Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Capwells and the Lockridges

Memories of Capwell Enterprises, Kelly Capwell pre-House of Cards, the strands of curly spiral noodles that served as Eden Capwell's hair, the brilliant bitchery of Augusta Lockridge......

And oh yes, the men. Fucking hot, beautiful men in that coastal town......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 7, 2020 1:53 PM

Pro tip: Google Todd McKee and Santa Barbara and a whole batch of lovely photos come up beyond this one.

That furry chest......rowr.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2018 11:03 PM

My favorite scene (next to Gina scaring Kirk into a heart attack): Gina strips after being thrown out of the mansion by a now conscious CC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2018 11:49 PM

I liked Gina and Keith.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Were they fucking?

Wow. Very comfortable with each other!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2018 2:25 AM

Hmm. Both McKee and Nelson married fraus.

Nelson has played Silas on Crazy Ex Girlfriend in the last few years, I guess, according to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2018 2:28 AM

the hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2018 2:29 AM

I'd forgotten that scene R2. Thank you for linking to it. So fucking good.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2018 2:31 AM

This thread ... excites me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2018 2:38 AM

Mary gets flattened by the Capwell Hotel sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2018 3:05 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2018 3:13 AM

Here was my favorite reason to watch SB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2018 5:55 AM

Of all the soap supercouples there have been over the years, these two had the absolute BEST CHEMISTRY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2018 6:00 AM

A Martinez has a huge uncut pinga!

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2018 10:16 AM

Dash Nichols was the only character who ever drew me in, and then they had to villainize him. I gave up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2018 10:20 AM

R12.....You mean these two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2018 10:26 AM

Tim Gibbs in 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2018 10:33 AM

[quote]Of all the soap supercouples there have been over the years, these two had the absolute BEST CHEMISTRY.

I agree. I don't even like Marcy Walker but the two of them together were spectacular. So were Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2018 10:39 AM

Ridge Forrester .... As played by Lane Davies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2018 11:02 AM

Lane ups the camp factor of Ridge by a factor of 10, but there's no denying he and Hunter Tylo had decent chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2018 11:05 AM

Lane Davies made my peen swell back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2018 11:09 AM

It was no Sunset Beach

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2018 12:05 PM

R12 even as a child I thought they were both strange looking people, yet so hot together

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2018 12:09 PM

I didn't start watching SB during its original run until after Mary died. I found a trove of the first 300 episodes on YouTube and started watching them last month -- DAMN, the first year or so was awful! Community-theater level acting and writing (except for my beloved Lane Davies, of course.) Relieved to know that I didn't miss out on anything back in 6th grade.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2018 12:20 PM

Remember when Bridget Dobson stormed the Emmy stage and practically grabbed the Emmy out of JFPs’ hands? lol

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2018 2:12 PM

They had three stunning couples - Julia and Mason, Eden and Cruz and Lionel and Augusta.

And didn't know fuck all what to do with any of them.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2018 4:11 PM

I don't know this show and I have no respect for soap operas.

But I remember John Allen Nelson turning me on in this film with Gay Icon James Coco:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2018 4:28 PM

SMELL Miss R26!

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2018 6:42 PM

It always had such a peppy opening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2018 6:42 PM

Huh. According to end credits here Tuc Watkins was part of the cast towards the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2018 6:45 PM

I can't believe I used to watch that crap.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2018 7:03 PM

This show had a hard time with supporting characters and storylines. After the Dobsons left, the Lockridges and several other supporting characters were written out. Eventually they only had a cast of 13 or so contact players on an hour long soap-and they still didn’t use the whole cast (Todd McKee didn’t have a storyline after Stacy Edwards left, for example).

It seemed like they were constantly trying to create a new core family-The DiNapolis, The Richardses, The Blakes (they added Gina’s brother and mom), the Walkers-only to write them out in less than a year.

The Capwells were overused and recast too many times.

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2018 7:53 PM

I remember in the first year, they decided to trim their shitful cast, so they had a serial killer swoop in and kill off all the talentless blonde ingenues

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2018 8:10 PM

I wanted Lane Davies in me quite deeply.

And Todd McKee

And John Allen Nelson

And....

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2018 8:16 PM

Does anyone remember Flame Beaufort?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2018 10:47 PM

r23 I watched it from the very beginning, summer 1984. In those first 6 months, Lionel and Augusta were about the only thing making the show interesting. Lots of bad acting. Recasting actors. It was a mess.

Things started coming together in spring 1985 with the Peter Flint being revealed as the serial killer, followed by Sophia revealed as having accidently killed Channing Jr five years earlier. Cruz and Eden's magic was becoming more and more obvious. By summer 1985 everything was gelling, Santa Barbara was must see TV for me.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2018 11:27 PM

Wasn't Ray Walston in the early episodes as a teacher or something?

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2018 11:29 PM

Yes, R36. He was a stern teacher at Lyman Prep, where Danny, Ted, Jade and Laken all went to school. He was always harping on Ted for being a lazy fool.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2018 2:53 AM

A few very kind souls uploaded many hundreds of the 2100 episodes onto YT.

Sony complained a few months ago and then YT shut all the channels down. I was really loving the rewatch, and was up to about the 500th episode, when Kelly was in the asylum for killing Dylan.

So angry about that. It's not as if this copyright can or will ever be exercised. They aren't going to put up DVDs of this 9 year soap.

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2018 2:55 AM

At its best, Santa Barbara was one of the greatest soaps. The writing was top-notch. A Martinez, Marcy Walker, Justin Deas and NLG all deserved their Emmys, although it's a shame Robin Mattson has never won an Emmy - she's good in every show she's been in.

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2018 3:23 AM

R38 That really is wankery behaviour, just spoiling fun for all. Fuck Sony

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2018 3:24 AM

I meet Lane Davies a few years ago at my university and he was very handsome, tall and small very nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2018 3:34 AM

R41 Did you make a pass? Because he is dreamy

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2018 3:36 AM

I couldn't. Due to my cunty classmate surround him like cats in heat. I still hate those bitches to this day.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2018 5:27 AM

The crotch of A Martinez made me gay back in 1984.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2018 6:12 AM

R6 I used to love Attitudes with Linda Dano. I also remember my summers watching Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2018 2:01 PM

R38 episodes 1-200 are still up on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2018 2:31 PM

Todd McKee at 50 and still in FABULOUS shape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2018 2:46 PM

[quote] They had three stunning couples - Julia and Mason

that was a forced coupling. The real super-couple was Mason and Mary, and still to this day no one knows the reason why TPTB killed off Mary. There was such an out-cry from fans, the backlash so strong. TPTB went back to actress Harley Kozak and offered her a new contract with a substantial raise.

But Harley said no. She saw her demise on-screen as a sign that her career in soaps was over. That she needed to focus on film and primetime. And she did make the transition with the the lead in a few primetime shows and was in the film Parenthood. But she later left the business to focus on being a full-time writer.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2018 2:53 PM

I forgot about Mary.

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2018 8:35 PM

R49 So had I, didn't she start as a Nun?

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2018 8:37 PM

Santa Barbara had great scenes. They didn't have great plots or any cohesiveness to the show. I remember specific scenes between the core talent A storyliners but none of the plot.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2018 9:02 PM

R51 CC had a coma

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2018 9:07 PM

There were only three cohesively plotted stories on the show in my opinion:

1.) CC’s stroke/coma, which led to Gina attempting to kill him and the Kirk/Eden storyline.

2.) Gina getting her hands on a tape showing that Kelly didn’t kill her fuckbuddy Dillon. That led to the story of Gina blackmailing CC into marriage and the introduction of Jeffrey, which led to...

3.) Elena attempting to kill Eden and the other Capwell children. The episodes featuring Cruz’s trial for Elena’s murder were the ones that one SB it’s first Best Show Emmy (the award that Bridget Dobson snatched from JFP). This introduced Pamela Capwell and was the last story with significant input from the Dobson’s.

The remark made above was true. SB was great for vignettes and stand-alone episodes, but there weren’t well plotted cohesive stories here.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2018 9:14 PM

r48 I thought Harley wanted to leave? But I remember Mary's death being very shocking.

But I did love Mason and Julia together. Lane Davies and NLG had great chemistry and the writing for their scenes was always smart and witty.

by Anonymousreply 54July 18, 2018 12:05 AM

R54 no she was killed off (and to add to SB reputation at Black Humor, she was knocked off the Capwell Hotel roof by the letter "C")

Lane Davies had it in his contract he get three months off every year so he could perform at the Shakespeare festival every year. My guess is that TPTB decided to kill off Mary, then send Lane Davies off on his 3 month sabbatical (his absence explained he left town to mourn Mary) and then have him come back with a new love interest.

TPTB just never expected the outrage by viewers over Mary getting killed off. But with Lane Davies taking off every summer, it was hard for the writers to continue the momentum of the Mason character, and then have to write him off every summer.

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2018 12:11 AM

I thought Eden and Robert Barr made a better couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2018 12:14 AM

Roscoe Born would be a hot fuck.

High maintenance, no doubt, but a hot fuck.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2018 6:21 PM

I am always a sucker for a show with a character named Minx.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2018 6:29 PM

R54, I also remembered Mary leaving on purpose, in order to film Parenthood. That's what I recall hearing in her interviews at the time.

by Anonymousreply 59July 21, 2018 7:52 AM

R58, how about "Jinx"?

by Anonymousreply 60July 21, 2018 9:55 AM

Given that Mary was killed off in 1986 and Parenthood didn't even begin filming until early 1989, I'd say that is incorrect information, r59 .

Harley Kozak did come back as an angel in a couple of 1989 episodes, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 21, 2018 9:58 AM

R61, that makes sense. I must have imagined that.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2018 2:08 AM

Roscoe has been on every soap since Dark Shadows.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2018 2:10 AM

If it has not been posted yet, here is the whole first episode. I especially love how the lavish opening parallels between 1979 and 1984. For a series that had a reputation for cheapness and questionable production values there was nothing cheap about Santa Barbara during its first six months, it went to great pains to resemble a night time program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2018 2:34 PM

Fun! I loved Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2018 3:26 PM

That original Capwell mansion set was massive.

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote] That original Capwell mansion set was massive.

So was Marcy Walker's ass.

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2018 9:41 PM

The soap threads are proof that the "over 40 crowd" dominates on DL.

Very few people under 30 give a shit about soaps...at least in the U.S. They weren't part of the millennial experience.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2018 9:44 PM

This was pretty hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2018 10:27 PM

R67 No way

by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2018 10:33 PM

R68 Wait! Let me look.

*looks*

*looks*

Nope, my bag of fucks is STILL as barren as Maureen Bauer's womb.

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2018 12:09 AM

Harley Kozak gives an interview decades later about why she was fired

Then suddenly they decided to kill Mary crushing her with a big C. How they explained it to you? Can you tell us what do you remember of that last day on the set?

I was told they were cutting the budget and because I was up for a raise, as I'd been there a year, it was decided that firing me would be a great way to save money. I was fine with that. An actor doesn't expect long-term employment on any job, and I was ready to get on with the rest of my career and see what else was there for me besides soaps. All I recall of the last day was how amazing the acting was, going on around me as I lay there dead. It was enough to make me cry. Except that I was dead and thus not supposed to cry.

Is it true that the year after they asked you to come back to the show? Did they tell you how?

It was actually just a few weeks later that they asked me to return. I thanked them and told them it was time for me to move on. If I'd said yes, I'm sure they would have figured out some clever way to bring me back -- perhaps as my own twin.

In 1989 you briefly came back to the set of SB as Mason’s guardian angel. How it came to you?

I couldn't resist coming back for an episode or two -- I just didn't want to sign a new contract.

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote]They weren't part of the millennial experience

That means in 25 years you will be ohhing and ahhing over Mama June, or reminiscing mistily over the day when Kim's water broke or Kendall calls Kylie the "biggest f--king bitch' on KUWK.

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2018 1:53 AM

I wanna sniff the pits of both the men at the OP photo

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2018 1:53 PM

There are so many SB episodes and clips on YT but the one scene I want - the scene included in Marcy's Emmy reel - isn't on there. It's where Eden and Cruz are arguing after the rape.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2018 6:27 PM

I loved the show until Patrick Mulcahey stopped writing the dialogue (shortly after John Conboy showed up). It was never as clever or witty after he left.

The things he got away with....writing an entire episode in Iambic Pentameter, the episode were Mason “goes to heaven” and encounters God (Brian Frons!) and his secretary (Joan Crawford, played by the guy who played Bunny).

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2018 7:54 PM

Mulcahey was great at SB and GL. He's been wasted since.

by Anonymousreply 77July 24, 2018 8:14 PM

Remember when Gina got Santana hooked on crack? That was a fun one.

Loved Lane Davies and he’s on one of my favorite Golden Girls episodes - and that failed Susan Harris show with Teri Garr. Which we had seen him on more TV but I guess he preferred the theatre.

Nicolas Coster is one of the great character actors imo - in the 70s and 80s he turned up just about everywhere. Always played a kind of priggish rich person like Blair Warner’s father and was great at it. Has some really top films to his credit as well. And had that transatlantic Richard Dawson kind of accent going on...

The biggest thing I realize looking back was that Eden was so far from beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 78July 24, 2018 9:50 PM

Interesting interview with Mulcahey about SB. He gets some digs in at Agnes Nixon and John Conboy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2018 10:34 PM

Really interesting interview with Patrcik Mulcahey. Brought back lots of memories. Thanks for posting it.

I thought he made an insighful point about Roscoe Borne being one of the few actors who could come between Cruz and Eden. Virtually anyone else, the magic that was Cruz and Eden would have pushed that actor far out to sea quickly. But Roscoe held his own against the spectacular chemistry of Cruz and Eden.

Here's what he said:

[quote]I loved writing for Roscoe Born. I resisted the Robert Barr story; it was shoved down our throats by Jackie Smith, the network exec, for whom I had no respect. But she was right about casting Roscoe. A wonderful, mysterious actor who works from a very deep, even dark place. Anyone else we threw in with A and Marcy would've faded into insignificance.

by Anonymousreply 80July 24, 2018 11:38 PM

R78. Aww. Really? I thought MW basically went from ugly duckling to swan in her time from AMC to SB. I thought she was gorgeous as Eden, and her soft voice.

by Anonymousreply 81July 25, 2018 3:32 AM

AMC tried to make Marcy as unlikable as possible when she debuted as Liza in 1981. Gave her a severe, short haircut that was especially unflattering. Had her wearing polo shirts or oversize sweaters. Did little with her makeup. They definitely telegraphed that she unattractive and a bitch. And it worked! I HATED Liza. I'd never had such a negative reaction to a character as I did to Liza. Despised her intensely, which of course had me rooting for Greg and Jenny even more.

Later, they softened Liza some, allowing her hair to grow and giving her a better wardrobe and better makeup. But that didn't change my opinion, I still HATED Liza, as I had been conditioned to do since her debut. When she caught Tad sleeping with her mother, I felt like Liza was getting what she deserved for being such a bitch.

Usually I could separate my feelings for the actor vs the character he/she played, i.e, I could appreciate an actor being good at playing bad. But for some reason, I couldn't do that with Marcy. I thought Liza was a horrible person and Marcy was a horrible actress.

So, when Marcy moved to Santa Barbara, I was prepared to continue hating her. And I did initially. I mean Eden made her debut by parachuting into town. What a stuck up, arrogant bitch! But pretty soon, they had her in scenes with Cruz. I quickly knew something special was happening. I initially said, "Why are they wasting A Martinez on this bitch. They should pair him with someone better, like Kelly."

Nonetheless, they kept giving us Cruz and Eden scenes, and the two just kept sparkling together. The more they sparkled, the more they won me. Soon, I was amazed at how good an actress Marcy was. And I was rooting for Cruz and Eden. Their chemistry was palpable. Cruz and Eden were my all time favorite couple on the show. I would have been perfectly content to watch those two read the phone book to each other.

It just goes to show how the right pairing and that special chemistry can win over even the most cynical of viewers. And that chemistry can also carry the show. I sincerely doubt Santa Barbara would have lasted as long as it did if Cruz and Eden hadn't been there. It sure went downhill once she left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 25, 2018 10:08 AM

There is so much music on this show, no wonder Santa Barbara was popular with teens. With the Joe and Kelly love theme being played at least 5 times each episode Days of Our Lives had to have their own Peabo Bryson super-couple love song to compete. I have no idea which show got theirs first but the Santa Barbara one is better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 25, 2018 10:21 AM

"If Ever You're In My Arms Again" was used as Kelly and Joe's theme in the very first episode. That would have been July 30, 1984.

The site linked below says that Bo and Hope first danced to "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" in 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 25, 2018 10:40 AM

From the Mulchahey interview:

[quote]Bridget called to ask me if I would write two special episodes for them, a Capwell dinner-party-from-hell to which Mason brought Pamela from the nuthouse as a surprise. I would do just about anything for Bridget and Jerry, then and now - and damn, did they produce the hell out of those shows ! The actors were magnificent. Gordon Thomson, who was Mason #3, and Jed Allan did scenes that give me chills to this day when I replay them in my head (and I do).

Those really were amazing episodes, though I wished that it was Lane Davies rather than Gordon Thomson playing Mason.

by Anonymousreply 85July 25, 2018 12:55 PM

I think he did some of the special GL episodes too. Ross Marler's Senate election comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 86July 25, 2018 1:11 PM

[quote]I thought MW basically went from ugly duckling to swan in her time from AMC to SB.

Marcy was not glamorous or attractive on AMC. Definitely the ugly duckling. And this picture below was one of her better looks on AMC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 25, 2018 2:41 PM

Marcy has always been an "unconventional beauty"

by Anonymousreply 88July 25, 2018 4:33 PM

and now PRAISE JEEBUS she has found her calling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 25, 2018 4:34 PM

R89 This is still so crazy to me. I always wanted her to show up during an AMC reunion. Her (unverified) twitter hasn't been updated in years but she once tweeted that she was considering during an indie movie while on vacation. I'm so curious about her these days.

by Anonymousreply 90July 25, 2018 7:54 PM

Marcy was the Meryl Streep of Daytime.

by Anonymousreply 91July 25, 2018 10:30 PM

Dane Witherspoon died pretty young a couple years ago. Never saw much detail about a cause of death. Anyone know ???

by Anonymousreply 92July 25, 2018 10:35 PM

He had a serious fall. He was married to Robin Wright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2018 10:54 PM

R80- He was right about Roscoe Born. I preferred Eden and Robert to Eden and Cruz. I used to wish that they would recast Sonny on GH with Roscoe. Even if the story was crap, at least Roscoe would be entertaining to watch.

He was such a good actor, I'm surprised he doesn't have at least one or two Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 94July 25, 2018 11:27 PM

R80- He lost me when he called JFP a fine producer.

by Anonymousreply 95July 25, 2018 11:35 PM

r94 Roscoe may be incredibly talented, but he apparently has a lot of inner demons. Apparently he is difficult to work with, causes problems on the set. Nobody will cast him these days because having him around slows down production.

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2018 12:12 AM

r93 A few years ago, A Martinez posted something on social media about Dane Witherspoon having died. He was something like 55 or 56 at the time. I don't think A posted any details about what caused his death.

by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2018 12:14 AM

Ahh, People magazine even picked up the story about Dane's death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2018 12:15 AM

Roscoe is fun to watch. He's never disappointed in anything he's ever done. From what I've heard though he is the biggest pain in the ass. From what I heard when he was on OLTL is all the actresses would defend him and go along with whatever he said because they were all head over heels in love with Roscoe. Can't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2018 12:16 AM

I remember my loins stirring when Roscoe appeared as Joe Novak on "Ryan's Hope" clad only in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2018 12:31 AM

Remember the “It’ll Excite You” commercials? Those were the best!!

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2018 8:33 AM

[quote] He lost me when he called JFP a fine producer.

JFP was a fine producer in terms of quality of production. Even if she was a one-trick pony: she liked to bring a sort of "noir" look to the sets and make everything dark and twisty.

But when she started to get involved with story, things turned to shit.

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2018 8:58 PM

I've just watched the first 20 episodes. Nicely character driven with only few cast members, slow burning with lots of MASSIVE plot holes that are surprisingly easy to gloss over. Some okay performances. Dane Witherspoon is fine and dynamic as Joe Perkins, he is also hot. I like his May/September romance with Louise Sorel who is wonderful as Augusta in these early episodes. Have fast forwarded the Ted and Jade scenes, he got better later but in the start was incredibly annoying. So much emphasis on male beauty in SB, almost every scene has tight butt shots, or salacious close ups of speedos, no wonder the show was an instant hit!

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2018 6:39 AM

JFP did a good job with Santa Barbara. The biggest problem during her tenure was the writers wouldn’t write for more than a handful of characters. So the Capwells got overused and worn out.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2018 7:04 PM

JFP must be like Gloria Monty - good first run, lousy second. When she was EP at GH, she brought on McTavish who came up with the worst stories like Stavros rising from the dead, using the Ice Princess as some kind of magic amulet and Angel..the character who always wore white and had a thing for Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2018 7:38 PM

still to this day NO ONE knows the reason why Dane Witherspoon was fired after only 13 weeks, despite appearing daily on the show.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2018 7:46 PM

Maybe Dane couldn't keep up with the daily of a hour-long soap. I don't know.

But Mark Arnold was a fine replacement.He upped the sizzle factor. You could just feel the sexual heat radiating off him. That's something Dane did not have.

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2018 10:01 PM

I should find a YT with full episodes. I've only been watching Eden/Cruz clips.

by Anonymousreply 108July 29, 2018 2:30 AM

R98 A’s comments about his death are so compassionate and thoughtful. What a great guy.

I loved Joe and Kelly, though I was way too young at the time to even realize they switched actors. Watching the YouTube clips though you can see the chemistry between the two - wonder if it was awkward for Robin Wright that they fired him as she continued to date and then marry him.

I feel a little bad for millenials that they never got to experience soaps. That may be a Mary! moment for me but they were such a big part of my childhood and a shared experience with my mother that I think even helped her accept me being gay.

by Anonymousreply 109July 29, 2018 3:12 AM

Some great posts here. It makes me a little emotional reading some of these posts because I had some of the same responses and experiences. Cruz and Eden were really one of the best couples on soaps, up there with Luke and Laura. r82 nails it (fantastic post, btw).

Roscoe Born was such an enigmatic and sexy presence on soaps. There's nobody like him. Even when he played Terrible Tom on Y&R, you didn't want him to die because he was so good as that character and he made the show better for it.

by Anonymousreply 110July 29, 2018 3:30 AM

Let's not forget that Santa Barbara introduced us to the hottness of Timothy Gibbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 29, 2018 9:58 AM

More posts on Lane Davies, please!

I never watched the show after he left.

by Anonymousreply 112July 29, 2018 10:05 AM

Tim Gibbs was one of the hottest men ever to be on soaps.

A shame SB made him a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 113July 30, 2018 12:35 AM

Did someone say my name?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 30, 2018 12:37 AM

I'm amazed that GH screwed up royally when they hired Lane Davies to play opposite NLG. The writers must have been given a huge bonus to write his character as extra boring. If they weren't going to at least try and capitalize on Lane and Nancy's chemistry, why on earth did they even bother to hire him??

by Anonymousreply 115July 30, 2018 2:26 AM

They also ended up ruining Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols on GH, too, and that took some doing.

by Anonymousreply 116July 30, 2018 2:28 AM

Oh and GH also hired A Martinez and saddled him with Roy - a character that we saw die onscreen. He had zero chemistry with Jackie Zeman and then they tried him with the actress who played Melissa but that tanked when the character turned into a psycho killer. The rumor was that they were going to try and pair Genie Francis with A when they had Roy move into the Spencer house but that went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 117July 30, 2018 2:29 AM

I don’t even remember Lane on GH, but I hated Mary Beth Evans, even though I adored her as Kayla. It was a trip to see her and Stefan fail as a couple. GH often failed to capitalize on chemistry of their actors, there must have been some strange behind the scenes politics going on.

by Anonymousreply 118July 30, 2018 2:33 AM

R116- I think the mistake there was that fans were expecting Patch and Kayla Part 2. But Stefan was a totally different character than Patch- it did highlight how great Stephen Nichols was as an actor by being able to play two completely different characters. Then they paired SN with GF and that did a lot better but they cut that pairing short. I wondered if it had anything to do with how Luke and Felicia bombed out - they quickly got Luke out of that and it meant they had to also ditch Stefan and Laura.

by Anonymousreply 119July 30, 2018 2:35 AM

Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols were playing much different characters on GH than they played on Days. In fact, the their GH characters of Katherine and Stefan were almost polar opposites of Kayla and Patch. It just goes to show the chemistry is a weird thing. You've got to not only have the right actors together, they've got be playing the right characters.

Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn were essentially playing the same characters on GH that they did on Santa Barbara. And several of the writers on GH at the time had been at SB (including Guza, Pratt and JFP). So, I have no idea how they managed to botch that pairing so badly.

I thought A Martinez was great on GH. I know others said there was not chemistry between his Roy and Jackie Zeman's Bobbie, but I liked them together. But then, I like A so much, I'm much more accepting of his roles than others might be.

Yeah, GH seemed to be moving toward a pairing of A and Genie Francis, but then dropped it. There seemed to be some sparks there, so no idea why they abandoned it. But then the show just doesn't know what to do with Laura apart from Luke.

by Anonymousreply 120July 30, 2018 2:45 AM

R118- Lane played "Cameron the therapist" who was brought on to try and help Luke after Laura got committed. I don't even remember much of Lane and Nancy's scenes together - except their first kiss was when she was dressed as a butler, which lead Cameron's son to think his dad was gay. Lane must have needed the money because they really gave him nothing to do and you couldn't even call his scenes with Nancy a 'slow building romance'.

by Anonymousreply 121July 30, 2018 2:46 AM

Lane Davies and Nancy Grahn HATED each other, and JFP didn't care that years later when she tried to shove their pairing down viewers throats, despite Lane and Nancy disdain for one another

by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2018 2:52 AM

R120- I don't think they could go ahead with A and GF if they had to scrap Luke and Felicia because that would have left Luke without a pairing. The problem with Luke is that he never really worked as a romantic character outside of Laura. Luke and Skye did okay as partners in crime, but flopped when they tried to throw in the romantic angle. Ditto Luke and Tracy. They probably should have just kept Luke as a freewheeling troublemaker and dropped any pretence of a romance with anyone. Especially considering that TG only worked half a year.

by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote]Lane Davies and Nancy Grahn HATED each other, and JFP didn't care that years later when she tried to shove their pairing down viewers throats, despite Lane and Nancy disdain for one another

They hated each other when they were on Santa Barbara. But two decades later when they tried to pair them on GH, they two had made up. NLG even did an interview with one of the soap rags talking about how they'd matured and attributed their mutual disdain during SB days to being younger.

That interview could have just been a PR stunt on GH's part. Could have been a complete fabrication on NLG. But at the same time, Lane Davies signed to GH knowing they were going to try to pair him with NLG. If the hatred was still that intense 20 years later, I sincerely doubt Lane would have taken the role.

by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote] If the hatred was still that intense 20 years later, I sincerely doubt Lane would have taken the role.

Hello, I'm Lane Davies' mortgage.

I needed to be paid.

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2018 12:34 PM

A Martinez is not my type at all, but I thought he was incredibly sexy on SB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 30, 2018 1:26 PM

Some friends of mine at university would watch [italic]Santa Barbara[/italic] after class in one of the campus lounges. Once I caught a glimpse of Todd McKee, I made sure I joined them everyday in hopes of seeing him again and again -- especially without a shirt. He was the prime example of the tall, hairy-chested, All-American type that has always turned me on.

Never paid attention to soaps before or after that, but I will always have a soft place in my heart (and a hard place in my pants) for Todd McKee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 30, 2018 7:31 PM

Todd McKee and that furry pelt. FUUUCCCKKKK

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2018 7:36 PM

Santa Barbara debuted 34 years ago today (7/30/1984), bitches.

I never watched at the time, other than half of an episode every now or then. But I just searched on YouTube based on someone's previous post upthread, and started watching the first few episodes.

It's pretty bad, but in an enjoyable "they don't make 'me like this anymore" kind of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 30, 2018 9:03 PM

I was watching a scene between Kelly and Eden from 1987 and God, soaps really loved the mermaid hair! Between those two and Psycho Lisa on Y&R, it was The Little Mermaid Soap Style.

by Anonymousreply 130July 31, 2018 12:36 AM

I need Oprah to do a 'Where Are They Now' episode on Marcy Walker. I need more details.

by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2018 5:06 AM

Thanks to whoever posted the first episode on YouTube up above. I watched it and realized I never saw the first couple years of the show - I was born in 81 so I was too young. I would love to see more full episodes of those years

by Anonymousreply 132August 1, 2018 12:24 AM

If Ever You're In My Arms Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 3, 2018 2:59 PM

Cruz and Eden meet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 3, 2018 3:23 PM

Cruz and Eden meet, part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 3, 2018 3:25 PM

Cruz and Eden meet part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 3, 2018 3:26 PM

Cruz and Eden meet part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 3, 2018 3:28 PM

Cruz and Eden rendezvous at Sophia's grave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 3, 2018 3:30 PM

Such intense chemistry flashes between them at R134. Marcy almost looks weak in the knees the second they meet!

by Anonymousreply 139August 3, 2018 3:39 PM

Cruz and Eden love song "I never thought that I could love"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 3, 2018 3:42 PM

This was Cruz and Eden's theme for quite a while in the early days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2018 7:57 PM

R141 what about (I don’t know the name of the song): “the change in me is you now...the change in me is you. I thought that Love was just for fools.” Or something like that...that was one of their main songs wasn’t it? Or am I confusing them with another NBC soap couple?

by Anonymousreply 142August 4, 2018 9:31 PM

Here you go r142

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2018 1:23 AM

Awww thanks r143 - I’m glad I don’t have dementia just yet.

by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2018 2:32 AM

Cruz and Eden getting down to Jeffrey Osborne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2018 4:18 AM

CC and Sophia's theme "My Favorite Year" by Michael Feinstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 5, 2018 4:57 AM

Another of Cruz and Eden's theme songs, All My Life" by Cathy Hudrall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 5, 2018 7:58 AM

Did anyone here ever watch Another World? One of the main characters around this time (Michael Hudson) used to be married to Karen Allen.

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2018 6:26 PM

r148 This thread is devoted to Santa Barbara.

Another World and the other P&G soaps are being discussed on the thread linked below. And yes, it's common knowledge Kale Brown was married to Karen Allen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2018 11:27 PM

They were great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2018 4:52 AM

I used to watch Santa Barbara with my grandmother as a kid (not from the beginning), but haven’t met anyone from my generation who heard of this show, not even the people who grew up in Santa Barbara.

Anyway, I thought Eden and Cruz’s theme was “A Little Bit of Heaven” by Natalie Cole?

by Anonymousreply 151August 10, 2018 4:49 PM

r151 Eden and Cruz had multiple theme songs over the years.

I don't recall "A Little Bit of Heaven" being used for their love theme, but its entirely possible. Show would sometimes use a specific song a few times to emphasize a plot point.

Look on YouTube and see if you can find SB scenes using that song. Or if it was used with any regularity, a fan likely did a montage of Cruz and Eden scenes with that song.

by Anonymousreply 152August 10, 2018 10:51 PM

Found it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 14, 2018 1:26 PM

R153 THANK YOU!!

I remember watching that scene way back in 1986. It was so good. But Cruz and Eden were so good.

I thought the name of that theme song was "Turn Out the Lights." Didn't realize it was really titled "A Little Bit of Heaven." Or that Natalie Cole did it. No wonder I couldn't find anything when I searched for Cruz and Eden theme songs under the "Turn Out the Lights" title.

Yes, the "A Little Bit of Heaven" song was used a lot during that time period. It was definitely one of their main theme songs over the years. I'm surprised there aren't more compilation clips using it on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 154August 14, 2018 10:56 PM

Cruz and Eden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 14, 2018 10:57 PM

A and Marcy's chemistry shines brightly in this scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 14, 2018 11:00 PM

In that scene at r156, Marcy looks like she was completely surprised when A pushed everything off the table. I guess they ad libbed that scene. But it worked!

by Anonymousreply 157August 15, 2018 6:55 AM

Bump. Todd McKee sighting from a year ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 1, 2019 9:40 PM

Jed Allan died

by Anonymousreply 159March 10, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]Jed Allan died

Aww. That's sad. I kept hoping Days would bring him back as Don Craig. At least for a short story arc.

RIP Jed. I sure enjoyed your CC and your Don.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 10, 2019 10:29 PM

I knew this thread must have been bumped because someone died — my guess was Nicolas Coster.

Sad — I liked them both.

by Anonymousreply 161March 10, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]The Capwells and the Lockridges

lie a-molderin' in the grave.

by Anonymousreply 162March 10, 2019 11:21 PM

I think this show could be brought back in telenovela form. There would be a lot of Latinx characters. Eden and Cruz's daughter as the main character. She and Chip and Brandon are battling it out at Capwell. She's a hot mess so you get A to come back for a series where Cruz looks for Eden to help get Audriana straightened out. Cruz and Eden fall back in love and sail away happily ever after. The next series, she meets a man. It's Kirk's son. It writes itself.

RIP Jed . He was great as Don Craig and CC Capwell.

by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2019 4:34 PM

Tood McKee is my Financial Advisor. This is not a troll post. He has been since about 2002. He works near where I live in LA at M Lynch and has managed my money for years, which I inherited. He has invested well and has been there for any question I have had within a day. Sometimes he calls me back within an hour and my portfolio is nothing like what I think he manages. I am grateful to him. I may be able to do better but would never take my business away from he. He is good looking in person but haven't seen him since may 2016. One thing I always notice when I go in, which I do about every two years, is that he has thick hairy fingers. And for an actor he is pretty tall. Taller than me, I am 5'11. Anyway, just my contribution to this thread. We have talked about his years on SB. He thought it was a blast. It was time for him to do other things.

by Anonymousreply 164March 12, 2019 2:48 AM

Does anyone know exactly when (month and year) Robin Mattson took over as Gina from Linda Gibbony?

What about when Jed Allan took over as CC from Charles Bateman?

I'm curious which recast happened first and how close together the two recasts happened.

by Anonymousreply 165March 13, 2019 8:48 AM

[quote]I knew this thread must have been bumped because someone died — my guess was Nicolas Coster.

You mean he's not dead? Waitaminit.

by Anonymousreply 166March 13, 2019 8:53 AM

[quote]Tood McKee is my Financial Advisor. This is not a troll post. He has been since about 2002. He works near where I live in LA at M Lynch and has managed my money for years, which I inherited. He has invested well and has been there for any question I have had within a day. Sometimes he calls me back within an hour and my portfolio is nothing like what I think he manages. I am grateful to him.

Since you know him, do you get to blow him? You know, to show your gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 167March 13, 2019 8:54 AM

Hard to imagine that the 35th anniversary of Santa Barbara's debut is just days away

Show premiered on July 30, 1984.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2019 7:50 PM

I was never able to really follow SB 100% or even 20%. I have three question: 1. How did the Eden /Cruz story end?

2. How was presumably dead Sophia introduced into the show? 3. How on earth did the manage to have 4-5 actors playing CC and still maintain credibility. I think 3 of the four played all in Dynasty - and none of them worked out?

God, I wish they were able to get out a really good daily soap again.

by Anonymousreply 169July 28, 2019 4:38 PM

Santa Barbara featured the FIRST Niqab wearing character on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 28, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote] 1. How did the Eden /Cruz story end?

Marcy Walker had landed a Prime Time Show, she exercised an "OUT" clause she had in her contract. At the time she had multiple personality storyline, and her alter-ego jumped off a cliff (body never found) - but then she resurfaced as a third alternative personality (complete with a brown wig) - she basically took over the persona of a childhood friend (triggering the introduction of the "real" friend as a new love interest for Cruz) . Then Eden went crazy again, and spirited out of town by a mysterious stranger (producer Stephen J. Cannell who was the producer of Marcy Walker new show) - never to be seen again. As everybody thought Eden had jumped over the cliff.

A Martinez left the show by taking the murder rap for his daughter. But instead of going to jail, he decided to go on the run as a fugitive.

There was talk of Marcy returning to the show, so Cruz and Eden could ride off into the sunset, but producers felt it would cheapen the show. Just one more insult to lure audiences back, only to disappoint them once again.

[quote] How was presumably dead Sophia introduced into the show

She was also presumed dead and came back to town in the form of "Dominic" a man who wanted to help Joe Perkins clear his name of murdering CC Jr. But then it came out that Sophia was the murderer as she meant to shoot Lionel, but shoot her own son instead. I forgot how Sophia avoided a murder rap.

[quote] How on earth did the manage to have 4-5 actors playing CC and still maintain credibility

It happens in daytime ALL THE TIME - one day an actor is playing a role, the next day it is someone else. Daytime audiences get used to it, and with Santa Barbara all the roles were pretty much recast, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2019 4:53 PM

Thanks, r171! Appreciate your response. Didn't know Eden turned crazy.

by Anonymousreply 172July 28, 2019 7:02 PM

R165 The French site lists the following for the Gina character:

Linda Gibboney: September 20 1984 (# 39) to December 09 1985 (# 347)

Robin Mattson: December 10 1985 (# 348) to January 15 1993 (# 2137)

------------------------------------

And the following for the C.C. Capwell character:

Charles Bateman: October 22 1984 (# 61) to December 04 1985 (# 344)

? : December 13 1985 (# 351) to January 07 1986 (# 367)

Jed Allan: January 08 1986 (# 368) to January 15 1993 (# 2137)

--------------------------------

The " ? " for the role prior to Jed Allen arriving in January 1986 appears to be answered by IMDb. That site lists actor, Jarstin Witnnes, playing C.C. during the interim in an "Uncredited" capacity.

by Anonymousreply 173July 28, 2019 10:11 PM

Thanks r173. I appreciate that. I was pretty sure Robin took over as Gina just a few weeks before Jed took over as CC. Thanks for confirming my memories.

Not sure about the replacement between Charels Batelman and Jed Allan though. I don't recall that happening (but it was 33 years ago).

However, it also doesn't jive with something Jed Allan said. I remember reading somewhere, likely in Jed's autobiography, that he was invited to the 1985 Santa Barbara Christmas party. Jed had been signed to the role, but hadn't started taping yet. Likewise, his casting as CC hadn't been reported in the soap press yet.

At the party, he ran into Charles Bateman, who was curious why Jed was in attendance. So, Jed was put in the uncomfortable position of having to tell Bateman that he was replacing him as CC.

If Bateman's last air date was Dec. 4, 1985, that episode was likely taped in mid-November. I doubt the Santa Barbara Christmas party would have been held that early.

by Anonymousreply 174July 29, 2019 12:01 AM

Eden KILLS CC by pulling the plug on his respirator!

The show was so good back then

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 29, 2019 12:24 AM

This Santa Barbara fan site only lists 4 actors playing CC:

[quote]Peter Mark Richman (July 30 to September 12, 1984); Paul Burke (1984); Charles Bateman (October 22, 1984 to January 7, 1986) and Jed Allen (January 8, 1986 to January 15, 1993).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 29, 2019 1:20 PM

I Thnk CC was comatose during that mystery period before Jed took over the role. They don't credit under 5 roles most of the time. If they had a guy laying in a bed, he wouldn't have been credited.

by Anonymousreply 177July 29, 2019 2:30 PM

R176, I believe there was a CC who was cast and fired before the show even started airing.

by Anonymousreply 178July 29, 2019 2:53 PM

I remember that Todd McKee and John Allan Nelson took a world trip together. I imagined them sleeping together the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 179July 29, 2019 3:01 PM

I believe that you are right about that.

by Anonymousreply 180July 29, 2019 3:07 PM

There’s a SB cruise coming up.

by Anonymousreply 181July 29, 2019 3:07 PM

A Martinez was bulgerific back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Men in Speedos. Damn. The first year may have been bad but I guess I missed out. The show really wasn't very beach-oriented by the time I started watching but was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2019 4:56 PM

Is that Pamela Sue Martin at R182?

by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2019 5:04 PM

R177 Yes, the uncredited actor who played C.C. (Jarstin Witnnes) during those three weeks was probably just a comatose body laying in bed.

R178 Yes, the French website references actor, Lloyd Bochner, as the C.C. who was originally cast, but not seen.

==================================

Lloyd Bochner: 1984 (never appeared on screen)

Peter Mark Richman: July 30 1984 (# 1) to September 12 1984 (# 33)

Paul Burke: September 13 1984 (# 34) to October 19 1984 (# 60)

Charles Bateman: October 22 1984 (# 61) to December 04 1985 (# 344)

? : December 13 1985 (# 351) to January 07 1986 (# 367) with IMDb showing the uncredited actor being Jarstin Witnnes

Jed Allan: January 08 1986 (# 368) to January 15 1993 (# 2137)

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote]I remember that Todd McKee and John Allan Nelson took a world trip together. I imagined them sleeping together the whole time.

I thought it was Todd McKee and Lane Davies who traveled to Europe together.

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2019 11:46 PM

R178 As the French site indicates, Bochner was the original actor who didn't air.

But he wasn't fired. He had a heart attack and couldn't continue in the role.

He did appear in the promo, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 30, 2019 12:19 AM

And Lloyd Bochner played Cecil Colby on Dynasty. So it is true that three of the CC's were on Dynasty - Peter Mark Richman was Blake's attorney on and off for years, and Paul Burke was the politician Neal McVane (who was being blackmailed by Alexis if I recall correctly).

by Anonymousreply 188July 30, 2019 12:36 AM

Thirty-five years ago today, Santa Barbara debuted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 30, 2019 9:57 PM

Would Santa Barbara have had a better chance for survival if NBC had placed it in the 2 p.m. time slot, between Days and Another World when it debuted, instead of at 3 p.m.?

by Anonymousreply 190July 30, 2019 10:38 PM

There's a cruise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 2, 2019 8:20 PM

I always loved Mason's cowboy alter-ego Sonny. So many other great characters as well; Keith and Gina, Lionel, Minx, Augusta, Pearl, Kirk Cranston, and cross-dressing mobster Bunny Tagliatti.

by Anonymousreply 192August 2, 2019 10:09 PM

Roscoe Born died earlier this week. His Robert Barr is one of the few actors who posed a threat to the magical chemistry that Cruz and Eden had, which is quite an accomplishment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 7, 2020 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!