Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oregon woman finds mountain lion in her home, says she used telepathic images to get it to leave

Lauren Taylor, of Ashland, Ore., came home Sunday, July 8, to find an intruding mountain lion taking a snooze behind the sofa in her living room.

"This is wild," Taylor wrote in a Facebook post. "There's a mountain lion in our living room."

Sure enough, in multiple photographs and videos, the mountain lion can be seen taking a late-night snooze on Taylor’s living room floor behind the couch. The photos, which many appear to be taken of the cat from up close, raise the question of why Taylor took the potentially dangerous risk of getting too close to a wild animal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2018 8:50 AM

I tried to read the article, but got sick of trying to read it through all the pop up ads. Why on earth did she leave her door open, which allowed the mountain lion to come in?!?

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]Why on earth did she leave her door open, which allowed the mountain lion to come in?!?

Well for one, this women is clearly batshit insane. Why you expect rational behavior out of her I do not know.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2018 11:46 PM

I actually love.what this woman did. I know it sounds out there, but it worked out for her and the lion.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2018 11:56 PM

R3, I do, too. She wanted to be sure the cat wasn't hurt, and was able to leave peacefully. I'm so glad she didn't call an animal control officer, or the cat probably wouldn't have survived.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2018 12:11 AM

Did she have a super religious mother who was extremely psychotic and later went to prom only to get publicly humiliated after being crowned Prom Queen?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2018 12:12 AM

The cat sensed the nice frau was off her rockers and felt it was better to leave.

Bet her love life is much the same.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2018 12:15 AM

Weird behavior there, could be rabid. Also the mountain lion.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2018 12:36 AM

Lol, love you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2018 12:41 AM

Other reports state that the mountain lion napped behind the couch for SIX HOURS.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2018 12:50 AM

The only spirit guide this bitch channeled was Andy Warhol.

"Give it a sleeping pill-laced meatball and take a bunch of pictures for viral distribution. It'll be GREAT!"

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2018 12:51 AM

I can't wait for the crazy copycats who get their faces scratched viciously while screaming "Why doesn't it work like it did for her?????".

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2018 12:55 AM

Very cute, cuddly mountain lion. Glad that all are safe and sound, including the big cat, and that she used her own methods to get it out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 1:08 AM

Can I come over to your home tonight for a sleep over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2018 1:10 AM

It’s a pity they can kill a person (not that they do often or without provocation) because they look like big, sweet cats and I, being a moron, would want to cuddle it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2018 1:18 AM

Cat flaps.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2018 1:24 AM

Am I the only one thinking this could’ve turned into a Darwin Award winner?

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2018 3:59 AM

She's lucky she didn't get her face ripped off, damn fool.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2018 6:07 AM

She's like Aquaman, only she commands mountain creatures rather than undersea ones!

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2018 6:30 AM

R18 So, she's like Dr. Doolittle, then.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2018 6:55 AM

That kitty looked so cute and sleepy. I would have been mauled to death cuz I wouldn't have been able to resist trying to pet it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2018 6:57 AM

She blinked the cat out of her house?

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2018 7:13 AM

That's not a cute cuddly kitty. That's a wild animal. THIS is a cute cuddly kitty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2018 7:20 AM

And THIS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2018 7:22 AM

I think I would have left the door wide open and vacated the house for a couple of days, give it a chance to leave on its own. It's not like it would have wanted to stick around permanently (most likely).

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2018 7:22 AM

R18, so by your reasoning, she’s PUSSY WOMAN!

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2018 7:26 AM

Precious when they're babies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2018 7:29 AM

Dumb bitch.

Cool pictures, gorgeous kitty, but why risk your life like that?

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2018 7:58 AM

Did she almost-headbutt it like these two guys are doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2018 8:00 AM

She will be blessed for not harming the precious little citizen and for dealing with her sanely.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2018 8:04 AM

Love the story but did you notice the ad for a new antipsychotic in the original story? Right next to the kitty pics.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2018 8:16 AM

I never thought I'd give MPC/Erna a WW, but life is strange sometimes at 3:47 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2018 8:47 AM

[quote] “When I made noise, [the mountain lion] woke up and looked startled so I consciously raised my frequency, gazed lovingly into her eyes, and communicated using feline-speak eye blinking to calm her,” she said.

[quote] “It was a perfect ending to a blessed encounter that could have been dangerous if approached from a lower frequency,” said Taylor.

How did she “raise her frequency”?

I’d love to see a video of this woman “feline-speak eye blinking”.

God, I’m reading this and probably staring into my future.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2018 9:07 AM

Oregon. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2018 9:08 AM

She speaks cat. I would have loved to see this kitty live.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2018 9:09 AM

Does all this frequency talk refer to dominance? Like... when she raised her frequency she asserted dominance over the cat?

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2018 9:22 AM

I get the blinking thing, it’s a sign of affection or pleasure in felines. Anyone who has a cat knows the slow blink body language.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2018 9:23 AM

The cat probably never had such a soft, luxurious bed to nap on, and will spend the rest of its life looking for more.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2018 9:30 AM

Uh oh... the cat's got a taste for soft beds. Better to put it down.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2018 9:37 AM

Pretty once it got a whiff of the foul stench comming from her pussy and ran.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2018 9:38 AM

Poor mountain lion was injured and sick so couldn't live in the wild or in a zoo. Guess what happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2018 9:45 AM

Mountain lion could have been pregnant and seeking temporary shelter.

All animals have an extraordinarily acute sense of smell. The mountain lion probably smelled that the woman had been around a lot of other animals and therefore did not try and harm her. This is a scientifically proven fact.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2018 9:53 AM

[quote] In a video taken by the woman, you can hear her banging on a drum to a steady beat from a safe, elevated position inside her home.

This might actually be a smart strategy. Create repetitive banging sounds to annoy an animal enough to leave.

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2018 9:57 AM

And why doesn’t it surprise me that this new-age, kumbaya woman had a drum handy in her house...

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2018 9:59 AM

We hope Messi has a long and happy life with his loving family!

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2018 10:06 AM

Why would she assume he couldn't easily get to an elevated position in her house? Mountain lions can climb anything. That's not safe unless she was sitting behind glass or metal bars.

And this is hilarious. Straight out of a episode of Portlandia. (Only in the show, for comedic effect, she would have been chased out of her own house):

[quote]When I made noise, [the mountain lion] woke up and looked startled so I consciously raised my frequency, gazed lovingly into her eyes, and communicated using feline-speak eye blinking to calm her,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2018 10:07 AM

Can't wait for Erna to wake up and find out someone is impersonating him. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2018 10:08 AM

The cat may have decided she was a friend. If she often left the door open, it may have gone in at other times.

I used to have a friend who left her door wide open all the time...any kind of critter could have walked in and once she got angry because a raccoon came in. Drunk.

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2018 10:22 AM

KITTEH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2018 10:23 AM

Darlings, I left the door open in my doublewide and all sorts of nature came my way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2018 10:24 AM

All she did was assure that that cat will be back on the regular. She practically put out a welcome mat.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2018 10:33 AM

Does she leave the door open normally?

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2018 10:36 AM

R50, Why do you believe that to be true? It's not as if she made the cat din-din? Or at least offer a drink of water?

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2018 10:38 AM

I love the way he lounges on the couch.

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2018 11:00 AM

The irony of Erna: loves pussy, hates fish.

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2018 11:40 AM

Regarding the feline slow-blink body language thing...

Once I was hiking alone, and I saw a wild bobcat sitting a few feet from the trail. I stopped and looked at it, and it looked back, and I did the slow blink that's a sign of affection and trust among domestic cats. The bobcat sat quietly and gave me a slow blink back! So we both sat still, enjoying the quiet afternoon, blinking at each other in cat fashion, until some other damn humans came along and spoiled the moment.

So yes, it's possible that the blinking thing worked to assure the mountain lion that this human was friendly, and no threat. Which is great, if the lion isn't hungry.

by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2018 12:25 PM

I found a big beetle in my home the other day. It looked menacing so I'm sorry to say I crushed it to death rather than trying to up my frequency and drum it out of my home.

by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2018 12:32 PM

The woman is crazy but I still love this story. I want to cuddle with the kitty.

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2018 12:52 PM

Just do your Rachel Maddow voice:

[quote]Nighttime in the Santa Cruz mountains. A mountain lion sprawls on the forest floor, happily noshing on a freshly killed deer. The wind in the trees is the only sound, the moon the only illumination.

[quote]Then political commentator Rachel Maddow's voice fills the clearing: “Last Friday, three days after Bobby Jindal quit …" The lion lifts its head, and its eyes, glowing in the scant light, look right toward a hidden camera. Then the creature turns tail and flees. It's gone before Maddow even finishes her sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2018 12:44 AM

DARK LESBIANS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2018 1:00 AM

She just released new video of the lion leaving her house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2018 1:48 AM

This headline instantly made me think of Jumanji

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Animal communicators operate like this. Glad it worked out.

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2018 1:53 AM

This is the same animal that killed the fat. Black Trans cis something cyclist recently, remember? Who called herself “they”?Biggles? Rubbles? Good thing the drum lady mind melded with it or whatever. I guess this is how you should behave when you want to live. That’s some rhythmic drumming though.

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2018 2:07 AM

But Sheena did it first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2018 3:41 AM

I love you, R60

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2018 7:11 AM

Phht. Real "animal communicators" operate like this -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2018 4:30 PM

[Quote]The cat sensed the nice frau was off her rockers and felt it was better to leave. Bet her love life is much the same.

😂😂😂😂

[Quote]Weird behavior there, could be rabid. Also the mountain lion.

😂😂😂😂

R6 and R7 I love you. Please don't ever change.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2018 8:27 PM

Wow, Muriel has resurrected the tag system, cool beans!

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2018 8:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!