Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Prediction On The Mueller Investigation

He will wait until the "magic hour" just before the mid term elections to reveal all and issue more indictments. Hopefully he feels what he will have found out will be so bad against Trump and others that it will swing the mid term votes over to the democrats.

Don't hate me if it doesn't come true. But I have a strong feeling about this.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2018 9:48 PM

I hate to be so negative but will be. I think there will be a huge cover up and nothing damaging against trump will be released. Trump controls all now. It is his country to ruin.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2018 3:53 PM

If nothing comes down from Mueller before September, it won't happen until after the midterms. Mueller would not want to be accused of trying to manipulate the election. But, it could come down this summer.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2018 3:55 PM

It would be impolite to air the president’s dirty laundry. We must protect him from Maxine Waters.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2018 3:57 PM

I don’t see him dropping anything too close to the mid-terms. He doesn’t want to be the next James Comey.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2018 4:14 PM

No, he won't do it close to the MD's, but like I said before there is a magic hour where bad news does the most damage in the upcoming elections. The republicans have been masters of it for decades. Now it's Mueller's chance. I agree that September is probably magic time.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2018 4:26 PM

I won't happen before midterms. It would be too disruptive. Besides, Mueller is not Comey.

R3, if you are going to vote Dem, vote Dem. If you don't want to vote Dem (did you sit out the last election?) then don't complain about the results.

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2018 4:33 PM

I hope the inditements of all the Trumps come out before the election and the SCOTUS election. I hope it hog ties Donald.

I want to see it delay his SCOTUS nomination until after the next Congress takes its seat. I want to see the Congress turn deep blue. I want to see the US retaliate against Russia. Then, I want to see DJT ejected from his job.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2018 4:38 PM

Impeachment is off the table. What Mueller reveals is irrelevant to our oarty. We will raise more money and come up with a new message. Yes, that should do it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2018 4:41 PM

Wishfull thinking. I am not even a rightwinger and I don't see trump been indicted for any crime. As a sitting president ever been indicted.I think we are imaging it in our minds and hoping it happens because we hate trump.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2018 4:43 PM

The longer Mueller waits, the longer the Republicans have to prepare. I'm not convinced that anything is going to come of this investigation anyways. I think this "investigation" is just an excuse to keep a dark cloud hanging over Trump's head for the duration of his Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2018 4:44 PM

R9, you are right. But Trump is a professional, lifelong criminal. There is nothing in the Constitution, or anywhere, that prohibits inditement of a President, except precedent, and that’s only good for as long as it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2018 5:05 PM

Yes to R11. Precedents are set. That's how law is refined, through application. Its not the reason for not doing anything. That would be a miscarriage of justice by omission.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2018 4:46 AM

"Mueller’s team is reportedly looking into NRA donors with links to Russia and investigating whether some donors used the organization to illegally funnel foreign money to President Trump’s campaign.... NRA officials maintain that the organization has not been contacted by the FBI.... prosecutors often request tax filings entirely in the background, with no notice to the subject of the investigation.”

Hmm. Would he have could he have gotten Trumps tax filings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2018 5:17 PM

As others have said Mueller is not Comey, he isn't going want to be seen as having a hand in influencing the elections. Mueller thinks of Comey as a showboat.

Also important to keep in mind Mueller is a Republican, he isn't some progressive hoping to hurt the GOP (even through Trump tries to pretend otherwise)

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2018 5:34 PM

r10, Then you are an ass.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2018 5:37 PM

FTLOG, it's spelled "indictment"!

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2018 5:38 PM

I decline to get my hopes up for Trump, himself, to do anything but serve his full term and then be returned to private life. He is the President and everything about going after him is simply to complex and burdensome. Everyone around him is fucked, though. And I will take great satisfaction from that and from knowing that Trump will be treated viciously in the history books. Well, not elementary school history books selected by GOP hausfraus, but actual history books.

There is the distinct possibility that after he completes his term, he could be exposed to all manner of criminal liability for his lifetime of money laundering. His financial misdeeds may yet get him. But not until he's out of the White House.

HOWEVER, Anthony Kennedy's departure from the Supreme Court might be a gift to Mueller. If he is ready, then dropping the bomb on Trump when there are four conservative and four liberals on the court would deprive Trump of the chance to get a pass from the Supremes. It also would make it extremely more difficult to nominate a replacement for Kennedy. I hope Mueller is assessing this carefully. It could be a lucky break for him and for us all.

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2018 5:43 PM

I won't second-guess Mueller: he's too smart, knowledgeable, experienced, powerful, and cunning for me to argue against.

I predict that despite the onslaught of illegality, treason and crime that the large percentage of people who chose not to vote in 2016 will be even higher in the midterms, because many Americans are that oblivious, apathetic and stupid ("sure, net neutrality is dead, people are losing civil rights, the SCOTUS can be stacked with right-wing justices, children are being separated from their parents, but what about MEEEEEEE") and if they're so gullible as to be kept away from the ballots in 2016, they're as weak-minded as to be beaten down by anxiety and psychological warfare.

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2018 5:44 PM

I’m in love with R16.

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2018 5:44 PM

At things continue on and the longer that fucktard stays in office, I'm starting to think that there will be indictments on some of those around him, but the shit gibbon himself will be relatively unscathed. It doesn't matter anymore. The deplorables and their party will continue to steadfastly refuse anything uncovered. For fucks sake, our elections were hacked by a known enemy of the United States and not one of those Republican fucks seem fazed in the least by it.

Nothing matters anymore. It's going to be more of the same from here on in.

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2018 5:48 PM

Our elections were not hacked. Both Obama and Hillary reassured us that that is absolutely impossible. Link to proof that our 2016 election was hacked.

by Anonymousreply 21July 2, 2018 5:58 PM

Any other president would've gone ballistic patriotic after the new indictments. Trump dismisses it. OTOH His blaming it on obama admits it happened.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2018 9:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!