Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

White laminate floors

I'm attempting a beachy vibe and I wonder if any of you have white or off-white laminate floors. White laminate is difficult to find. I want my place to look light and clean, but not cheap.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2018 8:10 AM

What about light color wood floors?

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2018 11:22 PM

OP what are going on about. A google search finds DOZENS of options. All of them quite frau appropriate. I hope you are not a dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2018 11:40 PM

Lowes and Home Depot and Lumber Liquidators do not sell white laminate. I'm wary of ordering floor planks off the internet. And what is frauish about white laminate?

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2018 2:29 AM

I have ivory tile downstairs. It looks nice but every step in the house makes the floor look dirty. It has to be washed daily or it looks filthy. And this is a house with no kids or pets and nobody wears shoes.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2018 4:00 AM

Those of us who have older family members who own homes in Florida are forever scarred by the terror of cheap white tile floors - which likely sours us to cheap white laminate floors as well. Every homeowner of a certain age had the "Florida white tile" installed and the floors look like Hell. My parents also jumped for a very WHITE/off white carpet for the bedrooms and then finally in their latest re-model (the house is nice, a large lot, across the street from the ocean, and generally a very attractive home in a very nice hood...well, for Florida) - a cerused grey/blond/white laminate floor for the living areas. I hate white floors as a rule and despite the trend towards cerused finishes - I think that this look will end badly and relatively quickly. Whatever makes them happy. At least you can see and try to kill those giant palmetto bugs when they sneak in.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2018 4:15 AM

[quote]I'm attempting a beachy vibe

Pour sand on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2018 4:19 AM

When you say laminate, what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2018 8:32 AM

I got the light gray wood look vinyl plank from Costco online..the manufacturer has a site that sends samples ...it really looks like wood and snaps together and cuts with a box cutter. the stores only had Jamestown oak..too dark

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2018 8:40 AM

Super gloss Arctic is online with a google search...shinty solid white

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2018 8:43 AM

I like the look of a pure white floor. Sure it shows the dirt and dust faster but I don't wear my glasses around the house so I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2018 12:17 PM

Ya but high gloss?

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2018 8:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!