Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zayn Malik in Career Free Fall

New singles fail to chart.

[quote] He suffers from anxiety and depression, reportedly, and doesn’t tour. On top of that, in April his manager Sarah Stennett, dropped him. A new album was supposed to be released in June, but it’s never shown up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2019 3:33 AM

Wonderful. Swift and this brat are the only two singers I'm always actively rooting to fail.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2018 12:23 PM

He should just go the indie route. A lot of indie artist only promote online.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2018 12:28 PM

As I posted on the other thread, I have enjoyed every single released. It must be quite a messy situation if nobody can sell this product and get this act on the road.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2018 12:29 PM

R2 That's what they should have done from the beginning. Allowing himself to be hyped will make anything less than pop stardom look like a fail. They should have marketed him with his limitations in mind. They made a lot of mistakes that can't really be undone now.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2018 12:31 PM

I really liked "Let Me". It could've been a way bigger hit.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2018 12:39 PM

It’s for the best to show members of singing groups in the future that they shouldn’t leave the group and burn their bridges.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2018 12:44 PM

He isn't talented enough to make it by himself.

I hope he invests wisely , and lives modestly so he never runs out money. Meanwhile, produce music independently.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2018 12:45 PM

Good. He seems stuck on himself and is not that talented. The charming Niall Horan is the only Direction member deserving of success. Liam Payne is a homophobe and should be ignored till his nudes leak.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2018 12:45 PM

This has been a drawn out career death. Malik did almost everything wrong from drugs to horrible tats. Mediocre talent at best. He had interesting looks at one point but not now. Malik has nothing to sell. Just another failure in the music business .. but it didn't have to happen this fast. Must have a lousy agent.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2018 12:46 PM

He's so hot, I hope he gets his bulimic hot ass healthy.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2018 12:46 PM

Reading skills? He has no agent. His agent was also Lil Peeps and she got cold feet another should croak on her. Also invest wisely? He's a known spendthrift. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2018 12:48 PM

There was a BI about his manager saying the she tried everything to send this guy to rehab and she failed and she didn't wanted to suffer the same she suffered with Lil Peep, so she quitted.

This guy had everything (except charisma) to be big, but his addiction and being incredibly lazy to promote make him fail. Being successful and milliionaire so soon is dangerous, not everybody is able to deal with it. And in OD direction they were strictly controlled in their public image but not on the drugs they were taking

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 12:51 PM

I see he got some horrible tattoos. I have heard he is into drugs. Is he still dating Cara Delevingne? I've never seen a Jewish guy acting so stupidly.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2018 12:52 PM

He should make a dance album, get some great producer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2018 1:02 PM

r11 = contused queen

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2018 1:05 PM

r14 probably to late for Malik. If he follows the typical pattern, after awhile he will clean up and try to do a comeback. He will look older and smile a lot and try to show he's still got it. He will be a curiosity - but unless he drops an amazing album (he won't) he will just fade away. He will go back on drugs and work small venues and finally either OD or move to Phoenix and do something complete different. He will come to the conventions to make a few dollars.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2018 1:14 PM

R13: He is not jew, he is muslim

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2018 1:21 PM

[quote] He had interesting looks at one point but not now.

Still looks hot to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2018 1:22 PM

R17 le sigh

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2018 1:24 PM

r18 - yeah he looked good in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2018 1:31 PM

Sucks when your new music fails to chart.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2018 1:59 PM

He is hot but if he can't get on stage and sing he is probably finished as a performer. He seems nice, I hope he can enjoy being in the music business or whatever he wants to do and doesn't blow all of his 1D cash.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2018 2:15 PM

Even though he’s rich and privileged, I feel sorry for him. Those boy bands chew up and spit out members like gum balls. He should step away from the spotlight, get healthy, marry a nice English girl and lead a quiet life. We don’t need another Demi Lovoto situation.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2018 2:28 PM

r18 That picture's from last year, this is what he looks like now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2018 2:42 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2018 2:48 PM

WAS hot. He WAS hot. He looks like shit now.

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2018 4:20 PM

Maybe he will end up as a sex slave like Lohan, though I doubt his looks will impress anyone in the M.E.

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2018 5:31 PM

What's the word with him and Gigi? By All reports they are a celebrity fake couple and she's been long rumored to be a lesbian, even at an early age by her mother as she was into basketball and sports and Yolanda was convinced Gigi was gay.

Is Zayn also a fruit?

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2018 6:25 PM

r24 - the tat on his chest looks horrible - like it's almost solid ink. This is truly a person who sabotaged himself.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2018 7:16 PM

r28 very simple, addicts like to hangout together. Since he is always using she gets a free hit of his stash. He will be broke within the next 3-5 years.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2018 7:26 PM

News Flash:

He’s still rich and still handsome (despite the hideous tattoos).

But you guys do keep your fingers crossed and your voo doo dolls pinned. Perhaps he’ll go broke and OD any day now, and all of your wildest dreams will have come true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2018 8:20 PM

Beautiful boy and talented. A shame about those hideous tatoos. I wish him well, but prognosis isnt good. Has he had his " britney circa 07" meltdown yet?

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2018 8:27 PM

He went from almost a 10 to a 7 ... yeah he had a nice trim body - but what was amazing about Zayn (and what had all the fangirls going) was his face. It was handsome, sweet and sexy ... but everyone looks great when they are 21. A lot of what happened to Zayn is he's just not a kid anymore. Not his fault that he's aging.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2018 9:46 PM

If his music career fails he could also get a job as a purity tester for a heroin salesman.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2018 9:50 PM

He looks like he's blowing that mic for a twenty spot in op's pic

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2018 9:52 PM

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Gigi is a drug addict too?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!???????

That's awful. And very sad.

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2018 4:58 AM

He’s the most talented one, also he most good looking one. Too bad I think he’s gonna join the club 27 soon.

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2018 5:03 AM

^ r31 = Zayn

by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2018 5:26 AM

“Quitter” - R12

by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2018 5:34 AM

He can become an Indie artist. When the others fail..he will still be singing. If he dies young he will be remembered. The others will flop like fish.

by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2018 5:35 AM

His new song is so boring and generic and I really hate that mumbly-whisper singing that everyone is doing nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2018 7:42 AM

It was always extreeeeemely obvious from the 1D days that he would have a meteoric fall. At the height of 1D, pop culture geeks always knew about his lack of work ethic and anxiety. I feel for the guy because this fame is clearly going to lead to nowhere but hell for him.

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2018 7:46 AM

SPAZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2018 7:49 AM

He can create his own You-Tube Channel. There's an artist who stopped touring because of his kids and offers live concerts on YT for a price. I think this is the way he should go since he has anxiety issues about performing in public and doing promo work.

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2018 7:53 AM

If Gigi Hadid drops him, I think he'd go spinning downhill rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2018 7:55 AM

The only reason anyone was interested in him and OD is because he was a cute young non-threatening guy. It's not about the music at all. Now he's older, more manly looking and his fan base has largely moved on. He'll have to wait for a few years and then ride the nostalgia wave.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2018 8:01 AM

Zayn is really talented and his songs are awesome. But his anxiety about performing live is what’s killing him. Every artist needs to promote their news songs with live performances on tv shows and small pop up live shows. But his anxiety is so crippling that it’s destroying his career. Yes he’s a pot head like most musicians but there isn’t a drug abuse/rehab issue involved here with him. This is about mental illness...and he needs to overcome it or his career is over sadly. He’s the only One Direction solo artist to have a #1 single so far and both him and Harry were the only 2 to have #1 debut albums on Billboard. So he has the talent but hopefully the confidence comes back mentally for him in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2018 8:08 AM

That's pretty bad if your agent drops you and your album doesn't even debut on Billboard 200.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2018 8:44 AM

I just compare his first year out of OD to Niall’s

Zayne left too early and went straight into the solo career with a management team

Niall hung in there till the band “went on hiatus” then took off for a year backpacking, before starting his solo career small.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2018 10:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2018 1:05 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2018 1:30 PM

He should go it movies. He could become a big movie star.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2018 1:35 PM

He has a low energy personality though

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2018 1:58 PM

In order to be successful you need to actually want to be successful more than you want to get high. That's why his career is in a free fall. He doesn't commit to his career and he has no discipline to do what needs to be done for his career. Nobody wants to do business with someone that unreliable.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2018 1:58 PM

The hard drugs are one thing sure but just being a pot head doesn't agree with certain mind-sets. Increases paranoia and also ineffectiveness. Not a good place for a young man. He should go on synthetics with whatever opiate, under medical supervision, and quit the POT.

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2018 9:53 PM

He's a junkie and probably has many weird OCD behaviors, including that eating disorder. He will need a serious rehab before he turns 30 or he's not going to make it. I feel sorry for him, he seems so sad all the time

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2018 12:37 AM

Exactly, R56. He needs to be taken out of the environment that enables his addiction, or he will 100% keep using.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2018 12:40 AM

He needs to come out of the closet. He is too cute to be a straight. Also he needs to stop doing drugs

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2018 3:03 AM

Hard to feel sympathy for him. Millions of talented artists would love to get the break this guy got and yet he throws it all down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2018 3:55 AM

Block the spazz troll and much of the thread vanishes.

Hope pretty Zayn gets it together. Looking forward to new tunes.

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2018 4:04 AM

Any arm chair analysts on DL? I'm kind of intrigued by Zayn. He literally has it all. Looks, talent and millions. But, he is hung up on something. I know he is a druggie, but why so?

From what I know he grew up in seemingly intact family. He bought his parents a house and he seems to get along with his sisters wonderfully..

What's the deal? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2018 4:26 AM

Who knows? I grew up in an intact family and have all sorts of psychological trauma.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2018 4:27 AM

He has anxiety and had an eating disorder. He refuses to drive or learn how to swim. Dude has issues. Pot chills him out but it has also has made him lazy.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2018 4:33 AM

He made $50 million from 1D so is set for life. That makes it very easy for him to stay home every day and get high, he didn't particularly like touring so he won't do it, the insane money from being in 1D made him lazy.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2018 4:37 AM

50 million is easy to blow through when you're an addict. Ask Whitney or any other artist. But only time will tell how financially stable he might be. If we were talking about Bieber, I'd believe you since that boy put in some work and is worth over $299 mill.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2018 4:44 AM

He really could be a superstar. Good voice, good looks, photogenic. Needs to work on the songs and getting more comfortable on stage.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2018 5:13 AM

Ditto R62. It would be interesting to know the deep seated issues with Zayn. Im tempted to mention that he may have been raised muslim and they can be very repressive. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2018 5:47 AM

You would think anxiety would drive him toward the warm arms of benzos.

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2018 7:43 AM

I could help him with his anxiety by boning him

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2018 1:53 AM

Good. Now he can go to rehab.

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2018 2:12 AM

Someone with his kind of money, working in an industry with access to the best therapists, could easily get the help he needs to overcome his anxiety issues. He obviously doesn't want to get better. Perhaps he's just lazy and entitled and wants to sit on his ass all day and smoke pot?

You can bet that RCA will drop him the day after his contract expires. They paid a lot of money to sign him, and put everything into promoting him, and this is how he repays them. I can't imagine any other label wanting to pick him up.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2018 2:49 AM

I think he’s suffering from depression.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2018 2:51 AM

He needs to come out of the closet and marry Dane Dehaan

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2018 2:51 AM

R73, you kinda brought (married with kids) Dane out of nowhere, but he was 100% one of my teenage crushes. He’s a little thicker now, but he used to be rail thin, with those deep, dark circles. Hot, in a drugged out kinda way.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2018 7:27 AM

Poor guy has only $65 million.

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2018 7:44 AM

Maybe he has EVERYTHING but a normal sized penis.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2018 7:44 AM

Wasn't that Monty Clift's tragedy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2018 7:48 AM

He's one of the most blandest, boring, dull pop "stars" ever. Without his average ethnic looks he'd be forgotten about. zZZZZZzzzzzayn in deed

by Anonymousreply 78August 1, 2018 8:37 AM

R77, that's not tragedy material. Sad, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2018 9:38 AM

Zayn now has tragic red neck tattoos and his latest two singles didn't even chart on the Hot 100. He lied in an interview and said he was planning a tour but that's clearly not happening.

Meanwhile Harry Styles made 90m for himself on his huge 89 date tour. Spaztastic Zayn must be 50 shades of green.

by Anonymousreply 80August 10, 2018 8:18 AM

I am guessing that there is more going on than just pot (looks like a coke or meth habit - perhaps both). He's cute (and was really cute) and can sing, but as stated a million times above - he has no charisma. Also, singers MUST TOUR in this day and age. Streaming doesn't add up to all that much $$$. Touring is where it's at. Of course he also needs another hit sometime soon. But hey - look at Beyonce who hasn't had a real hit since Single Ladies and still goes strong making a fortune with her bland, blase, screeching music. TOUR Zayn.....just TOUR.

by Anonymousreply 81August 10, 2018 8:38 AM

……………………………………………………………..junkie look.

by Anonymousreply 82August 10, 2018 9:06 AM

Lol R81 is salty about Bey. I’m sure she’s crying all the way too the bank.

by Anonymousreply 83August 10, 2018 4:36 PM

He was the sweetest and most gifted & interesting singer of 1D, but that's a hell of a sliding curve.

His new releases are too vaporous as much as his beautiful voice still can't be faulted (wish he'd quit smoking). I still love MIND OF MINE and I'm still blasting 'SHE DON'T LOVE ME', 'Like I Would' and my favorite cut of his 'BeFoUr', which I think works as a male bicuriosity/bisexuality anthem as well as the tirade against 1D it is. "I've done this before, not like this....say what you wanna, say what you want now, say what you gotta say.."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 10, 2018 4:54 PM

i am tired of the small dick zayn malik theory. does anyone have actual pics that show his torso linked to his head?

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2018 5:04 PM

the harry styles troll on this thread. yes. I am acknowledging you and your inane psychosomatic banal though processes. I hope that mountain high pile of soiled seats placed beside you topples and smothers you to death. If you spent less time on here and more time washing up maybe such a thing would not happen. I will not be attending your funeral. I shall be in St Tropez. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2018 5:06 PM

Block the spaz troll and move on.

I wonder why he finds the beautiful Z so threatening?

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2018 3:17 AM

he keeps sending me these really weird texts

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Zayn is one of the great beauties of the world

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2018 6:25 AM

He's enigmatic. How did a kid like him end of singing and becoming a pop star in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2018 12:18 PM

R90, the XFactor talent show's open auditions gave Spaztastic Zayn his first break. He's over now though and will be dropped by his label next year.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2018 1:21 PM

I think he acted in school, R90. Then went to The X Factor - Cowell took a look and saw $$$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2018 3:30 PM

"Where is Zain"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2018 5:26 PM

He's developed into a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2018 6:32 PM

R93, supposedly Cowell found Zain too ethnic, so re-named him.

Zain is hot, it cannot be denied.

What is the latest on the new album? I liked several songs off the old one, it was a shame he could not tour it. Guess the Gigi drama keeps both in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2018 1:32 AM

Music people - what is the name of the register or octave or whatever he sings here? He sings it pretty high but mostly its not falsetto, is it? I think he has a gorgeous voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Simon Cowell was the Zayn Whisperer. Are they seperate now?

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2018 10:28 PM

It's called contralto.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2018 2:20 AM

SImon Cowell is a creepy drunken midget. Too bad he plays for our team, shame.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2018 4:33 AM

Zayn needs better cock

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2018 4:44 AM

I love Zayn's voice. But he is more appealing when he sings traditional R&B. Its the only time he expresses real emotion in his music.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2018 4:50 AM

r99 ugh those are the worst ones!

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2018 5:25 AM

Zain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 3, 2018 8:32 PM

Zayn released a fifth single from his unreleased album today and it is dreadful. He sings about being too stoned to text: 'cos my fingers ain't working but my heart is/ if you just let me know where you are Gee/I could come and love you.'

The single, like the two previous ones, didn't chart anywhere. Zayn is over and it's all his own fault for refusing to promote or sing live.

by Anonymousreply 104October 27, 2018 4:39 PM

Does he want to collaborate? I'm also watching my career in freefall.

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2018 5:02 PM

Zayn is a closeted homosexual, that's why he's self destructing.

by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2018 5:07 PM

I agree, R106. Straight men don’t suffer from depression or anxiety. What do they have to be depressed about? What causes their anxiety? Nothing. I’m sorry but they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 107October 27, 2018 6:38 PM

Album got quite excellent reviews and its a trip. Don't count him out musically. Though he seems to be dissipating away.

by Anonymousreply 108January 3, 2019 1:13 AM

Zayn is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2019 4:37 AM

Time to set up an Onlyfans account.

by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Janet is being inducted into the RRHOF and is headlining Glasto. She is fine.

That said, a collab with Zain would be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2019 4:40 AM

Harry Styles is washed up and Liam is too busy chowing down on dick to put out other music. The others are forgettable. Sure Zayn might be a drug addict now but he will clean up. I think he will continue to put music out for a very long time

by Anonymousreply 112February 7, 2019 6:13 PM

Makes me sad. On another note, if he needs a Daddy to adopt him and "take care" of him, I'd be delighted. This boy is HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 7, 2019 7:03 PM

Harry's tour was in the top 20 tours of 2018 so how the fuck is that 'washed up'?

Lame Zayn promises to tour but never does.

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2019 5:11 AM

Does he have a manager yet ?

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2019 6:13 AM

R115, no.

by Anonymousreply 116February 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Well that must be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 117February 17, 2019 3:36 AM

Zayn was gorgeous and talented when he was in 1d. He has gone downhill since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 17, 2019 4:10 AM

Yes, he was.

by Anonymousreply 119February 17, 2019 4:15 AM

He can careeer fall on my cock

by Anonymousreply 120February 17, 2019 7:19 AM

Zayn is still very attractive, esp with his new collar length hair. His album already has 700m streams but there is no sign of the promised tour.

by Anonymousreply 121February 18, 2019 5:42 AM

None of the boy band boys of any era are good solo artists. Justin Timberlake alone should have gotten the blame for Nipplegate instead of Janet.

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2019 9:51 AM

Z's career is over.

by Anonymousreply 123March 4, 2019 3:47 AM

I guess he'll just have to fall back on the many millions from his boy band days.

by Anonymousreply 124March 4, 2019 4:02 AM

I want to come all over his face

by Anonymousreply 125March 4, 2019 4:09 AM

aint he a skinny junkie now and broke?

by Anonymousreply 126March 4, 2019 5:54 AM

r126 at least his face is not like a spavined mule

by Anonymousreply 127March 4, 2019 6:04 PM

meanwhile harry styles' tender buthole took 340 cocks so he could co host the met gala

by Anonymousreply 128March 4, 2019 6:34 PM

Whoa, Zayn had an epic meltdown on Twitter tonight and last night. Eight tweets in all, telling the world to go fuck themselves in seven different ways, plus one tweet defending Gigi because people originally thought the first 'fuck you' tweets were aimed at her.

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2019 2:11 AM

Nah, Gucci paid for him to do so, R128

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2019 2:33 AM

R130 is putting the cart before the horse.

Harry = 7 years of being a fashion leader. Iconic look from 2012-15 which changed the face of men's fashion from low rise combats to black ripped skinny jeans.

Gucci = decide they want a piece of this trend setter so sign him up for two legendary campaigns.

Anna Wintour = agrees Harry Styles is a fashion leader and selects him as Co Chair

by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2019 4:25 PM

anna wintour raped harry styles. he liked it

by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2019 5:34 PM

Lardtard Niall.

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2019 3:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!