Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beautiful Boy Film

should be screened at TIFF and possibly Venice. Shall we keep the discussion going? Can TC get some love from the critics and snag a best supporting actor nomination?

by Anonymousreply 603September 9, 2018 4:02 PM

Funny to read discussions about the film that practically no one has seen. Timothee can't get awards and nominations for every role. Having watched practically everything with him, I can say that he is good only in roles of sensitive introverts. That is a limited range for a talented actor as people see him.

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2018 5:05 PM

I wish I saw more substance in the trailer, more transformation from the beautiful boy to a serious addict

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2018 8:01 PM

Until the film is released and reviewed everything is just speculation. TIFF is only two months away and that's when a serious discussion can actually happened. The people here aren't film critics so what they say don't mean much.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2018 2:40 AM

^happen.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2018 2:41 AM

I hope to see a great difference from CB Laurie to TC 's interpretation of Laurie in LW. I never bought Laurie being in love with Amy

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2018 5:06 PM

Here's the trailer for MQOS. I think if TC and her were together they would become the next HW powercouple. One to actually admire. If TC goes the IG model way, well what a waste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]screened at TIFF and possibly Venice.

Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2018 7:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2018 9:45 PM

Looks like Woody Allen's film starring Tim and Selena and Elle may come out this fall

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2018 3:29 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2018 3:30 PM

r9 link?

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2018 3:52 PM

Timothee in final talks to star in Villeneuve's Dune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2018 8:26 PM

it will be in the New York Film Festival

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2018 8:32 PM

he's got some serious competition from Lucas Hedges in BEN IS BACK .

Similar type of film with the drug addled teenage son wreaking havoc on idyllic suburban fam,ily life. this time the bedraggled parent is Julia Roberts, who is coming for her second oscar.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2018 8:34 PM

R12 The production will start in 2019. For this year he’s done. Don’t know what to say about Dune...if they think of it as a trilogy....god help us!

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2018 8:50 PM

They are saying two movies.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2018 8:53 PM

Timmy must be really wanting those big blockbuster roles but this has the potential to be a disaster. I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2018 8:54 PM

R17 I share your thought....I was leaning towards something completely different. Anyway, at least he booked something to shoot for 2019. So he has steady work.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2018 8:58 PM

He is an A list now.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2018 9:02 PM

R19 Mmmm...not really. Yes, he got a nomination, but he still has to prove himself with other works as well. Lucas, like him, has already a nomination, but is he to be considered an A list actor?

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2018 9:05 PM

TC is considered for A list projects. Dune is gonna be huge.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2018 9:11 PM

R21 Hold your horses on that front. There’s a reason why this movie is kind of hard to put it on screen. But working with the director makes curriculum.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Same way blade runner 2049 was, If someone can pull this off both commercially and critically is Villeneuve. Big money for Chalamet as well.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2018 9:56 PM

The King, Little Women, Dune,,, he didn´t stay indie for long ... and he did want his own franchise after all!.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2018 10:07 PM

Well, he knows where the money is. Also for Villeneuve I’d be game too.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2018 10:15 PM

Are you kidding me? In Villeneuve's hands no way this will suck. Timmy's stardom will be blowing up in the next couple years especially now with a possible franchise. Way better than any DC or MCU trash. I just really hope he can keep it together. Don't sell out and don't let it get to his head.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Prefer to see him in Dune then LW

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2018 10:40 PM

Also it will be interesting to see if he'll still be game for a CMBYN sequel once he gets really big. Actors headlining franchises need to look straight to appeal to the general public so more gay movies for him will be tricky. And he'll have to drop the androgyny and get himself a 'gf'.

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2018 11:06 PM

I love Denis Villenueve's work. I consider myself a fan, but I did not like "Blade Runner" at all. I fear his take on Dune will be another self-indulgent, turgid, albeit beautifully directed, bore. I much prefer his more character based work like Prisoners and Enemies, even Arrival to a degree.

But very excited that Timothee are working with great directors, just wish the work was on the same personal levels as Beautiful Boy, Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2018 11:30 PM

Well, I loved Blade Runner and I loved the Dune books and Villenueve is one of my favorite directors. I'm sure most people are incredibly pumped for this already.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2018 11:53 PM

[quote]Timmy's stardom will be blowing up in the next couple years especially now with a possible franchise.

The only "franchise" in that freak's future is "Timmy's 50 Load Friday".

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2018 11:56 PM

A list star....this wannabe thread is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 32July 17, 2018 12:05 AM

This promo tour should be interesting

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2018 11:53 PM

The hilarious thing is that 14-year-old Jack Dylan Grazer, who plays the younger version of Timothee's character, already had his drug "scandal".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2018 12:01 AM

R34 how ironic...

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2018 5:30 AM

Beautiful Boy and Suspiria are expected to play The Venice Film Festival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2018 4:55 PM

[quote]He is an A list now.

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2018 6:20 PM

He's not A list yet don't kid yourselves , but he is very well regarded in the industry for someone who was basically a complete Unknown a year and a half ago, hopefully this project doesn't take up to much of his time because if it flops he will need to have other projects lined up as backup to keep his career going without large gaps

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]but he is very well regarded in the industry for someone who was basically a complete Unknown a year and a half ago

He's only "known" here at DL among you pedos. In the real world he's barely a walk on extra.

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2018 12:53 AM

He has a lead actor Oscar nom as well as over 2m Instagram followers...

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2018 1:32 AM

R39 and millions of people who watched the movie and the Oscars 🙄

Just grow the fuck up

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]millions of people who watched the movie

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2018 2:24 AM

Most people know him from ladybird honestly

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2018 2:37 AM

Tiff announcement later (apparently if it says Canadian premier it's playing telluride too but If it says North American premier it won't be)

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2018 9:01 AM

Beautiful Boy is having its world premiere at TIFF. So it's not going to Telluride and won't be in Venice either.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2018 11:09 PM

Intersting besides the entry fees wonder how studios decide what festivals to attend.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2018 9:35 AM

Tim O'Tay alert: Hot Summer Nights is available on Amazon Prime for rental or purchase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2018 9:41 AM

Tiff premier only isn't great, it's not the worst but it would be a better sign if it was doing telluride as well. I still wonder how much this film cost to make...

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2018 8:19 PM

R48 20M. Also the comparison with Lucas in Ben is Back will be unstoppable.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2018 8:21 PM

The comparisons to Ben Is Back will not be favorable to Tim because I have a feeling it will be a superior movie to BB.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2018 9:06 PM

Where is that figure from though? Yea it's got a solid cast and director but I feel Julia Roberts might be the standout

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2018 11:24 PM

geez tim is makin shitty film choices to be in....

I give him a year then bak to b movies

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2018 11:30 PM

Gala premiere at TIFF! Ben is Back not getting the gala though :( and Boy erased not going :(

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2018 11:32 PM

screams flop

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2018 11:35 PM

I don't think it will be 'bad' but I doubt it will be OSCAR worthy , just a bland middlebrow forgettable film, won't affect his career much negatively because he already has another 3 projects lined up (so far)

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2018 1:32 AM

Probably will be nominated as BSA (won't win though) then a couple years to do vanguard projects, sci-fi movies, period dramas, just relax and promote, and then by 26/27 he is coming for the Oscar with a role in a PTA movie.

by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2018 2:23 AM

I feel he will probably work with the safdies before PTA

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2018 4:39 AM

The weirdest thing I read today was the Italian guy who runs Venice said he couldn’t include Beach Bum in the selection because it doesn’t have a distributor yet. He said McConaughey gives an Oscar worthy performance. WTF? He plays a stoner named Moondog.p

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2018 4:50 AM

I thought Matthew would have a chance at an Oscar nom with White Boy Rick

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2018 5:06 AM

Is he the new Jennifer Lawrence? Use him up, wear him out and people get bored seeing him?

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2018 5:31 AM

If he cuts his hair short, gains 25 lbs muscle, everyone will b floored. He’s a very good looking man but very skinny at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Not everyone needs to gain 25 pounds of muscle. Go home, douchebro.

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2018 6:27 AM

Nasty Tim O TAY gave a poor girl chlamydia TWICE!

by Anonymousreply 63July 29, 2018 6:14 PM

-R63 there were rumors he sleeps around with folks at NYU and former classmates. He's not innocent.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2018 1:46 AM

Gross!

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2018 11:40 AM

i bet the chlamydia rumour is made up by his pr team. HE IS HETERO! HE IS HETERO!

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2018 3:43 PM

R66 no, dumbass, it’s fake news!

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2018 6:03 PM

R66 That's the best they can come up with? An orgy rumor or an illegitimate child would be less indignant. I hope someone asks him about it.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2018 9:56 PM

You know a rumor is bullshit when the person who starts it can't even keep their story straight. First she says it was during his NYU years then she says it was in high school. I feel sorry of him, the guy is just keeping a low profile and minding his own business then you have these idiots starting rumors. Do they even realize they can damage his image with shit like this?

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2018 10:23 PM

Who started it? Can you link?

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2018 10:26 PM

R70 It was started by @godardxo on twitter. I think she's deleted the tweet now, though. But it just said that her friend knew someone who got chlamydia from Timmy twice while they were at NYU.

by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2018 10:34 PM

She deleted the original tweet r70 but here's a screen cap.

her additional tweets aka bullshit

shy hoe @godardxo Jul 28 Replying to @foxybIing I knowwww it was like when he went to nyu and he never treated it even tho the girl assumed he had! lol wtf

shy hoe @godardxo 22 hours ago I’m going to delete the timothee std tweet bc he was just in high school when it happened and I feel bad!!! sorry 4 exposing him✌🏻✌🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2018 10:43 PM

Omg why can't you just accept that he probably had a std a few years ago and move on, it's not that big of a deal lmao and the rumor has been going round for a while and she is not even the first to tweet it out

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2018 6:18 AM

R73 Fist of all there was no rumor of him transmitting any stds lol There were tweets about him sleeping around with girls and this one is true. Also, the way it was worded and all this girls’ past tweets just shows that it’s a lie in order to get some attention lmao. But it’s funny to see people falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2018 7:32 AM

Nope that was tweet number 4 about him giving a girl chlamydia

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2018 8:33 AM

R75 Show me the other tweets, then. Note, not from the same dumb girl, please.

by Anonymousreply 76July 31, 2018 8:47 AM

"Beautiful Boy Film"

Thank you. Thank you for being a devoted fan to my latest movie, "Mission: Impossible-Fallout"

The punctuation was my idea.

My teeth look FUCKING FANTASTIC, don't they? Those braces were so worth it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 31, 2018 9:10 AM

I'm not posting the other tweets for the obvious reason that I don't think this needs anymore attention online duh (and idk why you think they could be bothered to make such a specific rumor...because it's consistent) , as a fan of his i think he doesn't need to be embarrassed further for his 'supposedly promiscuous past

by Anonymousreply 78July 31, 2018 9:36 AM

There was one other tweet about it and it was from a guy who admitted he made it up and had other tweets of a similar nature hating on him.

It literally makes no sense that a girl would not only go back for more after someone gave her an STD but continue to refuse to wear protection. Nor does it make sense that he would be having unprotected sex with someone he wasn't in a relationship with considering he's been on TV etc. since he was in high school.

Anyone that believes it is incredibly dumb and gullible.

by Anonymousreply 79July 31, 2018 9:39 AM

i cant at people believing this, the girl even said it was just something she'd heard and that's why she had no fucking clue when it had supposedly happened.

people making up rumors about people they know that become famous? how unheard of!

people tweeting things about famous people that aren't actually true? never happened before!

i could literally log onto twitter right now and write a tweet that timothee chalamet has AIDS and some of you people would take it seriously.

i don't know how people cope with the real world honestly, when everything on twitter is now true.

by Anonymousreply 80July 31, 2018 9:45 AM

Okay don't believe it if u want but it doesn't matter if it was true it doesn't change my opinion of him honestly he seems the type (more so when he was 17-20)

by Anonymousreply 81July 31, 2018 9:54 AM

If that exact rumor isn't true I don't think the truth is far off honestly ...

by Anonymousreply 82July 31, 2018 9:57 AM

So you think when he was starring in Christopher Nolan films and trying to get his career to take off he was out there having unprotected sex with girls he can't trust and risking not only STDs but pregnancy? Yeah I'm so sure.

He may seem like the type to sleep around (isn't every attractive guy at that age) but he's also shown he's smart and mostly mature for his age so no he wasn't the type to put himself at risk of STDs and then if he did get one, not get it treated. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 83July 31, 2018 9:57 AM

[quote]But it just said that her friend knew someone who got chlamydia from Timmy twice while they were at NYU.

Obviously, someone's autocorrect changed "Chalamet" to "chlamyidia."

by Anonymousreply 84July 31, 2018 10:01 AM

lol it clearly isn't true because if you did get chlamydia twice from someone you would never tell anyone anyway because you'd be embarrassed both at getting an std and being stupid enough to go back a second time. you would just tell someone you'd fucked timothee chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 85July 31, 2018 10:05 AM

I love the "consistent rumor = it must be true" trolls. LOL.

Here's how gossip works honey. Someone makes up a lie and tells someone else. That person tells a few people.....and so on. Rumor/lie gets repeated frequently and CONSISTENTLY. Add social media to the mix and all of the aforementioned happens at the speed of light.

by Anonymousreply 86July 31, 2018 10:09 AM

R86 Exactly lmao. I don't doubt that the boy has had his fair share of sexual experiences but do these people really believe that everyone on Twitter that has a friend's friend at NYU that has fucked Timothee Chalamet is actually telling the truth or knows for certain? He was only there for a year!

by Anonymousreply 87July 31, 2018 10:13 AM

weird how there's no tweets about him fucking people's friend's friends at columbia. probably because most people don't know he went there and so don't bother to make shit up about it.

by Anonymousreply 88July 31, 2018 10:18 AM

[quote]It literally makes no sense that a girl would not only go back for more after someone gave her an STD but continue to refuse to wear protection.

Somewhere upthread (too lazy to look) is the quote from the "supposed" infectee that she went back for more AFTER she assumed he got treated. When you get an STD, both you and your partner have to take a course of antibiotics to get rid of it. She probably told him she had it and he was the one who infected her, so he needed to get a prescription. He never did. Or he DID get treated and was infected again by some other ho. First girl hooked up with him a second time at a later date (assuming he was clean) and she got the same STD again.

by Anonymousreply 89July 31, 2018 10:21 AM

Girls have always told other girls about guys they caught std's off so that the girls don't make the same mistake so I don't doubt that how this rumor started and then it caught steam when he gained fame and people who'd heard were like "hmmm wait wasn't he that guy who give that girl chlamydia that time" (example obvsiously)

by Anonymousreply 90July 31, 2018 10:22 AM

Like lots of college age guys I bet he got the antibiotics but never finished the course

by Anonymousreply 91July 31, 2018 10:24 AM

R89 No the supposed infectee has not said anything, the only person that has said something is someone that 'heard' this happened.

And again it still makes no sense that she wouldn't use protection the second time, or that they weren't in the first place considering they weren't in a relationship (as he was fucking around so much).

R90 If someone was that bothered enough that they'd be warning their friends away then they wouldn't be going back for more themselves.

Sorry but the story just doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 92July 31, 2018 10:24 AM

I mean warned other girls after the second time because I doubt she planned on getting it again from him

by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2018 10:25 AM

R93 If that was the case she would have worn a condom the second time, there's literally no reason not to.

by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2018 10:26 AM

Did someone say, "Prance?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2018 10:27 AM

I can see girls being mad about being cheated on and blabbing to everyone that they got an STD from someone they trusted. I can also see them lying to everyone about getting an STD from an asshole ex-boyfriend.....as revenge.

by Anonymousreply 96July 31, 2018 10:27 AM

if he was having unprotected sex with every supposed friend's friends at nyu he would have got multiple girls pregnant

unless people think he's out here paying for their abortions. jeez i know everyone wants to fuck him now but he wasn't even that attractive at this age and definitely not as successful, i seriously doubt he was the lothario he's being made out to be.

by Anonymousreply 97July 31, 2018 10:28 AM

Even if it's not true it's a rumor that lots of people in Specific parts of NYC have known about or a while, I feel bad that it went viral online but it's done now :/

by Anonymousreply 98July 31, 2018 10:28 AM

Most people HATE condoms, R94. And they don't prevent all STDs. Crabs come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2018 10:29 AM

Most college age girl are on birth control and a lot of college age guys fuck around without getting anyone pregnant

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2018 10:29 AM

R98 No it is not, you're literally talking out of your ass believing everything you read.

R99 Yeah and they still use them with people they're not dating especially after they've caught an STD from someone, are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2018 10:30 AM

R100 There are PLENTY that aren't and get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2018 10:30 AM

I guess if you so readily believe these tweets (proved to be bs @r72) that can be so easily made up, by the same token you have to believe the tweets about him fucking guys too. They're just as believable.

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2018 10:30 AM

This makes him much more interesting tbh and I doubt all this sex was done sans drugs lol

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2018 10:32 AM

Yeah if that tweet about him hooking up with a guy on ecstasy had gone viral would you all suddenly believe that one too?

I can't believe the idiocy of people here.

by Anonymousreply 105July 31, 2018 10:32 AM

He doesn't fuck guys I know we all wish he did but he's pretty straight but has gay friends etc

by Anonymousreply 106July 31, 2018 10:33 AM

That tweet was literally written by a teenage troye Sivan Stan that wasn't even from NY

by Anonymousreply 107July 31, 2018 10:34 AM

And this tweet was written by a teenage Lana Del Rey stan like omg so much more reliable!

by Anonymousreply 108July 31, 2018 10:35 AM

She's not a teenage lana feel rey Stan , she goes to nyu... Lots of people on Twitter don't have themselves as their profile pic

by Anonymousreply 109July 31, 2018 10:36 AM

*del

by Anonymousreply 110July 31, 2018 10:36 AM

R110 Yeah you can go to NYU and be a teenager. And yes she is a Lana stan, you only have to look through her Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 111July 31, 2018 10:37 AM

The worst ones responding to this rumor are those weird robotic stans tagging his manager and replying to tweets with FAKE NEWS

by Anonymousreply 112July 31, 2018 10:39 AM

fuck me the one poster in here that is obsessively posting about why this must be true needs help honestly. why is it so important to you to convince people that timothee chalamet had chlamydia like go outside and realize not everyone is as gullible as you.

by Anonymousreply 113July 31, 2018 10:39 AM

r106 but if the fucking around with girls std tweets are taken at face value then the hooking up with guys at parties must be too. My point is you can't pick and choose which one to believe depending on what suits you.

p.s. unless he personality told you you know as much about his sexuality as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 114July 31, 2018 10:39 AM

I'd say she's more part of NYC HF Twitter

by Anonymousreply 115July 31, 2018 10:40 AM

R114 Just ignore them, they're psychotic. All the posts in this thread about it being true are by them. Wouldn't surprise me if they were the girl on Twitter themselves.

by Anonymousreply 116July 31, 2018 10:41 AM

brb gonna change my twitter location to NYC, write NYU in my bio and start a rumor about Timothee killing my gerbil and parading the corpse around college

by Anonymousreply 117July 31, 2018 10:42 AM

Well even if the std rumor is false (which it probably is) I think he probably did hook up with a lot of girls and I've heard nothing of him with guys so does anyone have something that shows otherwise thanks

by Anonymousreply 118July 31, 2018 10:45 AM

R118 here's an idea: we know nothing about his personal life other than he dated Lourdes, has talked about liking girls in interviews and supposedly kissed Marta Pozzan.

Anything else particularly coming from Twitter is pure, unsubstantiated rumor with no actual proof. There's no logical way that all of the rumors that have been posted on Twitter about this guy can be true unless he has multiple personality disorder.

Now stop acting like you know anything about his personal life because you truly don't.

by Anonymousreply 119July 31, 2018 10:48 AM

R118 lol so now after all your insistence you admit it's probably not true. go to bed dear.

by Anonymousreply 120July 31, 2018 10:51 AM

I don't think that particular rumor is true but it think (as I said upthread) that it probably stems from the truth , chlamydia is very common

by Anonymousreply 121July 31, 2018 11:01 AM

R121 Do you have chlamydia or something and want to feel less ashamed so insist on believing that someone you're a fan of has had it too? It will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 122July 31, 2018 11:04 AM

R121 again, it literally doesn't matter what you think is true since you know nothing about his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2018 11:04 AM

It's only in the last few months that all these tweets about him supposedly being a huge whore have come out. There was like one last year about him making out with a girl in a taxi and that was it.

The fact that people can't recognize the pattern in someone becoming an IT Boy and therefore having ridiculous rumors spread about them is literally shameful. The fact is the people that did hook up with him would have known him well enough to see that he was becoming famous this time last year and yet none of these rumors were tweeted about then or even when he became an Oscar nominee. It's only now that randomers know they can go viral by saying something about a friend of a friend (why do none of these hundreds of people that fucked him ever tweet about it themselves?' that it's happening. And like someone said upthread there's a reason no one ever says it about Columbia and it's cos most people just think he went to nyu.

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2018 11:09 AM

R121. Depression is common. I don't have it. Alcoholism is common. I don't have that either. WTF is wrong with you.

What if one of your frenemies lied and posted on SM that you had an STD? How would you convince anyone otherwise? What would be your strategy? Or would you just roll with it assuming that it's okay they lied and slandered you, because......you know, everyone gets and STD eventually. It's common.

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2018 11:11 AM

Nice essay but Honestly if someone (who had an established Twitter account not one made just for that tweet) tweeted "I fucked timothee chalamet" they would never be left alone so that why

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2018 11:15 AM

R126 Riiiiight because someone has never fucked a celebrity and not wanted the attention from it, right? Some people have made careers off of that stuff. If he had fucked that many girls the chances of none of them ever tweeting about it are zero, especially this time last year when he was just famous enough that you could brag about it but not enough that you would get mobbed.

by Anonymousreply 127July 31, 2018 11:19 AM

When One Direction emerged there were plenty of girls coming out with stories about hooking up with them and they were at far more risk of not being left alone considering their fanbase was a lot bigger and younger than Timmy's.

by Anonymousreply 128July 31, 2018 11:21 AM

You just have to pity someone that considers two short paragraphs an essay

by Anonymousreply 129July 31, 2018 11:23 AM

Look at least no pics of him have leaked I don't think these rumors will affect his career ... sorry

by Anonymousreply 130July 31, 2018 11:39 AM

Of course they wont because anyone with a brain in their head doesn't believe everything they read on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2018 11:41 AM

This chlamydia shit makes me laugh. Has Sharp Objects taught you [italic]nothing[/italic] about teenage girls?

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2018 11:45 AM

saw his latest :::HOT SUMMER NIGHTS....damn good....hot studs galore, very kool film,,,,,highly recommend, filled with sixtys toons.

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2018 11:52 AM

It looks like this thread needs an intervention again. This thread is dedicated to BB. SO GIRLS GO BACK TO TUMBLR AND FUCK SOMEONE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2018 12:06 PM

I was wondering how there was so much discussion about this movie, should have known it was nothing but Chalamet fangurls being annoying and had nothing to do with the movie. Ugh. Same bullshit would happen in the CMBYM threads.

Nip it in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 135July 31, 2018 12:24 PM

No one knows if this is true or not so let it go before this thread is shut down.

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2018 6:38 AM

Fangurls and hall monitors is all that's left here. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2018 7:21 AM

This thread is dedicated to Beautiful Boy, not those shit tweets. If you turn this thread into a Tim Fan Club this thread will get shut down and I’ll take care of it. So, girls back to TUMBLR or LSA.

by Anonymousreply 138August 1, 2018 8:09 AM

-r138 Get a life and stop posting pics of you taking a dump. Everyone's figured out you're a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2018 12:30 PM

Let's all rebel against the piece of shit with the god complex.

by Anonymousreply 140August 1, 2018 12:37 PM

[quote]Omg why can't you just accept that he probably had a std a few years ago and move on, it's not that big of a deal lmao and the rumor has been going round for a while and she is not even the first to tweet it out

Puhleeze, R73. All the pedo fucks here are fapping thinking they’re gonna take his virginity.

by Anonymousreply 141August 1, 2018 1:27 PM

R139 If I’m a piece of shit, then you’re even worse. This thread is dedicated to the movie, not the same old shit you’re all spitting. The movie will premiere at TIFF, still one month to go, can’t you let this thread sleep in peace? Or are you all’ retarders in here?

by Anonymousreply 142August 1, 2018 2:24 PM

Imagine saying 'why can't you just accept that he probably had an STD' about someone you've never met.

by Anonymousreply 143August 1, 2018 3:51 PM

The scat troll on this thread needs to be banned for life. What a scum sucking pig.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2018 12:51 AM

What are we expecting from the press tour of this film, confessions of previous drug use and how making this film 'really opened his eyes' , maybe talking about people in his life that have struggled with addiction or more focus on talking about meeting Nic sheff and importance of the book?

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2018 1:20 AM

The latter two options. If he talks about himself consuming substances at all it will be alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2018 1:25 AM

Well, I'd like to know how a 23 year old man stays so pre-pubescent and waif thin. That isn't easy to do without drugs and/or a serious eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2018 1:28 AM

Some people just have that body type. It's not like he suddenly lost a lot of weight, he's been like that since he started growing taller in high school.

by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2018 1:31 AM

His both his dad and his uncle on his mothers side appear to be tall and slim so it's probably genetics

by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2018 1:36 AM

I mean I know that basically everyone in Hollywood has at least tried cocaine but i would be very surprised to see him (or almost any actor) ever admit to that while promoting a film

by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2018 1:41 AM

R147 Ask non-americans.

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2018 1:43 AM

Do you mean us, R151?

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2018 1:51 AM

LOL! R106, you're so cute in the confidence and high knowledge you have about Lil Timmy. LOL!

LOL!!!!!11!!

by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2018 1:59 AM

It's not just thinness, it's also a lack of normal development. I remember when two of my male friends from high school went away to college. They were skinny and wiry like Tim. But by mid-freshmen year, when I reconnected with them, I was amazed at the change in just a few months. Their necks got thicker and shoulders broadened. They looked totally different. And that was 17-18 y/o, not 23. When is Timmy going to fill out and look like a man instead of a 14 y/o kid?

by Anonymousreply 154August 2, 2018 2:01 AM

Drugs are bad. Bad. Bad. Drugs very bad. Oh yeah, My new bff The Weeknd yeah, he is a coke head, says he can't create music without doing a couple of lines per song. Yeah what a creative genius he is! I love partying with him, I flew around the world to be with him! Abel is just the greatest! But remember kids, don't do drugs.

by Anonymousreply 155August 2, 2018 2:01 AM

It boggles the mind how stans come to a gay ass community board to shout from the mountain tops that their Timmy is straight because of a fake ass, made up ass rumor. You dumb stupid fucks.

You would all lose your shit if you had the real slightest clue about this guy.

by Anonymousreply 156August 2, 2018 2:02 AM

R155 An Abel fan account says they've heard that friendship is over anyway.

R154 What's the big deal? People have different body types. Some men stay skinny until old age.

by Anonymousreply 157August 2, 2018 2:03 AM

So spill, R156.

by Anonymousreply 158August 2, 2018 2:04 AM

Link please!

by Anonymousreply 159August 2, 2018 2:04 AM

There was also a tweet from another account a few days ago, something about him saying something about Bella and Abel finding out. Can't find it now though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 2, 2018 2:08 AM

It was @sarzouthere on twitter. Said he heard from someone who knows Abel's assistant that they are no longer friends because Timmy said some things about Bella and/or her friends and Abel found out.

by Anonymousreply 161August 2, 2018 2:10 AM

Timmy's assistant*, not Abel's

by Anonymousreply 162August 2, 2018 2:12 AM

Sounds kind of legit. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 163August 2, 2018 2:35 AM

The body shape police are the definition of tiresome.

Not as tiresome as the ones who scream "PEDO!" about a man in his twenties for thousands of posts in every Timothée/Armie/CMBYN thread for the last two years, however.

On the actual topic, I feel underwhelmed by this film. Maybe it's because I don't have any experience with life-threatening addiction in my life (not myself, nor family or friends).

by Anonymousreply 164August 2, 2018 2:45 AM

For all the losing weight for Beautiful Boy talk it seems pretty clear to me that he didn't anyway. He's notably skinner in CMBYN so he has filled out some.

He's clearly healthy so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 165August 2, 2018 2:49 AM

*skinnier

by Anonymousreply 166August 2, 2018 2:50 AM

You’re indeed retarders....

by Anonymousreply 167August 2, 2018 4:47 AM

R156 I think it's obvious that he's gay and has multiple lovers

by Anonymousreply 168August 2, 2018 12:14 PM

Delulu at R168 but yeah, fantasyland is a great place to be.

by Anonymousreply 169August 2, 2018 12:52 PM

R169 Hi, pr person!

by Anonymousreply 170August 2, 2018 12:59 PM

Ok, so you girls asked for it. This thread was meant to be for the movie, exclusively. Since, you keep up filling this thread with bullshit and nothing sane, I’ll shut down this thread and guess with what? Chlamydia!!

by Anonymousreply 171August 2, 2018 1:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 2, 2018 1:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 2, 2018 1:05 PM

[quote]If he talks about himself consuming substances at all it will be alcohol.

And pistachios.

by Anonymousreply 174August 2, 2018 1:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 2, 2018 1:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 2, 2018 1:10 PM

TC and TW are still friends just on the DL. Wish fans weren't so gullible to his pandering to promote projects but that's him and his teams job. He will side step the drug issue just like he did the love issue promoting CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 177August 2, 2018 1:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 2, 2018 1:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2018 1:14 PM

R177 How do you know they're still friends? If two people have heard otherwise then I'd be inclined to believe it especially as one is an Abel fan.

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2018 1:42 PM

r156 stans and fangirls are desperate because he's giving them absolutely nothing to work with. For all his partying with TW all that's come out was a weak PR stunt with Marta Pozzan the attention whore. The Lily Rose Deep hook up they were dying to see happen, yeah looks like it's not gonna happen either. So now they keep pushing this fuckboi std rumor, at least that would prove he's into girls.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2018 1:45 PM

its been known for a couple of weeks in the industry that they've had a falling out. whether they make up or not who knows but it's definitely not a case of them trying to keep their friendship on the dl when before they made it as public as possible.

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2018 1:46 PM

R180 Because there’s no proof of this so called “argument” between the two. Do you really think that fan is a reliable source? C’mon. You all fall for the same bullshit and you’re back to square one. Regarding the promo tour, no one will ask about Abel. It will all be professional.

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2018 1:46 PM

R183 And there's also no proof that they didn't argue. If two people who don't know each other have heard it then I believe it until we see otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 184August 2, 2018 1:47 PM

If Timmy really said some shit about Bella, I could definitely see Abel cutting him off for that. Dude is completely pussywhipped by her.

by Anonymousreply 185August 2, 2018 1:47 PM

If one of the sources is Timmy’s assistant, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that Nick Spiro person, who’s very tight with Abel and his crew.

by Anonymousreply 186August 2, 2018 1:49 PM

R184 Again, it’s just speculation and frankly I can’t see it. If you want to believe they aren’t friends anymore go ahead lol. I wouldn’t jump the gun. Also, regarding his sexual orientation, it’s crystal clear he’s into girls and no I’m not talking about the Marta chick or his crazy fans shipping him with Lily Rose Depp. He was already friends with her. Now, if you want to spend all the rest of the comments speculate on his fall out or not with Abel...then, I’ll close this thread.

by Anonymousreply 187August 2, 2018 1:52 PM

^speculating

by Anonymousreply 188August 2, 2018 1:53 PM

well for the record i heard about an argument with abel before either of these tweets. as that fan acc says, it's been made very public in certain circles because when you 'wrong' abel he doesn't take it well

by Anonymousreply 189August 2, 2018 1:55 PM

Then, I guess all his younger and foolish fans will be totally relieved that their young French boy isn’t friends with Abel anymore. Now, what more do you all want to further add about this? Going back and forth as usual? Spitballing until you fill this thread completely?

by Anonymousreply 190August 2, 2018 1:58 PM

LOL at the idea that they are or ever were trying to keep that friendship on the DL! All that friendship's ever been is public, all the public parties, the last pic of them in that Vogue editor's ig story. What a deep, meaningful friendship too. No way that will ever end, impossible I tell you!

by Anonymousreply 191August 2, 2018 1:58 PM

Still at it? He’s easily manipulated and Nick liked Abel very much I could say.

by Anonymousreply 192August 2, 2018 2:00 PM

Great timing. He's got an anti-drug movie to promote. Doesn't need to be partying with the druggie friends.

by Anonymousreply 193August 2, 2018 2:04 PM

[quote]then, I’ll close this thread.

Out of control freak

by Anonymousreply 194August 2, 2018 2:05 PM

Inside Timmy is still the scrawny teenager that made XBOX controller videos on YouTube and rapped about not being able to get girls. He's always had a yearning to be cool and popular and we've seen that with how much he has salivated over celebrities. Combine that with being suddenly whisked away from CMBYN and Armie which was all he had known for the previous two years of his life and the Abel friendship was inevitable. He needed someone to latch onto and if that person can get him extra cool points, even better. But no it was never going to be a secure, meaningful friendship.

by Anonymousreply 195August 2, 2018 2:05 PM

R195 I think this is only the best contribution to this thread. Seriously. Applause. His fans are too young to see what goes behind the stage. It’s either this or that with them. So thank you for your comment.

by Anonymousreply 196August 2, 2018 2:12 PM

R194 That "person" is here at all times and she has a friend that's also here at all times backing her up.

by Anonymousreply 197August 2, 2018 2:14 PM

R197 No, my dear, I’m no PR. But it’s funny how you cunts keep at it. You were outed in the previous threads. Usually on Tim’s thread there are only girls that’s why they are immediately closed. Again, this thread is dedicated to the movie. If you want to talk about Tim go to TUMBLR, LSA, IG.

by Anonymousreply 198August 2, 2018 2:18 PM

*threads^^^

by Anonymousreply 199August 2, 2018 2:19 PM

-r193. Exactly! He's shrewd and there's no way he would talk about TW's girlfriend.

Timmy hangs with TW Because he thinks it's cool...TW hangs with the new It Boy for publicity.

-r195 Right. This friendship is not deep or long lasting but has not ended yet until both find someone else to move on to.

by Anonymousreply 200August 2, 2018 2:28 PM

And now that you have ranted it out, can we go back to the main topic? Or you really want this thread spammed?

by Anonymousreply 201August 2, 2018 2:30 PM

R200 lol stop acting like you know anything. they have had an argument, again, it is well known. yes they may make up but they may not. timmy could easily have said something about bella when drunk or high that got back to abel, especially if he said it to a mutual friend like nick. he's had plenty of arguments with people in the past, he's not that shrewd.

by Anonymousreply 202August 2, 2018 2:32 PM

I guess I got my answer.....

by Anonymousreply 203August 2, 2018 2:34 PM

MURIEL DELETE THIS THREAD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 2, 2018 2:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 2, 2018 2:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 2, 2018 2:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 2, 2018 2:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 2, 2018 2:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 2, 2018 2:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 2, 2018 2:50 PM

these threads are....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 2, 2018 3:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 2, 2018 3:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 2, 2018 3:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 2, 2018 3:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 2, 2018 3:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 2, 2018 3:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 2, 2018 3:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 2, 2018 3:52 PM

Aw, our little control freak scat troll @ R201 is stating her boundaries again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 2, 2018 4:26 PM

To 219. She’s bitchstolemyvapepen, she’s the one who uses “our little etc...” on her blog. You can check her out. Also, who in the hell, believes you don’t read DL? Girl, seriously. You and some of your friends were already caught in here, so stop the Sainte Vierge Marie act, not worthy.

by Anonymousreply 220August 2, 2018 4:42 PM

To R219^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 221August 2, 2018 4:43 PM

Uh, what?

by Anonymousreply 222August 2, 2018 4:45 PM

I hope Abel doesn't send his henchmen after Timmy for badmouthing his girl. It was a bad idea from the start for him to get involved with that shady crowd.

by Anonymousreply 223August 2, 2018 4:47 PM

Xavier Dolan will be at TIFF with his latest movie, he's expressed interest in Beautiful Boy in the past so odds are he'll try to attend the premiere if he can. I'd personally love to see a collaboration between him and Timmy in the future.

by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2018 4:50 PM

To @bitchstolemyvapepen Are these comments new for you? I could swear I’ve read hundreds of posts here on DL infesting all the A threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 2, 2018 4:52 PM

Abel loves to corrupt the innocent sweetheart it-boys. He tried to be Ed Sheeran's BFF for a while too. Obviously it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 226August 2, 2018 4:53 PM

To @bitchstolemyvapepen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 2, 2018 4:53 PM

R224 Well Timmy said in the past that when he met Villeneuve he spoke French to try and impress him and it clearly worked so perhaps he can try it with Dolan too.

by Anonymousreply 228August 2, 2018 4:54 PM

R228 Bitch Dolan is the one salivating over the kid, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 229August 2, 2018 4:55 PM

To @bitchstolemyvapepen LOOK! Where the fuck did I read this theory or evev better all these theories? DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 2, 2018 4:55 PM

R227 Just stop giving that psycho attention, this isn't even the Armie thread. Anyone picking on her weight while simultaneously thirsting after the incredibly skinny Chalamet is delusional beyond belief so just ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 231August 2, 2018 4:55 PM

I wonder what Timmy could've said about Bella that would have made Abel upset enough to end the friendship. Is he not into the IG model types after all??

by Anonymousreply 232August 2, 2018 4:56 PM

Abel is obsessed with Bella.

by Anonymousreply 233August 2, 2018 4:57 PM

R233. I know. Abel must have seen this as a huge betrayal on Tim's part.

by Anonymousreply 234August 2, 2018 4:59 PM

To R231 She’s not only in the A’s threads, but also in this one. This thread is dedicated to BB. I see that after my gifs, some of you is trying to talk about something else related to this movie. Fine. But, at the same time, you can’t because of other users who keep bringing up the Bella/Abel thing, I’m sorry to say this but I won’t give this thread to those people. I’ll just shut down this thread and open another at the end of August. The girls who are talking about Abel/Bella/Tim are the ones from LSA. You can’t carry a discussion with them.

by Anonymousreply 235August 2, 2018 4:59 PM

R235 Yes but you're posting stuff from her that is about Armie/Elizabeth, it couldn't be less relevant to this thread. If you keep giving her attention it will only thrill her and spur her on. Anyone with a brain in their head recognizes her as the most psychotic and delusional Armie 'fan' around and she'll spend the rest of her life moving the benchmark for when it's clearly 'obvious' that Armie and Elizabeth will announce their separation. Leave her to it because they're not splitting any time soon and that's what is actually obvious.

by Anonymousreply 236August 2, 2018 5:02 PM

R236 And what about this thread? This thread has already gone to shit.

by Anonymousreply 237August 2, 2018 5:04 PM

R237 People are discussing Timothee, his friendships, his career. I don't see the issue with that. People have moved on from the ridiculous chlamydia thing.

by Anonymousreply 238August 2, 2018 5:05 PM

R238 No, this is where you’re wrong. This is not a Tim thread. Go to tumblr, LSA and whenever you want for that. This thread was dedicated to the movie.

by Anonymousreply 239August 2, 2018 5:07 PM

So, @ElectricLady1, @filmfan81, @coexist and so on. Please, girls, I’m being nice here, go to LSA where you already have a thread dedicated to Tim plus a private one where you can post tarot readings about this whole Abel/Bella/Tim situation. Go there, please!

by Anonymousreply 240August 2, 2018 5:10 PM

R239 That's never going to happen. There are always going to be Armie and Timmy threads here. That's just how it is. You can spam as many as you like, if people survived the GOC troll they'll survive you too. People are too stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 241August 2, 2018 5:10 PM

Are there actually any gay men in this thread or is it just fan girls?

by Anonymousreply 242August 2, 2018 5:11 PM

R242 Only fangirls. The thing is that Tim threads won’t be here because most users are girls that’s why these threads can’t last and that’s why Muriel shuts them. The A’s threads are different because gay men flock to him.

by Anonymousreply 243August 2, 2018 5:12 PM

R243 Back in the day before Timmy even had fangirls he had threads here too and they were fine.

by Anonymousreply 244August 2, 2018 5:13 PM

You girls convert every movie thread this guy is in into a FAN CLUB. You won’t have it your way. I’m still amazed that the Dune thread hasn’t been touched. I guess sci-fiction is something too alien for you.

by Anonymousreply 245August 2, 2018 5:14 PM

R244 You’re wrong again. The only Tim threads with some gay men in there were the first ones 1-6 then the girls came and you know the rest. You can’t have a Tim thread on DL, go to your respective SM platforms if you want to talk about him.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2018 5:15 PM

Yes I'm referring to those first ones. That's proof that there are gay men here that want to discuss him and filled numerous threads with discussion about him.

by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2018 5:17 PM

^245 fuck her. Nobody here wants to do what she says. She is also clearly not a gay man to tell the community what they can and can't say.

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2018 5:18 PM

R247 The gay men weren’t the ones who filled those threads, don’t be obtuse. In fact, I can tell that MAYBE on here at this right moment are none.

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2018 5:19 PM

*tell you^^^

by Anonymousreply 250August 2, 2018 5:19 PM

Yes they were as I was around for those threads. But whatever the point is you can't ban discussion about someone and filling threads by giving Tumblr trolls attention doesn't make anything any better.

by Anonymousreply 251August 2, 2018 5:20 PM

Fucking entitled bitch

by Anonymousreply 252August 2, 2018 5:20 PM

R251 Look, the “discussion” you want to have is pure one liners and bullshit. The same old story. So NOTHING. Yes, they were in the past, but then they moved on. You and your other girlfriends are the only ones who want to keep up with this bs. So, no I’m giving Tumblr girls attention, but reasoning with you won’t come to any fruition.

by Anonymousreply 253August 2, 2018 5:23 PM

* not giving ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 254August 2, 2018 5:24 PM

R253 You're literally taking posts from Tumblr and posting them here, how is that not giving them attention? People are having completely normal discussions about Timothee, his friendships, his career, those are exactly how the threads used to be. Yes occasionally it gets out of hand as with the chlamydia stuff but that was one ridiculous poster that eventually got humiliated and shut down by everyone else. Just give it a rest. The Elizabeth posts in the Armie thread are far more irritating than anything that gets posted in the Timothee threads anyway.

by Anonymousreply 255August 2, 2018 5:25 PM

R255 YOU think that 170 + posts on chlamydia is a bit out of hand? Really? Oh boy. The same bs is happening in the Tim threads, so no, it’s not an exception. In fact Tim threads are the most targeted by Muriel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 2, 2018 5:29 PM

Most of those posts were fighting against the ridiculous poster who was trying to insist that it was true and she somehow knew it. It's Muriel's job to target threads, not yours. If Muriel wants a thread to be shut down, it will be. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 257August 2, 2018 5:31 PM

Yo are not a fucking gay man anti-tumblrna. You have your own tumblr and LSA account where you stalk the hell out of these people and where I'm sure you participate as well. I don't go those places cause their sappy holes and fan girl lands. DL is to gossip and bitch. We all here despise you. Looks like Muriel won't take this down solely to spite you.

by Anonymousreply 258August 2, 2018 5:32 PM

R257 Then, think of it this way: I’ll just make it easier for her. R258. And nope, wrong again, I don’t have accounts there, but I use tumblr occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 259August 2, 2018 5:34 PM

R259 You're not making anything easier for her, you're just spamming threads so they get closed and then more get opened which is the opposite of what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 260August 2, 2018 5:36 PM

R260 Who is telling you they will open another one again? They won’t, I’m telling you.

by Anonymousreply 261August 2, 2018 5:38 PM

I find it offensive to call the movie Beautiful Boy and cast someone as ugly as Timothy Chalawhatever for a leading role.

by Anonymousreply 262August 2, 2018 5:38 PM

Of course they will. Like they always have. This has been going on for literal years now.

Whatever, there's no reasoning with you. Just keep the Tumblr shit away cos if people want to see those posts they'll go on Tumblr. There are people here that stay away from Tumblr so they don't have to see those psycho posts.

by Anonymousreply 263August 2, 2018 5:39 PM

R263 Because you think the “people” you’re talking to in here are not the girls from tumblr. Okayyyyyyy......Keep thinking that!

by Anonymousreply 264August 2, 2018 5:42 PM

I don't see any posts in here as psycho as those ones so as long as that's the case I don't care where they're from.

by Anonymousreply 265August 2, 2018 5:43 PM

Okay, listen people. Nobody pay attention to the anti-tumblr bitch. Keep gossiping and bitching. If you bring up fangirl stuff and repetitive nonsense you will also be called out. You can obviously talk about the movie and what this guy is doing at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 266August 2, 2018 5:46 PM

R265 You wanna make a bet and let’s see how long this thread will keep it sane? Also, excuse me, but what is cesspool in your mind? Because this thread is the perfect definition of a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 267August 2, 2018 5:46 PM

This thread stinks of rancid estrogen.

by Anonymousreply 268August 2, 2018 5:47 PM

R266 Good plan.

by Anonymousreply 269August 2, 2018 5:48 PM

Ok, so let’s see what the fake diplomatic user, in other words R265, wrote about chlamydia and by the way they didn’t engage in the conversation, no, Sir, they wouldn’t lower themselves to this exent, mind you. Dear, user, you must blind not to see that this thread went to shit again.

Posts by ignored poster 1 Beautiful Boy Film There was one other tweet about it and it was from a guy who admitted he made it up and had other tweets of a similar nature hating on him.

It literally makes no sense that a girl would not only go back for more after someone gave her an STD but continue to refuse to wear protection. Nor does it make sense that he would be having unprotected sex with someone he wasn't in a relationship with considering he's been on TV etc. since he was in high school.

Anyone that believes it is incredibly dumb and gullible.

Beautiful Boy Film i cant at people believing this, the girl even said it was just something she'd heard and that's why she had no fucking clue when it had supposedly happened.

people making up rumors about people they know that become famous? how unheard of!

people tweeting things about famous people that aren't actually true? never happened before!

i could literally log onto twitter right now and write a tweet that timothee chalamet has AIDS and some of you people would take it seriously.

i don't know how people cope with the real world honestly, when everything on twitter is now true.

Beautiful Boy Film So you think when he was starring in Christopher Nolan films and trying to get his career to take off he was out there having unprotected sex with girls he can't trust and risking not only STDs but pregnancy? Yeah I'm so sure.

He may seem like the type to sleep around (isn't every attractive guy at that age) but he's also shown he's smart and mostly mature for his age so no he wasn't the type to put himself at risk of STDs and then if he did get one, not get it treated. Come on.

Beautiful Boy Film weird how there's no tweets about him fucking people's friend's friends at columbia. probably because most people don't know he went there and so don't bother to make shit up about it.

Beautiful Boy Film R89 No the supposed infectee has not said anything, the only person that has said something is someone that 'heard' this happened.

And again it still makes no sense that she wouldn't use protection the second time, or that they weren't in the first place considering they weren't in a relationship (as he was fucking around so much).

R90 If someone was that bothered enough that they'd be warning their friends away then they wouldn't be going back for more themselves.

Sorry but the story just doesn't add up.

Beautiful Boy Film R93 If that was the case she would have worn a condom the second time, there's literally no reason not to.

Beautiful Boy Film if he was having unprotected sex with every supposed friend's friends at nyu he would have got multiple girls pregnant

unless people think he's out here paying for their abortions. jeez i know everyone wants to fuck him now but he wasn't even that attractive at this age and definitely not as successful, i seriously doubt he was the lothario he's being made out to be.

Beautiful Boy Film R98 No it is not, you're literally talking out of your ass believing everything you read.

R99 Yeah and they still use them with people they're not dating especially after they've caught an STD from someone, are you serious?

Beautiful Boy Film R100 There are PLENTY that aren't and get pregnant.

Beautiful Boy Film Yeah if that tweet about him hooking up with a guy on ecstasy had gone viral would you all suddenly believe that one too?

I can't believe the idiocy of people here.

Beautiful Boy Film And this tweet was written by a teenage Lana Del Rey stan like omg so much more reliable!

Beautiful Boy Film R110 Yeah you can go to NYU and be a teenager. And yes she is a Lana stan, you only have to look through her.

And the posts go on. So, to sum it up, at the end, what was this? Chlamydia spamming?

by Anonymousreply 270August 2, 2018 6:07 PM

Also, to my fake diplomatic user, R265. You also wrote this in the A thread. So you won’t have an Armie thread where most of the guys post there, but you’ll shitpost plenty on the Tim’s ones and still keep up with them where you only talk with the majority of fangirls? My, my, my.

Armie Hammer's Legs Ugh why is there a new thread. Just give the fuck up already, it's never going back to the old days. It's always going to be filled with nonsense arguments.

Armie Hammer's Legs When was the last time there was actually an interesting piece of gossip about Armie? Why do we actually need these threads?

His life is repetitive and uninteresting.

Armie Hammer's Legs R113 Exactly. CMBYN made him interesting, but he just isn't himself. His life now is film a project, promote a project, talk about his wife and kids, jokingly hit on a famous male celebrity on Instagram, get overly defensive and attack someone on Twitter. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The existential crisis wont ever happen because he's perfectly happy. He's rich, he's attractive, he loves his family, his career is stable, he has friends. Luca fooled everyone into thinking he's some kind of broken man inside because of all the stuff he said about him during promo but like that's just cos Luca wants to fuck him. Yeah I'm sure his family issues messed him up when he was younger but by now he has his own family and is mostly over it, especially because it's not like he has cut them off completely. I would bet money that Armie will stay with Elizabeth until one of them dies, his career will progress in largely the same way it has been (maybe an Oscar nom at some point but nothing more) etc. etc. etc. He's a boring celebrity so the insistence of having these threads is odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 271August 2, 2018 6:14 PM

the fact that the anti tumblirina crusader is still going despite the fact that no one wants them here even those that may agree with their basic points just goes to show how fucking annoying one person can be

by Anonymousreply 272August 2, 2018 6:15 PM

Like I said, she is here at all times. Anti-tumblrina united us all. We hate her more than anybody we've ever hated here. But let's move on. Chalamet has like 25 more days of filming and then he'll be spotted again. In the mean time. If anyone has juicy information feel free to share it here.

by Anonymousreply 273August 2, 2018 6:23 PM

Well, you’re 4 or 5 users in here. So, yeah I’ve united the bitch fest, literally. What a honour! The funny thing is that you really think you can fool people, one example is the user I mentioned above, a user, who thinks that T‘s threads should go on and on, but the A’s ones no. Because, hello, Tim is not boring, he’s our angelic boy. What a bunch of cunts. But, carry on.

by Anonymousreply 274August 2, 2018 6:27 PM

and there's no difference between that and you 'allowing' Armie to have threads but trying to to shut down any discussion of Timothée outside of his films. so yes we will carry on, thankyou.

R273 will be weird to have him back in the public eye again after so long

by Anonymousreply 275August 2, 2018 6:31 PM

R275 Hold on, what discussion? You’re not even letting this thread rest in peace. You’re talking about literally nothing. Don’t bullshit me.

by Anonymousreply 276August 2, 2018 6:33 PM

Why have so many One Direction fan girls latched onto CMBYN and DL like this? Can Muriel delete this thread and block the majority of posters because this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 277August 2, 2018 6:42 PM

Unless you spam the shit out of this thread that won’t happen any time soon, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 278August 2, 2018 6:43 PM

Most LSA TC fans have moved on. there are rarely any new post in his thread. The person who keeps bringing up that site most be trying to drive traffic there.

by Anonymousreply 279August 4, 2018 1:17 PM

R279 There are plenty of posts in the T thread on LSA ( don’t tell that 120 pages+ isn’t a good number) plus the private thread they have. So no, the girls are still stuck to him, but want more space than they should have. Therefore they come to DL. You don’t go on vacation, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 280August 4, 2018 1:23 PM

-280 guess am not the only one who doesn't go vacation lol. Least I don't post here 24/7! Slow down and read my post where I said recent post. How would you know about a private group unless you are one of them or are you just as obsessed with LSA as you with policing DL?

by Anonymousreply 281August 4, 2018 1:39 PM

R281 LOL! I’m not, the private group was plenty publicised in the general thread and don’t tell me that only LSA girls read LSA. Usually they have some good tea in there and I mean it as a general site. Also, I’m not trying to police DL, just the thread/s I care about. You don’t see me in other threads.

by Anonymousreply 282August 4, 2018 1:44 PM

Scott Wolf and a few others in White Squall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 4, 2018 1:52 PM

I hope the titular song is in the film.. People who saw screenings didn't mention it but I feel like it could have been added afterwards ...

by Anonymousreply 284August 5, 2018 12:15 AM

Lmao I just scrolled up and that Abel "source" is a new account with 7 followers

by Anonymousreply 285August 6, 2018 11:44 AM

R285 Thank you for letting us know! That’s highly appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 286August 6, 2018 12:21 PM

R285 they have over 100 tweets, there was another account that tweeted about it and this is something I heard in real life before I saw either of these tweets. Don't believe it if you don't want to but it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 287August 6, 2018 4:15 PM

Idc either way I thought it was funny that the account was sketchy

by Anonymousreply 288August 6, 2018 9:16 PM

Accusing people of talking about literally nothing R276? What part of “pointless bitchery” don’t you get?

by Anonymousreply 289August 6, 2018 9:38 PM

Cba scrolling to find this info so: what's the estimated budget on this potential flop?

by Anonymousreply 290August 8, 2018 7:14 PM

$25mil

by Anonymousreply 291August 8, 2018 7:20 PM

Source?

by Anonymousreply 292August 8, 2018 7:54 PM

The director: 'I even refused at first. I immediately thought it was a beautiful story, but had my doubts about other things. I was with Belgica. Plus, everything is super-responsible there. The chance that a movie such as Beautiful Boy is still being made is small. A drama with a price tag of 25 million dollars? That is madness.'

by Anonymousreply 293August 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Damn that's excessive... What did they even spend it on?

by Anonymousreply 294August 8, 2018 9:07 PM

All the Vaseline and gauze for the camera lenses to make Freak Boy look somewhat human.

by Anonymousreply 295August 8, 2018 9:20 PM

Yeah that seems excessively high .How on earth could CMBYN get done for 3.5 million but this film needed 25? Very curious.

by Anonymousreply 296August 8, 2018 9:24 PM

Well they wanted a bigger budget for CMBYN which is why it got delayed for so long but the investors and studio wouldn't budge.

But yeah 25 is still a lot for a film like this, as he says himself in that quote.

by Anonymousreply 297August 8, 2018 9:31 PM

R297 Yeah but even the original wanted budget for CMBYN was I believe 12-14 mill. Is LA just getting just that much more expensive to shoot in? I know everywhere else in the world gives you massive tax credits/incentives but this still seems like an unneeded amount.

by Anonymousreply 298August 8, 2018 9:39 PM

They shot in San Francisco I think

by Anonymousreply 299August 8, 2018 10:17 PM

A large part of the budget is Stars salaries. So you can see in some of these indie films like CMBYN actors take a big pay cut. Directors and producers will cut back end deals for % of ticket and streaming sell or Capitol for future films to sign on for little money. BB has a few big name actors but this is the directors 1st English film so he was pretty cheap. 25mill is a good budget.

by Anonymousreply 300August 9, 2018 12:45 PM

Steve is the only big name , while the actresses playing his moms are realatively well known but not so much that they would demand massive salaries (and obvs not Timmy because he was mostly an unknown when he signed on) . The budget is way too high especially when some of the people at the screenings said it didn't have a good 'look'

by Anonymousreply 301August 9, 2018 9:22 PM

How is it a good budget???

by Anonymousreply 302August 9, 2018 9:22 PM

EW did a spread on the film (weirdly with a big pic of Timmy from interview mag)

by Anonymousreply 303August 10, 2018 11:22 AM

And it was all about Chalamet and how good he is in the film, barely a mention of Carell if there was any hesitation who would be the big push here.

by Anonymousreply 304August 10, 2018 11:59 AM

More industry screenings of BB in 3weeks, so word will get out about how good or not the film is. Guessing that's when Timothee will start popping up to promote it.

by Anonymousreply 305August 10, 2018 12:22 PM

Well, TIFF is in September and he only has this movie to promote so it’s pretty obvious. Carell won’t be pushed for any awards with this movie, so I guess he’ll be snubbed again.

by Anonymousreply 306August 10, 2018 12:26 PM

Has there already been industry screenings??

by Anonymousreply 307August 10, 2018 12:37 PM

There's been test screenings of unfinished product but AFI and Amazon are hosting private screenings.

by Anonymousreply 308August 10, 2018 12:43 PM

Are afi screening common? (I'm pretty uninformed sorry)

by Anonymousreply 309August 10, 2018 12:57 PM

Timothée Chalamet blocked me on instagram yesterday after I left a comment on the beautiful boy official instagram account replying to a comment which said they could see his weight loss in the newly released film still. My comment was that he looked the same as always and that the marketing for the film wasn't very appealing.

by Anonymousreply 310August 11, 2018 9:01 PM

That's devastating!

by Anonymousreply 311August 11, 2018 9:13 PM

He has never been accused of blocking anyone, even those that have harassed him and wrote far worse things than that. But cool lie, bro.

by Anonymousreply 312August 11, 2018 9:23 PM

@r312 True ive never heard of him blocking anyone , but sadly his sister has had to block some of his 'fans' , I think this film has him at different levels of weight (to show the effect of the drugs) so he isn't super thin in all stills , he gained weight back on during filming

by Anonymousreply 313August 11, 2018 10:45 PM

It's true! Last night I thought he had deleted his instagram but then I realized he had blocked me. I looked on my other account and he was still there. I wrote that he was exagerating how much weight he lost because he wanted to win an oscar.

by Anonymousreply 314August 11, 2018 11:28 PM

R314 The comment isn't on the IG page, not yours, nor the original, which they'd have no reason to delete. Just stop. He deleted the Twitter app during the WA debacle rather than blocking a soul.

by Anonymousreply 315August 11, 2018 11:30 PM

Great! The kid is blocking the obsessive stans and not engaging them. What a stupid way to dox yourself on DL. I mean it's a fucking cat account what a surprise! Go mop somewhere else nobody here cares about you.

by Anonymousreply 316August 11, 2018 11:33 PM

I didn't write a message to him. He had no reason to block me. It wasn't on his account. I could never find the message again so I assume it was deleted. He only posts once every two months so why would I care. It's weird to block someone for a post on someone elses account.

by Anonymousreply 317August 12, 2018 12:17 AM

It was probably an accident.

It's weirder to go to a movie's page and write negative things though.

by Anonymousreply 318August 12, 2018 12:20 AM

I didn't go there on purpose. It might have been a repost on another account. I just saw the comment and thought it was dumb when they were praising him for losing weight when he looked like he always does in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 319August 12, 2018 12:24 AM

Well as has been said, he gained the weight back as filming the movie went on. Presumably they filmed the parts where he was the most strung out first. Armie Hammer's wife posted this on Instagram back when he was filming the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320August 12, 2018 12:26 AM

A guy who helped with the music on this says it's really good and expects timothee to get nominated for some supporting actor awards

by Anonymousreply 321August 12, 2018 12:28 AM

R321 This has been said ad nauseam rofl. Just wait for some official reviews.

by Anonymousreply 322August 12, 2018 3:47 AM

... I know? I was just saying a person who I trust to be honest said it was good that's all...

by Anonymousreply 323August 12, 2018 8:53 AM

This thread is for discussion of the 2018 film Beautiful Boy including any promotion and interview.

by Anonymousreply 324August 12, 2018 9:15 AM

He's back bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325August 13, 2018 9:00 PM

This is playing at the San Sebastián film festival in competition, is that good thing?

by Anonymousreply 326August 17, 2018 3:39 PM

R326 It doesn’t really matter that much. Playing at TIFF is a good sign overall, even if it was snubbed at Venice. Now, I’m more curious if it plays at NYFF as well.

by Anonymousreply 327August 17, 2018 4:32 PM

Can I ask what makes you think it will play at NYFF, isn't it extremely selective?

by Anonymousreply 328August 17, 2018 4:48 PM

R328 Well, I don’t know if it will play at NYFF. That’s what my post was about...I’m curious to see if it will be selected as well. Another festival where this movie can definitely go is Telluride.

by Anonymousreply 329August 17, 2018 4:53 PM

TIFF seems to take everything Wonder why Venice would pass with last year's biggest breakout star?

by Anonymousreply 330August 17, 2018 5:03 PM

It's a world premier at tiff I think that means no telluride

by Anonymousreply 331August 17, 2018 5:08 PM

R330 Because Venice wants something different this year not the same old plot. There are many other movies much more interesting trama wise.

by Anonymousreply 332August 17, 2018 6:25 PM

I don't think the plot is what got it rejected from Venice? Usually it's the overall quality or the style of the film...

by Anonymousreply 333August 17, 2018 6:44 PM

R333 What you just wrote and what I said are not mutually exclusive. There are many factors to take into consideration. Anyway, we’ll just wait for some reviews from TIFF.

by Anonymousreply 334August 17, 2018 7:09 PM

I'm not in anyway saying it will be bad btw but most of what you are saying doesn't add up... you said it could play telluride which has been known as an near impossibility for a while now and being rejected from Venice is a negative let's not pretend it's not by making excuses, but that doesn't mean the film can't come out of tiff a success (which as a fan of timothee I would obvsiously want)

by Anonymousreply 335August 17, 2018 7:24 PM

R335 Because I honestly think that it could play Telluride as well, like Boy Erased. There’s no official list yet. Just wait. The Venice snub is not so serious in my opinion, that’s what I wanted to underline. Is it so bad? I sincerely don’t think so. In fact, personally I was rooting to see the TIFF/Telluride combo and the same I could say about Suspiria because Venice is really not the right place for Luca’s movie. The outcome of BB movie is unknown untill further reviews so I see no point debating it at this right moment basing ourselves only on the festivals where it goes and again the various test screenings with mixed reactions and yes I know that the latest ones were saying that it was getting better somehow but again I can’t deny or confirm that like everybody else seems to do. Again, be patient for a while and then we can debate it more.

by Anonymousreply 336August 17, 2018 7:43 PM

Boy erased is a tiff international premier that's why we know it's doing telluride

by Anonymousreply 337August 17, 2018 8:11 PM

(But I agree telluride/tiff would be great but its just not happening for beautiful boy.)

by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2018 8:14 PM

I find it horrifying that we'll have to deal with untalented Timothee Chalamet and Tom Hardy for the next 50 years, as they're being groomed to be the new hollywood stars. Two closet-cases being hailed for their bravery. It's like we'll never move past this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2018 8:23 PM

R339 Those two are totally different talents you can’t compare them. Armie should aspire at doing something like Tom Hardy, whereas Tim should go the Christian Bale/DDL route as it looks like for now.

by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2018 8:45 PM

That's clearly a troll ...

by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2018 8:54 PM

I compared them as closet-cases not in talent. Hardy is clearly the better one, though I would consider both to be mediocre actors who slept with the right male executives to get their parts, but that's my subjective opinion, you're free to find them to be the new Meryl Streep if you want to.

Sure R341, everyone who doesn't bow to these mediocre actors is a troll. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 342August 17, 2018 9:32 PM

Tom hardy has a micro dick I doubt execs would even want to fuck him

by Anonymousreply 343August 17, 2018 9:37 PM

Hardy has this masc vibe going on. He's actually more fey in real life but can do the macho route. As someone that works in this industry I can attest to the fact most execs and agents are very queeny and are dying for some masculine cock or mancunt. Demeanor is gold and more important than dick size. That's why the closet actors who can fake masculinity get the better roles, case in point kept boys like Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 344August 17, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote]I find it horrifying that we'll have to deal with untalented Timothee Chalamet . . . for the next 50 years

You overstate that prediction by a factor of about 100, R339.

by Anonymousreply 345August 18, 2018 4:30 AM

I've always thought it the ultimate irony that the very, very unattractive Chalamet was cast in a movie with this title.

by Anonymousreply 346August 18, 2018 4:35 AM

Sure, btw will poulter awas almost cast ... It's taken from a song title it's not that deep

by Anonymousreply 347August 18, 2018 4:40 AM

[quote] It's taken from a song title

The movie takes its title from David Sheff's book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348August 18, 2018 5:05 AM

Which is named after the song title...

by Anonymousreply 349August 18, 2018 8:46 AM

Which David sang to Nic when he was little.

by Anonymousreply 350August 18, 2018 9:25 AM

So is this thread gonna keep up like this? It just got back on track. Pease, wrap that conversation.

by Anonymousreply 351August 18, 2018 9:33 AM

[quote]Anti Tumblrina Crusader = Big Fat Stupid Head (because really, who gives a shit about a so-called Anti Tumblrina Crusader?)

by Anonymousreply 352August 18, 2018 9:48 AM

Timmy looks like a boy with arrested development and I'm not alone thinking he looks retarded, just ask around.

by Anonymousreply 353August 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Which, before the “No, that’s NOT what ‘begs the question’ means” troll started begging the question, would have begged the question “WTF is an ‘anti-Tumblrina crusader?’, anyway?”

by Anonymousreply 354August 18, 2018 9:54 AM

This movie should have left him scared of drugs for life. If after having met the Sheff family he becomes a druggie, laughs will be heard from a long distance.

by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2018 10:09 AM

He gets a great review @ R325. Sounds promising.

by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]last year's biggest breakout star?

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2018 12:14 PM

Why Steve Carell? Everything else about it seems okay. He just seems...Michael Scott.

by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2018 12:21 PM

I’m rooting more for Maura Tierney, she’s great in The Affair. The father role as usual is a baity one, but even though Steve has reached his peak and should get that Oscar..somehow ( he was really good in Foxcatcher), he’ll be snubbed again this year.

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2018 12:28 PM

I like Amy Ryan in anything.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2018 12:28 PM

^ Ditto

by Anonymousreply 361August 18, 2018 1:15 PM

So glad people are able to talk whatever they what in this thread no one policing it saying don't talk about this or that. God Bless DL.

Am interested in what persona Timmy will have when promoting BB. He can't use that naive am shocked to be here routine he did during CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 362August 18, 2018 7:49 PM

any tea on recent screenings?

by Anonymousreply 363August 21, 2018 1:37 AM

R363 The old same story all over again: the movie is still a mess ( after 7 edits or so), but it can be saved by the acting. Many agree that Chalamet could be a lone nomination for that movie ( definitely not winning anything) and maybe Adapted Screenplay? Dunno. But, to cut it short: no, there’s hasn’t been any new “tea”.

by Anonymousreply 364August 21, 2018 6:38 AM

When was last screening? (And SEVEN edits? Wow seems excessive and also like something the ones behind the film wouldn't admit so where is that info from??)

by Anonymousreply 365August 21, 2018 8:45 AM

R365 It has always been a troubled production ( part because it’s the director’s first movie in English) and had many post-production editings. I mean, test screenings for this movie have begun since January and every single one of them has turned out to be different. It happens. The last screening, if I’m not wrong, was at the end of June or the beginning of July. This time they wanted a specific demographic for it so the age range was 16/20ish (of course for marketing purposes) because as I said in other posts this guy’s fanbase right now is that and more than half of it is girls in their teens/early 20s. So, again, not much diversity there. Anyway, personally I’m expecting mixed reviews. And, even in the worst case scenario where the movie flops hard, he’s still “saved” by his next project LW. With such a cast that one can’t go down hill so quickly even if the story has been done ad nauseam. People still like that. IF King and Dune go down the drill as well, then and only then he needs to change tactic. But, with King I can’t see it, just look at the cast, most of it is made of young actors with a good amount of following. Dune is a hit or a miss with V. Of course, the director’s name will give him points for his CV but it’s still a risk he took.

by Anonymousreply 366August 21, 2018 9:53 AM

He starts filming LW late September? The few clips I have seen are standard drug addiction stuff. In other news the Ryan G film First Man will be screened 10 times at TIFF

by Anonymousreply 367August 21, 2018 6:33 PM

R367 Yes, also he has a small role in that so it’ll wrap up very quickly for him. Ryan Gosling has been playing the same character for all these years hahaha But, I think Bohemian Rhapsody will get the upperhand...at least I hope so. Can’t bear to see Ryan’s anymore.

by Anonymousreply 368August 21, 2018 7:33 PM

A video of Nic and his dad at the Colorado Health Symposium. They talked a little bit about the movie and showed the trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 21, 2018 7:37 PM

This is apparently releasing on Amazon prime the day of theatrical release.. Sounds like a flop, poor Timmy!

by Anonymousreply 370August 30, 2018 8:33 AM

if this don't win the boy an Oscar, ima monkeys uncle Sanford.

by Anonymousreply 371August 30, 2018 8:35 AM

R371 He’s not gonna win an Oscar, c’mon. There are better roles out there where he can show his range, and not the typical overdone junkie one. R370 I think Amazon will make him campaign regardless for this movie....now what he’ll bring back home is still unknown.

by Anonymousreply 372August 30, 2018 8:53 AM

Oh dear. Very very unattractive? Looks as if he has arrested development? A bad actor? You don’t have to be a teenage Chalamaniac or a dirty old man to know that none of that is remotely true.

by Anonymousreply 373August 31, 2018 12:04 AM

Vegas odds are laying him as ten to one to be nominated.

His legion of horny fans will push this movie to the top of the charts, and seal its fate as one of the alltime great films of human sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 374August 31, 2018 10:26 AM

R374 At least the voters are not that stupid...I hope.

by Anonymousreply 375August 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Yeah...like they pushed Hot Summer Nights....

by Anonymousreply 376August 31, 2018 12:21 PM

Best Comedy of the year ! loved it. smart sexy very Dazed n Coonfused….

by Anonymousreply 377August 31, 2018 12:35 PM

Lets wait for the film to come out before talking about awards. There are a lot of promising films this Fall.

by Anonymousreply 378September 1, 2018 1:42 AM

There´s a link for the red carpet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 1, 2018 11:18 AM

I got tickets for the Saturday screening, anybody here know if Timothee will be there?

by Anonymousreply 380September 3, 2018 6:29 PM

He'll be at the Gala Presentation, whatever day that is.

by Anonymousreply 381September 3, 2018 7:09 PM

That's Friday, but I heard he would do Q&A on Saturday. Anybody know if it's true? I paid good money for those fucking tickets.

by Anonymousreply 382September 3, 2018 7:16 PM

R382 Yes, there’s a timetable somewhere, can’t remember right now, and he should be there on Saturday as well.

by Anonymousreply 383September 3, 2018 7:45 PM

its soooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood

Oscar!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 384September 4, 2018 3:17 AM

Thank you! I know a lot of people are paying 10x the regular price of those tickets and they will riot if he doesn't show his face.

by Anonymousreply 385September 4, 2018 6:48 AM

R385 What other movies are you planning to see apart from BB?

by Anonymousreply 386September 4, 2018 12:15 PM

I'm watching ROMA, The Hate U Give and Boy Erased. Tried to get tickets for Hotel Mumbai, and A Star Is Born, but I am already broke paying for those BB tickets so I will try the rush line for those.

by Anonymousreply 387September 6, 2018 3:35 PM

R387 Thanks for replying. In fact, I was interested in HM as well haha. Roma is good. It got good raves at the Venice Festival. I can say the same about ASIB, but I’m not such a big Gaga fan.

by Anonymousreply 388September 6, 2018 3:44 PM

Timothee on Steve Carrell playing his father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389September 7, 2018 3:37 PM

Gaah, that hair? Hope he gets the curls back soon.

by Anonymousreply 390September 7, 2018 3:40 PM

I really hope he goes bald so no “ awwwww curlssss!”

by Anonymousreply 391September 7, 2018 3:51 PM

The hair cut is tragic but what the fuck is he wearing? That t shirt looks gross

by Anonymousreply 392September 7, 2018 4:42 PM

I bet that's a $600 tee.

by Anonymousreply 393September 7, 2018 4:43 PM

He looks like a 90s lesbian with that cut. Still cute though.

by Anonymousreply 394September 7, 2018 4:48 PM

It’s European style...it’s normal here. All rich kids dress like him. I still can’t wrap my mind how all those girls think he’s kind of a trend setter lmao. I’m curious about Carell.

by Anonymousreply 395September 7, 2018 4:49 PM

Be looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396September 7, 2018 4:52 PM

So when are the official reviews coming? Time?

by Anonymousreply 397September 7, 2018 4:55 PM

That T shirt neck is huge on him. Looks sloppy. Where is perfectly tailored Armie

by Anonymousreply 398September 7, 2018 5:04 PM

R398 Armie is probably sleeping because of last night. He should have some interviews in the next few hours. I want Armieeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 399September 7, 2018 5:09 PM

He's still very skinny. I thought he had to bulk up for The King. The goofy Prince Valiant hairdo is probably left over from "The King".

by Anonymousreply 400September 7, 2018 5:14 PM

he looks great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 7, 2018 5:46 PM

He's still in aw shucks mode.

by Anonymousreply 402September 7, 2018 5:52 PM

He should really change that behavior and tone it down otherwise....MARY!

by Anonymousreply 403September 7, 2018 5:54 PM

He seems even more demure than during CMBYN promo. Remember when people were predicting he was going to be a whole new person with a brand new persona during B.B. promo now that he’s a big star? Good times.

by Anonymousreply 404September 7, 2018 5:58 PM

Eh I don't think it's a persona. It's how he is. He seems also quite nervous even though he's obviously gained some confidence.

by Anonymousreply 405September 7, 2018 6:03 PM

he came to Armie recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 7, 2018 6:04 PM

R406 Again, because they’re friends. Why are people so perplexed?

Anyway I’m curious how the critics will receive this movie.

by Anonymousreply 407September 7, 2018 6:13 PM

R404 He should really change. And I’m not being mean. The boy next door attitude can’t go on for long. It’s not...manageable. Just look at JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 408September 7, 2018 6:15 PM

These V Neck Sweaters don't fit him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409September 7, 2018 6:19 PM

It could be this is just who he is.  There's a joint interview with he and John Patrick Shanley - it's a brief one - but Timothee's demeanor is different; it's more restrained. I think he was doing press the way he assumed it should be conducted: staid and reined in. Now I think he's being himself. As long as he speaks about the film what difference does it make on how he speaks of it? Give him a few years for him to be jaded like Armie.

by Anonymousreply 410September 7, 2018 6:26 PM

There's NOTHING wrong with how he speaks and acts and dresses. He shouldn't change a thing to please anyone. Let him be himself as long as he's comfortable in his skin. Don't like it, stan someone else.

by Anonymousreply 411September 7, 2018 6:35 PM

I think there were people who were worried he'd changed and let fame go to his head, especially during his phase with The Weeknd. But it's nice to see that he still seems to be pretty much the same.

by Anonymousreply 412September 7, 2018 6:37 PM

"I will never wear clothes that fit!", vows Timothee Chalamet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 7, 2018 7:58 PM

Because he’s a skinny guy. I think his clothes for today were okay. Nothing too much. He has the typical fashionista stule of many Italian rich guys from Milan.

by Anonymousreply 414September 7, 2018 8:08 PM

Wow his look on the red carpet, s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g! He really is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 415September 7, 2018 10:32 PM

The suit is too extravagant

Tiffany 😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 7, 2018 10:58 PM

Look at him caring about fashion and trying to be a head-turning star. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 417September 7, 2018 10:59 PM

It's nice to see his face mature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418September 7, 2018 11:07 PM

trying to look taller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 7, 2018 11:14 PM

Looks like he got some rest. Those interviewers were the worst.

by Anonymousreply 420September 7, 2018 11:24 PM

Is he trying to grow a beard and a moustache for the next role?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 7, 2018 11:57 PM

Word is coming out from tonight’s TIFF screening- it’s pretty strong but especially for Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 422September 8, 2018 1:43 AM

Very Ezra Miller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423September 8, 2018 1:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 8, 2018 2:05 AM

Very good looking indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 8, 2018 2:10 AM

[italic]liturraly[/italic]

Glad he's still adorkable. Who was the text to?

Also, it seems like he could easily be the frontrunner for Best Supporting Actor this year. May even win if reports of him surpassing his CMBYN performance are true.

by Anonymousreply 426September 8, 2018 2:17 AM

Really like his suits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427September 8, 2018 2:19 AM

Just hope he will b nominated again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 8, 2018 2:21 AM

I've only skimmed Hollywood Reporter's review because I avoid reviews until I've seen a film. The critic doesn't seem too impressed.

[quote]As enacted here by unquestionably fine actors, this story does not emerge as compelling or convincing, and the film is aggravatingly narrow-minded in its interests

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 8, 2018 4:40 AM

My sister in law saw it tonight at TIFF. Good acting but the storyline is a fucking mess with some half ass flashbacks that make no sense. On the other hand Hotel Mumbai was said to be harrowing and terrific

by Anonymousreply 430September 8, 2018 5:00 AM

This doesn't sound good

by Anonymousreply 431September 8, 2018 5:42 AM

As many who saw the screen tests said for months now, Tim's acting is good but the movie itself is a mess and aside from emotional heartfelt initial tweets the reviews are not so good. The director fucked up on so many levels, was not given his usual freedom to operate. Not sure why Hollywood calls scandinavian artists with a very peculiar taste and vision just to tame them into average american products....

by Anonymousreply 432September 8, 2018 5:51 AM

Well there is always hope for the CMBYN sequel in 5years

by Anonymousreply 433September 8, 2018 6:02 AM

Well it's not like every movie that doesn't win Oscars is utter shit....it's a good movie to have in your portfolio but might not be the best material he can get.

by Anonymousreply 434September 8, 2018 6:05 AM

Eric Kohn of Indiewire liked it.

[quote]In these scenes and others that find him lashing out at his astonished father, Chalamet once again illustrates an uncanny ability to merge with whatever the material demands of him. A far cry from the sexually adventurous teen of “Call Me By Your Name” or the obnoxious boyfriend of “Lady Bird,” he buries his hunky features under a messy mop of hair and a malleable expression. His face is a Roschach test of emotions, melting from grimace to eerie smirk as the character contends with the invisible processes of a shattered brain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435September 8, 2018 6:10 AM

Looking at other reviews, I think I can definitely say that all those past test screenings were right regardless of those numerous editings: the acting OK, the movie on the whole a mess. Personally, I think that he could score a nomination because the Supporting category this year it’s really weak, but definitely no win for this want to be addiction movie.

by Anonymousreply 436September 8, 2018 7:03 AM

I think he will get 100% a nom and can still win...fells like they are overlooking the movie and focusing on his acting, but we'll see later on.

by Anonymousreply 437September 8, 2018 7:16 AM

R437 Yeahh...still not sure about the win, though. There are other veterans this year that could snatch the win, especially with better movies. But, yes, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 438September 8, 2018 7:27 AM

Also, the film doesn't need to be universally loved for Chalamet to win. Even if it's just a serviceable narrative with stellar performances, that's enough. He also has the heat of last year's nomination in his favor. He likely would have won had Gary Oldman not been nominated, so I can see the Academy wanting to give it to him this year. Think Colin Firth losing for A Single Man then winning the next year for King's Speech.

by Anonymousreply 439September 8, 2018 7:28 AM

R439 Erm, honey, hold your horses and let’s not turn this thread into a Tim fanclub. I’m a fan as well, but now let’s not go overboard. You can’t compare a novice with an older one. There’s no ground. Tim is no Denzel yet and I can’t see the Academy going for him this year just because last year he gave a great performance. Yes, he’s good in BB but you’ll see that with time the reviews will change. They are already mixed.

by Anonymousreply 440September 8, 2018 7:37 AM

I'm not comparing Tim's acting prowess with Colin's. I'm just speculating on what the Academy could do depending on what they've done in the past. I'm analyzing the game more than anything.

Also, are the reviews mixed for Tim? Or are the reviews mixed for the film? Mixed reviews for the film wouldn't threaten Tim's chances if his performance is strong enough.

by Anonymousreply 441September 8, 2018 7:42 AM

There are no mixed reviews for Tim's performance, I feel like having him win is reasonable at this point to avoid another "old actor wis over the new generation actor" predictable fiasco from last year. Oldman's performance had mixed reviews and the movie was boring to death, there was no real momentum and Oscars got the worst ratings ever...Maybe this years having unusual winners will shake things up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 442September 8, 2018 8:07 AM

R441 There are mixed reviews for the movie. Tim so far has been going...well, I could say. But the win, I can’t see it.

R442 That won’t happen. Voters are not thinking: “ oh I need to spicy things a little bit this year, so there you have your young winner”. Please.

by Anonymousreply 443September 8, 2018 8:10 AM

You can call yourself a crusader, but Chalamet looks like the frontrunner so far. Your inability to see it doesn't change that fact. Who else do you see winning?

by Anonymousreply 444September 8, 2018 8:17 AM

[quote]let’s not turn this thread into a Tim fanclub.

Uh oh. She who censors all content on DL has spoken. Don't make her post more photos from her extensive child porn collection to shut down yet another TC tread..

by Anonymousreply 445September 8, 2018 8:20 AM

R443 Voters are influenced by everything those cheap whores lol. Anyway the last sentence was not in relation to voters just a general observation about Oscars being shaken by unusual winners and fresh names in case it wasn't clear.

by Anonymousreply 446September 8, 2018 8:25 AM

R446 Ah, okay, Then, I misunderstood your post. Sorry. R444 I don’t see how my “name” has a correlation with the outcome of this race...Who do I see winning? Well, a veteran like Grant or Elliott. Even if I’m not such a Gaga fan I can see ( wow I guess I’m not so blind) that ASIB will the movie of ths year...Cooper will happen for BA, don’t know if Gaga can pay for hers, but I guess Supporting can be a deal with Sam.

R445 This is not a Tim thread, but a BB movie. Also, I must say, that it’s been going well. I don’t need to put any porn in it. Chill!

by Anonymousreply 447September 8, 2018 8:43 AM

There we go. Yeah, Sam Elliot will likely get a nomination, and I've seen Grant appear on a lot of prognosticators' lists. We'll see if they end up generating the heat or having roles as baity as Chalamet's.

by Anonymousreply 448September 8, 2018 8:45 AM

R448 Well, their careers are long overdue. I don’t think you’ll see these guys in other movies in the near future. Chalamet is at the beginning of his career so of course you’ll see him booking other “baity” roles. In the male category, they usually reward them for their longevity in the acting field not necessarily for the role per se. Of course there are some exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 449September 8, 2018 8:51 AM

Elliot’s role is kinda nothing in ASIB. Good but he’ll be riding that movie’s wave if he gets nominated.

Grant so far is the other name in contention, and while he’s already campaigning Grant is no Oldman.

by Anonymousreply 450September 8, 2018 11:44 AM

But they can surely coattail. Also, the race is still open for new additions. Personally I see Grant more like winning on his first nomination. Also, can Tim pull off a Denzel? Winning only as a lone nomination? Because I don’t think this movie will score in other categories...BP slim chances, BA...well there’s Steve, but it’s kind of crowded there, Adapted Screenplay..maybe and that’s all I think.

by Anonymousreply 451September 8, 2018 12:12 PM

With mixed reviews how long will BB live at the movie theatre. If the box office is dreadful this film's buzz for anything could evaporate in a flash

by Anonymousreply 452September 8, 2018 12:18 PM

Wasn't this supposed to be on Amazon prime also the day it premiered in theaters? I thought I read that somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 453September 8, 2018 12:31 PM

R452 Well, it’s not gonna be a hit..that’s certain. It really depends on the general hype and how his team wants to proceed. Btw, you said that your sister in law saw it, what did she think about Amy or Maura Tierney?

by Anonymousreply 454September 8, 2018 12:32 PM

R453 It was a system error. It’ll come out after a month...usually.

by Anonymousreply 455September 8, 2018 12:32 PM

R452 she called Amy and Maura serviceable to the story, nothing great but again their roles suffer within the structure of the film. Tim and Steve are good but there is no breaking ground here The addiction storyline takes the familiar road. Recovery, relapse, recovery, relapse. Some one on twitter reviewed Amy and Steve 'a approach to hands off parenting in the film as a total fuck up

by Anonymousreply 456September 8, 2018 1:05 PM

R456 I guess you didn’t see what the Hollywood Reporter called Tim’s acting...that was poor taste. I was rooting for Maura, that’s why I asked, but yeah, overall, I’m reading more or less the same things. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 457September 8, 2018 1:19 PM

Luca is reportedly on his way back to Venice. Best Director for Suspiria?

by Anonymousreply 458September 8, 2018 1:29 PM

Kyle Buchanan carries on his love of Timothee.

[quote] BEAUTIFUL BOY confirms that Timothée Chalamet has that rare one-to-one relationship with the camera. Anything that plays on his face, you feel in your gut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 8, 2018 1:52 PM

Well I guess the reactions to the first test screenings seem to be true. The film editing is disastrous. Several reviews say the flashbacks are clunky and the film suffers from poor directing

by Anonymousreply 460September 8, 2018 2:02 PM

Tim's fans won't save this film at the BO. But he has the strongest critical consensus so far.

by Anonymousreply 461September 8, 2018 2:20 PM

R461 It wasn’t meant to be a BO hit in the first place. It just needed a good adaptation on screen. This movie has been edited more than 7 times or so, with all the good nature in this world, the acting couldn’t have saved it. Tim needs to go Supporting if he wants to score that nomination and Anne Thompson should shut up once in while.

R458 Luca is in the race for Golden Lion as a director.

by Anonymousreply 462September 8, 2018 2:54 PM

His fans were never going to save the film. His fans are the type to wait for the film to leak and then make gifs of them, not actually see his film in theaters.

Box office doesn't correlate to Oscar noms or wins. The Hurt Locker only made $14k at the box office and had nine nominations and six wins.

I think Amazon wants to be seen as an awards contender so they will campaign and it's the campaigning that makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 463September 8, 2018 2:54 PM

He just said there's no way a CMBYN sequel isn't happening, just in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 464September 8, 2018 3:30 PM

Does he really need to be nominated for this? He has LW, Dune and The King coming up. He is working on some decent projects. Missing an Oscar race doesn't break his career. This really doesn't sound like a film that is going to be in contention for anything

by Anonymousreply 465September 8, 2018 3:45 PM

Where do I say it was meant to be a hit? but with a 25M budget spent they might want get some $$ out of it.

Where do I imply BO and Oscar correlate at any level?

No need to jump to quick conclusions guys...

by Anonymousreply 466September 8, 2018 3:53 PM

Congratulations Luca. Sorry Timmy. But your suit was interesting

by Anonymousreply 467September 8, 2018 3:56 PM

R467 It’s Lucas not Luca lol.

R465 Agree. At least he should win for something better than a forgettable druggie movie,

by Anonymousreply 468September 8, 2018 4:09 PM

R467 Wait, are you referring to Luca Guadagnino or Lucas Hedges? I got a little confused there....Lucas Hedges has a drug movie as well called Ben is Back with Roberts. It premieres today at TIFF. And, from the few clips out there he’s really good...I like him.

by Anonymousreply 469September 8, 2018 4:12 PM

Luca who is winning best director at Venice FF

by Anonymousreply 470September 8, 2018 4:32 PM

Really Luca is scoring????I'm gonna piss myself

by Anonymousreply 471September 8, 2018 4:35 PM

Luca is in the race, but I don’t know...I want him to win so he can give the finger to those Italian fuckers...but we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 472September 8, 2018 4:48 PM

Isn't it like in Cannes where they only ask the winners to come back on the closing day? So if they asked him back it's probably because he won.

by Anonymousreply 473September 8, 2018 4:52 PM

R473 No, it’s not like. All must be present regardless if they win or not.

by Anonymousreply 474September 8, 2018 5:20 PM

BB Press Conference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475September 8, 2018 6:14 PM

The Venice winners have been announced. The director of THE SISTER BROTHERS won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476September 8, 2018 7:11 PM

Phoenix can get in. YES!

by Anonymousreply 477September 8, 2018 7:15 PM

Ok, Amrie just posted on his IG showing his love to Timmy. This is getting serious. Why don’t they just fuck already and get over with their infatuation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 9, 2018 2:06 AM

It's called a joke but if they actually wanted to fuck you'd be stupid to think they hadn't already. Timmy was jumping in his and Elizabeth's bed this time last year.

by Anonymousreply 479September 9, 2018 2:08 AM

idgaf what anyone says this is one weird ~friendship these two have going on.

by Anonymousreply 480September 9, 2018 2:12 AM

Timmy just posted a similar IG story. They are obviously having great fun poking the bear (or maybe each other!).

by Anonymousreply 481September 9, 2018 2:13 AM

It's a refreshing friendship, no need to make it weird. Would be nice to see more friendships like it between men.

by Anonymousreply 482September 9, 2018 2:15 AM

Yeah it’s really not weird. Two dudes meet at work, they clicked, they like hanging out together. They’ve got silly in-jokes and references that lots of friends share. No great mystery.

by Anonymousreply 483September 9, 2018 2:19 AM

Plus they were required to be physically intimate for their job so there would be literally no reason for them to feel awkward or uncomfortable being affectionate or loving towards each other.

by Anonymousreply 484September 9, 2018 2:24 AM

Nothing weird with 2 dudes who made out a lot and got naked together. Almost a decade difference in age, one married with kids, different lifestyles, new movies to promote but they still talk about their year old one, facetiming everyday so on. Look I'm not saying they're fucking but gimme a break for sure it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 485September 9, 2018 2:28 AM

I guess it's unusual but if it works for them who cares. It's good that they act like this without caring whether people think it's weird or not.

by Anonymousreply 486September 9, 2018 2:34 AM

Where is Elizabeth?? She would be posting tons of pics of the evening

by Anonymousreply 487September 9, 2018 2:35 AM

She's in Dallas, she had a conference thing today.

by Anonymousreply 488September 9, 2018 2:36 AM

Does anyone question Tim's fashion choices? The Alexander McQueen blouse with the flowers on the shoulder was quite feminine he was wearing today and wasn't the Haider suit from last night worn by a female model on the runway

by Anonymousreply 489September 9, 2018 2:38 AM

Yeah but then he walks around with sweats tucked into his socks and baseball caps. He's just a mess of contradictions.

by Anonymousreply 490September 9, 2018 2:40 AM

I'll be whatever you need me to be, baby!

by Anonymousreply 491September 9, 2018 2:47 AM

Amrie wants to be inside Timmy’s mouth or asspussy

by Anonymousreply 492September 9, 2018 2:53 AM

I think they're upset this photo leaked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493September 9, 2018 2:55 AM

Are they on a fucking date or is this a TIFF party? Are there other celebs there??

by Anonymousreply 494September 9, 2018 2:58 AM

Their babies will be beautiful since both are very very good looking. I hope Timmy gets pregnant soon

by Anonymousreply 495September 9, 2018 2:58 AM

r489 yeah pink phone, women suits, v necks, rose embroidered shirts, birth of Venus socks, charm (?) bracelets, softer and softer demeanor. Seems to me like he's silently following in Lucas Hedges' footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 496September 9, 2018 3:01 AM

I don't think Timo could survive a pregnancy at his weight.

by Anonymousreply 497September 9, 2018 3:01 AM

Meanwhile Enty insists Ansel is boyfriend of Timothee

Blind Item #2 - Mr. X With his longtime (closeted) boyfriend out of the country for a premiere, this closeted A/B-list actor who starred in possibly the biggest bomb of year movie-wise was seen flirting with that former Disney tweener turned successful adult singer. Oh and the singer ignored his beard/girlfriend for most of the night after they did the red carpet thing.

by Anonymousreply 498September 9, 2018 3:03 AM

He's lost weight again.

by Anonymousreply 499September 9, 2018 3:03 AM

Haha the Timmy/Ansel BIs are ridiculous and have been relentless for months now. Amusing though.

The Timmy and Lucas rumor got spread around again after Hedges' interview.

by Anonymousreply 500September 9, 2018 3:04 AM

Lucas is awful, sorry...

by Anonymousreply 501September 9, 2018 3:05 AM

Lucas seems way too neurotic to date anyone.

by Anonymousreply 502September 9, 2018 3:07 AM

It wasn't a dating rumor, it was a hookup rumor. From pre-fame.

by Anonymousreply 503September 9, 2018 3:09 AM

I hope for his sake he isn't into men cos if so he must be clawing at the walls wanting to f Armie.

by Anonymousreply 504September 9, 2018 3:16 AM

-R497 the Mrs did The Ansel and Timothee thing is silly. I don't they really like each other. -R489 If you think Timithee clothes are soft, Ansel with his nail polish, handbags, bleached blond hair and dclothes choices along with his long time girlfriend screams closeted.

Or it could be 2 white boys with no fashion sense being styled by 2 gay guys

Lucus and Timothee hooking up I could see. One is bi and other gay.

by Anonymousreply 505September 9, 2018 3:16 AM

R504 Are you kidding? it's so obvious he's gay/bi

by Anonymousreply 506September 9, 2018 3:18 AM

R506 I definitely think he's into women. What makes it so obvious he's into men too? I mean he could be but wearing pink isn't enough proof especially when he clearly fancies himself somewhat of a fashion hoe what with changing into 7 outfits a day.

by Anonymousreply 507September 9, 2018 3:19 AM

R507 It's just a joke. Don't be serious.

by Anonymousreply 508September 9, 2018 3:32 AM

Whatever he is it will become more clear with time.

by Anonymousreply 509September 9, 2018 3:35 AM

it's damage control

by Anonymousreply 510September 9, 2018 3:35 AM

Am leaning towards Timmy being into men and likely currently in a relationship but not with Armie.

by Anonymousreply 511September 9, 2018 3:36 AM

For what?

by Anonymousreply 512September 9, 2018 3:36 AM

R511 Agree

by Anonymousreply 513September 9, 2018 3:38 AM

What is damage control for what?

by Anonymousreply 514September 9, 2018 3:38 AM

I doubt any boyfriend would be okay with the way he is around Armie.

by Anonymousreply 515September 9, 2018 3:38 AM

-R513 put it out there why do think?

by Anonymousreply 516September 9, 2018 3:43 AM

r515 agreed. If he's into men which looks likelier by the day, it's Armie for him. Just look how rarely he's active on sm and like 50% of the time it's either to like Armie's posts or reply to him. And facetiming daily with an attractive guy, what bf would be okay with that?

by Anonymousreply 517September 9, 2018 3:51 AM

I have to say, it’s impressive that after being apart for like five months, nothing seems to have changed between them. They seem as close as ever. That takes a lot of effort for two people who are as busy as they are.

by Anonymousreply 518September 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Their bond is undeniably sweet. Both of them light up when they talk about each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519September 9, 2018 4:01 AM

And Timmy..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520September 9, 2018 4:02 AM

Literally everyone shipping them

by Anonymousreply 521September 9, 2018 4:05 AM

Well I hope that if there's anything really going on between them it's more like good friends with benefits and they're not in love with each other cause man, that won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 522September 9, 2018 4:05 AM

If they were in love they would have struggled more to spend six months apart. They just really, really like each other I guess.

by Anonymousreply 523September 9, 2018 4:07 AM

We forgot about Luca...

by Anonymousreply 524September 9, 2018 4:07 AM

r523 well Armie did look miserable for a while but yeah I hope you're right.

by Anonymousreply 525September 9, 2018 4:11 AM

R525 Yeah for like two weeks and then he was fine again. Doubt it was related.

by Anonymousreply 526September 9, 2018 4:12 AM

I think if Armie was available, Timmy would be all in, in a heartbeat. Have always thought that.

by Anonymousreply 527September 9, 2018 4:14 AM

Idk I think at most he may have conflicting and confusing feelings which I think is somewhat natural for anyone that's even slightly into the same gender and had to do what he did with someone of the same gender for work AND happened to end up really liking them as a person. If he knew for sure he had deep feelings I don't think he could put himself through being around him and Elizabeth so much and still look so happy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 528September 9, 2018 4:19 AM

Interesting how time brings things into focus. Their relationship is strange. If they are hooking up and that's still a big if for me then the Mrs is in on it.

More likely Tim has a crush on Armie but is also in a relationship with someone else.

Consider that having people ship them takes to focus off Tim's real relationship and gins up support for CMBYN 2.

by Anonymousreply 529September 9, 2018 4:20 AM

Another thing, Armie's marriage doesn't look a very happy one to me especially lately. Maybe I'm totally wrong but it just doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 530September 9, 2018 4:24 AM

I don't think he's in a relationship honestly. You can't keep these things a secret when there's so much attention on you.

by Anonymousreply 531September 9, 2018 4:24 AM

R530 They seem happy to me for a couple that have been together 12 years. Obviously it's not gonna be newlywed syndrome but I think they're obviously still into each other and Armie likes talking about her a lot etc.

by Anonymousreply 532September 9, 2018 4:25 AM

I'm sure Enty is right about Ansel. Ansel's birtday 14 march, on the next day 15 march they attended together the nba match. They definitely pretty close but trying to hide it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533September 9, 2018 4:28 AM

You think Timmy and Ansel have been in a long term closeted relationship? They haven't even been seen together since then or interacted publicly.

by Anonymousreply 534September 9, 2018 4:30 AM

They haven't even been seen together - that's the point

by Anonymousreply 535September 9, 2018 4:33 AM

Except for other than these BIs which no one takes seriously and they probably don't even know about, there would be no reason for them to not hang out in public when they speak about each other as friends. And if they had hung out outside in NYC or anywhere else there's no way it would go unnoticed.

by Anonymousreply 536September 9, 2018 4:34 AM

you are fast:)

by Anonymousreply 537September 9, 2018 4:36 AM

r532 probably but when your marriage's already staid and you have a beautiful, androgynous boy like Timmy lapping up your every word and going gaga over you it's easy to be tempted especially for someone like Armie who's pretty insecure and Timmy's like boy wonder, everyone's impressed with him.

by Anonymousreply 538September 9, 2018 4:39 AM

R538 With Armie's sex drive he'll have been tempted by lots of people over the years I'd imagine. Either they have an arrangement or he knows how to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 539September 9, 2018 4:41 AM

-R533 There have been no reports of the two hanging together. Ansel spent most of the summer traveling with his girlfriend/bread or hanging out with her in South Hampton.

-R531 Tim has been underground the past 3 months, not hanging out with the cast or going to the wrap party with them.

-R513 The ring on his left thumb that was seen in a early fan photo but was MIA latter makes me think he's in a relationship

Lastly I agree with the crush idea and Armie is fanning it but neither Hammers are going to up their prefect family image anytime soon. Tim realizes this and enjoys Armie's attention for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 540September 9, 2018 4:45 AM

The ring was given to him by a fan, she confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 541September 9, 2018 4:46 AM

[quote]Tim is no Denzel

May he never, ever become so insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 542September 9, 2018 4:59 AM

Btw the most disgusting part of Enty's rumor is that Ansel was flirting with Nick Jonas. Just imagine, your boyfriend is Timothee and you instead hanging out with this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 9, 2018 5:03 AM

OMG what up with Ansel's hair and where is his girlfriend? Don't tell me they broke up!

The BIs about Ansel, Tim and even Armie are silly.

by Anonymousreply 544September 9, 2018 5:20 AM

Ansel is closeted. idk where is his beard

by Anonymousreply 545September 9, 2018 5:25 AM

Ansel's dull.

by Anonymousreply 546September 9, 2018 5:26 AM

Timmy is every bit as adorable this year as he was last. I look forward to seeing Beautiful Boy regardless of how awkwardly and imperfectly it has been realized. There's something about the way he speaks, all sexy and gangly, that never fails to appeal to me.

by Anonymousreply 547September 9, 2018 5:33 AM

Amrie may leave his wife for Timmy who is too beautiful and irresistible

by Anonymousreply 548September 9, 2018 5:41 AM

R548 lmao, dreamland

by Anonymousreply 549September 9, 2018 5:45 AM

Is Amrie the new Lens?

by Anonymousreply 550September 9, 2018 5:50 AM

r550 No.

by Anonymousreply 551September 9, 2018 5:54 AM

When it comes to intentional misspellings it looks like it.

by Anonymousreply 552September 9, 2018 5:55 AM

[quote]Is Amrie the new Lens?

He's the new Lens, WHET, Noal Galvin , and graxy.

by Anonymousreply 553September 9, 2018 5:58 AM

R547 Agree.

by Anonymousreply 554September 9, 2018 6:09 AM

Of course they are fucking. Armie is a wolf in sheep's clothing. With the wife in Dallas, Armie must be subjecting Timmy to all sorts of kinky and depraved stuff: "that's right Timmy! Lick my toes boy. And when you're finished... "

Honestly, these two give me a John Mayer/Shawn Mendes vibe.

by Anonymousreply 555September 9, 2018 6:11 AM

And you, r553, are the new iidot.

by Anonymousreply 556September 9, 2018 6:12 AM

r555 lick my toes?! Meh too mild for Armie. More like sum tying up, choking, hair pulling, you know the good stuff lmao

by Anonymousreply 557September 9, 2018 6:35 AM

THIS THREAD HAS BECOME A MESS, AGAIN! Seriously, why don’t you Tumblrinas go to Tumblr and gush there about them? They’re friends, they share a cute bond (imo) and that’s it. What you write here si exactly the same bullshit in your blogs. Why do you all have to sexualise every fucking aspect of this relationship? It’s as if you’ve been living under a rock. GET OFF DL and move your fantasies TO TUMBLR!

by Anonymousreply 558September 9, 2018 7:40 AM

Here they are after moving on to the InStyle party (with Dev Patel and Daniel Kaluuya).

Timmy definitely acts as some weird mix between his stand in wifey and son. That protective arm is real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559September 9, 2018 7:41 AM

Are you going to keep up with this like before? They’re friends for goodness sake, and as I see it Armie likes him as a brother. Now, can you 5 CUNTS move on to TUMBLR?

by Anonymousreply 560September 9, 2018 7:46 AM

look the people saying they're in love or gay or want to break armie's marriage to be together are ridic but there's nothing wrong with some lighthearted jokes about the fact that they're both two objectively attractive humans that have seen each other naked and made out and seem to like each other very very much and that it's human nature that that's not going to leave them feeling completely sterile or particularly brotherly towards each other.

by Anonymousreply 561September 9, 2018 7:49 AM

R561 Were the fuck I said that jokes aren’t welcome? BUT, look at thread..80 replies most of them filled with fucked up BIs especially by Enty ( seriously Enty?) that have no correlation with this actor. Also Lucas Hedges is not bi, but gay as a fruit basket. He’s had various boyfriends in the past and played the “no label” card for his movies this year, I think every person with 2 brain cells can connect those dots. If you want to follow gay actors/ shipping gay/closed singers go to Henry Cavill ( another lost cause), Shawn Mendes, Ben Barnes, Lee Pace, Armitrage, Mayer ( that one needs to drop the bi label because it’s getting ridiculous) and Dylan G and co. All these guys are gay and they give you content to gush about. Again, I like their friendship as well and I think is refreshing, but every single comment about this turns out to be some fucked up theory. I’m amazed you girls don’t write : ”they’re dressing the same, they’re fucking, MARY!” You CUNTS sexualise every fucking interaction about them and then... say hello to THEORIES! So no. You really thing if they both were gay they’d keep up like that? They’re friends and trolling your asses.

by Anonymousreply 562September 9, 2018 8:01 AM

^Sorry for the typos

by Anonymousreply 563September 9, 2018 8:03 AM

[quote]or want to break armie's marriage to be together

What makes you think they would break up because Armie had a fuck (or three) with Timo ???

Ever heard of open marriages ???

by Anonymousreply 564September 9, 2018 8:04 AM

This is it! Here comes the....PORN!

by Anonymousreply 565September 9, 2018 8:05 AM

The Guardin review gave the film 3 stars, not keen on Carrel's perfomance but very nice review on Timothee's. No wonder he talks about wanting to work with directors, no established actor will wanto work with him, my darling limelight stealer! The Armie Timmy saga continues, I can hear the typing of a million fanfictions as I write, sigh, will be the usual dom sub junk. But they have a sweet relationship with no sexual implications at all. Do I thing Timmy is at least BI? Probably, but it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a great actor and I am looking forward to watching him evolve.

by Anonymousreply 566September 9, 2018 8:05 AM

Why would you even care what the girls write about them? Haven’t you been in other fandoms? Sherlock? Benedict and Martin? That went so well...yep, yep, great! We only need dolls now...Oh wait, what am I saying? The kids are already dolls...but of course.

by Anonymousreply 567September 9, 2018 8:11 AM

Good fanfiction is fun, bad rip-offs of 50 shades is depressing. I have seen shipping wars that you cannot comprend (neither could I), but anything that gives a fan pleasure is fine, the problem is when it bleeds into reality as they invest too much into it. Just as the Sherlock fandom, but then Martin and Benedict disliked each other...

by Anonymousreply 568September 9, 2018 8:36 AM

Well, it was fun while it lasted ---a whole six hours before the annoying as fuck schoolmarm ATC showed up. Guess she does sleep....a little. We got six whole hours of uninterrupted light hearted gossip without her pompous scolding and nagging. Pure bliss.

Love how she tries to act superior to shippers when she has no life other than obsessively monitoring and shit posting threads on a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 569September 9, 2018 8:46 AM

R568 At the beginning they were fine, they didn’t dislike each other so much, but then it degenerated...quickly. And this is gonna happen here as well, if you (not you specifically)behave like that. It already bleeds into reality with these twats and with this charmie fandom or whatever they’re called. There’s no need to bring that to DL. Lord of the Rings was another shithole...the same can be said about Harry Potter with Daniel R. and Tom Felton. Sooooo many fanfictions about these guys. And at the end, it came out that Daniel is just gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 570September 9, 2018 8:47 AM

R569 No, I didn’t sleep. I gave you some fun, but as usual you go overboard. The “pregnancy”comment was fun and it was written by a guy. I must admit, there are some guys in here, but the ones who write the theories ate middle aged women. Even that “dykie godmother” is a guy.

by Anonymousreply 571September 9, 2018 8:49 AM

I control the internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572September 9, 2018 8:51 AM

R572 Hahaha, very funny. Wait, did I already laugh? I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 573September 9, 2018 8:53 AM

dull: ansel: no kidding: he almost ruined Baby Driver, but the fukin hawt jon hammmmm saved the day

ide eat his ass out thru a barb wire fence

by Anonymousreply 574September 9, 2018 8:55 AM

Guys, it's YOU are ruining every thead about Timothee, pls, stop

by Anonymousreply 575September 9, 2018 8:55 AM

Ansel is faker than IKEA. God, nepotism at its finest. Also, that face can’t be seen.

by Anonymousreply 576September 9, 2018 8:58 AM

I am not a guy! I am a middle aged frau that happens to live in the real world and has enough sense (and sensibility) to distinguish between the what we want to see, what is shown and what is highly likely. It is fun to banter about Timmy and Armie but thrash his wife is just horrible. Moderation boys and girls, moderation and we can continue playing.

by Anonymousreply 577September 9, 2018 9:53 AM

R577 You’re an eldergay, that’s obvious. But right now you’re just trolling...you’re really not funny...at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578September 9, 2018 10:37 AM

Why do you get so defensive and hysterical, ATC? I despise the estrogen-fuelled shipping that goes on here but it's all due to a very recent reunion, it'll soon subside. Calm your tits, dear.

by Anonymousreply 579September 9, 2018 10:49 AM

R579 My last post was meant as a joke....I guess it died flat. Steve gif, BB Steve....rings any bell?

by Anonymousreply 580September 9, 2018 11:12 AM

ATC, your attempts to control everyone else's input/output is more annoying than said input/output. I wouldn't even have noticed what you're shrieking about if not for your shrieking about it.

You might want to consider this. And also the fact that no one tumblrs anymore.

by Anonymousreply 581September 9, 2018 12:08 PM

R581 I’ll take notice about this. Thank you for your input. Also, people still go on tumblr and that’s why you have cesspool threads. Welcome to 2018 and I’m glad you’ve just woken up from your medical stupor.

by Anonymousreply 582September 9, 2018 12:18 PM

Yeah, ATC, telling me I just woke up from a medical stupor doesn't make you seem like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 583September 9, 2018 12:22 PM

So what is the consensus is BB DOA for an Oscar-nom for Timmy?

by Anonymousreply 584September 9, 2018 1:05 PM

Having caught up with the Timmy Armie lovefest at tiff I can only conclude that they have trolled the fans! Good for them. As for awards for Timmy it is difficult to say, the film is limping but all seem to agree that Timmy's performance was very good indeed, some have said great, so he could nab a few awards. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 585September 9, 2018 1:53 PM

Its iffy r583, but I think he gets in. Amazon doesn’t have a full slate to promote so they can put their energies into BB if they think the chance is there.

I think he still gets in but Richard E Grant is looking like the front runner. Knowing his role and story in the McCarthy movie, it’s pure (and tired) bait.

by Anonymousreply 586September 9, 2018 1:57 PM

Is the numbering system screwed up today? The last few r numbers, in this thread and others, went to posts that made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 587September 9, 2018 2:30 PM

R583 The movie still has big editing issues..the soundtrack is shit, not even the soundtrack, man! The director is a meticulous one, I really liked

by Anonymousreply 588September 9, 2018 2:30 PM

^ The Broken Circle Breakdown, but here he couldn’t deliver any of it. Tim has a 90% probability to score a nomination and that’s it. No BP, no BA, no Adpated Screenplay...and not even Maura Tierney.

by Anonymousreply 589September 9, 2018 2:33 PM

JFC. It is. My reply was meant for user R584. Aghh, what a day!

by Anonymousreply 590September 9, 2018 2:41 PM

Despite ATC's various urinations and fecations all over Beautiful Boy, I can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 591September 9, 2018 2:45 PM

R591 It’s not only me. Also, could you point where I said that I’m not gonna see it? Where did I even write that? If a movie is shit, it’s shit, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go see it. I just posted that I liked some of this director’s movies.

by Anonymousreply 592September 9, 2018 2:48 PM

r592 I said nothing about your intentions re: seeing BB or not seeing BB. I have no idea why you've made that a point of contention.

by Anonymousreply 593September 9, 2018 2:53 PM

R593 You said I “urinated and fecated” on this movie, didn’t you imply that I would just throw this movie to the bin and that I wouldn’t see it? If not, then excuse me.

by Anonymousreply 594September 9, 2018 2:57 PM

You typed about it with such a patina of knowingness, r594, I thought you had seen it.

by Anonymousreply 595September 9, 2018 3:09 PM

R595 Because that’s pretty much already known? Especially in these last few days. But, again, I see that you didn’t mean it like that.

by Anonymousreply 596September 9, 2018 3:26 PM

Oh, you know what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 597September 9, 2018 3:33 PM

[quote]Having caught up with the Timmy Armie lovefest at tiff I can only conclude that they have trolled the fans!

Yet, if Armie and Timmy themselves dared to attempt that here, ATC would shake her pudgy fist and stamp her little feet, loudly proclaiming that such things SIMPLY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Then she'd shit post dozens of scat porn photos to close the thread.

Yep, she would. Totally oblivious to the fact that the very men in question are obviously having a lot of fun with the fans and encouraging the fangirl squee. Oh the irony. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 598September 9, 2018 3:44 PM

ATC sucks

by Anonymousreply 599September 9, 2018 3:49 PM

ATC sucks moose cock.

by Anonymousreply 600September 9, 2018 3:49 PM

ATC sucks moose cock. Did you think I was going to say "ATC sucks beautiful boy cock"?

by Anonymousreply 601September 9, 2018 3:49 PM

ATC sucks moose cock. Did you think I was going to say "ATC sucks beautiful boy cock"? No beautiful boy would let ATC anywhere near his cock.

by Anonymousreply 602September 9, 2018 3:49 PM

I'm a body language expert. Yes, we do exist. lol My friend asked me to watch videos with Armie & Timmy including interviews and of them together at events. I had no preconceived notions beforehand. I ended up watching tons of videos of them together. I could tell almost right away from their body language that they're physically attracted to each other and have most likely slept together. I've been trained to notice gestures and signs, movements and reactions that most people would miss. All of the things people do without even realizing it I notice. So for those of you who think there is (or was) something between them, no, it's not all in your head. It's true.

by Anonymousreply 603September 9, 2018 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!