Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Spacey facing three new sexual assault claims in London

That makes a total of 6 claims.

Kevin's been a naughty boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2019 4:32 PM

Chile....

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2018 3:26 AM

Never ends.. he must have been behaving this way throughout his whole career. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2018 8:31 AM

So where will he face trial then?

The UK or US?

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2018 8:44 AM

I read somewhere that the various police forces usa and uk are supposed to be working together. We obvs dont know the details, how bad these allegations are. He could be face trial first in usa because he's an American and then be extrodited to uk and serve time there. Its not unheard of. Brits commit crimes in usa and Americans commit crimes in uk. I dont believe he didnt have the intelligence to know one day his time would be up. Just look at his 2010 dad film.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2018 9:19 AM

R4 He'll probably flee to Thailand and get his boys served up on a plate and left outside his door.

I doubt he'll stay around for the trial. He'll probably commit suicide first. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2018 9:39 AM

R5 i wouldn't wish suicide on anyone. He should face the consequences of his actions.

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2018 10:50 AM

Has Helen Hunt ever commented on Spacey since he "came out"? She claimed he was her boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Who cares about beard hunt, its Diane we are wondering about !!!

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2018 11:58 AM

OMG leave him alone! He's over, he won't work again so why keep after him?

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2018 12:14 PM

No one cares what WASPs do.

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2018 12:25 PM

How does he keep dodging all of this?

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2018 12:27 PM

R11 see R10.

by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2018 12:37 PM

[quote] OMG leave him alone! He's over, he won't work again so why keep after him?

Because he may have seriously broken the law.

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2018 12:42 PM

R9 tell that to Anthony Rapp and a allegedly cast of thousands in london. If Spacey had not hosted the Tonys he would have been ok. Rapp was incensed at him doing the tonys and here we are..

by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2018 1:38 PM

I wonder if any of the victims who came forward are actors?

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2018 3:03 PM

R15 could be. The ones he helped become rich and famous have more to loose than the ones that never made it. It's the hypocrisy of it all.

by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2018 3:10 PM

You in danger, gurl

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2018 11:06 PM

gfhrthtrhr

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2018 3:24 AM

Patricia Clarkson was asked if she was surprised about the Spacey allegations on Watch What Happens Live. She looked disgusted and sad and shook her head and said 'no.' He must have been pretty bad and his 'conquests' were the worst kept secret in Hollywood AND London.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2018 3:59 AM

Who is Patricia Clarkson ??

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2018 5:26 AM

r19, true, but try telling that to the fantards here

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2018 2:35 PM

[quote]OMG leave him alone! He's over, he won't work again so why keep after him?

Do you understand how the law works and that this isn't merely about him losing his jobs? A boss doesn't call in an employee and say "Uh, Bob, we've heard you raped several people. We're gonna have to let you go."

Losing your job should be the least of what happens to someone who commits a crime like this.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Patricia Clarkson is a hypocrite like the rest of them. Kept quite whilst acting with Spacey, turned a blind eye, scared of consequences to their careers if they spoke out ect now someone else spoke out shes like yeah not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2018 5:58 PM

I think he should set up residence in a country that won't allow extradition to anywhere. He's got the cash- get out while the going is good and live your life out. Otherwise, Spacey is FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2018 6:01 PM

R23, she may have heard gossip but not directly witnessed anything. Don't attack someone without knowing the facts.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2018 7:09 PM

Im not attacking merely giving my opinion. Guy pearce is the same.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2018 10:05 PM

Guy Pearce said that while filming LA Confidential, Kevin Spacey was handsy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2018 10:14 PM

"I think he should set up residence in a country that won't allow extradition to anywhere."

Has anyone figured out where he is hiding?

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2018 1:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2018 2:45 PM

R28, he's not hiding. He sold his LA house last year so he probably no longer lives in LA. Also his career is over so no reason for him to be seen by the media.

by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2018 8:13 PM

Why should Guy Pierce "regret" saying Spacey was "handsy?" No doubt he was. Does he feel sorry for Spacey, whose career is ruined and his reputation as a slimy perv cemented? Why should he regret what he said? Everybody knows what Spacey is now. It's not like Guy Pierce outed him as a perv.

by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2018 8:17 PM

It’s England. He’ll get 60 days, tops.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2018 8:18 PM

Good Lord, if you delete R23, that takes out at least 6 other comments. Someone’s invested in this story!

by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2018 8:22 PM

Has Petula Clark issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2018 8:28 PM

He's being "investigated" aka "nothing will come of it, it's the usual bullshit." Trying to hijack his "Boys Club" movie -- and the usual Gay Panic shit that gay men should be ashamed of supporting if they are. Hitting on men is not a fucking crime, especially when we don't know if there was flirting, innuendo, etc. along the way.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2018 8:31 PM

r30, how do you know he's "not hiding" - no one knows where he is

by Anonymousreply 36July 8, 2018 1:09 AM

R36 - Just because he hasn’t been seen in front of a camera, it doesn’t mean he’s hiding. His career is over. He has no more interviews, red carpets, shows or movies to promote. Why would he be seen? And paparazzi only really exist in LA & NYC. So if he’s not residing in those cities, then the likelihood of us seeing him in front of a camera is nil.

by Anonymousreply 37July 8, 2018 8:06 AM

R36 Wasn't he seen in "rehab" in Arizona?

by Anonymousreply 38July 8, 2018 8:30 AM

How is his career over if his new movie is released this July?

by Anonymousreply 39July 8, 2018 10:24 AM

The production company were forced to release it or lose the publishing rights I believe?

by Anonymousreply 40July 8, 2018 11:44 AM

When I was in the 8th grade (14), my science teacher (who was a sexy, late 20-something jock type) used to deliberately flash his dick at me at the urinal. He would sometimes be hard. He never laid a hand on me or anyone else as far as I know. It never went any further than that. I think he just got a thrill out of it, and to be honest so did I. I wanked soooo many times to the memory of it.

But now I feel inspired by the #metoo movement. It was nearly 30 years ago, and didn't traumatize me in any way, but I feel I am really missing out by not joining the ranks of the "abused/assaulted."

Should I go all in now? Ruin his life? Go all over social media with a "poor me, I was raped!" story? It would give me endless attention, and I could likely even set up a GoFundMe out of the deal for some spending cash.

What say you, DL?

by Anonymousreply 41July 8, 2018 12:22 PM

R23, what could Clarkson have done? A lot of us heard the rumors. Some of us have even met guys who were assaulted by Spacey.

But you cannot go to the police and say, I met a guy who said Kevin Spacey assaulted him. Or, I have heard a lot of rumors about Kevin Spacey, you need to investigate this.

The fact that half of New York has heard about Spacey and Cosby's proclivities does not mean they can do anything about it until an actual witness or victim steps forward.

by Anonymousreply 42July 8, 2018 1:53 PM

There is no doubt in my mind these encounters are not true...BUT if they were gay men over the age of consent, I guarantee that they probably had no issues with it at the time and are now looking for a cash grab. Under age and straight guys would be a different story

by Anonymousreply 43July 8, 2018 2:09 PM

"Just because he hasn’t been seen in front of a camera, it doesn’t mean he’s hiding."

You don't know that he's NOT hiding. Nobody seems to know.

"It would give me endless attention, and I could likely even set up a GoFundMe out of the deal for some spending cash."

You sound like a deranged freeper. No Spacey victims are setting up GoFundMe accounts, neither are 99% of #metoo victims. And as for "endless attention" I bet you couldn't even name most of the people who have come forward - so much for them getting endless attention.

by Anonymousreply 44July 8, 2018 3:17 PM

"There is no doubt in my mind these encounters are not true...BUT if they were gay men over the age of consent, I guarantee that they probably had no issues with it at the time and are now looking for a cash grab"

What cash grab? You don't get cash from bringing criminal charges against someone.

by Anonymousreply 45July 8, 2018 3:18 PM

Yeah good point. Theres no money to be had from a criminal case.

by Anonymousreply 46July 8, 2018 4:03 PM

I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but you better believe there is money to be made in a criminal case in the US. If the defendant is found or pleads guilty then the sentencing judge can order the defendant to pay restitution to the victim(s) that the charges generated from. Also victims not involved in the criminal case can also bring lawsuits after a trial as it is easier to sue once someone is convicted (although outcome is not guaranteed). That's what is happening after the Cosby verdict. Gloria Allred is expected to bring a class action lawsuit against Cosby in the neighborhood of $50M-$100M that will include all his victims. A class action has also been filed against Harvey Weinstein in NY.

by Anonymousreply 47July 8, 2018 4:17 PM

r47 = freeper who attacks victims by saying they're in it for the money. Sometimes it's the other way around. Didn't Cosby sue one of the victims for defamation, for telling the truth about him. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 48July 8, 2018 4:21 PM

I didn't attack victims. Again, I don't know how the law works in the UK, but I'm just speaking the truth about sentencing here in the States. My cousin had beat up a Chinese food delivery man ('cause he was an idiot) and went to jail for it. He was sentenced to incarceration and had to pay restitution to the victim & court costs. Because he was under 21, and in NYS parents are still responsible for their children up until that age, my aunt & uncle had their paychecks garnished to repay my cousins debt. The amount was something like $15,000. So imagine how much a judge can order a millionaire former actor.

by Anonymousreply 49July 8, 2018 4:29 PM

R41, don't forget to add one sentence to that very same story -- "I was uncomfortable" -- and all the Mary Sunshines in the world will be all over your side. "Oh, you poor thing, what you've been through..."

Many of us could do the same thing if we want to jump on the bandwagon, bullshit or not. Just like a lot of the real "accusations".

by Anonymousreply 50July 8, 2018 5:39 PM

Rape and sexual assault reports don’t usually even go to trial, because it’s so hard to get a conviction (exception: white victim, non-famous black defendant). As obvious as it all seemed to almost everybody else, at least one juror said that the deciding factor in the second Cosby trial was the fact that there was a taped deposition where he said that he had acquired Quaaludes to give women “for sex.” Rape trials don’t usually have those. Historically, even if a victim was injured, the defendant could often successfully claim that it was consensual, as long as it didn’t happen outdoors, and the victim wasn’t too visibly beaten.

As for the delivery guy, it makes sense that someone would have to pay for a violent assault if it kept somebody from working (how much does a delivery guy have in his savings account?) and/or resulted in medical bills.

by Anonymousreply 51July 8, 2018 6:27 PM

I will say that the UK has had a very good record of getting convictions of historic sex abuse cases (see Rolf Harris, Mervyn Conn, Charles Howeson). Those prosecutions were successful because there were formal complaints made about their behavior when the events took place, but nothing was done at the time. However, not all accusations in those cases went to trial. And some accusations that went to trial ended with a not guilty verdict. So the CPS will only prosecute the ones that have enough evidence. We'll see how much evidence they can get in each police investigation with Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 52July 8, 2018 6:56 PM

r20, Patricia Clarkson is somebody who wants to be where Melissa Leo now is.

by Anonymousreply 53July 8, 2018 7:08 PM

r48, you're wrong about r47. And what better way, r47, to really make these guys pay, since jail time can be very unlikely when you're famous, or in Cosby's case, famous and old? Take their money from them in a class-action suit. I think that class-action lawsuits are brilliant for something like this.

Yeah, clean out Spacey. I can live with that outcome.

by Anonymousreply 54July 8, 2018 7:14 PM

Cosby has enough money his lawyers can keep him out of prison until he dies. Where's the justice? Take his money--the source of his power and corruption--away from him.

by Anonymousreply 55July 8, 2018 7:16 PM

I'm dying to know the psychology behind gay men (if it is so) wishing for and enjoying the downfall of another gay man for charges connected to being a gay man and hitting on other men and in various ways. I find it really strange how many people on this board want to see him hang -- for what exactly? Or is it only women saying that? Hard to tell on DL these days.

by Anonymousreply 56July 8, 2018 7:44 PM

r56, being a serial sexual harasser, as Spacey is, is not his connected to his being gay.

by Anonymousreply 57July 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Riiiiiight...

by Anonymousreply 58July 8, 2018 8:53 PM

R49 is your cousin Mark Wahlberg?

by Anonymousreply 59July 8, 2018 9:02 PM

R54, even with a class action suit these men won't be "cleaned out". Even with a judgement of $100M against Cosby, it's unlikely to be paid as many rich families keep their assets in trusts & other entities that shield those assets from lawsuits. Also class action suits can be tough to start because of state laws regulating their conception. And the biggest problem with class action suits is that the lawyers ALWAYS get paid more than the plaintiffs. Class actions sound great in theory but they can be a pain in the ass in practice.

by Anonymousreply 60July 8, 2018 9:47 PM

Did anyone ever collect from the verdict in the civil suit against O.J.?

by Anonymousreply 61July 8, 2018 11:01 PM

R61 - Barely!! They're still trying but not likely to get the full amount due.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2018 1:17 AM

Another good article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2018 1:27 AM

Well, r60/r63, if you think jail is in the cards for these criminals, I think you'll be bitterly disappointed. Hitting them where they live--financially--is the only effective punishment I see here.

by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2018 5:43 AM

So r58, you think Spacey's behavior is directly related to his homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2018 5:44 AM

R53, you mean embarrassingly needy in a cringeworthy way? Or just career-wise?

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2018 7:05 AM

R47 Gloria isn't going to get any money out of Cosby. He moved everything of value into a LLC owned by his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2018 7:30 AM

A closet case (who then tries to exploit coming out as a cover for abuse and explicitly link being gay with assault and messing with underage kids) who uses his power to harass and assault straight and gay men is not someone we should be defending.

He’s a predator. He’s never done a thing to help the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2018 9:48 AM

That awful toupee! Why even bother, it's like a merkin on his head! decrying closet cases on DL is pissing in the wind R68 this place is running alive with closeted queens terrified mother will find out.

by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2018 10:16 AM

Career-wise, r66. And yes, Melissa Leo certainly is cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2018 2:50 PM

I wonder what the reaction to Billionaire Boys Club will be

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2018 7:51 PM

R71 - Most people will watch it via On Demand. The theatrical release next month will be limited (probably a 1-week run).

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2018 12:07 AM

The reviews should be.... interesting

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2018 1:18 AM

Guijhj

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2018 3:53 PM

Why isn't he in prison?

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2019 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!