Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Batgirl Movie Rumor: 'Kristen Stewart Prototype' Wanted For Barbara Gordon

Warner Bros' upcoming Batgirl movie is rumored to be looking to hire Kristen Stewart - or someone like her - for the role of Barbara Gordon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2018 6:09 AM

More bad choices by Warner Bros. Stewart = flop.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2018 1:30 AM

I don't know, maybe she could do a passable job? She's a better actor than Affleck, at least.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2018 1:58 AM

With her sloppy posture?

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2018 2:05 AM

I <3 her

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2018 2:05 AM

She is too fucking old to play Barbara Gordon.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2018 2:06 AM

She's been great in so many movies recently and I don't think she was bad in Twilight I have read the books and she was just like Bella in the books.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2018 2:07 AM

Barbra Gordon actress in Gotham TV series is 32

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2018 2:07 AM

No no no, please not K-Stiff, how lazy a choice. Dig deeper, there has to be some unknown stunner out there ie: G. Gadot.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Kristen Stewart is 28 that's not old, I think that's still young adult. I'm just not sure if she could embody her as she would need to be a lot livelier.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2018 2:10 AM

R8 Gadot is stunner? lol

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2018 2:11 AM

Oh yes, Gadot for every female superhero.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2018 2:14 AM

How about me?! I'm still in my prime and itching to do another movie again.

Pow! Slam! Crack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 2:16 AM

I know Stewart gets a lot of good reviews now that she’s moping in French art films instead of dumb vampire romances, but even if she has improved — which is debatable — that doesn’t mean she’s right for superhero movies. It’s a different skill set. I wouldn’t put Saoirse Ronan or Michelle Williams in those type of roles, and they’re subtle performers I actually enjoy.

She’s the female version of young Keanu. Auteurs love her because she’s a blank who won’t overpower a director’s vision. But unlike Keanu, she’d be awful doing action.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2018 2:34 AM

She was good in that action comedy film directed by Iranian Director

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2018 2:43 AM

R13 if she has improved — which is debatable

She has and she was good even before Twilight films. I have watched her earlier films like Speak, The Cake Eaters, The Yellow Handkerchief and she's good in those films.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2018 2:47 AM

Welcome to the Rileys is my favorite Kristen Stewart film

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2018 2:51 AM

She's passable in a very limited range of roles. She can't do much outside of those angsty, itchy, ermahgawd I'm so deep characters. For all her seemingly bought and paid for critical praise, she never really adds much to a role.

Granted, a WB Batgirl isn't likely to be much of a stretch, but Stewart doesn't have the charisma to sell it either.

Bad idea all around.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2018 2:51 AM

Anyone who thinks she’s a good actress is a diesel dyke thinking with her lady ham

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2018 2:55 AM

She's no Emily Watson but she's good and better than recent Oscar winners Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence etc

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2018 2:56 AM

The perpetually glum Stewart is all wrong for the lighter approach DC is reportedly seeking for its next slate of movies.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2018 2:57 AM

Stewart couldn't be more wrong.

I've never see her play anything but a passive, indifferent whiner, who the hell would believe that such a mopey bitch could care do deeply about a cause that she'd risk her life for it?

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2018 3:38 AM

Re KStew: I don't remember Barbara being a mumbler who cradles a mug.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2018 4:35 AM

R22 Says the Tom mumbleno Hardy fangirl

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2018 2:22 AM

Why not Andreja Pejic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2018 2:35 AM

no!!!!!

her dum shit face equal flop dud mess

no

by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2018 3:27 AM

Kristin Stewart? Does Warner Brothers want the movie to suck?

She is bland and she's a shitty actress and she's ugly

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2018 3:44 AM

Perhaps WB/DC hopes by hiring 'Bella' to play one of their heroes, she will rope in the Twilight fans. An attempt at a merging of comic fanboys and Twihards, with the latter's disposable income and obsession with the stars of that series, to build a fan base.

Next step, RPattz will be hired to play Ted Kord or Dick Greyson and Lautner as Kyle Rainer.

by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2018 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!