Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sean Spicer confirms Trump’s pro-LGBTQ stance during convention speech was all a scam

Sean Spicer’s new book, The Briefing: Politics, The Press, and The President, is spilling the beans on the Trump administration and one of the passages reveals what LGBTQ people have known all along. President Trump’s support for the LGBT community during his campaign was a sham.

Spicer describes the lengths the campaign went to in an effort to nullify the “Never Trumpers” that opposed his nomination. The group of moderate Republicans had signed and circulated a petition saying they would never accept Trump as the party’s delegate.

“[Trump campaign chairman Paul] Manafort and his lieutenants went one by one down the list of people who had signed the petition and persuaded them to remove their signatures,” Spicer writes.

“How Manafort and company did this was a scene out of 1950s politics — alternating between carrot and stick and sometimes bat, even, at one point, conveniently making the convention’s parliamentarian unavailable to keep the opposition from formally submitting their petition.”

The last holdout on the list was Robert Sinners, a delegate from DC originally bound to support John Kasich. Senior Trump communications advisor Jason Miller took the lead on finding out what Sinners wanted in exchange for supporting Trump.

Sinners said he wanted Trump to support gay rights. When Miller offered up a mention on LGBT rights during Trump’s acceptance speech, it sealed the deal.

“Jason assured Sinners that Trump would be the most ‘inclusive’ candidate the Republican Party ever had,” Spicer writes.

“This is your moment, Robert,” Miller told Sinners, according Spicer’s book. “You can deliver this.”

“Jason told Sinners Donald Trump’s acceptance speech would acknowledge the LGBT[Q] community, which no other Republican acceptance speech had done,” Spicer writes. “And it did.”

“As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” Trump said in his speech referencing the mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando by a radical Muslim.

Since winning the election, Trump has become the worst president on LGBT rights as he panders to the evangelical right.

Under his leadership, the government has yanked nondiscrimination protections for employees, argued in court that businesses and schools can discriminate against LGBT people, erased mentions of LGBTQ people from government websites and materials, and attempted to ban transgender people from serving in the military

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2018 12:05 AM

I am that bitch. Find a local candidate you like and canvass, donate, door bell, phone bank. In my state the primary is August 7. Dem AGs can file lawsuits, Secretaries of State process votes. Every seat matters.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2018 9:06 PM

And the "liberal" media totally bought it. Hook, line and sinker...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2018 9:10 PM

Yup, R2.

The Trump campaign succeeded in pulling a fast one.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2018 10:05 PM

Was that a Maggie Haberman story at R2's link?

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2018 10:08 PM

I'm sure the LCR will come up with some lame-ass "excuse" for this. But the gay Deplorables will probably never see the light as they are just as consumed with hating brown people as their straight counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2018 10:10 PM

No shit

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2018 10:11 PM

Oh come on. Who in their right mind believed any of that Trump horse shit. If you see his mouth moving, it’s a lie.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2018 10:15 PM

And yet some gay friends on my social media still think Trump can do no wrong. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2018 10:25 PM

R8, have they not been following how many right-wing judges Trump has been appointing?

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2018 10:30 PM

If you think this doesn't go on with all politicians, you are very naive.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2018 11:16 PM

Nobody believes what Trump says, but his supporters use his lies to hide their own bigotry and claim they side with him, because of the obviousl bullshit lies.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2018 11:30 PM

I wish Vlad Putain would release the tape of Trump and The Pee Pee Girls.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2018 12:28 AM

[quote] And yet some gay friends on my social media still think Trump can do no wrong

They watched his tv show and thought it was real. They think he’s a real character. That’s what I get from people. Like “Trump is cool, yo! He’s so awesome cuz he’s rich and has a huge company and a hot daughter who is also cool. He tells it like it is. He speaks his mind.” Meanwhile, he was literally reciting lines written for him on the show, not “speaking his mind.” But they will not let go of their image of a Trump as a cool, rich, savvy entrepreneur.

It’s hilarious that Trump is going after the media because the media created Trump. From the very first lazy ass gossip columnists who believed his lies to business mags believing his self-stated wealth without checking, to greedy “authors” who wrote his books for him, to NBC for his fake tv show, to cable news and NY Times for following him incessant,y through his campaign, giving him headlines and free publicity every single day. Instead of reporting his corrupt past, they reported whatever outrageous thing he said that day.

Anyone who voted for a man who stalked Hillary Clinton onstage, physically intimidating her, is a fucking turd.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2018 3:38 AM

Piggy Trump not even fit to eat people food

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2018 4:03 AM

[quote]They watched his tv show and thought it was real. They think he’s a real character. That’s what I get from people. Like “Trump is cool, yo! He’s so awesome cuz he’s rich and has a huge company and a hot daughter who is also cool. He tells it like it is. He speaks his mind.”

And he's CLASSY, don't forget. He EXUDES class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2018 4:09 AM

to paraphrase george carlin: " think how stupid the average gay person is and then remember that half are even stupider" they totally bought that alpha male bullshit.

greatest con man ever

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2018 4:15 AM

Is Spicer gay?

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2018 4:19 AM

OMG WHAT A SURPRISE

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2018 4:24 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2018 5:11 AM

I, for one, am shocked!

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2018 5:19 AM

R20 Seriously, what is Scott's deal? Daddy issues? Just plain old insanity?

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2018 5:26 AM

Spicer is a POZ bear

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Most people in the LGBT community have been knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2018 5:17 PM

Have the twinks for trumps killed themselves yet?

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]Anyone who voted for a man who stalked Hillary Clinton onstage, physically intimidating her, is a fucking turd.

Remember when Nigel Farage praised Trump for stalking Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2018 11:55 PM

I actually had many gay Repug friends change and vote Hillary and Dem for good with his rise.

OTOH, the ones who don't either come from a very religious family or are very racist. One is so triggered by immigration yet he's had more brown cock in him than a Maria.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2018 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!