Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC Part Six

What are anyone's thoughts about correspondents like Mariana Atencio? Alex Witt? John Heilemann? Yasmin Vossoughian? Ayman Mohyeldin? Ari Melber? Let's get this conversation going.

by Anonymousreply 600August 28, 2018 11:31 PM

why is that old lady with the big blonde wig on the air???? is she married to a big shot? good god, her and katy kay shoud take a long vacation to the Plastic Surgery Spa of Hollywood Blvd...'

love ari melber, he is hot, smart and witty. he my fave next to Lawrence O'Donnell, best hour on tv. (brian Williams is awesome too)

Heilmann is amusing, I reckon joe keeps him on to make him look good in comparison, likewise with the the ever matronly, Mika....mercy hun, joe is doin the gals in the back office while u run ur mouth....we weep for thee hun.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2018 12:03 PM

Yasmin seems like a cool person, and I like her unique look.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2018 12:30 PM

Did anyone catch the spat between Nicolle Wallace and John lHeilmann yesterday when Nicolle asked him to name Republicans willing to stand up to the president? He could only name Orrin Hatch to which she responded "Orrin Hatch who said Trump is the best president ever?" He couldn't name anyone else, but insisted they exist. Nicolle brought it up later and he got PISSY and said something to the effect of "Do you really want to start a fight about this?" Then she said OK "I'll give you a minute to come up with more." So he blurted out John McCain. It was the tensest I've seen it on the show.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2018 3:20 PM

Any evening without an appearance by Daniel Goldman makes me sad.

Mimi Rocah is OK, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2018 3:37 PM

They should push Ali (Uggo) Velshi over and give hotty Danny Cevallos his own show...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2018 4:18 PM

I haven't seen Rick Wilson on MSNBC in a while. He seems to have transitioned entirely to CNN. Wonder why that is

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2018 4:24 PM

Rick WHO?

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2018 4:54 PM

Interesting story from Politico about the beloved Steve Schmidt. They’re speculating he publicly announced he switched parties because the possibility of running the presidential campaign of former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2018 5:08 PM

I don't think he switched to Dems, just quit the GOP

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2018 5:11 PM

So Nicolle filled in for Rachel the other night, but today John Heilleman is filling for Nicolle. All part of the summer vacation season thing that happens all over the media.

Only people really egotistical or very insecure in their jobs don't take the time off they have earned.

You know who they are; they're afraid a fill-in host will be more popular.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2018 8:25 PM

I like Ali Velshi. He may be “uggo” to some but he knows his stuff.

John H is doing a great job hosting Nicole's show. Any chance that he can replace Mr. Yo MSNBC Raps! at the 6:00 Show?

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2018 8:31 PM

Maddow is sorely missed whenever she's off. Usually that's how I realize that I take her for granted the rest of the time. I love O'Donnell too, I like his pace and style. But Maddow is always a couple of days ahead of everybody else so she really is the best one.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2018 8:44 PM

Yes R3, I saw it and it was very uncomfortable. Around a 1/2hr into the show, she made a joke like, "you still have 28 minutes to come up with another one!"

I kept going back and forth between it being real tension and an otherwise friendly challenge. They're always professional and appear to have a good relationship, so I tend to think it was the latter.

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]"you still have 28 minutes to come up with another one!"

Ah, that's what she said. Thanks, R13. My hearing isn't the best. Closed captioning didn't pick it up and I tried rewinding a couple of times, but there was too much cross talk. Nicolle was pretty unfazed, but Heilmann truly seemed aggrieved, but seemed to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2018 9:48 PM

Heilmann tweeted this after the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2018 10:01 PM

The sexual tension between Nicole and Heileman is nearing historic proportions

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2018 10:08 PM

Well John Heilemann was subbing for Nicolle today

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2018 10:10 PM

I confess that I get a little uncomfortable when Mika gets into those righteous sermons about the family separations. I mean, I agree with her 100%, and it's wonderful that she's focusing attention on the issue still. But I find I'm taken aback by how full on she is.

It's not just a Mika thing, though. I felt the same way a month or so ago when Joe went on that acidic rant about Trump supporters attacking Robert Mueller (something, again, on which I agreed with him 100%).

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2018 10:11 PM

Ari is in for Rachel again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2018 11:03 PM

My God I just realized other than watching local news and when it's on, anything tennis, I only watch MSNBC and start with Morning Joe up to Rachel. Can't stay up past that. I think I know all the commentators foibles and love Nicolle, Ari, Rachel and Ali and Stephanie. The weak one for me is Chuck Todd - I switch to my local news at 5. John Heilemann (sp) is a wild card. Love the Circus on Showtime. Any time I can see Ken Dillanian's lips I'm happy too.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2018 11:13 PM

Ali Velshi is very good, r5, a top quality reporter and researcher.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2018 11:15 PM

What’s the name of the guy who hosts his own Sunday morning show at the end of which he answers tweets from his home audience? He’s not only smart, but his responses are very clever.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2018 11:23 PM

Cynthia Alksne (on Hardball right now) looks like Amy Schumer’s older sister!

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2018 11:27 PM

R22, are you thinking of Smerconish? He's on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2018 11:27 PM

This handsome man on Chris Hayes’s show....Ellie Honig.

What kind of man’s name is “Ellie”? Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2018 12:35 AM

yes he's hot, right down to the cleft in his hin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2018 12:37 AM

Yes r24 you are right. Sorry I mixed up the networks.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2018 12:39 AM

R11, Ali Velshi would be tolerable if he didn't feel the need to SHOUT into the camera. We do have these things called microphones these days.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2018 12:54 AM

I really like Danny Cevallos. He fits in nicely with the gang at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2018 12:56 AM

I miss Rachel. I realize now she's like my therapist getting me through this Trumpmare. I feel like the info is so chaotic, too much of it is getting lost - and she sort of gives a throughline for me. I know she's not forgetting 99% of the story while chasing the latest tweet or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2018 12:56 AM

Cevallos needs to tone down the OTT TV announcer delivery. He doesn't do it so much when in the studio, but gawd he turns it waaaay when up he's remote.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2018 12:58 AM

Is Elie pronoinced like Eely?

I think so.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2018 1:05 AM

Smerconish is very hot!

Why doesn't he get any DL love?

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2018 1:06 AM

MSNBC brought 3 new male contributors and they are all hot. Elie Honig is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2018 1:12 AM

Daniel S. Goldman getting some touch ups in the make-up room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2018 1:22 AM

I agree with the folks who miss Rachel. I can't watch her show when she's not on, no matter who the guest host is. (For the record, the all time worst sub for her show has to be Richard Engel, who subbed about a year or so ago and was so bad, I was embarrassed for him.)

One last thing, this isn't MSNBC but NBC related - I'm becoming increasingly smitten with reporter Gabe Gutierez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2018 1:48 AM

I agree about Ali R28. His show with Stephanie Ruhle can be physically PAINFUL to listen to. What's with the shouting?

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2018 1:58 AM

Alex Witt seems to have the dream job: she never has to leave the building and only works two days a week. Maybe she’s raising kids during the week? I’m not knocking her because I think she really knows the issues and can handle a panel of guests with great Q and A. Really nice hair, too.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2018 2:00 AM

I want to like Alex Witt but I just can't. I find my eyes drifting to her bottom teeth all the time.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2018 2:04 AM

What a pleasant surprise .... Nicolle Wallace is filling in for Brian.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2018 3:01 AM

Matt Apuzzo is losing a lot of weight also. I hope he is not going the Robert Costa route.

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2018 3:18 AM

I'm really surprised, given how quick and dramatic it was, that no one has ever questioned Robert Costa about his weight loss. He literally went from fat to insanely thin in just a matter of weeks. Granted, yes, that happens, but he lost it so fast to the point of looking ill. You would think, even if in just a passing statement while on the air at MSNBC, that he would've been asked about it if only to give him the opportunity to say "Don't worry, folks. I'm not sick."

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2018 3:22 AM

By the way, though he is insanely thin as I stated above, he still has that cute face. It's just a very thin face now.

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2018 3:27 AM

In 2018, commenting on or even verbally acknowledging someone’s weight loss or weight gain is a big no-no. Not surprised that no one dare bring it up to him on TV.

Maybe he’s tweeted about it.

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2018 3:33 AM

Also, r42, do you really watch MSNBC so constantly that it's not possible you missed a comment about Robert Costa's weight loss?

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2018 12:48 PM

There are plenty of comments and articles about Robert Costa’s weight loss in the internet. Google it.

Here’s one. It doesn’t look like his was a healthy way to lose weight (drink lots of black coffee - that’s what anorexics do).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2018 1:01 PM

NBC seems to be grooming the handsome and smart Brit correspondent Keir Simmons for bigger things. Along with DL fave Jacob Soboroff and some Today show regulars (Roker, Jenna Bush, Hoda and Savannah one day each) he was a fill-in host for vacationing Megyn Kelly at least two days at 9 am this week.

I could see him getting an MSNBC hour and a regular fill-in spot one weekend spot on Today, if he and his family want to move to the US. Or an hour on the cable network live from London. I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2018 2:09 PM

I thought Keir is primarily a "from-the-scenes" reporter/correspondent like Richard Engel. Would he translate well from a studio?

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2018 2:15 PM

The most important question is Can Kier drop Kanye and Jay Z and Kendrick raps into his news reporting. That is MSNBC’s criteria for giving straight white guys their own show.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2018 2:45 PM

I wonder if MSNBC has tried to test Ari's rap witticisms in focus groups. If they have, the demos must work out in his favor if he keeps plugging them and says he's grateful not to have interference from higher ups.

Does this mean we are out of that precious 25-54 segment if he keeps makes us cringe with rap lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2018 3:06 PM

^^ I don't know. To me, watching Ari talk about Rap and Hip-Hop would be like watching Barbra Streisand trying to perform it. It just doesn't work!

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2018 3:11 PM

too many posters here are STICK UP THE ASS boring old people. anything new (Ari) is scary. they must still want to watch Walter Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2018 3:14 PM

[quote]Alex Witt seems to have the dream job: she never has to leave the building and only works two days a week. Maybe she’s raising kids during the week? I’m not knocking her because I think she really knows the issues and can handle a panel of guests with great Q and A. Really nice hair, too.

Wrong. A few years ago when Steve Kornacki used to have a game show on his weekend program, Alex W appeared on it and had ZERO sense of current events despite covering it. It was all very basic information that a newsreader would know. It was embarrassing to watch. She’s is nothing but a TelePrompTer reader and not smart at all.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2018 3:20 PM

Alex Witt (along with Joy Reid's staccato speech pattern) is why I find myself turning into CNN more often than not most weekends.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2018 3:37 PM

Chris Jansing is the most deserving heir to the throne when Andrea Mitchell abdicates her noon-hour reign.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2018 3:43 PM

"...tuning into..."

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2018 3:45 PM

Chris Jansing is only 10 years younger than Andrea (really!) and she had a show on MSNBC for a long time before it was pulled years ago so I don’t see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2018 3:48 PM

Jansing is a senior national correspondent for NBC and gets to travel to cover big stories. I doubt she wants to go back to hosting a weekday hour. Filling in for everybody when she's in New York, looking fabulous as she does, is probably a good gig.

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2018 5:47 PM

Not liking that "after" pic @ r46 of Robert Costa.

His head looks triangular.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2018 5:49 PM

Chris Matthews? Chris Hayes?

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2018 7:54 PM

Ari is wearing an unconstructed jacket tonight that's not doing him any favors. I'm frankly shocked that his producers allowed it.

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2018 1:31 AM

Ari needs to shave too.

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2018 1:33 AM

Ari's looking kind of ashen lately. Is it the lighting?

I think Joyce Vance was stifling giggles about his wardrobe "don't" tonight.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2018 1:41 AM

he wore the same strange looking jacket on both of his shows tonight. not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2018 2:23 AM

Ari blocked me on Twitter once because I called his show boring

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2018 2:48 AM

That jacket only works on a very skinny body with narrow shoulders. Ari is too broad and muscular for that look.

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2018 3:04 AM

Agreed R59. He lost too much weight. And I should know!

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2018 4:04 AM

R63, R64, he's trying to grow a beard.

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2018 4:07 AM

Ari isn't broad and muscular. He has a wide torso, yes, but he is not muscular by any stretch of the imagination.

Robert Costa claims he lost all that weight by walking and drinking black coffee instead of with cream and sugar? Unless he was drinking six coffees a day, it doesn't tell the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2018 4:28 AM

Speaking of coffee...

John Heilemann's been subbing for Nicolle Wallace the last few days. Does a great job as a commentator, but not as the host. Waaaay too hyper. He's either on crack or drinks triple lattes between commercial breaks.

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2018 6:02 AM

I'm glad it's not just me (re Heilemann). That rapid fire speech stresses me out. I forgive you, Chris Hayes (mostly) - you beat the hell out of motor mouth.

And he had already bothered me as a guest on Morning Joe (which I finally had the good sense to give up) but also on Nicolle's show. Some people just can't get the rhythm right - either because they're on tv and nervous or they're just too manic in real life.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2018 6:29 AM

jonathan swann;::::swoooon

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2018 7:24 AM

Jonathan Swan is back on MSNBC? I haven't seen him in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Costa is all forehead now.

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2018 1:44 PM

Yes, it's like Costa lost weight everywhere but in his forehead..

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2018 2:45 PM

John Heilemann isn't good as a fill-in host.

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2018 4:27 PM

^^ What strikes me most about Heilemann is looks so obviously uncomfortable. like he definitely does NOT want to be there. He gives the impression that he was plucked at the last minute as there was no one else to grab the reins.

Why can't they have Steve Schmidt substitute instead?

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2018 5:18 PM

I like Heileman's energy. He appears ready for a fight, like he constantly wants to punch anyone, anywhere in the nose. I'll take that over sleepy Craig Melvin any time. (Though I like Craig)

Steve Schmidt has mush mouth. He'd make a terrible host but he's great at bellowing.

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Heileman is great on The Circus. He's a fun panelist and he did apparently draw Mika's ire after Friday's Morning Joe. He and Joe are bros and Mika's the dumb chick who can't understand their lingo.

by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2018 10:28 PM

I don't mind Heileman's sub-hosting. His lack of experience gives those shows a spontaneity they often lack.

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2018 10:33 PM

Katy Tur on her show a few days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2018 10:39 PM

In other news, Boris Sanchez needs to be tweezed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2018 4:39 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2018 11:42 AM

Ari has appeared with two-day growth countless of times. And it’s always a very neat, well-groomed shadow. Then he shaves.

It becomes him.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2018 2:06 PM

A man should either be clean shaven or have a beard. Anything in between looks sloppy.

It’s the same as a woman appearing as host of an MSNBC show with a rat’s nest of unbrushed hair or smeared lipstick. It’s distracting and makes her look silly and unprofessional.

Ari needs to grow up and care more about accurate reporting than trying to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2018 6:07 PM

Richard Lui?

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2018 6:18 PM

What I don't like about Ari is that a lot of his personality comes across very try-hard, almost as if he spent hours thinking of a quip, rather than saying something that he thinks of on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2018 6:56 PM

Ari and Voxs Liz Ppank are fucking

FYI

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2018 7:01 PM

It's Liz Plank, r88.

You misspelled her last name.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2018 7:08 PM

Ari is a treat to watch and listen to, no matter how shaved or unshaven he is. and scruff is hot.

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2018 7:21 PM

Kasie Hunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2018 9:58 PM

It's so funny R88 posted that because I think the same thing every time I see her on his show.

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2018 10:24 PM

Jonathan Fuck, er, Swan is on "Kasie DC" right now.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2018 12:02 AM

Thanks for the tip on Jon Swan....watching him now.

Fuck, with that haircut he looks about 18 years old.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2018 12:47 AM

Jonathan Swan leans to the right.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2018 12:51 AM

Jason Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2018 1:19 PM

I’ve gotten to like lawyer Barbara McQuade.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2018 4:48 PM

God, Danny Cevallos has the sweetest puppy-dog eyes. Gorgeous man.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2018 5:16 PM

I like McQuade also, But doesn't she look like what Peppermint Patty would look like if she were adult and not animated?

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2018 5:40 PM

LOL r99

So what are you trying to say about her, huh r99?

LOL Just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2018 6:05 PM

R100 Actually, I'm not. lol She's mentioned her husband a few times. I don't think she's butch, just resemblance. ;)

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Count me among Barbara McQuade's fans, too. Her commentary is usually very insightful and there is just something endearing about her attempts to smile and look comfortable on camera.

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2018 6:15 PM

"Yasmin seems like a cool person, and I like her unique look."

What would that be? Rhinoplasty gone wrong?

I turn the channel because I can't look at her, I'm amazed they'd let her on the air with that face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2018 6:17 PM

R81 I also like Ari’s perfect 2 day shadow. I thought maybe he was going to trade his rap in for the George Michael look and songs. Maybe some trivia.

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2018 6:19 PM

Does anyone know if Rachel's back tonight?

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2018 6:22 PM

Morgan Radford?

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2018 7:55 PM

R105, Rachel Equality?

by Anonymousreply 107August 6, 2018 8:26 PM

Elise Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2018 10:00 PM

Elie Honig is on with Ari Melber right now

by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2018 10:10 PM

I like Barbara Mcquade better than Joyce Oats or whatever her name is. I’m sure she’s funny hagging with her boys at a bar, but on tv she kinda grates

by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2018 10:11 PM

Joyce Carol Oates LOL

I didn't know she wrote books and practiced law too.

j/k ;)

by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2018 10:13 PM

I love Ari. I don't like obvious Republicans, like Podherst and no I can not spell his name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2018 10:22 PM

Why is Ari in LA?

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2018 10:25 PM

Ari is going to spit some hot rhymes in the studio later tonight. Everyone knows that Dr Dre only records in LA.

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2018 10:28 PM

I wonder if Ari raps to his partners as part of his lovemaking technique. I also can see him putting on some Luther Vandross to get those drawers off of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2018 10:33 PM

Why is Ari interviewing Rosie? I like her and I like him but I don't understand why she's on today.

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2018 10:34 PM

Rosie is doing a great job on “The Beat” and she’s speaking the truth.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2018 10:37 PM

Rosie and others are having a rally in D.C. tonight.

by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2018 10:37 PM

yes, Rosie is killling it

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2018 10:38 PM

Rosie will be on throwback Friday!!!

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2018 10:42 PM

Yes, Rosie told the straight-up truth and I loved every fucking minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2018 10:49 PM

Brava Rosie!

She really told it like it is and I love her anew for it.

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2018 10:54 PM

Rosie O'Donnell? OK come at me bro, but I will always love her (sung just like Whitney at her peak).

by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2018 10:55 PM

Kornacki in for Chris Matthews tonight.

Blah.

by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2018 11:01 PM

Yes she was great. I wish she had plugged her rally tonight. I came into the show halfway through and couldn't figure out why she was on.

by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2018 11:02 PM

I have a theory that Chris Mathews has Kornacki sub for him because he’s sees him as no threat.

by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2018 11:14 PM

I still think Robert Costa is cute. I wonder if losing all that weight helped him get laid more?

by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2018 11:18 PM

Mr. Sexy Lips (aka Ken Dilanian) is on.

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2018 11:21 PM

Ha ha Rosie ended her interview with Ari by rapping some Notorious BIG lyrics. The look on Ari’s face: “Thank God I don’t look like a silly whitey rapping like Rosie does!”

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2018 11:45 PM

Love the bitchy tone Chris Hayes just used to shade Mike Pence. Let that bitchy queen out, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 130August 7, 2018 12:24 AM

Nicole W. in for Rachel tonight.

Good news. Nicole says Rachel will be back tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 131August 7, 2018 1:00 AM

It amazes me how many DLer’s are MSNBC fans. Nicolle is getting more comfortable in Rachel’s time slot. I wonder if Rachel has been fishing for days or did something a little more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 132August 7, 2018 1:05 AM

Craig Melvin is scrumptious. Even with his raspy 'Ahh, ahh, ahh...' every five seconds...

by Anonymousreply 133August 7, 2018 5:13 PM

Ken Dilanian was a football star in college, Eli Stokols was a baseball star in college and Jonathan Lemiere was a track star. Love these jocks.

by Anonymousreply 134August 7, 2018 8:33 PM

Did Stokols play in college? I've just seen an article that he played at University High School somewhere in So Cal. It's interesting how Lemiere bagged out on his track career to focus on journalism. Smart choice.

by Anonymousreply 135August 7, 2018 8:41 PM

Love Steve Schmidt ripping Paul Ryan a new asshole on Nicole’s show. The Republican evil extends far beyond Trump.

by Anonymousreply 136August 7, 2018 8:48 PM

I would sniff and lick Danny C for several hours non stop

by Anonymousreply 137August 7, 2018 9:12 PM

Steve Kornacki just right now: “Let’s see if I can get it up”, while he was playing with his interactive screen.

Steve, I would certainly like to see that.

by Anonymousreply 138August 7, 2018 9:40 PM

I really like Betsy Woodruff. She really seems to enjoy are job.

by Anonymousreply 139August 7, 2018 10:14 PM

Is Ari doing his show from LA now?

by Anonymousreply 140August 7, 2018 10:38 PM

It is sad that Ari shaved. His stubble was so cute!

by Anonymousreply 141August 7, 2018 10:41 PM

What is Ari up to? Why is he having this right wing Candace Owens woman on spewing out her conservative BS?

Why does he always play the "both sides do it" game?

by Anonymousreply 142August 7, 2018 10:42 PM

Typical Rupublican bitch who won't shut up and let anybody else talk. That's one of their biggest tactics.

by Anonymousreply 143August 7, 2018 10:43 PM

shut her up. she is wasting all our time!

by Anonymousreply 144August 7, 2018 10:45 PM

Well...that went...terribly.

Conservative won't let Liberal talk even when it's HIS turn. What else is new?

Shame on you Ari for even having her on.

by Anonymousreply 145August 7, 2018 10:47 PM

Who is this spaz talking about Ohio. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 146August 7, 2018 11:55 PM

I'll bet Steve is a hot fuck on the nights of election coverage.

by Anonymousreply 147August 7, 2018 11:59 PM

I think he'd be too distracted.

by Anonymousreply 148August 8, 2018 12:06 AM

Barbara McQuade looking a little glam on Rachel's show tonight. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2018 1:59 AM

It’s strange how Brian Williams almost always references watching CNN on his show. It looks like he watches CNN prime instead of his own network.

by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2018 4:32 AM

Al Hunt + Judy Woodruff = Betsy Woodruff. Not sure why she uses her mother’s last name. She can thank both of them for passing along the journalism gene.

by Anonymousreply 151August 8, 2018 1:17 PM

Kornacki's insane antics reporting on Ohio 12 last night made Lawrence's show unwatchable. And I never turn LO off.

by Anonymousreply 152August 8, 2018 2:02 PM

Barbara did look pretty last night on Rachel. I hope she doesn’t disappear from the network once the Mueller saga ends. I think if she and Danny Cevallos did a show together, the MSNBC gays, and the hags who love them, would tune in.

by Anonymousreply 153August 8, 2018 2:26 PM

Kornacki is unwatchable on election nights. There comes a time in your life when enthusiasm turns to bat-shit craziness that no one has time for.

by Anonymousreply 154August 8, 2018 3:53 PM

"once the Mueller saga ends"

I have a feeling it will never end!

by Anonymousreply 155August 8, 2018 4:00 PM

Betsy Woodruff is one sharp cookie. Regardless of her progeny, she is one of the best young pundits/journalists on TV. She has a slight jaw imbalance which I find kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 156August 8, 2018 4:15 PM

Stephanie Ruhle came close to screaming with righteous anger about this repub trumpie Congressman arrested for insider trading today. She knows her Wall Street shit.

by Anonymousreply 157August 8, 2018 4:47 PM

The heat wave in Europe, which has been very serious, resulted in some unusual feature stories in the US:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 8, 2018 4:54 PM

Love love love Stephanie. She got a great quirky sense of humour. I enjoy the banter with Ali Velshi.

by Anonymousreply 159August 8, 2018 4:54 PM

R151, Betsy's parents are not the journalists you mention. It's apparently a common mistake that she rebutted in a tweet from 2017.

Like R156 said, she's proven herself to be an impressive journalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 8, 2018 9:23 PM

What really throws me about Betsy Woodruff is that she's an alumnus of ultra conservative Christian Hillsdale College in Michigan. Erik Prince is among its notable alumni (Betsy was too stupid to be accepted)

by Anonymousreply 161August 8, 2018 9:43 PM

LOL! [R99] I'll never be able to see her any other way. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Katie Tur’s parents are interesting folks. Her father transgender activist Zoey Tur used to be a news helicopter pilot. Her mother, Marisa Gerard is best known as an American Journalist and photographer. I would assume Katie’s family can be very entertaining.

Some of the comments made by poster’s have been really funny. I laughed-out-loud a few times and my little dog thinks I’m crazy.

by Anonymousreply 163August 8, 2018 9:50 PM

Ari embarrassing himself

And budding rap aficionado Mike Lupica.... (Mike baffled)

Mike, you have one minute to come up write a rap lyric about interrogatories (Mike sputtering and laughing)

Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 164August 8, 2018 10:20 PM

no, ^ Lupica wanted to rap out immediately. Ari made him wait.

by Anonymousreply 165August 8, 2018 10:29 PM

Yes, Elie Honig did all he could to not roll his beautiful heavy-lidded bedroom eyes.

by Anonymousreply 166August 8, 2018 10:30 PM

I wasn't paying full attention since the cringe factor got to me, R165

by Anonymousreply 167August 8, 2018 10:35 PM

I love the body language on the Velshi and Ruhle Show. You can tell exactly what they’re thinking by the way they position themselves in those chairs.

by Anonymousreply 168August 8, 2018 10:39 PM

The whole Ari "woke rap fan" persona is contrived and forced. It's bordering on "Andy Cohen reminding us he smokes pot because he's cool!!!!" levels.

by Anonymousreply 169August 8, 2018 11:04 PM

R168 - What is it that they’re thinking?

by Anonymousreply 170August 8, 2018 11:20 PM

I agree, R161, I am always rather suspicious of Betsy Woodruff because of the ultra-conservative connections in her past (Hillsdale College alumna, former [italic]Washington Examiner[/italic] intern, and her fellowship at the National Review Institute). However, I don't detect any conservative leanings in her current reporting, so perhaps she has succeeded in escaping those early influences. Most with that kind of background don't break free, or even want to do.

However, she does kind of look like a sister wife to me; fortunately, she doesn't dress like one, at least not whilst on the air.

by Anonymousreply 171August 8, 2018 11:25 PM

[quote]Kornacki is unwatchable on election nights. There comes a time in your life when enthusiasm turns to bat-shit craziness that no one has time for.

It kinda felt like Chris Hayes was giving Steve the rush act last night during his show ("Yeah, uh huh, yeah, uh huh, yeah"). For the first time it made me wonder how the two of them get along off the set.

by Anonymousreply 172August 8, 2018 11:27 PM

I like Steve Kornacki’s excitement. It’s nice to see someone passionate about their work and interested in more than selfies and Instagram likes or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 173August 8, 2018 11:31 PM

I like Steve, too. I think he's good at what he does and I think he's cute. Would love to know more about his personal life, if he has a boyfriend, etc.

by Anonymousreply 174August 8, 2018 11:35 PM

Like R25, R26, and R34, I find Elie Honig, the new MSNBC contributor and former SDNY attorney, very handsome, and I'm strangely drawn to him. Unfortunately, his smallish eyes keep him from being thoroughly hot, IMHO, and he has an off-putting tic or habit of shifting his lower jaw to the side when he's not talking. However, if he's concealing a super furry chest underneath those smart-looking suits he wears on air, I'll gladly overlook those shortcomings and make him my bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 8, 2018 11:58 PM

I caught Elie Honig moonlighting today on a CNN panel.

Does MSNBC know that Elie is seeing other news networks?

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2018 12:25 AM

Elie give a strong gay vibe. anyone know him?

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2018 12:53 AM

Got to love Rachel’s show this evening. Especially if you are not a fan of Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2018 1:10 AM

Rachel is on fire tonight. Exclusive tape of Devin Nunes in private Republican fundraiser. Yes!

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2018 1:25 AM

R160 - you’re right, her parents have nothing to do with the news biz. My mistake. But, her fiancé is sure knee deep in it: he’s Jonathan Swann, according to the googlesphere.

by Anonymousreply 180August 9, 2018 1:45 AM

Nicolle was a vision in white on yesterday's show.

by Anonymousreply 181August 9, 2018 1:51 AM

Part of Betsy Woodruff’s charm is she loves what she does and it shows. She handles herself quite well for being young.

by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2018 1:58 AM

I can't pronounce any of those names. Probably the reason I don't watch MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2018 2:01 AM

So how do you think Nunes feels this evening. What an ass.

by Anonymousreply 184August 9, 2018 2:30 AM

Nicole Wallace is among the best in her medium; however, she needs to stifle her annoying laughter which often cuts off the other person's delivery. You are not on that set to sit and converse among yourselves like an after work happy hour.., your job is to engage and inform your audience.

Did you know Jeffrey Toobin's mother was the late great Marlene Sanders of NBC!

by Anonymousreply 185August 9, 2018 4:04 AM

Lorna kid is always more than energetic, but last night, he was MANIC. It felt like Steve Kornacki on steroids, and was really hard to take.

He was stammering and stuttering like crazy. It shouldn’t take 3 shots to get out a thought. I’ve always been a fan of his, but last night, I had to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 186August 9, 2018 5:13 AM

Sorry about the above post.

Somehow, Kornacki was autocorrected as Lorna kid. TF.

by Anonymousreply 187August 9, 2018 5:42 AM

I agree R185 and R186. Nicolle is too informal - laughs too much like you say - her questions have too many dependent clauses and drive me nuts - I think she just flat talks too much.

Which is funny because I'm winnowing down to one MSNBC-er - Rachel. And of course, she talks more than Nicolle, but mainly because she runs at least half her shows by herself. But that's ok with me. There's so much overkill anyway if you watch all the shows.

With Kornacki and similarly manic Chris Hayes, I have a feeling some sort of medicinal stimulants might be involved but maybe they're JUST THAT INTENSE!!!

Wrong thread I know, but sorta related -- so many MSNBC folks have annoyed me - first Morning Joe - and then working thru their lineup just to Rachel (and hell, Brian Williams is ok if I want an extra dose) --- anyway, I've started recording Anderson Cooper's show. Tonight he covered the California fires. Maybe they did on MSNBC too, I don't know because I limited myself to just Rachel, but I 'think' CNN throws in some non-political stuff, like the fires, a bit more often -- and with Anderson recorded, if he has Dershoshitz r any other Repugs I can fast forward. I've always had a bit of a crush on Anderson - he calms me down. And Rachel is my therapist thru the Trump nightmare. Put together with BBC and France 24, I think I'm about set.

Bye Nicolle, it was fun (sometimes) while it lasted. Mainly I'll just miss Steve Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 188August 9, 2018 9:08 AM

For me one of the most calming presences is Joyce Vance. I find her pronouncements so reassuring and trustworthy

by Anonymousreply 189August 9, 2018 11:51 AM

Nicolle detractors keep on being cunty as we have missed the most exciting thing ever today. Betsy Woodruff of Brian Williams's similar untoward jaw, is celebrating her love for your own very Jonathan Swann! She has no tits to compensate for the jaw, yet they're engaged!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 9, 2018 12:00 PM

Barbara McQuade has always reminded me of someone. Since I know a lot of women lawyers, I assumed she looked like one of them whose name I just couldn't remember. But now that DL has pointed it out, I realize that she really does resemble Peppermint Patty! I like them both.

by Anonymousreply 191August 9, 2018 6:52 PM

Does anybody watch Phil Mudd on CNN? He looks like a grown up Pigpen.

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2018 7:20 PM

For some reason Barbara McQuade also reminds me of a younger Elizabeth Holtzman.

I've always enjoyed both women's commentary, but I wasn't aware of all of Elizabeth's accomplishments until I found the linked article. She has a really impressive list of "firsts."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2018 7:32 PM

I have to plug my ears at the end of each Rachel segment when that annoying page-turning-crackle sound is played. Why the need for that audio transition? We know the show is going to break because she announces it.

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2018 7:51 PM

I love Joyce Vance too (and of course, Jill Winebanks). Great to have these professional women with such gravitas, commentating. Meanwhile on CNN, there's Dershowitz oyyy.

by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2018 8:11 PM

what show on MSNBC doesn't have the "crackle" effect (each different of course) for each break?

by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2018 8:37 PM

WOW! Nicolle Wallace just went off on Charlie Sykes (a frequent guest on her show) after playing a clip from Laura Ingraham's Fox show that David Duke commented on.

Nicolle asked the panel for commentary on the implications of having an endorsement from the KKK and Sykes tried to say it was a type of "nativism" from the right's rhetoric and she sharply corrected him and said "it's RACISM, not nativism!"

He then tried to say it was an ideology embraced by some republican heroes like Reagan, McCain etc and Nicole went off again and said none of them embraced the type of blatant racism of Trump, Ingraham and their followers that's happening today.

It was great!

by Anonymousreply 197August 9, 2018 8:46 PM

I like lawyer Chuck Rosenberg, former US Attorney.

His eyes are always seriously bloodshot. He also has those nodules on his face. A lot of them. What are they called? No matter, he speaks well. It’s just noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 198August 9, 2018 8:54 PM

Wallace is too young and too ignorant about history to know how the Sainted Ronnie energized his racist base during the 1980 campaign at the Neshoba County Fair, MS.

Trump is simply the culmination of 50 years of direct and dog-whistled appeal to white racists.

by Anonymousreply 199August 9, 2018 9:21 PM

I too was molested.

by Anonymousreply 200August 9, 2018 9:38 PM

Is "Lorna Kid" the new "Lens Dunham"?

by Anonymousreply 201August 9, 2018 9:41 PM

[quote]He then tried to say it was an ideology embraced by some republican heroes like Reagan, McCain etc

I'm not sure he said that. I thought he said the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 202August 9, 2018 11:05 PM

Steve Kornacki (sitting in for Matthews) can't start a sentence without an introductory stammering. He just varies the frequency of the mid-sentence e-e-e-e-e-'s

by Anonymousreply 203August 9, 2018 11:18 PM

Chris Matthews needs to come back. Steve Kornacki is putting me to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 204August 9, 2018 11:20 PM

Why is msnbc running an ad for electing Kavanaugh, featuring some "registered democrat" who worked for him?

by Anonymousreply 205August 9, 2018 11:32 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ^

by Anonymousreply 206August 9, 2018 11:41 PM

To be such a serious political reporter, Jonathan Swan strikes me as being a bit of a cut-up in his offscreen personality.

by Anonymousreply 207August 9, 2018 11:48 PM

Ashley Parker needs to either match her face and neck makeup, hit the tanning bed, or forget about low-cut tops for her TV appearances. A tan face with a white neckline is clownish.

by Anonymousreply 208August 10, 2018 8:48 PM

The lighting on Nicolle's show is to die for today.

by Anonymousreply 209August 10, 2018 8:56 PM

So Joe and Mika were both on everyday this week, although Joe was not on set all week (he seems to be in Florida a lot, maybe because a parent is very ill?) His contract seems to allow him to host from an u disclosed location, and if it's for family reasons, good for him I suppose.

But it makes for a weird panel. When are they getting married, anyway? Any inside info? It is August, when supposedly news takes a nap.

by Anonymousreply 210August 10, 2018 9:57 PM

Why does Stephanie Rule have two shows per day?

by Anonymousreply 211August 10, 2018 10:05 PM

The gay who does Nicolle's hair deserves all the accolades.

by Anonymousreply 212August 10, 2018 10:07 PM

Stephanie does the second show with Ali Velshi, r211. The show she does with him is called Velshi & Rhule.

by Anonymousreply 213August 10, 2018 10:11 PM

Ari and his ties...smh

by Anonymousreply 214August 10, 2018 10:11 PM

OK so it looks like Ari is falling into this pattern of shaving just on Tuesdays and Thursdays - or maybe on Wednesdays and Thursdays??

Basically he starts the week with a nicely trimmed dark stubble left over from razor-free weekends, then cleans up by Tuesday or Wednesday, and now on Friday he’s already showing 24-hour shadow.

by Anonymousreply 215August 10, 2018 10:14 PM

And yes, that tie on Ari tonight is ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 216August 10, 2018 10:39 PM

Betsy Woodruff seemed to be putting on airs every time she comes on MSNBC. She thinks she's funny with her conservative thoughts but I think she is stuck up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 10, 2018 10:42 PM

Ashley Parker has tig ol bitties. They’re not usually on display when she’s on TV but they’re there.

I haven’t seen McKay Coppins, everyone’s favorite Mormon, on MSNBC in a while. Another fey straight guy. I like him.

by Anonymousreply 218August 10, 2018 11:15 PM

Elie Honig ALERT! He's on with Chris Hayes as I spe...uhh type!

by Anonymousreply 219August 11, 2018 12:23 AM

Chris pronounced Elie as "Elly," like the girl's name. That can't be right, surely.

Elie was looking totally dreamy this evening, except for his weird teeth.

by Anonymousreply 220August 11, 2018 12:46 AM

Elie looks like a platypus, with that nose.

by Anonymousreply 221August 11, 2018 12:54 AM

I love Ari but it wouldn't hurt him to shed a few of the extra pounds.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2018 12:57 AM

People are being very hard on Ari this evening. Hey it was Fall Back Friday what do you want from him?

by Anonymousreply 223August 11, 2018 12:59 AM

Ari, Ali, Ellie

Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2018 1:10 AM

Steve Schmidt, the man who never smiles, does so in acknowledgment of his role in having inleashed Sarah Palin upon the world; you would think his colleague Nicolle Wallace would show some contrition by toning down her hilarity.

There ain't a damn thing funny as the world fights to maintain its balance on the eve of destruction.

R192: Is Phil Mudd related to Roger Mudd and Dr. Mudd, the latter who lives in infamy as the doctor who treated escapee John Wilkes Booth's injuries? Dr. Mudd was one of co-conspirators who was spared from the noose.

by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2018 1:21 AM

How can people tell if Ari has a few extra pounds? I've rarely seen him when he's not behind a desk.

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2018 1:24 AM

You can still see his face when he's sitting behind a desk, dear.

by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2018 1:25 AM

r225, do you know that Nicole Wallace never actually voted for McCain/Palin in 2008? She claims she "forgot" to vote, but some of us know better.

She was in love with John McCain as a candidate (and still strongly admires him as a man), and she "forgot" to vote for him? Sure Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2018 1:26 AM

I believe in redemption. Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace are making amends. Both have a really sharp tongue for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 229August 11, 2018 1:30 AM

[quote]I wonder if MSNBC has tried to test Ari's rap witticisms in focus groups. If they have, the demos must work out in his favor if he keeps plugging them and says he's grateful not to have interference from higher ups

That ones easy, Jewish boys are not considered cool, all the ones I know LOVE black anything especially Rap. because they think its cool. Ari is really typical of that. Ironically, as adults they don't tend to get along as neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 230August 11, 2018 1:31 AM

Pallin wasn't Schmidt's or Wallace's choice. They worked with what they were given and quickly picked up on her incompetence and nastiness, nastiness that she used to incite crowds, arouse anger and cause the divisions we now see not just across the country and between Democrats and the GOP, but within the GOP itself. Schmidt tried to put the brakes on her and something went on between Wallace and Palin that was more personal. She accused Nicolle of setting her up for failure in the famous Katie Couric interview when she could not answer the simplest question asked, "What newspapers do you read?" A question that who read papers can name off quickly, or if they're don't and are savvy enough can just throw a few names out. Palin couldn't even mention the newspaper of record in Alaska's capital, yet it was Wallace's fault. Her rationale? That somehow Wallace had some sort of friendship with Couric and served Palin up on a platter for her. The relationship went downhill from there. I have no doubt that she did not cast a vote, knowing how close to the presidency someone as ignorant as Palin would be. The woman who didn't know what the Federal Reserve is or why there are two Koreas.

About the laughing -- the absurdity of everything that keeps coming out of the investigations and the many instances of White House's own glaring incompetence is really just absurd.

by Anonymousreply 231August 11, 2018 1:37 AM

If that is true r231 (and I have no reason to doubt you), then it means that despite her strong admiration for McCain, Wallace purposely didn't vote for him because she couldn't bring herself to cast a vote for someone who she knew was completely incompetent and would not be a good vice president, or God forbid, a president.

That actually just makes me admire her even more.

by Anonymousreply 232August 11, 2018 1:44 AM

Ugh. If Schmidt or Wallace had any integrity, they would have quit the McCain campaign once they learned how awful and stupid Palin is.

But they didn’t quit. Instead, they tried to hide the real Palin by making her palatable to the mainstream. This, justifiably, angered Palin who thought that she was perfect as-is.

Schmidt and Wallace didn’t jump ship. They sank with it. But unlike other Rs from those dark, pre-Barack days, they floated to the surface and landed cushy media jobs.

Admire them if you want but you should know the truth about their motivations and behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 233August 11, 2018 1:52 AM

Okay, let's talk about the other Schmidt -- Michael Schmidt of the NY Times. He's pretty damn cute. Not 'Jonathan Swan' sexy, but just kind of cute.

If only he had an upper lip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2018 4:55 AM

Jon Meacham was on Brian Willaims show tonight. I have such a crush on him. And he's so smart and knowing.

I would love to be at a dinner table where the three other guests are Meacham, Douglas Brinkley, and Michael Bechsloss. I wonder how well they know each other and if they're friends and hang out on occasion. Just imagine the conversations.

by Anonymousreply 235August 11, 2018 5:11 AM

Don't forget to invite Doris to your dinner party, R235.

by Anonymousreply 236August 11, 2018 5:13 AM

Anyone see Lawrence O'D on Reel Time with Bill Maher tonight? And I think he was on Colbert last week. What's the deal with his hair whenever he's on any show that isn't his own? It always looks a big longer and more combed to his left side. It makes him look so much better, almost handsome. Yet on his own show, it's pulled all the way back and he's starting to look like an old gremlin. Does anybody else notice the difference?

Kind of like how Rachel always wears her big, nerdy glasses on every other show. But never her own. And she's far more likable with the glasses.

by Anonymousreply 237August 11, 2018 5:23 AM

Here he is on Overtime...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 11, 2018 5:29 AM

R237, I've seen Chris Hayes on other shows with his hair looking very wavy, almost like he didn't bother to comb it before walking out on stage. (Makes him look kinda sexy actually.) I think they all tend to loosen up quite a bit outside of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 239August 11, 2018 5:42 AM

R234, I too think Michael Schmidt is a cutie and would love to know more personal info about him, but I get the impression that reporters like him and Roberta Costa keep super-tight lids on their personal lives due to the kind of work that they do. (There's a rumor Costa is actually married and has kids, though I've no idea if that's true.) Both being handsome, successful, young men, I can't imagine they're not fucking somebody at night (or during the day, whenever they have the time) but who or what is anybody's guess.

And for the three people here who may not know, my honey bunny Jeremy Peters is gay, out and married (to someone else, unfortunately for me).

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2018 5:58 AM

Good point R240. Schmidt gets a lot of the big scoops, and that I think in part is due to the fact that he never makes himself or his reporting part of the story. Unlike say, Chris Cuomo or Chuck Todd. He's very low key, and even when he's almost baited into talking trash about Trump & Co, he answers the questions in a way that gets the facts out there without infuriating President Cheeto. He'd never ever get a sit-down with him (as he has along with Maggie Haberman) if he laughed out loud like some of his colleagues when discussing said Cheeto.

Those bedroom eyes don't hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2018 6:08 AM

To each their own, but I just don't see it with Schmidt and Costa. Talk about AWG.

Now Vaughn Hillyard and Josh Earnest...I can get behind them.

As for Jeremy Peters, he's annoying me lately. Too much hand-wringing about Democrats. Girl needs to stop trying to be the next Andrew Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2018 8:01 AM

I get tingly for Hans Nichols...

by Anonymousreply 243August 11, 2018 9:07 AM

Is Josh Earnest even still with MSNBC? I haven't seen him on there in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 244August 11, 2018 1:14 PM

I believe Josh Earnest left MSNBC awhile ago to take a better payng job with an airline.

And no, I don't remember what airline it was.

by Anonymousreply 245August 11, 2018 2:12 PM

Yes, r236. I believe that the semi-annual meeting of Presidential Historians in the Media usually occurs at one of the presidential libraries. Last spring, it was at the LBJ museum in Austin, and Doris naturally presided over the agenda and planning. Small, intimate dinner for four.

In November, I think it will be Beschloss's turn to host, maybe at the Reagan place in California.

Sadly, they have had to seek a restraining order against Brian Williams, who always shows up uninvited, begging for a seat.

by Anonymousreply 246August 11, 2018 2:57 PM

So I'm intrigued by the self-assured, lantern-chinned Betsy Woodruff who hails from the cradle of Christian "Conservatism" Hillsdale College in Michigan and relentlessly chips away at Trump and all of his acolytes for just being a perversion against government as we know it and tromping all around the Constitution. What does she uphold as "Christian" principles and is fucking Jonathan Swann one of those?

by Anonymousreply 247August 11, 2018 3:37 PM

Ouch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 11, 2018 4:44 PM

These clips do not look good to watch right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 11, 2018 4:46 PM

Willie Geist is nothing more than a "bro journalist". The clips above say it all.

I don't find Schmidt or Costa attractive. I don't think any MSNBC on-air talent is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2018 5:09 PM

The clip at r248 is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2018 5:16 PM

Yeah, thanks for posting that, r248. I've always wondered why Willie Geist seems to have such a following. He has always seemed like a suck-up to whoever is hosting the show he is third or fourth banana on. Obviously he was in Tucker's corner on those shows, and Tucker has always been despicable.

Nobody watches Willie's consolation prize show Sunday Today, probably, so he sits in on the Joe and Mika show most mornings just waiting for....what? Joe to flame out or retire?

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2018 5:40 PM

Anybody see Jonathan Capehart sub for Joy Reid this morning? I know some are turned off by his effeminate mannerisms, but I think he's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2018 6:11 PM

Did Joy Reid get fired?

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2018 6:13 PM

No, despite the alt-right concern trolls blanketing the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2018 6:25 PM

Love the way our Jill's pins are being featured on the various MSNBC shows. Today it's a golfing figure dressed for prison.

#jill'spins

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2018 6:46 PM

Information regarding Josh Ernest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2018 7:07 PM

Katy Tur has been putting me to sleep. She is a Phish head for life. I just feel she gets a little kooky when she is on the air.

by Anonymousreply 258August 11, 2018 7:25 PM

Kasie 'D.C.' Hunt?

by Anonymousreply 259August 11, 2018 9:21 PM

Maddow, Reid, Ruhle, and Wallace are the best female journalists/hosts on MSNBC (Note - They're all older and more seasoned). The rest are a boring/grating blend of talking heads.

by Anonymousreply 260August 11, 2018 9:51 PM

I think Kasie ‘D.C.’ Hunt has made major strides in her hosting abilities. She seems much more comfortable and at ease.

Katie Tur gets more than a little kooky when she is on the air.

I’m glad Joy Reid didn’t get lot go.

by Anonymousreply 261August 11, 2018 10:11 PM

Hallie Jackson just goes on and on. She is very stiff when she is on camera.

by Anonymousreply 262August 11, 2018 10:43 PM

Hallie Jackson is too preoccupied with being perceived as “one of the guys” which makes her annoying. She needs to get some confidence.

by Anonymousreply 263August 12, 2018 12:00 AM

I agree, r263.

by Anonymousreply 264August 12, 2018 12:03 PM

Mika is such a cunt, going along with the 'boys' - I guess her anti bullying stance increased over the years when Trump called her 'not very bright and insecure' and he was the 1st to call out the Joe/Mika affair that everyone knew was happening. No wonder Mika's parents despise her.

by Anonymousreply 265August 12, 2018 12:26 PM

I am just wondering one thing. Who is jealous of whom? Katy Tur? Hallie Jackson? Peter Alexander? Stephanie Rhule? Chuck Todd? Ari Melber? Andrea Martin? Ali Velshi?

by Anonymousreply 266August 12, 2018 4:31 PM

Andrea Martin as in Edith Prickley?

by Anonymousreply 267August 12, 2018 6:31 PM

Katie Phang, the tough talking, no nonsense Legal Analyst, should get her own show. She’s a firecracker who knows her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 268August 12, 2018 6:37 PM

For those of you who haven't yet purchased a wedding gift for Eli Stokols upcoming wedding in mid-September, here is the registry link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 12, 2018 11:47 PM

Eli Stokols reminds me of Ben Domenech, Megan McCain’s husband. Even though Ben is a right wing loon, he was s frequent contributor on MSNBC but I haven’t seen him on the network in a long while.

by Anonymousreply 270August 13, 2018 1:17 AM

Well, Eli reminds me of Gerard Butler.

by Anonymousreply 271August 13, 2018 1:25 AM

Ma Boo Ari Member, Nicole Wallace, and Rachael...with a touch of Andrea Mitchell are my fave hosts

by Anonymousreply 272August 13, 2018 1:30 AM

R268 Katie Phang definitely is a firecracker that knows her stuff. I find her a breath of fresh air. She seems to enjoy her work.

by Anonymousreply 273August 13, 2018 2:05 AM

R243, well at least someone does.

by Anonymousreply 274August 13, 2018 6:23 AM

But the name of her show is SO cheesy R261.

by Anonymousreply 275August 13, 2018 6:24 AM

I hope, given time, that Peter Strzok will eventually emerge on MSNBC as a political analyst just like Clint Watts.

by Anonymousreply 276August 13, 2018 11:20 PM

Swalwell and Stokols on with Chris Matthews right now!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 277August 13, 2018 11:22 PM

Swalwell is cute.

by Anonymousreply 278August 13, 2018 11:24 PM

I agree r278. I think he's running for president too, even though some will say he is too young.

by Anonymousreply 279August 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Compared to the dinosaurs in contention, there is no such thing as too young.

by Anonymousreply 280August 14, 2018 12:15 AM

It’s interesting how Omarosa seems to be giving interviews and tapes to NBC exclusively.

by Anonymousreply 281August 14, 2018 12:21 AM

It's her home network.

by Anonymousreply 282August 14, 2018 12:26 AM

Swalwell seems like the exact opposite of Trump which is more than good enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 283August 14, 2018 12:28 AM

I love Swalwell and admire his intelligence and integrity but fear he would get chewed up in a Presidential election at his age.

by Anonymousreply 284August 14, 2018 1:47 AM

Swalwell would make another great VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 285August 14, 2018 1:48 AM

Yes!! Harris and Swalwell.

by Anonymousreply 286August 14, 2018 1:49 AM

I'm not sold on Kamala Harris.

by Anonymousreply 287August 14, 2018 1:53 AM

I agree Swalwell is hot. Wouldn't kick Jim Hines outta bed either.

by Anonymousreply 288August 14, 2018 2:03 AM

I really like Robert Costa but there is no way he lost all that weight just by walking and switching to black coffee as claimed in the link in R46.

by Anonymousreply 289August 14, 2018 2:38 AM

I am really starting to like Vaughn Hillyard, when he first started reporting for NBC/MSNBC, I was wondering where they dug this hayseed out from, my local reporters who are just absolutely horrible were as good as Vaughn. He has really grown into the job though. His reports still seem a little folksy but but more polished than they were when he first started reporting for the network.

Caught him hosting a discussion on C-Span the other night, it was close to the end when I found it but still interesting to see him in a different setting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 14, 2018 2:50 AM

Vaughn reported live on-air minutes after deplaning from the Pence flight that skidded off the runway. He was very shaken but held it together to give the audience his first-hand account of the rough landing. They should give him more and bigger assignments.

by Anonymousreply 291August 14, 2018 2:59 AM

Thank you for your kind words.

by Anonymousreply 292August 14, 2018 3:26 AM

Vaughn reminds me of N. Confessore in that he always has this unsettling twinkle in his eye.

by Anonymousreply 293August 14, 2018 3:29 AM

Who is that hot black guy filling in on weekends? This was the first time I've seen him.

by Anonymousreply 294August 14, 2018 6:02 AM

Vaughn Hilyard is the WASPist WASP who ever WASPed.

I mean, that name.

by Anonymousreply 295August 14, 2018 12:47 PM

Lol Andrea Still Kicking Mitchell intro’d an Omarosa story by reading from the TelePrompTer: “Next up, REALITY bites....”

It’s not like mosquito bites, Andi. It’s “reality BITES” as in, “reality sucks.” Oy. And we wonder why the younger audience is turned off by stale old media??

by Anonymousreply 296August 14, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]Wouldn't kick Jim Himes outta bed either.

Jim Himes is so sexy in glasses. Would love to watch him bounce Vaughn Hillyard on his dong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 14, 2018 4:48 PM

Yasmin Vossoughian had her second child on the 9th of August. It was a boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 14, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]It’s interesting how Omarosa seems to be giving interviews and tapes to NBC exclusively.

Well, not today. This morning she let fly with a new tape from the campaign fall 2016 where she's discussing the N-word recording with some flack for the campaign. This was on CBS.

I can't wait to hear how Nicolle covers this day when her show starts in a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 299August 14, 2018 7:48 PM

Has anyone noticed that MSNBC often has to use clips from CNN interviews (mainly with Chris Cuomo or Nicolle Wallace) to make a point but CNN never has to resort to using much from MSNBC?

I watch both networks fairly regularly. Please correct me if I'm in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 300August 14, 2018 10:28 PM

I've seen CNN use MSNBC clips at times.

by Anonymousreply 301August 14, 2018 10:49 PM

Why doesn't MSNBC hire Ari Shapiro as a pundit or guest host? I feel like his talent is being wasted on NPR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 14, 2018 11:08 PM

NY Times reporter and cutie Ken Vogel is gay, right? Has he been discussed much here?

by Anonymousreply 303August 14, 2018 11:27 PM

Ken Vogel is married to a woman, Danielle Rosengarten.

by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2018 12:18 AM

^ that's too bad.he looks like he'd be a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 305August 15, 2018 1:06 AM

Ken Vogel looks like an elf.

by Anonymousreply 306August 15, 2018 1:08 AM

I miss Alex Wagner, yeah I know she is on "The Circus" but I don't get Showtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 15, 2018 1:13 AM

OMG Chuck Todd with hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 15, 2018 1:14 AM

[quote]It’s interesting how Omarosa seems to be giving interviews and tapes to NBC exclusively.

Trevor Noah will be interviewing her on The Daily Show in a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 309August 15, 2018 3:16 AM

Is Alex Wagner still married to the sexy bald White House chef? Do they have babies?

Is this a wig on Jonathan L? His hair looks awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 15, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]why is that old lady with the big blonde wig on the air????

Who the hell is that, an old lady? Are you watching FOX, all the women look fake on that channel. The only old lady ever on MSNBC is that annoying smug Peggy Noonan, she's close to 70..

The only woman on MSNBC who appears to be wearing a wig is Joy Reid. I don't think any other woman is in a wig.

by Anonymousreply 311August 15, 2018 3:59 AM

On Morning Joe today, there was a report from the Iowa State Fair in which Vaughn was rubbing thighs with Michael Avenatti on what appeared to be a hotel staircase. I don't know which of the two I was more envious of.

by Anonymousreply 312August 15, 2018 7:04 AM

I'm with you missing the great Alex Wagner. John H has said on MSNBC that ratings for The Circus have improved since she became the second principal.

I also can't understand how MSNBC / NBC allowed Tamryn Hall to leave.

Today, this hour, DL fave Chris Jansing and NBC veteran reporter Anne Thompson, who covers the Vatican--both apparently lifelong Catholics--were justifiably furious about the sickening report of the PA Grand Jury on priest abuse of minors. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 313August 15, 2018 5:51 PM

Did anyone catch Chris Jansing smirking during the segment about paranoia in the West Wing?

by Anonymousreply 314August 15, 2018 6:10 PM

Tamron Hall quit, she wasn’t fired

by Anonymousreply 315August 15, 2018 6:32 PM

Chris Jansing’s “outrage” had no bite. She looked pretty silly.

She should have looked straight at that priest and said, “When I see a man dressed like you approaching me, I will cross the street. And I will point him out to my child so that she knows what a pedophile looks like.”

But of course she would never say that unless she wanted to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 316August 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Elie Honig sighting!

On with Ari right now!

by Anonymousreply 317August 15, 2018 10:08 PM

There’s our guy, Rep.Eric Swalwell. The more I here him speak the more respect I have for him.

by Anonymousreply 318August 16, 2018 12:29 AM

President Swalwell.

I like the sound of that.

by Anonymousreply 319August 16, 2018 1:42 AM

Spectrum is not giving me MSNBC and I really need it. CNN with their Trump apologist get on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 320August 16, 2018 1:50 AM

Stream it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321August 16, 2018 1:54 AM

Did anyone see Katy Tur and Elise Jordan talking about Brennan’s security clearance on MTP daily yesterday? I thought they were gonna literally start fighting.

by Anonymousreply 322August 16, 2018 1:09 PM

I did, r322.

I really thought Elise and Katy were about to come to blows on live television.

by Anonymousreply 323August 16, 2018 1:20 PM

What was the disagreement? I don't record MTP and I don't really like Chuck, Todd or Katy lol. So many talking heads, so little time...

by Anonymousreply 324August 16, 2018 2:27 PM

* I meant Chuck, Elise or Katy....

by Anonymousreply 325August 16, 2018 2:27 PM

I wasn’t aware that Elise Jordan lost her husband in a tragic automobile accident in Los Angeles at 4:30 am. In 2013. His last story he as working on was regarding Mr. Brennan. Apparently Mr. Brennan is not one of Elise Jordan’s favorites.

by Anonymousreply 326August 16, 2018 2:46 PM

R326, her bias was front and center yesterday in that segment on MTP. She was almost foaming at the mouth and would not shut the fuck up and let anyone else talk. I wish someone on the panel had mentioned that connection/history with Brennan (or her deceased husband's) to make her look like an even bigger fool than she already made of herself.

by Anonymousreply 327August 16, 2018 5:03 PM

That death of Michael Hastings (Elise Jordan’s husband) was so fucking sketchy. He was a frequent guest on Rachel’s show and he was investigating some big stories. Suddenly, a guy known as a very careful driver is killed after slamming into a tree in the middle of the night.

My guess is that he was silenced. I wonder what Elise knows.

by Anonymousreply 328August 16, 2018 5:20 PM

R328 I read a few articles online. Something was definitely sketchy. Michael Hastings wanted to borrow a car but the person said no. He was afraid to drive his. Next thing you know he was burnt to a crisp.

by Anonymousreply 329August 16, 2018 6:28 PM

Wasn’t Hastings caught up in that Rolling Stone article that exposed high ranking members of the military as frauds and cheats? He seemed to have a growing list of powerful people who wanted him silent.

by Anonymousreply 330August 16, 2018 6:31 PM

Rolling Stone Article ~ Michael Hastings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 16, 2018 6:35 PM

Elise Jordan, Hastings’ wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 16, 2018 6:39 PM

What's surprising about a man with a history of drug and alcohol abuse relapsing and driving over 100 mph on a residential street and losing control?

by Anonymousreply 333August 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism Richard A. Clarke said that what is known about the crash is "consistent with a car cyber attack." He was quoted as saying: "There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers — including the United States — know how to remotely seize control of a car. So if there were a cyber attack on [Hastings'] car — and I'm not saying there was, I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."

There’s more on Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 334August 16, 2018 8:40 PM

Zerlina Maxwell?

by Anonymousreply 335August 16, 2018 10:49 PM

Zerlina Maxwell, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 336August 17, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote]Lol Andrea Still Kicking Mitchell intro’d an Omarosa story by reading from the TelePrompTer: “Next up, REALITY bites....”

[quote]It’s not like mosquito bites, Andi. It’s “reality BITES” as in, “reality sucks.” Oy. And we wonder why the younger audience is turned off by stale old media??

Actually, R296, it is "Andi" (btw, wtf?) whose delivery was correct, and you are wrong. Obviously, her play on "Reality Bites" was designed to emphasize the source of Omarosa's fame: [italic]reality[/italic] television shows.

How could you miss that?

by Anonymousreply 337August 17, 2018 4:10 AM

Ari interviews Steve Bannon tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2018 4:14 AM

Ugh, hate, hate, hate Zerlina Maxwell. She is emblematic of the millennial who prides themself on their "wokeness," but from cradle to current has lived life in a bubble of privilege. Way too many of them in media punditry these days.

She and fellow privilege bubble-boy Robby Mook were TERRIBLE for Hillary's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2018 4:19 AM

I'm not watching Steve Bannon on Ari and I'm frankly POed at Ari for interviewing that turd in the first place.

What are you THINKING Ari???

by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2018 4:47 PM

I hope Ari at least bothers to shave that day, for the visual contrast with Bannon if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Yeah, the Bannon interview seems like a waste of time. I’ll be watching Rachel and then Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 342August 17, 2018 5:09 PM

Just caught Politico's Jake Sherman on MTP -- he's adorable! And the open collar of his shirt reveals an enticing hint of a very hairy chest on him. I want to see more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 17, 2018 6:48 PM

^^^^the very definition of AWG

by Anonymousreply 344August 17, 2018 6:49 PM

Why does Chuck Todd always take off from doing MTP?

by Anonymousreply 345August 17, 2018 7:16 PM

Why is Ari doing his show from an old C-Span set?

by Anonymousreply 346August 17, 2018 10:14 PM

What is going on with Mika? She was gone all week, and Joe was only there a few days. They've got the cushiest job in entertainment.

Why does MSNBC let them work only a few days a week, every week?

by Anonymousreply 347August 17, 2018 11:05 PM

How did Chuck Todd even get the MTP position? He's underwhelming and a pretty poor interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 348August 17, 2018 11:10 PM

Maybe they put it in writing, r347.

by Anonymousreply 349August 17, 2018 11:13 PM

What is going on with Joe and Mika? They're together, in the studio, maybe 5 days a month. Joe's usually off in a studio somewhere while Mika is either in the studio or doesn't show up at all.

I need their job.

by Anonymousreply 350August 17, 2018 11:21 PM

Joe and Mica should just retire, they can't be bothered to come to work...NBC should just hire another couple.

by Anonymousreply 351August 17, 2018 11:48 PM

Erin Burnett can not take the lying, Trump lowlifes anymore, sometimes I think she might just slap them hard, if she can reach them.

by Anonymousreply 352August 17, 2018 11:52 PM

Chuck Todd was called up to the big leagues after Tim Russert literally dropped dead in the newsroom. NBC didn’t have a back up so Chuck went on air. We’ve been stuck with him ever since.

Speaking of Russert, is his son still a sports journalist?

by Anonymousreply 353August 17, 2018 11:53 PM

Who is Erin Burnett?? You may be in the wrong thread.....

by Anonymousreply 354August 17, 2018 11:55 PM

Really, R354? Don't think he is the one in the wrong thread. She has a daily show which is on right now.

by Anonymousreply 355August 17, 2018 11:59 PM

That's funny. I have MSNBC on now it's Ali Velshi taking over from Chris Matthews

by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2018 12:01 AM

no, chris hayes ^

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2018 12:08 AM

r353, nothing's wrong with your story except that after Russert died NBC had David Gregory on for awhile before Chuck Todd got the job.

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2018 12:10 AM

Erin Burnett is on CNN, not MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2018 12:15 AM

I may be changing my mind about the Ari/Bannon thing tonight. I saw some previews on Ari's regular show earlier, and it actually looks like it gets combative at times between them and therefore interesting.

We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2018 12:15 AM

The combativeness was probably never in question. Ari isn't a passive interviewer and Bannon is an abrasive jackass. It's more whether Bannon will just talk over Ari, refuse to answer actual questions and spout white supremacist bullshit for the entire segment.

by Anonymousreply 361August 18, 2018 12:18 AM

I had to quit watching Joe and Mika - wouldn't have started if it hadn't been for the Trump rise and their falling off his turnip truck... but maybe this is what happens when the bloom is off the romance with two personality-disordered-crossed lovers? Stupid with a generous dose of narcissism will finally out itself - like a certain DJT? Now will the fellow stupids in their audience hang in there with them like the deplorable base? (and I say that with love, as a former member of the stupid audience, waiting to see who Joe would yell at next - or how much sighing Mika could inject when her betters were debating)

by Anonymousreply 362August 18, 2018 12:19 AM

Yes, David Gregory originally got the MTP gig but Chuck Todd was Russert’s protege at NBC. And Chuck didn’t become a show host until after Russert’s death.

We can thank/blame Tim for Chuck the Toad’s rise at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 363August 18, 2018 12:20 AM

Speaking of David Gregory, what happened to him ?

by Anonymousreply 364August 18, 2018 12:28 AM

R357 - Chris Hayes is on vacation and Velshi is in his spot. Couldn't you at least bother to check before you try to negate an actual fact?

by Anonymousreply 365August 18, 2018 12:36 AM

To be honest, MSNBC allows their hosts to take way too many days off. Hardly a day goes by that one or two of the hosts aren't absent for some reason. I rarely see a CNN host absent, except on the morning show.

It's like going to your doctor's appointment and finding out that he had an emergency and they try to put you with somebody you've never seen before. No, I want my doctor!

by Anonymousreply 366August 18, 2018 12:39 AM

Comparing TV hosts to doctors? Jesus Christ, do you flip out when the train is two minutes behind schedule or a restaurant serves Pepsi instead of Coke?

by Anonymousreply 367August 18, 2018 12:46 AM

He shows up on CNN as a political commentator or something from time to time r364.

by Anonymousreply 368August 18, 2018 12:47 AM

David Gregory sealed his fate as a serious newsman at NBC when the rhythm hit him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 18, 2018 1:47 AM

r369, He also danced with Karl Rove.

by Anonymousreply 370August 18, 2018 1:54 AM

Steve Bannon looks cleaned up and heavily made up.

by Anonymousreply 371August 18, 2018 2:08 AM

Serious white guys who can’t resist dancing on TV: Do! Not! Twirl!!

by Anonymousreply 372August 18, 2018 2:14 AM

Even though her manner is grating, Rockstar isn’t a bad person. She’s not an Evel Dick. She seems like s colorful, fun chick who likes being liked and is used to being liked. If true, Winston’s and Brett’s behavior was needlessly childish and mean.

by Anonymousreply 373August 18, 2018 2:19 AM

R373: Que?

by Anonymousreply 374August 18, 2018 2:36 AM

R373 are you looking for Big Brother 20?

by Anonymousreply 375August 18, 2018 3:15 AM

Does anyone know why Joy hasn’t filled in? Steve has been filling in a great deal lately.

by Anonymousreply 376August 18, 2018 3:17 AM

Joy has been on vacation. Jonathan Capehart filled in for her on her show last weekend. Don't know if she'll be back tomorrow or not.

by Anonymousreply 377August 18, 2018 3:56 AM

Is Ashley Parker pregnant? It looked that way yesterday afternoon on Andrea's show.

by Anonymousreply 378August 18, 2018 6:54 AM

Possibly, R378. She just got married a few months ago to a Wall St. Post correspondent assigned to D.C. Love that her sister became ordained as a Universal Life Minister to officiate for them.. No fanfare, not even a registry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 18, 2018 7:38 AM

Melber can eat shit for having bannon on.

by Anonymousreply 380August 18, 2018 8:07 AM

I watched Morning Joe this week for the first time in a while. What a shallow, circle jerk, bunch of fluff it is. It pales in comparison to Nicolle's show.

by Anonymousreply 381August 18, 2018 1:29 PM

John Heilmann commentates on both panels (MJ and Deadline White House). I would love to hear what he has to say about his experience on both shows.

by Anonymousreply 382August 18, 2018 1:41 PM

I think Mika and Joe need to be replaced on Morning Joe with better hosts. I think Yasmin Vossoughian and Ayman Mohyeldin would be great.

by Anonymousreply 383August 18, 2018 1:48 PM

The whole clandestine romance, then the reveal, the engagement and the fucking "sexy" photo shoots have made them a puke-enducing spectacle that shouldn't be allowed on a news channel. It's not The Bachelorette or Love Island for crap sake (and I've never seen either but I can imagine...)

by Anonymousreply 384August 18, 2018 2:10 PM

Sweet Jesus, the things I would do to Danny Cevallos. He's so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 385August 18, 2018 2:22 PM

How do they fit so many egos inside the MJ studio? Scarborough, Donny Deutsch, Willie Geist.... yuck.

by Anonymousreply 386August 18, 2018 5:25 PM

I was a little upset with you, R384 because I thought you were talking about Ashley Parker, who seems so studiously under-the-radar before I realized you were talking about the Morning Joe crew. Sorry if it spilled over.

Yes, they do, indeed suck. What's odd to me, as someone who doesn't consume early morning news, is Will Geist's presence. Is he an NBC regular who "helps" by sitting in on MJ?ho He seems to offer little, unlike the other personalities who you see throughout the day Sorry, I just can't stomach early morning "chatty" shows. Does Geist actually have a ;presence on Good Morning America do his presence isn't warranted on any other serious show after 9 a.m.?

by Anonymousreply 387August 18, 2018 5:29 PM

Soon the Joe and Mika romance will come to a fiery end and Mika will quit the show. Hopefully MSNBC will take that opportunity to kick Joe to the curb and reinvent its morning news offering.

by Anonymousreply 388August 18, 2018 5:41 PM

elie honig has no personal life listed on line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389August 18, 2018 6:40 PM

quote] I think Mika and Joe need to be replaced on Morning Joe with better hosts. I think Yasmin Vossoughian and Ayman Mohyeldin would be great.

Good grief, R383, those names are even harder to pronounce than Mika's surname. I'm all for honoring one's heritage, but I do think that Mika should change her name to Joe's when they marry, just for convenience (hers & everyone else's).

by Anonymousreply 390August 18, 2018 7:10 PM

Despite the convenience of having had it all of her 50 years of living because you cannot deal with it, R390? You seem to have Trumpian aspirations. Don't you have a golf course to go off and fuck about on?

by Anonymousreply 391August 18, 2018 7:31 PM

Elie Honig is married; I can tell that much just by looking at his left hand.

I believe it is to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 392August 18, 2018 8:27 PM

Who will leave MSNBC in the next six months?

by Anonymousreply 393August 18, 2018 10:32 PM

I just caught a report on NBC news by Joe Fryer, but he also occasionally does reports for MSNBC. The is good looking and gay, much better picture of him in the link than the one that previews below but even that one doesn't do him justice according to how he looked in tonight's report. His bio says he has been recognized by the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association.

I do not get why the preview shows the second picture in the link instead of the first, oh DL you mystify me sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394August 18, 2018 11:03 PM

The better picture of Joe Fryer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395August 18, 2018 11:04 PM

I believe that Michelle Wolf will join MSNBC in the next six months...

by Anonymousreply 396August 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Joe Fryer's gay? I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 397August 19, 2018 12:00 AM

Me either, R397. Noticed he got married a year or so ago via wedding ring appearance.

by Anonymousreply 398August 19, 2018 12:25 AM

WTF is Joy? Did she get suspended from MSNBC? Fired? Sharpton is taking over her show again today.

That's 2 weeks she hasn't been on her show.

by Anonymousreply 399August 19, 2018 1:53 PM

It could be her vacation. Has she had another absence this year?

by Anonymousreply 400August 19, 2018 2:13 PM

It makes sense that there are a lot of vacations going on; it's August.

Plus, they will all be doing significant time in the fall for the elections.

by Anonymousreply 401August 19, 2018 3:40 PM

I assume it's just summer vacations also. Chris Hayes was off this past week after having been off for another week just about a month ago. Rachel has also been off more than once this summer.

by Anonymousreply 402August 19, 2018 3:45 PM

Rev. Al just said that Joy will be back next weekend.

by Anonymousreply 403August 19, 2018 3:54 PM

Looks like Joy is in England.

by Anonymousreply 404August 19, 2018 3:55 PM

seems the twitterverse is more than a little pissed at Ari for giving that huge segment to Steve Bannon. I have to say I was dissapointed myself. EVeryone who succeeds in television seems to go through a hubris stage. I hope Ari's is short because I really like him, but not interested in the endless cutsey jokes , rap and Faux news like interviews with white supremecists.

by Anonymousreply 405August 19, 2018 3:58 PM

I never understand why people get upset at journalists just for talking to someone in an interview. If you don't like someone like Steve Bannon...and I don't...I want to see them talk more and have to answer more questions, not fewer. I've seen people unloading on Chuck Todd for having that idiot Guiliani on MTP today. That's nuts...we NEED to see him saying "Truth isn't truth" and calling it out for the insanity it is.

by Anonymousreply 406August 19, 2018 4:03 PM

[quote]I never understand why people get upset at journalists just for talking to someone in an interview. If you don't like someone like Steve Bannon...and I don't...I want to see them talk more and have to answer more questions, not fewer. I've seen people unloading on Chuck Todd for having that idiot Guiliani on MTP today. That's nuts...we NEED to see him saying "Truth isn't truth" and calling it out for the insanity it is.

Problem is they ARE NOT INTERVIEWS

They are well orchestrated and negotiated dances, where dubious people like Bannon and Gullianni agree to appear to be challenged in order to build credibility. Notice how Chuck Todd got all laughy and girlish when Rudy was slinging that shit "Don't DO this to me" he said laughing. It is no laughing matter and Todd's reaction to Gulianni gave the message "this isn't that serious" There are reasons for this. cowardice, fear of reprisal and the desire to book these guests in future or preserve them as sources.

These are not ordinary times or ordinary threats to our democracy. We are in code red territory. Lauging as the definition of truth and white nationalism are redefined is an act of an accomplice, not a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 407August 19, 2018 4:17 PM

Chuck Todd's reaction was not at ALL "this isn't that serious" it was to express incredulity. Bannon and Gullianni's appearances do the opposite of building credibility because, if a person has the intelligence to listen and discern for themselves, their very words sink them. That is what is important to allow.

by Anonymousreply 408August 19, 2018 4:36 PM

R408 I agree. Kellyanne Conway is a perfect example. She should just keep her trap closed

by Anonymousreply 409August 19, 2018 4:46 PM

Joe & Mika get away with everything because of their close relationship with MSNBC chief Phil Griffin, who also happens to be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 410August 19, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] if a person has the intelligence to listen and discern for themselves, their very words sink them. That is what is important to allow.

This is the problem with your argument. If people were prone to making rational decisions based on what they see and hear we wouldn't be anywhere near the situation we are in right now.

Much of this is persuasion on a non verbal levels, manipulating an emotional response rather than a rational one.

The medium is the message.

by Anonymousreply 411August 19, 2018 5:15 PM

R233, I get what you mean, but hindsight is 20-20. As someone noted, she really liked McCain, so, apparently decided to continue to work for his election. By the end, I think she realized it was a cluster fuck, esp. with Obama's popularity.

I think Wallace is very bright and articulate, but her comments on Morning Joe used to really piss me off. My concern is that, unlike Schmidt, she never left the Republican party and, if we ever get out of this Trump-McConnell nightmare to more Democratic leadership, she will be as snarky as ever and looking to bring down the Dems. I rarely get a chance to watch her show, but find her to be a talented on-air host. She makes me feel like I'm part of an intimate small group, because of her informality combined with knowledge. I regard her with caution, though, because she has a Mean Girl side.

by Anonymousreply 412August 19, 2018 7:23 PM

R233 here. ITA with R412 that Nicolle Wallace will quickly jump back into the arms of the Republican establishment as soon as they find their post-Trump leader.

Has Nicole ever openly denounced Palin? As far as I know, the closest she came was that book she wrote which she insisted was fiction. There was a Palin-like character in the book but since it was fiction, no one was offended.

Sure, Nicole hates Trump and she got burned by Palin but in her heart, she’s a Republican and believes what Republicans believe.

by Anonymousreply 413August 19, 2018 7:31 PM

When I had first learnt that Ari would be interviewing Bannon, I was angry about the decision and vowed not to watch it, and it seems many others here did as well. However, I did end up watching the interview when it aired on Friday night, and I'm glad that I did. Ari handled it better than I had expected, and he did a fairly good job of keeping Bannon from avoiding answering uncomfortable questions. Ari also checked Bannon when he wanted to dominate the conversation and to focus only on those things that he wanted to talk about. Instead, Ari rather deftly kept him on topic most of the time.

Perhaps most valuable, however, was that the interview was supplemented by two periods of commentary by Ari and a panel that included Steve Schmidt, Jason A. Jones, and Neera Tanden, which offered a very effective rebuttal to what Bannon had to say during the interview. Without that additional commentary, I might have been more frustrated by the interview, so I'm glad it was included, as it provided some balance and mitigated the impact of the platform that the interview gave Bannon's propaganda. As I look for the interview online, it seems that the panel's comments have been left out of the online replays, but perhaps I'm just missing them. (I'm not willing to spend the time to watch it all over again, after all.) I hope I'm wrong about that, as I think many people who didn't watch it when it first aired on MSNBC on Friday night will catch it online, and I think that the added commentary and rebuttals were an important part of what made the entire package more effective.

That being said, I think I would have enjoyed it even more had Bannon been interviewed by Rachel instead, but I seriously doubt that Bannon would have agreed to that!

by Anonymousreply 414August 19, 2018 7:46 PM

Does anyone know what is going on with Joe and Mika? Friday Willie said they'd both be back. Today - Joe, no Mika and zero mention where she was or when she'll come back. Something seems fishy.

by Anonymousreply 415August 20, 2018 1:43 PM

Not only that R415, but each of the panelists (including Joe) seemed to be at a different location as opposed to most of them sitting together around the table. (At least that's how it was when I watched the first hour.)

by Anonymousreply 416August 20, 2018 8:16 PM

please stop watching coffee joe. maybe then the ratings will drop and he'll have to go.

by Anonymousreply 417August 20, 2018 8:30 PM

I wonder if NBC News deliberately treats MSNBC’s morning hours like shit in order to not cannibalize the audience of Today which is the most profitable show on the network. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 418August 20, 2018 8:35 PM

Either Mika or someone in her family is ill, or she and Joe have split and they're trying to figure things out.

by Anonymousreply 419August 20, 2018 8:45 PM

What's the story on Noah Rothman from Commentary Magazine? He's on MTP now and seems to be a Trump asslicker.

by Anonymousreply 420August 20, 2018 9:16 PM

NO ARI TONIGHT! UGH!

by Anonymousreply 421August 20, 2018 10:29 PM

Noah Rothman is awful but it’s nice to see awful Republicans squirm when tasked with defending the awful behavior of awful Republicans.

“Yes, but....”

by Anonymousreply 422August 20, 2018 10:45 PM

Ali Velshi was subbing for Ari Melber tonight on the Beat.

by Anonymousreply 423August 20, 2018 10:55 PM

I prefer Ali over Ari. Ari is too damn smug.

by Anonymousreply 424August 20, 2018 11:01 PM

DL fave Michael Avenatti getting jiggy with the MTV Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 21, 2018 12:16 AM

Perhaps Mika has been missing in action due to her very important speaking engagements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 21, 2018 12:18 AM

Oops they need to update her bio for the speaking gigs, still mentions her 'husband'.

by Anonymousreply 427August 21, 2018 8:12 AM

No Mika again this morning.

by Anonymousreply 428August 21, 2018 10:12 AM

...and again no mention of her.

by Anonymousreply 429August 21, 2018 10:19 AM

Maybe Joe and Mika are fighting with each other behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 430August 21, 2018 11:19 AM

I doubt she or anyone in her family is sick, she's on twitter and instagram. Seems like it's just another vacation. I think Rachel only gets 2 weeks a year - Mika gets 3 months!

by Anonymousreply 431August 21, 2018 11:25 AM

I cringe when Ari references rap. It like my dad doing it. Weird for an older dude, sorry

by Anonymousreply 432August 21, 2018 1:33 PM

older? ^ what are you a milly?

by Anonymousreply 433August 21, 2018 2:51 PM

Perhaps they pay Mika to stay away. She doesn’t get paid for the days she shows up.

by Anonymousreply 434August 21, 2018 3:36 PM

That could be, r434.

by Anonymousreply 435August 21, 2018 5:54 PM

I love Chuck Rosenberg. Not a stud in any way, but an admitted nerd, and most importantly, such a decent man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 21, 2018 8:25 PM

Tom Winter is pretty sexy. He’s so intense. Does he bring that intensity to the bedroom? Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 21, 2018 8:51 PM

Have I said how much I hate Chuck Todd lately?

Because I hate Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 438August 21, 2018 9:01 PM

Actually I like Chuck Rosenberg, Barbara and Joyce. The three of them work well together and are very informative.

by Anonymousreply 439August 21, 2018 9:05 PM

They really back each other up. I too hate "sleepy eyes" Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 440August 21, 2018 9:06 PM

Which one, R440? Rosenberg or Todd?

by Anonymousreply 441August 21, 2018 9:13 PM

Not Todd, he is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 442August 21, 2018 9:15 PM

Chuck "sleepy eyes" Todd, I love Rosenberg, he is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 443August 21, 2018 9:25 PM

Omarosa scheduled to bring another tape recording to Chris Matthews tonight

by Anonymousreply 444August 21, 2018 9:59 PM

CLINT WATTS ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2018 10:13 PM

Clint Watts must be gay with that silver scruff and designer eyeglasses, right?

by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2018 10:26 PM

Never any personal info on him anywhere r446. Just DL’s consensus that he has BDF and must throw a mean FBI-style fuck.

by Anonymousreply 447August 21, 2018 10:29 PM

Oma just said “Trump didn’t hide his affinity...” which I heard as “effeminancy.”

I spend too much time on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 448August 21, 2018 11:14 PM

MSNBC should replace Ari with Ali Velshi on the Beat. Ari Melber has become an embarrassment to the network by talking rap lyrics on there. It is actually boring.

by Anonymousreply 449August 21, 2018 11:15 PM

You guys who refer to everyone by first names, leading to confusion between Chuck Todd & Chuck Rosenberg (among others): I really wish that posters here all used full names. For example: Barbara McQuade, Joyce Vance, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, etc. Not only is it a matter of dignity (most of us are not on a first name basis with these people), it would avoid confusion.

by Anonymousreply 450August 21, 2018 11:29 PM

Ari should take his rippity rap act to the Today show. He’d be right at home with those clowns. Leave the hard news to the adults.

by Anonymousreply 451August 21, 2018 11:39 PM

I like Ari.

Don’t mind his stubble and hip hop. The gratuitous flirting with whatshername (Katy Tur?) I can do without, but probably because I’m jealous of the bitch:

by Anonymousreply 452August 21, 2018 11:42 PM

Ari tries too hard.

by Anonymousreply 453August 21, 2018 11:45 PM

R450 I will make an effort. I have been watching them for so long I feel as though we are on first name basis,

By the way Cohen’s attorney is a guest on Rachel Maddow’s show at 9:00 pm. (Rachel’s show)

by Anonymousreply 454August 22, 2018 12:32 AM

And Michael Avenatti will be a guest in Lawrence O’Donnell’s show at 10:00 pm.

by Anonymousreply 455August 22, 2018 12:37 AM

Yeah, one of the reasons we have a lot of nicknames in DL is to save time and autocorrects. We try to give each Star their own unmistakably unique-to-them name:

by Anonymousreply 456August 22, 2018 12:40 AM

Is there really more than one Rachel? Ari? Nicolle? Jill? Elie? et. al.?

by Anonymousreply 457August 22, 2018 1:01 AM

Ari is the first MSNBC show i watch each day. and then have to mostly skip Mathews. then back to Chris, Rach and Larry.

by Anonymousreply 458August 22, 2018 1:07 AM

Rachel is now doing one of her “script” table readings of the Cohen trial.

by Anonymousreply 459August 22, 2018 1:13 AM

Those court drawings Rachel is using are terrible! I would never recognize Michael Cohen form the drawings and I would think he'd be distinctive enough to be pretty easy to draw.

by Anonymousreply 460August 22, 2018 1:16 AM

He lost about 25 pounds in the drawings.

by Anonymousreply 461August 22, 2018 1:18 AM

Chuck Rosenberg has such a silky, soothing, confident voice. If he were a professor I would take every course he taught; and I would love to be a grand juror hearing him lay out a case.

His should be the Official Voice of the United States of America. Amber alerts, severe storm warnings, election results, riot control, even Labor & Delivery.

by Anonymousreply 462August 22, 2018 1:26 AM

I prefer this Rosenberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 22, 2018 1:31 AM

R458 Gee you miss Nicolle’s show!

by Anonymousreply 464August 22, 2018 1:38 AM

Jill has a lovely smile on her face this evening.

by Anonymousreply 465August 22, 2018 2:17 AM

Ken Dilanian - BDF (nose) and a bit of a frat bro swagger. But the frat bro that would be president of the fraternity:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 22, 2018 2:36 AM

Jon Meacham is on now. I love that man.

by Anonymousreply 467August 22, 2018 2:54 AM

I have the biggest crush on Hans Nichols.

That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 22, 2018 3:54 AM

Yeah, R466, I bet Ken is swinging some nice meat down there.

by Anonymousreply 469August 22, 2018 4:28 AM

r468, Me2.

I want to be in him deeply...

by Anonymousreply 470August 22, 2018 4:37 AM

The real question is what are all these flamers doing working for Pat Robertson's Chrisssstian Broadcasting Network?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 22, 2018 6:19 AM

OMG R471 -- John Jessup? There's just no way that guy is straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 22, 2018 6:28 AM

I'm hot for Hans too!

Love a sexy nerd.

by Anonymousreply 473August 22, 2018 6:50 AM

Mika Watch: She’s back!

But no Joe! What’s going on?

by Anonymousreply 474August 22, 2018 10:01 AM

R474: Hmm...Is Mika there physically or remote? I wonder if they broke up or fighting and struck a deal where they alternate days? Odd indeed.

by Anonymousreply 475August 22, 2018 12:21 PM

Is it my imagination or does Mica’s face and eyes look a little different? Perhaps some plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 476August 22, 2018 12:37 PM

It's apparently turning into Morning Joe with Joe OR Mika now.

[quote]Is Mika there physically or remote?

I watch from 6:00-7:00 and it was as if they were [italic]all[/italic] remote. There was Mika (minus also Willie) and 8 panelists. At several points, there were 8 different windows shown at one time, as if everyone was at different a location. I felt like I was watching CNN.

by Anonymousreply 477August 22, 2018 12:57 PM

Brett Stephens has lost a lot of weight. He actually looks ill.

by Anonymousreply 478August 22, 2018 1:27 PM

Andrea is interviewing Senator Kamala Harris. I actually am impressed with how she handled herself.

by Anonymousreply 479August 22, 2018 4:36 PM

I want MSNBC legal analyst Danny Cevallos in me, quite deeply!

I like Ari, but Danny's hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 22, 2018 5:34 PM

Danny Cevallos. Yes, please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 22, 2018 5:34 PM

Sarah Sanders Huckabee coming up at 2 pm.

Can't imagine how she'll get through this one.

by Anonymousreply 482August 22, 2018 5:35 PM

The sexiest man on MSNBC is Craig Melvin!

I can't fathom why he gets no love here.

by Anonymousreply 483August 22, 2018 5:36 PM

Yes, Danny is the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 484August 22, 2018 6:06 PM

R483 I'm with you on Melvin!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 485August 22, 2018 6:59 PM

I wish Cevallos would tame his OTT radio announcer "You've won a beach vacation in Cancun!" voice which he turns on to 11 when he's on location. It's so cheesy. He's better in studio when he's subdued by other talking heads on the panel, but he seems to fight the urge to be loud and dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 486August 22, 2018 7:06 PM

Danny Cevallos needs a better tailor. His suit jackets are too skimpy for his muscular chest and shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 487August 22, 2018 9:31 PM

Chuck Toad looked extremely impressed with himself for coming up with "Faustian bargain" at the end of a discussion about Rethuglicans in Congress.

He had this self-satisfied smirkface on, like he just got the BJ of his dreams.

by Anonymousreply 488August 22, 2018 9:49 PM

Ayman Mohyeldin is filling in for Ari tonight. Ari is on vacation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 22, 2018 10:01 PM

I call Chuck Todd, Fuck Todd, as in Go Fuck Yourself Chuck!

I can't stand that big smug phony.

by Anonymousreply 490August 22, 2018 10:10 PM

Ayman is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 491August 22, 2018 10:32 PM

what is up with Elie Honig tonight? he looks like his dog just died. or maybe his drugs are letting him down.

by Anonymousreply 492August 22, 2018 10:48 PM

I picture Sarah fatally overdosing on Fentanyl at the Press Lectern.

by Anonymousreply 493August 22, 2018 10:57 PM

Ayman Mohyeldin was substituting for Ari Melber on [italic]The Beat[/italic] this evening, continuing the tradition of A-initialled hosts and guest hosts. Ayman was unshaven, which, in his case, was ill-advised. He just doesn't have the impressive, luxurious, dense, dark, testosterone-fuelled stubble that Ari regularly produces, and it just came off looking dirty and unkempt. Looking forward to seeing Ari return (next week, perhaps?), and I'm hoping he'll be unshaven, showing us all how it's meant to be done.

by Anonymousreply 494August 22, 2018 11:30 PM

But how would be recognise the difference to her usual performance, R493?

by Anonymousreply 495August 22, 2018 11:34 PM

WH Dr. Feelgood Ronny Jackson has been deposed. Where does she get her Rxs now?

As a serious, old-timey Christian with a pedigree like hers and unimaginable job stresses that daily contradict her "professed Christianity" where/what does someone like Huckabee-Sanders turn for relief to balm what should be a conflicted soul as she continuously turns up supporting all sorts of wanton criminality? She's supposed to be a tee-totaling ever-loving "Christian" who cannot avail herself of liquor lest she be considered a whore or something like that. Legal prescriptions are likely her balm. Does she get Narcan, too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 22, 2018 11:34 PM

Heilemann is a stoner. He's mentioned it a few times on air. Doesn't seem like he gives two fucks who knows. He's a fan of hip-hop too but he's not obnoxious about it. I think he's cool. Ari tries too hard and is often cringeworthy trying to work in those rap references. Many of them seem planned, not off the cuff. I hate everything about Elise Jordan. Her face, the way her mouth moves when she talks, her voice, but mostly because she worked for that ass licking, Putin loving, traitorous Trump greaseball, Rand Paul. I wonder if she and Nick Confessore are having an affair. They always seem to be on Morning Joe together. Can't stand Katy Kay. What a stupid name. I have the same reaction to Alex Witt. Love Ken Dilanian. I like Katy Tur's ditsyness. We need some comic relief with all the breaking angsty news. I like Hallie's tomboyishness too. She, Katy, and Stephanie Ruehl just seem more down to earth and real than some of the other more polished anchors.

by Anonymousreply 497August 22, 2018 11:39 PM

Ari is probably at home letting his new face tattoos heal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Wanted to respond to the poster who commented on how happy Jill Wine-Bank looks these days. I think she looks great. Very refreshed. Looks like she had a light skin peel and some laser tightening but whatever it is she looks ten years younger. She does have a lovely smile and has been grinning from ear to ear for the past two days. The pins are to die for. Stylish and whip smart AND she helped nail Nixon's ass. What a great broad.

by Anonymousreply 499August 22, 2018 11:48 PM

I love Jill but does she work anywhere any more besides being a talking head for MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 500August 23, 2018 2:58 AM

What I'd like to know is when do the expert contributors get some sleep. For example, Attorney Barbara McQuade has been commenting all day and just finished with Lawrence O'donnell at the end of his show. Does she have a studio set up at home?

by Anonymousreply 501August 23, 2018 3:02 AM

I have heard that some of the daily contributors can get setups at home: They shoot them sitting in front of a large flat-screen TV with an image of their city's skyline, with a cameraperson borrowed from the NBC affiliate.

When that's not possible, they at least get car service to an NBC affiliate studio where they can go live.

A sweet gig, to be on retainer to express your opinions and analysis based on your professional experience.

Each hour of MSNBC has a producer or two whose entire job is to book and manage commentators, and they handle this.

by Anonymousreply 502August 23, 2018 3:19 AM

Peter Baker makes me want to fuck him.

Hans...

What is is about these guys in glasses?

by Anonymousreply 503August 23, 2018 3:21 AM

Jill works IT, every day, every where since 1973, hunty R500.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504August 23, 2018 3:22 AM

Brian Matthews just reported that a Manafort juror said that it was one holdout who refused to convict on all 18 charges. One fucking deplorable is all it takes to keep the Trumptrain on the tracks.

I fucking hate them.

by Anonymousreply 505August 23, 2018 3:33 AM

r505, those 10 charges remain to be adjudicated. The government can refile on them alone.

by Anonymousreply 506August 23, 2018 3:37 AM

I knew it. I knew there was probably one holdout deplorable asshole on that jury who was refusing to convict on all charges.

by Anonymousreply 507August 23, 2018 3:48 AM

R497 I don’t understand why they keep Elise Jordan around constantly. I’ve never heard her say anything worthwhile or even slightly interesting.

by Anonymousreply 508August 23, 2018 4:09 AM

Thanks R502.

and speaking of contributors, Chuck Rosenberg needs to give up the Just For Men, although it now looks slightly more natural than his first application. He needs a make over.

by Anonymousreply 509August 23, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]I love Jill but does she work anywhere any more besides being a talking head for MSNBC?

Fabulous Jill is 75 years old. Why do you think she has to work anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 510August 23, 2018 7:43 AM

As much as I like Nicolle Wallace on Deadline: White House. I really wish she would let her guests finish their sentences. She has a tendency to interrupt her guests.

by Anonymousreply 511August 23, 2018 12:47 PM

As I said in my original post, I love Jill. I was only asking if and where she was now working. I don't get why my question was answered with such hostility!?

by Anonymousreply 512August 23, 2018 12:52 PM

She seems to be doing it more lately, R511. She didn't used to interrupt much.

Have you heard of Wikipedia, R512?

by Anonymousreply 513August 23, 2018 12:54 PM

Katty Kay looked a bit bored today on Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 514August 23, 2018 1:00 PM

Also, Katty's face looked puffier than usual.

by Anonymousreply 515August 23, 2018 1:57 PM

Noah Rothman who was on Morning Joe this morning is such an insufferable, little jerk. Notice he never criticizes Trump without having to bring in some Democratic impropriety that he criticizes as well.

Shitty little man.

by Anonymousreply 516August 23, 2018 2:22 PM

Sam Stein has one of the worse nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 517August 23, 2018 2:22 PM

Worst nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 518August 23, 2018 2:24 PM

Sam Stein looked better with a beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 23, 2018 2:26 PM

Thanks, R505; I suspected as much, but at least it's now confirmed that there was a down to a single holdout on the jury in the ten counts resulting in mistrials.

I know that Judge Ellis has ruled not to release the names of the jurors, but I hope that at least a couple of them come forward voluntarily to discuss the deliberations and, in doing so, will reveal what prevented unanimous verdicts on all counts. I really want to know whether this one juror was a Trump supporter trying to throw a spanner in the works.

While one might have thought that a jury pool chosen from overwhelmingly blue Northern Va. would be less likely to include that kind of juror, there still are some of that type in the area. (After all, the GOP's current candidate for US Senate from Virginia is Corey Stewart, who is an office holder in Prince William County in the area, and he's a white supremacist PoS and rabid, right-wing conspiracy theorist nutter.) However, I think it's even less likely that someone of that ilk would end up on a DC jury, and I think that the judge won't present the kind of prejudicial behaviour that Ellis did in this last case in the Eastern District of Va. I anticipate an even better outcome (i.e., more convictions for Manafort) in the DC trial.

More convictions for Manafort will pile on more jail time for him, which will be sweet, but it may also make it more likely that Trump pardons him.

by Anonymousreply 520August 23, 2018 4:10 PM

The interview that that Manafort jurist gave on Fox News is interesting.

Even though the woman is a Trump lover who drives around with a MAGA hat in her car, she and 11 of the 12 jurists knew that Manafort was guilty on all 18 counts. It was just one woman who thought that the gov didn’t prove it’s case beyond a reasonable doubt.

The woman on FN said that as a Trump lover, she didn’t want Manafort to be guilty. And that regardless of Gates’s testimony, the actual documentation made it clear that Manafort is guilty of all 18 counts.

She’s s loony Trump lover but she didn’t let her love blind her from the facts. Interesting interview.

by Anonymousreply 521August 23, 2018 4:41 PM

Very interesting, R521, thank you for that! I hadn't heard of this juror's interview at all, so I'm glad to have this information. I may even seek it out to watch/listen to myself and get her perspective, even if it does mean I'll have to go to Fox News for it.

I wonder whether we'll ever hear from the single hold-out on the jury....

by Anonymousreply 522August 23, 2018 5:18 PM

My future ex husband Jonathan Lemire is on Craig Melvin, right now, looking sexy as usual with his tousled ginger hair. But what's this? Is my future ex husband NOT wearing a wedding ring? It's a secret message to me, I know it!

by Anonymousreply 523August 23, 2018 5:36 PM

Question about Sam Nunberg, who's been on MSNBC a lot lately:

In junior high school, how many times a week do you think he was slammed into his locker?

by Anonymousreply 524August 23, 2018 6:28 PM

It only takes one good hit to the head to render someone as dim witted as Nunberg.

by Anonymousreply 525August 23, 2018 7:02 PM

Go Rachel !

------------------------------

Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show on Tuesday night became her second most-watched ever following the dizzying news events earlier in the day involving the president's former personal attorney Michael Cohen and former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort.

"The Rachel Maddow Show" scored 3.9 million total viewers on Tuesday night, making it the highest rated program on basic cable that day, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The show came just a few hours after Trump's former campaign chair Paul Manafort was found guilty in a Virginia courtroom of eight charges of bank and tax fraud, just about the same time when Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to charges of bank fraud, tax fraud and campaign finance law violations.

by Anonymousreply 526August 23, 2018 8:35 PM

^^ What was the first? I suspect it was her unfairly maligned Trump taxes episode.

by Anonymousreply 527August 23, 2018 8:41 PM

It was, r527

by Anonymousreply 528August 23, 2018 8:42 PM

r525, can you believe the man's a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 529August 23, 2018 10:32 PM

If Jonathan Lemire is no longer with the wife, I hope it's because he came to the realization that he can get way hotter sex from men than from women.

by Anonymousreply 530August 24, 2018 12:28 AM

Great thread, as always. I love to catch up with fellow MSNBC viewers.

A few thoughts: The Joe and Mika thing is truly odd lately, with Joe often alone from a remote location and Mika just being gone for days and days. I assume it is family and/or vacation stuff, and that maybe they take more time off as opposed to more money, but it has been weird this summer. I doubt it gets back to normal, if ever, until after Labor Day.

On the other hand, I love everything about Katy Kay, and hope that NBC will bring her on as a host if she gets fed up with the (sexist) BBC. Smart, witty, great accent, and she's been putting up with Scarborough for years, which must earn her some credits.

Actually, if MSNBC was to team her up for a midday hour with Chris Jansing.... Two veteran women broadcasters with brains and experience... Well, that's what DVRs are for.

by Anonymousreply 531August 24, 2018 1:13 AM

I think Robert Costa looks really hot tonight on Brian Williams' show.

by Anonymousreply 532August 24, 2018 3:19 AM

R526 Maddow beat poor baby Hannity that night, as did O'Donnell. Lil' Sean came in third!

by Anonymousreply 533August 24, 2018 4:14 AM

What is going on at Morning Joe? Joe is back today, but no Mika B. She worked 2 days and then he's back. They've not been seen together for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 534August 24, 2018 10:19 AM

Peter Baker looked sleepy this morning. He's very cute, though. Would love to see a full shot of him to see if he has a hot little body.

by Anonymousreply 535August 24, 2018 12:04 PM

r534, I don't think if I'm not mistaken, that they were on together at all this week at all, were they? Either he was on, or she was on, or both of them were off. They were not on one show together either remotely or in any other way.

I suspect there may be some big trouble in paradise.

by Anonymousreply 536August 24, 2018 12:13 PM

Boy, my sentence above really sucks. I hope everybody can figure out what I'm trying to say there, because my sentence structure sure doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 537August 24, 2018 12:15 PM

R536, no worries. We got it. It's too early in the morning for perfect sentence structure.

And I agree, there's something fishy going on. I'm also surprised that no one in the media is talking about it (or at least whispering about it).

by Anonymousreply 538August 24, 2018 12:17 PM

Did Chris Matthews get Botox/work done? He looks much better than usual..

by Anonymousreply 539August 24, 2018 1:01 PM

Allen Weisselberg, Trump Organization Finance Chief has been given immunity.

by Anonymousreply 540August 24, 2018 2:56 PM

R532, he looked good, but his messy hair distracts me. He fluffs it up on top to try and make it look thicker. It doesn't work.

Ken Vogel does the same thing. (Although, maybe Ken is trying to distract from his incredibly crooked nose, too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541August 24, 2018 3:03 PM

love Vogel's nose. And ears. Perfect for holding while he blows me!

by Anonymousreply 542August 24, 2018 3:54 PM

I hate the Morning Joe promo where all Joe says, is "we can get through this" and then Mika chirps, I am guessing to Ivanka, "step up! this is not about your family". Ugh. Cringe inducing. But it pretty much sums up the shallowness of the show.

by Anonymousreply 543August 24, 2018 4:18 PM

[quote]Did Chris Matthews get Botox/work done? He looks much better than usual..

No, he just went back to dying his hair all-over blonde again. For awhile, he was letting it go gray. Blondes have more fun, as they say.

I can tell that Danny Cevallos used to do steroids when he was younger, because he has an overly pronounced brow ridge which steroid-users get after prolonged usage. I wonder if he was into bodybuilding?

Did you see Joe's hair this morning on MJ? It's out of control. He looks like Kip's Big Boy.

by Anonymousreply 544August 24, 2018 4:29 PM

I noticed his hair too. It looked like a goofy hat.

by Anonymousreply 545August 24, 2018 5:05 PM

Lawrence O has a similar hair dye regimen: let it start to go gray but as soon as it unmistakably looks like “old man hair,” dye it.

Larry King does it, too.

by Anonymousreply 546August 24, 2018 5:12 PM

Yasmin Vossoughian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547August 24, 2018 6:53 PM

This is Yasmin... I goofed on the last one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 24, 2018 6:55 PM

Ali in for Rachel tonight

by Anonymousreply 549August 24, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote] Ali in for Rachel tonight

Take cover, everyone.

The set is going to smell like rotten farts!

by Anonymousreply 550August 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Joyce Vance is ready for her closeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 24, 2018 9:35 PM

I think Ali Velshi is subbing for Rachel tonight. At least that's what I thought I heard him say. (I remember thinking, "oh good, I can watch MSNBC at 9.")

by Anonymousreply 552August 24, 2018 10:47 PM

Oh how I adore that photo of Joyce Vance in her 1980s Goodwill skirt! And the puppy!!

by Anonymousreply 553August 24, 2018 11:49 PM

Maddow off again just after taking a fucking vacation. I'm really getting sick of the MSNB anchors never working more than 4 days a week. Lazy fucks

by Anonymousreply 554August 25, 2018 5:59 AM

R554 You're right. Her show is number one and she takes the night off?

by Anonymousreply 555August 25, 2018 8:01 AM

how DARE someone have plans that don't include us!

by Anonymousreply 556August 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Stephanie Ruhle must have one hell of a contract that allows her to take two days off then work one day then take two days off again.

Nice work if you can get it.

by Anonymousreply 557August 25, 2018 1:47 PM

This coming week is the one leading up to The long Labor Day weekend and the end of the summer vacation season. I would expect even more substitutions.

[quote]Nice work if you can get it.

Yes, I guess it is. I don't even have children, but if I had the opportunity to negotiate for more stress-free time off in exchange for a marginally lower salary, I would take it. One of my mentors in grad school advised me that taking time off to travel is always worth it. Of course, he had the academic calendar in his favor and could pretty much take the entire summer off to "research and write."

by Anonymousreply 558August 25, 2018 2:19 PM

Ali Velsher has made a mint for all his guest-hosting duties. Does he get overtime pay for filling in for vacationing hosts?

by Anonymousreply 559August 25, 2018 4:48 PM

Ali Velsher, sadly, has a face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 560August 25, 2018 7:10 PM

Velshi took off for almost an entire month in late spring, early summer.

by Anonymousreply 561August 25, 2018 7:18 PM

How long will Hallie Jackson be in the news reporting business?

by Anonymousreply 562August 25, 2018 11:00 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 563August 26, 2018 1:47 PM

One day last week, Thursday or Friday, I turned on the tv and Hallie Jackson was practically yelling at everybody on her panel or whatever - I quickly turned her off. Can't stand her. She's so aggressive and I don't know, narcissistic or mean girlish, I can't figure it out because I can't stand to listen to her long enough to think about it. They got rid of Melissa Harris Perry for HER?

by Anonymousreply 564August 26, 2018 2:06 PM

Good news for Tamron Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 26, 2018 2:13 PM

Great R565! Is Megyn still on tv and doing well? There's a special level of hell (#8?) for Fox News people - except maybe Miss Shep Smith, the last one with a soul. God, after Sean Hannity for a while I honest to god miss Papa Bear.

by Anonymousreply 566August 26, 2018 4:19 PM

Is Hallie Jackson the only MSNBC personality that has a daily show and a White House beat? How did this happen? Her aggressiveness is better suited to the WH press room, asking Huckabeast pointed questions. I've noticed that Kristen Welker, also on the WH beat, has more face time these days

by Anonymousreply 567August 26, 2018 4:52 PM

God bless Rachel, Joy Anne Reid, Ali Velcher and Stephanie Ruhle. Love them. Brian is growing on me too. Lawrence is fine but repeats himself too much.

by Anonymousreply 568August 26, 2018 8:27 PM

I watch Brian when Rachel is off fishing.

by Anonymousreply 569August 27, 2018 12:54 AM

Brian Williams works too hard to constantly remind his guests and the audience that BRIAN WILLIAMS IS THE ONE AND ONLY STAR of the Brian Williams Show. Exhausting.

Remember when he confessed that he became a newsreader only after his attempt to be a successful comedian failed? Yeah....

by Anonymousreply 570August 27, 2018 1:08 AM

Not a fan of Brian Williams. He lied and got to keep his job (albeit demoted); if one of us lied at our job, do you think we'd be able to keep it?

by Anonymousreply 571August 27, 2018 12:38 PM

No Mika today, just Joe.

by Anonymousreply 572August 27, 2018 12:51 PM

In his defense, I don't mind BW's 11th Hour, since he gets right to a panel of guests (and there are very few Deplorables among them), instead of yakking for 10 minutes (LO'D) or 20 minutes (RM) alone.

On the downside, BW's oleaginous intros and sign-offs of his guests are hard to stomach.

by Anonymousreply 573August 27, 2018 1:44 PM

[quote] ... BW's oleaginous intros and sign-offs of his guests ...

R573, I love a man with a big vocabulary. If you can pronounce it too, I'll swoon!

by Anonymousreply 574August 27, 2018 6:39 PM

r573, r574, unctuous is as unctuous does.

by Anonymousreply 575August 27, 2018 6:48 PM

Ari had time to shave today!

by Anonymousreply 576August 27, 2018 10:04 PM

Can Mya Wiley do anything about her hairline? She doesn’t just have a big forehead—all of the hair where her hairline should start has fallen out.

Toppik?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 27, 2018 10:21 PM

r577, the woman has a brilliant mind and MSNBC is lucky to have her, and all you can think about it her hairline???

Shallow.

by Anonymousreply 578August 27, 2018 10:23 PM

Elie Honig was on [italic]The Beat[/italic] this evening (welcome back, Ari!). In his comments Elie said, "We have Pecker!" with a special glint in his eye.

I believe he was signalling me. Message received, Elie, loud and clear!

by Anonymousreply 579August 27, 2018 10:24 PM

This is the DL, R578. What part of POINTLESS BITCHERY do you not understand? This lady’s busted edges are totally worthy of comment.

by Anonymousreply 580August 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Ari looks especially fuckable today. Would love to know what kind of underwear he has on (or if he has on any at all).

by Anonymousreply 581August 27, 2018 10:41 PM

R578 is a twat

by Anonymousreply 582August 27, 2018 11:16 PM

i like to think of Ari going commando. all that black hair covering the legs and ass. a nice big bush.

BRB gotta go take care of something.....

by Anonymousreply 583August 27, 2018 11:29 PM

R578 I totally agree with you regarding Mya Wiley. She does have a brilliant mind. She handles herself in such a professional manner. She is very knowledgeable and considerate at the same time.

POINTLESS BITCHERY THESE DAYS REMIND ME OF TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 584August 28, 2018 12:38 AM

r577 is a blubbery walrus-looking muthafucka looking to police black women's hair. He ain't got shit else to do.

by Anonymousreply 585August 28, 2018 1:11 AM

Anyone know how tall Robert Costa is? Just wondering if he's a tall guy or a short(er) guy. Would also love to see him out of his suit and see what his body looks like. (I bet he has a hairy chest.)

He has a cute little smile but displays it ever so rarely. Always seems so sullen.

by Anonymousreply 586August 28, 2018 3:42 AM

Cost needs to get his hair cut shorter. His head is such an odd shape.

Sometimes I picture him saying, "IAMNOTANANNIMAAAAALLL"

by Anonymousreply 587August 28, 2018 4:10 AM

I remember when Costa was chubby, he's lost a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 588August 28, 2018 5:04 AM

Costa and Michael Schmidt are both cute but also seem like they would both be dull in bed.

by Anonymousreply 589August 28, 2018 5:07 AM

Costa is average height, 5'11" is my guess. Saw him at Shinola in DC.

by Anonymousreply 590August 28, 2018 11:54 AM

Either R588 is pulling our leg or he his brand new to this thread!

by Anonymousreply 591August 28, 2018 6:04 PM

Clint Watts alert!

by Anonymousreply 592August 28, 2018 7:14 PM

What’s going on with Nicole’s show????

Ali Velshi’s show went to 4:30 even though Nicole’s show is supposed to start at 4:00.

At 4:30, Nicole’s show started with Mike Barnacle hosting. He started the show by saying, “It’s 4:00....” even though it’s 4:30.

WTF????

by Anonymousreply 593August 28, 2018 8:33 PM

I didn’t expect Nicolle to be in today. She filled in for Brian last night at 11 pm.

by Anonymousreply 594August 28, 2018 9:02 PM

Nicolle's show started at 4 pm when I watched. I presume she’s headed for Arizona today.

by Anonymousreply 595August 28, 2018 9:25 PM

Chuck Turd’s Show was only 30 min today. The Beat started at 6 PM per usual.

by Anonymousreply 596August 28, 2018 10:27 PM

No. I saw an entire hour-long MTP (Todd’s) Show today.

by Anonymousreply 597August 28, 2018 10:58 PM

Lawrence O'Donnell, as much as I agree with his viewpoints, has a very smug delivery that is off-putting. Seems very in love with himself. And, he sometimes comes across as "trying to be like Rachel", if that makes sense. Where has Josh Barro been??

by Anonymousreply 598August 28, 2018 11:25 PM

Where are R593/R596 watching MSNBC today? I’m in the Northeast and saw both Nicolle and MTP at the usual scheduled times.

by Anonymousreply 599August 28, 2018 11:28 PM

Katy Tur must have taken the day off.

by Anonymousreply 600August 28, 2018 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!