Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Henry Cavill - I'm SINGLE Because of #MeToo

“There’s something wonderful about a man chasing a woman. There’s a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I’m old-fashioned for thinking that,” he told the Australian edition of GQ magazine.

“It’s very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it’s like, ‘Well, I don’t want to go up and talk to her, because I’m going to be called a rapist or something.’

“So you’re like, ‘Forget it, I’m going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked.’

“But it’s way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell, because I’m someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what’s going to happen?

“Now? Now you really can’t pursue someone further than, ‘No.’ It’s like, ‘Ok, cool.’ But then there’s the, ‘Oh, why’d you give up?’ And it’s like, ‘Well, because I didn’t want to go to jail?’”

by Anonymousreply 305September 22, 2020 6:19 AM

His willy stinks

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2018 7:14 PM

He's getting taken apart on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2018 7:15 PM

He's going to get dragged to hell for this.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2018 7:16 PM

On the bright side, he has no career left to ruin.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2018 7:17 PM

He seems very confused. Men don't get sent to jail for rape for pursuing a woman - that buys into the completely wrong idea that lots of women lie about rape, because why else would a man who supposedly has no intention of raping a woman fear being accused of rape? unless he either believes women regularly lie about it (the number of mis-accusations is tiny) or his 'pursuing' goes into coercion and maybe beyond?

these men have no idea that when they're complaining like this the only people they make look bad is themselves. And yeah, if a woman says no to your attentions then you should stop - it's pretty fucking weird not to I think. If he can't get a woman to say 'yes' to his attention of whatever from her own free will then he's only got himself to blame not, you know, women.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2018 7:17 PM

"I'm just so traditional that I can't find a nice woman to date!"

I didn't realize it was 1968 again. I should tie-dye my boxers for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2018 7:19 PM

Honestly, actors should just stop talking because they always seem to embarrass themselves if they try anything that's unscripted.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2018 7:20 PM

No! I thought he couldn't date because of "True Blood".

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2018 7:29 PM

Link.

He's so fucking dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2018 7:32 PM

They're starting by taking his hair, r2! The horror!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2018 7:33 PM

wait, he's straight?

lies. ..

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2018 7:36 PM

If women think you're going to rape them when you flirt with them, you're not flirting correctly.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2018 7:37 PM

Didn't he have herpes or something?

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2018 7:38 PM

Henry, I can't hear you when you're wearing a shirt. Tell me again about this fierceness that keeps you from meeting new girls. You have lint on your man titty; I'll get it off.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2018 7:41 PM

How awful! Where would he ever get such an idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2018 7:42 PM

There are a few people sticking up for him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2018 7:43 PM

Obviously Lyin' Henry would rather be considered a sexist pig than a gay dude.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2018 7:43 PM

He's just whistling past the graveyard

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2018 7:44 PM

He has a good point!

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2018 7:45 PM

Women are too complicated sometimes, Henry. Perhaps you could flirt with a handsome gentleman, who wouldn't mind a studly man paying him a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2018 7:48 PM

Yup. Completely agree with him.

WomenBcrazy.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2018 7:50 PM

In Yahoo Comments, the alt-right/Russian trolls are all lauding him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2018 7:54 PM

Is that why he "dated" Kaley Cuoco, who said she was "never a feminist girl demanding equality"?

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]Obviously Lyin' Henry would rather be considered a sexist pig than a gay dude.

Is it possible Henry may actually be straight?

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2018 8:04 PM

It's tough to have to keep finding beards in order to maintain appearances. No doubt this will take some of the pressure off.

by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2018 8:09 PM

Is it possible pigs might fly?

by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2018 8:10 PM

Henry is 35, in Hollywood, and never been married yet or had any children?!

And no, he's NOT gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 12, 2018 8:15 PM

R27 he says it is because of #MeToo - it terrifies him to date now. You need the UN to supervise these days.

by Anonymousreply 28July 12, 2018 8:20 PM

R28 You are beyond naïve.

by Anonymousreply 29July 12, 2018 8:24 PM

He's just waiting for the right man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 12, 2018 8:26 PM

Hahahahahaha.

What a maroon.

by Anonymousreply 31July 12, 2018 8:31 PM

Good thinking, bro!

Vaginas, am I right?

High-five!

by Anonymousreply 32July 12, 2018 8:37 PM

Apology already out!

[quote]"Having seen the reaction to an article in particular about my feelings on dating and the #metoo movement, I just wanted to apologize for any confusion and misunderstanding that this may have created," he said. "Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention.

[quote]"In light of this, I would just like to clarify and confirm to all that I have always and will continue to hold women in the highest of regard, no matter the type of relationship, whether it be friendship, professional, or a significant other."

[quote]His statement went on: "Never would I intend to disrespect in any way, shape or form. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson as to the context and the nuance of editorial liberties.

[quote]"I look forward to clarifying my position in the future towards a subject that it so vitally important and in which I wholeheartedly support."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 12, 2018 8:38 PM

Jillian Michaels and her partner split recently Maybe she and Henry can make a go of it again.

by Anonymousreply 34July 12, 2018 8:49 PM

So ignorant. He's lucky he's the most attractive man on the planet

by Anonymousreply 35July 12, 2018 8:52 PM

So good-looking but sooooo dumb.... Wish he could just shut up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 12, 2018 8:58 PM

Will people forget about this in a week or two or will it haunt him forever?

by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2018 9:03 PM

It will be forgotten R37. He's too pretty

by Anonymousreply 38July 12, 2018 9:04 PM

Jesus, Cavill is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 39July 12, 2018 9:06 PM

What a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 40July 12, 2018 9:12 PM

A pretty idiot. My favorite. 😎

by Anonymousreply 41July 12, 2018 9:20 PM

Dumbass wanted publicity; he got it.

by Anonymousreply 42July 12, 2018 9:31 PM

OHH BOO HOO. He is a famous actor, rich and beautiful, just get tinder and you will probably get a million ladies rdy to date you. IF metoo is a problem for you i think you are doing something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 43July 12, 2018 9:31 PM

Agreed, Henry has never had to put effort into flirting or pursue women in his life.

by Anonymousreply 44July 12, 2018 9:32 PM

Poor Henry, come lay your head down on my lap.

by Anonymousreply 45July 12, 2018 10:11 PM

He couldn't even write his own apology. The statement was written by a woman. Cavill would never use the expression "significant other."

by Anonymousreply 46July 12, 2018 10:54 PM

I thought he didn't have a girlfriend because he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 47July 12, 2018 11:01 PM

When male celebrities start giving these ridiculous excuses why they're not with women, it's because they're gay. Check Wentworth Miller and his "I'm always single because of my shyness".

by Anonymousreply 48July 12, 2018 11:23 PM

Why is he a fucking idiot? That's exactly what that hash has degenerated into-a litany of "bad date" & "he yelled at me, but I stayed so he's an abuser" stories. All unproven, all blasted on social media. Even some of the harassment claims are treated way out of proportion to the actual allegations.

And I'm not saying it doesn't happen or shouldn't be taken seriously. But honestly, a US congressman resigning over a 20 year old, risque comedy skit no one seemed to have a problem with at the time is ridiculous.

He's a fuckwit for being in the closet; he wouldn't have to spout this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 49July 12, 2018 11:23 PM

"He seems very confused. Men don't get sent to jail for rape for pursuing a woman"

Yes, but men who are in the public eye get called out on social media for acting like total douches with women.

Although in his case being called out for being an aggressive douche would convince some people he's straight, so his publicist is probably begging him to go out and hit on every woman he sees. Funny he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 50July 12, 2018 11:41 PM

I feel so bad for Henry, desperately single and looking for love. Everyone knows people hate being hit on by homely, poor, nobodies without charm. Oh wait... No one is buying it Henry. You literally can get anyone, man or woman. You dont even have to be nice.

Just take you clothes off, and let us look at you.

by Anonymousreply 51July 12, 2018 11:58 PM

The closet kills, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2018 1:01 AM

I agree with r49. After that story from the woman complaining about red wine and getting eaten out, any slightly bad date or off date with a celebrity has become nationwide attention fodder. They're better off staying within their known safe networks. This also means less hot celebrities for normals to date, so thanks for that, #metoo hangers-on! (Not the actual #metoo people, but the people trying to gain attention by turning a bad date into a "learning experience" for sexual harassment, when none actually occurred).

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2018 1:13 AM

He's gay, you fucking morons. No straight man -- especially one who's as good looking as Henry Cavill -- would voluntarily go celibate just because of something as abstract as the threat of the #MeToo movement.

This is just a weak excuse to not admit he isn't with women because he just doesn't like them.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2018 1:18 AM

His coming out is going to be very messy. Either that or he’ll end up like Dirk Bogard, or an even more ridiculous Cliff Richard.

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2018 1:40 AM

r54 he didn't say he was going celibate, he said he was returning to bad relationships to avoid starting new ones with unknown people.

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2018 1:44 AM

I could have sworn he had a post on instagram about respecting women or some shit around the time MeToo started to take off. I thought it was weird timing, like maybe he was worried something was going to come out about him.

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2018 2:03 AM

Look at this awful suit he's wearing. He's having such a bad week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2018 1:47 PM

Hard for me to look at anything but Henry's perfect face in that picture R58

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2018 1:49 PM

He's looking pretty rough in that light, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2018 1:52 PM

R54 - Second that. Really, I don't know where to start on so brazen a seizure of an opportunity to beard philosophically.

As an elder gay, I assume many of you do not remember New York City Mayor Ed Koch, who was gayer than the flowers in spring (tra la!) but who insisted till the day he died that he wasn't. At some point in his tenure, issues arose re proposed laws against discrimination against gays in housing and jobs. Koch at a news conference was asked about the issue (I think it was a press conference, it was a long time ago and I was new to NYC at that time) and Koch replied, in a voice so fey it brought tears of laughter to the eyes, "Speaking as a hetro-sexual myself . . ." (that's the way he pronounced, British-like without the middle "e'). . . " The next day a crowd of angry gays appeared in front of either Gracie Mansion or City Hall, and someone in the crowd held up a placard that said, "And I'm Carmen Miranda!"

I never forgot the scene and that's what Cavill's protestations remind me of.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2018 2:02 PM

His comments were so dumb. What is he even talking saying, talking to a girl=rape? Uh, how do you "talk to girls"?

Whether it was a desperate attempt to sound straight or he really is that dense, it is sad either way.

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2018 2:08 PM

Ha ha Superman is an Incel!

Just like his neckbeard fans

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2018 2:18 PM

He's fucked up. It would have been less of a mess if he had simply come out on twitter 2 days ago right out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2018 2:30 PM

One P.S. about Cavill - he always struck me as one of those absolutely wooden non-actor actors, which is one reason his pretty face and pecs never entranced me as much as they do others (I prefer intense to pretty). Imagine my surprise, in catching an old Inspector Lynley episode (speaking of pretty, Nathaniel Parker is quite doable), and seeing a very young Cavill as the troubled head boy of a malicious boys' boarding school lot. He was very decent in the role, very pretty, again, but not built up the way he has to be for Superman, and I thought to myself - here is someone who might have turned into a decent actor if he hadn't abandoned the process for film stardom at the shallowest level. It's a trap Hiddleston nearly fell into but I think ultimately will avoid - probably because he's not pretty.

R61

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2018 2:36 PM

Why doesn’t he get braces? His teeth could easily be fixed by some clear braces or no?

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2018 2:39 PM

I think when he signed the Superman contract he sold his soul. I would loooove to see that contract. He is probably under NDAs up to his nose. Also (though I bet mostly unenforceable under court examination) he signed terms dictating his social life under threat of relief that would leave him professionally destitute and Hollywood-persona-non-grata.

WB and DC made him their bitch.

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2018 2:49 PM

I get the pedo vibes from him. I think he likes MJ style slumber parties.

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2018 2:51 PM

No one gets the prize!

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2018 2:52 PM

He is not ageing well either. It will be difficult for him to remain as a A/B list actor in five years.

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2018 2:55 PM

Henry Cavill....”I MADE A BIG MISTAKE”!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2018 2:57 PM

God, he is such an idiot. Seriously, is he retarded? I used to have a huge crush on him back in his Tudor days, when his body was normal size, his beautiful face was less roidy, and most of all, he kept his mouth shut so we didn't know he was such a douchey, aspie incel.

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2018 3:21 PM

He's single because he can't abide dating anyone older than 16 and he is now in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2018 3:26 PM

Cavill’s second aplology: “I didn’t mean what I said…”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 13, 2018 3:27 PM

It's okay Henry, WE UNDERSTAND!

by Anonymousreply 75July 13, 2018 3:27 PM

He might be and idiot, a tool, and an ephebophile but its precisely these qualities that would make him perfectly cast as a live action version of Sterling Archer. Seriously, imagine Archer saying any of this shit. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 76July 13, 2018 3:33 PM

Henry needs to shut-up, and just take off his shirt.

by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2018 3:33 PM

oh miss henry cavill is so desperate to be seen as straight, he'd rather be seen as a piece of shit hetero than as a fag. Sad, come out heners we won't bite, er to hard.

by Anonymousreply 78July 13, 2018 3:34 PM

His apology was sent out by his manager, didn't even come from him. Damn Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 79July 13, 2018 3:35 PM

I would LOVE Henry as Archer

by Anonymousreply 80July 13, 2018 3:40 PM

Henry would make a great Archer! Btw, which movies showcase Henry at his hottest? Most of the ones I have seen him in do not really sexualize him at all. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 81July 13, 2018 3:57 PM

R81 The man from Uncle plays off of his attractiveness quite a bit. Meh movie. I watched it for him

by Anonymousreply 82July 13, 2018 3:58 PM

No lady will have to worry about Cavill #Metooing them.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2018 3:59 PM

A few years back, HC opened up about how hard it is being a completely straight man in a “professional acting environment,” where one is expected to work with the Ladies without getting an enormous boner every so often. Especially when he’s shooting a scene where he has to mash his 100% heterosexual nuts up against a writhing female body. What a struggle for him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 13, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote]Agreed, Henry has never had to put effort into flirting or pursue women in his life.

Seriously. It is a bizarre comment coming from someone who is gorgeous, famous and wealthy. Don't act like you would have to work at all to meet women.

by Anonymousreply 85July 13, 2018 6:39 PM

The erection story seals it for me. There WILL be a live action Archer movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2018 6:47 PM

is this the new "i'm only date when i'm in Europe"?

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2018 6:49 PM

r71/r74 is the worst URL-paster in all of the history of the universe.

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote][R54] he didn't say he was going celibate, he said he was returning to bad relationships to avoid starting new ones with unknown people.

And all of his relationships are in Canada!

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2018 6:59 PM

Can the morons calling him an incel shut the fuck up? Incels can't get women because they're losers with bad personality and fugly faces. Henry's problem is not that he can't get women - it's that pussy grosses the life out of him.

by Anonymousreply 90July 13, 2018 7:01 PM

Just be pretty and shut up Henry.

by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2018 7:29 PM

Vile man. FF’d.

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2018 7:32 PM

Gay Henry back in the day, surrounded by other males.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2018 7:57 PM

Come on guys, Henry is as straight as an arrow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2018 8:00 PM

"Henry's problem is not that he can't get women - it's that pussy grosses the life out of him".

So, he is a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2018 7:26 AM

[Quote] Didn't he have herpes or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2018 7:37 AM

R95 can you imagine dragons he posted here pretending to be a frau? Or the yellow skin troll? Or the the feminine features troll *shudder*

by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2018 2:48 PM

Henry Cavill has definitely been this board before.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2018 2:52 PM

[quote]Gay Henry back in the day, surrounded by other males.

Omg, for real??

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2018 2:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2018 2:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2018 3:00 PM

If #Metoo means “I also love penis,” then he’s right.

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Give him a break, he a closeted man trying to justify being single. If he was fug, that would explain it...but when you are this gorgeous, 35 and single...me thinks the lady doth protest.... He's so fuckin hot

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2018 3:13 PM

R102 Henry's face really is stunning in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2018 3:15 PM

R105 He lights up at the sign of a male.

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2018 3:16 PM

People forget that we used to idolize actors who barely kept their drug addled sex orgies a secret but now Cavill says something that isn't PC and he's forced to take it back. god forbid we have actors who act like humans.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2018 3:24 PM

Now I want live action Archer movie. How about Meryl Streep as Mallory, William Shatner as Jack off, and Halle Berry as Lana?

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2018 3:29 PM

Cavill can have all the orgies he wants r107, what people are upset about has nothing to do with his sex life, but that he attacks people speaking out about being sexually assaulted.

Apparently no one can flirt anymore (news to me), because people spoke out about being assaulted. How fucking absurd, he deserves the blowback.

by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2018 3:30 PM

He is completely off the mark, everybody start talking about false accusation and difficulties dating when somebody bring the subject of metoo, except it has nothing to do with that. It's about sexual harassment in the work place, in the film industry and elsewhere. You need somebody in a position of power, abusing it, asking for sexual favour against part in film or threatening people to lose their job if they don't comply.

We understand, the guy is too busy working out, and eating his 5 meals a day, but outside is brother, his all management team and pr is made of women, they couldn't find a couple of hours to brief him on what's going on in the world in the last year? Interview are like exams, you are supposed to be able to talk about anything and sound intelligent.

The real questions when a journalist brings the subject of meetoo are : have you ever used the casting couch to get part? And have you already used your position as producer/director/lead actor to pressure people doing things they didn't want to do?

The worst is that his publicist Jennifer Allen and his manager Dany Garcia published a blind reminding everybody about his "herpes" on blind gossip the 10th. It's like they have organised everything just to remind every body that he is straight, (we got it they had to counterbalance the blind on CDAN saying Tom has cast Cavill to be his personal toy) they don't mind making him look like a moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 14, 2018 5:06 PM

R102 what movie is that from?

by Anonymousreply 111July 14, 2018 6:47 PM

Ryan Seacrest school of gay ass fake #metoo controversy. At this point I don't think even the dumbest frau believes these two to be straight, or do they?

by Anonymousreply 112July 14, 2018 7:26 PM

Metoo and casting couch are completely different things. The real metoo shit is about being raped or sexually abused by someone in a position of power. A casting couch is a sexual agreement between two consenting adults (I won't include here kids and pre-teens for obvious reasons).

by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2018 7:29 PM

[quote] Is it possible Henry may actually be straight?

Ask his Instagram pics you can still find online where he was kissing his boyfriend and talking to his gay friends using typical gay lingo. But you know, you can believe in Santa too.

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote] what movie is that from?

That's from the Mission Impossible Fallout London premiere where he speaks lovingly of his friend Tammy Cruise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2018 7:38 PM

Lyin' Henry could do a lot better than that lyin' aging Scientology midget.

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2018 8:04 PM

[quote]He might be and idiot, a tool, and an ephebophile but...

An efebo what now? How did this rumor come about?

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]An efebo what now? How did this rumor come about?

Because his last girlfriend was 19 years old people are acting like he's Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2018 8:20 PM

^thanks for clearing that up, r118.

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2018 8:26 PM

His phimosis is cutting of the blood supply to his brain.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2018 8:41 PM

R118 to be fair, bitch is asking for it. men in teenage girlfriends shouldn't throw stones.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2018 8:57 PM

Yikes is this him? The man of steel hint kind of hints to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 14, 2018 9:14 PM

He's probably using Alli. It's like eating bags of Olestra chips.

by Anonymousreply 123July 14, 2018 10:30 PM

R122 it's from 2013, since then they moved to the "he has herpes" to keep people away.

R113 I consider casting couch part of the problem, if these "sexual agreements" did not exist, those people in power wouldn't feel entitle to ask for it from actors who did not volunteer for it. You can offer your service in bed, or you can be persuade to offer it.

by Anonymousreply 124July 15, 2018 5:34 AM

Are there any famous men he has been rumored to date btw?

by Anonymousreply 125July 15, 2018 10:12 AM

Henry's wisdom about Superman's relations with women-- ​”This is a very long discussion because there are a lot of questions to be asked and answered. I mean who is better for a super-powered alien, a human or a goddess? Yes, the goddess can do all the normal things, which we would think are normal in a relationship, and not have any fear of Superman. But you also need to have that baseline of humanity, which Lois provides. And literally keeps his feet on the ground, keeps him down to earth. So that’s more of a debate than an answer.” . . . Another interview turned PR nightmare. Sounds like he wouldn't know a pussy from a whole in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 126July 15, 2018 10:18 AM

yikes. henry sounds as dumb as he looks!

sexual assault aint wooing!

by Anonymousreply 127July 15, 2018 11:23 AM

is he straight?

by Anonymousreply 128July 15, 2018 12:05 PM

His most famous alleged date, R125 is Jake Gyllenhall. Supposedly, when Cavill was making the Tudors in Ireland and Jake working on Prince of Persia in England, Jake would fly over every weekend. Also supposedly, Jake was devastated when Cavill ended the relationship when he began to get bigger movie parts.

by Anonymousreply 129July 15, 2018 12:39 PM

Thanks r129, I never heard this rumor.

by Anonymousreply 130July 15, 2018 1:12 PM

That's exactly how my straight friends and coworkers who are in their late 20's/ early 30's think.

It seems that if a man tries to be polite or nice to a woman she will act like he's going to rape her, unless she thinks he's hot, then he can get away with anything.

I'm so glad I don't have to put up with this female bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 131July 15, 2018 3:24 PM

Henry Cavill: “People got the wrong idea of what I said”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 15, 2018 3:24 PM

Yes, his manager put out of statement of apology r132. Cavill himself hasn't even talked about it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2018 3:27 PM

R131 if they're " Trying to be nice and polite" and the result is someone thinking they're trying to rape them that implies a pretty big lack of understanding of what "nice and polite" mean eh? Straight men are such fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2018 3:30 PM

Get that man a muzzle.

by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2018 3:30 PM

Because the new Mission Impossible is getting raves, and Henry Cavill is in it playing a bad guy, I will definitely stand in line to see him!

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2018 3:33 PM

It was discussed here at the time, R130, especially when the producer or director made snide comments that seemed to refer to it after P of P bombed.

by Anonymousreply 137July 15, 2018 3:36 PM

There seems to be some confusion R131 - I suspect that 'act like he's going to rape her' means she made clear she wasn't interested and/or made very clear she wasn't interested (with maybe some fear/annoyance) if he pushed the issue. As for 'get away with anything if she thinks he's hot' - I think you've just come to the surprise realization that if a woman is attracted to a man she may want to talk to him/dance with him/kiss him/sleep with him.

That's not 'getting away with anything', that's mutual consent to talk/dance/kiss/have sex from two agentic people who get to say yes or no depending on whether they are interested. - now why on earth does that surprise you? It would only surprise you if you didn't really understand that women are real people with actual agency of their own, perhaps that's the problem here?

by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2018 3:37 PM

He's gorgeous, rich and famous. His looks alone would have women throwing themselves at him right and left. He wouldn't need to try at all. With all he's got going for him many women would be blind to any faults. He would have to be next level creepy in his demeanor to frighten away most women.

by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2018 3:40 PM

Women are just as shallow as gay men, if not more. Cavill does not have to worry about metoo lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2018 4:04 PM

I want to be angry at him but sometimes I'm too blown away by how handsome he is

by Anonymousreply 141July 16, 2018 2:53 PM

Metoo is only for ugly, gross trolls. It's not for gorgeous men like Henry. He's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2018 11:24 PM

Flirting: great!

Cornering a woman in a corridor and forcing her to watch you masturbate into a pot plant: not great!

Hope than sums things up for you, Henry.

by Anonymousreply 143July 18, 2018 11:26 PM

This reminds me of when hot women complain that they can't get a date because men are too intimidated by them. Uh, yeah okay.

by Anonymousreply 144July 18, 2018 11:28 PM

He's gay as a Christmas, and he tossed out what he heard straight guys in the biz say.

Big misfire.

by Anonymousreply 145July 22, 2018 7:37 AM

Henry Cavill: “People misunderstood what I was trying to say”…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2018 3:37 PM

Just shut-up Henry, and look pretty!

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2018 3:42 PM

He didn't really apologize, because he's blaming the writer for using "editorial liberties."

by Anonymousreply 148July 23, 2018 6:57 AM

Just how far in the closet do you have to be to use this argument to justify not having a beard right now lmao

by Anonymousreply 149July 23, 2018 7:14 AM

R149 He passed the Christmas decorations when he had the child-beard, so he's now fully into Narnia territory.

by Anonymousreply 150July 23, 2018 8:09 AM

R149) He smells the A-list scent, and he'll do anything to get there, even if it is on the corner of ridiculous and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 151July 23, 2018 9:09 AM

For someone so shy and reserved I'm surprised he's such a fame-thirsty ho.

by Anonymousreply 152July 23, 2018 9:45 AM

Why would she even say something like this? Doesn't she have better handlers?

What is her problem?

by Anonymousreply 153July 23, 2018 9:51 AM

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 154July 23, 2018 9:52 AM

[quote]Why would she even say something like this? Doesn't she have better handlers? What is her problem?

Dany, the manager, was right there during the interview. I guess she was taking calls for the Rock.

by Anonymousreply 155July 23, 2018 9:53 AM

R152)

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 156July 23, 2018 9:56 AM

o f gods sake the whole world and its sister knows he is gay

geesh

by Anonymousreply 157July 23, 2018 10:02 AM

He doesn't have a sister, and there are women, who swear he's a pussy hound because he brings out an ugly beard around premiere time.

by Anonymousreply 158July 23, 2018 10:12 AM

Preposterous!

by Anonymousreply 159July 23, 2018 11:38 PM

Cavill is based tbh and most of the women are problematic, they always were. Especially after this #metto shit started, you're afraid to talk to a woman without her calling you out for it.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2018 12:11 AM

I had an acquaintance who trained with him in Britain. He alleged Cavill was a player (and screwed around or smthg... can't remember now). No gay shenanigan reports from my mate.

But with Cavill's latest 'shy wallflower' revelation - not sure who to believe now!

by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2018 12:27 AM

R161 Sure jan.

by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2018 12:40 AM

Women 'were always problematic'? oh R160 Hahahahahahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2018 12:48 AM

Maybe Cavill's just being quintessentially British? Many straights here have no game in bars: they really are too shy & self-conscious, terrified of public humiliation & social awkwardness (if they get shot down). 'Sorry to bother you; I don't want to impose myself; We haven't been properly introduced' and all that.

But once they get a few (well, quite a few) Lagers in, they pluck up the courage to approach people. (If there were a dry law in good ol' Britain, I'm not sure how people here would even procreate!)

Cavill's problem could be that he's on a workout-diet regimen and can't drink. He just needs a pint or two... or five... to loosen up that stiff upper lip.

Though I must admit, "I don't want to come across as a rapist" is a new one! Oh dear...

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2018 12:53 AM

He might have an easier time of it if he weren't dumb as a sack of hammers.

by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2018 4:43 AM

Henry should have been managed by Addison DeWitt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 24, 2018 5:02 AM

Or Sean Cody:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 24, 2018 5:28 AM

Thanks R167 just finished breakfast, didn't need that.

His handler was with him in the GQ Australia interview and did not stop him, his comments are making the round of the "news" at the invitation of Jennifer Allen, his publicist (nobody cared about a comment in GS Australia outside some of his fans), this story is part of the narrative "He is not gay, he is a real life Gaston" (last year Starmag's article and YT video). Is it better than to fake an assault like some people? I don't know. Do they really have to make him sound like a moron? Even if he really is one, do we have to know?

by Anonymousreply 168July 24, 2018 5:38 AM

Didn't need to know you finished breakfast, Aussie frau, but good on ya!

by Anonymousreply 169July 24, 2018 5:40 AM

R169 you're welcome! "Aussie"? you mean french?

by Anonymousreply 170July 24, 2018 5:50 AM

Zut alors!

Mais bien sûr, à long terme, rien ne compte vraiment du tout, n'est-ce pas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 24, 2018 6:22 AM

Nah henry just likes cock.

by Anonymousreply 172July 24, 2018 7:04 AM

he sat on tom cruises face to get that part in their movie? and then whut

by Anonymousreply 173July 24, 2018 7:55 AM

[quote]Cavill's problem could be that he's on a workout-diet regimen and can't drink. He just needs a pint or two... or five... to loosen up that stiff upper lip.

Can't drink? This dude drinks all the time.

by Anonymousreply 174July 24, 2018 7:56 AM

He's gorgeous, but pathetic. Far more pathetic than he is gorgeous, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 175July 24, 2018 8:08 AM

[quote]Henry Cavill - I'm SINGLE Because of #MeToo

Is this why guys won't date him ??

by Anonymousreply 176July 24, 2018 8:44 AM

LOL!

Good one.

by Anonymousreply 177July 24, 2018 8:56 AM

Anybody who says "there’s something wonderful about a man chasing a woman" is gay. Trying too hard.

It's like when Tom Cruise talked about "fucking your girlfriend". Hetero man don't have to talk like that, or jump on a couch to prove how madly in love they are.

by Anonymousreply 178July 24, 2018 9:38 AM

So pretty but so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 179July 24, 2018 11:34 AM

He will be on Kelly and Ryan this morning. Perhaps Ripa will recruit him into her gaggle of gays.

by Anonymousreply 180July 24, 2018 2:02 PM

I watched live with Kelly and Ryan today. Seacrest was wearing some platforms to make himself taller because Henry towers over him. Also, that show has the best lighting ever. The hosts and guests all look a good 10 years younger than they are.

by Anonymousreply 181July 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Thanks, R180! Right after I read your comment, I turned on Kelly & Ryan, and Henry was seconds away from being introduced…talk about timing! Henry is so gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see Mission Impossible on IMAX.

by Anonymousreply 182July 24, 2018 3:39 PM

Henry with Kelly and Ryan. Notice Andy Cohen asking Ryan to give Henry his number in the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 24, 2018 5:02 PM

[Quote] Notice Andy Cohen asking Ryan to give Henry his number in the comments.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 184July 24, 2018 5:07 PM

Who can stay mad at this face? 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 24, 2018 5:17 PM

I knew I was never going to stay mad at him R185 Even this thread just turned into more thirsting for him. Like there's not enough of that on DL already

by Anonymousreply 186July 24, 2018 5:22 PM

And he was also the most gorgeous twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 24, 2018 6:48 PM

His head was too big for a twinkish body shape. He looks better buffed up and furry.

by Anonymousreply 188July 24, 2018 7:08 PM

No Henry, you're single because you want to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 24, 2018 7:17 PM

She looks ridiculous blasting that country music while trying to do her pelvic lifts. Super buns? LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 190July 24, 2018 7:19 PM

I like his dog

by Anonymousreply 191July 24, 2018 7:39 PM

I'll volunteer to thoroughly inspect Cavill's buns to verify if they are indeed super.

by Anonymousreply 192July 24, 2018 7:54 PM

R187 - I believe that's a shot from the Inspector Lynley episode I mentioned way upthread - he really was quite touching playing the troubled Head Boy, it's pathetic seeing him turn into such a wooden half-wit.

"Little puppet made of pine, awake, the gift of life is thine!"

by Anonymousreply 193July 25, 2018 1:10 AM

Are there nudes of Henry Cavill?

by Anonymousreply 194July 25, 2018 1:23 AM

Sure Jan!

by Anonymousreply 195July 25, 2018 1:25 AM

There are butt photos from the Tudors that are fairly old by now r194, that's all we got.

by Anonymousreply 196July 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Will he ever come out? He should have no issues dating or just hooking up with women, and not just groupies or fame whores, Henry's comment, is as pathetic as the "I only date women in Europe!" claim Vin Diesel once said.

by Anonymousreply 197July 25, 2018 1:29 AM

I agree with him. Women have made themselves to much of a hassle to bother with. A compliment such as "you look nice today" can cost you your job and complete ruination. I'm gay, but I don't bother, I'll keep my face in my phone and ignore them and avoid the sensitive little things. Good luck to them meeting someone nice and starting a family as their clock ticks, if they're constantly side-eyeing and hoping for the opportunity to ruin someone's life.

by Anonymousreply 198July 25, 2018 1:32 AM

Sorry, ^too

by Anonymousreply 199July 25, 2018 1:33 AM

I’ve never heard of this guy. And he doesn’t seem that attractive to me.

Next!

by Anonymousreply 200July 25, 2018 1:38 AM

R48, Wentworth Miller has been out for years, and he’s still single.

So maybe he was right about just being shy.

by Anonymousreply 201July 25, 2018 1:40 AM

Did anyone watch the Kelly & Ryan episode? Ryan was surely feeling Henry and it seemed as if Kelly was trying to hook them up by saying they should walk their dogs.

by Anonymousreply 202July 25, 2018 2:04 AM

I heard he has the herp derp no thanks...........

by Anonymousreply 203July 25, 2018 2:10 AM

I thought I was "Jan". How many bloody Jans are there?

by Anonymousreply 204July 25, 2018 2:15 AM

single cause she like big jock chicken cock up her keester

COME OOUT DUDE

by Anonymousreply 205July 25, 2018 2:53 AM

R198, there is some truth to that. A hetero friend of mine sat on a jury for a man who was accused of rape, and he said how there was not any evidence from the guy's ex girlfriend that she had actually been raped or sexually assaulted. He did mention how there was one woman on the jury who automatically thought that the man accused of rape/sexual assault actually was a rapist because in her words he "looks like the type who would rape a woman" even though there was no actual evidence either physical, a police report/medical record, etc. that the woman was raped by anyone including her ex boyfriend who she took to court. My friend is married and said how he can't imagine being single now.

by Anonymousreply 206July 25, 2018 8:25 AM

R206) Yes, that's very true, but some people took his statement as "they all yell rape." Then, he said, "he believes in the art of the chase....but there are too many rules now.... He is now too scared to date."

It is just a bad look and too short-sighted to see that the Me Too numbers seem outrageous, because it went unchecked for decades. Plus, as a former friend of Brian Singer, he was lying in that he never experienced any foul stuff, or was he just being sexist in thinking the Me Too was only about women?

by Anonymousreply 207July 25, 2018 8:41 AM

Only delusonal women who think he's straight care.

by Anonymousreply 208July 25, 2018 9:44 AM

I agree. Plus, he sounded so rehearsed as fuck and still came off weird.

by Anonymousreply 209July 25, 2018 10:11 AM

He seems dumb as a stump. It cancels out the looks.

by Anonymousreply 210July 25, 2018 2:46 PM

R210 Nothing could cancel out his looks

by Anonymousreply 211July 25, 2018 2:49 PM

R211 - "Nothing could cancel out his looks"

Oh come, now. There must be SOMETHING!

by Anonymousreply 212July 25, 2018 3:05 PM

R212 I guess if he was a neo-nazi or something

by Anonymousreply 213July 25, 2018 3:12 PM

[Quote] I guess if he was a neo-nazi or something

Hail Hydra!

by Anonymousreply 214July 25, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote]I like his dog

Adorable!

by Anonymousreply 215July 25, 2018 5:27 PM

R207 so was Cavill one of Singer's victims, or did he join in being predatory and the abuse like Singer does?

by Anonymousreply 216July 25, 2018 10:00 PM

R216 the only story I could find who would be relevant is the blind where he talk to Karen Gillan about a part to sleep with her. Like, he would need that to convince somebody to sleep with him, right? Can't pick up girls without mentioning he is superman anyway... The movie would be "Stratton", he ended up leaving the production just days before the start of the shooting. And there was no leading lady in the movie, the "hero" get dumped by his girlfriend with a note on a hanger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 26, 2018 4:59 AM

People who defend him here and blame the women... because he's hot! ... typical datalounge

He's an asshole. And dumb.

by Anonymousreply 218July 26, 2018 5:13 AM

R218 normally i would agree with you, but the guy who keeps posting lame defenses of him is an interloper from 4chan and or reddit. I'm not saying that DL isn't super misogynistic in the best of times. Just that DL knows he's closeted and that really isn't womens fault.

by Anonymousreply 219July 26, 2018 5:23 AM

[quote]so was Cavill one of Singer's victims, or did he join in being predatory and the abuse like Singer does?

I think he was a victim. According to Singer, he was friends w/Cavill, while Cavill was slated or in the running for Supes. Something went down between them, and Singer decided to go with Brandon Routh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 26, 2018 5:58 AM

Silly, stupid, women. They are just pissed off at Cavill, because they didn’t get a wedding proposal.

by Anonymousreply 221July 26, 2018 3:23 PM

[Quote] The movie would be "Stratton", he ended up leaving the production just days before the start of the shooting.

He dodged a bullet with that one.

by Anonymousreply 222July 26, 2018 5:34 PM

Who exactly has he been linked with? All I see in the blinds are stories about him and barely legal coed types. Are his handlers planting this information to distract them from the truth? What men has he been linked to?

by Anonymousreply 223July 27, 2018 12:27 AM

R221 why you keep defending this asshole. He will never suck your dick!

by Anonymousreply 224July 27, 2018 6:22 AM

Never say never, honey.

by Anonymousreply 225July 27, 2018 3:24 PM

if he is looking for material to study the metoo movement, may I interest him with some John Oliver? There is definitely a 90s vibe, that subject should have been dealt with a long time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 30, 2018 6:22 PM

I have heard straight guys planning how to “metooproof” themselves: never look at a female colleagues chest, don’t look at her for longer than 1 second at a time, never make jokes, could be construed as flirting, never be in a room alone with a female colleague, never compliment or comment on her (or other women’s) looks or outfit even if she asks your opinion, and otherwise just pray and hope the next hire is a man.

by Anonymousreply 227July 30, 2018 6:52 PM

They could also just try not being a sketchy creep r227.

by Anonymousreply 228July 30, 2018 6:53 PM

They’re not 228, that’s why it’s so hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 229July 30, 2018 6:54 PM

R227 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 230July 30, 2018 7:14 PM

@r230 They were half joking, half serious about this r230. But they had definitely gotten the message, that its just safer to keep your head down until the hysteria dies down.

by Anonymousreply 231July 30, 2018 7:22 PM

R231 No it's not. Don't masturbate in front of women, touch them without their permission, or have sex with your employees and you will be fine

by Anonymousreply 232July 30, 2018 7:23 PM

They are not afraid they are going to turn into Weinstein @r232. Its normal friendly jokes/banter between coworkers that could be taken wrong, stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 233July 30, 2018 7:32 PM

[quote]Its normal friendly jokes/banter between coworkers that could be taken wrong, stuff like that.

They are plenty of unhappy women out there who are just looking for a reason to be offended. The coveted “victim” status confers all sorts of benefits.

by Anonymousreply 234July 30, 2018 7:36 PM

If you have to worry that the things you say in the office in front of coworkers are going to land you in deep trouble, then you really need an "idiots guide to being a functional adult" lesson. It's never been a concern of mine.

by Anonymousreply 235July 30, 2018 7:38 PM

Amen R235 the only men who have this problem are men who can’t take a hint!!

by Anonymousreply 236July 30, 2018 8:34 PM

R233 Not one metoo firing was because of off color jokes. If that's all that happens, worst the offender gets is a warning

by Anonymousreply 237July 30, 2018 9:12 PM

@r237 yes that’s true. It’s always a warning, but nobody wants the accusation of creating a “hostile or sexist work environment” that makes women feel “unsafe” in their “work space”, over a “wife’s are bad drivers” joke. Most women will not be offended, and will at most laugh it off or roll their eyes, but all it takes is ONE damn humorless bore looking to make an example out of you, and a hero of herself to #metoo, and you’re off to HR.

by Anonymousreply 238July 30, 2018 9:30 PM

As if any man or woman would be upset or offended if this guy came up tried to flirt with them.

You're argument only works for ugly people, Henry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 30, 2018 9:36 PM

Your*

by Anonymousreply 240July 30, 2018 9:40 PM

R238 Yes the warning might make the person who told the joke uncomfortable. I don't see why their feelings are much more important than the subject of the joke feeling uncomfortable. Best thing to do is have neutral party (in theory HR) arbitrate.

by Anonymousreply 241July 30, 2018 9:40 PM

I think this interview will always define him

by Anonymousreply 242January 13, 2019 9:44 PM

R242 - Ah, but as what?!

by Anonymousreply 243January 13, 2019 11:06 PM

dumb, unable to distinguish between rape and chase, disrespectful to women, and rape victims, thick, in his own bubble, uglier insides, and using the #metoo to justify his single days - which can be due to all of the above, herpes, and a taste for teens bordering the illegal

by Anonymousreply 244January 14, 2019 6:26 AM

[Quote] which can be due to all of the above, herpes, and a taste for teens bordering the illegal

Are you basing that on the blind items or......?

by Anonymousreply 245January 14, 2019 10:54 AM

I wish I had seen this thread before I visited Jersey (where HC is from) this past October. My guide and driver was talking about the island and casually mentioned that Henry Cavill can be seen on occasion in a local pub, sometimes with some of his Hollywood friends, just hanging out. He didn't mentioned who he was with. I plan to return for Jersey for another visit, but not this year. After reading this thread I'm with those who think he is gay. No straight person, regardless of their intelligence level, would ever use #MeToo as an excuse. How lame!

by Anonymousreply 246January 14, 2019 11:19 AM

As gay as he is and I am sure, there is a lot of talk about him sleeping with masculine looking women and female teens. See other gay people like Heughan or even Hiddleston never had those runours consistently for over a decade. Onerumour is he left thr Tudors irish actress Mary Tudor, then 16 pregnant and paid for her abortion. So he can be gay in hi mind but his body surely fucks vaginas

by Anonymousreply 247January 15, 2019 12:31 AM

R232, you left out, don't walk around naked in front of your employees or job applicants, or with your dick hanging out, don’t stalk people, don’t send dick pics to all the employees you think are attractive. In fact, I’ve heard you’re not supposed to send any dick pics to your employees at all! Hard to believe, but that’s what they tell me.

A lot of us guys don’t understand not to do these things and have to be told. I had to be told myself. My years of experience may benefit others!

by Anonymousreply 248January 15, 2019 12:48 AM

No one would talk about the #metoo like this unless he is enganging in the wrong dealings with women. Bordering illegal age? Pedophilia? Dont think a gay man would use #metoo as a closet excuse, too bad

by Anonymousreply 249January 15, 2019 1:00 AM

Man, someone is working overtime to put the deceased pedo stamp on Cavill. The man is gay and wants to be left alone. You sick fuck need to leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 250January 15, 2019 6:11 AM

[quote] He seems very confused. Men don't get sent to jail for rape for pursuing a woman - that buys into the completely wrong idea that lots of women lie about rape,

But women [bold]DO[/bold] lie about rape sometimes. That's just a fact--it HAS happened. Not often, of course--but enough for it to be a concern.

Notorious examples:

*"The rape on campus that was notoriously claimed in the (later withdrawn) article in [italic]Rolling Stone[/italic] issue from 2014.

*The Eleanor de Freitas case in the UK in 2013-14

*The Danmell Ndoye case at Hostra University in 2009

*The Duke University lacrosse team case in 2006

**The Brian Banks case in 2002-12--he went to prison for five years for an accusation that was later admitted to have been fabricated

*The Tawana Brawley case in the 1980s

Those are just the most famous ones in recent years. You can go back even further to the Scottsboro Boys.

by Anonymousreply 251January 15, 2019 6:23 AM

[quote]Man, someone is working overtime to put the deceased pedo stamp on Cavill. The man is gay and wants to be left alone. You sick fuck need to leave it alone.

I meant to say -- diseased -- pedo stamp on Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 252January 15, 2019 6:33 AM

well rumours of dating teens ( no pedophilia but close) have been going on for many years in paralel to somegay rumours.

by Anonymousreply 253January 15, 2019 2:29 PM

Isn't Henry at the very least dating in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 254January 15, 2019 2:31 PM

r251 I wouldn't be so quick to call these women liars. Some of them I would bet my savings on were paid off.

by Anonymousreply 255January 15, 2019 8:00 PM

Luckily the world is watching and the #metoo is alive and ready to target him if he rapes a teenagers, female or male

by Anonymousreply 256January 15, 2019 10:52 PM

R253 I haven't heard those rumors for years. It's been like six months, and I stay w/my ear to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 257January 16, 2019 4:59 AM

R257 She openly started dating Tara in 2015 she was 17-18. But there were photographed earlier in 2014. So she was 16-17 then. It is all legal of course. Then there was the previous old rumour of him leaving Mary Tudor, then 16, pregnant and paying for abortion. All put together is when the 16 year old evidence exploded. Since then people rumours predator, pedo, all legal but if he can date 16s, could he go for younger in those countries were it is legal?

by Anonymousreply 258January 16, 2019 3:29 PM

If he happened to have a taste for both gay men and minimum legal age women, we sre talking quite the ( bisexual) predator. Clearly no superman.

by Anonymousreply 259January 16, 2019 3:35 PM

[quote] She openly started dating Tara in 2015 she was 17-18.

She?

by Anonymousreply 260January 16, 2019 6:05 PM

Yes, they were photographed together between 2014-2016

by Anonymousreply 261January 17, 2019 1:48 AM

*kissing and all that. Apparently he can bisexual for the cameras. And she thought it was real. Poor thing

by Anonymousreply 262January 17, 2019 1:50 AM

You people forget that women, like men, can be assholes too, and sometimes they like playing games. "No" can sometimes mean "yes (if you try hard enough".

He's right that a chase is thrilling. The problem is obviously some men see one when there isn't.

Women need to be more sympathetic to men's attempts and not call harassment when there's clearly just misunderstanding. And likewise many men need to be more educated about reading social cues, and respecting boundaries. It's also the responsibility of a woman to clearly state those boundaries and not beat around the bush!

by Anonymousreply 263January 17, 2019 2:10 AM

As in, I'm gay! Hey, me too!

by Anonymousreply 264January 17, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] Yes, they were photographed together between 2014-2016

Where is that 2014 photograph? All there is are pics of Tara at 19.

by Anonymousreply 265January 17, 2019 6:47 AM

[Quote] Clearly no superman.

Worse than me??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 17, 2019 10:07 AM

New Durrell crew thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 18, 2019 2:25 AM

New Durrell creatures thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 18, 2019 2:26 AM

Now, why is he single? Covid?

by Anonymousreply 269April 8, 2020 2:17 AM

LOL!

R269 Don't get him going. He might break out with another beard.

by Anonymousreply 270April 22, 2020 8:46 AM

R270 i doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 271April 22, 2020 10:24 AM

Nah, the #meToo movement doesn't apply to handsome men like Cavill. Women just consider their behavior flirtatious.

by Anonymousreply 272April 22, 2020 11:18 AM

I agree but he had to say something for his lack of significant (female) other. Once the world opens back up, I want him to forget about all of that and hang out with his boo.

by Anonymousreply 273April 22, 2020 11:30 AM

R2 as he should

by Anonymousreply 274April 22, 2020 11:41 AM

Cavill — dumber than a box of rocks

by Anonymousreply 275April 22, 2020 11:43 AM

He's pretty much quiet on IG. He must be quarantined with a man.

by Anonymousreply 276April 25, 2020 6:56 AM

R276 or he (hopefully) knows better. Unlike his former co-star Gal.....

by Anonymousreply 277April 25, 2020 12:41 PM

What did Gal do, R277?

by Anonymousreply 278April 25, 2020 3:56 PM

Yeah, what did she do, and why should he know better? Fuck, it's 2020. He's nearing 40, and it's not as if he's top of Hollywood's list of actors.

by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2020 8:45 AM

Oh, I know what Gal did. That stupid IG singalong for the Coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2020 8:46 AM

[Quote] He's nearing 40, and it's not as if he's top of Hollywood's list of actors.

Well he's got The Witcher for another 2 seasons keeping him preoccupied.

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2020 11:54 AM

Witcher is guaranteed for Season 2. Fans were speculating that it'll get a third season.

by Anonymousreply 282April 27, 2020 7:05 AM

Why is he cooking and posting the pics so much? I wouldn't mind it if he said something about it besides the next to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 283April 29, 2020 10:54 AM

R283 to say what? He can't applause publicly the work of the NHS, being from Jersey, he is born in a tax haven, it would be hypocritical from him.

As long as he is not trying to sell another drink or a beard...

by Anonymousreply 284April 29, 2020 11:30 AM

[quote] Sit on my face and smother me with that bussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 29, 2020 6:28 PM

Who walks with their hands in their pockets?

by Anonymousreply 286April 30, 2020 6:35 AM

[quote]As long as he is not trying to sell another drink or a beard...

No, he's just sending "care packages" to his brother to make drinks with Rosemary Water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287April 30, 2020 6:40 AM

No love lost between WB and Cavill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 30, 2020 8:44 AM

R288 the shade of it all. He really did piss them off.

by Anonymousreply 289April 30, 2020 9:46 AM

Man to be a fly on the wall, when that fuckery went down.

by Anonymousreply 290April 30, 2020 11:31 AM

Here's an encounter with him, in the olden days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 3, 2020 6:18 AM

Who's the superhero in red in the fourth pic at R288?

by Anonymousreply 292May 3, 2020 6:26 AM

R292 That's Shazam! The picture that Cavill was supposed to do a cameo for but he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 293May 3, 2020 6:44 AM

Thanks you, R293.

by Anonymousreply 294May 3, 2020 6:54 AM

I meant to write "Thank you".

by Anonymousreply 295May 3, 2020 6:54 AM

[Quote] “Hey, I don’t mean to bother you, but - ever get told you look like Henry Cavill?” He T H I N K S. “Eh, sometimes. Sometimes my parents call me that, sometimes even my friends.”

lol 🙄

by Anonymousreply 296May 3, 2020 7:45 AM

He's made a cake for his birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 6, 2020 8:59 AM

He's made an appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 21, 2020 8:51 AM

Here's a short clip of the MOS viewing w/him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 21, 2020 8:51 AM

He brought back to the stache and the booze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 22, 2020 7:37 AM

So now i'm seeing rumours about Henry doing a cameo in Black Adam and a MOS sequel.

by Anonymousreply 301May 22, 2020 9:57 AM

Rumors? There's no MOS sequel. Synder got the go-ahead to show his cut of JL and I think the Rock already said that there will be no other superheroes appearing in Black Adam.

by Anonymousreply 302May 23, 2020 6:55 AM

R302 hence why I used the term [italic] rumours [/italic] instead of stating it like a fact.

by Anonymousreply 303May 23, 2020 8:13 AM

R303 Hence, why I gave you an answer to why the rumors are false.

by Anonymousreply 304May 23, 2020 11:38 AM

Another hat to seem relatable to the Fahns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305September 22, 2020 6:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!