Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maxine Waters to Trump: If you shoot me you better shoot straight. There's nothing like a wounded animal.

Not backing down. Today in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2018 12:33 PM

She's calling herself a wounded animal? JHC

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2018 9:48 PM

Fierce.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2018 9:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2018 9:57 PM

I like her. She's really riling the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2018 9:57 PM

She can be a bit much at times, but you cannot help but like her.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2018 9:58 PM

This is a different, alarming time in American history. Our nation has never been the same since 9/11, and it's all been quite by design. They don't even try to hide their shit these days. I won't be the least bit surprised should I go to CNN some time in the near future to read about her untimely "death."

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2018 10:00 PM

Oh, I don't know, r5. I have little trouble disliking her.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2018 10:04 PM

So far the only legislators shot have been Republicans, targeted by a left-wing nut. Wherever you folks are getting your drugs, please share them before your halllucinations go any further .

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2018 10:06 PM

[quote]So far the only legislators shot have been Republicans

Hmm... I wonder why that is...

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2018 10:10 PM

HELP! I'm stalked online

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2018 10:15 PM

[quote] So far the only legislators shot have been Republicans

Fuck you, troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2018 10:21 PM

Wish other dems would take a page from Waters. This playing nice bullshit has not been working, and bully GOP members remain unchecked while they steamroll us. Dems need to fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2018 10:25 PM

It's still the nice guy Obama attitude that holds them back. He was so heel bent on leaving office with a clean shirt, he never took any risks or played tough poker, played dirty.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2018 10:31 PM

[quote]So far the only legislators shot have been Republicans, targeted by a left-wing nut. Wherever you folks are getting your drugs, please share them before your halllucinations go any further .

Thoughts and prayers, dickhead

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2018 10:33 PM

[quote]It's still the nice guy Obama attitude that holds them back. He was so heel bent on leaving office with a clean shirt, he never took any risks or played tough poker, played dirty.

This is how spineless he was:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2018 10:34 PM

Sometimes it feels like she's the only one standing up for us. Even Bernie is tiptoeing around this stuff because he still thinks he can win these racist loons back with his own populist message.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2018 10:34 PM

Waters may be one of very few who cannot be black mailed, so she can speak her mind. Just a thought. They're all criminals.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2018 10:35 PM

[quote]Sometimes it feels like she's the only one standing up for us.

This board was mostly negative towards her a few months ago, and not just the trolls, but it's great seeing that people have noticed she was right all along.

The Dems have no power but she's never stopped trying to get the message out that something must be done. They should all be taking a page from her book. Can you imagine if they were all going to various cities and speaking out like she's doing?

Most of them seem content to do nothing outside of their job scope.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2018 10:37 PM

Maxine is taking no prisoners! And she attacking the right people! Didn't like her much before, but she's got more guts than the whole damn mincing Dem party and the those treacherous "progressives".

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2018 10:39 PM

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2018 10:48 PM

[quote]This board was mostly negative towards her a few months ago

If the board was negative it was only trolls like yourself working over time. Miss Maxine has been calling for the impeachment of Trump since January 20th, 2017. She has not wavered nor has the support for her.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2018 10:50 PM

[quote]Waters may be one of very few who cannot be black mailed, so she can speak her mind. Just a thought. They're all criminals.

She's already has ethics problems. Paying her daughter from campaign funds. You don't want to hitch your wagon to her. She's as corrupt as the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2018 10:56 PM

Okay, she can shut up now.

Why would she say something like that? You've got villains behind the scenes like the Mercer's who fund White supremacists and racist politicians having Trumps ear. We see the results of that. They want to tear the whole thing down and start over, why make their dreams come true by tempting someone to shoot you and possibly starting a riot?

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2018 11:05 PM

I love Auntie Maxine! Fuck the deplorables!

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2018 11:08 PM

Look, it's not like we didn't know that she's corrupt. But she's an actual elected legislator, and we need someone in that position to speak the truth, boldly and loudly.

Great clip, OP.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2018 11:10 PM

I understand what you're saying, r25, but hitching your wagon to a liar who speaks the truth (I'll concede she does what she does boldly and loudly) seems like the waste of a good wagon. She is the heart and soul of corruption, and I don't want to champion her.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2018 11:27 PM

R1, No, she did not. Read or listen to what she said again.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2018 11:32 PM

She is shady AF. Also spot on.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2018 11:34 PM

White women put us in this mess. Black women will save us

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2018 11:36 PM

[quote]Paying her daughter from campaign funds.

R22 Bernie Sanders paid his family millions from his campaign. The Sanders family netted upwards of 22 million dollars. Why should the spotlight be put on Maxine when other politicians are doing worse?

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote]White women put us in this mess. Black women will save us

The racist turds on here like to forget that homophobe/racist/bigot/pedo Roy Moore would be in the senate right now if not for black women coming out to vote. And you think Schumer or Gilibrand would've done anything once he was there? No. They wouldn't do shit. Too bust wagging their fingers at Dems.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2018 11:39 PM

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2018 11:39 PM

busy*

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]If the board was negative it was only trolls like yourself working over time. Miss Maxine has been calling for the impeachment of Trump since January 20th, 2017. She has not wavered nor has the support for her.

It was negative.

I said she was right all along and people are seeing that R21.

So because I said she was right and I'm glad more people are seeing she was right, I'm the troll?

Please learn to read or go back to Lipstick Alley where you can pull that bs.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2018 11:41 PM

Leave that brave 80 year old woman ALONE !!!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2018 11:43 PM

True that r30 not to mention the "non-profit" foundations of people like the Clinton's with hundreds of millions of dollars and no one knows where that money goes (wink, wink).

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2018 11:44 PM

Maxine has bigger balls than all Republicans combined. Respect, Mrs. Waters!

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2018 11:46 PM

[quote]Please learn to read or go back to Lipstick Alley where you can pull that bs.

Excuse me? I don't know what a Lipstick Alley is but what are you trying to say about Lipstick Alley?

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2018 11:49 PM

What is that R35? I know I’ve heard it, but it’s driving me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]True that [R30] not to mention the "non-profit" foundations of people like the Clinton's with hundreds of millions of dollars and no one knows where that money goes (wink, wink).

Actually R36, you are welcome to review the Clinton Foundation data as it's public property. I know it kills you that Bernie is a crook, but you have only yourself to blame for being a racist and a misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2018 12:03 AM

Black Caucus Verified account @OfficialCBC

No one in Congress has taken on @realDonaldTrump like @RepMaxineWaters. She’s brave, she’s bold, and she’s brilliant. And that’s why we #StandWithMax. #FamiliesBelongTogether #KeepFamiliesTogetherMarch

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2018 12:11 AM

Comment at r15 is funny and sad and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2018 12:12 AM

LD Favors, Wakandan @AfroStateOfMind

May God, the ancestors & the community protect Maxine Waters.

-The nation has no idea the hell that would be unleashed should anyone touch a hair on her head.

-It is beyond shameful and inexcusable that Democratic party leadership not only refused to shoulder up alongside Maxine Waters this week, but also went out of their way to rebuke her. She has more courage in her pinky fingernail than they have in their entire bodies.

-How about, it has been a brutal week.FOR EVERYONE! Maxine could have used a hand up but dont think she wants to see bickering about how things went down! I admire her spunk, her tenacity, her courage and humor.She is a warrior and has a tough skin. I wish we were all better.

-Well she's a woman and isn't afraid of anyone. Even Democrats are scared of her

-I love her! She's an inspiration and will bring change to the nation. She's a woman who is the light and will fight till Trump gets his mind right! Throughout history black women have been behind the movement and stood up till we saw improvement!

-@RepMaxineWaters is fierce and fearless! We are all so proud of her .We need to keep her safe from the crazies.

-You know when Trump tries to villify you, you hit a nerve. She is one tough lady, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2018 12:23 AM

Given the degree to which many DLers want to be Sassy Black Women®, who have Snappy Sitcom Comebacks® and a command of Authentic Urban Lingo®, it's no surprise that Queen Maxine (I'm guessing you've already dubbed her that) is a DL favorite.

Love her or hate her, you can't deny she's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2018 12:32 AM

"Donald Trump, we are sick and tired of you..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2018 12:49 AM

Maxine Waters speaks truth to power. Power hates truth tellers.

My mother predicted this mess was on its way after the Bush-Gore election. (So did an elderly friend who grew up in Nazi Germany.) And before she died in 2005, my mother predicted black Americans will be the ones who save our democracy in the end. I always think of this when Maxine Waters speaks out.

by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2018 1:03 AM

I always think of this when Maxine Waters speaks out.

[quote]I HAVE NO FEAR! I AM IN THIS FIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2018 1:06 AM

R38, Lipstick Alley is a different forum largely comprised of African-American women. Many DLers hate the people over there, but there are some really smart, funny people there (I'm a white, gay guy, BTW). I don't post there, but like to visit sometimes to read African-American perspectives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2018 1:08 AM

As long as Martin Luther King is heavily celebrated, blacks will just keep copying him and wanting to be him, and they will eternally pretend that they are living under Jim Crow to do so.

Blacks are right there with China for complete lack of originality and creativity. All they do is copy, and there hasn't been a black worth copying since Martin Luther King, except for Gangsta rappers.

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2018 1:11 AM

[quote]Waters may be one of very few who cannot be black mailed, so she can speak her mind. Just a thought. They're all criminals.

Including Maxine.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2018 1:11 AM

-49 White racism is a specific kind of crazy. I know you aren't a Trumpster, yet you hate on somebody boldly calling him out because she is black and then you invoke a racist narrative that throws all African Americans under the bus because Maxine waters spoke out. And apparently it's BLACKS that put their race above any other "identity" they may have? Go sit down somewhere spiky, you hear? Give your tail a work out, because your noggin can't be saved.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2018 1:16 AM

R49: Crawl back into your hole and die there.

Maxine Waters is continuing in an African American tradition of demanding respect and equality for human beings in the face of entrenched hatred and fear. She isn’t copying anyone.

In fact, it’s sad that none of our other legislators have not been copying her.

We are at a frightening, pivotal point in American history, and politics as normal in an increasingly fascist state aren’t working.

I am a little scared by Maxine Waters and the message she’s sticking to. But I am a lot more thankful that she’s here.

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2018 1:40 AM

That was amazing - She ROCKS and tells it like it is. In their faces. Love her and how she sticks it to Trump and the rest. Let them whine about 'civility' with the Freak In Chief leading the pack on that.

She's calling for non-violent protest, a hallmark of democracy. Anyone made more nervous by Maxine and not by Trump and his coterie of tyrannical goons needs their head examined.

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2018 1:51 AM

She’s really the only single voice right now to call out the right on their shit

She’s called corrupt but frankly, I’ll take the old corrupt bitch if she can keep lipping off to trumptards

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2018 1:55 AM

Drama Queen

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2018 2:03 AM

If your concern about Maxine Waters is greater than your concern about the orange cesspool of grifty global destruction, then I question your observational skills and overall intellect.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2018 2:19 AM

LOL at the talk of "corruption"... Trump is a million times more corrupt than all the politicians in Washington combined. Trump is a walking, talking swamp that is bigger than the entire "Deep State" swamp the deplorables like to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2018 2:24 AM

Flyover and the south -where most of Trump's cultists reside- do nothing to disprove they're the dumber, lower IQ people in this country. And I'll even throw in the foreign trash who show up on DL to defend this giant pile of kumquat-colored shit, because you're fucking idiots, too.

The very reason someone like Trump could never win shit in a place like NYC is because we KNOW HIM. We know the things he has done. We know his business practices are slimy. We know that the motherfucker is all about making money, and not their bullshit definition of "patriotism." The fucker would do business with Castro and Bin Laden if it made him money and no one found out. He has no loyalty to this country. He never served, he proudly proclaimed he was "smart" for not paying taxes. He is a vile, corrupt pile of excrement and anyone who isn't a racist, bigot, idiot or all three, knows it.

He tried to do business in Cuba during the embargo. He used a fucking charity as a piggy bank. He got out of serving this country and no one in his immediate family has ever served this country. His own fucking grandfather left Germany to get out of serving. He comes from a low life, German sleazy, traveller-esque family. He's just a low-life thug who appeals to the lowest forms on earth regardless of wealth. You're a garbage human if you defend him. Period.

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2018 2:40 AM

[quote]If Democrats take the House back in November, their current ranking member of the Financial Services Committee becomes the chair of the committee, and has the power to subpoena Trump’s bank records.

[quote]That member is Maxine Waters. Vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2018 3:13 AM

R38

[quote]I don't know what a Lipstick Alley is but what are you trying to say about Lipstick Alley?

Why would you care if you don't know what that is?

R48

[quote]Lipstick Alley is a different forum largely comprised of African-American women. Many DLers hate the people over there, but there are some really smart, funny people there (I'm a white, gay guy, BTW). I don't post there, but like to visit sometimes to read African-American perspectives.

Many DLers hate there because once upon a time the DL was one of maybe two or three gay gossip boards and there were quite a few others (Including Usenet) which were comprised of straight women. Overtime all of those closed and straight women started appearing here. (The biggest rushes over here occurred when Fametracker and TWOP closed.) Sometimes people cross post to both boards.

Lipstick Alley is one of the last remaining boards for [bold]straight women.[/bold] No one has ever cared that they're African American. The culture is very different and responses tend to be more like a Twitter feed. If people make mistakes in their postings or post an article with HTML marks still buried in it - people overlook it. That doesn't happen here.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2018 3:17 AM

Like she would understand and be compassionate of animals. She is one. Send Four Paws International!

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2018 3:51 AM

R61 LOL The deplorables like Trump Jr. who shoot animal for sports care a lot about animals. I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2018 3:57 AM

What a terrific thread to guide me in blocking the Auntie Maxine haters.

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2018 4:00 AM

R60, everyone cares that's it is old black lesbians. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2018 4:33 AM

Maxine Waters for president!

by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]The racist turds on here like to forget that homophobe/racist/bigot/pedo Roy Moore would be in the senate right now if not for black women coming out to vote.

So true!!!

I hope Mother Maxine will raise hell on these fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2018 6:12 AM

The progressive wing is where the fire is at. The middle of the road dems still need to be utilized in the districts where nessesary but for the districts that can support it, they are going for it.

The future is progressive.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2018 6:42 AM

More power to Maxine! More fighters like Maxine!

Stay safe Maxine!

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2018 8:06 AM

[quote] It's still the nice guy Obama attitude that holds them back. He was so heel bent on leaving office with a clean shirt, he never took any risks or played tough poker, played dirty.

President Obama is a brilliant man who actually cares about people and he cares about doing the right thing the right way. Playing "dirty" is not in his DNA.

[quote] This is how spineless he was:

You really believe that valuing human lives over credit for the legislation makes President Obama "spineless".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2018 8:31 AM

A weak inexperienced nice guy, Obama will rank in history somewhere around Carter. He was dealt a better hand than Carter but wasted it on being a manager not a leader.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2018 8:35 AM

"Flyover and the south -where most of Trump's cultists reside- do nothing to disprove they're the dumber, lower IQ people in this country. "

Why do liberals pretend that blacks and Latinos are smarter than "flyover" white people?

It's patently absurd. Just look up average IQ by state, and all the "flyover states" full of white people are the highest, every single time. California and NY are full of mildly retarded people, which you would notice if these mildly retarded people were white.

And all those southern states are like 35% black, so of course the average IQ is going to suffer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2018 8:42 AM

The more we learn about the Russian probe, Obama looks like a weaker president. However, this is not a thread about Obama being weak or too green for the job. This is a thread about aunt Maxine and how she kicks ass.

Go Maxine.

by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2018 9:11 AM

[quote]The progressive wing is where the fire is at.

[italic]Bernie Sanders Thinks Trump Officials Deserve to Eat Their Restaurant Meals in Peace[/italic]

Yeah right ... phony progressive commie kisses up to the alt right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2018 9:16 AM

R73, don't ever make the mistake of calling Bernie Sanders and his racist young incels BernieBros progressive. They are not and never were.

by Anonymousreply 74July 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Team Maxine!

by Anonymousreply 75July 1, 2018 9:30 AM

Bullshit, r21. This board was full of people who seemed like normal, everyday DL regulars on other threads but became unhinged bastards on Maxine Waters threads. I had to unignore two of the worst because otherwise I couldn't follow threads elsewhere (I think the how to cook rice thread and a cleaning thread).

Then I got a time out for saying that DL had gotten so bad that the same people giving handy pasta tips were off in other threads demanding a return to lynching and ovens.

That guy isn't a troll. He is 100% right.

by Anonymousreply 76July 1, 2018 9:38 AM

DL has always loved Maxine, even in her bad times. Trolls be damned!

by Anonymousreply 77July 1, 2018 9:45 AM

[quote]Maxine Waters speaks truth to power. Power hates truth tellers.

Absolutely, and you can tell she's upsetting the right because they're going bonkers on Twitter with the usual "old corrupt bad wig ugly" nonsense, which is all they've got.

Well, except they're getting a lot of mileage out of Schumer and Pelosi scolding her, and I'll never forgive either for what they did. I sent faxes to both with example tweets and pundit remarks and told them to stop dividing us and start fighting for us.

Maxine is almost all we have right now.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2018 9:47 AM

Why would anyone believe Maxine is suddenly going to change after allll these years.

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2018 10:35 AM

[quote] A weak inexperienced nice guy, Obama will rank in history somewhere around Carter. He was dealt a better hand than Carter but wasted it on being a manager not a leader.

President Obama served 2 terms in the Illinois state senate and 1 term in the US senate. He was dealt the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. The economy was in free fall. So no he was not dealt a "better hand that Carter", nor did he "waste it". He rescued the economy and saved this country's ungrateful ass. He also saved millions of lives by prioritizing and passing healthcare reform. Which was something that many people argued could not be done. He gave us the economic growth that we have have enjoyed for the last few yrs and the low unemployment. He accomplished a great deal and had voters done their part in 2010, he would have accomplished a hell of a lot more. You obviously don't understand what great leadership is and you consider President Obama to be weak because of his cool and calm demeanor.

Your comments are utterly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2018 10:59 AM

Judicial Watch 🔎 Verified account @JudicialWatch

JW sent a hand-delivered letter to the chair and co-chair of the House Office of Congressional Ethics calling for an investigation into whether Congresswoman Maxine Waters violated House ethics rules by encouraging violence against Trump Cabinet members.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2018 12:03 PM

Denizcan Grimes @MrFilmkritik

If Democrats take the House back in November, their current ranking member of the Financial Services Committee becomes the chair of the committee, and has the power to subpoena Trump’s bank records.

That member is Maxine Waters. Vote.

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2018 12:08 PM

She never called for violence. She called for protest and resistance but never violence.

Violence is more the republican’s cup of tea. They enjoy they suffering of others.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2018 2:30 PM

I'm grateful she is standing up to him. I find it horrendous that she is the only one. Some others are hee-hawing but that's about it.

I want to know where the hell all the rest of the people are that are supposed to be helping us as citizens and helping our country be great like it USED to be. We were never perfect but we have gone to hell.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2018 2:37 PM

THIS is how you stand up to a bully.

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2018 2:39 PM

R80, Obama also accomplished something that a lot of DL doesn’t totally understand: being a black man in the White House.

Had he been more aggressive and confrontational (like the current occupant) he would have faced even more virulent opposition and possibly removal.

A black man leading the country drove much of the white population into a frenzy of hatred, resentment, and fear.

His goal was to accomplish as much as he could during his tenure, with full knowledge of the racist environment he was in. The fact that he lasted two terms in the era of Fox News and Breitbart is an achievement of epic proportions all on its own.

Maxine Waters is another politician all together. We need her now. Urgently.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2018 3:17 PM

[quote]JW sent a hand-delivered letter to the chair and co-chair of the House Office of Congressional Ethics calling for an investigation into whether Congresswoman Maxine Waters violated House ethics rules by encouraging violence against Trump Cabinet members.

Is Judicial Watch also Congressional Watch now? Is it Presidential Watch, too? 'Cause I'd like to see a call for an investigation into whether the president violated ethics--or laws--by encouraging violence against a Member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2018 3:26 PM

Has Maxine ever worked for a living, like in a real job?

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2018 3:29 PM

Miss Maxine is on FIRE! She was just on AMJoy and left no prisoners!

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2018 3:33 PM

@amjoyshow

REP. @MAXINEWATERS:

Let #Trump call me whatever he wants to call me. Let him say whatever he wants to say. He will not stop me. He cannot cause me to shut down. That's what they would like to do... But he can't do that to me. I won't stand for it #AMJoy

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2018 3:39 PM

I have always liked her but her references to mobs and shooting is really inappropriate.

Go ahead, call me names if it makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2018 3:43 PM

-HA! YES, MA'AM!!! #PROTECTMAXINE

-It's time to tell our leaders to stop being doormats to the GOP mafia. Stand up and fight back like @MaxineWaters is doing. #Impeach45

-@SenSchumer & @NancyPelosi need to follow Maxine’s lead.

-She's become that One Aunt who'll tell that Crazy Uncle "THAT'S ENOUGH"

... Of his dinner table talk ... Of his pawing teenage girls ... Of his Cursing outside of ⛪ Church ... then take the remote for the kids to watch t.v. ... And take the keys from the drunk

-Rep Waters' refusal to be intimidated inspires anyone w/a pulse. Disgusted by @NancyPelosi & @SenSchumer criticizing Waters for speaking up when 🇺🇸 is being destroyed by Trump - ur #complicit if ur whining abt manners while she's calling out evil. Get on board, or get voted out

-@NancyPelosi @SenSchumer —> APOLOGIZE TO MAXINE! Either match our resistance efforts and lead, or step down and move out of the way! #ApologizeToMaxine No SCOTUS confirmations until Mueller investigation is done. #NoSCOTUSconfirmations #DEMSresist call your Dems in Congress!

-Keep fighting @RepMaxineWaters! Sorry that people in your own party want to stop you (@SenSchumer and @SenGillibrand). I'm a NY constituent and you are doing a better job repping me than they ever have! Thank you Representative Maxine! #keepupthefight

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2018 3:46 PM

oh, for crying out loud. calm down, r92.

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2018 3:58 PM

Thank God for Maxine. We need more reps to speak up now.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2018 4:10 PM

Avenatti/Waters 2020!!!!

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2018 4:14 PM

Tweeted 15 minutes ago:

FreedomWorks Verified account @FreedomWorks

Maxine Waters' comments have no place in Congress! Sign the petition condemning Maxine Waters! Demand she resigns from Congress immediately! #Unhinged #ampFW

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2018 9:03 PM

I don't think anyone expected Trump to be as bad as he is, at least she isn't backing down, the others usually take the Trump abuse and go into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2018 9:56 PM

[quote]Has Maxine ever worked for a living, like in a real job?

Has Trump??

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote] His goal was to accomplish as much as he could during his tenure, with full knowledge of the racist environment he was in. The fact that he lasted two terms in the era of Fox News and Breitbart is an achievement of epic proportions all on its own.

He's a good politician alright, I'll give him that. The frenzy of having had a black man in the White House is still grating and driving the GOP agenda today. Ironic that he was elected on what Bill Clinton called a fairy tale: his promised ability to work on both sides of the political divide. All in all, a good president to have had. But it did little to further the development of the party into a viable opposition.

The election of Hillary would've done the same. Good to have a woman in the White House. But as another centrist right politician she too would've led the actual party to play nothing but defense an suck up to the funders not the people.

by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]the others usually take the Trump abuse and go into hiding.

Elizabeth Warren usually fires back. He usually then lets it die.

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2018 11:39 PM

Who's "he"? Or you mean Warren? I like her too. A person with something real to say. Too bad there is no one else in the Democratic Party like her. Shocking actually.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2018 11:45 PM

He refers to orange, the only male mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2018 11:48 PM

Love Mama Maxine! However, she better be wary of Trump and his mobsters: they’ll put a hit out on her.

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2018 11:50 PM

Ah ok. Thanks R102. Sorry didn't read all the posts so had no idea which post he was referring to or it was simply a typo.

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2018 11:51 PM

Aunt Maxine is the leader we need right now. I hope people finally get off their asses and start raising even more hell.

by Anonymousreply 105July 2, 2018 12:24 AM

During the elections, she favored Hillary over Obama and told her supporters to "get over it". That takes balls.

by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2018 1:11 AM

I hope you have all heard Trump issuing another warning today: Trump warns his critics "they better take it easy, because they have never seen supporters like his..." Now WTF is that supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 107July 2, 2018 1:31 AM

AMJoy appearance this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 2, 2018 2:09 AM

I love her, and shame on Schummer for attacking Maxine. He is weak and should have used all of his time to call out Trump and the President's racist/sexist tweet attacking Maxine's intelligence. The Democratic leaders are going to lose the election for the Party if they don't start fighting like they have something to win. It's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 109July 2, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote]But as another centrist right politician she too would've led the actual party to play nothing

Please let us know what accomplishments Bernie Sanders actually has other than naming two post offices.

by Anonymousreply 110July 2, 2018 2:29 AM

R96: Get the fuck outta here! The Koch brothers-funded think tank condemns Congresswoman Waters??

Next thing you'll be telling me Republicans don't give a shit about poor people.

by Anonymousreply 111July 2, 2018 2:43 AM

AM Joy's entire program this morning was the only news show anyone needed to watch. It was perfect. Now, unless something major happens with Mueller, I won't watch anything else this week until maybe Rachel on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 112July 2, 2018 2:49 AM

r110, please don't invite another sanctimonious lecture on the power of amendments.

by Anonymousreply 113July 2, 2018 2:50 AM

I've read about two separate instances this weekend where demonstrations against ICE have turned violent according to news reports. I would not be at all surprised if the media were to discover that some MAGAs were there to deliberately provoke violence. I think that Trump would love something like that.

by Anonymousreply 114July 2, 2018 3:43 AM

[quote] because they have never seen supporters like his..." Now WTF is that supposed to mean?

Someone needs to ask him that. So does Trump ever do press conferences? I'm only online and pay patchy attention.

by Anonymousreply 115July 2, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote] ... shame on Schummer for attacking Maxine. He is weak.... The Democratic leaders are going to lose the election for the Party if they don't start fighting like they have something to win.

Depressing but I concur.

by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2018 4:40 AM

LOL, what is she gonna do? What could she do? Nothing.

I love empty threats by worthless people.

by Anonymousreply 117July 2, 2018 5:26 AM

^ I don’t think we are that far from civil disobedience on a massive scale.

And I fear that is a best-case scenario.

I think she has both the negative and positive attention of a huge chunk of the nation.

She has the influence to incite or to inspire, depending on your vantage point.

by Anonymousreply 118July 2, 2018 7:06 PM

Oh, my my. Oh, HAYell yes. Burell, fetch me my finest party dress. Bring me a drink, we'll sing a song and watch as Maxine shits in his hat then hands it to him. Oh, noooooo! He's . Putting . It . ON

by Anonymousreply 119July 2, 2018 7:27 PM

The GOP and FOX News will equate civil disobedience with militant attacks like they already do (claiming that Maxine Waters calls for actual violence against Trump and the Deplorables). Telling Maxine Waters to "cut it out / shut up!" is most definitely the wrong approach. The "cut it out / shut up" should be directed at the GOP drama queens telling "we are under physical attack led by an angry, uppity black woman!" lies.

by Anonymousreply 120July 2, 2018 7:29 PM

[quote]The GOP and FOX News will equate civil disobedience with militant attacks like they already do (claiming that Maxine Waters calls for actual violence against Trump and the Deplorables).

Ya know... it's long overdue for people to start saying; "FUCK REPUBLICANS!" "FUCK FOX!"

I don't want to talk about anything. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to be civil either. We've done that and they don't know how to act. So, now it's time to act and speak in those terms that they understand. Let them throw tantrums or whatever else. Simply ignore them.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 121July 2, 2018 7:34 PM

I noticed that Trump backed off of Maxine

by Anonymousreply 122July 2, 2018 9:13 PM

Of course he did. The more she speaks the better it is for the Repubs. A Maxine Waters speaking her mind and running amok is the wet dream of all Trumpsters, So it would be silly to do anything to shut her up.

The longer she appears as the spokesperson and the face of the left the better it is for the right.

Go Maxine!! You do you girl.

by Anonymousreply 123July 2, 2018 10:42 PM

Damn, good for her! no reason to back down. No reason to take seriously anyone who voted for Trump and wants to talk about "civility." No reason to take the media seriously when they want us all to sob and hide and beg for forgiveness every time a Democrat stands up to these assholes.

And Nancy and Chuck, get with the fucking program!

by Anonymousreply 124July 2, 2018 10:59 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 2, 2018 11:13 PM

We'll try it again:

[quote]I noticed that Trump backed off of Maxine

They know that there are those in their base crazy enough to do something stupid. Remember PizzaGate? If something should happen to Miss Maxine in all of this, well... it won't be pretty in the country.

PLUS

This happened earlier today;

Sniper kills Philippines mayor during ceremony

Antonio Halili, a controversial mayor in the Philippines, was shot dead by a sniper during a flag-raising ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 2, 2018 11:18 PM

You keep telling that to yourself, R123. Miss Maxine has the people on her side. Trump, (at the moment), is being blamed for the treatment of these immigrant children. If something happens then it will be the Republicans that will get the blame. Although I'm sure that they couldn't care less unless it affects turnout and voting patterns.

by Anonymousreply 127July 2, 2018 11:21 PM

Yep R127. I guess that is why inexplicably his popularity has risen following the border debacle. There is no question that it did not hurt him with his party, but what does shock me is that he seems to have picked up a small amount of popularity with those who were not previously supporting him.

Word to the wise: there is no doubt that Trump treads recklessly through the minefields every day, and people on both sides of the aisle are holding their breath(for opposite reasons of course) just knowing that sooner or later he is going to shit himself.

My gut feeling, and I have read this story very accurately for the past year and a half, the immigration issue is never going to be the thing which has the potential to sink him. Most Americans are closeted anti-immigration, and I mean even those who did not vote for him in the election. Just remember this: there are far more closeted Trump supporters than the polls will ever identify(myself included.) So before you get too hyped up on any give poll, remember to factor in between 8-15% of voters who would die before admitting that they are happy with him.

by Anonymousreply 128July 3, 2018 5:04 AM

[quote]I've read about two separate instances this weekend where demonstrations against ICE have turned violent according to news reports.

Violence was reported from two Trump/Antifa clashes in the NW.

No reports of violence from the ICE demonstrations that I know of.

by Anonymousreply 129July 3, 2018 5:13 AM

[quote]LOL, what is she gonna do? What could she do? Nothing.

If the Dems take control of Congress in November (a strong possibility) she is the ranking member of the House Banking Committee, which would give her subpoena power over Cheetolini's banking records.

[bold]THAT[/bold] is what she could do, you sad Trumpanzee bitch.

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2018 5:15 AM

[quote]She's already has ethics problems. Paying her daughter from campaign funds. You don't want to hitch your wagon to her. She's as corrupt as the rest of them.

Because nepotism and highering your daughter two sons with no relevant skills is so ethical. Evanka is that You?

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote]True that [R30] not to mention the "non-profit" foundations of people like the Clinton's with hundreds of millions of dollars and no one knows where that money goes (wink, wink).

Are you winking at yourself? Thats just not factual at all. First of all its a charity and UNLIKE CHEETO the books are open and they do know where the money goes. Stop spreading fake Bernie Bro lies.

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]Has Maxine ever worked for a living, like in a real job?

Has Trump ever had a real job?

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2018 5:47 AM

[quote]Maxine Waters to Trump: If you shoot me you better shoot straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2018 5:49 AM

[quote] So before you get too hyped up on any give poll, remember to factor in between 8-15% of voters who would die before admitting that they are happy with him.

And also would never admit how racist they really are. Cant have one without the other.

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2018 5:59 AM

Thank god someone can stand up to a bully. Figures it takes a black woman to do that.

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2018 6:01 AM

Same goes for the Right Wing Christian crowd who really are closer to Satanism than Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2018 6:01 AM

The right wing has not been Christian for a long time now. Where is the Love your neighbor like your brother attitude? What happened to lying being a sin? What happened to worshiping false gods AKA Trump being a sin? What happened to giving to helping poor AND NOT JUDGING as a thing you should be doing every day of you life not just on tax day?

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2018 6:08 AM

r123 = tired twat

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2018 6:54 AM

What is Lipstick Alley? Is that where you turn tricks, r34?

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2018 6:56 AM

Oh, don't fight back against bullies! That's what the bully WANTS!

Fucking trolls.

The evidence of your fear is all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2018 7:08 AM

Try harder, r44. That mess isn't as witty as you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2018 7:15 AM

R136 I would argue they do not feel that they are "racist." They do not like to deal with black Americans, and they prefer the company and association with whites, browns and African blacks.

You can call that racism if you choose, but I don't think that there is any malice involved whatsoever. If an adult isn't comfortable around gay men, but they do nothing to diminish their freedoms and rights, and they do not denigrate them in any way. They merely prefer not to associate with them, are they homophobes or are they exclusionary?

Potato, Po tah to, either way, the less the deal with American blacks the happier they are.

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2018 8:05 AM

R143 again, I wanted to add this: in my mind white supremacy groups are racist, because they believe that they are better to and deserve more than black people. If I ever encountered a KKK, a Nazi, a skinhead or an alt-right thug verbally abusing an AA, I would intervene in a heartbeat. I would do anything I could to end the cruel behavior. It would sicken me.

by Anonymousreply 144July 3, 2018 8:11 AM

[quote]They do not like to deal with black Americans, and they prefer the company and association with whites, browns and African blacks. You can call that racism if you choose, but I don't think that there is any malice involved whatsoever.

Their corollary is that those other populations are "getting things" that they themselves don't, and that Obama phones, health care, etc., should be taken away from those others.

You can choose to ignore the racist motivations and intent to harm if you wish, but it is an observable fact that this exists.

by Anonymousreply 145July 3, 2018 11:22 AM

Huge difference between a Christian in name and a Christian in both name AND deed. Like any snake hiding in plain sight, they get REALLY pissed when disturbed/exposed.

by Anonymousreply 146July 3, 2018 11:26 AM

FYI:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Crazy Maxine Waters, said by some to be one of the most corrupt people in politics, is rapidly becoming, together with Nancy Pelosi, the FACE of the Democrat Party. Her ranting and raving, even referring to herself as a wounded animal, will make people flee the Democrats!

3:16 AM - 3 Jul 2018

by Anonymousreply 147July 3, 2018 11:38 AM

[quote]If an adult isn't comfortable around gay men, but they do nothing to diminish their freedoms and rights, and they do not denigrate them in any way. They merely prefer not to associate with them, are they homophobes or are they exclusionary?

Their exclusion is homophobic. No different than separate drinking fountains for black and whites. You are saying as long as they don't hurt each other then its not racism. I call bull shit on that. Its the same flawed reasoning that created separate schools for black and whites.

Same goes for gay and straight. Are all gay people flamboyant drag queens? Gay people are so diverse, many are more masculine than some straight men I know. So to say you would prefer not to be around anyone gay really does come down to homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 148July 3, 2018 11:47 AM

LOL at the Trump tweet. Ranting and Raving? Hey someone should tell Donald that the only one awake at 3:00AM is the POTUS who is ranting and raving.

by Anonymousreply 149July 3, 2018 11:49 AM

[quote]said by some to be one of the most corrupt people in politics,

I see what he did there.

by Anonymousreply 150July 3, 2018 11:49 AM

[quote]LOL at the Trump tweet. Ranting and Raving? Hey someone should tell Donald that the only one awake at 3:00AM is the POTUS who is ranting and raving.

In fairness, (and I could be wrong), I don't believe that's the Trump's time stamp. Why are Twitter and email all based on PST time. Bottom line, the time could actually be 6:16AM--still to early to be tweeting.

by Anonymousreply 151July 3, 2018 11:55 AM

[quote]Crazy Maxine Waters,...

I see Donald is back to insulting people and being disrespectful to members of congress. So much for civility argument he was trying to make.

Will someone PLEASE tell the Cheeto that when he dose the same shit he likes to accuse others of doing, his point is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 152July 3, 2018 11:55 AM

[quote] Bottom line, the time could actually be 6:16AM--still to early to be tweeting

Yeah, that's still very early to be ranting. Its when most people have had a cup of coffee and taking their first crap!

Speaking of which I have a theory that Trumps Tweets are related to his bowel movements. KFC and burgers and junk food probably have him all clogged up in the morning. Since he cant take a shit, he sits on the bowl and starts tweeting. The more he pushes but nothing comes out, the angrier his tweets get.

by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2018 12:01 PM

[quote]Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!

He is also completely ignoring the reports of suspicious activity at some of the NK sites and using it instead to attack the media. Trump is now so wed to the fact that he tamed NK that he will ignore almost any negative reports, because it would mess with his narrative.

by Anonymousreply 154July 3, 2018 12:03 PM

yep, Trump is in such denial that when the bombs drop from the sky, he will try to tell us its just the 4th of July.

by Anonymousreply 155July 3, 2018 12:08 PM

He will not admit failure, R154;

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!

4:16 AM - 3 Jul 2018

by Anonymousreply 156July 3, 2018 12:09 PM

That tweet at r147 is hilarious. The Orange Clown is scared as hell. Good.

by Anonymousreply 157July 3, 2018 1:25 PM

Like anyone who voted for the founder of Trump University gives a shit about corruption. I love this crap. Every wingnut attack on a Democrat is always ten times as true about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 158July 3, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote]Their corollary is that those other populations are "getting things" that they themselves don't, and that Obama phones, health care, etc., should be taken away from those others.

Obamaphones??

[bold]OBAMAPHONES???[/bold]

Bitch, what section of Breitbart's colon did you just arrive from?

Fuck off and begone, racist twat.

by Anonymousreply 159July 4, 2018 12:00 AM

(looking back at R145 I'm realizing that he's not serious about Obamaphones. So, like, I withdraw my screed.)

by Anonymousreply 160July 4, 2018 12:03 AM

The old black thief is all talk. She canceled all of her public appearances. She and her husband should both be locked up for their business dealings, and I hate Trump before you start your shit.

by Anonymousreply 161July 4, 2018 12:11 AM

glad to know you hate Trump, R161. Should he be locked up too, for all his many, many, many corruptions?

by Anonymousreply 162July 4, 2018 12:13 AM

That appearance seems pretty public to me.

I don’t get what she said that was so bad.

She said to resist and make unwelcome people who are intending to do us all great harm.

The cabinet is a group of monsters that want to destroy humanity.

The least you can do is resist and push back.

by Anonymousreply 163July 4, 2018 12:15 AM

You don’t just get to rip families apart and then go have a five course meal. You don’t get to bankrupt the country, destroy the environment and demonize minorities and then go on with your meal. It doesn’t work that way.

Americans are acting in self defense when try to protect themselves from tyranny.

by Anonymousreply 164July 4, 2018 12:17 AM

So now that we're all about the civility, has any Trumpista suggested that Donnie be slightly less of an asshole going forward?

by Anonymousreply 165July 4, 2018 12:19 AM

I'm still wondering where in this speech did she "declare war against Christian wives and mothers"? A couple of right wing women's groups are claiming this.

by Anonymousreply 166July 4, 2018 1:32 AM

Off topic but am I the only one that thinks the smashed window at the Repub. office in Lincoln, Nebraska looks like Pokemon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 4, 2018 1:41 AM

Wasn't she just canceling events left and right out of fear? Make up your mind, Maxine. Do you wanna be shot or don't ya?

by Anonymousreply 168July 4, 2018 1:47 AM

She lost me in that Laura Loomer ambush video last week and came off as a hypocrite. Actually it's that big queen's fault, who stood in front of her and repeated "it's a member's only elevator, members have to vote" about 20x in a row. It looked like Cong. Waters was about to invite her up to the office to chat, which would have been real cool as hell actually. But that big queen ruined the moment.

She missed a golden opportunity right there because of that of arse-kissing queen.

By the way, Sheneneh, that is not a "members only" elevator, that is OUR elevator. We paid for it with our taxes you annoying queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 4, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]If an adult isn't comfortable around gay men, but they do nothing to diminish their freedoms and rights, and they do not denigrate them in any way. They merely prefer not to associate with them, are they homophobes or are they exclusionary?

They are HOMOPHOBES. Give me a break ffs.

by Anonymousreply 170July 4, 2018 2:27 AM

[quote]By the way, Sheneneh,

F&F racist freak. To the bin with you.

Laura LOONER is a freak as well. A Trumpista nut with a huge agenda. Waters has no need to 'interview' with her; it would not be 'cool' ffs. In fact no one in Congress would have to speak with her & engage her ambush 'journalism' tactics.

by Anonymousreply 171July 4, 2018 2:31 AM

whose the Russian at the start of that video, r169?

by Anonymousreply 172July 4, 2018 3:04 AM

Love that the wingnuts aren't even trying any more. All Klan, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 173July 4, 2018 3:26 AM

[quote]F&F racist freak. To the bin with you.

Laura LOONER is a freak as well. A Trumpista nut with a huge agenda. Waters has no need to 'interview' with her; it would not be 'cool' ffs. In fact no one in Congress would have to speak with her & engage her ambush 'journalism' tactics.

Oh, so that was really you in the elevator Sheneneh.

Whether she is a "freak" or a "Trumpista" or not, 'Auntie Maxine' needs to be consistent if she wants to taken more seriously, especially from lightweight, irrelevant, over-privileged, politically novice trustfund children like Loomer. You saw the video. She hadneled it beautifully until her annoying interns intervened. You know what happened.

by Anonymousreply 174July 4, 2018 3:39 AM

Consistency. What a concept. I wonder sometimes if people have a clue what country they are living in right now.

by Anonymousreply 175July 4, 2018 3:45 AM

r174 = Dee Plorable

Dee, dear, shouldn't you be fucking your cousin right now?

by Anonymousreply 176July 4, 2018 6:11 AM

R159 Interesting that a Hispanic man is narrating that vid about Maxine and Laura Loomer the Deplorable.

I thought all Spanish speaking peoples hated Trump and his anti-immigration policies? Hmmm?

by Anonymousreply 177July 4, 2018 9:06 AM

He's likely getting paid, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178July 4, 2018 12:04 PM

Tell em, Girl! We got you!

by Anonymousreply 179July 4, 2018 12:13 PM

Maxine has been in this movie before. I'm a former Congressional staffer to someone who is no longer in Congress. He retired a while ago. But Maxine was elected to Congress in 1990, and even then, as a Black woman in Congress she had to fight to get what she needed to do her job. She came from the California State Assembly and she succeeded Gus Hawkins who was a highly revered, respected member.

I looked her up on Wiki to refresh my memory. She was the 5th of 13 children of a single mother and she worked in a garment factory and as a telephone operator. No silver spoons there. She hooked up with Project Head Start as an assistant teacher and decided to go to school and get her degree in Sociology. She's 80 this year. She's tough, she has grit, and yes, she is a loudmouth. But she isn't wrong.

She often goes too far with her comments drawing attention to herself, putting on a show, and it is usually because she wants something for her district or herself from the House leadership, and believe me she treats everyone the same behind close doors. She will yell at Pelosi or Ryan and be a "very difficult woman" until she exacts her price.

She has never changed. The habits she acquired in the CA state assembly are the same ones she uses in D.C. I often got exasperated with her. There were times when she was not a team player and would not shut her damned mouth even though she was told that they were doing a different strategy and needed her cooperation.

In some ways, in that regard, she is sort of like Bernie. But not. Maxine is practical. But right now, I feel like she is my hero, and I'm real disgusted that Schumer and Pelosi publicly criticized her. Although, it could have been theatre. She definitely would not want to have a negative effect on the Mid Terms. But she's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 180July 4, 2018 2:09 PM

[quote]Dee, dear, shouldn't you be fucking your cousin right now?

oh my Sheneneh, hope you just ate a salad today on this holiday. And i'm not talking about oil drum barrels of potato and macaroni salads either dear. You need to supporting better, smarter and higher quality WOC

by Anonymousreply 181July 4, 2018 9:58 PM

love!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 182July 4, 2018 10:02 PM

She’s the gift that keeps on giving—to the right. She is retarded, deranged and shamefully obvious with her corruption. That this moron is a hero says a lot about today's Dems.

by Anonymousreply 183July 4, 2018 10:19 PM

[Quote] She’s the gift that keeps on giving—to the right. She is retarded, deranged and shamefully obvious with her corruption. That this moron is a hero says a lot about today's Dems.

[Bold] SURE, IVAN.

by Anonymousreply 184July 4, 2018 10:27 PM

[quote]Trump's the gift that keeps on giving—to the right. He is retarded, deranged and shamefully obvious with his corruption. That this moron is a hero says a lot about today's Repubs.

Fixed it for you, r83.

by Anonymousreply 185July 4, 2018 11:13 PM

Kisses for R185!!!!

by Anonymousreply 186July 5, 2018 1:55 AM

[quote] I'm still wondering where in this speech did she "declare war against Christian wives and mothers"? A couple of right wing women's groups are claiming this.

Finally, the Fraupocalypse! Where do I sign up to enlist?

by Anonymousreply 187July 5, 2018 2:01 AM

BOOM!

Calling In Nancy Pelosi: Letter From White Women Asks House Minority Leader to Apologize to Maxine Waters--More than 3,700 white women have signed a letter calling on House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to apologize for recent remarks aimed at silencing Congresswoman Maxine Waters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 5, 2018 2:07 AM

I done told y'all... DO NOT MESS WITH MISS MAXINE! She has tapped into the voice and the will of the people. Nancy knew and knows better;

Black female leaders criticize Pelosi, Schumer for 'failure to protect' Waters

Black female leaders and allies expressed their “deep disappointment“ with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer for their “recent failure to protect“ Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) “from unwarranted attacks from the Trump administration and others in the GOP.“

“We write to share our profound indignation and deep disappointment over your recent failure to protect Congresswoman Waters from unwarranted attacks from the Trump Administration and others in the GOP,” the women wrote in a letter sent Tuesday. “That failure was further compounded by your decision to unfairly deride her as being ‘uncivil‘ and ‘un-American.‘“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 5, 2018 2:17 AM

r181, your grammar and punctuation suck.

by Anonymousreply 190July 5, 2018 6:19 AM

r181: Frau, please. That mess might have passed for humor on i-village, but on Datalounge it's just embarrassing.

Try harder, twat.

by Anonymousreply 191July 5, 2018 6:59 AM

Skip to 12:45 Adam Carolla EVISCERATES Maxine Waters "She is a corrupt RACIST"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 5, 2018 8:23 AM

I’ve attended hearings on Capitol Hill and been in meetings with Maxine Waters numerous times. Her inner city dialect fools some, but she’s sharper than most people on this site.

Waters hires smart people; and has no compunction about calling out fat cat lawyers and congressmen for attempting to pass off BS as fact. I’ve seen smarter blowhards than Trump try to snow Maxine and she’s put them all in their place (sometimes politely, sometimes not).

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2018 9:21 AM

Very well said, r193.

by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2018 12:30 PM

R192 Awesome. I had no idea that she went into business with Football Williams. God lord, that in itself makes me hate her.

by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2018 1:33 PM

r195 = Sybil, talking to herself.

by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2018 1:53 PM

[quote]Good to have a woman in the White House. But as another centrist right politician she too would've led the actual party to play nothing but defense...

GIVE. THAT. SHIT. A. REST. BERNER!!!!

Hillary Clinton was evaluated as the 11th MOST LIBERAL Senator during her 6 years there! This "centrist right" bullshit you're parroting is coming from your Susan Sarandon--approved "How to lose Elections and Freedom" playbook! You already know that, but fuel yourself on Hillary Hate and scorn, yes dear, we KNOW! Your Conventional Wisdom is as accurate as anything Peggy Noonan could come up with after a four-Dewar's and soda lunch. ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2018 3:00 PM

*8 years in the Senate, not 6

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Faux outrage

Tom Fitton Verified account @TomFitton

Infuriating. And Maxine Waters remains in good standing in the House despite her calling for this type of behavior against @RealDonaldTrump Cabinet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2018 12:28 AM

Tell Donald that Maxine is just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 7, 2018 2:12 AM

I wish she'd run for President.

by Anonymousreply 201July 8, 2018 2:24 AM

Interesting story that gives an insight into how the right-wing uses incidents like this to compile lists, raise money, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 9, 2018 11:05 AM

Is the guy at r199 trying to hard to look like a George Bush 43 action figure?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 9, 2018 11:49 AM

[quote] "You would think someone would have shot this bitch by now," -- Michael Selyem/Deputy District Attorney

Well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2018 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!