Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WORST VACATION YOU EVER TAKEN

Bad rooms? Bad weather? Racist or homophobic businesses? Tell us about your worst experiences ever and we can nitpick and judge!

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2018 4:30 AM

Two days/night at Disney World with my ex-partner's family and all their kids (they stayed longer).

Crowds everywhere, kids everywhere, most hellish humidity and heat I've ever felt, crap food and crappier hotel.

The only nice thing was drinks by the pool after the sun went down. The poolside bar had a nice 12-year Scotch and the kid working it thought it was $5 per glass. I didn't correct him.

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2018 1:43 AM

[quote]WORST VACATION YOU EVER TAKEN

Oh, DEAR!!!

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2018 3:05 AM

My two friends and I thought we were going to a wonderful resort, but the accommodations were unacceptable. The room was small, no ocean view, flies and we had to share a bathroom with the room next door! A moonlight boat ride with some gentlemen friends turned into a nightmare as the boat began to sink. Luckily we were not far from shore, but we had no idea where we were on the island. Tempers were short, secrets were revealed but in the end, we left better friends.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2018 3:15 AM

Why did you write IN ALL CAPS? Why did you say "you ever taken" instead of "you've ever taken?"

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2018 3:33 AM

r4 I am sorry. English is not my first language.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2018 3:52 AM

r4 It's my 5th.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2018 3:52 AM

Have been to Transylvania Romania which is quite pleasant. Thought a trip to Constanta Romania on the Black Sea would be interesting. It was a fly-specked, falling-down dump where three out of the four attractions on the tourist brochure were boarded up with smashed windows. The gypsies in Transylvania are dignified and old-fashioned -- the ones on the coast were more the Jersey Shore kind. Everything oozed with a sort of cagey misery. The woman I was traveling with demanded to know, "Why are we here? Nothing has gone right in this place in a hundred years. Why are we here?"

I really didn't have an answer.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2018 3:56 AM

Back in 2000, I was working in England and decided to stay in London for 2 days after the gig was up. Attempting to save money, I tried a youth hostel. OMG - DISGUSTING. Dirty, smelled like piss, I didn't even venture into the dirty share room. Left. Tried to get another hotel late that night, but everything decent was booked. I stayed at a motel that had a lumpy mattress and mildew/mold in the shower that I refused to use. UGH! That ruined the next day for me. I couldn't wait to leave London after that. Shitty hotel = shitty trip for me.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2018 4:06 AM

I booked a newly opened 5 star property on my timeshare exchange co Interval (they have Marriott, Sheraton) in Playa del Carmen mid April. I took a bus from Cancun airport arriving just as it was getting dark. There was a big line of cabs available with a guy at the head of the line asking where to? I showed the address and he didn’t know it nor did the cab drivers..I’m a blond middle age attractive gal. I went to a place where a guy looked it up and jotted the address down. The cabbie couldn’t find it and went into some hotel and called to my place...I finally got there and the beds were like concrete. it was ten pm and hot and humid. There was a drunk guy passed out on the sidewalk nearby and I checked to see if he was dead. The beach was more crowded than Waikiki. the toilet was overflowing not from backing up after flushing. The concierge was a time share pusher with a separate co. the desk clerk didn’t speak English. they yelled my name at 7 am pounding on the door for a tour I canceled when I read a review that said don’t go. They called the room non stop too. I emailed my airline and took a cab to Cancun airport and was gone 36 hours after arriving.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]WORST VACATION YOU EVER TAKEN

WORST THREAD TITLE EVAH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2018 4:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!