Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Papa Markle spills the dirt, it's getting juicy

“My thing about my daughter right now is that I think she is terrified,” he told The Sun. “I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This one isn’t even a stage smile — this is a pained smile.”

Thomas essentially describes the royal family as a cult with antique practices, lamenting, “Why in 2018 are we dressing like the 1930s? Why do they have to cover their knees?” He added that he feels as though Meghan is under “too much pressure” and that there is “a high price to pay to be married to that family.”

“Since the [first] interview, the phone number that I call doesn’t work anymore. The, I guess, liaison with the royal family never answers back, and there’s no address I can write to, so I have no way of contacting my daughter,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503August 20, 2018 8:05 PM

Ridiculous. She lives in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace. He can send a letter there addressed to her. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2018 3:04 AM

Here. The whole world knows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote]Why do they have to cover their knees?” He added that he feels as though Meghan is under “too much pressure” and that there is “a high price to pay to be married to that family.”

What the fuck pressure is she under? To pop out a baby before her eggs dry up? Her job is to go out and socialize with people. What kind of pressure is that other than you have to wear nice clothes and smile all the time.

And he's worried about Meghan wearing skirts that cover her knees? Really? She will be secure for life. Never have to worry about going hungry or being without shelter. Call us when she has to perform nightly sex acts with Prince Philip. Then we'll be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2018 3:08 AM

That side of the family just can’t take a hint, can they?

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2018 3:09 AM

She should know ghosting him isn't going to work, just do a quick visit with him but make sure you don't tell him anything he could use to run to the tabloids. He was good enough for her before she met Harry. She should have paid Papa off before the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2018 3:25 AM

R3 - speaking of Philip and sex acts . . . I have heard for years that the BRF managed to find and scrub a great deal of information about how badly he treated the Queen and how he started being unfaithful to her with anyone he could find shortly after they were married, from scullery maids to duchesses. I have searched the Internet but cannot find anything except the usual unprovable rumours about a few escapades.

There was also apparently a profile of him in The New Yorker (yes, The New Yorker) that told some quite ugly truths about him in this regard, and that got scrubbed, too.

Would be interesting to see if there is any truth in those rumours.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2018 1:22 PM

[quote]I have heard for years that the BRF managed to find and scrub a great deal of information about how badly he treated the Queen and how he started being unfaithful to her

I think it was an open secret, which one of those royal watchers like Kitty Kelley made public, that he had a small London flat where he would entertain women.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2018 1:30 PM

Honey Boo Boo meets the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2018 1:41 PM

Who cares. Enough with this constant Markle dissin!

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Sad 😞 :(

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Isn’t there a tunnel in Paris with daddy Markel’s name on it?

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2018 4:03 PM

No r11 but the Channel Tunnel might accommodate a man of his girth.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2018 4:07 PM

Her smile? I'm worried about her mustache.

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2018 4:21 PM

Are all the anti-Markle threads created by the visiting Nazis? I can't fathom why anyone would be so invested in bitching about her constantly.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2018 4:26 PM

R14 - remind us how many threads we have on Sam Heughan?

The fact is, Sparkle and the Markles have provided us with an unanticipated lode of fashion and family drama. I fail to see why we shouldn't enjoy ourselves. Who knew the family would prove to be so entertainingly and openly dysfunctional, and Sparkle's wardrobe choices so absurd?

It's Dallas at the Palace.

If that's your version of Nazism, you really need to get out and travel more.

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2018 5:26 PM

I know nothing about her except she married Prince Harry but the way she is bashed reminds me of Diana and Fergie. They put one on a pedestal for some reason and ripped the other at every turn.

I don’t care about these people.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2018 5:47 PM

the only terrifying thing is the look of beach bum Dad Markle running to the buffet table.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2018 5:47 PM

I think she has a beautiful smile.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2018 5:53 PM

She's probably upset that her scumbag father keeps talking to tabloids about her.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2018 5:55 PM

Her white trash family is just a gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2018 5:58 PM

You've got to feel sorry for her. There's her mum keeping tight lipped. There's her dad giving embarrassing interviews left right and centre. She must dred opening up the newspapers in the morning.

I don't blame her not having any contact with her dad for the moment. He's clearly an embarrassment to her.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2018 6:01 PM

I love this dad! Keep going! 😊

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2018 6:21 PM

Harry is stupid. Meghan is smart. Harry got played.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote]Harry is stupid. Meghan is smart. Harry got played.

We'll see who gets played in the end.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2018 6:52 PM

Dad is clearly close to mentally ill. His daughter should help him out with a little money -- he is clearly struggling. The whole thing is very sad.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2018 7:14 PM

Kudos to pops for calling monarchy a cult.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2018 7:39 PM

This woman was forced to forfeit a career she clearly cared about and people here asks what kind of pressure she's under. Are you all blind or something? This is exactly the definition of a cult. Why can't a modern woman be an actress and marry a royal? What's so inherently evil about that?

The answer is simple, because these monarchs are stuck in the 15th century and act exactly like he said, like a fucking cult. The fact people stopped their lives to applaud this is appalling to me.

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2018 7:44 PM

R27 - no one "forced" Nutmeg to do anything. She freely gave up her D-list career to hobnob all over the world with her Ginger Prince under the guise of "charity".

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2018 7:48 PM

[quote]Are all the anti-Markle threads created by the visiting Nazis? I can't fathom why anyone would be so invested in bitching about her constantly.

A different flavor of alt-right -- a Zionist Jew who obviously hates black people. It's been verified by another DLer. I forget the name of the alt-right forum, but this creature posts links so like-minded people can come here, and I'm sure many of the neo-nazis love nothing more than to criticize the Black interloper who had the nerve to marry into a (white) royal family.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2018 7:48 PM

R27 she manoeuvred herself into this position. She wasn’t coerced, drafted or kidnapped. She chose it. I’m not sure how much simpler it can be explained to you.

She was an aging supporting actress on an unknown cable show not an Oscar contender.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2018 9:12 PM

OP does not deliver promised "dirt" or "juiciness."

Grade: F

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2018 9:13 PM

R27 - "Forced" FORCED??!!!!!

You're joking, right?!

You think Harry abducted her and locked her in a dark room till she agreed to marry him?! The woman was so hot to marry him and turn herself into a royal that she virtually announced an engagement before there wasn't one, in that Vanity Fair article, putting Harry in the position of looking like a cad if he then broke up with her. If anyone was cornered, it was Harry the Dim and His Wandering Dick.

As for that career she liked: Meghan Markle at 35 had been trying for 15 years to be an A-Lister, and at 36, the farthest she'd gotten was ONE DECENT ROLE as a secondary character in a non-network show out of Toronto that was something of a joke, and that she'd been doing for 7 years. At that age, she knew perfectly well that her limited talents weren't going to get her any further and she'd be competing with real ingenues ten years younger than she for the ingenue roles she would still have wanted.

Then the SS Harry Windsor sailed into port, and voila! No more 4am makeup calls, no more anxieties about aging out because in her business, 36 may as well be 50 for woman, and a life of luxury, privilege, status, deference, a $500,000 wardrobe, lux vacays, beautiful homes . . . all paid for by someone else.

Forced, my arse. She wanted him and that HRH and all that luxury and status so badly she could taste it.

Jesus - that gets the prize for the most bizarre post of any that have been put up about these two.

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2018 9:23 PM

Unlike many of you I couldn't care less about monarchy so I don't follow this shit. That being said, I did read that she was being forced to give that up and wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

On a side note, some people here are completely out of touch with reality. This woman had a career, you don't have to be an A-lister to have a career in filmmaking. You do realize hundreds of actors are required for a movie or tv show and most of them are not A-listers yet have steady jobs and thus a career?

I bet most of you have bosses (the A-listers of our field) and yet you still consider yourself with a career, don't you?

Well I didn't expect any less delusion from people gushing over royalty, something any real democracy should be embarrassed to espouse.

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2018 9:45 PM

Zero sympathy for her. She intentionally took on a “job” that merged her personal and professional lives - ensuring nothing in her life is private and she would be held to impossible standards and publicly humiliated. Why? She wanted it - the money and the fame. Any “suffering” on her part was a conscious and intentional trade-off to get what she wanted. Not talking to her father is symbolic of the sociopathic social climber and schemer that she is. She accomplished her goal and will have to work at it every day for the rest of her life - congrats Megs.

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2018 9:49 PM

Well I’m not very interested in the royal family. I’m British and my gran and the other oldies used to love them, not so sure if younger folk are that bothered. I dont know why anyone feels sorry for her though. She’s won the lottery ! From some shite tv show not many people watched to marrying into the royal family ! The girls played an absolute blinder. Good luck to her ! Her family are rather trashy though. My family are totally fucked up but even I have enough I at least tolerate on special occasions so could have filled a pew. I thought that was quite sad actually. Marrying a prince and only have one relative there is quite surprising. I think she’s very pretty, but there is something about her I don’t quite like. I don’t like the way she seems to have ghosted people. Time will tell I guess.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2018 9:55 PM

Asking the question r33, how exactly was she “forced”?

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2018 9:55 PM

Keep talking, Tom ....fun to see all the trash on display.

And anything that triggers Sparkle's fans is okay with me!

That said, gurl is as tacky as her old man.

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2018 9:55 PM

R33 - what you "read" was that you can't really be a working actress and a senior royal at the same time. Actresses have to take off their clothes and make love to actors onscreen, for starters, and you don't get to lap up all that privilege but split your time between your "career" and your work on behalf of the monarchy and the nation to which you have applied for citizenship.

She went after, was offered, and accepted, the role of a lifetime: global fame, royal status, wealth, privilege, her face on magazine covers on a daily basis, and a level of cushioning against the slings and arrows that few on this planet enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2018 10:01 PM

R29 - I take it back, R32 doesn't get the prize for most bizarre post ever on these two: yours does.

by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2018 10:04 PM

It’s like there’s already an army of sugars setting up the victimhood narrative to be in place before the inevitable divorce. Whether that’s going to be because of revelations about her past or Harry just being bored and fucking around is anybody’s guess but it certainly looks like it. “Forced” to give up her shitty career. Dear fucking god that is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2018 10:06 PM

She looks like she's about to cry in that picture. "WTF have I done? And how do I get myself out of it now." She's bound to ask the questions of herself. Diana and Fergie certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2018 10:13 PM

[quote] the way she is bashed reminds me of Diana and Fergie. They put one on a pedestal for some reason and ripped the other at every turn.

The gossip rags/sites set these up to sell papers/ get clicks.

The interesting thing is why people take part in it so happily. Like here on DL and other viper pits.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2018 10:57 PM

[quote] Why can't a modern woman be an actress and marry a royal?

You can but you have to be white like Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2018 12:01 AM

We need a Papa Can You Hear Me gif right about now.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2018 12:05 AM

Maybe this dream happened because I read too much DL but anyway: I dreamed I came across an exhausted Meghan, who had removed herself from a royal gathering. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" I asked. She gave an eyeroll, wrinkled her nose and turned her head away slightly. Awkward silence. "Am I allowed to even speak first to you?" I asked, then I retreated, like "oh well, she wants to be left alone. Poor overworked thing." And I came across Harry, who was, to my notice, sneaking feels and kisses to a different woman on his left while his entourage was distracted by some spectacle. Later the woman and Harry were alone and he was nipping playfully at her lips with his teeth inbetween kisses.

I wonder if he's already cheating on his new Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2018 12:08 AM

What a bunch of hysterical ninnies. People see a few photos and think they know her. They read a few stories and think they are experts on her family and his feelings. Completely absurd.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote]I wonder if he's already cheating on his new Duchess.

There's always a Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2018 12:39 AM

R43 - Grace Kelly did give up her (far more successful) film career to marry royalty, too. Maybe you should do some research before posting. And as for comparison between a D-lister with limited talent to a major film star who had already won a Best Actress Oscar, worked with Hitchcock, starred with the likes of Cary Grant, Jimmy Steward, William Holden, and Bing Crosby, and was, to boot, one of the legendary beauties of the 20th century, is even more comical than Sparkle's pathetic attempts to mimic Audrey Hepburn.

And yeah, the Oscar winning internationally renowned white beauty Grace Kelly . . . left her film career behind to become Princess of Monaco.

You have any other candidates to offer as White Actresses Who Married Into Top Tier Royalty But Kept Making Movies?

And, oh, P.S.: Meghan Markle was a television actress, not a film star.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote][R29] - I take it back, [R32] doesn't get the prize for most bizarre post ever on these two: yours does.

Wow that was super convincing

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2018 1:07 AM

According to that sappy/soapy movie about their "romance" Megan pretended she wanted to continue working. Harry convinced the RF that he was on board with going to Canada and the US. They didn't stop him. After they had been together in Toronto for a short time, Megan came home from work one evening and told him she'd quit her job and was ready to move to London and do the whole royal thing.

That was what she was going to do all along. She's played him perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2018 2:13 AM

R49 - there is no such things as "convincing" as an argument to people who post things with a phrase like "a Zionist Jew who clearly hates black people" and state "confirmed by another DLer but I forget . . ."

That's just flat out hate speech. End of. My on its absurdity stands.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2018 1:09 PM

She changed her phone number so he can't call? Wow.

He has nothing juicy to say here. He has no inside info since he's no longer in contact with her. All he can do is speculate, just like the rest of us. Since he has no content to sell, he's now creating some content by creating conflict. And his last couple of interviews have proven that he's willing to sell her personal feelings and other info. Therefore, she can no longer talk to him, for fear that he'll record the conversation and sell it. Or that he'll embellish his recount of the conversation.

It's odd that a loving father would act this way...even if she did dump him for not being "acceptable" enough. A loving father would try to understand and take what he could get in terms of communication. Rather than threatening her. I think there's something deeper going on here.

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2018 1:38 PM

The MI6 brakes team need to liase with the CIA about introducing him to Diana.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2018 1:52 PM

You know that train wreck Di was more useful to the RF alive, yes? Before her unearned martyrdom she was regularly dragged in the press for her bad choices in men, her histrionics and her many adulteries. That was pure honey for the RF. She gets in a car with a drunk driver and doesn’t wear a seat belt and suddenly she’s Saint Diana.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2018 1:58 PM

I think she looks unhappy because of the criticism of her clothing. Her branding was her specialty, now she gets to wear Prada and Givenchy, and obviously she thinks she looks great. And she obviously thinks her hair looks great or she wouldn't wear it like that. I think she thought she was the new Diana and she can't even eclipse Kate. As we have seen in real video, the brits are only interested in Harry when they meet crowds, not her.

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2018 1:59 PM

The father has no dirt to dish up. He doesn’t know anything, he’s just speculating about royal life and gets interviews because of who he is.

Meghan has had her one big TV role. She’s a competent actress but nothing special and she’s 37 next month. Nothing wrong with that, but she will start moving into the “Mum” bracket with teenage children for roles even at that age, with how Hollywood works. She had no guarantee of securing a role like Rachel in Suits again. Yes, she has retired from acting, but even in a fevered conspiracy-theory mind that says this isn’t the love match of the century, this is, ultimately, all her choice, and she didn’t have to marry Harry. She agreed to whatever deal was made.

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2018 2:06 PM

[quote] Thomas essentially describes the royal family as a cult with antique practices

He's not wrong - the Royal Family [italic]is[/italic] a CULT. They are the official head of the Church of England (CoE). Which was created by Henry VIII for the sole purpose of getting rid of his first wife. Just so that he could wife up Anne Boleyn - and then kill her.

The main reason the CoE was established was to allow Henry VIII to have 6 wives in quick succession (and kill 2 of them) - without facing any more blame & criticism from the Roman Catholic Church (who had him ex-communicated).

[bold]The Royal Family is the British version of the mainstream Mormons.[/bold] Neither practice bigamy anymore, but their general protocol towards females is basically the same. A Royal female's main role is to breed children, she must change religion to CoE (which Markle did), discouraged from having a real career - only charity work, must cover up limbs and wear pantyhose, must curtsy to main Family members, must walk behind the male heir, etc).

by Anonymousreply 57July 17, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]That's just flat out hate speech. End of. My on its absurdity stands.

Says the person who links these threads on an alt-right forum and rings the dinner bell

by Anonymousreply 58July 17, 2018 2:37 PM

Markle might as well have married into a rich Mormon Family like the Duggards or the Romneys. She'd be taken care off financially as well, wouldn't have to work (just charity work for The Church and perhaps some TV appearances). The only prerequisite would be for her to convert to Mormonism (like her speedy, half-blind conversion to Church of England). Her main role in life would be to smile in public and breed, just like her current situation.

Was none of Romney's sons single and available?

by Anonymousreply 59July 17, 2018 2:49 PM

R58 - I'd like you to go through my posts and provide ONE that provides a link to alt-right forum of any persuasion, or who sends posts from here to an alt right forum.

You can't because I'm not. What you are, however, is the same race-baiting hysteric who calls anyone who doesn't like Meghan Markle or her clothes a troll from the alt-right.

Prove I'm that person or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 60July 17, 2018 2:53 PM

R59 - Romney's sons would never have fulfilled MeAgain's most fervid fantasy: global fame, the cloak of ancient top tier royalty, deference of a sort none of Romney's progeny have ever experienced, and a complete reinvention of the self.

Do Romney's sons' wives walk around in the day time in Dior dresses costing 10,000 quid? Does anyone curtsey when one of Romney's daughters-in-law come into a room? Do cameras encircle them the moment they step out their doors?

Answer to all three questions: No.

Hence, MeAgain's rush to hook the second-tier scion of the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 61July 17, 2018 2:56 PM

She has a sister who's obsessed with her like a SWF and Dad who's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 62July 17, 2018 11:06 PM

R6 Philip would fuck the crack of dawn if he could just figure out how to.

by Anonymousreply 63July 17, 2018 11:10 PM

R63 - I would love to see that biography of him that allegedly spilled so many beans that it has been scrubbed completely.

by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2018 12:31 AM

Prince Philip has said far, far worse things (racist, xenophobic) than Thomas Markle. And yet Meghan was happy to have Philip as a wedding guest, but not her dad?

Prince Philip's remarks:

"You are a woman, aren't you?" (in Kenya after accepting a small gift from a local woman).

"If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed" (to a group of British students during a royal visit to China).

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian" (referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh).

"Still throwing spears?" (question put to an Aboriginal Australian during a visit).

by Anonymousreply 65July 18, 2018 1:05 AM

Much worse than that, r65. Among other things, Philip's been documented calling people from the Middle East "sand-nig*ers."

by Anonymousreply 66July 18, 2018 1:39 AM

"Meghan was happy to have Philip as a wedding guest, but not her dad?"

Are you serious?

Hmm, a racist older relative vs. a relative who will share anything you tell him with the world media. Gee, what's worse?

by Anonymousreply 67July 18, 2018 1:45 AM

A rich older relative vs. one who nurtured you...

by Anonymousreply 68July 18, 2018 1:48 AM

Philip is 97 years old, ill, circling the drain and is pretty much defanged these days. Sparkle, quite rightly, probably figured he'd be gone within a few year, or less, of the wedding so why fret?

by Anonymousreply 69July 18, 2018 1:53 AM

She looks "unhappy" in the OP's picture because it's a still taken at one moment in time when the second before and/or after she very likely could have been all smiles.

She's a person like everyone else with a life filled with emotions ready to be suripticiously captured by a man with a camera.

by Anonymousreply 70July 18, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote] She's a person like everyone else with a life filled with emotions ready to be suripticiously captured by a man with a camera.

She's like everyone else except she dresses ugly!

by Anonymousreply 71July 18, 2018 1:59 AM

And she has a stupid face!

by Anonymousreply 72July 18, 2018 2:00 AM

Even if he was father of the year when she was younger [R68], does that excuse shitty behavior now?

Her sister is CREEPILY obsessed (check her Twitter) and dad is taking advice from her (or worse).

That alone would keep me at a distance

by Anonymousreply 73July 18, 2018 2:02 AM

Complaining about the clothes or other attire one must wear after KNOWINGLY marrying into the Royal Family is like complaining about wearing skates after signing a contract with a Hockey Team.

And, one correction to an above post, people who marry into the Royal Family do not have to convert to C of E.

Even the most cursory and superficial research would have shown the "dress code" for women in the RF. If Pa had a problem with it, he had ample time to tell Sparkle his concerns.

by Anonymousreply 74July 18, 2018 2:15 AM

r71

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 18, 2018 2:20 AM

I like 1930s clothes. They are definitely better than what is worn today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 18, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote] Thomas essentially describes the royal family as a cult with antique practices

And the Markle family is so fabulous.

I just have this feeling the dad is going to show up at the Kensington Palace gates begging to see his daughter. He will of course have brought a camera crew or a photographer with him to capture all the drama

by Anonymousreply 77July 18, 2018 2:35 AM

Added comedy bonus if he shackles himself to the gates and swallows the key.

by Anonymousreply 78July 18, 2018 2:37 AM

I didnt' grow up with a dad around, but if I were in Meghan's situation (when she was dating Harry) and my brother and sister kept selling stories and bad mouthing me to the press I damned well would be telling my mom to shut them the fuck up. And if she wouldn't have been able to and she refused to publicly denounce them, I wouldn't talk to my mother either

I've said this in other threads when it was just the sister badmouthing her, "that family is going to ruin this for her"

And they sure are trying their damnedest to do it. Where's the brother? Is he in jail again? I haven't heard a word from him

by Anonymousreply 79July 18, 2018 2:38 AM

r79 you can't pit family members against each other like that. Publicly denouncing them wouldn't do anything but cause more drama, in any case. The only way to deal with this sort of situation is for her to do what she's doing which is to cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 80July 18, 2018 2:41 AM

Here’s my question about her: prior to meeting Harry she was a d-list actress on some TV show that no one heard of but her bff was Serena Williams and she was introduced to Harry by some high ranking executive with Ralph Lauren. How did a nobody like her manage to hang with celebs and a-listers prior to snagging Prince Harry?

by Anonymousreply 81July 18, 2018 2:57 AM

good question

by Anonymousreply 82July 18, 2018 3:01 AM

R59, if you’re going to join in with the big kids in grade 7, at least get the fucking religion and names correct.

by Anonymousreply 83July 18, 2018 3:08 AM

[quote] And, one correction to an above post, people who marry into the Royal Family do not have to convert to C of E.

So if Markle were Catholic, she wouldn't have to convert?

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2018 3:47 AM

[quote]Prove I'm that person or shut up.

“I’m not the alt-right markle-hater troll unless I admitted it here on DL!”

Sure Jan.

You sound like trump and his NO COLUSION BS — just as desperate. If it wasn’t you, you wouldn’t be so UTTERLY DESPERATE to argue about it ad Infinitum.

by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2018 3:52 AM

Isn't harry a nazi? pretty sure he only married her as pr to show that he isn't a closet nazi and likes black chicks.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2018 3:53 AM

[quote] I didnt' grow up with a dad around, but if I were in Meghan's situation (when she was dating Harry) and my brother and sister kept selling stories and bad mouthing me to the press I damned well would be telling my mom to shut them the fuck up.

Except that's exactly what started this mess. Has everyone forgotten already? Harry (with Markle's silent support) issued a public statement, painting her as an orphan, claiming that with the (elitist) BRF she finally has the family "she never had".

That was a very public (and globally publicised) insult to the Markle family. After that passive-aggressive public putdown, it all went downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2018 3:58 AM

[quote] So if Markle were Catholic, she wouldn't have to convert?

No, she would not.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2018 4:01 AM

Yes, R87, after that bon mot, the press couldn't wait to get a reaction from her actual family members, which led to the stories about all those she had ghosted, and stuff she had fabricated (about how she didn't know about the Royal Family), etc.

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2018 4:08 AM

I don't understand how she thought she could just ghost her own father. Dumb dumb dumb.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2018 5:14 AM

I'm very open to correction, but I think that if you're currently in the Top Six to succeed to the Crown, your spouse has to convert to CoE. Harry is currently No. Six. If Kate shoots out one more, Harry becomes No. Seven. Lesser Royals aren't so obligated. The Top Six also require Elizabeth's permission to marry, of that I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2018 5:32 AM

I believe that a member of the Royal Family can marry someone not of CoE (a Catholic, for example), but cannot be a Catholic. Those who become Catholic lose their position in the line of succession.

Lord Nicholas Windsor, son of the Duke and Duchess of Kent converted to Catholicism (as had his mother 7 years before). But in doing so, he lost his position in the line of succession. (See article linked below.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2018 8:59 AM

R85 - Honey bun, you still haven't offered a shred of proof that any post of mine contains links to an alt-right forum. You're still making it up. And coming off, if I may say so, as a tad obsessed and in serious need of medication.

But I'm sure we'd all love to know who "Jan" is, how you know him/her, and to see some of those alt-right links you keep talking about, but never produce, and any other "doxxing" techniques you've developed because you can't handle a no holds barred gossip site.

Grow a pair, will you?

by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2018 1:07 PM

Her family is toxic trash. They sold her out for money, one of the lowest things you could do. If I were her I’d never speak to my father or his side again.

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2018 2:07 PM

R79, her parents have been divorced for decades. Why do you think she’d have any influence on him?

And people do what they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2018 2:17 PM

R91 - I believe that rule was changed some years ago. You can marry a Catholic and not lose your place in the line of succession, but you cannot BE one and keep your place in the line of succession. Nicholas Windsor, whose title is actually the Earl of St. Andrews, is a devout Catholic convert, and he and his children are out of the succession - not least because his wife is an Italian Catholic divocee. He's the eldest son of the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

Sparkle converted to CoE partly to ensure her children would also be part of the coherent fabric of the BRF and partly because she had no previous religious conviction or affiliation whatsoever, so why not? She was baptised as well as confirmed, and you cannot be baptised more than once. In Christian tradition, one Christian baptism satisfies all variants of Christian worship.

It's strictly formulaic in the younger generation. Only the Queen goes to Sunday services regularly. The rest only show up for the obligatory photo ops at Sandringham and Windsor at Christmas and Easter.

by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2018 4:43 PM

Didn’t she present herself as Jewish a while back? I remember reading somewhere one of her boyfriends or maybe a husband was Jewish so she became Jewer-than-thou.

by Anonymousreply 97July 18, 2018 5:27 PM

R97 - no, that was an erroneous assumption based on her marriage to Engelson, who was Jewish, and I believe (don't quote me on it) that they incorporated some elements of Jewish marriage ceremony into their on. Markle is actually an English/Scottis name, but to Americans it also may have sounded Jewish. But she isn't, wasn't, and never claimed to be.

by Anonymousreply 98July 18, 2018 5:34 PM

Peter Phillips (Princess Anne’s son) married a Catholic woman. She converted to C of E even though she didn’t “have” to and Peter / their kids will never reign, because she probably thought it wasn’t worth making a fuss over.

by Anonymousreply 99July 18, 2018 7:46 PM

R96 - you are incorrect. Lord Nicholas Windsor is NOT the Earl of St Andrews (that would be George). Nicholas is the youngest child of the Duke and Duchess of Kent. Both of their sons married Roman Catholics and their mother is one as well. Sons and mother are in the photo below when young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 18, 2018 8:02 PM

[quote] Sparkle converted to CoE partly to ensure her children would also be part of the coherent fabric of the BRF and partly because she had no previous religious conviction or affiliation whatsoever, so why not?

Why not? For the same reason it raises eyebrows when people convert (from total atheism or another Protestant branch) to e.g. Calvinism or similar just to "please" a spouse.

If Markle had become personally passionate about the CoE, on her own accord (its teachings, hymns and all that hoopla) - then sure, fine. But she probably didn't even skim through a Wikipedia page about the CoE before her shotgun religious conversion. It's a bit hypocritical (not to mention archaic / subservient) to convert into a religion if you don't even passionately believe in that denomination.

As for her potential future offspring - they can raise them CoE if Harry wishes. But her offspring don't need the mom to convert as well.

by Anonymousreply 101July 18, 2018 8:23 PM

I thought the C of E baptism was pretty fast.

Was there no instruction in the religion? No time to reflect and consider?

Is this normal for C of E?

by Anonymousreply 102July 18, 2018 8:27 PM

R96 - you are correct - my bad senior memory.

by Anonymousreply 103July 18, 2018 9:23 PM

R101 - despite my own belief that almost everything about Sparkle is a calculation, in this case, I cut her some slack. It's not unusual to convert to a spouse's religion for the sake of family coherence, and I really don't see anything wrong with it, per se - so long as the person converting demonstrates some commitment to the new faith after doing so.

It's different for those born into it, like William and Harry and Kate.

My issue with Sparkle is that it should have been obvious to her that taking such a step as an adult is somewhat different, especially in her new position, and should have been accompanied by the will to demonstrate that commitment. Being baptised as a Christian shortly before Easter, the most significant observance in the Christian calendar, and not showing up for your first Easter service as a new Christian a few weeks later, is what I found offensively cynical, not converting for a spouse per se.

True, Harry didn't show up, either, and many of the younger royals don't always show. But for a new Christian, I would have thought both Harry and Sparkle would have been keen to make the point. It's the kind of tone-deafness the couple seem to be prone to.

by Anonymousreply 104July 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Maybe they will speed up the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 105July 18, 2018 9:31 PM

R102 - As someone who grew up CoE, I can tell you that there is supposed to be a period of months during which the prospective convert goes to classes and meetings, and is assigned a Sponsor, someone with a long relationship with the parish in question. I have served as such a Sponsor in my time. When the time comes for the baptism or for being only "received" because one has been baptised already, the Sponsor stands with the new convert for the service. Presumably, Sparkle made her intention to become CoE known immediately after the engagement, and private instruction was carried out in the ensuing months. For obvious reasons, showing up at classes in the local parish with other prospective converts would have presented a privacy problem for all concerned. How much study actually took place in this case is unknown. Most converts are baptised and/or received at Eastertime, and I believe this is the case with Catholics, as well.

by Anonymousreply 106July 18, 2018 9:35 PM

R101 - I don't think it's that they "need" the mom to convert technically, I think this was 1) a gesture of "good will" by MM toward the family, and 2) part of her burning desire to make herself as much like them as possible, to lessen the aura of Outsider.

by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2018 9:44 PM

R107 that's also why she had her tentacles removed.

by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2018 10:02 PM

Thank you, R106 for your thoughtful response to my question.

by Anonymousreply 109July 18, 2018 10:25 PM

Papa Markle needs to watch Stella Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 110July 18, 2018 10:50 PM

If you aren't a member of a religion, you can't take communion at their church. My Aunt and Uncle are Lutheran and I'm Catholic. I can not take communion at their church. Only a Catholic Church.

Meghan and Autumn Phillips were both smart to convert. Despite the Queen being the head of the Church of England, the Windsors are hardly what you would call religious. And yes, the Queen goes to church every Sunday (she's the head of the church), but she has told each and every reverend who has ever given a sermon to her that it needs to only be 15 minutes long. Liz is not going to sit through an hour sermon

by Anonymousreply 111July 19, 2018 2:40 AM

So they're not religious and yet still propping up the Church.

Bunch of opportunistic hypocrites who'll do anything to hold on to power & public money.

I bet they'd prop up Scientology too, if it served them better.

by Anonymousreply 112July 19, 2018 3:05 AM

I was taught, as a young Catholic, that I could attend Episcopal services (the CoE in the US), but that I couldn't take Communion. But I could receive Communion at Orthodox, Maronite or Coptic churches. The Church of England attempts an ecumenical relationship with the Roman Catholic church (hence the meetings between the Queen and several Popes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 19, 2018 3:42 AM

The one who looks terrified is Harry. When did he get so royally ambitious? Did they give him an ultimatum?

He should have joined the navy: away from prying eyes and all the cock he could handle.

He wants this whole thing to work out so badly.

by Anonymousreply 114July 19, 2018 3:49 AM

I love that the dad is being so difficult. If his daughter wanted him to keep schtum, then she should have made whatever arrangements would ensure that her father not speak to the press BEFORE the wedding. Not ignored him before and ghosted him AFTER the wedding.

I hope her dad goes on Celebrity Big Brother and criticizes her all day long, on national television. She's so ungrateful. Didn't he fund her whole expensive private education and entry into show business? Didn't his brother arrange for the young Meghan to work in a foreign embassy? Didn't he favor her in every way over his other children?

by Anonymousreply 115July 19, 2018 5:23 AM

Or, perhaps there is nothing she could have done to prevent this, and knowing him and the rest of the hillbilly family, and how they are, she knew it was hopeless. That's probably why the whole "family she never had" thing happened.

by Anonymousreply 116July 19, 2018 6:08 AM

She wants him to make a fool out of himself so she can play victim and be able to drop him.

by Anonymousreply 117July 19, 2018 6:38 AM

Meghan flew back to LA to spend Easter with her mother. They probably went to Easter service Doria's church/Meghan's old church.

The reason Meghan looks sad in the photo posted from Wimbledon could be that her friend, Serena, lost the game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 19, 2018 6:48 AM

r118 then no wonder her dad feels bad, she could fly out to see her mother but not him? Especially since he has been ill.

by Anonymousreply 119July 19, 2018 6:51 AM

[quote] They probably went to Easter service Doria's church/Meghan's old church.

If this were so, surely someone at the service would have noticed, pulled out a cell phone and taken a picture or pictures or video.

Had their picture taken with Sparkle after the service, etc.

And Sparkle, loving the attention, would have loved it and obliged and we would have had lots of pictures and videos.

by Anonymousreply 120July 19, 2018 6:53 AM

What’s with the bashing of Diana ? I know she’s not a saint and like all of us flawed ! But now she ‘s the one that’s bad and Charles is an angel ! He was jealous of his own wife because she was more famous than him . Never forget that !

by Anonymousreply 121July 19, 2018 7:06 AM

R119

Meghan's dad claimed the heart attack days before the May 19th wedding.

Easter was on April 1st.

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2018 7:13 AM

Meghan asked her dad to come to London and that he didn't need to pack anything. She would order him clothes, which she did.

She ordered clothes made for him by tailors in both LA and in London. Harry said a RF liaison would speed him through customs. Her dad declined the offer.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2018 7:16 AM

In what he claims is his last interview, Thomas Markle's message to Harry was, "Get over it. I'm your father-in-law."

Yeah. That's really going to help the situation.

by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2018 7:22 AM

see? NEVER mix with those americans!

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2018 7:41 AM

I just posted in another thread that a day or two ago the DM published that it had contacted the medical facility where Daddy claimed to have had his heart procedure done and was told that the facility had no record of a patient with that name.

by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2018 9:12 AM

Seriously, [R126]?!? I hadn’t heard that...

That would be really bad. Any chance he was able to officially “check into” the hospital under another name to keep his privacy?

(And weren’t there pics of him leaving a hospital in a taxi or something while holding his clothes in one of those big see-through “personal belonging” bags they always give to patients?)

by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2018 11:02 AM

The heart attack story has been pretty much debunked. He just didn't want to go to the wedding.

And it's the sister Samantha who's been booked onto Big BrotherUK, not the father.

by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2018 11:09 AM

R121 she’s not “suddenly the bad one”, she was always a manipulative, narcissistic asshole. My opinion of her has not changed since before she died. She fucked every married man in sight while playing the ‘poor me’ victim and whining about “three in this marriage”. How many other marriages was she the third wheel? Not a word about all the wives she caused anguish to. There are worthier causes for you to white knight. A rich, privileged, narcissistic serial adulteress isn’t one of them.

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2018 11:58 AM

R113 - in truth, the distance between RC and CoE isn't that much. The liturgy is extremely similar, and so, for that matter is the Lutheran liturgy. Most Catholics and CoE members are comfortable at each other's services; it's a few theological gulfs that create the chasms higher up.

I mentioned that I had, in my churchgoing days, served as a Sponsor for new CoE menbers (I believe Catholics call them catachumens). As such, I attended some of the meetings and classes with new prospects. The new members are almost always Catholics (the bridge between Rome and Canterbury is always busily trafficked with people waving to each other as they go in opposite directions). At one meeting, a Catholic asked a series of questions about CoE positions on divorce, abortion, homosexuality, etc. The CoE does not have the central mysterium that Rome does, and the pastor kept giving broad answers that, in typcial British fashion, were also endlessly qualified, and he mentioned that some positions might differ from one diocesan Bishop to another.

Finally, the somewhat confused and frustrated Catholic said, only half-jokingly, "Say - what do you people believe in, anyway?!"

by Anonymousreply 130July 19, 2018 1:59 PM

R129 - I'll split the difference with you on Diana. She was no saint and an instinctive mistress of manipulation, those inherent skills honed quickly in her years in the spotlight. Like MM, she wanted this princely marriage with every fibre of her being, and disregarded a good of handwriting on the wall re Charles and his feelings for her and his personal issues.

That said, Diana had, I think, an abysmal childhood marked by profound emotional neglect, in the way not too uncommon in that stratum of society. Few here are probably aware of the huge scandal the Spencer's vitriolic divorce and custody battle caused, splashed across the tabloids. Diana's maternal grandmother actually went into the witness box and sided with her son in law, rather than her own daughter, in the custody battle, which Diana's mother lost. The effect on the children cannot have been anything but dire.

I really do believe Diana suffered from narcissistic personality disorder, possibly also what they call "borderline personality disorder". These are nearly impossible to treat, because they never accept responsibility for their problems, but externalise them onto others. Counseling for that reason never helped Diana, not one bit. Her incredible immaturity and lack of sexual and relationship experience when she married Charles cannot have helped.

So in my view it was a bit of a perfect storm and it is astounding to me that Charles and the BRF could have been so blind.

Rich, yes; privileged, yes; badly behaved behind the scenes, yes. Still, what I think you saw was a neglected child screaming for attention and trying to make sure that nobody overlooked her needs again.

Every child, rich or poor, craves mirroring and emotional attention, which is part of good parenting. It is my opinion that neither Diana nor Sparkle got that from their dysfunctional and splintered families.

by Anonymousreply 131July 19, 2018 2:11 PM

R123 - source for this, please?

by Anonymousreply 132July 19, 2018 2:13 PM

Diana was badly betrayed by her adulterous husband. She went looking for love and most of her lovers were single, such as James Gilbey, James Hewitt and Hasnet Khan. No one forced the married ones to cheat on their wives with her. I think a lot of her problems stemmed from her difficult childhood, leaving her needy and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 133July 19, 2018 2:46 PM

I'm always astounded how Diana's fans will defend her every time when, objectively, it's clear she was a mean, immature, selfish, horrible toxic human being whose public acts of 'kindness' were carefully orchestrated to get her good press. And all those men she slept with ... wow.!

by Anonymousreply 134July 19, 2018 2:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 19, 2018 3:19 PM

R134 = Prince Charles

by Anonymousreply 136July 19, 2018 3:19 PM

R133 - Diana was looking for something more than just "love" - she was a bottomless pit of emotional need that I don't think any man alive could have adequately filled unless he completely abandoned all needs of his own to serve hers.

This drove her husband away. A woman with less need and more savyy, together with her youth and beauty and charisma, could have seen Camilla off. Instead, Diana handled everything as badly as possible.

It really does take two to tango, and Diana's needy behaviour, shrieking at her husband early on, etc., were part and parcel of the disaster that began to shape up within a few months of the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 137July 19, 2018 3:21 PM

This thread is supposed to about me, you peasants.

I'd hate to have to ghost you all too.

by Anonymousreply 138July 19, 2018 3:24 PM

R133 and who forced Di to whine on about being a victim, three in this marriage etc., when she was the third person in so many other marriages? Nobody, that’s who. Nothing can excuse how she behaved all the while claiming supreme victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 139July 19, 2018 3:58 PM

The more her father talks the more sympathy I feel for MM.

by Anonymousreply 140July 19, 2018 4:06 PM

^Agreed, R140. This situation would be a bitter pill for her to swallow if her father was just talking to people they know personally on an individual basis. This guy is telling his woes to the entire world. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2018 4:26 PM

R123 I don't believe that for a minute. I don't think that any of the Markles were ever on the guest list. Just like the Ragland family was never on the guest list.

Let's be honest, where would the Markles have sat? The pews looked full without them. They were never invited and this is why they were upset.

MM knew that she could never let the BRF meet the Markles even at her wedding. Sure, MM presents well and we all love to believe that a person can grow up to be better than their family and surroundings. However, I don't think that MM wanted to risk the engagement with having her family anywhere near the BRF.

I think that MM cast her family aside a long time ago. She loves her mother, but I doubt that her mother is a big part of her life. You hear more about her communicating with her best friend/stylist than you hear about her talking to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2018 4:39 PM

Doria met Harry pretty early in the relationship, and several times before the ring. It does seem a bit odd that no one from her mother's family was there, unless they're just quiet messes.

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2018 4:42 PM

I know that Harry is not the brightest bulb, but to not even meet the bride's father before the wedding - what was he thinking???

And the RF should have sent someone out there to check him out. Perhaps they did.

by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2018 5:01 PM

r134 slut shaming Di on DL? How quaintly retro!

Fact is, she married a man who wanted somebody else. He decided he would be with the one he loved and Di found herself treated as nothing but a ceremonial prop and a properly-pedigreed breed sow.

If I found myself in that situation, where I had been deceived, with my life ruined at the tender age of 19, I have to say that I would choose my own wants, and also a spectacular revenge, over "taking the high road". Your version of "taking the high road" would entail staying on as the prop and breed sow forever and keeping my mouth shut. Fcuk that!!!

I don't doubt that she wanted to do some good for the world, and she did. I don't doubt that she wanted to be a good parent for her sons, and she was.

Aside from that, if she wanted to trash this cabal of people who did what they did to her, I applaud it.

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2018 5:10 PM

r145 Meghan should know by the way that Diana was treated by the Queen and others in the inner royal circle that if she doesn't toe the line they will have no use for her.

by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2018 5:56 PM

Look. Diana fans aren't going to like hearing this, but here goes. Diana was a Master media manipulator. And what's more, not only did she have the media at her beckon call at that time, but she had the whole world, meaning YOU, eating out the palm of her hand. She knew this. And my o my did she know how to work it to her advantage! She told Charles point blank "I will destroy you." She is reported as saying of the RF as a whole "they make my life a real torture and after everything I've done for this fucking family!" So what's the deal? Diana, being a woman scorned by not only her husband but his entire family, set about using her massive influence to shift the public outlook on the RF to one of disdain and dislike. She was at war with these people, and they had no recourse but to respond in kind. Whatever the case, you don't fuck with a family as powerful as that one. I'll just bet that they have a whole team of men and women who are dedicated to preserving their esteem and prestige. They probably don't even have any idea of who this team is. Ask that crazy. criminally inclined London dude who was doing Princess Margaret on the down-low what they said to HIM when it became known that he was being indiscreet. If he's still alive, that is.

by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2018 6:17 PM

R145 - Diana knew perfectly well that Charles did not love her, that he had a mistress he still loved, and the world knew it at their now iconic engagement photocall, when Charles replied to "And you're in love?" with a malicious smile and a, "Whatever in love means." Diana, asked later why she didn't call him on it, simply said, "I thought, 'least said, soonest mended'".

She married him anyway, convinced that it would all come right once. She wanted to be Princess of Wales and that's exactly what she got.

There may have been three in the marriage, but there were two in the Wales's mess of a marriage. The public didn't get a glimpse of her screaming at him and berating him long before he went back to Camilla. Within a few months of the marriage, they were concerned enough to find counseling for her, which did nothing.

Diana spent her teen years reading Barbara Cartland romance novels. and she believed that that was the way life would really be once she snagged the man of her dreams.

And Charles was a fool for allowing himself to be pressured into marrying her, partly by the press.

by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2018 9:06 PM

That Papa Markle's intended wedding suit was sold off at half price to some fat guy who wore it to Ascot was widely reported in the British press a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure about the veracity of that, though, because men at the ceremony were asked to wear formal morning attire and this is not that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2018 9:41 PM

Sparkle said at the very start that she wanted her mother to walk her down the aisle. She did not mention her father at all.

I don't think she ever intended for him to be there.

And while the tale of the half price suit is funny, I don't believe it was ever intended for Pa.

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2018 9:46 PM

^Pa Markle's name appeared in the Wedding Program. You cannot dispute it. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2018 10:10 PM

[quote]Let's be honest, where would the Markles have sat? The pews looked full without them.

Maybe it's like the Oscars where they have seat fillers. They had to be prepared in case Markle's hillbilly clan showed up at the last minute. When they didn't, they just let Oprah, Clooney et al. have those seats. I remember some people mentioning it seemed odd that celebs were sitting where the family normally sits.

by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2018 10:12 PM

I must say that seeing Prince Charles walk MM down the aisle is one of the most beautiful moments from Royal weddings. Also, the way Prince Charles treated MM's mother Doria was lovely. I honestly didn't think that Prince Charles had it in him.

Prince Harry supposedly spoke to Papa Markle on the phone and asked for his daughter's hand in marriage. That was probably the most nerve wrecking phone call of MM's life. Can you imagine the stress of it all? That phone call spanned marriage, domestic violence, TRUMP and BREXIT!

Prince Harry knew exactly what he was getting into after that phone call, but he wanted MM anyway. They both seem happy so let them be.

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2018 10:13 PM

I think he was expected (I also think it took the RF a long time to get around to including him), and I think he got cold feet at the end and invented that heart attack story, claiming his stress was caused by papparazzi (at the same time the awful sister was peddling her story about the car accident caused by pursuing photogs--Diana, anyone?--which resulted, she claimed, in a broken leg or foot but apparently never happened at all).

by Anonymousreply 154July 19, 2018 10:15 PM

[quote]'least said, soonest mended

Had to look this one up. I like the phrase, but---God, could anything be more coldly British? Stiff upper lip and all that. Ignore a problem and it will all go away.

by Anonymousreply 155July 19, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote]I must say that seeing Prince Charles walk MM down the aisle is one of the most beautiful moments from Royal weddings. Also, the way Prince Charles treated MM's mother Doria was lovely. I honestly didn't think that Prince Charles had it in him.

JFC, why is everyone acting like Prince Charles is such a saint for taking a two minute walk down the aisle, and for treating his son's mother-in-law like a human being? That was the very least he could do. The least any average person with an ounce of decency would do. It's not special.

by Anonymousreply 156July 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Initially, I thought she was a publicity whore and gold digger. But, honestly, since the wedding I've really grown to like her alot. She seems to be doing everything she can to fit in and, let's face it, she and Kate are a breath of fresh air. Once they start having kids they will be the darlings of the British press.

by Anonymousreply 157July 19, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]her beckon call

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 158July 19, 2018 10:26 PM

R156 Didn't you see where I said that I didn't think that he had it in him? Have you read the posts on here about how he treated Diana? His kindness to Doria and MM was surprising to some. Yes, he should get some positive reinforcement for it in the hopes that he will continue the kind behavior.

by Anonymousreply 159July 19, 2018 10:34 PM

Nearly all the Markles have behaved atrociously ever since the engagement was announced. The wicked half-sister is clearly a chip off the old block.

And I also thought Charles was at his best at the wedding: The future King walking Meghan down the aisle, with Harry saying "Thanks Pa", and Charles escorting Doria from the chapel at the end of the ceremony. The Royals know the power of symbolism, and his behavior was both warm and courtly.

by Anonymousreply 160July 19, 2018 10:47 PM

I love the quotes from "a friend of Meghan's dad" (read: 50-year old half-sister Samantha) where she talks about how Pa Markle is "livid!!!" at being accused of being a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 161July 19, 2018 10:50 PM

If Pa Markle's antics are making gaining sympathy for Meg after her Minnie Pearl "throw on the most expensive thing whether it's unwrapped, altered, or what!" antics, maybe that's the much-vaunted Palace PR team at work. I've also wondered for a while whether it's his job to play the clown to keep anyone from looking to closely at Doria and her family; I know everything about him and not much about her, and no maternal relatives in evidence. I think it's odd that even if they aren't publicity whores, we haven't read about them and they haven't been to any functions.

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2018 10:59 PM

Whatever antics Pa Markle plays, Megs is still a grifter in it for herself. Apples not falling far from trees, etc.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2018 11:02 PM

R163 if that's true then what does that make you? Wasn't your mother convicted of basting your baby brother in the oven, fat side up, after a particularly bad psychotic break?

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2018 11:07 PM

R164, Megs wouldn't be able to play any of those roles either.

Or if you were trying to be witty somehow ... try better next time.

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2018 11:13 PM

Who is Minnie Pearl?

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2018 11:21 PM

Good way to get an answer to your question, you rude asshole.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2018 11:22 PM

Cousin Minnie Pearl (can't remember her real name) was a country/western (then called hillbilly) comedienne who was a staple at the Grand Ol' Opry and on its broadcasts for decades. In the 1950s she passed over from that then niche genre and developed a more mainstream career, though her character never changed. She was a regular on Hee Haw. Her new bonnet with the price tag dangling off of it was one of her signature trademarks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 19, 2018 11:38 PM

The sister is batshit insane. He can't possibly have a relationship with both his daughters when one has a creepy obsession with the other. He seems to have chosen Crazy Pants.

by Anonymousreply 169July 19, 2018 11:47 PM

We know, R168. The point is, unless you want to out yourself as a crotchety elder who watches Hee Haw reruns, better to find references that aren't 40 yrs out of date..

by Anonymousreply 170July 19, 2018 11:49 PM

It's really for the best if heart disease and multiple sclerosis win their respective battles with Thomas and Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 171July 19, 2018 11:52 PM

R170 Why? Is being old something to be ashamed of?

by Anonymousreply 172July 19, 2018 11:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2018 12:19 AM

Cardiologist approved diet, too.

by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2018 12:34 AM

R157 - "breath of fresh air" is a cursed phrase, tantamont to calling "Macbeth" by its right name inside the theatre.

Kate and Sophie are already out of the danger zone, but Sparkle - once tagged with the "breath of fresh air" label, the smart thing to do is start keeping a list of the UK's best (and most expensive) divorce lawyers.

Diana was represented by solicitor Anthony Julius. He's only in his early sixties, i believe, and now highly placed at the firm of Mishcon de Reya. He got Diana that 17.5 million quid settlement.

by Anonymousreply 175July 20, 2018 12:42 AM

Where's Samantha, Tom Jr and the grandkids to wish him a happy birthday?

by Anonymousreply 176July 20, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote] in truth, the distance between RC and CoE isn't that much.

If the claim is that there's not much difference between Roman Catholic and Protestant CoE - then why did Markle submissively agree to a shotgun conversion?

(Actually that's a rhetorical question. We all know why. Because Religion is just another superficial tool for her to ingratiate herself with her new "blue-blood" family.)

If they had told her to convert her hair colour to blonde or tattoo "Jesus prefers Anglican Protestants" on her forehead - she'd probably do it too.

by Anonymousreply 177July 20, 2018 12:44 AM

Such a sweet & caring Sugar there at R171. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 178July 20, 2018 12:48 AM

There is no evidence that Sparkle was a Catholic. Apparently she went to a Catholic High School, but that doesn't mean she was a Catholic.

And someone up thread mentioned the all but silence on Sparkle's mother. There has been nothing printed about her mother's family at all which is very, very strange. Smells like the RF used influence to put the lid on something.

by Anonymousreply 179July 20, 2018 1:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 20, 2018 1:08 AM

^They are pretty people. It's clear where she gets her good looks.

by Anonymousreply 181July 20, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote] It really does take two to tango, and Diana's needy behaviour, shrieking at her husband early on, etc., were part and parcel of the disaster that began to shape up within a few months of the wedding

She was needy, but so was he. He actually was and is probably much more needy than she was. This is a man who has a staff of about 120 - 150 people who have to listen to him moan endlessly day and night about how hard his life is

I'll never forget charles telling Diana's brother at their father's funeral how lucky he was to inherit his title and everything at such a young age. Diana's brother (whose is quite the selfish scumbag himself) was horrified that anyone would say that to him and at his father's funeral no less

by Anonymousreply 182July 20, 2018 3:48 AM

I wouldn't put it past Pa Markle to make up the whole "Heart Problem" story. He didn't have a heart attack. That's a fact. No hospital releases someone a few hours after the person goes there complaining of chest pains/heart attack. And what does that old scumbag pops markle do when he leaves the hospital? Goes and gets himself a big bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. You couldn't make this shit up. And I only half way believe he had stents put in his arteries.

And the reason for that is because samantha markle lied about having some devastating car accident. She even showed pictures of herself at the hospital. Except it was all a big fat fucking lie. Oh, yes, she went to the hospital and had her scumbag boyfriend take pictures of her inside of it, but she never had a car accident and she certainly didn't break her ankle or have any of the other imaginary injuries she lied to the media about.

Seriously, how fucked up do you have to be to make up that bullshit story, go to the hospital waiting room and have someone take pictures of you, then post it all over the internet along with your lie about a fake car accident? The whole entire thing was a lie. That sister is mentally ill. Supremely, supremely fucked up

Where's the brother? He was talking (selling stories and lies) to the various forms of media every few days. Now, nothing. I wonder if he got arrested again?

by Anonymousreply 183July 20, 2018 4:02 AM

/No hospital releases someone a few hours after the person goes there complaining of chest pains/heart attack.

I meant, no hospital releases them a few hours after diagnosing them with a heart attack. Not even the shittiest hospital in Mexico would do that

by Anonymousreply 184July 20, 2018 4:08 AM

Friends say Pa Markle only has an occasional glass of wine with dinner?

Weren't some of the early photos of the "reclusive dad" showing him leaving a convenience store with a six-pack of beer?

by Anonymousreply 185July 20, 2018 4:22 AM

The reason Meghan looks sad in the photo posted from Wimbledon could be that her friend, Serena, lost the game.

Yes Megs was so very sad that she forgot to applaud the winner (Angelique Kerber). Very unsporting. Even Serena herself gave Kerber a warm embrace.

by Anonymousreply 186July 20, 2018 4:34 AM

"Friends" = his daughter Samantha, who gives comments on all this shit. They just can't use her name for each one.

by Anonymousreply 187July 20, 2018 4:44 AM

I told you.

by Anonymousreply 188July 20, 2018 5:45 AM

I haven't read much about her white half-brother who legally grows weed. The little I've seen/heard, he appeared supportive of her and wished her well.

Is he Tom Jr.? Have I just missed the dirt about him and their relationship?

Don't get me started on the half-sister.

by Anonymousreply 189July 20, 2018 5:53 AM

No one needs to get you started on the half-sister R189. She's an insane cunt. MS should work faster, unless that's another lie. Maybe she's munchhauser by proxy.

by Anonymousreply 190July 20, 2018 6:04 AM

Yeah, that I know, r190. Agreed. Can somebody bring me up to date on the half-brother who grows weed? He seemed a bit better adjusted and not as nasty as the rest of them but I don't have the ability to follow everybody in this saga.

by Anonymousreply 191July 20, 2018 6:19 AM

He's her nephew, not her half-brother, and he does seem a bit more well adjusted with a sense of humor than the rest of them. He's the son of Tom Jr., her half-brother, and is a legal marijuana farmer.

His name is Tyler Dooley and he developed a special strain in honor of her wedding called Markle's Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 192July 20, 2018 6:41 AM

After a bit of googling, Tyler was one of the extended family members who was paid to go to the UK to cover the wedding. While there, a bouncer confiscated a knife from him when he tried to enter a club. He wasn't charged with anything. The group never got anywhere near the ceremony.

He's a Trumpster but legally grows marijuana in Oregon and I can't find anything where he puts Megan or anyone else down and seems jovial. Please enlighten me about him.

by Anonymousreply 193July 20, 2018 7:16 AM

Got arrested for bringing a knife to a club, blamed Trump's advice, ran from the cops. Even if he's not a psycho like Samantha, he's a fucking idiot. Who would want him around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 20, 2018 7:24 AM

This is feeling like a soap opera that's going to run for a good few seasons - on the alternative to Trump channels. Thanks to Meghan for the welcome distraction.

by Anonymousreply 195July 20, 2018 8:16 AM

R142 Johnno Spence bought the suit that was custom-made for Thomas Markle in London. Spence wore it at Ascot.

From all reports, MM is very close to her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 20, 2018 8:34 AM

Sorry. I didn't see someone else had posted the Johnno story earlier.

R131 Your post was very eloquent and accurately described Diana's mental state.

Diana being borderline, a malignant narcissist and bulimic made life extremely difficult for those around here.

I think the RF really turned tough when Diana cut her wrist and then later threw herself down the stairs when she was pregnant with William.

by Anonymousreply 197July 20, 2018 8:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 20, 2018 8:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 20, 2018 8:57 AM

Russell Crowe can play Pa Markle in the sequel to the TV movie about Meghan & Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 20, 2018 9:06 AM

Dear God.

"'Producers are fascinated by Tyler and his family, and how different their lives are from Meghan's.

'They think viewers will love him and the rest of the Dooleys, and become gripped by their soap opera lives."

I wonder how many shots someone had to do to write that line.

Next week, will the Dooleys get indoor plumbing? FIND OUT!

by Anonymousreply 201July 20, 2018 9:07 AM

R33, You are daft. Meghan MIGHT have been "forced" to abandon her career upon marriage to Harry, but SHE WASN'T FORCED to MARRY HARRY!

Get it now, dope??

Meghan undoubtedly knew Grace Kelly's story. Nevertheless, she persisted. She pursued Harry until he caught her, as the saying goes.

This, it can reasonably be concluded that Meghan Markle preferred a royal marriage over a mundane Show-Biz career.

She auditioned for the last role of her life, and she won it.

by Anonymousreply 202July 20, 2018 9:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 20, 2018 9:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Markle had to go to LA to check his mailbox since he suddenly remembered his wayward Father's Day card may have been sitting there the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 205July 20, 2018 9:16 AM

Aaaaahahaha. Yes, Russel Crowe would be perfect. Now how about Ma Ragland, Megs and the crazy sister? Who should play their parts?

by Anonymousreply 206July 20, 2018 10:55 AM

I thought Mini Driver for Megs. She has the acting chops but is sadly 10 years too old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Reese Witherspoon can play Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 208July 20, 2018 11:31 AM

Good, R183: I'm glad someone else remembers the Samantha Markle "Papparazzi chased my car and caused this terrible accident. Here I am in the hospital....."

Re the heart attack: of course Thomas didn't have one. And even with stents, it's not entirely outpatient and you generally have to stay between 8 and 24 hours to make sure you don't throw a blood clot after the procedure. Besides, no hospital would have let him walk out the door on his own--you almost always have to have someone take you home after a procedure.

by Anonymousreply 209July 20, 2018 12:28 PM

R177 - because she wasn't a Catholic to start with, or she wouldn't have had to be baptised as well as confirmed. Markle was a generic gentile with no particular religious affiliation. She may as well have opted for CoE as anything else. And it wasn't "shotgun" - I doubt she has much religious feeling and volunteered with alacrity. Her aim is to as much a part of the royal family as possible, and this is one of the identifying tags. No problem with wedding service, or attending those Christmas and Easter services at Sandringham and Easter - politic, easy, undemanding, perhaps even satisfying to someone whose identity has always been, perhaps, a bit too fluid for comfort. This is part of really "belonging".

by Anonymousreply 210July 20, 2018 2:12 PM

R177 - *her aim was to become as much

by Anonymousreply 211July 20, 2018 2:14 PM

Well, Megs could play herself. She is an actress after all. How about Vanessa Williams for Raglan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 20, 2018 2:17 PM

Melanie Griffith for the crazy sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 20, 2018 2:23 PM

R177 - *Christmas and Easter services at Sandringham and Windsor. (left off the Windsor)

R210

R212 - because Megs doesn't want to be herself. She's been searching all her life for that new identity that will separate her from a past she wasn't too enamoured of. A Member Of The Royal House Of Windsor fits the bill. That's the only Megs she wants to play now.

by Anonymousreply 214July 20, 2018 3:53 PM

Wow, Pops only got a Happy meal for his birthday? That's one cheap-ass paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 215July 21, 2018 2:38 AM

More casting for the sequel to the Harry & Meghan tv movie:

Thomas Markle Jr. = Tom Arnold (see audition tape below)

Bitchy RF fashion designer who said MM's wedding dress looked like cement = Boy George

Melanie Griffith was a good recommendation for Samantha Markle. She's got the disheveled look but would need to ditch her baby voice. Margot Kidder would have been divine in the role. RIP Margot

The actors who played Harry & Meghan looked good in the commercial. They can stay on for the sequel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote] I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile.

Is he workshopping song lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2018 9:38 PM

More casting for Harry & Meghan tv movie sequel...

Jessica Mulroney = Frankie J. Grande

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2018 10:09 PM

For comparison, Jessica Mulroney below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2018 10:12 PM

Frankie J. Grande, below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2018 10:14 PM

The truth is that Pa Markle was never going to attend his daughter's wedding. He seems to have an addiction or addictions (ie. alcohol, weed, pills + we know he has a big problem w/food). He would have made up another excuse, any excuse to miss the wedding. During the run-up to the wedding and during the wedding + reception, he wouldn't be able to hide whatever he does at his house in Mexico.

He's a major narcissist as well.

by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2018 10:34 PM

Casting for Tom Markle's girlfriend - Camryn Manhiem.

Or she could play the half sister.

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Alfre Woodard for Mom Doria Ragland.

by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2018 11:13 PM

^ Or Viola Davis. Someone with quiet dignity.

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2018 11:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 23, 2018 2:31 PM

R226 - Jesus. I'm surprised she had the balls to be honest about it. Not a smart move, in my view - it deligitimises her righteous tone and makes it less likely that anyone would take the criticisms of Sparkle seriously.

Advantage, Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 227July 23, 2018 5:23 PM

Oh, please.

The apples didn't fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 228July 23, 2018 10:50 PM

It would be hilarious if London's Celebrity Big Brother cast Pa Markle, Tom Jr. and Samantha to be in the house all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 229July 24, 2018 3:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 24, 2018 7:28 AM

Is the dad okay? He hasn't sold any stories to the tabloids in a week. The ugly step sister should have a welfare check done on him

by Anonymousreply 231July 26, 2018 4:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 28, 2018 10:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 28, 2018 11:02 PM

This guy is a complete shithead. And really, presuming to know how Diana would have responded to anything. HE decided to talk to the press for money; HE decided to invent a bogus health scare to avoid the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 234July 28, 2018 11:09 PM

Damn. Pa Markle is finally showing himself. For the Markle clan:

dig·ni·ty ˈdiɡnədē/Submit noun the state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect. "a man of dignity and unbending principle" a composed or serious manner or style. "he bowed with great dignity" synonyms:tstateliness, nobility, majesty, regality, courtliness, augustness, loftiness, lordliness, grandeur; More a sense of pride in oneself; self-respect. "it was beneath his dignity to shout" synonyms:tself-respect, pride, self-esteem, self-worth "he had lost his dignity"

by Anonymousreply 235July 28, 2018 11:17 PM

He actually said this:

'I refuse to stay quiet. What riles me is Meghan's sense of superiority. She'd be nothing without me. I made her the Duchess she is today. Everything that Meghan is, I made her.'

I mean, christ.

by Anonymousreply 236July 28, 2018 11:50 PM

^Unbelievable. So where are all the DL haters who were defending this man a month ago?

by Anonymousreply 237July 28, 2018 11:57 PM

The British Royal Family = The Best Soap Opera.

by Anonymousreply 238July 28, 2018 11:57 PM

R236 - I think there is a grain of truth in Pa Markle's statement - obviously, it's overstated, but he was a denizen of the world of network televsion, he put her through school, and it is obvious there was at one time closeness between them - her own Twitter statements reveal that. It would be absurd to say that he had no part in who she turned out to be. I suspect, as well, that the statement is a veiled reference to her, er, tenacity, ruthlessness, and eye to the main chance.

It did go all awry at just the moment Sparkle got what she'd always craved (A-list status), which is a tad ironic. And also ironically, he's doing what he taught her to do: keep an eye on the main chance.

So it's not as absurd a statement as all that but it is fraught with irony. If you look closely, you'll see that they deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 239July 28, 2018 11:59 PM

The problem is the tabloids and her family keep telling her to contact her father, but all he's proven he's willing to do is sell stories of their private conversations back to the tabloids. She's in a no-win situation. When he shared comments about Harry's supposed attitude towards Trump and Brexit, he was going against Royal protocol, since the British Royals are expected to remain resolutely neutral in political matters. He's made absolutely no effort to understand the position his daughter is now in. I'm a dumbass American posting on DL, but even I know that.

by Anonymousreply 240July 29, 2018 1:28 AM

You could say that any child is the sum of their parent, though. And given the way he's acting now - I can't believe he's in his seventies! - he is apparently just a big spoiled child. The more stuff he says, the worse it gets. He would have been able to go to the wedding and to have a relationship with his daughter, the way her mother did, but he and his gross side of the family all decided to try to cash in as soon as they had the opportunity. And who knows why he didn't actually go to the wedding. She had planned for him to be there, his name was in the programs.

And given how they're acting now, you KNOW they had to be pulling the same shit when she was just a network star on Suits, we just didn't hear about it because the press from both sides of the ocean weren't seeking her relatives out for scandalous stories. He sent her to a good university using money he won via a lottery - any parent would have done that. It's not money he scrimped and saved for. He shared his good fortune with his college-aged daughter.

He keeps saying "they're saying this and that about me" - who is "they"? It seems like he's convinced all the negative stories about him are put out by the palace or something. And the way he's trying to transparently guilt her into contacting him by saying things like "oh maybe it's best if I died" or "I hope to see her again before I die" - you know he's been pulling that same manipulative shit with her his entire life. He's too old for this to be sudden, new behavior. With family members like that, the best thing you can do is put distance between you and them. And especially given Meghan's situation, where he won't stop talking to the press, she knows if she meets with him or contacts him or anything that he's going to blab it to the press the next time he needs money or feels depressed or sorry for himself or whatever his issue is.

by Anonymousreply 241July 29, 2018 1:31 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand her family seems batshit. But it is a little odd the way she is ignoring her own father.

by Anonymousreply 242July 29, 2018 1:51 AM

It's just a little strange that everyone in her family seems to have a problem with her, except for her mother.

by Anonymousreply 243July 29, 2018 2:14 AM

According to Pa Markle, MM lived with him from ages 11 to 17. I get the feeling that MM has a complex relationship with both parents, but Doria is of better manner and temperament.

There is something emotionally abusive about the way the Markles insist on playing this drama out in the press. They have to know that this is painful for MM. Pa Markle seems to resent that people are supportive of MM's choice to distance herself from him.

If Pa Markle's rent is $700 and he relies on Social Security and a pension, he probably could use some money. I think that a lot of his anger stems from his feeling that MM didn't really pay him back for all that he did for her.

by Anonymousreply 244July 29, 2018 2:39 AM

Every parent wouldn't spend a windfall on third child's college education. Mine didn't. Just a note, above speaking of Diana's difficulties with her mom, believe that was because her mom deserted the family and ran off with another man when Did was younger. I don't think Di's family acted improperly about royalty-- they were noble and very much acclimated to being in close quarters with the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 245July 29, 2018 2:41 AM

Does the datalounge astrologer still post on here? I think that she was Astrogirl or something like that. We need her to do some readings on these people. Pa Markle is a Cancer sun and is very manipulative.

If you hate astrology, just keep it moving...

by Anonymousreply 246July 29, 2018 3:19 AM

We really don't know anything at all about Doria. She was clearly treated differently from Mr. Markle all through the Sparkle/Harry saga.

(1) She appeared with the couple at the Invictus Games.

(2) At first, Sparkle wanted her mother alone to walk her down the aisle

(3) Apparently Doria received help and advice from the RF about how to deal with the likely media interest.

(4) She was invited to the wedding and was, I'm assuming, assisted with getting the wardrobe for the event

(5) She met members of the Royal Family

I'm still not convinced that Sparkle ever intended for her father to be at the wedding. If she had, she would not have made a big deal about wanting her mother to walk her down the aisle. As for his name appearing in the Order of Service, those could have been printed and/or reprinted easily to reflect whatever scenario was convenient.

If Doria was such a positive influence, why did Sparkle live with her father from age 11 to 17? Pivotal years in a girl's life. Where was Doria during those years that Sparkle could not live with her?

The whole "St. Doria" stuff is dubious to me. Just because she isn't a blabbermouth like the others does not mean that she doesn't have her own skeletons in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 247July 29, 2018 4:15 AM

r245 you do if you're irresponsible with money, the way the father seems to be.

by Anonymousreply 248July 29, 2018 4:24 AM

As long as Pa is going off the rails with these revelations, I wish those who are interviewing him would get the lowdown on some of the unanswered questions about Sparkle:

(1) Was there an early conveniently not mentioned first marriage and, if so, what happened there?

(2) What happened while Sparkle was interning at the US Embassy in South America?

(3) Why did Sparkle live with her father from age 11 onward?

by Anonymousreply 249July 29, 2018 4:37 AM

He may not know who this "Sparkle" is you speak of.

by Anonymousreply 250July 29, 2018 5:10 AM

Prince Harry is a Trump supporter. 🤢

by Anonymousreply 251July 29, 2018 7:52 AM

Meg must be gritting through her shiny whites and dodging concerned looks around the palace. What next? Such a glorious mess for us observers though.

by Anonymousreply 252July 29, 2018 8:35 AM

R178 = Samantha “Wheels” Markle

by Anonymousreply 253July 29, 2018 9:01 AM

R248 Are you saying it is irresponsible for a parent to spend a lottery windfall on a child's education? It would seem irresponsible not to. Which more responsible ways should he have spent it?

by Anonymousreply 254July 29, 2018 12:58 PM

Doria has conducted herself with dignity and discretion, Pa Markel needs to do the same if he ever wants to hear from Meghan again.

by Anonymousreply 255July 29, 2018 1:11 PM

Since it appears ghosting is her pattern, Pa won't hear from Megs again anyway, R255.

Also, she's already an old woman (not some naive little waif). Meaning she made her decision and took actions to target this level of fame and everything that comes along with it. She'll always be part of her family circus, which likely will outlast her stint in the BRF. And if she thought she could control the narrative or rewrite her history... well, no.

As long as the British tabloids are interested enough to keep exposing it, there will be people interested enough to read all about it.

by Anonymousreply 256July 29, 2018 1:38 PM

[quote]If Pa Markle's rent is $700

Doesn't he live in some small Mexican town where rent is generally dirt cheap?

by Anonymousreply 257July 29, 2018 1:44 PM

Has he been giving a series of interviews or did he have one long sit down with whichever tabloid and that publication is dripping out increasingly enticing and erratic details? He seems to have gone from generic hurt father, initially, to vindictive and bizarre. I wonder if in a long, possibly booze soaked interview the journo dictated the pace first asking generic, banal questions then angling for details as time wore on. The kidnapping stuff and weird threats against the RF sound like he was loaded.

It almost sounds like someone wore him down over the course of an afternoon and he started spilling more and more. I wouldn't be surprised if Fleet Street is holding back on the juiciest details from the most "candid" portions of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 258July 29, 2018 2:09 PM

If Pa is getting the maximum Social Security (which he should after making great money) and some kind of pension, the guy should be living very well in Mexico. Maybe he's blowing all his money on booze but he sounds off.

by Anonymousreply 259July 29, 2018 2:20 PM

R258 series of Interviews coupled with this long one where he says all sorts of shit. Clearly about the money.

by Anonymousreply 260July 29, 2018 2:29 PM

This long one evidently took place over 3 days.

If he has full social security and any kind of pension or 401(k) through his union or directly from the tv show, he should be financially secure---even more so in Mexico, where his monthly rent is around $500 (according to the article).

by Anonymousreply 261July 29, 2018 5:21 PM

R257 That recent interview said that his rent is $695. Even countries where it is cheaper to retire to can have high housing expenses. You just save money on everything else. There is a housing crisis everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 262July 29, 2018 5:33 PM

R261 - I agree, I doubt he's in deep financial need unless he's got a secret gambling habit. I am beginning to believe the whole handling of this thing has wounded him deeply and getting money out of it is certainly appealing, perhaps even helpful, but not the primary motive.

Really, something about all this is a bit sad and does not throw a good light on MM, leaving aside the gossip value. The BRF really need to rethink the Ignore Policy at this point, before he drops something really nasty into the public pool.

by Anonymousreply 263July 29, 2018 5:34 PM

Is three a picture of his cliff top home in Rosarito Beach?

by Anonymousreply 264July 29, 2018 5:37 PM

I don't know, maybe my view is colored by rents in urban areas but $600 sounds okay to me. I pay $3000 and I'm relieved it isn't more.

I don't believe this guy just suddenly became such a whiner, dissembler and publicity seeker. I suspect the awful sister has been working on him and he's begun to feel entitled to something. But whatever's going on with his fragile psyche, he has dreadful judgment and has probably destroyed his relationship with MM, and damaged her relationships with Harry and the BRF.

Anyone know why MM wasn't living with her mother from age 10-17?

by Anonymousreply 265July 29, 2018 7:04 PM

He's probably been like this all along. He just has the opportunity for attention now. There's a reason his side of the family is so damaged.

by Anonymousreply 266July 29, 2018 7:16 PM

Whether his rent is $500 or $695, that's nothing in LA. He couldn't even rent a room in a decent area for that much.

He must have some issues, especially with the bankruptcy for such a small amount.

by Anonymousreply 267July 29, 2018 7:24 PM

From King Lear

[quote] How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is To have a thankless child!

The sentiment holds.

by Anonymousreply 268July 29, 2018 7:37 PM

R263 Yeah I could absolutely see that happening when he gets drunk :" Well considering I supported her after she got that abortion, the least she could do is send a card..."

by Anonymousreply 269July 29, 2018 7:49 PM

Pa Markle has an affordable rent but we don't know what his income is really like. The average Social Security payment is around $1400.00. We don't know how long he worked as a lighting director or what his income was really like.

He is doing interviews for a few thousand at a time so he likely needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 270July 29, 2018 8:53 PM

I agree we're judging based on not much information, but between his social security ($1400 seems low to me, but ok) and whatever pension plan he likely was on through his union, he ought to be okay without selling out his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 271July 29, 2018 8:58 PM

R270, you are a fucking moron. He did the entire run of MWC- he's getting the max. Depending on when he starting collecting, that's around $3K. Plus anything else re: pension. Don't pull numbers out of your prolapsed ass about the average.

by Anonymousreply 272July 29, 2018 9:02 PM

R272 I was under the impression that Social Security benefits are calculated from 35 years of your highest earning years. MWC ran for 10 years. Do you know much about his income for the other 25 years? Do you even know what his income was for those 10 years on MWC?

by Anonymousreply 273July 29, 2018 9:46 PM

Well, he won $750k in a lottery one year...

by Anonymousreply 274July 30, 2018 4:45 AM

Do lottery wins count as earnings?

by Anonymousreply 275July 30, 2018 12:11 PM

yes, but not for SS purposes unless SS contributions were deducted from the winnings. Basically, what you get from SS is premised on your SS contributions (up to a maximum amount set annually by SS) while you were working. If you somehow managed to work at jobs where deductions were never taken, you won't get much at the end of the day, but I'm sure MWT had the proper deductions made from his salary.

by Anonymousreply 276July 30, 2018 1:09 PM

Lotto winnings above $1,200 are subject to regular state and federal taxes, but not Social Security. In a state that doesn't have income tax (I think Florida may be one), you'd get away with a huge amount of money in a big jackpot, only liable for federal taxes.

by Anonymousreply 277July 30, 2018 3:19 PM

Well he lived in CA, so Florida info is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 278July 30, 2018 3:23 PM

Oh, settle down. I think R277 is adding to the discussion, not disposing of the question.

by Anonymousreply 279July 30, 2018 3:26 PM

Who cares, he's a tard now, destroying his relationship with his daughter for money. He's clearly worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 280July 30, 2018 3:30 PM

R279, shut your hole.

by Anonymousreply 281July 30, 2018 4:16 PM

Yes, he said wearily, the Florida mention was just a bit of general info. What the fuck is someone's problem over such a miniscule item? Besides, there might be desperate DLer Lotto players who would be willing to move. A friend of mine insists that in order to have a better chance at winning Lotto, you have to have your two front teeth knocked out and relocate to somewhere like Kentucky or Tennessee or South Carolina.

Back to Markle, Sr.'s win, it was my understanding that the Lotto win was still unproven to be fact. If it was fact, and it was $750,000, it is likely that he didn't win a jackpot (which means the first prize), but either a big scratch-off ticket, or second prize in a big game like the Powerball, which is $1 million, less applicable state and federal taxes, which would bring it down to about $750,000.

by Anonymousreply 282July 30, 2018 5:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 30, 2018 5:55 PM

Pa Markle was the lighting director on General Hospital for years before he started working on Married with Children. I believe that those are both union shows. His pension would be high.

He's a malignant narcissist who is saying things that are horrible for a father to say about his daughter.

It's pretty obvious now that Pa Markle is exactly like Tom Jr and Samantha- selfish, greedy, and nuts.

I think Meghan split her time between her parent's 2 houses when Meghan was 11-16.

by Anonymousreply 284July 31, 2018 5:46 AM

Samantha, please get off twitter and get on here. We have questions, Sis! Pudgy airhead? All is forgiven...

Everyone did look happy at Peter Phillips' wedding, but the clothing was awful. You have to really hate MM to believe that Peter Phillips pulled of the wedding of the century in comparison to MM's wedding.

MM had to cover her arms, so a short-sleeved wedding dress was out of the question. Kate already did the v-neck wedding dress which left MM one choice that would flatter her figure, the boat neck. MM actually had a lovely look when you factor in the veil and tiara. Her dress looks beautiful in the official photos.

by Anonymousreply 285July 31, 2018 7:01 AM

How do I order one of those "off with his head" things?

by Anonymousreply 286July 31, 2018 7:06 AM

Sorry. I was meant to post R285 in the dangling tendrils thread.

R284 Even MM's best friend made mention of MM living with her father through her adolescence. It is possible that Doria needed that time to work and go back to school.

by Anonymousreply 287July 31, 2018 7:12 AM

Maybe MM switched to living with her dad after she graduated from the Little Red School House on Highland. She and Doria lived in the mid-Wilshire district.

MM then went to Immaculate Heart in Loz Feliz. Pa Markle's apt in Hollywood would be closer than the house that Doria inherited from her father which is farther south. Doria still lives in that house.

At some point, Doria was a stewardess then went back to school to get her Masters degree to be a social worker..

by Anonymousreply 288July 31, 2018 7:57 AM

R285 - The assumption that MM had to cover her arms from shoulder to below the elbow is absurd. This was the same venue that Peter and Autumn Phillips were married in. Autumn Phillips used a lace shrug that she could take off later at the reception, and looked sufficiently modest. The real point is, that the dress FIT. Perfectly. MM went for what she thought would make her look a bit nunlike and less like the 36 year old social climbing hard-assed divorcee actress that she actually was, and the dress didn't even fit.

No one suggested that Peter Phillips "pulled off the wedding of the century". But you make an inadvertent point: the Phillips wedding looked natural and authentic, and not aiming for a "pulled off" effect of any kind. The point about Harry's wedding is that you could see "we have to pull something off here" strain. The difference is palpable even in photographs.

It was the same venue, and the same Christian denomination, in the same century. Autumn Phillips looked perfect, MM looked like she was trying wayyyy toooo harrrrrd.

by Anonymousreply 289July 31, 2018 1:36 PM

Trying way too hard in her simple dress? Please.

by Anonymousreply 290July 31, 2018 1:40 PM

Samantha Markle has a face that's begging to be smacked.

by Anonymousreply 291July 31, 2018 1:40 PM

Considering the circumstances, I thought it was a lovely wedding. The choir and cellist were wonderful, as were the flowers.

by Anonymousreply 292July 31, 2018 3:52 PM

R292 - Speak of damning with faint praise . . .!

It was all right, as you point out, given the circumstances. But only if you didn't compare it to the Phillips or Cambridge weddings, where everyone really was happy. You can tell the whole thing smelt of a second-rate effort to make lemonade out of lemons, too many things obvious but unacknowledged, and that American preacher reduced the whole thing to comedy. It had to lean too close too show biz and too far from royal just to give it some juice.

Flowers and music are the easiest thing to get right. The glaring unsuitability of the bride, the BRF's poorly hidden ambivalence, and the expressions that did not radiate the happiness you saw at the Phillips and Cambridge weddings, are impossible to miss.

It was the best MM was going to get, and she accepted it - she knows she'll never get another opportunity like this one. But if you think either she or Harry didn't know this was a cut-rate royal wedding loaded with ambivalent atmosphere, think again.

Harry has been a fool, and it will out at some point later on.

by Anonymousreply 293July 31, 2018 4:28 PM

It's worth keeping in mind that after all, it's their brother, son, grandson, nephew, cousin, and loved one who the RF wanted the best for. They are still, after all, his family.

The facial expressions of family members at a wedding are a fair topic. I've not seen a single poster who doubts the very real happy faces at the Peter Phillips wedding. The same cannot be said of the last wedding.

by Anonymousreply 294July 31, 2018 4:43 PM

Meghan's plan worked, she knew when she ghosted him he would react badly and now she has an excuse to cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 295August 1, 2018 12:05 AM

R290 - Yes, that's right: trying way too hard in her simple dress (which didn't fit) to look sweet, demure, innocent, royal, and anything but the calculating social climber she is.

by Anonymousreply 296August 1, 2018 12:41 AM

R296 = deranged anti-Markle frau

by Anonymousreply 297August 1, 2018 12:49 AM

R297 = hysterical Meghan Markle stan.

And she should head over to Celebitchy quickly because given the comments on these Markle threads, DL is simply infested with anti-Markle fraus.

Markle is a grifter famewhore, Markle is a grifter famewhore, Markle is a grifter famewhore - nah nah nahhhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 298August 1, 2018 1:03 AM

According to the DM, royal aides and courtiers are having "emergency summits" to figure out damage control over the Markle Family Saga.

I wait with interest to see what they come up with.

by Anonymousreply 299August 1, 2018 5:55 PM

Oh look, a royal bride in SHORT sleeves, same church, 1992, Lady Helen Windsor.

This is how it's done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 1, 2018 7:18 PM

She looks nice.

by Anonymousreply 301August 1, 2018 8:07 PM

^And you look exceptionally nice for saying so!

by Anonymousreply 302August 1, 2018 8:29 PM

R300 - I forgot about her and how bloody handsome was Tim Taylor?! He got leukimia later on but survived with treatment. She was the beauty of the family back then - they called her "melons" behind her back for obvious reasons.

What a dish was the groom, though!

Very classy dress and wedding. Again, a marked contrast to the Sussex wannabee wedding.

by Anonymousreply 303August 1, 2018 8:42 PM

Okay. To help you understand the plight of Meghan Markle, I submit the following scenario:

You're a senior in high school. There is some sort of school function going on and by far the vast majority of students from freshman to seniors are in attendance. So too are their parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents - the whole town is there. Refreshments are set up on a long table. Whatever the function is, YOU are the star of the show. All eyes are on YOU! Your parents show up: Dad is in a pair of dirty/oily overalls, unshaven, stinky with bo, and nothing but a wife-beater on under the overalls. He's also carrying a tall-boy can of beer in a brown paper bag - too obvious. Your mother is in a house-coat, slippers, and giant hair curlers in her hair. She has a cigarette in one hand and a lighter in the other as she bitches about needing to find a designated smoking area. Your little brother is dirty as can be as he stands around digging in his butt. Your grandparents both have dementia and they're also behaving badly with lots of loud swearing, and your grandfather in particular keeps fiddling with his privates as your grandma complains that it's too hot and comes out of her blouse to sit around in her bra. Your aunts and uncles are no better than the rest. YOU'RE ON! The star of the show/function. Before you can get one word out, all your peeps respond to your first appearing in the spotlight and they start hooting and hollering with "That's my baby!" "Mama's little GIRL!" "LOOK AT MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" and on and on.

Now multiply this scenario times one hundred million. Get what I'm saying? Meghan, I feel your pain, you poor, poor thing. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 304August 1, 2018 8:46 PM

Buy her father a house, give him an allowance, and have him sign a NDA. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 305August 1, 2018 9:24 PM

Share all the photos she sent you from yachts, papa Markle!

by Anonymousreply 306August 1, 2018 9:26 PM

Perhaps we could submit a list of questions we'd love for Pa to answer.

by Anonymousreply 307August 1, 2018 9:29 PM

Not a bad solution, R305. I'd add that he and his family are barred from contact with Meghan, Harry, and the RF in exchange for the house and a stipend.

by Anonymousreply 308August 1, 2018 9:30 PM

Meghan should help her father out financially, if she can. She should also agree to call him once a month. I don't think that money is his only want. He wants to be in MM's life.

by Anonymousreply 309August 3, 2018 2:23 AM

If there really are circumstances that haven't been made public, I'm not sure we're in a position to decide what her familial obligations are, even if this is DL. Her family is awful, and her situation growing up may have been difficult enough for her not to want a relationship with her father any more. It happens, and sometimes it's justified.

by Anonymousreply 310August 3, 2018 2:30 AM

There are lots of people in the entertainment field who have difficult or non-existent relationships with family members.

But, in Sparkle's case, her own social media shows her sending glowing Instagram messages to her father (even though her father had no Instagram account).

She created this scenario with her phony social media shit.

Without all that previous stuff, if she truly was really estranged from her father, she could have simply said that they are not in touch and have not been for a long time (how long) and the reasons are private.

When you live your live by trumpeting all your personal business out for the world to read, you've made it difficult if not impossible to backtrack and still maintain any trace of credibility.

by Anonymousreply 311August 3, 2018 2:59 AM

If MM wants to cut all ties with TM and shut the door - then pay him back for putting her through private school.

It seems he helped her when she needed it most - so it'd be reasonable that she'd do the same for him.

by Anonymousreply 312August 3, 2018 3:08 AM

Um, it's her father, and he offered to pay. She's under no obligation to pay him back. Besides, I'm sure he's made plenty of money selling his stories to the Mail Online whenever he needs cash.

by Anonymousreply 313August 3, 2018 4:17 AM

How does the old saying goes, R313? He who expects gratitude is a fool, he who doesn’t show gratitude is an ass?

by Anonymousreply 314August 3, 2018 4:51 AM

What happened to the Part 6: Dangling Tendrils thread? I saw one opened yesterday and now it seems to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 315August 3, 2018 2:01 PM

Sorry, found it.

R315

by Anonymousreply 316August 3, 2018 2:47 PM

I must be the only one here, but I feel sorry for him. Yes, he's clueless, angry and bitter, none of which is attractive, but I think he was a wonderful dad who showered MM with love and did all he could to give his daughter a great life. And to be dropped just because it's awkward for his kid's new family doesn't sit well with me at all. His life looks a lot less scandalous than what went on in the BRF, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 317August 3, 2018 2:56 PM

R309 Before all of this, Pa Markle preferred that Meghan and others communicate with him via text. To me, that signals he frequently gets drunk, stoned smoking pot, or he is addicted to opioids. He doesn't want people to hear him slurring words like he did on at least one of his English TV morning interviews.

He doesn't want anyone to kill his buzz with a phonecall.

Samantha admits to Pa Markle smoking pot during his Hollywood day. An unnamed source said he worked 12-16 hour days and took something to keep him awake. This would obviously be cocaine although Samantha denies it. She claims that he would have never had been able to do his job and stay focused. Total bullshit. It's exactly WHY many people in Hollywood snort coke. It's the long hours.

I worked with tons of people in Hollywood who used coke. It made them irritable, fidgety, sweaty and they would forget that they had approved something. It was so obvious -- the repetitive trips to the bathroom. Heroin users would sleep through everything and disappear for a couple days. Rarely saw anybody drunk during work hours, only after hours.

by Anonymousreply 318August 3, 2018 3:30 PM

Samantha is one of those people who is a professional know-it-all, even though she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 319August 3, 2018 3:31 PM

R317

Pa Markle is saying things that are more than just awkward. In his interviews, he says things that are hateful, undermining and embarrassing. "I made Meghan the Duchess she is today!"

He's been revealed to be a malignant narcissist. Meghan had trouble with him before she even met Harry, according to her friend. hers.

I felt sorry for Pa Markle before but not now. He is putting daggers into Doria, Meghan, Harry and his family. It explains why Samantha and Tom Jr. are such hideous people. They all have mental problems and terrible envy.

Meghan staying silent isn't working. Her dad and his 2 other kids are extortionists. But I guess if I were in her place, I would pay her dad off by buying him a new place back in the US+ give him a lump sum placed in a trust that pays off anything he paid for her upbringing. I'd put additional money in the trust with a trustee who pays the property taxes and utilities and gives him spending money each month otherwise he'd blow the whole thing.

I don't know how this would affect his Social Security.

I'd also pay for rehab, a new primary care doctor and cardiologist who communicates w/ MM, a trainer, and pre-prepared healthy meals that are delivered to his home so he can lose weight.

In exchange, her dad would have to sign a non-disclosure contract and demand that Samantha and Tom Jr. cease-and-desist any mention of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 320August 3, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote]Buy her father a house, give him an allowance, and have him sign a NDA. Problem solved.

I agree. Sometimes the thing to do is throw money at a problem. They can put the house in trust until he dies and it can revert back to Harry.

To have him shuffling around in the border town living on McDonald's is going to be a big problem until it's sorted.

Money was also the big problem for Fergie. The RF have more money than God and need to deal with this problem discreetly and generously.

by Anonymousreply 321August 3, 2018 3:51 PM

sorry, I rushed to post and R320 has already laid it all out in great detail

by Anonymousreply 322August 3, 2018 3:53 PM

R322 That's ok. Many of us are thinking along the same lines.

Meghan might be trying to do the "Medium Chill" method that teaches you how to deal with borderlines. Unfortunately, I don't think Medium Chill can ever work with family members.

It could be that Pa Markle is borderlines as well as being a malignant narcissist who has to hurt people.

by Anonymousreply 323August 3, 2018 4:20 PM

The OP's post on this thread is now greyed out.

by Anonymousreply 324August 3, 2018 4:25 PM

Both of Meghan's parents declared bankruptcy. Many people are forced to do it. Medical bills are the number one reason for people having to declare bankruptcy.

Mexico might be cheaper for Pa Markle than CA in terms of rent and living space. But, you have to factor in the cost of gas to drive back and forth from LA (where he still has an apartment) and the quality of healthcare he's receiving, it may not be worth it.

Pa Markle or one of his friends said that one of the reasons that he moved to Mexico was to get away from the life he had in LA. This sounds like drugs to me and druggie friends.

It's hard retiring from Hollywood but everyone is getting older. Most people don't "hide out" in a different country especially when you have Social Security plus a UNION from decades of work in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 325August 3, 2018 4:29 PM

>>It could be that Pa Markle is borderlines as well as being a malignant narcissist who has to hurt people.

Disagree completely.

by Anonymousreply 326August 3, 2018 5:44 PM

R326

How would you diagnose Pa Markle? He is definitely a Narcissist. In his first TV interview, he only talked about himself --- how he would be a "footnote in history." He never said anything like, "I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for my daughter."

by Anonymousreply 327August 3, 2018 5:51 PM

He's not very well tethered to reality, this one. Not just the "footnote in history" and similar comments about his place in the wedding, but presuming to comment about the Queen's meeting with Trump and declaring that he made his daughter what she is today. It's more than self-aggrandisement; it's that he has no sense of what's appropriate to say publicly.

by Anonymousreply 328August 3, 2018 5:54 PM

Good catch, R328. As well as the poster above who mentioned pharmaceuticals, and my earlier comments that TM sr is hurt, bitter and angry. But he is not malevolent.

by Anonymousreply 329August 3, 2018 6:21 PM

Well this whole thing is an attempt to extort money from the BRF. I would not pay one cent. Eventually people will move on.

by Anonymousreply 330August 3, 2018 6:35 PM

This man is going to keep talking as long as the DM keeps paying.

by Anonymousreply 331August 3, 2018 11:07 PM

R331 - Spot on. What is more, the DM isn't going to stop paying as long as they can damage MM in the public's eye.

Even the Burrell article today seems sympathetic on its face BUT he sez:

She wanted to be famous (check, married him out of personal ambition)

She got what she wanted (check, wealth and global recognition), and

But she needs to get that baby out ASAP (check, she's no spring chicken) or she'll lose Harry.

by Anonymousreply 332August 4, 2018 12:00 AM

Burrell is really scurrilous. And apparently shameless, or he'd keep a low profile.

by Anonymousreply 333August 4, 2018 12:02 AM

R333 - Indeed, he is - a true Bottom Feeder. But like many Bottom Feeders, he won't flinch from saying things no one else will, such as that Sparkle married Harry to be famous, she got what she wanted, she's hitting some rocks earlier than supposed, and She Needs To Have That Baby And Soon.

Or she's toast.

by Anonymousreply 334August 4, 2018 1:02 AM

It will be interesting if she can't get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 335August 4, 2018 1:11 AM

Her mother has been dignified and maintained her silence. Everyone on her father's side has been happily giving interviews and making television appearances, even promoting a strain of marijuana named after her. They're all malignant grifters. I'd happily cut them out of my life.

by Anonymousreply 336August 4, 2018 2:09 AM

Burrell is a bottom AND bottom feeder.

I wouldn't give anyone in this family a penny, except the mom if she needs it. Like I said before, blackmail never ends. Pa will be dead soon enough and roller girl can only rant for so long.

by Anonymousreply 337August 4, 2018 2:24 AM

R337 Sister Samantha will be ranting for years to come. She's angry and bitter so there is no end in sight. She will pick up where her father left off should he stop doing interviews for whatever reason.

Burrell told no lies. Let's face it, you have to do the work to marry a Prince. Kate pretty much followed William to college for the opportunity. MM had a friend set her up with Harry. It takes strategic thinking and acting to pull this kind of thing off.

I wish MM and Harry the best in their family planning. May they have as many children as they desire.

by Anonymousreply 338August 5, 2018 12:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 6, 2018 1:01 AM

wrong link.

by Anonymousreply 340August 6, 2018 1:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 6, 2018 1:27 AM

I've never seen this happen before. The URL at the top of the article is wrong. It takes you to Samantha's old "cashing in" video again.

by Anonymousreply 342August 6, 2018 1:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 7, 2018 12:01 PM

Well, damn! The DM link is bad again --- it's going to a video instead of the article called:

EXCLUSIVE: Inside Meghan Markle's childhood homes: The 'rags to riches' story of the American-born royal, who lived in cramped, dingy flats until she found fame in Suits and married Prince Harry

by Anonymousreply 344August 7, 2018 12:02 PM

Radar is claiming that the 38-year-old woman who Pa Markle has been hanging out with in Mexico (as a "daughter") is a meth head who took him for at least $6 K and then disappeared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 9, 2018 10:34 PM

All the more reason for Miss --er Duchess Megan to set up a lifetime trust for papa and otherwise shut him down. Poor old Harry.....

by Anonymousreply 346August 9, 2018 10:37 PM

Meh, Radar Online, they are usually full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 347August 9, 2018 11:27 PM

Regardless of what Pa did for her in the past, he's screaming loud and clear that currently, she can't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 348August 9, 2018 11:53 PM

Oh, Jeez, it's that execrable Rob Shuter. He'll say anything at all to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 349August 9, 2018 11:58 PM

Harry, Wills and Waity are very proud of founding a mental health charity, HEADS TOGETHER, which I believe Meghan has joined.

Pa Markle has obviously lost a lot of his marbles, so why isn't his mental health a priority for his son-in-law, Harry, and the daughter, Meghan, to whom, as she has often said herself, Pa Markle gave everything?

Harry and Meghan, those proud humanitarians, are so concerned with the sanity of strangers that they just have to drop a lot of taxpayer money to do photo ops with them wearing $10K outfits, but can't help her own father maybe see a therapist or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 10, 2018 12:08 AM

I doubt there's much wrong with Papa's mental health. He's just an asshole with bad judgment, and Rob Shuter's not a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 351August 10, 2018 12:11 AM

Meghan on her Dad :

"He taught me to write thank you notes, to always arrive early, to drink Arnold Palmers [a non-alcoholic cocktail of lemonade and iced tea], to find my light when I’m on camera...and beyond.

"And that, right there, is my point: my dad taught me to find my light."

And also from the mouth of Meghan;

" 'just as we need more men like my father, who championed my 11-year-old self to stand up for what is right.'

by Anonymousreply 352August 10, 2018 12:26 AM

If you had a loved one on a texting basis with TMZ, you'd put some distance too

by Anonymousreply 353August 10, 2018 12:45 AM

Her dad was her champion all her life. Less than a year ago she was singing his praises, and she did (after her brother shamed her) invite him to her wedding.

Then, after keeping silent for years, including throughout her courtship with Harry (such as it was) Pa Markle suddenly loses it - he needs help, but she's left him alone to rot in Mexico, easy prey to the likes of the loathsome TMZ.

Harry, Charles or the BRF with their off-shore billions, could have paid for a discreet psychiatrist or other mental health professional to intervene with Pa, but instead Meghan, as is her wont, just brutally cut him off and is now contradicting her own words about what an incredible father he was in order to save her own deservedly damaged reputation.

And Meghan lied about paparazzi breaking into her house in Toronto, and has an very fluid relationship with the truth in general, so I'd venture to guess that if she were her Dad, she'd be doing the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 354August 10, 2018 12:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355August 10, 2018 1:00 AM

R350 You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Pa Markle is stubborn.

I can see Samantha, Tom Jr. and Tom Sr. agreeing to appear on The Dr. Phil Show IF they are paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 356August 11, 2018 5:44 AM

They'd go on Jerry Springer for scratch off tickets [R356]

by Anonymousreply 357August 11, 2018 6:47 AM

I gave this marriage 5 years. I'm taking it down to 3.

by Anonymousreply 358August 11, 2018 8:54 PM

Well, now that r358 has decreed it as such, it MUST be so!

by Anonymousreply 359August 11, 2018 9:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 13, 2018 2:42 AM

Don't know why r360 links to the video because it's an article.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6051067/THOMAS-MARKLE-Meghans-father-hits-bull-t-written-revealing-interview.html

by Anonymousreply 361August 13, 2018 3:05 AM

R360 That is the best article about Pa Markle so far. I may sugar, but I am here for Pa Markle.

Harry took a leap into a real toxic nightmare. The British press is eating this up. The BRF has been boring of late. Andrew chasing skirts? Boring. Fergie going broke? Old news. Harry's wife's family engaging in an international circus act in print and on video? Indeed!

I think that MM is handling this wrong. She should talk to her father. So what if he runs to the press. It will be good press for her. She should just talk to him twice a month. He will keep quiet. He didn't talk to the press until she cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 362August 13, 2018 3:11 AM

Totally agree ( sugar or not!) It's not even difficult.

by Anonymousreply 363August 13, 2018 3:13 AM

R362 of course he did. That was what caused the problems. He set up the pap shots, lied about it to Harry and probably Meghan, got caught, and then felt embarrassed and made up the heart attack b.s. to get out of the wedding. Then he kept giving interviews afterwards like some sort of bandaid was ripped off. And his other older daughter keeps provoking him and saying whatever she can to make money from it, which just exacerbates things. They're both malignant narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 364August 13, 2018 4:41 AM

I'm not crazy about Megan but Samantha appears to be completely psycho

by Anonymousreply 365August 13, 2018 4:55 AM

The half sister changed her last name back to Markle - legally - and dyed her hair black to match Meghan's, when she found out about the engagement. She fully intended to monetize it from the start and when her boring "yes I knew her twenty years ago" tales didn't work she decided to cast Meghan as the antichrist and make her money that way. She's basically a white Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 366August 13, 2018 5:11 AM

MeAgain's not the Antichrist, but she's clearly a flaming bitch as seen in her video interviews and elsewhere, that's as claimed

by Anonymousreply 367August 13, 2018 5:56 AM

I love Meghan and think she's amazing, and her detractors are misogynists who hate successful, funny women, and love scat play.

by Anonymousreply 368August 13, 2018 6:06 AM

The Queen is probably telling every unmarried royal that anyone who brings home an American is getting sent to the Tower.

by Anonymousreply 369August 13, 2018 8:18 AM

R369 - more like insisting that any royal seriously dating an American has to bring the prospective spouse to Balmoral for the entire stretch (August-September-part of October) with no trips out, and forced to fly fish, stalk deer, grill sausages at family picnics, and take long, long walks every day between tea and dinner - AND go to Craithie Church every Sunday for services; AND learn reels for the annual Highland Ball.

They also have to attend the Burleigh Horse Trials.

And the Highland Games.

And live in a council flat in Rochdale for one year incognito so s/he really gets to know the country well.

by Anonymousreply 370August 14, 2018 2:12 AM

Initially, I had thought Meghan was a horrible daughter for disowning her family, particularly her elderly father.

Now, I get it.

Those people are leeches.

by Anonymousreply 371August 14, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote] Those people are leeches.

So is Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 372August 14, 2018 4:13 AM

^^The Duchess of Cambridge

by Anonymousreply 373August 14, 2018 4:22 AM

Realistically, how could Meg and her dad ever rebuild a relationship?

The dad has sold her out, made hurtful comments about her new family, and sided with her extremely deranged sister.

by Anonymousreply 374August 14, 2018 6:37 AM

R374 apparently Samantha markles own daughter is estranged from her. That says something.

by Anonymousreply 375August 14, 2018 6:48 AM

R374 Please, her father is a big oaf but he clearly adores her and thinks the world of her.

You can't compare him and Samantha.

As for what he said, at worst he exposed Harry as an idiot, what everybody knew before. He didn't spill State's secrets or anything compromising.

He's hurt and he's speaking cause for the first time in years someone will listen to him. I know tons of people like him and they're not bad people.

by Anonymousreply 376August 14, 2018 6:59 AM

R375 Samantha's mother and daughter don't speak to her.

by Anonymousreply 377August 14, 2018 7:54 AM

R377 shit, her mother too? Wow, I knew her daughter didn't speak to her but I didn't know about the mother. Samantha must be seriously fucked up in the way she treats people.

by Anonymousreply 378August 14, 2018 8:40 AM

No [R376] , he's not nearly as bad as Samantha (BITCH IS FUCKING CRAY) but he's taking advice from her/siding with her, however you want to put it.

Would you want to let someone back in your life who is hanging out with your deranged stalker?

by Anonymousreply 379August 14, 2018 8:42 AM

R379 It's his fucking daughter.

I know parents who keep relationship with their junkie son because they love him anyway. I know parents who keep a relationship with their fucked up daughter cause they simply can't cut bridges. There's even parents who love the shit out their murdering child cause he's still their child, even monstrous.

You can't just ask a father to cut all links with his daughter cause you don't like her, even if she's crazy.

I would never ask Meghan to meet Samantha, but she has no right to ask her father to not speak to his other daughter anymore. What kind of child ask their father to chose between his children?

by Anonymousreply 380August 14, 2018 8:52 AM

R380 MM probably asked her dad not to talk to Samantha about her and Harry. I doubt she told him to stop talking to Samantha entirely.

by Anonymousreply 381August 14, 2018 9:14 AM

Meghan obviously wanted to cut her father out but she didn't have the balls to tell him so she figured she would ghost him and now it's backfiring. She really didn't play it smart and she is to blame for this backfiring.

by Anonymousreply 382August 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Agree with posts stating that there is a difference between the half-sister and the father. MM's father did something for her, the half-sib is just a jealous pyscho.

But the relationship between MM and her father is a more nuanced, complex and much sadder situation. He may be acting stupidly, but probably polish was never his strong suit. Nevertheless, he parented as well as he could, loved her, paid for her college education, and she showered him with affectionate and grateful messages at one time.

But once she attained a position where polish is really important, she dumped him, that's also clear. The fact that she never allowed him to meet Harry all the time they were dating should have told Markle, Snr. which way the wind was blowing.

Neither MM nor her father come out of this smelling like roses, but MM will of course play the tragic victim here.

by Anonymousreply 383August 14, 2018 1:21 PM

How can he have a relationship with both his daughters when one is an obsessive psycho ranting and raving about the other every single day?

She'd be up dad's ass "Tell me about Meghan, tell me about Meghan" and he'd probably crack pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 384August 14, 2018 4:31 PM

He seems like too kind a person to cut off a child, a disabled one. I'm sure she doesn't say "tell me about Meghan," all day. She probably checks on him, and asks if he's heard from her.

by Anonymousreply 385August 14, 2018 4:54 PM

He's obviously not right in the head, and the sister has MS, which can affect the brain.

I looked at the sister's Twitter when this first started and she actually had some really interesting things to say and linked to intelligent articles on politics and other liberal causes. Her twitter got progressively more bonkers, so I do think the MS might be partially responsible.

One of the sister's daughter, MM's niece, is a Nazi-sympathizer. The Daily Mail had a big expose on this niece, which has now disappeared. Now MM's camp is claiming that she's only met this niece once, yet when the niece was saying good things about MM the media was happy to repeat them as if MM and her niece were Best Buds.

The sister's mother looks like Faces of Meth, so I'm not sure how much credence to give her, especially since she doesn't seem to have known MM at all.

Bottom line, according to her sister, her brother, her teachers, her friends and MM herself, her father spoiled MM rotten. Dad's heart is broken, he's old, tired, in poor health, lonely and seems to be having mental issues. Given that MM and Harry have set themselves up very publicly as champions of mental health (they have a foundation), they should be reminded that charity begins at home.

by Anonymousreply 386August 14, 2018 5:13 PM

I thought we learned our lesson after that American bitch Wallis bilked her way in.

Now we've got this American thot and her derelicts? Appalling.

by Anonymousreply 387August 14, 2018 5:30 PM

R387 - LOL. I'd give a good deal to hear Pss. Anne on the subject of Meghan Markle.

Of course, Anne like Fergie a lot when she came along, too.

by Anonymousreply 388August 14, 2018 5:56 PM

Dear [R386] Samantha seems to hate Trump, which just proves she has a single functioning brain cell. It doesn't mean she isn't otherwise a complete basket case.

The only expose on the Nazi niece is on Radar...which...lol. When her nephew got caught bringing a knife into a London bar, it was EVERYWHERE.

By dad's own admission, Meghan cut him off after the paparazzi bullshit, which Samatha claims was her idea. So we saw how well things were going when he was involved with both his daughters.

If I had a sibling who was ranting and raving about me all day every day on Twitter, threatening to bring me down, I would definitely ask my parent to choose.

There's a difference in saying "loving your troubled child" and "your child who is actively threatening your other child/ren"

Personally, the messy family is the most interesting thing about Meg, but I find it hard to believe most of us wouldn't build a wall if our relatives were acting this way.

by Anonymousreply 389August 14, 2018 7:03 PM

There was a full article on Meghan's Nazi niece in the Daily Mail, R389, complete with photos of some of her writings on the topic of loving Hitler. That article seems to have disappeared and being forced to disappear it possibly caused the DM to get even more pissed off with Harry, Meghan and the RF.

What many Sugars don't seem to get is that people who work with celebrities all the time, especially entertainment journalists and publicists, know what a bunch of phony shits they are, and are deep-down dying to expose them. The DM is doing just that, with its snide, pretend fan-gurl articles and open comment section, in which Meghan haters are allowed to go to town - exposing Sparkle for the phony she is and Harry for the utterly dumb, entitled little shit he is.

That Harry recently aimed a polo ball at the press pack is not going to make things better. Did I mention that he's dumb?

by Anonymousreply 390August 14, 2018 7:38 PM

I work in Hollywood. I know. I have no opinion as to whether Meghan is Cruella De Vil or Cinderella.

I just find it hard to believe anyone on DL wouldn't run for the hills if your family was acting like the Markles.

by Anonymousreply 391August 14, 2018 7:42 PM

You know that a contract is legit when it starts off with:

"To whoever is reading this, you are obviously interested in my offer to become a Nazi. If you decide to agree to this, you will not regret it. You will be treated with extreme respect, and will not be bothered by any non-Nazis...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392August 14, 2018 7:52 PM

Perfect for Meghan, because Harry's a nazi too! ( Well, he dressed as one.). I wouldn't ask my parents to choose between siblings, that's crazy manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 393August 14, 2018 7:54 PM

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, [R393] but if one of your siblings was obsessively harassing you?

I would.

by Anonymousreply 394August 14, 2018 7:57 PM

R388, a lot of people liked Fergie; she was type "spirited upper-class English girl."

by Anonymousreply 395August 14, 2018 7:58 PM

R391 the Meghan-haters find any way to justify their misogyny and hatred of successful women. And then they rub feces all over themselves to satisfy their scat fetish.

by Anonymousreply 396August 14, 2018 7:59 PM

She abandoned both of her rescue dogs after using them as props on her social media and after one broke two legs. That says enough about her to me.

by Anonymousreply 397August 14, 2018 8:00 PM

R396 Successful?

by Anonymousreply 398August 14, 2018 8:00 PM

R397 I thought one came over to the UK with her. But that wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 399August 14, 2018 8:01 PM

Samantha doesn't have a relationship with a single family member besides her dad.

And I bet, pre-Harry, she didn't talk to him much either.

by Anonymousreply 400August 14, 2018 8:01 PM

R396- triggered!

by Anonymousreply 401August 14, 2018 8:02 PM

R398 she was worth about $5m before Harry. One doesn't costar on a show for seven years without putting aside a few bucks. But either way, she wasn't living in the projects!

by Anonymousreply 402August 14, 2018 8:02 PM

R401 = scat fetishist

by Anonymousreply 403August 14, 2018 8:03 PM

5 mil seems a bit high. USA isn't HBO and she wasn't the lead. And who knows what her save/spend ratio was.

by Anonymousreply 404August 14, 2018 8:04 PM

R397 and R399 - MM brought the Beagle to London with her. He was riding in the Rolls Royce with the Queen on the way to the wedding rehearsal, remember? The other one she left with friends in the states because it was advised to her that he wouldn't survive the journey - he's older.

by Anonymousreply 405August 14, 2018 8:06 PM

No, R405, the dog she left in Canada was not older. She had pictures of him as a puppy on her social media. At most, he was six.

Harry has access to many means of getting that dog over to the UK- private jet, ocean liner. She just didn't want the dog, even though she boasted endlessly about what a lover of shelter dogs she was "adopt don't shop" and how she and her dogs were a "package deal."

The dog she supposedly brought to the UK was the one that broke two legs. Whether the dog that was pictured with the Queen was MM's is up for debate because it didn't look like a Beagle.

Also, MM, desperately needing good PR, could have easily appeared in a casual shot with her dog, or even a staged one, the Brits being a nation of dog lovers and all. Wills, Kate and Pippa all use their dogs in photo ops. But there hasn't been a sighting of MM and the broken-legged dog, so...

Fortune or Forbes estimated that she made $50 K an episode by the end of her time on SUITS. That's about $450K a year, but then she has to pay taxes (and possibly Canadian taxes too?) her agent, her manager, the PR person she hired to get humanitarian gigs, her exorbitant Instagrammed lifestyle of foreign trips replete with expensive food, wine and lodging, and personal upkeep - she's a fan of inner-cheek massages at a few hundred dollars a pop. Plus that 50K was at the end of her run. Chances are, on her own she has almost nothing.

by Anonymousreply 406August 14, 2018 8:15 PM

R405 he was older than that and too old to fly. They actually won't let pets on most airlines older than seven years.

You just hate her and will find any reason to hate her, even making up things to justify it. Just admit it's emotion-based.

by Anonymousreply 407August 14, 2018 8:25 PM

R407 If only there was some sort of private way to fly from one place to another and Harry and Meghan could have afforded it. If only....

by Anonymousreply 408August 14, 2018 8:27 PM

The reason for the rules is because it's dangerous for animals to fly after a certain age. It's not a rule just because the airlines are mean. Her leaving him behind was benevolent for the animal, taking him on an 11 hour flight would have been selfish and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 409August 14, 2018 8:30 PM

No, the dog was not older. MM documented how old the dog actually was on her own social media. It was a relatively big dog, and MM had pictures of it as a small puppy with the dates.

MM herself is the one who gave us the dog's age, that is before she lied about it.

Plus MM, name dropper extraordinaire, tells the story of how Ellen DeGeneres was the person who convinced her to adopt the dog (see link).

Seriously, what has this woman done to make you defend her? She bought her humanitarian aid work, ie using little brown people as props, all two trips.

She was a proud feminist who gave up every jot of her independence to marry a really dim, entitled brat, who, completely coincidentally, has access to fabulous wealth and power.

I reserve my hatred for Dick Cheney, Donnie Fatso and the Smirking Chimp. I dislike her because I have seen people like her, narcissists, ruin the lives of people I love. Donnie Fatso is a narcissist and he's destroying the world.

MM doesn't have that power, but she does have the power to ruin a big chunk of the BRF's power, which is actually a good thing, so go Meghan!

[quote] Meghan Markle Adopted Her First Dog 'Because Ellen [DeGeneres] Told Me To

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 14, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote]They actually won't let pets on most airlines older than seven years.

Here you go. We'll wait.

Or are you saying that only airlines in existence fewer than seven years allow dogs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411August 14, 2018 8:58 PM

R390 - Pardon?? What Nazi article by Meghan about Hitler?!

Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 412August 14, 2018 9:39 PM

R390 - ah, never mind, it's the niece, I see it upthread.

R412

by Anonymousreply 413August 14, 2018 9:47 PM

R410 - "She was a proud feminist who gave up every jot of her independence to marry a really dim, entitled brat, who, completely coincidentally, has access to fabulous wealth and power."

One of the things that interests me about people is the huge convergence there so often is between what they say and what they actually feel. I agree with you: Meghan Markle is a narcissistic opportunist. Feminism and humanitarian work, these days, are great crowd pleasers: naturally she spouted them. But underneath that, a completely opposite emotional craving is at work: for protection, security, status, beautiful clothes, and a Man Who Can Give Her Everything.

She really gave up nothing in marrying Dim Henry except her facade; what she fulfilled were her real wishes, which she wouldn't have dared to articulate. She was, to some extent, her father's treasured little princess. And now, she's replaced with a real prince who has turned her into his treasured princess.

The real forces that drive people can, ironically, sometimes be discerned by their public protestations in the opposite direction.

(Not unlike male homophobes who underneath it all crave cock.)

So that's my view - Meghan Markle was absolutely none of the things she pretended to be, except ambitious. She hasn't given up a thing: she's gotten exactly what she always wanted. That's the framework within which you have to look at all her actions.

by Anonymousreply 414August 14, 2018 10:01 PM

We get it, you hate Meghan and think she's the antichrist. It's boring already as you say the same thing in your longass repetitive psycho posts where you twist every possible thing so she's not ever done anything good in her life or honorable. Just stalk her and get arrested when you send her your feces in a jar so we can be rid of you already.

by Anonymousreply 415August 14, 2018 10:09 PM

There are oodles of websites devoted to Meghan worship, R415. The Meghan-loving loons over at Celebitchy write novels, as if Meghan were their own personal Jane Austen heroine, spinning fantasies about a woman who is, in essence, a very basic LA narcissist, ass-kissing, dime-a-dozen social climber. One who would be a complete nobody were she not married to a man who , very luckily, sprang out of a celebrated womb.

There are people to admire all over the world for what they've contributed and what they've risked to contribute. And then there's Meghan Markle. Who has no attributes to distinguish her beyond a steely ability to use anyone to get what she wants, and to feel 100% convinced that she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 416August 14, 2018 10:28 PM

*the huge LACK of convergence, he said wearily.

R414

by Anonymousreply 417August 14, 2018 10:41 PM

R415 - Oh, cram it. The woman calls herself a feminist and then marries a rich dimwit who gives her a title so she can swan around in hugely expensive luxury label clothes on someone else's dime and you're calling us out for calling her out on it?!

Sorry if the truth hurts.

by Anonymousreply 418August 14, 2018 10:43 PM

Choice is the heart of feminism. She made her choice which is her right. Even Gloria Steinham eventually got married to w wealthy man.

by Anonymousreply 419August 14, 2018 11:42 PM

The only thing interesting about Meghan is her dumpster fire of a family.

What will they do next?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420August 14, 2018 11:51 PM

R416 I'm actually ambivalent, but your rabid hatred of her makes me want to point out the very wide flaws in your arguments and the obvious lies and wild assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 421August 15, 2018 12:57 AM

R419 - An evasion if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 422August 15, 2018 1:50 AM

R397

The beagle, Guy, is with Meghan in London. He rode with the Queen to get to Windsor Castle right before the wedding.

Who really knows what happened with Bogart. I read that her ex (either ex-husband or ex-Bf, the chef , wouldn't allow Bogart to move to London. It was probably a joint adoption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 15, 2018 5:09 AM

R419 - right, and your choices tell people how you really feel and what you really value. Choice is not the heart of feminism: - that's sophistry. A great "feminist" who "chooses" to marry a dimwit with money and a title who is then the fount of everything she has, and whose clothes become the focal point of public interest in her, and who allows other women to curtsey to her because of the title she got from her rich stupid husband, and carry her extra flowers at official events, isn't a feminist. No real feminist worthy of the name would marry Harry Windsor, accept the title, curtsey to his Mum, take on the family's religion, and let other women curtsey to her.

She's not a feminist for "choosing" a life that is completely contrary to real feminism. She is, in this, as she is in so many other ways, a manufactured persona that shifts when it is to her advantage to do so.

by Anonymousreply 424August 15, 2018 1:02 PM

Another lengthy post explaining why everything Meghan does is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 425August 15, 2018 1:19 PM

R424 I agree, some people think prostitution and hard core porn are "feminist" cause some women chose do sell their body for whatever reason.

If you like a man to piss on you, ok whatever, do as you want. Pretending than being filmed when a man pisses on you is feminism, is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 426August 15, 2018 1:53 PM

R425 - Yes, let's pretend we don't see the contradiction between her much-touted feminism and allowing other women to curtsey to her because she married a rich titled dumbo. Calling her out on that is exactly the same as explaining why "everything" she does is wrong.

The only psychos here are people so rabidly devoted to her because she's half-black that they insist she's beyond criticism - even though she has virtually refused to support the British fashion industry whilst the future King of Great Britain pays for her clothes from his revenues from the land management of the Duchy of Cornwall, the scutwork of which is carried out by British taxpayers, and badly fitting clothes at that, and calls herself a feminist whilst marrying up into the most antiquated, unequal system on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 427August 15, 2018 3:31 PM

Back to Papa Markle...I do think that MM can find a place in her life for her father. He doesn't have to meet the Queen or anything like that, but he can get a phone call a month, presents/cards, and a small stipend.

The siblings are dysfunctional and MM has every right not to have a relationship with them. It would be terrible if MM had to look back on her life and think that she cut off a devoted, albeit troubled, father over some picture money.

by Anonymousreply 428August 15, 2018 3:55 PM

The curtsying is not in her control, R427, as I suppose you know; no point in having a tantrum over it.

I'm not sure I agree that MM needs to find a place in her life for her father; whatever she does, he will only want more--and since it worked once to create a big public fuss, he'll not hesitate to do it again. A small stipend administered by a trustee is about as far as I'd go, with the understanding that it will disappear if he can't behave appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 429August 15, 2018 4:00 PM

R429 I think that this matter can be resolved with limited contact, very limited contact.

by Anonymousreply 430August 15, 2018 4:24 PM

I can't get over the sloppy vetting--how could the family issues not have been flushed out? Or maybe they were and Harry was just pigheaded.

by Anonymousreply 431August 15, 2018 4:34 PM

R429 - Actually, the curtseying is ENTIRELY within her and Harry's control - it isn't a law. All the Sussexes have to do is make an announcement that they prefer that people NOT bow and curtsey, and presto! It is done.

But then, what would be the point of marrying a Prince and becoming an HRH if you don't get to enjoy all the status cliches?

by Anonymousreply 432August 15, 2018 4:48 PM

R423 Bogart, the dog abandoned in Canada (maybe, who knows where puppy really is), was adopted when Meghan was still married to Husband #1 (or Husband #2 if Tumblr is to be believed) the producer. The hunky chef Meghan dumped for Harry was never the dog's owner.

The dog seen with the queen was never identified, and most people think it is the queen's dog, not the dog Meghan allegedly brought to England, which then mysteriously broke two legs and was never seen again.

Again, DM readers were outraged at Meghan's dog dumping. A "casual" photo-op with the dog, maybe a set-up pap stroll like the ones Meghan excels at, would do wonders for her poll numbers, especially given that many people following the Markle Debacle (TM DL) have now cottoned on that Meghan seems to be a pump and dump of everyone and everything in her life.

As to calling yourself a feminist while living off of others, in Meghan's case the graft of a bunch of taxpayers, is Third Wave bullshit.

And for her to call herself a humanitarian is equally as absurd and outrageous. Wearing a 75K dress and having people curtsey to you, even more outrageous because it's only because of who you married, is nowhere close to the woman who works 50 hours as a housekeeper then helps out at the Sunday soup kitchen.

Meghan and her sugars should be ashamed that she still insists on the feminist and humanitarian designations, but, like Trump and his voters, sanity and shame are beyond them.

by Anonymousreply 433August 15, 2018 5:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 16, 2018 2:04 AM

The Queen does not have a beagle. She has 2 Dorgis, Vulcan and Candy. They're a mix of Corgi and Dachshund. That most certainly is Guy riding with her. I think the video is very sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 16, 2018 4:44 AM

[quote] That most certainly is Guy riding with her.

"Most certainly"????

How ever could you know that?

by Anonymousreply 436August 16, 2018 5:05 AM

When I see longass rambling responses in this thread I know they are highly likely to come from the Meghan-haters and just skip over them once they are identified. Can't you be briefer in your manipulation of events to turn her into Satan? We all know what you're going to say about anything positive she does, so no need to be so verbose.

by Anonymousreply 437August 16, 2018 5:10 AM

R436

A beagle was riding with the Queen to Windsor Castle. Meghan owns a beagle. The Queen does not. Meghan was getting married the following day at Windsor Castle.

The vet who treated Guy for his broken legs was attending the wedding. For heaven's sake. Odds are 99.99% the beagle in the Queen's car was Guy.

by Anonymousreply 438August 16, 2018 5:15 AM

Lol, a 70+ year old schlub is starting a fashion line out of nowhere???

by Anonymousreply 439August 16, 2018 7:29 AM

Perhaps it's a line of fancy men's brassieres.

by Anonymousreply 440August 16, 2018 11:48 AM

I wonder if Harry and Megans children will be mentally ill. There seems to be severe mental illness on both sides of the family. Diana was a nutjob. Both Samantha and her Nazi daughter appear truly psychotic( google Megan Markle Nazi niece and read her deranged scribbling )And now, Megan's dad has started acting weird as well. At least Doria appears healthy and mentally stable, maybe that will help.

by Anonymousreply 441August 16, 2018 11:59 AM

R437 - Because no one is allowed to dislike Meghan Markle? The truth is, you MM worshippers interpret any criticism of her as "hate".

You know, if he'd married Chelsy or Cressida and they were (as is highly likely) treated by the tabloids to exactly the same sly Good Duchess-Bad Duchess coverage, you wouldn't have cared one bit. You only care because MM is half-black.

She may be half-black, and she may be your idol, but she's still a famewhore climber who would never have looked at this dim, balding, gap-toothed spoilt manchild if he'd been a local solicitor she met at a dinner at the Mulroney's house in Toronto. She married him for what he could do for her. If you don't like the truth, move on to another thread.

We aren't obliged to like her because she's half-black.

by Anonymousreply 442August 16, 2018 2:22 PM

I like her, and don't care what her ethnicity is.

by Anonymousreply 443August 16, 2018 2:26 PM

R443 - And that's as it should be. Neither like nor dislike should be reflexive based on ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 444August 16, 2018 3:45 PM

I watched wedding several times (break from CNN and Trump), and I don't understand the people saying she was trying to downplay her ethnicity. There was a black preacher, choir, and that fabulous hottie cellist.

by Anonymousreply 445August 16, 2018 3:48 PM

Seriously? You watched it several times????

by Anonymousreply 446August 16, 2018 4:31 PM

Ms. Lilly-White Wannabe BECAME African-American for her second (or third) wedding because she cannily (for once) realized that her fanbase were Women of Color living out their own Cinderella fantasies.

Plus, the British royal family, realizing they were stuck with her, decided to make the most of it and slot her as a Commonwealth ambassador given that the Commonwealth includes many countries where the natives are People of Color.

Note that none of Meghan's formerly-close African-American family were invited to the wedding, except her mother.

Guaranteed the kids of this union are going to have a bucket full of screws lose. MM's father seemed to have been well-respected in his field (according to colleagues, Meghan's teachers, and his three Emmys) so at one point he held it together, but her siblings seem to have never gotten it together, and her sister seems like she's nuts, but that could be the MS.

And then there's her mother, who has years missing from her life with Meghan, during which Meghan was under the care of her father. The mother was also a devotee of a New Age church. Meghan says her mother's advice was, "Why buy the cow when you can have the milk" meaning her mother taught her to use men. And then there's the one (or two) bankruptcies and the six-hour Oprah visit. So the Sainted Doria has had a bit of trouble too.

by Anonymousreply 447August 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Yes, I watched it several times. The music alone was glorious.

by Anonymousreply 448August 16, 2018 4:57 PM

Why is the OP's post now greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 449August 16, 2018 7:12 PM

The Sugars must be triggered, R449.

by Anonymousreply 450August 16, 2018 7:21 PM

R445 - those POC were there precisely to avoid the look of what otherwise would have been a lily white wedding. Idris Elba isn't a personal friend of Markle's, but he is a well known English celebrity. They didn't know the preacher at all, he was, you should pardon the expression, a shot in the dark, and the cellist was chosen for the same reason.

Because on the bride's side of the chapel, there would otherwise have been only one black face: her mother's. The POC amongst the guests were more or less window dressing, except for Venus Williams, whom the bride did know personally, and those Barely Black children of Bettina Litt in the bridal party, who look Native American.

MM "leans white" - the sistahs on Lipstick Alley will be the first to confirm that for you.

by Anonymousreply 451August 16, 2018 10:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 17, 2018 1:52 AM

Who is this person who keeps calling Benita Litt Bettina and insisting that Venus Williams was at MM’s wedding?

by Anonymousreply 453August 17, 2018 2:02 AM

R453 Probably the same person insisting that Doria was in prison.

by Anonymousreply 454August 17, 2018 5:47 AM

R453 - It was Serena Williams, which is odd, because it is Venus who is alleged to be MM's friend.

Doria was in prison?!

Is that like the visit to the fertility clinic H&M are alleged to have secretly visited? Maybe they parked some fertilized eggs there so she didn't have to get pregnant right away but could take more time to get "adjusted" and then have the embryo(s) secretly implanted.

by Anonymousreply 455August 18, 2018 12:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456August 18, 2018 12:48 AM

I'm pretty sure Meghan will be allowed to scream during labor, Tom. Not that you're likely to see the kids.

Are there any functioning relationships in this clan? Everybody seems to be estranged from everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 457August 18, 2018 1:46 AM

Pregnancy won't do Sparkle any favours. Her looks will go and Harry will look for younger & hotter action.

by Anonymousreply 458August 18, 2018 2:02 AM

Daddy is not totally wrong with his Scientology comparison.

We don't call the BRF "The Firm" for nothing and they love their little secrets, specially about money.

by Anonymousreply 459August 18, 2018 6:49 AM

R459 - I think that a fair point - Walter Bagehot would be the first to agree with you: "You must not let daylight in upon the magic," he said in his legendary treatise on modern monarchy. It's not unlike a cult in that respect. Harry, in fact, gave as a reason for not getting out when he was thinking of doing so because he thought "People still need the magic." Only the magic isn't quite as magical as it used to be, as celebrity, which is also a cult, gradually overwrites the earlier "magic". What Harry did by bringing in Meghan Markle is up the celebrity quotient and lower the royalty quotient. Who knows what complicated strands of issues drove his idiotic surrender to this pretentious twat?

by Anonymousreply 460August 18, 2018 2:42 PM

Or he may just, in fact, love her.

by Anonymousreply 461August 18, 2018 3:05 PM

R461, Then he has a strange way of showing it, undermining her with never-ending negative publicity.

by Anonymousreply 462August 18, 2018 4:18 PM

R461, Harry has a pattern of falling hard and fast, bombarding the objects of his affection with texts, often taking them to Botswana, the same place he took Meghan on their third date, and then either losing interest or the woman loses interest because he's an entitled idiot and she doesn't want to live in a fishbowl.

Harry had tried it on with other, vastly more successful entertainers, models, actresses, and failed. Enter Meghan, who for all her narcissism has realized that SUITS is as good as it gets. So she hires a British PR firm, one connected with the royal family, to get her humanitarian gigs ( a great way to meet wealthy men), while she does a deal for a clothing line and starts an execrable lifestyle blog.

She knew she had to find other revenue streams, one of which was hooking up with a wealthy man. That chef she was dating was very successful and well-liked and got her into Toronto high society (or what passes for it) but she was also husband-hunting in the UK.

There are many rumors that she was yachting and that she was on some dating site for the beautiful and well-connected that amounted to prostitution.

Harry is not an intellect. His conversation is basic. Meghan, with her over-the-top pretentiousness and hunger for the A+++ list lifestyle, would have never given him one second of her day were he not who he is.

Even the video of her as an 18-year-old driving through Beverly Hills, she's brand-name dropping.

She knew what she wanted (the lifestyle of the rich and famous) and she got it.

Her dad is no longer "on brand" (TM Meghan) so he's out, and he's smart enough to realize it. But he hasn't said anything bad about Meghan except saying that her mother taught her how to use people -- he's full of love for her. He thinks the BRF has captured her.

I think he's suffering from early dementia and a world of hurt that his little "Bean" has abandoned him for good. But the worst part is that Meghan is letting the royal family destroy the father who gave her everything. For that, I think that she's despicable.

by Anonymousreply 463August 18, 2018 4:41 PM

All I see is a longass post.

He's a malignant narcissist. She's well rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 464August 18, 2018 4:43 PM

Here's Meghan on video being a malignant narcissist to an entertainment journalist.

Just for you, R464. And anyone else who wants to see the Real Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 18, 2018 4:54 PM

Your link doesn't work! I assume Meghan caused that to happen somehow, too.

by Anonymousreply 466August 18, 2018 4:57 PM

Here's another link to the same interview of Meghan acting like a bitch to an entertainment reporter.

Start at 4:40 or your eyes will glaze over from Meghan's endless bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 18, 2018 5:16 PM

Ok. This could be the perfect love match for Pa Markle --- Sheila Gregory, Stormy Daniels' estranged mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 18, 2018 8:16 PM

This is a great way for him to get back at Meghan. Just be out there relentlessly slamming the BRF "on her behalf."

by Anonymousreply 469August 18, 2018 8:19 PM

R453

Probably the same one who is really bothered by the skin color of Benita's little girls--- "They look Native American! No, they look like latinas! They aren't as black as Venus Williams!"

by Anonymousreply 470August 18, 2018 8:20 PM

R461 - I never suggested he didn't love her. I suggested, as have many others, that his protestations of devotion to the "magic" of royalty is at odds with his choice of a bride, who has upped the celebrity quotient and decreased the royalty quotient.

People marry for a range of complex reasons, amongst which, often, love or its illusion figures.

How clever of feckless Harry to love someone who only married him him to raise herself out of eternal C-list status.

R460

by Anonymousreply 471August 18, 2018 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472August 18, 2018 8:25 PM

Sparkle in 1999 - video in LA.

So, before she enters college, her boyfriend has already given her a car? (He's an "ex" afterward, of course.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 18, 2018 8:25 PM

R455

Serena is MM's friend not Venus. Sadly, both Serena's dad and Meghan's flaked out right before their weddings and didn't escort them down the aisle. Serena's dad arrived at the wedding but had a panic attack and bailed. Serena was gracious about the whole thing.

Doria was not in jail. That comes from some erroneous post on a forum or article where the author mistakely assumed a "Dorian Ragland" who was arrested was Meghan's mom, Doria Ragland.

All of these lies that are repeated constantly by detractors of Meghan are easily Googled. It's just ridiculous. Doria didn't abandon Meghan, etc.

Look at the scowling photo of MM's childhood , Nanaki Priddy in R452. After reading her interviews in DM after M&H's engagement, it seems likely that Nanaki had/has the hots for MM's husband, Trevor. That is why she sided w/ Trevor over Meghan.

Can we all agree on one thing --- Trevor has an incredibly ugly mouth?

by Anonymousreply 474August 18, 2018 8:34 PM

The Doria in jail rumor is ridiculous. Prisons have records. Like some TMZ/Daily Mail, etc journalist wouldn't have dug that up and made it front page news.

by Anonymousreply 475August 18, 2018 8:36 PM

R470 - Actually, I'm not bothered at all by how Litt's little girls look - they were lovely.

But you should have taken a peep into Lipstick Alley around the time of the wedding and noted the sour comments about how for all her grandstanding, Meghan made sure no one in her personal wedding party except Doria really looked black.

You act as if "colourism" hasn't been one of the black community's nasty little secrets.

Meghan Markle has leaned white all her life. It's perfectly obvious. And she has benefitted from that, and that sensibility is reflected in her choices of whom to include in her wedding party. Her mother is the only exception.

Read 'em and weep.

by Anonymousreply 476August 18, 2018 8:38 PM

R453

I do think that it's entirely possible that MM has had IVF treatments and has frozen eggs. It could be one of the reasons that people (including psychics and tarot readers) talk about H&M having twin girls and a baby or babies next year.

Perhaps one of the DL doctors or nurses can tell us about the odds + danger of Harry or Meghan contracting Zika from their Oct. Tour that includes two places where there's Zika: Tonga and Fiji.

I think there is a 3-month incubation period. There are warning posters about it at my health clinic n NYC.

Another health question : Does IVF hormone treatment make a woman's hair thinner or fall out?

I'll Google it.

by Anonymousreply 477August 18, 2018 8:42 PM

They're so mistmatched. She's trash and he's dumb. It will never last.

by Anonymousreply 478August 18, 2018 8:47 PM

Meghan and Harry need to come to the US as soon as possible to sort out her nutty dad.

I would suggest that they put Pa Markle up in a LA hotel with security.

Then have Dr. Phil come and meet privately with Pa and Meghan and work out the childhood stuff for as many days as it takes.

Harry & MM then meet with Dr. Phil privately and work together to come up with a structure and stregey to handle her dad.

Then, Pa, MM and Harry meet with Dr. Phil.

H&MM and RF advisors and lawyers should come with a legal proposal of what they can offer Pa for his silence: house in LA with a gate/security guard or hi-rise apt w/ doorman, pay off what Pa paid for Little Red Schoolhouse, Immaculate Heart, Northwestern, gas, apt rental whatever. Pay off the bugger entirely.

Would it help to smooth over hurt feelings if H&M had a LA wedding reception or two? One for family (Raglands & Markles) and another one for friends. Invite the horrible Sam, Tom Jr and their kids. The whole damn lot.

Pa can give his speech. Have the family reception videotaped and release it to all of the news outlets for free so the Markle Clan can't profit from it.

The Raglands and The Markles may have to have separate receptions. MM"s friends could be combined w/ the Raglands' bash if need be.

Also while H&M are in LA, they both can get their hair plugs put in. I would find out who did Elon Musk's plugs. He went from almost bald to hair covering his dome. He's wearing a pompadour now.

by Anonymousreply 479August 18, 2018 8:55 PM

R478

It's sad watching the latest Jonas Brothers' fauxmances /faux engagements. Zero chemistry or PDAs.

Two engagements at once: 1) Priyanka Chopra + Nick Jonas 2) SophieTurner + Joe Jonas

I've forgotten... is there one Jonas Brother who is straight?

by Anonymousreply 480August 18, 2018 8:59 PM

R477

MM had just as many elements of black culture in her wedding as white --- The gospel choir singing Ben E. King's "Stand by Me," the preacher who doubled his allotted time, the teenage cellist, etc.

Agape sounds good to me except for the tithing. It was Meghan's church when she was younger. Doria and Oprah attend Agape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 18, 2018 9:08 PM

R476 All I can say about what you call the black community's dirty little secret, " colourism," is what I have witnessed in my own life. I have two very close female friends who married white men. Both of them only dated white men. One is black and the is black/NA. Both of my friends have bi-racial children.

My friends said that in their experience, black men were looking for someone to mother them and they didn't want to be the mother.

My high-school in the SF East Bay was fully integrated. Black girls did not like when black guys dated white women. I haven't been to Lipstick Alley but from the sounds of it, their main beef w/ Meghan is that she straightens her hair and married white guys.

by Anonymousreply 482August 18, 2018 9:22 PM

R467 She seemed nice in that video. R473 She said her boyfriend gave her the plate holder not the car. If you're going to disparage her bring it. These are really meh.

by Anonymousreply 483August 19, 2018 12:00 AM

R481 - I'll say it again: the preacher (whom they'd never met and who massively embarrassed them both), the cellist, the gospel choir - none of those were part of MM's personal family or friends. They were easy touches. We're talking about who she has married, who her besties are, who did NOT show up from her (apparently blameless) black side of the family. She's on her second white husband; her entire social network in Toronto was white; she's ensured that her children will be nearly entirely white; she's been straightening her African textured since early adulthood; she narrowed her broader nose slightly surgically . . .

She hasn't dated a man of colour since she was 13 years old.

She flies the mixed race card when it's advantageous and/or unavoidable (her wedding fell into the latter category). But essentially, she leans white.

by Anonymousreply 484August 19, 2018 12:17 AM

R484 I hate when people tell other people who to date or marry. Love who you wanna love. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 485August 19, 2018 12:26 AM

I stand corrected.

The (ex) boyfriend gave her the license plate holder, not the car.

by Anonymousreply 486August 19, 2018 12:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 19, 2018 2:47 AM

Well, the latest article is a bit more conciliatory, and he seems to be accepting responsibility for the damage he's caused by contacting the press.

by Anonymousreply 488August 19, 2018 4:29 AM

How odd that there's no photos of him at the ceremony and how convenient that he refuses to provide any.

by Anonymousreply 489August 19, 2018 4:37 AM

Why didn't they jump the broom?

by Anonymousreply 490August 19, 2018 2:02 PM

She used her father all the time in her PR - interviews, her UN speech, Craig Ferguson appearance (if I remember correctly) her blog, her articles,.

Plus she and her mom, the Sainted Doria, used the same agency for their own pap strolls.

The chutzpah of this chick calling her dad out for what she routinely did herself.

R483, if you think Meghan seemed nice in the video at R465 R467 where she bitches out the entertainment reporter who's just doing his job (he doesn't have all day to hear her bang on about the character arc of her second-lead on a cable show -he's got a string of people to interview) then I fear for what types of relationships you allow into your own life. Are you a Trump voter perchance?

by Anonymousreply 491August 19, 2018 7:28 PM

This is pure speculation and alleged, but I have always believed that MM was behind the picture scandal. She knew that Papa would bite because he is money hungry and has money hungry people around him. She then used the payout as a reason to avoid inviting anyone from either side of her family. The way she looked on the way to her wedding rehearsal said it all. She was happy and in control. She was victorious. She didn't look like a woman who was disappointed that her father couldn't walk her down the aisle. She didn't look like a woman whose father just got out of the hospital due to a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 492August 19, 2018 7:49 PM

R48y5 - no one is telling Meghan Markle who to love and marry. But since your choices express your views of yourself, you have to expect to be judged by those choices. And if you keep flying the race flag but always date and marry white (the hot chef she dumped for Harry was also white), and fly the feminist flag but then marry for the kind of A-List status you couldn't get yourself . . .

Well, it do beg some questions. Except, of course to trolls covered with sugar.

by Anonymousreply 493August 20, 2018 3:21 AM

As opposed to trolls covered in vinegar? Choices...

by Anonymousreply 494August 20, 2018 6:58 AM

R492 she probably didn't look concerned because she's used to her dad's manipulative and self-destructive tactics, assuming he even really HAD a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 495August 20, 2018 7:01 AM

R492

Both Pa Markle and Samantha have publicly said that Samantha was behind having the photos taken of Pa getting ready for the wedding (reading book about English sites, exercise bike, walking w/ water bottle, reading an internet story about h&M and getting measured for a suit). It was not MM's idea at all.

by Anonymousreply 496August 20, 2018 9:28 AM

R495 Yes. It's tough having a narcissistic parent. You learn ways to deal with them. One of MM's complaints during her teenage years when she was starting to date, was that she felt like she was having to be a mother to her dad.

by Anonymousreply 497August 20, 2018 9:31 AM

R495 Possibly, but it was being leaked that she was so upset and that Harry was comforting her or supporting her. Then you see those pictures of her looking completely unbothered and victorious.

R496 I can believe that Samantha was behind getting her father to do the photos. I can also believe that MM was behind getting the photographers to reach out to her sister, who ultimately convinced her father.

by Anonymousreply 498August 20, 2018 9:34 AM

R498 No way. The staged photos were Samantha's idea and she roped her dad into calling the pap photographer. They've admitted it. It wasn't MM's idea. Pa, Samantha and Tom Jr. have caused incredible stress for MM & Harry.

by Anonymousreply 499August 20, 2018 9:45 AM

Yeah, cause when MM does pap strolls it's a form of meditation.

Nothing like posing in yoga outfit for the paps to make peace with your mind.

by Anonymousreply 500August 20, 2018 10:18 AM

R494 - dear, this is a gossip site. Did you miss the intro? We're not here to be nice to your pets; we're here to discuss celebrities and their lives. Meghan wanted a fame and A-List status. Now she has it. And with that comes discussion of her life choices on sites like these.

Are you suggesting that her life choices in boyfriends and husbands have nothing to do with her perception of herself - they're just coinkydinks?

by Anonymousreply 501August 20, 2018 3:27 PM

Meghan, her mother and her father all were photographed by the same pap agency, Coleman-Rayner.

But it was a coincidence, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502August 20, 2018 6:24 PM

The Markles - just like a school house on Sunday - NO CLASS!

by Anonymousreply 503August 20, 2018 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!