Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

đź’ˇ Betty Gilpin is the female Benedict Cumberbatch

Or Benedict Cumberbatch is the male Betty Gilpin, if you prefer the female-centric version.

Keep in mind his emotional scenes in [italic]Patrick Melrose[/italic] in particular when you're doing the comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Lol omg I’ve never heard of her but in that gif she def looks like she could be his twin sister! I’d love to see them cast as brother and sister in a film.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2018 1:59 PM

She inherited her father's horse face (Jack Gilpin--he was a staple as guest actor on countless Law and Order episodes and I saw him on Broadway in supporting roles in The Elephant Man with Billy Crudup and Kate Burton). She's better looking--he really does look like Mister Ed.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2018 2:29 PM

During the first season of Glow, she reminded me of someone and I couldn't pinpoint who. Now after starting season 2, I realized it was Benedict Cumberbatch.

I

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2018 12:35 AM

Girl, you crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2018 12:37 AM

I love her on Glow and also her small turn on American Gods. She looks older than her age but has a great body. I don’t see BC though.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2018 12:40 AM

In this pic, she has a similar alien face look like BC has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2018 12:46 AM

She looks much better as a blonde.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2018 12:52 AM

Is she really only 30?

She has a completely different energy in on camera interviews than she does as Debbie Eagon on GLOW. A different look, too.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2018 12:57 AM

R7 As a blonde, she looks like a serial killer in some pics. She has crazy eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2018 1:00 AM

R9, yep. Very Killing Eve.

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2018 1:02 AM

Have you ever seen Betty and Benedict in the same room at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2018 1:04 AM

Maybe, they'll both be at the Emmys this year.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2018 1:18 AM

Well, I guess it's just me, then. My lightning bulb and I are going to have a nice long talk about this little fiasco...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2018 1:22 AM

Oh, sorry, I didn't even read the replies because I went by poll results only. Yes, I'm not alone! Some of us see it, then.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2018 1:25 AM

R8 I think so. I remember her playing a teenage or early 20s babysitter on The Good Wife. She looks more like mid to late thirties. In any case, she plays a fantastic “damaged Barbie.”

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2018 2:53 AM

She doesn't look as odd on films as she does in photos. She was great on AMERICAN GODS and she is stellar on GLOW. I hope she wins the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Although, one could argue that in season 2 she was just as much a Lead as Alison Brie.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2018 4:05 AM

She deserves an Emmy nomination. She'll probably be snubbed in favor of that awful Leslie Jones from SNL.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2018 4:39 AM

r16 I think those two share an equal burden on the show, even though Gilpin's role is obviously flashier, and not just in the ring.

They're both fantastic actors and I'd very much like to see them on the big screen eventually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2018 12:27 PM

She must enjoy giving creepy poses for pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2018 5:11 PM

Betty and Benedict both got nominated for Emmys. Let's hope Benedict shows up and somehow points out to him that Betty could play his sister in a movie or show.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2018 6:05 PM

Is she a desperate fame whore like Benedict?

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2018 6:08 PM

The pooor man's Marcia Cross.

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2018 6:09 PM

r22 = Marcia Cross, irrelevant since about 2007

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2018 6:30 PM

She also kind of looks an older uglier version of Kiernan Shipka.

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2018 11:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2018 4:57 AM

I love Gilpin. She’s delightfully odd. Noticed her first in “Nurse. Jackie,” where she was so weird and great. She has the best body in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2018 5:04 AM

I'm surprised she hasn't been cast as a psycho killer for a thriller or horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2018 8:00 PM

LOVE her off-camera personality. You all should really listen to some podcasts where she makes guest appearances. This bitch has the driest wit and is extremely quick. You just know she's always been an odd duckling.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2018 8:05 PM

r26 no she doesn’t. She has short stubby legs

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2018 9:33 PM

She's really out there. She's written some entertaining essays that you can get bogged down reading because she embroiders her writing so much, on occasion you're like - ok, what just happened?

For example, an article she did on how she conceptualizes her inner self as multiple personalities with names, and they each handle a different aspect of her life. While sharing this, she told a story of going into a full week body spasm. It was actually difficult to figure out what had happened to her or what she was experiencing, because she was over-writing. It's almost all description, and a ton of metaphors for commonplace experience, so that when she says "circus" you think, "Oh, wait - ok, she means "at work." Once or twice would be fine, but she does this with everything until reading her is like work.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2018 12:06 AM

She has great boobs, hips and rear end, but she's got those sloping shoulders instead of straight ones, and one shoulder is markedly shorter than the other. When you see her on Glow, they're very uneven. I don't think her legs are short and stubby. I think her body and torso are each about the same length, or we'd never see her in sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2018 12:08 AM

Benedict Cumberbatch is the female Benedict Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2018 12:09 AM

I wonder if she has birth deformities. Her face and body are odd.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2018 2:05 AM

She sounds exhausting. And her body is weird, but she does have a nice bosom area and a shapely ass.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2018 3:40 AM

She played a girlfriend of Sherlock Holmes on the CBS series - the character had aspberger’s and she was really so good.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2018 4:16 AM

She's got classic reptile face.

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2018 4:19 AM

R35 I remember those episodes and laughing at the portrayal of the aspie.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2018 3:18 AM

I watched her episode of Off Camera with Sam Jones and she came off as odd.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2018 2:05 AM

Another creepy picture. She looks like Alison Brie's dominant lesbian lover in this pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2018 1:55 AM

She doesn't have short legs. She has a very long torso.

She's beautiful and sexy.

Odd and funny, a delightful combination.

by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2019 11:49 PM

In interviews/articles for The Hunt, she sounds like she could be one step away from turning into a republican or at least willing to considering voting that way. Or maybe she was just trying really hard to sell the movie to pissed off conservatives?

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2020 12:45 AM

What R40 said-

I think she is gorgeous- with great body-

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2020 12:48 AM

She was really naive when she talked about The Hunt being some hilarious satire about today's politics and that it would bring all sides together.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2020 1:06 AM

Betty Gilpin was supposed to be this hardcore liberal. That's why it feels like she sold out by starring in That Blumhouse disaster. The movie may not be a full-blown endorsement of the right, but it's certainly throwing them a bone. Ironically, it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2020 1:10 AM

I've always thought Tilda Swinton could play Benedict's older sister- same alien vibe.

Rihanna has eyes like Cumberbatch, but fortunately, that's where the resemblence ends.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2020 4:50 AM

Tilda, Benedict, and Betty could play a trio of siblings. Which older actors with alien faces could play their parents?

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2020 1:24 AM

Joan Allen!

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2020 6:16 PM

Well, Joan Allen can play aunt to Tilda

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2020 6:16 PM

I love Betsy Galpal

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2020 6:40 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about her as an actress, but she does have an interesting face. She can look really old without makeup.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2020 6:24 PM

She has the ability to look exactly like the tragic half of a Sock & Buskin mask set. It's when she's smiling TOO much. Funny because that's Bries role on the show.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2020 1:48 PM

Did you see her performance in "Coffee & Kareem?" She was completely OTT and seemed visibly embarrassed at times.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2020 6:12 PM

he reminds me of a weirder Sarah Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2020 6:14 PM

R53 I agree. She is going to play Ann Coulter in Ryan Murphy's Impeachment mini-series. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends being another favorite of RM's like Sarah Paulson is.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2020 10:23 PM

There's been a few articles talking about how The Hunt original cancelation a well as the pandemic ruined her chances pf being an A-lister. She seems to be okay with that because she thinks couldn't handle it. She also said she isn't cut out for beauty product tie-ins that all these female A-listers seem to have.

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2021 1:32 PM

Mom is Ann McDonough, who costarred with M in the television version of “Uncommon Women and Others”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2021 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!