Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Priscilla Barnes in PENTHOUSE

I guess she did a layout under the name "Joann Witty" (why such an unsexy name??) while still toiling in bit parts before THREE'S COMPANY.

Who else did layouts they wish had never come to light? (And how much did you make as a PENTHOUSE pet in 1976?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2018 5:07 PM

Terri nunn of Berlin did one in 1977 under the name Betsy Harris. She was 16 at the time and didn’t admit to it until recently.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Priscilla sued Penthouse when they reprinted the pics after she landed her Three's Company role. I believe she won the lawsuit. The photographer came up in the name in part because he thought Priscilla was "witty."

Nunn shaved a few years off her age. She was really born in 1959 so she was probably more like 17.

Demi Moore and her infamous bush appeared in the March 1981 Spanish edition of Penthouse. Pics from the photoshoot turned up in other magazines also.

Dale Bozzio posed for Hustler before she became famous. Hustler was raunchier than Penthouse. She showed all. I seen a few pics with a vibrator, perhaps there are even raunchier pics of her out there.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2018 3:34 AM

That sounds more accurate r2. It would’ve made Terri 15 when she posed for the pics and 14 at the time of her Star Wars audition.

The first issue of penthouse featuring then current miss America Vanessa Williams is illegal to own unless the photos of traci lords are removed as she was 16 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2018 3:50 AM

R2 I checked and you're right, she won against Penthouse which is nearly impossible in these cases. Apparently there was a hand-written addendum to the model release limiting their use.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2018 3:52 AM

Shitty quality but I always loved this In Living Color parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2018 4:07 AM

I honestly don’t know why this sort of thing is seen as scandalous. Who cares? Lots of people like to look at naked pictures of other people. What is wrong with having your body photographed? I really don’t get it. Can we not accept this is as a part of human nature, and move on?

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2018 4:10 AM

OP's picture reminds me of the fabulous Cheryl Rixon who's become sort of a DL mascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]r6 What is wrong with having your body photographed? I really don’t get it. Can we not accept this is as a part of human nature, and move on?

I don't think anyone -- including these performers -- feels there's anything wrong with nude photography...it's more that for an actress, like Priscilla Barnes once she became legit, there's always the fantasy they'll become the next Meryl Streep, or someone. There's a desperation about posing nude that most performers don't want associated with themselves.

For someone like Anna Nicole Smith, who's only going to go so far, it's fine. But for an actor that wants to go further, it's not really a badge of honor.

It's different if the pics are by a celebrated artist like Helmut Newton or Avedon, but if it's just for a skin rag....it's not desirable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2018 8:42 AM

Her son Ben said he was traumatized when he saw the pics as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2018 8:50 AM

Penthouse was giving Playboy a run for it's money for a while, when it came to sales. That was from the late 70s to around the mid 80s.

The Vanessa Williams issues were huge sellers. They also published pre-fame nudes of Madonna which sold well also. At some point they had early nude photos (rather tame, she was just topless) of Lauren Hutton, but never published them. A man who bought Guccione's storage lockers later sold them in an auction.

But other than Pia Zadora, no other established celebs willingly posed for them. The others went to Playboy. Except for fame whores like Gennifer Flowers and Paula Jones. I doubt Playboy had that much interest in them, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2018 12:55 PM

Apparently not only female celeb photos were found in Guccione's storage locker. He had several it seems. I wonder what else could be in there?

[quote]He also claims there was a photo of a young Arnold Schwarzenegger apparently performing a sex act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2018 1:07 PM

Thanks R5--I hadn't seen that in years but the line "I had a white girl in my face..." pops back into my head at the most random moments. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2018 5:04 PM

[quote] Who else did layouts they wish had never come to light?

Please not to be askink dis quaistion of Vairst Letty.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2018 5:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!