Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which Celebrities Had Hair Transplants?

Hair transplant consultant & expert Steve Cook and I discuss some of our favorite actors such as Matthew McConauhey, Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner, Sly Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenneger, John Travolta, Steve Carrell, Vince Vaughn, Jeremy Piven and their alleged hair transplant surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182September 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Jeremy Piven has a toupee, I don't think he had surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2018 3:44 PM

Robert Herjavec from Shark Tank. As the seasons have progressed his hair has gotten noticeably thicker.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2018 3:47 PM

Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2018 3:53 PM

Is Joel McHale transplants or a wig?

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2018 4:02 PM

Edward Norton. I thought he looked better before, especially with a shaved head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2018 4:06 PM

Hair transplants do not work that well. If they did Sinatra and Elton John would not have been walking around in toupees.

Try too convincing hair pieces.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2018 4:10 PM

Hair transplants are very different these days than when Sinatra was alive. And John had a very bad hair transplant before settling on whatever he has on his head now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2018 7:00 PM

You go, buoys !

👴 👨

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Jürgen Klopp (FC Liverpool, coach), Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke, still player), I think Lebron, Wayne Rooney I know,

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2018 7:18 PM

If they worked that well you would not see so many bald men around. There aren't that many men that are fine with having a shiny dome. And it seems that younger and younger men are having thinning hair in the front.

Even it seems more women are having thinning hair. Is it an environmental thing?

My mother claims when she was young, which was a long time ago, you didn't see so many baldies.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote]If they worked that well you would not see so many bald men around.

They are very expensive. This is why when you look at poor people that have horrible teeth and as you go up in economic wealth the teeth get better. Teeth cost money to fix.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2018 8:23 PM

Brad Pitt

Beckham

Enrique Iglesias

Nadal

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2018 8:29 PM

Harry Connick Jr

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2018 8:44 PM

German TV host legend Thomas Gottschalk, LA resident, also blondation, usually darker blond, Robbie Williams I read in the media has dark blond hair as well, no transplants though, Charlie Sheen has a toupet, I saw him with very thin hair in a media pic around 2011, maybe he also had transplants and it didn't work out so well after a while, Höwedes has thinning hair again albeit transplants, I might have read German TV host and openly gay (very rare for German celebs) Jochen Bendel,

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2018 8:46 PM

if not mentioned Ben Affleck, don't think toupet anymore, transplant

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2018 8:47 PM

What is the deal with Patrick Wilson? He clearly has had something done.

PS He's GORGEOUS no matter what.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2018 8:50 PM

Looks like he had a hair transplant and his ears pinned back.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2018 9:00 PM

I think Justin Theroux had a hair transplant.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2018 9:19 PM

Elon Musk

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2018 10:44 PM

Harry Connick Jr had the old 'flap' procedure and softened it with modern micrografts -- same with Sly Stallone. Joel McHale had a top notch FUT surgery, as did Christian Slater and Patrick Warburton. Seth MacFarlane also had his hairline touched up via FUT/FUE. Piven had an FUT (strip) procedure, but often wears toupee or heavy Toppik on set to buffer. Transplants done by top clinics are terrific these days but as always, it comes down to the severity of the existing loss, the quality of the donor hair (whether it's fine, coarse, miniaturized via diffuse thinning). Rupert Everett has had several transplants (he wore a toupee in Best Friend's Wedding, Earnest and Ideal Husband prior to the procedure). Bradley Cooper had minor touchup to the front of his hairline. The celebrities with the best results tend to have only minor loss...the smaller the area, the more grafts that can be packed into it = better (illusion) of density.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2018 5:57 AM

I've read on the theater threads that Patrick Wilson is pretty open about having work done. People say they have talked about it with him.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2018 6:44 AM

The two guys in the video sound so vapid. Looking up the guys credits he is not some Hollywood insider. He seems to live in The Philippines.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2018 7:14 AM

Almost all male celebs (Revolta, Pitt, Lebron, etc.,) wear lace pieces glued to the dome. They are very popular with women too-Cathy z. Jones, the Kardashians, Cardi B & so on. Beyonce, however, is the Queen of Lace wigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2018 7:26 AM

One of the newest trends is Micropigmentation. Sort of a tattoo to give you that hot dude shaved look.

I thought about it, but I think the only catch is that you have to always live with that look. If you were to let the rest of your hair grow, then it would look like you buzzed the front part of your head and left the rest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2018 7:33 AM

Some of these hair paces look pretty good these days if you have a professional put it on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2018 7:37 AM

Holy crap R25 that really works, on camera anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2018 7:48 AM

Fine lace hairpieces have been the goto in Hollywood since the 1930s...pretty much every major male star resorted to wearing them (whether they were balding or not). Max Factor used to handle a lot of the wigmaking for major stars/studios (both for men and women). Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Bobby Darin, Jimmy Stewart (used partials from the late 50s onwards), Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, John Wayne, Sean Connery...the list goes on and on. Some definitely better than others. The systems seen in R25 are becoming more the 'norm' these days...and with the right density, coloring and design, can be incredibly convincing. Look up 'New Roots' hair systems on YT and you'll see some amazing systems at play. The downside of them outside of the film/TV world is they're expensive, don't last very long (maybe 2-3 months per piece) and the hair/color can dull quickly. They're also a pain in the ass to maintain with all the glue/tape residue and reattachments...but if you have someone to do it for you and cash to burn, they give a far better look than more transplants. Particularly on those actors who are fargone in their baldness (an NW6/7 as we say). Kevin James, Jeremy Piven, Bill Shatner, Billy Bob Thornton, Travolta (though his aren't a great example!) are all examples of this.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2018 7:59 AM

It helps a lot if you are otherwise stunning looking as a male. Beauty is skin deep, ugly is down to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2018 8:18 AM

[[R29]] Billy Eichner wears that kind.

Allison janney wears a wig.

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2018 11:35 AM

R29 - Eichner is actually a combination of Toppik/Dermmatch concealer and hairspray. Seth MacFarlane cakes his (new) hairline in the same fashion, as do many male celebs appearing on camera. The reality is, very few men have enough density to go up against the harshness of HD lighting, so they use concealers and sprays to add fibres (and darken the scalp) to counteract this. Jon Cryer's 'hair' on Two and a Half Men was a triumph of makeup. There's a small amount of hair (failed transplant?) around the hairline and the rest are hair fibres, makeup and hairspray (he admitted this on an episode of Conan). David Spade has had a couple transplant surgeries -- the first wasn't great (pluggy) but the subsequent touch-up has given him an incredibly good result.

IIRC, Allison Janney was the subject of a blind item of an actress who never wears her own hair on-camera due to alopecia...? Not sure about the alopecia remark but a good many women in TV/Film opt for a hairpiece to cut down wear-and-tear (and styling time in the hair room). Julia Louis Dreyfus, Julianna Margulies, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin (on G&F) are all wigged. Though JLD's are easily the best of the bunch (in terms of looking natural and mimicking her natural hair).

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2018 6:04 PM

R30 I remember a scene in G&F where Jane is getting ready to go to bed, removing make-up, and surprise, a few extra bits of fake hair.

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2018 7:07 PM

[R30] Alison Janney wears a wig on "Mom". She wears her own hair in public usually.

How about Tinay Fey, Amy Poehler, and Janeane Garofalo?

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2018 8:16 PM

Jennifer Aniston

by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2018 11:37 PM

Adam Levine

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2018 11:49 PM

David Beckham

Jude Law

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2018 11:57 PM

McBongo

Hair transplant and nose job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2018 11:58 PM

Tom Brady

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2018 12:01 AM

Tom Brady is now married to DiCaprio's ex lesbian merkin Gisele whatshername

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2018 12:04 AM

*beard

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2018 12:04 AM

Christina Hendricks and Nicole Kidman wears wigs full time.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2018 12:21 AM

maria carey wears a wig

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2018 12:24 AM

saw edward norton on bruce willis's roast on comedy central, his hair looked really fake!

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2018 12:25 AM

[[R42]] He had a transplant years ago.

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2018 12:27 AM

R43. but you see him on the program? hair doesn't look real.

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2018 12:28 AM

off topic

Was bruce willis's roast worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2018 12:32 AM

Jamie Foxx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2018 12:36 AM

Elon Musk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2018 12:37 AM

Enriue

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2018 12:39 AM

[R44] Maybe he had it touched up.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2018 12:44 AM

Elton?

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2018 1:16 AM

LEBRON JAMES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2018 1:16 AM

Jury is out on Adam Levine getting restorative work done on his hairline...it's definitely suspect. However, Brendon Urie (of Panic at the Disco) most definitely had his hairline (specifically the corners) restored a couple of years ago. He was thinning rapidly in earlier music videos and now has a densely packed hairline. Apparently Ben Affleck (long rumored to be a toupee wearer -- not true) had a touch-up done to his hairline and bald spot a few years ago...you can see the difference in Project Greenlight footage from the early 2000s vs the reboot a couple years ago. The one exception is Affleck as Bruce Wayne...he wears a hairpiece for the role that gives him a more pronounced widow's peak.

Tom Hanks also had a transplant some years ago...and wisely kept it natural looking in its recession/density. He uses hairpieces for specific character parts, but by and large, uses his own hair in most projects. This is why Joel McHale's hair transplant looks so damn good...they didn't attempt to give him his juvenile hairline back...but rather a mature, receded look that compliments his age, face shape and existing hair.

Tina Fey, Poehler and Aniston all use their own hair...occasionally augmenting with extensions. Outside of SNL, they're not known wig wearers on sets.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2018 10:13 AM

I did Jane Fonda’s root retouch for her LA colorist Nancy while she was shooting in NYC and she has plenty of hair under that wig.

You’re right about “wear and tear”, half the corporate office at Drybar are prematurely thinning because they are models for new hires and get blow drys every day.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2018 10:29 AM

Billy Joel was spraying his bald spots during the latter half of the 90s. After 9/11, he let it go.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2018 10:52 AM

omg r14, Thomas Gottschalk! I remember him from a funny quiz show I saw in Holland years and years ago. Telespiele was the name, I think.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2018 11:44 AM

Any truth to the rumor about Rafa Nadal?

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2018 11:48 AM

I think Joel McHale's transplant looks ridiculous but to each their own I suppose. As for Ben Affleck, R52, I always assumed he wore wigs because even in recent photos his hairline looks uneven. It's as if he slapped on the wig without adjusting it.

I'll add George Clooney to the list. It's subtle but it does look like he's wearing some sort of hairpiece. What say you, R52?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Patrick Wilson has worn a toupee pretty much his entire career, as has Jon Hamm. Both have severe hair loss that couldn’t be covered by transplants.

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2018 2:25 PM

Clooney and Affleck of course wear toupees. Ben’s are some of the most notoriously bad in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2018 2:25 PM

But Ben Affleck in that Boston heist movie has a buzz cut and his hair looks real, can you have fake buzz cut?

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2018 6:09 PM

Clooney's hair is all his own -- there's no lace to be found on his head. The hairline is asymmetrical and mature in the sense it's receded slightly over the years (as 98% of all caucasian male's hairlines do thru the years). Whether he had some touch-ups with an FUT procedure is hard to tell but his hairline has stayed more or less the same for 20+ years. Jon Hamm also has excellent hair and is NOT wearing a toupee. The Hamm toupee rumors are some of the most ridiculous going around...I don't get it!

There was definitely some smoke when it comes to Affleck's hair, particularly in the 90s, but the reality is he has very thick (density-wise) and coarse hair (strand-wise), which in its youth especially can give the illusion of a hard-fronted toupee. He's likely had some restorative work done, but there's no way he's bald. And there's no way you can achieve his all-over density thru a hair transplant (only in concentrated areas). R60 - this is the big tell for hair-wearers...as is evidenced by Travolta's "buzz cut" toupee. The buzz cut is not really something that can be convincingly mimicked with a hairpiece...the lace system becomes apparent and the lack of natural cowlicks/direction in the hair makes it look more like a hair yarmulke!

Ben Stiller had some subtle work done to his hairline a couple of years ago...it's a natural result that reinforces rather than reinvents his existing hairline. Liam Neeson also had his hairline reinforced many years ago...it's a fair result typically bolstered with Toppik/concealer. He has finer hair, so even with the best transplant, it doesn't give the same illusion of density as those with coarser/thicker hair strands.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2018 9:45 PM

I think some of the misguided rumors about Affleck came about from that film where he played George Reeves (Superman). Was it called Hollywoodland?

He wears a hairpiece through all or much of it but it was there to create more of a smooth and slick brilliantined hairstyle of the 1940s/50s, not to compensate for a lack of hair.

There's no way that the buzz-cut hair he sports in The Town could not be all his own.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2018 9:50 PM

Billy Eichner before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2018 10:18 PM

Agreed R62 -- I think this is likely wear things began to amp, but to your point it was a stylistic choice...and not for any lack of hair. Regrettably, I have to rescind my comments about Jon Hamm's hair...I hadn't seen Jon in recent years and sadly it does appear he's thinning thru the front/middle. At first I thought it might be a character choice (for Baby Driver) but candid photos and more recent set photos suggest he's suffering from latter day MPB/diffuse thinning. His thinning pattern is actually reminiscent of Pierce Brosnan's...largely affecting the middle area just behind the hairline but not the crown, almost an alopecia areata. Pierce's hair has looked better in recent years though so perhaps he had a little restorative work done in the affected areas.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2018 10:19 PM

Billy Eichner after. Can Toppik/Dermmatch do all this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2018 10:21 PM

R65 - Amazingly, yes they can. It's a very manufactured result though -- hairsprayed and styled within an inch of its life. In looking at other photos of Eichner, at first I thought he might have a small partial hairpiece in the front (just behind his existing hairline) which might have been the case once or two, but other photos suggest it's largely makeup/fibers/concealer and a volumized style that gives the illusion of density. Eichner did mention he had been on Rogaine (maybe even Propecia?) on WWHL and had done some miracles for him...so perhaps enough native hair was regained/strengthened to then augment with Toppik/dermmatch. It doesn't appear to be a transplant at this stage though he'd be an excellent candidate given his hair characteristics and relatively small area needed to be covered.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2018 10:29 PM

James Nesbitt has spoken about getting a couple of hair transplants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2018 10:36 PM

Janeane Garofalo 2009

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2018 10:37 PM

Janeane Garofalo 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2018 10:38 PM

What's up with Jimmy Fallon's hair? It looks so fake and it also looks askew and off-kilter on occasion. His hairline is also in the Northern hemisphere at this point. It looks like a really bad wig, is it?

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2018 11:29 PM

[[R70]] Yeah, his hairline has gotten fuller.

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2018 11:34 PM

Joe Biden

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2018 11:47 PM

Robert Redford has to be a wig, right?

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2018 11:51 PM

Yes r73 there’s a number of photos out there of his wig not setting right on his head.

I think travolta just does wigs. A few years ago he took a selfie with someone at a gym with his natural (very much receding) hairline

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2018 12:10 AM

I don't know R70. Usually, male celebrities of that age using hair enhancement systems avoid that "full" hair look. Better to go the route of a Jimmy Kimmel because it is less obvious when the hair is kept very short.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2018 12:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2018 1:45 AM

Alexander Skarsgard

a picture of Alexander before hair transplant in this pic he's wearing hair piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2018 2:06 AM

after photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2018 2:07 AM

recent photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2018 2:07 AM

different angle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2018 2:08 AM

Hanks was losing hair at an early age. I even remember many years ago on Letterman out of the blue Dave asking him something like 'So what's going on with the hair?' Hanks ignored the question.

I have no idea what he's done in terms of pieces and transplants but whoever has the position of taking care of his hair has done a great job.

If that's a transplant on Nesbitt's head it's insanely good. He has very little hair in the before photo.

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2018 2:14 AM

Neil Diamond wears a toupee onstage only.

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2018 3:25 AM

What's up with Eric McCormack's hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2018 3:53 AM

I don't know, but Megan wears one on W&G.

by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2018 4:04 AM

wow Alex Starsguard hair is very, very thick in the recent pic posted above.

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2018 4:06 AM

Godzilla’s extensions are THE FAKEST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2018 4:15 AM

Michael Keaton had plug work done.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2018 12:54 AM

I'm reading a book on staph infections for my infectious diseases class. My conclusion is never have any surgery that isn't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2018 12:57 AM

R80 - Alexander S has had INCREDIBLE work. That looks fantastic.

This thread makes me glad I just shaved my head! That said, if I had a lot of disposable income, I'd probably do some sort of transplanting (and keep doing it).

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2018 1:13 AM

R83 - Eric's hair is all his own. He's been receding/thinning very mildly in the front since the beginning of W&G but fortunately has maintained the majority. I imagine he hopped on Propecia early and that arrested further loss. I imagine, like most men on TV these days, the hair/makeup team are using some concealer/Toppik to thicken the appearance but there's no wigging at this point.

Re: Skarsgard, the jury is still out. Longer styles can give the illusion of more hair/density, whereas shorter ones can put out the shortcomings (particularly in the hairline). More recent photos show a more symmetrical hairline, with defined corners - so there's a good chance he might have had a tune-up at some point but it could very well be his native/original hair.

Ryan Reynolds had some mild thinning happening in the very front of his hairline maybe 7-8 years ago but that seems to have disappeared -- so he likely had a minor touchup (or had success with Rogaine) along the way. Keaton had an old-fashioned transplant in the early 90s (around Batman) but it's of the pluggier variety (you can see the donor scar in recent film work). Luckily, the look suits him so no harm, no foul. However, Keaton did wear a partial piece for several films in the late 80s/early 90s -- not unlike Paul Reiser who also eventually opted for a transplant. Jeff Goldblum appears to have had some minor touch-up work done as well, as he was thinning out in the 90s. While his current hairline is mature/receded, the hair seems stronger/healthier than before -- though it could also be that his hair is gray now which by nature is slightly thicker/coarser in appearance.

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2018 1:48 AM

If Keaton had a transplant, he probably had it removed, as he's pretty much bald/receeded now. Paul Reiser had a transplant? His hair's pretty thin, and there was always the rumor going around that he wore a toupee in the Mad About You days.

Goldblum's hair appears to be his own, like you said, I think the grey makes it look denser.

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2018 1:55 AM

Don't take Propecia. My dermatologist who is a pretty prominent doctor (I once read his name in a major celebrity autobiography regarding how he helped her and he is also head of the department of a major medical school) won't prescribe it because some studies show it causes breast cancer in men.

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2018 1:58 AM

Doesn’t it cause erectile problems as well?

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2018 2:00 AM

Ben Stiller mentioned using Propecia on Letterman. Robin Williams was taking Finasteride when he died.

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2018 2:01 AM

Chris Pratt hair is thinning ------ so expect HIM to soon "miraculously" sport a new fuller hairstyle.....I personally find Tom Brady's fake hair as annoying as his "natural" smile and annoying wife....sorry if I sound catty...

by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2018 2:11 AM

[R95] Well, he *is* a prat.

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2018 2:12 AM

Which celebrities actually just let their hairline recede or go bald?

That would be a much shorter thread.

by Anonymousreply 97August 5, 2018 2:18 AM

[R97] Bruce Willis, Phil Collins, Michael Stipe, Patrick Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2018 2:22 AM

Joel McHale is so hot I don't even care what's going on with his hair...

by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2018 2:24 AM

What about the Janeane Garofalo pics/vids I posted?

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2018 2:29 AM

[quote] Ben Affleck (long rumored to be a toupee wearer -- not true)

Bless your stupid heart.

by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2018 2:34 AM

Wow - Ashton Kutcher is on Conan and actually admits he's losing his hair. Said he was on Avodart starting at age 25 but stopped a few yrs ago when he wanted to have children. Says he's not going to go the transplant route but let it go naturally.

We'll see if he stays the course but good for him for being so honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2018 2:40 AM

Hollywood Hair Whisperer is that professional victim of bad nosejobs, penile injections and a scarred head from bad hair transplants. His aggressive "expertise" is easy to spot. He only knows the cheap failure of his own obsessions. He posts on all cosmetic surgery threads as an expert. He did deform himself with a lot of procedures but his claim that modern hair transplants are simple and effective is as innaccurate as his assessments of full heads of hair being created by fibre sprays. What a nut job. Ask him about his nosejobs and the lawsuit regarding his penile burn.

Billy Eichner's change is not due to hair fibre spray moron. I know the dude and I am keeping some of his secret. But he mostly hasn't. Boy should fix his underbite and mandible projection is what I say. He's got money to buy dick now and he wants to remain funny looking. But with hair.

Again with HHW....long hair never looks "thicker" than short hair unless you have a lot of hair to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 103August 5, 2018 2:41 AM

[R103] Just admit it, Eichner wears a frontal piece. Not all the time, but most of the time. Heck an early profile of him described him as having a receding hairline.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2018 2:44 AM

Clive Davis.

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2018 2:50 AM

All together now---

"It's a WIG! Her hair's as PHONY as SHE IS!"

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2018 4:45 AM

[R106]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2018 5:06 AM

R102, I knew someone who used to work for Kutcher and she told me almost exactly what you posted about 8 years ago. She said the hair loss really bothered him but it sounds like he's gotten over it.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2018 5:10 AM

[R108] Well, he always combed it forward.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2018 5:16 AM

Julianna Margulies. Christine Baranski. Debra Messing.

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2018 10:20 PM

Wigs for women in TV and film are very common now but they're done so realistically, you'd never know they're wigs. I think the last time Meryl used her own hair in a film was Kramer Versus Kramer.

It saves hours in the makeup chair and keeps their own hair healthy.

by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2018 12:46 AM

JLo and her fake hair is so obvious in Shades of Blue. That wig is like a dried up dead bird's nest on her head.

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2018 10:40 PM

How can you tell if someone had a transplant or wears something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2018 10:58 PM

Can you tell in person?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2018 11:01 PM

Kidman and her gay husband always wear wigs

by Anonymousreply 115August 7, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]Jury is out on Adam Levine getting restorative work done on his hairline...it's definitely suspect.

I saw Maroon 5 at a private concert earlier this year and Adam Levine had a buzzed head it looked very thick.

He was sexy as fuck too!!!

by Anonymousreply 116August 7, 2018 12:23 AM

Steven Seagal has dolls hair.

by Anonymousreply 117August 7, 2018 12:49 AM

Al Pacino - Yes, Dustin Hoffman - Yes, Robert De Niro - not sure.

by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2018 12:52 AM

R113 nad R114

Yes, that's usually the problem. If you are looking to see whether it's real or fake, you can usually tell (in person). I once worked with a guy who had his glued on slightly askew (and for some reason, I could smell the glue on him--probably because he was touching it up himself or something between appointments).

On film or in pics, it probably looks good, though I'm sure High Def EVERYTHING has had a negative effect on "passing."

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2018 7:30 AM

No mention of Will Arnett, eh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2018 7:38 AM

Does Caitlyn Jenner have own hair or is it a wig.

by Anonymousreply 121August 7, 2018 8:26 AM

[R121] Sewn in weave.

by Anonymousreply 122August 7, 2018 8:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2018 10:47 PM

R121 she is believed to use lace front wigs and hair extensions to get the length and volume

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2018 10:50 PM

He was thinning as a young (and quite dreamy) young man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 7, 2018 11:05 PM

Kevin James had some work done.

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2018 7:23 AM

r123, doesn't that look more like one of those fake pieces in the vids than a transplant?

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2018 11:50 AM

Question -- I read a lot about Toppik on DL.

Is it something that only looks good on camera or do people wear it off-camera as well, e.g. is it noticeable in person or does it just look like the person has thicker, very styled hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2018 12:30 PM

r128, toppik is good if you have a bald spot in the back, or you just want to give the top of your head the appearance of darkness. Toppik at the hairline would be very noticeable in person.

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2018 12:35 PM

Thanks R129.

So someone could be using it day to day and the average person who saw them in person would not even realize, correct?

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2018 1:33 PM

I think it depends, r130. If you are conversing closely with someone at eye level, you might notice "something" - in passing or without close examination, then you probably wouldn't realize.

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2018 1:41 PM

R10.. I know. You see more women, even young women, with receding and thinning/balding hair. I never saw that when growing up. Women always had a full head of hair.. maybe some with thin hair, but no balding. Hair transplants are very expensive, and not everyone can afford it. You also need a good patch of hair to harvest. Men are lucky... they have the option of shaving their head, and still be attractive. Women don't have that option. Kevin Costner's transplant looks good.. pretty natural. Transplants done right, can look great. I wonder why women have this problem now? I know, with age and menopause, with the female hormones diminishing.. and sometimes the male hormones are stronger.. but, why young women? It's very depressing for a woman.. worse than a man. Men are expected to go bald and is accepted, but women.. not so much.

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2018 1:42 PM

Thanks again R131!

by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2018 5:30 PM

All that talk about Toppik reminds me of the Ron Popeil and GLH9 infomercials.

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2018 5:43 PM

Toppik only works if bald spots are not very severe, of course. And the color match has to be perfect (which ain't easy) or it can look like spray paint.

It's used often on Broadway stages which afford enough distance to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2018 1:14 AM

R16 He is so hot bald or not.

by Anonymousreply 137August 9, 2018 1:28 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 138August 14, 2018 12:02 AM

I want to see what one of those systems look like in person because the videos are surprising how freakin real it looks.

by Anonymousreply 139August 14, 2018 2:01 AM

I’ve been using Toppik for 6 years. Never once has anyone detected it. At first it took me some time to learn to properly apply it, and as stated above matching the color is quite crucial. But if you’re only thin on top it’s a game changer.

by Anonymousreply 140August 14, 2018 2:43 AM

Wig bump.

by Anonymousreply 141August 15, 2018 8:47 AM

"Never one has anyone detected it."

Um, or they were being nice to your face.

by Anonymousreply 142August 15, 2018 9:24 PM

Does anyone have personal or IG pics of hair systems? I have always wondered if you could tell something like this is fake in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 15, 2018 9:29 PM

David Spade is guilty!

by Anonymousreply 144August 16, 2018 7:21 AM

Winona Ryder's close friends would call her "Wiggy"... if she had any!

by Anonymousreply 145August 16, 2018 7:34 AM

Hair is the least of that man's problems in R143's photo.

by Anonymousreply 146August 16, 2018 7:37 AM

[R145] What's that supposed to mean? A cheap shot.

by Anonymousreply 147August 16, 2018 7:38 AM

Jon Hamm?

by Anonymousreply 148August 16, 2018 7:41 AM

I understand that the guy at this link is young and wants to have some years with hair (albeit fake hair), but if he just shaved that head bald and fucking OWNED it, he would be 50x more fuckable (to me).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 16, 2018 7:43 AM

[R148] Hamm wears a frontal piece.

by Anonymousreply 150August 16, 2018 7:47 AM

R61 is 100% FULL OF SHIT. You are a liar. Period. The end.

by Anonymousreply 151August 16, 2018 3:27 PM

I know for a fact that Affleck and Clooney have been wearing toupees for over two decades. Not going to argue with some loon who calls itself Hollywood dumbass. Next.

by Anonymousreply 152August 16, 2018 3:30 PM

[R152] Sure buddy.

by Anonymousreply 153August 16, 2018 11:52 PM

Affleck yes but Clooney no

by Anonymousreply 154August 17, 2018 12:00 AM

Redford needs a new wig

by Anonymousreply 155August 17, 2018 12:18 AM

[R155] Robert Redford.

by Anonymousreply 156August 17, 2018 1:24 AM

[R155] Redford's hair is his own.

by Anonymousreply 157August 17, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote]Redford's hair is his own.

Yes, he does own it.

by Anonymousreply 158August 17, 2018 2:12 AM

Clive Davis.

by Anonymousreply 159August 17, 2018 4:54 AM

Alexander Skarsgard as mentioned above is one of the starkest before and afters I've seen. I knew he had a receding hairline at some point, but that after photo has sooooo much hair and it looks pretty natural too so good for him.

Rev up those 'before' photos for Ricky Martin because he'll probably get hair plugs by the time he turns 50. The hair on the crown of his head has visibly thinned and his hairline is receding.

by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2018 8:13 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2018 5:10 AM

Joel McHale.

by Anonymousreply 162August 19, 2018 4:36 PM

I thought it was assumed McHale wore one of those pieces.

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2018 1:49 AM

Ricky Martin should buzz it.

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2018 2:02 AM

[R164] The Ricky has all his hair.

by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2018 2:34 AM

You can use Toppik style fibers on a daily basis if you use it correctly:

Style your hair first.

If you're lighter than medium brown: Blend 2 colors together (one shade lighter and your shade)

Dark Brown or Black (try to go one shade lighter, NEVER use black)

in an atomizer like the link below, use small, quick, gentle puffs about an 1"-2" away from your scalp (use the long nose to get in your mid scalp. When you get closer to your hairline, try to make the puffs more diffuse by pulling away the atomizer about an inch farther away. Stop about an 1/2 inch from your actual hairline, so you don't look like you have a Ken doll hairline. Spritz hairspray to seal the fibers, then clean up your forehead for any fallout. This takes a bit of practice (most people tend to squeeze too hard, which gives you a hard circle of fibers on your scalp), but once you get it, you can get it done in about 5-10 minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2018 3:54 AM

[R166] Bono uses it.

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2018 4:03 AM

Jeremy Piven.

by Anonymousreply 168August 22, 2018 7:10 AM

And it didn't make Piven any less of a douche.

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2018 2:18 AM

Just buzz the sides with a 0 or 1 blade and go natural. Much hotter!

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2018 2:36 AM

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2018 3:01 AM

Kidman

by Anonymousreply 172August 25, 2018 1:31 AM

Ricky Martin by the time he's 50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 25, 2018 1:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 26, 2018 7:30 AM

Wig bump.

by Anonymousreply 175September 6, 2018 1:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 6, 2018 1:48 AM

^ Does he think that looks good?

by Anonymousreply 177September 6, 2018 2:11 AM

[R178] It's his real hair.

by Anonymousreply 178September 6, 2018 2:12 AM

r178 You're talking to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 179September 6, 2018 2:35 AM

Oopsie. [R177] It's his real hair.

by Anonymousreply 180September 6, 2018 2:37 AM

Jennifer Aniston wore a wig at the 2017 Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 181September 6, 2018 2:58 AM

[R181] I'd love to get a peak at Jennifer's wig closet.

by Anonymousreply 182September 6, 2018 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!