Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Missing person Mollie Tibbetts

Student from Iowa. Sleuths, any theories? I’ve been following details and there’s a lot that doesn’t necessarily add up.

by Anonymousreply 603August 22, 2018 1:08 AM

I'm following this story, too. Missing person cases are rare in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2018 1:33 PM

There is a viral post stating an unusual number of people have gone missing from Iowa in recent days, but apparently that’s been debunked and the actual number is “normal”

Oddities/facts about the Mollie T story:

- LE not releasing any info

- Timeline of night she went missing unclear (missed dinner with family, jogging, late homework at house)

- Texts with brother Jake

- Boyfriend, boyfriends brother and brothers fiancé all out of town wheh she was dog sitting.

- searched a pig farm but nothing turned up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2018 1:47 PM

Press conference in 45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2018 5:58 PM

The boyfriend did it. The boyfriend always does it. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2018 6:08 PM

In this particular case he’s the person I least think did it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2018 7:21 PM

Well, no updates. I’m assuming she’s dead and buried by now.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2018 12:00 AM

mwws

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2018 12:08 AM

I so agree r5. She was definitely abducted into sex slavery. AnonQ said an incident like this would happen and that it would tear through the fabric of the deep state in a way pizzagate never could. Expect those ankle bracelets on the Obamas and the Clintons, Chelsea too, to start setting off the WWII air raid sirens everywhere. Anyone can be part of an international pedophile ring, but nowPresident Trump has it all figured out.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2018 12:11 AM

They're circling back around to a pig farmer. That's never good.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2018 12:12 AM

She's white and young and cuter than a basket of baby bunnies. Does that make her life worth more than the other missing people who don't get to dominate the news cycle?

Hope she's fine, of course, but at this time there is a lot of actual news that we need to hear about.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote] Hope she's fine, of course, but at this time there is a lot of actual news that we need to hear about.

Like what? Distractions? Tweets from an orange gourd posing as a human? There's other things worthy of attention.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2018 12:18 AM

No idea what happened but If she ended up with those piggies, she's gone. Given six pigs an hour and all you'll have left is teeth.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2018 12:19 AM

So I thought I read somewhere that the last she was heard from was a text to her boyfriend o an interior shot of a house. He didn't understand what it was when she sent it around 10 PM, but now thinks she was trying to reveal her whereabouts. But I haven't read that again. Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2018 12:24 AM

Well yes, R10. But how has news regarding her abduction, or our curiosity regarding the outcome, prohibited us from hearing other equally or more important news? I’m quite focused on the Mueller investigation, and though I follow it closely, Day by Day, I am also able to follow other events, such as this one.

We need to step out of our own shoes and specific interests at times, and remember that at this moment, there is no story more important than this one, for the parents and family of the missing young lady. And even though I’m an atheist, & I’m not sending out “thoughts & prayers”, I’m hoping for a good outcome, even though I understand that a good outcome is possible, yet highly unlikely each day that passes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2018 12:28 AM

They're focusing on the pig farmer, who evidently has a history of stalking young women. I think this can't end well.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2018 12:37 AM

I think he only stalked his ex-wife, horrible, but different than stalking a stranger.

If I had evidence to dump or suspicion to cast, who better to target than the stalker dude in the middle of nowhere? Attention diverted. Same thing with a report of the hardware store being vandalized that night - way to keep the tiny force of LE distracted while you snatch or hide someone ?

The county fair was also during the time she went missing, wonder if there were a lot of strangers in a tiny town?

These tiny towns surrounded by corn that get super dark at night are so spooky to me. Hope she comes home safely soon.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2018 12:45 AM

Have they questioned the soft butch sous chef yet?

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2018 12:46 AM

R9,.there's no shortage of Mueller and adjacent stories. Media is set up so you can specifically search for areas of interest. I'm not being argumentative but there's more than enough room for a missing person story.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Family members said Tibbetts is a creature of habit and usually runs each day, taking one of three routes in the area...not a good thing in today's world, especially for a good looking twenty year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2018 12:49 AM

I guess at this point, chances are not too good that she’ll be found alive.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2018 1:03 AM

Somebody in the comments on the DM wrote that her mom said she had two of those red shirts and they're both still currently hanging in her closet.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2018 1:44 AM

This girl has crazy eyes. I believe her craziness got her in trouble. Super manic eyes. We'll see. I'm convinced she's a whackadoodle It will eventually come out.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2018 3:24 AM

Well, SOMEONE had to post it . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2018 3:28 AM

The Reddit discussions regarding missing Mollie. I can’t stand Websleuths’ formatting, hence I’ve not read any of their discussions. If anyone here has a decent thread from Websleuths that include locals and their take on it, I would surely appreciate it, as would our other resident frauen and gays.

Personally, I think the boyfriend did it, or a local who knows the area well. I also believe she is now deceased, and has been for quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2018 2:16 PM

I gave up on the Reddit posts pretty quickly ^^ but get the sense no one knows anything. I do agree that she likely has been dead since the day she disappeared, but couldn't even hazard a guess re the abductor/killer. I don't know why it should, but this feels sadder than most such news stories.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2018 2:34 PM

The reward money fund keeps rising but it is only if she is brought back alive. Tips re a body might get some info.

The reward fund is odd, it reverts to the family if not used. Do not remember hearing something like that before but maybe I do not follow enough of these cases.

So sad, had hoped she would be found safe.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2018 2:38 PM

Piggies ate her

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2018 2:39 PM

Possibly. ^^ I can't recall what led searchers to the pig farmer in the first place, and I don't have the patience to sift through all the information.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2018 2:58 PM

It’s a case very reminiscent of the Italian girl who was raped and killed while out jogging, except her body was found immediately.

I love running, but I no longer run or hike trails by myself. I go with a running buddy or a group. I used to feel pretty safe in my teens, and went alone. Unfortunately, I no longer feel that it’s safe for me to do it alone, unless I’m on a treadmill, or running in the city streets. But I no longer jog trails that are desolate.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2018 3:02 PM

If she had been blonde, everyone would know her name.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2018 3:11 PM

R29, I thought it had been established she returned to the house after her jog and then went missing.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Remains fed to pigs

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2018 3:21 PM

Who knew she was dog sitting other than her family? Who passed the dog off to her? Start there with those who knew she was dog sitting and then question those THEY told it to. But it could be a wacko who just spotted a jogger. Always wondered if it were legal to carry a small spray bottle of ammonia and use it in the eyes if you had to.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2018 3:24 PM

R31, the police have put out a timeline which states she was last seen jogging at 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm. They are purposefully keeping out info regarding whether or not she made it back to the house, so unfortunately, we are unclear on that.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2018 3:25 PM

R33, LE always starts with the family because 90% of the time it is a family member or someone the victim knew who turns out to be the guilty party. Unless they are keeping information private in order to trap one of her family members or her boyfriend, I'd say they've dismissed them as POI. If true, why are they focusing on the pig farmer? If they're using him as a public dupe he'll have grounds for a lawsuit when all is said and done.

R31, I thought I read the police gave a timeline of her returning to the house but it may have been conjecture in the comment section of the DM.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2018 3:31 PM

R35 (second paragraph) was meant for R34 not R31.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2018 3:33 PM

LE did not confirm that, there have been conflicting stories about almost every detail, R31.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2018 3:36 PM

[quote] So I thought I read somewhere that the last she was heard from was a text to her boyfriend o an interior shot of a house. He didn't understand what it was when she sent it around 10 PM, but now thinks she was trying to reveal her whereabouts.

Was this confirmed? Creepy if true.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2018 3:40 PM

She was house sitting at her boyfriend’s house and she was house sitting his dogs.

I think Mollie wanted to breakup with the bf. I also think she had already met someone else who she was interested in. I think the boyfriend drove back from his construction job in DuBuque, in order to to spy on her and she caught him doing so. An argument ensued where she finally blurred out that she wanted out, and he killed her either in a fit of rage, or accidentally.

Notice how much airtime they are dedicating to the bf. That’s being done on purpose via coaching from the investigators and perhaps the father of Mollie, who has been instructed on how to proceed.

Allegedly, Mollie and the boyfriend were flying out to the Dominican Republic for a wedding in two weeks. He was allegedly proposing to her during that time.

I believe he was doing so in order to force her to say “yes”, hence a public proposal. He knew she wanted out, but he wasn’t willing to let her go.

I believe he had been under 24 hour surveillance, and because of this, the police assume Mollie is dead. He hasn’t attempted to go back to Mollie in order to feed her, or let her go, hence she’s gone. No one can confirm that she Snap Chatted him from a strange environment. Bullshit. He said that 24 hours AFTER his initial questioning.

I feel horrible for this family. She seemed like she was on her way to having a bright future. She was in college, out of town. She was moving into her own apartment for the first time, etc.

She was waiting to be away from this guy in order to end it. She was afraid of hurting him because she knew somewhere in her mind that he was not going to be OK with it.

The pig farmer guy has zero to do with this. He’s given the authorities full access to every inch of his property and has been fully cooperative. He stalked his ex wife, not random strangers or acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote]We need to step out of our own shoes and specific interests at times, and remember that at this moment, there is no story more important than this one, for the parents and family of the missing young lady.

Fuck off, frau.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2018 3:45 PM

Aaaand R39 brings the drama, in the form of a little fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2018 3:47 PM

R38 - what I've read in the Des Moines Register is the boyfriend opened a Snapchat message from Tibbetts at 10:00 PM. I'm not familiar with Snapshat but I assume "opened at 10:00 PM" doesn't mean it was sent at 10:00 PM.

It is interesting that it seems information from social media sites were misleading about what she was wearing on her jog.

Also not a big deal but if you're going to follow this story and form you own theories get the details right. Hog farmer not pig farmer.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2018 3:50 PM

Is a pig a baby hog? A pony is not a baby horse.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2018 3:55 PM

R39, the HOG farmer is refusing to take a lie detector test. He could be innocent and fed up with being harassed by detectives or he could be guilty as sin and he knows they're closing in on him.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2018 3:56 PM

Maybe the police want access to the pigs which they need via the pig farmer. Without permission, any evidence they find is inadmissible in court.

Maybe they suspect the bf feeding her to the pigs unbeknownst to the farmer. They might be getting pig stool samples looking for human remains.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2018 4:09 PM

The boyfriend was 120 miles away from Mollie at work. Did he come home that night, or does he crash somewhere else when he's on the job?

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2018 4:13 PM

R40, fuck off too. Cunt. I said nothing inappropriate or untrue. Why does my comment bother you so? You’re just an unhappy asshole.

R44, I think the hog farmer is smart to refuse a lie detector test. As a matter of fact, he should immediately lawyer up, especially if he’s innocent.

NEVER, EVER deal with law enforcement without an attorney, if you are being questioned in a situation like this. Police are under extreme pressure to solve crimes like this, and circumstantial evidence or just plain suspicion can bury you into a cell if you don’t seek immediate legal representation.

Innocent people are constantly railroaded into prison sentences. The pig farmer should lawyer up. I know I would.

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2018 4:13 PM

R40 gets it. This is a human interest story.. Actual news covers issues that concern us all, whether that includes an "orange gourd posing as a human" (good one!) or not.

My main peeve is that, if she were black, unattractive, poor, male, or overweight she would not be getting all this attention. In this society even coverage of your disappearance turns into a beauty contest.

Don't believe me? Comb the local newspapers for all the other missing people in the country who didn't make it to CNN/ FOX.

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2018 4:14 PM

Soo Weeeeeee! Here piggies! Have some tibbetts.!

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2018 4:15 PM

Yeah she is rich thats why,

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2018 4:16 PM

So can anyone answer my question at R46?

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2018 4:20 PM

Oh a HOG farmer, not a pig farmer! That explains everything.

I’m so glad we have r8 here who’s not afraid to say what we all know is true - Chelsea Clinton did it.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2018 4:21 PM

R48. Who watches CNN or Fox for crime stories? Most of these cases with lots of black, brown, elderly, and trans are found on the internet and then DLers put them here.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2018 4:21 PM

I think the whole pig farmer angle reeks of "a dingo ate my baby." Kind of far fetched...but not really.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2018 4:23 PM

Grew up on a farm. Pigs and hogs are the exact same thing; they are synonyms. It is true that babies are pretty much always called "baby pigs" or "piglets" but, when referred to as a group, they are just as likely to be called "pigs" as they are "hogs."

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2018 4:24 PM

A dingo really did eat her baby though.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Whether or not he did it, R54, if someone wanted to dispose of a body quickly and efficiently, a hog farm would be a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2018 4:25 PM

Yes r57. A Canadian serial killer used that method.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2018 4:28 PM

I suspect all missing person searches eventually end up at nearby pig farms. Most everyone knows that pigs are adept at getting rid of a body.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2018 4:29 PM

So I assume pigs eat bones? Is that why it’s a good choice?

Also, the alleged pig farmer is not a pig farmer. He lives on the property adjacent to a farm with pigs. He, himself, doesn’t raise or sell pigs. This is according to locals who have posted on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2018 4:29 PM

Wasn't there a relatively recent murder case where hogs were used to dispose of the body? It might have been the murder of a child by her parent--I just can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2018 4:31 PM

I saw this episode on Criminal Minds. They predicted it!

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2018 4:35 PM

Yes, R61, a guy in Kansas City killed his 7 year old son and fed him to pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2018 4:37 PM

Her brother choked her once until she completely passed out. Because she broke his ipad a year ago

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2018 4:39 PM

The BROTHER DID IT!

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2018 4:43 PM

Thanks, R63, that must be what I was thinking of.

The brother may well have done this. Imagine what that will be like for the parents.

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2018 4:45 PM

R60 Apparently they eat everything except hair and teeth and fast.

Life hack, DLers, if you ever need to get rid of a body, pretend you're trying to source some organic bacon and find yourself some hungry piggies.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2018 4:52 PM

Homicide detectives say that if you’re involved in a domestic violence situation where you are choked, statistically, the chances of you being strangulated to death by the person who choked you, go up.

Locals on Reddit are also saying that Mollie and this particular brother had a contentious relationship.

Allegedly, the father of Mollie and her brothers, divorced their mother, and married another woman almost immediately after the divorce.

Allegedly, the only child that was still speaking to the father, was Mollie. Her two brothers were allegedly very angry at the father, and Mollie kept her relationship with the father intact.

Another local also wrote that the brother who had choked Mollie, was in the habit of posting family or group photos that had Mollie’s face blocked out of the photos, on his social media accounts. I have no idea if this is true, but it’s what I read on Reddit. I was too lazy to look it up when I got home last night.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2018 4:56 PM

^ wait a sec, the brother thing is still conjecture, right?

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2018 5:00 PM

R69, no. It is not conjecture. Molly actually posted about the choking incident on social media.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2018 5:03 PM

R68, the father just re-married this June, they had been divorced since Mollie was in 3rd or 4th grade. Mollie was best man at the wedding, the sons did not attend.

The older bro, Jake, was the one who did the photo thing. May have been a joke in response to something Mollie had done, long story, who knows. Sharing a car at that age is a PITA but where would a college kid hide the body and evidence that long?

Younger bro, Scott, was the one who choked her last year, according to her Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2018 5:10 PM

How does the pig delicately eat around the teeth even as it chows down on the bones?? Does it suck the bits of scalp off the hair? How fucking bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote] Mollie was best man at the wedding

Oh no, even worse than being kidnapped, murdered & fed to a pig, has dear Mollie been misgendered throughout her ordeal

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2018 5:12 PM

Their father divorced their mother while ago and sons could have never accepted it. Only mollie visited him. They dont like it

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2018 5:16 PM

Here’s a pig-feeding murder case where it seems like the pigs left a lot of the victims behind. Maybe they can polish off a whole tiny 7-yo but are likely to leave something of an adult corpse.

I remember another recent one too, a young woman held hostage & gang raped for a while then fed to pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2018 5:19 PM

Holy shit - a boyfriend who was ‘out of town’, two estranged brothers (one of them violent), and a local pig farmer! Lester Holt and Keith Morrison are furiously masturbating as the details unfold.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2018 5:19 PM

Somebody on the DM comments wrote that there are currently NO pigs on that farm, and it has six up votes and no down votes (it was just posted).

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote]Maybe they suspect the bf feeding her to the pigs unbeknownst to the farmer. They might be getting pig stool samples looking for human remains.

Who let the Websleuths riffraff in?

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2018 5:36 PM

A white girl is missing?!!! Yessssss

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2018 5:43 PM

Sad to say, but I'm pretty sure she must be dead, or being held captive somewhere.

If she just wanted to ditch the boyfriend, or get away from her life, she still could have contacted someone by now, to tell them she was OK. She hasn't, far as we know.

Agree with upthread post about the hog farmer needing to get a lawyer before he talks to the cops anymore. He's allowed them full run of his property, including his house. Now they want him to take a polygraph, which he has refused. He's definitely a suspect, so guilty or innocent, he needs to get a lawyer & not speak to the cops anymore.

Just a tip in general: If the cops approach you, you're already a suspect. They never just want "information". Refuse to speak with them, do not answer any questions, don't "cooperate" unless you have an attorney present. Especially if you're guilty. Full stop. Don't imitate the propaganda you see on Law & Order. The cops are never your friends, esp when they're conducting a criminal investigation. Duh.

Related, but a bit off topic...I recently read somewhere credible, that there are something like 100,000 Americans who are considered "missing". Most are children & young women. I think it's mainly pedo & sex trafficking rings, with a few serial killers thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2018 6:13 PM

R80 brought to you by the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe lol

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2018 8:14 PM

r81 will confess to multiple murders after one question. lol

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2018 8:17 PM

Life in a Jewish world, R48

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2018 8:17 PM

Following closely. After 3 weeks or so, basically nothing is known but speculation on the pig farmer, the brothers, etc. There are so few facts actually released in this case. Reddit has been a good resource for duscussion. I completely avoid websleuths now; I cannot stand reading those boards and the policing by mods. Hopefully or possibly some new information about Mollie will be released at whenever the next press conference is scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2018 8:32 PM

Tuesday morning

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2018 8:55 PM

I prefer Michaels

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2018 8:59 PM

What a fucked up situation. This girl was getting ready to go back to college, and seemed to have her shit pretty together for a 20 year old, and the BAM! Some asshole decides to kidnap her and possibly kill her.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2018 10:35 PM

R48, I think stories like this get more media traction because it's not considered the norm. This happened in a low-crime area in the middle of the heartland

It's sad to say but unless a young person of color/minority is from an affluent community no one blinks an eye when they hear of an unsavory end to their young lives. That's why Mollie's case will always garner more attention than those in crime-ridden areas. I'm including young white women in this group. You'll notice young white prostitutes go missing every day and the public only finds out about it when they become the victim of a serial killer.

The only time I recall a huge news story about a lower income missing person's case was the Ariel Castro kidnappings in Cleveland and I believe that was because they were found alive after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2018 10:59 PM

What I find somewhat odd about this, is the amount of airtime being dedicated to the boyfriend. If you search online, you’ll see that the boyfriend has had more interaction with new reporters than anyone in her family, her parents included.

Mollie was 20 years old and was not engaged or married to this young man. She wasn’t living with him either. So why is this young man being interviewed so often, with and without Mollie’s family members?

I’m not sure what resources are available to this young man, but in my estimation, just as an observer, the one single person who needs to get an attorney ASAP, and completely shut up, is Mollie’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2018 12:52 AM

It's possible that the girl's parents have asked the BF to speak for the family. On the other hand, I've heard it said in connection with sensational murders that during the investigation stage the murderer is apt to give him/herself a high profile--talking to police, giving interviews, etc.

by Anonymousreply 90August 6, 2018 12:55 AM

R60, the boyfriend is not an appropriate representative for the family. That role belongs to a family member. The father is much more articulate and intelligent than the boyfriend.

I believe that they’re letting the bf hang himself if he’s responsible. If he’s not, then they can rest assured that they exhausted that possibility. However, as I’ve already mentioned, in these cases, it is almost always a parent or sibling who represents the family during press, unless the missing woman is married or has adult children.

by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2018 1:01 AM

Why didn't Mollie run with the dog(s) she was dog-sitting? A large dog would offer a bit of protection.

The BF could have driven back after his job.

The hog guy touched his face a lot when interviewed on TV, which is one of the "tells" of someone who is lying.

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2018 1:15 AM

It was her boyfriend's brother.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2018 1:27 AM

body found, prolly not mollie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2018 2:00 AM

^ Des Moines reporters just announced that the body of the young female is not Mollie.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2018 2:30 AM

Interview. Watch and listen closely. Zoom in on the boyfriend’s face. Watch his Adam’s Apple as he is listening to the father. Also, notice how his face becomes more and more uncomfortable as the interview goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2018 3:03 AM

She was Taken and now resides on a yacht in the Gulf of Oman with an emir who wears eye liner.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2018 3:10 AM

Wonder if the boyfriend or brother is the one who asked this morbid question posted on Quora earlier this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2018 3:28 AM

R97 If only her father had had a particular set of skills.

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2018 7:05 AM

Jogging kills.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2018 7:43 AM

Is the brother who choked her hot? If yes, he gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2018 11:10 AM

The friends closest to Mollie said she went jogging at 7:30, not 10:00pm as was stated in the news reports. They said they know this because she had commented several times in the past that she never jogged in the dark and was always back home before it starting getting dark and if they wanted to communicate with her in the evening they waited until dark knowing she'd be back home from her jog by then. The friends said that they shared this information with the press and the police too, who still keep repeating she was jogging in the dark at 10:00pm when her friends are sure that's not true and that she would have been home before dusk, or at dusk at the latest.

They said that time preference wasn't only because of the concern of an attack of some sort, since it was a very low crime area, but more so because of accidentally tripping over something in the dark that she was unable to notice before it was too late and also that there were more insects/bugs (mosquitoes?) flying around around at night. She had also told her closest friends that jogging late was too close to bedtime.

Also, if it was the brother (IF being a big 2-letter word here) who choked her to death in a fit of rage during another one of their disputes he may have disposed of her body at the pig farm (that is, if he had access without being seen) instead of having to bury her remains and risk her grave being discovered one day, always anxious 'today will be the day they find her body.'

This way, the pig farmer would be framed and blamed. Maybe the brother is the one coaxing the police towards the pig farmer because he knows her DNA is there since that's where he dumped her body; taking DNA samples from the pig farm property so that the pig farmer takes the rap should they find her DNA there. Pure speculation, but still a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2018 6:01 PM

JFC. This girl is dead and buried somewhere where she’ll not easily be found. They would have found her by now, otherwise.

I have no clue who did this, but this poor kid is gone.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2018 10:19 PM

^ True, but they still have a crime to solve and a criminal to punish.

by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2018 10:48 PM

R103 She could be in a garden shed a la Room.

by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2018 11:17 PM

Everyone thought Elizabeth Smart was surely dead as well.

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2018 11:46 PM

She could be another victim of sex trafficking. Or the brother or boyfriend could have killed her during a heated argument. Or a complete stranger. Or someone driving by who didn't notice her until it was too late and accidentally hit her. Many theories.

by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2018 12:25 AM

Thanks for the dazzling insight, R107.

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2018 12:26 AM

Interesting tidbit. The boyfriend and his brother(s) build nice, modest homes, from the ground up. Great place to hide a body, under cement, that is. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 109August 7, 2018 12:31 AM

R101- her brother choked her? I hadn't heard this.

by Anonymousreply 110August 7, 2018 12:38 AM

R107, are you that little retarded girl who keeps sneaking on the internet getting on grown up sites?.Log off little Evie and go back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 111August 7, 2018 1:00 AM

Mollie isn’t being trafficked. Her face has been all over the news, making her an instant liability, especially with the reward now increased to 220K ( I believe).

She’s dead. This was a rape and kill or a crime of passion.

by Anonymousreply 112August 7, 2018 1:24 AM

It’s always the boyfriend or husband. Always. The 100 mile away at my job alibi is just oh so convenient. I’m sure the law enforcement noose is tightening around his neck even as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 113August 7, 2018 1:28 AM

Maybe she really liked Gone Girl.

by Anonymousreply 114August 7, 2018 1:29 AM

I was hoping she would be found alive but it is looking to good.

by Anonymousreply 115August 7, 2018 2:28 AM

The pig farmer refuses polygraph. He doesn't have a lawyer either. I don't think it's him.

The boyfriend did it. It's no coincidence he was supposedly out of town. His weird statement about 'no one would want their Mollie taken away' was weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 7, 2018 2:44 AM

Most likely she was taken by an acquaintance, like that creepy video from her former speech teacher asking for her return. She apparently is very friendly and keen to help anyone with mental health issues

by Anonymousreply 117August 7, 2018 2:47 AM

Do you happen to have a link, R117?

by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote]It's no coincidence he was supposedly out of town.

Yeah, the whole “I was working at my job” excuse. Who falls for that old chestnut?

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2018 3:16 AM

I think she got into drugs. She has that look about her, and she probably turned to a life of prostitution and has disappeared.

This happens to a lot of college girls today. I’m sad to say, this usually starts with the early use of tampons. That leads to early sexual behavior and things spiral out of control.

by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2018 3:19 AM

I have no idea whether the bf is involved, but it is weird that 100 miles is presented as an insurmountable distance. It’s a two hour drive, driven leisurely.

by Anonymousreply 121August 7, 2018 3:20 AM

Google--Mollie Tibbetts father believes she is with someone she knows. Article is WEIRD

by Anonymousreply 122August 7, 2018 3:28 AM

Kinda sounds like someone she knows is also missing.

by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2018 3:35 AM

Why is the father speaking on cable news channels if the police/FBI have yet to name a suspect? He's gone rogue talking all sorts of weird shit. Shouldn't they be telling him to STFU because this is an active investigation?

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2018 3:43 AM

I am starting to wonder if she is with a female.

by Anonymousreply 125August 7, 2018 3:58 AM

So what we have is this; the father keeps saying she's alive, the brother and boyfriend have half-assed alibis, the pig farmer won't take a polygraph, a black SUV was circling the area for over an hour prior to her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 126August 7, 2018 5:12 AM

I’m actually wondering if she took off with someone on her own. If the father thinks she’s alive and someone she knows is also missing, why not blast their name and face?

Whatever. I’m going to stick up tampon up my vagina, and see how my day unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 127August 7, 2018 9:32 AM

The woman driving the black SUV stated on FB that she was independently trying to search for whomever recently vandalized a hardware store. Ste did not see Molly at all.

by Anonymousreply 128August 7, 2018 11:16 AM

Someone vandalized a hardware store? Be interesting to know if anything was stolen... Rope, duct tape, shovel, etc.

by Anonymousreply 129August 7, 2018 11:31 AM

Her eyes are so manic in all the shots. There's definitely something wrong with her. A feeling. Dem eyez.

by Anonymousreply 130August 7, 2018 11:37 AM

R119 It worked in the first trial for killer Jason Young in NC. But he was finally brought to justice in the second trial for murdering his pregnant wife. He drove back home in the middle of the night from the hotel he was staying in for out of town business.

Mollie's Bf's brother seems like a likely suspect as well as her own hothead brother.

In the UK, the brother-in-law of the murdered midwife's ex-fiance has been charged w/ her murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 7, 2018 12:08 PM

I think it's weird how Mollies BF keeps saying that she wouldn't have locked the door. That is setting up a scenario where someone kidnapped her from the house.

Fairs bring in riffraff though. It's possible that a stranger took her.

by Anonymousreply 132August 7, 2018 12:10 PM

Yeah, when something doesn't'y sit right with your first gut reaction, pay attention.

When Elizabeth Smart went missing, her mother Lois held a necklace and spoke to her as though she were alive. Odd i thought but hopeful. My own mother picked up on that immediately. Mom said " her daughter ran away. Elizabeth seems wirey in the videos." Must you always assume the worst of everyone, even a child? i admonished my mom in disgust.

Turns out mom was right. Elizabeth was so smitten with Emmanuel she took a bus into town to find him on the streets and boots as a present. She the mormon fell for his ludricous plan to make her a wife princess. At this point she looked nothing like the younger, innocent missing billboards plastered around town. Lois Smart in hot seat for hiring psychotic bums to fix roof for cheap labor. Miraculously younger satan eyed Mary Katherine waited an hour after Elizabeth left to tell her parents. A whole hour. Enough time for them to escape to the woods. Next day, Emmanual, elizabeth and Wanda Barzee hid out in a studio basement apartment right in town! before heading to California. Evil eyed Mary Katherine younger sister couldnt recall the man in the room who abducted her sister. So cops picked up a suspect, last name Richie who died from a heroin withdrawal seizure while in custody. Also, the kitchen screen that Emmanuel sliced to get Elizabeth was torn from the inside.

The whole thing is a farce and the fugged up with age Elizabeth is raking in bank speaking at confrences.

Rare these kids don't die right away. Ariel Castro/Duggar kidnapper gives us hope.

Not the fraudulent Smarts

by Anonymousreply 133August 7, 2018 12:42 PM

Her pinned tweet is creepy as fuck. For the non twatters among us, click on the text exchange with your right mouse button and select open image in new tab to be able to read it fully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 7, 2018 12:44 PM

Or just "view image" depending on your browser

by Anonymousreply 135August 7, 2018 12:48 PM

R134, TY. Look at her crazy ass eyes in the first pictures posted of her. They're popping out of her face. She's a sick gurl.

by Anonymousreply 136August 7, 2018 12:49 PM

OK, we have the "she's got crazy eyes troll" back in the room from earlier. FF and Block.

by Anonymousreply 137August 7, 2018 12:53 PM

R133, I have always felt that something was off in the Smart case. My theory is this: Sheltered girl in oppressive life/family. Probably yearning to get out and live a little. Creepy guy grooms her and convinces her to go along with him. Yes, he abducted her, she was a minor, but I also think she was a bit of a captive in her family, too.

Kind of reminds me of Caril Fugate, Patricia Hearst, or the girl in the Joyce Carol Oates story “Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?” They’re victims, but the danger is appealing. Stockholm Syndrome doesn’t quite explain it away.

by Anonymousreply 138August 7, 2018 1:41 PM

R133/crazy eyes troll- Ff and fuck off. Elizabeth Smart is not to blame for her abduction by an adult sex offender.

by Anonymousreply 139August 7, 2018 1:47 PM

This one also reminds me of a story that’s not very well known, happened last year.

Two Knoxville women disappear, are later found with the boyfriend of one. They made a bizarre video stating they are safe and want to be left alone.

I mean, I think she’s dead, but there are a few weird things in this story that makes me think it’s not what it seems. There could be some odd twist. There have been so many stories about missing women that wind up being something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 7, 2018 1:50 PM

True, but there have been many, many more cases where a woman is simply targeted for being alone.

I think this is fairly straightforward: Mollie was either spotted while jogging and abducted right there on the road, or she was stalked and followed back to the house and possibly lured outside since there's no reports (yet) of a struggle inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 141August 7, 2018 2:04 PM

R134's post of Mollie's twitter account makes me wonder why young women say the word "like" ten times in each sentence? Those re-tweets are supposed to be like pearls of like wisdom to the young set I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 142August 7, 2018 4:47 PM

The boyfriend isn't nearly as attractive as she is, betcha she was looking to trade up, and she was good-looking enough to do so. Plus she was in college and presumably going places, I assume the relationship was on shaky ground.

So I do hope the police are looking at him. For all I know he's a great guy, but saying he was 100 miles away? That's a 90-minute drive and no alibi, unless he was actually at work in front of witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 7, 2018 5:01 PM

He doesn't look like a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 144August 7, 2018 6:25 PM

You do realize that when we see people calling to FF & block, that we FF you, non?

by Anonymousreply 145August 7, 2018 6:35 PM

There is no body. The pigs ate it. Don't buy any bacon in that town or you'll be eating her too. Never eat shark. Never eat blueberries that come from a cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 146August 7, 2018 6:38 PM

WTF, [R146]?

by Anonymousreply 147August 7, 2018 7:30 PM

I never learn as much from or laugh as much at a true crime thread anywhere as I do on the DL!

by Anonymousreply 148August 7, 2018 7:34 PM

Seems very unsafe for women to jog alone at any time. Last summer two women were brutally murdered jogging alone - not at night. Buy a treadmill girls!

by Anonymousreply 149August 7, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]Seems very unsafe for women to jog alone at any time. Last summer two women were brutally murdered jogging alone - not at night.

Let's see. Around 163 million women and girls live in the US. Last summer two were murdered while jogging alone during the daytime. Yeah, wow, what a super dangerous activity. I say we a pass a law that women aren't allowed to go out alone, period, and while we're at it, let's make them wear burqas to avoid tempting men to evil deeds.

by Anonymousreply 150August 7, 2018 7:43 PM

R150 that’s quite the hyperbolic leap you took you freak

by Anonymousreply 151August 7, 2018 7:50 PM

Yes, it was, 151; I was highlighting the absurdity of saying it's unsafe for women to jog alone at any hour. For one thing, evidence and statistics do not support that, at all. For another, why jogging in particular? If you think it unsafe for a woman to jog alone in broad daylight, wouldn't pretty much anything a woman does alone outdoors be equally dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 152August 7, 2018 7:59 PM

R151 always calls us gays freaks

by Anonymousreply 153August 7, 2018 8:00 PM

I bet they find her in a cornfield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 7, 2018 8:01 PM

R147 Get your blueberries, cemetery fresh blueberries!!

by Anonymousreply 155August 7, 2018 8:37 PM

The ground in cemeteries is very polluted, if anything was growing there, you really shouldn't eat it.

by Anonymousreply 156August 7, 2018 8:45 PM

Whatever happened to that pig farmer who only fed his pigs blueberries? He said it would improve the taste of their flesh..

by Anonymousreply 157August 7, 2018 8:48 PM

R157 He runs a cemetery out on Route 34.

by Anonymousreply 158August 7, 2018 9:08 PM

OMG.

by Anonymousreply 159August 7, 2018 9:25 PM

Lol, [R158]!

by Anonymousreply 160August 7, 2018 9:27 PM

Her father seems convinced she's still alive. It also seems more like he actually knows something he can't reveal, which is why he feels he has good reason to believe she's alive, as opposed to him being a grieving father in denial over the possibility that his daughter is dead. Unless he's in deep denial, the father seems quite confident she is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 161August 7, 2018 10:19 PM

R148 I am with you. I feel guilty laughing but I can’t help it.

by Anonymousreply 162August 7, 2018 10:23 PM

There is a Cemetary behind my house. It is not visible unless you walk up a hill. Not once has anyone found blueberries. Lots of poison ivy but no blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 163August 7, 2018 10:26 PM

A scheduled press conference today is now set for Friday, 9:30 CT. we might finally learn new information, or, they are just delaying because there's nothing.

I have my suspicions about a local guy who the Reddit group has focused on; he's an individual who was posting a bunch of memes and creepy mysoginistic/ trump shit on his FB, total red neck dude, and he went quiet on the night of July 18. he lives along her running route.

by Anonymousreply 164August 7, 2018 10:35 PM

[quote] Unless he's in deep denial, the father seems quite confident she is still alive.

Oh, please; we all know she is pushing up blueberries by now.

by Anonymousreply 165August 7, 2018 10:37 PM

Her IG account has more unintended “foretelling”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 7, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote]pushing up blueberries

Annnnnd a new DL meme is born

by Anonymousreply 167August 7, 2018 11:17 PM

Not seeing the unintended foretelling.....

She looks like a nice kid. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 168August 7, 2018 11:37 PM

For starters, R168, her IG quote is “It’s a great day to be alive”.

Then there’s a pic where she calls her bf her sunshine, and a conversation ensues, that is “odd”, about Mollie being someone else’s “sunshine”, and Mollie asks (paraphrasing), “Do you feel that he’s (boyfriend) taking away your sunshine?”

by Anonymousreply 169August 7, 2018 11:44 PM

Well, yeah, the sunshine thing is a little ominous.

by Anonymousreply 170August 7, 2018 11:47 PM

It's the circle of life -- cemetery to blueberries to pigs to disposing of dead bodies. It's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 171August 7, 2018 11:49 PM

she is fat, i thought she was thinner. PArents dont show her last pictures

by Anonymousreply 172August 8, 2018 12:09 AM

Since you quoted me R165 I'll reply back.

So what you're saying is that instead of pushing up daises she's pushing up blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 173August 8, 2018 12:14 AM

^ *daisies*

by Anonymousreply 174August 8, 2018 12:16 AM

I will only be eating person-free blueberries from now on.

by Anonymousreply 175August 8, 2018 12:44 AM

She seems quite sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 8, 2018 12:56 AM

R138 I totally agree something was very off about the Smart family. Much of what you said rings true. What also bothered me deeply was how fucking quickly they trotted her out to the press after she was found. It was appalling. I seem to recall they made her play, I want to say the harp, during their press conference. Her father was a piece of work (as was the mother) It just screamed Optics (or whatever word was used back then) people, optics! See? She's still our little angelic virgin! Meanwhile, she looked sedated up to her eyeballs, and totally distant from them. The whole display, or perhaps sideshow fits better, was beyond creepy.

by Anonymousreply 177August 8, 2018 6:29 AM

Have they confirmed that she was taken from the house or while she was jogging?

by Anonymousreply 178August 8, 2018 9:09 AM

Nope, R178.

by Anonymousreply 179August 8, 2018 12:14 PM

Interesting how this happened right before a special election, huh? Maybe she’ll be released now that the votes are in.

I don’t put ANYTHING past Republicans. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 180August 8, 2018 3:34 PM

You guys are freaks

by Anonymousreply 181August 8, 2018 10:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2018 1:52 AM

So what does DL think? Her bro killed her? She's alive and the dad knows who has her? There's a million click baity stories a day and none seem real new. Why did they imply she went missing whilst jogging when it was then said her bf talked to her at 10? Is this confusing and nebulous or is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2018 1:58 AM

I do not think the FBI would commit such a large number of agents if they thought she ran off or the boyfriend or family did it.

I think the father is holding on to hope but these things rarely turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 184August 9, 2018 2:11 AM

Another strange missing person case: In a small Texas town,18 year old Tom Brown vanishes, the local police have an odd & suspicious reaction to his disappearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 9, 2018 2:14 AM

The brothers have somewhat disappeared from the spotlight/interviews.

by Anonymousreply 186August 9, 2018 2:39 AM

The dad made some weird statements to the press about her possibly being with someone people might not approve of, made me think she's with some guy. Possibly a sketchy guy or an older guy. Then the dad quickly made another statement the next day (he must have realized how his statements came off) about "who ever has her or who ever took her to just give her back"

It reminds me exactly of that teenager that willingly ran away recently with her married teacher and how her fucked up parents tried to change the narrative to her not willingly running away with a married man that she had been having an affair with, but instead was kidnapped by him.

by Anonymousreply 187August 9, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote] I totally agree something was very off about the Smart family. Much of what you said rings true. What also bothered me deeply was how fucking quickly they trotted her out to the press after she was found. It was appalling. I seem to recall they made her play, I want to say the harp, during their press conference.

No doubt, the Smarts are a strange family. But I think they didn't want the press asking any prying questions or questions about her being raped. Can you blame them? I wouldn't want to have to say that my young kidnapped daughter who was held hostage for over a year had been raped every single day, in every single way

by Anonymousreply 188August 9, 2018 2:59 AM

So to help other children in the future, I've put together a list of things Elizabeth could have done to escape her captors:

1. Walked away. It turns out that Elizabeth was held at knife-point and was as close as 10 minutes away from her home at times throughout her 9-month ordeal. Here's an idea: walk home. Or if you're a gimp, change "walk" to "hobble" and the same rules apply.

2. Don't use wigs, sunglasses, and phony accents. If you're trying to break free, cut the bullshit and remove the disguise when you're in public. If your captor walks away from you at a party and starts drinking beer, it's a pretty safe bet he's not a prophet. What are you clinging onto?

3. Don't hang out at parties. It kind of blows the credibility of the whole kidnapping story if you're seen at a party. Next thing you know you have to make up some crazy shit about being brainwashed.

4. Anything. Almost a year before Elizabeth Smart was found, there was a 7 year old girl named Erica Pratt who was kidnapped, bound with duct tape around her arms, legs and eyes, and left in the basement of a building:

Did she lie back and take it? Hell no. She broke a window, gnawed through her duct tape, and escaped. She was back home the next day before her parents could enjoy the solitude of having one less kid around, and she's only 7 years old.

So keep these pointers in mind if you're ever kidnapped and you'll turn up at a party somewhere. Or a glove compartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 9, 2018 3:05 AM

On the audio he says he saw her at 8, print story says 9. Reporting is very sloppy in this case. May have reported it sooner and just now is speaking with press? Dunno. Everything about all of this is odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 9, 2018 12:25 PM

This guy on FB 2 weeks ago, new headline but not a new story. This is the sitting on my porch guy.

by Anonymousreply 191August 9, 2018 12:34 PM

R189 = victim blamer

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2018 7:44 PM

R189 It seems that R192 summed it up best, but I'll spell it out for you.

There have been many reports of rescued kidnapped victims who actually had a few chances to escape but didn't. They are in shock. They are also brainwashed. The phenomenon is called Stockholm Syndrome. I am sure you've heard of it. They are also feared into silence. They are being fed one lie after another and also told the search for them is over --- everyone gave up assuming they are dead and someday their body will be recovered. They are told this when they are in *extreme* fear, which is when they are less likely to be able to think clearly and more likely to believe their deranged captor.

They are also mentally and physically abused and tortured and told if they dare try to escape they will be tortured even worse. They break them down mentally, that is, if they aren't killed. They are acting out of pure fear when making decisions. Rational thinking shuts down, not too mention most kidnapped victims aren't grown, mature adults with the life experiences to draw from and lack the ability to think things through like an adult. They become frozen in fear.

You talk out of your ass, and have no idea how you would handle being kidnapped and tormented.

You too might decide to stay when the chance to escape arises for fear of being caught and tortured to death. Kidnappers have no conscience, they aren't decent people who went off one day and made a terrible mistake. They are dangerous, not decent people with issues. Psychopaths, with no conscience. Normal non-disordered people do not cross that line and cause harm to others.

Many victims said they were told that there were spies out there watching out and would bring them back to the kidnapper should they escape, even though that probably isn't true, they are terrified and can't think straight and tend to believe their kidnapper. So they stay put, fearing for their lives and wanting to avoid more torture, and possibly death.

by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2018 8:12 PM

Elizabeth smart is a fraud!

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2018 10:59 PM

The truth, man. We got played.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2018 11:22 PM

It's there. Runaway. So don't get hopes up. Not the Duggar case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2018 11:26 PM

I hate the author but do scroll down. We've all been had..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 9, 2018 11:34 PM

Early tampon use = a life of prostitution?

Only on DL

by Anonymousreply 198August 9, 2018 11:39 PM

What the hell is the point of attacking Elizabeth Smart now?

She knows what happened, her family knows what happened, it's not actually important for the public to know exactly what happened. No matter what led up to it, it was horrible and tawdry experience for a girl who was a minor and too young be held accountable for whatever she did wrong, IF she did anything wrong. Which is just something that some peole want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 199August 9, 2018 11:39 PM

And another..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 9, 2018 11:42 PM

OMG, please start your own thread Elizabeth Smart troll.

I don’t care if you have a different opinion about the Smart case (I disagree with you, but have no qualms about you believing whatever you want to), but can you please either post about Mollie Tibbetts and the current hoopla surrounding *her* case or start your own separate Elizabeth S. centric thread?

by Anonymousreply 201August 9, 2018 11:49 PM

F&F this fucking Elizabeth Smart troll.

by Anonymousreply 202August 9, 2018 11:53 PM

No fool @ R201. Elizabeth is a grand insult to genuine victims. Her speaking engagements need to be cut off. A fraud.

by Anonymousreply 203August 9, 2018 11:54 PM

There could be an entirely *different* explanation for what happened to Mollie during her evening jog near the cornfields...🏃🏻‍♀️🌽👽

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 9, 2018 11:56 PM

Lobbying DL'ers isn't going to achieve that result, R203. Please do go away now.

by Anonymousreply 205August 9, 2018 11:57 PM

Remember R202, any time you attempt to shut down those that don't agree with you, especially if they make a heartfelt post, you're gonna get FF'd. DL is NOT your board. You did nothing to bring this free speech site to fruition. So YOU Are resented by the DL family by attempting to control a free and open board.

by Anonymousreply 206August 10, 2018 12:01 AM

Or maybe Mollie is currently stuck in another dimension, playing baseball nightly in the cornfields with long dead legendary baseball players....

(She was “sporty” after all...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 10, 2018 12:04 AM

R202, you controlling freak. We don't need YOU, no less telling us what we might consider. We know when to FF and block but is never because someone is attempting to open up our minds. Someone offering a different take. We save our FFs. for the truly vile. YOU, R202 are truly vile so FF sucker.

by Anonymousreply 208August 10, 2018 12:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 10, 2018 12:14 AM

Why are women so weak?

by Anonymousreply 210August 10, 2018 1:01 AM

But, R163, that's what happens when you plant blueberries in cemeteries - they turn into poison ivy!

Because, you know, formaldehyde.....

by Anonymousreply 211August 10, 2018 1:09 AM

I think they have got little. If Mollie does not reappear (having done a runner) I think this will be a cold case. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 212August 10, 2018 1:28 AM

R210, smaller skeletons, less muscle mass, less testosterone.

Biology 101.

by Anonymousreply 213August 10, 2018 1:40 AM

The guy who saw her jogging, Devin Riley. I want to know if his wife and kids were home when he saw her.

by Anonymousreply 214August 10, 2018 3:14 AM

[quote][R202], you controlling freak. We don't need YOU, no less telling us what we might consider. We know when to FF and block but is never because someone is attempting to open up our minds. Someone offering a different take. We save our FFs. for the truly vile. YOU, [R202] are truly vile so FF sucker.

Eh, I used my F&F on the Elizabeth Smart troll.

by Anonymousreply 215August 10, 2018 3:17 AM

Fuck off, Elizabeth Smart Troll!

Start your own damn thread if you're that obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 216August 10, 2018 3:30 AM

So why does the dad keep implying that she's in some kind of relationship with the kidnapper? It irritates me when they make such a sweeping call for help but they hold shit back, it's like any of those "Disappeared" eps where they leave out the part where the person stole 20k from their job before they were "abducted". Is her dad just hoping for the best or does he really know something?

by Anonymousreply 217August 10, 2018 3:32 AM

And you control freaks just got FFd by 30 more people 215/R216

by Anonymousreply 218August 10, 2018 3:52 AM

yeah, not likely, r218.

by Anonymousreply 219August 10, 2018 4:03 AM

MacKenzie Foy (Interstellar, Twilight) as Mollie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 10, 2018 4:33 AM

Well, the latest is that the pig farmer ended up taking the lie detector test today, August 9th. They haven't released the results to the public, and not being an attorney I'm not sure if they will, until maybe at a later date. But he did take the polygraph test today.

I wonder if he had proper legal representation and the lawyer advised him to take the test OR if he doesn't have a lawyer/legal counsel and law enforcement pressured him until he caved. We'll soon find out.

Meanwhile, I hope she is alive, but at this point that hope is fading fast.

by Anonymousreply 221August 10, 2018 6:54 AM

Thanks, lawyer at r221. Do you think the pig farmer is involved? If so, I feel like they would have already arrested him. Does this case seem strange to you too? Honestly, I would imagine those farmers would have some big friends with baseball bats go pay some visits till they found things out, vigilante style. I have a good friend who is a retired lawyer and a big gun guy, he would use either or both of those things to find me if I went missing.

by Anonymousreply 222August 10, 2018 6:58 AM

^ I mentioned that I am *not* a lawyer. So all that I posted is all I know, regarding the pig farmer and the outcome of the polygraph.

by Anonymousreply 223August 10, 2018 7:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 10, 2018 7:21 AM

OK, well do you think the pig farmer is involved or is he an easy suspect?

by Anonymousreply 225August 10, 2018 7:21 AM

Not sure, but he likely wouldn't have agreed to take the test if he was guilty. After all, they thoroughly investigated him and scoured every inch of his farm and came up with nothing. There is no evidence that he was involved. At this point, with what we have, its hard to say if he's involved. I do hope they release the test results. If he's not involved, I sure hope they aren't trying to frame him.

by Anonymousreply 226August 10, 2018 7:28 AM

^ I meant r221 & r224

by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2018 7:31 AM

Thanks, I knew what you meant. Wow, well that's pretty shitty if they're just putting pressure on him because they have no idea. Why does her dad act like he knows the person?

by Anonymousreply 228August 10, 2018 7:33 AM

I hope no one blames the pigs.

by Anonymousreply 229August 10, 2018 8:21 AM

[quote]Why does her dad act like he knows the person?

Yeah, the dad's theory is bizarre and seems like it has to be more than the "hunch" he claims it is; I hope the cops are pressing him to explain his thinking.

Between weird dad and problem brother, maybe the chick did a runner to escape her freaky family.

by Anonymousreply 230August 10, 2018 4:49 PM

If the dad knows who has her/where she is and isn't sharing information with the authorities, they should call off the search.

by Anonymousreply 231August 10, 2018 4:58 PM

That's what I am asking, does it seem like he does or is he just posturing? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 232August 10, 2018 4:59 PM

Hog farmer. Hog farmer. Hog farmer.

by Anonymousreply 233August 10, 2018 5:09 PM

Like someone else said, the hog farmer would of refused a polygraph if he had anything to do with it. I think we can scratch him off the list.

by Anonymousreply 234August 10, 2018 5:26 PM

Does anyone live in the area? How serious is the police search? Are they scouring the fields and dredging the lakes?

Do they seem to be acting on the assumption that she's dead, or are they making a half-assed effort because they think she ran off with some loser?

by Anonymousreply 235August 10, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote]Like someone else said, the hog farmer would of refused a polygraph

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 236August 10, 2018 5:34 PM

That's what I am asking, does it seem like he does or is he just posturing?

Who the hell knows, but it seems very odd that he would come up with this detailed theory that his daughter went off somewhere with somebody she knows and trusts, but who had mistaken ideas about their relationship, if he did not have a particular person in mind and had never had conversations with Mollie that led him to believe she had such a person in her life.

by Anonymousreply 237August 10, 2018 5:40 PM

The dad might just be desperately trying to give the "kidnapper" an out, in the hopes that they'll release her alive if it's deemed to be a "misunderstanding" more than a crime.

I also agree with those saying never talk to cops. This is a good video on the subject.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 10, 2018 5:59 PM

What has bothered me about this case is the rumor mill. There are dozens of Facebook users (all women), who are now claiming that they’ve encountered possible dangerous vehicle pursuits, where they’ve been followed for many miles, and even at dangerous, high speeds, by vehicles driven and occupied by multiple black men, whose purpose is to run their vehicles off the road, and kidnap them for purposes of human trafficking.

I am sensitive to the highly charged racial divisiveness that we are currently experiencing, but it is really disappointing, even though somewhat expected, that the bad guy is always a black man, or a group of black men.

Mollie Tibbetts is most likely deceased at this point, and it is very possible that her remains will never be recovered, especially if this was done by someone who has done this before.

by Anonymousreply 239August 10, 2018 6:30 PM

Oh really r239? That place seems like the whitest place ever, I can't imagine any black dudes being there.

by Anonymousreply 240August 10, 2018 6:32 PM

[quote]The dad might just be desperately trying to give the "kidnapper" an out, in the hopes that they'll release her alive if it's deemed to be a "misunderstanding" more than a crime.

Could be, but if the kidnapper is NOT somebody who knows her and has some sort of unrequited obsession with her, then let's face it, she is dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 241August 10, 2018 6:38 PM

They don't make names like "Mollie Tibbetts" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 242August 10, 2018 6:40 PM

Sorry about Fox link, so her dad thinks that because a profiler said it? Yeah it makes people want to know what they know and aren't saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 10, 2018 6:55 PM

The ex-profiler needs to take a look at a map. Yes it's a small town. It's right off I=80 about 60 miles outside Des Moines. There are reasons to stop in Brooklyn. Places to eat, especially if you wan to avoid fast food and Des Moines. Not claiming it's a popular tourist spot but there is enough traffic off the interstate that residents would notice a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 244August 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Is the hog farmer hot?

by Anonymousreply 245August 10, 2018 10:49 PM

Noooooo r245

by Anonymousreply 246August 10, 2018 10:50 PM

Are the hogs hot?

by Anonymousreply 247August 10, 2018 10:56 PM

Only when they are digesting that girl.

by Anonymousreply 248August 10, 2018 11:02 PM

R239, reminds me of that pathological liar cunt Sherri Papini who said that two Latina women abducted her.

And all the fraus came out clucking with their sex trafficking theories. Honestly, I think all this talk of “sex trafficking” is wishful thinking. They get all hot and bothered thinking about rough black/Latino men tying them up and forcing them to take cocks. I’m not even kidding. Like Carrie White’s mother. Ew.

On topic: I hope Mollie is found safe and sound.

by Anonymousreply 249August 10, 2018 11:51 PM

The porch guy knew her schedule. I don't get a good feeling about him.

by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2018 12:03 AM

I am curious to know what is being posted on Web Sleuths. I hate their format and also the Mods who police the site to the extreme which is why I never joined and posted comments. They jump in and correct you if you post a theory when it's just a theory. Anyone here been to WS lately, and if so what are they saying there?

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2018 12:06 AM

If porch guy was born in 1983--he has a long criminal record. He was checking her out because he remembered exactly what she was wearing.

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2018 12:10 AM

R188 That's just it, they didn't have to trot her out AT ALL. They had her out in front of strangers with cameras in no time. That was supposed to help her recover? No, they wanted to put out THEIR version of the "message" No, no rape here. See? Angelic virgin, complete with harp.

by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2018 12:14 AM

[quote]Yeah, the dad's theory is bizarre and seems like it has to be more than the "hunch" he claims it is; I hope the cops are pressing him to explain his thinking.

Or it could be part of a law enforcement strategy and the cops and dad known exactly what they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2018 12:24 AM

Is porch guy hot?

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2018 12:47 AM

They’ve never found the man who raped and murdered the two little girls, Abigail, and _____ . Can’t remember the name of the other kid. Anyhow, there is a strong possibility that there is an interstate serial killer out there, who is smart enough to not have developed an MO.

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2018 12:52 AM

How on earth would all these women know the intentions of some men who they never had contact with, R239? People like you need to stay off Facebook. Actually, stay off the internet altogether. You don’t have the critical thinking skills to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2018 1:05 AM

The chances of her still being alive at this point are slim, but not impossible. On another note, I am sure the authorities are withholding certain crucial details because they don't want the person who took her to know what they know.

by Anonymousreply 258August 11, 2018 1:08 AM

R257, wtf is wrong with you? I never said that these stories were reasonable, or that I believed them. What I said is that I think it’s pretty fucked up that women in this area of Iowa are claiming that black men are pursuing them for the purposes of kidnapping. Of course I don’t believe these stories are true, because these women wouldn’t know the motives for the “alleged” pursuits.

Why don’t you learn to comprehend what you read, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 259August 11, 2018 1:11 AM

Just saw on reddit that Marshalltown, IA police are looking for a person of interest (they have a photo). Does not say what that person of interest is connected to. That's about a hour away from Brooklyn. Porch guy used to live in that town.

by Anonymousreply 260August 11, 2018 1:38 AM

whoops ^ enough traffic off the interstate that residents wouldn't notice a stranger

by Anonymousreply 261August 11, 2018 1:54 AM

My apologies, R259. It wasn’t at all clear to me or to the poster connecting you to Sherri Papini. But I’m glad to hear that you aren’t a moron.

by Anonymousreply 262August 11, 2018 2:16 AM

[quote]Early tampon use = a life of prostitution?

It encourages early sexual behavior since the girl is already accustomed to inserting things in herself. I was quite scandalized when I found out my niece was allowing her 12-year old daughter to use them. Tampons are for married ladies.

by Anonymousreply 263August 11, 2018 3:54 AM

Is this the brother who choked her? According to this interview, he was the last person to see her alive.

Also, what's the father's ethnicity? Only reason I ask is that Mollie, the father & the brothers don't look northern european. Whoever took her may have assumed she was hispanic or native american (an easy snatch) and other than her immediate family, no one would look for her. If that's the case, the perpetrator may have been sloppy, assuming LE would not make this a high profile case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 11, 2018 5:17 AM

The fat brother, the BF, and porch guy all don't seem to be that torn up about Mollie's disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 265August 11, 2018 5:41 AM

R150 your stats don't make it any less dangerous. Your response is so hysterical but overlooks the fact that women are assaulted in situations like this and it isn't particularly safe.

by Anonymousreply 266August 11, 2018 5:48 AM

I agree 263. That is actually how we found out my niece had been sexually abused by a male relative when she was young. She was afraid to tell us. All of the sudden, when she got her first period at age 12, she immediately started using tampons instead of the sanitary pads my sister bought her. She said wanted to use the tampons instead so she went out and bought them herself.

We were confused and shocked. That was when we put 2+2 together and confronted her. She was lying about the sexual abuse out of shame and covering up for her abuser, whom at that point she hadn't seen in years. But we got to the bottom of it and confronted the relative. Unfortunately, at the time, the Statue of Limitations had expired and he got away with child sexual abuse.

We couldn't tell my BIL because my niece didn't want her dad to know and my sister said her husband would have gone after the abuser and probably killed him. Or at the least beat him badly and ended up in jail even though he's not a violent person/criminal. It was a bad time for all of us. This punk got away with it.

I agree tampons are for adults/married women. If a girl is using them early in her teens especially without even trying the pads for a while it's a red flag and I would suspect something, like sexual abuse or suspect she is being sexually active with boys she knows.

by Anonymousreply 267August 11, 2018 6:52 AM

holy shit, are you for real r267? Where are you fucking people coming from? I was a windsurfer and swimmer, used tampons since I was 13. Some people are active, I understand that you may not get that.

by Anonymousreply 268August 11, 2018 6:55 AM

R268 I am not a frau. And you don't have to agree. I agree with R263.

by Anonymousreply 269August 11, 2018 7:01 AM

R268, They are convinced a broken hymen means sexual activity. Who the fuck knows why gays would give a shit about female hygiene products.

by Anonymousreply 270August 11, 2018 7:06 AM

What's all the pearl clutching about tampons?? Have you ever seen one? They aren't that large. Not even like a small dick. So no young girl is being violated. Besides, they don't want to wear something old-fashioned and as messy as a pad.

by Anonymousreply 271August 11, 2018 7:06 AM

Does anyone know the actual results of the polygraph, if the pig farmer passed even though it's not admissible in court.

by Anonymousreply 272August 11, 2018 7:14 AM

Oh and I forgot to "oh dear" your use of "statue of limitations" at r267. Are you a troll or Elaine Benes?

by Anonymousreply 273August 11, 2018 7:22 AM

R239 We have to bring in the race card ... Really!

by Anonymousreply 274August 11, 2018 8:18 AM

Sanitary napkins are gross. Blood hitting air. You can always smell those pad wearers.

by Anonymousreply 275August 11, 2018 8:47 AM

R267, you sound old and colored. No one wears pads for periods. They reek.

by Anonymousreply 276August 11, 2018 8:50 AM

R267 buuuuurn!

by Anonymousreply 277August 11, 2018 8:52 AM

R263, old and blackwards, right?

by Anonymousreply 278August 11, 2018 8:56 AM

R263, married ladies? How low rent. Proper term is married Women., rube

by Anonymousreply 279August 11, 2018 9:01 AM

Lol regarding the tampon use. I wore tampons as a virgin. I was very active as a teen. I ran track, ride my horse regularly, and played tennis, softball, and swam. There’s no way I would have done all of that with pads. And pads are really unsanitary. Wearing tampons didn’t turn me into a whore. My sex drive did that.

Now, we use cups. Not tea cups or coffee cups, lol! The cups are way more comfy than tampons.

by Anonymousreply 280August 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Have they questioned the brother's friend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 11, 2018 12:10 PM

[Quote][R239] We have to bring in the race card ... Really!

No one is bringing in the race card. Her ethnicity may be relevant to the case. The need to explore all angles.

by Anonymousreply 282August 11, 2018 1:26 PM

R267, your ignorance is astounding.

Please be sure to visit the Statue of Limitations the next time you're in the Big City.

by Anonymousreply 283August 11, 2018 1:45 PM

Wait people are saying using tampons is slutty??

Wtf does this have to do with the missing girl?

No wonder Hillary lost. Our society is so fucked up

by Anonymousreply 284August 11, 2018 2:22 PM

Even more ignorance, R284. This is the kind of crap grandmas used to warn about in the 40s--not that using them is slutty but that doing so would make your husband think you weren't a virgin on your wedding night. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 285August 11, 2018 3:42 PM

[quote][R150] your stats don't make it any less dangerous. Your response is so hysterical but overlooks the fact that women are assaulted in situations like this and it isn't particularly safe.

You're nuts—perhaps not as nuts as the "tampons are slutty" poster(s) or the racists who responded to them at r276 and r278, but nuts nonetheless. Not saying no woman has ever been assaulted while jogging in broad daylight, but it's hardly a common occurrence or any more dangerous than a million other activities that women regularly do on their own, in broad daylight, with no repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 286August 11, 2018 4:20 PM

R284, it has to do with the missing girl because it’s extremely likely that she was sexually active from an early age, so it’s likely that she was involved with ethnic men who got her involved with drugs and prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 287August 11, 2018 5:00 PM

....and maybe even serial killings as well, R287. Tampons have destroyed American womanhood---nay, Western civilization. It's a scandal! It's an outrage!

by Anonymousreply 288August 11, 2018 5:02 PM

I’m sorry, but in my day women were ladies. It’s evident that they aren’t anymore. Yes, many things have changed. I’m glad I’m old. I look at the world today and it’s no place I want to be.

by Anonymousreply 289August 11, 2018 5:07 PM

You people are kidding, about tampon use, aren’t you?!

Leave it to men to make tampons sexual.

by Anonymousreply 290August 11, 2018 5:08 PM

R273 LOL. I meant Statute. Many years ago I worked part time for a local law firm as an undergraduate student and that was a very common spelling mistake. So I had to laugh when I just saw that I had misspelled that word. Anyway, I was typing at 2:00am, about the time my Lorazepam sleep med had kicked, just before I logged off the computer and went to bed. Never fails, I make mistakes at that time. I even proofread the post and still didn't see the mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

by Anonymousreply 291August 11, 2018 5:19 PM

You know, R290, I thought posters like R287 were joking, but now I'm not so sure. They might just be insane.

by Anonymousreply 292August 11, 2018 5:23 PM

OMG, R291 is Roseanne!

by Anonymousreply 293August 11, 2018 5:35 PM

R289 I feel the exact same way. I am 60 and there's nothing about today's world that feels familiar to me. Lately, every evening, I've been watching reruns of Alfred Hitchcock Presents (filmed in the 50s to early 60s) and also Andy Griffith and Leave It To Beaver (both filmed in the 60s) and the differences in that world versus today's world are astounding. I love watching those shows now because it is the only reminder of the world I grew up in. For one, people were more civil. But only those born before the early 1960s would know that. Those that don't know how to relate to much of anything outside of their own little world ignore the history we have to draw from, instead of learning from it, and childishly mock or call us crazy for feeling this way.

by Anonymousreply 294August 11, 2018 5:35 PM

R293 = 12 years old. Learn to read. The reply was specifically for R273, not you, you, you. It's not about you, you, you. And I wasn't replying to you, you, you.

by Anonymousreply 295August 11, 2018 5:39 PM

I'd like to say there's hope, but after all this time.. I'm pessimistic. I hope I'm proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 296August 11, 2018 5:40 PM

They could be....both, r292....

by Anonymousreply 297August 11, 2018 5:40 PM

R294... I was born in 1954, and totally agree. No mocking, here. It was a better time, and I watch those shows, too.. for good memories.

by Anonymousreply 298August 11, 2018 5:44 PM

Statistically, the more time that has passed, the less likely the person is alive. That's why the first 12-24 hours are the most critical. A retired cop once told me that when the victim is taken to the second location that is where they are usually killed.

by Anonymousreply 299August 11, 2018 5:49 PM

R133 you've posted that shit before. No one is going to fall for it. You seem to want to blame women for their own abductions.

by Anonymousreply 300August 11, 2018 5:54 PM

r299 Truth, John Mulaney said the same thing, if he is at a bar and his friends want to go to another bar, he declines, he knows the second location is killer.

by Anonymousreply 301August 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Location, location, location, r299.

by Anonymousreply 302August 11, 2018 5:56 PM

Um, how the fuck did tampon get into this conversation? Any one who equates tampon use to sluttiness is bat shit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 303August 11, 2018 6:00 PM

If I were in Vegas I'd place a bet that the fat ass brother did it. Why? I like to gamble, but also

1. He choked her out before

2. He stated he dropped her off at the bf's house that evening

3. He can't make eye contact with reporters during interviews

4. He's fat as fuck indicating some kind of mental/emotional problems

This evening on the Oxygen Channel. there's a 2 hour special covering this story. I think it airs at 5 pm Mountain time so check your local listings. Disappearanve: the Mollie Tibbets Story.

by Anonymousreply 304August 11, 2018 6:04 PM

Agreed, R303.

Also, for you nostalgic MFers claiming the world was so much better in the olden days, as evidenced by Dragnet or Dick Van Dyke, for fuck's sake: You are also insane.

First, real life wasn't like TV then, and it's not like TV now.

Second, I doubt many black people of that era would agree with you about its beauty, given that they would have been busy trying to vote or not get lynched.

And as a vagina-owner, let me just say I'm glad we are no longer in an era when my use of tampons defines my morality. I also like being able to get a mortgage and (somewhat) earn equal pay for my equal work.

Your nostalgia is misguided and, frankly, sick.

by Anonymousreply 305August 11, 2018 6:07 PM

Uh, can we get back to the case?

She's dead in a cornfield where Fatty placed her.

by Anonymousreply 306August 11, 2018 6:09 PM

R305, when did you start using them? I suppose you have about four mongrel children by now also.

by Anonymousreply 307August 11, 2018 6:14 PM

No, I just have sex with your niece, Niece Troll at R307.

by Anonymousreply 308August 11, 2018 6:17 PM

"It was a better time, and I watch those shows, too.. for good memories. "

Better times? Homosexuality was illegal then! If you'd gone to places like 1950s Mayberry , and you'd find the aw-shucks local sherriff arresting you for looking in the direction of a teenage boy, beating the shit out of you, and the next morning telling your mother that you'd hanged yourself in your cell with your belt (even though you were still handcuffed). Which was better for everyone, considering what a menace to society you'd been.

Stop idealizing the past, and deal with the real world.

by Anonymousreply 309August 11, 2018 6:22 PM

R291/ R267- you have got to be one of the trashiest and most ignorant posters I’ve ever seen on DL. That’s not a spelling error. Statute and statue are completely different sounding words. You’re just stupid.

But aside from that, fuck you for your “We couldn’t tell nobody cuz her mama said her daddy wuz gonna kill em” bullshit. “Shoulda knowed somebody wuz molestin that girl once she started stickin tampons up her twat.” Yeah, molested children’s bodies get so accustomed to having things shoved inside of them that they start stuffing themselves with tampons. And why the fuck were you and your sister sitting around talking about your 12 year old niece using tampons and getting “shocked” about it to the point that you “confronted” the child?

You and your family are disgusting pieces of filth. I hope to God your niece figured this out in time to sever ties with all of you and get the love, respect, and support you pieces of shit were incapable of providing. I wish the rest of you an endless supply of opiates, trailer-obliterating tornados, gum disease, declined disability applications, loss of custody rights, impotence, and early death.

by Anonymousreply 310August 11, 2018 6:24 PM

WTF are people like R291/R267 doing on the DL in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 311August 11, 2018 6:28 PM

You fucking miserable cunt frauen are turning DL to shit. Get back on topic! Mollie Tibbets !

by Anonymousreply 312August 11, 2018 6:33 PM

R267/R291/R307 reveals herself to be the racist hillbilly I suspected her to be. “Mongrel children?” I love it when white trash people think they’re superior to those who would have “mongrel” children, remaining oblivious to the reasons she and her kinfolk are degenerates who should be removed from the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 313August 11, 2018 6:36 PM

Most young girls are corrupted by the sex obsessed media today and are little whores who care about nothing else but painting their faces and using tampons. I blame Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 314August 11, 2018 6:45 PM

FF these morons. Don't bother...

by Anonymousreply 315August 11, 2018 6:51 PM

R298 & R294...I just rewatched “High Noon” from 1952. What an artistic masterpiece!

I was shocked by how...uh. People actually spoke with one another.

And there’s even a heroic & strong Mexican actress. In 1952! Seems like most of the whites back then were more decent to POCs than today.

It wasn’t pure barbarism back then. The white supremacists have always been around, but they’re not the majority...even if just by barely.

by Anonymousreply 316August 11, 2018 6:54 PM

The study of Tampax is the study of women's liberation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317August 11, 2018 6:59 PM

R284 Your post cracked me up! Missing Mollie Tibbetts is a serious matter. I thought I was on the wrong thread. I needed a laugh today.

by Anonymousreply 318August 11, 2018 7:02 PM

From Reddit: Warning: Extreme speculation They found her phone on the property next to WC. Since they have been unable to locate a body near the phone and based on information found on the phone, they know who has her, and that she may very well be alive.

by Anonymousreply 319August 11, 2018 8:23 PM

WC??

by Anonymousreply 320August 11, 2018 8:27 PM

I gather WC is the hog farmer's initials.

by Anonymousreply 321August 11, 2018 8:39 PM

WC = Wayne Cheney, owner of the pig farm

by Anonymousreply 322August 11, 2018 8:43 PM

Speculation thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 11, 2018 8:48 PM

I've set the DVD for the Oxygen episode tonight. 2 hours is a fairly long show so I'm looking to learn more details.

by Anonymousreply 324August 11, 2018 8:50 PM

DVR

Two things from the Reddit thread:

1. Mollie always ran with a Fitbit which has GPS capabilities

2. A red shirt was found near the pig farm

by Anonymousreply 325August 11, 2018 9:06 PM

But did she come home from the jog? Because she did, right? They made it sound like she went for a jog and never came back but wasn't it later said she talked to the bf after her jog?

by Anonymousreply 326August 11, 2018 9:15 PM

No, it hasn't been established she made it home.

Bf collected a text from her at 10 pm but not known at what time she sent it.

by Anonymousreply 327August 11, 2018 9:26 PM

How hasn't MSNBC made this about Trump?? She never would have gone missing if Hillary had been elected, right, Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 328August 11, 2018 9:28 PM

R229, The nearby pig farm's currently pig-less. So unless DL wants to blame imaginary flying pigs . . .

by Anonymousreply 329August 11, 2018 9:33 PM

Blueberry tampon

In the cemetery

Does digestion destroyyyyyyyy

DNA

by Anonymousreply 330August 11, 2018 9:52 PM

R324 Isn’t the special on Oxygen this evening regarding Crystal Rogers and not Mollie Tibbetts?

by Anonymousreply 331August 11, 2018 10:05 PM

R304, Shocking that the brother choked his sister and made her pass out. No excuses, no forgiveness, sorry.

Mollie's 2 brothers sided with their Mom in the divorce. Mollie is the only one who went to their Dad's wedding. Family schism?

By the way Mollie did not have dinner at her Mom's that night. So if she was expected for dinner, and didn't call to cancel, why didn't Mom react that night?

by Anonymousreply 332August 11, 2018 10:16 PM

If the brother did it, then the parents would say anything other than admit it, they'd say anything to mislead the public, and probably the police as well. If they know they've lost a daughter, they won't want to lose a son as well.

And yes, that's how it frequently works when a minor sibling abuses a minor sibling, the parents do their damndest to hush it up and convince the abused sibling to keep quiet. This is especially true when it's a son abusing a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 333August 11, 2018 10:23 PM

RE tampon use, There are many reasons to use them including wanting to o swimming, participate in sports. Tampons were invented in part because many young women had extreme sensitivity to pads and had difficulty wearing them.

Back in the olden days some women tried to stay out of sight every month, or at least for the 1st few days.

by Anonymousreply 334August 11, 2018 10:46 PM

Wtf is with the tampon trolling? If you're so concerned about what young girls are using for their periods, you're probably a fucking perv.

by Anonymousreply 335August 11, 2018 10:54 PM

Fatty raped her then killed her because no other girl would let him get within 10 miles of them .Bet you.

by Anonymousreply 336August 11, 2018 10:59 PM

Dammit. Its Crystal not Mollie on Oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 337August 11, 2018 11:09 PM

R337, Crystal McDowell?

by Anonymousreply 338August 11, 2018 11:10 PM

Oh, never mind. Crystal Rogers. No interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 339August 11, 2018 11:12 PM

[Quote]Its Crystal not Mollie on Oxygen.

This sounds like you're talking about illegal substances.

by Anonymousreply 340August 11, 2018 11:14 PM

Exactly, R333. I've been saying this for years.

by Anonymousreply 341August 11, 2018 11:21 PM

Where’s Nancy Grace when u need her?

by Anonymousreply 342August 11, 2018 11:28 PM

Would it be clear as to when Mollie went missing? During her run or after she got back to the boyfriend's house?

Re nosy neighbor aware of what she was wearing while running, likely she ran at approximately the same time frame and wearing the same outfit. Even if the latter's not accurate, small towns have super observant, very visually-oriented, and bored people who notice everything. I do mean everything. True of my neighbors every place I've ever lived in my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 343August 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Off somewhere having a wardrobe malfunction, r342.

by Anonymousreply 344August 11, 2018 11:50 PM

R332, all 3 Tibbettts kids were at the wedding in June. There are photos of them in CA.

The younger brother, the one in HS, did choke MT over an Ipad last year.

by Anonymousreply 345August 12, 2018 1:18 AM

The brother seems like. He could be culprit

by Anonymousreply 346August 12, 2018 1:25 AM

Has her half decomposed body been found yet?

by Anonymousreply 347August 12, 2018 1:35 AM

From Reddit: Mollie was not seen by any witness running back west towards her boyfriend's home or running north up Rt 398 towards her mother's house. She was last seen on 2nd Street, so that's where she disappeared. (Casey's General Store is on this road.) Mollie could have been tased and pulled into a van (eBay sells tasers) or hit by a drunk. The vehicle then took the fastest exit route out of Brooklyn. It went south on Clay Street, turned east onto Old Highway 6, and then turned south onto Highway 21 (going to Guernsey where LE searched). Her phone must have last pinged in this area for law enforcement to have searched in this area. Her phone hasn't been found or this information would have leaked to the public. Mollie may never be found because the only easily-visible article of clothing she was wearing was a small pink sports top. Once her small sports top is dirty, her remains will be very hard to spot. The abductor carried Molly into tall weeds or a cornfield and dumped her a few yards from the rural road. If Mollie is found soon, it will likely occur because of a large presence of vultures. They will start arriving in the area within the next 1-2 weeks. It takes vultures up to a month to smell human carrion. They smell wild animal carrion much faster than human. This was a crime committed by a stranger to Mollie. The randomness is why the FBI and ISDI haven't been able to solve her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 348August 12, 2018 3:56 AM

The Crystal Rogers episode on Oxygen was excellent BTW. I think DL sleuths would appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 349August 12, 2018 6:38 AM

^ I saw the CR episode last night and think the boyfriend/pseudo-husband lost it during a heated argument and accidentally killed her in a fit of rage. I also think that his brother, who is a cop, helped him dispose of the body where it won't be discovered (cops know about those things) and the cop brother is also guiding and coaching him through the process of looking innocent and avoiding arrest.

by Anonymousreply 350August 12, 2018 2:53 PM

As far as the MT case, bearing in mind that physical abuse always escalates and gets worse, not better, I think the brother (same thing as CR) lost it and killed Mollie during a heated argument and that the parents are helping to cover it up, while also creating distractions by insisting someone has Mollie (and that whole story) because they lost a daughter and don't want to lose a son as well. The brother placed the shirt near the pig farm to take attention away from himself and to try to frame the pig farmer.

Pure speculation, but these are my two theories.

by Anonymousreply 351August 12, 2018 3:03 PM

Naming your child Crystal is dooming her to a life as a stripper or as a topic on an Oxygen program.

by Anonymousreply 352August 12, 2018 3:30 PM

Anyone read anything about the sex offender from Grinnell (his whereabouts unconfirmed since May)?

by Anonymousreply 353August 12, 2018 3:57 PM

not yet, R353. R348, is that in one of the speculation threads? .. as the case feels colder, now it's been 3 + weeks, I have a bad feeling. I was reading and posting on reddit about Mollie's disappearance since they started it but had to take a break. There is yet another re-scheduled press conference set for tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 354August 12, 2018 4:13 PM

R281 It's really amazing but almost every guy they show from that town looks like he could be a murderer, including the dad. It's like David Lynch or Stephen King territory.

It might be just this one town in particular or maybe it's just rural America. The guys are either morbidly obese or meth skinny, have Dumb & Dumber haircuts and scraggly neckbeards.

by Anonymousreply 355August 12, 2018 4:21 PM

R355, you haven't spent a lot of time in rural America, then. My local Safeway could make these people look like Instagram models.

by Anonymousreply 356August 12, 2018 4:23 PM

Don't feed the tampon and Elizabeth Smart tolls. It's futile.

by Anonymousreply 357August 12, 2018 4:24 PM

R356 What's to blame? High fructose corn syrup, fast Food, junk food snacks, soda, & opioids all coupled with boredom, depression and no money?

by Anonymousreply 358August 12, 2018 4:26 PM

Straight men are the scourge of humanity

by Anonymousreply 359August 12, 2018 4:27 PM

The kidnapper/killer more than likely knew Mollie's running routine or it was a friend of her BF or brother who knew that the BF was out of town working and Mollie was staying at his house.

by Anonymousreply 360August 12, 2018 4:28 PM

Wtf? Does DL have a tampon troll now?

by Anonymousreply 361August 12, 2018 4:29 PM

How would Jessica Fletcher solve this?

by Anonymousreply 362August 12, 2018 4:30 PM

R294 As a child, I used to read the Alfred Hitchcock monthly magazine and loved it. About 6 months ago, I watched some episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents that air really late at night. Almost every episode was a morality tale: if you cheat on your spouse, you'll end up dead or in jail for killing your spouse.

by Anonymousreply 363August 12, 2018 4:31 PM

R299 I remember homicide cops saying to never get in the car. Once you get in the car, you're dead. if you are put in the car. Tear a button off (if you are wearing a blouse) and jam it in the ignition.

Even if the guy has a gun or knife, your chances are better to run in a zig zag to get away.

by Anonymousreply 364August 12, 2018 4:35 PM

I didn't watch all of the TV interview w/ her dad, BF or family. Did any of those guys cry?

by Anonymousreply 365August 12, 2018 4:36 PM

So no hot or cute guys associated to this story?

by Anonymousreply 366August 12, 2018 4:39 PM

R333 Exhibit A ---Jon Benet Ramsey's brother, Burke.

by Anonymousreply 367August 12, 2018 4:39 PM

Remeber Mollie always wore her fitbit. I wonder if she had time to take it off her wrist and put it in her sock or shoe when she was snatched.

by Anonymousreply 368August 12, 2018 4:44 PM

Drones would help in spotting a body or pink shirt. Although the corn fields would likely mask either.

by Anonymousreply 369August 12, 2018 4:45 PM

^^^ Reminds me of Lovely Bones.

It might be good for people to unleash their ordinary dogs (wearing GPS collars) into the cornfields or woods. They are good at finding lost people even if the dogs aren't bloodhounds or specially trained.

by Anonymousreply 370August 12, 2018 4:47 PM

R358, yes, and generational poverty, no drive for education of any kind. No opportunities for those 18-85, chief industry id government checks (SS, and Disibility. You would think smoking was still as popular as ever in my town. Also, they have an outlet to share the stuff that used to just be "talk radio". I do not socialize much anymore.

This is pretty much the rest of Oregon, outside Metro Portland, which I just left, and the big college towns.

by Anonymousreply 371August 12, 2018 4:54 PM

R381, it smells like Frau-from-Websleuths. Only they seem to be so misogynistic, it seems to fester when internalized, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 372August 12, 2018 4:56 PM

*R361. Apparently I need to clean my glasses. Off to water my blueberries. I think there are a dog's ashes out there somewhere, so I guess they are cemetery blueberries.

by Anonymousreply 373August 12, 2018 4:58 PM

Cops need to put pressure on Fatty who's obviously unstable and likely to crack giving much Helen Lawson drama.

by Anonymousreply 374August 12, 2018 5:05 PM

I don't WS women are trolling about tampons. Every woman and most men know that if a woman or girl is wearing a maxipad, you can smell the blood no matter how "revolutionary" the pad is in its design or manufacture.

WS got ruined. It used to be ok as a backup from Court TV's forum that got wrecked. But now, WS's layout with gigantic avatars and slogan signatures cause you to have to scroll and scroll endlessly. The moderation is oppressive. I know Trish doesn't want lawsuits but looking at and posting stuff from suspect's and victim's social media is how crimes are solved.

Reddit is better at that.

The WS people started coming to DL after DL was instrumental in solving the soft butch sous chef's DC murder of the hapless closeted guy. Yeah. I know. She turned out to be a security guard not a sous chef.

by Anonymousreply 375August 12, 2018 5:32 PM

R374 Fatty? Which Fatty? There are so many except the BF and Porch Guy.

by Anonymousreply 376August 12, 2018 5:33 PM

R371 It's hard taking care of an aging parent. I know. Hang in there. At least you have the internet and DL (for better or for worse).

by Anonymousreply 377August 12, 2018 5:35 PM

[R375] hahah No , you cannot smell the blood. You have to wash themselves idiots. if you use tampons or pads.

by Anonymousreply 378August 12, 2018 5:39 PM

Not true, R378.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 12, 2018 5:43 PM

Some of my friends use pads and they dont smell . I dont feel anything. I use both . No problems.

by Anonymousreply 380August 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Fatty = the ginormous brother who at least once choked her out.

He's my bet. And btw, he's dumb AF so Mollie's body hasn't been disposed in some brilliant manner.

by Anonymousreply 381August 12, 2018 5:50 PM

Using tampons early has nothing to do with sexual abuse. Would you like to walk around junior high wearing a wet diaper for a week every month??

by Anonymousreply 382August 12, 2018 5:52 PM

The tampon thing was written by a troll, please fraus stop feeding it!

by Anonymousreply 383August 12, 2018 5:57 PM

You may be right r381. at any rate it's annoying that her dad comes of like he knows something we don't. I'm not saying we have the right to know everything he is privy to but when you rally the country you should let them in on what they need to know. Someone upthread said it's because they don't want people to not take it seriously and assume it was an inside job, but maybe it was.

by Anonymousreply 384August 12, 2018 5:57 PM

The smaller brother, Scott, the one still in HS is the one who choked her, in 2017. It is on her Twitter. Not Jake, who is the older brother.

Details matter.

by Anonymousreply 385August 12, 2018 5:59 PM

Indeed. Merci.

by Anonymousreply 386August 12, 2018 6:01 PM

R354-not that I've seen. His mug is on Poweshiek county sheriff facebook (May). A woman replied, don't remember exact words but something about--hes a POS and they hope they find him because of what he did and what he'll do again.

by Anonymousreply 387August 12, 2018 6:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 12, 2018 6:20 PM

Parents of missing children often say they're sure their kids are still alive. Nothing new or unusual about this so I don't think the father knows anything of import.

I wonder how capable investigators are. In the Crystal Rogers case the cops didn't even process her abandoned car.

by Anonymousreply 389August 12, 2018 6:40 PM

I highly doubt Mollie ran away to be with a man. She is/was 20 years old, and needed no one’s permission to date whoever she pleased, and live where ever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 390August 12, 2018 6:44 PM

If she ran off with a man, she'd have to be ten kinds of psycho to be sitting back and enjoying the spectacle of her family and home town turning themselves inside out to find her.

Which isn't impossible, it's just incredibly unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 391August 12, 2018 11:22 PM

[quote]It might be good for people to unleash their ordinary dogs (wearing GPS collars) into the cornfields or woods. They are good at finding lost people even if the dogs aren't bloodhounds or specially trained.

Lol, that’s not how it works at all.

by Anonymousreply 392August 12, 2018 11:31 PM

Interview with her brother Jake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 13, 2018 2:20 AM

Nothing new today?

by Anonymousreply 394August 14, 2018 4:34 AM

If the FBI is successful tracing the origin/IP address of the fake FB account set up in her name last week they could probably find the kidnapper. But I doubt they will be successful because I am sure he covered his tracks so he couldn't be traced.

by Anonymousreply 395August 14, 2018 11:10 AM

I think they'll just find some sick troll. The country is full of them.

So what are some DL theories about what happened? I guess the most obvious prediction is that she was abducted while jogging, raped, murdered and her body dumped not far away.

What are some other theories

by Anonymousreply 396August 14, 2018 4:22 PM

The LE narrowed down some spots they’re looking at like a truck stop and car wash local to the area. There’s very little factual info being released at these news conferences. I’m afraid the case will grow cold soon. My guess is abducted while jogging as well, by someone she knew casually. But it’s still such a mystery. I do think it’s possible she was talking to an older guy who was “grooming” her, even tho she seemed like a savvy college girl. Maybe a relationship gone wrong. Brooklyn, IA looks creepy as fuck by the way.

by Anonymousreply 397August 14, 2018 4:34 PM

Maybe the FB account was a hoax created by some deranged crazy. It's quite possible. But I think that the father, who had a 3 hour phone conversation with her the week before, (3 HOURS!) is referring to something she revealed in that conversation when he claims she is alive and with someone. A phone conversation is much more concentrated than a face-to-face. And that is why he is so adamant that she is alive and with someone, either a stranger or someone she knew. Talk that long to someone in a phone conversation and things are going to come out that ordinarily would not.

IMO, that FB account was either more likely created by the person who took her or he had someone else do it for him. If it was traceable the FBI would have found out who it was based upon IP address. But my guess is that he used a proxy or public domain that is extremely tedious and difficult to trace or not traceable at all and leading to a dead end. (No pun).

by Anonymousreply 398August 14, 2018 7:01 PM

What are our theories? Pretty simple - stranger abduction with rape and murder, abduction by some nearby stalker-creep that ended in rape and murder, argument with a loved one that escalated to murder and a body in a shallow cornfield grave. There aren't a lot of other possibilities.

And even if there was some unknown man that she'd been in touch with and whom she discussed with her father, it's unlikely she's alive. If she'd run off with someone unacceptable to her family, why the hell hasn't she called to say she's alive and call off the search? So if there is an unknown man that leaves kidnapping and being held against her will for weeks, and that's extremely rare. The attention of the national media would have to worry the unsuitable lover or kidnapper; an unsuitable lover would be terrified of being charged with kidnapping and would be begging her to call home and end the search, while a kidnapper would be frightened enough by the large-scale search to kill her and bury her someplace random. Sorry, but all the likeliest scenarios involve shallow graves.

by Anonymousreply 399August 14, 2018 11:01 PM

Fargo. Wood chipper.

by Anonymousreply 400August 14, 2018 11:19 PM

This is the headline at The DM. For some reason I have trouble linking to that site.

Law enforcement 'believes Mollie Tibbetts is still alive and being held hostage - and her captor was among the search crews and attended the candlelit vigil in her honor'

by Anonymousreply 401August 15, 2018 3:55 AM

Oh wow r401! See, now I think they do know something. Yeah they could have just been saying they thought she was alive out of hope but saying her captor was probably there is pretty oddly specific.

by Anonymousreply 402August 15, 2018 3:58 AM

Go read the article, R402. They give a profile where they describe the supposed kidnapper as a single, divorced or widower. I wonder if this is just another ruse by LE in order to flush out the killer. If they put out info they believe she is alive the killer may become cocky and inadvertently reveal themselves.

by Anonymousreply 403August 15, 2018 4:05 AM

God but what if it does the reverse and he panics, kills her, and flees? This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 404August 15, 2018 4:14 AM

Modesto cops knew five seconds after going into Laci Peterson's bedroom that Scott killed her, but they let the searches and vigils play out while they quietly collected evidence

by Anonymousreply 405August 15, 2018 4:29 AM

"Law enforcement 'believes Mollie Tibbetts is still alive and being held hostage - and her captor was among the search crews and attended the candlelit vigil in her honor' "

I don't believe that's true, or that's what the local law enforcement said to the press. If they actually believed it they'd never tell the press, for fear of letting the guy know they're onto him. Because yeah, if the guy who's holding a live Mollie Tibbets thinks the police are breathing down his neck, the first thing he's going to do is get rid of any evidence that could testify against him.

by Anonymousreply 406August 15, 2018 5:06 AM

R406, someone close to the investigation leaked the info. This was not a press release by LE.

by Anonymousreply 407August 15, 2018 5:23 AM

Then that's fucked up r407, whoever did that will have her blood on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 408August 15, 2018 5:46 AM

^^^ Hope her abductor is not a Datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 409August 15, 2018 8:20 AM

The reward is now up to 400K. Man, I wish I knew where that girl is.

by Anonymousreply 410August 15, 2018 12:42 PM

I hope investigators have more resources than they did in the Crystal Rogers case. There investigators were allowed to process only ten out of hundreds of pieces of evidence because there were no monies to do so Its apalling.

by Anonymousreply 411August 15, 2018 6:10 PM

R401 - The original story appeared in radaronline. Not sure how credible the story is, especially considering they pay for info. Plus there is no mention of confirming sources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 15, 2018 9:11 PM

Thanks, R412. I know the DM "borrows" from radaronline, Reddit and other sites but I didn't realize this was not a vetted news item.

She looks like such a happy kid. I hope she's found safe.

by Anonymousreply 413August 16, 2018 12:32 AM

The reward is almost up to $400k. If Mollie is not returned safely the money all goes to the family in 2020. That seems weird and off somehow. Anyone remember that sort of thing previously?

Watching any of the interviews with the sound off is curious - the affects are often animated, even jovial. Such a strange vibe to all of this, starting with the mom of the boyfriend being all over the media from the jump, setting alibis for her boys, some of which was not factually true. Mollie has parents and other adult relatives to act as spokespeople.

Hope Mollie comes home safely and that no one close to her had anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 414August 16, 2018 8:13 PM

I thought the money was donated to their favorite charities.

by Anonymousreply 415August 16, 2018 8:27 PM

You realize this story is just going to fade away without any resolution, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 416August 17, 2018 12:39 AM

At least the cops there asked the FBI for help. The cops in Midlothian, Texas, where Missy Bevers was killed are trying to go it alone from what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 417August 17, 2018 1:14 AM

Isn't this Mollie Tibbetts thing some kind of conspiracy theory of the Q loonies?

by Anonymousreply 418August 17, 2018 1:16 AM

R417 - I'm not sure what the FBI is doing to aid the investigation. If I remember correctly Missy Bevers was never missing. Outright case of murder. I'm not sure why the FBI would ve involved. What do you think the FBI should be doing.

by Anonymousreply 419August 18, 2018 1:21 AM

[quote]What I said is that I think it’s pretty fucked up that women in this area of Iowa are claiming that black men are pursuing them for the purposes of kidnapping. Of course I don’t believe these stories are true, because these women wouldn’t know the motives for the “alleged” pursuits.

Really? I don't believe you. Proof, please.

by Anonymousreply 420August 18, 2018 1:49 AM

This case reminds me of the Tammy Zywicki case, about 25 years ago , who was driving from her home in NJ to Grinnell College in Iowa, dropping her brother off at his school, Northwestern U in Evanston IL, on the way. Her body was found in Missouri. Killer was never found, but suspected to be a trucker. One detail I recall at the time was that the body that was found was initially thought to be a red-headed female, but Tammy had almost white blonde hair. Ugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 18, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote]I'm not sure what the FBI is doing to aid the investigation. If I remember correctly Missy Bevers was never missing. Outright case of murder. I'm not sure why the FBI would ve involved. What do you think the FBI should be doing.

The FBI can provide analysis and equipment not available to a small police dept/sheriff dept. They aren’t the chief investigating agency and they wouldn’t be involved in filing any charges should that happen- unless the perp broke federal law.

by Anonymousreply 422August 18, 2018 1:59 AM

Have they talked to the pig woman yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 18, 2018 2:24 AM

Dunno. But the mom spoke with Radar about another lurid murder in her family history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Early on, a BOLO was issued for SW Utah, about a 20 hour drive from Brooklyn, IA. Supposedly, extended family in UT (Tibbetts) approached LE, who then issued the BOLO.

Iron and Washington counties have been in the news for fringe LDS cults operating in recent years. Knights of the Crystal Blade and FLDS (Warren Jeffs) are just 2. Was there an extended family member or friend in UT who was fixated on Mollie? Had she seen anyone from UT at the re-marriage of her father this summer in CA?

I know she lived in Oakland before IA, but did Mollie ever live in UT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 18, 2018 4:49 AM

Someone in the extended family thought UT was possible.

Anyone ever see this doc?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 18, 2018 4:53 AM

R422 - Both Texas and Iowa have state investigation bureaus. They are in place to assist small departments. I suspect, but don't know, the FBI is involved in the Tibbetts case due to the possibility this is an interstate crime. I've read one article so far that had headline that the FBI is involved in the Tibbetts case but the only mention of the FBI was in the headline. No details in the article.

I should have been more clear. The Missy Bevers case is clearly a local murder investigation. I'm not sure what the FBI involvement, the state could provide all the services you listed.

by Anonymousreply 427August 18, 2018 4:09 PM

Yes, I was referring only to the Beavers case r427. Apparently there is something of a turf war between the local pd and the sheriff’s dept versus the Texas Rangers and the FBI. I don’t know why the FBI would be called in since the Rangers are too-notch.

by Anonymousreply 428August 18, 2018 4:49 PM

correct me if i'm wrong didn't the brother drop mollie off at the bf house at 530 in a car that they shared ownership of and then texted her the next morning to see if see needed a ride to work...why would there be any reason not to think she would need a ride to work unless she said something like I might have a ride tomorrow ... if this story is right the brother has some explaining to do

by Anonymousreply 429August 19, 2018 11:39 AM

The behavior of one of the brothers (the one with a blue shirt in the video where they talk about their sister) reminds me of Michael Bever's behavior in the police interrogation video.

by Anonymousreply 430August 19, 2018 11:59 AM

Have the police questioned either of these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 19, 2018 3:07 PM

The brother said he thought maybe she did not respond to his text that morning because she was mad at him. Huh.

Anyone else re-thinking videos of the family and bf giving interviews after watching Chris Watts? I like to watch them with the sound off. In both cases a lot of inappropriate laughing, never any tears, use of past tense very quickly. The huge amount of money that will revert to the family if she is not returned alive is hella sketchy too. Excellent chance she is not alive at this point.

Dunno, this has had a wiff of Balloon Boy all along and with so much money attached...it all feels and looks off/strange/weird compared to other cases.

by Anonymousreply 432August 19, 2018 3:47 PM

The mom of Dalton and Blake was the first one all over the media. Can anyone else recall a case where the mother of the boyfriend was setting first impressions, alibis, etc? Seemed really odd, then and now.

by Anonymousreply 433August 19, 2018 4:43 PM

Latest update on her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 19, 2018 6:54 PM

Which article had the jokes about her punishment upon return being plastered with Find Mollie stickers, etc.? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 435August 19, 2018 8:08 PM

Nine times out of ten the murderer is a boyfriend, spouse, family member or acquaintance. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 436August 19, 2018 8:44 PM

None of them have shed a single tear in this case. There has been a lot of talk about themselves. Kind of like Watts.

I could see in such a case covering for a sib so you did not lose 2 kids. But the associated money grab given the overwhelming odds she is not alive so the reward cannot, literally, be claimed, is pretty shocking. There has been a lot of focus on that and on the company creating the buttons, posters, etc, which is all kind of pointless in all likelihood. I have a friend who claims it is all a psy op. Dunno but it sure has a weird feel.

The super enmeshed dad did her no favors in the family dynamic in which she had to live. Jake claimed that the mom hated M like he and Scott did, while M proclaimed she had a new family. With the weirdness around the dinner no show and the ride/she was mad at him, did she go there and something happened? Jake and the Mom referred to her in the past tense almost immediately. Watch the mom being interviewed the first time, with sound off. She laughed, smiled, tossed her hair, it was like nothing I have ever seen re a missing person case. Hope Mollie is still alive but if she is not, why should the family come into a fortune?

by Anonymousreply 437August 19, 2018 8:55 PM

Dalton in Radar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 20, 2018 1:51 AM

I would think she's dead somewhere in a cornfield. It was the bf. He was trying to control her. She probably had huge dreams to get out of small town u.s.a, and him being an amateur home builder wouldn't be able to help her accomplish her ambitions. They were to attend a wedding the week of the disappearance and likely discussion about their own futures. She wanted to move on, he was ok with staying put.

by Anonymousreply 439August 20, 2018 10:00 AM

^ I'm with you. As far as her brothers and mim lacking emotion about her disappearance, well they couldn't care less about her. It was no secret the famiky didn't get along. It doesn't mean they killed her, only that they don't care that much she's gone.

My money's on the bf, too.

by Anonymousreply 440August 20, 2018 2:49 PM

Didnt I read somewhere the BF passed a lie detector with flying colors?

by Anonymousreply 441August 20, 2018 3:07 PM

R439, I'm not too well versed on her background but I was under the impression she was from the SF/Oakland area. I thought she was in Iowa to attend college. Was she raised in Iowa?

by Anonymousreply 442August 20, 2018 6:07 PM

R442 I was up 3 hours last night on Reddit reading on this case lol. Mollie was going to the second grade when her mom took Mollie and her two brothers to live in Iowa... Mollie was working on her bachelor's in psychology with aspirations to be a PhD in Psychiatry. How many doctors end up with blue collar type fellows? Im certain she was ready to move on. And the bf felt he was grasping for power by eliminating her. It all has a Scott Peterson type vibe to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443August 20, 2018 6:34 PM

^ I agree.

And since the brother hated her (I mean he had tried to choke her once = HUGE red flag) he certainly would not be very invested in solving this crime and/or if he had proof the BF did it he wouldn't bother to turn the BF in to authorities.

I was verbally and physically abused by my older brother on and off throughout our childhood and teens and I know from personal experience that it's never one incident. Where's there's one there were/are plenty more incidents behind closed doors that no one sees or hears about. So I am sure that the choking attack wasn't the only time he had physically attacked/abused her. And, over time, the abuse escalates. It never gets better, it always gets worse. I've been estranged from my older brother since he left home and went away to college. People like that don't change.

Sadly, at this point, seems like since they are all off the hook, this case may never get solved.

by Anonymousreply 444August 20, 2018 6:48 PM

Why would you blame the BF rather than her younger brother who appears very callous, and has already shown a tendency towards violence? Mom's an alcoholic. Angry that Mollie was The Best Man at her dad's 2nd wedding to a much more attractive, successful professional.

Mollie did not show up for dinner, didn't walk there after her run. Younger brother with whom she shared a car didn't explain why he didn't call or text Mollie re picking her up for that dinner

If Mollie or her BF wanted to break up, either one could have said they just weren't ready for the financial responsibilities of marriage. Mollie would be spending several more years going to college and grad school. .

Mom was supposed to have bough ingredients at the store, and to have helped Mollie with making a dessert to take to work the next day. Yes in later interviews she claims to have sent texts to Mollie but didn't reveal the time frame.

by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2018 1:02 AM

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice: simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius, "Of each particular thing, ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature?" What does he do, this man you seek? Clarice Starling: He kills women. Hannibal Lecter: No, that is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does, what needs does he serve by killing? Clarice Starling: Anger, social acceptance, and, uh, sexual frustration … Hannibal Lecter: No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer, now. Clarice Starling: No. We just … Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2018 1:02 AM

She may be dead, but I doubt the body is in cornfield. Harvest will probably start in a month.

R443 -PjD in Psychiatry? Is there such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 447August 21, 2018 1:33 AM

Thanks for answering, R443 and R444.

I would think if the BF or bro harmed her they would be exposed quite easily. Look at that sociopath in CO who killed his pregnant wife and two daughters. The asshole was stupid enough to think he could fool people just like a typical sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 448August 21, 2018 2:59 AM

R447 Either a PhD in Psychology OR a MD in Psychiatry. Psychiatrists have a medical degree and can write prescriptions. Not sure which path Mollie was planning on taking though.

R448 True, but I think they have to have proof, beyond a reasonable doubt. Maybe they were lacking that solid proof that prevented them from arresting the bf or brother.

Unfortunately, this could possibly end up a cold case where we may never know what happened to her and no one will be charged with her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 449August 21, 2018 3:05 AM

Certainly the likeliest scenario is that the boyfriend killed her because she thought he wasn't good enough for her. But that doesn't mean it, and certainly the brother who choked her is a wonderful alternate suspect! If this were a murder mystery, the sleuth could keep up the suspense about which of them did it until the very end.

But the likeliest outcome is that this will end up as a cold case. The body may never be found, and if it is, it will probably be after so much time has elapsed that the DNA evidence will be long gone.

by Anonymousreply 450August 21, 2018 3:08 AM

Boyfriend passed polygraph. I feel sorry for the farmers who have to harvest in the area.

by Anonymousreply 451August 21, 2018 3:17 AM

^They say he passed a lie detector test. LE wants to see Mr Jack's reaction.. The story is from Radar so that story itself is questionable.... Mollie and her dad had a three hour conversation prior to her disappearance discussing god knows what. Her dad, a marketing executive out of San Francisco has an eye for manipulation, and probably knew she was being guilted into staying in that town. He was "asked" to go back home by investigators for a break this past weekend cuz he knows the truth, and was talking out of order. Throwing the investigation a wrench.

by Anonymousreply 452August 21, 2018 3:32 AM

What truth r452? If he actually knows something and just shut up then he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 453August 21, 2018 3:37 AM

Why Radar? Her mom spoke with them, I think last week. Pretty sure her dad has too recently. Now the boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 454August 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Well they found her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 21, 2018 1:10 PM

Oh no.

by Anonymousreply 456August 21, 2018 1:21 PM

The link is to a Fox News. We don’t do Fox here.

by Anonymousreply 457August 21, 2018 1:32 PM

Thought the same thing. But it's all over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458August 21, 2018 1:35 PM

I just saw this online. I'm sorry for her and her family. I hope now they have evidence and can find the killer.

by Anonymousreply 459August 21, 2018 1:39 PM

Sad! Even more so knowing she spoke perfect English.

by Anonymousreply 460August 21, 2018 1:44 PM

There is said to be a suspect in custody. It seems to be someone unknown to her.

Very sad ending.

by Anonymousreply 461August 21, 2018 1:46 PM

I wonder if they arrested the suspect and then he/she confessed to where he/she left the body.

by Anonymousreply 462August 21, 2018 1:48 PM

There is a press conference at 5 today.

Glad that her family at least gets closure.

So sad. She had her whole life ahead of her.

by Anonymousreply 463August 21, 2018 1:51 PM

Omg!!! I was reading this thread just to catch up on the DL discussion and then I get to the “well they found her” post and thought it was a troll. Holy shit :( followed this case closely from the start. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 464August 21, 2018 1:52 PM

Lots of details here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 21, 2018 2:27 PM

Thanks, R465.

by Anonymousreply 466August 21, 2018 2:33 PM

Radar bought some good sources on this one. Cops clearly had someone in mind.

Sad but relieved it was not someone close to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 21, 2018 2:40 PM

Found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 21, 2018 2:49 PM

Gosh, really, r468?

by Anonymousreply 469August 21, 2018 2:55 PM

Very sad

by Anonymousreply 470August 21, 2018 3:19 PM

There is rumor that the suspect is a local “illegal”. Really hope that’s not true. I’m sure by end of day a lot more will be known.

by Anonymousreply 471August 21, 2018 3:21 PM

Was it the pig farmer?

Or did her tampon come alive and attack her???

by Anonymousreply 472August 21, 2018 3:21 PM

Found 15 minutes south of her hometown of Brooklyn IA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 21, 2018 3:21 PM

A post on the subreddit dedicated to the case claims the suspect is in custody. The poster claims they heard it directly from a source in the sheriff’s dept. The poster is local and doesn’t appear to be a troll. They’ve been on reddit for years and have a posting history in various non-crime topics.

by Anonymousreply 474August 21, 2018 3:27 PM

Per Reddit, a suspect is in custody and will be revealed at the press conf. (Today 4 pm central). I really wonder if it was any of the names thrown around during the speculation. There were a handful.

by Anonymousreply 475August 21, 2018 4:01 PM

What if it wasn’t pig guy? 🐽 🐷 🐖 He should get the $400,000 for pain and suffering.

by Anonymousreply 476August 21, 2018 4:06 PM

I don't think it was him R476.

by Anonymousreply 477August 21, 2018 4:06 PM

I'm going to quote from another comment who quoted at another site from another news site (are you following me? lol) "Sources say her body was found in a field southwest of Guernsey in an area that had previously been searched. Investigators have blocked off 460th Avenue and 470th Avenue, gravel roads that intersect with Highway 21 southwest of Guernsey, about 15 minutes from Brooklyn. It's close to where the red T-shirt was found and in the same vicinity as the Hog Farm. This comes from local reports."

by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2018 4:09 PM

Someone claimed to know who the suspect was on reddit, but the post with the guy's name on it was taken down.

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2018 4:11 PM

some guy who hired her to clean his house...

by Anonymousreply 480August 21, 2018 4:13 PM

Interesting theory:

[quote]Question: The father and family decided to go back to day-to-day life yesterday and the body was found soon after? If so, I think we may have a suspect. They probably orchestrated the family message and actions of their plans of going back to their day to day life. This would make any suspect feel more confident that the case is cold. The known suspect decided to either move or visit Mollies body and led LE's to her. LE may have found her body prior to this and kept it quiet in hopes that the suspect would return. After no action they may have facilitated a story to make the suspect take action.

Tl;dr: Police may have publicized the family going back to day-to-day life as a way of smoking the suspect out.

by Anonymousreply 481August 21, 2018 4:15 PM

And now the suspect’s name is possibly out there.

The land her body was found on belongs to Stan Hopwood. His son is allegedly one of the last people to see or speak to Mollie before she disappeared. Hopwood’s employee page has apparently been removed from his company’s website.

by Anonymousreply 482August 21, 2018 4:21 PM

His son is allegedly one of the last people to see or speak to Mollie ??? So one of those who saw her running ????

by Anonymousreply 483August 21, 2018 4:25 PM

Is this the dad:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484August 21, 2018 4:28 PM

And is this the son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485August 21, 2018 4:30 PM

This wasn’t done by an immigrant. This was done by some weird ass neck beard or fucked up incel. White, straight men detest women.

Poor girl. This is ducked up and I hope whoever did this BURNS IN HELL after the prison gangbang.

by Anonymousreply 486August 21, 2018 4:30 PM

and they were supposed to leave the body on their land?? Thats stupid

by Anonymousreply 487August 21, 2018 4:37 PM

I am glad and so grateful LE didn't have to resort to looking for her DNA in pig excrement. That must the tiniest comfort to her loved ones but they need all they can get in this time of their grief.

by Anonymousreply 488August 21, 2018 4:38 PM

IS that newton man is THE ONE who talked very openly about mollie and when and where he saw her as last person???? he is the one?

by Anonymousreply 489August 21, 2018 4:43 PM

R489, no. I just read the comments above mine. Looks like it might be either Stan hopewood, or his son.

by Anonymousreply 490August 21, 2018 4:47 PM

on reddit it says "Police arrested suspect who later led them to Mollie's body"

by Anonymousreply 491August 21, 2018 4:49 PM

Hopewood's FB page gives his current location as Saylor, Iowa and his hometown as Guernsey where Mollie was found. It doesn't mean he or his family is involved. This press conference is going to be very interesting, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 492August 21, 2018 4:50 PM

Correct, it’s just the guys property. I find it hard to believe someone would hide a body on their property, but it happens. If it was Stan Hopwood or someone related to him he kept posting dumbass shit to Facebook a few days after she disappeared and many days after. Typical redneck type of posts and he has past charges for domestic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 493August 21, 2018 4:53 PM

This is sad. Poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 494August 21, 2018 4:57 PM

Supposedly the Hopwood property had already been searched, or at least was part of the search area. So the body may have been moved.

by Anonymousreply 495August 21, 2018 4:57 PM

R495, that's why the killer was hiding in plain sight. The police probably questioned someone then released them, publically stating they were not a suspect thereby giving them the confidence to think they were off the hook and no longer suspicious. It enabled them to think they could move the body without being watched.

Although R493, serial killers are notorious for hiding bodies on their property. In this instance, though it would seem unlikely because Mollie's disappearance garnered national even international press and all of the locals were looking for her.

by Anonymousreply 496August 21, 2018 5:06 PM

NH’s employee page has been removed from his place of employment

by Anonymousreply 497August 21, 2018 5:10 PM

But who searched the Hopwood property the first time? It could be a case of incompetence by LLE.

by Anonymousreply 498August 21, 2018 5:11 PM

I don’t think so r498. Since the son was identified early on as being one of if not *the* last person to claim to have seen Mollie, then the Hopwoods have been on the police’s radar since go.

It was just a waiting game to either gather evidence or gain a confession.

by Anonymousreply 499August 21, 2018 5:14 PM

R498, I would assume they would have brought along cadaver dogs to search the area. The dogs would have picked up a scent.

by Anonymousreply 500August 21, 2018 5:15 PM

R497, possibly they were getting overloaded with inquiries because the name is now all over the net.

It'd be super sick if he is the killer. He's older which means she may not be his first victim.

by Anonymousreply 501August 21, 2018 5:20 PM

That fb page is creepy af. At one point his status is getting ready for marital bliss. Was he supposed to be getting married? I can't believe he's only fifty. Meth really ages a man.

by Anonymousreply 502August 21, 2018 5:29 PM

To Service all my Gays

by Anonymousreply 503August 21, 2018 5:40 PM

Oops, wrong thread. ^

by Anonymousreply 504August 21, 2018 5:42 PM

The area where the body was found is so remote, someone must have told the cops where to find it. It’s a field out in the middle of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 505August 21, 2018 5:43 PM

Yes, R505, but if the reports are to be believed the police said Mollie's body was found in an area that had earlier been designated as a place of interest.

by Anonymousreply 506August 21, 2018 5:50 PM

What I keep hearing is that NH was arrested and led police to the body.

by Anonymousreply 507August 21, 2018 5:59 PM

If true, R507, I hope the harassed hog farmer (no hogs on the farm but whatever) gets a huge piece of the Gofundme for being harassed and publicly hung out to dry.

Wasn't there a photo Mollie sent to her bf the night she disappeared but he could not place the interior? I wonder if it matches a room in NH's house?

by Anonymousreply 508August 21, 2018 6:08 PM

Is that the son’s Facebook? By his posts, he seems insane.

by Anonymousreply 509August 21, 2018 6:11 PM

I think the son is the person of interest. The junior Hopewood, not the senior. Although they could both be involved with the son killing her and the father helping him hide the body. They seem like the kind of trash, piece of shit family that would help each other cover up a murder, as well as squeal on one another when the heat is on.

Poor kid. She didn’t deserve to go out this way. No one does, but y’all know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 510August 21, 2018 6:16 PM

I agree r510

Poor kid, she was probably raped too. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 511August 21, 2018 6:30 PM

I’m seriously so anxious awaiting this press conference.

by Anonymousreply 512August 21, 2018 7:08 PM

I feel like hetero men are crazier than ever before.

by Anonymousreply 513August 21, 2018 7:14 PM

maybe he run over her????

by Anonymousreply 514August 21, 2018 7:16 PM

That's one of the theories R514.

by Anonymousreply 515August 21, 2018 7:17 PM

One of the theories or possibilities is that it’s not these Hopwoods but a different guy - maybe a hit and run, DUI...

by Anonymousreply 516August 21, 2018 7:18 PM

No one has been charged in the case, Mortvedt said.- theres no one sucpected..

"The nearly $400,000 reward for Mollie Tibbetts' discovery will now become a reward for information leading to the capture of any suspects involved in her death, Willey said."

by Anonymousreply 517August 21, 2018 7:35 PM

R471. read the comment on reddit suggesting it may be a illegal. Could be why Pence got involved. It was also speculated a illegal from a meat packing place could of been involved in the Delphi girls murders.

by Anonymousreply 518August 21, 2018 8:03 PM

Hold on. I thought the son's name was Stan yet that person in the mugshot whom I thought was the father of Stan is actually Stan??? And his FB page looks ridiculous for someone his age.

by Anonymousreply 519August 21, 2018 8:16 PM

[quote][R471]. read the comment on reddit suggesting it may be a illegal. Could be why Pence got involved. It was also speculated a illegal from a meat packing place could of been involved in the Delphi girls murders.

"A illegal" "could of"? What is it about this topic that has brought out so many functionally illiterate DLers?

by Anonymousreply 520August 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Kisses r520

by Anonymousreply 521August 21, 2018 8:30 PM

That's all the anxious, magical thinking, penis clutching r520 has got.

by Anonymousreply 522August 21, 2018 8:36 PM

Huge news day, With Manafort being found guilty, and Cohen reaching a plea deal I wonder if the news programs cover Mollie's case adequately. Less than 20 min until Mollie's news conference.

by Anonymousreply 523August 21, 2018 8:42 PM

Suspect is an illegal immigrant, apparently. Grist to the mill for Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 524August 21, 2018 8:48 PM

Ten damn minutes until this press conference.

Washington post article says suspect subject to immigration detainer.

by Anonymousreply 525August 21, 2018 8:51 PM

Shit, it's an illegal immigrant. No wonder pence was all over this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526August 21, 2018 8:55 PM

I really have to wonder how much evidence they have against this illegal. Because there's always the suspicion that the police just grabbed the nearest non-white person.

by Anonymousreply 527August 21, 2018 8:58 PM

Sure thing, R527, GMAFB

by Anonymousreply 528August 21, 2018 9:04 PM

Oh ffs r527...

by Anonymousreply 529August 21, 2018 9:06 PM

I still think it's her brother that tried to cut off her wind.

by Anonymousreply 530August 21, 2018 9:08 PM

Trump is going to be all over this. He has a rally tonight in WV. Watch him open it with this.

by Anonymousreply 531August 21, 2018 9:17 PM

some guy noticed a woman , alone , running on the road and he waited for a good moment to get her into a car...

by Anonymousreply 532August 21, 2018 9:18 PM

My local station interrupted the news conference to report on the Cohen plea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 21, 2018 9:21 PM

The suspect. Apparently he worked at a porkn farm.... Reminds me of Sharper Objects on hbo. Sad all around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 21, 2018 9:23 PM

That's the thing, R530, the Datalounge Detective Squad had already decided that there are two excellent suspects sitting in plain sight, and now the police pull this "illegal" out of nowhere.

Is this really the perp, is there any evidence against him? Or is he just someone in the wrong place at the wrong time, and with no standing in the community to protect him?

by Anonymousreply 535August 21, 2018 9:23 PM

I don't think it's this guy. He's 5'5" and tiny and malnourished. She was in shape and a runner. This is crap.

by Anonymousreply 536August 21, 2018 9:27 PM

yes, she was quite fat and well build..

by Anonymousreply 537August 21, 2018 9:28 PM

He led them to the body. From R526 link.

by Anonymousreply 538August 21, 2018 9:28 PM

R535, do you really think they're going to publicly put the focus on someone they were following?

This video was recorded from the live news conference. I hope it plays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539August 21, 2018 9:29 PM

Great - another illegal. We really should have more of them, so wonderful the richness and diversity they bring to the country.

by Anonymousreply 540August 21, 2018 9:30 PM

Trump's bogeyman. The VERY BAD HOMBRE

by Anonymousreply 541August 21, 2018 9:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542August 21, 2018 9:32 PM

Well R541, he entered the country illegally and now she's dead. So yeah, he is a bad hombre.

by Anonymousreply 543August 21, 2018 9:36 PM

I said this in the other thread but it looks like it's similar to the Karina Vetrano murder...woman out jogging is attacked, raped and killed.

by Anonymousreply 544August 21, 2018 9:36 PM

They dont know how long he followed her. it could be 2minutes, he waited for a chance to grab her. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 545August 21, 2018 9:38 PM

They don't even know if they have the right guy. A suspect isn't a convict.

So is this still part of the big "Q" fantasy or will those loony toons finally drop it?

by Anonymousreply 546August 21, 2018 9:41 PM

And everyone was saying that there was no way it was a “stranger abduction”!

by Anonymousreply 547August 21, 2018 9:42 PM

The suspect led them to her body, R546

by Anonymousreply 548August 21, 2018 9:43 PM

The arrest warrant is creepy. Click on the link in the link to read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 21, 2018 9:46 PM

GIve it a fucking rest r527. Return to the not-so-hot killer Chrissy thread and let the grown ups talk here.

by Anonymousreply 550August 21, 2018 9:46 PM

Thanks, R548, I didn't know that. There is so much more important news today that this one doesn't really get much attention.

Manafort - GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY and five more counts of guilty.

Cohen - GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY and five more counts of guilty.

Everyone's sorry for that poor dead girl and her family, dear, but there is more important news for the country today. These weird murder obsessions can go too far.

by Anonymousreply 551August 21, 2018 9:49 PM

Is this what the dad meant by someone having her and misunderstanding the relationship? I want to read the timeline. Did they state in the press conference how long they believe she was alive after he chased her down when she jogging?

by Anonymousreply 552August 21, 2018 9:50 PM

So true, R551, this will dominate the news cycle when Manafort and Cohen should. Really very sad.

by Anonymousreply 553August 21, 2018 9:53 PM

All the foolish dataloungers with their foolish theories proven wrong again

by Anonymousreply 554August 21, 2018 9:55 PM

Cristhian. Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 555August 21, 2018 9:56 PM

This is a thread for the Mollie Tibbetts case. Go find your own damn thread.

And just for your info, I was waiting to hear news on this case but my local news was wall-to-wall Manafort and Cohen. They even had George Stephanopolous delivering the story instead of the local news anchors.

by Anonymousreply 556August 21, 2018 10:00 PM

I hope the farmer or meatpacker who employed him illegally gets as much heat as the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 557August 21, 2018 10:01 PM

Well, that arrest warrant underscores that female joggers (especially when jogging alone and in a secluded area) should not be running with headphones and music on. Her headphones are mentioned by the alleged killer several times.

He may still have been able to grab her and put her in his trunk like he says, but without the headphones on, she might have noticed the Malibu Chevy and the guy driving past her over and over again and then him eventually getting out of the car and running behind her soon enough to have made a difference...

by Anonymousreply 558August 21, 2018 10:01 PM

Once he made up his mind, a pair of headphones wasn’t going to stop him. I doubt it made it any easier. He was determined to abduct this woman; even if she’d be talking to someone on her phone, he’d have grabbed her.

Look at the two little Delphi girls. They actually recorded the sick fuck who killed them on Snapchat. Didn’t stop him AND he left the phone.

by Anonymousreply 559August 21, 2018 10:05 PM

He has a facebook. Not much on there except for guns on a bed photo.

by Anonymousreply 560August 21, 2018 10:08 PM

If its not her, it could be other girl..He found the opportunity...Thats why I dont run alone on shithole with headphones on

by Anonymousreply 561August 21, 2018 10:10 PM

[quote] This is a thread for the Mollie Tibbetts case. Go find your own damn thread.

Don't be so stupid. All Datalounge threads are everyone's Datalounge threads. I think I'll stay awhile.

[quote] And just for your info,

Don't be absurd.

[quote] I was waiting to hear news on this case but my local news was wall-to-wall Manafort and Cohen.

Then you're a ghoul obsessed with the murder of a complete stranger. You need a shrink.

[quote] They even had George Stephanopolous delivering the story instead of the local news anchors.

Of course they had George, it's the biggest political story in decades. You didn't actually watch the coverage of Manafort/Cohen/GUILTY today, did you? No, you did not and we know that because you have absolutely no clue about what really happened today and its importance to every single American and most of the rest of the world too.

Orangina is an unendicted co-conspirator. Get that? An UNINDICTED CO-CONSPIRATOR.

We haven't heard that phrase since the days of Mr. Nixon and that did not end well for him.

Good. Fucking, Times. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 562August 21, 2018 10:14 PM

This poor girl. Brothers treating her violently, crappy boyfriend, getting attacked while jogging. Parents who were apparently to into themselves to care much about raising their children not to be attacked by their siblings. I'm genuinely sorry she had such a lousy life.

by Anonymousreply 563August 21, 2018 10:19 PM

Is that you Cupcake the Quote troll? You infest every single thread with your derailing condescending bullshit. Spar somewhere else tranny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 564August 21, 2018 10:20 PM

p.s. Hey, corpse-obsessed freak, you are not a gay man. You are not a lesbian. You do not belong here. Take it back to Old Lady Crime Fantasies or wherever the hell you do belong.

by Anonymousreply 565August 21, 2018 10:21 PM

Illegal alien. Figures.

by Anonymousreply 566August 21, 2018 10:22 PM

How did they identify him? A witness?

by Anonymousreply 567August 21, 2018 10:23 PM

p.p.s. You will never solve any crime. You will always be unknown and poor. You will die alone and unloved, but then you know that. It's why you are so unhappy and try to horn yourself into online communities where you don't fit. No one wants you.

by Anonymousreply 568August 21, 2018 10:24 PM

Security cameras on buildings showed him driving behind her while she jogged.

by Anonymousreply 569August 21, 2018 10:24 PM

I can see how this stuff, plus tiny annoyances, can lead people to want to deport all undocumented people. Yesterday I was crossing the street, and this younger Mexican lady going in the other direction wouldn't share the crosswalk with me - she wouldn't choose one side of the crosswalk to walk on, treating it like a runway and walking "broadly" down its center, so I kind of got shoved aside. She was clearly foreign (clothes). And now reading this stuff, I'm finding myself thinking, is deportation really that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 570August 21, 2018 10:29 PM

R556 R570 Rivera, the illegal immigrant, is no more representative of illegals as Watts is of white men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 21, 2018 10:31 PM

Well there is one thing they have in common...

by Anonymousreply 572August 21, 2018 10:33 PM

Well except for the little fact R571, Mollie's killer entered this country illegally. Mollie's killer had no legal right to be in this country. If Mollie's killer had been properly detained at the border he would have been able to roam this country at will, settle in Iowa, stalk this girl and kill her.

by Anonymousreply 573August 21, 2018 10:34 PM

I hope they lynch him.

by Anonymousreply 574August 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Don't waste a penny on this POS. Beat the shit out of him in jail, shove a broom up his ass and hang him from the ceiling.

Announce to the press that he hanged himself. No trial, no catering to this scum in prison for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 575August 21, 2018 10:37 PM

I know, R571, but that's my point: it's like there's a toddler in my head, associating one random woman's rudeness with her background, and searching for any reason to say "deport them all" - and finding it in this wholly unrelated murder. An angry irrational toddler whom it's very tempting to indulge. I think many people have this complex.

by Anonymousreply 576August 21, 2018 10:38 PM

This is why Dad went to Fox and shunned CNN. People are re-tweeting to ICE his other family members that are here illegally.

by Anonymousreply 577August 21, 2018 10:39 PM

R570 is a verrrrrry special snowflake. That FOREIGNER ( her clothes!) wouldn't get out of my way!

DEPORT HER!

R570, you're a bad person and a lousy American. Seek help and/or emigrate to a country that will like you more than we do in America.

by Anonymousreply 578August 21, 2018 10:42 PM

Your father is a vile bigot, R577? That's terrible and very un-American.

by Anonymousreply 579August 21, 2018 10:43 PM

R578, see, that kind of response is what pushes people to the right. I'm trying to share something honestly, and you're being rude and insulting.

I had a rough day, and want feeling great, and then this minor annoyance was kind of the last straw. And then I start thinking how they don't speak English, aren't particularly well-read or polite, etc. And it starts to snowball. Throw in your type of insult, and people's opinions harden.

Initially I thought you were trolling but... You're not. Keep doing that and you'll make more angry citizens.

by Anonymousreply 580August 21, 2018 10:47 PM

R577 if this happens in November ...

by Anonymousreply 581August 21, 2018 10:48 PM

Forget Mollie -- it's the Dreams of the Dreamers that count.

by Anonymousreply 582August 21, 2018 10:57 PM

R580, R578 is one of the most hated trolls on this site. Don't take the bait because this bitch is like a dog with a bone. It willl obsessively run this thread into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 583August 21, 2018 11:05 PM

[quote]Well except for the little fact [R571], Mollie's killer entered this country illegally. Mollie's killer had no legal right to be in this country. If Mollie's killer had been properly detained at the border he would have been able to roam this country at will, settle in Iowa, stalk this girl and kill her.

Shit, yeah, if only we had solved the terrible "illegal" problem, there may have been as many as three fewer murders in the US in the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 584August 21, 2018 11:06 PM

You wouldn't think that if it were your loved one r584 so fuck off, stop acting like wanting to detain people is akin to being a fucking nazi, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 585August 21, 2018 11:09 PM

Puny, r584.

No guts.

by Anonymousreply 586August 21, 2018 11:09 PM

Thanks R583. Blocked him.

by Anonymousreply 587August 21, 2018 11:12 PM

Various report posted above said they believe he has been in the country between 4-7 years.

I wonder how many of those years were spent in Iowa and when he started this kind of behavior (even just possible stalkerish type stuff like following neighborhood women around with his car and driving past them over and over again).

I wonder if he had been stalking Mollie for a while or if he just was driving around and it was a “spur of the moment” thing where he decided to follow a random young woman on the street and forcibly put her in the trunk of his car....

by Anonymousreply 588August 21, 2018 11:20 PM

So did he have a gun?

by Anonymousreply 589August 21, 2018 11:25 PM

R588, I don't think the average guy trying to pick up a jogger automatically thinks "Hey, why don't I throw her in the trunk!"

by Anonymousreply 590August 21, 2018 11:27 PM

I think he either grabbed a rock and bashed her skull, or had some blunt object in the car. She was likely still alive when he got her in the trunk. He then raped her, and either bashed her head again, or strangled her. He then dumped the body.

by Anonymousreply 591August 21, 2018 11:28 PM

R527 And the apologists come crawling out of the woodwork.

by Anonymousreply 592August 21, 2018 11:29 PM

And so does the lynch mob, R592.

by Anonymousreply 593August 21, 2018 11:32 PM

{590} why not?she was alone , on the road..

by Anonymousreply 594August 21, 2018 11:32 PM

Yeah they have r593, but not in this case and this case is the case we are talking about. Don't be so fucking flip about this, it's not like it was years ago, it just happened. Save your apologist shit for at least a week.

by Anonymousreply 595August 21, 2018 11:33 PM

Take ithis with the necessary skepticism. The suspect has a child with a local woman. Apparently she and Mollie attended the same high school at the same time (don’t know if they graduated in the same class). So she may have been on his radar for longer than we know.

by Anonymousreply 596August 21, 2018 11:36 PM

The baby mama did attend high school with Mollie and is Facebook friends with Mollie and her brothers. They may have attended the same church too.

by Anonymousreply 597August 21, 2018 11:45 PM

{R596} Yeah, he dreamed of fucking her for a while... jesus christ ...he was seeing her, it was small town, but i dont think so he was stalking her for aa long time..There werent prettier girls in town??? Molly was ..lets face it ..not a beautiful girl. She noticed some girl from the neighborhood in the road amd wanted to fuck so you know the end..Psycho

by Anonymousreply 598August 21, 2018 11:45 PM

R598, thought a huge part of this was that she's pretty. She pretty I thought....

by Anonymousreply 599August 21, 2018 11:51 PM

OP, where's the next thread?

by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2018 11:52 PM

She was a plain Jane for sure, but I think her spirit was what was attractive of her.

by Anonymousreply 601August 21, 2018 11:53 PM

Wow...very sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602August 22, 2018 12:29 AM

What do you think he was thinking, [R590]? Do you think it was the first time he had stalked or attempted an abduction?

(I personally have no idea, I just find it interesting; it’s sad that Mollie’s life just turned on a dime like this and depended on this random guy’s spur of the moment decision...)

by Anonymousreply 603August 22, 2018 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!