule for those who seek help is to stay in the designated place.

You can't have an ambulance chasing a moving train.

by Anonymousreply 164August 12, 2018 7:24 AM

R164, that is why trains have emergency brakes.

by Anonymousreply 165August 12, 2018 1:22 PM

[quote]This is it. White guy assumed the guy was a nobody, worthless, homeless castout -- because he was black.

No, it's because he's dressed like a teenage douchebag.

No offense, ANYONE dressed like that regardless of race etc. is going to look like a douche. Do you see what he's fucking wearing? Is he at home? Are those pyjamas? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 166August 12, 2018 1:27 PM

R166, so what?

Or are you saying that it is acceptable to drag around passed out people and throw their things around if they are teenaged douchebags? And it is acceptable to make such calls based on wardrobe?

by Anonymousreply 167August 12, 2018 3:11 PM

You're in luck, R101. He's uncut and he trims it all.. He has no bush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 14, 2018 2:59 PM

OMG, R159???? They saw the deceased's gash. That's so improper. Its so disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 169August 14, 2018 3:01 PM

Poor white man in a suit

by Anonymousreply 170August 14, 2018 7:03 PM

R65 - you’re an absolute cunt.

by Anonymousreply 171August 14, 2018 7:12 PM

R168 The uncensored video give a different interpretation on the main players.

The mouthy person filming for Youtube did NOTHING to help except complain about the person who did something to help.

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2018 10:08 AM

Are we watching the same video, R172? Yeah, the filmer didn't do fuck all except make this about race, but the guy who did the dragging didn't do jack shit either to help. All he did was drag him off the train and stroll back on.

by Anonymousreply 173August 19, 2018 4:08 PM

I’d have done the same....back in the days before cellphone video existed.

by Anonymousreply 174August 19, 2018 4:28 PM

So has America as a nation and society changed fundamentally do you think?

I did notIce a desperation, an anxious clutching self centeredness and a closing of heart and mind but I thought it was just a New York thing so meh. A fearful unwillingness to bold action that seemed more transitional third world like.

So what if Trump just a manifestation not an aberration? I mean, look at this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Please. This is an almost daily recurrence in San Francisco. Wait until you’re delayed for the 100th time to/from work to pay your $3,000/mo rent in a junkie infested shithole before you cast judgment.

Only people in SF would be passive-aggressive about it and pretend they don’t see anything or anyone. That or they bury their head in their phones.

by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote] Please. This is an almost daily recurrence in San Francisco.

That's my point really. How old are you? San Francisco wasn't always like this. It was one of the most beautiful and civilized cities.

by Anonymousreply 177August 19, 2018 5:56 PM

Boring story

In the early 1960s a relative of my mother was found dead at the bottom of the stairs in a subway station. He had an Irish name and there was a pub nearby, so police assumed he was a drunk who fell down the stairs. His autopsy showed an internal hemorrhage.

When his clothes were returned to his wife she found a sheet of paper in his coat pocket. It was a discharge form from St Vincent’s hospital. She hired a private detective and found that he was walking between one subway car in order to get to the next car. According to his chart, the train hit a bump and he was thrown into the back of one car and briefly bumped by the car behind him.

No X-rays were taken. He was quickly looked at, declared fine, and sent out into the night. He got on the train to go home, but apparently started feeling bad and got off at a stop before his usual one in Brooklyn. He didn’t fall from the top of the stairs to the bottom — he fell at the bottom of the stairs while trying to walk up the stairs. The stop he got off at had a hospital right outside the station. Unfortunately, he never made it.

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2018 6:00 PM

That WAS boring. But sad.

by Anonymousreply 179August 19, 2018 6:03 PM

R177 I’m from SF. It has always been a shithole.

Difference these days is the massive influx of instantly wealthy transplants in tech and it really is unaffordable to live here unless you are one of them.

Also, contrary to what some would have you believe, the homeless are not down on their luck artist, teachers, restaurant workers who can’t afford their rent.

SF’s politics and lax law enforcement have invited hordes of junkies and criminals who can live their sad lives on the street looking for their next fix and/or criminal opportunity to support their life on the streets.

But again, no sane San Francisco would ever go to the Mission or Civic Center when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 180August 19, 2018 7:26 PM

No one knows if he had a seizure. The guy who recorded this admitted at the end of of the video that he didn’t know if the unconscious man had a one. He was more concerned with stirring up trouble than aiding anyone.

by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2018 8:08 PM

The black camera guy could have stayed and waited with the guy if he actually gave a single fuck. But he didn't, so he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 182August 21, 2018 1:36 AM

Damn. Why guys gotta shave their bush like that??? That’s the real disappointment in that video.

by Anonymousreply 183August 21, 2018 1:49 AM

R182 That camera guy did nothing. Absolutely nothing, except blame others.

by Anonymousreply 184August 21, 2018 5:23 AM

I thought bush was coming back

by Anonymousreply 185August 21, 2018 5:25 AM

One can hope R185. I sucked two dicks last week, one had a huge bush and the other was clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 186August 21, 2018 5:32 AM

Bush and foreskin are back. He missed the memo.

by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2018 8:29 AM

𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐂 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍

A white man who was caught on camera dragging an unconscious black man off a California train and leaving him on the platform will not face criminal charges over the incident.

Following an investigation, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said Tuesday it would not be pressing charges against the 71-year-old man after he told them he was only trying to get help.

Footage from the August 1 incident in Long Beach showed the man dressed in a suit dragging the unconscious passenger from the train as bystanders accused him of just trying to avoid delays to his commute.

Justifying their decision not to file charges, prosecutors said: 'It appeared (the) suspect intended to remove the victim from the moving train to the platform where he would be able to get help from paramedics.'

'Suspect's motive of avoiding any travel delays does not convert his behavior into criminal conduct.

Prosecutors had initially indicated they were considering a felony assault charge prior to them interviewing the man and viewing the surveillance footage, the Long Beach Post reports.

The man, who authorities said has no criminal background, told investigators he is a 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄.

The man was filmed saying 'let's get him off the train' and 'it's gonna hold up the train for everybody'.

As he was dragging the passenger from the train, the unconscious man's pants fell down. He was filmed pulling up the man's pants before returning to the train to retrieve the passenger's belongings.

The man then jumped back on the train and took a seat when the doors closed.

One passenger who was filming said: 'Dude just had a seizure and this white boy going to drag him off the f**king train so he doesn't miss his ride.'

Authorities said surveillance video from the train showed the man vomiting and asking a passenger to call 911 before he walked to the door and lied down.

After passengers were told the train wouldn't be moving, the man in the suit went back out onto the platform to check the unconscious man's pulse.

'I thought the man was drunk,' the man could be heard saying.

He then touched the man's face saying, 'Bro, are you responsive?. Okay, he needs paramedics.'

by Anonymousreply 188September 6, 2018 12:23 PM

I’m glad there was a satisfactory outcome.

But that black man dancing around, making accusations and doing NOTHING to help was so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 189September 6, 2018 12:29 PM

So it looks like the black camera guy is the one who should be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 190September 6, 2018 1:07 PM

R190 That camera guy was like all the DL millennials.

They work themselves up into a lather of misdirected hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 191September 6, 2018 11:47 PM

The camera man was doing the right thing. You do not touch a fallen person---much less drag them. 911 was called, so all anyone should have done was wait.

If the man suffered harm as a result of the dragging, (which was a strong possibility) having video proof would have been invaluable evidence. The camera did the right thing. Getting into a physical altercation with the dragger would have put the man in danger.

by Anonymousreply 192September 7, 2018 11:37 AM

I'm saying this as a black woman. Any arsehole of the black persuasion who wants to get shine off of my "humiliation" "committed by a white person" and hasn't even got the temerity to stay around and "protect" me from said ruffian, but films me in "white people aint shit mode". My family will come for your arse. And I will sue. Not all Skinfolk are kinfolk as snap happy fucker showed himself to be. The likkle bumbo....... You know what? Let me go somewhere for a few minutes and cuss several bumbos on behalf of the condition of Millennials with cameras.

by Anonymousreply 193September 7, 2018 11:55 AM

Not surprised the LA DA has rewritten history to make this white guy a hero.

The do the same with cops who shoot civillians and with priests who rape school kids and Jewish moguls who ejaculate on vulnerable underlings.

All .made possible by the Catholic, Jewish, and other Model Minorities in the LA DA,'s office.

by Anonymousreply 194September 7, 2018 12:08 PM

R194 Now you’re misdirecting your anger into three different directions.

You need Anger Management!

by Anonymousreply 195September 8, 2018 10:28 PM

He was right to take him off the train, but he should have stayed with him until help came. It is easier for paramedics to find a station than a train.

by Anonymousreply 196September 8, 2018 10:46 PM

R196 You’re right but the whining black should have stayed and played nurse. Instead of whining.

by Anonymousreply 197September 8, 2018 11:03 PM

R196, do you really think that paramedics would not be able to find a train in the station, but could find someone laying on the ground 3 feet from the train?

by Anonymousreply 198September 8, 2018 11:06 PM

[quote] The camera man was doing the right thing. You do not touch a fallen person

The former 𝑨𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄 appears to have had better insight into the problem.

by Anonymousreply 199September 8, 2018 11:31 PM

R199 Which 𝑨𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄 are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 200September 9, 2018 12:01 AM

The injured person must stay in the designated place.

The Emergency Rescue Team have the GPS Co-ordinates and will go to that point.

by Anonymousreply 201September 9, 2018 12:10 AM

I do not think any medical emergency is best treated by dragging someone a few feet and then walking away.

Even if some Army medic on DL tells you that is what you should do.

by Anonymousreply 202September 9, 2018 12:34 AM

See r188. The Army medic was on the train.

by Anonymousreply 203September 9, 2018 12:37 AM

Wait, so now he's a hero? To whom?

by Anonymousreply 204September 9, 2018 12:48 AM

During a recent CPR class, we were told that if you stop to help someone, it is assumed you will stay with that person until help arrives. If you leave, the Good Samaritan law doesn't apply to you. While they may not criminally charge the person who dragged the guy who had seizure, the guy who had the seizure could sue him in civil case.

by Anonymousreply 205September 9, 2018 1:03 AM

Wonder what the prosecutor would have decided if it were a black man dragging off a white man

by Anonymousreply 206September 9, 2018 1:03 AM

R205 The black man should have played the Good Samaritan and stayed with the person until help arrives— and not jump around cussing and cursing and pointlessly misdirecting his anger.

by Anonymousreply 207September 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Oh wait! The self-proclaimed army medic was the man who dragged the fellow off the train and then abandoned him.

When a Good Samaritan is that selfless, you can be sure he is right when he says dragging and dumping is the best thing to do for someone having a medical emergency.

I am sorry, R199. Thank you for pointing out this man's expertise.

by Anonymousreply 208September 9, 2018 1:11 AM

The white guy is just another asshole in a world full of assholes. If the seizure guy would have been white,he'd have done the same thing.Its not a race issue,its an asshole issue.

by Anonymousreply 209September 9, 2018 1:47 AM

You don't move people who have spinal or bone injuries or concussions or some kinds of stab wounds, but you do move everyone else to help them. Some of you need to get a grip because you're going to let somebody choke to death.

by Anonymousreply 210September 9, 2018 1:54 AM

Thank you for your general warning R210.

But this person in this incident didn't have spinal or bone injuries; they were just drunk and vomiting.

by Anonymousreply 211September 9, 2018 2:12 AM

R211, you do not know what the issue is with the man. You do not know if he was drunk or if he had an injury.

And neither did the "Army medic." If you do not know what has incapacitated someone, you do not move them. And if for some reason you need to move someone you stay with them--especially if you are a former "Army medic" and can give assistance.

by Anonymousreply 212September 9, 2018 2:47 AM

Do you bitches defending the white guy think you are smart or something? You DO NOT move someone who might be having a medical issue without a compelling reason. EVERYONE knows this. It's First Aid 101. Do you think that we're all stupid and falling for your gaslighting bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 213September 9, 2018 3:07 AM

R213, dragging people can stimulate blood flow and a change of air (even if only a change of 6 feet), can help revive an unconscious person. And it is always best to step away to that they have privacy as they come to.

I am a former school nurse, EMS trainer, and radiologist, so I know what I am talking about.

by Anonymousreply 214September 9, 2018 12:05 PM

I hope R214 is kidding,😳

by Anonymousreply 215September 9, 2018 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!