Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We'll Never Stop Doing Stories About Goop, vows the New York Times

In today's NY Times Feature, we find out Gwyneth is the Trump of thin white women: she likes featuring controversial articles on her site because it drives up clicks and sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2018 10:18 PM

That was cute when she pretended to be a victim of Harvey. She is no saint.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2018 4:32 PM

She's turning into her mother, lookswise.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2018 4:36 PM

I just want to say. Next?

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2018 4:39 PM

I just get the feeling that she would do anything to get what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2018 4:43 PM

I prefer her fame to all of the reality stars combined.

1.) She is from an interesting showbiz family. Her mother is so beautiful. R2 she would be lucky if she does age in to her cheekbones enough to resemble her mother more.

2.) I liked her in that Wes Anderson movie and Glee and what was it... Sideways? Sliding Doors? I dunno. I skipped Shakespeare In Love and don't hate her for that. So overall she seems adequately talented to me. She definitely has turned in some performances that make her more worthy than another Kardashian.

3.) What's in the box!

4.) Her insufferable Goop and jade egg nonsense is more funny than dangerous at this point. I feel schadenfreude rather than fear for the idiots who try her products or take her advice.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2018 4:46 PM

I love Gwyneth’s relentless self-absorbness. It’s what people want to do, but have the manners/social-skills not to.

Like ScarJo. I loathe her as an actress, but admire her ability to do what she wants, public opinion be damned - supporting the razing of Palestinian villages, sitting on an irritated Robert De Niro’s knee when she was fucking Sean Penn, going to lunch with Woody Allen a few months ago...

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2018 4:47 PM

It's hard to feel sorry for her "victims". It would be like feeling sorry for deplorables who lose their jobs when Trump's trade war heats up.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2018 4:49 PM

A Perfect Murder is my favorite movie of hers. It's so campy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2018 4:51 PM

What was it that she and Chris Martin did? Conscious uncoupling?

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2018 4:56 PM

I consciously uncoupled from Goop years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote] When she and Chris Martin separated via something that they called “conscious uncoupling,” she was blindsided by the backlash. What people heard, she thinks, was that even her divorce was going to be better than theirs. “I was really saying we’re in a lot of pain, we failed at this; we’re going to try and do it in a different way. But I was so raw that I didn’t anticipate.” She trailed off. “I think that was an instance where it really hit me that an insouciance with language from me is different than from somebody else.”

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote] What can she say? It’s hard to talk about herself like this. How can she really understand who she is in the culture anyway? She’s the only one who can’t see herself clearly. All she knows is what she hears, and she once heard that she eats in front of the mirror naked.

[quote] The hatred used to feel personal to her, but it doesn’t anymore. Now it feels as if she’s watching a soap opera. She remembers the week that Star Magazine called her the most hated celebrity in the world. “I remember being like: Really? More than, like, Chris Brown? Me? Really? Wow. It was also the same week that I was People’s Most Beautiful Woman. For a minute I was like: Wait, I don’t understand. Am I hated to the bone or am I the world’s most beautiful?”

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote] She doesn’t understand it. She doesn’t think she’s perfect. She is the way she is because of hard work. How could people hate her for that? It’s just hard work. It’s just intention. The content is free, and it’s all right there. Go to her website. Do some meditation. Just eat more produce. Take some time for yourself. Hydrate.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2018 8:29 PM

[quote] A gynecologist and obstetrician in San Francisco named Jen Gunter, who also writes a column on reproductive health for The Times, has criticized Goop in about 30 blog posts on her website since 2015. A post she wrote last May — an open letter that she signed on behalf of “Science” — generated more than 800,000 page views. She was angry about all the bad advice she had seen from Goop in the last few years. She was angry that her own patients were worried they’d given themselves breast cancer by wearing underwire bras, thanks to an article by an osteopath who cited a much-debunked book published in 1995. Gunter cited many of Goop’s greatest hits: “Tampons are not vaginal death sticks, vegetables with lectins are not killing us, vaginas don’t need steaming, Epstein Barr virus (E.B.V.) does not cause every thyroid disease and for [expletive] sake no one needs to know their latex farmer; what they need to know is that the only thing between them and H.I.V. or gonorrhea is a few millimeters of latex, so glove that [expletive] up.”

[quote] But something strange happened. Each of these pronouncements set off a series of blog posts and articles and tweets that linked directly to the site, driving up traffic. At Harvard, G.P. called these moments “cultural firestorms.” “I can monetize those eyeballs,” she told the students. Goop had learned to do a special kind of dark art: to corral the vitriol of the internet and the ever-present shall we call it cultural ambivalence about G.P. herself and turn them into cash. It’s never clickbait, she told the class. “It’s a cultural firestorm when it’s about a woman’s vagina.” The room was silent. She then cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled, “VAGINA! VAGINA! VAGINA!” as if she were yodeling.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2018 8:30 PM

The weirdest things about stories about her (like this one) is she tries so hard to make her life seem so perfect, and yet she always seems so miserable.

Now that she's not doing any movies anymore it's mostly easy to ignore her. If a bunch of dumb aspirational rubes want to give her several hundred dollars to steam their pussies or shove jade eggs up them, it's their problem.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2018 8:57 PM

R8 I LOVE A Perfect Murder. Her wardrobe is just so RICH looking in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2018 9:17 PM

No one has yet pointed out how creepy it is that she addresses her young son as "Lover" in her house.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2018 7:59 PM

R6 As much as people seem to dislike Scarlett Johansson I have always admired her steely honesty. Half of the people who release simpering apologies are just doing so out of fear of social disapproval. Like the actors who vow never to work with Allen again, but only after cashing the check. She is a bitch but a free thinker, not a sjw cult hysteric.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2018 8:13 PM

Amber Rose just outed her as the woman who is “Becky” in Beyonce’s Song.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2018 9:46 PM

R18 it's easy if you are of the same ethnic and religious background as scarjo and goop. Imagine a black actress giving those cunty replies and see how far that takes her.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2018 11:11 AM

She doesn't have nice enough hair to be Becky. Her hair is notoriously flat and lifeless.

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2018 11:26 AM

You have to admit: that story is very inspirational in a business sense. The only movies I’ve seen her in were Shakespeare and Ripley. She was perfect in both, and the second is a masterpiece. A do feel bitter though: Chris Martin is such a gorgeous man, he deserves me.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2018 1:12 PM

What I'm always amazed by is that she somehow repeatedly becomes best friends with other (at least once-) huge celebrities--Winona Ryder, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Stella McCartney, Beyoncé, Cameron Diaz--, and then the friendships usually end bitterly.

She must be extraordinarily charming but really unpleasant underneath. And she must really target these women.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2018 6:56 PM

I thought she was funny in running with scissors.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2018 6:58 PM

Conscious uncoupling. Sounds like a Libra to me all right.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2018 7:06 PM

I don't like her, but I do admire her. She has enough money to not do anything for the rest of her life, but chooses to work hard and to put herself on the line. She has created something that others have tried, and I give her credit for her hard work and discipline. I don't have to like her, but I do respect her drive.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2018 7:13 PM

I thought Blake Lively was the new clueless blonde actress who gave unsolicited life advice. At least she’s pretty.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2018 7:16 PM

She got to ride Brad Pitt in his prime. Lucky bitch!

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2018 7:22 PM

What r19???? How could a man who is lucky enough to be sleeping with Beyoncé fuck Goop? That shit is nasty!

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2018 7:22 PM

She is the most bland, uninteresting cunt that whale spewed on us. Why can't her pretentious fugly ass go away?

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2018 7:24 PM

R29 Beyonce is probably the worst lay in the world. Shit music. Shit hair. Shit vagina.

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2018 7:29 PM

[quote] Shit hair.

Which is why she complains about "Becky with the good hair," obviously.

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2018 7:31 PM

Goop does have bad hair though.

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2018 7:40 PM

"Amber Rose" for the Win!

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2018 2:32 AM

R21 I assumed her hair is just like her mother’s- kinda frizzy “fat” hair but she fries the shit out of it to try to make it look like Claudia Schiffer or something. Terrible hair.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2018 2:49 AM

Her face looks so dopey in that picture

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2018 2:52 AM

R35 I think it is.

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2018 6:09 AM

I love how worked up people get over her. If she wants to scam a bunch of rich white housewives who are we to judge?

She's also a brilliant actress, which people forget. I watched "Sliding Doors" recently and it actually made me sad that she's more or less thrown all that acting ability away.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2018 9:54 PM

R38 because stars like Reese Witherspoon pretend like I’m real people y’all. Goop doesn’t bother with any of that and in a say good for her. Frankly it’s insulting to our intelligence

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2018 9:59 PM

R39 That's my take, too, and why I respect her.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2018 10:12 PM

Well it is what it is. She's a terrible person -- not to her friends and family, to them she's wonderful and I honestly believe they are blessed to have her in their lives. She's a groovy chick, seem like a roar of a good time to have a few drinks with, and has had an extraordinary experience on earth.

But she's a pitiful human and sold her soul to the devil for her life, fame and wealth.

On a positive note: she uses the toilet frequently and for long stretches at a time.

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2018 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!