Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Hiddleston might not be such a nice guy

I love reading tweets about nasty things he's done. These idiotic teen girls believe everything nice said about him. He's really a vicious queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 22, 2020 11:56 PM

Who ?

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2018 3:32 PM

Tom Hiddleston had a long string of PR disasters. The public perception of him is already pretty negative.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2018 3:35 PM

What's Jeff Goldblum doing there?

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2018 3:36 PM

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2018 3:37 PM

I'd imagine he has some psycho fans from playing Loki. Can't blame him for being a bitch towards them.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2018 3:58 PM

Surprised to see a few commentors on Twitter referring to him being closeted.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2018 4:46 PM

But that’s not his public image R5. His public image is that he’s patient and nice even to crazy people. He is Mother Theresa. That’s what he wants us to believe.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2018 4:47 PM

Why does this surprise you R6?

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2018 4:49 PM

He's a Supervillain!

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2018 4:52 PM

He couldn't be any more of the absolute stereotype of an insufferable British actor even if he tried. The kind that Ricky Gervais would mock in his show "Extras"

Didn't he even tell some story about people in Africa watching his series and it brought them from the brink of death or some nonsense like that, while collecting some award? I know it was something ludicrous. And he's the kind who can't wait to mention his "training" and "university."

He's a walking satire.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2018 4:53 PM

There have been multiple items about his beards, especially when he needs :"Arm Candy" for award shows.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2018 5:01 PM

Not seeing the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2018 6:21 PM

There's a whole group of mentally ill weirdos who stalk celebrities around NYC and want photos with them to post on Instagram, even though they have multiple photos with the same celebrity. It's harassment. And when the celebrity doesn't want to play along, they trash them on social media and say they hate their fans. Some celebrities, like Harry Styles have taken out restraining orders against them.

I don't blame celebrities for lashing out at them.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2018 6:28 PM

I stand by what I said @R10 that he's one of those insufferable actors, but I can't stand members of the public who expect every celebrity to be "on" every single day.

If he's nice to fans 364 days out of the year, why should the one day when he's not feeling like talking supposed to determine his reputation? Face it, a lot of you fans are needy assholes.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2018 6:30 PM

Gay men in heat are not nice guys. Tell me something I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2018 6:58 PM

[quote]but I can't stand members of the public who expect every celebrity to be "on" every single day.

Seriously. People expect celebrities to always be willing to talk and takes selfies with fans 24/7 365 days a year. They are not allowed to leave their home without being a product for their fans entertainment. If they don't accommodate every human being who intrudes into their life they are a stuck up bitch.

It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2018 7:03 PM

I don't blame celebrities for getting sick of stupid shit

I once saw Drew Barrymore in an airport probably 8 or so years ago. She was coming off some late ass flight, obviously exhausted, but trying to be nice to this psycho woman. After about 3 photos in various poses, Drew said something like "Okay, last one, I seriously have to go home." Crazy lady keeps on, finally Drew says, "Ok, thanks, I'm out" and whatever body guard blocks the lady who then starts screaming "I PAY FOR YOUR FUCKING MOVIES, YOU INGRATE. I'M THE FUCKING REASON YOU CAN FLY FIRST CLASS" and this string of crazy shit. Drew just turns around and says "really, wow, thanks."

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2018 7:05 PM

R17 Drew should have stopped after the first pose.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2018 7:20 PM

OP, thank you for posting a photo of the much more attractive Jeff Goldblum, instead of the jackel-faced subject we are actually discussing.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Yep, R17, and that was my point. And these imbeciles like this woman will go and tell everyone how awful Barrymore was to her despite her being very patient with that idiot. Sorry to be harsh, but I think if you're over 21 and acting like that woman, you're a loser. I've seen celebrities a lot and I've never had the compunction to ask for pics or autographs. Not since I was like 16 and in love with half the NY Mets.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2018 7:31 PM

There's nothing here that can't be solved, for a time, by doing a full-frontal nudity scene.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2018 7:33 PM

Christ, am I the only DLer here who would fuck him in a heartbeat?!

As for "arm candy" at awards shows: I don't think Hiddleston has ever shown up on the red carpet with an actual female date - they've all been female cast members. The only "date" he showed up with was his PR agent. The debacle with TayTay was over before it began. I'll give him that much: he's never shown up with a beard at an awards ceremony. It's gone as far as Swift as far as I know and apart from her he hasn't had even a pretend GF in years.

He can be insufferable in public and I think he's rather stunted emotionally. But I must admit that every time I see him as an actor, I'm pleasantly surprised. He really can act and that seems to be the one arena where he's completely sincere. He may succeed or fail at a role but he never phones it in, and I thought the Hank Williams biopic extremely brave of him. I think he loves his craft, if nothing else.

And I find his lanky form, voice, and the occasional package glimpses more than encouraging.

Lastly, I think he handled the Swfit meltdown with surprising grace.

All right, he's a bit insufferable in some situations. But, ah - I'd do it without a moment's hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2018 1:02 AM

This @veruwatson chick sounds certifiable --- her entire twitter feed is about snagging some famous person or another to be in a photo of her but then she whinges about people cancelling social engagements with her. Hmmm, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2018 1:19 AM

He does seem insufferable, but he's a good actor. It's too bad he didn't get more awards attention for that Hank Williams biopic. I saw it on cable and it wasn't very good, but he was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2018 1:33 AM

R24 - Agree. The directors and writers really let down an excellent cast, not just Hiddleston - it takes skill to lend tension to a biopic where everyone knows what happens at the end, and the director failed to give the narrative any strength. Considering Hiddleston did his own pluckin' and singin', I thought it a remarkable stretch for an posh boy from Cambridge by way of Eton with a double first in Classics. He's very bright, and talented, but I think peculiarly unformed in some ways. But I thought he did a more than creditable job in this.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2018 1:24 PM

I hate to burst OPs bubble but a friend of mine worked on the Avengers movies quite closely with the cast and only had nice things to say about him. He included people socially who looked lonely or left out and even had cards and gifts for the entire crew after filming ended.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2018 1:36 PM

R26 Any other gossip about the cast members?

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2018 6:05 PM

Yes r26 any more details about Avenger cast? Sebastian Stan?

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2018 7:08 PM

Her favorites were Hemsworth, Hiddleston and Cobie Smulders. She found Natalie Portman insufferable. ( she really didnt want to be there apparently and was dismssive of the crew.) I don't think she worked with Stan or Evans. All in all great productions to work on.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2018 7:18 PM

[Quote] She found Natalie Portman insufferable. ( she really didnt want to be there apparently and was dismssive of the crew.

I wonder why she even bothered signing up in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2018 7:31 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2018 7:40 PM

R30 they needed someone whose wooden acting would make Helmsworth look better by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2018 7:41 PM

R32 Lol

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote]I'll give him that much: he's never shown up with a beard at an awards ceremony.

He was nauseating with Suzannah Fielding at TIFF and a few other awards shows in the UK. She dumped him not long after.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2018 10:37 PM

R26 Did she work on the Avengers movies or Thor movies cause Portman wasn't in both.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2018 12:20 AM

R34 - Fielding was a long time ago - she was the only one, if I remember, and I heard he dumped her and she kept hoping for a long time.

R29 - unsurprising - the word insufferable was coined for that cunt Portman, and it shows in her performance in Avengers - totally phoned in.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2018 1:19 AM

R26 she worked on both Thor movies and Avengers age of Ultron.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2018 1:22 AM

R26 I don’t care who you claim your friend to be. I’m not convinced he’s that kind without being fake. I’d rather a person whose honest enough to be a bitch like Portman. Hiddleston has a saccharine image and it’s vomit inducing. It doesn’t surprise me that he’s overly polite when he’s at his job but not when the cameras aren’t there. Even from this description and interviews of his he seems like Fred Rogers. If he were this person, your alleged friend describes, then ask yourself why he would yell at his fans.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2018 3:29 AM

[quote] "Did you ask him for something? Cos once We stopped him on a street and he shouted at us".

This is the 2nd tweet from OP's strange London-based girl. So this girl (along with someone else) suddenly "stopped" a celeb cold "on the street" - and then demanded photos / autographs?

If you try to stop people on the street (esp. if they're busy walking to a destination, and esp. in a chaotic city like London), regardless of celebrity - you'll often be told to kindly get out of the way. People will only generally stop if you need urgent help (e.g. lost and asking for directions).

The only places where it's good manners to oblige fans are at designated events: at film premieres, outside theatres after plays, at book signings, talks and conventions.

I've seen many celebs around London - most local Brits abide by the good manners book and don't bother celebs on the street, in restaurants, in grocery shops, in public transportation, etc. I saw Colin Farrell in a restaurant, Colin Firth in an airport lounge, Kit Harrington on the Underground (subway), Tom Daley at Whole Foods and at the airport, etc. - no one (and I mean not a single Brit) came up to them and interrupted their private business. Everyone politely minded their own business.

Also, is there an actual video / evidence of the incident? If not, there's no point discussing it as this Tweeter user is a random person, who may or may not be spinning a tale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2018 4:05 AM

[QUOTE]then ask yourself why he would yell at his fans.

Not really a fan though, is she? She's a stalker, as others have pointed out. Look at her Twitter, it's a stream of photos of her with celebrities. Hell look at her pinned tweet - "Today took so much of my patience and energy but I met Gary Oldman again" - she's the type who camps out at airports to get photos with celebrities - and even their wives, in Gary Oldman's case.

Anyway it's clear you've made your mind up about him and only want people to confirm that. Wouldn't shock me to find out you're the crazy stalker chick.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2018 4:39 AM

[QUOTE]So many people asking lol. Saw him walking down the road. Didn’t want to stop him in the middle of a street so just walked with him to the theatre and asked for a photo there.

Yep, the crazy bitch is a stalker who literally follows celebrities to get a photo taken with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2018 4:42 AM

Some random stranger accosts you in the street and insists that, not only does she get a photo with you, but that she moves in creepily close so it looks like you are almost hugging - since when is this not harassment ? Because they are famous ?

This is a grown woman behaving like a needy teenage girl .

Too many people are obsessed with shallow celebrity and fame and we now have to live with how that has changed our society for the worse. Add mobile phone technology and you have a perfect storm of inanity.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2018 4:59 AM

[quote]I hate to burst OPs bubble but a friend of mine worked on the Avengers movies quite closely with the cast and only had nice things to say about him. He included people socially who looked lonely or left out and even had cards and gifts for the entire crew after filming ended.

That might be true but they're his co-workers. That's completely different than a "fan." Not only did he work with those people, he might have worked with some of them before and he might have to work with those people again. He pays to be nice to the cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2018 5:47 AM

Why is this weird, pathetic Frau stalking all these multiple, different celebs on the streets of London? Literally stalking - secretly following them behind their backs for some time to their personal destination (like with Aidan Turner @ R41). What the hell is wrong with her?

It seems she only does it to brag to her Twitter followers. Because without it she’s not a person of interest.

If her story is even true, then good that at least one celeb didn’t condone or tolerate her OTT professional stalker behaviour and told her off. Don’t feed or encourage the crazy, ladies & gents.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2018 8:36 AM

They must get pretty sick of the mental fan/ stalkers. I'd probably end up punching someone if I were famous.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2018 12:43 PM

Back away from Turner, bitch, before I cut that arm off you have around him.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2018 1:09 PM

I worked with him and he was basically a pretty nice, decent person. He’s not gay unless he’s extremely deeply closeted. His fans are off the charts insane.

I’ve heard there is one particular crazie who’s recently been going round all the gossip blogs and sites and even those awful Tumblr blogs starting and submitting identical posts about how awful and evil he is. Like went on some crazy rampage just in the last week. I’ve seen identical “isn’t Tom secretly awfup” pop up all over the place, obviously from the same person and obviously pretty obsessed. So take anything you read with a pinch of salt, because there are some scary obsessed people out there.

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2018 3:22 PM

R39 Tom, you really should be trying to find work or a new beard.

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2018 3:46 PM

Any interesting stories from your time working with him, R47?

I rather like Hiddleston as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2018 3:46 PM

So R47 has worked with Tom, I would guess on a film or on stage, but just happens to have heard about something happening on gossip blogs and tumblr concerning Hiddleston. I'm sure a lot of people involved in entertainment spend their free time scouring the internet for gossip about people they once worked with. Sure. Yep. Sounds totally legit.

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2018 3:51 PM

R47 - I think the "extremely deeply closeted" nails it. He's a grown man (he's now 37) and has never to my knowledge been seriously involved with a woman. If anything should have told you the truth, it was the Swift debacle. ffs, even his mother cooperated, allowing herself to be photographed at the family estate in England with them, with Hiddleston carrying giving his young niece a piggy-back ride. Just the gentry out for a stroll on the estate, with the paps happening to be right there! I think Swift was even wearing Wellies in the photo. She's totally after the Madonna/Guy Ritchie thing, maybe she'll have better luck with Alwyn. But it was all so obviously orchestrated to give Hiddleston some "relationship" backstory that it was painful. If he were straight, he wouldn't have needed it.

That said, I don't know what says more about Hiddleston: that he got out fast when he realised Swift was the mother of all PR mistakes, or that he's kept his mouth shut about it since he got out.

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2018 4:06 PM

R47 that's Shaitana, and she is undoubtedly the OP of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2018 4:08 PM

Jeff Goldblum is obviously gay

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2018 4:19 PM

R36 That fielding relationship seemed staged to me at the time also. He’s super gay if you ask me. Something about the vibe they had together seemed off. This was even before Hiddleswift.

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2018 4:33 PM

What is it with people who are desperate for straight me to be gay? Just because you haven't been in a long-term relationship means you're gay? That's seriously the only possible explanation? No, it isn't. That's just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2018 4:38 PM

*men, not me ha

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2018 4:44 PM

R38 I’d rather a person whose honest enough to be a bitch like Portman.

She's not honest enough she's a lying closet case

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2018 4:46 PM

R55 - You're overlooking a few other factors: he's an actor, he's pushing 40, and the Taylor Swift fracas was in many minds tantamount to coming out, even if Hiddleston wasn't aware of it. There is some smoke there, and, all right, I'll concede that it's entirely possible he's an unusually immature, self-absorbed, straight male with particular difficulties in intimate relationships with women. But given how attractive he is and how many women he has access to, and his age, and the Swift episode: sorry, at a minimum speculation is warranted.

R51

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2018 4:50 PM

R38 - that kind of "honesty" is overrated; civility usually has a dollop of dissembling in it. I would guess that those whom these two came into contact with far preferred Hiddleston's pretences (if that is what they were) to Portman's mistreatment.

by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2018 4:52 PM

R47 - does he smell nice? Does he have white clean teeth? Well groomed? Do you think he might be hung?

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2018 4:58 PM

R60 - As to your last query, word is that he is, indeed, hung, which R47 may or may not be able to confirm. His teeth look perfectly acceptable; as to his cologne/aftershave: again, refer to R47.

There once was a website dedicated solely to Hiddles' crotch. I believe (all right, I KNOW) it was called lokimonstercrotch. Lots of yummy photos. Believe what you will, see what you will.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2018 5:17 PM

big potatos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2018 5:28 PM

Now served on the other side

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2018 5:29 PM

Really, I should never have admitted to knowing about the existence of that site, let alone perusing it avidly.

Actually, the site's real name is Ruler of All Loins.

All right, he may be insufferable, he may be immature, he may be self-absorbed. Fuck, for all I know he's even straight.

But as we all know, if the stars and moon are properly aligned one night, anyone could be had by anyone.

I bet he's hot in the sack.

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Why hasn't he been cast for any new gigs for a few years?

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2018 7:32 PM

R65 - except for the benefit "Hamlet" for RADA last year (which I was unfortunately unable to get over to see and for which he got very good reviews) and the Marvel films, he does seem to be stalled.

Hiddleston's problem was that he was trying to be a film star, when in truth, he should have stayed an "actor". He was well received in "Coriolanus" at the Donmar shortly after his success with Loki guaranteed a sold out house. He should have aimed for better work. Perhaps aging out of the male ingenue slot will push him in better directions.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2018 8:40 PM

Don’t be naive, people in the industry follow gossip just as much as anyone. I’ve been on DL since I was in high school because back in the day it was one of the only gay spaces online. And word gets around about crazy fans. There was a point last year where everyone in London was talking about those loons who think Ben Cumberbatch’s kids are plastic dolls and I doubt the people gossiping have Tumblr accounts. Word gets around. Plus more invested fans are quite persistent. I’m very active on social media for my own career and I still get fans of actors I worked with briefly years ago tweeting me regularly to keep me updated about those actors. Mostly they’re sweet but they assume a level of interest I don’t have.

I remember working with David Tennant once and one of his fans decided to tweet screencaps of a nude scene he’d done years before to Michael Urie because they were working together, and the fan got incredibly upset and offended when Urie was like “wtf” and sort of wanted DT to take her side in it. Another time I tweeted something once about a friend getting engaged and accidentally set three different fandoms into meltdown.

For whoever asked, I don’t really have any gossip. Hard working, polite, heavy cologne, extremely ambitious and intense. I admit I had a crush on him so I’m biased but I don’t see him acting like an asshole for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2018 8:51 PM

I love how these fraus put him on a pedestal and wanted to fuck him. A few of them brazenly believed they would get the chance. Now as new stans are coming in they are turning on him. Typical!

by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2018 8:53 PM

I'd fuck Hiddleston hard. He is lean and seems like he was made for a good rogering. If he comes out as one of us I doubt any of us will show surprise

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2018 8:56 PM

Fuck of Taylor S. Go and write another cringely album of shite pop songs

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2018 8:57 PM

Yaaaas! R58. Let them know, honey. We are at the Datalounge. I don’t know why these silly hoes come here. It’s mind-blowing.

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2018 9:41 PM

Oh, and one more tidbit about Hiddleston and his monster crotch: he also used to have a habit of often going commando. He attended Cumberbatch's wedding on the Isle of Wight, and there is a photo of him emerging from his hotel to head off to the wedding, immaculately turned out in morning coat, cravat, the works, and . . . prepared to give the lady vicar who performed the service quite the shock. He looks gorgeous in the photo. I can't find it, though.

R64

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2018 9:53 PM

I want to eat that ass

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2018 9:53 PM

R47 R67 How do you know for certain he’s not gay?

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2018 10:02 PM

Well, damn, I found the image and it's Pinterest and I can't figure out how to link it here. Google Hiddleston + Cumberbatch wedding images and you'll find it.

Luscious.

by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2018 10:03 PM

R72 Did someone on twitter send it to you? Or did you just wander upon it since you're swamped with Hiddleston info while working on your social media presence.

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2018 10:31 PM

R74 He doesn't. I suspect he's not but R47 and R67 is a fan frau.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2018 10:33 PM

Wondered why half the posts on this thread weren't showing up. Turns out I already blocked the deranged Tom fan (who in previous threads has swung between claiming to be Tom's neighbour, knowing exactly how many women he was taking out to dinner, how frequently he saw his family, all kinds of stalker shit, then turning round and badmouthing him all over the place).

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2018 11:39 PM

I didn’t post at r72 (you can easily check). Believe what you like, I’m a gay man and have been a regular poster here since 2003. I’m the Old Vic poster who used to post about Spacey back in the day, and about working on Doctor Who. Old timers will remember me.

by Anonymousreply 79July 10, 2018 11:40 PM

I see none with VPL.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 10, 2018 11:44 PM

R47, any gossip about UK actors David Oakes or Elliot Cowan working with Spacey?

by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2018 11:56 PM

You never answered how you are 100% Hiddleston isn’t gay R79.

by Anonymousreply 82July 11, 2018 12:04 AM

R76 - This may come as a huge shock to you, but Cumberbatch's wedding was Big News. Images of it were all over.

And for the record, I am probably the last human being in the West with virtually no social media presence. I consider Twitter, Facebook, et al. significant signposts pointing toward the decline of western civilisation. Oh, and smart phones.

by Anonymousreply 83July 11, 2018 12:21 AM

I didn’t say he’s not gay, dear, only that if he is gay he’s closeted even to his own friends and co-workers.

I was at the OV in 2009. I know KS shared his dressing room with two young (20ish) drama school graduates during Inherit the Wind. I don’t know of any famous names with Spacey stories, apart from John Barrowman and Rupert Graves and both of them are harassment stories not casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 84July 11, 2018 12:30 AM

What's the story with barrowman? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 85July 11, 2018 12:40 AM

R84 I guess if you assume everyone knows whose gay and whose not. Is the London theater scene pretty open about that sort of stuff?

by Anonymousreply 86July 11, 2018 12:45 AM

Butterface...and if he is gay, it will destroy his appeal on datalounge...

by Anonymousreply 87July 11, 2018 1:00 AM

R47 how do I find the old threads with your contributions?

by Anonymousreply 88July 11, 2018 1:24 AM

He was very good in The Night Manager.

by Anonymousreply 89July 11, 2018 1:25 AM

R36, Suzannah slagged him in FB and fans posted screenshots of it. She ditched him, not the other way around. As for her being only one beard from a long time ago- well, it still disproves the claim that he's never done awards shows without one. He made several appearances at shows with her. Both of them came across as try-hards.

by Anonymousreply 90July 11, 2018 1:34 AM

Didn't he date some American sit-com girl with big tits?

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2018 1:56 AM

Yes, he did. He dated Kat Dennings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2018 2:49 AM

They never dated R91 & R92

by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2018 12:00 PM

Here's the speech in question R10. SUPER CRINGEY. And such a classic for Christian Slater's pained, confused look half way through. Hiddleston is FULL TO THE FUCKING BRIM with himself. He evens slips in a "we" when talking about humanitarian workers. Utterly insufferable twat of a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 11, 2018 12:15 PM

Who are you R94? This is not that kind of thread.

by Anonymousreply 95July 11, 2018 12:16 PM

Not sure what to think, if he's gay or not. He's always come off as pretty asexual to me tbh.

by Anonymousreply 96July 11, 2018 12:20 PM

Da fuq you talking about R95? I was literally responding to something R10 wrote. And I wasn't aware there were different "kinds" of threads. People can post whatever they want cupcake

by Anonymousreply 97July 11, 2018 12:21 PM

Pray tell what "kind" of thread is this OP? One that YOU control? Sweet jesus

by Anonymousreply 98July 11, 2018 12:32 PM

OP, you sound scarily obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 99July 11, 2018 12:51 PM

Fond as I am of Hiddleston and his talent and his loins, the Golden Globes speech was acknowledged as cringeworthy by all and sundry. This is the kind of situation in which his insufferability and immaturity come to the fore. There is such an odd disconnect between his intelligence, talent, and personality issues.

It's not stupidity: no one gets a double first at Cambridge unless he has the goods upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 100July 11, 2018 12:59 PM

R93 What do you call couples who hold hands?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 11, 2018 1:19 PM

More hand holding with Kat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 11, 2018 1:24 PM

his reputation will never recover from the lame attempt at bearding with loathed taylor fucking swift.

by Anonymousreply 103July 11, 2018 1:27 PM

It IS possible he is a smidgeon bi and managed to put his big ginger English hog into Swifts' smelly snatch. I think Ryan actually dicks Blake and weren't they all in Watch Hill together? Maybe Ryan dared Tom to put his willy where his contract stipulated. The shock and awe generated the trauma that sickened the world, here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 11, 2018 1:36 PM

Wow, that GG speech really was cringey. Love the shots of the other celebs in the audience with "bitch, please!" looks on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 105July 11, 2018 1:53 PM

R94, R100 - yes, it was a cringey speech, in the way it was delivered. But it was actually connected to the point of his TV series. "The Night Manager" was indeed about arms trafficking. It showed a seemingly progressive country like Britain as being involved in it (at the highest, most upper-class level). Which is quite a rare and bold feat. The TV series is fictional, but mirrors reality. The fact that Britain surprisingly sells weapons to e.g. Saudi Arabia is indeed true.

The celebs in the audience are likely unfamiliar with that context. Hiddleston mentioned the international arms trafficking (as exposed in his TV series), the war in Sudan and that the doctors he visited felt a connection with the TV series (because they know what's really going on). Did he brag about it? Yes, he did. But was he also right about the facts and situation? Yes, he was right.

by Anonymousreply 106July 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Though if Hiddleston wanted to go political in his GG speech (based on his TV series, which portrays some British state officials as secretly engaging in shady arms deals), he should have mentioned this instead: "British arms sales to repressive regimes soar to £5bn".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 11, 2018 2:25 PM

the speech was awesome, u judgmental twats of doom.

by Anonymousreply 108July 11, 2018 2:40 PM

One more mention of GG and I am going to have to insist that Hiddleston do a GGG porn film - you know those vile german sperma affairs.

by Anonymousreply 109July 11, 2018 2:41 PM

All the women he has been linked to since becoming famous were co-stars that later denied dating him, except for Susannah Fielding. After Hiddleswift happend and everyone and their mother was sure that Tom is gay suddenly and totally "surprising" the name of his very first girlfriend leaked although before Hiddleswift he was all about 'protecting her privacy'. Also he once brought an actor named John McMillian as his date to the Iron Man 3 premiere ( a movie he wasn't even starring in). I'm not saying he is gay but I don't believe for a minute that he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 110July 11, 2018 2:42 PM

R110 - and that includes Kat Dennings, who co-starred in the THOR films with him, and that's what that hand-holding red carpet appearance was. At no time has he ever been seen off the red carpet in an actual dating situation except with Tay-Tay. There were rumours about him and Elizabeth Olsen during and after "I Saw the Light" and they actually were snapped a couple of times in London together, but it was more likely a strong friendship. Or another Overnight Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 111July 11, 2018 2:49 PM

R110 - I meant, in an actual dating, off the red carpet appearance, with Dennings.

by Anonymousreply 112July 11, 2018 2:50 PM

I don't care if he's nice. I just wanna know how tight his arse is

by Anonymousreply 113July 11, 2018 2:51 PM

R113 - that's the spirit!

by Anonymousreply 114July 11, 2018 3:51 PM

W&W r113

by Anonymousreply 115July 11, 2018 4:10 PM

He’s not handsome at all...on what planet is he supposed to be handsome?

by Anonymousreply 116July 11, 2018 4:12 PM

r116 You be the epitome of beauty yourself mr spider?

by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2018 4:13 PM

R116 - no, he's not classically handsome but he's damned attractive.

by Anonymousreply 118July 11, 2018 4:47 PM

I could understand him having beards to make him look more 'masc' in the run-up to the Bond film casting.

But now he's no longer a contender (for that Alpha role, or for any big role for that matter) and aging as well. So if he really is gay/bi/asexual/whatever, wouldn't it be opportune for him to come out and use it as a PR boost? (And we all know how much Hiddleston loves PR.)

It might even put him back on the map and remind people he still exists. Nico Tortorella 'came out' as a 'queer fluid' rainbow unicorn or whatever and that even landed that C-list actor on the news.

The fact that Hiddleston is not talking or even teasing the public about it - maybe there's not much of a story to tell? Maybe he's just tedious in his private life or a bad lay and no one in his circle (gay or straight) is interested? He obviously can't use dating or hook-up apps, so he can only choose from (and be chosen by) his real life circle.

Or maybe there's erectile dysfunction? (It does happen you know...)

by Anonymousreply 119July 11, 2018 5:51 PM

You lost me at "bad lay".

by Anonymousreply 120July 11, 2018 5:58 PM

To be honest, I think his years at boarding school (starting at age 7 must fuck you up big time) made him self sufficient and unable to have normal relationships. I think he's accomplished as an actor, professional to a fault, but in his personal life he lacks the ability to connect. Couldn't care less whether he is gay or not, but it must suck to be accomplished, professionally, but be a mess personally.

I'd suck him off, though.

by Anonymousreply 121July 11, 2018 8:42 PM

Yet DL wisdom insists gingers smell funny down there. How bout mutual creampies?

by Anonymousreply 122July 11, 2018 8:47 PM

R121 - Hiddleston's parents went through a hostile and very ugly divorce just as he was sent off to Eton around 12-13 or so. He once said in an interview that he didn't know which he felt worse about: being glad to be far away from the turmoil, or feeling bad about being out of it and not knowing what was going on. There's no good age for a child to experience this, but for a pubescent boy it must have been particularly damaging.

This, in addition to Britain's notorious boarding school culture, I imagine didn't help Hiddleston in the relationship arena.

Oh, and me, too.

by Anonymousreply 123July 11, 2018 8:50 PM

[R123] I think so many people focus on the present, they neglect the past traumas. Boarding school from 7? How can that be psychologically healthy? I think people are over thinking Hiddleston. He's a posh boy, who went to a posh school, that has trouble with relationships because of his upbringing. He might have access to lots of easy fucks, but how can you find a decent relationship when you learnt that the only person you could trust was yourself.

by Anonymousreply 124July 11, 2018 9:12 PM

Is he extremely posh like .1% family?

by Anonymousreply 125July 11, 2018 9:13 PM

Ginger smell is such a fucking stereotype. Have the ones who believe this shit ever actually gotten laid?

by Anonymousreply 126July 11, 2018 9:17 PM

its an overlapping category with revulsion to foreskin, anything anal, and horror of STIS and truvada.

by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2018 9:21 PM

R125 - He comes from landed gentry on his mother's side; his father, however, has Scottish working-class roots, but was a brilliant scientist who did extremely well. So while there's money on both sides, one side was self-made, the other inherited. I think his mother owns the Aldeburgh estate on which the festival of the same name is held. He's certainly not rich the way the royals are, but certainly bloody well off, and went to very good schools from the beginning. He has a double First in Classics from Cambridge. Professionally, directors have nothing but praise for him, he is very eager and will do anything to get a part right.

But his personal gestalt definitely has something unseizably odd about it.

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2018 9:26 PM

R125, yes, he is posh - he's an Eton College boy (they usually don't accept Plebs). He's a direct descendant (but via his maternal line) of one of the 2 Vestey brothers, who founded the lucrative Blue Star shipping line and were thus granted aristocratic titles / land titles by the Monarch.

I posted this on another thread but it's [italic]apropos[/italic] to re-post:

[quote] The current patriarch of the rich Vestey family is the 3rd Baron Vestey (Lord Vestey, the Queen's Master of the Horse). He's reportedly worth ca. £727 million. He is Hiddleston's 3rd cousin once removed. The rest of the family is said to be worth ca. £473 million. The combined family wealth is in the ballpark area of £1.2 billion.

[quote] It's anyone's guess if TH has any access or entitlement to the family trust. His grandma was the sister of the previous patriarch (Tom's grand-uncle, who died in 2007, leaving an estate of ca. £738 million). So perhaps the grandma got at least some of that. But then she had 5 kids, so any trickle-down inheritance to her grandson (Tom) probably got diluted.

[quote] But at least TH likely has the high-society connections. The 3rd Baron Vestey (Tom’s 3rd cousin once removed) is very close with the British Royal Family. His 2nd wife (Lady Celia Vestey) is even Prince Harry's godmother.

[quote] The Baron's son, William, (Hiddleston's 4th cousin) was Prince William's polo mate. And the Baron's niece, Tamara, (also Tom's 4th cousin?) was a debutante and was thought to have dated Prince William, as they were spotted together at polo matches. But apparently they were just friends.

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2018 9:39 PM

[quote] But his personal Gestalt definitely has something unseizably odd about it.

I love you, R128.

by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2018 9:44 PM

R128 - blushes.

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2018 9:52 PM

Well, that was for R131: blushes.

R128

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2018 9:53 PM

R129 - Thanks for the extra info, I didn't know all that about Hiddleston's extended family. He has two sisters, one of whom married an Indian man and lives most of the time in India (their daughter is the one TH was giving a piggy-back ride to in the infamous photos of him, his mother, and Tay-Tay at the family estate). I know nothing about the man, but I assume from the interracial nature of the marriage (the little girl clearly shows it) the family isn't as snobby as all that. The other sister, however, I think married much closer to the family's class, but don't quote me on that, as I don't remember the groom's name or anything. It was covered in the society pages.

One may hope that TH didn't go commando to his sister's formal wedding the way he did to Cumberbatch's.

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2018 9:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 12, 2018 2:40 AM

*marrying foreigners with big money

by Anonymousreply 135July 12, 2018 2:43 AM

Also, I’d expect Hiddleston's immediate family wouldn’t be too snobby either. Hiddleston's great-great-grandfather, Sir Edmund Vestey, was created 1st Baronet in the 1921 Birthday Honours for his services in supplying food to British troops during WWI. So it’s not an “old lineage” title at all.

Sir Edmund was partially self-made and didn’t come from nobility – he was the son of a provision merchant and managed a corned beef cannery. Together with his brother, he set up a new business of importing refrigerated meat (which grew into an international corporate empire and ca. 1940 made the 2 brothers for a time THE richest family in Britain, after the Royals).

Moreover, a “Baronet” is the lowest ranking hereditary title. It’s a “commoner” title – not nobility or aristocracy. It’s one level above a Knight and likewise referred to with the prefix “Sir”.

It was Edmund’s older brother, William who was awarded the noble title of “1st Baron Vestey” in 1922 (which is one level above Baronet and is a noble rank).

by Anonymousreply 136July 12, 2018 2:53 AM

Ok he is posh we get it. Back to the (gay) gossip please!

by Anonymousreply 137July 12, 2018 3:33 AM

He has more on-screen chemistry with Hemsworth than any of his female co-stars. Hence, the popularity of Thorki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 12, 2018 3:49 AM

I would fuck him while reciting Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Can RBF Swift do that?

by Anonymousreply 139July 12, 2018 4:00 AM

He's bloody ugly and full of himself. Massive pass

by Anonymousreply 140July 12, 2018 4:14 AM

Thorki poster in China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 12, 2018 4:17 AM

Thorki Cartoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 12, 2018 4:30 AM

R136 Is the weirdo that squirts out this Ancestry.com shite on every Hiddleston thread.

by Anonymousreply 143July 12, 2018 4:34 AM

r136 Oh gad. You must be FUN at parties.

by Anonymousreply 144July 12, 2018 4:55 AM

R143 = likes to police threads and is also the stalker from Hiddleston's neighborhood, who monitors and interrogates Hiddleston's neighbours and local restaurant / pub staff about all the people going in and out of Hiddleston's house. R143 is probably perched on a tree branch right now over Hiddleston's fence, with binoculars aimed at Hiddleston's lavatory window.

How's the view from up there, R143? Are his bowel movements regular?

by Anonymousreply 145July 12, 2018 5:20 AM

Don't know which poster is which but this is the infamous crazy who's been infesting DL with her Tom obsession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 12, 2018 10:45 AM

r99 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 147July 12, 2018 11:19 AM

R140 - works for me: one less body to step over.

by Anonymousreply 148July 12, 2018 2:25 PM

After reading R146's link I wouldn't be surprised if Tom really screamed at some fans, these people are nuts (even by crazy stan standards).

by Anonymousreply 149July 12, 2018 2:40 PM

Being followed and watched must really suck. Then there's having a thread about you on DL....

by Anonymousreply 150July 12, 2018 8:03 PM

when it was toms birthday, chris hemsworth sat on his face and let tom eat out his juicy greasy man ass as long as he wanted.

tom was under that tasty manhole for a solid hour.

never once came up for air.

by Anonymousreply 151July 12, 2018 10:47 PM

Thorki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 13, 2018 1:43 AM

R119 He’s still in love with Hemsworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 13, 2018 2:16 AM

Must be fans who scream and try to ask him to do some asgardian magic for them. If i had him in my room I would do some asgardian magic with my cock in his ass!

by Anonymousreply 154July 13, 2018 2:22 AM

He really doesn't seem like a bottom. I've seen him at parties. If he's gay, he's a top but in a very narrow range of douchy topness.

by Anonymousreply 155July 13, 2018 2:29 AM

there's an ass. You must BELIEVE

by Anonymousreply 156July 13, 2018 2:35 AM

Is the OP of his thread the same crazy girl on ONTD who keeps trying to make people think he’s horrible? If I were Tom, I’d be afraid of that chick. She seems nuts.

by Anonymousreply 157July 13, 2018 2:47 AM

Sexual repression can cause one to snap.

by Anonymousreply 158July 13, 2018 2:48 AM

Hounded by fans in China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 13, 2018 3:25 AM

Why do all Tom Hiddleston threads turn into crazy frau threads? I’m done. Have it!

by Anonymousreply 160July 13, 2018 4:59 AM

[quote] I've seen him at parties.

R155, which parties?

by Anonymousreply 161July 13, 2018 8:47 AM

Fisting parties? R155

by Anonymousreply 162July 13, 2018 8:54 AM

A party would actually be an acceptable place to approach & chat with Hiddleston. Did you, R155?

Not like OP's brazen girl who tried to stop him cold, probably blocking his way, on the streets of London.

by Anonymousreply 163July 13, 2018 9:46 AM

I think there are two obsessed stans on this thread, the Shaitana loon who hates him and goes all over the internet trying to trash him, and the fanfrau who likes to finger herself to bad fanart and tantrums at any suggestion he's not gay. Block those two and most of the thread vanishes.

A shame the Tumblr fangirls have taken over. The Tom and other actor threads used to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 164July 13, 2018 10:52 AM

Am I misremembering or did I read somewhere that they have to change Hiddleston's Loki costume and put a flap on the front across his fabled loins because his large cock was so evident in the original costume? Or that they had to get rid of it in still trailer photos because of the kiddies?

by Anonymousreply 165July 13, 2018 2:41 PM

*had to change

R165

by Anonymousreply 166July 13, 2018 4:26 PM

This thread reeks of Shaitana aka Victoria who by her own self-admission is severely mentally ill and has been committed more than once. She's one I'd worry would one day try to do him literal physical harm. She'll keep on til one of them dies. And yes, he was cringe-worthy taking up with Swift but he's paid a steep price for it career-wise. But I really feel for him with crazy fans like her. All those Marvel guys have crazy fans.

by Anonymousreply 167July 15, 2018 7:50 PM

The fraus have ruined him. I won't let the fat women have him. He needs dick up his ass!

by Anonymousreply 168July 16, 2018 5:13 PM

Saw pix of him at Wimbledon looking considerably different - slightly professorial. He's starting to remind me of Michael Rennie. He told someone that he's "gone back to school" and is working on a documentary about the South Sudan.

He's done the right things since the Tay-Tay debacle: went underground, kept quiet, and is resurfacing now post-Infinity War, with a beard, wearing specs, with his hair long and curly at the back as his hairline recedes - looks terribly posh, British, and intellectual, the kind of English Lit Prof in tweed jacket with elbow patches that every girl in the first form has a mad crush on.

by Anonymousreply 169July 16, 2018 10:18 PM

"He told someone that he's "gone back to school" "

You read that on Celebitchy earlier today, right? No, he didn't "tell someone he'd gone back to school." He made a comment in the Shakespeare podcast that doing Hamlet last year "felt like going back to school." Not that he's literally gone back to school. The Celebitchy poster who made the original "Tom told someone he'd gone back to school" comment just mis-remembered what he'd said (and lo how Internet Chinese Whispers are spread).

He's been seen around RADA and for some reason stans are convinced he's attending RADA as a student to 'freshen up his acting skills' -- which is insane -- but he's actually been going there as an alumni and mentor. Most famous RADA grads return to mentor students or give an occasional masterclass.

The UNICEF documentary was filmed a couple years ago and is being released later this year. Tom is presenting it, I'm not sure if has any deeper involvement than presenting.

by Anonymousreply 170July 16, 2018 11:10 PM

He doesn't let his cock flop around in his pants untethered for the ladies, it's guys that he is trying to tempt.

by Anonymousreply 171July 16, 2018 11:14 PM

R106 Tom Hiddleston's speech writer.

by Anonymousreply 172July 16, 2018 11:20 PM

WTF??

The false comment about him "going back to school" has been posted literally word for word on multiple different gossip forums and fan Tumblr blogs within the space of a few hours.

It's honestly creepy. I don't understand it. You read something and without even checking if it's true go and repost it everywhere? Why??

by Anonymousreply 173July 16, 2018 11:28 PM

R170 - Yes, did see it there and elsewhere and freely admit to not checking it out too thoroughly - as apparently others didn't, either.

I was also, admittedly, more interested in the photos than the niceties of the story. I like him much better this way.

And just think, beneath that newly professorial visage waits . . . the Hiddlesconda.

by Anonymousreply 174July 17, 2018 12:32 AM

Anthony and Little Bear behind the scenes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2018 11:23 PM

^^^Sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2018 11:26 PM

What thread did you upload this onto R175?

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2018 2:18 AM

R177 Anthony Kiedis' girlfriend Heather Christie

by Anonymousreply 178July 25, 2018 2:47 AM

This is "terribly posh" R169? He looks like he needs a wash and a press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 25, 2018 4:14 AM

R179 - He is posh, what's the point of hiding it. He looks deliciously self-consciously intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 180July 25, 2018 1:16 PM

Anthony Kiedis is still hot. He’s got to be like in his 50s.

by Anonymousreply 181July 26, 2018 12:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 22, 2020 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!