Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How's the summer going where you are?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2018 9:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2018 12:51 PM

Where's Mr Norway? Is he dead?

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2018 12:54 PM

I'm in Manchester, England. It's hot.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2018 12:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2018 12:58 PM

I'm in London. It rained on Tuesday for about a minute. I can't remember the last time it rained before that, which is highly unusual for the UK.

I've not seen a summer here like this before.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2018 1:02 PM

82 here in Norway right now, the forecast for tomorrow says 93.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote]Where's Mr Norway? Is he dead?

He'll be here soon...grumbling.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2018 1:05 PM

[quote]Not Mr. Norway but still in Norway

There are two of you?

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2018 1:06 PM

This is Mr Norway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2018 1:15 PM

I’m in Texas. It’s been 109F the past couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2018 1:16 PM

No! ---THIS >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2018 1:16 PM

that was meant for R9

Mr. Norway >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2018 1:18 PM

How are we not, as a civilization, all rising up and speaking out against any and all government officials who deny global warming or impose legislation that profits from fossil fuels when there are renewable alternatives available? Do we literally have to be cooked alive before we collectively give enough of a damn to try to save ourselves?

Incidentally I’m in the mid-Atlantic east coast US and the first three weeks of July here had virtually no rainfall. That’s the longest July heat/dry spell this time of year since they began recording the weather here in 1871. Before that we had massive rain and damaging flash floods throughout the region. We’ve also had excess rain and more flooding for the past week and are predicted to have an unusually wet and rainy month of August. Everything is terribly out of whack, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones (for now) because at least the rain is keeping our area green and the local crops growing. For now.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2018 1:28 PM

No warming. You're the warming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2018 1:53 PM

30C (86F) today. Yesterday was almost as bad, 29C (84F). The heatwave continues, and so does the drought. Good thing they're reporting rain on Saturday and Sunday. Won't be enough though. It will have to rain every day for weeks for it to make a difference. Also, we might get a thunderstorm, which is a whole different issue. Hopefully there won't be too many fires from lightning 😕

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2018 1:55 PM

R15 are you Mr. Grumbles Norway?

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2018 2:00 PM

The northeast US is rainy this week. The temps are not too hot, but very humid. Some areas have flash flooding. July, for the most part, hasn't been too terrible with the heat.. thank goodness. Other parts of the country are going through hell, though... with wildfires and extreme flash flooding. I feel terrible for those people. The weather and conditions are so extreme now.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2018 2:02 PM

DL's Mr Norway, off to find a wifi connection so he can type about how hot he feels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2018 2:05 PM

I think many of us wonder what Mr Norway looks like.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2018 2:08 PM

Here in Chicago, we had a cold front go through last night. It's currently 74 (23C) and sunny, we expect mid 50s (13C or so) for lows tonight and only mid 70s (24C0 for highs tomorrow. We may have the best weather in the US the next couple of days. Everyone else come to Chicago!

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2018 2:09 PM

I like Mr. Norway's sweater..

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2018 2:10 PM

We had over 3 weeks of 90's and no rain. The air quality was like smog soup: nausea-inducing. Many of my plants gave up and just went into Autumn mode.

Can't wait til this miserable fucking summer is OVER.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2018 2:16 PM

[Quote]Other parts of the country are going through hell, though... with wildfires and extreme flash flooding.

Oh yes, the wildfires. I forgot to mention this. There's currently a big wildfire burning in Aust-Agder county. It looks bad. Thankfully there will be rain this weekend. It's so dry right now that just sparks from trains can cause cause fires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2018 7:46 PM

This thread is full of Norwegians

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2018 8:32 PM

If they're not Norwegian, they're talking about the Norwegian.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2018 8:33 PM

Windsor, Ontario. We've had a heat wave for most of July. And almost no rain - a drought. Today it is very humid (which is usual in this area in the summer) and with the humidity factor the temperature is up in the 90's. But tonight a miracle - it's going down to 61, and some cooler weather is on the way. It can't be soon enough!!

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2018 8:37 PM

It was 127F a couple of days ago in Death Valley, California. It’s supposed to be 123F today.

Meanwhile, I am in cool, refreshing Las Vegas, where it’s only going to be 112F.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2018 8:43 PM

Hei. Velkommen til Datasalong.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2018 9:11 PM

Gjøre du drenere din pasta?

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2018 9:13 PM

I spent 8 nights in Portugal. It had perfect weather. Mid-70's the whole time, which is unusual for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2018 9:18 PM

I follow a guy who has a handmade pottery factory in Los Angeles on Instagram. He just sent a picture of a thermometer in the roofed, but partially open air factory. It said 118.

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2018 9:28 PM

One of the YouTube psychics predicts 7 major storms will hit the US 3 of them will produce Katrina level deviation.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2018 9:57 PM

R30 Why is it hotter here in Norway than in Portugal? That's just gross. It's been like 30C (86F) every day since May. I'm so sick of it. The heatwave has literally lasted more than two months. I just want it to end.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2018 11:31 PM

[quote]I'm so sick of it. The heatwave has literally lasted more than two months. I just want it to end.

So you can move on to moan about the Autumn.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2018 11:36 PM

They keep promising thunder storms in London and nothing happens.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2018 11:38 PM

Have you met Mrs. Norway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2018 11:43 PM

R36, is that Carol Brady?

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2018 11:52 PM

No, that is Mrs. Nina Grieg. She married her first cousin, Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg, on 11 June 1867, in Copenhagen, Denmark. Nina and Edvard identified as Unitarians.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2018 11:57 PM

33C (91F) in Norway today, way too hot. I'm just gonna stay inside and get stuff done in the house.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2018 1:07 PM

Are you THE Norwegian, R39 or A Norwegian?

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2018 1:09 PM

How would I know if I’m THE Norwegian or just A Norwegian? Could I be Mr. Norway without knowing it?

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2018 1:47 PM

We are baking in Southern California--from San Diego to Los Angeles and beyond there is no let up to this heat.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2018 1:52 PM

It went up to 34C (93F). And apparently tonight will not be colder than 25C. Can't wait! Another night I have to use the fan that I bought.

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2018 1:53 PM

R42 Don't complain, you have AC, we don't. Try living in 90+ degrees without AC. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2018 1:54 PM

[quote]How would I know if I’m THE Norwegian or just A Norwegian? Could I be Mr. Norway without knowing it?

No, you couldn't.

and you aren't.

THE Mister Norway is here now @ r43 and 4

He's THE KING of the weather threads.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2018 1:59 PM

He always GRUMBLES

[quote]Try living in 90+ degrees without AC.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2018 2:00 PM

It begs for rain, but mild and low seventies in downeast Maine

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2018 2:02 PM

The KEEP promising thunderstorms in London.

My garden looks like The Sudan.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2018 2:03 PM

**THEY keep

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2018 2:05 PM

[quote] How are we not, as a civilization, all rising up and speaking out against any and all government officials who deny global warming or impose legislation that profits ...? Do we literally have to be cooked alive before we collectively give enough of a damn to try to save ourselves?

R13, in London the authorities don't even bother installing A/C on the main Underground (subway) lines. Many new-build apartment blocks are being constructed w/out in-built A/C.

And on some British railway trains this week (in the epicentre of the European heatwave), those bumbling fools LEFT THE HEATERS ON in the carriages!

I bet quite a few of the elderly had heatstrokes already.

With such a high level of negligent incompetence and intentional disregard for people's well-being even on a local (national) scale, you really expect things to get remotely better on a bigger global scale?

They probably WANT most of us to just drop dead in this heatwave. Population culling.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2018 2:07 PM

[quote][R42] Don't complain, you have AC, we don't. Try living in 90+ degrees without AC. Good luck.

No, I don't have AC.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote]Do we literally have to be cooked alive before we collectively give enough of a damn to try to save ourselves?

Yes. And even then, you'll have idiot deplorables rolling coal, demanding more coal jobs, and even shutting down solar and wind projects and writing laws that require those of us who live in parts of the country (I'd say world, but since there's no one world government...) where we already use renewables to use more fossil fuels. If you think I'm kidding, read the linked article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2018 2:18 PM

Those stupid new Boris buses in London. They have AC - but the AC gives out warm air. I went and put my hand next to it. It's ridiculous. To think this idiot who designed and oversaw them could be Prime Minister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2018 2:19 PM

It depends where you live in Southern California. It's been in the 80s at the beach.

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2018 2:21 PM

So, we have two Norwegians now.

But they don't seem to talk to each other.

Mister Norway isn't a very friendly type. So this makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2018 2:24 PM

And then there's the lies that Dear Leader tells:

[quote]"Everybody was saying, 'Well, you won’t get any mining jobs,' we picked up 45,000 mining jobs. Well, the miners are very happy with Trump and with Pence, and we’re very proud of that," Trump said to an excited audience.

[quote]The only problem seems to be that number was nowhere close to true. In fact, since the beginning of Trump's presidency, just 1,200 coal-mining jobs have been created, according to monthly reports by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In fact, the 1,200 coal jobs during Trump's presidency thus far are just 100 more than were created between August and December 2016 under President Obama.

But the best part is that the idiot deplorables are doubling down on their idiocy:

[quote]While the results have been far from what Trump promised, many coal miners who supported him last November are refusing to give up. In November, Reuters reported on coal miners who were rejecting training courses in other fields, citing Trump's promise that he would bring back coal jobs.

[quote]"The regulatory changes are entirely outweighed by these technological changes, not to mention the price of natural gas or renewables. Even if you brought back demand for coal, you wouldn’t bring back the same number of workers," Mark Muro, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution’s Metropolitan Policy Program, told The New York Times in March.

[quote]But that won't stop Trump voters from hoping, even as he promises them jobs that will never again exist.

So instead, they'll go on disability, sucking off the public teat, and blame the brown people for being a drag on society. USA! USA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2018 2:24 PM

Oh, God. This is becoming about Trump.

Time to sign off.

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2018 2:25 PM

The guy in OP picture looks so hot i want to live inside his furry musky hole

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2018 2:28 PM

In Belgium its 37 c and yesterday 35 c

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2018 2:31 PM

There is a huge fire in Northern California right now, Redding and Mount Shasta City area have been evacuated. It’s expected to be 110 degrees and windy today. A lot of homes are lost already.

Mount Shasta and the surrounding area gets most of their business from tourism. Many jobs are tourism related and there’s not much else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2018 2:46 PM

After the hottest July in 30 years we finally have rain in Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2018 2:48 PM

It's supposed to rain during this evening in London during the blood moon eclipse.

Maps have shown the UK is the hottest place in the whole of Europe today.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2018 3:01 PM

Not The UK - England.

I hate this UK nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2018 3:04 PM

R62 This map shows the temp is 32 in Oslo and 31 in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2018 3:08 PM

Pretty nice (considering) in Boston - low 80's, humid but not awful, sunny again after on and off rain all week. Storms on tap for tonight but forecast to stay in the Berkshires: the ocean effect will keep them from the shorelines of CT, RI, MA, NH and ME. The drought is over and the lawns are green. The beaches will be packed. Provincetown will be jammed. And there's a nice weekend and week coming up.

And MMJ dispensaries here are discounting heavily. Too much stock in anticipation of massive sales volume when legal sales to everyone were supposed to have started on July 1st and didn't (no labs have yet been certified to certify the products) happen? Too hot to go out to buy it and not yet signed up for delivery services? No idea but 40% off sales - 55% when they add on the veterans discount - making high-quality weed really cheap. So is lobster - thanks to Trump and the Chinese deciding to buy Canadian instead - so this is the weekend to get high and have a clambake. Substitute long cooling drinks if you don't inhale.

I went to Home Depot, the bank, Trader Joe's, and got a haircut all by 9:30 this morning. Getting sun on the patio now.

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2018 3:13 PM

32C day, 25C evening, 68% humidity, day in and day out since the beginning of June. And will keep on until mid/end Sept.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2018 3:16 PM

I just heard thunder in London. I think it was thunder. OMG.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2018 3:20 PM

If you don't say where you are R66, your post means nothing.

OMG it's raining in LONDON. OMG.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2018 3:21 PM

It will be 88 F in Los Angeles but it's currently 74 F

I went for a run this morning and had some ice cream cone with some hot random actor I know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2018 3:22 PM

R68 Sweet. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote][R68] Sweet.

No. It lasted about 10 seconds and stopped.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2018 3:25 PM

R71 Oh, that's too bad. They're reporting a thunderstorm here around noon tomorrow. At least we might get some rain (won't be enough though), and possibly somewhat colder temps. Hopefully there won't be too many lightning strikes though. We have enough wildfires.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2018 3:30 PM

It just rained in Sarf London (Camberwell) for a smooth two minutes and I can see blue sky poking through the grey. The only positive for the two minute rain is that it is a long time since I have damn near danced in warm rain and the air cleared to the point of my being able to smell the parched , yellow excuse for grass.

This is gonna be a Summer that lasts until September. Only a noah flood can convince me otherwise. But if the world IS gonna end, I haven't got an ice age disposition, that's for sure, so this is a better alternative for me.

Furthermore Southern English infrastructure has always been allergic to weather. 'Wrong leaves" on the train tracks in the Autumn preventing normal service. An allergy towards building homes that people LIVE in and the use of space that entails. Lack of recognition that we generally get "wet" snow in this damp land. Alack of recognition that Summers are generally hot, or meant to be.

Oh, it's raining again.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2018 3:34 PM

Burn, Europe, burn. Keep burning those Russian fossil fuels.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2018 3:34 PM

I'm in Edinburgh and it's boiling here. Back in April, we had so much snow that the traffic was crawling by at about four mph. The planet is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2018 3:46 PM

The EU is bitching about the results of an industrial system they invented and spread like a virus around the world.

by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2018 3:49 PM

R76, do shut up.

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2018 3:52 PM

Ich bin ein Norwegian.

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2018 3:59 PM

Make it worse, Germany. Pump that Russian gas. Indulge your carmakers in cheating emissions standards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2018 4:03 PM

R63, it's the whole island suffering the heat, not just England.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2018 4:21 PM

He said "Maps have shown the UK is the hottest place in the whole of Europe today."

This is not so, R63 -England is the hottest place in the whole of Europe today.

Anyway, it's worse in Norway, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2018 4:24 PM

Today I'm in Gothenburg, Sweden. It was 86F (or 30C). I came up here to get away from the heat. Looks like it followed me.

by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Mr. Norway has a DL pet name.

It’s “Norgie.”

by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Bye, bye, Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2018 4:30 PM

My summer is basically blowing dead bears, temperature-wise. I have to do a lot of weed before I feel like getting anything done or going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2018 4:35 PM

Almost 35C (95F) in Oslo today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 27, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote]Mr. Norway has a DL pet name. It’s “Norgie.”

and one for you. It's "Nutty."

by Anonymousreply 87July 27, 2018 4:38 PM

There's another weather thread I saw earlier. Norgie was on there too.

by Anonymousreply 88July 27, 2018 4:41 PM

R84 the heatwave is horrible. Here in Scandinavia we have the hottest summer ever. Sweden has several serious forest fires. It is around 95 daily. Tropical nights. Very little rain so far.

I read somewhere scientists have talked about climate change for decades and questioned how long the planet can take the pollition etc. Now some have said the planet has reached it level and it reacts. Greece has national disaster with fires. Heavy storms in south-east Europe with floods. Dry all over Europe.

by Anonymousreply 89July 27, 2018 4:42 PM

^^^ I meant I read somehwere scientsts are saying the limits what this planet can take have been reached and this is a reaction to it. Of course I know about climate change. It has been known fact for decades.

by Anonymousreply 90July 27, 2018 4:44 PM

This past Tuesday, Death Valley, California officially recorded an afternoon temperature of 127 F (52.7 C), a record high for July 24 of any year since records have been kept.

by Anonymousreply 91July 27, 2018 4:46 PM

Norgie’s grandfather:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2018 5:00 PM

Oh, fuckety fuck. It’s another here’s-the-temperature-at-my-house thread.

No one is memorizing your local temperature. No one is even reading your temperature. No one cares.

Shouldn’t you all be at your local bus stop sharing this valuable information?

by Anonymousreply 93July 27, 2018 5:00 PM

I feel bad for the polar bears. I guess there won't be anymore soon. Well, there'll still be some chained up in SeaWorld or wherever.

by Anonymousreply 94July 27, 2018 5:01 PM

MAJOR STORM IN LONDON.

I hear music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 27, 2018 5:02 PM

[quote]How are we not, as a civilization, all rising up and speaking out against any and all government officials who deny global warming or impose legislation that profits from fossil fuels when there are renewable alternatives available?

Although you are undoubtedly right, you are just gonna have to save your polemics for cooler weather.

by Anonymousreply 96July 27, 2018 5:03 PM

Let's not fight. Let's post things that will cool us DOWN. I'll start. Sing!

In the bleak midwinter, frost wind made moan

Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone

Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow

In the bleak midwinter, long ago

by Anonymousreply 97July 27, 2018 5:58 PM

90 here in Tampa and HUMID. Was like waking up in a tub of warm water. I know it’s going to be hot when the morning isn’t cool.

by Anonymousreply 98July 27, 2018 6:01 PM

I just wish I didn’t have to go to the office. Dealing with the disgusting subway and feeling wiped out before the day even begins. I need a job to work from home.

by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2018 6:04 PM

Storm finally arrived. Quite heavy rain.

by Anonymousreply 100July 27, 2018 7:44 PM

It's either super rainy or super hot in the 90's. Take your pick.

I'd like some dry days in the 70's for just a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2018 9:50 PM

[quote]I feel bad for the polar bears. I guess there won't be anymore soon. Well, there'll still be some chained up in SeaWorld or wherever.

They might stuff a couple and send them to Tring

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2018 9:54 PM

DL face gay Tomasz @ link with the weather. Notice how they never say the word LONDON in the weather forecast in England. Don't want to upset the flyovers. Drives me CRAZY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 27, 2018 10:00 PM

Slight over-reaction to the rain in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 27, 2018 11:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2018 11:11 PM

Too much rain this summer in New England. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2018 11:14 PM

more London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2018 11:45 PM

Hot as hell in Houston.....a typical July day.

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2018 1:57 AM

Another hot day, 29C (84F). It's 2 pm and still no rain. I guess it's delayed. Might get some rain and a possible thunderstorm this evening.

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2018 12:13 PM

[Quote]Too much rain this summer in New England. I hate it.

R106 I'm jealous. We've had a drought for two months now. The grass is yellow. Every day is in the 80s-90s range. Fucking sick of the heat. Hopefully the rain today will make it colder, even if just a little, I'll take it. I just need some relief. I'm starting work again on Monday after four weeks off. I have a huge workload and in this heat...can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2018 12:16 PM

The rain we had yesterday in London has definitely cheered things up.

Sunny and much less humid today. Little moisture in my back garden.

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2018 12:17 PM

[quote]I'm starting work again on Monday after four weeks off. I have a huge workload and in this heat...can't wait!

Hope you'll still find the time to update us on the Norwegian weather patterns.

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2018 12:28 PM

Don't you people know how to spell correctly? It's NorMay. He is Normegian. Anyway, be nice to him so we can get more people coming in to our country from Normay. It's a nice country I hear.

by Anonymousreply 113July 28, 2018 1:55 PM

If you were really in London you'd use C not F

by Anonymousreply 114July 28, 2018 1:56 PM

Until you've been in the South, you don't know heat. If you want to understand, close the door, turn on the shower but don't get in. Stand there for 10-15 minutes trying not to sweat. Breathe deeply. If you don't feel like you're in a tropical rain forest you don't have the water hot enough.

I will take dry, Arizona heat any day over heat and high humidity.

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2018 2:03 PM

[quote]I have a huge workload and in this heat...can't wait!

Poor Norgie!

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2018 2:03 PM

R114 We know most of the people here are Americans and that Americans use Fahrenheit.

by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2018 2:04 PM

Norgie's weather grumbles have been the surprise hit of summer 2018 here at the lounge.

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2018 2:04 PM

[quote]If you were really in London you'd use C not F

Only liars go around accusing everyone of lying.

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2018 2:09 PM

Arizona used to be dry. Now at least in Phoenix, with wall to wall green lawns releasing moisture into the atmosphere, the humidity is awful.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote]Norgie's weather grumbles have been the surprise hit of summer 2018 here at the lounge.

Norgie's been grumbling on the weather threads a lot longer than 2018.

by Anonymousreply 121July 28, 2018 2:11 PM

7 pm and still no rain. Seems like it has rained everywhere but here :(

by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2018 4:55 PM

Hot AF. 32 °C, bit of a rain yesterday. Brno, Czech R.

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2018 5:04 PM

FINALLY!!! I just heard a thunder and then it was like the whole sky opened up. It started pouring down. My kitty got a bit scared from the thunder though.

by Anonymousreply 124July 28, 2018 5:08 PM

I just checked the weekly forecast for my area (U.S. midwest) & it has rain yet again for every day next week. UGH!

I really need to mow my back yard sometime soon. I just finished my front yard a couple hours ago & injured my leg.

by Anonymousreply 125July 28, 2018 5:11 PM

Have to agree with R115 . The American South is a cesspool of humidity and heat. Over 100F and 80%+ humidity is unbearable without AC. Sorry - but I’ll take cold winters in the Northeast over the summers of the South. (Won’t even get into the socially and politically backward culture).

by Anonymousreply 126July 28, 2018 6:16 PM

In Finland record breakind heat wave continues at least for 4 more days. The same heat has made all Europe very hot. I’ve waiting for thunderstorms and heavy rains for at least 3 weeks. We might have some tonight, and probably on Wed, finally. This summer we have had 45 days of heat. Record. Global warming and climate change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 28, 2018 6:28 PM

Austin, Texas. 28 days of 100+ temp. The other days were 99 or 98 degrees. Hit 110 degrees last week

by Anonymousreply 128July 28, 2018 6:30 PM

This is really bad. We will see this to happen more often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 28, 2018 6:32 PM

When I look at a map of Norway the shape of it reminds me of this black guy that fucked me in San Francisco in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 130July 28, 2018 6:47 PM

Norge = Norway’s name in the Norwegian language.

by Anonymousreply 131July 29, 2018 3:13 AM

Lovely rain in London this morning. Slow. Steady. 61º

by Anonymousreply 132July 29, 2018 8:42 AM

R132 I'm jealous. We got a ton of rain last night (again, not enough to help with the drought) so I figured the temps would drop. No such luck. It's 27C (81F) today. I mean, it's definitely better than the low to mid 30s, but I feel more comfortable in the low 20s. Anything over 25C is too hot for me.

by Anonymousreply 133July 29, 2018 10:44 AM

I'm in Los Angeles. We're in the fourth week of a heat wave. At one point, it got up to 118 in Beverly Hills, which is not normally the hottest part of town. The valley has been hovering between 100 - 110 for a couple of weeks now. It's miserable.

by Anonymousreply 134July 29, 2018 10:49 AM

[quote]At one point, it got up to 118 in Beverly Hills

Jeez! Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 135July 29, 2018 10:55 AM

It has rained properly in London for the first time in months.

I think that is the first time anyone has said that.

by Anonymousreply 136July 29, 2018 2:59 PM

A cheery article on climate change and the end of the world (as we know it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 30, 2018 12:47 AM

R93, take a chill pill.

by Anonymousreply 138July 30, 2018 1:46 AM

I live near the Michigan/Indiana state line, normal rain amount for this time of year 20 inches, we have had 30 inches so far this year. That is even with about a 3 week period with little to no rain. Temperatures have actually been below normal and humidity rather low, it has been almost a perfect summer so far.

I feel so bad for everyone one else who seems to be literally burning up.

by Anonymousreply 139July 30, 2018 1:53 AM

It's been 100+ degrees in Texas since May! Hottest summer on record.

by Anonymousreply 140July 30, 2018 2:07 AM

Much cooler in London 65º as I type. Feels weird. Shows how quickly you can get used to hot weather.

by Anonymousreply 141July 30, 2018 2:16 AM

It’s a very pleasant 78 and dry in the NYC area now tomorrow should be the same. Rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

by Anonymousreply 142July 30, 2018 2:41 AM

Typical FLorida summer here. It rains a lot, but I don't mind because it keeps the heat from getting too extreme. I will be buying hurricane supplies this week. August and September are peak season and Im not waiting in lines 100 deep for a freaking case of water!

by Anonymousreply 143July 30, 2018 2:52 AM

I never thought I would say this, but it's actually cold. It's a fucking miracle. 14°C (57F) right now. It's almost midnight, but still. Hopefully it will continue. I'm so sick of the heat.

by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2018 9:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2018 9:43 PM

91˚F/32.77˚C in NYC we're in a heatwave and the humidity is high.

by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2018 9:45 PM

[quote]91˚F/32.77˚C

Wha'?

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2018 9:49 PM

[quote] 14°C (57F) right now.

That's TOO cold.

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2018 9:50 PM

I was in Tucson yesterday, visiting my parents. The temp hit111F/43C. We felt every degree of it. We had to stay inside the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2018 10:20 PM

It will be 100+ in LA's valleys all this week

by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2018 10:25 PM

NYC is disgusting. Not a good time to visit. All of NE US is hot humid and unfun right now

by Anonymousreply 151August 7, 2018 12:01 AM

You know you've lived in the desert a long time when you check the temperature and think, "Oh, 111. It's cooled down."

by Anonymousreply 152August 7, 2018 1:57 AM

hotter than hell in philly, but this is seasonal

by Anonymousreply 153August 7, 2018 2:04 AM

Can you still suntan naked at the men's enclosure at Hampstead Heath?

Asking for me. Not a friend. Seems like a nice way to cool down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 7, 2018 2:18 AM

WE had the lowest rainfall in July dating back to 1900, It has been hot hot since May for the most part. It rarely snows here anymore in winter either..............however I will have to say fortunately May and June were wet and the farm crops appear to be ok and this should be a good year for that. However it is easy to see if the temps keep climbing year after year and rain keeps diminishing, we wont be the nations bread basked anymore. And for anybody that thinks its just weather.............the hottest 4 years in our countries history have been since 2010! Pleasant dreams.

by Anonymousreply 155August 7, 2018 3:03 AM

I feel for the European and Scandinavian locals with high heat. It was 117 again in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area) but we have massive air conditioners and are used to it.

by Anonymousreply 156August 7, 2018 3:11 AM

PS, cooling trend for tomorrow...... 116 in Coachella. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 157August 7, 2018 3:12 AM

These heatwaves are more tolerable in the U.S. South and Southwest because of the omnipresence of air conditioning. It must be hell in Europe where it's difficult to find a/c.

by Anonymousreply 158August 7, 2018 3:18 AM

In the arid regions of the southwest U.S., evaporative coolers are commonly used instead of air conditioning. They are sometimes called "swamp coolers." They cost less to operate than air conditioners. But they work best in climates of low humidity, and they are inefficient in high humidity. In humid climates air conditioners must be used.

by Anonymousreply 159August 7, 2018 5:18 AM

Moron Mary @ R155 didn't say where she is.

by Anonymousreply 160August 7, 2018 5:21 AM

One of the San Diego Sea World's two polar bears died unexpectedly last year, but the San Diego Zoo has three in a very nice exhibit. There are estimated to be 23,000 still left in the Arctic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 7, 2018 2:38 PM

I'm naked and loving it

by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2018 3:04 PM

62ºF and bits of rain in London.

The heatwave is over here. Just as I'd adapted to hot living.

by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2018 9:02 AM

But what's happening in Iceland, that's what I want to know!

by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2018 9:25 AM

We got a lot of rain yesterday. Today it's sunny again and 23C (74F), perfect Norwegian summer. Not too hot or cold. Tomorrow we will get more rain though, and thunder and high winds. Basically we will get a storm. Should be fun lol.

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2018 10:14 AM

52º in Iceland. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2018 11:24 AM

hotter than hot

by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2018 3:10 PM

Thunder and heavy rain in London as I type.

PLUS we had a steady slow rain all day.

Great quality stuff.

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2018 4:17 PM

London in the rain today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2018 4:20 PM

After another week in the 90's with high humidity, Boston is in the mid-80's today with rain and temps in the 70's forecast for the weekend. After which it's supposed to go back into the 80's and 90's with the "Real Feel" temps near or at 100F.

People - people who don't have a/c at home - tell me they're actually enjoying going to the office these days. Work still sucks, but at least for eight hours a day there's air-conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2018 7:37 PM

I've gone to the gym at times to cool off when I haven't had good Airco

by Anonymousreply 171August 10, 2018 1:32 AM

35 days of 100 plus and more to come

by Anonymousreply 172August 10, 2018 1:37 AM

Little bits of green are starting to reappear in my little London garden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 11, 2018 3:22 AM

It's much colder here. The air is actually crisp, unlike in the middle of that disgusting heatwave. It's currently 16C (61F), they're reporting a high of 17C (63F) today.

by Anonymousreply 174August 11, 2018 8:04 AM

R173 We had some heavy rain showers here this past week. It rained a lot on Wednesday and yesterday. They're reporting rain today too. I'm actually happy about it though, we need rain. Also, rain usually brings with it colder air, which is the case now. These temps are just perfect for me. I might have to start wearing long pants and sweaters again though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 11, 2018 8:08 AM

Another day exactly like the last 60 days of 32C day, 25C evening, 68% humidity. Another month at least before the humidity and temps begin to drop slightly.

by Anonymousreply 176August 11, 2018 8:18 AM

Two weeks ago I had body aches and my throat was bothering me. Not a full on cold. Went away but now it's back. Feels like the flu as far as body aches go. The heat is so not helping.

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2018 8:29 AM

Houston, Texas. 94 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2018 8:30 AM

90s in DC since June, with 80-85 percent humidity. It’s miserable. So far we haven’t reached 100 yet, though, which is unusal by August.

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2018 8:33 AM

[quote]91˚F/32.77˚C in NYC

No one EVER says 32.77C . Do you ever say 91.4681 F ?

by Anonymousreply 180August 11, 2018 9:50 AM

The hottest and longest heat period in Scandinavia is finally over! This time I’m glad about it.

by Anonymousreply 181August 11, 2018 11:35 AM

When is Europe going to wise up about air conditioning?

by Anonymousreply 182August 11, 2018 11:54 AM

It's been a hot, rainy summer here in Philadelphia. Every summer gets worse. But it's especially terrible how many storms we've been getting. And the rain doesn't cool of shit. It's a hot, hot rain.

I hate this summer. Fuck deplorables and their climate change denial.

by Anonymousreply 183August 11, 2018 12:01 PM

Same in Pittsburgh R183. So fucking humid it's like Cambodia outside right now. I haven't been able to turn my AC off for months. Even days like today where the temps aren't high, I still need it to control the humidity. Fucking fucking fucking humidity!

by Anonymousreply 184August 11, 2018 12:14 PM

Doha: 98 degrees, 57% humidity at 3:45 pm. This time of year, it's usually at least 15 degrees hotter and less than half the humidity.

by Anonymousreply 185August 11, 2018 12:46 PM

r182, likely never. many euros I've chatted with claim superstitiously that it is a case of health problems from rickets, arthritis, alzheimers and Cancer! italy is particularly resistant

by Anonymousreply 186August 11, 2018 9:21 PM

live from Norway - looks a bit damp >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 12, 2018 6:36 AM

but very nice - you can almost smell the fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 188August 12, 2018 6:38 AM

Our string of 100+ days just finished in eastern Washington - it's going to be 55 tonight! - but the air is still smoky because of all the forest fires. It would not be unusual for us to continue to go without rain until the end of September, but I'm hoping for an earlier rain to douse the fires and get rid of the smoke in the air.

by Anonymousreply 189August 12, 2018 8:43 AM

Today is the first cool day in many weeks.

by Anonymousreply 190August 12, 2018 9:52 PM

Odd that the same thing is happening in England (& Norway). We now have worldwide weather patterns.

by Anonymousreply 191August 12, 2018 9:56 PM

[quote] many euros I've chatted with claim superstitiously that it is a case of health problems from rickets, arthritis, alzheimers and Cancer! italy is particularly resistant

Their balls must smell HEAVENLY!

by Anonymousreply 192August 12, 2018 10:03 PM

London: Tons of rain today. The novelty is wearing off.

Tried sunbathing in my back garden yesterday and the sun kept disappearing behind the clouds. Back to typical English summer. The heatwave seems like a dream.

How's it in Norway?

by Anonymousreply 193August 16, 2018 9:38 AM

Unchanged in Pittsburgh. Ghastly humidity. The air is dank, fetid, and without a hint of breeze. Everything is sticky. Vile, vile, vile. We're being braised!

by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2018 11:06 AM

I was just going to post that it's not that bad in Pittsburgh, but OMG, how the natives complain. I think I shall post just that.

It's going to get better soon, too.

by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2018 11:21 AM

Bushfire season has just been declared in NSW, Australia, with several fires raging the last few days. August is (theoretically) our deepest WINTER month.

Temperatures are around 75-79F, strong winds, and I can't remember the last time it rained, even lightly, for more than a couple of hours. Massive drought raging across the state from the desert to the sea.

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2018 1:37 PM

That's terrible, R196.

I've been reading about it. The fact they soon might have to cull the farm animals. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 197August 16, 2018 1:50 PM

R195 might be a capuchin monkey or a salamander.

by Anonymousreply 198August 16, 2018 9:05 PM

R198, the current temperature according to Weather Underground is 76.

by Anonymousreply 199August 16, 2018 9:57 PM

R194, how did you manage today?

by Anonymousreply 200August 17, 2018 10:55 PM

I keep thinking it's got to start getting cooler soon, right? The heat index tomorrow will be 93 (33 to you Euros). I'm so tired of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 201August 18, 2018 3:14 AM

In Boston, way, way muggy, mid-80's (30-ish). Thunderstorms threaten but rain doesn't fall in all the same places. It's threatening to start coming down in the city, though. No need to water the gardens - it's been raining on and off for a bit. No need to wash the car, either. Dark skies at 4:30/1630 in the afternoon. Cold front approaches. Sunday is forecast to be cooler.

by Anonymousreply 202August 18, 2018 8:36 PM

Where's Mister Norway? Hope he's OK.

by Anonymousreply 203August 18, 2018 8:39 PM

Cooling down here in Helsinki. Will be in the 60's the rest of the week.

by Anonymousreply 204August 18, 2018 8:40 PM

Horrible humidity in San Diego, California this summer. It's been gross.

by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2018 11:04 PM

Have you smelt it, R205?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2018 11:34 PM

the horror!

by Anonymousreply 207August 19, 2018 12:44 AM

Still hot in Austin. 103 today with more to come.

by Anonymousreply 208August 19, 2018 1:18 AM

R203 I'm ok. Just not much to report. It's a lot cooler here now. Like, 70F. Some days are in the low to mid 60s. It's also raining like every other day. Typical Norwegian fall. It's almost as if nature is trying to catch up after the heatwave and drought lol.

by Anonymousreply 209August 19, 2018 7:34 AM

3rd August in four where the temperatures are below normal.

July had 11 days over 90 degrees. August has had one.

by Anonymousreply 210August 19, 2018 7:38 AM

[quote]Try living in 90+ degrees without AC. Good luck.

Not everyone in L.A. has or can afford to run air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 211August 19, 2018 2:09 PM

After a hellish week it is now 70 and drizzling - the whole day

by Anonymousreply 212August 19, 2018 2:52 PM

It was hot all month in Boston, then it was nice (low 70's for two days) and now we have a tornado warning ("a slight chance" but I prefer "none") starting at 4 am on Wednesday. To be followed by rain that is forecast to approach "biblical" proportions during the morning commute, high winds all day, some thunder and lightning, and then more rain in the afternoon into the evening.

To be followed by more beautiful weather in the high 70's - low 80's through the end of next week.

by Anonymousreply 213August 22, 2018 3:58 AM

56º in London right now + heavy rain. Forecast barely above 70º for the whole of next week. Summer's over.

by Anonymousreply 214August 24, 2018 7:51 PM

Why are people sending me W&Ws? What's so funny?

by Anonymousreply 215August 24, 2018 7:56 PM

W&W means like these days, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216August 24, 2018 7:58 PM

Oh, I see.

Glad you like my post.

by Anonymousreply 217August 24, 2018 7:59 PM

We went from a drought to rain every day. WTF is up with this weather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 8, 2018 11:46 AM

San Francisco since May, every single fucking, monotonous day: Low 53 High 65 Fog and wind. Fog breaks at 2pm to allow the sun to tease, then more fog gets sucked in from the Pacific, with clammy, icy winds. Lather, rinse, and repeat. This is why the Elder gays have moved to Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 219September 8, 2018 12:07 PM

Tropical Storm George kinda broke the usual summertime pattern.

There was a breezy light wind and rain all day when the storm passed over on Wednesday. Temps have not regained the usual seasonal highs yet but they will by the end of the weekend and next week.

by Anonymousreply 220September 8, 2018 12:17 PM

R218 - are you The Norwegian?

by Anonymousreply 221September 8, 2018 2:05 PM

OP, here. Seems like a lifetime ago I started this thread.

The summer's dying here in London. We still get some warm days, but the party's over. I wish I lived somewhere with longer summers and A/C.

by Anonymousreply 222September 8, 2018 2:07 PM

I believe we're going to have an early fall 'round these parts. I'm in coastal Georgia (the low country) and the leaves have already started changing and falling. And bulb flowers seem to be the process of going dormant for the winter. Normally this doesn't start until the 2nd half of October.

by Anonymousreply 223September 8, 2018 2:16 PM

The cesspool of heat in NYC has finally dissipated. Feels like we’ve been stewing in an oven for months. Usually hate to see summer go but this year I am so over it. First 24 hours in months that it’s enjoyable to be outside.

by Anonymousreply 224September 8, 2018 3:40 PM

I feel less depressed now.

by Anonymousreply 225September 8, 2018 4:30 PM

I’m in Houston. Lots if rain this week and week before. I feel really sorry for the folks not used to 80’s and above temps. I imagine a lot of those places don’t have central air which is the norm here.

by Anonymousreply 226September 8, 2018 5:41 PM

R221 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 227September 8, 2018 6:16 PM

When the heatwave broke we had a ton of rain in London, but very little since. It's too dry again and still quite warm but very pleasant...apart from the lack of rain.

by Anonymousreply 228September 18, 2018 8:41 PM

Is there any time during the year when San Francisco has sunny weather you can rely on?

by Anonymousreply 229September 18, 2018 8:55 PM

It's almost over!

by Anonymousreply 230September 18, 2018 8:59 PM

Remnants of Florence went through New England for a few hours and it's been sunny since. Too bad the hurricane didn't move this fast in the south.

by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2018 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!