Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doublelist

Is anyone else having trouble logging on this morning? I, of course, worry that it is shutting down, the way the Craigslist personals did.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2019 7:48 PM

I can't access it, either. Damn!

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2018 3:47 PM

I hope it's not down for good. Damnit!

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2018 3:48 PM

It keeps asking for me to sign in repeatedly.

Its finally getting some traction. The straight guys are finding it. Just when I thought I may never have sex again. Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2018 4:46 PM

It's been down for the last 3 hrs here.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2018 4:55 PM

The whores must have been using it for prostitution again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2018 4:56 PM

It is down completely, according to the website downforall. I hope not for good.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2018 5:56 PM

It's back up. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2018 5:59 PM

Whooppeeeeeeee!!

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2018 9:42 PM

Why does Doublelist require an account? Do you provide any other info other than an email?

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2018 4:53 PM

It requires an account for age verification due to the Nazis in Congress who are trying to prove that all ad-supported web sites are used for sex trafficking.

So, sign up for an account on hushmail or protonmail. Voila.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2018 5:09 PM

I wasn't aware of this service. I've tried to sign up just now and it asked me to create an account and when I created a password it says it's not accepting any new members. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2018 5:15 PM

Their exact wording is: "Sorry. We don't currently accept registrations. "

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2018 5:17 PM

They require a number too for verification.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2018 5:22 PM

What a shitty service, they're now asking me for phone verification, that's basically the DEATH of "straight" users, what a bunch of morons. Will anyone just come up with an easy service like that where you just check you're older than 18 and go to the good stuff? The creators of this service are full idiots, probably straight.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2018 5:24 PM

No problem creating an account. A stab in the dark - are you using yahoo, aol or an account like that? It’s quite possible they’re rejecting accounts from OATH based account which have a long history of being compromised.

Try creating a free email account on Hushmail and try again. They do require a voice number for verification. You might be able to use a google voice number.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2018 5:29 PM

The phone number is really pushing it in terms of expecting discretion.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2018 5:33 PM

r14, you do realize it's not strictly a gay site, yes?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2018 5:34 PM

R15 I was trying to create an account using gmail. Tip for all, you can create a free gmail account without phone verification, all you have to do is to add a new account to your Android phone (don't know if that would work on Iphone) and create a gmail account and state you're 13, it won't ask for phone verification.

This service is obviously catered to men seeking men, don't be naive and even if it is supposed to be about fleeting hookups for all, by demanding a phone number your curbing your target audience. Craigslist worked for a reason, you know?

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2018 5:56 PM

You can later change the date of your birth at your gmail account to remove age restriction.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2018 5:57 PM

How is Doublelist different from Craigslist?

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2018 5:58 PM

I can't say because it won't allow me to register without a phone, but I'm sure it's no better, what made Craigslist work was that you didn't have to register or give any private information, making the whole process almost immediate. I doubt this will flourish.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2018 6:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, I tried to register just now and it won't accept my phone number. (Says "something went wrong, try again or contact us"). Also, is there a way to view the current list of cities. As of about 2 months ago, my city was not on the list.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2018 6:36 PM

Never heard of this before. Will try it out.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2019 3:58 AM

What you really meant to say R23, is "bump."

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2019 4:13 AM

Even when it appears to be working, it doesn't approach the utility of CL.

I'm using "Viva Street" with some satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2019 6:46 AM

Guys talk to me. I tried DL in the beginning but they were so prohibitive about language and the kinds of pictures you could post It had none of the freedom compared to Craigslist. I lost interest. Has any of that changed?

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2019 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!