Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did everyone hate Winona Ryder?

Was she really as big a bitch as they say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375February 24, 2019 2:33 PM

Was she considered a bitch? I always thought of her as a mentally ill trauma case ( on account of the hippy parents.)

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2018 8:28 PM

Nobody hated Winona, OP. If you want people to talk about her, you don't *necessarily* need to invent a negative headline.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2018 8:30 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow was the one who spread those rumors about Winona. Johnny Depp, too.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2018 8:31 PM

It's her voice. Whiny.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2018 8:34 PM

It's her voice. Whiny.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2018 8:37 PM

OP = Angelina Jolie!

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2018 8:45 PM

I remember being hugely surprised when she was caught shoplifting. I don't remember ever hearing her apologize for it in public, or if not apologize then at least honestly explain why she did it, which is why she came off as a bit of a dumb rich Hollywood bitch who got her kicks from stealing. She turned from a likable and pretty little pixie into a bit of an arrogant cunt in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2018 8:47 PM

Gwyneth dared her to shoplift when they were out shopping. She was the one who called the police and the paps.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2018 8:51 PM

She came across as a cool person when she was a child/young adult actress but now she just seems mean.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2018 8:57 PM

R7. I assumed it was a way to escape a contract.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote] but now she just seems mean

r9 The only thing she's been in for years is Stranger Things and most of the other cast seem to sing her praises.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2018 9:01 PM

She is shit in stranger things.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2018 9:03 PM

I think she is mental, almost creepy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2018 9:06 PM

r12 She plays hysterical over controlling mother pretty well. Which fits the character.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2018 9:07 PM

If she's hated it's because she's crazy. Richard Gere, who did that execrable movie "Autumn In New York" with her, loathed her. He called her "Nervous Nellie." And no, she never apologized for the shoplifting. She supposedly had been doing it for a long time, but got away with it by being a celebrity. But then she got called out on it, and it really showed her for who she really was. In an interview she said she didn't feel guilty about stealing because it didn't really "hurt" anybody. She is NUTS. Which is why she and Johnny Depp clicked for a while. They both were, and are, crazy.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2018 9:08 PM

I've always liked Ms Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2018 9:08 PM

She’s great in Stranger Things

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2018 9:12 PM

She is mental. I read that bio written about Christian Bale by his former publicist and she comes across terribly in that. Batshit and abusive to the people around her.

Her attitude after she got busted trying to steal over $25,000 worth of stuff was shitty, too. She said she didn't think she needed to feel bad, because it was a "victimless crime." She went on stage at the MTV awards or somewhere like that making fun of the whole thing. As if we all find grand larceny [italic]hilarious[/italic].

I hated her in "The Age of Innocence" so I hold a grudge against her for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2018 9:13 PM

She seems a bit....I don't know....awkward (?) in her comeback commercial.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2018 9:16 PM

because she's a closet case

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2018 9:19 PM

She's an overactor

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2018 9:20 PM

fake tits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Winona

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2018 9:23 PM

R18, SHE WAS AWFUL IN AGE OF INNOCENCE. Personally, I think the whole movie was just mediocre and her performance is a case-in-point. I think it's amusing when people say Sophia Coppola ruined the Godfather 3 and that Winona should have replaced her (she was originally supposed to have the role). Would Winona really do a better job? She was never a good actress. Stranger Things is the best acting she has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2018 9:23 PM

before nose job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2018 9:23 PM

I never knew of a single person hating her. Where did you get this?

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2018 9:24 PM

Wasn’t she nominated for an Oscar for Age of Innocence?

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2018 9:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2018 9:28 PM

She's pretty, but does have a bad reputation as being unstable. I have read people claim she is bi-polar, but not quite sure she was ever diagnosed. She creeps more than a few people out, according to a costume designer friend: brooding dark moods, and lots of staring apparently.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2018 9:29 PM

Miriam Margolyes is not a fan of Winona Ryder!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2018 9:29 PM

She looks like a boy there, R28

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2018 9:30 PM

What R2 said. OP is a bitch who regularly trolls DL with his trolling headlines and many fall for it. You are feeding a troll.

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2018 9:30 PM

Ryder, Winona. Hopping from musician to actor to musician with all the agility and speed of a starved hyena targeting a limping Thompson's gazelle. One of her well-earned Hollywood nicknames is "Wanna Ride Her?" Rumored to enjoy pleasuring herself far more than she enjoys or is capable of being pleased by her boyfriends. Has a crudely, stereotypically masculine approach to sex. Pothead and addicted to painkillers. Shoplifter. Broke up with Damon because he convinced her to make a bad set of investments, and she lost over $1 million. Has done good work with her community, though. Bi______. Linked with Ryan Adams, Dodi al Fayeed, Beck, Bono, Ed Burns, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Evan Dando, Daniel Day-Lewis, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr., David Duchovny, Adam Duritz, Jakob Dylan, Everlast, Jimmy Fallon, Dave Grohl, Corey Haim, Chris Isaak, Courtney Love, Brittany Murphy, Chris Noth, Dave Pirner, Charlie Sheen, Christian Slater, Mark Wahlberg, Paul Westerberg, Bruce Willis, and Pete Yorn.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2018 9:31 PM

[quote]I remember being hugely surprised when she was caught shoplifting. I don't remember ever hearing her apologize for it in public, or if not apologize then at least honestly explain why she did it, which is why she came off as a bit of a dumb rich Hollywood bitch who got her kicks from stealing. She turned from a likable and pretty little pixie into a bit of an arrogant cunt in an instant.

I agree with r7, r15. The shoplifting incident changed perceptions. Shoplifting is such a low-class thing to do anyway - and she didn't even try to make an excuse or show any contrition. She never really recovered because her career was fading anyway. Very high negatives.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2018 9:33 PM

R27, if she was, it was a giant mistake, like Jennifer Lawrence having two nominations and one win. She was bad in that movie and Dracula. Her campiest line ever: "take me away from all this....D.E.A.T.H".

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2018 9:35 PM

Op is a muck racker. I bet he started the Quentin Tarantino is a closet case thread.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2018 9:41 PM

R30 Jesus I love Miriam Margolyes so fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2018 9:59 PM

Love me or hate me...but you can't deny I look damn good for 46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2018 10:03 PM

It was never the same after that dreadful Ben Stiller film

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2018 10:05 PM

When you invite her into your home she leaves with about half of it in her car.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2018 10:05 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2018 10:07 PM

I never believed that story that she was considered for Shakespeare in Love, she's way too busty and she can't do a British accent. Also, if you are not considered for a role, you very unlikely get to even audition.

She's nuts, batshit crazy and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2018 10:30 PM

I like her. Never heard anything bad about her but if there is, can anyone of us say all of our coworkers love us or have loved us? Nope. She seemed to be struggling for awhile with something but she is great in Stranger Things.

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2018 10:35 PM

Why did everyone hate Gracie Allen? Was she really as big a bitch as they say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2018 10:37 PM

As old as she is she still seems like a teenager. It's like she's stuck at that age. I think that's due to mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2018 11:40 PM

She wasn't a bitch perse, people were just tired of all their jewelry and family heirlooms going missing from their trailers.

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2018 11:46 PM

i love winona ryder!

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2018 11:49 PM

Her godfather was Timothy Leary. Ducked up parents. I think her real name was Horowitz.

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2018 11:57 PM

She thought she was cooler than you. There was a tendency with young actors of her era to act like fame and an acting career just fell into their lap(s) like they didn’t fight tooth and nail to get there. Tedious.

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2018 12:09 AM

I could swear that Sigourney warned her about her behavior on the set of Aliens 3, I’ll have to google it now

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2018 12:10 AM

Nobody hated her. In fact, she was wildly overrated as an actress. But as she lost the ability to hide her crazy while her box office returns kept tanking, the industry lost interest in protecting her.

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2018 12:16 AM

I always loved her ever since Heathers, I thought people went overboard on her shoplifting arrest. If she really fucked all those guys at r33, then my hats off to her.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2018 12:19 AM

I'd have happily fucked many of those dudes, and Courtney, too.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2018 12:28 AM

Wasn't she the one Depp shot?

Most of you have heard the Charlie Sheen shooting Kelly Preston story, but there is one that would have made the world explode with gossip if this one had ever got out to the public. This couple was everywhere. They were all over every tabloid. The actor, all movies all the time is still A+. Back in the day not so long ago he was a drinking and drugging machine and had a thing for antique weapons. Still does. Brings them to the set all the time. Much more careful with them now though. His girlfriend at the time was A list. She was strictly a booze and cigs kind of person with the sometime coke night if she was really having fun. Well, one night, our actor was showing off a new gun he had purchased at auction and was drinking and playing around and swinging it and shot his girlfriend. Bam right in the ribs. The bullet sliced off a chunk of the side of her ribs right below her bra line. She was not wearing a bra at the time. She was naked. There was blood everywhere. They screamed for several minutes before one of them finally got the idea of trying to towel it off. Yeah, that did not last long. They then used the hotel room drapes. Finally our actor made a call and the hotel sent up a doctor. The girlfriend did not need surgery because it went in and out. It did cause her a whole lot of pain and to help with her pain she started using some stronger drugs which took her ten years to break. (CDAN)

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2018 12:32 AM

fake

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2018 12:36 AM

I worked as crew on a film called The Ten. She was a cunt on Day 1-she threw a bottle of water at a pa and screamed “I NEED WATER WITH ELECTROLYTES!”-but was OK the other days.

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2018 12:39 AM

She was mean to her assistant. Used to score drugs with Keanu. I'm glad she's back. Mental health is still an illness, which most don't ever truly recover from.. Not enough love in her childhood?

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2018 12:47 AM

I love Winona in Beetlejuice. She plays the role with such charismatic oddness. Rarely is the "weird" teenage type played with such emotional depth.

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2018 12:55 AM

She ate her cheeseburger

by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2018 12:56 AM

Damn. I can’t find a gif of her screaming “Did you suck his CAWK?!” from “Black Swan”.

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2018 12:59 AM

She's alright. Why have to babble to the public after embarrassing herself. It came out she was a pill head at the time with a Dr Feel Good and a bag of prescriptions. This Dr had many Holywood clients. The store theft was opioid induced.

If she balled half the guys on that list, some of you are jealous.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2018 2:28 AM

I don't think she looks "good" at R38. She looks crazy. And that outfit makes her look even crazier.

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2018 3:02 AM

Are we sure that’s her, on the link R38 shared? If so, thanks Photoshop and mucho surgeries, because I can barely recognize her. She looks very much her age if not older on Stranger Things.

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2018 3:13 AM

Ageless actresses pretty much all look alike between 45 and 65

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2018 3:15 AM

[quote] Ageless actresses pretty much all look alike between 45 and 65

Poor things. I can't imagine looking that old.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2018 3:17 AM

She should have Oscared for THE AGE OF INNOCENCE. Her performance was sublime. Criterion recently released it on Blu-ray and we all should buy a copy and study it.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2018 3:35 AM

Geez R60, it took me 5 seconds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2018 3:41 AM

R66, you're out of your mind. She is badly miscast. She should never be featured in anything that takes place before the 70s. Just look at how bad she is in Dracula.

by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2018 3:50 AM

I also thought she was iconic in THE CRUCIBLE. Another role she should have Oscared for. Show me another actress who impaled the part of Abigail Williams as good as she. Angela Bettis on Broadway in 2002 was criminal and Saoirse Ronan didn’t light the world on fire in 2016. Winona’s Abigail slayed us. Slayed. Us.

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2018 3:57 AM

I think her breasts are real. They are full but not round like implants. She's always been busty.

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2018 4:21 AM

I always thought she was the female Keanu - both very attractive, both limited (but sometimes effective) actors, both not suited to period. Coppola was really pushing it when he put both of them in Dracula.

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote]I don't think she looks "good" at [R38]. She looks crazy. And that outfit makes her look even crazier.

She does sort of look like your aunt who walks around at night and talks to things ...

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2018 5:24 AM

Winona and Keanu absolutely ruined "Bram Stoker's Dracula." God knows what Coppola was thinking,

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2018 5:32 AM

I can't stand her, but I thought she was great in The Crucible. I don't know why she was able to be so good in that part and so fucking annoying in everything else. It could be because she was playing a crazy person.

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2018 5:50 AM

um did you see her weird behavior and facial spasms when that dude was giving the speech at the golden globes???

Winona Ryder is girl interrupted.

White jacket soon and padded walls.

by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2018 5:51 AM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2018 11:14 AM

I actually think she's a good actress, she's a scene stealer quite often. She's just nuts in real live.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2018 11:28 AM

In a recent Howard Stern interview, Claire Danes said they had a bad falling out. Definitely inferred it was Winona who ran afoul of her and not the other way around. So between her and Gwyneth, Winona has some blonde detractors in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2018 11:38 AM

R33 Linked with Ryan Adams, Dodi al Fayeed, Beck, Bono, Ed Burns, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Evan Dando, Daniel Day-Lewis, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr., David Duchovny, Adam Duritz, Jakob Dylan, Everlast, Jimmy Fallon, Dave Grohl, Corey Haim, Chris Isaak, Courtney Love, Brittany Murphy, Chris Noth, Dave Pirner, Charlie Sheen, Christian Slater, Mark Wahlberg, Paul Westerberg, Bruce Willis, and Pete Yorn.

90% of the guys you named are gay lol

by Anonymousreply 79July 10, 2018 11:52 AM

r75 I'll cut her some slack for that because David Harbour kind of went insanely off script, and she was clearly drunk (and probably something else looking at the rest of that shows cast).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 10, 2018 12:06 PM

That pic is incredible, R80. Pharmaceuticals galore.

by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2018 12:21 PM

It's said Corey Haim did or said something cruel to her when they worked together on LUCAS, cruel enough to warrant an apology some 20 years later.

She was lovely in that film, and subtle. It's an underappreciated performance of hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 10, 2018 12:29 PM

She has said she was heavily bullied as a child, and had some very bad depression over the years. That may contribute to her "weirdness." I still find her beautiful and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 83July 10, 2018 12:33 PM

For a while, her and Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Go's really looked similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 10, 2018 12:35 PM

What a stupid thread. WHO is EVERYONE? I have never heard of any industry hate towards Winona at all, much less from fans.

by Anonymousreply 85July 10, 2018 12:59 PM

In Jane Wiedlin's dreams she was beautiful like Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 86July 10, 2018 1:00 PM

She was a bitchy diva and she is crazy. After her shoplifting incident industry wasn't trying very hard to get her back into the fold, so It means industry was pretty much done with her.

by Anonymousreply 87July 10, 2018 1:34 PM

Nobody hated her.

OP is just an inept shit stirrer.

If you’re too lazy to Google and you want to know the dirt on Winona Ryder, why don’t you just ask, “What’s the dirt on Winona Ryder?”

She stole things from department stores and she’s a little batty.

But nobody “hates her.”

by Anonymousreply 88July 10, 2018 1:44 PM

R88, Gwyneth hated her for sure, she ghosted her in of her GOOP releases. Industry clearly didn't like her a lot after 2001 either. See her career for reference.

by Anonymousreply 89July 10, 2018 1:52 PM

This thread is just repetitive. It's boring.

by Anonymousreply 90July 10, 2018 2:05 PM

Winona Ryder has borderline personality disorder. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 91July 10, 2018 2:12 PM

Wasn't there some gossip awhile ago about how nasty and cuntish she was to service people and assistants as well as being a total klepto who would steal and/or borrow belongings forever?

by Anonymousreply 92July 10, 2018 7:35 PM

Sotto voce: she is said to be a thief.

by Anonymousreply 93July 10, 2018 7:46 PM

I think her creepy whisper talking works better now that she's older.

* about her cleptomania. My family severly dysfunctional and my older sister has been a clepto for as long as I can remember, even as an adult who makes six figures. It sort of a family joke but she denies it. Even if she's got it in her hands. We just laugh. My therapist said it's control thing and a cry for help simulteneously.

by Anonymousreply 94July 10, 2018 8:12 PM

"I think her breasts are real. They are full but not round like implants. She's always been busty."

No, she hasn't. I've seen early pictures of her where she's wearing a low cut black dress; I think she was out with Johnny Depp in those photos. She had no tits. In later photos she has melons where there once was none. So yes, they are definitely fake.

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2018 9:04 PM

Many crazy people are beautiful, luck of the genetic draw. She still is very attractive for her age.

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2018 9:55 PM

Gwynie hates anyone that didn't have to suck Harv's dick for a role.

by Anonymousreply 97July 10, 2018 10:21 PM

Her boobs were always big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2018 10:50 PM

I wonder if some beautiful successful people in showbiz are high functioning on the spectrum. Theres a segment of some high functioning autistics who aren't traditionally social awkward. They are incredibly smart and therefore that doesn't leave them completely socially clueless, as well as being good looking so it kinda goes undetected and they probably have never even been diagnosed..

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2018 10:51 PM

I don't think she had implants, her boobs were always big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2018 10:59 PM

Yeah, she always had big natural boobs, which was surprising given her tiny frame. She does not strike me in any way as the type that would get big implants considering that for many years she dressed like a homeless Amish person. Meaning her big thing was she didn't try to look sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 101July 10, 2018 11:17 PM

"Her boobs were always big."

Nope, they weren't. And no matter how many time you say it (you've repeated yourself several times) there are photos that show she once had a flat chest, and did NOT have the suspiciously round globes that she sported after getting herself a pair of fake tits.

by Anonymousreply 102July 11, 2018 12:01 AM

Did she and Christian Bale used to date? I know that she used to associate with him, I think she was even the one who introduced him to his wife Sibi.

by Anonymousreply 103July 11, 2018 12:14 AM

She was a kid when she started in the industry, as you well know r102, and surprise! boobs grow as women get older.

by Anonymousreply 104July 11, 2018 12:14 AM

Courtney Love once said that Winona had the most perfect breasts she had ever seen. & you know Courtney’s seen a lot of tits in her day.

by Anonymousreply 105July 11, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]there are photos that show she once had a flat chest

well post them then

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 11, 2018 1:01 AM

[quote] there are photos that show she once had a flat chest,

She started out as a child actress. of course she started with flat chest: all women do.

I've put you on "Ignore" because you're so repetitive.

by Anonymousreply 107July 11, 2018 1:05 AM

Winona is a Scorpio sun/ Pieces Moon so of course she’s cray cray

by Anonymousreply 108July 11, 2018 1:20 AM

*Pisces I meant

by Anonymousreply 109July 11, 2018 1:25 AM

"I've put you on "Ignore" because you're so repetitive."

You're the repetitive one, what with your insistence that Ryder always had naturally large breasts on her little stick figure, you silly twat.

by Anonymousreply 110July 11, 2018 1:27 AM

She has lopsided tits

by Anonymousreply 111July 11, 2018 1:38 AM

I don't care if she's a bitch; I don't have to deal with her. She's so quintessential 90s. I probably have a positive image of her due to liking a lot of her 90s stuff and that being a good time in my life. Again, why do I care if she's a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 112July 11, 2018 1:54 AM

This picture is from 1989 (she was 18) and she's already looking pretty ample, especially given how thin she is. There are tons of photos on Google image search of young Winona with big boobs. I'm also sure there were times when she wore clothing that concealed or flattened them, which isn't hard to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 11, 2018 2:15 AM

Heathers promo shot. She would have been 16/17 at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 11, 2018 2:25 AM

Great Balls of Fire premiere. Too droopy to be implants or stuffed/push-up bra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 11, 2018 2:27 AM

OP isn't inept, r88.

The fact is a LOT of threads go unnoticed on DL unless the subject line is basically clickbait. That's what this OP does. And as stupid as it is, it works. If he'd used something more generic this would have died down 75 replies ago.

If you don't like it then maybe stop giving attention to clickbait and start reading other threads for a change.

by Anonymousreply 116July 11, 2018 2:44 AM

R95 may be talking about these photos, which is hilarious because she clearly is not flat chested here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2018 2:47 AM

First she stole our hearts, then she stole our stuff.

by Anonymousreply 118July 11, 2018 2:49 AM

This article hits the "Juicy Article" Hall of Fame!

Google (verb): Jay Kay and Winona Ryder

by Anonymousreply 119July 11, 2018 2:53 AM

I haven’t seen Lucas since the 80s. Did she have hooters in that one?

by Anonymousreply 120July 11, 2018 2:54 AM

She doesn't have those melon tits at R117. She's definitely had work done in the chest area.

by Anonymousreply 121July 11, 2018 2:55 AM

She started developing early. By 12, she was wearing a D-cup, and classmates nicknamed her "Frisbee Nipples".

by Anonymousreply 122July 11, 2018 2:57 AM

That hilariously awful picture of Depp and Ryder at R117 is from 1991. Taken well after the pics at R113 and R115. She's got boobs under that blouson dress at R117, and minus supportive garments they are held up by the miracle of youth. Without some hefty boobs there, the open top of that dress with all that material would open like a loose robe and expose her nipples.

by Anonymousreply 123July 11, 2018 3:02 AM

She dated that hideous dread wearing lead singer of Soul Asylum, which were a one hit wonder band.

But she was also in Mermaids, which had Cher’s second best performance, and got to have sex with that hunk Michael Schoeffling.

by Anonymousreply 124July 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Don’t forget she was Spock’s mother in Star Trek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 11, 2018 3:10 AM

R123 Depp is dressed poorly but his face is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 126July 11, 2018 4:33 AM

R121 doesn't understand the relationship between gravity and a push up bra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2018 5:46 AM

Never thought of as a "talk show-ready" actress like Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lawrence or Drew Barrymore, so the public rarely gets to see the real Winona (or even the talk show-ready Winona). Can you imagine her on WWHL, with Andy playing one of his goofy games with her?

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2018 10:55 AM

Lovvvve Winona Ryder - quirky, weird, pretty, real human.

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2018 11:36 AM

Winona in Edward Scissorhands, filmed in 1990. That's a 32C bust, minimum; more likely a 32D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2018 5:48 PM

She’s apparently an awful person (the most diva-ish blind item I ever read was supposedly about her). She’s also a terrible actress. All of that said, she’s gorgeous and the camera loves her. I think she had great roles in the 80s, too (Edward Scissorhands, Heathers, Mermaids, etc).

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Ed scissor & mermaid were early 90s

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2018 7:01 PM

R131 - I certainly do not know her, but I do know plenty people who work in the business behind the scenes and have done so for 35 years or more. I have never heard about the diva behavior. Kooky, weird, friendly, eclectic - yes. Mean, stuck-up or evil - no. And was stunningly gorgeous in an other-wordly sort of way back in her heyday. He face was angelic and her body envy-educing for women the world over. Judging from her dating life, men found her even more attractive. She has aged nicely also. It's hard to be a knock-out past 40 yoa.

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2018 7:22 PM

"She has aged nicely also."

Not really. She looks strange. She oddly looks young and old at the same time, like some kind of old teenager. She's obviously a very disturbed person; the drug use, the compulsive promiscuity, the serial shoplifting. Look at pictures of her, with those crazy eyes of hers. She is fucked UP. And what about her behavior at the SAG awards where she was making bizarre faces and looking like she was a total nutcase? I wonder what she was on that night. Anyway, I have never heard that she was a particularly nice person. Really fucked up people generally aren't that nice.

by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]Look at pictures of her, with those crazy eyes of hers.

Crazy, but beautiful.

When you have facial structure like this, who needs to be sane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 12, 2018 6:29 AM

I was in the dentist chair when her shoplifting arrest came on the news. My dentist told me the patient before me worked at a pharmacy and said Winona is on all sorts of pills.

(sort of makes you wonder about patient privacy. Sort of surprised the pharmacy worker told on her and that my dentist repeated it. He wasn't a dentist very long. He was like a Doogie Howser type prodigy who went thru school really fast and burned out as a dentist at like 35. Too bad. He was really hot. I had a crush on him.)

by Anonymousreply 136July 12, 2018 8:00 AM

People began to dislike her because she used to pass herself for this smart nice girl and then it turned out she is crazy, on drugs, commits crimes, has bitchy character.

by Anonymousreply 137July 12, 2018 9:59 PM

fake tits fake nose fake persona fake relationships overrated actress

by Anonymousreply 138July 12, 2018 10:11 PM

She seems to be on the edge of crazy...maybe she had too much attention or too much acid.

by Anonymousreply 139July 12, 2018 10:14 PM

Probably molested by a producer.

by Anonymousreply 140July 12, 2018 10:17 PM

Winona Ryder Was Gay-Bashed Out Of High School, Shares The Story In V

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 12, 2018 10:20 PM

Her tits aren’t fake r138.

However she is bat shit insane and she became insufferable at the height of her fame when she was so sour all the time. She was a huge star, banging Johnny Depp at the height of his hotness and she behaved like it was all so tedious. Then she stole stuff and behaved as though an injustice had been done to her when she was caught. Nail in the coffin of her sinking career.

by Anonymousreply 142July 12, 2018 10:33 PM

"Her tits aren’t fake."

And just how would you know? In photos they're now you seem 'em, now you don't. There are photos where she has prominent melons and other photos where there are none. Peculiar, no?

by Anonymousreply 143July 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Winona was all the genX boys fantasy in the 90s. What actress do you think nowadays is like Winona during the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 144July 13, 2018 2:03 AM

Jazz Jennings

by Anonymousreply 145July 13, 2018 2:05 AM

I remember PR people saying by fighting the shoplifting thing she just prolonged it. She even was sort of confrontational with the judge and had bizarre excuses like she helped in the case of that missing murdered girl Polly Klass so she should be forgiven.

Experts were saying if she had just plead guilty, admitted to doing it because of drugs or a mental issue, and done an interview with Oprah she would have been done with the whole mess in a few weeks but it went on for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 146July 13, 2018 2:48 AM

That’s what makes crazy folks so hard to manage:

They just can’t see the cray

by Anonymousreply 147July 13, 2018 2:54 AM

Did her and Keanu date? They have done four movies together.

by Anonymousreply 148July 29, 2018 5:54 PM

R148, I think Dracula was enough.

by Anonymousreply 149July 29, 2018 5:58 PM

Their new movie looks really bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 29, 2018 7:32 PM

She's a crazy liar considering JT Leroy was a fictional character. Does she believe her own delusions? She is STUNNING in this video though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 29, 2018 7:51 PM

Winona and Keeanu are like the male and female version of each other.

by Anonymousreply 152July 29, 2018 9:36 PM

"Winona and Keeanu are like the male and female version of each other."

I don't think so. He was never crazy like she is. And what "four" movies did they do together? I thought they only did one movie together, that execrable "Bram Stoker's Dracula" in which they were both laughably bad.

by Anonymousreply 153July 29, 2018 9:53 PM

Reeves and Ryder were both in Dracula, A Scanner Darkly, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee and now Destination Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 154July 29, 2018 10:00 PM

A Scanner Darkly (Great movie), Dracula, Private Lives of Pippa Lee (Good movie) and now Destination Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 155July 29, 2018 10:02 PM

Age of innocence was a colossal bore though. Not really fair to hold Horowitz to blame for it.

by Anonymousreply 156July 29, 2018 10:07 PM

Beetlejuice Reality Bites Edward Scissorhands Girl, Interrupted Heathers Little Women Age of Innocence Scanner Darkly Black Swan Mermaids Stranger Things

To me that is a quality Filmography. No one from Julia Roberts to Emma Stone comes close in terms of being in movies that I can consistently watch over again throughout the years.

by Anonymousreply 157July 29, 2018 10:13 PM

It was as if Noni didn't even exist during the aughts. and the aughts SUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 158July 29, 2018 10:16 PM

In the 90's I went to a music festival and Soul Asylum was playing. She was there and there was a scuffle between the band that went on before and the Soul Asylum guy, I think she fucked them both and she and the guy were screaming at each other. A band wrote a song about her "Winona's Big Brown Beaver", she had a reputation for fucking a lot of the band guys. Can't say I blame her, she had a lot of hot guys back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 159July 29, 2018 10:17 PM

"To me that is a quality Filmography."

Not really. The movies she has been in have been, by and large, without much substance. And she kept playing the same type over and over: the twitchy, neurotic girl. Even in her twenties and thirties and beyond she still comes across as a girl, not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 160July 29, 2018 10:18 PM

She's the real deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 29, 2018 10:41 PM

R160, plus, even if it's quality filmography, let's not forget she is rarely the best part of those movies.

by Anonymousreply 162July 29, 2018 10:49 PM

You forgot lucas

by Anonymousreply 163July 29, 2018 10:57 PM

I'm still waiting for Beetlejuice 2.

by Anonymousreply 164July 30, 2018 12:59 AM

Brilliant. Just brilliant thespian. She carried THE AGE OF INNOCENCE remarkably. Master class in acting and in humanism.

by Anonymousreply 165July 30, 2018 1:17 AM

"Brilliant. Just brilliant thespian. She carried THE AGE OF INNOCENCE remarkably. Master class in acting and in humanism."

Shut up, Winona. "Briliant thespian?" Girl, you need to take your medication.

by Anonymousreply 166July 30, 2018 1:20 AM

The Age of Innocence is overblown mediocrity, characterized by Winona's tepid performance.

by Anonymousreply 167July 30, 2018 1:56 AM

That’s hilarious r151. I think she told vanity fair the same story.

by Anonymousreply 168July 30, 2018 2:30 AM

I thought the trailer for Destination Wedding was fun! But I looked at the other credits for its director/writer and was pretty much crap. Still, I’m hoping it does well if only to piss off Goop a little.

by Anonymousreply 169July 30, 2018 2:37 AM

She did terrible acting on Jarmusch's "Night on Earth." Also, she should have just pled no contest or guilty for her shoplifting charge instead of taking it to trial and losing.

by Anonymousreply 170July 30, 2018 2:41 AM

For anyone wondering about the Winona hate, I direct you to this thread and its comprehensive R1 which details her alleged horrid behavior via blinds. I would have copied and posted it here, but it's from 2010 when more characters could be fit into one post. Do they predate CDAN or his penchant for confabulation?

The descriptions really do fit her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2018 4:19 AM

Whenever I think of Winona Ryder, I think about how everyone just assumed that one day she'd be a huge star. People talked about her in the industry like it was a foregone conclusion, but she was in one bomb after another. They tried everything to make it happen. She even did an Alien movie and an Adam Sandler(!) movie just so she could be in a hit movie for a change. Nothing worked. Audiences just never took to her. The last straw was Girl, Interrupted when Angelina Jolie came out of it the movie a star and the Oscar winner and it was Winona's movie!

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2018 4:28 AM

she was great in her small part in Black Swan, and I will always love Mermaids

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2018 4:42 AM

Thanks R171, I was thinking of those blind items when so many here were claiming that Ryder was not widely despised in the industry. She had heaps of fans and was a luminous presence on screen but she was hell on wheels in real life.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2018 5:49 AM

Yeah, R174, those stories/gossip were the first that came to mind. The young. sensitive ingenue becomes the horror she beheld. I wonder if her association with inveterate addicts/alcoholics helped mold her into an intolerable neurotic, at best, or pill head, at worst. How did they affect her in future contract negotiations if she kept having junkies in her life? How could she function on the set?

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2018 6:35 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 176July 30, 2018 10:44 PM

I love her. She’ll always be my big star.

by Anonymousreply 177July 30, 2018 11:47 PM

What kinda f*cked up person hates Winona Ryder?

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2018 9:29 PM

It is our duty on this planet to protect Winona at all costs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 5, 2018 6:14 PM

1980s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 5, 2018 6:33 PM

1990s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 5, 2018 6:34 PM

2000s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 5, 2018 6:34 PM

Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 183August 5, 2018 6:35 PM

Never change, Winona...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 20, 2018 11:08 PM

I never heard of a single person who hated her.

by Anonymousreply 185August 20, 2018 11:11 PM

I just recently rewatched Dracula. When I originally saw it I thought she was pretty bad. On the rewatch I decided it was more the movie was bad. There are some beautiful and imaginative shots and nice costumes, but the acting is pretty bad throughout (Goldman's Dracula is not really that compelling and Hopkins is a clown) and the writing is really bad. I am not sue anyone could have pulled of that triangle. Stoker would not have been happy they made his strong heroine act like a love sick teen. I remember when I first saw thinking they should have at least had her a bit more torn and showed she loved her husband but was fighting something she did not understand. On the rewatch, she rand Goldman were not that much less wooden in their love than she and Rivers.

She was good as the quicrky teen type such as in Beetlejuice. I have heard she was good in Little Women. She was pretty shrill in Starnger Things (although she got better). That might have been more the character was just annoying, but I do think some of it was her acting style.

by Anonymousreply 186August 21, 2018 12:05 AM

Now that I am older, I can see that she isnt really a good actor, and she has so many acting tics that are annoying. Just looking at the trailer of her new movie with keanu reeves, they both look and sound awful. She was beyond cool in the 90s though.

by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2018 12:15 AM

Winona's boob job was a reduction. She had naturally huge tits (especially on her small frame) and had them trimmed down. She's talked about it in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 188August 21, 2018 1:17 AM

She had a speech impediment that sounded like she was sucking on a jawbreaker or sourball.

"Did you shee me in Little Women?" They shaid I was glorishly alive"

by Anonymousreply 189August 21, 2018 1:25 AM

I love how after she became famous, her old school bullies asked her for autographs and she told them to fuck off after she told them she never forgot what they did to her.

by Anonymousreply 190August 21, 2018 1:36 AM

If I were Wino's boyfriend I would be pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 25, 2018 3:52 PM

Winona Ryder is one of the most awful people I’ve ever met, and that’s a shame because I loved her work and had nothing but admiration for her outsider roles and edgy image.

She’s one of the shittiest, bitchiest assholes I’ve ever met. She needs fucking electoshock.

by Anonymousreply 192August 25, 2018 4:03 PM

192-Could you please elaborate? What did she do/say that was so awful?

by Anonymousreply 193August 25, 2018 4:15 PM

She screams “borderline”.

by Anonymousreply 194August 25, 2018 4:19 PM

She still looks stunning

by Anonymousreply 195August 25, 2018 4:25 PM

Why hasn't she aged? Faustian Pact?

by Anonymousreply 196August 25, 2018 4:35 PM

Do you think Winona still does drugs?

by Anonymousreply 197August 25, 2018 5:10 PM

R192 please elaborate.....

by Anonymousreply 198August 25, 2018 6:35 PM

We can't take our eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 199August 26, 2018 9:37 AM

Thin, reedy whine-voice.

by Anonymousreply 200August 26, 2018 10:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 29, 2018 9:34 PM

How very.

by Anonymousreply 202August 29, 2018 10:17 PM

Destination Wedding is getting bad reviews. Would love to see her work with more modern "hip" directors like Sofia Coppola or Spike Jonze.

by Anonymousreply 203August 31, 2018 9:04 PM

Tim Burton directed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 31, 2018 10:28 PM

As Sarah Silverman said on Dinner For Fiver years ago, had Winona kept Horowitz as her real last name she never would have been turned into a star or got all those leading roles.

by Anonymousreply 205September 1, 2018 3:22 AM

She became Winona Ryder because a Mitch Ryder record was playing in the background when an agent or reporter? asked for her name. At least that was the story she told to Jane magazine way back. Her parents were big NorCal hippies.

by Anonymousreply 206September 1, 2018 3:35 AM

Why should they love her?

by Anonymousreply 207September 1, 2018 6:47 AM

They love you, but I know you...

by Anonymousreply 208September 3, 2018 8:59 PM

Because she's no Janeane Garofalo

by Anonymousreply 209September 3, 2018 9:05 PM

R203, Destination Wedding is a flop. It was panned by critics (has only 39% on RT, yikes) and bombed at the BO, it's already on Amazon. I guess movie is really awful and people are not really interested in seeing Keanu Reeves and Winona on screen together in rom com.

by Anonymousreply 210September 13, 2018 1:04 PM

scarey psychopathic thief.....

by Anonymousreply 211September 13, 2018 1:09 PM

Because much like her characters --- weird, odd, screwed up, no positive personality traits, not to mention being nasally-challenged --- she's the same way in real life.

That's just what I've been told from Hollywood insiders.

by Anonymousreply 212September 13, 2018 7:24 PM

What does nasally challenged mean? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 213September 13, 2018 8:57 PM

"I also thought she was iconic in THE CRUCIBLE. Another role she should have Oscared for."

You're nuts. She was godawful in that. That movie was SO bad. Daniel Day-Lewis was yet another guy who supposedly had an affair with her. From what I've heard about Ryder she is known for a being slutty and a druggie and mentally ill. Judging from her behavior I believe all of that.

by Anonymousreply 214September 13, 2018 9:04 PM

Calling her "slutty" says more about you than anything else. Her sex life is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 215September 13, 2018 9:07 PM

She has also been dating this stud for years. Hardly "slutty".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 13, 2018 9:10 PM

I don't think she ever apologized for the shoplifting. She's admitted she had mental illness problems at that time, but no, no apologies, at least that I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 217September 13, 2018 9:12 PM

Whom would an apology be directed at? The general public because shoplifters "raise the prices"? Gimme a break!

by Anonymousreply 218September 13, 2018 9:14 PM

"She has also been dating this stud for years. Hardly "slutty."

You don't know anything about her, do you? She was so slutty she got the nickname "Wanna Ride Her." Mentally ill people are often compulsively promiscuous. She's certainly proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 219September 13, 2018 9:17 PM

"Whom would an apology be directed at? The general public because shoplifters "raise the prices"? Gimme a break!"

She could have said "I'm sorry for what I did", you idiot. But she wasn't sorry. She didn't think it was a big dead. She's pathological.

by Anonymousreply 220September 13, 2018 9:18 PM

She sounds like a woman who enjoys sex and is not ashamed. She has a hot body-that's for sure. And if half the guys she has rumored to been with is true, she is a lucky girl!

by Anonymousreply 221September 13, 2018 9:19 PM

[R210] Did it even come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 222September 13, 2018 9:58 PM

Her reputation as wanna rider her only came about by her PR people because she was going to be outed a lesbian. And they knew her fanbase of geek boys would be destroyed.

All her relationships have been fake. Look at her high school picture. She was a boy.

Strictly beards.

Ask Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 223September 13, 2018 10:37 PM

Janeane Garofalo is better.

by Anonymousreply 224September 13, 2018 10:44 PM

"All her relationships have been fake."

I seriously doubt that. The one with Johnny Depp certainly wasn't. I thought they were perfect for each other. Both of them were, and are, crazy.

by Anonymousreply 225September 13, 2018 11:43 PM

R222, yes, it came out on 31 August. Really bad and boring movie.

by Anonymousreply 226September 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Ryder and Reeves are rather long in the tooth to be in a romcom. I guess it was thought their "star power" would bring in people to see it. Didn't happen. Of course it didn't. Reeves and Ryder are not hot young stars anymore, haven't been for a long time. Who the hell would want to see them in a romcom? What a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 227September 14, 2018 8:58 PM

her pussy stinks real bad..REAL BAD...

by Anonymousreply 228September 14, 2018 10:57 PM

She's a 12th Houser, with Neptune in domicile. It wouldn't have mattered if she did it all differently, she'd still be misconstrued and end up on the wrong side of everything at some point. You have to sink to find sunken treasure...

At least we can take comfort that even in her depression years she probably did what she wanted for the most part, and went down swinging (except maybe where Depp was concerned, and fuck him with a working chainsaw for doing what he did to her).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 15, 2018 12:00 AM

R227, Winona doesn't have any star power anymore. ST is a hit, but it's the kids who steal all the attention. Keanu has some power with his John Wick franchise but outside of that public is not very interested in his movies. His Siberia movie this summer was a big flop as well.

by Anonymousreply 230September 18, 2018 6:32 AM

Noni will rise again.

by Anonymousreply 231September 18, 2018 6:46 AM

R231, she will never be a star like in the 90s. That train has gone.

by Anonymousreply 232September 18, 2018 3:26 PM

She's a fucken ICON. Coolest and most interesting actress of her generation.

by Anonymousreply 233September 24, 2018 5:59 PM

She does the crazy mom thing well

by Anonymousreply 234September 24, 2018 6:01 PM

I never knew Winona Ryder and Timothee Chalamet were the same person.

by Anonymousreply 235September 24, 2018 6:09 PM

She is mental. Crazy motherfucker and annoying as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 236September 24, 2018 6:49 PM

THE ORGINAL WDEH thread, the best, and the only arguably necessary one. Though even this one is a silly set up.

by Anonymousreply 237September 29, 2018 12:15 PM

I loved her.

by Anonymousreply 238September 29, 2018 7:17 PM

That whiny voice. Unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 239September 29, 2018 7:24 PM

Yes, she always had this petulant teenage girl's voice. She still does.

by Anonymousreply 240September 29, 2018 8:38 PM

She's beautiful, rich, famous, even though her career cooled. Everyone hates the shit out of a beautiful woman, especially if she doesn't play second fiddle to a man. No surprises there.

by Anonymousreply 241September 30, 2018 6:03 AM

I don't think she was ever hated. She was just considered mentally ill and unreliable. She had two major incidents: backing out of The Godfather at the last moment and then the shop lifting thing that was just considered so odd and strange that people were afraid to hire her for a long time. She's bounced back now with Stranger Things.

by Anonymousreply 242September 30, 2018 6:10 AM

R233, she WAS an icon in 90s. That's long gone. She is a has been now.

by Anonymousreply 243October 1, 2018 3:28 PM

She was allegedly nicknamed Wanna Rideher. I hope she wasn’t another victim of Hollywood’s Pedo Industrial Complex.

by Anonymousreply 244October 1, 2018 3:38 PM

R234, probably because she is crazy in real life.

by Anonymousreply 245October 1, 2018 3:42 PM

I keep hearing she's "SO CRAZY!" but besides some blind items has anyone actually experienced this and could you elaborate? She comes across as very humble and a reserved in interviews-the opposite of "crazy". "Crazy" I will reserve for Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 246October 1, 2018 6:24 PM

"Everyone hates the shit out of a beautiful woman, especially if she doesn't play second fiddle to a man. No surprises there."

You're full of shit. There are plenty of beautiful women who are NOT "hated." And nobody hates her for being beautiful, rich, famous, all that crap. She's been hated because she's a nutty, slutty. druggie kleptomaniac. After all the shoplifting business was over she said she didn't think she'd done anything wrong because she didn't "hurt" anybody. That comment alone is reason enough to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 247October 1, 2018 8:20 PM

"I keep hearing she's "SO CRAZY!" but besides some blind items has anyone actually experienced this and could you elaborate?"

Well, here's a couple of examples. She and Richard Gere worked on an execrable movie called "Autumn In New York." They couldn't stand each other. She was so off the wall that he nicknamed her "Nervous Nellie." And did you catch her appearance on the SAG awards where she was making faces like a lunatic? The excuse for that was that she couldn't' "hear" the guy who was making the speech, but she was standing right near him, so that was a load of bullshit. She has serious mental problems and always has.

by Anonymousreply 248October 1, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote]I hated her in "The Age of Innocence"

That's you're problem. The scene in which she delivers the news to Newland that she is pregnant, wholly aware that this will trap him into the marriage and end his affair with Olenska, who he loves, is devastating.

by Anonymousreply 249October 1, 2018 8:31 PM

Fark. Your ^

by Anonymousreply 250October 1, 2018 8:32 PM

Tell us more, R192.

by Anonymousreply 251October 1, 2018 8:48 PM

So glad she is on one of the most popular shows-Her career is nothing to dismiss. She is totally an icon. LOVE HER! Why hate on her? Hate on J Law or frog face Emma Stone.

by Anonymousreply 252October 2, 2018 6:18 PM

I don't hate her. But she's a horrible actress imo. I just watched The Iceman from 2012. Not a good movie. Her writers didn't give her much but good actors can sometimes turn bad writing into something watchable. She can't. I'd rank her alongside Ali MacGraw and Diana Scarwid.

by Anonymousreply 253October 2, 2018 6:46 PM

Winona Ryder was great in a lot of films - I like her a lot !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 2, 2018 6:49 PM

"She is totally an icon. "

She's not a fucking '"icon." She never was, although she was some kind of "It Girl" for a while, especially when she was hooked up with Johnny Depp. And she's in tv now because her film career has been in the toilet for along time. Oh she still does the occasion film, but it's usually a small cameo role or a leading role in a crummy movie. Her latest attempt is some godawful romcom with Keanu Reeves that sank like a stone.

by Anonymousreply 255October 2, 2018 9:13 PM

Depp & Ryder were the "it" couple for quite awhile. Now, look at them. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 256October 3, 2018 1:54 AM

Depp just got the cover of British GQ which is so fucking sad. The usual fake image calling him an outlaw on the cover. Pathetic and FALSE. The guy has someone hired to rip his jeans and dirty his boots. Totally sham image.

It's astonishing he's still around. Or alive.

by Anonymousreply 257October 3, 2018 2:26 AM

I think her face at the SAG awards was more due to confusion. David Harbour (who is bipolar) was clearly having a manic episode and his speech was an odd rallying cry like he was preparing to lead troops into battle.

by Anonymousreply 258October 3, 2018 2:31 AM

I hate her because she had a bowel movement on my balcony.

by Anonymousreply 259October 3, 2018 3:04 AM

I find it rather telling that she’s almost 50 and has never been married.

by Anonymousreply 260October 3, 2018 3:58 AM

R260 Who are you to judge?

by Anonymousreply 261October 3, 2018 5:03 AM

Because she is a nutty kleptomaniac who actually is a very limited actress with a limited range. Her glory days were in 90s and are over.

by Anonymousreply 262October 3, 2018 2:33 PM

Someone has an unhealthy hatred of this woman. You would think she ran over their dog or something. Dont believe everything you read in gossip rags. I was always under the impression that she played her by her own rules regarding her career and the powers that be in Hollywood do not like that-They can take you down and leak info true or not.

by Anonymousreply 263October 3, 2018 4:49 PM

I wonder if she and Bono are still fucking? They were quite the item at one time.

by Anonymousreply 264October 3, 2018 11:15 PM

R263, Hollywood didn't take her down, she did it all by herself.

by Anonymousreply 265October 5, 2018 6:09 AM

R264, if they are still fucking it means she is cheating on her BF then, lol.

by Anonymousreply 266October 5, 2018 6:11 AM

possibly the fugiest and least talented woman to achieve 'stardumb'...

good old poppa coppola...

by Anonymousreply 267October 5, 2018 10:50 AM

I'm envious. She's pretty and during her cum pig years she hoovered a lot of fine dick.

by Anonymousreply 268October 5, 2018 11:03 AM

R268, too bad it didn't keep her sane.

by Anonymousreply 269October 5, 2018 3:11 PM

[quote] Was she really as big a butch as they say?

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 270October 5, 2018 3:43 PM

"if they are still fucking it means she is cheating on her BF then, lol."

And her cheating on her boyfriend is beyond the realm of possibility? Not with THIS chick. She's Wanna Ride Her, after all.

by Anonymousreply 271October 5, 2018 4:21 PM

I'd LOVE for her to do a tell all biography, and sell it, would make for a fantastic set of projects. Her image is what it is, she should capitalize on her infamy while she can. If she doesn't others will given her background in the business and lists of former friends/flings. Could be epic.

Also, NEVER see any mention of her in 1969 with RJD (their mom was the most interesting character in the movie) had a great soundtrack but was really thorough crap!

by Anonymousreply 272October 6, 2018 1:29 AM

I don't think she'd ever do a "tell all" biography, unless she was really hard up for money. She would never want to come clean about her mental illness, her drug use, her promiscuity, her kleptomania.

by Anonymousreply 273October 6, 2018 1:31 AM

She is waaay too private of a person to write a tell-all. That is part of her allure. The only time she opened up to the full extent when was she was promoting Girl, Interrupted and discussed dealing with depression and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 274October 7, 2018 8:52 PM

Poor Winona! I guess she thought "Girl, Interrupted" would be her crowning achievement and that she'd be nominated for an Oscar. But it turned out to be a melodramatic piece of crap (Susanna Kaysen, the author of the memoir it was based on, hated it) and Angelina Jolie totally stole her thunder, winning an Oscar (which she didn't deserve). However, her perpetually twitchy, nervous teenage look and manner served her well in that movie, though. She was 27 playing a 17 year.

by Anonymousreply 275October 8, 2018 12:12 AM

R275, well she is still perpetually twitchy with nervous look and teenage voice.

by Anonymousreply 276October 8, 2018 3:41 PM

Her and Johnny remind me of a 90's Selena and Justin.

by Anonymousreply 277October 15, 2018 8:51 PM

Is it fair to compare her to Debra Winger?

by Anonymousreply 278November 4, 2018 4:19 PM

puss stinks

by Anonymousreply 279November 5, 2018 4:18 AM

She has extraordinarily beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 280November 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Batsh*t crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 5, 2018 6:12 AM

[quote] Her father's family was originally named "Tomchin" but took the surname "Horowitz" when they immigrated to the United States.

Fuckin weird.

by Anonymousreply 282November 5, 2018 6:19 AM

forget the vagina, the armpits odor makes you want to vomit vociferously.

by Anonymousreply 283November 5, 2018 12:06 PM

She has crazy eyes

by Anonymousreply 284November 5, 2018 6:02 PM

"Is it fair to compare her to Debra Winger?"

No. They're both crazy but Ryder's craziness is different from Winger's.

by Anonymousreply 285November 5, 2018 8:56 PM

why honeypie I reckon she jus hates her own little ole self....

her real calling was to be a librarian, who steals art books from the library from the Rare Book Collection.

by Anonymousreply 286November 6, 2018 1:56 PM

Alien 4, R50

by Anonymousreply 287November 6, 2018 2:36 PM

She gives great interviews. She has warmth and charm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 6, 2018 11:09 PM

Longer hair suits her now that she is mature.

by Anonymousreply 289November 6, 2018 11:14 PM

"Longer hair suits her now that she is mature."

Mature in age. But she still gives the impression of being a nutty teenage girl.

by Anonymousreply 290November 6, 2018 11:54 PM

I bet she votes straight ticket Green party.

by Anonymousreply 291November 6, 2018 11:58 PM

R290 No, she does not. She gives off an Earth mother vibe.

by Anonymousreply 292November 7, 2018 12:02 AM

"No, she does not. She gives off an Earth mother vibe."

No, she gives off a crazy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 293November 7, 2018 12:44 AM

Are her brothers Yuri and Jubal cute?

by Anonymousreply 294November 7, 2018 12:59 AM

her breath smelled like toilet seat and tampon.

by Anonymousreply 295November 7, 2018 5:31 AM

She was a 90's fashion icon.

by Anonymousreply 296November 7, 2018 4:41 PM

R296. She was. Now she is a nutty has been.

by Anonymousreply 297November 8, 2018 5:19 PM

beautiful gowns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298November 8, 2018 7:48 PM

Beautiful woman-so glad she is A list again. She deserves the best after the way Hollywood chewed-her-up and spat-her-out.

by Anonymousreply 299November 9, 2018 6:03 PM

Best actress of her generation.

by Anonymousreply 300November 9, 2018 7:47 PM

She's not "A-list." She's doing tv because her film career is over. And she was never "the best actress of her generation." She was a Hollywood It Girl for a time, but that time has been long over.

by Anonymousreply 301November 9, 2018 7:57 PM

She's the lead in one of the most popular TV shows around. She is A+ list.

by Anonymousreply 302November 9, 2018 8:35 PM

"She's the lead in one of the most popular TV shows around. She is A+ list."

Uh, no. She's reduced to tv work because she can't get lead roles in films anymore. That's not "A+ list.." You must be her agent or something.

by Anonymousreply 303November 9, 2018 8:42 PM

Jonah Hill, Emma Stone, Matthew Mcconaughey, James Franco, Kirsten Dunst, Reese Withersppon, Nicole Kidman and many others do TV now. All A list.

by Anonymousreply 304November 9, 2018 8:56 PM

STUNNING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 9, 2018 10:43 PM

"Jonah Hill, Emma Stone, Matthew Mcconaughey, James Franco, Kirsten Dunst, Reese Withersppon, Nicole Kidman and many others do TV now. All A list."

Ryder does it because she HAS to. She doesn't get major roles anymore. Her latest effort (an awful romcom with Keanu Reeves) sank like a stone.

by Anonymousreply 306November 9, 2018 11:07 PM

Whether Ryder is A-list or not is a perfectly valid discussion topic, but appearing in a television/streaming series is not proof of anything. The model where "movies" outrank "tv" is long over, and anyone who still follows that line of thinking is living in the 90s. Or is Tom Cruise. Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 307November 10, 2018 10:13 AM

Ryder is not A- list anymore. She doesn't have any projects besides ST series and if she occasionally gets any projects they flop like her latest movie. And even in ST series she is not the main draw as that girl who plays Eleven stole all the hype and thunder.

by Anonymousreply 308November 10, 2018 2:10 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 10, 2018 2:12 PM

Beautiful eyes with depth and passion

by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2018 5:44 PM

R310, with deep batshit insane look yeah.

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2018 7:42 PM

What's wrong with her at R309? Or is that one of her normal facial expressions? I think it probably is.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2018 7:50 PM

She is quirky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2018 8:16 PM

We hated her because she was stupid enough to leave her "Shakespeare In Love" script on the table where GOOP was able to steal it and steal the role away from her, thereby ruining a potentially good movie.

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2018 8:29 PM

she's superb

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2018 9:25 PM

I just started watching Stranger Things. WTF is going on with her voice? Is the affectation intentional? And her wig is horrid; it's like helmet, it never moves!

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2018 9:30 PM

Her glory days are behind her. Hélas, comme pour beaucoup d'entre nous.

by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2018 9:43 PM

She is amazing in Stranger Things-several prestigious nominations. She is adored by Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2018 9:49 PM

R318, adored by Hollywood? Ahaha ha. Sure that's why Hollywood dumped her for years, she got zero awards for ST (she got one as part of whole ensemble) and Hollywood doesn't offer her new projects.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2018 10:02 PM

She respects her free-time and that is important for her mental health. She is choosy about her career.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2018 10:09 PM

R320,sure, perfect excuse when nobody actually offers you good projects. As for choosy, don't even pretend it, her latest movie was real garbage.

by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2018 11:28 PM

"She is amazing in Stranger Things-several prestigious nominations. She is adored by Hollywood."

"Adored by Hollywood?" Oh shut the fuck up, you stupid troll. You're as crazy as she is.

by Anonymousreply 322November 11, 2018 12:38 AM

She wasted her talent and lacked ambition.

by Anonymousreply 323November 11, 2018 12:40 AM

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2018 Blind Item #10 How long has it been since you heard this former almost A- list mostly movie actress walking out of a store with something that doesn't belong to her. It used to be an everyday thing back in the day. Apparently it happened this weekend, but she says it is all a misunderstanding and that the owners didn't call the police. She just forgot to take out a pair of earrings she tried on before walking out of the store. POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 11:00 AM

by Anonymousreply 324November 20, 2018 6:14 PM

That girl got talent, she just couldn't leave the store without STEALING!

by Anonymousreply 325November 20, 2018 7:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326November 20, 2018 8:55 PM

That's a common trick used by shoplifters; try something on and walk out of the store wearing it. Poor Winona, still stealing to get a thrill.

by Anonymousreply 327November 20, 2018 9:01 PM

Poor Winona, still crazy, still stealing.

by Anonymousreply 328November 20, 2018 9:06 PM

She is a muse for many many musicians who have wrote whole albums about her-such as Beck and Page Hamilton from Helmet. Pete Yorn, Ryan Adams, Conor Oberst, Wilco, Mathew Sweet and so many many more have written many songs. She is a legend.

by Anonymousreply 329December 20, 2018 8:48 PM

"She is a legend."

In your own mind, maybe. But the public at large knows her for what she is: a neurotic, slutty, druggie kleptomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 330December 20, 2018 11:09 PM

2019 will be Winona's year! I predict many awards and a role in a new hit movie. I also predict some sort of lifetime achievement award.

by Anonymousreply 331January 1, 2019 6:38 PM

she is amazing

by Anonymousreply 332January 20, 2019 8:07 PM

R330 you are a moron, that theft is ancient news!!She is back and better than ever!

by Anonymousreply 333January 20, 2019 8:10 PM

On the contrary, the audience loved her.

by Anonymousreply 334January 20, 2019 8:13 PM

R330 This bitch hoebag has 20+ hate posts on this thread . Can you say, hater with no life!!! keep winning Winona ,keep this bitch pressed!

by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2019 8:14 PM

R331, R332, R333, R334, R335 is the same sniveling cunt who keeps spewing his/her love for the slutty, druggie mentally ill hot mess that is Winona Ryder. Can you say, brain dead fangurl with no life!!! The poor thing, thinks "Winona (he/she has the delusion that they're on a first name basis)" is "winning" when she's just barely hanging on. Boy, any criticism of Ryder sure does trigger this bitch!

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2019 11:16 PM

Kylie Jenner has a print of her Winona in her living room...

by Anonymousreply 337February 18, 2019 2:53 AM

Ryder is lovely, and a very good actress. Who WOULDN'T like her??

And I liked her bitter, sleazy turn in [italic]Black Swan. I hadn't seen her for a while, before that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 18, 2019 3:08 AM

R336 your brain is what is barely hanging on!

by Anonymousreply 339February 18, 2019 4:12 AM

This Monday: Janeane Garofalo will join Ben Stiller, Ethan Hawke, and Winona Ryder on The Tonight Show for the 25th Anniversary of "Reality Bites".

by Anonymousreply 340February 18, 2019 5:14 AM

I don't think that Ryder is a great actress, yet she's far more interesting to watch than her contemporary GOOP. And I love her late career resurgence. She was the best thing in Black Swan, she was better in Star Trek than the role merited, and she's great as the stressed/crazy mom in Stranger Things.

by Anonymousreply 341February 18, 2019 5:59 AM

R331, 2019 will be Winona's year ? Dude, she doesn't have any projects, the only thing she has is season 3 of ST and even that is promoted with the focus on kids characters and not on her. R340, it was cancelled. Who cares about this movie anyway 25 years after.

by Anonymousreply 342February 18, 2019 9:54 PM

R342 and yet here you are bitching about Winona like a pressed little bitch with nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 343February 18, 2019 9:58 PM

R343 judging by this comment the one who is really pressed here is you.

by Anonymousreply 344February 18, 2019 9:59 PM

R344 go wash your pussy , it stinks!

by Anonymousreply 345February 18, 2019 10:04 PM

R345, Winona, honey, is that you? Forget to take your pills today? Or took too much?

by Anonymousreply 346February 19, 2019 7:02 AM

Isn't it funny - Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder were the IT Hollywood couple and huge stars of their generation. Now look at them - Ryder is a mental case with pill drugs problems and Depp is a druggie and boozer. Depp's career has tanked and Ryder is not doing exactly better. Who could have thought?

by Anonymousreply 347February 19, 2019 8:52 AM

I think Barrymore also spread a lot of lies about her...jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 348February 19, 2019 9:00 AM

I don't think she was hated. It was just that the shop lifting thing (plus other stuff in the past like quitting Godfather 3 at the last minute) made her seem unreliable. Plus she never did a big mia culpa Barbara Walters type interview explaining why she was stealing. (painkiller addiction is what I've heard.) So people assumed she was just crazy and odd and unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 349February 19, 2019 9:24 AM

R349, actually she always acted like her shoplifting wasn't big deal. That's what put off a lot people- it was clear she didn't feel sorry for what she did. I mean who wants to employ a person who has mental problems, drugs problems and weird case of kleptomania? Such person can be unpredictable on set, during press tour and promotion. And there are lots of actresses who don't have such problems.

by Anonymousreply 350February 19, 2019 10:14 AM

Oh yes r350. That's right. She prolonged the thing by fighting the case for years. Had she just said I was on to much medication, plead guilty and just done some community service it would have been over in a few months. But it dragged on. She was even mouthy with the judge at the trial as I remember.

by Anonymousreply 351February 19, 2019 10:18 AM

R348, Winona's enemy was GOOP, not Barrymore. Considering GOOP's connections - Steven Spielberg as godparent, Weinstein - I'm pretty sure it also played a part why Hollywood ditched Winona.

by Anonymousreply 352February 19, 2019 11:04 AM

I always wondered why Drew and Winona were never acquainted with each other-Like ever. Not one photo of them together in the 90s. Both same age, music gals etc.

by Anonymousreply 353February 19, 2019 9:05 PM

She looked so fucking bitchy in the pictures from that trial. I just wanted to slap her. And I used to be a fan.

by Anonymousreply 354February 19, 2019 9:06 PM

R352 Fun Fact: Spielberg is Drew Barrymore's godfather too.

by Anonymousreply 355February 19, 2019 9:39 PM

My sister suffers from severe bouts of depression resulting from childhood sexual abuse and she told me that she compulsively steals when she's very depressed. She feels guilty and donates the stuff the charity anonymously when she's less depressed.

Winona talked about her mental illness when Girl,, Interrupted came out, so I wonder if she steals for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 356February 19, 2019 9:43 PM

R356, of course she steals because she is mental and on drugs, that's hardly a mystery. The point is that she never felt sorry about what she's done. During her trial she had those ridiculous t-shirts "free Winona" as if she was some political prisoner unjustly prosecuted. It was a dumb move and it also revealed to people her true self. She used to have an image of smart, intellectual young actress who was talented in playing the characters who were different. But then it turned out she was actually not smart at all, was unapologetic about her own crimes and was so good playing nervous and strange characters because she just basically was playing herself.

by Anonymousreply 357February 20, 2019 6:55 AM

I remember her lawyer Mark Geragos speaking at length about how Winona had helped the family of Polly Klass that kidnapped girl and the judge sort of smacking him down and saying something like so what? She still shoplifted.

by Anonymousreply 358February 20, 2019 7:41 AM

There must have been resentment towards her years before the shoplifting. Remember how she was favored to win the Oscar for The Age of Innocence and then lost to a little kid? (Anna Paquin)

I was in the dentist chair when the story came on the news about her arrest. The dentist said: the last guy in here works in a pharmacy and said she is on all sorts of pills. (So much for medical privacy laws I guess.)

by Anonymousreply 359February 20, 2019 7:43 AM

theif !!!! don't have her in ur house!!

by Anonymousreply 360February 20, 2019 10:31 AM

I think that her time as an A-list star just ended like it does with 95% of females in Hollywood. The men can (sometimes...) last longer, but everyone's time in the sun comes to an end. She was wrong for shoplifting but she certainly is not some sort of evil, vile person because of it. I think that substance abuse coupled with a cry for attention were culprits. If you watch the video, she was basically BEGGING to get caught. A talented thief she is not - and she wasn't attempting to be either. If bad publicity is better than no publicity - she was following that theory to fruition. Many Gen Xers love her; I find her very nostalgic as well. She remains a fascinating, beautiful actress (considered one of the most beautiful in her day).

by Anonymousreply 361February 20, 2019 10:45 AM

I love her and always will. As a kid who grew up with Beetlejuice and Heathers and Reality Bites, she is an icon. She is quirky. Love her eyes. I worry about her mental health from time to time. I can't fathom why one would hate her.

by Anonymousreply 362February 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Totally agree R362.

by Anonymousreply 363February 20, 2019 11:10 AM

I miss the days when she was the "it" girl, interesting, cool. Now we have JLaw...

by Anonymousreply 364February 20, 2019 12:41 PM

R359, idk about resentment, maybe there was, but it's clear that despite her IT Girl status Hollywood wasn't falling over itself to give her an Oscar. She wasn't Academy's darling. And her career was already declining in the second half of 90s, even before shoplifting. Then her shoplifting made her practically unemployable for any good projects. Yes, Generation X liked her and she is still good for them for nostalgia sake, but that's it. In terms of acting chops she is not great, but she was helped by her looks when she was young. Now, when her looks fade, she doesn't have enough acting talent to offer.

by Anonymousreply 365February 20, 2019 1:15 PM

The Academy is interesting. Sometimes they reward actual talent and other times it seems more like a popularity contest. Whatever the case, while I do love Winona - she was never really Oscar-caliber IMO.

by Anonymousreply 366February 20, 2019 7:47 PM

That said....about 75% of the actors who do get awarded are not Oscar-caliber either.

by Anonymousreply 367February 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Winona was never the actual talent.

by Anonymousreply 368February 21, 2019 1:56 PM

R357 I don't think those "Free Winona" shirts were hers, IIRC a novelty tee company released them as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 369February 23, 2019 12:31 AM

R358 I remember how Klass' father publicly defended her.

by Anonymousreply 370February 23, 2019 12:32 AM

she got bad mojo

by Anonymousreply 371February 23, 2019 12:47 AM

R370 I think that was the prosecutor, not the judge.

by Anonymousreply 372February 23, 2019 5:21 PM

Cause she would not get big fat fake tittys like Christina Hendricks...

by Anonymousreply 373February 24, 2019 4:40 AM

R369,she posed in that dumb t-shirt for photos and magazine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374February 24, 2019 10:15 AM

Omg she has ruined so many decent films.....her face/voice denote zzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 375February 24, 2019 2:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!